[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 137927869773.jpg - (73.15KB , 640x480 , 1379278594.jpg )
13166 No. 13166 edit
First thread: http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/12655.html
Second Thread: http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/12950.html
---

You ride the boat back to the mainland. Captain Kawabata sits beside you. If you're good, he says, you might even get to steer the ship!

The sky is a gentle blue and you lean back in your seat. What a soothing boat ride.

"Sorry nothing exciting happened during your stay," the captain says. "But hey, what can you expect with those rich-types? Everything's just a bore to them!"

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)14:07:00
Expand all images
>> No. 13167 edit
File 13792788692.jpg - (74.83KB , 640x480 , 1379278814.jpg )
13167
"Actually..." you say, standing up. "I wouldn't say it was all that uninteresting."

You remove your Ozaki suit to reveal your true identity to the captain-- Doctor Nanjo! And underneath your coat is a full arsenal of weapons.

"You know what to do. We're going to Mexico. Drive and no one gets hurt!"
>> No. 13169 edit
File 137927705356.jpg - (118.97KB , 640x480 , 1379277000.jpg )
13169
You snap out of it. It seems that in your shock, you went into some kind of day-dream. In front of you, Leon is bleeding on the ground.

"We have to get her inside!" says Jessica. "But where? The guest house and mansion aren't safe."

She pauses. "Grandfather's chapel! Hurry, we have to go! Come on, Maria."
>> No. 13170 edit
File 137927613654.png - (871.01KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_16.png )
13170
>>13169
I guess I carry her to chapel.
>> No. 13171 edit
File 137927936085.jpg - (66.12KB , 640x480 , 1379279309.jpg )
13171
Jessica and you manage to carry Leon all the way to the chapel, with Maria, who has been uncharacteristically quiet, following along.

The door is locked.
>> No. 13172 edit
File 137765062717.png - (524.81KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_135.png )
13172
>>13171
I break down the door. If I can't I shoot the lock through the keyhole and try to open it.
>> No. 13173 edit
File 137927936085.jpg - (66.12KB , 640x480 , 1379279309.jpg )
13173
You start trying to break down the door. Then you hear a pair of footsteps approaching from the other side.
>> No. 13174 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13174
>>13173
I back up and wait for them to open the door or do something. I also raise my gun.
>> No. 13175 edit
File 137928073238.jpg - (67.18KB , 640x480 , 1379280672.jpg )
13175
Someone opens the door.

"Who's there? I-- I have a weapon!"

It's Gohda. He's carrying a hat stand and wearing a fashionable hat.

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)14:32:51
>> No. 13176 edit
File 137928091427.png - (1.03MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_52.png )
13176
>>13175
"Gohda? It' me Ozaki. What are you doing?"
>> No. 13177 edit
File 137928073238.jpg - (67.18KB , 640x480 , 1379280980.jpg )
13177
"Ozaki-kun! Thank goodness! I ran away after that awful explosion. I wanted to make sure everyone was all right, of course, but there was panic and, and..."
>> No. 13178 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13178
>>13177
"Anyway let us in, Leon is injured."
>> No. 13179 edit
File 137928144966.jpg - (66.50KB , 640x480 , 1379281330.jpg )
13179
Gohda looks back nervously.

"I'm sorry, Ozaki-kun. I can't risk letting anybody in here! You have to find your own hideout until morning, and don't let anyone know that I'm here! I wish you all the best."

"Gohda!" yells Jessica. "Don't you dare leave us here!"

Gohda backs up towards the door.
>> No. 13180 edit
File 137928168961.png - (1.51MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_24.png )
13180
>>13179
"Why won't you let us in?"
>> No. 13181 edit
File 137928176240.jpg - (66.62KB , 640x480 , 1379281686.jpg )
13181
"It's not that I don't trust any of you, it's just that any of you could be trying to kill me."
>> No. 13182 edit
File 137912522337.png - (726.84KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_136.png )
13182
>>13181
"You're just as suspicious in our eyes. At the very least let us leave Leon here, she can't harm you in anyway."
>> No. 13183 edit
File 137928224648.jpg - (71.59KB , 640x480 , 1379282194.jpg )
13183
You see struggle in Gohda's eyes. "Urggh. Fine! Just come in, all of you. I hope I live to regret this."

He allows you inside. The rest of the chapel appears empty.
>> No. 13184 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13184
>>13183
I place Leon down on one of the pews and see how she is doing. If possible prepare some sort of treatment using op doctor knowledge or otherwise just to stop the bleeding.
>> No. 13185 edit
File 137928224648.jpg - (71.59KB , 640x480 , 1379282194.jpg )
13185
There's not much you can do with the limited resources available, but you tie your jacket around her to suppress the bleeding. Anything more permanent will have to come from the mansion.
>> No. 13186 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13186
>>13185
"Alright then, I'm going to try and find the others, if you want to come then so be it, just remember what you'll be risking."

After saying that to no one in particular I leave and start to head back to the mansion.
>> No. 13187 edit
File 137928322410.jpg - (115.96KB , 640x480 , 1379283078.jpg )
13187
"I'm staying," Jessica says. "Sorry, Ozaki-kun, I can't take any more of this."

"Uu! Maria wants to go."

"No, Maria-chan, you're staying right here." Jessica keeps her in place. "Find my mom, Ozaki-kun. Find Rudolf oji-chan and Kumasawa. Make sure they're all right."

"Ozaki-kun..." you hear Leon's whisper. "Please, don't leave me here."
>> No. 13188 edit
File 137895912176.png - (464.93KB , 459x636 , ozaki_122.png )
13188
>>13187
"I'm sorry... I need to put an end to this."

I hand my gun to Gohda and tell him to protect them. I then leave and go back to the main entrance to the mansion.
>> No. 13189 edit
File 137895897986.jpg - (96.26KB , 640x480 , 1378958932.jpg )
13189
Ozaki leaves the chapel and heads back towards the mansion. With the front entrance out of commission, where will he go? Everything is eerily quiet.

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)15:30:24
>> No. 13190 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13190
>>13189
I search for Leon's gun.
>> No. 13191 edit
File 137895897986.jpg - (96.26KB , 640x480 , 1378958932.jpg )
13191
You find it in the spot that Leon fell.
>> No. 13192 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13192
>>13191
I take the gun, check to see if it functions and then head to the kitchen's backdoor.
>> No. 13193 edit
File 137904509885.jpg - (81.95KB , 640x480 , 1379283997.jpg )
13193
The gun functions. You make it to the kichen's back door, but it's locked.
>> No. 13194 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13194
>>13193
I check for a window then. Break all the glass with my gun so I wont get hurt crawling inside.
>> No. 13196 edit
File 13791016505.jpg - (73.49KB , 640x480 , 1379286094.jpg )
13196
You make it into the kitchen. There's not a lot of light, but you should be able to make your way around.
>> No. 13197 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13197
I keep close attention to my surrounding as I go through the mansion. I enter the hallway and go to the main hall.
>> No. 13200 edit
File 137928819184.jpg - (37.71KB , 640x480 , 1379288137.jpg )
13200
You enter the main hall. Debris is scattered around, but it's mostly accumulated at the main entrance. You see the outlines of Shannon and George on the ground. It looks like the things that pierced them fell out of their bodies and now lay beside them.
>> No. 13201 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13201
>>13200
I check the bodies for any other wounds. I also search their pockets.
>> No. 13203 edit
File 137928819184.jpg - (37.71KB , 640x480 , beatrice.jpg )
13203
You don't see any wounds besides the one on George's chest and on Shannon's forehead. You find the key to the parlor and a key to Kinzo's study in Shannon's pocket.

In George's pocket, you find some lint and 500 yen.
>> No. 13204 edit
File 137928908581.png - (1.16MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_31.png )
13204
>>13203
I take the keys. I then go to the parlor.
>> No. 13205 edit
File 137765087635.jpg - (105.86KB , 640x480 , 1379289303.jpg )
13205
You try the door to the parlor. It's locked. You unlock it with the key to retrieved from Shannon's body.

Inside the parlor are the corpses of Rudolf and Kumasawa. Rudolf's leg has some sort of wound on it. The same kind of wound is visible on Kumasawa's knee.

Both of them have wounds on their foreheads as well.

With that, the witch's ritual is complete. On the ninth twilight, the witch shall revive, and none shall be left alive.

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)16:56:42
>> No. 13207 edit
File 13776519523.png - (912.58KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_17.png )
13207
>>13205
I survey the parlor for anything else noteworthy. I also check their pockets as well. I take a closer look at the wound on the legs.
>> No. 13208 edit
File 13791168778.jpg - (46.92KB , 640x480 , 1379289851.jpg )
13208
You survey the parlor. There's a gun sitting on the window sill.

You examine the wounds on their legs as clearly as you can. They appear to be very fresh wounds. They're still fully bleeding.

You look for a light switch to get better vision, but then you hear loud, slow footsteps outside of the room.

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)17:09:13
>> No. 13209 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13209
>>13208
I attempt to get behind one of the chairs and raise my gun towards the door. I then wait.
>> No. 13210 edit
File 13791168778.jpg - (46.92KB , 640x480 , 1379289851.jpg )
13210
The loud footsteps stop. Then they move past the parlor door completely until they fade away.
>> No. 13211 edit
File 137929069475.png - (1.04MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_80.png )
13211
>>13210
I leave the parlor. If I can't tell which way the footsteps went I then head to Kinzo's study.
>> No. 13212 edit
File 137887947618.jpg - (49.07KB , 640x480 , 1379290893.jpg )
13212
You start heading up the study, not sure where the foot steps went. You walk up the stairs. There are faint traces of blood on the railing.

Then there's the sound of a gunshot.

You feel a deep pain. The bullet entered your back, barely missing your spine. You tumble down the stairway. You hardly hear the sound of footsteps running away.

It's hard to move. Hard to breathe. Could this be it for our hero?
>> No. 13213 edit
File 137929124424.png - (1.05MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_88.png )
13213
>>13212
I attempt to catch a glimpse of my asaltante. Maybe even try getting up.
If not then I take out my vodka that I've been saving and take a good swig in order to go back in time.

>> No. 13214 edit
File 137929249982.jpg - (101.79KB , 640x480 , 1379292125.jpg )
13214
Unfortunately, your tumble down the stairs didn't give you much of a chance for sightseeing.

You take a drink of your vodka. Ahh, memory lane...

------------------------

"Hand it over, Kinjo!"

"Never!"

"I want to go on the mission to Rokkenjima. Come on, you get to do everything cool."

"You dolt, it was addressed to me,"

"It was addressed to both of us! We were both Nanjo's students."

"Ergh. Fine. But promise me you'll at least read the letter."

"Thanks, Kinjo! You're the best roommate ever."

------------------

Well, that was unhelpful.
>> No. 13215 edit
File 137929279912.jpg - (107.45KB , 640x480 , 1379292743.jpg )
13215
Bernkastel appears in the room. "Well? Are you satisfied with this? I think my presence enhanced the game."
>> No. 13216 edit
File 137765557023.png - (361.11KB , 456x517 , ozaki_84.png )
13216
>>13215
"I'm sure you would. So, what now?"
>> No. 13217 edit
File 137929352652.jpg - (9.59KB , 480x360 , hqdefault.jpg )
13217
"Now the game ends. With a whimper, not a bang, thanks to your handiwork. There can be no game without a detective, after all. Then we'll have our logic battle, just like old times."

Something sparkles in her eye when she says that. You don't like it.

-------------------------------------------

ANTITHESIS OF THE GOLDEN WITCH

Kinzo -- Dead at the start of the game

Kyrie-- Dead on the first twilight

Ange-- Dead on the first twilight

Hideyoshi-- Dead on the first twilight

Eva-- Dead on the first twilight

Rosa-- Dead on the first twilight

Krauss-- Dead on the first twilight

Battler-- Dead on the second twilight

Genji-- Dead on the second twilight

Shannon-- Dead on fourth twilight

George-- Dead on fifth twilight

Leon-- Status unknown. Abandoned by detective on the sixth twilight

Kumasawa-- Dead on the seventh twilight

Rudolf-- Dead on the eight twilight

Jessica-- Alive at the end of the game

Gohda-- Alive at the end of the game

Maria-- Alive at the end of the game

Natsuhi-- Alive at the end of the game

Ozaki-- Unknown. Will the witch grant him a happy ending?

Created by Lamdadelta (Witch of Certainty), Bernkastel (Witch of Miracles), GreatEqualizer (Witch of Badass)

Thanks for reading!


Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)18:16:03
>> No. 13218 edit
File 137929875992.jpg - (80.53KB , 640x480 , 1379298699.jpg )
13218
Tea Party

You and Bernkastel appear in a dimly lit room. There's a tea set next to a couple of seats. She sits in one.

"Tea?"

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)19:33:11
>> No. 13219 edit
File 137929888737.png - (1.04MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_87.png )
13219
>>13218
"Sure, Earl Grey, 5 spoons of sugar."
>> No. 13220 edit
File 137929923883.jpg - (81.60KB , 640x480 , 1379299182.jpg )
13220
She makes your tea as you requested.

"Did you know? There's an interesting loophole in Lambda's game. Because her riddle was created for my eyes, and because she's currently indisposed on my behalf, I'm qualified as a challenger and as a game master. Do you know what that means?"

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)19:40:59
>> No. 13221 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13221
>>13220
"Something silly? In all seriousness it sounds like you can make theories even though you have the answer sheet."
>> No. 13222 edit
File 137929992823.jpg - (70.44KB , 640x480 , 1379299831.jpg )
13222
"Basically, it means that you're useless. Completely and utterly function-less. I'm going to reveal the answer of this game to everyone,and you're going back to the place where pieces that aren't in use go!"
>> No. 13223 edit
File 137930014163.jpg - (59.89KB , 640x480 , 1379300083.jpg )
13223
Two goats appear and grab you. Unable to resist, they take you out of the room.

"I'm glad that's taken care of," Bernkastel says to nobody in particular. "Now the real show can start."
>> No. 13224 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 , 1379300905.jpg )
13224
In a single room, all of /seacats had been gathered. Kinjo, George, Rosa, Anon, Voyager, Squitcher, and many others. Even Meta arrived on the scene, looking particularly bored with the whole event. Noticeably absent are Ozaki and GreatEqualizer.

In front of a podium, a witch had been giving a speech. She had a great amount of charisma and was concise and to the point.

Nobody could disagree with what she was saying. There had been too little red in the game to rightfully do so. Technically, her bizarre theory didn't conflict with any facts of the game. And because they were not official challengers, they could not create theories of their own.

"...And that is what happened in this tale of 1985. I trust there are no objections."

"..."

"..."

"...Where's Ozaki?"

General rounds of agreement arise from around the room.

"No disagreement, then. Good. I expected as much. That's right! My theory is perfect. Better than anyone else could ever come up with. That is why this game with completely replace Beatrice's tale."

Murmurs of confusion.

"Beatrice's tale has been woven so many times that it's impossible to say that any of them are the 'truth.' This tale is fresh. The tale of 1985 has not been abused and repeated like her story. That's why I'm going to use that text to reveal that this story is the truth of Rokkenjima."

"But," says Anon. "The Rokkenjima thing canonically happened in 1986. That would make no sense at all."

"Completely irrelevant. In a way, this tale is more real that her's ever could be. And that text is vague enough to allow me to accomplish this. So I'll ask again, are there any objections?"

Last edited at 13/09/17(Tue)15:58:59
>> No. 13225 edit
File 137930121487.jpg - (47.76KB , 640x480 , 1379301150.jpg )
13225
You sit in a dark room guarded by goats. In the silence, you can hear a faint whisper.

"Pssssst, Ozaki."
>> No. 13226 edit
File 130855225166.png - (65.23KB , 347x480 , ozaki_ikaria1.png )
13226
>>13225
"Hmm?"
>> No. 13227 edit
File 137930164542.jpg - (15.76KB , 640x480 , GE.jpg )
13227
"Hey, man. What are you doing in a crappy place like this? Seriously, I think there's goat poo in here."
>> No. 13228 edit
File 137930176945.png - (1.26MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_109b.png )
13228
>>13227
"Oh you know, this and that. How about you?"
>> No. 13229 edit
File 137930200330.jpg - (32.08KB , 640x480 , GE.jpg )
13229
"Been on vacation for a while. I haven't been the same ever since Rosa beat me in Evenfall, y'know? Hey, how'd Antithesis go? Did Lambda handle it all right?"
>> No. 13230 edit
File 137748295126.png - (615.30KB , 804x768 , ozaki_134.png )
13230
>>13229
"Shit got hijacked halfway and I got blown up. So the usual I guess.
So are you gonna help me out?"
>> No. 13231 edit
File 137930837867.jpg - (103.21KB , 640x480 , GE.jpg )
13231
"Really? Let me see."

...

"Yep, that's a bit of a doozy. Hey! You didn't even get to Leon's backstory. I worked on that character for at least ten minutes. Hmph. Anyways, let's see if I can get you out of here."

I teleport you out of the Wolf's room.

"Hey, I hope you know what's at stake. If Bernkastel wins this game, the world of Rokkenjima in 1986 becomes invalid. /Seacats/ is a product of that world. If she makes it invalid, /Seacats/ will be destroyed. She's trying to get back at Rosa, but we'll all be punished."
>> No. 13232 edit
File 137739829475.png - (475.09KB , 730x661 , ozaki_89b.png )
13232
>>13231
"Of course, just who do you think I am?"

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)22:16:26
>> No. 13233 edit
File 13793094777.jpg - (76.85KB , 640x480 , 1379309421.jpg )
13233
"Good. I have the utmost amount of faith in you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to my hiding place. Good luck!"

The world around you distorts into a sea of fragments. You see every instance of this game float around you. Every character, every bit of motivation spins and twirls.

---------------------------------

"Uhhhh," Camphor says. "Maybe your theory goes against Knox because a broken window counts as a secret passage?"

"Denied." says Bernkastel simply. "Is there anyone else?"

There isn't. Everyone had tried every trick they knew. There was nothing else to use, nothing else to distract her with, except...

You. You drop down the ceiling and land on your feet, crashing Bern's party wide open. The others cheer your arrival.

"Ozaki," Bernkastel's face contorts. "How nice of you to drop in. Goats!"

Two goats rush you.

"Lady Bernkastel has already given a valid theory!"

"Nothing you say can disprove her theory!"


Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)22:32:14
>> No. 13234 edit
File 137930976573.png - (1.05MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_48.png )
13234
>>13233
"Wrong, when two possible truths come into contact the validity of both are brought into question. All I have to do is disprove her theory or create one of equal or better quality!
>> No. 13235 edit
File 137931038494.jpg - (123.28KB , 640x480 , 1379310321.jpg )
13235
"You think you can do that?" Bernkastel asks. "Don't make me laugh! As Witch of Miracles, I can guarantee that would be a miracle!"

She calms herself. "Fine, I'll entertain this insane notion. Because I'm such a fair witch, we'll be using rules that you're familiar with. You will receive three blues that you'll use to explain the howdunnit. If you're still talking about one theory, it counts as the same blue. You can always skip a section if you come back to it, of course.

I'll be adding a twist. If you run out of your blues, you'll receive a penalty just like in your game. If you receive five penalties, you lose. But for every penalty you receive, I'm sending one of your friends to the void. The place that pieces go when they no longer have a use. And I'll force you to choose which active member of /Seacats/ you want to disappear.

Are we clear?"

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)16:48:45
>> No. 13236 edit
File 137931056094.png - (479.58KB , 490x544 , ozaki_138b.png )
13236
>>13235
"Playing by my rules eh? Sounds good. Lets get this started shall we?"
>> No. 13237 edit
File 137931080456.jpg - (122.91KB , 640x480 , 1379310742.jpg )
13237
"Good! First twilight-- six victims who gave up their hearts!"
>> No. 13238 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
13238
>>13237
Illusions to Illusions.
Shadows are the mothers to illusions.


We never checked the key or lock for the guesthouse before breaking the window.
The closed room was created after breaking the window. The key was placed on the table or the door was locked as we entered.
>> No. 13239 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 , 1379311335.jpg )
13239
"Nobody placed the key on a table after they entered the room! Nobody locked the door after they entered the room! Get on my level, boy!"
>> No. 13240 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13240
>>13239
"But wait, that theory isn't denied.

One of the other entrances to the Guesthouse was locked after breaking the window.
>> No. 13241 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 , 1379311789.jpg )
13241
"From the time your group entered to the time they left, nobody locked any entrance to the guest house after entering the guesthouse."
>> No. 13242 edit
File 137929069475.png - (1.04MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_80.png )
13242
>>13241
"Haven't trouble wording the red? I'll check it anyway.

>From the time your group entered to the time they left, nobody locked any entrance to the guest house after entering the guesthouse.
>after entering

Someone locked one of the entrances before they entered the guesthouse during that time frame. Perhaps it was the very window we broke!

Also clarify: our group refers to the first person entering and the last person leaving.

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)23:22:23
>> No. 13243 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 , 1379312666.jpg )
13243
"'Your group' refers to the first person entering and the last person leaving.

Of course someone locked the guest house at some point before everyone entered. You're going to have to be more specific about 'time frame'."

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)23:27:19
>> No. 13244 edit
File 137928091427.png - (1.03MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_52.png )
13244
>>13243
"...I'm talking about the time frame you already used in a red. You know, >>13241. So the first person in could have locked it, or the last person in could have as well, before actually entering the room of course."
>> No. 13246 edit
File 137931080456.jpg - (122.91KB , 640x480 , 1379310742.jpg )
13246
"In that time frame, nobody locked any windows or doors in the guest house."

Last edited at 13/09/15(Sun)23:45:42
>> No. 13247 edit
File 13286645234.jpg - (96.83KB , 518x827 , ozaki01.jpg )
13247
>>13246
"We'll continue with the same theory that the illusion was created after breaking the window."

Instead of the lock it was the key.
Someone could have just thrown it into the room after the window was broken. The point of the matter is that the key was not inside the room when we were on our way to the guesthouse.
>> No. 13248 edit
File 137931038494.jpg - (123.28KB , 640x480 , 1379310321.jpg )
13248
"After the window to the guest house shattered, nobody threw a key into the guest house. Are you ready to abandon this frivolous line of thought?"

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)15:39:17
>> No. 13249 edit
File 137930976573.png - (1.05MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_48.png )
13249
>>13248
"Nope, you didn't deny that last part after all."

>never placed the key on a table
>never thrown
Man I'm being lazy.

I never found the key, Kumasawa was the first person to bring it up.
Kumasawa, or someone else simply had the key in their pocket and entered the room after we broke the window.

My first theory still holds firm!
>> No. 13250 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 , 1379300905.jpg )
13250
"Pfft, that's your theory? No human carried the key belonging to the guest house inside with them during that time span."

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)16:01:03
>> No. 13251 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13251
>>13250
"Alright, second theory nice and simple.

That key wasn't the real key to the guesthouse.
Hence someone could have just pretended it was the real key."
>> No. 13252 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 , 1379311335.jpg )
13252
"The key that Kumasawa showed everyone was the genuine key to the guest house!"

Another blue bullet bounces off of Bernkastel's invisible shield.
>> No. 13253 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
13253
>>13252
"Alright back to the first theory."

After the window was broken the key was planted into the room. It was not in the room when we were about to break the window.
>> No. 13254 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 , 1379312666.jpg )
13254
"Hm? Is there a theory somewhere in there? Nothing in that blue actually provides a howdunnit."
>> No. 13255 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13255
>>13254
The key was handed into the room instead of being thrown or carried.

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)16:16:00
>> No. 13256 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 , 1379311335.jpg )
13256
"The key was not handed into the room."
>> No. 13257 edit
File 135694105285.png - (238.92KB , 900x741 , u_mad____toshio_ozaki.png )
13257
>>13256
The key was dropped into the room.
>> No. 13258 edit
File 137931038494.jpg - (123.28KB , 640x480 , 1379310321.jpg )
13258
"The key was not dropped into the room."

Even the /seacats/ are starting to glare at you.
>> No. 13259 edit
File 13588144173.jpg - (43.87KB , 269x263 , 236244.jpg )
13259
>>13258
"Alright back to work.
Decided to reread it, reminded me of a theory I had. Should have used it sooner.

Third theory:
>All of the other windows on the first floor seemed to be locked as well.
This is no closed room. Some of the rooms on the second floor are locked so I never checked their windows, however I didn't even check the second floor let alone those rooms. Thus one of the entrances/exits to the guesthouse isn't even locked and the culprit could have easily used it in order to create this trick.

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)16:33:31
>> No. 13260 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 , 1379311335.jpg )
13260
"In that time span, all of the entrances and exits on the second floor were locked, closed, and unbroken.

Well, Ozaki? Are you ready to choose your first victim, or do you have more theatrics to share?"
>> No. 13261 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13261
>>13260
>Thus one of the entrances/exits to the guesthouse isn't even locked and the culprit could have easily used it in order to create this trick.

"But what about the first floor? Same theory but,I could have been mistaken when I checked. "
>> No. 13262 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 , 1379300905.jpg )
13262
"You weren't mistaken in regards to your investigation on the entrances and exits on the first floor in the guest house."

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)16:53:37
>> No. 13263 edit
File 137937749964.png - (1.17MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_124.png )
13263
>>13262
The key was placed into the room via the broken window before anyone actually entered and after the window was broken.
>> No. 13264 edit
File 137931080456.jpg - (122.91KB , 640x480 , 1379310742.jpg )
13264
"And how do you suppose they did that. I've already denied throwing it and dropping it, haven't I?"
>> No. 13265 edit
File 137739506911.png - (802.53KB , 1080x768 , ozaki_94.png )
13265
>>13264
"They just placed it in while standing in front of the window. Natsuhi for example was the first one in right? She can just stand there before entering and place it into the room without anyone noticing and then Kumasawa finds it later. We never found out where she found it after all.
If thats not enough then you can just say Knox's 8th applies this part in red then I'll try to whip something up."
>> No. 13266 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 , 1379312666.jpg )
13266
"Nobody placed the key on the table while standing in front of or near the window."
>> No. 13267 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13267
>>13266
The key wasn't found on the table.
At least in my theory it wasn't.
>> No. 13268 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 , 1379311789.jpg )
13268
"Nobody placed the key inside of the guest house while standing in front of or near the window."
>> No. 13269 edit
File 137937934728.png - (619.28KB , 1057x594 , ozaki_gif_6.png )
13269
>>13268
Then they placed it while climbing through the window.
>> No. 13270 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 , 1379300905.jpg )
13270
"Nobody placed the key while climbing through the guest house window."

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)17:58:34
>> No. 13272 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13272
>>13270
Lets move onto the second.
Squitcher is first.
>> No. 13273 edit
File 137765087635.jpg - (105.86KB , 640x480 , 1379289303.jpg )
13273
A hoard of goats walk out of shadows in the room. They aren't like the goats that held you captive. These goats are audibly growling, large globs of drool hanging from their lips. Dozens of these goats charge at Squitcher, tackling him to the ground.

You hear Squitcher's screams, but only for a brief moment. It's all over in the span of a few seconds. The goats untangle themselves and walk back into the shadows. Squitcher is nowhere to be seen. There's no sign that he was ever in the room.

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)22:47:31
>> No. 13274 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 , 1379300905.jpg )
13274
"Second twilight. Friends from another life taking an early departure."
>> No. 13275 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13275
>>13274
First theory
The door wasn't locked. I only saw Rudolf 'break' the lock. For all we know it could have been broken before thus not even using the key.

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)22:59:44
>> No. 13276 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 , 1379311789.jpg )
13276
"The lock was locked when Rudolf broke it with a stone. This is the moment that you witnessed."

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)23:03:50
>> No. 13277 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13277
>>13276
Alright then, second theory.
The key was used to lock the door.
We were all split up so anyone with the key could have just done it.

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)23:15:42
>> No. 13278 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 , 1379312666.jpg )
13278
"Kumasawa had access to the key for the entire duration of the game. She did not willingly give it to anyone and nobody stole it from her until she gave it to you."

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)23:38:45
>> No. 13279 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13279
>>13278
Right but just because she had access doesn't mean she had it on her at all times. She could have misplaced it and someone found it.
>> No. 13280 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 , 1379311789.jpg )
13280
"Up until the point that she gave up the key, Kumasawa is the only person who held the key."

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)23:24:38
>> No. 13281 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13281
>>13276
To continue with the first theory.
The door wasn't locked. The lock wasn't actually locked onto the door.
>> No. 13282 edit
File 137931080456.jpg - (122.91KB , 640x480 , 1379310742.jpg )
13282
"When Rudolf broke the lock, it was locked onto the door. When the lock is locked on the door, it's impossible to enter or exit through the door while it's intact."

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)23:33:02
>> No. 13283 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13283
>>13282
Whether knowingly or not of the contents Kumasawa herself locked the shed.
>> No. 13284 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 , 1379311789.jpg )
13284
"Kumasawa did not lock the shed."
>> No. 13285 edit
File 137930976573.png - (1.05MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_48.png )
13285
>>13284
Rudolf attempted to break the shed lock by shooting it.
In a cruel twist of fate that actually killed Genji and Battler thus killing them from outside of the locked shed. I never found the bullet holes because the shed door was opened before I could see it.
>> No. 13286 edit
File 137945202023.png - (52.11KB , 800x600 , static.png )
13286
"It's impossible to kill someone inside the shed from outside the shed while the door and window are locked!"

One by one, your blues either deflect against Bernkastel's shield or they fall. Your friends fall in the dark, eternal void.

"That's it!" says Bernkastel. "It's all over! This is my victory. It's, it's... Nipah~!" Bernkastel cheers as cracks appear in the foundation of /Seacats/. Everyone tries to comfort each other. Kinjo and Meta take the oppurtunity to confess their feelings for each other.

It's a tragically beautiful scene...

Then, the entire room is consumed by static. Everyone disappears. Only you remain. What's going on? This doesn't seem like Bernkastel's doing...

Last edited at 13/09/17(Tue)14:07:44
>> No. 13287 edit
File 13786221631.png - (62.01KB , 500x325 , tumblr_m239ynnbvp1ql7vn1o1_500.png )
13287
>>13286
I attempt to gain my bearings.

Last edited at 13/09/17(Tue)15:27:02
>> No. 13288 edit
File 137946988113.png - (403.31KB , 640x480 , meep.png )
13288
You find yourself in an unfamiliar room.

“I will not allow the tale to conclude like THIS. It is not a fitting END.”

In front of you, a girl that you've never seen before appears. She's wearing some sort of strange outfit and wielding a glowing red sword.

“Same here,” a man appears in the scene as well. “He's carrying his own black sword, but it's sheathed for now. “I'm Will, this is my friend, Dlanor A. Knox. Sorry to keep you waiting, Ozaki."

Last edited at 13/09/17(Tue)19:05:14
>> No. 13289 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13289
>>13288
"Better late then never, I was starting to worry you know."

Last edited at 13/09/17(Tue)19:07:54
>> No. 13290 edit
File 137947060119.png - (342.45KB , 640x480 , meep2.png )
13290
"Sorry," says Will. "We had to get some help from these two."

Will gestures to two figures behind him.

“Hey, Ozaki! What's up?” The face and voice belong to George, but you can tell this isn't the George from the game, or even a meta-version of that character. His personality, mannerisms, and width reveal that he's one of the manager of /Seacats/.

“We had to use hacks to get to you,” the person next to him, who must be Piece, says. “Good thing we implemented this feature with the addition of the edit button!”
>> No. 13291 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
13291
>>13290
"Ah is that what happened eh? Thanks, but what do we do now?"

Last edited at 13/09/17(Tue)19:30:57
>> No. 13292 edit
File 137947111624.png - (402.67KB , 640x480 , meep3.png )
13292
“Sorry to say this,” says Will. “But you fell into that Witch's trap.”

“Lambdadelta confirmed that the game would follow Knox's DECALOGUE. However, that does not guarantee this mystery's FAIRNESS.”

“The game follows Knox, sure,” Will says. “And you even found a good number of clues. But you didn't find all of the clues needed to solve the mystery definitely. The clues are 'provided', but not 'found'. That's the weakness of Knox's Decalogue in a game like this. That's why we're stepping in. I'm giving you the gift.”

Will takes out his sword. “You're lucky. You avoided having a love interest and going into any serious character analysis that the author tried to lure you into. If you had succumbed, the 3rd and the 16th would have stopped us.”

Will laughs, then his face turns serious.“Van Dine's 15th. The truth of the problem must at all times be apparent to the reader of the tale.”

Will rams his word through your chest. You fade away from the meta-scene and back into the game board.

Last edited at 13/09/17(Tue)19:38:04
>> No. 13293 edit
File 137947331391.png - (321.42KB , 640x480 , g_o1bn.png )
13293
First Twilight

Come, try to remember, what did that scene look like?

You remember greater details of things you never had a good look at. The alcohol seems to be making your memory more vivid. You had entered the guest house third. The glass had shattered on the floor and near furniture and tables nearby. You had to stop yourself from trying to lean on something or move anything as you entered. If you did, you probably would have been cut as well. The stone that your group threw in lays ahead, looking like it bounced across the room.

When the lights turned on, your attention immediately went to those awful corpses. Most of the adults were slumped over the bear area, but little Ange was laying on the bar area completely, her face facing towards the ceiling.

Kumasawa mentions finding a key, holding it up for everyone to see. The key was badly dented and scratched, as if something had fallen on top of it. Kumasawa looked absolutely terrified as she held the thing.

You investigated the entire first floor of the guest house. There wasn't anything ordinary, you thought. The back entrance was locked and all of the windows were as well. You made absolutely sure of that. You could hear the survivors walk around as you worked, but you aren't exactly sure where they went or what they were doing. You were about to check the second story, but Kumasawa complains about a cut on her hand. The cut looks extremely recent and you don't see any blood on the glass you came in on as you leave, so she probably got the cut while picking up the key.

Jessica is covered with cuts herself. Small tears fall on some glass shards and her body spread some of them as she fell. As you started to treat her, her tears turned from simple crying to sobs. She didn't even look at the brutal scene again.

Rudolf was babbling something incoherent, some kind of apologies to his wife and daughter. He looked both sad and angry. Their corpses were the only ones he approached. George cried as well, swearing vengeance on the perpetrator of this crime. He stood in the back of the room with Maria, who seemed unemotional during the entire event. She didn't do much the entire time, you recall.

You're the last one to leave the guest house. You watch the rest of the group leave to ensure there's no funny business on the way out.
>> No. 13294 edit
File 137947360477.png - (254.45KB , 640x480 , black.png )
13294
“Well, Battler? That'll teach you to give me a paperwork job!”

Lambda took out her aggression on Battler's piece. Still, it was hard to say that her aggression was truly the result of being given a menial task. Rage glowed in her eyes far too brightly for that. Her whole body shook.

Ronove stood to the side. “Madame, I'm afraid I must protest this brutalality. It...isn't dignified.”

“Dignified? I'm the Game Master! I'm the Witch of Certainty. I can do whatever I want. Anything that I do is dignified by definition! It is, it is!”

“This won't change anything, Madame. Your destiny will still be waiting for you on the outside.”

Lamda glared at Ronove. “You think I don't know that? Ahh! Why did things turn out like this, huh? The whole reason I created this game-- it was because, because...”

“Could you be noticing the dramatic irony in your own actions, yet?” asked Ronove. “The very fact that you created this game reveals that you don't believe in your own antithesis. Pukuku.”

Lamda's limbs grow limp. She looks dejected. “Maybe, but that girl does. I know it. I'll just have to let all those witches decide. For now, the show must go on.”

“I suppose it must,” says Ronove. “But what about him?”

“He'll die no matter what I do now,” says Lambda. “I'm not the endless witch, I don't have the power to heal him.”

“Perhaps, but there is one more act you can accomplish. Call it an act of love.”
>> No. 13295 edit
File 137964176380.png - (415.05KB , 640x480 , well_1c.png )
13295
Second Twilight

You see Rudolf bring a rock down on the padlock. You can't see anything unordinary about the padlock itself, confirmed by your later inspection of it. The shed door definitely can't be opened while the padlock, you notice. You see a window on the shed itself, but it seems to be locked as well.

The lock becomes unhinged and the door is able to be opened. Inside, you remember seeing the bodies of Rudolf and Battler. There's a sizable hole in both of their skulls. The only difference is that Genji's wound is in the back of his neck, while Battler's wound is in the front of his head. The wounds are about the size you'd expect a bullet hole or some kind of smaller spear-type object to make. There aren't any bullet holes inside of it.

Battler has many other wounds on his body. You didn't to a thorough inspection of them, but you estimate that, even though the wounds themselves were healing, they may have been fatal given enough time. You can't tell for sure given the lack of proper medical equipment.

Kumasawa gave you the key to the garden shed. There's nothing unordinary about the key at all. It's clean and looks barely used.

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)18:49:53
>> No. 13296 edit
File 137964215345.png - (236.69KB , 640x480 , mhal_2cn.png )
13296
“Shannon-chan, you're really okay with someone like me?”

Shannon had cornered George back in the main hall. Their game of hide and seek had dragged on for some time, but it came to end and the couple had started discussing matters.

“George,” she says. “No matter what happens, I know that you're a good person. You always have been. Anyone can lose their way, not everyone can come back.”

George looks at the ground. “I never believed that I deserved you. Not even for a moment. I was jealous and paranoid of everyone, even Battler-san. But there was never a reason for any of that, was there?”

Shannon smiles and shakes her head. She lends her hand to George. “Shall we go, George-sama?”

“Will the others accept me? After all that I've done?”

“They're your family. Of course they will. You'll fix things, I know that you can. Then love will guide us through.”

“I love you, Shannon-chan.”
>> No. 13297 edit
File 137964437220.png - (187.40KB , 640x480 , mhal_2con.png )
13297
Fourth and fifth twilights

Your group stands in front of the mansion. Inside, you see the bodies of George and Shannon. It's too dark to see a lot, but you see the faint outlines kind of ice-pick esque objects that seem to be poking out of them. On Shannon's side the objects seem to be poking out of her head. On George's side the object seems to be poking out of his chest. You can't see any blood on the floors or walls. Nobody around you makes any sound.

You don't get a chance to investigate because an explosion knocks you off your feet.
>> No. 13298 edit
File 137964513276.png - (301.45KB , 640x480 , blood_1b.png )
13298
Sixth Twilight

???
>> No. 13299 edit
File 137964759269.png - (304.32KB , 640x480 , m1f_s1an.png )
13299
Seventh and Eight Twilights

You enter the mansion and check the bodies of George and Shannon up close. There's a good amount of blood around their bodies and the stakes that were once inside of them seem to have fallen out. Their mouths and eyes are wide open. There's an open wound on George's chest and one on Shannon's head.

Next, you enter through the parlor. Inside, you look at the corpses of Rudolf and Kumasawa. Kumasawa is closer to the door than Rudolf is. They both seem to have some kind of wounds on their heads, but you don't bother inspecting them. Instead, you look at the ones on Rudolf's leg and Kumasawa's knee. They're surprisingly fresh, as if they were made just recently. The blood is still dripping down.

There's a rifle sitting on a nearby windowsill, fairly close to the two bodies. It doesn't look damaged.

You hear someone coming from outside and you hide behind a chair. The footsteps pass the room, however, so you leave your hiding place and walk out of the parlor.
>> No. 13300 edit
File 137964786994.png - (402.35KB , 640x480 , zf_r1cp.png )
13300
You fade away, your memories growing both faint and distant around you.

"Well?" Will says. He and Dlanor are in front of you. "You ready? We can send you back in time during your fight with Bernkastel. Hopefully this information does some good."

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)20:35:20
>> No. 13301 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13301
>>13300
"Yeah, I feel like it is somewhat better. I'm ready."
>> No. 13302 edit
File 137931080456.jpg - (122.91KB , 640x480 , 1.jpg )
13302
"By the way," Will says. "I couldn't save Squitcher. He's gone. Sorry. Get ready."

The world spins around you. The cracks in /gameboard/ come back together and you find yourself face to face with Bernkastel once more.

"Good! First twilight-- six victims who gave up their hearts!"

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)20:44:00
>> No. 13303 edit
File 131820517176.jpg - (225.02KB , 500x727 , 356073.jpg )
13303
>>13302
The key was planted into the room long before we got there. A hole had been made in the glass to do so. Upon arriving myself the damaged window was then broken by the rock Rudolf threw, thus removing any evidence of said hole I may have found.

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)20:49:19
>> No. 13304 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 )
13304
"There were no openings in the window before your group broke it with a rock!"
>> No. 13305 edit
File 13286645234.jpg - (96.83KB , 518x827 , ozaki01.jpg )
13305
>>13304
Not an opening but the window itself was mostly gone. The shattering sound of glass that we heard was actually a cup or something similar inside of the room.

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)20:52:45
>> No. 13306 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 )
13306
"The window was in place and intact before your group broke it with a rock."
>> No. 13307 edit
File 131959014367.png - (197.07KB , 357x434 , ozakitwe.png )
13307
>>13306
Then I'll continue with an old theory.
The window we broke wasn't actually locked when it was broken. Only after coming closer did the culprit stealthy set the latch in order to seem like it had always been locked.
>> No. 13308 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 )
13308
"When your group broke the window with a rock, it was definitely locked!"
>> No. 13309 edit
File 13569971377.jpg - (85.23KB , 1280x720 , ozaki.jpg )
13309
>>13241
"Can you clarify that this refers to 'exits' as well?"
>> No. 13312 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13312
"Of course. This refers to exits as well."
>> No. 13313 edit
File 131930745749.jpg - (73.87KB , 708x720 , 3923432.jpg )
13313
>>13312
"I guess that is fine then.
Like my window theory there was simply a hole which the key was planted into the room. It was covered up by someone when we ended the room.
>> No. 13314 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 )
13314
"While all entrances and exits to the guest house are closed , locked, and intact, nobody can slip a key inside the guest house! And of course, Knox forbids hidden passages. In other words, no holes or openings existed that connect the guest house to the outside that you aren't aware of."
>> No. 13315 edit
File 137782403031.png - (439.38KB , 575x652 , ozaki_98.png )
13315
>>13314
"Let's skip to the second for now."
>> No. 13316 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13316
"If you want. Second twilight, Friends from another life taking an early departure."
>> No. 13317 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13317
>>13316
The shed had actually been unlocked beforehand. Since its just a padlock it functions like an autolock: you only need a key to unlock it, not lock it. The lock was placed back onto the shed after killing them.
>> No. 13318 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13318
"...The shed had actually been unlocked beforehand. Since its just a padlock it functions like an autolock: you only need a key to unlock it, not lock it. The lock was placed back onto the shed after killing them.

Well done." Bern doesn't seem phased.
>> No. 13319 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 )
13319
"Fourth and fifth twilights. Reunited lovers torn apart once more."
>> No. 13320 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13320
>>13319
Not much of a mystery. I would request some red instead of wasting a blue but whatever.
After my group left the mansion to look for the others anyone not with us could have put the corpses there. Explosion was set up, and then set off manually once we returned.
>> No. 13321 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 )
13321
"When your group was at the shed, Shannon and George were still alive. The explosion was set off manually."

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)21:33:47
>> No. 13322 edit
File 137929069475.png - (1.04MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_80.png )
13322
>>13321
For whatever reason Shannon and George were not dead when we first found them laying there. After the explosion we were missing a lot of people. One of them got inside the mansion and killed Shannon and George, this of course regardless if right or wrong also explains how Leon was shot.
>> No. 13323 edit
File 137931038494.jpg - (123.28KB , 640x480 )
13323
"For whatever reason Shannon and George were not dead when you first found them laying there. After the explosion you were missing a lot of people. One of them got inside the mansion and killed Shannon and George.

This explains how Leon was shot.
Looks like we can skip the sixth twilight, then."

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)21:41:14
>> No. 13324 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13324
"Seventh and eight twilight. The Witch's Roulette wraps up on this Rokkenjima."
>> No. 13325 edit
File 13180481259.jpg - (65.08KB , 600x800 , 302243.jpg )
13325
>>13324
"You know, this isn't really a closed room since I found the key in Shannon's pocket, however I want to try something else."
The key wasn't even used. The closed room was created from setting the locks from the inside of the room.
>> No. 13326 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 )
13326
"...Hmph."

Bernkastel laughs hysterically. This isn't the laugh of someone gloating, however, but of a hysterical animal that has been cornered.

"I'm not finished," she says. "I'm not! Remember back to before the second twilight. Maria found a letter in the room! Of course, if anyone in your group had placed a letter in that location you would have noticed. Yet, you noticed no such thing! And of course, Maria did not place the letter. It's impossible, right?"
>> No. 13327 edit
File 137166678668.jpg - (48.19KB , 250x350 , 1603.jpg )
13327
>>13326
"No it simple really. Everyone was in a state of shock and it clearly said Maria ran to the other side of the room. I don't know if you have the right to ask this seeing how It could have just been out of sight and Maria found it first because it was close to the TV. In other words it was placed specifically to be found by Maria, an even more detailed example would be in the VHC case for the anime she perhaps wanted to watch.
>> No. 13328 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 )
13328
"...Confirmed. It was out of sight and found by Maria because it was so close to the TV.

I still have the first twilight. You aren't winning this so easily."
>> No. 13329 edit
File 131804537699.jpg - (165.07KB , 475x587 , 1311048875412.jpg )
13329
...One of the entrances/exits was removed from its hinges/frame and placed back after setting up the crime scene.
>> No. 13330 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 )
13330
"None of the exits or entrances were removed from their hinges or frames. That's three blues down. Choose one of your friends to send to the void."

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)22:03:54
>> No. 13331 edit
File 135484380059.png - (188.37KB , 300x450 , 271105-df_large.png )
13331
>>13330
"Not just yet. I am continuing with an old theory.

Clarify that "time span" for >>13260 refers to before we broke the window to when we left.
Also copy/paste that red for the first floor as well(excluding the one window we broke of course) since I don't trust the red about my investigation.

Actually, you could probably just combine it all to "From the moment before your group broke the window to the moment before you were about to leave the guesthouse every entrance/exit to the guesthouse, excluding the single window was locked, closed, and unbroken." Otherwise that old theory still works.
>> No. 13332 edit
File 137931038494.jpg - (123.28KB , 640x480 )
13332
"What? When did I make a red like that? Oh well. From the moment before your group broke the window to the moment before you were about to leave the guesthouse every entrance/exit to the guesthouse, excluding the single window was locked, closed, and unbroken."

Last edited at 13/09/20(Fri)14:11:44
>> No. 13334 edit
File 137739567671.png - (176.38KB , 284x401 , ozaki_95b.png )
13334
>>13332
Having memory problems? Well here is another one.

Kumasawa may have found the real key, but that doesn't mean there was another.
>>13252
There is another key, or way that can lock the guesthouse.

Last edited at 13/09/20(Fri)14:21:54
>> No. 13335 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13335
"I don't know what farce you're trying to pull off, but the key that Kumasawa found was the only key that could unlock or lock the doors leading to the outside of the guest house. Nothing could lock or unlock those doors without that key."

Last edited at 13/09/20(Fri)14:27:00
>> No. 13336 edit
File 13797125224.png - (1.10MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_109.png )
13336
>>13335
"...Alright then, Crino is next to die."
>> No. 13337 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 )
13337
"Next?" Bernkastel doesn't look like she notices Squitcher's absence. She doesn't press the issue, though, and the goats swarm Cirno within a few seconds. There are no remains. "You know, Ozaki, if you give up now, I may allow your vessel to remain intact. You'd make a much better piece than my last."

Last edited at 13/09/20(Fri)14:32:41
>> No. 13338 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
13338
>>13337
"No thanks, I have my own game already planned out after all.
While I'm doing silly theories I guess I'll get this one out of my system.
The windows can be locked from the outside. One of them was locked like that. "

Last edited at 13/09/20(Fri)14:38:32
>> No. 13339 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 )
13339
"The windows can not be locked from the outside. The doors can not be locked from the outside without a key."
>> No. 13340 edit
File 137739459434.png - (596.61KB , 824x768 , ozaki_93.png )
13340
>>13339
...The guesthouse was locked from the inside. They hid upstairs on the second floor.
>> No. 13341 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 )
13341
"When your group entered, nobody was hiding inside of the guest house. Nobody could have escaped from the time your group broke the window to the time you entered."

Last edited at 13/09/20(Fri)14:57:51
>> No. 13342 edit
File 137739567671.png - (176.38KB , 284x401 , ozaki_95b.png )
13342
>>13338
To continue from another theory; the windows can be locked from the inside normally since the red only refers to the outside.
The latches are not reliable, if you closed it hard enough it may lock on its own. In other words one of the entrances/exit has an auto-lock.
Alternatively the culprit forced their own version, say for example having something fall down on the latch after they closed the window.

>> No. 13343 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 )
13343
"The latches are reliable. They won't close if the window is shut hard enough. None of the entrances were set up in a way that they would act as an autolock."
>> No. 13345 edit
File 13774174996.png - (1.11MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_36.png )
13345
>>13343
"Alright, going back to my hiding theory; they were not actually hiding, but in plain sight. One of the victims locked the guesthouse from the inside.

Last edited at 13/09/21(Sat)12:17:59
>> No. 13346 edit
File 137931184784.jpg - (123.14KB , 640x480 )
13346
"Six people were dead inside of the guesthouse before your group broke the guest house window. These people were Kyrie, Ange, Hideyoshi, Eva, Krauss, and Rosa."
>> No. 13347 edit
File 137928091427.png - (1.03MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_52.png )
13347
>>13346
"And? Deny my theory."
>> No. 13348 edit
File 137931139347.jpg - (123.37KB , 640x480 )
13348
"...None of the victims locked the guest house from the inside. Sorry for getting your hopes up."
>> No. 13349 edit
File 137877812420.png - (329.03KB , 399x601 , ozaki_57.png )
13349
>>13348
"No, you should have said "Don't worry its not that silly"

I'll try one last thing with this victim theory.
There was a seventh victim, or rather one of the six didn't actually die. I only met them today after all I may have mistook their faces.
>> No. 13350 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13350
"There was no seventh victim inside the guest house."
>> No. 13351 edit
File 137980360237.png - (824.02KB , 1366x768 , ozaki_137.png )
13351
>>13348
Clarify that nobody created this closed room by locking the guesthouse from the inside.
Six people did die yes, but what if one of them didn't count as a victim but as an accomplice! They locked the guesthouse from the inside.
>> No. 13352 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 )
13352
"None of the six who died locked the guest house from the inside."
>> No. 13353 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13353
>>13352
Instead of the doors it could have been just the lock,
One of the locking mechanisms was tampered with to work incorrectly. Like making it seem like a door was locked or something similar.

Last edited at 13/09/21(Sat)21:55:54
>> No. 13354 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13354
"None of the locking mechanisms were tampered with."
>> No. 13355 edit
File 13798296962.png - (253.34KB , 374x347 , rukiddingme.png )
13355
>After the window to the guest house shattered, nobody threw a key into the guest house

I really should have ask you to clarify this red back when I thought it was odd.
I consider the window breaking and the rock hitting it the same instance, but you probably didn't.

In other words my theory about the key being thrown into the room works. Rudolf threw the rock/key and then directly following it the window was smashed.
>> No. 13356 edit
File 137931038494.jpg - (123.28KB , 640x480 )
13356
"...Someone threw the key at the exact time Rudolf threw the rock, whether this was Rudolf himself or someone else."

You can hear Bernkastel growl.

"You're not done, yet! Who did all of these things? Why?!

Who killed all of the victims of the epitaph murder?

Who kidnapped Battler?

Who left the letter in front of Eva's door?

Who left the letter in the parlor? Well?"
>> No. 13357 edit
File 137983349327.png - (1.64MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_50.png )
13357
>>13356
"Hold on, you never responded to my blue for Kumasawa and Rudolf."

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)00:05:14
>> No. 13358 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13358
"It's like you said," Bernkastel says. "There's no mystery. No closed room. Red is pointless."
>> No. 13359 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13359
>>13358
"Fine then you cheeky witch. On another matter there was a few times during the game where it was being vague about time."

>Unfortunately, your filthy smoking habit makes it difficult for you to run long distances, so you have to stop every once in awhile.

"Sure, I didn't check my watch, but I'd like an estimate seeing how I was the one having to take the breaks."
>> No. 13360 edit
File 137930098330.jpg - (118.96KB , 640x480 )
13360
"You were running around with your lungs about to collapse for exactly twelve minutes."
>> No. 13361 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
13361
>>13360
"Alright one last thing. How long would it take to get from the mansion to the guesthouse?"

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)00:22:34
>> No. 13362 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13362
"The mansion and guest house were close together. Walking, it wouldn't take more than three minutes to get from one to the other. If you were running you could probably get there in under a minute."
>> No. 13363 edit
File 131872485897.jpg - (626.03KB , 1101x1306 , 227053.jpg )
13363
Alright then lets start with those letters.

>I have taken the fool, Battler, away. He denied his family and everything that comes as a part of it, including the gold he found. I must warn each of you that I am a fickle witch. If you poke your heads around looking for him, I cannot guarantee the boy's safety. I deeply hope that you understand. -The Golden Witch, Beatrice."

Compared to the one the the parlor.

>I know where Battler Ushiromiya is. I also know that at least one of you has knowledge of where Kinzo Ushiromiya's gold is hidden. If you do not send at least one representative to retrieve the gold, I guarantee his safety no longer.

It is clear that the second one is a different person. They NOW know where Battler is, and they desire the gold. So are we then looking for two culprits? No, Beatrice only kidnapped Battler.

Shannon had clearly announced herself as Beatrice during the game. Along with that, I also saw her sneaking around the Guesthouse after everyone had been moved to the Mansion. Shannon is likely the one who kidnapped Battler.
Of course we determined that Battler wasn't really killed during that time but later, so we'll have to assume that this was unrelated to the actual crime and was done by Shannon for her own personal reasons. "Protecting the island and family" may be a good motive.

-

Now the other letter also requires the "who kill everyone" and 'why" to be answered.
My theory is that it was Ushiromiya Rudolf.

The logic is this, because Shannon kidnapped Battler, Rudolf got hystric. Along with the motive of "I need money", and the Ushiromiya's unrealistic hatred for one another, he threw away his inhibitions and murdered everyone. The food was probably drugged after Battler disappeared and that caused him to go about his business unseen. Kyrie and Ange had wounds that differed from the rest after all. Not to mention Ange was also lying on the bar instead of in a chair. As already explained in the howdunits he threw the rock with the key in order to create an illusion. He also faked his death at the end, I never checked the true wound after all.

Seeing how we got split up multiple times after that the rest explains itself really.

This is my theory!

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)13:54:05
>> No. 13364 edit
File 137931038494.jpg - (123.28KB , 640x480 )
13364
"Shannon did not kidnap Battler. When she said that she did not know where Battler was, she was telling the truth.

Rudolf did not write either of the letters.

Rudolf wanted Ange, Kyrie, and Battler to live. The culprit did not kill anyone on accident. And yet there is only one culprit in this game.
How do you explain the contradictions with your theory?! You can't."
>> No. 13365 edit
File 136198864671.jpg - (9.35KB , 280x220 , sgshrug.jpg )
13365
>>13364
"Alright, It was Jessica then, she was also "Kinzo". Kanon was a metaphor for Battler. She kidnapped Battler after finding out he was alive and tried to get info on the gold. Natsuhi was the real murderer because she was in the marriage for the money the whole time. Jessica accomplice and Natsuhi culprit, because why not?
>> No. 13366 edit
File 137931272373.jpg - (122.44KB , 640x480 )
13366
"Wrong. All of it.

Jessica was not Kinzo. Jessica did not kidnap Battler. Kanon was not a metaphor for Battler. Jessica didn't particularly care about the gold. Jessica did not write either of the letters. Natsuhi was not the culprit. She genuinely loved her husband and daughter. Natsuhi did not kidnap Battler. Natsuhi did not write either of the letters. Jessica was not an accomplice.
"

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)14:41:21
>> No. 13367 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13367
>>13364
"Anyway, enough joking around. You never denied Rudolf.

The first twilight could have been killed at random. Thus Rudolf just accepted it as the way it was after they were killed.
>> No. 13368 edit
File 137931038494.jpg - (123.28KB , 640x480 )
13368
Bernkastel grimaces. She uses her last line of defense, weak as it may be.

"Kyrie and Ange had stab wounds in addition to the wound that killed them. Rudolf did not make these stab wounds. Your Rudolf culprit theory won't do you any good."
>> No. 13369 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13369
>>13368
"...Right, so since Rudolf didn't make those, and they were not the cause of death, then they don't disprove Rudolf is the culprit."

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)15:05:04
>> No. 13370 edit
File 137988782887.png - (827.59KB , 640x480 , bern.png )
13370
Bernkastel face turns to anguish. The world around both of you warps and /seacats/ dissappears from your sight.

"You...you insolent brat. You think you're incredibly clever. Fine, I'll admit it.Rudolf Ushiromiya is the culprit of this game.Is that what you wanted?"
>> No. 13371 edit
File 137988806859.jpg - (393.28KB , 720x856 , Ozaki_Toshio_full_1404824.jpg )
13371
>>13370
"Yeah pretty much."

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)15:14:28
>> No. 13372 edit
File 137988831624.png - (824.31KB , 640x480 , bern2.png )
13372
"Keep laughing! That's right, laugh until you can't do it anymore--literally! Why don't we return to the gameboard?"

Bernkastel waves her hand and the world of the gameboard returns. You can feel the deep, stinging pain in your back returning.

"It will give me pleasure to watch you be destroyed. Your piece and you are interchangeably connected, you know. Once you die in the game, there won't be any more of you that I have to stand for. Isn't that wonderful?"

Bernkastel fades from sight.

The clocks of Rokkenjima spin once more.
>> No. 13373 edit
File 137988872339.png - (288.33KB , 640x480 , rudolf.png )
13373
You lay on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. You could only force your body to crawl, at best. Make sudden jerking motions if you really put your mind to it. But what's the point?

You hear a step of footsteps approach you. You strain your head.

Just as you thought. Rudolf stands above you, his gun pointed at your face. "Sorry about this, Ozaki-kun. If you're innocent, I'm sure God will make it right. And if you're guilty, [see you in Hell]. Any last requests?"
>> No. 13374 edit
File 133482067677.jpg - (104.32KB , 570x800 , 335495.jpg )
13374
>>13373
"...was any of this premeditated?"

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)15:48:23
>> No. 13375 edit
File 137989015539.png - (291.33KB , 640x480 , rudolf2.png )
13375
"My son...Battler. Someone took him from me. I wanted to take all of the adults to the guest house so that I could question them. I was sure that one of them had something to do with his being gone. I was never going to kill them! But Eva started fighting back, she was going to murder me on the spot! I had to defend myself. I accidentally shot her in the chest. It was lethal. Then the other three decided they would rush me. I barely had enough reflexes and distance to take them out as well! I was going to die if they got to me, then I would never find my son.

I mangled their chests to cover up the terrible thing that I had to do. Then, when I got back to my room...Kyrie...little Ange...they were bleeding out on my bed. Someone had attacked them, Ozaki! Even worse...they were still alive. Just laying there, bleeding, looking miserable. They were fatal wounds. Even if I had asked you for help, and I didn't trust you even then, it wouldn't have helped. I did what any loving husband and father would have, didn't I? I had to...had to...That's when I knew for sure that someone was after my family.

Battler was all that I had left. Then, after I ran away from George, I saw Genji in the shed, looking down at Battler. I'll admit my own fault here, Ozaki. I didn't consider the possibility that Genji had come across the rose garden by accident. I...I was in grief. I didn't want him hurting my son! I shot him in the back of the head then removed the bullet using some tools.

But Battler...he was badly injured. It looked like he was going to die as well! Ozaki-kun...I had to kill all of my family on the same fucking day! Do you have any idea what that's like?

Then the explosion happened and I forced everyone around me to come with me. I just wanted to question them, dammit! In the mansion, I found out that George and Shannon were faking their deaths. It was so obvious from up close. That made them suspicious, right? I killed them on the spot.

You tried to look in the window, so I shot a bullet to scare you off. It wasn't meant to actually hit you. Then Leon started shooting at me, and I had no other choice than to defend myself. I had no choice.

I led Natushi and Kumasawa away, then Natsuhi tried to run away, so I had to shoot her as well. Nobody understood! She's laying around here, somewhere. Kumasawa tried to disarm me from the back, so I hit her with the butt of my gun. She died, and I made her part of my act. Since everything that happened seemed to look like those epitaph murders, I played dead so that I could remain hidden after your group came.

...But it was only you, wasn't it? The stranger who came to Rokkenjima. The most suspicious one of us all. You may be innocent, but I have no way of knowing that. I'm truly sorry."
>> No. 13376 edit
File 13797125224.png - (1.10MB , 1366x768 , ozaki_109.png )
13376
>>13375
"I see. So it was the mercy killing after all. I understand your strife. If its any excuse, I don't have any motive, but I guess that doesn't matter much to a bullet wound now does it?"
>> No. 13377 edit
File 13798913395.png - (42.52KB , 1920x1080 , black.png )
13377
"Gold, working as an accomplice to someone, I don't care anymore, Ozaki-kun. I just don't. I have to do what I have to do. I did what I did because of love. If it's any consolation, I really did like you."

Rudolf puts his finger on the trigger.

...But a gunshot never comes. Instead, you hear the sound of some large object landing against Rudolf. You squint in the darkness. It's Natsuhi!

Natsuhi land on Rudolf and knocks his gun out of his hands. She picks it up, points it at him, and fires.

The bullet goes straight through Rudolf's skull.

Natsuhi looks at you. You can see that she's bleeding out strongly through the chest. Her wound...is probably fatal.

"Ozaki-san..." she says. "I'm so sorry... last night...I woke up and I saw Rudolf carrying a gun...he didn't see me...I got scared...my husband never came back...I wanted to threaten his family...collateral...but Ange-chan...she kept making so much noise...had to keep them quiet...All my fault...everything...Please...Jessica...I'm not a bad person."

Natsuhi stops talking and moving altogether. Your vision becomes blurred and the room wraps itself in darkness.
>> No. 13378 edit
File 137989155154.png - (277.35KB , 640x480 , boat.png )
13378
You open your eyes and daylight greets you. How? Shouldn't you be dead?

"'Ey, Ozaki! O-zak-i!" The boat captain is violently shaking you.
>> No. 13379 edit
File 137989172426.png - (599.21KB , 803x768 , ozaki_130.png )
13379
>>13377
>>13378
"Huh what? Kuwabata, why are you here?"
>> No. 13380 edit
File 137989217587.png - (276.25KB , 640x480 , boat2.png )
13380
Kuwabata sits you up.

"It's kind of odd. I was waiting by the docks like I always do, then I saw what looks like a friggin' golden butterfly going this way. So I'm chasing it so I can sell it to a museum when it comes in this house through a broken window. I go inside and here you are, laying next to a bunch of dead rich people. Looks like something led me here. Maybe something's looking after you, kid. Or maybe I imagined it. I should probably tell you that I'm incredibly high right now."

You feel on your back. Somehow, the wound had turned from being a bullet hole to a small nick, as if you had been healed. Was something like that possible?

"Hey," the captain says. "Are there any other survivors? I really need to get paid."
>> No. 13381 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
13381
>>13380
"There should be some solid gold bars lying around somewhere."

I check to see who the dead bodies are.

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)16:25:53
>> No. 13382 edit
File 137989261479.png - (383.76KB , 640x480 , room.png )
13382
"Gold?" Ecstatic, the captain looks around for it.

You see Rudolf and Natsuhi in the same positions they had been in when you went to sleep. George and Shannon are still in the main hall as well. It doesn't seem like anything changed.

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)16:32:02
>> No. 13383 edit
File 137989290576.png - (331.55KB , 327x665 , ozaki_81.png )
13383
>>13382
I guess while he is looking around I'll make sure to remove the ammo from any guns nearby. I also look for anything else notable.
>> No. 13384 edit
File 137989261479.png - (383.76KB , 640x480 , room.png )
13384
You remove all the ammo in Rudolf's gun.

"I can't find any gold!"

What happened to the survivors at the chapel?
>> No. 13385 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
13385
>>13384
"Lets check the chapel."

I then go there.
>> No. 13386 edit
File 137989399845.png - (522.35KB , 640x480 , cha_o2a.png )
13386
You and Kawabata walk to the chapel.

"Geez, looks like you had a tough weekend. Don't worry, the same kind of things happens when my wife's side of the family comes over. Actually, I remember..."

You're not listening anymore. You can't help but think about the chapel. In a way, it's a bit like that cat-box theory. Without looking inside, the survivors are, in a way, both dead and alive at once.

Will you be able to talk to the survivors? Will Leon still be alive?

Will anyone still be alive? Will you be able to apologize, create reasons for your actions on that night? Will there be anyone left to hear them?

There's no point in thinking about it. You're standing in front of the chapel now. You don't hear anything while you stand in front of the door.

You knock.

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)17:22:51
>> No. 13387 edit
File 137989428526.png - (363.66KB , 640x480 , end.png )
13387
????

"Well, was your experiment a success?"

"Of course," replies Bernkastel. "The two trial games have worked spectacularly. I've learned that there isn't a single competent detective among them."

"Very good. You're ready, then?"

"Yes. I'll be launching my final siege on /seacats/. And none shall survive."

THE END

To be continued in Concealment of the Golden Witch.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason