[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 141030275755.jpg - (1.23MB , 1250x985 , seagulls.jpg )
16640 No. 16640 edit
Keeping with my tradition of hosting a shorter game before I begin a larger one, I'm creating this thread to challenge all of /seacats/ to a battle of wits. It's everyone that wants to play vs. me in this classic RP mystery!

The difficulty is ambiguous. The rules should become apparent as you begin playing.
Expand all images
>> No. 16641 edit
File 139562896497.png - (486.65KB , 640x480 , darksky.png )
16641
You find yourself crashing into another game-board. What kind of mystery has this world's witch prepared for you? Time to get ready for two days of horror, heart-ache, and mystery.

The first thing you see as your eyes adjust is the sky. Dark rain-clouds are rolling in from a distance. The fabled typhoon, the completion of this island's closed circle.

You feel a strange sense of weightlessness.
>> No. 16642 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
16642
>>16641
I survey the area. Try to get some sort of idea where I am exactly.
>> No. 16643 edit
File 139562896497.png - (486.65KB , 640x480 , darksky.png )
16643
You survey the area.

Your first instinct is to say that you're on Rokkenjima's beach, but that isn't exactly true. In fact, you're about thirty feet off the sandy ground and slowly gliding downwards. You feel your arms stretched out.
>> No. 16644 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
16644
>>16643
I see if I can fly around and try to locate the docks on the beach.
>> No. 16645 edit
File 141030457056.png - (412.10KB , 639x478 , island.png )
16645
You successfully start flying. After just a few moments, you see the dock come into view. It looks like the usual guests have just arrived on the island-- Battler's family (sans Ange), Rosa and Maria, and George's family. Jessica leads them off the boat while Genji greets them.

While flying around, you get a better idea of your form. You were wrong before. Your arms weren't outstretched-- your wings are. Below you, you find that you have two small talons instead of legs. You have white and grey feathers all over your small body.

The conclusion is obvious: you're the only remaining seagull on Rokkenjima.

Welcome to Ailment of the Golden Witch.
>> No. 16646 edit
File 141030644740.jpg - (113.04KB , 500x421 , seagull.jpg )
16646
>>16645
I fly up head and find the mansion. I then find a window to Kinzo's study and take a look inside. If nobody is inside I will try to open the window, breaking a hole with my beak if none of them are unlocked.
>> No. 16647 edit
File 141030750944.png - (678.74KB , 640x480 , scr_235.png )
16647
The study's ledge is covered with small spikes meant just to deter birds, making it impossible to perch properly. There's a thick, red curtain making it impossible to see inside. You try pecking while flying, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.
>> No. 16648 edit
File 141030773240.png - (20.04KB , 230x164 , seagull14.png )
16648
>>16647
I will circle the mansion to see if there is an open window I can fly into.
>> No. 16649 edit
File 141030789865.png - (801.64KB , 640x480 , scr_236.png )
16649
There are a few windows open on the first floor hallways and in the dining room. They let cool drafts in. Shannon is walking around the hallway while the dining room is empty.
>> No. 16674 edit
File 137659477517.png - (258.27KB , 406x480 , leo_1001.png )
16674
>>16649
If I understand well, we're all playing as the seagull ?
If so then I'll fly over the rose garden and snoop on the guesthouse afterwards.

Last edited at 14/09/10(Wed)02:03:10
>> No. 16675 edit
File 141036986874.png - (483.61KB , 640x480 , scr_237.png )
16675
You perch on a fence in the rose garden just in time for the family to arrive.

"Woah! The rose garden looks just as awesome as I remember!" says Battler. He takes in the sights. His enthusiasm extends to Maria, who skips around some flowers.

Jessica chuckles. Her face seems a bit pale. "Is the rose garden really something that great? I-- ahchoo!"

A sneeze interrupts her thought mid-sentence. Battler is caught in the splash radius, who moves to wipe the disgusting Jessica-snot off himself.

"Ihihihi, I didn't know Jessica was so gross."

"I didn't, I'm not--!"

Rosa offers a smile. "If you're sick, you didn't have to come get us, Jessica-san."

"No way! It's no problem. I'm not even sick, just sneezing a little."

The cousins decide to split to the guest house while the adults continue on to the mansion. Nobody seems to notice you.
>> No. 16676 edit
File 141037033250.png - (586.86KB , 640x480 , scr_238.png )
16676
You fly over to the guest house.

"Uu! Maria is a witch, so she knows awesome magic that can help Jessica feel better!"

"I'm a witch, too," Battler says. "Let me grab a magic bottle of cold medicine that will mysteriously stop you from dripping mucus everywhere you walk."

"I told both of you, I'm not sick! I've never been sick for a day in my life."

"Is that really true?" George asks.

"Of course. I may have had coughs or the occasional puking, but it's never anything that stopped me from going about my day like normal!"

With that, the cousins head inside the guest house.
>> No. 16677 edit
File 137678866942.png - (258.30KB , 406x480 , leo_1013.png )
16677
>>16676
Kind of hard to know what I should do. I'll get back to the mansion and try to find the kitchen. If there's a window into it, I'll crash into and make a mess inside.
>> No. 16678 edit
File 141039510952.png - (595.90KB , 640x480 , scr_239.png )
16678
You crash through the kitchen's window. It's far less fortified than the one to Kinzo's study, but your success doesn't come without consequences. You find a shard of the window caught in your leg when you enter. Still, that doesn't stop you from accomplishing your goal.

Gohda really keeps the kitchen in shape. Every single surface shines like a crystal. There's not a crumb or smudge to be seen. If you had to guess, you'd say that the floor of the kitchen is just as clean as the plates.

You start by knocking a cake bowl from a shelf. It smashes excitedly onto the tiled surface. Other plates and glasses follow, creating a symphony of shatters. Specks of glass on the ground almost look like snow in the dark room.

Your beak pecks a hole in a bag of flour which starts spreading over the counter and floors. A jar of honey follows and coats the flower with its sweet delight. The assortment looks lonely, so you open a silverware drawer and decorate the scene with metallic friends.

You're about to adorn the stage with more pleasantries, but you hear the sound of a single pair of footsteps running in your direction.

Last edited at 14/09/10(Wed)17:26:55
>> No. 16679 edit
File 141042325873.png - (258.95KB , 406x480 , leo_1021.png )
16679
>>16678
If there's an open door that is away from the path of the party-crasher I'll fly away at full speed while cackling like a hyena. If no such route exist I'll exit via the window I crashed, still cackling.

I'll also try to shake my leg to get the shard out.
>> No. 16680 edit
File 141046601027.png - (679.27KB , 640x480 , scr_240.png )
16680
You fly out of the kitchen's other door, which happens to be open. You soon reach the main hall, where you can hear some voices talking from behind the parlor door. It sounds like the adults.
>> No. 16681 edit
File 141049411166.png - (71.02KB , 385x415 , Mine12345678.png )
16681
>>16680

Being nosey, I’ll land on the floor and walk or wobble-given the shard being in my leg-closer to the parlor door.
>> No. 16682 edit
File 139579510939.png - (513.02KB , 640x480 , scr_241.png )
16682
As you move, the shard finally slips out of your leg. It doesn't seem to have caused any permanent damage.

You approach the parlor door.

"...if it's so much of a bother, why don't you just get Father to talk to us? He has a way of simplifying things."

"If I could do that, I would. Father has stated, in very simple terms, that he doesn't wish to be disturbed. He'll come down when he wants to."

"I don't see how seeing his only children is a disturbance. We didn't see him at all last year. What kind of siblings would we be if we didn't check up on his well-being?"

"If you want to march up to his study and pound on his door, be my guest. Just let him know that I did everything in my power to dissuade you."

You hear a servant's cart rolling from around the corner behind you. Shannon lets out a surprised shriek when she sees you. The parlor becomes silent.
>> No. 16683 edit
File 141050766249.png - (317.12KB , 614x480 , leo_1042.png )
16683
>>16682
I fall on the ground lamenting loudly and try to get her to understand I'm injured at my leg.
Bitch better be kind.
>> No. 16685 edit
File 141072992012.png - (467.60KB , 640x480 , scr_242.png )
16685
You wriggle on the ground dramatically while the parlor door swings open. The adults look down on you.

"Is that a seagull?" Rudolf asks.

"How did a bird get in the mansion?" Rosa asks.

"It looks like it's in some kind of pain," says Kyrie. "It might be best to euthanize it and move on."
>> No. 16707 edit
>>16685
I get up swiftly, distract kyrie for a short period of time by attacking her with my wings and then I'll fly out wherever I can.
I'll try to join the entrance of the mansion if possible, see if epitaph or something is there.

Last edited at 14/09/14(Sun)17:37:17
>> No. 16745 edit
File 141075898869.png - (379.17KB , 640x480 , scr_243.png )
16745
You flap your wings against Kyrie's face a few good times. She yelps in surprise and Rudolf lunges towards you, but you manage to evade his maneuvers and head for the main hall.

The epitaph and portrait of Beatrice is sitting there as always:

"...Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

As you're admiring the artistry of the portrait, a pair of large hands grab you from behind.

"I've got you now! Make a wreck of my kitchen and you'll feel true pain!"

Last edited at 14/09/14(Sun)22:36:15
>> No. 16786 edit
I do what I do best...
I crap all over Gohda's suit and hands as a defense mechanism, and start flapping wildly whilst making loud noises.
>> No. 16787 edit
File 141100070226.png - (515.35KB , 640x480 , scr_244.png )
16787
You expunge waste into Gohda's palms. He releases you in shock and you flap around wildly, making frightened sounds.

"Why, you little--! I'm going to make chopped stew out of you."

Gohda starts to race towards you, but a voice stops him short.

"Wait!"

Shannon runs around the corner and stands in your defense. "Gohda-san, please stop!"

The rest of the adults follow shortly behind her. Gohda, realizing his own monstrous state, recomposes himself.

"Ahh, my apologies. I was merely trying to rid everyone of a vermin."

"Please," Shannon says. "He's scared. All of the seagulls are gone because of the storm. He probably got separated from the rest. He's all alone."

"I don't care how 'alone' that bird is," says Krauss. "I want it out of this house."

"I'll take care of it!" Shannon insists. She puts her arm in the air towards you, apparently hoping that you'll land on it.
>> No. 16794 edit
>>16787
Jump into her arms.
>> No. 16801 edit
File 139562896497.png - (486.65KB , 640x480 , scr_245.png )
16801
You fly into Shannon's arms.

Krauss looks annoyed. "Just get that thing out of here."

Rudolf smirks. "I have to agree. Rats of the sky."

Gohda gives Shannon a glare, but he lets matters go and heads back to the kitchen. The adults return to the parlor while Shannon brings you outside. She cradles you in her arms.

The sky above Rokkenjima darkens. You hear thunder booming in the distance. Shannon notices it as well. She turns towards the storm clouds as if embracing them.

When she speaks, it takes a moment to realize that she's addressing you. "We're alone. We've been completely abandoned by those that should care about us. I know you're scared. I am, too. Tonight... many humans on this island will... I'm spinning my roulette. I'm going to let fate decide what happens. Don't worry. When this storm passes, the seagulls will cry once more."

You feel your senses fading. Sleep comes over you.
>> No. 16802 edit
File 141108159633.png - (554.00KB , 640x480 , scr_246.png )
16802
You wake up in the cousin's room on the second floor of the guest house. You're in some kind of cage, although you get the impression that you could easily unlock it from the inside.

You see Doctor Nanjo walk by in the hallway. He's wearing some kind of surgical mask.
>> No. 16803 edit
File 141108174775.png - (735.85KB , 1056x590 , seacatspowerlevel.png )
16803
>>16802
Carefully unlock the cage and follow the doctor on foot, attempting to be sneaky.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason