[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 136484396437.png - (576.62KB , 640x480 , different_space_2d.png )
11426 No. 11426 edit
I welcome you to this unique gameboard.

While working on my next big game I have decided to try out a style of game play I have had in my head for a while now. For this game you will be asked to escape a logic error.
Instead of using blue truth to solve this mystery you must investigate the room yourself and escape. The setting has been made so that anybody can play, although you will only be able to control the single piece trapped in the room.
Use green to control the piece and attempt to escape. I will use red to remind the piece of the theories it had already denied.

Now then let us begin with a little recap.

---
Expand all images
>> No. 11427 edit
File 136484420213.png - (385.98KB , 640x480 , different_space_1c.png )
11427
The door was removed from its hinges and put back into place before I had arrived!

The door was never removed from its hinges during this game.

Two figures engaged in debate were standing opposite each other inside this elaborate tearoom. If you were able to view such a spectacle, then not much needs to be explained. Although most of these games become rather gruesome, this one is but a friendly match between rivals. However, that friendliness alone cannot prevent a game from soiling.

The body was dissolved with acid and it all drained down the bathtub!” she shouted triumphantly as the blue formed in front of her and fired off at the other.

His body was not dissolved with acid.” He said half yawning. “Come on now, you investigated the room right? I never put any hints for acid.”
The man holding the red sword fell back into his chair and let out a sigh.

“W-what? It’s your fault for making a bad mystery.” She squeaked out childishly.

“And who was it who asked for a more challenging mystery? This game has a realistic solution. We've been at this for hours now, how about you sleep on it?”

“No let’s continue. I am close. I can feel it!”

Sighing once again the man stands back up from his seat and summons his sword.
“Alright then how about we compromise? We will only play for ten more minutes tonight. During that time I’ll allow you to think in order to prepare one last theory.”

“Ten minutes? That isn't fair I wan-“

“If you are able to solve it with that last blue you will gain another privilege upon beating me. For one whole day I’ll do whatever you say. However! If you do take this offer and lose the same will go for you, and for a while day you’ll be my personal maid.” Explained the man as a smirk appeared on his face.

“Gah!” the girl exclaimed.

Heh. That’s right. With this there is no way we can continue. She won’t want to risk it so waiting for tomorrow is the answer she will choose.

“…”

“…?”

“Alright then you are on!” she yelled with starry eyes.

…Shit I didn't think she would actually agree. Even worse, she looks even more pumped up now. Maybe this was a bad idea…
The man backed away, “Alright then I’m going to take a leak. When I get back have the theory ready.” So the man left leaving the over excited girl to her thoughts.

---
>> No. 11428 edit
File 136484443341.png - (455.38KB , 640x480 , different_space_1a.png )
11428
Shortly after the ten minute mark had passed, the man returned to the room. As he sat down, one could clearly see he was feeling uneasy from the eerie smile the girl now was wearing.

“Let us hear it then. What is your theory?” he asked.

“Before I tell you my theory I want to confirm a few things. Repeat the following in red:

There are only five master keys.
The said master keys only belong to the five servants on the island.
Those servants are Kanon, Shannon, Genji, Kumasawa, and Gohda.
None of these people gave their keys to someone else during the course of this game.”

The man sighed yet again. “I have already confirmed most of those you know? Oh well.

There are only five master keys.
The said master keys only belong to the five servants on the island
Those servants are Kanon, Shannon, Genji, Kumasawa, and Gohda.
None of these people gave their keys to someone else during the course of this game.


Once that was spoken in the color of truth, the girl had started to laugh. It wasn't anything malicious or sinister, but at the same time the man felt he was in some serious trouble at that time.

Once the girl stopped she spoke, “Alright then… here is my theory: LOGIC ERROR!”

The man stood there in shock… and slowly… he too started to laugh. But this laugh was clearly different from hers, for he honestly found the situation funny.

“Pftahahahaha! Logic error? That was your final move? I can’t believe you blew it on that. Looks like I got myself a slave for tomorrow. Ahahaha!” he stated. “Well we might as well make this official.” The man then snapped his fingers and a butler appeared beside him.

“She is calling a logic error. You know what to do” he spoke to the butler. The butler simply nodded and took a look at the man’s side of the board. From thin air he produced a pen and paper which he then used to write down the record of the side. He then went to the other side and did the same. After taking a considerably longer amount of time on her side he moved to the middle of the room ready to make his announcement.

“After reviewing both parties I have come to the conclusion that the detective’s claim is correct and I hereby declare this game to be in a state of logic error.”

“Yay! That means I win right?” called the girl as she jumped with joy.

The man sat there like a deer in the headlights. “What!? There is a logic error? Where!?” he yelled as he jumped from chair and snatched the record from the butler.

-XXXXXX of the Golden Witch –

-The victims of the first twilight were Krauss, Rosa, George, Rudolf, Battler, and Kanon.
-They were found in the mansion which had been sealed and also locked the night before.
-She had to pick the first lock, however each room they were found in afterward had a key leading to the next.
-After the detective relocked all the rooms from the outside, she remembered she had forgotten to check if they were faking their deaths. So she went back and checked one by one.
-Along with checking Kanon’s corpse she destroyed his master key.
-When she returned to Battler’s room, the body was gone.
-When the detective discovered the first twilight all the other NPCs were locked away in different rooms of the guesthouse. There were three groups in total.
-Kinzo, Nanjo, and Genji were talking in the book archives.
-Natsuhi, Eva, Kyrie, and Hideyoshi were in the lobby.
-Kumasawa, Jessica, Shannon, Maria, and Gohda were in the servant room.

His heart sank. “This isn’t right” he thought. There was clearly something on that list which he had taken precaution to avoid. Something extremely simple that only an idiot could mess it up.

“Alright, I’m going to sleep now. Get ready for tomorrow!” The girl mockingly said as she walked away.

“Wait a second! What is this here? ‘Destroyed Kanon’s key’? Why didn’t I know about this? I am the Game Master, right?”

“What are you talking about?” The girl said with a smile on her face. “You obviously didn’t pay enough attention during your own game, and now you are paying the price!”

“Don’t pull that on me. This is some board game, Monopoly-type bullshit.”

The girl laughed again, “Well this is a gameboard isn’t it? What did you expect?” She then disappeared in an attempt to escape, clearly worried that he caught on. However instead of chasing the man stayed put.

“Oh? Is that how it is? Well then, I’ll play this game if you want me to. That’s right; I’ll show you the most ridiculous answer, one that will leave you flabbergasted from its shear logic. I’ll use this cheap trick you pulled and turn it back on you. You will never want to oppose me again after I am through with you!”

The butler walks up to the man, “Master, it is time.”

“Thank you. I’m on my way.”

That’s right, I may be trapped now, but that only means I have all the time in the world to think of your punishment.

---
>> No. 11429 edit
File 136484451979.png - (377.21KB , 640x480 , different_space_p1b.png )
11429
I open my eyes. From them I see a ceiling in front of me. I must be lying down. As I lay there I hear the door get locked, followed by footsteps. The footsteps continue down what must be a hallway outside of this room until I can no longer hear them.

As I pick myself up I can get a better grasp of my surroundings. There are 4 wooden doors, 2 on the north and east side of this rectangular room. The ones on the north side was where I had heard the footsteps, so they must both lead to the hallway, however I am unsure of the others.

I look around from where I am standing in the middle of the room. I am standing on a large rug which spans most of the empty areas of the floor. There are a few paintings on the west side of the wall. I continue to look around and after my short survey I also determine there are a many areas in this room. Among those are a bed, beside table, desk, dresser, wardrobe, a vent, and a bookshelf.

I wonder where I should start?
>> No. 11432 edit
File 136338668537.png - (252.93KB , 384x480 , leo_1.png )
11432
I(? Should i do this third person or first person style ? For now I'll go with the first person. )
inspect the bed, under the bed, check the bedside table, the desk, drawer, wardrobe, take a look at the vent and inspect carefully the bookshelf
>> No. 11433 edit
File 136491257599.png - (344.85KB , 640x480 , m1f_p1c.png )
11433
>>11432
(either is fine really)

BED
-The bed looks unkempt and the blankets are dropping onto the floor, half exposing the sheets to the stagnant air in the room. There are two pillows at the top of the bed. Besides dust you fail to find anything under the bed.

BEDSIDE TABLE
-The bedside table has a cup of liquid, presumably water sitting beside a bottle of medicine. Judging from the label it looks like common cold medicine. Beside both of those there is also a phone. Upon lifting the receiver to your ear you can hear the tone. It seems to be in working condition.

DESK
-The large desk seems to have been kept tidy, or perhaps it just wasn't used often. On top of the desk is a lamp which is currently on. It is the type which is attached to the desk and you flip on via switch. There is an assortment of pens and pencils placed in a cup beside the lamp. The desk contains two drawers. There seems to be the remains of a letter beside the desk on the ground. All that is left of it is an envelope which seemed to have been golden trimmed and had a wax seal.

DRESSER
-The dresser is simple, having only four drawers and nothing on top of it. Inside each drawer are what you would expect; clothing. Everything seems rather generic and not worth explaining in detail.

WARDROBE
-The large wardrobe is made out of solid wood and is carved to perfection. Upon opening it you find a few leather jackets, overcoats, a dozen dress shirts, and dress pants to go with them. At the bottom you find a small variety of dress shoes along with some shoe polish.

VENT
-The simple vent is close to the window in the corner of the room on the floor. It is about a quarter of a meter long and less than half of that thick. It is screwed down and you fail to open it.

BOOKSHELF
-The bookshelf is a simple one with a glass covering. There is a small variety of books, most of them research material, but there are a few novels as well. Besides the books you can't find anything else worth noting.
>> No. 11435 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
11435
>>11433
I don't see why I can't just leave.

I walk through one of the doors leading into the hallway, closing it behind me.
>> No. 11436 edit
File 136503939229.png - (567.40KB , 640x480 , m1f_p1b.png )
11436
>>11435
You turn the dead bolt to unlock the door and then leave the room. You take note of the chain lock on the door which is currently not set.

The hallway doesn't look anything special. You see more doors presumably leading to other rooms.

Once in the hall you feel a large weight fall onto your shoulders. Some sort of metal collar is attached around your neck. The chain to it leads back into the room... On the wall you see blood red words appear.

When the detective went back to the room to check on the bodies the chain had been set.
>> No. 11437 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
11437
>>11436
As expected.

I go back into the room and grab wire hanger, which I'll bend and use to set the chain from the outside.
>> No. 11438 edit
File 136503989051.png - (469.28KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
11438
>>11437
Upon entering the room the collar disappears.

You grab a wire hanger and attempt to lock the chain from the outside. To your dismay no matter how hard you try the coat hanger doesn't seem to work.

It is impossible to set the chain from outside of the room using a coat hanger.
>> No. 11441 edit
File 136504773653.png - (5.49KB , 192x163 , test.png )
11441
Hm.
>I rush towards the leftmost of the doors North of me and try catching a glimpse of the person who's footsteps I heard. I then try calling out for someone.
>I examine the paintings on the west wall. I examine the rug thoroughly. I examine the walls to check for anything unusual about them. I look up to confirm that a roof exists.
>> No. 11443 edit
File 136491257599.png - (344.85KB , 640x480 , m1f_p1c.png )
11443
>>11441
The person is long gone. Right before you call out your throat constricts and red appears before your eyes. The detective did not hear anybody talk while investigating the first twilight.

You take a look at the paintings. They are both portraits of landscapes. Nothing really stands out.
You don't find anything much of interest on the large red rug. There is nothing particular under it either.

The walls appear to be normal, and there is in fact a ceiling.
>> No. 11445 edit
File 136506570971.jpg - (6.97KB , 261x193 , edgey both hands.jpg )
11445
(I don't know how to use green properly)
>I take one of the pens from the desk and unscrew the screws on the vents
>I take one of the coat hangers from the wardrobe and unscrew the screws on the vents.
>> No. 11451 edit
File 136508615424.png - (547.18KB , 640x480 , mvip_1e.png )
11451
>>11445
You find the pens are ineffective to the screws.
However after some macgyvering the wire hanger is effective.
The two screws are now out and you can open the vent.
>> No. 11454 edit
File 136508789295.png - (7.94KB , 196x162 , edgey finger.png )
11454
(assuming I'm a midget) I squeeze through the now open area where the vent once was.
If I'm not big enough to go through it, I try looking through it. If it's too dark I try bringing the desk lamp over to illuminate the hole.
If that doesn't work either, I throw a pen through the hole as hard as I can to test how long it is and for other things by using the sound it makes.
>> No. 11456 edit
>>11454
You are not small enough to fit.
The vent bends immediately after the short drop from the entrance. Thus all you can see is a sheet of metal, throwing a pen makes it hit said metal and stop moving. It seems you won't be able to simply drop anything down it.
>> No. 11457 edit
"I'm hungry."
I check the doors to the east of the room by opening both of them and trying to leave through them
>> No. 11459 edit
>>11457
You find both of the doors to be unlocked. One leads to a bathroom and the other a closet.

BATHROOM
-The tile floor of the bathroom is perfectly clean. There is a large light hanging from the ceiling, it is currently on. There are a few areas that you take note of: sink, toilet, bathtub, trash can, and the window.

CLOSET
-You enter the room to find it dark. Hanging in front of you there is a metal chain. By pulling it the light bulb turns on. The closet is not too different from the wardrobe, just with more variety. There are two sides which have less formal clothing on one side, and more formal clothing on the other. There are also more shoes here. Finally there is a set of traditional Japanese clothing on top of the shelf.
>> No. 11482 edit
File 136514045992.png - (6.06KB , 184x225 , eyes closed.png )
11482
I enter the closet, take out some formal clothing and change into it
I examine the sink, toilet, bathtub, trash can, and the window. Then I try opening the window if it isn't locked, if it is, I use the trash can to smash the glass.
>> No. 11483 edit
File 136514264857.png - (218.19KB , 640x480 , m2f_r6amirror.png )
11483
>>11482
...You change into the formal clothing for no apparent reason. You leave your old clothing in the closet.

BATHTUB
-The pedestal styled bathtub sits in the corner of the room. It looks rather new and almost polished. Rather than a shower there is simply an extendable nozzle for that purpose. The bathtub is in workable condition.

TOILET
-The porcelain toilet is nothing special. It is a simple English styled toilet which is in workable condition.

SINK
-The sink has a bottom drawer and a mirror above it. When I look in the mirror I get a good look at the piece I am using, but decide to keep investigating. The sink seems to be in working condition. Below in the drawer there seems to be some cleaning supplies and extra toilet paper.

The trash can has a few razors in it and other bits of trash. The window is the same as the ones in the main room. They can be locked and unlocked via the latch style lock which is on the inside of the room.
All the windows were intact and undamaged upon the investigation.

I unlock the window and look outside. I can see outside of the building. It seems I am on the second floor.
>> No. 11484 edit
File 136514282295.png - (11.55KB , 800x600 , logic error.png )
11484
Oh and here is that map I promised.
>> No. 11485 edit
File 131268935772.png - (289.01KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia1b.png )
11485
>>11483
I step inside the bathtub, taking the razors from the trash can and tear myself to pieces, slipping through the drain and out of the room!
>> No. 11486 edit
File 136514522644.png - (87.22KB , 640x480 , e9.png )
11486
>>11485
I take the razor and start to cut myself. Slowly but surely I bleed out before getting the job done and then pass out...
.........
......
...
Upon investigating the room no corpse was found.
...
......
.........
I open my eyes. From them I see a ceiling in front of me. I must be lying down. As I lay there I hear the door get locked, followed by footsteps. The footsteps continue down what must be a hallway outside of this room until I can no longer hear them.

It looks like I am back where I started...
>> No. 11489 edit
File 136515197496.jpg - (8.15KB , 163x309 , demon.jpg )
11489
"It's time to get serious"
I look at myself in the mirror and get a proper mental image of my piece
I decided to take my old clothing out of the closet along with the rest of the clothes in the wardrobe and closet. I tie them together tightly and make a rope. I attach tie one end of the rope firmly to the toilet and the other firmly around myself. Then I unbolt the window and jump.
>> No. 11490 edit
File 136517562666.png - (121.41KB , 352x480 , but_aserua4.png )
11490
>>11489
Since time reset you are currently wearing your original clothing.
After successively making a rope and jumping from the window you fall to the ground. The rope reaches its length and you smash into the side of the building.
It feels like your broke your arm and you feel sick from the impact, but thankfully you are not dead.

You now notice the collar has appeared around your neck again. It runs up the wall and into the window. It won't let you move anywhere but back up. On the ground more words of red form. Upon investigating all the windows were found to be locked.
>> No. 11491 edit
File 136517800626.png - (7.15KB , 191x126 , constipated as fuck.png )
11491
I climb up the rope back into the house and then slit my throat with the razors so that I can respawn without any injuries.
I then change into a formal outfit from the wardrobe and throw my old clothes into the toilet, stuffing it down as much as I can and then flushing in order to clog the toilet
I then use the phone on the bedside table and try all the numbers ranging from 01-99.
>> No. 11492 edit
File 136508615424.png - (547.18KB , 640x480 , mvip_1e.png )
11492
>>11491
You reset.
You then change clothing and clog the toilet. The water level in the bowl starts to slowly rise.

When you get to number 14 someone picks up. "Hello? Who is this? Battler? Where are you? Everybody thinks your are missing."

Your piece recalls that this is the voice of Jessica.
>> No. 11493 edit
File 136518252551.png - (5.16KB , 152x177 , talking.png )
11493
"Jessica, listen, I'm locked in one of the rooms here. I'm not even sure if I'm in the guesthouse or the mansion or even somewhere else. Can you think of a room which has two doors leading to a hallway? The two doors are facing another two doors."
>> No. 11494 edit
File 136518339687.png - (489.20KB , 640x480 , m2f_r4c.png )
11494
>>11493
"Well everyone else is here in the guesthouse, but that is beside the point. What do you mean locked in? What happened to the detective? She told us to wait here and she went off looking for you guys."
>> No. 11495 edit
File 136518252551.png - (5.16KB , 152x177 , talking.png )
11495
"It's.. it's hard to explain. I just can't get out of this room and I need someones help. Detective? I don't remember a detective. Wait, guys? Who else is missing?"
>> No. 11496 edit
>>11495
She tells you that Krauss, Rosa, George, Rudolf, and Kanon are also missing.
>> No. 11498 edit
File 136518543783.png - (5.20KB , 165x177 , weirdnamelikeallofyourpictures.png )
11498
"FOR FUCKS SAKE JESSICA, I DON'T GIVE A RATS ARSE ABOUT THEM, COME SAVE ME! I'VE EVEN DESCRIBED THE ROOMS ENTRANCE"
>> No. 11499 edit
File 136503989051.png - (469.28KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
11499
>>11498
Jessica seems rather disturbed by your random outburst.

More red appears in front of you. The detective locked the mansion door, and currently has the key.

"Well what do you want me to do then?"
>> No. 11500 edit
File 136514045992.png - (6.06KB , 184x225 , eyes closed.png )
11500
"*cough sorry, I've just been in here for at least what feels like a really long time and I was stupid enough to not try the phone until now. I think I'm in the mansion and the detective girl has something to do with me being stuck in here. I have a very bad feeling about this, do you mind looking for her with a few other servants? Oh and pass the phone to mom when you go."
>> No. 11501 edit
File 136508615424.png - (547.18KB , 640x480 , mvip_1e.png )
11501
>>11500
Suddenly static comes from the phone.
During the time the detective was investigating no more than 1 person left the guesthouse.
The detective did not see anyone alive after locking the room.


"I couldn't hear you. What did you want me to do?"
>> No. 11502 edit
File 136506570971.jpg - (6.97KB , 261x193 , hand.jpg )
11502
"Nevermind, Jessica. I'll find my own way out of here"
I stop crying at my failed attempts to have phonesex with Jessica someone come rescue me. I stand up and then go to the door with the chain, set it, and then try leaving through the door with the latch
>> No. 11503 edit
>>11501
>kyrie is around
she's under the ground, she's the culprit
checkmate bro
>> No. 11504 edit
File 136503939229.png - (567.40KB , 640x480 )
11504
>>11502
You set the chain and then head through the door with the latch. Once in the hall the same sensation returns and the collar appears.
When the detective when back to the room to check on the bodies the latch had been set.

>>11503
>implying that Kyrie's existence alone is enough to suspect her as the culprit.
>> No. 11505 edit
I go back to the phone and start dialing numbers after 14 (till 99) with hopes to reach an extension where one of the people who are missing/the detective would pick up
>> No. 11506 edit
>>11504
>implying you don't remember about Kyrie's theory in Rosa's game.
>> No. 11507 edit
I feel left out..
>> No. 11508 edit
File 136522808042.gif - (2.68MB , 400x225 , 1340218756861.gif )
11508
>>11505
ref >>11443
You also fail to reach any of the missing people, however you now know the numbers to the lobby and the book archives. Thus you can call any group if you so wish.

>>11506
>implying that my implications implied that I didn't understand what you were trying to imply.
>> No. 11509 edit
File 136523383332.png - (32.03KB , 931x292 , dbc3.png )
11509
I go up to the wardrobe and the closet and take our all the clothes. Then I use some of them to block the space between the bottom of the door and the floor (if there is space) Then I use some shirts to clog the drain of the bath and the sink. After that I make sure that the toilet is properly blocked. Finally, I turn on the tap and leave the water running while I make a rope out of the rest of the clothes and tie one end to the toilet and the other to myself. Then I patiently wait for the room to completely fill up with water. Once it does, I unbolt the window, jump out while pushing the window back, and with a stroke of pure luck, the water pressure bolts the window shut!
>> No. 11510 edit
This can be solved in one go by just reading through what you said before anyone replied right?
>> No. 11511 edit
File 136526443530.jpg - (45.50KB , 387x304 , Aluminium-Window-Lock-M302E-.jpg )
11511
>>11509
Ref >>11483
It's a latch styled lock on the window. It can not be locked by simply filling the room with water.

>>11510
I would say yes, but technically it also could be solved without even reading the thread. Now that all the rooms are investigated it should be easier, assuming you understand how to actually play. Since naturally this isn't an orthodox mystery. If you read EP6 and understand what a logic error implies then you should get it.
>> No. 11512 edit
File 136530001836.png - (6.02KB , 187x179 , 1324243.png )
11512
(Goat was me btw, I just used another browser accidentally)
Damnit. From your reds it seems like you've made Shannon and Kanon two different people, but like last time, I can't be sure.
And then there's: During the time the detective was investigating no more than 1 person left the guesthouse.
Well, I tried. I still have a few theories left but after your reply to Goat, I just feel disheartened. I'll come back if I can think of something 'different'
>> No. 11513 edit
File 134172623522.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
11513
I believe these two lines to be key.
> -Along with checking Kanon’s corpse she destroyed his master key.
> -When she returned to Battler’s room, the body was gone.

So, which body? If the theme is silly tricks and turning tables, then it's only fair to use the detective's. Like, let's say, "by the time the detective returned to Battler's room, she had been decapitated, leaving only the head with its body missing."

It isn't restricted to clean decapitation. Maybe the master key was a bomb, and the detective's attempts to destroy it led to her disembodiment. The explosion also launched her head in the general direction of Battler's room, which she may have had unlocked beforehand, making for her final return.

On an aside, for some reason, multiple artists have drawn along the lines of Bernkastel holding Erika's severed head.
>> No. 11514 edit
File 135694312710.png - (365.86KB , 856x480 , shiki-11b.png )
11514
Maybe I was being too vague. Investigation is the key to this game really. I highly encourage it.

>>11513
If you look at the record of the game you can see that it was Battler's body.
Your answer(s) is more creative of course.
>> No. 11518 edit
File 131245064334.png - (85.38KB , 291x478 , kan_defa2.png )
11518
Alright, why not?
Check again the bookshelf, is the back part of it is completely solid? How heavy is this bookshelf again?
>> No. 11519 edit
File 136518339687.png - (489.20KB , 640x480 , m2f_r4c.png )
11519
>>11518
The back is rather solid. You would need a hammer or something to make a dent. It's rather heavy, you can push it slowly yourself but lifting it is impossible for you.
>> No. 11520 edit
File 130826654858.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua43.png )
11520
Very well...
First than nothing, I will turn off every light source in the room, this includes lamps, bulbs and closing windows shades.
After that, I'll slightly push the bookshelf to the front, and then I'll try to sneak in between of the wall and the bookshelf. If I don't fit I will push it a little more and try again. After that, I'll silently wait until someone gets into the room, and listen carefully.

>> No. 11521 edit
File 133257534164.png - (73.26KB , 640x480 , glob_1erdark.png )
11521
>>11520
You turn off all the lights and hide behind the bookcase.
Eventually you hear footsteps coming from the hallway. The door opens and you hear them start to walk around the room. They flick one of the lights on and continue searching. Eventually they arrive in front of the bookshelf.
>> No. 11522 edit
File 131365197015.png - (86.01KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana1.png )
11522
Once I'm sure my prey is in position, I'll violently push the bookshelf, attempting to murder her.
>> No. 11523 edit
File 136491257599.png - (344.85KB , 640x480 , m1f_p1c.png )
11523
>>11522
The bookshelf falls down... and the world freezes.

When the detective entered the room to check on the body Battler was no longer in the room.
The detective investigated the whole room however they did not find anybody hiding.


---

I open my eyes. From them I see a ceiling in front of me. I must be lying down. As I lay there I hear the door get locked, followed by footsteps. The footsteps continue down what must be a hallway outside of this room until I can no longer hear them.

It looks like I am back where I started...
>> No. 11524 edit
That was the detective who entered the room and you tried to kill.
>> No. 11525 edit
File 131240103776.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
11525
Very well Ozaki, before continuing ahead I will ask for a clarification.
How did Erika enter the room a while ago? Wasn't the chain and latch set?
>> No. 11526 edit
File 132116397839.png - (21.49KB , 217x157 , ozaki_heh.png )
11526
>>11525
I thought you may have missed that actually.
The detective had to break part of the door in order to enter the room.
>> No. 11527 edit
File 130838102581.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
11527
Alright, plan 2:

I'll do everything in my power to stop Erika from getting into the room. This includes, but is not limited to: blocking the doors with the bookshelf and the bed, barricading the doors with my own body, and using physical strength to keep her out of the room.
>> No. 11528 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
11528
>>11527
What are you talking about anon? The detective obviously entered the room. All you are doing is stalling with that tactic. After all aren't you still trapped by doing that?
>> No. 11529 edit
File 130841902997.png - (89.42KB , 291x478 , kan_waraia123.png )
11529
>>11528
Very easy, the island will explode in a little more than a day. She won't be able to enter the room anymore. The reds regarding the detective's investigation could easily refer to another time, another room or another detective.
>> No. 11530 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
11530
>>11529
Time on this gameboard stops for all eternity after the room was fully investigated the second time.

She entered that room you are trapped in before that happened and furthermore such an explosion never occurred. Naturally there is only one detective.
>> No. 11531 edit
File 130827987980.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
11531
>>11530
But of course she did, the first time. I'm not letting she get inside again!
>> No. 11532 edit
File 136397417211.jpg - (61.21KB , 508x590 , 259653.jpg )
11532
>>11531
Your efforts to block the detective out are useless. It is fact that she enters the room before the end of the game.
>> No. 11533 edit
File 131295167152.png - (85.87KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana1.png )
11533
Alright, you know what? I'll try an easy one.
I'll take the bed sheet, it should be thin and long enough to execute my plan. First I'll open the window and tie one side of the sheet on the latch, then I'll leave while still carrying the rest of the sheet and close the window. Once outside, I'll stay on the window level just enough to use the sheet to lock the window and finally I'll jump, aided again by the sheet.
>> No. 11534 edit
File 134757851974.png - (432.71KB , 633x1150 , Nat_a11_default_1.png )
11534
On the off chance that anon's trick fails, I investigate the bathroom and closet doors. Specifically, I take note of the types of handles, and how, if at all, they can be locked.
>> No. 11535 edit
File 136503989051.png - (469.28KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
11535
>>11533
I open the window and through the sheet on the latch. It falls off. ...What?
I try over and over but for some odd reason the sheet won't even touch the latch.

...Wait how could I forgotten? This is my mystery after all. I would never use one of the oldest tricks in the book.

None of the windows were set from the outside.

>>11534
The closet does not have any locking mechanism. The bathroom however has a simple privacy lockset.
>> No. 11536 edit
Very well, this will be the hard way then.
I request to know where were the other corpses found, and a minor diagram of the mansion if possible.
>> No. 11537 edit
File 134057748655.jpg - (73.18KB , 450x550 , cc619b2fbbc725aae7ffc2b78d73cbd4db316e0f.jpg )
11537
I check the bookcase once more, taking note of its base. Is it on legs? Is there a space between the bottom of the bookcase and the ground?

I also check the paintings again. How big are they?

Finally, I take a coat hanger from the closet, and see if I can use it to set the lock of the bathroom door from the outside.

>> No. 11538 edit
File 136518339687.png - (489.20KB , 640x480 , m2f_r4c.png )
11538
>>11536
They were found in various rooms of the mansion. Think first twilight EP3.

>>11537
There is no space between the ground and the bookcase. The painting are roughly 80cm on each side making a square.

You discover that you cannot lock the bathroom door from the outside, only unlock it using that method.
>> No. 11539 edit
>>11538
Can you tell me in which rooms, exactly?
>> No. 11540 edit
>>11539
They are rather generic rooms. For lack of explanation I'll say they each are only one room large and have a door which leads into a hallway. Oh and at least one window.
>> No. 11541 edit
>>11540
I'll make it easy for you then. Is any of the other rooms near to Battler's?
>> No. 11542 edit
File 132116397839.png - (21.49KB , 217x157 , ozaki_heh.png )
11542
>>11541
That's what I meant by the map anon.
>> No. 11543 edit
Alright, another question. How much time do I dispose once the time resets?
>> No. 11544 edit
>>11543
One-two.
Were the doors locked and had their chain/latch placed when Erika got into the room?
>> No. 11545 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
11545
>>11543
>>11544
If you mean how much time from when the door is locked to when she returns then that would be 5 minutes.

No, only the deadbolts and lock on the windows were set.
>> No. 11546 edit
File 131257289710.png - (73.89KB , 291x478 , kanonwithamonocle.png )
11546
Now, let's see how hard is your original answer then.
Before than anything, I'll count how many coat hangers are in the room, in theory there should be a bunch as you mentioned the closet having several changes of clothes, I'll inspect of what they are made too.
Then I'll use the sheet trick to try to lock the latch of the door from the outside.

>> No. 11547 edit
File 136564546646.jpg - (10.67KB , 305x222 , door-latch.jpg )
11547
>>11546
There are more than 70 clothes hangers, although most of them are wooden. There are 1 or 2 cheap wire ones which had been used in an attempt to set the chain from the outside.
No matter how hard you try the door latch will not lock from the outside of the room. It can fit on no problem but rather than closing it keeps opening. It's probably because you can only pull it with the sheet in one direction due to its location on the door.
>> No. 11549 edit
File 130826654858.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua43.png )
11549
I'll check again the clothes in the closet, and I'll look for one suit or pant with a loose string, and I'll carefully pull it, the most I can. If I get two or three-meter string that should do the job. Then I'll tie one side of the string to the mobile part of the latch and open the door. I'll make the string pass through the opposite side of the door (where the hinges are), get out and close the door.
Now that I'm out, I'll pull the the string to the side where the latch is, causing a pulley effect and effectively setting the latch from the outside. Once I think I'm done I will test it, trying to open the door, and if it works I'll make use of the length of the string and the pulley to pull it outside of the room with me.

>> No. 11550 edit
File 136564795020.png - (5.89KB , 594x295 , string.png )
11550
>>11549
Something like this:
>> No. 11551 edit
File 135069939351.png - (23.68KB , 320x468 , you_don\'t_see_me.png )
11551
When Erika is trying to enter the room I'll run inside the closet, I'll stand beside my fellow coat clones, standing in plain sight. After breaking the light-bulb.

When Erika heads into the bathroom, I'll rush out and hide under the bed.

When Erika heads to the closet I will run into the bathroom and into the bathtub, or something.


When the detective entered the room to check on the body Battler was no longer in the room.
The detective investigated the whole room however they did not find anybody hiding.


This is easy, I was not in the room she was investigating so, thus I don't break the red.

Exhibit A:
"I look around from where I am standing in the middle of the room. I am standing on a large rug which spans most of the empty areas of the floor. There are a few paintings on the west side of the wall. I continue to look around and after my short survey I also determine there are a many areas in this room. Among those are a bed, beside table, desk, dresser, wardrobe, a vent, and a bookshelf."

Exhibit B:
"CLOSET
-You enter the room to find it dark."

Thereby with this two statements I can say, the closet, bathroom, and bedroom areas are 3 different rooms.

When the detective entered the room to check on the body Battler was no longer in the room.

This is correct, when she entered the bedroom to check, I was in the closet. When she entered the bathroom, I was in the bedroom. When she entered the closet, I was in the bathroom.

The detective investigated the whole room however they did not find anybody hiding.

Yep she check each whole room, however, all the time I was in a different room.

Ridiculous answer is silly.
>> No. 11555 edit
File 136566446289.jpg - (435.34KB , 700x800 , Ozaki_Toshio_full_304280.jpg )
11555
>>11551
The closet, bathroom, and bedroom are parts of the same room.

>>11549
...I concede. Upon locking the latch the collar disappears. You have escaped the room, and effectively the logic error.

Just so it is clear. I premade all of the red needed for my solution to work since the gameboard had already been paused in the story. Think of it like the teaparty for EP5. In other words, I had only a limited number of reds to work with.

You thought of a way which I could not counter with my remaining pieces without denying my own solution. And being the good sport I am I won't bother creating another one to keep this game floating. The truth will be overwritten as the one you have presented.

Good work anon.
>> No. 11556 edit
File 136566495627.png - (84.63KB , 288x439 , itbarelytookmethreeyearstowinagame.png )
11556
>>11555
Huh, so that's it? I was thinking in a way to block the latch from the outside, or make the door wider... anyway, there's some stuff I gotta ask here.
What happened when the detective got outside of the room? In this new truth, did she just decided to break through the chain door because welp?
And, what was the original answer you had thought of, and why would more red conflict with it?
>> No. 11557 edit
File 136514045992.png - (6.06KB , 184x225 , ike443.png )
11557
I want to know what you had in mind as the real answer too. I probably wouldn't have stopped if I knew you could solve it with a trick.
>> No. 11558 edit
File 13657019877.png - (420.90KB , 704x480 , ohyou.png )
11558
>>11556
>>11557
You seacats are always so silly.
>> No. 11559 edit
File 131899132335.png - (13.95KB , 217x157 , kanonheh.png )
11559
>>11558
Wel,l I assume that asking for the real answer isn't very Umineko-like, but I would like to read it if possible.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason