[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 140992330947.png - (1.48MB , 1500x947 , OPimage4.png )
16346 No. 16346 edit
First thread: Click Here

Second Thread Click Here

Third Thread: Click Here

-

The fourth round of reprise. We've gone through three players so far, now a fourth takes the stand. Let us see how Ouro fares.

-

Maps

Guesthouse F1
Guesthouse F2

Mansion F1
Mansion F2
Expand all images
>> No. 16348 edit
File 140848259564.png - (202.92KB , 640x480 , sea_1c.png )
16348
As per usual, the boat is moving across the waves to Rokkenjima.

You will be there shortly.
>> No. 16349 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16349
Wasting no time, I'll find and open the envelope that Jessica took in the past three rounds, and read the contents.

Last edited at 14/09/05(Fri)12:52:33
>> No. 16350 edit
File 140995998926.png - (217.75KB , 640x480 , letter1.png )
16350
>>16349
You take out the large envelope and prepare to open it up. As you recall the smaller one was inside.

However the moment you touch the wax seal it seems your body locks up. Your vision shines red as the seal sparkles a bit. Any attempt to remove the seal again proves to have the same result.

Seems like the fact you open the letter after dinner is locked in time. You won't be seeing inside that easily.
>> No. 16351 edit
File 140999601222.png - (65.37KB , 480x280 , 2(549).png )
16351
"... Typical."

I go and hunt for the captain, before addressing him.

"Is there another dock on the island aside from the one we're approaching that you know of?"
>> No. 16352 edit
File 140647305658.png - (74.97KB , 364x472 , kaw_defa1.png )
16352
>>16351
"Nope, this is the only one. Most of the island is just forest you see, so there really isn't any need for extras."
>> No. 16353 edit
File 137661988379.png - (67.89KB , 480x280 , 2(535).png )
16353
"I see. Very well then."

I'll wait until the boat docks. Doesn't seem like there's much I can do until then.
>> No. 16354 edit
File 140647391149.png - (495.22KB , 640x480 , rise_ev1.png )
16354
>>16353
After waiting around the boat eventually makes it to the beach and you dock.

With the same line the boat captain leaves you and you are left on the dock once more with Reinon there to greet you.

"Welcome to Rokkenjima. We have been expecting you Mister Byakuya. I am to guide you to the mansion."
>> No. 16355 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16355
"Reinon, isn't it? Good. Before we set off I was wondering if it would be possible to rest for a while prior to meeting the family. The journey has been terrible."

Regardless of her response, I'll begin climbing the path towards the mansion grounds.
>> No. 16356 edit
File 140979420158.png - (626.98KB , 640x480 , forest_p1b.png )
16356
>>16355
"I'm sorry, the family is very eager for your arrival. You will have to speak with them personally for a definite answer." she says as she tries to keep up.

You are currently walking through the forest.
>> No. 16357 edit
File 137645756048.png - (75.71KB , 480x280 , 2(538).png )
16357
"Hmph. Fine, I'll ask someone else."

I'll press on ahead towards the cousins and the arbor. Perhaps if I pass the message onto them, I'll be left to my own devices prior to reading the will.
>> No. 16358 edit
File 141002305836.png - (374.13KB , 640x480 , rose_g1ar.png )
16358
>>16357
You eventually make it up to the garden and can see the usual sights of the island. The cousins are in the arbor as expected. Reinon is lagging slightly behind and walking up the stairs to the garden.
>> No. 16359 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16359
I'll look back, and check if I'm still within sight of Reinon. If so, I'll approach the arbor. If not, I'll head towards the guesthouse.
>> No. 16360 edit
File 139133109575.png - (289.59KB , 640x480 , g1f_p1b.png )
16360
>>16358
You find Reinon to be out of sight from where you are standing, so you quickly head off to the guesthouse.

After a few minutes you find the building and enter. You don't hear anybody inside from where you are.
>> No. 16361 edit
File 138323602079.png - (68.82KB , 480x280 , 2(543).png )
16361
I'll go towards the servant's room and listen at the door. Is anyone inside?
>> No. 16362 edit
File 139475617258.png - (286.11KB , 640x480 , m_door2.png )
16362
>>16361
You do not hear anyone inside.
>> No. 16364 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16364
I'll go in, and look for a pen, some paper, and a plain-looking envelope.
>> No. 16365 edit
File 140860479541.png - (350.99KB , 640x480 , g1f_r1a.png )
16365
>>16364
You find a pen and paper. No envelopes laying around though.
>> No. 16366 edit
Experimentally, I see if it's possible to fold the paper, and insert it into the envelope containing the will without breaking the seal.
>> No. 16367 edit
File 140995998926.png - (217.75KB , 640x480 , letter1.png )
16367
>>16366
You find it to be impossible, not because of some mysterious force, but the envelope simply doesn't allow it.
>> No. 16368 edit
File 138323602079.png - (68.82KB , 480x280 , 2(543).png )
16368
I'll unplug the phone, and quickly look around for any keys that might have been left behind by the servants.
>> No. 16369 edit
File 140686634591.png - (318.94KB , 640x480 , g1f_r1bn.png )
16369
>>16367
You unplug the phone, but fail to find any keys lying around.
>> No. 16370 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16370
I'll pocket the pen and paper from earlier, and head back out into the hallway.

Last edited at 14/09/06(Sat)11:59:24
>> No. 16371 edit
File 139133109575.png - (289.59KB , 640x480 , g1f_p1b.png )
16371
>>16370
You pocket your items and go back into the hallway.

Still no sign of anyone.
>> No. 16372 edit
File 137661988379.png - (67.89KB , 480x280 , 2(535).png )
16372
I'll hurry upstairs, and look for Battler's luggage in the guest room. If I hear anyone enter, I'll make a dash for the bathroom.
>> No. 16373 edit
File 139475617258.png - (286.11KB , 640x480 , m_door2.png )
16373
>>16372
You head upstairs and find the cousin's room to be locked.
>> No. 16374 edit
File 140999601222.png - (65.37KB , 480x280 , 2(549).png )
16374
"Of all the rotten luck..."

I'll head back downstairs, leave the guesthouse, and head towards the mansion.

Last edited at 14/09/06(Sat)12:18:55
>> No. 16375 edit
File 140658858792.png - (121.93KB , 343x452 , rg4_fumana1.png )
16375
>>16372
You leave the guesthouse and head back to the mansion. On the way you spot Reinon, who doesn't look very pleased.

"Mister Byakuya, I realize you are tired by I insist you follow me to the mansion at once. The family has been waiting all day."
>> No. 16376 edit
File 137645756048.png - (75.71KB , 480x280 , 2(538).png )
16376
"My apologies, but when nature calls, one must answer. Perhaps furniture are used to relieving themselves outdoors, but the more civilized of us prefer to use a restroom. Shall we?"

As tempting as it is to get Reinon into trouble, I'll enter the mansion.
>> No. 16377 edit
File 140857681179.png - (257.66KB , 640x480 , rise_ev14.png )
16377
>>16376
With that quick remark you leave Reinon in the dust again and enter the mansion. As you expected the feeling once more washes over you.

(̧̡̢͙̮̯̞̰̅ͭ̔̿ͨ̌ͦ̒̅͂̈́ͧͨ̒ͨ̋͌͌*̛̘̮͍̖͓̦͙̙͎̻͕́̅͌ͮ͋͌͒̇͋ͩͬƠ̯͍̤̹̹̗̯̦̎ͭ̅ͪ̌̓̕͠͝ͅu͌̾̐̄
̧̜̟͉͈̦͚̪̫̜̠͔͆]̢̞̳̭̮̣̞ͥ̋͊̈́ͭ̈́͋ͥ̈́ͧ̒̔̀̅̈́́̀̕͠͞'̶̢̧̨̞͈̙͖̺͎̬̭̥̱̠̙̟́́̈͂̒͒͆͡2̏͂ͭ̀̓͛̈́͑
̡̙͈̫̭̾̅ͤͭ͑́ͧ̿́͝3̡̲̜̲͚̺͍̤̝̱͔̳̗͙ͫͬ̾̈ͧ͒̌́̉̎̃͂ͤ̉ͨͭͫ́͞ͅr̋́ͧ̀҉̵̭̦͍̥̼̫̺̬̣̮͔͔͡͡ó̡́ͦ
̸͝҉͙͍̗̯͔[̶̴̭͍̫͕̣̻̙̜͇̘̭͕͉͇̈̈́ͧ͐ͧ͌ͥͮ̎ͩ̓ͥ́ͦ̚̚͟]͖̳͙̪̥̺̞̗̱̻̳̒͆͑͑̋̇̂̉͊͛̽́̚*̧̨ͧͫ̐͜͟͡
̼͉̼s̶̶̄ͭ͂̃͐͡͏̱̰͚̩̻̺̲̺̞̺*̡̖̞̻͖̼͎̤͈ͧͨ͑ͩ͒ͭ̚̕͘͞ͅ#̷̹͉͈͈̮ͥͪͨͨ̅ͣ̄̓̎͂̊ͧ́̕͝͝uͤͨͯͣ̎̓͑̃
̢͓͈̲̤̲͈͇̬͖̺̟̰̼̀̾̋̍̾͐͘͝͝x̸̫̪͉͕͚͖ͪ̓́ͣͩͤͬͮ̿ͧͯ̌ͤ̃̓ͭ̉̎ͩ͜͢&̨̢̩͚̞̮̩̲͎̲͉̗͖̦̺̼ͩ̾ͦͦͫ́
̳*̸͔̱̱̜̤̜͍̍ͦ̆̅͆̔ͭ̀͟͞@̶̶̢̦̻̝̤̖͇̅͛̄͆̊̓ͭ̏


You hardly pay attention at this point, for you know it is the same. You are now in front of your room like always. Time has passed, and once again you have lost the smaller envelope.
>> No. 16378 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16378
As soon as I come to, I'll leave the guesthouse and head for the mansion.
>> No. 16379 edit
File 140656459432.png - (461.07KB , 640x480 , rise_ev7.png )
16379
>>16378
You head off to the mansion as you are custom to. After passing through the doors you are shown the same display which you have seen many a time.

The girl you have rarely seen dead lately comes down the starts and quickly speaks, "Mister Byakuya, I wasn't here. If Genji comes looking please don't tell him you saw me." She then hides in the closet.

Genji comes down the stairs and asks you a question you all but know the answer to, ""Pardon the inquiry, but have you seen any of the other servants recently?"
>> No. 16380 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16380
I open the closet.
>> No. 16381 edit
File 139025227296.png - (349.24KB , 640x480 , mhal_2a.png )
16381
>>16378
With hardly a second to react Genji snatches her up and takes her way. Of course you can still tell she is scowling at you however.

After they leave Asune walks out of the kitchen and walks by. You are standing in the main hall currently.
>> No. 16382 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16382
I'll head upstairs, and see if any of the bedrooms up there are open.
>> No. 16383 edit
File 140726158916.png - (323.97KB , 640x480 , m2f_p1b.png )
16383
>>16382
Upon reaching the second floor and investigating the bedroom doors to you find two of which to be unlocked. Those belong to Krauss and Jessica.
>> No. 16384 edit
File 141003411248.png - (66.35KB , 480x280 , 2(536).png )
16384
I'll knock on Jessica's door.
>> No. 16385 edit
File 138957357568.png - (339.38KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
16385
>>16384
You do so and get no response.
>> No. 16386 edit
I'll open the door, but refrain from actually entering the room.
>> No. 16387 edit
File 14100342862.png - (489.38KB , 640x480 , mjes_1an.png )
16387
>>16386
You open the door and let it extend until you can see the room.

Looks as you would expect. You cannot see anyone inside. You also take note of the envelope on the bedside table.
>> No. 16388 edit
File 138317815144.png - (65.88KB , 480x280 , 2(541).png )
16388
I enter, close the door and lock it behind me. Then I'll double-check to make sure no-one else is in the room. Finally, I'll remove the bulb from the lamp.

Last edited at 14/09/06(Sat)13:15:22
>> No. 16389 edit
File 141003456785.png - (532.81KB , 640x480 , mjes_1e.png )
16389
>>16388
You do all of these actions without issue.
>> No. 16390 edit
File 138323602079.png - (68.82KB , 480x280 , 2(543).png )
16390
I open the envelope, and read the contents.
>> No. 16391 edit
File 140995998926.png - (217.75KB , 640x480 , letter1.png )
16391
>>16390
You find that the envelope was exactly as you found during the last round. Empty.
>> No. 16392 edit
File 141003490120.png - (66.89KB , 480x280 , 2(546).png )
16392
"... Well, waste not want not."

I'll write up the letter from the witch from the previous round, and store it in the envelope. Then I'll unlock the room, and peek out to make sure no-one's in the hallway.

Last edited at 14/09/06(Sat)13:22:44
>> No. 16393 edit
File 139475617258.png - (286.11KB , 640x480 , m_door2.png )
16393
>>16392
You create your fake letter and prepare it how you want.

You hear someone walking outside the door, but it slowly dies down as it gets further away. Upon opening the door you find nobody in the hallway.
>> No. 16394 edit
File 14100353061.png - (68.78KB , 480x280 , 2(544).png )
16394
I'll re-lock the door, and give the room a quick search for the letter or some sort of diary. Under the bed, drawers, all the usual hiding places.
>> No. 16395 edit
File 141003535118.png - (518.79KB , 640x480 , mjes_1cn.png )
16395
>>16394
You fail to find either of those things in the room.
>> No. 16396 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16396
I'll check the hallway again. Assuming no-one's there, I'll leave the room, close the door, and knock on Krauss' door.

Last edited at 14/09/06(Sat)13:30:44
>> No. 16397 edit
File 139098266640.png - (240.48KB , 640x480 , m2f_p1ar.png )
16397
>>16396
You see nobody in the hall so you exit and move over to the other door. Upon doing so however you hear someone walking softly down from the third floor.
>> No. 16398 edit
File 14100358737.png - (75.69KB , 480x280 , 2(545).png )
16398
I'll hide in the doorway if possible, or wherever's shielded from view from the staircase, and try to catch a glimpse of who's coming down.

If there's nowhere to hide, I'll proceed to knock on the door as if I've failed to notice them.
>> No. 16399 edit
File 133075966618.png - (94.09KB , 285x469 , kir_futekia1.png )
16399
>>16398
You find it impossible to hide in time so you knock on the door. You fail to get a response from the door.

Kyrie comes down the stairs and notices you. "Hello Byakuya," she says with an inquisitive smile,"What are you up to?"
>> No. 16400 edit
File 137661988379.png - (67.89KB , 480x280 , 2(535).png )
16400
"Ah, Kyrie. I could ask you the same question. How about a trade? I tell you what I've dug up looking for Jessica, and you tell me what you found up in the study. Sound fair?"
>> No. 16402 edit
File 141003634154.png - (94.25KB , 285x469 , kir_komarua1.png )
16402
>>16400
"Oh so you are looking for Jessica? I take it she wasn't in her room then?"
>> No. 16403 edit
File 141003490120.png - (66.89KB , 480x280 , 2(546).png )
16403
"... You've got me there. No, she's not in her room."
>> No. 16404 edit
File 133075461431.png - (93.25KB , 285x469 , kir_nayamua1.png )
16404
>>16403
"... I see, I wonder where she could be..." she says with a contemplative look.
"Well I'm sure she will turn up when she wants to be found. Nice talking with you, I'm going to head back now." she turns away and begins to head back down the staircase.
>> No. 16405 edit
File 138317815144.png - (65.88KB , 480x280 , 2(541).png )
16405
"You seem awfully quick to pass up on my offer, Kyrie. Perhaps I can tempt you with this? I'm sure the discussion won't be going anywhere without Jessica present, after all."

I'll produce the forged letter, making sure to hold it close.
>> No. 16406 edit
File 133076033588.png - (94.01KB , 285x470 , kir_majimea1.png )
16406
>>16405
Kyrie sees the letter and pauses for a moment.

"I take it that you got that from Jessica's room?"
>> No. 16407 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16407
"The question you should be asking is 'Is that the letter that Jessica took?' The answer to that would be yes. How I obtained it is irrelevant."

I take the letter out of the envelope, to prove it's not empty.

"... Changed your mind? If you're not interested, I could always go look for Eva, I suppose."
>> No. 16408 edit
File 140726158916.png - (323.97KB , 640x480 , m2f_p1b.png )
16408
>>16407
"Heh, I suppose a trade might be possible. Although I must ask, why do you think I was in the study anyway?"
>> No. 16409 edit
File 138323602079.png - (68.82KB , 480x280 , 2(543).png )
16409
"You came down the stairs from the third floor. I seem to recall that the entire floor functions as Kinzo's study, right? Either you were in his study, or simply lingering on the landing. Somehow, I doubt the latter to be true."
>> No. 16410 edit
File 141003634154.png - (94.25KB , 285x469 , kir_komarua1.png )
16410
>>16409
"So you are familiar with the layout of the mansion? Well in any case, what do you want to know?"
>> No. 16411 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16411
"I procured a map shortly after I arrived from one of the servants' rooms.

For a start, you can tell me how you got in. I believe there's some sort of auto-locking mechanism on the door, am I wrong? To bypass that, you'd either need a master key, or the room key itself."
>> No. 16412 edit
File 133075625891.png - (93.35KB , 285x470 , kir_waraia2.png )
16412
>>16411
Kyrie stays silent for a moment.

"That... is a secret. However if you show me the contents of the envelope I'll answer your questions, and something else. Something that is confusing you greatly I assure you."
>> No. 16413 edit
File 138317815144.png - (65.88KB , 480x280 , 2(541).png )
16413
"... I'll give it to you in good faith. I've memorized the contents, so it's not much use to me anyway."

I make to give her the envelope, before pausing.

"I believe there's a saying in the Ushiromiya family about hallways being like public highways. Perhaps we could go somewhere where we'll be less likely to be disturbed?"
>> No. 16414 edit
File 13307559787.png - (93.89KB , 285x471 , kir_majimea2.png )
16414
>>16413
"Hmm, perhaps if this takes any longer..." she says mischievously.

She opens up the letter and her expression turns serious. After a few moments it seems like she has finished and she turns back to you.

"There is something interesting about this letter, more than just what is being said. I think there is some sort of anagram hidden inside. Do you have a pen I can use?"
>> No. 16415 edit
File 137661988379.png - (67.89KB , 480x280 , 2(535).png )
16415
"I'm afraid I don't. Perhaps there'll be one in one of the bedrooms?"
>> No. 16416 edit
File 141003933952.png - (496.52KB , 640x480 , mjes_1b.png )
16416
>>16415
"Alright, perhaps Jessica's is unlocked?"

The two of you enter the room and Kyrie is able to locate a pen. She starts to write on the letter and eventually she holds it up to you. You see the letters "vlqjoh wuxwk"

"Hmm, I thought I was on to something... Any idea what that means?" she says and holds out the pen.
>> No. 16417 edit
File 138317815144.png - (65.88KB , 480x280 , 2(541).png )
16417
I look at the sheet of paper for a few moments, ignoring the pen, before smiling knowingly.

"It's a Caesar shift cipher. If you shift the letters three places backwards in the alphabet, you get 'single truth'. I don't see why those letters in particular are important, though."
>> No. 16418 edit
File 133075625891.png - (93.35KB , 285x470 , kir_waraia2.png )
16418
>>16417
She lets out a small laugh, "You are right, they don't mean anything."
>> No. 16419 edit
File 14100353061.png - (68.78KB , 480x280 , 2(544).png )
16419
"... Is that all, then? I must admit, I expected more."

If she has nothing else to say, I'll hurry back into the hallway,
>> No. 16420 edit
File 141004103066.png - (94.81KB , 285x469 , kir_waraia1.png )
16420
>>16419
Before you leave she speaks up.

"You misunderstand. Sorry for playing with you, but the conference had gotten rather trite. That was the only reason I went to look for Jessica in fact.

I had actually found this empty envelope before heading upstairs just like you. Of course I never entered the study seeing how you need a key like you said. Upon coming down I found that you filled the envelope with your own letter, isn't that right?"
>> No. 16421 edit
File 14100358737.png - (75.69KB , 480x280 , 2(545).png )
16421
I lean back and shrug.

"It looks like I'm no match for a detective like you. Yes, I came looking for the letter too, and then replaced it with this one when I found the envelope to be empty. The letter itself is one I found slipped under the door to my room upon my return to the guesthouse. It means nothing to me, so I figured I'd have a little fun myself with it.

So, with that out of the way, I have to ask; who were you expecting to catch coming out of Jessica's room?"
>> No. 16422 edit
File 141003634154.png - (94.25KB , 285x469 , kir_komarua1.png )
16422
>>16421
"Catch? Nobody. I was looking for Jessica remember. Anyway if there is nothing else I should be returning now."
>> No. 16423 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16423
"I see. Well, thank you for your time, Kyrie. It's been fun."

I'll go outside, make a show of knocking on Krauss' door until she leaves, then assuming it's still not locked, I'll push it open like I did with Jessica's room the first time.
>> No. 16424 edit
File 139076866629.png - (337.88KB , 640x480 , mlib_1e.png )
16424
>>16423
Kyrie leaves and heads down the stairs. You then go over and enter Krauss's room.

You vaguely remember looking into the room before. There is a large bed with small table beside it. A coffee table with two chairs around it. There is also a wardrobe and a very dressers alongside a small closet. From what you can tell it seems rather empty.

You see nobody in the room.
>> No. 16425 edit
File 138323602079.png - (68.82KB , 480x280 , 2(543).png )
16425
Rather than head in, I'll first go and knock on the door to Krauss' study.
>> No. 16426 edit
File 138957357568.png - (339.38KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
16426
>>16425
For once you get a response, "Whoever it is I'm done talking for the night!"

Seems like Krauss is there.
>> No. 16427 edit
File 137661988379.png - (67.89KB , 480x280 , 2(535).png )
16427
"My apologies for disturbing you. It's Togami, and I have a few things that need signing regarding the will. I don't suppose you have any idea where your daughter is?"
>> No. 16428 edit
File 133084214490.png - (104.74KB , 439x480 , kla_majimea1.png )
16428
>>16427
After a pause, he responds without opening the door. "No I don't. We have another whole day together, you can get signatures then, for it is late."
>> No. 16429 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16429
I go over my search of Jessica's room in my head quickly. Do I remember seeing her inhaler anywhere in the room?
>> No. 16430 edit
File 141004387218.png - (482.26KB , 640x480 , mjes_1dr.png )
16430
>>16429
You don't remember seeing it, however there were a few drawers that you take a double look through and locate the inhaler. You pocket it.
>> No. 16431 edit
File 140999601222.png - (65.37KB , 480x280 , 2(549).png )
16431
Seeing as I've got nothing better to do, I'll head downstairs, then make my way back to the guesthouse for now.
>> No. 16432 edit
File 130837474663.png - (72.87KB , 321x480 , rud_defa1.png )
16432
>>16431
You reach the first floor and notice that the parlor is empty now. The front doors are open and you can see Rudolf having a smoke outside in deep thought.

When leaving the mansion he notices you, "Ah, hey. Heading off to sleep?"
>> No. 16433 edit
File 141003411248.png - (66.35KB , 480x280 , 2(536).png )
16433
I stop to have a talk with Rudolf.

"It's tempting. I've been trying to find Jessica, but she's done a good job of hiding herself away this evening. Neither myself nor Kyrie have seen hide nor hair of her. It's probably better to try again in the morning."
>> No. 16434 edit
File 132917740938.png - (72.61KB , 321x480 , rud_nayamua1.png )
16434
>>16433
"I see, sorry to say I haven't seen her either. She might be over with the kids, I was going to go check on them myself, but, well..."

He seems lost in thought.
>> No. 16435 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16435
"Sounds to me like you've got something heavy on your mind. Did something troubling crop up during the conference?"
>> No. 16436 edit
File 131250851398.png - (73.26KB , 321x480 , rud_majimea1.png )
16436
>>16435
"…Well, its not that,” he starts before looking up to the sky and taking another drag, “You see... I’m having troubles with my son. I don’t know if you have heard, but he has been living with other relatives for a number of years since I remarried. In fact this conference is the first time I’ve seen him in all that time.”
>> No. 16437 edit
File 14100353061.png - (68.78KB , 480x280 , 2(544).png )
16437
"I'd heard rumors, but then again there are so many circulating about this family it's impossible to know for certain. Regardless, I can imagine it being difficult for both parents, missing their son growing up. Reforging a bond with him must be quite trying."
>> No. 16438 edit
File 141004518338.png - (486.28KB , 640x480 , rise_ev15.png )
16438
>>16437
“Exactly... It’s frustrating you know? Sometimes I just want to grab his stupid head and force him back… My wife insists that I need to let him come back on his own though. I don’t know if it’s just me or if he hates Kyrie as well... Either way I’m going to trust her judgement for now. If it wasn’t for her I would have been in there with others fighting like starving animals after all…”

Following another drag he seems to realize he has been dumping this all on you. “Ah… I’m sorry for rambling. How unmanly, I guess it just came gushing out.”
>> No. 16439 edit
File 138317815144.png - (65.88KB , 480x280 , 2(541).png )
16439
"I'd be inclined to trust her; from what I've seen, she's an exceedingly clever woman. And please, don't worry about it.

... I must confess though, that last statement intrigues me. I was under the impression that the headship and the fortune were hotly contested amongst all the siblings. Were I in the running, I know I'd be fighting for it with the best of them."
>> No. 16440 edit
File 141004605621.png - (544.63KB , 640x480 , m_o1ar.png )
16440
>>16439
"Ah that makes sense. You see when Battler left, I was pretty much bankrupt. Its a long story, but essentially Kyrie was able to pull my company, and in turn myself, out of debt. Father didn't really like my last wife, so you can imagine he was pleased with Kyrie, being both smart and from a family with status. Honestly I'm here for Battler and formality sake, some money on the side would be nice but I am fine without it."

He stomps out his cigarette butt and finishes by saying, "Well anyway, thanks for the chat. I should head off to sleep."
>> No. 16441 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16441
"Likewise. Good luck with your son."

I'll head over to the guesthouse.
>> No. 16442 edit
File 141004634852.png - (263.68KB , 640x480 , g1f_p1bn.png )
16442
>>16441
You head over the guesthouse once again and enter the building. Upon entering you can hear one of the servants in the servant room.

Otherwise the halls are empty.
>> No. 16443 edit
File 141003411248.png - (66.35KB , 480x280 , 2(536).png )
16443
I head over to the servants' room, and check to see who's in there.
>> No. 16444 edit
File 140857513117.png - (120.55KB , 343x448 , rg4_hohoemia2.png )
16444
>>16443
You see Reinon inside. She doesn't notice you.
>> No. 16445 edit
File 138317815144.png - (65.88KB , 480x280 , 2(541).png )
16445
"Reinon. Have you heard anything from the cousins since I left, or had any orders from them?"
>> No. 16446 edit
File 140936026589.png - (117.09KB , 343x445 , rg4_majimea1.png )
16446
>>16445
"Oh hello." She tells you that they haven't called or ordered tonight yet.
>> No. 16447 edit
File 138323602079.png - (68.82KB , 480x280 , 2(543).png )
16447
"I see. Thank you."

I'll then head over to the lobby, take the milk from the fridge, and pour two glasses of milk. I'll then take them upstairs, and knock on the cousins' room.
>> No. 16448 edit
File 140656286664.png - (391.89KB , 640x480 , g2f_r1br.png )
16448
>>16447
"Ah, just a second." You hear George say.

The door opens up and you see the cousins packing away cards and other games. You also notice Jessica who puts down the phone as if she was about to make a call.

"Oh, did you over hear us talking? You didn't have to go out of your way like that," she says, referring of course to the milk you brought.
>> No. 16449 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16449
"No trouble at all. Am I right in thinking it was only Ange who wanted a drink?"
>> No. 16450 edit
File 137351179859.png - (89.38KB , 222x379 , en2_defa2c.png )
16450
>>16449
"That is right." Jessica responds. Ange then sheepishly mumbles something, presumably asking for you to hand her the milk.
>> No. 16451 edit
File 137661988379.png - (67.89KB , 480x280 , 2(535).png )
16451
"..."

I kneel and offer her one of the glasses.
>> No. 16452 edit
File 141004831919.png - (123.96KB , 370x464 , jes_waraia2.png )
16452
>>16451
She carefully takes the glass and scurries away. She then takes a few gulps and displays her unintentionally milk-moustache. "Thanks you mister." she smiles back at you.

After that it seems like they are getting ready to sleep, "Anyway, good night Byakuya. See you in the morning." Jessica states.
>> No. 16453 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16453
"Good night, everyone."

I'll head back to my room, down the milk, and go to sleep.
>> No. 16454 edit
File 140687690774.png - (4.55KB , 640x480 , black.png )
16454
>>16453
You do so and quickly fall asleep.

-----
----
---
--
-End of the First Night-
--
---
----
-----
>> No. 16455 edit
File 140857740496.png - (425.14KB , 640x480 , g1f_r2br.png )
16455
>>16454
You wake up in a nice bed for once. You body finds the change to be pleasant.

Jumping out of bed you can hear who you presume to be the cousins leaving the guesthouse.

With the first night over... who knows what awaits you this time around.
>> No. 16456 edit
File 137661988379.png - (67.89KB , 480x280 , 2(535).png )
16456
Before following them, I'll do a quick check to make sure nothing in my room has changed. If everything's normal, I'll try to catch up to them.
>> No. 16457 edit
File 141009999415.png - (410.34KB , 640x480 , rose_1d.png )
16457
>>16456
You look around your room and find nothing to be different. Upon leaving the guesthouse you catch a glimpse of Reinon in the servant room.

You try to catch up to them and eventually achieve that once you directly in front of the mansion. Battler, Jessica, George, and Ange all politely greet you good morning.

"Woah, what is the rush? Are you that hungry Byakuya?," chuckles Battler jokingly.
>> No. 16458 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16458
"If it's Gohda's cooking, then it's worth running for, I'd say.

I don't suppose any of you heard from the adults after I retired for the night?"
>> No. 16459 edit
File 139106732248.png - (331.70KB , 640x480 , mhal_2an.png )
16459
>>16458
"I don't think so?" Battler questions in regards to seeing the adult. The rest of them also have the same response.

"Well everyone should be waiting in the dining room anyway." he says to finish. You have moved to the main hall in this time and they are continuing to the dining room.
>> No. 16460 edit
File 138323602079.png - (68.82KB , 480x280 , 2(543).png )
16460
"Somehow, I get the nagging feeling that won't be the case."

I'll follow them into the dining room.
>> No. 16461 edit
File 141010982233.png - (431.66KB , 640x480 , mdin_1bn.png )
16461
>>16460
You enter the dining room and find Rosa, Eva, Natsuhi, and Hideyoshi already there. After a short greeting to you and the cousins you sit down with the rest of them.

After a few minutes Kyrie and Rudolf enter and take their place as well.

Soon you hear the sound of carts and Gohda and Sanon enter the room with the food. They begin to prepare when the obvious queston you are so used to hearing is asked.

"Did Krauss sleep in?" Rudolf asks. Seems like despite all their money grabbing they still wish to have a meal with everyone at the table.

"I suppose he must, I will go and fetch him," Natsuhi explains as she gets up from her seat. She then begins to walk towards the door.
>> No. 16462 edit
File 141003411248.png - (66.35KB , 480x280 , 2(536).png )
16462
"... Well, if breakfast's delayed until we find Krauss, I may as well help."

I'll follow Natsuhi, assuming she heads to the second floor, and begin checking the rooms with her.
>> No. 16463 edit
File 141011085043.png - (355.58KB , 640x480 , surprise_bitch.png )
16463
>>16462
Before you and Natsuhi can leave however, someone walks around the corner and into the room.

BGM: Novelette

"Sorry I'm late, let us start," with a calm grin the man himself takes his seat. The servants quickly place the food on the table and everyone begins to eat after a short speech from Gohda. The atmosphere quickly turns... nice. Which needless to say is quite drastically different from what you are used to around this time.

You have yet to touch your food... You suppose you are still trying to get over your surprise.
>> No. 16464 edit
File 14100358737.png - (75.69KB , 480x280 , 2(545).png )
16464
I'll refrain from eating for now, and listen in on the conversation. If there's nothing interesting being discussed, I'll excuse myself, closing the door behind me, and check the servants' room.
>> No. 16465 edit
File 140860479541.png - (350.99KB , 640x480 , g1f_r1a.png )
16465
>>16464
You find any conversation (there is rather little) to be quite bland and you excuse yourself without eating. None of the family members seem to have a problem with this.

Shortly after leaving you go over to the servant room. The bell chimes as you enter. Currently nobody is inside.
>> No. 16466 edit
File 137661988379.png - (67.89KB , 480x280 , 2(535).png )
16466
I'll check the morning schedule for the servants, if there is one, and also see if the key box is open. Finally, I'll have a quick look at the mechanism for the door bell, to try and figure out how it works.

Last edited at 14/09/07(Sun)10:40:52
>> No. 16467 edit
File 140980598690.png - (309.46KB , 640x480 , g1f_r1br.png )
16467
>>16466
You find the key box to be locked. You learn nothing new about the bell that you haven't already learned in previous rounds. The schedule for the morning is as follows.

-

Sanon: Cooking and clean up with Gohda.

Gohda: Cooking breakfast and preparing for lunch.

Reinon: Once finished in guesthouse help with laundry.

Asune: Laundry in guestrooms.

Genji: General mansion assessment. Garden survey.
>> No. 16468 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16468
I'll leave the servants' room and head out into the rose garden to look for Genji.
>> No. 16469 edit
File 141011257979.png - (658.44KB , 640x480 , rose_1b.png )
16469
>>16468
You exit the mansion and head out into the rose garden.

From the arbor you can see most of it. In the distance there is some sort of shed. From where you stand you don't see anyone in the garden.
>> No. 16470 edit
I'll go and check the shed.
>> No. 16471 edit
File 141011279322.png - (281.85KB , 640x480 , warehous_o1a.png )
16471
>>16470
You walk over and find a nicely made shed in the corner off to the side hugging the forest. There is a single shutter door and a small window on the outside. However you find both to be closed and locked.
>> No. 16472 edit
File 138317815144.png - (65.88KB , 480x280 , 2(541).png )
16472
I'll take a quick look in through the window.
>> No. 16473 edit
File 141011319486.png - (403.44KB , 640x480 , warehous_i1e.png )
16473
>>16472
Looking in the window reveals a dark inside filled with a selection of different gardening tools and other objects. From what you can make out there are hedge trimmers, weedwackers, axes, various mulch and other materials like that.
>> No. 16474 edit
File 141011340494.png - (77.09KB , 480x280 , 2(539).png )
16474
I'll head back to the dining room in the mansion. Who knows, maybe someone's choked on their cereal.
>> No. 16475 edit
File 141010982233.png - (431.66KB , 640x480 , mdin_1bn.png )
16475
>>16474
You head back to the mansion and take a peek inside the dining room. Seems like they haven't quite finished eating yet, but they will be done soon.

They are perfectly fine, and all still there as far as you can tell.
>> No. 16476 edit
I'll go and check the laundry room/boiler room/whatever.
>> No. 16477 edit
File 139372402091.png - (248.09KB , 640x480 , mboi_1d.png )
16477
>>16476
You head down to the boiler room and find it unlocked as you would expect.

Inside is dark and stuffy as usual, but at least there isn't a corpse inside. Although you can't see them from the entrance where you stand you can hear the laundry machines working.
>> No. 16478 edit
File 14100353061.png - (68.78KB , 480x280 , 2(544).png )
16478
I'll go a little further in, and have a look around near the laundry machines.
>> No. 16479 edit
File 139372358328.png - (204.20KB , 640x480 , mboi_1a.png )
16479
>>16478
You delve further into the room and investigate the washing machines...You find them to be working normally. There are some baskets lying around like usual. Nothing to see here.
>> No. 16480 edit
File 140999601222.png - (65.37KB , 480x280 , 2(549).png )
16480
I'll leave the boiler room and go and check the guestrooms on the ground floor.
>> No. 16481 edit
File 140687690774.png - (4.55KB , 640x480 , black.png )
16481
>>16480
As you go to leave you hear someone walking down the stairs. Sounds like they are getting closer.
>> No. 16482 edit
File 14100358737.png - (75.69KB , 480x280 , 2(545).png )
16482
I'll head back towards the washing machines, out of sight of the stairs, and look for a weapon. Here's hoping I won't have to use it.
>> No. 16483 edit
File 140686769190.png - (138.50KB , 343x452 , rg7_hohoemia2.png )
16483
>>16482
You find a handsaw lying on the ground and snatch it up as you go hide around the corner.

As you wait the footsteps get closer and... Asune walks into the room carrying a laundry basket. She continues to walk closer to you, however you are currently still out of sight.
>> No. 16484 edit
File 137645756048.png - (75.71KB , 480x280 , 2(538).png )
16484
I'll put the handsaw down before rounding the corner.

"Asune. Have you seen Genji this morning?"
>> No. 16485 edit
File 141011949553.png - (138.73KB , 353x451 , rg7_odorokia3.png )
16485
>>16484
"Uwa!" she exclaims and drops the basket. "What are you doing down here? Guests aren't allowed in the basement." Seems like in her surprise she forget you asked a question.
>> No. 16486 edit
File 140999601222.png - (65.37KB , 480x280 , 2(549).png )
16486
I'll pick the laundry basket back up and hand it to her.

"Had I found Genji beforehand, I'm sure he would have informed me. Instead, I feel like I'm playing some silly game of cat and mouse. Have you seen him?"
>> No. 16487 edit
File 140970929488.png - (137.60KB , 343x451 , rg7_majimea1.png )
16487
>>16486
"I think I saw him going to the parlor earlier... Or was that Gohda... I'm not too sure, sorry." she takes the basket. "Anyway, like I said you shouldn't be down here."
She gestures for you to leave.
>> No. 16488 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16488
I'll leave and head over to the parlor.
>> No. 16489 edit
File 141012041124.png - (413.31KB , 640x480 , mhal_1ar.png )
16489
>>16488
You head upstairs and as you reach the main hall you can hear people moving about.

Looking above you can see all four the of the cousins heading upstairs. You also take note of Sanon entering the kitchen. At the other end you see Rudolf heading to his guestroom. You can hear the some of the other adults within the parlor at the moment.

Sounds like breakfast is finished and everyone is going about their day.
>> No. 16490 edit
File 137661988379.png - (67.89KB , 480x280 , 2(535).png )
16490
I'll go and follow the cousins for now. If they notice me, I'll just tell them I'm looking for Genji.
>> No. 16491 edit
File 140726158916.png - (323.97KB , 640x480 , m2f_p1b.png )
16491
>>16490
You walk up the staircase and happen to catch a glimpse of them entering Jessica's room, right as the door closes.
>> No. 16492 edit
File 138323602079.png - (68.82KB , 480x280 , 2(543).png )
16492
I'll look up and down the hallway. If it looks like no-one's coming, I'll listen at the door.
>> No. 16493 edit
File 138957357568.png - (339.38KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
16493
>>16492
You don't find anyone in the hallway and press your ear against the door.

"-ood was pretty good. I'm constantly surprised by Gohda's skill," states Battler's joyously.

George lets out a laugh, "I agree, we sure are lucky to have him."

They then go on to talk about school, and then suggest playing more cards. If you had to guess it seems they have just substituted the guestroom for this room as a hangout.
>> No. 16494 edit
File 140999601222.png - (65.37KB , 480x280 , 2(549).png )
16494
I'll head back downstairs to Rudolf's guestroom, and knock on the door.
>> No. 16495 edit
File 130837474663.png - (72.87KB , 321x480 , rud_defa1.png )
16495
>>16494
You head back downstairs and head over to Rudolf's room. As you pass through the hall you see Reinon return to the mansion.

After a quick knock on the door you hear, "Hold on a sec," and Rudolf opens the door to meet you face to face. "Oh, hey Byakuya. What's up?"
>> No. 16496 edit
File 138317815144.png - (65.88KB , 480x280 , 2(541).png )
16496
"Rudolf. I just wanted to check to see if I missed anything interesting during breakfast, and ask if you've seen Genji this morning."

I'll try to catch a glimpse of whoever else is in the room with him whilst I talk.
>> No. 16497 edit
File 132107719739.png - (72.69KB , 321x480 , rud_defa2.png )
16497
>>16496
"Hmm, not much really. It was pretty casual conversation, I suppose they got tired of talking about the inheritance and all that. As for Genji, no idea haven't seen him."

You don;t see anyone else in the room.
"I was actually trying to nap, didn't get enough sleep you see," he explains.
>> No. 16498 edit
File 14100353061.png - (68.78KB , 480x280 , 2(544).png )
16498
"I see. Well, I shan't keep you then."

I'll head over to the parlor for now, and see if anyone's there.
>> No. 16499 edit
File 139025227296.png - (349.24KB , 640x480 , mhal_2a.png )
16499
>>16498
You walk over to the parlor and take a peek inside. Eva, Rosa, Natsuhi, and Krauss seem to be there talking.

While you are looking in there you hear something down the hallway past the kitchen, sounds like someone moaning in pain.
>> No. 16500 edit
File 141011340494.png - (77.09KB , 480x280 , 2(539).png )
16500
"What's that?!"

I'll shout loudly to get everyone's attention, and head over in the direction of the noise as fast as I can.
>> No. 16501 edit
File 138986613844.png - (388.58KB , 640x480 , m1f_p1b.png )
16501
>>16500
The people in the parlor that heard you seemed to respond but you rush over to the source of the sound and find it to be the bathroom. From here you can clear tell it is Hideyoshi yelling.

"Hurgmmmmmmfp." sounds like he is in agony. You find the door be locked.
>> No. 16502 edit
File 141012310618.png - (79.35KB , 480x280 , 2(540).png )
16502
"Someone fetch a servant, there's one in the basement. Quick!"

In the meantime, I'll begin kicking at the door in an attempt to break the lock.
>> No. 16503 edit
File 139475617258.png - (286.11KB , 640x480 , m_door2.png )
16503
>>16502
"No, what are you doing? Stop it don't come in!" Hideyoshi cries, "I'm fine just leave!" Despite this however he once again yelps in pain.

Kicking the door doesn't seem to do anything.
>> No. 16504 edit
File 14100358737.png - (75.69KB , 480x280 , 2(545).png )
16504
"... You're not dying?!"
>> No. 16505 edit
File 138986613844.png - (388.58KB , 640x480 , m1f_p1b.png )
16505
>>16504
"What of course not!" He yells. I'm passing a fucking kidney stone you- ohhhh" he once again starts to yelp.

...That explains why nobody from the parlor came to your aid, they probably knew what was going on. Looks like all these repeats of mass murder have been getting to you.
>> No. 16506 edit
File 141012392776.png - (82.57KB , 480x280 , 2(547).png )
16506
"... This bloody island is getting to me."

I'll head upstairs and pay the cousins a visit. Looks like nothing's going to happen if I keep waiting on it.
>> No. 16507 edit
File 141012408239.png - (107.33KB , 356x470 , geo_defa1.png )
16507
>>16506
You head up stairs and enter Jessica's room. The cousins are all still there.

"Oh hello Byakuya. What are you up to?" George asks while putting down his hand of cards. Ange, Battler, and Jessica greet you as well.
>> No. 16508 edit
File 14100358737.png - (75.69KB , 480x280 , 2(545).png )
16508
"Trying not to have a heart attack. I thought your father was being murdered downstairs. Turns out it was just a kidney stone. I've come up here to catch a breather."

I'll take a seat, if one's available.
>> No. 16509 edit
File 140980370843.png - (119.73KB , 352x480 , but_defa3.png )
16509
>>16508
"Oh again? And here I thought he would manage without one." George says.

You take find a seat and quickly take it.

"We were playing old maid, want to play?" Battler asks of you.
>> No. 16510 edit
File 14100353061.png - (68.78KB , 480x280 , 2(544).png )
16510
"Judging by the family's total lack of reaction to his screams, I get the feeling this must be a regular occurrence..."

I'll join in.

"So, I don't suppose any of you have seen Genji this morning?"
>> No. 16511 edit
File 14097078922.png - (518.93KB , 640x480 , mjes_1cr.png )
16511
>>16510
It seems like none of them have seen Genji either. You play a few rounds of cards and you suddenly hear a couple of soft footsteps in the hallway. They then clearly go up once more flight of stairs to the third floor.

The cousin's don't seem to notice.
>> No. 16512 edit
"... Excuse me a moment. I think I heard something."

I'll head out, and up the stairs to the third floor.

If it's Genji, I'll get ready to punch him.
>> No. 16513 edit
File 141012521317.png - (317.32KB , 640x480 , m2f_p1d.png )
16513
>>16512
You head up the stairs and make it to the third floor. In front of the door to the study you see Eva and Kyrie standing without a word. It seems like they are waiting for something.

They do no notice you at this moment.
>> No. 16514 edit
File 138317815144.png - (65.88KB , 480x280 , 2(541).png )
16514
I'll approach them, making sure to keep quiet, and keep my voice low.

"What's going on? Is someone inside?"
>> No. 16515 edit
File 14101257878.png - (439.34KB , 640x480 , mlib_1cr.png )
16515
>>16514
They don't seem overly shocked by you sneaking up on them.

"You followed us? Well no matter," Kyrie explains,"Something was very wrong with Krauss, and I have a hunch we'll find just what it is inside the study."

You suddenly hear a smash of a window. Followed by footsteps within the study, finally the door unlocked and swings up. Rudolf is standing with with a dark grin.

"No sweat to it... Ah Byakuya is here too?"

The four of you enter the study and you look over the room remembering being here the last time. You don't see anything different in the main room, besides a broken window, however you recall there was also a bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette, closet, and a balcony as well.
>> No. 16516 edit
File 140992791421.png - (66.65KB , 480x280 , 2(537).png )
16516
"My lips are sealed."

I'll head over to Kinzo's desk and have a good rummage. There's bound to be a few items of interest there.
>> No. 16517 edit
File 13936149251.png - (333.43KB , 640x480 , sub_r1c.png )
16517
>>16516
You find Kinzo's desk to be completely locked. None of the drawers open.

You see Rudolf and Eva enter the bedroom and let out a gasp. You hear Rudolf mumble "...Jesus"

Kyrie quickly snatches up the phone after seeing inside the bedroom as well. You decide to take a peek as well and find what you have been looking for...

Genji lying dead on top of the bed. He seems to have some sort of head injury.
>> No. 16518 edit
File 140999601222.png - (65.37KB , 480x280 , 2(549).png )
16518
"... Well, no wonder I couldn't find him this morning."

I'll do a quick search of his clothes, and check for any other wounds. I'll then open his mouth and get a good look at his teeth.
>> No. 16519 edit
File 138820362973.png - (301.62KB , 640x480 , +blood_1b.png )
16519
>>16518
You find nothing on his person and the only wound appears to be the blunt trauma on his side of his head. You notice his clothing is rather ruffled up.
Looking at his teeth reveals they are indeed teeth.
>> No. 16520 edit
File 141012310618.png - (79.35KB , 480x280 , 2(540).png )
16520
Is there anything else in his mouth, or something attached to any of his teeth?
>> No. 16521 edit
File 140971380777.png - (306.68KB , 640x480 , bite.png )
16521
>>16520
Nope, just normal teeth in his mouth. Well and a tongue and other parts that you would normally expect.
>> No. 16522 edit
File 141002248963.png - (60.91KB , 480x280 , 2(548).png )
16522
I'll do a quick examination of the bedroom. Does anything appear out of place?
>> No. 16523 edit
File 140936807990.png - (454.01KB , 640x480 , mlib_1cn.png )
16523
>>16522
Nothing in particular looks out of place in the bedroom.

At this time there is a knock on the study door and Kyrie goes to open it. You see Krauss and Reinon enter the study. They both look rather worried.

BGM: Minute darkness

"What the hell happened," Eva exclaims to Krauss.

It is a pretty good question, and after the initial burst of inquiries from the others Krauss decides to tell you from the start.

"Last night when I was walking through the hallway I saw the light on in my daughter's room. I went inside telling her to go to sleep, but she wasn't there. I suddenly heard a yell from behind me, and turned around to find Genji trying to stab me with a knife. It was over in an instant, I threw him into the desk and I guess... it just happened to hit the wrong way. After that I found out Reinon was the one who yelled out at me."

"Yes," Reinon starts her story, "I was in the guesthouse as ordered, but then Rosa made a call saying there was nobody at the servant room in the mansion. So I walked over and got her some medicine like she asked... However, as I was there I saw Genji walking to the second floor and he was... different. Like, bloodthirsty... I followed him and as you have heard yelled out as he tried to sneak up on Krauss."

Kyrie takes this time to interrupt, "Hold it, why is he here then?"

Krauss, with an extremely guilty look continues, "I... I ordered Reinon to keep quite. We then moved the body up here using the key he had on his person... I still have it actually."

With all the questions answered, it takes a while to sink in. Eva mumbles something about getting George and Hideyoshi and leaves the study. A the moment nobody is asking any questions.
>> No. 16524 edit
File 14100353061.png - (68.78KB , 480x280 , 2(544).png )
16524
"Might I suggest that we move this conversation back downstairs? The atmosphere in here is a little morbid. We should leave this until the storm clears, and we can call the authorities."
>> No. 16525 edit
File 140987553372.png - (297.19KB , 640x480 , m2f_p1dn.png )
16525
>>16524
"That is probably the best course of action," You heard Kyrie say.

Suddenly, you feel a slight twinge in your chest. You recognize this feeling, however its not as painful. For some reason it feel as if... it is gradual this time. You look around as you hear some sound. Its the phone.

Kyrie picks it up, "Slow down, what?" if it was even possible, her face becomes more serious than it was a few seconds ago. "Where are you?" with that she slams down the phone.
"Kyrie, what is wrong?" Rudolf manages to ask as she opens the door.
"That was Sanon at the guesthouse, something has happened to Jessica... She has been injured."

With those words Krauss is galvanized into action an quickly leaves the study. He bumps into Battler who was standing outside of the door. Everyone else follows behind, you as well, however you're movements are sluggish. Battler comes up to you.

"What is going on? Are you ok?" he asks of you.
>> No. 16526 edit
File 14100358737.png - (75.69KB , 480x280 , 2(545).png )
16526
"I'll be fine... I just need some fresh air. Genji on the other hand..."

I'll make for the stairs as quickly as I can.
>> No. 16527 edit
File 141012041124.png - (413.31KB , 640x480 , mhal_1ar.png )
16527
>>16526
You move down the staircase quickly, hurting more with each step. Battler follows behind.

As you get down to the first floor you can see the group who left the study quickly leave through the main entrance. George, Ange, and Asune are standing in front of the parlor confused.

"Battler what is going on?" George calls out. Battler doesn't have much of a response.
>> No. 16528 edit
File 141011340494.png - (77.09KB , 480x280 , 2(539).png )
16528
"Asune, would you be so kind as to fetch me something to drink. I feel terrible."

I'll make my way outside and try to catch my breath. I'll make a show of using 'my' inhaler, and pass it to Battler after.

"Jessica suffers from asthma too, correct? She might need this. You can get there quicker than me."
>> No. 16529 edit
File 140980598690.png - (309.46KB , 640x480 , g1f_r1br.png )
16529
>>16528
Asune runs off at your request. George remains with her and Ange.

"Ah right," Battler says as he takes the inhaler. He then runs over to the guesthouse leaving you to your own devices.

Every step you take is agony. You continue to slow down, as if life itself is being drained from you.

You make it to the guesthouse and enter, inside you hear everyone inside the servant room. You take a look in and find the door to what you remember to be the boiler room open, and Gohda, Sanon, Reinon, and Rosa standing in the room with depressed looks.

You can hear yelling and arguing from the rest of the adults coming from the boiler room door.
>> No. 16530 edit
File 137645756048.png - (75.71KB , 480x280 , 2(538).png )
16530
"What's happened? Describe it to me. Quickly."

If I'm able to, I'll try to make it to the boiler room. If not, I'll sit down and wait for death Asune.
>> No. 16531 edit
File 138820362973.png - (301.62KB , 640x480 , +blood_1b.png )
16531
>>16529
You enter the door and quickly head down the dark staircase into the unknown. As you reach the end of the straight staircase you enter the room and find everyone else crowded into the small space.

The room appears to be a smaller version of the one in the mansion. Battler is closest to you and at the back where he has dropped to his knees and is simply staring. Krauss, Hideyoshi and Rudolf are standing solemnly off to the side. Eva and Natsuhi are yelling at each other.

You look around the room. There are various pipes here as well on the walls. On the left side is a small cabinet filled with various amounts of paper. On the right side there are the boilers and furnaces. Directly opposite of you... you see it. A large shelf filled with metal tools has fallen down, and under it you can see the top half of Jessica's body. Her head is torn up and arms clearly broken. A large puddle of blood has formed around the shelve and even has spread over to you. A loud sound of her broken windpipe is heard for the last time before it stops. Hammers, saws, nails, axes, and various other tools are scattered around her body and the shelf. At the very back corner of the room you can see a trap door that is currently closed.

You see Natsuhi and Eva yelling... what are they saying? You can't seem to hear it. They hold up a small square key and continue to yell. You manage to hear "how could it be in the room?" but you quickly slip further away.

You fall to the ground and succumb to your fate.

~~~~~
>> No. 16532 edit
File 141013258732.png - (138.01KB , 640x480 , bullet1c.png )
16532
>>16531
BGM: Protest
It continued to point at the man. Waiting for a response. With that action, the tables had turned.

The man started to laugh, or at least tried to in this voiceless place. With one hand he gave his response.

His hand. All give fingers held up to the creature. It implied others, not the man itself. The room trembled, the creature twitched. The one desire that had been revealed, disregarded like nothing.

The man picked up his bag. The creature stopped. The man was preparing to leave, to just walk out. It didn't like that and was preparing to strike.

Suddenly, the man swiftly turned around and slammed his foot on the chair. Reverberations filled the room and overpowered the tremors the creator had created. The walls starts to become blotches, started to peal. The darkness that seemed like a void which went on to eternity shattered. Piece of the fragile black scribbles on the wall fell around them; the prison was no longer voiceless.

"A pup like you doesn't even deserve my time," the man says as he swipes a match and lights a cigarette. "Do no fret, for like I said, Just five."

The man had instantly shattered the creatures reality, only a single piece remained. It was the ruler of this world, yet in a single second it had been defeated. The creature didn't understand how this could be.

With a quick step the man readjusted his coat and stretches with his bag in hand.
"Well then, back to that place I suppose."

With that he left that world, and entered one very familiar...
>> No. 16533 edit
File 14101328935.png - (348.62KB , 640x480 , so much writing.png )
16533
>>16532
"I open this game to fulfil a simple wish."


^͎̥̣ͩ̑̍̎̋^̨̙̳̖͎̝̫̘ͩ͒́̚̚̕ͅ#̝͉̣̯̺͓̬̦̯̑̎̅̍̄́"͐̾ͤͭͫ͏̺ͅ:̸̢̥̤ͫ̾ͤ̿}̲̹̬̭̥̺̣̱̊̿̚͝ͅ{̭̆́͂�
�͔͕̗̞̪͉͍"̤͉̦̭͉̫̪̖̉̎͜͢}̞̟̾̅


The difficulty is generous. After all there is no need to remember what it means to be human.
I wish you the best in bringing the culprit to justice."
>> No. 16534 edit
File 140843769975.png - (286.78KB , 640x480 , rise_ev13.png )
16534
>>16533
~~~~~

You awake. Your other leg gone already. At least you were spared the pain.

It has already finished eating, merely one thing remains.
"...rule..."

You feel it is more anxious this time, expecting more from you.
>> No. 16535 edit
File 14101344271.png - (72.04KB , 480x280 , 2(542).png )
16535
'The person who commits the murders' and 'the person planning the murders' are two separate people. Only one of these is the 'culprit' the previous rule refers to.

Last edited at 14/09/07(Sun)17:02:26
>> No. 16536 edit
File 141013501265.png - (67.47KB , 640x480 , blade8_2r.png )
16536
>>16535
The creature hesitates, but with a grin it dribbles out another red. You get the feeling this is some how generous.

"...Good enough. Murder is not exclusively reserved for the culprit. An accomplice is able to commit murder just like the culprit."

With your solid hit, you once again drift off, preparing for the last, and final round...
>> No. 16537 edit
File 141013509646.gif - (2.30MB , 639x352 , 4.gif )
16537
>>16536
>> No. 16539 edit
File 141013837282.png - (530.01KB , 640x480 , sea_3b.png )
16539
You fall back onto the boat. The last round is about to begin, and once more you change drastically.

Fifth Thread: Click Here
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason