[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 143399929865.jpg - (77.43KB , 640x480 , yamhouse.jpg )
17734 No. 17734 edit
First Thread: Click Here

-

Recap: Kinjo fled the city to get away from the press interested in the Rokkenjima incident. Now in the old mountain village of Nisekawa he is staying with his old friend Masato. After meeting various individuals it has now reached the second day.
Expand all images
>> No. 17736 edit
Items on Person: Wallet, Ticket Stubs, Detective Badge.

Maps:
Inn Map
Area Map Surrounding the Inn

Character so far:
Masato Ozawa
Yuuichi Ozawa
Kiyo
Koji
Hideki Kawashiro
Yoshiko
Jiro Yamada
Ayano Yamada
Yui Yamada
Lee
Shizuka Saginomiya
???
Ichiro Fukushima
Koichi - >>17550
>> No. 17739 edit
File 130833580277.png - (143.89KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia2.png )
17739
>>17736
I'll take some wood and walk up to Jiro.

"Good morning! How are you? Just thought I'd stop by for, uh... some more wood... yep, that's wood..."
>> No. 17740 edit
File 143416866274.png - (236.70KB , 498x360 , tools.png )
17740
>>17739
"Oh, more wood already? Well feel free, I am not exactly in short supply," he says with a chuckle.

You walk over to Jiro as you greet him and get a good look at the area. Seems he has a small workshop out back here and he was working on something as you arrived. The area is littered with different furniture... looking items. Some of them you can't really make out what exactly they are supposed to be at all, perhaps its some contemporary design.
>> No. 17741 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
17741
>>17740
"What'cha working on? Looks interesting."
>> No. 17742 edit
File 142613462790.png - (581.11KB , 800x533 , wood.png )
17742
>>17741
"Just a chair at the moment. I sell furniture... or well try to. I haven't really sold anything ever since I moved out here," he admits. That explains the sheer amount of the pieces lying around.
>> No. 17743 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17743
>>17742
"I see. Is it alright if I go inside?"
>> No. 17744 edit
File 143417095438.png - (477.35KB , 640x480 , togdev22.png )
17744
>>17743
"Actually, since you are here can I ask you a favor?" he says as he puts down his tools. "I was meaning to ask Masato but with him being busy and all... it's about my daughter, Yui. I think you saw yesterday but she isn't... well, very happy living here. She keeps running off and everytime I look she just keeps eluding me. I was thinking someone else might be able to find out where she goes, or maybe since Yuuichi is the only kid who tries to be friends he might. What do you think?"
>> No. 17745 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17745
>>17744
"I can ask Yuuichi for you. I don't know where she goes myself, though. Is she inside right now?"
>> No. 17746 edit
File 142613462790.png - (581.11KB , 800x533 , wood.png )
17746
>>17745
"Thanks," he says with some regret, "And no not at the moment."
>> No. 17750 edit
File 132519693937.png - (49.59KB , 196x195 , wwwwwww.png )
17750
>>17746
I'll go back to the inn and try to find Yuuichi.
>> No. 17751 edit
File 143459997468.png - (471.19KB , 600x447 , togdev23.png )
17751
>>17750
A quick walk around the corner and down the road brings you back to the inn. Looking around the ground floor you cant seem to find Yuuichi. Masato however was in his work room and notices you.

"Oh there you are. I saved breakfast for you if you are hungry, although I suppose it would be lunch at this point."
>> No. 17752 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
17752
>>17751
"Thanks. I'll go eat it now. By the way, do you know where Yuuichi is?"
>> No. 17753 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
17753
>>17751
"He went to the general store to buy some candy a few minutes ago," he says. You are also told that your food is in the fridge on a tray.
>> No. 17754 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
17754
>>17753
I eat the food.
>> No. 17755 edit
File 14346006299.png - (314.01KB , 550x412 , yum.png )
17755
>>17753
You head into the kitchen and Masato goes back inside the work room. The tray has some rice, tsukemono, and a small fish. Pretty standard breakfast. You quickly eat to your fill and put the dishes away.
>> No. 17756 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17756
>>17755
"So what's the plan for today?"

I'll go into the work room and ask Masato. If he's not there, I'll go to the general store.
>> No. 17757 edit
File 142205494833.png - (270.58KB , 640x480 , togdev1.png )
17757
>>17756
"Nothing today, I am just getting some taxes done myself. Tomorrow we promised to help set up for the meeting, but otherwise not much planned in this sleepy old village. Which is why I suggested it in the first place," he states.
>> No. 17758 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17758
>>17757
"Cool beans. Well, I'm off then. Be careful. As they say, only two things are certain in life: taxes, and death!"

Go to the general store.
>> No. 17759 edit
File 143460140665.png - (434.58KB , 600x449 , togdev24.png )
17759
>>17758
After a small chuckle from Masato you leave the inn and head to the general store.

After walking some more you see it come into view and just as you come in close Yuuichi walks out of front door. He quickly notices you.

"Kinzaki!" he calls out.
>> No. 17760 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
17760
>>17759
"Yuuichi! What's up?"
>> No. 17761 edit
File 143460192385.png - (309.07KB , 800x644 , metaru_upa.png )
17761
>>17760
He gives a excited gleam, "Look what I got," he says while holding out his hand. In it you see various little candies and other small packages that you can't really discern. "The old lady here had a bunch of old packs. My cousin will be so jealous."
>> No. 17762 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17762
>>17761
"Your cousin? Who's that?"
>> No. 17763 edit
File 143460525258.png - (462.27KB , 600x445 , togdev25.png )
17763
>>17762
"Their name is Yuki, the one who gave me those games remember?" he explains.

"Thanks again granny," you suddenly hear said from inside of the store.
You can see the young man you caught a brief look at upon arrival about to make his way out of the store. You are currently standing in the doorway.
>> No. 17764 edit
File 133246325856.png - (143.67KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana1.png )
17764
>>17763
"Hey, have we met before? I'm Kintaro Shirozaki. Nice to meet you."
>> No. 17765 edit
File 142207103339.jpg - (126.58KB , 600x450 , rofwedit.jpg )
17765
>>17764
He stops and gives you a look. "Koji Washinosu. You are are staying at Masato's inn if I recall?"
>> No. 17766 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
17766
>>17765
"Yeah, that's right. You have any plans for today? I'm bored."
>> No. 17767 edit
File 142277735518.png - (285.42KB , 563x409 , viledit2.png )
17767
>>17766
"What would you expect from a backwater town like this? See you," he says while rudely pushing past you and walks away.
>> No. 17768 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17768
>>17767
"All right, Yuuichi. Wanna play a game with me?"
>> No. 17769 edit
File 142207103339.jpg - (126.58KB , 600x450 , rofwedit.jpg )
17769
"A game. You mean like on the Nintendo?"
>> No. 17770 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17770
>>17769
"No, not like that. Hide and seek. I talked with your friend Yui and we decided to play. So she ran off somewhere. Could you help me find her?"
>> No. 17771 edit
File 143483691150.png - (361.65KB , 556x434 , togdev26.png )
17771
>>17770
Yuuichi shuffles his feet a bit, "I don't think Yui is my friend... She has not even said a word to me yet."
>> No. 17772 edit
File 13179496866.png - (145.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia1.png )
17772
>>17771
all the more reason to go find her!
"Oh, is that so? I saw you with her yesterday. So I thought you two would be friends."
>> No. 17773 edit
File 142277735518.png - (285.42KB , 563x409 , viledit2.png )
17773
>>17772
"I was with you at the time, I don't think she even noticed me," he admits.
>> No. 17774 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
17774
>>17773
"Well we will just have to fix that! Do you know where she goes when she runs off like that? If not we can go looking for her!"
>> No. 17775 edit
File 143460140665.png - (434.58KB , 600x449 , togdev24.png )
17775
>>17774
"I tried to follow her once, but I think she noticed me and I lost her in the trees."
>> No. 17776 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
17776
>>17775
"Hmmm... Which trees were those?"

I'll show him my map and he can point to where they were. Then we'll walk there.
>> No. 17777 edit
File 14234415289.png - (191.76KB , 300x400 , road23.png )
17777
>>17776
"Well... It was on the road to my house. I can show you where if you want," he says.
>> No. 17778 edit
File 142001244531.png - (51.34KB , 221x214 , wdk_majimea2a.png )
17778
>>17777
I will make a mental note on my mental map where this place is.
>> No. 17779 edit
File 143484341963.png - (75.24KB , 800x800 , treelocation.png )
17779
>>17778
You head back to that area of the village once again, this time stopping before you make it to the inn. You notice the shadows start to get longer within the trees. You can't see anything immediately as you gaze into the forest, but Yuuichi starts talking while you do so.

"Is this detective related?" he says quietly. "Since you had that badge and all I just... thought maybe..."
>> No. 17780 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
17780
>>17779
"...No. I'm really just on vacation here. But if something does happen... I am a detective. Yui's father is just worried about her, so I thought I'd do him a favor and go look for her."
>> No. 17781 edit
File 142205502786.jpg - (158.19KB , 800x600 , rofedit.jpg )
17781
>>17780
"Ok, I got it," he says with a sigh of relieve.


Edit July 1st: The game will now be on hiatus, Kinjo has some projects to finish first.
>> No. 17784 edit
File 143539294568.png - (416.22KB , 640x480 , 897646578765.png )
17784
>>17781
Patiently waiting for the continuation of, The Frostbitten Murders.
>> No. 18019 edit
File 131803127630.png - (153.62KB , 606x480 , wdk_akuwaraic1.png )
18019
>>17784
Thanks for waiting! Now that summer is over, and all our free time is taken up by school, our game will resume!

Go deeper into the forest.
>> No. 18020 edit
File 143399787867.png - (552.52KB , 796x592 , wandering no snow.png )
18020
>>18019
"I'm going to wait here okay?" Yuuichi calls as you head in deeper.

You make your way into the forest and thus into deep snow. You find most of the snow in this area to be undisturbed. Yuuichi can still be seen from where you stand.
>> No. 18021 edit
File 142001244531.png - (51.34KB , 221x214 , wdk_majimea2a.png )
18021
>>18020
dig in snow
>> No. 18022 edit
File 142277735518.png - (285.42KB , 563x409 , viledit2.png )
18022
>>18021
You dig around in the snow at your feet and find snow. After a foot or so the snow has become hard packed from repeated melting over the season. Needless to say you find nothing immediately.
>> No. 18023 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
18023
>>18022
"Ah, just as I thought! There's nothing here."

I return to Yuuichi and suggest we head back; we don't want to be gone for too long.
>> No. 18024 edit
File 142207887151.jpg - (165.85KB , 800x600 , x_bg07c.jpg )
18024
>>18023
You find Yuuichi patiently waiting at the edge of the forest and tell him your results.

"It's fine. She always runs off, but she always comes back," he says with confidence. The two of you head back the short distance to the inn and as you enter you can smell dinner in the air. There also appears to be conversation coming from the living room.
>> No. 18025 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
18025
>>18024
Let's go to the living room.
>> No. 18026 edit
File 144012643928.png - (747.01KB , 800x596 , togdev27.png )
18026
>>18025
You take off your shoes and enter the dinning room to find Lee and Masato already sitting at the table. "There you two are, " Masato says. "We were just waiting for you so we could start supper."

Lee gives you a pleasant wave and a smile.
>> No. 18027 edit
File 131803167260.png - (144.19KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana1a.png )
18027
>>18026
"Oh, sorry about keeping you waiting. Let's get to it!"

Eat food.
>> No. 18028 edit
File 143010528939.png - (709.22KB , 800x595 , togdev9d.png )
18028
>>18027
You have a calm meal with everyone not unlike yesterday. At some point after the dishes are cleared Masato says, "We should head over to the town hall around noon tomorrow, you don't need to bring anything though. Just reminding you that's all."

Lee has left the room at this point and Yuuichi has started playing some Nintendo.
>> No. 18073 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
18073
>>18028
I will play more Nintendo with Yuuichi for a while, until it's time to sleep.
>> No. 18074 edit
File 144064523518.png - (98.96KB , 238x204 , omgwhatamIdoing.png )
18074
>>18073
You sit down next to Yuuichi and find him playing the same game as before.

"This is the furthest I've ever gotten," he mentions as you sit down. He is much further ahead than before, and also seemed to hold off on the warp whistle.

Last edited at 15/08/26(Wed)20:13:55
>> No. 18075 edit
File 144064520211.jpg - (702.72KB , 726x1314 , fool_s_gold_by_kinjo_goldbar-d7ga7gz.jpg )
18075
>>18074
"Nice job! Be careful about that sun level though. Just keep running and don't look back."
>> No. 18076 edit
File 142216021457.png - (642.71KB , 800x600 , bg034_n_no.png )
18076
>>18075
You play with him for a while until he eventually does end up getting a gameover at the sun level.

"Aw so close too!" he yawns quietly. Masato walks in at this time, "Yuuichi you should get to bed now alright," he mentions with a smile.

With little resistance Yuuichi complies, "See you in the morning Kinzaki."
>> No. 18077 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
18077
>>18076
"Good night."

I will also go to sleep.
>> No. 18078 edit
File 144064588195.png - (662.67KB , 800x600 , bg50a.png )
18078
>>18077
You head back to your room without any random enemies encounters and open the door.
Looks like the room is just the same as ever.

You notice your daifuku has gotten kinda hard but sitting out all day, but still looks tasty. You quickly get to bed with out any issue.

----

End of Day 2

----
>> No. 18079 edit
File 144064609568.jpg - (8.68KB , 800x600 , blackasmyheart.jpg )
18079
BGM: Kami


1̜̩͎̘̻̖͉̀͐́͂̾ͨ͋͟1̶̢̒̋̍̽ͥ͑͂ͅ9̯̪̩̫̙̱̟͆ͮ̌̽1̜̬̥̣̥̒̊͆͗̇̔9̴̸͙̝͙̩͔̭ͥ̓̉͛̓ͨ͐1͎͇͋ͪͫ͢9͛ͮ̿�
�̴̠͟͞k̴̺͙̠̼͇̍̽ͧͬ̔̾͘ͅ1͉̪ͤ̒ͨ̋͞ͅ9̸̨̝͓͚̤͔͇͇̦̜̔ͮ̍̋ͣ̚͝1̶̯͎̯̳̈͐̌̍̌ͬ̓̄9̶̜̞̺̹̮̊ͨ̍̓̑̌͑̕1�
�̰͈ͮ̄ͧͪ͘ȋ̧̧͙͈͚ͨ͊ͯ̔ͫ̑9̨̗̖̖̦̣͙̆̋ͦͭ̅͊͝1̹̟̼̹̹͆̃͜9̶̳͎̤̙ͪͨͯ̈ͯ͐̈ǹ̗̣̠̟̳̲ͫ͗ͩͨ͗̈̃͜1̄ͦ̌�
�̝̱̠̻̩̲̭̮̎͂̀̄͞9̧̨̲̲̠̝̩͍͓̟̤̎̊̋̀1̠͚̰͈͂̎̍͊͢ͅ9̘͔̤̃͂1̑̃͐ͧ̾ͥ͆̾͏̢̺̯͉̠̲̰̱͕j̤̰̤̇̿ͮ͂͐̌́̀
̝̯̰̩9̈̎̿ͣ̈͏̮̣1̤͓͈̺͖̼̞̥̒͢9̛̦̤͇ͪͩͤͧ̂ͬ̾̌̀o̘̜̫̙̼̎ͩ̌͟͟1̶̧̬̙̪̙̐ͬ̑̑͂͒ͨͣ9̸͚̭͐͑͑̉̾̕͜1ͦͮ�
�̢̹s̩͈͍̖̎͛͑͛̓̿̋̎9̪̗̰͈̲̫͙̯͑̌ͅ1̧͇̳͕̥͉̿ͅ9̩̺̌͂̉̽͛́͞1̰̲ͥ̉ͣ͜9̩̰̲̦̫͇͓̊̎͑̕͟ṳ̱̘̋̐͑̉̒ͩ͗̓
͉1̸̵̦͕̺̝̤̭ͤ̾̇̆ͩ9͖̬̻̟̦̖̥̩̺̆ͮ̚͢1ͯͫͨ͒́͏̱̳̳̺̪͚̻͙́9̡̹̜͍̘̍͛̒ͥͣͦ́̽x̠͚̟̙̰̻̅ͬ̂͑͑̉͠1ͤ̋ͩ̚
̨̺̺̉ͅ9̖̠̱͍̺̭͑̈́ͩ͆̕

The darkness engulfs you. Left... Right? Where is it?

A familiar sensation from behind... Looks like the window is open.

You feel a burn as the wax falls on your hand. Right you are holding a candle. Gotta get out of here.

You walk towards the door and an isolated gust of wind brushes over you, the light has gone out.

You fall, pain searing _____ ______.

1̯̣̻̻̫̲̼̅ͣ͋̎͠1̵̵̨̥̬͖̾͐p̨̧̻͎̮̫̠̂ͬ̓͗̚9̭̫̿1̵ͦͤ̽́͏̫̟9̸̼̹̺̫̣ͯͫ̂̈́̅̿1͖̟̹̻̭̰̝ͨͥ̚ͅr̈́̏ͦ̊͂
̥̮̝9̷̝̼̜̀̅ͮ͐̿͑ͫ1̙̗̱̯̯̅̕͝9̸̴̯͓͚̝̊̈́̒͒͛̌̅ͭ͘ͅo̷̧͚͚͈̫ͬ̉̆͡1̡͓͎̩̞̤͍̪͔̔̊͒͐ͨ9ͯͭ̅̔ͣ̊̽́҉̱
̤̝̫ͅ1̱͙̩̥̅̄ͧ̊̓̎̂̾ͥ9̈̆̑̔ͬ̚̚͏̺̼̳̳̘̠̩͠t̡̠̖͓͓̥̙̞͔̓̀͗͑ͫ1͙̖̝̟̖͈̟̀͌̀͜9̜̭̜̫̃ͥ̈ͭ̎ͪͅ1ͬ͊̚
ͧ̂͆̈́͊̅҉͓̗͔̱̹eͤ̑̓̌ͧ͗ͨ̚͏̷̯̫̘͇̯̰9̵̖͚͈̠̥̒̋͗ͧ̈̾ͤ1̺̖̰̝̜͕̈́ͧ͌̊́͜͠9͙͖̲̺̹̑̈̈̋͗̈́̂c̨͎̤ͦ̀�
�̘̱̺̘1̼̜̹̙͇̥̹̭͂̆ͮ̑͛ͮͫ́̀9̴̜̥̹̙͕̍̄̒͊t̛̛̫̪̖̭͐ͯ̓ͦ̀1̵͓͉͈ͦ̏ͦ̈ͪ́̕͜ͅ9̸̤̠̘̗̳̹͋ͬ͜ÿ̹͖̲̜͠�
�̠̼1̡̱̫̥͙̜̝͓̟̄͊ͤͦͫ̑9̶̙͇̫̳̫̟̐̒͊ͫ̄1̶ͦ͂͋̅̄҉̲̼͓̤̺̖͍u̢̥̹̭̗̬̹͂̏̕9ͫ̎͐͏͏̟̘͝1̨ͦ̑̾̏͗̍̀̃̚�
�̭͍̲̦͡9ͩ͏̧͉̞̤͕̗̼̪o̷̡̯̎ͫ̍1̼͓̮̆ͦͥͭ͞9̷̨̫̤͉̗͎́ͥ1̹͍̤̍͋̓͋̔ͤm̹̌ͥ̃̂ͦ̂9̵͖͙̭̜ͣ̓1̞̮͙ͪ̅9̐ͯͦ͌
̢͉̤͍̦̇ͦ̿̑a̢͚͊̅͠1̧̛̹̺͑́͛͡9̖̘̹͖̼͑ͯ͆̂ͪͫ͂ͬ͆͡͝ͅ1͍̬̭̦̱̮ͫ̈̈́ͮ͐̍̆͊̏r̷͔͔̻̳̰͋͒͝9̞͙͕̇͌͌̀̀͟
̦̻ͅ1̞̮̳͚̰̩̻̔ͣ͆͑ͩͥ̄ͦ͝9̭̮͍̙͍ͯ́̐ͤ́̔ͫ̚͡i͚͈͂̄̐ͨͦ1̰̖̮͎͛̊̔͊ͬͩͪ9͐ͪ̈́̄͏̡̦̯͡ͅa̵͖ͬ̓̎ͪͤ͐ͫ́͞
͉̼1̛̜̞̭̤̫͙̬͕̬͗͋ͫ̀ͤͨ̀9̡̼̘̺̖̗͋͂͑̍1̧̖̮̝̔̃͑̿̅9̭͍̥̱͙̹̜̖̈́̇͐ͣ̆ͧ͢1̴̫̣̲̎̃̀̚̕9͎̒̊͛̓͛͠1ͫ̌�
�̴̪̙ͭ̇ͨ̔͡9̹͓̗̗̬͉̎͂̍͝1̶͕̜͚͕̉̅͂̉͗
>> No. 18080 edit
File 143071838730.png - (138.02KB , 752x547 , nightlight.png )
18080
>>18079
You jolt up with a start. Another dream...?

It takes you a moment, but suddenly you hear something. Was it just your ears?
Looking around the room reveals nothing out of place; your coat is still there, same with the luggage and daifuku. But what-

As you scour the room with your eyes you clearly hear something in the hallway. The door is slightly cracked open as well.
>> No. 18081 edit
File 132910244769.png - (40.97KB , 480x434 , wdk_left.png )
18081
>>18080
Carefully peek out the door to see what's going on.
>> No. 18082 edit
File 144064646539.gif - (708.67KB , 1024x768 , i_can_see_you.gif )
18082
>>18081

>> No. 18121 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18121
>>18082
I will check each guestroom on my way down the hall to see if anything or anyone is inside. If nothing interesting happens, I'll go downstairs.
>> No. 18122 edit
File 144185831956.gif - (706.16KB , 1024x768 , do_you_see_me.gif )
18122
>>18121
>> No. 18123 edit
File 144185856260.png - (400.16KB , 800x600 , inndark.png )
18123
>>18122
As you move into the hall the lights stop flickering. You find the other rooms to be locked, including the door to the balcony.

Heading downstairs you do not notice anything out of the norm. It's silent and dark.
>> No. 18124 edit
File 132963310899.png - (50.23KB , 221x214 , wdk_avatar4.png )
18124
>>18123
Once downstairs I will go to the bathroom and relieve myself
(I didn't wet the bed this time!)


Last edited at 15/09/09(Wed)21:24:06
>> No. 18125 edit
File 143071838730.png - (138.02KB , 752x547 , nightlight.png )
18125
>>18124
You go to the bathroom without any issue.

After relieving yourself you have calmed down, and sleepiness starts to creep back into your mind. You are currently in the downstairs hall.
>> No. 18126 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
18126
>>18125
I make my way back to my room, closing and locking the door.

Looks like I was just paranoid. Well, even if there was some sort of murder happening right now, I really don't want to get myself involved in it anyway.

I'll try going back to sleep.
>> No. 18127 edit
File 143068275132.png - (452.70KB , 800x600 , bg50c.png )
18127
>>18126
You lock the door and fall back asleep without another care.

---
>> No. 18128 edit
File 142215496459.png - (690.95KB , 800x600 , bg50.png )
18128
>>18127
You wake up, somewhat refreshed. At least this time you aren't drenched in sweat. Looking around the room shows that nothing is out of place.

As you get dressed you notice Lee heading out from the inn once again in the direction of the abandoned houses. This time however he isn't quite out of sight yet.
>> No. 18129 edit
File 132519693937.png - (49.59KB , 196x195 , wwwwwww.png )
18129
>>18128
Holding a piece of daifuku in my mouth, I jump out the window and try to follow Lee without being noticed.
>> No. 18130 edit
File 142207103339.jpg - (126.58KB , 600x450 , rofwedit.jpg )
18130
>>18129
You open the window trying to stuff the sweet into your mouth and fall face first out of the window.

Luckily the snow is plentiful and you sustain minimal damage. Lee hasn't seem to notice you either, miraculously. You follow him all the way back to where you lost him the first time.

You witness him enter the same house as before.
>> No. 18131 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
18131
>>18130
I'll follow him into the abandoned house.
>> No. 18132 edit
File 144186096599.png - (518.37KB , 600x458 , togdev28.png )
18132
>>18131
You enter the house and see him setting up a tripod next to the window overlooking the area. He notices you as you move in.

"Kinzaki! You up early yes?" he calmly states as he lowers his camera from the bag.

Last edited at 15/09/09(Wed)21:56:05
>> No. 18270 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
18270
>>18132
"Morning. Yeah, it's pretty early. What are you doing with that camera out here?"

Last edited at 15/10/01(Thu)23:22:13
>> No. 18271 edit
File 143222422739.png - (818.92KB , 970x670 , abhouse.png )
18271
>>18270
"I told you I am photographer, yes? How about you?" he says lifting his camera with a smile. You don't notice anything different about the room from the last time you were here.
>> No. 18272 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
18272
>>18271
"I usually go for a morning walk. And I also like photography, but I forgot my camera at home. Can I use yours?"
>> No. 18273 edit
File 144376727850.png - (484.10KB , 600x412 , togdev29.png )
18273
>>18272
"Ah well, it work camera, special film," he says with a sorry look as he rubs his head. He also picks up his tripod and bag. "Umm, many photos to take, have good walk."
He will then start to leave the house through the doorway behind you.
>> No. 18443 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
18443
>>18273
With my attempt to gain a camera thwarted, I head over to the town area to see what's up.
>> No. 18444 edit
File 142276768193.png - (187.10KB , 419x340 , togdev14.png )
18444
>>18443
You make your way in the cold morning to the town center. There there is not much movement, save for in the distance at a large building outside of the center.

As you go over to investigate the signs tell you that you that this is the town hall; the place you were meant to help out at today.

The old man you met before comes up to you. You can't remember his name, almost like it was months ago that you heard it. "Ah Shirazaki, you are a bit early but that eagerness be appreciated. Masato is on his way I take it?

Last edited at 15/10/31(Sat)22:18:36
>> No. 18445 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
18445
>>18444
"Oh, uh yes, I'm sure he'll be here soon. How and where can I get started?"
>> No. 18446 edit
File 144635630527.png - (496.75KB , 800x600 , bg031_d_no.png )
18446
>>18445
"Alright well first thing is first. We need to take all the tables out of storage," he says pointing over to a small shed outside of the house. He continues to explain the process and you conclude that most if not all the work is just lifting supplies and other goods into the house to set up rooms and areas for the meeting.

With that said you grab a box and head towards the building. "Take a left and put er down in the large room, you'll know it when you see it," the man calls out to you as you get a head start.

You enter the building, the hallways goes right and left. There is also a small room in front of you.
>> No. 18447 edit
File 138718013054.png - (142.83KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia2.png )
18447
>>18446
I do as he says and make a left turn and put the box down in the big room. Afterward I attempt to look inside the box if possible.
>> No. 18448 edit
File 144635669314.png - (376.92KB , 600x522 , interior3.png )
18448
>>18447
You believe you find the room without any trouble. There are a few boxes already in the room. You take a peek inside and find a few dinner trays and mostly various zabutons with backrests inside. Further down the hall you have come down to this room you can hear someone else unpacking and setting up.

You are currently in the large meeting room.
>> No. 18449 edit
File 142277483810.png - (40.96KB , 480x434 , wdk_right.png )
18449
>>18448
I decide to check out this mysterious other unpacker.
>> No. 18450 edit
File 144635759198.png - (214.12KB , 409x353 , togdev30.png )
18450
>>18449
You creep down the hall and find a room with some pictures lining the walls. Inside you see the old lady Yoshiko, the women you met yesterday at the shrine. She is dusting some of the shelves and pictures.
>> No. 18453 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
18453
>>18450
I will go back to my own unpacking business, leaving her alone.
>> No. 18454 edit
File 144642659196.png - (274.84KB , 509x413 , togdev31.png )
18454
>>18453
You continue back to work, periodically bring boxes into the house. After awhile on your way back into the house you see Masato walking from down the road.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. Looks like you found your way here after all. Guess I didn't have to worry."
>> No. 18455 edit
File 131795595756.png - (143.05KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana2.png )
18455
>>18454
"Yeah, well I guess you could say it involved a lot of luck... But I made it here! How's it going?"
>> No. 18456 edit
File 144642776020.png - (285.14KB , 581x415 , togdev32.png )
18456
>>18455
BGM: Cold

"Well not so well, Yuuichi hurt his feet, so that's why I was late..."

As you are talking you notice an old man walking up from behind Masato. He speaks up; "You brought more city folk around here Masato?"

"Is there something wrong with that?" Masato says with a laugh. The old man doesn't smile but looks like he is joking along none the less.
"Well it's not of my concern, already have my hands full with spineless city goers," he says giving you to size you up.

"This is Heihachiro Washinosu," Masato points out, "He owns the mansion in the upmost part of the area of the village I live."
>> No. 18457 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
18457
>>18456
"Nice to meet you. I'm Kintaro Shirozaki. Or just 'Kinzaki' if you prefer."
>> No. 18459 edit
File 142207268095.png - (363.01KB , 556x436 , viledit1.png )
18459
>>18457
"Hmm, well met," he grumbles before continuing "Well I better take my seat before that she-devil appears." He then starts to sluggishly head into the house although finds some trouble on the steps. Before you can start to wonder about helping the old man Masato seems to read your mind.

"He should at least get a cane. Fighting against his age like that won't do him any good... Anyway, now that I am here let's pick up the pace alright?"
>> No. 18460 edit
File 13302100794.png - (49.06KB , 221x214 , wdk_avatar6.png )
18460
>>18459
"Sure thing."
I pick up the pace.
>> No. 18461 edit
File 144643019647.png - (561.54KB , 663x498 , togdev33.png )
18461
>>18460
You diligently work to as you see a few more people enter and disappear to the back rooms. As you are walking back through the halls you hear someone speaking very high and mighty from around the corner.

"Isao, go find the boy and convey the message. If this continues further let him know there will be repercussions," a stern feminine voice states.

As you pass a junction a man in a suit almost bumps into you. With a small bow he turns and heads out of the building. Around the corner you happen to catch a glimpse of the owner of said voice and the others accompanying her. The nicely dressed older women is with a tiny man at her side at the end of the hall. Along with the girl you met at the shrine.

"Come now Shizuka," she says, followed by a quick "Yes mother," from Shizuka. The group of them head out of your sight and a few moments later you get back to work.
>> No. 18462 edit
File 144643049214.png - (201.51KB , 330x327 , togdev34.png )
18462
>>18461
Just as your body starts to get sore you find the work to be done and your arms to be resting on a shelve near the entrance. You find Hideki having a chuckle at your expense.
"Tired already huh boy? Well ye did good. Thanks for the help."
>> No. 18613 edit
File 131803167260.png - (144.19KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana1a.png )
18613
>>18462
"Even though we picked up the pace, it felt like a month and a half. Well anyway, no problem. Anything else we can do for you?"
>> No. 18614 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
18614
>>18613
"Nope, all done. Oh, yes. Masato said if you are heading back, check on Yuuichi. That's all, and thanks again," he says while waving his hand as he walks away.
>> No. 18615 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
18615
>>18614
"All right! See you later."

Before leaving, I try to see where that group of people went to see if I can find them.
>> No. 18616 edit
File 144635630527.png - (496.75KB , 800x600 , bg031_d_no.png )
18616
>>18615
You recall that everyone gathered in in the main hall and must have commenced the meeting at this point. You can hear some bits of it, getting funding for fixing an old road, trying to find some aspect to advertise about the village, etc. Something tells you that it will be more of the same from then on out.
>> No. 18617 edit
File 142001244531.png - (51.34KB , 221x214 , wdk_majimea2a.png )
18617
>>18616
I'll go outside and see if there's a window where I can see who is in the meeting. Then after getting a head count I'll return to Masato's place to see Yuuichi.
>> No. 18618 edit
File 14506721351.png - (454.29KB , 600x445 , togdev35.png )
18618
>>18617
You remember that it is a Japanese styled hall with only sliding doors. You decide to head home anyway.

As you make your way home you see in the distance Koji arguing with another man you recognize. Or so it first seemed, upon closer inspection you can tell Isao has knocked Koji down. From where you are you can catch bits of their conversation without them noticing you.

"Get it through your head already kid. You've caused enough damage," Isao says calmly.

With a look of spite as he picks himself off the ground Koji mutters, "What's so wrong with it? I just want to talk-" Which is interrupted by a swift kick to the side.

"Take your words elsewhere. Whether its right or wrong isn't for you to decide." Following a few moments of silence, Koji seems to submit. Isao walks off, while Koji picks himself up. He is still unaware of you.
>> No. 18619 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
18619
>>18618
I walk up to Koji.

"So what was that all about?"
>> No. 18620 edit
File 145067333869.png - (463.27KB , 600x447 , togdev36.png )
18620
>>18619
Koji stops, obviously surprised you noticed. He however suddenly changes as if it was no big deal.

"Something I need to deal with by myself. You must have came from the town hall, do you know if my f- was old man Washinosu there?"
>> No. 18621 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
18621
>>18620
"Yeah, I saw him in there. Why?"
>> No. 18622 edit
File 142207103339.jpg - (126.58KB , 600x450 , rofwedit.jpg )
18622
>>18621
"Typical. It's nothing, he's just... stubborn. Anyway thanks, that's all," he goes to walk away.
>> No. 18623 edit
File 14234415289.png - (191.76KB , 300x400 , road23.png )
18623
>>18618
You let him leave and make your way once again back to the inn.

...

As you pass by the ruined building however you suddenly hear a sharp break of glass. Looking up at the building nothing comes into view. Right before you are about to leave, thinking it was nothing, you hear more movement clearly coming from the second floor.
>> No. 18624 edit
File 13179444284.png - (153.54KB , 606x480 , wdk_akuwaraib1.png )
18624
>>18623
I do the only rational thing and decide to check it out myself.
>> No. 18625 edit
File 145067486826.png - (119.73KB , 400x224 , abandon3a.png )
18625
>>18624
You enter the sketchy building cautiously. The first thing you see is just how dilapidated the whole structure is. Chunks of metal piping litter the ground and some of the walls have huge holes in them. The the direct left in the entrance is a staircase. Once inside the building you can tell there are a number of similar rooms for the whole floor down the single hall. All of which hard to make any really connection to what they may have been if not for Masato telling you.

Upstairs appears to be more of the same. Thankfully the staircase seems to be the one thing holding up in this place. Down the hall you can see more of the similar rooms, most missing any sign of a door. As you make it to the floor however you step on a piece of glass, and the movement you were tracking suddenly stops. It sounded like it was coming from one of the rooms about halfway down the hallway.
>> No. 18626 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18626
>>18625
I carefully go to the room where the sound was coming from.
>> No. 18627 edit
File 145067516768.png - (591.37KB , 634x522 , abandon.png )
18627
>>18626
Without issue you make it to the room.

Inside you find it to be more of the same, or so you thought. There are a number of chairs and old sheets set up and stacked around a corner of the room. The first thing that comes to mind is a makeshift home of some sort. There is a door to another room to the left, the window frames directly in front, and a unusually large hole on the ground to the left in the room. There are a few more desks and chairs thrown about the room.

No sign of the movement has returned however.
>> No. 18628 edit
File 142344301350.png - (531.46KB , 779x694 , wdk_niramua2e.png )
18628
>>18627
I will check out the hole and then move to the room to the left.
>> No. 18629 edit
File 145067610449.png - (470.36KB , 759x584 , abandon2.png )
18629
>>18628
The hole appears to have collapsed into the bottom floor, the room below looks mostly intact, and mostly just has a bunch of rubble in the middle where the hole is. You could probably walk down along the one large piece of the floor that remains intact. Almost like a slide.

As you peer into the hole you hear a quick succession of footsteps behind you, and turning around shows the sheets flapping and the sound of footsteps dashing down the hallway you just came from.
>> No. 18630 edit
File 132519693937.png - (49.59KB , 196x195 , wwwwwww.png )
18630
>>18629
I jump down the hole and head to the stairs in order to catch the person running away.
>> No. 18631 edit
File 145067739881.png - (9.47KB , 705x357 , ruinmap.png )
18631
>>18630
You slide down the hole on your feet and miraculously end up nailing it, looking like a badass. Shame no one was around to see it.

In the first floor hallway you find nothing, and quickly make it to the stairs. As you station yourself there looking around you listen carefully for the footsteps... However they seem to have vanished.
>> No. 18632 edit
File 145067820718.png - (1.15MB , 1280x720 , defeat_the_space_ripper_stingy_eyes.png )
18632
>>18631
I close the front door and place a ticket stub in the crack at a specific height of the door. After memorizing this location I head back up the stairs without making much noise, then take out some change from my wallet and throw it across the second floor hallway.
>> No. 18633 edit
File 145067486826.png - (119.73KB , 400x224 , abandon3a.png )
18633
>>18632
You do so without an issue.

You throw the change and it bounces off the ground making a distinct noise... Following however is silence. Not a sound.
>> No. 18634 edit
File 145067914914.png - (1.07MB , 1280x720 , checkmate.png )
18634
>>18633
I continue to throw change as I walk down the hallway. When I stop by a room I'll peek inside to see who is there. I will repeat this until I've looked inside all the rooms.
>> No. 18635 edit
File 14234415289.png - (191.76KB , 300x400 , road23.png )
18635
>>18634
You do so, checking in each room to find most of them are rather empty. Perhaps most of the furniture was gathered into that one room you found.

After you run out of change and also check the rooms, finding nobody on the second floor, you go downstairs and see outside the entrance a small path through the snow that you remember wasn't there before. It leads from from behind the building and onto the main road. Looks like whoever that was escaped.
>> No. 18636 edit
File 14227645656.png - (873.69KB , 800x599 , togdev13.png )
18636
>>18635
You find the ticket stub still there, and take it with you. You then continue back to the inn.

...

After all of those interruptions you finally make it back. You enter the inn and rather quickly find Yuuichi where you would expect him, the living room. You notice his feet are wrapped up in bandages.

"Hi Kinzaki," he says still full with the usual energy while playing some nintendo.
>> No. 18637 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
18637
>>18636
"Hey. So what happened to your feet?"
>> No. 18638 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
18638
>>18637
"Yeah," he looks down at his feet, "Dad says I sleepwalk, and end up hurting my feet sometimes. But I'm used to it."

After a few moments as you can expect, he asks if you would like to play with him some more.
>> No. 18639 edit
File 14506807044.png - (564.00KB , 944x1080 , kinjoplaysmario.png )
18639
>>18638
"I'm always up for a game."
>> No. 18640 edit
File 142276502739.png - (731.35KB , 800x599 , togdev15.png )
18640
>>18639
You and Yuuichi play some more, as you check every so often the time on the VRC changes until it is late at night. Masato comes home and the three of you have dinner. Lee is absent.

Masato thanks you for helping out today, and after that everyone heads off to sleep. You enter your room and once again get some rest.

---

End of Day 3

---
>> No. 18641 edit
File 145068134752.jpg - (14.05KB , 636x476 , 4.jpg )
18641
>>18640
BGM: Sleeping in a Peaceful Place

You head rests comfortably on a pillow. The fresh aroma of breakfast in the air. You can hear someone talking in the distance, or two people rather. They sound some how... familiar...

Putting your slippers on you exit the room and take a peek inside.
>> No. 18642 edit
File 145068152050.png - (226.84KB , 648x491 , whathaveidone.png )
18642
>>18641
"Ah Kinjo darling breakfast is done come and get it," the women you see says happily from the kitchen where you can now see they reside. There is also a rather strapping gentleman sitting at the table reading newspaper.

"There's my boy. Join your mother and I for a meal. You are always up and about never sleeping in surely you have time."

'Oh don't rub it in dear," the women says, "We love you all the same Kinji-poo."

The saccharine scene envelopes you and you sink into place. On top of it all you have arms to eat your eight coarse meal of cookies with.
>> No. 18643 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
18643
>>18642
I eat a cookie.
>> No. 18644 edit
File 142215496459.png - (690.95KB , 800x600 , bg50.png )
18644
>>18643
You sink your teeth into the cookie and everything slowly mellows out until its nothing more than a mist in your mind.

---

You wake up, the sun has risen. For once you feel... pretty good. You were having a dream but, for once it wasn't all that bad. Those certainly weren't your parents, but at the very least perhaps this vacation is soothing after all.

You find everything in order and hear someone up and about downstairs. Although the exact aroma isn't the same you can indeed smell breakfast just like in your dream.
>> No. 18645 edit
File 134170555454.png - (41.35KB , 434x480 , wdk_up.png )
18645
>>18644
I get dressed, etc. and head downstairs for breakfast.
>> No. 18646 edit
File 143459997468.png - (471.19KB , 600x447 , togdev23.png )
18646
>>18645
Immediately heading downstairs you see Masato.

"Morning," he pauses to look back at you, "You look lively today."
>> No. 18647 edit
File 138718013054.png - (142.83KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia2.png )
18647
>>18646
"Got some good sleep last night. Ready to solve some puzzles, if you know what I mean!"

Last edited at 15/12/23(Wed)16:32:15
>> No. 18648 edit
File 145091725776.png - (439.45KB , 800x600 , rice1.png )
18648
>>18647
"Well in any case if you are looking for breakfast you will have to wait. I've ran out of oil this time. Just going to pop over to the Yamada's -" he says as opening the door after putting on his shoes. However as he does so you hear a muffled scream come from outside and he looks in said direction.

Stepping outside you can see it is a bit misty today and it has snowed over night. The warm feeling spreading through your chest quickly vanishes. You can see Ayano outside in front of her house looking at something in the snow.
>> No. 18649 edit
File 131794827616.png - (161.05KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia2.png )
18649
>>18648
I approach Ayano to see what is the matter.
>> No. 18650 edit
File 143399601282.jpg - (61.67KB , 900x600 , blood.jpg )
18650
>>18649
BGM: Kako

As you head over to the house Jiro comes out the front door beside Ayano and bends down over the object of interest. Standing up as you come closer, and Masato who is following, to arrive in front of them.

There laying there in the snow is the sprawled body of a man. A thin layer of snow has covered it. Jiro looks at you with a stupefied look and simply says, "Old man Washinosu... he's dead..."

Looking around the area you see directly beside the house various flower pots covered in snow. There are power lines on the other side of the road and behind them are the rice fields that sink into the ground. Ayano and Jiro are standing in front of the open door to their house, the body being directly in front of them.
>> No. 18651 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18651
>>18650
"So... Do you think this was murder?"
>> No. 18652 edit
File 145091850031.png - (298.50KB , 533x412 , togdev37.png )
18652
>>18651
The three of them quickly look up at you incredulously.

Masato puts his hand on your shoulder and whispers, "Kinjo I know what you've been through but announcing murder right off the bat might just cause panic..."

Jiro says while shaking his head, "I haven't a clue. I mean, he was old so passing while walking seems possible... I checked his pulse, but..." Ayano seems to be holding to her husband and in agreement, although silent.
>> No. 18653 edit
File 145091866725.png - (18.48KB , 800x600 , washinosudead.png )
18653
>>18652
Map
>> No. 18654 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
18654
>>18652
"What about that blood in the snow?"

Check the body for the cause of death. Also, check to see if he left any footprints and where they came from.
>> No. 18655 edit
File 145091949886.jpg - (91.38KB , 640x480 , snowroad.jpg )
18655
>>18654
You notice the blood is mostly stained his clothing and covered up by the snow, in fact perhaps just your history with crime scenes made you instantly notice it through the layer. You check the body for an apparent cause of death, while there is some other damage you quickly spot the source of the blood... a small stab wound in his stomach.

You notice an apparent lack of footprints past the body down the road. In fact you can clearly see only four tracks; the two you and Masato made, and the two coming from the Yamada's house.
>> No. 18656 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18656
>>18655
"He most likely died last night. Notice the lack of footprints. They must've been covered with snow overnight. It also appears that my intuition was right -- he has a stab wound right here."
>> No. 18657 edit
File 145092078336.png - (33.30KB , 455x368 , hi.png )
18657
>>18656
"No way..." Masato mutters. You hear a small movement from the house and see Yui looking through the window above the door down at the scene. Her face a blank stare. The others follow your gaze as well.

"Yui! Don't look!" Ayano cries and she enters the house. Jiro is about to go in too, however remains with you. As you look back up the child has removed themselves from the window.

"If he died last night then it it must have been after one in the morning. Since otherwise I would have seen him out here," Jiro mentions.
>> No. 18658 edit
File 145092108425.png - (144.49KB , 434x480 , wdk_nakua2.png )
18658
>>18657
"We should probably call the police. But before that, let me investigate these flower pots and power lines."
>> No. 18659 edit
File 142207550490.png - (238.65KB , 569x481 , roadupedit.png )
18659
>>18658
"I'll do that," Jiro volunteers and enters his home.

There are four large flower pots lined along the side of the house. You would assume they are empty, but from the amount of snow pilled on top you can't be sure. There is so much snow stacked on that they have started to take a cone shape. Only one of them seems to have reached that height at least, seeing how the rest of the snow cones have fallen over.

The power lines connect at the intersection behind you and head out in each direction. They are held up with shoddy wooden poles, some of which have foot holds. Further down the road from where you are standing you can see them curve and head up the sloped hill.
>> No. 18660 edit
File 13082697241.png - (160.87KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua1.png )
18660
>>18659
I will remove the snow from the flower pots and investigate the insides of each pot.
>> No. 18661 edit
File 145092231492.png - (259.10KB , 500x375 , frozendirt.png )
18661
>>18660
You push the snow off the pots and take a closer look. Inside some of them you find a few dead plants. All of them have a good portion of frozen dirt inside, and one has a spade stuck deeply into it.
>> No. 18662 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
18662
>>18661
I will remove the spade if possible and inspect it for anything such as blood.
>> No. 18663 edit
File 145092320881.jpg - (5.64KB , 193x160 , snowpath2.jpg )
18663
>>18662
Attempting to pull out the spade proves to be useless. It is completely stuck with even part of the handle embedded into the dirt and frozen over. From where it is you can't see any sign of blood however, and none of the dirt looks disturbed.
>> No. 18664 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
18664
>>18663
I will search the pockets of the deceased.
>> No. 18665 edit
File 145092442999.png - (29.75KB , 200x163 , candy.png )
18665
>>18664
You brush the rest of the snow off the body and search. Your results are three small candies, the kind you could probably buy at Kiyo's store. You find nothing else of note inside his clothing.
>> No. 18678 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18678
>>18665
I will check each individual power line pole for anything suspicious.
>> No. 18679 edit
File 142207550490.png - (238.65KB , 569x481 , roadupedit.png )
18679
>>18665
You look over the three poles that are across from the house. They stand right on the slope that goes into the rice field and they have fresh snow stacked on top of the black wires. They look rather old and you bet could snap with a few strong hits with an axe or something similar.

At this time Jiro returns from the house with snow gear on, "The phone's are down. I'm going to Kiyo's."

Before you can question it Masato adds, "The phone lines here are unreliable, this happens often. Kiyo has the closet landline assuming the rest of them in this area are toast."
Jiro would head out unless you have something else to tell him.
>> No. 18681 edit
File 13082697241.png - (160.87KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua1.png )
18681
>>18679
I'm going to follow Jiro to Kiyo's house and get away from the crime scene.
>> No. 18682 edit
File 145186675361.png - (175.81KB , 428x326 , togdev38.png )
18682
>>18681
At this time from behind you hear someone walking up. "What is going on?" a stern voice you remember calls out. Turning around shows Ichiro standing close to Misato looking down at the body, then quickly up to you and then Misato.

"It's Heihachiro. He's..." Misato starts to explain. With understanding eyes Ichiro remains silent for a few seconds.

"Well let's not just stand here. Someone will have to fetch Koichi, for now we should move him to his house. Can't just leave him out for everyone to see." Ichiro moves over to the body.
>> No. 18683 edit
File 145186774763.png - (386.43KB , 557x409 , togdev39.png )
18683
>>18682
You leave Masato and Ichiro to deal with the body and follow after Jiro. You catch up to him pretty quickly and the two of you head to Kiyo's.

The front of the store has a small opening where you can enter without the store being open you see. "The phone is right around here," Jiro tells you. Sure enough it seems like a sort of public line is there.

"Um, do you want to do the talking?"
>> No. 18684 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
18684
>>18683
"Sure."

I dial the number for the police and wait for them to pick up.
>> No. 18685 edit
File 145186860258.png - (54.29KB , 500x375 , phone.png )
18685
>>18684
You dial 110 without issue and after a moment it connects.

"XX Prefecture Emergency Line. How may I help?"
>> No. 18686 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
18686
>>18685
I tell them:
-we have found a dead body
-outside in the snow at Ayano's house
-belongs to Washinosu
-wounds suggest it was murder
>> No. 18687 edit
File 145187001682.png - (164.19KB , 343x296 , togdev40.png )
18687
>>18686
They tell you:

-Police will attempt to come
-Snow makes it difficult and might take a few days.

Other then that just the general stuff before you hang up.

As you leave the store front you see Isao walk up to you a bit out of breath.

"Here to use the phone as well?" Jiro moved out of the way to motion its free.

After catching his breath Isao confirms, "Yes, I need to make a business call. You see I'm afraid Ma'am passed during the night."

"Wha- another?" Jiro manages.

Isao looks at him then at you quizzically, "Another?"
>> No. 18688 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18688
>>18687
I tell him about the first death. Then I ask about the other.

"What happened?"
>> No. 18689 edit
File 142207103339.jpg - (126.58KB , 600x450 , rofwedit.jpg )
18689
>>18688
"Well I don't know about that. She passed in her sleep. When I went to wake her up she was already gone. I found her in her futon. Anyway, if you would excuse me..." he would then go to the phone.

Jiro starts to walk back.
>> No. 18690 edit
File 145187386485.png - (73.62KB , 800x800 , main map.png )
18690
>>18689
You walk back and upon return see the body to be gone. Jiro parts with you and enters his house. You are current standing at the crossroad. You can see Isao's path of footprints heading off to the right, Masato's and Ichiro's to the left past Jiro's house. Doesn't seem like they have returned yet, nor has anyone else walked through.
>> No. 18691 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
18691
>>18690
I will follow Masato and Ichiro's footprints to rejoin them and see what they are up to.
>> No. 18692 edit
File 145187717772.png - (7.24KB , 511x461 , masatosee.png )
18692
You walk up the hill following in the two sets of prints. As the road curves you can begin to see the large wall of the estate near the top. Along the road there are a few more power line poles that stop at the front of the estate. The door seems to be left open and you head inside.

Inside the estate you do a quickly look around and get your bearings. You see through a window Masato standing in front of a room.
>> No. 18693 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18693
>>18692
I will watch Masato until either he notices me or he is out of sight. Then I'll find a way to approach him closer and talk to him.
>> No. 18694 edit
File 145187833960.png - (206.19KB , 500x375 , togdev41.png )
18694
>>18693
BGM: Spread of the Lonely World

He notices you so you approach. You head into the house and down the hall. Upon doing you see that the body has been put inside what seems to be a dark guest room. Inside Koji is slumped over against the wall staring with a blank look in his eyes. Ichiro is also in the room.

Masato starts, "So, were you able to get through?"

There is a small table without any drawers. The floor is tatami mats like the rest of the house you presume. There is a closet and next to it a portable heater which is off.
>> No. 18695 edit
File 142001244531.png - (51.34KB , 221x214 , wdk_majimea2a.png )
18695
>>18694
"Yes. Although the police said it might take a few days to get here because of all the snow. I also heard that... we've lost another person."

I do some mourning exercises.
>> No. 18696 edit
File 145188011916.png - (221.36KB , 500x376 , togdev42.png )
18696
"What an unsettling coincidence," Ichiro says while shaking his head. "I'll head over to tell Koichi," he says while walking out.

"I think we have done everything we can here... Do you... need anything Koji?" Masato asks him.

Holding his head and looking down, "No, just... leave... I'm fine."

Masato and Ichiro slowly leave the room and get ready to leave the estate as well.
>> No. 18697 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
18697
>>18696
I go into the room with the body and inspect its surroundings, as well as anything on the body that may have changed or seem suspicious.
>> No. 18698 edit
File 145188185823.png - (299.63KB , 500x375 , togdev43.png )
18698
>>18697
The body seems to not be much different besides the absence of snow. On a reexamination you clarify the other wounds you skimmed over before. Along with the stab wound his hip seems to have been cracked or broken, and his left arm is certainly broken.

The surroundings are pretty much as you saw when you entered the room. Being a guest room there is not much here.
>> No. 18699 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18699
>>18698
I will check under the tatami mats to see if anything is hidden. Afterward I'll search the house for anyone and begin to ask them some questions if I can find them.
>> No. 18700 edit
File 145188349539.png - (15.47KB , 511x461 , updatedwas.png )
18700
>>18699
Nothing is found under the tatami mats, and searching the house quickly reveals that there is nobody else in the house besides you and Koji now that the other two have left.

You get a vague idea of the house's layout, the building separate from the main house seems to be a dojo, but it is locked and unkempt. The garden is covered in snow and the pond is frozen over. You also could tell what some of the rooms were, but don't recall what was really in each one.

Last edited at 16/01/03(Sun)20:58:15
>> No. 18701 edit
File 134170555454.png - (41.35KB , 434x480 , wdk_up.png )
18701
>>18700
I survey Koji's room, just getting a look around the place, and maybe noticing anything that seems odd or out of the ordinary.
>> No. 18702 edit
File 145188401439.png - (330.67KB , 374x494 , bideoboi.png )
18702
>>18701
Without being told you can tell this is Koji's room.
There are various snack food bags lying around in a mess. There is some luggage in the corner with dirty laundry thrown on top and to the side. There is a small table with normal magazines as well as the gentlemen variety.
>> No. 18703 edit
File 145188430769.jpg - (98.60KB , 1280x720 , true_gentleman.jpg )
18703
>>18702
Like the gentleman I am, I search through all of his magazines looking for anything related to the town, or the victims, etc. Additionally I'll check his luggage for suspicious things and look to see if he left his keys or any valuables in his room (in the furniture, lying around the corners, etc.) Also count the number of windows and air venets in his room for good measure.
>> No. 18704 edit
File 143071838730.png - (138.02KB , 752x547 , nightlight.png )
18704
>>18703
You try to turn on the light to read them but it doesn't turn on so you step out of the room into the hallway to use the sunlight.
It seems like most of them are actually from the city and you can't find anything related to this town or the people here. The normal mags are mostly about sports and celebrities. You find some nice shots of nude women in the other mags however. There are no air vents or windows.
Inside his bag you can find more clothing and some spare change. There is a padlock, comb, cold pills, nail clippers, deodorant, and hand-sanitizer is his bag.
>> No. 18705 edit
File 143227123210.png - (54.57KB , 221x214 , wdk_dokidoki.png )
18705
>>18704
After finishing my literature I steal the cold pills just to prevent a situation where someone decides to kill via overdose later on. I will also take the padlock (without a key?) just in case I need to lock something up later. Then I leave the room and look around the dining room.
>> No. 18706 edit
File 145188534487.png - (15.70KB , 511x461 , updatedwas2.png )
18706
>>18705
You steal the padlock without a key and the cold pills.

The dining room has a kotatsu in the middle and various drawers with plates and china around the room. There is a old fashioned radio in the corner of the room and some books next to it. There is another door on the opposite end of the room from where you entered.

Opening the door reveals a stark difference to the rest of the house. The ceiling has large wooden supports and there is a hole in the middle with what seems to be a fireplace. There is a large pot hanging over it, and all around the room are various drawers and cupboards. Looks like you found the kitchen.
>> No. 18707 edit
File 130827258925.png - (46.25KB , 434x480 , wdk_corner.png )
18707
>>18706
I search every drawer in the dining room and the kitchen. I check to see if the books are interesting. I check the backdoor and open it to see what's outside. Afterward I'll go to the room adjacent to the washroom.
>> No. 18708 edit
File 145188674921.png - (16.05KB , 511x461 , MAPCOMPLETELEVELUPOHHHHH.png )
18708
>>18707
In the drawers you find some more pots and various cooking tools. In another you find large bags of rice and dried and pickles, foods, and veggies. You also find various items such as dish soap, garbage bags, empty beer bottles, and steel wool. In another drawer you find some sweets and sugar. The bag of sweets has more of the candies that you found in his pocket. The back door leads out to more snow covered garden.

There are two books, translated to Japanese. "The Metamorphosis" and "Inside the Whale".

Before getting to what you now know as the storage room, the room before appears to be a hall, it looks more of one for a museum then a home. Along the walls are various different pieces of art and calligraphy. There is also small stands for other works such as pottery and metal work. There is even a sword stand with two resting in the middle end of the room.

There is also a door in the upper left corner of the room leads to the storage where there are various cardboard boxes that have been taped up.
>> No. 18709 edit
File 145188756272.png - (1.42MB , 1600x900 , Silver_Chariot_no_armor.png )
18709
>>18708
I inspect the sword stand and its swords to see if there is any blood on them. Also check each of the boxes, open them up and look inside. Then go to the washroom.
>> No. 18710 edit
File 145188784962.png - (256.63KB , 600x395 , bathroom.png )
18710
>>18709
You find the swords to be in very well kept condition and not a speck of blood on either. Opening some of the boxes and find there to be various old clothing and various old household stuff. In one box you find scotch tape, paper, pens/crayons, and two 6 sided dice.

Its a washroom, unlike the rest of the house it seems to be modernized for the most part. There is a sink, a toilet, and a door that leads to the bath. Inside the bathroom two shampoo bottles lay on the floor next to the shower hose. There are two mirrors and two stools placed in front of them.
>> No. 18714 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
18714
>>18710
I leave the estate. If I can follow Masato's footprints, I will. Otherwise if I can follow Isao's footprints, I will. All else fails, then I'll just head back to Masato's inn.
>> No. 18715 edit
File 145092320881.jpg - (5.64KB , 193x160 , snowpath2.jpg )
18715
>>18714
As you leave the estate you notice that along side the footprints of your party there is a distinct pair on the left side leaving down the hill. Following the path with your eyes shows that once it leaves the boundaries of the walls each step is only a faint divot in the snow and from where you are you can no longer see anymore.

From this angle however you notice one of the transformers on the poles is charred black on the back side of it. There are metal footholds in the pole.

You are currently standing directly outside of the estate still.
>> No. 18716 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18716
>>18715
I will closely examine the charred area of the pole, as well as the metal footholds. I will then climb the footholds to see if there is anything else to be found.
>> No. 18717 edit
File 145201204779.png - (47.10KB , 222x235 , transformer.png )
18717
>>18716
You climb the pole to reach the transformer and examine it. The charred part spreads from the top near the top of the transformer and continues down the side for a bit. You can't see any signs of tampering, and nothing else of note.
>> No. 18718 edit
File 142001244531.png - (51.34KB , 221x214 , wdk_majimea2a.png )
18718
>>18717
I will then head back to the inn.
>> No. 18719 edit
File 145201263931.png - (675.80KB , 800x600 , bg087.png )
18719
>>18718
You walk back and return to the crossroad and decide to follow Isao's footprints as mentioned before. A short walk past another smaller house brings you to another similar estate. It doesn't look like Isao has returned yet either going by the prints.

You find the door to be locked. There is a doorbell to the side of the door. There is also a small tree to the left of the door rather close to the wall too...
>> No. 18720 edit
File 133020125093.png - (53.18KB , 227x222 , wdk_odorokia1d.png )
18720
>>18719
I will climb the small tree to maybe look through a window or something. If that's not possible then I'll just act like a normal person and ring the doorbell.
>> No. 18721 edit
File 145201351380.png - (18.57KB , 540x533 , sagiestatelook.png )
18721
>>18720
You climb the tree and get above the wall. The inside looks similar to the other estate, although there is no dojo.

You can see someone hunched over in the hallway to the right, in front of a room with its doors wide open.
>> No. 18722 edit
File 132047855146.png - (151.12KB , 606x480 , wdk_waraib2.png )
18722
>>18721
I will jump over the wall and enter the house, trying not to be noticed by the person as I sneak up on them.
>> No. 18723 edit
File 145201573583.png - (5.43KB , 634x479 , sagideath.png )
18723
>>18722
You fall into the garden and your feet smash through the ice off the pond and get soaked. Your feet are now freezing.

You don't notice any immediate action resulting from your fall, or at least nobody has come to see what the noise was. You stand up and head over to the person and open a side door to enter the hall. Shizuka is the one you saw, and now inside you can see another. The old man you presume to be her father is on his knees facing away from you in the room. In front of him is the mother in a futon. If you didn't know any better you'd say she is asleep.

The room is a standard one, with tatami mats on the floor. There are two doors, the one you are standing next to and the other to the right. This is minus the closet door to the left. There is a short desk in the corner, and on the other side some dressers. There is a faint hum coming from the light on the ceiling, and directly below is the bedding and body. Shizuka doesn't seem to even pay attention to you as you walk by, she is mildly shaking and staring off into the distance. The old man hasn't turned around or said anything yet.
>> No. 18724 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
18724
>>18723
I will get Shizuka's attention.

"Excuse me miss, are you doing all right?"
>> No. 18725 edit
File 145201676771.png - (230.73KB , 405x316 , togdev44.png )
18725
>>18724
"..."

She makes some sort of noise and looks up at you. You make eye contact with her but don't feel any connection. The man seems to have heard you however and is looking behind.

"Who are you, what are you doing here?" His eyes are red around the edges and doesn't look too happy to see you.
>> No. 18726 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
18726
>>18725
"I'm Doctor Shirozaki. I'm here to check up on your wife. Heard she wasn't feeling too good this morning."
>> No. 18727 edit
File 145201739436.png - (498.35KB , 659x517 , bg124.png )
18727
>>18726
"...I don't know who called you but Saeko is... already..." he trails off looking back at the futon silently.
>> No. 18728 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
18728
>>18727
I approach the old man to get a closer look at the body.
>> No. 18729 edit
File 145201802547.png - (495.25KB , 659x512 , 1000hoursinphotshop.png )
18729
>>18728
The women's hair is down and her eyes are closed. She rests in the futon and a blanket covers her. She is laying on her back mostly straight save for her foot which is off to the side almost out of the blanket. From where you are you can see is that she is wearing some undergarments and her head rests on a thin pillow.
>> No. 18730 edit
File 132668987457.png - (142.63KB , 434x480 , wdk_komarua1.png )
18730
>>18729
"I see. Is there anything I can do to help?"
>> No. 18731 edit
File 142207440868.png - (294.25KB , 800x653 , light.png )
18731
>>18730
"Just go. Leave us," he says dryly.
>> No. 18732 edit
File 131805672943.png - (49.51KB , 221x214 , wdk_avatar8.png )
18732
>>18731
I do as he says and leave him. I wave goodbye to Shizuka and return to the inn.
>> No. 18733 edit
File 142276502739.png - (731.35KB , 800x599 , togdev15.png )
18733
>>18732
You leave without much response, and make it back to the inn without seeing anyone else along the way.

Entering you smell breakfast, although its almost lunch, and you enter the room to see Masato and Yuuichi.

"Welcome back Kinzaki!" Yuuichi calls out happily clearly unaware of what has happened. Masato gives you a small sympathetic look. Your feet are hurting from the cold and you are hungry.
>> No. 18734 edit
File 14301067594.png - (208.38KB , 367x436 , kinjo2.png )
18734
>>18733
"Hey Yuuichi! Breakfast smells great! I could use a meal. Let's dig in!"
>> No. 18735 edit
File 142215931895.png - (837.31KB , 800x596 , togdev7.png )
18735
>>18734
You enthusiastically start eating with them. Breakfast is as good as ever but it was a bit colder this time around. Unlike usual the tv is on and playing some movie that you aren't paying much attention to, some slice of life with a kid and their parents on the screen. Nearing the end of the meal idle conversation dies down and the sound of the movie plays. At this point Yuuichi looks are you quizzically and asks, "Hey Kinzaki, do you have a girlfriend?"
>> No. 18736 edit
File 132669749830.png - (47.98KB , 215x209 , kinjo_sux.png )
18736
>>18735
"N-no. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 18737 edit
File 143459997468.png - (471.19KB , 600x447 , togdev23.png )
18737
>>18736
"Oh, I thought you said something about it," he says a little confused.

Masato and you clean up everything for breakfast and Yuuichi goes to play games. Masato pulls you off to the side out of hearing range of him.

"So what do you plan to do? I understand if you don't want to get involved, but if the police aren't going to get here any time soon then, well..."
>> No. 18738 edit
File 145202121030.png - (488.12KB , 1158x1117 , KinJoJo.png )
18738
>>18737
"Past experience tells me the police won't get here soon enough. So until then... I'll do my best to solve it. Before anyone else gets hurt. They don't call me The Small Yet Large Box Whisperer for nothing!"
>> No. 18742 edit
>>18738
The New Thread: Click Here
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason