[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 132779210724.png - (274.37KB , 498x441 , forthelasttimeitsnotafangame.png )
5815 No. 5815 edit
I’ve opened this game to fulfill a promise. A promise of revenge one could say. Kinjo will be my only opponent.

--

Kinjo, as you are already well aware; you shall be thrown into this kakera I have created in which your goal will be to rip the veil of shadows away from the truth. You shall be able to dictate your piece’s movements without many obstructions: the exception being at the start of the game which will make sense once we start. Never the less, once the ‘prologue’ is finished, your movements will no longer be moderated to such an extent.

Additionally, it may be possible to figure out who the culprit is before the intended conclusion of this tale. In this case, it would surely be a miracle. However, if you cannot prove your premature accusation then you will be heavily penalized for the rest of the game. I repeat: Heavily penalized.

You usage of blue truth in this game will also be restricted. At any time during the game you may call yourself into the Meta World, in which you can attempt a blue truth. However, because you barged your way in I naturally get the privilege to refuse. Only when you are called into the Meta World I must respond to your blues in red. Of course, the red and the blue truth will work like normal. You should already expect this much. After all without trust there is no game.

Finally, there are some rules for a detective’s piece.

-The detective is forbidden from killing any child of man.
-While on Rokkenjima no person born of a woman can harm the detective.
-The detective will see the world through his own eyes. Ergo there won't be tricks utilizing lack of information as the answer(ex. the whole room is made out of dry ice but since it was never stated in text the reader doesn't know this).

Oh, and I believe we decided that the prize for the winner will be that they get to add a subtitle to the loser's username. Naturally the loser will have to post with it from now on.

--

If there is anything you would like to clarify or ask, then now would be the time. I'd suggest asking in this thread so that any already asked questions can easily be checked in case of any future inquiries.

Whether or not you have any questions we will start later tonight.
Expand all images
>> No. 5816 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
5816
>>5815
By 'child of man' you mean human, right?
>> No. 5817 edit
File 130862896113.png - (65.31KB , 347x480 , ozaki_waraia2.png )
5817
>>5816
Naturally.
Did Ikuko mean something else then human? I was using her words after all.
>> No. 5818 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
5818
>>5817
No, she did mean "human."
I was just making sure.
>> No. 5819 edit
File 131240103776.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
5819
... Already questioning the rules? What will you ask for now, the definition of birth? Without trust there's no game Kinjo, as the Genji and your partner of this game I won't allow you to dirty this game trust so early.

Anyways, I wish you good luck Kinjo, I shall be looking over you.
>> No. 5820 edit
>>5819
I wish you also Luck Kinjo...also
Ozaki good luck to you too~
>> No. 5821 edit
File 132781204255.png - (476.99KB , 640x480 , itdidnotturnoutlikeithought.png )
5821
[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sxfABkV3oU ]

You awake in a daze: the sound of voices buzzing around you. After a few seconds you clear you head and gather your bearings. You are sitting down in the waiting area of an airport, and a busy one at that. People are coming and going under the festive lights and decorations. Although Christmas was a few days ago the workers here must have decided to leave them up until the new year’s.

Looking down at yourself you see you have fallen out of your seat while sleeping. A few of the passersby’s are giving you glances as you pick yourself up off the floor. As you do so the contents of your pockets fall out. While grumbling to yourself for deciding to wear the pants that you knew have faulty pockets, you pick up the scattered objects on the floor. The objects on the floor consist of A Used Ticket, Unused Ticket, Your Wallet, Your Badge, and Your Watch. You also have a briefcase on the seat beside you.

Checking these items you remember that you had just arrived in Japan from America and are now headed to Niijima. Problem is you can’t remember why. You already know who you are, but you decide to check your wallet anyway. Inside your wallet is an ID and ¥1000 cash.

Kinjo Goldbar: Detective

Son of a famous detective you had always wanted to be like him. You had originally lived in Japan but when your mother suddenly died your day came to hate it there. He started to become obsessed with the truth. You and him then moved to America where you dad became world renown for solving many cases. Tragically he died in a car crash, nothing even heroic, just a simple accident. After that you moved back to Japan where you moved back into your dad’s old place and started working as a detective.

Your short period of reminiscence ends and you are brought back to reality. As you put the tickets, badge and wallet away you check your pocket watch, which says it is 12:10 AM. You take a glance up at the clock on the wall. It says that it’s 4:10 PM. You adjust your watch accordingly and then take another look around.

You are standing in the waiting area. To your left are the bathrooms, a gift shop across from them. To your right is a lineup of people waiting to buy tickets. Across from that there is a small café. Behind you an exit and in front is a large glass window showing the runway.

According to your ticket, your plane leaves at 4:30 PM. You’ve got 20 minutes to waste.
>> No. 5822 edit
File 13179539737.png - (144.46KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia2a.png )
5822
>>5821
Might as well have some fun while I still have time to waste.

I take a look inside the gift shop.
>> No. 5823 edit
File 132781308629.png - (471.82KB , 640x480 , air_in1e.png )
5823
>>5822
You enter the gift shop. The selection is less than satisfactory. Most of the merchandise must have been bought up by people looking for a last minute presents no doubt. You look around a bit but you see not much of interest.

-Damaged Roll of Duct Tape (¥550) [It looks like only a few parts of it will be sticky enough to work. [Who the hell would buy this garbage?]

- Christmas Candy Bag(¥320), [An assortment of Christmas Candies. It looks like a good deal]

-Arts and Crafts Kit(¥770) [Comes with scissors, clay, colored paper, drawing book, string and an assortment of colored and normal pencils. Bring out your inner kid!]
>> No. 5824 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
5824
>>5823
Oh boy, I only have so much money.

Anyway, I never had much of a sweet tooth, and duct tape is too mainstream, so I only have one option. If I'm bored on the plane ride to Niijima, I can whip out my new drawing kit.

I buy the arts and crafts kit. Then I check my watch to see how much time is left as I re-enter the waiting area.
>> No. 5825 edit
>>5824
Returning to your seat you check your watch.
It's 4:15
>> No. 5826 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
5826
>>5825
Oh derp, I almost forgot my suitcase.

I take the suitcase with me, and decide to see if there's anything interesting in the cafe.
>> No. 5827 edit
File 132781401027.png - (438.02KB , 640x480 , air_in1a.png )
5827
>>5826
Your pick up your suit case and head over to the cafe. Thank god no one took it.

You approach the café. It seems to be pretty busy so you will have to wait in line a good amount of time if you want something. There is a newspaper stand beside the coffee shop.
>> No. 5828 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
5828
>>5827
Damn, I hate long lines.

I take one of the newspapers and start reading it, while I wait in line.
>> No. 5829 edit
File 132781477464.png - (153.16KB , 640x480 , note1.png )
5829
>>5828
Ignoring the line you grab a newspaper and wait in line.


____________________________________

Haneda Times, (1989, Dec.30th
____________________________________

"RECORD BREAKING SNOW FALL WARNING"

After ten minutes you get to the front of the line, they are all sold out.
>> No. 5830 edit
File 131795521113.png - (144.12KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia1.png )
5830
>>5829
...Sold out?! Of course that's my luck!

I'll quickly go to the bathroom, with my remaining time.
>> No. 5831 edit
File 132781543420.png - (371.56KB , 640x480 , airp_w1f.png )
5831
>>5830
You do your business.

After you hear the announcement for your flight. You grab your stuff and head off to the loading bay. Loading is no problem and you quickly get to your seat and get comfy. Looks like the flight will take an hour.
>> No. 5832 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
5832
>>5831
Oh, right. I almost forgot. Again.

I open the suitcase to see what's inside.
>> No. 5834 edit
File 132781596675.png - (426.91KB , 640x480 , airp_w1e.png )
5834
>>5832
There is a small key in the lock. You turn the key and open the briefcase. Inside are a few papers, a notepad, some of your novels. Nothing seems odd except for a single letter which has already been opened.
>> No. 5835 edit
File 132781612866.png - (143.42KB , 434x480 , wdk_ikaria2.png )
5835
>>5834
I read the letter.
>> No. 5836 edit
File 132781638780.png - (288.89KB , 640x480 , letter1.png )
5836
>>5835
[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiALx6Hi2nA ]

The front shows that it was sent to your father old address. It is in a golden laced envelope and was sealed with wax. It reads as follows;

Dear Mr. Goldbar,

This may sound completely sudden but I would like you to come to Rokkenjima. I heard that the former head of the family used to be good friends with you so I’m hoping you can try and bring the truth to light. As you are aware three years ago a murder took place on the island here. The point of this matter is that the police have given up on the case long ago. They simply cannot pin the crime has run cold a long time ago. After the incident the family hasn't had the best relationship. I don’t know what to do anymore, now that everyone is returning I fear the culprit is among them. Our family is extremely wealthy so I will pay you handsomely if you help us. I will even pay for your flight here. So please.

The bottom of the letter seems to have been stamped with the same crest as the wax. It looks almost like a wing.

At last you remember why you are here. To solve a mystery in the place of your deceased father.
>> No. 5837 edit
File 130854767435.png - (144.53KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea4a.png )
5837
>>5836
...I see, so that's what I'm doing here.

I check the other papers in the suitcase for anything interesting. What's written in the notepad? Which novels did I bring?
>> No. 5839 edit
File 132781477464.png - (153.16KB , 640x480 , note1.png )
5839
>>5837
You check the rest of the contents

The notebook is blank. Probably would have been use full if you didn't already buy the arts and crafts kit.

Your brought three novels. All mystery novels.
"The Benson Murder Case"
"A Study in Scarlet"
"The Mysterious Affair at Styles"

The last document has some information about the "Ushiromiya Family"
It talks about how Ushiromiya Kinzo brought the family back to power after the Great Kanto Quake. It Mentions that he lived on his own island “Rokkenjima” until he died in 1986. It also goes over simple facts like how Kinzo was said to have a mountain of gold, and other facts like how the Ushiromiya crest is a one winged eagle, family members were in debt for a while three years ago. Good thing you read this, you won’t have to ask as many questions.
>> No. 5843 edit
File 130854683756.png - (144.66KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia3a.png )
5843
>>5839
Ah, what was I thinking, not bringing a Carr novel with me.

I grab the notepad, opening to the exact center of it. I begin writing on the left page, detailing everything I've experienced since waking up from that sleep at the airport.

Once I finish with that, I rest my eyes until the flight is over.

>> No. 5845 edit
File 132781886411.png - (261.21KB , 640x480 , air_out2b.png )
5845
>>5843
You write everything down in the notebook and then close your eyes drifting off to sleep.

--

You are woken up by a flight attendant and hurry off the plane. Checking your watch you assume the plane ride must have taken just around an hour it is now 5:35 PM. The layout of this airport is much smaller and you can’t see much to do. Inevitably you head towards the big “Welcome to Niijima” sign hanging over the exit. The fresh air wafts over the airport as you exit. It smells strongly of the sea. It is nothing like the city that’s for sure. About a foot of snow covers most of the ground; luckily the roads seem to be fine enough to drive on. If you are correct there should be a harbor somewhere on this island...
>> No. 5847 edit
File 13082697241.png - (160.87KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua1.png )
5847
>>5845
Rokkenjima, right? Surely there's a map inside the airport somewhere.

I go back inside to look for a map of Niijima.
>> No. 5848 edit
>>5847
You go inside and ask around for directions. After awhile you find a local man who knows.
He looks at you a little skeptical that you want to walk all that way through the snow, but he tells you anyway.
"To get to the harbor you just need to follow the main road for about 2km."
>> No. 5849 edit
File 131795595756.png - (143.05KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana2.png )
5849
>>5848
I thank the kind stranger and follow his directions to the harbor.
>> No. 5850 edit
File 132782036366.png - (204.29KB , 640x480 , car_i1a.png )
5850
You leave the airport and start walking. A few steps in and you already regret it, you defiantly should have worn better shoes. You attempt to take another step but a car interrupts by pulling up towards you.

The window rolls down and inside is a rather large old man with a stern look on his face. You don’t recognise him but once he opens his mouth to talk you remember that this is the man you had a conversation with over the phone about the documents.

“Well what do you know, you really do look like your father.” He states while sizing you up. “Well anyway don’t stand there like a fart in a trace, get in.” Disregarding his rude comment you hop in and the car leaves the terminal. “Here” says the man, “It contains everything we have left on the case”. He holds a folder out to you labeled “Casebook; Rokkenjima Murder”.

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m4LbXNcjmU ]

You open the casebook. Inside there is a picture of a young man, rather fat, with glasses.

Victim: George Ushiromiya

Found dead inside of a room, witness claims that every entrance was locked upon discovery. Victim died from loss of blood due to a shot in the back of the head. Everyone on the island at the time had an alibi.

It goes on to say that the police have given up on the case. Although it makes sense, this is barely any information.

--
The old man give you a look and sees the grim look on your face.
"You don't mind if I turn the radio on do you?" Without a response he goes a head and turns it on anyway.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrlAFmpKPy4]

“Anyway it’s a short drive from here to the harbor, so if there is anything you want to ask before we get there now is the time”.
>> No. 5852 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
5852
>>5850
Well first off I seem to have a bad case of amnesia. What was your name, again?
>> No. 5853 edit
File 132782104159.png - (386.61KB , 640x480 , car_i3a.png )
5853
>>5852
"Amnesia? That sounds serious. In any case, the name be Terence. Terence Stewart."
>> No. 5855 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
5855
>>5853
"Yeah, it's been a pain trying to remember things. Anyway, Terence, I don't see anything too odd about that murder. Why weren't the police able to solve it back then? Looks simple enough to me."
>> No. 5856 edit
File 132782036366.png - (204.29KB , 640x480 , car_i1a.png )
5856
>>5855
"Well, I was never around for the full story. The document you are holding is the only thing I could dig up in the files. Some people simply blame the cops for being incompetent, but the main rumor is that it was hushed up by the family. Every time the police felt like they were getting closer, a piece of evidence would pop up denying the theory, or one of their own members would realize a flaw in it theory.

Supposedly, one of my buddies who arrived on the scene first told me that it wasn't a normal room. A better word would have been a "prison" instead of a room. Lock upon locks, the whole thing made out of metal. It really is an odd affair."
>> No. 5857 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
5857
>>5856
"I see. Well this doesn't give me much to work with...My memory really is bad. I can't even remember who sent me this letter."

I take the letter out of my suitcase and look at it one more time.
>> No. 5858 edit
File 132782373070.png - (396.33KB , 640x480 , ship_p1c.png )
5858
You explain the circumstances behind the letter.

"Hmm... So that's why you are doing this. Well I'm sorry to say but I an't got a clue to who sent you this here letter."

After he says this the car slowly comes to a stop. You are at the harbor.

Despite the cold weather the smell of the sea is powerful. There are mostly fishing boats docked here but at the very end of you can see a nice looking speedboat with what looks to be a maid waiting in front of it.

Getting out of the car Terence stops you. “Hey Kid, I’ll warn you right now. These people won’t be too thrilled to get interrogated about this case, especially at this time of the year. So I suggest you keep a low profile if you can.” With that the man drives off, leaving you standing alone at the harbor.
>> No. 5859 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
5859
>>5858
I walk up to the maid.

"Hello, I'm Kinjo Goldbar. I received an invitation to Rokkenjima, I assume you're the welcoming party?"
>> No. 5860 edit
File 132782632049.png - (368.90KB , 640x480 , youalmostonaboat.png )
5860
>>5859
"Uh-huh, yeah ok that's nice." She is looking down reading a magazine. Looks like a riddle book or something of the kind. "We had to go out of our way to get here you know?" she says while continuing to read her book. She abruptly walks on the boat and calls out "Ok he is here Captain Kuwaabata. Lets go!"

From somewhere in the boat you can hear someone respond. The engines are starting up.
>> No. 5861 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
5861
>>5860
I walk onto the boat as well, following the maid.

"Nice welcoming party. What's your name then?"
>> No. 5862 edit
File 132782731854.png - (431.75KB , 640x480 , enterbattlerushiromiya.png )
5862
>>5861

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWmSpzte8UA ]

Before you get the chance to ask the boat jerks away from the dock. It must be rather powerful. The boat regains stability and slowly starts moving down the length of the dock. However before it gets any speed a faint yell is heard from on the other side of the docks.

“UUuOoOoAAAAAAAAA, WAIT UP!” When you turn around you can see a young man running up towards the boat. The maid and the boat captain don’t seem to hear him over the sound of the engine. The boat is powering up quickly and is about to leave.
>> No. 5863 edit
File 131917084946.png - (153.18KB , 651x480 , wdk_fumanb1.png )
5863
>>5862
I quickly get within earshot of the maid, and point toward the strange man.

"Hey, I think that guy over there doesn't want us leaving without him! Stop the boat!"
>> No. 5864 edit
File 13278280777.png - (328.66KB , 640x480 , nowyouvedoneit.png )
5864
>>5862
You run over the maid and tell her about the man. She finally looks from her magazine and responds to you with a face of confusion.
"Who exactly are you?" She looks at the direction you are pointing but it's too late!

At that moment the man jumps off the pier! With all of his might he reaches out his hand towards the boat. The whole thing seems to go in slow motion. His fingers inching closer and closer to the edge of the boat: just reaching the railing!

At that moment the boat speeds off, at an alarming speed. After a good thirty seconds the boat slows down and the man is able to climb up onto the boat.

“Gyah, I thought I was a goner!" he says as he pulls himself up. "You know you could have slowed down Ihihihi…” As the man looks up he notices who is talking to, and to no surprise his expression changes to one of confusion. “Um… er… Eh? Who are you? Did Krauss oji-san invite you to by any chance? I assumed this was going to be only family.”
>> No. 5865 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
5865
>>5864
"Greetings. I'm Doctor Kinjo Goldbar. I was indeed invited here, I'm a friend of the family head. But I haven't met any of his family members. You're one of them?"
>> No. 5866 edit
File 132782958855.png - (290.75KB , 640x480 , cleaverkinjo.png )
5866
>>5865
"So Krauss did invite you then? I see I see. I'm his nephew, Ushiromiya Battler. Nice to meet you."


The maid walks up to you.
"I'm sorry, I had assumed you were Battler a-and I was so rude. Please forgive me."
>> No. 5891 edit
File 132788563926.png - (164.95KB , 434x480 , icancounttopotato.png )
5891
I think this is probably how Rosa felt when I was being lazy not posting in that game. Once again, I'm sorry Rosa.
>> No. 5892 edit
File 132788807624.png - (144.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa3c.png )
5892
>>5866
"Oh, don't worry about it, miss. Anyway, we're ready to get going right? Or are there more surprise guests showing up?"
>> No. 5893 edit
File 132788895453.png - (469.85KB , 640x480 , ship_s2a.png )
5893
>>5892
"We should arrive in a few minutes. Now if you excuse me I have a riddle I want to solve." says the maid. Before going below she adds "Oh and my name is Ruon." Then she ducks out of sight.

You and Battler are left on the deck as the wind slowly starts to pick up. It doesn't seem like the boat is going faster, but in a few seconds it is apparent that the cause of wind is the storm on the horizon.

"Jeez, we may be here for a few days." Battler says. The boat starts to bounce slightly and Battler grimaces, "I think I will go below too."

As he heads below you notice it is quite cold as well. Hopefully the ride doesn't take too long.
>> No. 5894 edit
File 130854683756.png - (144.66KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia3a.png )
5894
>>5893
Once again I take out my notebook, flipping it to the center. This time on the right page, I jot down the names of the people I met, when/where I met them, and what they all looked like. Then I close the notebook and head below, to see what Battler and Ruon are up to.
>> No. 5895 edit
File 13278893364.png - (584.83KB , 640x480 , ship_s3a.png )
5895
>>5894
You go below the deck and see Ruon sitting down reading and at the end Battler is lying down on a bed closing his eyes.

Behind you is a door that says "Captain's Quarters"
>> No. 5896 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
5896
>>5895
I walk over to Ruon.

"What's that you're reading?"
>> No. 5897 edit
File 13278901016.png - (111.39KB , 343x475 , rg1_hohoemia2.png )
5897
>>5896
"Oh, It's just a riddle book. I found it awhile ago and thought it would be a good way to waste some time." She pauses and flips the book to a certain page. "I'm currently stuck on this one, want to help?"

She shows you the page:
"Some will use me while others will not some have remembered while others have forgot. For profit or gain I"m used expertly I can"t be picked off the ground or tossed into the sea. Only gained from patience and time can you unravel my rhyme?"
>> No. 5898 edit
File 131259975416.png - (151.34KB , 606x480 , wdk_niramub2.png )
5898
>>5897
"The answer is trust.

>Some will use me while others will not
Not everyone is willing to trust others.

>some have remembered while others have forgot.
People often forget how trustworthy some people are.

>For profit or gain I'm used expertly
Con-artists often gain profit from taking advantage of others' trust.

>I can't be picked off the ground or tossed into the sea.
Trust is an abstract concept.

>Only gained from patience and time
And of course trust can only be gained with patience and time.

I think I've unraveled this rhyme alright!"
>> No. 5899 edit
File 132789148262.png - (120.27KB , 343x474 , rg1_akuwaraia4.png )
5899
>>5898
"Hmm that defiantly sounds plausible. Here, the answers are in the back," she hands you the book. "Just in case you are wrong I still want to solve it for myself."

She hands you the book and you flip to the back.

"Some will use me while others will not some have remembered while others have forgot. For profit or gain I"m used expertly I can"t be picked off the ground or tossed into the sea. Only gained from patience and time can you unravel my rhyme?"

I'm Knowledge
>> No. 5900 edit
File 131803167260.png - (144.19KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana1a.png )
5900
>>5899
"And they say that without trust, there is no game, don't they? I like my answer better than theirs! But that tends to happen when I look at riddle books."

I get out 'The Benson Murder Case' and start reading.

"I much prefer these!"
>> No. 5901 edit
File 13278893364.png - (584.83KB , 640x480 , ship_s3a.png )
5901
>>5900
Ruon giggles a bit from your reaction and goes back to reading just as you do.

"" Ch. 1
Phlio Vance at Home

(Friday, June 14; 8:30 A.M.)

It happened that, on the morning of the momentous June the fourteenth when the discovery of the murdered body of
Alvin H. Benson created a sensation, to this day, has not entirely died away...""

You soon get completely immersed in your book and time drifts by.
>> No. 5902 edit
File 132789352325.png - (74.56KB , 364x472 , kaw_defa2.png )
5902
>>5901
After a while you hear the boat slow down and the door to the Captain's Quarters opens up. Out enter a old man who evidently must be the captain.

"Ok we're here! Make sure not to leave anything, since I won't be coming back in this storm. Ahahaha."

Battler and Ruon, having brought nothing go back up to the deck. You follow.
>> No. 5903 edit
File 132789368956.png - (169.09KB , 640x480 , sea_1c.png )
5903
>>5902
You follow and get a cold burst of wind in your face.
On the horizon an island slowly gets larger and larger.
There it is, Rokkenjima.
As you approach the contrasting grey sky gives the island an unusual dark feeling. Foreboding one could say.
>> No. 5904 edit
File 132789372326.png - (449.80KB , 640x480 , islandarrival.png )
5904
>>5903
The boat pulls in to the cove and heads towards a small dock. You can see a single figure waiting there. The others on the boat gather their belongings and prepare to leave. The boat comes to a halt and you all exit the boat one after another and are greeted by another maid. Or, that is to say she greets one of the people to get off the boat.

"Yahoo! Welcome back Battler-sama!” Says the maid flamboyantly. “Hey Berune. They sent you to welcome us even in this weather?” Battler grabs his luggage and walks over to the young servant. "Well you know Genji, he is always strict about that kind of thing." She notices you get off the boat and shows a face of confusion that matches the ones that Ruon and Battler made so perfectly that it's almost humorous.

"Oh yeah this is Kinjo, Krauss invited him." says Battler. "Is that so?" Berune seems a little skeptical but seems to lose interest. She bows politely, "Welcome to Rokkenjima."
>> No. 5905 edit
File 131795459184.png - (142.83KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia2.png )
5905
>>5904
"Nice to meet you."

I check my watch to see what time it is.

"Maybe we should get going before it's too late, I read in the newspaper the weather is only going to get worse."
>> No. 5906 edit
File 132789526439.png - (217.62KB , 640x480 , forest_p1b.png )
5906
You check your watch, it is currently 6:00 PM

As if listening to your comment it starts to lightly snow. The group agrees with you comment and you and them start to head up the winding path.

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTAcJ0ZcUkI ]

Above lays a winding pathway leading throughout the forest. Battler and the other maids started to head up the hill disregarding you all together. The grey sky has been spreading a feeling of dread since you docked, however this pathway seems to revert the effects of that. As if you are only now truly becoming free, breaking from the tracks of destiny and taking matters into your own hands.
>> No. 5907 edit
File 132789544079.png - (198.51KB , 640x480 , rose_g1a.png )
5907
>>5906
While continuing to ponder this, the group passes over a stone staircase that has come into your sight. Climbing up the stairs a Victorian style mansion comes into view. Listening to the other talk you find out that it is actually the guesthouse. The mansion is around behind it. There is a huge garden in front of the guesthouse. Sadly you can see little to no flowers because of all the snow. The group slowly gets closer to the garden where you see two girls playing.
>> No. 5908 edit
File 132789555269.png - (332.51KB , 640x480 , justlookatthatevil.png )
5908
>>5907
“Onii-chan!” The redheaded girl runs up to Battler and the other shortly follows. “Ah, Ange. Maria. Sorry I’m late, I got distracted at Niijima.” He pats them both on the head. “Hey, hey. Onii- chan, look at the igloo me and Maria made.” Over in a small clearing in the garden a rather large snow fort made been made. “Oh wow that looks pretty good, you didn’t even need help of any adults?’. Battler shifts his gaze back to them, “Speaking of which where is everyone?” This time Maria is the one to answer. “Uu, they are all in the parlor! They are setting up the tree. Battler should have a snowball fight with us later!” Battler agrees to play with them and starts to walk towards the mansion. The maids follow.

"Hey Kinjo! Are you coming or what?" Battler calls from the pathway to the mansion.
>> No. 5909 edit
File 13180522861.png - (144.38KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea5a.png )
5909
>>5908
"Yeah, I'm coming."

I follow Battler and the maids to the mansion, taking note of the two girls we just passed by.
>> No. 5910 edit
File 132789645164.png - (440.34KB , 640x480 , nicesuit.png )
5910
>>5909

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmDxRYf1mMs ]

The group reaches the large mansion and without pause enters. Battler informs you that this is the entrance hall. There are different hallways going in different directions and not to mention a large stair case. This should be a good cross road if you get lost. As you look around you hear footsteps getting loader coming from one of the halls. You turn to see a young girl around Battler’s age. She dismisses the maids and they leave down another hallway. The girl walks up to Battler.

“Hello Battler, long time no see.” The girl says politely. Battler has an awkward grin on his face, “Yeah, long time no see Jessica.” They continue to pass pleasantries back and forth until Jessica notices you. “Battler, is this a friend?” She asks meekly. “Hmm? Nah, this is Kinjo, he says he was invited by your dad." Jessica sizes you up and also shows a confused face. "This is the first time I heard of a guest apart from the family..." Jessica “Well let us not keep the family waiting. Everyone is in the parlor,” Jessica says before walking back down the hall she arrived from. Battler

You are about to follow, but you notice behind where you were standing there are two large portraits. The first one is of a beautiful woman with blonde hair and an elegantly impressive dress. The other is a powerful looking man with white hair and a large black cloak. “Hey Kinjo". Battler calls yet again, "I know the mansion can be interesting and all but hurry up!"
>> No. 5911 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
5911
>>5910
"Hold up. These portraits...caught my attention. Who are these two people?"
>> No. 5912 edit
File 132789738925.png - (77.46KB , 352x480 , bu2_defa7.png )
5912
>>5911
"Oh that's right, you have never been here before. The man was my grandfather Ushiromiya Kinzo. The woman in the picture was his supposed mistress Beatrice."

Battler keeps it brief, and to the point. Jessica stays silent and the group continues walking.
>> No. 5913 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
5913
>>5912
"Oh, so that's Kinzo... But over there is his supposed mistress, huh? I don't mean to be too intrusive, but it sounds like there's an interesting story behind it."
>> No. 5914 edit
File 132789824690.png - (523.85KB , 640x480 , m1f_p1br.png )
5914
>>5913
Battler gives you a glance that could be described as suspicion, but it fades quickly.
"Well I guess you are right. Just saying that someone had a mistress alone sounds like there would be a story behind it. The gist of it was that Beatrice was said to be Kinzo's benefactor. She gave him a ridiculous amount of money which he used to re-build the Ushiromiya name. Supposedly there was a hidden mansion and everything."

The three of you stop at a door; from inside you can hear many cheerful voices. Jessica looks at you “If you could, can you wait out here until I call you? It would make things easier.”
>> No. 5915 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
5915
>>5914
"Sure."

I wait outside the room.
>> No. 5916 edit
File 132789902332.png - (911.48KB , 1909x480 , alldempeoples.png )
5916
>>5915
Jessica smiles and thanks you before opening the door as Battler and her enter the room. As soon as they enter the noise coming from the room get ten times louder. You can hear many different things being said but all of them seem to be welcoming Battler cheerfully. You decide to peek inside and you see that there a large group of people in the room. Christmas decorations are set up and there is a tree in the corner of the room. The scene looks like it should be in a store catalog rather than real life. Jessica is talking to a man over to the side of the group crowding Battler. He nods and follows her to where you are waiting.
>> No. 5917 edit
File 132789925763.png - (417.35KB , 640x480 , itskruassnotkrauss.png )
5917
>>5916
The man walks out into the hall.
"Hello, I'm the head of the Ushiromiya family. Ushiromiya Krauss. I've heard and interesting story from my daughter who says that you were invited here personally by myself. I do not recall doing such a thing, do you care to explain?"
>> No. 5918 edit
File 13179496866.png - (145.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia1.png )
5918
>>5917
I show the man my detective's badge.

"Oh, don't mind that story, good sir. If you've heard the name of Gilligan Goldbar, well he was my father, and from what I've heard good friends with yours. I've come here in his place to reopen a cold case from a few years ago he wasn't able to solve. But I'd rather not ruin the holiday cheer of the rest of the family, so please keep this a secret from them if you don't mind."
>> No. 5919 edit
File 132790199647.png - (336.81KB , 640x480 , kinjosuchameanie.png )
5919
>>5918
Krauss's face distorts in fits of anger, but they are kept under control as he responses to you.
"You don't seem to know how infuriating that statement is. This gathering was meant to closed those wounds, not reopen them, and now you come prancing in here telling me you want to solve that old case? Absurd! You have no authority here!" Krauss's voice starts to get louder, but he controls himself yet again.

"Also, you are mistaken. I never met your father personally, he was a friend of the old head, my father. The only reason I am not going to throw you off this island is because of that, and because I have no other choice since-"

At that moment the world blurs and your conscious fades. "Now that the storm is here nobody can enter or leave the island. " You vision turns red as your mind clouds. You feel like you are falling, with the sudden urge to vomit. Suddenly, everything is back to normal. Any indication of the event that just took place is unapparent to the others.

Krauss continues, "I shall not tell the others of your true nature, not for your sake, but for theirs. I suggest you kept to yourself, there is no reason to start pestering people. I shall have a guestroom setup for you later."
With that he opens the door and walks back into the parlor.

"I do have to say I agree with father." Jessica adds, "If you want come join in you can, but you best stick to your story you used beforehand."
Jessica then also walks into the parlor.
>> No. 5920 edit
File 132792377626.png - (228.88KB , 788x480 , kinjo_cruel.png )
5920
>>5918
Wow, what a jerk Kinjo. Baka Kinjo.
>> No. 5929 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
5929
>>5919
After thinking for about a minute, I decide to go inside the parlor as well.

I grab the doorknob.


...Regarding the death of George, wasn't it said that the door was locked?

I examine the lock on the door to the parlor, playing with it a few times to see just how it works. Once I'm done I enter the parlor and take a look at my surroundings.
>> No. 5946 edit
File 132825490083.png - (867.57KB , 1909x476 , alldempeoples2.png )
5946
>>5929
With your failed attempt at coercion destroyed you check the lock on the door before entering. It seems rather normal, there is a rounded doorknob with a dead bolt lock slightly above.

The room isn't that large, so it doesn't seem like a surprise when everyone looks your way once you enter. A few of the people continue chatting until the notice the voices have died down. At this time Krauss speaks up.

"Everyone, this is Kinjo Goldbar, I accidently invited him a few days early. With the storm here he is stuck here for a few days like the rest of us. I'm sure that his presence won't bother to any of you."

Krauss let the last part slip off his tongue like a fowl taste.
The group gives mixed reactions, a few nods, 'hellos' and maybe one 'how yeah doing?' After the short, and rather inadequate introduction most of the people return to what they are doing.
"Hey Kinjo," Battler walks up to you. "You said you don't really know any of the family members do you? I'll introduce you."
>> No. 5947 edit
File 132825506529.png - (251.69KB , 640x480 , realmen.png )
5947
>>5946
As he brings you over to the other two men in the room you see a woman dressed in purple go over to Krauss. "So how exactly do you know Aniki?" Your attention is brought back in front of you and you see on of the men talking to you. "Oi Dad, you should introduce yourself first!" Battler interjects. The man you now know is Battlers father corrects himself "Ah, yeah. I'm Ushiromiya Rudolf, beside me here is Hideyoshi." The man beside Rudolf speaks up, "How yeah doing?" You for talk a bit, Rudolf forgets all about the question he asked.
After few minutes later Hideyoshi changes the subject, "Ah but still, I keep thinking I know the name 'Goldbar' from somewhere... A well I'm sure it will come back to me." The conversation ends at that and Battler and you walk elsewhere.
>> No. 5948 edit
File 132825520256.png - (306.38KB , 640x480 , no_really_kinjo_that_part_in_fanep2_with_natsuhi_a.png )
5948
>>5947
Battler takes you over to the other group in the room. Jessica is among them sitting around a table, tea is in front of each person. You hear them taking about spoons or something like that before you and Batter walk up to them. "Ah look, here comes the uninvited guest," the woman with white hair says. "Actually Kyrie, 'unexpected guest' would probably fit better." says the woman sitting in the chair beside. "Brother did invite him after all, just not today". The woman known as Kyrie laughs a bit and agrees. They each introduce themselfs. From left to right Jessica, Kyrie, Rosa, however the last woman dressed in some sort of chiness outfit doesn't speak up right away. Eventually she speaks up. "Eva." The others simple leave it like that.

Jessica turns to you. "Dinning will be in a bit, however if you would like a tea or coffee I can call for one."
>> No. 5987 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
5987
>>5948
"I'll take some black tea, please."
>> No. 5994 edit
File 132839546798.png - (519.57KB , 640x480 , m1f_s1cr.png )
5994
Jessica nods and then walks over to the wall and picks up a phone.
You take this time to look around the room again. Most of the tables have little plates of goodies and snacks along with Christmas themed candles. Krauss Hideyoshi and Rudolf are over by the Christmas tree. Rosa, Kyrie, Natsuhi and Eva are sitting around a small table in separate chairs. Finally you and Battler and Jessica, who informs you that a servant will bring your tea shortly are sitting on the coaches near the fireplace.
>> No. 6001 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
6001
>>5994
I'll walk around to the tables and grab one of the cookies, munching on it as I walk around.

I then approach Battler and Jessica.

"I couldn't help but notice...these are all Christmas decorations, but Christmas is already over. Is it an Ushiromiya tradition to celebrate it later than usual, or...?"
>> No. 6004 edit
File 132840711558.png - (77.37KB , 352x480 , bu2_defa1.png )
6004
>>6001
"Ah well, you see, since the family hasn't gotten together for a awhile so I suggested that since Christmas and New Years are so close together that it would be best to celebrate them both at the same time. So once that was decided on that Krauss took it upon himself to plan everything."
>> No. 6005 edit
File 131794550038.png - (161.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia1.png )
6005
>>6004
"Oh, interesting. Will there be presents, too?"
>> No. 6006 edit
File 132840736079.png - (69.88KB , 352x480 , bu2_waraia1.png )
6006
>>6005
"Actually, according to Krauss there indeed will be presents. I think he said some time after dinner."
>> No. 6007 edit
File 132788807624.png - (144.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa3c.png )
6007
"That'll be fun. I wonder if I got anything."

I finish eating my cookie.
>> No. 6008 edit
File 132840922176.png - (79.20KB , 320x480 , rud_nakua2.png )
6008
>>6007
>Using green to eat a cookie
What have you done to the masterpiece that is my own creation?

Also... that sprite.......
>> No. 6009 edit
File 132840977883.png - (427.07KB , 640x480 , evenmoremaids.png )
6009
>>6007
You finish eating your cookie.

After, another new face enters the room. The maid walks over to you with a tray and what must be your tea along with additives on top.

"You are mister Goldbar I presume?" The maid puts the tray down in front of you and then asks "How would you like it?"
>> No. 6010 edit
File 132669161140.png - (145.34KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia1a.png )
6010
>>6009
"I'll take it straight, thank you."

I drink my cup of tea.
>> No. 6011 edit
>>6010
The maid bows and leaves the parlor.

The conversations surrounding you are still going strong.
>> No. 6012 edit
File 131795459184.png - (142.83KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia2.png )
6012
>>6011
"Delicious tea. Say Jessica, how many servants are there around here? I didn't even get her name that time."
>> No. 6013 edit
File 132841100382.png - (104.69KB , 405x480 , jes2_defa2.png )
6013
>>6012
"Oh, that's Manon. I believe you already met Ruon and Berune so that would leave... the two male servants Genji and Gohda. Gohda is the chef who will be cooking our dinning tonight. In fact it should be nearly time to eat."
>> No. 6014 edit
File 132841186729.png - (458.80KB , 640x480 , mhal_2ar.png )
6014
>>6013
As if on cue you hear a solid knock on the door. In walks an old butler with a expression which would be best described as monotonic. He doesn't give you a second glace.

"Dinner will now be served. If you would please accompany me to the dinning hall."

With that said everyone slowly rises from their seats and leaves the room heading left down the hall. You follow the group back into the main entrance. Seconds after Rosa pipes up "I'll be right back, Maria and Ange are still outside so I will get them." Battler decides to go with her and they both leave through the main door. The rest of the group continues down the hall opposite to the one you came from.

Your view is again caught towards the portraits. The eyes of the man looks as if they could hold the fire of hell and burn you just from looking at them. It won't be surprising if a little kid got nightmares from it. The other however feels as if it was mocking the artist. You come to your sense and notice each group has gone ahead of you. You are now alone in the main hall.
>> No. 6015 edit
File 132843419868.png - (182.50KB , 639x551 , kanon_istrolling_ib4f.png )
6015
>>6007
>be a total jerk
>wonder about if you get a gift
>eating a cookie in green
>autism sprite
>> No. 6016 edit
File 132847613435.jpg - (79.44KB , 500x333 , POW!-063-2T.jpg )
6016
>>6015
Kinjo deserves a gift.

A punch in the face.

It would be something Krauss could 'give' him.
>> No. 6017 edit
File 132251910715.png - (92.52KB , 310x380 , 82359080_troll.png )
6017
>>6016
Just a punch? We can think in a better present to him.
>> No. 6018 edit
File 130833580277.png - (143.89KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia2.png )
6018
>>6014
For a while, I start to hear voices in my head, mocking me. I try to brush it off and continue my investigation normally.

Let's not forget my purpose. To solve the murder of George from three years ago.

Right, I'm not here to celebrate this holiday dinner. Better do some investigating.

I attempt to catch up with Battler and Rosa in their search for Maria and Ange.
>> No. 6019 edit
File 132848564011.png - (313.14KB , 640x480 , yourluckythesnowballwasntyellow.png )
6019
>>6018

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CTj8gedkn8 ]

You leave the mansion. When you exit you notice that it has indeed started to snow. Disregarding the snow you retrace your steps back to the guesthouse.

As you approach the spot where you first saw the girls you see Rosa and Battler. "Ange! Maria! Come out come out where ever you are!" calls Battler. Rosa is doing the same. The two have yet to notice you, before you call out to them you hear a small suppressed giggle coming from your left somewhere near by. Looking to your left you see...the snow moving on it's own!? The movements seem to be following a line, right towards Battler.

All of the sudden, the movements stop beside Battler and Ange and Maria popped out of the snow! "Boo!" they both shout as they throw snowballs at Battler. "WAH!?!" Battler jumps back and pretends to be completely and utterly shocked as he gets pelted with snow. "Uu-uu. Ange and Maria made tunnels in the snow!" says Maria. "You won't defeat us Onii-chan!" adds Maria. Rosa gives a small laugh at the display. "You're going to have to wait under after dinner you two. Come along now."

"Maria! Your mom is working with Battler! You can't trick us that easily!" Ange winds up and throws the snowball, however she slips and falls. The rushing snow ball flies upwards in an arch, and then lands right on your head.

Battler Maria Ange and Rosa now notice you. "K-Kinjo? Are you alright?"
>> No. 6085 edit
File 130869088578.png - (151.70KB , 606x480 , wdk_waraib1.png )
6085
>>6019
Brushing off the snow on my head, I give a response.

"That's not very nice, throwing snowballs at a guest like that! I'll have my revenge!"

I grab a chunk of snow from the ground, making a somewhat large snowball, and throw it at Ange!
>> No. 6086 edit
File 132893121880.png - (351.85KB , 640x480 , pictureitliketouhou___onlywithsnowballs.png )
6086
>>6085
Your snowball flies straight into Ange's face, almost knocking her off her feet. however she seems unharmed. Only stunned for a second she then grins.

"The war is on!!!"

Maria and Ange quickly duck back into their tunnels, and not a second later the pop out again with handfuls of snowballs. "FIRE!" Battler and Rosa have no chance to get out of the way when multiple snowballs are launched at you and fly at an impossible speed. There is a snow wall to your left, maybe if you react fast enough...!
>> No. 6087 edit
File 131803167260.png - (144.19KB , 434x480 , wdk_fumana1a.png )
6087
>>6086
I run behind the snow wall to protect myself! I form another snowball and prepare to strike whenever either of them come into sight!
>> No. 6089 edit
File 132893260057.png - (206.32KB , 640x480 , rose_g1a2.png )
6089
>>6087

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpbeW_isoI0 ]

As you duck behind the wall the snow balls slightly slow down, however there is still many hitting the fort every second. The onslaught of snow is destroying the wall! It won't last much longer.

You take a peek every few seconds to assess the situation. You can see snow balls flying from outside the front of the guesthouse. They much be coming from the tunnels. Over top of it there is a ledge covered in a large amount of snow. Above there in the window you can see the maid you know as Manon move the curtains to see what the commotion is. She seems to sigh and then walk away. As you take you attention away from the battlefield you can see that the snow wall is about to break. There is only one thing to do!
>> No. 6091 edit
File 132893297423.png - (155.13KB , 606x480 , wdk_sakebub2.png )
6091
>>6089
With the wall breaking down, I charge forward and throw the snowball in the direction of the incoming snowballs, hoping for a miracle...!
>> No. 6092 edit
File 13289338894.png - (254.36KB , 640x480 , wrongchoicekinjo.png )
6092
>>6091
You run out from behind the wall, but don't make it two steps when from behind you here something pop out of the snow. Using your peripheral vision you see it's Maria! You then get pelted with snowballs from the front and from the back. You are utterly defeated.

"Ahaha we won! No one is a match for us!" Ange yells. As soon as she does you see a single snow ball fly towards the snow piled under the window. As soon as it hits it all comes falling down on top of Ange.

"Correction, I won," Battler says as he walks out from the side of the guesthouse. "Uu-uu! Battler cheated!" Maria squeaked. "Yeah Onii-chan, you cheated, lets have a rematch right now!" Ange bends down to pick up more snow but Battler stops her. "Alright but how about later, dinner is about to be served. You don't want to keep the other waiting now do you?" With that said Ange and Maria quickly agree and head towards the mansion with Rosa.

Battler walks over to your seemingly lifeless body. "Hey, are you alive?"
>> No. 6093 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
6093
>>6092
"Seems I underestimated those two. What were their names?"

I take out a pencil and notepad.
>> No. 6094 edit
File 132893465450.png - (77.72KB , 352x480 , bu2_defa6.png )
6094
>>6093
Battler gives you an odd look.

"Umm, why did you bring those out?"
>> No. 6096 edit
File 130854683756.png - (144.66KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia3a.png )
6096
>>6094
"I did tell you about my amnesia right? Or was that someone else? ...Anyway, I can't remember things too well, so I'm writing stuff down. What were their names?"
>> No. 6098 edit
File 132789738925.png - (77.46KB , 352x480 , bu2_defa7.png )
6098
"Amnesia?" Battler doesn't seem to sure about that.

"Well anyway I guess that makes sense, since I'm sure I've said there names while you were around. The one who hit you with the snowball is my sister Ange, the other is Maria, Rosa's daughter. Anyway, we should probably get to the dinning room otherwise we'll keep them waiting and I'd rather not do that after warning Ange about it."

You write down the girls names and start walking to the mansion with Battler.
>> No. 6099 edit
File 131795521113.png - (144.12KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia1.png )
6099
>>6098
While walking to the mansion I trip and fall face-first into the snow, holding onto my notebook and pencil the whole time. As I try and regain balance I plant the notebook into the snow, and draw a horizontal line across where the snow touches the notebook, marking the height at which the snow is at. I then stand up.

"Sorry about that, I can be clumsy sometimes too. Probably how I ended up getting amnesia in the first place..."
>> No. 6100 edit
File 132893579882.png - (240.05KB , 640x480 , m_o1a.png )
6100
>>6099
You preform your stunt and Battler comments on how you'r a little odd. You then enter the mansion.
>> No. 6101 edit
File 132893786648.png - (262.23KB , 640x480 , onetimeiswallowedthewishbone___doesthatmakemelucky.png )
6101
>>6100

You enter the mansion and this time take a left down the hall you saw the other go. You pass a few doors on your left and then battler stops on the first one on the right side of the hall. He opens the door and you enter.

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rJX3U9yM8 ]

Despite the decorations the room is unmistakable, it's long table covered with plates waiting to be filled and all the hungry faces hovering above them. You're in the dinning room.
Just like the parlor it is rather chatty in this room. They others don't really notice you two and you take your seats. You sit down at the very end of the table.

Sooner or later you hear a knock on the door. After a second the doors swing open revealing two butlers and Berune pushing the food carts. The butler with the big grin on his face starts to announce. "As asked for this special occasion I have prepared a lovely Christmas feast, which will no doubt be to the best of you expectations." He snaps his fingers and Berune places the trays one by one onto the table. Then he reveals each dish giving a large description. Just like the parlor the dishes seems like something out of a catalog. A "perfect Christmas Dinner" the advertisements used to say. An oven-roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, myriad of vegetables, etc.

Then something happened.
>> No. 6102 edit
File 130863085075.png - (105.72KB , 439x480 , kla_akuwaraia1.png )
6102
>>6101
"I just wanted to thank everyone for coming. I don't like long speeches so I'll just say this. I'm happy we can all be here." He takes a small pause. " Well then, let us eat!"

Everyone clicked their glasses as a resounding "cheers" was spread around the room as everyone digs in" . Even though the food is entering everyone's mouths they still find time to talk in between. Soon most of the people are in discussions. Trivial stuff from what you can hear. However it would be a good time to socialize.
>> No. 6103 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
6103
>>6102
Apparently my amnesia is so bad I don't even know who I'm sitting next to.

I look around and see who I'm sitting near.
>> No. 6105 edit
File 132894124611.png - (649.49KB , 640x480 , mdin_1b.png )
6105
>>6103
The sitting order goes like so; You are at the back of the room, then on your left side leading up to the front is Battler, Rosa, Maria, Ange, Kyrie, and Rudolf.
At the front is Krauss, then coming back on your right side of he table; Natsuhi, Jessica, Eva, Hideyoshi, an empty chair and then you again.

The Gohda, Genji and Berune are standing attentive over in the front of the room near the door.
>> No. 6106 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
6106
>>6105
I examine the eating utensils, do they look like they're made of silver?

I also try to make some conversation.

"...Christmas was always a fun time for me as a kid. Seeing Maria and Ange playing and having fun sure gave me a nostalgic feeling. How about you, Battler?"
>> No. 6107 edit
File 13289429425.png - (77.78KB , 352x480 , bu2_defa3.png )
6107
>>6106
As far as you can tell the utensils are indeed silver.

Battler responses "Yeah, my grandfather had always loved the western stuff so naturally our family celebrated it a lot. Not many of my friends celebrated Christmas actually. Probably since their parents were against it or something. Speaking of which, did your family live over seas? I noticed you have a slight accent."
>> No. 6108 edit
File 13179539737.png - (144.46KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia2a.png )
6108
>>6107
"Yes, for a while I lived in America. But I was born in Japan and eventually decided to start living here again. It's interesting for me to see so many western traditions in this eastern household. But you say was your grandfather who brought those traditions to this family, right? What was it that made him so interested in the West?"

I check to see if the silverware tarnishes when it touches the various foods.
>> No. 6110 edit
File 132894538410.png - (592.76KB , 640x480 , mdin_1c.png )
6110
Your paranoia of poisoned food is dismissed when you see that the silver did not become tarnished.

Battler is about to respond but Hideyoshi interrupts with a loud "Ah Ha! I've remembered." He looks towards you. "Goldbar was the name of that amazing Detective who was popular a few years back. You aren't his son are you!?" After blurting this out, Hideyoshi's eyes open in shock and suddenly puts on a face of regret.

At the word 'detective' the atmosphere in the room changes. The servants are eyeing each other. Battler continues to look on at you, while Maria and Ange are simple oblivious. Kyrie, Rosa, and Rudolf stop, or rather they slightly pause with what they are doing. Jessica and Natsuhi are looking at Krauss who has his eyes closed and simple takes another drink of wine. Eva practically drops here fork. You could say all eyes are on you.
>> No. 6111 edit
File 131268935772.png - (289.01KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia1b.png )
6111
>>6110
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moQs7TWybvY]

I stand up. Having been seated at the other end of the table, to anyone else it would look as though I were the one in charge, making the opening announcement of tonight's dinner. With steady yet quick hands I pull out my badge, looking down at everyone at the table.

"Yes, that's right, there's no use hiding it now. I'm the son of Gilligan Goldbar, the famous detective! After my father's unexpected death, I decided to take up the one case he wasn't able to solve, something you all should be familiar with. Once the festivities are over I'd like to ask a few of you some questions, if you don't mind. With that said, I do look forward to an elegant, yet intellectual night."

There's no need to worry about keeping it a secret any longer. There's nothing they can do about it. After all, now that the storm is here nobody can enter or leave the island.

Detective Kinjo Goldbar is here to stay, whether they like it or not!!!
>> No. 6115 edit
File 132901737766.png - (308.16KB , 640x480 , geezkinjoyouneedtostepitup.png )
6115
>>6111
The room is silent. From the adults reactions you'd imagined a something larger scene to happen.
Most of the eyes are now on Krauss. "Nii-san what is this?" Rosa says. The other join in too with more inquisitions. At that moment Krauss stands up and slams both of his hands on the table.

"Enough!" His voice hushes the rest of the family. "I warned you to behave you insolent brat! That case has been closed by the police, you don't have the jurisdiction to make this your playground. However you seem unable to get that through you mystery crazed thick skull of yours! You come to this island, uninvited, and start to pester us! You are breaking the law!" Krauss takes a pause to catch his breath. "This storm is truly your savoir, not once but twice. Genji!" he barks. "Take our guest to his room, his is no longer wanted."

Genji bows and walks over to you passing the aghast faces of the rest of the family. He then picks up the briefcase you have been tugging everywhere. "If you would come with me I'll show you to your room."
>> No. 6116 edit
File 131795459184.png - (142.83KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia2.png )
6116
>>6115
"Sure. Happy holidays, everyone."

I keep calm as Genji escorts me to my room.
>> No. 6117 edit
File 132901887332.png - (241.15KB , 640x480 , m_o1andark.png )
6117
>>6116
You and Genji leave the Dinning room. Battler stands up and is about to saw something, however he stops and you and the servant continue out the door and outside of the mansion.

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzl_WUMR2nM ]

You exit the same place you have already gone through more then your share, the main entrance. You instantly notice how it has started to snow harder. Not to mention that is has gotten darker.

It is a short walk to the guesthouse.
>> No. 6118 edit
File 13290192078.png - (391.61KB , 640x480 , g1f_p1bn.png )
6118
>>6117
You enter the guesthouse.

As soon as you enter there is a hall leading to some stairs in the back, a few meters in front of you the hall splits to the left. To the right of the split there is a double door.

"If you get lost you can use this map" says Genji as he points to a map to your left. You notice all of the guest rooms are on the second floor.
>> No. 6119 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
6119
>>6118
I take out my notebook and pencil and copy down the map, then continue to follow Genji.
>> No. 6120 edit
File 132902069290.png - (519.57KB , 640x480 , g1f_r2an.png )
6120
>>6119
You copy down the map exactly.

GH Floor 1

GH Floor 2

You then follow Genji up to the next floor. Turning the corner you and him walk down the hall a bit to the room labeled "#4". "Here is your room," He says while unlocking it with a key. He opens the door for you and lets you walk in. Genji follows you and flips a switch on the wall -- which is right beside a thermostat -- when he does this the light hanging from the ceiling turns up. Inside your room you see a bed, it has been made nicely with thick blankets. Beside the bed is a small table with a lamp on top of it. Across from the bed there is a dresser. Over on the other side of the room there are two doors. "The door on the left is the bathroom, on the right is the closet. If you need anything you can call the servants room down stairs. The extension for that one is 0034. In the case I am not there the one in the mansion is 0012." He places your briefcase on the bed. "Will that be all?"
>> No. 6121 edit
File 13082697241.png - (160.87KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua1.png )
6121
>>6120
"Umm, is there a key to my room I could have?"
>> No. 6122 edit
File 131329945267.png - (77.99KB , 319x477 , gen_defa1.png )
6122
>>6121
"Certainly" He pulls a key labeled GR#4 and hands it to you. "I would like to mention that even though each servant has a master key that can open almost every room we only have one of each guestroom key. Do not lose it."
>> No. 6123 edit
File 130841958097.png - (142.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa2.png )
6123
>>6122
"Right. I guess that's all, but before you go I'd like to ask. Does this look familiar?"

I pull out the letter and show Genji the one-winged stamp.

"My father received this letter but I've been unable to pinpoint who sent it. The letter claims he and Kinzo were good friends, but since neither of them are still with us I haven't been able to get anywhere. I can only assume it's someone from this family given that stamp, but you know them better than I do. Do you have any ideas?"
>> No. 6124 edit
File 131940670529.png - (78.95KB , 319x478 , gen_odorokia1.png )
6124
>>6123
"Oh, that is..." Genji gives the letter a quick read as you hold the it out to him. "Hmmmm... Krauss-sama insisted that he did not invite you, and yet the only stamp that can make that mark is the one in his possession. However Krauss-sama keeps it on his person almost 24/7. It would be hard for someone else to use it without his consent."
>> No. 6125 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
6125
>>6124
"I see...that's interesting. You know, now I didn't really get to eat anything. Could I have at least some food or drinks brought here?"
>> No. 6126 edit
File 132902069290.png - (519.57KB , 640x480 , g1f_r2an.png )
6126
>>6125
"Very well, I shall return in a few minutes."

As Genji leaves he closes the door. You then notice that the door also has a chain lock. You hear Genji slowly walk away.
>> No. 6127 edit
File 130854683756.png - (144.66KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia3a.png )
6127
>>6126
I check the time on my watch.

I then examine the material the chain is made out of.

>> No. 6128 edit
File 132902397650.png - (467.02KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
6128
>>6127
It is 7:45pm

As far as you can tell the chain is made out of steel.
>> No. 6129 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
6129
>>6128
I check out the closet. Then I go inside the bathroom and look around.
>> No. 6130 edit
File 132902459267.png - (409.71KB , 640x480 , mbat_2a.png )
6130
>>6129
Inside the closet there are coat hangers on a rack. Above that there is a self and a small window, other then that it is rather bare.

Inside the bathroom it looks pretty normal too. There is a sink, toilet, shower, waste bin, drawers and cupboards under the sink, mirror above the sink, and a window beside the mirror.

Seems they also left a small bowl full of soaps and shampoos like in hotels.
>> No. 6131 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
6131
>>6130
I return to the bedroom and try and see if I can find anything with batteries inside, opening as many drawers as I can as well.
>> No. 6132 edit
>>6131
Among other items you find an alarm clock, there are two AA batteries inside.
>> No. 6133 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
6133
>>6132
I take the batteries. Then I step into the hallway and look at my surroundings there.
>> No. 6134 edit
File 132902591866.png - (291.62KB , 640x480 , gsta_1a.png )
6134
>>6133
You are in the hall way. Nothing too spectacular.
>> No. 6135 edit
File 131794827616.png - (161.05KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia2.png )
6135
>>6134
I check to see if guest room 5 is unlocked.
>> No. 6136 edit
File 132902397650.png - (467.02KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
6136
>>6135
It is locked.
>> No. 6137 edit
>>6136
And what about the book archive?
>> No. 6138 edit
>>6137
It's unlocked.
>> No. 6139 edit
>>6138
I'll enter real quick, what do I see?
>> No. 6140 edit
File 132902641439.png - (661.80KB , 640x480 , glib_1br.png )
6140
>>6139
Books, Books everywhere. There are four rows of bookshelf. There are also four rather large windows in the room.
>> No. 6141 edit
File 131803127630.png - (153.62KB , 606x480 , wdk_akuwaraic1.png )
6141
>>6140
I'll select a book at random from the 4th bookshelf! And then go read it in my room until Genji arrives!
>> No. 6143 edit
File 132781477464.png - (153.16KB , 640x480 , note1.png )
6143
>>6141
You take a book off the shelf at random.

"The Book of Five Rings - Musashi Miyamoto

I have been many years training in the Way of Strategy, called Ni Ten Ichi Ryu, and now I think I will explain it in writing for the first time."

Seems like it is a book on strategy, sounds interesting.

You then wait for Genji in your room.
>> No. 6144 edit
File 131329945267.png - (77.99KB , 319x477 , gen_defa1.png )
6144
>>6143
Shortly after you hear a knock on your door and you let them in. It is Genji, he has brought your food. It's is just leftovers from dinner.

"If you need anything I'll be downstairs in the servants room."

With that he bows and then leaves.
>> No. 6206 edit
File 131794509272.png - (14.19KB , 217x157 , kinjo_heh2.png )
6206
>>6144
I eat the food.

Then I check to see if any of the other guest room doors are unlocked. After that I go downstairs and check out the utility room.

>> No. 6207 edit
File 132909887568.png - (580.78KB , 640x480 , glob_1er.png )
6207
>>6206
You eat your food.

On inspection of the rooms you find that GR 3 and 2 are locked, however 1 is not.

Disregarding that you head down stairs to the utility room.
Once inside you can now get a good look of the place. Just like the name implies there are a bunch of machines like dryers, washing machines and other appliances that you would expect servants to use. Above the washing machine there is two cupboards. In the corner there is a bunch of dirty laundry in a basket. Finally over in the furthermost corner of the room there is a small trap door in the ground.
>> No. 6208 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
6208
>>6207
I'll check the two cupboards.
>> No. 6209 edit
File 132909969624.png - (1.51MB , 2560x1440 , totallynotmyhouse.png )
6209
>>6208
Inside you find different types of cleaning solutions for various things. There is also an iron inside and a sewing machine.
>> No. 6210 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
6210
>>6209
I'll go back up to the second floor and go inside GR#1.
>> No. 6211 edit
File 132910052276.png - (481.54KB , 640x480 , g2f_r1bn.png )
6211
>>6210
You enter GR1. Inside it looks practically the same as your room, however there is no closet and there are two beds and a few chairs around a table.
>> No. 6212 edit
>>6211
Is there a chain on this door as well?
>> No. 6213 edit
>>6212
yes
>> No. 6214 edit
File 132519693937.png - (49.59KB , 196x195 , wwwwwww.png )
6214
I go back to my room, take off my coat and hang it in the closet. I leave, locking the door behind me, and go to the utility room and look for a coat or something to disguise myself with. Then I leave the guesthouse and head toward the mansion.
>> No. 6215 edit
File 132910186397.png - (205.96KB , 640x480 , m_o1bn.png )
6215
>>6214
You put your coat in the closet and look for a disguise in the utility room. It's all woman clothing. You find a lovely top and put it on, it's doubtful that it will do much against the cold. You then exit the guesthouse and walk towards the mansion.

You are around 20 feet away from the mansion when you notice one of the windows is showing much activity. From where you are you can see most of the family through the window. It is probably the parlor.
>> No. 6216 edit
File 132910244769.png - (40.97KB , 480x434 , wdk_left.png )
6216
>>6215
I'll sneak over to the window and cautiously look inside to see what's going on.
>> No. 6217 edit
File 132910301550.png - (1.64MB , 1024x768 , christmas tree.png )
6217
>>6216
You push your way through the snow and reach the window, ducking under you try to stealthily take a peek inside.

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtgt4Xqme4&ob=av3n ]

Inside it looks just as festive as when you first entered the parlor. Battler, Jessica, Maria, and Ange all have the remains of what you assume to be Christmas wrappings under their feet. They also each have a present in their hands.

There seems to be music playing from somewhere, it's rather hard to hear what they are saying because of it...
>> No. 6218 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
6218
>>6217
I throw off my "disguise" and sneak my way into the mansion entrance hall.
>> No. 6219 edit
File 132910356981.png - (462.14KB , 640x480 , mhal_2an.png )
6219
>>6218
You ditch the disguise and now are in the main entrance on the mansion.
>> No. 6220 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
6220
>>6219
Damn this amnesia, it's been giving me so much trouble.

Come, try and remember the rooms I've been to and where they are.
>> No. 6221 edit
File 132910450872.png - (83.40KB , 800x600 , shittymansionF1remember1.png )
6221
>>6220
>> No. 6222 edit
File 13179496866.png - (145.24KB , 434x480 , wdk_akuwaraia1.png )
6222
>>6221
Time to do some exploring.

I go straight down the hall, past the main stairs into the corridor.
>> No. 6224 edit
File 132910524983.png - (230.74KB , 640x480 , m1f_p1dn.png )
6224
>>6222

Remember 2

You go down the hall and immediately find a single door, you decide to continue down the hall until you reach the end. around the corner there is a small door which is open, inside are some stairs going down under the mansion.
>> No. 6225 edit
File 132781612866.png - (143.42KB , 434x480 , wdk_ikaria2.png )
6225
>>6224
Let's try the stairs.
>> No. 6226 edit
File 132910553241.png - (301.47KB , 640x480 , mboi_1c.png )
6226
>>6225
You go down the stairs, instead of getting colder as you go down it gets hotter, at the bottom there is a large metal door.

You enter the door. It gets hotter once you enter. This must be the boiler room. Inside there is a large boiler in the right corner. There are a good amount of tools in here too. Over in the back there are two more metal doors.
>> No. 6227 edit
File 130827688591.png - (142.76KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea1.png )
6227
>>6226
I take a closer look at the tools.
>> No. 6228 edit
>>6227
From what you can tell they are tools for building such as wrenches, nails, hammers, cleavers, and there are a few broken hoes and shovels.
>> No. 6229 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
6229
>>6228
I'll take as many nails as I can with me, as well as the hammer. Then I'll go through the first metal door.
>> No. 6230 edit
File 132910618714.png - (323.81KB , 640x480 , mboi_1d.png )
6230
>>6229
You go over the first metal door...It is locked.

At that moment you hear footsteps descending the stairs you came from.
>> No. 6231 edit
File 132910632539.png - (144.62KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia3.png )
6231
>>6230
I quickly try the other door. If it doesn't open then I'll hide behind something.
>> No. 6232 edit
File 132910651667.png - (256.97KB , 640x480 , mboi_1a.png )
6232
>>6231
The other door is also locked, it has a small window on it, it seems this one leads outside.

You quickly hide behind the one of the tool closets and the front door opens and in walks...
>> No. 6233 edit
File 132910666577.png - (259.75KB , 640x480 , kinjousedhideitwassupereffective.png )
6233
>>6232
Ruon. She walks over to the boiler and starts to fiddle with it.
>> No. 6234 edit
File 131805672943.png - (49.51KB , 221x214 , wdk_avatar8.png )
6234
>>6233
I'll wait to see what happens.
>> No. 6235 edit
File 132910733934.png - (117.39KB , 343x477 , rg1_fumana2.png )
6235
>>6234
She continues to look at the machine.

"Hmm now where is that wrench?" she says to her self. As she starts to look around the room from where she is standing.
>> No. 6236 edit
File 131795800895.png - (143.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua2.png )
6236
>>6235
I continue to wait...
>> No. 6237 edit
File 132910793443.png - (120.98KB , 343x474 , rg1_nakua1.png )
6237
>>6236
Ruon walks over to the tool closet and sees your still figure behind standing still.

She lets out a load ear piercing shriek and jumps back in shock. Luckily she notices who she is looking at.
"Jesus, Kinjo! What the hell are you doing, scaring me like that!?"
>> No. 6238 edit
File 131917084946.png - (153.18KB , 651x480 , wdk_fumanb1.png )
6238
>>6237
"I should be asking you the same thing! Anyway the wrench is right there!"

I point to where the wrench is at, moving away from my hiding spot, toward her back.
>> No. 6239 edit
File 132910865014.png - (117.42KB , 343x473 , rg1_akuwaraia1.png )
6239
>>6238
"Oh thanks... Hey hold it! What do you mean 'asking you the same thing'? I work here, someone was complaining about the temperature so I came to adjust it."
She gets all up in your face in a 'matter of fact' way.

"What are you doing here? "
>> No. 6240 edit
File 131795459184.png - (142.83KB , 434x480 , wdk_waraia2.png )
6240
>>6239
"I didn't like the temperature either. I'm here to warm this cold case back up!"

I step back to get some personal space.

"How long have you been working here, Ruon? And how much do you know about this family?"
>> No. 6244 edit
File 132918558926.png - (117.25KB , 343x475 , rg1_komarua1.png )
6244
>>6240
"Cold case?" She shuffles nervously.

"Weren't you invited here by Krauss to join the festivities?"
>> No. 6245 edit
File 13082697241.png - (160.87KB , 434x480 , wdk_niramua1.png )
6245
>>6244
"It's a long story. I'd rather not get into the details at the moment. But you can trust me, Ruon. Can I trust you too?"
>> No. 6246 edit
File 132918643084.png - (111.08KB , 343x475 , rg1_defa1.png )
6246
>>6245
Ruon doesn't say anything right away. If one were to guess what she was thinking, she would probably be trying to size you up.

"Who exactly are you? Who are you really?"
>> No. 6247 edit
File 130854683756.png - (144.66KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia3a.png )
6247
>>6246
"I'm a detective, and I need all the cooperation I can get. For my father's sake."

I show her my badge.
>> No. 6248 edit
File 13291867175.png - (118.84KB , 343x474 , rg1_komarua2.png )
6248
>>6247
"You're a detective... So that's what it meant..."
>> No. 6249 edit
File 131260110168.png - (161.29KB , 434x480 , wdk_ikaria1.png )
6249
>>6248
"...What do you mean, what 'it' meant?"
>> No. 6250 edit
File 13291867175.png - (118.84KB , 343x474 , rg1_komarua2.png )
6250
>>6249
"A few minutes ago... upstairs... a letter was found in the parlor. It was written to "Culprit-san" and inside..."
She takes a pause to calm herself,
"Was a threat towards the culprit's life. No.. that wasn't a threat, it was a promise. A promise to murder."
>> No. 6251 edit
File 132918758835.png - (144.71KB , 434x480 , wdk_itaia3a.png )
6251
>>6250
"What?! Where's this letter?! I wonder, is the writer the same as the one who invited me here?! Whoever they are they sure have been mysterious about it, not even leaving me a name to go on! What did the letter say?!"
>> No. 6252 edit
File 13291882732.png - (119.05KB , 343x477 , rg1_komarua3.png )
6252
>>6251
"After Battler had read the letter Krauss ripped it into pieces and threw it into the trash.
The letter said that it wasn't a coincidence that 'he' was here, and then went on to say that once 'he' finds the culprit, the writer of the letter would personally kill the culprit.

When you told me your true nature I assumed 'he' was referring to you."
>> No. 6253 edit
File 130854767435.png - (144.53KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea4a.png )
6253
>>6252
"That's...not good. So whoever invited me here did so in order to get me to expose the culprit...so they could kill them. Looks like I'll have to track down not one but two people. This won't be easy though, considering Krauss is less than pleased with how I've been acting around here. Just know that I have entirely good intentions, and I want what is best for the family."
>> No. 6254 edit
File 132910733934.png - (117.39KB , 343x477 , rg1_fumana2.png )
6254
>>6253
She looks straight into your eyes for the first time since you said you were a detective. No doubt she is wondering if those words are true.

"Alright, I'll believe you."
>> No. 6256 edit
File 13180522861.png - (144.38KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea5a.png )
6256
>>6254
"Maybe Krauss and the rest would be more open to the idea of a detective now that there's a potential killer on the loose. Are they all still in the parlor?"
>> No. 6257 edit
File 13291882732.png - (119.05KB , 343x477 , rg1_komarua3.png )
6257
>>6255
"No, everyone left the parlor after that.

Even with that letter here it will be hard to gain anyone's trust. You wouldn't know this, but three years ago, there was another like you. A girl proclaiming that she was a detective. She..."

It must be a hard topic, Ruon is shaking"

"did terrible things..." she finishes.
>> No. 6258 edit
File 130827127155.png - (161.26KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa1.png )
6258
>>6257
"...Terrible things? So gaining the family's trust might be harder than I thought. Really reminds me of that riddle game we played earlier."

I walk up to the tool closet, take the wrench and hand it to her.

"By the way, you might want to adjust that temperature now. They might wonder what happened to you if we just sit around here doing nothing."
>> No. 6259 edit
File 132918643084.png - (111.08KB , 343x475 , rg1_defa1.png )
6259
>>6258
"Umm, Right... talk to you later then. I guess."

She takes the wrench and gets to work adjusting the boiler.
>> No. 6260 edit
File 132668923149.png - (5.39KB , 40x60 , tinykinjo.png )
6260
>>6259
"Later."

I go back up the stairs and explore the door in front of me (where I haven't gone in yet).
>> No. 6261 edit
File 132919108698.png - (320.87KB , 640x480 , kinjoprobablycanburnwater.png )
6261
>>6260
You leave the boiler room and head back to the room you had previously past. The door is slightly open so you take a peek inside. It seems to be the kitchen.

Inside it is a typical kitchen setting, fridge, pantry, stove, over and the like. There are also two metal doors in this room, luckily you can tell which these lead too. The first one leads to the deep freeze as the words suggest. The second one leads outside judging from the window on the same wall. Gohda and Berune are inside washing dishes, they don't seem too happy.
>> No. 6262 edit
File 131794687915.png - (144.97KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia1a.png )
6262
>>6261
"I heard about that letter. Rest assured that I have no bad intentions; I don't even know who wrote it. But it looks like I fell into their trap perfectly, and I'd like to dig myself out of it."
>> No. 6263 edit
File 13291925147.png - (462.52KB , 640x480 , filenamegoeshere.png )
6263
>>6262
Gohda and Berune both turn around from the unexpected voice. When they see it's you they both seem put off.

"Is that so?" Gohda says simply "Well then if you would excuse us we have work to do"

The two turn their backs on you.
>> No. 6264 edit
File 13179539737.png - (144.46KB , 434x480 , wdk_futekia2a.png )
6264
>>6263
"...I see. Well if it means anything I loved the food tonight."

I decide to go back to the entrance hall.
>> No. 6265 edit
File 132910356981.png - (462.14KB , 640x480 , mhal_2an.png )
6265
>>6264
As you live you can see the Gohda's hand paused for a second while washing a dish. Regardless you decide to go back to the entrance hall.

As you enter you see Battler alone. He is looking up at the portrait of Beatrice. He doesn't seem to notice you.
>> No. 6266 edit
File 130828198675.png - (143.31KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea2.png )
6266
>>6265
"...Battler."

I try and get his attention.
>> No. 6267 edit
File 132893465450.png - (77.72KB , 352x480 , bu2_defa6.png )
6267
>>6266
You see him wipe his face quickly before turning around. The skin around his eyes are slightly red.

"Oh... Kinjo. Weren't you supposed to be in the Guesthouse?"
>> No. 6270 edit
File 130854767435.png - (144.53KB , 434x480 , wdk_majimea4a.png )
6270
>>6267
"Probably. But if I just sit there and do nothing, well......Even I don't know why I'm here anymore. It's better to just be honest about things, don't you think?"
>> No. 6272 edit
File 132919478217.png - (77.54KB , 352x480 , bu2_defa11.png )
6272
>>6270
"Honesty? Only if this world was honest. That would be a hoot, honesty in this world?. If only there wasn't so much lying and deceit. If only everything was clearly stated, instead of hidden behind closed curtains. Then they might not have had to... However that's not the case, this is real life. And life is rough."

You see Battler's eyes water up and he turns away.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to be alone right now."
>> No. 6273 edit
File 130869852468.png - (160.61KB , 434x480 , wdk_nayamua1.png )
6273
>>6272
"...I understand."

I'll go down the right corridor and enter the room I haven't been inside yet.
>> No. 6274 edit
File 132919596629.png - (367.84KB , 640x480 , midnightchickhunterkinjo.png )
6274
>>6273

Remember3

You are about to enter the room when you notice a voice coming from inside.
"Well where am I going to iron them then? Oh? The old one? Alright then, if I have too."
You then here a sound of a phone being put on the receiver, followed by a loud clicking/crunching sound. You decide to satisfy your curiosity and enter the room.

Turns out this room is the servants room, not to mention it also looks like the equivalent of the utility room in the guesthouse. You see Manon ironing some clothing on a ironing board coming from the wall. She looks up as you enter.

"Oh, Goldebar-sama." She says your name with a rather pronounced pause. "Is there something you need?"
>> No. 6275 edit
File 132919673079.png - (143.85KB , 434x480 , wdk_defa3a.png )
6275
>>6274
"Oh, hello Manon. I don't really need anything right now. Just taking a walk to stave off some boredom."
>> No. 6276 edit
File 132919696435.png - (134.34KB , 343x479 , rg5_komarua1.png )
6276
>>6275
She gives you a narrow glance.
"Alright then, make sure you stay on the first floor. The floors above are family rooms; it's off limits to guests."

She continues to iron the clothing.
>> No. 6277 edit
File 132919711733.png - (15.07KB , 100x100 , wdk_avatar2.png )
6277
>>6276
Taking Manon's advice, I backtrack a bit to visit the only room I haven't been to on the first floor.
>> No. 6278 edit
File 132902397650.png - (467.02KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
6278
>>6277
You find it is locked.
>> No. 6279 edit
File 132919737361.png - (124.26KB , 657x520 , clock1.png )
6279
>>6278
I check my watch.
>> No. 6280 edit
>>6279
It's 9:30pm
>> No. 6476 edit
second thread
>>6281
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason