[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 135993520748.png - (244.27KB , 640x480 , different_spiral_1a.png )
10077 No. 10077 edit
Replication of the Golden Witch Hiatus X Hiatus edition
Last thread:
>>9755

In a brief moment, the world opens up. But just because it exists doesn't mean it can be understood.
You can't remember who you are, you can't remember where you are. Lost in the middle of nowhere.
The uneventful void causes those existing to feel dizzy, and the eternal silence makes ones ear's crave for stimuli.
But suddenly, something changes. You hear a faint voice attempting to talk with you...

"Poor boy, you just lost again. Even if you had some fun, I don't think you really wanted to lose that bet...
I know how bad losing can be, so let me try to cheer you up.
Power, Strength, Love.
Those three things are what most men claim to call their desires. Tell me, which one do you wish for?"
Expand all images
>> No. 10079 edit
File 132788807624.png - (144.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa3c.png )
10079
>>10077
"Without love it cannot be seen.
So that shall be my choice."
>> No. 10080 edit
"Love? You just can't teach new tricks to an old dog, huh.
So that will be, then. Good luck."

One by one, Kinjo's senses slowly come back to normal, and he finds himself inside some sort of bar. It looks old-fashioned, but at the same time it feels somehow familiar.

[BG]
>> No. 10082 edit
File 135993681075.png - (729.51KB , 640x480 , dudegetagripofyourself.png )
10082
[BGM: Otono no mimono]
As you wander off like some kind of hobo, a cute girl gets close to you.
"Kinjo-kun? I heard you were sick, so I thought you weren't coming today. Are you feeling alright?"
>> No. 10083 edit
File 13180522861.png - (144.38KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea5a.png )
10083
>>10082
"...Huh? Where am I? And who are you?"
>> No. 10085 edit
>>10082
fuck you At least it isn't higanbana again.
>> No. 10087 edit
File 135993776998.png - (698.35KB , 640x480 , kinjosvirginityisinaterribledanger.png )
10087
As you try to evade the girl's charm attack, another lady appears from nowhere and flanks you.
"Oh my, are you sure it was just a cold? Don't worry, you will remember everything soon enough~"
>> No. 10088 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
10088
>>10087
"A cold? ...What's going on? Who are you two?"
>> No. 10089 edit
File 135993837573.png - (702.84KB , 640x480 , becausepinkhairwasntunrealisticenough.png )
10089
Your beg for mercy make no effect against the ladies of the evening. However, your questions seem to have angered her boss.

"Kinjo-san! Good thing you have come. Wayne is busy with an errand today, and the other bodyguards haven't been coming lately. I feel safer now that you are here."
>> No. 10090 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
10090
>>10089
"...Well, yeah, I do have that effect on people... Umm, who are you again? I must've gotten amensia somehow."
>> No. 10091 edit
File 135993890059.png - (703.22KB , 640x480 , damnwhydidihirethisfagget.png )
10091
"Who am I? You don't remember me, Kinjo-san?
I'm Rose Haibara, Madame Primavera. We hired you as a bodyguard a few days ago.
Are you feeling okay? Maybe you should go back home."
>> No. 10092 edit
>>10090
Kinjo is that a goldbar in your pocket or are you just happy to see her?
>> No. 10093 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
10093
>>10091
"Ah, yes, Madam Rose! Well then, what is there to do around here? My sickness seems to be fading away now, so I'll be able to work just fine!"
>> No. 10094 edit
File 135993963690.png - (673.25KB , 640x480 , prim_3.png )
10094
"Well, there's not a lot of work today, so I guess you can take it easy."

As Rose finishes that sentence, you hear some ruckus outside the bar. A girl comes in crying, seemingly terrified.
"Kinjo-san! Alfred's gang is here!"
>> No. 10096 edit
File 130833911050.png - (133.79KB , 432x480 , screwthehippocraticoath.png )
10096
>>10094
"Wow, that was fast. Crazy Alfred sure doesn't mess around, does he?"

I move to confront Alfred's gang.
>> No. 10097 edit
File 135994021460.png - (619.54KB , 640x480 , kinjogetshisasskicked.png )
10097
[BGM: No. 9]
Kinjo doesn't waste time and gets his magical rifle out from nowhere, then he finds the mean guys.
"Don't worry ladies, it won't hurt."
"Hey look, Primavera still has bodyguards!"
"Let's teach this white boy a lesson."
>> No. 10098 edit
File 131795521113.png - (144.12KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia1.png )
10098
>>10097
"Hey, you guys! Leave the girls alone, or things won't end well for you!"

I aim my rifle at them. If they do anything fishy, I won't hesitate to shoot!
>> No. 10100 edit
File 135994109499.png - (123.38KB , 640x480 , mac301.png )
10100
Kinjo bravely points his Winchester against the gangsters, however, his Intimidate roll doesn't impress them very much.

"Don't make me laugh! We know you're alone here!"
"Kill him!"
>> No. 10101 edit
File 132443706799.png - (143.53KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua3.png )
10101
>>10100
"Get back, everyone!"

I aim at the man in the center and pull the trigger, hoping to hit his good arm. At the same time I also try and move behind some tables for cover.
>> No. 10102 edit
File 13599420131.png - (104.32KB , 640x480 , mad101.png )
10102
Kinjo shot hits his mark, and he gangster screams in agony.
The rest don't even seem bothered by it, and continue attacking Kinjo. Then, another guy comes from behind and attempts to hit Kinjo with a metal pipe.

>> No. 10103 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
10103
>>10102
With one hand holding the rifle, I use the other to grab onto the metal pipe, stopping it from hitting me. Then, I take the rifle and bash it against the man's head.
>> No. 10104 edit
File 135994228327.png - (139.93KB , 498x524 , anontan.png )
10104
>> No. 10105 edit
File 135994444485.png - (73.72KB , 640x480 , p_dageki_efe6.png )
10105
Time slows down as Kinjo attempts doing something ridiculous. But wait, did time itself slow down, or is Kinjo moving really fast?!
Surprisingly, Kinjo grabs the metal bar just in time, only breaking a few fingers. However, he doesn't seem to care about it, and retaliates swinging his good ol' Winchester against the man.

>> No. 10106 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
10106
>>10105
I then put both hands on the Winchester and focus another shot on the remaining thug.
>> No. 10107 edit
File 135994533364.png - (242.28KB , 626x480 , highqualityediting.png )
10107
Kinjo prepares himself to shoot again, but something stops him from doing it.
A girl clearly drawn with a different art style appears in front of you. She's being restrained by a thug.

"Kinjo-san!"

Then, another man approaches and talks to you.
"Oh Kinjo, good thing you are here. I heard somewhere that you like me. That's flattering."
>> No. 10108 edit
File 131795595756.png - (143.05KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana2.png )
10108
>>10107
"Of course, I get along with most white-haired gentleman. So it should be no problem for you to let go of that woman for me, right?"
>> No. 10109 edit
File 135994581651.png - (87.23KB , 640x480 , alf1.png )
10109
"I'm sorry, but everything in Primavera is mine.
And now, I'll proceed to feed this girl with my own "cookies recipe", and I would hate to be interrupted.

You know, usually I would kill you now, but I like you. I'll give you a chance, so come on!"
>> No. 10110 edit
File 135994597026.png - (99.92KB , 640x480 , alf2.png )
10110
Abusing an opportunity round, Alfred charges against Kinjo and attempts to knock him down.
Our hero manages to dodge his attacks, but his Winchester goes flying after trying to parry a punch with it.

>> No. 10111 edit
File 135994615925.png - (104.78KB , 640x480 , alf101.png )
10111
Alfred continues mercilessly attacking Kinjo, now trying a badass "impossible-angle kicking attack."
This time, Alfred lands a clean hit on Kinjo, and gets him on the floor. However, as he stands up, he notices his favorite scalpel fell from his pocket.

>> No. 10112 edit
File 133386433972.png - (115.54KB , 342x424 , Imma_cutyou.png )
10112
>>10111
I take the scalpel and attack Alfred with all I've got!!!
>> No. 10113 edit
File 135994659392.png - (210.42KB , 640x480 , alf202.png )
10113
Kinjo takes his old comrade and rushes against Alfred. Seeing this, Alfred grabs his knife and prepares himself.
>> No. 10114 edit
File 135994666132.png - (119.29KB , 640x480 , kinjo4.png )
10114
Dodging Alfred's swings with relative ease, Kinjo finally counterattacks...!
>> No. 10115 edit
File 135994717489.png - (375.50KB , 640x480 , e_gun_efe6.png )
10115
Kinjo attacks land true, and Alfred finds himself soaked in blood.
"You bastard... don't you know what the catch's with comedy relief villains? They play dirty!"

Just as Alfred finishes his sentence, the rest of his gang starts shooting Kinjo. Trapped in a rain of bullets, Kinjo's body gets pulverized a hundred times and he falls dead.
>> No. 10116 edit
File 13599474466.png - (298.16KB , 640x480 , +blood_1b.png )
10116
The world gets silent again for Kinjo. However, very far from there, a voice laments on the meta-plane.
"...Oh well. One more to go."
>> No. 10117 edit
On a different place, our Player 2 has his own adventure.
>> No. 10118 edit
File 135994807842.png - (323.04KB , 640x480 , different_spiral_1b.png )
10118
You wake up, or so you think. You find yourself in a place similar to the one Kinjo found himself in, but the aura here is a little different. The air is thin, and your lungs have to work extra hard to get and mix some oxygen into your blood. You hear some noise, but it isn’t something you can recognize.
You lost your sense of time long ago, and there’s nothing you can do besides wonder how much time you will stay here.
>> No. 10119 edit
Slowly, the noises you have been trying to listen to start sounding as syllables, and later as words.

“I would like to congratulate you, but I cannot. Your work as a detective was praiseworthy, but your attitude over the game caused you to neglect the motive.
It’s time for you to end that little story.”
>> No. 10120 edit
File 135994835738.png - (330.81KB , 640x480 , whyareyoubacksensei.png )
10120
[BGM: かがみさん]
You wake up. You are on the place where that wicked game took place. Didn't it end already? Didn't you win?

"...!"
"Ozaki-sensei... How...? Why are you here?"
>> No. 10121 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10121
>>10120
"Whoa whats going on?"

I survey the room
>> No. 10122 edit
File 135994893112.png - (301.71KB , 640x480 , thatwasgreatsensei.png )
10122
Ozaki's search doesn't give him much information. A second ago he was sure there were only other two people in the room, but another three students had suddenly appeared from the shadows.
"Sensei... how could you..."
"Oh man, that was fucking great. Lying at the end and faking your death! If your GM wasn't such a jerk, it could have worked!"
>> No. 10123 edit
File 130855225166.png - (65.23KB , 347x480 , ozaki_ikaria1.png )
10123
>>10122
"Lying at the end and... Wait hold up. Didn't everyone die?
No better yet, why are you meta-aware?"
>> No. 10124 edit
File 135994940229.png - (299.98KB , 640x480 , soyouhavecomebackhuh.png )
10124
"Welcome to our teaparty, Ozaki. I don't remember inviting you, but now that you took the trouble to pay us a visit, well, we cannot kick you out. Can we?"

"Mwahahaha, that was brilliant, Ozaki. The game ended and my crime went unpunished! The only thing the world knows is that that Kanamori, the teacher loved by everyone, was the victim of a terrible murder case!"
>> No. 10125 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
10125
>>10124
"...Wait a second. It sounds like you are saying nothing was resolved? That nothing was solved.

Did you guys miss the real teaparty or what?"
>> No. 10126 edit
File 135568656085.png - (172.20KB , 500x480 , kan_w1.png )
10126
[BGM: 暗き昏き闇は月を背に]
"The real teaparty? You mean the Game Master's excuse to let you live?
Don't make me laugh; what he said doesn't change the fate of his game. Maybe everyone is safe outside this place, but the rest of us are destined to be trapped in this gameboard. Such is the fate of a game piece!"
>> No. 10127 edit
File 135995057169.png - (178.30KB , 951x480 , kou_u1.png )
10127
"Very well. That's enough, Kanamori. Let's finish this now.
Ozaki, your mission here was to solve a mystery, and you did it magnificently. You solved each howdunnit and easily spotted the culprit.
But had your opponent decided the whydunnit was as important as the rest of the game, and it would have been your loss.

So, I will ask you this just once. Do you think you did a good job as a detective?"
>> No. 10129 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
10129
>>10127
"If they didn't stop altering the rules I could have used my other limb for a perfect win but what can you do?

Yes I do. Not by the standard of law but by the standard of a mystery novel, which this is.

Of course that is completely opinion based."
>> No. 10130 edit
File 13599509538.png - (223.79KB , 640x480 , letsthegamesbegin.png )
10130
"The standard of a novel mystery? Dohoho... Please tell me more about it."
>> No. 10131 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10131
>>10130
"Poor choice of words on my part. What I mean to say is that from a perspective of a higher being my actions would make the story more entertaining and could be commended. While from a piece's perspective some might find it appalling or even heinous depending on your beliefs.

In any case as the detective I solved the crime, which was the task to begin with. All in all that would suffice as being a "good detective".
>> No. 10132 edit
File 135995149555.png - (143.29KB , 500x480 , ham_def4.png )
10132
"A higher being? Kihihihi... What are you talking about!?
More entertaining? For who? No matter what you say, a detective who doesn't care about the heart of the story is just scum!"
>> No. 10133 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10133
>>10132
"There is a difference between heartless and scum~ Many cases, just like this one, was solved without it.

In any case may I ask, you said we are all stuck here right? So that means all the students, along with all the teachers including Ozaki the science teacher right?"
>> No. 10134 edit
File 135995197420.png - (142.79KB , 500x480 , ham_def5.png )
10134
"Your vague second theory was not enough. There's a difference between solving a game and understanding it."
>> No. 10135 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
10135
>>10134
"Exactly, that's why I had to explain the rest to the GM himself. After that he declared my victory. I guess he never showed you that part.

Well in any case, this is only restricting for Ozaki the Science Teacher, but nobody said anything about Toshio the Undercover Detective who went to investigate the death of Kinjo Goldbar.

Gm confirmed both of these. So anyway, it's been fun."

I leave the world.
>> No. 10136 edit
File 13599527887.png - (189.06KB , 951x480 , kou_def6.png )
10136
The undercover detective attempts to "leave" the classroom... but no door is visible.

"So you think it's really that easy? You think it's okay to ignore and insult game pieces just because it's a game?
Oh no, Ozaki, it isn't. You know, because pieces can come back and do the same to you. It was my intention to settle this conflict in an elegant manner, but you leave me no choice."
>> No. 10138 edit
File 135995361389.png - (210.32KB , 639x480 , tentaclegrape.png )
10138
"Good night, Ozaki. I hope you enjoy your next travel more."
The principal's shadow starts to move by itself, and it morphs into multiple black, eerie tentacles.
They start grabbing, and constraining Ozaki, not letting him escape. Soon enough, the detective breathes for the last time and perishes.

>> No. 10140 edit
File 135995399211.png - (373.49KB , 640x480 , canadian_pinata.png )
10140
Very well. I have completed the execution. You can do the rest, kids."

Ozaki's students gather around the corpse of his teacher, wondering what the Principal meant, but then, it becomes obvious.
One of the tentacles that were grabbing him before is now around his neck, and it pulled him up, keeping Ozaki's corpse in the air.
The detective once pretended to hang himself, and now he had really done it, and become an excellent piñata.

>> No. 10141 edit
File 135995457124.png - (419.91KB , 640x480 , sea_3a.png )
10141
You wake up for real now. The shock from dying in your dream was enough to make you open your eyes.
Your body feels numb; the cold water made your blood move slower. You can't stand up.
You can see your friend Kinjo Goldbar, unconscious on the sand. It seems somehow both of you managed to survive.

>> No. 10143 edit
File 132116397839.png - (21.49KB , 217x157 , ozaki_heh.png )
10143
>>10141
Finally, we have been waiting a long time for this anon! Let's start your real game;Blow*** of the Golden Witch!
>> No. 10144 edit
File 131803167260.png - (144.19KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana1a.png )
10144
>>10143
I regain my consciousness.

"Damn you ALFREEEEEEEED!!!!!!
...Wait, that was a dream?
You know, I'm happy to be alive, but that means... the girls aren't...!!!"
>> No. 10145 edit
File 135995535321.png - (299.00KB , 640x480 , whydothishappenseveryyear.png )
10145
Kinjo wakes up and attempts to shout, but he starts coughing instead; his health is no better than Ozaki's.
Seconds later a man runs toward you with a worried expression.

"You... Can you stand up?"
>> No. 10147 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10147
>>10144
Looking at the sand under my body I pick out a few shells and pocket them. Without saying anything I then attempt to stand.
>> No. 10148 edit
File 131940670529.png - (78.95KB , 319x478 , gen_odorokia1.png )
10148
Ozaki grabs a few shells and attempts to stand up. It ends up being quite difficult, but, with a determined expression on his face, he manages to do it... for five seconds. Then he faints again.
"Stay there, I will help you now."
Seeing his friend decided to have fun by himself on the sand, Kinjo faints as well...
>> No. 10149 edit
File 135995652961.png - (594.08KB , 640x480 , g1f_r2a.png )
10149
[BGM: Rose]
You wake up (again). This time you find yourself on a real bed, and it seems someone has tried their best to make you heal you.
>> No. 10150 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10150
>>10149
I survey the room to see if anyone else is here with me. If not I'll sit up in the bed and see if I'm wearing anything clothing. I'll then look for my clothing if it's in the room."
>> No. 10151 edit
File 131245332348.png - (85.16KB , 346x447 , kum_defa1.png )
10151
Ozaki notices they are still wearing their clothes from before. Another person is in the room, and she gets close when she notices you're awake.
"Oh, you are awake now. Tell me, how are you feeling now?"
>> No. 10152 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10152
>>10151
"Fine... I think. I don't really recall what happened. Who are you and may I ask where this is?"
>> No. 10153 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
10153
>>10151
"I don't know about that guy, but I feel much better! Thank you for taking care of us. Where are we, anyway?"
>> No. 10154 edit
File 131329350695.png - (86.84KB , 346x447 , kum_defa2.png )
10154
"Dohoho, my name is Chiyo Kumasawa. I'm a servant of the Ushiromiya family.
You are on Rokkenjima right now, the private island of the Ushiromiyas.
One of the servants found you near the beach, so we don't understand the situation very well either~"
>> No. 10155 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
10155
>>10154
"I see... We both must've washed up here after our boat was destroyed in the storm. My name is Kinjo Goldbar, and this is my friend, Toshio Ozaki. Nice to meet you."
>> No. 10156 edit
File 135995880262.png - (475.98KB , 640x480 , whatcouldgowrong.png )
10156
"You just woke up and you are already so full of energy... I would like to remember how it feels to be so young. Any of you care to help me remember~?"
>> No. 10157 edit
File 132704166775.jpg - (22.09KB , 562x400 , dr_ozaki laugh.jpg )
10157
>>10156
"Ahahah I don't think either of us are in any shape for that."
>> No. 10158 edit
File 135996189747.png - (69.82KB , 360x453 , nan_defa1.png )
10158
Ozaki and Kumasawa joke around for a while, until another person enters the room.
"You seem to be in great shape. I didn't think you would wake up so soon."
>> No. 10173 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
10173
>>10158
"In any case, we really don't have any business here. Sorry for intruding like this..."
>> No. 10174 edit
File 136003419643.png - (278.59KB , 640x480 , isthatofferstillup.png )
10174
"Any business?" Nanjo ponders "But how did you...?"

"Oh, Nanjo-san. They are survivors of a terrible incident," Kumasawa rushes to answer.
"Their boat was damaged and they washed up on the island. It's a miracle they are alive right now."
>> No. 10175 edit
File 136004545623.png - (72.01KB , 360x455 , nan_majimea1.png )
10175
"You fell from a boat? You were very lucky then, not many boats get near of this area...
Anyway, Krauss-sama wanted to be informed if you woke up, so, if you excuse me."

Saying this, Nanjo grabs a telephone and have a short talk with someone. After that, Nanjo says he got something else to do and leaves the room.
>> No. 10176 edit
File 136004671746.png - (351.64KB , 640x480 , wherehaveiseenthisscenebefore.png )
10176
Some time passes without any major event. You get up from your bed and chat with Kumasawa for a while.
Apparently you are feel much better now, and the old servant praises you again for being full of energy.

About fifteen minutes pass, and a man enters the room.

"Oh, there you are. Welcome to Rokkenjima.
My name is Ushiromiya Krauss, eldest son of the family head.
Nanjo has informed me of your situation, so please make yourselves comfortable."
>> No. 10181 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10181
>>10176
"Thank you for all of this. We may be here awhile so I apologize for the inconvenience."

After hearing his response I then ask Krauss what time it is and inquire about dinner/food.
>> No. 10189 edit
File 130863085075.png - (105.72KB , 439x480 , kla_akuwaraia1.png )
10189
Krauss smirks at Ozaki's remark, and replies to him.
"Hungry already? That means you guys are feeling better.
It's about 4:30 PM right now. We should have dinner soon, but, if you wish we can get something prepared for you now."
>> No. 10190 edit
File 130854776888.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_waraia1.png )
10190
>>10189
"Ah no worries. I just wished to gain my bearings. My mind is still not at 100% yet."

I inform Krauss that we can wait until dinner is ready for everyone to eat.
>> No. 10192 edit
File 130854683756.png - (144.66KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia3a.png )
10192
>>10189
>>10190
"...Actually, I'll take you up on that offer. I can't think straight on an empty stomach, so some food would be nice."
>> No. 10193 edit
File 130862896113.png - (65.31KB , 347x480 , ozaki_waraia2.png )
10193
>>10192
"Oh really? My bad then. I guess it takes something of this magnitude to break your eating habits eh?

I will wait until later to eat."
>> No. 10194 edit
File 131245332348.png - (85.16KB , 346x447 , kum_defa1.png )
10194
"Oho, Kinjo-san is hungry? I'll get something for you, then.
Gohda-san would get angry if I asked him to prepare something right now. He has been really busy with dinner all day.

Hohoho~ Tell me Kinjo-san, do you like mackerel?"
>> No. 10195 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
10195
>>10194
"Mackerel? Yeah, that's fine with me."
>> No. 10196 edit
File 130863008271.png - (104.83KB , 439x480 , kla_akuwaraia2.png )
10196
Surprised by Kinjo's answer, an evil grin appears on Kumasawa's face. She promises to return with healthy food and leaves the room. Krauss laughs, and then he says:

"Heh, you surely decided to visit Rokkenjima on an odd day. Today is the Ushiromiya family's conference. We only make one each year, so you were pretty lucky."
>> No. 10198 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
10198
>>10196
"I'd say surviving the storm would be considered luckier but who knows... Now that I mention it, I wonder how the other passengers fared.

Do you by any chance have a radio Krauss? We should probably contact someone about our survival and figure out what happened."
>> No. 10199 edit
File 130863011644.png - (104.45KB , 439x480 , kla_komarua1.png )
10199
"We have. In fact we tried to contact Nishima a while ago, but it seems the storm is already affecting our communication with the exterior.
Did you know someone else who was in the boat with you?"
>> No. 10200 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10200
>>10199
"Not personally but I imagine there were quite a few casualties which concerns me.

That explains the situation then. It looks like we will be in your care until this storm passes."
>> No. 10201 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
10201
>>10199
>>10200

"...Well, there was this one guy with a fedora, but I'm not too worried about him. He's been through worse.

Anyway, the storm is that bad huh? When do you think the weather will clear up?"
>> No. 10202 edit
File 133084214490.png - (104.74KB , 439x480 , kla_majimea1.png )
10202
"We don't know. If the storm is as strong as the radio said, it might not go away until the day after tomorrow.
Don't worry about it, you will be our guests until that happens."

Krauss stays silent for a while, as if there was something bothering him, and then he adds:
"...Maybe I should return to the main house now."
>> No. 10204 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10204
>>10202
"Oh by no means feel that you are obligated to stay here. I'm sure Kinjo and I can find a way to entertain ourselves until dinner."
>> No. 10206 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
10206
>>10202
>>10204
"Yeah. We'll be able to keep ourselves busy, so don't worry."
>> No. 10207 edit
File 136018548176.png - (499.38KB , 640x480 , g1f_r2cr.png )
10207
"Very well, once you eat, I will introduce you to the rest of the family. If you need something else, please talk with one of the servants" says Krauss, still looking a bit concerned. Saying this, Krauss leaves and the detectives finally are alone in the room.
>> No. 10208 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
10208
>>10207
Not feeling too trustworthy of these people, I check our beds for any traps.
>> No. 10209 edit
In a perfect example of meta-autism, Kinjo checks the beds, searching for any kind of lethal trap.
However, it seems all the traps are too well hidden for him to find them.

>> No. 10210 edit
File 135656702519.jpg - (19.23KB , 210x240 , char_34451.jpg )
10210
>>10208
"Kinjo what are you doing?"
>> No. 10211 edit
File 13082697241.png - (160.87KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua1.png )
10211
>>10210
"...Er, nothing too important. What do you want to do, Ozaki?"
>> No. 10212 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10212
>>10211
"Well that servant said she was going to bring you some food so I don't think we should wander too far. Although these guys are rich enough to have a mansion on a private island so my curiosity is telling me to check out the rest of the place.

You can stay here if you like."
>> No. 10213 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
10213
>>10212
"Sure. I'll stay and make sure the old lady brings the food here."
>> No. 10214 edit
File 130854776888.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_waraia1.png )
10214
>>10213
"Sounds good. See you then."

Before I leave I survey the room we were sleeping in. I then leave the room and enter the hallway; surveying that as well.
>> No. 10217 edit
File 136021394371.png - (457.96KB , 640x480 , g2f_p1b.png )
10217
A quick survey of the room reveals that there are two beds, two detectives, and some basic furniture in it.
Inspecting the furniture, Ozaki finds a notebook and a pen on a table, which probably no one would miss.

Leaving the room you find yourself on a hallway with another five rooms in it. You also see some stairs leading down.

>> No. 10218 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10218
>>10217
I head down the stairs and survey the bottom floor.
>> No. 10221 edit
File
Removed
Walking down, Ozaki gets into the first floor of the guesthouse.
Inspecting the place, he finds the doors to another six rooms and the entrance to the lobby room, where he finds what looks like the main entrance to the guesthouse.
Then, Ozaki tries looking into each room:

One looks like a normal room, with nothing special inside.
Another door leads to some kind of sunroom, but it doesn't seem like it gets used a lot.
The third room sends you to another normal room.
Behind the next door you find a small library, you might find something good to read there.
The following door leads you to the dining room, which has a large table and some other furniture.
And the last door is to the servants' room, where you find Kumasawa cooking something.

>> No. 10223 edit
File 136026530865.png - (10.09KB , 543x574 , map.png )
10223
>> No. 10227 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10227
>>10221
I search all the rooms for duct tape. I'll ask Kumasawa if I can't find any. After I then check the rest of the guesthouse on the second floor.
>> No. 10228 edit
File 131329350695.png - (86.84KB , 346x447 , kum_defa2.png )
10228
Some minutes pass, and Ozaki's search for tape is fruitless. Not having much luck by himself, he returns to the servants' room and asks Kumasawa for it.

"Tape? Sure, I think we have some here...
Oh, there it is. Why do you need it, Ozaki-san?"
>> No. 10229 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10229
>>10228
"I don't really know the reason myself but Kinjo asked me to grab some."
>> No. 10230 edit
File 131245332348.png - (85.16KB , 346x447 , kum_defa1.png )
10230
"Very well," Kumasawa gives Ozaki the tape.
"I'll just ask you to return it to the servants' room when you don't need it anymore."
>> No. 10231 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10231
>>10230
"Sure. No problem."

I check the status of the tape and then go upstairs to check the other rooms.
>> No. 10232 edit
File 136029935594.png - (368.28KB , 640x480 , g2f_p1a.png )
10232
Ozaki checks the tape Kumasawa lent to him. It seems to be in good shape, until he tries to use it on something.
Yeah, it doesn't work very well. Something taped with it won't last very long.

Ozaki returns to the second floor and he finds the rest of the rooms are locked. Do any of them contain a mortal trap or a bomb? You have no idea.

>> No. 10234 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
10234
>>10232
I run to Kinjo's room and throw the tape at him. I then go downstairs and leave the guesthouse via door. I grab an umbrella if there is one.
>> No. 10235 edit
File 130833580277.png - (143.89KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia2.png )
10235
>>10234
I catch the tape Ozaki throws at me. I'll hold onto it for now.
>> No. 10241 edit
File 136035024387.png - (343.63KB , 640x480 , g_o1br.png )
10241
You take an umbrella and leave the Guesthouse
>> No. 10260 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10260
>>10241
I start to walk, following any paths ways until I arrive at the mansion Krauss mentioned.
>> No. 10261 edit
File 136054154322.png - (459.39KB , 640x480 , rose_g1ar.png )
10261
Ozaki leaves the guesthouse and wanders around for a while. Not being used to the island, he gets a bit lost for a while. However, it doesn't take too long until the detective finds the way leading to the huge mansion.

On the other side, Kumasawa finally enters the room Kinjo has been waiting in for now.

>> No. 10262 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10262
>>10261
With nothing else to do I enter the mansion through the front door and survey the area.
>> No. 10263 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
10263
>>10261
"Oh, Kumasawa, you're back! What did you bring for me to eat?"
>> No. 10264 edit
File 136054241372.png - (567.30KB , 640x480 , mhal_1ar.png )
10264
[BGM: Sukashiyuri]
Ozaki enters the main building and gets into a luxurious hall. He finds a few interesting things there, as the portrait of a gaijin woman and stairs to a second floor.
>> No. 10265 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
10265
>>10264
Take a look at the portrait.
>> No. 10266 edit
File 131329350695.png - (86.84KB , 346x447 , kum_defa2.png )
10266
"It's my secret recipe stew. You'll have to eat it to see of what it's made of."
>> No. 10267 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
10267
>>10266
I eat thestew.
>> No. 10268 edit
File 13605440775.png - (341.55KB , 640x480 , mhal_2cr.png )
10268
Ozaki walks to the portrait on the hall and examines it. The painting resembles a beautiful foreign woman in a fancy dress with golden hair.
In addition, the detective sees some sort of stand with something written in it. It looks like some kind of riddle, one you actually kind of remember.

>> No. 10269 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10269
>>10268
I go a head and read the riddle.
>> No. 10270 edit
File 131245408274.png - (85.51KB , 346x447 , kum_waraia2.png )
10270
Kinjo starts eating Kumasawa's stew like some kind of hobo getting a hot meal for once. Maybe it was out of hunger, but the stew was surprisingly delicious.

"Tell me Kinjo-san, did you like my secret recipe?"
>> No. 10271 edit
File 136054460197.png - (322.31KB , 640x480 , portrait2.png )
10271
My beloved hometown, the sweetfish river running through it.
You who seek the Golden Land, follow its path downstream and seek the key.
If you follow the river downstream, you will find a village. In the village, look for the shore the two will tell you of. There sleeps the key to the Golden Land.
He who lays hand upon the key shall travel under the rules below.
At the first twilight, you shall lift up as sacrifice the six chosen by the key.
At the second twilight, those who remain shall tear apart the two who are close.
At the third twilight, those who remain shall praise my honorable name on high.
At the fourth twilight, gouge the head and kill.
At the fifth twilight, gouge the chest and kill.
At the sixth twilight, gouge the belly and kill.
At the seventh twilight, gouge the knee and kill.
At the eighth twilight, gouge the leg and kill.
At the ninth twilight, the witch shall be revived and none shall be left alive.
At the tenth twilight, the journey shall end and you should reach the village of gold.

The witch will praise the wise, and should bestow four treasures.
One shall be, all the gold from the Golden Land.
One shall be, the resurrection of the souls of all the dead.
One shall be, even the resurrection of the lost love.
One shall be, to put the witch to sleep for all time.

Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice.
>> No. 10272 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
10272
>>10271
"Well that's rather unpleasant. Enough of this. I wonder how many people are on this island."

I look around to see if there are any hallways leading from the main hall.
>> No. 10273 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
10273
>>10270
"Yeah, it was really good! It makes me wonder what your secret recipe really is!"
>> No. 10274 edit
>>10272
>> No. 10275 edit
File 132600444287.png - (78.76KB , 319x477 , gen_majimea1.png )
10275
Wandering around the hall, Ozaki finds Genji, who looks surprised to find him there.
"Ozaki-san, I was looking for you. Krauss asked me to invite you and Kinjo-san to the parlor with the rest."
>> No. 10276 edit
File 131245332348.png - (85.16KB , 346x447 , kum_defa1.png )
10276
>>10273
"Dohoho, I can't tell you, silly. It wouldn't be secret anymore if I told you.
Well, if you have finished eating we should go to the main building so you can meet the rest of the family."
>> No. 10278 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10278
>>10275
"Ah Genji... The parlor? I see. Kinjo was busy eating so I decided to let him be. I'm sure he can find his way if you tell him to come over."
>> No. 10279 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
10279
>>10276
"Alright, let's-a-go!"
>> No. 10280 edit
File 136055826868.png - (311.36KB , 640x480 , ohlookthecanadianisalive.png )
10280
Ozaki decides to accept the invitation and follows Genji to the mansion's parlor.
Once inside, he finds a lot of people. Besides him, there are another 9 persons.
Krauss is the first one to welcome you, shortly followed by a middle aged woman.

"Oh, that was pretty fast. Welcome to the Ushiromiya mansion."

"Welcome, Ozaki-kun. I'm Ushiromiya Eva, Krauss nii-san's eldest sister.
Are you sure you should be out of bed?~"
>> No. 10281 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10281
>>10280
"It's nice you meet you all. My name is Ozaki Toshio. I'm sure Krauss has explained the situation but even so I wish you tell you we are grateful for all you have done. That being said my companion had to rest a while longer, however he should be here shortly."

I look at the rest of the people in the room as I say this.
>> No. 10282 edit
File 136056598161.png - (567.70KB , 640x480 , jessicalovesdemrosegarden.png )
10282
[BGM: Voiceless]
Kinjo accepts the invitation, and leaves off to the main building.
It's already raining outside, but it's not a problem with an umbrella.
The travel goes kind of quietly, as you try to stay out of the rain as soon as possible. However, before reaching the mansion, Kinjo notices a girl staring into the rose garden.

>> No. 10283 edit
Hmmmm...
>> No. 10284 edit
File 131174162179.png - (12.93KB , 700x700 , kan_majimea4.png )
10284
>>10283
Very well, changed it already.
>> No. 10285 edit
>>10284
I was more commenting on the "older sister" part, but I'm guessing that's intentional.
>> No. 10286 edit
File 136057533789.png - (72.30KB , 300x239 , kan_odorokia47.png )
10286
>>10285
No wait, that's a terrible mistranslation. Eva is not older than Krauss, but she is the oldest of his sisters.
I should have used eldest instead of oldest, welp.
>> No. 10288 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
10288
>>10282
"Hey, don't you think you should come inside? It's raining, and dinner's about to start..."
>> No. 10295 edit
File 131305876584.png - (124.82KB , 371x463 , jes_komarua3.png )
10295
Some seconds pass before Jessica realizes someone is talking to her. Then she gives Kinjo a distracted look, and asks.
"...Who are you?"
>> No. 10296 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
10296
>>10295
"Kinjo Goldbar... I'm an uninvited guest. Who might you be?"
>> No. 10303 edit
File 136074161194.png - (106.18KB , 356x471 , geo_majimea2.png )
10303
"...An uninvited guest?..."
Jessica attempts to finish her sentence, but then someone else appears behind her.
"I heard Genji-san saying he found two unconscious men on the shore. Are you feeling better now?"
>> No. 10335 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
10335
>>10303
"Yeah. The servants took good care of us. I wasn't sure if we'd survive, but thankfully... Anyway, it's nice to meet you as well."
>> No. 10342 edit
File 136087508260.png - (405.33KB , 640x480 , heyguyscousinloveisforbiddenok.png )
10342
George nods in approval to Kinjo's words, but the tension in the air stops him from replying.
Kinjo's insight roll is high enough to sense some sort of discomfort in George's expression, maybe as in guilt.
After a long pause, Jessica returns to herself, and gives a weak look to George.

"It's cold here. Let's return to the mansion."
>> No. 10347 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
10347
>>10342
"Right."

I go with them to the mansion.
>> No. 10350 edit
File 136093111025.png - (108.79KB , 356x471 , geo_komarua2.png )
10350
As you seek refuge in the mansion, the guy in the yellowish suit who you clearly didn't know before finally introduces himself.
"Sorry for my earlier abrupt introduction. My name is Ushiromiya George.
Tell me, Kinjo-san, are the other two guests uninjured as well?"
>> No. 10362 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
10362
>>10350
"...Two other guests? I thought only Ozaki and I arrived here. Who else is there?"
>> No. 10363 edit
File 13610008619.png - (105.31KB , 356x471 , geo_majimea1k.png )
10363
"I don't know. I only heard Kumasawa saying they found a girl as well."
>> No. 10364 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
10364
>>10363
"I see... I don't know about her, but Ozaki is doing fine. Kumasawa, will this third guest be coming to dinner as well?"
>> No. 10365 edit
File 131321711047.png - (85.43KB , 346x447 , kum_komarua1.png )
10365
After hearing your question, Kumasawa turns to answer you.
"I don't know. That girl's injuries didn't look as mild as yours. Doctor Nanjo is still checking over her."
>> No. 10373 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
10373
>>10365
"...I see."
>> No. 10378 edit
File 136106606286.png - (512.89KB , 640x480 , m1f_s1br.png )
10378
[BGM: In the sun]
Ozaki gives a look around the room, and gets introduced to every person in it.
Along with Krauss, you meet a woman called Natsuhi.
Reading stories on a couch, you find Rosa and her daughter Maria, who seems very excited about the book that they are reading.
Having a drink on another table, you talk with Rudolf and Kyrie.
And finally, you meet Eva and Hideyoshi, who seem to be a little tired.

The mood in the room feels quite cheery, as you would expect from a family that only gets to meet from time to time. After that, Ozaki spends some minutes talking with the family until someone opens the door. Kumasawa, Kinjo and two other people enter the room. Natsuhi seems to be concerned about one of them.

"Jessica, I was getting a little worried. Are you feeling sick?" However, the girl doesn't answer, and she keeps her head down.
>> No. 10380 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10380
>>10378
Since this has nothing to do with a random stranger who washed up in the island the normal reaction would be not to butt in. So I'll just listen to every word they say instead.
>> No. 10381 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
10381
>>10380
"Hey, Ozaki! You missed out on Kumasawa's food!"

I look around the room and introduce myself to everyone else as Kinjo Goldbar.
>> No. 10384 edit
File 136106936993.png - (346.98KB , 640x480 , ishouldseriouslyoutsortsomechinesetomakethese.png )
10384
Kinjo meets up with Ozaki, and then proceeds to present himself with the rest of the family.
Jessica seems to be a little tired, but she ends up finding rest with her family. George also meets with his family, but then decides to join Maria with her reading.

After a while, more people get interested in Maria's book, as it seems to be filled with games and riddles. Maybe the only ones who seem to still be a little worried are Kyrie and Rudolf.


"That brat sure is late, what the hell could be he doing out there?"
"I wonder, maybe something else got his attention?"
>> No. 10386 edit
File 132704166775.jpg - (22.09KB , 562x400 , dr_ozaki laugh.jpg )
10386
>>10385
During my conversations with Kyrie and Rudolf I learned of their son since naturally the topic would come up at a family gathering.

"Are you talking about your son? Maybe he caught a glimpse of that other guest and fell head over heels for her? "
>> No. 10388 edit
File 132609315668.png - (74.08KB , 321x480 , rud_waraia1.png )
10388
"Oh, the other girl? I don't think she has waken up yet, but I wouldn't pass it over my son!"
>> No. 10389 edit
File 134033633160.png - (162.42KB , 434x480 , wdk_odorokia1a.png )
10389
>>10388
"Geez, there's still people I haven't met? Is this everyone, or are there more?!"
>> No. 10391 edit
File 133075625891.png - (93.35KB , 285x470 , kir_waraia2.png )
10391
"He's a damn arrogant brat. He was supposed to be a special guest this year."

Kyrie giggles at Rudolf's remark, and then adds.
"Special guest? Well, I noticed someone was very happy to see Battler-kun again."
>> No. 10406 edit
File 13611497544.png - (426.37KB , 640x480 , uu-uumothafuckers.png )
10406
Rudolf doesn't seem to get Kyrie's words, but in the end he decides to forget about his son and drink some more.
Meanwhile, the rest of the family seems immersed in Maria's book.

"Uu-uu! This one is very hard! It took Maria a long time to solve it!"
Eva, who is also playing with her, pretends to give a hard thought to the puzzle, and then gives Maria the correct answer.
The rest of the family laughs, and Maria continues uu-uuing for a while.

>> No. 10407 edit
File 136115015220.png - (119.70KB , 352x480 , but_aserua1.png )
10407
Kinjo and Ozaki stay with everyone in the room, but somehow they don't talk too much with anyone, probably because of still feeling a bit tired from their unorthodox trip to the island.

About twenty minutes pass without any major event, until someone else gets into the room.


"Hey, were you waiting for me?"
"You're late Battler-kun, it's almost time for dinner." Eva complains.
"Hihi sorry~ I was kinda busy with something."
>> No. 10408 edit
File 134936251946.png - (79.24KB , 342x480 , goh_defa1.png )
10408
Now with all the cousins together, the family continues with its normal shenanigans. It finally becomes 6 PM and a male servant who presents himself as Gohda appears at the door asking you to come to the dining room. Everyone seems pleased with the announcement, and follows the servant.
Once there, Genji and Kumasawa help Gohda with serving the food, while he happily explains the contents and the exact method of preparation of the meal.

>> No. 10409 edit
File 136115244044.png - (286.78KB , 640x480 , idontrememberseeingthosetwoevertalkingtogether=the.png )
10409
Once everything has been served, the family starts eating dinner and you decide to do the same, even Kinjo, forgetting about the stew from before.

"Oh Krauss-san, you gotta share Gohda-san's talent with me one of these days! It would be so much easier to make my clients sign a risky contract if I offer them a banquet like this!"
"I think nii-san has done a good job taking care of the mansion. Everything has been perfect so far. Do you think Father will feel better later, Nanjo-san?"
>> No. 10410 edit
File 130862906296.png - (106.79KB , 439x480 , kla_komarua4.png )
10410
"That's something I would like us to talk about later." Krauss rushes to answer, looking rather nervous.
"Is Father's condition that bad?" Eva questions
"I would prefer we talk about that once diner is over. We don't have to worry the kids or our guests about this matter."
>> No. 10411 edit
File 131795521113.png - (144.12KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia1.png )
10411
>>10410
"Your father isn't feeling well? Did he get involved in a shipwreck too or something?!"
>> No. 10412 edit
File 132107623668.png - (74.07KB , 321x480 , rud_akuwaraia1.png )
10412
Not everyone seems to enjoy Kinjo's humor, but Rudolf does and he gives him a smirk.
"Father's condition hasn't been good since some years ago, but I don't think a simple shipwreck would be enough to finish him off!"
>> No. 10413 edit
File 13588144173.jpg - (43.87KB , 269x263 , 236244.jpg )
10413
"Ah, don't worry about us. I'm sure the grand kids would like to hear about their grandfather's condition. I don't know about the youngest but the others have the right to know don't you think?"
>> No. 10414 edit
File 133481630915.png - (119.37KB , 343x480 , eva_akirea1.png )
10414
Krauss gets startled by Ozaki's comment, and starts getting notably nervous.
"Are you feeling alright? If this is such a serious matter I think we can discuss it after dinner is over."
>> No. 10415 edit
File 136117192460.png - (414.67KB , 640x480 , kraussisafagetwaitwhat.png )
10415
"No, I think he's right." says Krauss, asking the servants to leave the dining room. Then, he gives Natsuhi a nervous look, which seems to comfort him, and removes a bit of the burden from his shoulders.
Once the servants are gone, Krauss stands up and announces.

"I regret having to say this, but our Father, Ushiromiya Kinzo, died two weeks ago."
>> No. 10444 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
10444
>>10415
"...From a shipwreck?"

Instead of getting myself kicked out again I'll continue to eat dinner and watch the family's reactions.
>> No. 10468 edit
File 133084214490.png - (104.74KB , 439x480 , kla_majimea1.png )
10468
Eva, who was wearing a sly smile on her face just a few seconds ago, suddenly breaks into tears. Natsuhi, who definitely looks as if she was having a hard time keeping up with the act, starts crying as well. The rest of the family looks either sad or astonished, and it seems not even Jessica knew about this yet.
“I’m terribly sorry, it might have been better to immediately inform you when this happened, but I decided it would be better to wait until the family conference. During this time, I made sure to check Father’s assets and other belongings. Father left no will before his parting, so it will be up to us to decide how we will proceed now.”
>> No. 10476 edit
File 136152877942.png - (301.05KB , 640x480 , nocatchyfilenamebecausesadscene.png )
10476
"That's unfair Father, we have come from this far to see you again, and you decide to give up a few days before our arrival?..." Rudolf mutters.

"How could this happen, Nanjo-sensei!? Wasn't Father feeling better the last year?"

"I'm very sorry, but Kinzo-sama's death was shocking for all of us. His old heart couldn't keep with his spirit anymore, and he finally went to rest."
>> No. 10501 edit
File 13496340012.png - (70.88KB , 360x454 , nan_fumua1.png )
10501
After listening to Nanjo’s confirmation, the dining room quickly become a funeral home.
Kinjo and Ozaki feel a bit out of the conversation, as they never meet Ushiromiya Kinzo, so they stay relatively silent for a while. Seeing, this, Nanjo approaches to them.

“This is probably rather uncomfortable, but even a strict man like Ushiromiya Kinzo was liked by his siblings.
However this is probably no place for outsiders like us, would you like to accompany me to the living room?”
>> No. 10502 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
10502
>>10501
"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing."

I follow Nanjo.
>> No. 10503 edit
File 136176303999.png - (381.15KB , 640x480 , m_door2.png )
10503
Nanjo and Kinjo silently walk toward the exit, however, as they prepare to leave someone else gets in...
>> No. 10504 edit
File 133809638930.png - (178.37KB , 406x472 , eri_akuwaraia4.png )
10504
[BGM: The great detective knows]
A short girl with blueish hair gets into the dining room, with a smile painted on her face, she seems to be very amused about something.
"Good afternoon, everyone. Please allow me to thank you for your hospitality, I'm feeling much better now.
Krauss-san, the guesthouse is beautiful, you have done a great work with it. Gohda-san, the dinner looks magnificent, I'll be sure to have a bite of it later.
Jessica, you have a delightful fashion sense, but please, could you introduce me to person in charge of the rose garden? I must talk with them."
>> No. 10505 edit
File 133809731647.png - (177.29KB , 394x475 , eri_akuwaraia3.png )
10505
After her "short" introduction, the blue haired girl gives a glance to the rest of the people in the room, getting apparently quite interested in the other two guests.
"Huh? This is quite unusual, tell me, did I miss something?"
>> No. 10506 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
10506
>>10504
"Hi, are you the girl who also had a shipwreck? I'm Kinjo Goldbar, nice to meet you."
>> No. 10508 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10508
>>10505
I remain silent for now.
>> No. 10509 edit
File 136176616823.png - (390.48KB , 640x480 , whyyousomadbro.png )
10509
"Other guests?... Shipwreck?..." Erika hesitates a bit to answer. "... Could it be than that bastard make a fool of me?
Whatever, my name's Furudo Erika, I'm the detective of this story. It's a pleasure to meet you.
Making a pause, Erika continues.
Krauss-san, I'm deeply sorry about the death of your Father, but you are wrong with something. Your Father did leave a will for all of you."

Not able to listen to the annoying guests words anymore, Jessica reclaims.
"Who are you and what are you doing here!? Don't talk to my father like that!"

"Jessica, calm down." Krauss intervenes "I'm not sure if this is a good time to talk about something like that."
>> No. 10510 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10510
>>10509
I decide to stop being silent after hearing that.

"Are you talking about that inscription in the main hallway in front of the portrait? It gave off that sort of feeling when I read it."
>> No. 10511 edit
File 136176673819.png - (177.02KB , 402x475 , eri_waraia4.png )
10511
"Naturally. I read it when I was looking for you, and I think I have a decent lead about it already.
It seems like the storm will stay around a while, so don't you think it would be proper to spend the night trying to solve it?"
>> No. 10512 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
10512
>>10511
"Sounds entertaining... why not?"

I take up her offer and join her in solving the epitaph.

"Hey Kinjo what do you feel like doing?"
>> No. 10513 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
10513
>>10512
"Sorry, but I'm not very good at solving things. I'll stay here and make sure things don't get out of hand."
>> No. 10514 edit
File 131250745572.png - (72.96KB , 321x480 , rud_komarua1.png )
10514
Regardless of the feelings of the family, the guests (except Kinjo) join to argue about the epitaph, however, it seems like only a few of them are concerned with it. In the end, Krauss, Rosa, Eva and Kyrie join discussion, the rest, however, seem to feel a bit uncomfortable about it.
"Don't get me wrong" Rosa says, looking at Rudolf. "I'm interested in seeing what Father wanted show to us. I don't think there's any hidden gold."
"Yeah, don't worry. I'm just a little tired."
Looking for a place to rest, the thinking party decides to return to the lobby.
>> No. 10515 edit
As the group walk to the parlor, they can see a faint scent coming out of one of the rooms. It seems to be smoke. Somehow, seeing this make Ozaki feel very anxious, as if it remind him of a certain event from the past, you feel as if there was something fishy in the air...
>> No. 10517 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
10517
>>10515
"Hey, did someone leave the stove on? I think something is burning"

I draw everyone's attention to the smell.
>> No. 10518 edit
File 131415699846.png - (82.57KB , 320x469 , ros_aserua1.png )
10518
"There's smoke coming from the parlor! Someone, open that door!"
>> No. 10519 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
10519
>>10518
Making sure everyone is still together as I go to open the door. I first check with the back of my hand if it is hot, then I try to open the door if it isn't.
If it is hot then I'll use my sleeve or have someone else help to open the door.

>> No. 10520 edit
File
Removed

[BGM: you probably know]
Once you open the door, you see a woman smoking whom you are sure you have seen before. With the face of a foreigner, and golden hair, you recognize this woman as Beatrice.
“Great, now you are here. Welcome to the Ushiromiya mansion. Genji, get some drinks ready for our guests.”
>> No. 10521 edit
File 135656702519.jpg - (19.23KB , 210x240 , char_34451.jpg )
10521
>>10520
For the second time I confirm the people in my group.

"Oh my bad it was just someone smoking... Sorry for the disturbance my head must still be a bit foggy. I am Ozaki Toshio. What is your name?"
>> No. 10522 edit
File 134170422282.png - (122.74KB , 426x480 , bea_futekia2.png )
10522
A quick glance reveals that Erika, Krauss, Rosa, Eva and Kyrie are with you. Rosa and Kyrie seem to be rather perplexed.
"Are you really... Beatrice?"
"Is this your idea of a joke, Krauss-san?" Kyrie questions
"I have nothing to do with this!"

On the other side of the room, our witch enjoys seeing the family fight.

"They call me Beatrice, the golden" replies the woman, with a smirk.
"Krauss-san, you sure have had it easy lately, haven't you? Well, I have come to take what it's mine."
>> No. 13495 edit
File 131231738840.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
13495
I'll take a flight tomorrow to spend Christmas with some relatives out of the city, so I won't have a lot of time per see, but if you guys are really interested even in just a few posts I'll bring the bgs and the sprites with me. I just have to remember what was going to happen after this.
>> No. 13496 edit
File 13880181272.png - (366.59KB , 640x480 , yobitchimtakingyourfunaway.png )
13496
Before Krauss has a chance to react, Erika forces her way into the room and points at the witch, throwing her a fiery glance.
“What do you think you are doing, introducing yourself so early into the game!?”

“Another guest? How fascinating! This evening might become an intellectual night after all!”
>> No. 13497 edit
File 134053998115.png - (118.07KB , 352x480 , but_komarua3.png )
13497
Meanwhile, those still in the dining room hear Rosa scream.
“What was that?”
“I think it was Rosa-san. Let’s see what’s going on!” Battler says, as he gives Kinjo a quick look before leaving the room.

Last edited at 13/12/26(Thu)23:33:32
>> No. 13498 edit
File 136397417211.jpg - (61.21KB , 508x590 , 259653.jpg )
13498
"Sorry to interupt but what do you mean by 'take what is yours'?"
>> No. 13499 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
13499
>>13497
"Yeah, let's go take a look."

I go to the parlor with the others.
>> No. 13500 edit
File 138802097437.png - (293.17KB , 640x480 , ignorantscum.png )
13500
Notoriously interested, the witch glances at Ozaki and prepares to answer, however Krauss furiously interrupts her. “You! What do you mean by that!? The Ushiromiya family has no more ties with any witch! Our father just passed away!”

“I’m well aware of Kinzo-san’s condition, but aren’t you overlooking something?” The witch replies with a stern look, suddenly changing her tone. “Two years ago, he set that riddle with the intention of being understood by his children.” Saying this, Beatrice shows a golden ring placed in her right hand.
“And now, as the family head, it’s within my authority to reclaim everything on this island. You have until the storm is over to leave this place. Until then, stay out of the Guesthouse, I’ll keep it for myself.”
>> No. 13501 edit
File 138809372226.png - (357.18KB , 640x480 , makingthoseimagenamesistiring.png )
13501
“Isn’t that... father’s ring?” Rosa mutters.
“It is. So the epitaph was really solved... and by her, out of all people.” Kyrie thinks aloud.
“You little-! You stole all of my glory!”

“A few gold bars should settle this. In any case, people like you only care about the money-”
“So it was really you!”
Suddenly, Beatrice gets stopped by Battler intruding the room. He looks rather agitated from running there.
“Didn’t I ask you not to do something crazy!?”

Last edited at 13/12/26(Thu)13:36:52
>> No. 13502 edit
File 138809411770.png - (381.68KB , 640x480 , kthxbye.png )
13502
“Ugh... !” In a very different tone, Beatrice struggles to answer the young man. However, attempting to regain her composure, she ignores his question and continues.
“Hmmpt, your arrogance has ruined the mood. We’ll discuss this tomorrow. As for now, don’t get close to the Guesthouse.” Saying this, the witch hurries to get out the room, leaving everyone surprised, even the butler who was still wondering if he should prepare any drinks at all.

“Hey Yasuda! Where are you going?!... Oh man, don’t take very seriously anything she says.
Stop right there!” shouts Battler, just before running behind Beatrice.
“...Yasuda? Didn’t we have a servant with that name some years ago?” Krauss mutters.
“Isn’t it obvious? She’s Shannon. I saw her talking with Battler before, but I really didn’t expect this...”

Last edited at 13/12/26(Thu)13:41:57
>> No. 13503 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
13503
>>13502
"A servant named Yasuda? ...I'm so confused by what just happened. Anyone mind explaining what that was all about?"
>> No. 13504 edit
File 137739341159.png - (392.84KB , 515x632 , ozaki_60.png )
13504
>>13503
"Well from the sound of it this 'Yasuda' and or Battler solved the epitaph and they found the gold talked about in the epitaph which they believe said gold hands the ownership of island over to them.

This all sounds straight out of a novel though... Especially the part about bars of gold."
>> No. 13505 edit
File 138809473719.png - (308.48KB , 640x480 , calmdownyoumurderer.png )
13505
"Did she also mention something about the family? Was maybe that servant also related to Father?
Tell me Genji, do you know something about it?"

Unable to escape from Kyrie's questioning, the servant remains silent for a few seconds and then replies in a dry tone.

"I'm not allowed to talk about that matter, but I'm certain the Master left this world without any regret once he saw Milady was able to succeed him."
>> No. 13506 edit
File 135569444662.png - (147.15KB , 300x450 , 394708-shiki3_large.png )
13506
>>13505
"So by that logic then this was somewhat of Kinzo's will?
Well, anyway I don't really want to pry into your family matters that much, but I have to ask what the deal is with the guesthouse now; seeing how I believe that is where Kinjo and I were to sleep. She didn't want us to go there but from what Battler said that may have been just her idea. Would it be fine just to ignore her in those regards then?"
>> No. 13507 edit
File 138810251081.png - (354.89KB , 640x480 , iwillrapeyouinyourdreams.png )
13507
Addressing your concern, Genji speaks up.
“Regardless of what my master just said, she also asked me to invite the unexpected guests to stay in the Guesthouse.”

“I’ll be obliged, then” the detective says. “That way I’ll be able to see by myself which kind of twisted plan she got in her hands.”
>> No. 13508 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13508
>>13507
"Alright, thanks."

I take a look in the parlor and confirm which people are currently in the room.
>> No. 13509 edit
Upon a short inspection, you find Kinjo, Erika, Kyrie, Genji, Rosa, Krauss and Eva. Everyone seem to be a little perplexed, especially Eva who hasn't said a thing since you saw Beatrice.

Last edited at 13/12/27(Fri)17:03:55
>> No. 13510 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13510
>>13509
Seeing how we left a bunch of people in the dining room I head back there and see if they are still there.
>> No. 13511 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
13511
>>13509
"Hey Eva, you seem kinda quiet. Is something the matter?"
>> No. 13512 edit
File 138820174691.png - (330.93KB , 640x480 , somethingfunnygoeshere.png )
13512
Ozaki walks back to the dinning room, and he finds Jessica standing alone in the Hallway.

Meanwhile, Eva mutters an answer to Kinjo.

"Well, I'm just a little affected by Father's dead. I'm sure my son also wanted to have his blessing... he must be so confused right now."

Last edited at 13/12/27(Fri)19:40:28
>> No. 18101 edit
File 132704716760.png - (56.61KB , 336x138 , kan_eye1.png )
18101
Attention, gameboardians!

This game is going to restart by September 13th. Yes, I'm not lying.

Well, perhaps by restart it means its only going to do its best to continue, but I will do my best to post and allow the players to continue where they left.

Therefore, it is strongly suggested that the players check the thread again and try to remember what was going on until the point where we stopped!
>> No. 18136 edit
Next thread:
>>18133
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason