[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 142190092862.png - (656.49KB , 795x594 , wandering.png )
17282 No. 17282 edit
The wind screams as it sends shards of ice pelting into a defenseless face. It mutes a voice.

“… Where is ___?”

A thick crunch each time a new each leg enters the snow. They slowly delve deeper into the thicket. Branches start to hit their face, clearly they are not thinking about something so trivial.

“This ___ the ____...”

They race around, barely able to open their eyes let alone see anything but white. Stumbling, for hands provide little support.

____ must be _____ somewhere…”

They grab for something, a stick in the tree line, a branch, anything. Just to provide support a minute longer.

____!”

There … … …
Expand all images
>> No. 17284 edit
File 14101328935.png - (348.62KB , 640x480 , so much writing.png )
17284
I have opened this game for the simple sake of enjoyment. It’s been almost three years since our first full face off, and I was feeling a little reminiscent. Kinjo will be my only opponent.

The rules are simple: solve the mystery. Of course, unlike the last few games you have played in you don’t have the privilege of expecting a crime to happen. I expect common sense in regards to that.

The difficulty is indeterminable. Fate has never been more in your hands.

Note: Most, if not all the art used in this game was simply taken from a database without any regards to characters or what game they are from. I did however try to pick obscure enough ones that most readers wouldn't know said characters and in turn not be distracted. Additionally, this game takes place after, Repercussion. I have made sure minimal spoilers to that game will be in this one, for the sake of anybody who still wishes to read that old game or just want to skip straight to reading this one.
>> No. 17287 edit
File 142205441717.png - (2.21MB , 1200x900 , road.png )
17287
BGM: Cold

A soft crunch upon the snow repeats itself following the rhythm of your feet. The ground is so white and immaculate every intrusion of your stride felt like ruining a work of art. With a brisk pace you continue your trek through this forested trail.

With a heft you place your suitcase down and into the snow. So far you had been switching back and forth from carrying it by yourself or throwing it over your shoulder. Undecided if either or the other felt any more comfortable, taking breaks turned out to be the best course of action.

With your hands now resting on your hips, you puff clouds into the air. You look wearily towards your left leg. “This really isn't worth the length”, would be your normal thought in this situation. You look off behind you, the small peppering of prints in the trail you left behind.

Considering everything that happened, the longer it takes to get there, the better… Further away from that incident.
>> No. 17288 edit
File 139025776454.png - (144.37KB , 640x480 , note1.png )
17288
December 30th and 31st, 1989. The Rokkenjima Case.

Needless to say the events of those two days became stained in your mind. Everything seemed fine as you recovered in the hospital, but soon enough you learned there was more to come. Save the legal and political aspects, it turned out the media coverage was the real hassle; constantly being pestered for interviews and explanations. Getting verbally abused just walking down the street. In retrospect, given the magnitude of the case it was to be expected.

You have heard a large variety of phrases by now, “Ace Detective”, “Golden Con Artist”, “White Devil”, and “The Small Yet Large Box Whisper” to name a few. Whether it was in a good or bad light, people were talking about you just as much as the family members. Incidentally, you cut your ties with the remnants of them shortly after the incident. As promised you were paid a hefty sum of cash, more than originally anticipated to say the least.

It was then, when you finally considered to leave the city for a while, that the perfect offer came knocking on your door step.
>> No. 17289 edit
File 142205494833.png - (270.58KB , 640x480 , togdev1.png )
17289
>>17288
What you thought was yet another reporter trying to weasel his way into your apartment complex turned out to be an old acquaintance; Masato Ozawa. You met him originally years ago through one of your late father’s friends. You got along with him the few times you met, his laid back attitude and casual demeanor made him always feel like a distant relative if anything else. After mentioning your strife he informed you that he actually runs an inn during the summer located far out in a quite mountain village. During the winter hardly anyone visits seeing how much it snows.

With that settled you packed your bags and head off a few days later…
>> No. 17290 edit
File 142205502786.jpg - (158.19KB , 800x600 , rofedit.jpg )
17290
>>17289
Following your reminiscing, with your breath now caught, you continue up the slightly inclined hill. Your white figure moves slowly over the landscape, dressed in your usual attire. It blends into the background so easily you can imagine slipping past someone unnoticed with ease. Of course if something were to happen to you out here then they may walk over your body without even knowing as well. If not for the sign about 10 minutes back labelled “Nisekawa Village This Way” you would probably start to worry by now.

Giving one final push you creep over the top of the hill and finally catch the glimpse of your destination. A collection of tiny houses and snow filled rice fields in the distance. In addition to your relief you see Masato waving at you further down the road. Looks like you have arrived.
>> No. 17291 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
17291
>>17290
"Hey, Masato! I finally made it!"

I walk up to him.
>> No. 17292 edit
File 14220561751.png - (475.42KB , 800x597 , togdev2.png )
17292
>>17291
You make it over to the man as he puts on a grin.

"Had me worried for a moment. Welcome to Nisekawa Village, my place is a bit of a walk so I hope you aren't too tired yet, umm... "

He pauses for a moment. Oh, that's right, you professed to him that you would be using an alias while you were out here, for extra precaution. What was the name again?
>> No. 17293 edit
File 142207043788.png - (1.09MB , 1280x720 , call_me_jojo.png )
17293
>>17292
"You forgot already? It's 'Kintaro Shirozaki' (金太郎白崎). But everybody calls me 'Kinzaki'."
>> No. 17294 edit
File 142207103339.jpg - (126.58KB , 600x450 , rofwedit.jpg )
17294
>>17293
"Ahah right... Kinzaki how could I forget," he says with a forced grin as he clearly wonders how that is supposed to be anything but conspicuous.

"Well anyway, are you alright carrying that the rest of the way?" he states not before moving over onto the road leading into the village.
>> No. 17295 edit
File 130833580277.png - (143.89KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia2.png )
17295
>>17294
"If you don't mind helping... It's been a long walk."
>> No. 17296 edit
File 142207166212.png - (310.76KB , 561x415 , togdev3.png )
17296
>>17295
"The path sure is tough yeah." He takes your suitcase and holds it at his side with ease as the two of your walk down the road.

The cool breeze of the village greets your face and you take in the sights. At the moment there are a few rice fields with farm houses to the left and right of you two. In the distance you believe you can see a shrine, and maybe a bridge among the other houses. Its quite, incredibly so.

"See what I mean? Far away from the city, so much that I have troubles sleeping for the first few days without any background noise. Perfect right?"
>> No. 17297 edit
File 138718013054.png - (142.83KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia2.png )
17297
>>17296
"Yes, perfect. And it's really nice with all of the snow, too. I don't get much snow where I live, so it always makes me happy to see it. You'll have to show me around the village while I'm here."
>> No. 17298 edit
File 142207268095.png - (363.01KB , 556x436 , viledit1.png )
17298
>>17297
"Yeah that sounds good, we can do that after you get settled in. You probably need a rest."

The two of you come up to another house directly adjacent to the road and Masato halts suddenly.

"Ah, right I need to pick up something. I will just be a second." At glance you would say it looks like a small general store.
>> No. 17299 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17299
>>17298
I'll follow him in.
>> No. 17300 edit
File 14220736506.png - (242.62KB , 557x409 , togdev4.png )
17300
>>17299
The two of you enter the store. As you expected it is rather small, and you can`t discern any real specialty. You see bike tires, different types of confectioneries, silver polish, sewing needles, door locks, light bulbs, a pay phone and a bunch of other nick knacks.

Masato heads over to the desk where you find an old women kneeling at a counter. "Afternoon Kiyo, diligent as always are you?"

The women lets out a happy chuckle. "Just because we don`t get many visitors this season isn`t an excuse to slack off now ...Oh, who is your friend here?" She asks trying to adjust her glasses in order to get a better look at you.
>> No. 17301 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17301
>>17300
"I'm Kinj-- Kintaro Shirozaki. I'm staying with Masato here on vacation. Nice to meet you."
>> No. 17302 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17302
>>17301
"Ah how nice to come all the way out here... but look at you! Head all covered in snow. I should get you a towel," she says while starting to get up.

"Oh no," Masato raises his hands trying to explain, "That is actually just his hair you see..."

"Oh my, is that so? I`m sorry. Well... I can`t say I ever did approve of dyeing hair but if it makes you happy..." She says with a apologizing expression.
>> No. 17303 edit
File 140186488685.png - (128.58KB , 506x445 , 136605650264.png )
17303
>>17302
"It's my hair's natural color..."
>> No. 17304 edit
File 14220736506.png - (242.62KB , 557x409 , togdev4.png )
17304
>>17303
"My, how unique... Oh right," Kiyo says suddenly after getting up and then heads over to behind the counter. She comes back quickly with a jar of something. "Here you go"

"Your tsukemono always make the meal Kiyo, thanks." Masato says as he receives the jar from her. After he motions for you to head out,"We should be going actually..."

With a smile Kiyo finishes with "Don`t mention it. It`s the least I can do. Enjoy your stay Shirozaki."
>> No. 17305 edit
File 142207539122.png - (715.64KB , 684x796 , kinjo3.png )
17305
>>17304
"Thanks."

Time to get going again.
>> No. 17306 edit
File 142207550490.png - (238.65KB , 569x481 , roadupedit.png )
17306
>>17305
The two of you leave the shop and exit back into the cold air. The two of you continue down the road leaving the major rice fields and head to the more populated areas. You take note that despite the small size of the village at the very least there are power lines.

"Sorry about that. I now know what you mean when you said it was hard to not be noticed in the city."
>> No. 17307 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17307
>>17306
"Such is life. Sometimes I just want to relax, you know? So much attention can be too much to handle."
>> No. 17308 edit
File 142207719116.png - (308.75KB , 581x482 , togdev6.png )
17308
>>17306
"You said it," he lifts up the jar, "I hope you like tsukemono, Yuuichi can`t get enough, but his eyes are larger than his plate so we end up having more than usual."

You remember Yuuichi to be the name of Masato`s son, though you have never met him before. At this point you two start to head out of the more populated area and further to the back of the village.

As you start up yet another hill you see someone else coming from the opposite direction. A young man in his twenties. Masato seems to recognize him.
"Hey there Koji," he calls out nicely.

"...Yeah" With a quick stride and barely a glance he coldly brushes you off and continues past into the distance.
"As unsociable as every I see," Masato mutters.
>> No. 17309 edit
File 142205502786.jpg - (158.19KB , 800x600 , rofedit.jpg )
17309
>>17308
The two of you continue on until you reach a small valley at the back of the village. From here you can see a few hours and buildings. Particularly next to the entrance overlooking the valley is a old building that is in ruin, in fact following one of the paths in the distance you can clearly see some other older abandoned houses by the rice fields. Otherwise the rest of the houses in this area are larger than the rest of the village; you can even see a slightly more modern styled one.

"There it is," Masato announces and points to one of the houses. Looks like a quaint two story inn. Steam from the hot springs behind the inn flow up into the air.

The two of you head down the pathway and quickly enter the building.
>> No. 17310 edit
File 142207887151.jpg - (165.85KB , 800x600 , x_bg07c.jpg )
17310
>>17309
Inside the building looks bright and well kept. After removing your shoes and putting on slippers Masato hands you your suitcase and heads behind the reception desk into a back room and returns with a small key.

"Here you are. You are in the room at the very end on the second floor. I have to prepare a few things, so make yourself at home. We can head out to the village again once you are up for it."
>> No. 17311 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17311
>>17310
"Gotcha. I'll check out my room."

I go to my room and open the door with the key.
>> No. 17312 edit
File 142215496459.png - (690.95KB , 800x600 , bg50.png )
17312
>>17311
You head around the corner and find the steep staircase leading up to the second floor. With a quick look around it seems the second floor has three rooms in total, but not much else. At the end of the hall you find what you presume must be your room and unlock, then open the door.

The room has a few drawers, tables, and chairs inside. There is a closet where you can find futons and extra blankets ready to be used. There is a single window that looks out to the front of the inn. You take note that the sliding door has a small deadbolt like lock built into it. Directly next to the door is the light switch. There is also a clock hanging on the wall. Looks comfortable overall.
>> No. 17313 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17313
>>17312
I look inside my suitcase.
>> No. 17314 edit
File 139025776454.png - (144.37KB , 640x480 , note1.png )
17314
>>17313
You close the door behind you and place your suitcase down by your feet. With a snap it opens up and you examine the contents: a notepad, "Death-Watch" by Dickson Carr, a pen, change of clothes, pajamas, and a toothbrush among other toiletries.
>> No. 17315 edit
File 13082697241.png - (160.87KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua1.png )
17315
>>17314
I'll check the time and look through the window and lock it.
>> No. 17316 edit
File 142207103339.jpg - (126.58KB , 600x450 , rofwedit.jpg )
17316
>>17315
The clock reads 2:32.

Looking out of the window from here shows a nice view of the rice fields and the gathering of the older houses near the other end of it. You can also see the single more modern house from here and the paths which lead up to the larger estates. You then find the window locked already and leave it as is.
>> No. 17317 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
17317
>>17316
I'll leave the room and lock the door behind me.
>> No. 17318 edit
File 14221580355.png - (752.23KB , 1024x768 , BG04_rouka2_1.png )
17318
>>17317
You recall that if you were to check your pockets you would also find items such as, a wallet with 45,000 Yen in bills as well as some coins, a ticket stub for a bus and a train, and your detective badge.

You then leave the room and lock the door behind you, then adding the key to your pocketed items. You are now in the hallway.
>> No. 17319 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17319
>>17318
I'll walk around the second floor to see if there's anything interesting, then go downstairs and do the same.
>> No. 17320 edit
File 142215891355.jpg - (144.57KB , 800x600 , x_bg24a.jpg )
17320
>>17319
After looking around you find there to be a small door that heads out to a balcony that could be used during the summer time on the second floor. You take note of a fire extinguisher in the hallway as well, then decide to head back downstairs.

The ground floor seems to have two guestrooms, as well as access to the hot springs. There are a few tables in the lobby along with a small shoe locker which you used just recently.

Inn Map

As you wondered around you heard a small tune coming from somewhere in the inn. The melody sounds quite familiar.
>> No. 17321 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17321
>>17320
I'll try to figure out where that tune is coming from and go there.
>> No. 17322 edit
File 142215931895.png - (837.31KB , 800x596 , togdev7.png )
17322
>>17321
After a quick search you find the source to be coming from what you assume must be Masato`s residential rooms, for you have to go behind the desk to reach it. As you open the door into the room you see a young kid with his hands on the controller to a Famicon as the familiar game is shown on the screen.

The child looks up at you inquisitively when you enter the room.
>> No. 17323 edit
File 132519693937.png - (49.59KB , 196x195 , wwwwwww.png )
17323
>>17322
"Pass the controller, Jimmy. We need to get the warp whistle!"
>> No. 17324 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17324
>>17323
"Warp whistle?" he says confusedly. "Are you dad`s friend?" He gets up and gives a small bow. "Nice to meet you. My name is Yuuichi."
>> No. 17325 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
17325
>>17324
"Nice to meet you. Call me Kinzaki. I'll be staying here for a while. You like video games, huh? I think we'll get along just fine."
>> No. 17326 edit
File 142216021457.png - (642.71KB , 800x600 , bg034_n_no.png )
17326
>>17325
He gives a quick nod of confirmation. "My cousin gave me a bunch before we came up here so I am playing them."

You take note of a small box near the system that has a few other cartridges inside. The screen is currently showing him playing World 1-3.
>> No. 17327 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17327
>>17326
"When you get to the end of the level, hold the down button on the white rectangle. You'll drop behind the background. When that happens, run to the end of the level, and go behind the black screen."

I take a look at the other cartridges he has.
>> No. 17328 edit
File 14227639489.png - (3.28KB , 255x240 , mario.png )
17328
>>17327
"The white block? If you say so..."

Taking a peek at the box you find "Duck Hunt" "Super Mario Bros" "The Legend of Zelda" "Donkey Kong" "Megaman 2" and "Metroid".

"Woah!" You heard Yuuichi cry out. Looking up you see him running through to the end of the level just like you said. He successfully gets the warp whistle.

"What does this do?" he asks you.
>> No. 17329 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
17329
>>17328
"You can jump to other worlds with the warp whistle. This one lets you go to World 2, World 3, and World 4. You need to get the second warp whistle in the fortress if you want to go to World 8."
>> No. 17330 edit
File 14227645656.png - (873.69KB , 800x599 , togdev13.png )
17330
>>17329
“You must be some sort of expert at this,“ he says while letting out a smile. “I think this game is two-player, do you want to play too?“ He holds up a second controller.

Last edited at 15/01/31(Sat)20:23:18
>> No. 17331 edit
File 13179496866.png - (145.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia1.png )
17331
>>17330
"Yeah! Let's a go!"

I will play Mario with this kid for a while.
>> No. 17332 edit
File 142276502739.png - (731.35KB , 800x599 , togdev15.png )
17332
>>17331
You hop in and start playing Mario 3 with Yuuichi. Getting the second warp whistle with ease. After some time has past you hear the door slide open behind you.

"Ah so this is where you were," Masato says while entering the room. "Having fun I see."
>> No. 17333 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
17333
>>17332
"Yeah. You ready to go show me around the village?"
>> No. 17334 edit
File 142216021457.png - (642.71KB , 800x600 , bg034_n_no.png )
17334
>>17333
"Yeah, best to do it before it gets dark."

Yuuichi quickly takes note and adds, "But we were just getting started!" clearly disappointed.

Masato chuckles, "Don`t worry, Kinzaki is going to be here for a few days, you have plenty of time to play."

"...If you say so," mumbles the little boy.
>> No. 17335 edit
File 131795595756.png - (143.05KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana2.png )
17335
>>17334
"Sorry, but we'll play again later. Good luck!"

I leave with Masato.
>> No. 17336 edit
File 142276637877.png - (616.35KB , 800x666 , treesnowedit.png )
17336
>>17335
BGM: Cooling Breeze

With a word goodbye Masato and yourself head out of the inn and back up the hill leading out of this part of the village. As you walk Masato gives you a quick explanation.

"I said a tour, but during this time of year I suppose there isn`t quite much going on. The market area would be a good place to stop. Probably the shrine and the overlook as well. Maybe the village hall too if we have the time. Actually, do you have any preference?"
>> No. 17337 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17337
>>17336
"Let's go in that order."
>> No. 17338 edit
File 142276726861.png - (618.31KB , 960x578 , viledit5.png )
17338
>>17337
"Alright, sounds good."

The two of you trek back to the area you past earlier today. Soon enough a section of the town comes into view. Little signs line the area along the small shops. A few looked closed down for the winter but enough are open that you for once can tell there are people moving about inside. Most of the buildings seem to also function as houses.

"Most of the buildings here are as old as the village itself. I hear there was a fire a few years back and most of the original houses were burned down, but luckily it was taken under control fast enough so it didn`t spread."

Last edited at 15/01/31(Sat)21:07:48
>> No. 17339 edit
File 142276768193.png - (187.10KB , 419x340 , togdev14.png )
17339
>>17338
"Ah..." Masato trails off. Up a head you see a small man waving over to you. After a few seconds the two of you get close enough to talk.

"Oi there boy. I`ve still got a bottle with your name on it yah know." the man says with a laugh.

"Ahaha, one day I promise Kawashiro," Masato says while scratching his head. "Ah, this is my friend, Kintaro Shirozaki, he is staying with me for a while."

"City boy are yah? I`m Hideki Kawashiro. I bet Masato has told you how much he loves to keep me waiting," he adds jokingly.
>> No. 17340 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
17340
>>17339
"Nice to meet you. Masato hasn't told me much, but he's showing me around the village, so I'll probably know a lot before my stay here is over."
>> No. 17341 edit
File 142276936495.png - (234.03KB , 600x400 , viledit6.png )
17341
>>17340
"Ah well you can rely on him for that at least." he says.

Masato explains, "Kawashiro runs the sake brewery here, and he owes me one."

"You know it," Kawashiro buts in, "The meeting is almost here, so you wont be able to make any excuses, hehehe." He stops for a moment seemingly realized something, "Actually we er short of hands this time around, you two don`t mind helping to set up that day do yah?"

"Well I don`t have any issue with it." Masato says and looks uncertain of your own response.
>> No. 17342 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
17342
>>17341
"Set up? I don't mind helping, but what's going on?"
>> No. 17343 edit
File 142276726861.png - (618.31KB , 960x578 , viledit5.png )
17343
>>17342
"Every month we have a small village council to discuss matters regarding to the village. Usually wood storage, or repairing roads and that type of stuff," Masato responds.

"That`s it. A few of us get there early, make it nice and pretty for the snootier folk ehehe. You`ll mostly be carrying chairs and the like. Well thanks for that, I have to get back, see you then boys!" He then walks off after another wave.

You take a look over the market area again, the shops that stick out are the bakery, the brewery, and a small cafe.

"Anything else you want to see here, or should we head on?" Masato asks.
>> No. 17344 edit
File 13179539737.png - (144.46KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia2a.png )
17344
>>17343
"Let's check out the bakery."
>> No. 17345 edit
File 142277072829.png - (634.27KB , 800x600 , kinjogetsofatmovementspeedgoesdown.png )
17345
>>17344
The two of you head into the bakery. Inside you see that it also has a large variety of traditional confectioneries along with bread. You see more or less what you would expect, some manju buns, some dangos, and a bunch of different types of diafuku. An old lady sits behind the counter.

"Welcome," The shopkeeper says.
>> No. 17346 edit
File 138718013054.png - (142.83KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia2.png )
17346
>>17345
"Hello!"

~Kin-jo, Kin-jo, Kin-jo, Kin-jo; Kin-jo, dai-kazoku!~

I hum the tune to myself while looking over the dangos.


"It all looks good! Any recommendations, Masato?"
>> No. 17347 edit
File 142277126856.png - (277.58KB , 557x407 , togdev17.png )
17347
>>17346
"I perfer the sakura daifuku myself," he says.
>> No. 17348 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17348
>>17347
I will buy some dangos and sakura daifuku. Then go to the cafe.
>> No. 17349 edit
File 142276936495.png - (234.03KB , 600x400 , viledit6.png )
17349
>>17348
You hand over the money and receive a small box with your treats. The two of you then head over to the cafe, but find that it appears to be closed for the day.
"Ah, well that is just how some of these stores are, owners close earlier since its more of a pleasure job than anything," Masato explains.
>> No. 17350 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
17350
>>17349
"Ah, well in that case, let's go to the next place on our list. The shrine, right?"
>> No. 17351 edit
File 142277297069.png - (370.19KB , 500x375 , togdev8.png )
17351
>>17350
"Yeah it was the shrine. This way then."

You head to the other end of the market area and continue deeper into the village. Eventually you reach the outskirts and see the steps leading up to the shrine in the distance. After passing over a frosty river via bridge you reach the steps of the shrine and climb up. Once at the top you see a variety of gates and different buildings. In the back you see a small path that leads to what appears to be a graveyard in the distance.

"Oh my, good evening Masato," you hear an old women say. Coming from the path to the graveyard you see her walking over to you.
"Evening Yoshiko. How are you?"
He gives a warm smile, "Oh much better thank you, but oh my, who is this?" she says noticing you.
>> No. 17352 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
17352
>>17351
"Kintaro Shirozaki. Pleasure meeting you."
>> No. 17353 edit
File 142277383932.png - (2.05MB , 1999x1328 , noteedits.png )
17353
>>17352
"Oh yes the friend you mentioned yesterday. Yes a pleasure to meet you as well." she graciously says.
Masato asks, "Do you know if Koichi is around?" He adds for you, "He is the priest here."

"Oh no I believe he went out just earlier. I was visiting the Tanaka`s again myself."
"I see, well thank you anyway. Say hello to Ichiro for me."
"Oh of course, nice meeting you Shirozaki." Yoshiko says before heading down the staircase and out of sight.

"Well if Koichi isnt here it cant be helped, here is the shrine. I was hoping he could be here since I frankly know nothing about this, but I guess that will have to wait. There isn`t too much to see otherwise. If you don`t mind though I would like to pay my respects before we head off anywhere else." he says indicating to the graveyard.
>> No. 17354 edit
File 142277483810.png - (40.96KB , 480x434 , wdk_right.png )
17354
>>17353
I'll follow Masato to the graveyard.
>> No. 17355 edit
File 142277535122.png - (936.04KB , 1328x1455 , temedit.png )
17355
>>17354
BGM: Mosaic

Walking to the path by following Masato you quickly enter an old graveyard that is woven through the large trees. The area is somewhat surreal and some of the graves date far back. You pass by a few graves, Hayashi, Fujimoto, and you see a small wooden one labeled Shiro.

After venturing in Masato stops. You see the names Taro Tanaka and Sumi Tanaka. Some incense ashes have already been left, presumably from Yoshiko. Masato bends down and pays his respects. He speaks up, "Taro and Sumi lived in one of the houses by my area you see. They owned the rice fields next to my house. They passed away a few weeks ago."
>> No. 17356 edit
File 130855109553.png - (144.92KB , 434x480 , wdk_nakua3.png )
17356
>>17355
"Passed away? What happened?"

Commence mourning.
>> No. 17357 edit
File 142277578199.png - (1.26MB , 1328x1272 , temedit2.png )
17357
>>17356
"You know how it is. Old age catches up to you. With the hot summers and the cold winters here, its common for the older folks to pass during those times." He takes a pause, before adding, "Its just one of those things you come to accept."
>> No. 17358 edit
File 142277628517.png - (104.97KB , 481x480 , kinjo_majimea2.png )
17358
>>17357
"Ah, sorry to hear that. There are a lot of old people in this town, so I wouldn't be surprised if they started dropping like flies."
>> No. 17359 edit
File 142277648380.png - (759.55KB , 800x766 , togdev16.png )
17359
>>17358
He stands up "Anyway, I suppose we should head to the overlook now. Sound good?"
>> No. 17360 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
17360
>>17359
"Yep."
>> No. 17361 edit
File 142277735518.png - (285.42KB , 563x409 , viledit2.png )
17361
>>17360
After leaving the shrine and trudging back through the village you start to head back to the direction of the inn. You notice that your feet have gotten pretty cold walking around. As you near the road back to the inn Masato takes you off to the side and up to a small trail leading up the mountain. It is starting to get dark.

Soon you make it to the top and get the view of the village. "Real nice view from here, perfect place to end the tour," he says looking over the village. You take note of all the areas you visited today. From here you can get a much better view of the part of the village you are staying in as well.

Main Map
>> No. 17362 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
17362
>>17361
"Cool. So what should we do now?"

I check my watch.
>> No. 17363 edit
File 14234415289.png - (191.76KB , 300x400 , road23.png )
17363
>>17362
You check the watch you clearly had all this time and discover that your little tour as brought the clock to 5:14. You notice it has started to get darker.

"We might as well head back now, it is getting dark. I also need to start preparing supper."
>> No. 17364 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17364
>>17363
"Sure, sounds good to me."
>> No. 17365 edit
File 142207887151.jpg - (165.85KB , 800x600 , x_bg07c.jpg )
17365
>>17364
With quick haste the two of your make it back to the inn without much of interest.

"I will call you once it is ready," he mentions, and heads off.

You are currently in the lobby of the inn.
>> No. 17366 edit
File 132910244769.png - (40.97KB , 480x434 , wdk_left.png )
17366
>>17365
Go back to the room with the video games and see if the kid is still there to play with him.
>> No. 17367 edit
File 14227645656.png - (873.69KB , 800x599 , togdev13.png )
17367
>>17366
You look around a bit and find your way back to said room. There you find Yuuichi once more. You can hear Masato in one of the other rooms, seemingly a kitchen.

"Ah welcome back Kinzaki," Yuuichi says politely. You take note he seems to be doing what you presume is homework of some sort.
>> No. 17368 edit
File 142344301350.png - (531.46KB , 779x694 , wdk_niramua2e.png )
17368
>>17367
>welcome back Kinjo

......How does he know my real name?! I never said it...! Shit, this isn't good! He's doing homework, so that gives me some time to act...

"Kinjo? You mean Kintaro, right? Haha, hahahaha....
Anyway, looks like you're doing homework so I should leave you alone."

I'll go back into the hallway.
>> No. 17369 edit
File 142215891355.jpg - (144.57KB , 800x600 , x_bg24a.jpg )
17369
>>17368
"I will finish it soon okay?" he says clearly sensing your overwhelming urge to play Mario.

You dismiss yourself and leave the room. Once again you are in the lobby.
>> No. 17370 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17370
>>17369
Go inside the work room.
>> No. 17371 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17371
>>17370
You slip inside the room and take a look around. The small room is nice and tidy. There is a shelf with a few towels, and holes for various different files or papers. You notice a few keys in each of these holes, seemingly for the other rooms of the inn. There is also a desk right in front of this which has a few stacks of papers, a light, a cup of pens and pencils, and a phone.
>> No. 17372 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
17372
>>17371
I'll take all of the keys. Then I'll pick up the phone and see if there is a dial tone and then put it back down. I will also take a pen and a pencil and a sheet of paper. Then I'll go back into the hallway.

Last edited at 15/02/08(Sun)17:13:01
>> No. 17373 edit
File 139025776454.png - (144.37KB , 640x480 , note1.png )
17373
>>17372
You think about taking the keys, but you remember that you aren't in an RPG thus you decide not to steal all of your friend`s stuff. You do however take a better look and find a key for three other guest rooms and a spare key to the entrance of the inn. There also appears to be a hook for a key ring, which is currently empty.
You find the phone does indeed have a tone.

Looking at the pen and paper makes you recall that you have the same items in your suitcase upstairs. Since you cant think of a reason to use them at the moment you decide to leave them as well.
>> No. 17374 edit
File 142001244531.png - (51.34KB , 221x214 , wdk_majimea2a.png )
17374
>>17373
I'll go back to my room and wait until dinner is ready.
>> No. 17376 edit
File 142344560053.png - (133.25KB , 640x480 , book1.png )
17376
>>17374
You head back to your room and sit down to read your book. You also put down the treats you bought at the store which you have been carrying.

-

An Open Door in Lincoln`s Inn Fields.

"Odd crimes?" said Dr. Fell, while we were discussing that case of the hats and the crossbows, and afterwards the still more curious problem of the inverted room at Waterfell Manor. "Not at all. Those things only seem odd because a fact is stated out of its proper context..."


-

After a chapter or so you hear tiny foot steps coming to your door followed by a knock at the door. "You in there Kinzaki?" You hear Yuuichi say from the other side.
>> No. 17377 edit
File 13179539737.png - (144.46KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia2a.png )
17377
>>17376
I close my book and open the door.

"Yeah, I'm here. What's up?"
>> No. 17378 edit
File 142344653525.png - (687.72KB , 800x595 , togdev18.png )
17378
>>17377
"My dad said we need some more wood from the Yamada`s, and I should ask you to go help get it with me since he is busy," he says.
>> No. 17379 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17379
>>17378
"Alright, let's go!"
>> No. 17380 edit
File 142344716667.png - (220.42KB , 400x298 , togdev10.png )
17380
>>17379
BGM: Hepatica

You head out into the snowy landscape once more and leave the inn. You head over to the fork in the road and take a left towards the modern styled building tucked into the side of the cliff. Seems like that must be the place.

As Yuuichi goes to knock the door suddenly you hear stomping coming closer, quickly followed by the door as it flies open. Now in front of the two of you is a little girl who looks a few years older than Yuuichi. Suddenly a shower of cold freezes your neck and makes you jump. Seems the impact dislodged some snow on the roof and it landed right onto your head.

"Oh u-um, hi..." Yuuichi tries to stutter out, but the girl quickly runs past the two of you without a word, and nothing more than a glance. Yuuichi lowers his hand dejectedly.
>> No. 17381 edit
File 142344884639.png - (145.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia1c.png )
17381
>>17380
"Who was that?"
>> No. 17382 edit
File 142344899782.png - (456.61KB , 640x478 , togdev11.png )
17382
>>17381
Before Yuuichi can respond a women calls out from inside of the house. "Yui? Where are you?" After a moment she comes into a view and notices the two of you.

"Oh hello Yuuichi, and this is...?" she starts.
"This is Kinzaki! He is my dad's friend." Yuuichi promptly responds.
"That one he mentioned was visiting? Nice to meet you, oh and yes, did my daughter come through here?"
>> No. 17386 edit
File 142473461015.png - (153.74KB , 606x480 , wdk_akuwaraib1d.png )
17386
>>17382
"Nice to meet you too! And yes, a cute little girl did pass by. She went that way."

I point in her direction.
>> No. 17387 edit
File 142277735518.png - (285.42KB , 563x409 , viledit2.png )
17387
>>17386
"Ran off again... Well, are the two of you here for more wood?"

"Yeah," Yuuichi responds after looking away from the direction the girl went.

"My husband is out back right now, so feel free to go grab what you need," she finishes.
>> No. 17388 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17388
>>17387
I take some wood.
>> No. 17389 edit
File 142473663555.png - (190.60KB , 352x267 , togdev12.png )
17389
>>17388
You and Yuuichi walk down the road a bit and along the perimeter of the house. As you turn around the corner you find the backside of the house to have a large pile of wood hugging the edge of the rocky wall. Part of the house has a little working area builting into it and you can see some furniture and other woodwork inside. Finally you find a man chopping said wood on a large stump over by the pile.

"Hey there, Kinzaki is it?"
>> No. 17390 edit
File 142473693098.png - (748.79KB , 934x785 , asdf.png )
17390
>>17389
>There in that back long the rocky wall
>> No. 17391 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17391
>>17389
"Yeah, that's my name! Or at least it's one of them! Is this the wood-chopping area?"

I look around to see if there is a weapon I can use in order to chop some wood, and I'll give it a shot myself.
>> No. 17392 edit
File 142613462790.png - (581.11KB , 800x533 , wood.png )
17392
>>17391
You find an axe next to a stump with a piece of wood stacked on top. With a quick swing you hit the chunk and promptly cut through it. Or, mostly. The wood splinters a bit and the pieces are left stuck together with a few slivers.

"Ahaha, you don`t need to worry about cutting it yourself. We have more than enough already cut," the man says as he gestures to the wall. Looks like he is certainly prepared.

"Oh, and my name is Jiro by the way."
>> No. 17393 edit
File 13871796986.png - (384.10KB , 500x661 , wood.png )
17393
>>17392
"Ah, good to know. And nice to meet you. I'll be staying here for a bit on vacation."

I take some wood and inspect it closely.
>> No. 17394 edit
File 142613559119.jpg - (89.06KB , 615x411 , chopped-fire-wood.jpg )
17394
>>17393
"Yeah, Masato said someone was staying with him for a while. Only heard your name a few seconds ago when you were talking with Ayano, my wife."

You pick up a piece of the chopped wood and look at it closely. Seems the average piece is about a foot and a half long, and about half a foot thick. The piece gives off a nice fragrant smell. It is cut into triangle like pieces, with one side being curved as part of the bark. You also successfully determine that it is, indeed, wood.

Beside you find Yuuichi stacking a few pieces onto his outstretched arms, staggering a bit as he places the third piece.
>> No. 17399 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17399
>>17394
After spending what seems like over a month collecting wood, I head back to the inn with all of it.
>> No. 17400 edit
File 142950104729.png - (435.93KB , 600x466 , togdev19.png )
17400
>>17399
You and Yuuichi stack up the wood into yours arms and say goodbye to Jiro. With a quick step you head back on the road to the inn.

Upon walking back through the crossroards you notice something out of the corner of your eye contrast with the amount of white in the landscape. A man walking away in the distance up to one of the larger estates.

As you are distracted Yuuichi comments, `Whats wrong?`
>> No. 17401 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
17401
>>17400
"Nothing. Let's get back soon so we can play more games."
>> No. 17402 edit
File 142207887151.jpg - (165.85KB , 800x600 , x_bg07c.jpg )
17402
>>17401
`Ok!`, and you continue on your merry way.

After dumping the wood at the side of the inn the two of you enter the building, returned from your lengthy quest.

Yuuichi heads back into what you now consider the living room, most likely to report to Masato of a job well done.
>> No. 17403 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17403
>>17402
I will follow in order to find Masato as well.
>> No. 17404 edit
File 142276502739.png - (731.35KB , 800x599 , togdev15.png )
17404
>>17403
"Supper is almost ready." you hear before you enter.

Inside the room you find Masato and Yuuichi as expected.

"Why don`t you show Kinzaki the hot springs." He says looking at you as you enter. "Nothing like eating after a good soak right?"
>> No. 17405 edit
File 131795595756.png - (143.05KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana2.png )
17405
>>17403
"Right! That's what my mother always told me!"
>> No. 17406 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17406
>>17405
"Okay," Yuuichi responds, and the two of you exit the room to the change rooms.
Inside you find two shelves on either side of the walls with little cubicles with small baskets to put your clothing in.

"Our hot springs may be small but I think they are much better than the ones on the other side of the village." Yuuichi says as matter of fact. He then strips down and throws his clothes in the bin as an obvious every day routine.

"Hurry up Kinzaki," he calls after opening the door to the hot springs outside. Consequently letting in a bunch of frigid air.
>> No. 17407 edit
File 132962682068.png - (50.89KB , 221x214 , wdk_closeup_0.png )
17407
>>17406
"Wait a minute, you want me to take my clothes off?! Is this gameboard safe for work?!"
>> No. 17408 edit
File 142950426681.jpg - (25.69KB , 350x238 , bath-change-room.jpg )
17408
>>17406
"What are you talking about?" He calls from outside.

Maybe it was all that time in nudity hating America but you recall that many countries, especially Japan consider being naked while bathing perfectly normal.

You notice some towels off to the side, remembering however that it is perfectly acceptable to wear a towel into the hot springs as well.
>> No. 17409 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17409
>>17408
I grab a towel and dive in.
>> No. 17410 edit
File 142950506968.png - (635.59KB , 800x600 , bg106_n_no.png )
17410
>>17409
The door opens and you finally get a look at the hot springs. The fence surrounding the springs is high and covered with a layer of snow, for the most part however there is an overhang so that you are not walking in it. Icicles drip down off the overhang, dangling above the water.
Directly in front is the main body of water, the floor has been paved with smooth stone slabs. To the left are some stools and hand nozzles along side some mirrors.

Seems the hot springs are mixed gender, which is to be expected giving the size. Of course not that it matters much seeing how the two of you are both clearly male.

Yuuichi is already soaking in the water as once you get your bearings. He doesn't say anything about the towel, maybe Masato warned him about your foreignness beforehand.
>> No. 17411 edit
File 142277483810.png - (40.96KB , 480x434 , wdk_right.png )
17411
>>17410
>Of course not that it matters much seeing how the two of you are both clearly male.
But only one of us acts the part!

I'll wait until something happens. Maybe a murder mystery?
>> No. 17412 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17412
>>17411
Yuuichi informs you to wash yourself before entering as that is customary and you probably didn't know. Following that you finally enter the hot springs and soak for a while, occasionally talking about games.

After the two of you had enough you head back to the changing rooms and you ditch your towel extremely cautiously while at the same time try to put your clothing on in an attempt to never be nude for a second.

However due to the strange performance on your part you hear a thump come from behind you and Yuuichi goes over to pick something up.

"What is this? ...Kinjo... Goldbar?" Looks like the detective badge that was in your pocket has fallen out.
>> No. 17413 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
17413
>>17412
"Oh, that's mine. Please hand it to me."
>> No. 17414 edit
File 142950630185.png - (182.82KB , 350x231 , bath2.png )
17414
>>17413
Yuuichi hands it back to you without any restraint, which you then take.

After an awkward silence he asks, "So your name isn`t Kinzaki?"
>> No. 17415 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17415
>>17414
"No. My name's Kinzaki. But that's also my badge."
>> No. 17416 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17416
>>17415
"Oh, okay." With another awkward silence he mentions something about supper and leaves the changing room as he is finished.

You are still half naked mind you.
>> No. 17417 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
17417
>>17416
I'll get changed and go leave for supper as well.
>> No. 17418 edit
File 142950700336.png - (893.46KB , 800x597 , togdev9.png )
17418
>>17417
As you step foot into the main lobby you see a unfamiliar face.

A young man appears to have just entered through the front door, as he is putting down his bag. The two of you meet eyes.

"Ah, Hello." he says with a smile.
>> No. 17419 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
17419
>>17418
"Hi."
>> No. 17420 edit
File 142950762985.png - (878.28KB , 800x599 , togdev9b.png )
17420
>>17419
"Ah yes, hello. Are you, um... other guest?" He stumbles verbally. You cant say exactly where from, but they clearly have an accent.
>> No. 17434 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17434
"Yes, I am! Kintaro Shirozaki. Nice to meet you."
>> No. 17435 edit
File 142950700336.png - (893.46KB , 800x597 , togdev9.png )
17435
>>17434
"Nice to meet you, you can call me Lee. I am photographing here." He says with a smile as he lifts up his bag.

Seems like he is already staying at the inn. That would explain the missing guestroom key you noticed earlier.
>> No. 17436 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
17436
>>17435
"What'cha taking pictures of?"
>> No. 17437 edit
File 143010084428.png - (731.15KB , 800x598 , togdev9c.png )
17437
>>17436
"Mostly... scenery and um... nature." He manages to piece together into a sentence.

From the living room Masato enters the lobby, "Welcome back, how did it go today?"
"Not so well, too much fog." Lee explains.
"Ah well, there is always tomorrow. Lee here has had his photos published in nature magazines you know."
>> No. 17438 edit
File 142156957298.png - (55.90KB , 224x224 , wdk_ava5.png )
17438
>>17437
"Fog? This place isn't like Silent Hills, is it?"
>> No. 17439 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17439
>>17438
"Silent Hill?" Masato asks, Lee also gives you a confused looked.

"The fog is mostly on the other side of the village. The mountain line surrounding this area keeps out most of it, so no worries," he explains.
"Oh right, and supper is ready. I decided a hot pot would be better after all," He says, beckoning the two of you into the living room.
>> No. 17440 edit
File 130827258925.png - (46.25KB , 434x480 , wdk_corner.png )
17440
>>17439
Let's go eat some food.
>> No. 17441 edit
File 143010258062.jpg - (66.14KB , 360x270 , hotpot.jpg )
17441
>>17440
BGM: Entertaining
The three of you enter the living room and take a seat, thus occupying each side of the square table. Yuuichi is already sitting down and the cutlery, hot pot, and ingredients are all set out.

After placing a few more plates down Masato says, "There should be more than enough for everyone so help yourselves."

You can see a variety of different veggies and mushrooms you aren't familiar with, but at least you can clearly see some beef already cooked in the boiling pot and thus start to help yourself.
Yuuichi is quickly lifting pieces out and snapping them up. "Mmm, elisous" he mumbles with his mouth full of food.

Lee seems to be trying to get your attention. "Can pass the meat?" he says while pointing to the wooden slab over by your left, which has a knife and various uncooked slices of meat on it.
>> No. 17442 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
17442
>>17441
Pass.
>> No. 17443 edit
File 143010361341.png - (668.00KB , 800x600 , bg034_d_no.png )
17443
>>17442
You reach out to grab the meat...

...

Suddenly the plate lifts up, by Yuuichi`s doing it seems. He passes it over to Lee.
"Something wrong Kinzaki?" Masato asks.
>> No. 17444 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17444
>>17443
"Nope."
>> No. 17445 edit
File 143010528939.png - (709.22KB , 800x595 , togdev9d.png )
17445
>>17444
You tell them that with a stable guise. Although you suppose you could have said you were feeling somewhat tired, you did walk a few miles in snow after all, and it is getting late.

You continue supper chatting with the others until you have your fill. Following supper Yuuichi heads off to sleep, and Lee to his room. Before leaving Yuuichi calls out "Night Kinzaki, see you tomorrow."
Masato remains clearing the table.
>> No. 17446 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
17446
>>17445
"Good night!"

I address Masato.

"So then, any plans for tomorrow? I should probably head to sleep too."
>> No. 17447 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17447
>>17446
"Nope. Well, I have some errands, but I can do those myself. Just a lazy day I would say."
>> No. 17448 edit
File 14301067594.png - (208.38KB , 367x436 , kinjo2.png )
17448
I go to my room and go to sleep.
>> No. 17449 edit
File 140687690774.png - (4.55KB , 640x480 , black.png )
17449
>>17448
You head back to your room and lock the door. Everything seems to be in order, just as you left it. You get out of the futon, hang up your coat, get into your pajamas and crawl under the covers. Alone with your thoughts for merely a second you quickly fall to sleep.

---

End of Day 1

---
>> No. 17453 edit
File 143068275132.png - (452.70KB , 800x600 , bg50c.png )
17453
>>17449
BGM: Kemono
Your eyes crack open. A faint howl of wind shakes the roof. The room remains dark as you rub your eyes. It appears to be some time later in the night, not yet morning. You feel uneasy... something is amiss.
>> No. 17454 edit
File 130855109553.png - (144.92KB , 434x480 , wdk_nakua3.png )
17454
>>17453
"God damn, did I wet the bed again?!"

I get up to go to the bathroom.
>> No. 17455 edit
File 143071788440.png - (89.88KB , 292x326 , nightdoor.png )
17455
>>17454
You throw off the blankets and stand up. Reaching for the sliding door to be met with resistance as you try to open it.
Another jab, no use, it wont budge.

You try to unlock the door but that too seems to be stuck. Something is wrong in this room, but you feel that it is not this... something else...
>> No. 17456 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17456
>>17455
I'll turn on the light.
>> No. 17457 edit
File 143071838730.png - (138.02KB , 752x547 , nightlight.png )
17457
>>17456
You flick the switch... no use. Is the power out?

You can still make out most of the room without it however. The tables, your futon, over on the corner is your bag, even your daifuku is still there in the box... nothing odd is here... but yet...

You eyes flick towards the wall. Your outfit is missing.
>> No. 17458 edit
File 131795090912.png - (154.75KB , 434x480 , Kinjo_derp.png )
17458
>>17457
"Wet the bed AND my spare clothes are gone... This isn't good..."

Obviously, something is blocking the door. I'll leave the room from the window and enter the building from the outside.
>> No. 17459 edit
File 14307188727.png - (80.89KB , 647x467 , wannaseeacooltrick.png )
17459
>>17458
Quickly heading over to the window you go to unlock it, only to find it cracked open already letting in a freezing breeze...

Not that it bothers you however, for something has completely absorbed your attention... Standing in front of the building is a dark figure, holding your outfit. Standing motionlessly.
>> No. 17460 edit
File 132962682068.png - (50.89KB , 221x214 , wdk_closeup_0.png )
17460
>>17459
"Hey, uh, that's mine! Give it back!"
>> No. 17461 edit
File 143071920916.jpg - (122.79KB , 1920x1080 , match.jpg )
17461
>>17460
As if waiting for you the figure slowly turns upon your cry... Something is at their feet. A wood pile, and you catch a faint smell of gasoline.

Your clothing is dropped on top of the pile and with a flick a bit of light enters the scene. A match hovers over the pile, dangling precariously...
>> No. 17462 edit
File 133955714937.png - (304.06KB , 821x480 , wdk_sakebub2d.png )
17462
>>17461
I'll run up to this person and tackle them to the ground.
>> No. 17463 edit
File 143071959872.png - (208.08KB , 647x467 , burnedatthestake.png )
17463
>>17462
You jump out of the window and tumble off the roof, slamming into the ground, knocking the wind out of you.

You struggle to get up and you lay directly in front of the show. With no hesitation the _____ haired figure drops the match into the pile, setting it ablaze.

The fire sparks and destroys your outfit instantly. It then spreads to the figure, burning it down as a gut wrenching shriek fills your senses. Mind ringing, eyesight fading as pain seers through your body.

---
>> No. 17464 edit
File 142215496459.png - (690.95KB , 800x600 , bg50.png )
17464
>>17463
You lurch up. A cold sweat coats your face.
The walls of the inn cool the room as you gain your bearings. The leg muscles supporting your weight all the way here twists in agony. Your breath is heavy, choking for air. Just… as usual…

You try to calm down, quickly standing up, as lying down anymore makes you nauseous once again. Everything is fine, it isn`t real. It is all over…

---

--

-

You eventually regain your composure. You cautiously check the room and find everything in place. The door works fine and window is locked. And of course your outfit is there too. The faint memories of that dream tingle at your head. Even after coming all the way out here you cant escape from it...
From the clock you see that it is still early in the morning (6:14am).
>> No. 17529 edit
File 132910244769.png - (40.97KB , 480x434 , wdk_left.png )
17529
>>17464
"It was all a dream, huh? I really did wet myself though..."

I'll change my clothes and go get some breakfast.
>> No. 17530 edit
File 142207887151.jpg - (165.85KB , 800x600 , x_bg07c.jpg )
17530
>>17529
You change into your clothes and head downstairs.

You find it is somewhat quite, it doesn't seem like Masato and Yuuichi are up yet.
>> No. 17531 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17531
>>17530
I'll go to the kitchen and grab some food for myself.
>> No. 17532 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17532
>>17531
You sneak into the living room and into the kitchen. You find that is is fairly standard, a few drawers, cabinets, sink, fridge, trash can, oven, pantry.

You also find a bowl of mikan oranges on the counter.
>> No. 17533 edit
File 131268935772.png - (289.01KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia1b.png )
17533
>>17532
I decide to eat an orange for breakfast, so I take a knife and slice it up. I might want to slice some more oranges later, so I pocket the knife.
>> No. 17534 edit
File 143222056177.jpg - (30.47KB , 736x414 , gaijinlevel.jpg )
17534
>>17533
You cant find one in the immediate vicinity, but you realized that these types of oranges peel without knifes and just do that. You promptly eat the small orange.
>> No. 17535 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17535
>>17534
Check the trash can, fridge, and drawers. What's inside?
>> No. 17536 edit
File 143222136961.jpg - (101.35KB , 522x366 , saba-1.jpg )
17536
>>17535
You open the fridge and find various food items as well as some leftovers. Mostly jars fill with vegetables and the like. There is some uncooked meat still, probably some left overs. You also see a bundle of mackerel.

In the drawers you to be rather messy, along with some kitchen tools you find rubber bands, some band aids, paper clips, and a small pedometer.

The trash can is empty. Must have been recently cleaned.
>> No. 17537 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17537
>>17536
I'll take the pedometer, some rubber bands, some paper clips, and remove the trash bag from the trash can and carry that with me too.
>> No. 17538 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17538
>>17537
You take note of the items, but cant think of any good use for some of them at the time and leave them there. He probably wont mind the rubber bands or paper clips though since there are so many, so you take some.
>> No. 17539 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
17539
>>17538
Guess I'll take a walk outside.
>> No. 17540 edit
File 142276637877.png - (616.35KB , 800x666 , treesnowedit.png )
17540
>>17539
You leave the inn and step onto the snowy ground.

The cool air gives a small howl off the top of the mountain tops surrounding the area. Seems pretty dead outside as well. Scanning the surrounding areas you catch someone moving to the old part of the village where the abandoned houses are. Its hard to make out from this distance but it appear like it is Lee.
>> No. 17541 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17541
>>17540
I'll go see if I can talk to Lee.
>> No. 17542 edit
File 142277735518.png - (285.42KB , 563x409 , viledit2.png )
17542
>>17541
You head over to the abandoned part of the village with a brisk pace. As you get closer you can see the houses are just what you would expected, weather torn and dilapidated. It seems they go on for a while, but you cant see Lee from here anymore.

At your feet you find some footprints leading off however.
>> No. 17543 edit
File 132669749830.png - (47.98KB , 215x209 , kinjo_sux.png )
17543
>>17542
Let's follow the suspicious footprints!
>> No. 17544 edit
File 143222422739.png - (818.92KB , 970x670 , abhouse.png )
17544
>>17543
You follow the footsteps deeper into the fray of houses. Eventually the footsteps seem to stop at some in front of the entrances to some the houses, finally ending at one which has its door missing, leaving the entrance open. You don`t hear anything inside.
>> No. 17545 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17545
>>17544
I'll go inside, because why not?
>> No. 17546 edit
File 142205502786.jpg - (158.19KB , 800x600 , rofedit.jpg )
17546
>>17545
You enter the building and carefully make your way through the mess. Moldy tatami mats and various shambles of sliding doors cover the area inside. Most of the walls have fallen down and the house is more just one large room. The window opens up in the back with a view of some of the valley, with the Yamada`s house and the Inn in sight.

The area remains silent, and you cant see anyone inside.
>> No. 17547 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17547
>>17546
I use my Stand's ability to draw a map of the interior.
>> No. 17548 edit
File 143226624245.png - (2.84KB , 515x426 , abhousemap.png )
17548
>>17547
You look around the room and get a better idea of the layout.
>> No. 17549 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
17549
>>17548
"Okay. I guess nobody is here."

I'll leave and go to the shrine.
>> No. 17550 edit
File 143226727699.jpg - (283.50KB , 640x427 , 8560774485_2ec9760a30_z.jpg )
17550
>>17549
You leave the house and that area of the village without finding anything else out of the ordinary.

After a long trek you make it back to the steps of the shrine. At the top you see what you assume must be the priest who is shoveling some snow from the walk way.
>> No. 17551 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
17551
>>17550
"Good morning! How's it going?"
>> No. 17552 edit
File 143226801832.jpg - (71.66KB , 800x600 , winter_nakasendo_shrine_gate.jpg )
17552
>>17551
He turns in your direction upon your greeting. "Ah hello. You must be Masato`s friend, are you not?"

The man wears a thick outfit and holds his head up straight. He has a shaven head and calming, relaxing even, atmosphere around him.
>> No. 17553 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
17553
>>17552
"Yeah, I am. I don't think he's awake yet, though. Sometimes when I'm really bored I go for morning walks."
>> No. 17554 edit
File 142277383932.png - (2.05MB , 1999x1328 , noteedits.png )
17554
>>17553
"I see. Yes, he doesn't like to wake up quite that early. Speaking of him, I heard you were shown around the village yesterday, what did you think?"
>> No. 17555 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17555
>>17554
"It's a pretty nice place. What's with all those abandoned buildings over there? Something happen?"
>> No. 17556 edit
File 143227071922.png - (827.98KB , 1141x1012 , togdev20.png )
17556
>>17555
"Over the years different parts of the village have started to develop and that part has been neglected since it is so far out of the way. Did you see that ruined building there? It was to be a clinic, but with less and less people living over there it was moved closer to this side of the village."

As you are chatting you notice a young women briskly walking from the back of the shrine.
The priest calls out to her as she gets closer, "Ah Shizuka, this is Masato`s friend."

She stops and gives a quick bow, meekly followed by a "Hello..."
>> No. 17557 edit
File 143227123210.png - (54.57KB , 221x214 , wdk_dokidoki.png )
17557
>>17556
"Hi, my name is Kinj-- Kintaro, Shirozaki, nice to meet you! I'm on vacation here, you know of any cool places to go see?"
>> No. 17558 edit
File 143227167154.png - (511.86KB , 640x427 , shinredit.png )
17558
>>17557
"Shizuka... Shizuka Saginomiya. Um, I am in a hurry... excuse me," she says quietly. Then heads down the stairs continuing her brisk pace.

"Are you alright?" The priest asks suddenly, "You are a beat red."
>> No. 17559 edit
File 138718013054.png - (142.83KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia2.png )
17559
>>17558
"Oh, no, I'm fine. Uh, so where was she going? Something about the shrine?"
>> No. 17560 edit
File 142277383932.png - (2.05MB , 1999x1328 , noteedits.png )
17560
>>17559
"I think she is heading back home. She comes here every few days, helping me occasionally. Sweet girl, always asking me about my studies. Most people are bored by it," he laughs quickly.

You note that she was heading down the stairs away from the shrine, not to it.
>> No. 17561 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17561
>>17560
"Oh, alright then."

Well, I'm out of ideas for now. Any suggestions?
>> No. 17719 edit
File 143226801832.jpg - (71.66KB , 800x600 , winter_nakasendo_shrine_gate.jpg )
17719
>>17561
After what seems like weeks you come back to earth and notice that is has gotten distinctly brighter out. It is no longer morning is what your mind tells you.

The priest noticeably changes pace and gets back to shoveling , "I have an appointment later so I must get back to work. It was nice talking with you, Shirozaki."
>> No. 17720 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
17720
"Same, nice talking to you."

I'll go down the stairs to see if I can find that shrine girl.
>> No. 17721 edit
File 143399462223.png - (236.26KB , 446x360 , roedit2.png )
17721
>>17720
You head down the stairs and reach the bottom but with no girl in sight.
Sadly checking the footprints in the snow is no help, for it appears to have been already stomped flat by the feet of others. Most head into the village, back to the shrine or around to the bridge.
>> No. 17722 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17722
>>17721
I'll go to the place where we got wood yesterday.
>> No. 17723 edit
File 14234415289.png - (191.76KB , 300x400 , road23.png )
17723
On your way back through the more barren areas you notice a trail of disturbed snow jut out from the pathway you are walking on. It looks like someone was stumbling all over themselves through the snow... As you get closer you can see it goes off the path and up the hill next to it. On the ground you find a small spatter of blood stained into the snow.
>> No. 17724 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17724
>>17723
I'll follow the trail of bloodstained snow.
>> No. 17725 edit
File 143399601282.jpg - (61.67KB , 900x600 , blood.jpg )
17725
>>17724
BGM: Those Who Wait For What Lies Ahead.

You crest the hill and scan the surroundings the disturbed snow continues into the distance deeper into the area of trees. You can make out more and more blood crossing the sides of the trail. Finally over a small hill you see the source...

Creeping closer you can see its clearly a body...of a deer. its either on its last breath or already dead, but it certainly isn't a human. From where you stand it seems to have a wound in its side.
>> No. 17726 edit
File 131805672943.png - (49.51KB , 221x214 , wdk_avatar8.png )
17726
>>17725
"<Oh... my... God...>"

I will approach the body of the deer (because that's what normal people would do in this situation) and check to see if our good friend Rudolf is still alive.
>> No. 17727 edit
File 143399650619.png - (590.20KB , 796x589 , togdev21.png )
17727
You can tell now that you are close up that it is definitely dead. From what you can tell it appears to be from a bullet wound.

"Oi, what you doing there boy?" A gruff voice yells out at you from behind. Reeling around reveals a large old man carrying a backpack and a large rifle, who is heading towards you.
>> No. 17728 edit
File 131803167260.png - (144.19KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana1a.png )
17728
>>17727
"Sorry! I'm a bit of a mystery buff and I thought this deer was a human body so naturally I went to check it out I mean uh, I was just walking around to get some wood and I saw a trail of blood... You shot it?"
>> No. 17729 edit
File 143399707350.png - (591.80KB , 796x592 , togdev21b.png )
17729
>>17728
"It was I yes," he says as he gives you a stink eye, while apparently sizing you up. "City boy eh?" he comments before heading over to the deer and examining it with a displeased expression followed by a small click of the tongue.
>> No. 17730 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17730
>>17729
"I'm Kintaro Shirozaki. I'm staying here on vacation. Nice to meet you."
>> No. 17731 edit
File 143399787867.png - (552.52KB , 796x592 , wandering no snow.png )
17731
>>17730
"Kintaro eh... sounds familiar," he says while digging through his backpack. "Ichiro Fukushima is mine."

He then promptly pulls out a knife and plunges it into the carcass. The sound of tearing flesh unpleasantly crawls up your spine into your ear. He notices your reaction and speaks up, "I don't like an audience. Get going now."
>> No. 17732 edit
File 136911704860.png - (340.18KB , 500x375 , wdk_bird.png )
17732
>>17731
I continue my quest for wood and go to the house.
>> No. 17733 edit
File 142613462790.png - (581.11KB , 800x533 , wood.png )
17733
You leave the large man to his work and get back on the main path.

After a while you finally make it back to that part of the village and to the Yamada household. You head around back and find the pile of wood. You also find Jiro working on something under the little overhang. He doesn't notice you as of yet.
>> No. 17735 edit
Second Thread: Click Here
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason