[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 134048363542.png - (71.87KB , 415x140 , logo.png )
7668 No. 7668 edit
As requested, here is a random thread for random theories about the game.

Red truth for the game is below.
Expand all images
>> No. 7670 edit
General
The detective is forbidden from killing any child of man.
Only when Kinjo wins or loses, may the participants then, and only then leave.
Now that the storm is here nobody can enter or leave the island.
Battler doesn't like Ruon in that way.
Maria is born of a woman.
Yasu is not Ruon. Ruon is not Yasu.
Ruon is not an accomplice!
Yasu is dead.
KINZO IS DEAD!
KINZO IS NOT THE CULPRIT!!!
Kinjo has lost


Regarding past events
George was never egged on to propose to Yasu.

Regarding events before the murders
Ruon truly mistook you for Battler at the docks.
The trap that killed Rudolf was originally intended for you.


Regarding Eva and Hideyoshi's murder
Because of the snow there is no way to get to the Guesthouse or Mansion without using the path Genji made!
Manon was seen in the guesthouse by Kyrie from 2:10 AM to 2:30 AM.
When Battler and Genji arrived to the room, both the chain and deadbolt was set. The lock on the window was also set!
The culprit never used the window to enter or leave the room.
Eva and Hideyoshi died from the wound you investigated. To kill them, the culprit went right up to them, and stabbed them!
When the chain was set it prevented a person from entering the room.
The culprit was inside of the room when they killed Eva and Hideyoshi.
No one could fully enter/exit the room when the chain was set.
Battler and Genji arrived at the correct room. That room being the one Eva and Hideyoshi were killed and found in.
The chain was only cut once and that was by Genji right before discovering the dead bodies.
It was never replaced or repaired.
There are no hidden passage in the bathroom or anywhere else in Guestroom #3.
The culprit did not used a window to enter or leave the room.
Correct, the chain was set from the outside.


Regarding Krauss's murder
Krauss successively tested for poison using his equipment. When Battler, Krauss and you entered, there was no poison in or on anything in the room.
Poison - A substance that, when introduced into or absorbed by a living organism, causes death or injury.
All of the bottle were left over from when Kinzo was alive. They are all empty.
What killed Krauss was not brought into the room by Battler, Krauss, or Kinjo.
What killed Krauss came into contact with him inside of the study and no where else.
A trap was not used.
Trap - a device set up previously so that at a later time it can be triggered (without the culprit touching it) in order to harm or kill.
The moment Krauss came into contact with what killed him, it took no more than 10 seconds before he died.
Krauss was dying as soon as you saw him freeze in place; immediately after he drank his liquor.
The spoon did not create a poison. Nor did it kill Krauss.
Battler couldn't have tampered with the drink without you noticing.
The only people in the study were Battler, Krauss and Kinjo.
In this game only humans can kill.
It is forbidden for accident or intuition to be employed as a detective technique!
Nothing passed through Krauss's windows while you were there.
That is correct. The culprit dropped the poison into Krauss's cup through a hole in the ceiling.


Regarding Natsuhi's murder
Natsuhi was shot by the gun post-mortem. She did not trip on the string.
The ashes around Natsuhi were the documents that were inside of the metal box. They play no part in the howdunit.
It is forbidden for this case to be resolved with clues that are not presented.
When you Battler, Genji, and Rudolf entered the storage room, there was only a single gun inside. That gun hasn't been shot even once this entire game!
The tools inside the shed were not used to kill Natsuhi!
The gunshot was not a recording!
The door was not locked with a key!
The gunshot everyone heard came from a real gun!
That was a real bullet hole!
Natsuhi was attacked for the first time while inside of the room!
The gun that shot Natsuhi was inside the room when it was fired! The main door was closed and locked!
Neither the door or the window have an auto lock.
No mechanism was used to lock either the door or window.
When you arrived at the door the only person in the room was Natsuhi, dead.
The last thing to lock the door and window was directly caused by a key or human hand.
There was no trap used in this murder!
The window was locked by the culprits hand.
When the culprit locked the window they were inside the room.

[THEY REMOVED THE WINDOW FROM ITS FRAME AND PUT IT BACK FROM THE OTHER SIDE!] Correct...

Regarding Kinjo's wound
[The person who stabbed me was born via c-section, and thus wasn't born of a woman.] You are right.

Regarding Genji's murder
The culprit did not hide in the room.
When you entered the room the only person inside was the deceased Genji.
No trap was used to kill Genji.
Genji was attacked by the culprit at point blank.
The lantern was not the murder weapon.
Genji did not set the chain.
Genji did not open the door for the culprit.
The culprit did not stab Genji through the doorway or door.
The lantern broke when Genji fell.
I [Kinjo] never checked to see if the window was locked.
T-The culprit never entered through the window.
The blood in the hallway is from Genji.
You are correct. The window wasn't even locked. After killing Genji they locked the door and left through the window.


Regarding Kyrie's murder
[There is no closed room. The culprit simply killed her and walked away.] That is correct.
>> No. 7671 edit
Regarding the time before Rudolf's death
Whether they are dead or alive, the one who wrote the letter that called you to Rokkenjima is among the people on the island.
Everyone alive on the island is gathered inside the guesthouse right now.


Regarding Rudolf's death
When Battler passed through the small hole blocking the top of the stair case, it collapsed; preventing anyone from going up or down the stairs.
Even in the state you were in, you would have noticed if someone had passed you.
After the fire started nobody entered the guesthouse.
The culprit wasn't hiding on the second floor.
The culprit is still alive.
Rudolf didn't receive the wound that killed him until he had entered Guest Room #4!
Rudolf was not stabbed or even attacked in the lobby. The injury he received there was due to the rubble from the ceiling. That injury was non-lethal.
The Servant's room was completely on fire at that time.
The only entrances to Guestroom #4 are the windows, door, and hole connecting to the hallway.
The culprit didn't hide in the servant room.
Rudolf was not shot.
The culprit did not leave through either of the windows.
The culprit did not hide on the roof.
When Rudolf was killed the basement was completely set a flame.
Rudolf was not killed from the basement.
Not a single person was in the basement from when the fire started to when Rudolf was killed.
You heard the sound of the banister falling and breaking a hole in the wall, which was behind you.
From when you three entered the second floor; which collapsed the hole, to when Rudolf was killed, the staircase never became non-blocked or unblocked!
From when you entered the Guesthouse with Maria and Battler, to when Rudolf was killed the culprit never once entered the utility room.
Nobody was in the guesthouse when you three entered.
It is forbidden for this case to be resolved with clues that are not presented.
The black thread has nothing to do with how Rudolf's murder was COMMITTED!
No explosion caused Rudolf to die.
The pillar was not the cause of Rudolf's death!
There was no trap in the bed or under it.
The only wound that effected Rudolf's death was the one he received inside guestroom #4. Rudolf was not stabbed in the hallway!

[Perhaps the light hanging from the ceiling fell onto Rudolf, killing him? That's the fatal wound he received in Guest Room #4, from the building itself!] If that had happened you would have found the light near Rudolf.
There was no trap inside the bed!
There are no traps in the floor!
Your magnets have nothing to do with this murder.
Nothing used for a trap was brought into the room!

[The trap was below the guest room, in the servant room.] No.
An iron was not used.
Nothing from the utility room was used to kill Rudolf.
Correct. There was a trap set up to kill Kinjo using the ironing board inside of the wall. Because of the cold it was frozen and it didn't work, thus only waking him up.
Only when the fire lit, it was then set off by the melting of the ice. Rudolf happened to be in the way at that time.

>> No. 7672 edit
File 131485545119.png - (119.30KB , 352x480 , but_nakua2.png )
7672
>>7668
>>7671

Writing a whole post and rewriting every red truth, making a careful presentation... Only to find out I've been ninja'd. Damn you Ozaki !
>> No. 7673 edit
First Thread: http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/5815.html

Second Thread: http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/6281.html

Third Thread: http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/6615.html

Fourth Thread: http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/6855.html

Fifth Thread: http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/7255.html

Final Thread: http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/7481.html
>> No. 7675 edit
Feel free to search for a better theory than mine.
Protip: you won't
>> No. 7676 edit
File 130827829267.png - (118.28KB , 352x480 , but_majimea6.png )
7676
I guess it's about time I start putting down my thoughts :
The most important red I guess is this one :

Everyone alive on the island is gathered inside the guesthouse right now.

I first thought it would deny any possibility of someone faking death at first, but the red only specify the guesthouse, which could mean that the culprit could actually have faked his death, and hiding in some other part of the guesthouse.

I don't really have a clear idea of the culprit though, and the thing is, pretty much every red truth concerning the death seems to confirm that they actually are dead.

I bring the possibility of someone faking their death because the murders of Krauss and Natsuhi couldn't possibly have been done by someone actually in the parlor.
I might be wrong on that part but I don't see any other solution.

Also, the possibility that someone apart from the characters we were introduced to could have done it wasn't denied, but I don't see any hint of it.

Well, there's really not much of a theory there, just me sharing my thoughts... What about you, peoples ?
>> No. 7677 edit
File 132907233677.png - (154.01KB , 340x366 , Erika_Thoughtful.png )
7677
Hm, you seem to have made a minor mistake with the formatting on the last paragraph (with the contextual words still being written in red). It doesn't really matter, though.

I'll be doing a thorough rereading and taking notes at some point in the near future.
>> No. 7678 edit
File 132908977539.png - (153.93KB , 340x366 , Erika_Disinterested.png )
7678
>>7676
Also, the way it's worded seems to me to imply that the people in that room were the only ones alive. After all, everyone is 'gathered' in the guesthouse. I wouldn't think that someone would be able to exist outside of that 'gathering' even if they were still inside the guesthouse.

It is just about possible to slip through the red that way, but it would be quite misleading, especially considering the context in which the red was used.
>> No. 7679 edit
File 134053998115.png - (118.07KB , 352x480 , but_komarua3.png )
7679
>>7678
Then, are you saying that Krauss and Natsuhi's murder was commited by one of the 10 known survivor ? How would that be possible ?

But the thing is, even with the possibility I brought up, the only person dead before Krauss and Natsuhi were Eva and Hideyoshi, and this red :

Eva and Hideyoshi died from the wound you investigated.

Confirms with quasi-certainty their death.

I thought about something : does Krauss and Natsuhi's murder necessitate the presence of the culprit ?

Couldn't the poison from the ceiling be installed beforehand ?

For Natsuhi, I don't really understand the way she died, basically the culprit shot her, then left the empty gun and escaped by the window, the replaced it from the other side ?
>> No. 7680 edit
File 132908077596.png - (158.50KB , 340x366 , Erika_HandOnHeart.png )
7680
>>7679

That is the main puzzle of this game, isn't it? How someone could have been present for those two murders.

It is definitely necessitated for the culprit to be present, since traps have already been denied in both cases.

Thinking about it, there are really only two ways to get past this problem that I can think of.

Either there was an extra person on the island from the start, who later died for some reason - or there was in fact someone in the guesthouse who was not part of the 'gathering'.

Both involve an unknown character being present from the start, which is extremely difficult to justify from the text.

Furthermore, the first option requires that the person who set the trap to kill Kinjo and the one who committed the murders are different people, while Ozaki has implied in many places that there is a single culprit behind everything.

In that case, your original suggestion about someone hiding in the guesthouse seems more likely, though I still think the red is rather misleading if that is the case.

I suppose the starting point for any theorising needs to be finding some kind of hint for an extra person to exist on the island. From there, the rest could probably be deduced. It's that starting point that is the hard part.

Quite the mystery you've set up here, Ozaki-san. <Good>, truly <good>!
>> No. 7681 edit
File 133478447261.jpg - (19.28KB , 300x433 , 128332-nikki025pastimeen4_large.jpg )
7681
Hmm... when Natsuhi's body was discovered, a gash on her neck is mentioned. We can probably take it that she was slashed with a knife, then shot, it seems. As for Krauss, it's confirmed in red that a 'trap', i.e a method of killing which doesn't necessitate the presence of a culprit, was definitely not used.

However, that doesn't mean the hole wasn't prepared beforehand! Assuming the gold plate on the desk where Krauss put his drink doesn't usually move, the culprit could have prepared the hole beforehand, and would only have needed to head up and drop the poison in after Krauss had tested his drink.

As for Natsuhi's murder, I'm stumped. She was attacked with the knife, then shot, then the tools in the room were used to remove the window and replace it from the outside. On top of that, the culprit only had a few minutes, max, to set up the fake trap before escaping with the real gun and the knife.

I want to say that they were set up beforehand by whoever planted the letter under the vase, but that would necessitate an almost psychic level of foresight on the part of the killer...
>> No. 7682 edit
File 132935729276.png - (166.36KB , 340x366 , Erika_Explaining.png )
7682
>>7681
Mi...Considering how Natsuhi suddenly left the room and ran into that room, it seems probable that the culprit had told her to go to that room at that time beforehand.

Of course, how they were able to convince her to do that is something else that needs explaining.

If we assume Jessica was the culprit, perhaps that was what she went to talk to her mother about when the cousins arrived at the mansion?
>> No. 7683 edit
File 134056112129.png - (120.83KB , 352x480 , but_oyaa2.png )
7683
Well, about that extra person, I've noticed the strange lack of presence of Dr.Nanjo.
Hideyoshi did say he was there 2 years ago, but we have no other information of his situation.

Kinjo even says that it sucks that there's no doctor on the island, which nobody answers to.

Well, since Kinzo died, it could be comprehensible that Nanjo would not have anything to do on Rokkenjima again, but still...

Plus, this being a game against Kinjo, Nanjo being the culprit seems fitting.

But I don't see any hint of his presence apart from these.
>> No. 7684 edit
>>7683
Kinjo already used Nanjo as the culprit in his fangame, so it would get old.
>> No. 7685 edit
File 130834234884.png - (117.46KB , 352x480 , but_futekia1.png )
7685
>>7684 I know, I don't really believe he is the culprit either.
Just the lack of his presence that I find weird.

Now that I think about it, Kumasawa either isn't mentioned. Ozaki doesn't seem to like old people.
>> No. 7686 edit
File 134057748655.jpg - (73.18KB , 450x550 , cc619b2fbbc725aae7ffc2b78d73cbd4db316e0f.jpg )
7686
I think Natsuhi ran in there as a direct result of the letter. It mentions some evidence that the family head has, so I get the nagging feeling that she went there to burn it before Kinjo could find it.

Why the storage room was her first choice remains a mystery, however.

Having re-read some of the old threads, I think I may, possibly, have found a hint at our theoretical extra individual. Remember when Kyrie thought she saw Ruon in the guesthouse prior to Manon bringing her drink, despite her presence being impossible at that time? What if, just as Battler said, she was mistaken?

It's a bit of a stretch, but it's the closest I can find to a hint at an extra person.

On the topic of Ruon, where do you two stand on her? She's not an accomplice, however you can't deny her tinkering with the boiler, which just so happens to explode later in the story, isn't a tad suspicious. The fact that the red wasn't used to deny her involvement entirely also smells a little bit to me.

However, Eva and Hideyoshi's murders were impossible for her, thanks to Battler's red. So could we have a multiple culprit situation here?
>> No. 7687 edit
>>7686
Well to be fair, I think there should be a sing;e culprit here.
>> No. 7688 edit
It's not only Kyrie who thought she saw Ruon in the guesthouse...

>In the hallway you see Eva, her body half out the door to her room, and the maid with black hair walking down the hall and turning around the corner.

It seems that Manon was disguising herself as Ruon for some reason, but why, I wonder?

I also noticed that Manon was said to have been absent on the day George was murdered. This seems a strange detail to include, doesn't it?

Perhaps Manon thought she could have stopped it from happening if she'd been there, and this is the 'non-existent feeling of guilt' referred to in Anon's hint?

I'm not really sure where to go from there though...
>> No. 7689 edit
>>7688
I like your train of though but, Why do you think it wasn't Ruon back then? I'm kinda lost.
>> No. 7690 edit
File 133467695194.jpg - (51.74KB , 320x226 , 3natsuhi.jpg )
7690
Hmm. This quandary in the guesthouse needs to be resolved before we can move on.

Thanks to that little tidbit that RIKA pulled up, we can confirm that there was a maid with black hair in the guesthouse that night. We can also assume that it was in fact Manon, disguised as Ruon.

>"I was on duty at the guesthouse during the night" says Manon "I stayed up the whole night just like Genji. The only thing I remember around three was some noise upstairs. I didn't think much of it but decided to check it out anyway. When I went upstairs I found nothing odd so I resumed my post down in the servant's room."

This noise is probably the same noise that woke Kinjo up, the trap in his room failing to go off. And yet, the only maid we see at this point is one with black hair, who we presume to be Ruon.

So, twice over the course of the night, Manon disguises herself as Ruon. Between 2:10-2:30, when she was seen by Kyrie, then again at 3:00 when Kinjo saw her.

The fact that she went up in disguise when the trap went of suggests to me that Manon knew precisely what the noise was, and planned to use the opportunity to incriminate Ruon.

Manon's also a prime suspect for Eva and Hideyoshi's murders. She's got a master key, so she could have locked the door no problem, and as Kinjo deduced, the chain lock was set from outside.

Regarding this murder at least, I think it's obvious that a servant is the culprit. Furthermore, unless Genji lied about who he met during the night, Manon was the only servant present in the guesthouse that night.

... The only reason I'm a bit hesitant about going further with this theory is Kinjo's encounter with Ruon in the boiler room. Ruon's no accomplice, so if she's not our culprit, her messing with the boiler couldn't have been the cause of the explosion. Which in turn would mean that the whole scene was nothing more than a red herring on Ozaki's part, which is cruel to say the least.
>> No. 7691 edit
>>7690
Damnit, forgot to name my post.
>> No. 7692 edit
File 132935729276.png - (166.36KB , 340x366 , Erika_Explaining.png )
7692
>>7689
Piece-Battler explained that Ruon could not have left the mansion without Genji noticing, and it was confirmed in red that the person Kyrie saw (who she claimed was Ruon) was in fact Manon. Add this to Kinjo's observation of a black haired maid and the conclusion that Manon is disguised as Ruon seems clear.

>>7690
Actually, the point about Manon hearing the noise of the trap is interesting, isn't it? If she was responsible for said trap - and we would assume so if there is truly only one person behind everything - then one would think she wouldn't draw attention to it like that. Furthermore, the conversation she has on the phone about the ironing board also seems to suggest she doesn't know about the trap, though it's not conclusive.

I'm starting to wonder whether Ruon and Manon are switching places regularly or something...That would be interesting, wouldn't it? Battler did say that they look similar. And that way, Manon could have been the one in the boiler room, while Ruon could have been the one talking on the phone about the iron. But, Ruon is not an accomplice, so...hm.

I need to think this through a bit more.
>> No. 7693 edit
File 134047221238.png - (120.96KB , 352x480 , but_waraia3.png )
7693
>>7692 Well, the phonecall Manon has about the ironing board seems to hide a certain amount of interesting information.

It seems to imply that the ironing board in the Guest room either doesn't work or the person who called doesn't want Manon to use it.
Which make this person a likely candidat as the culprit.
And it seems to be a servant, since they are in charge of the mansion it would make the most sense.
>> No. 7694 edit
File 132908977539.png - (153.93KB , 340x366 , erika1.png )
7694
Thinking more about this, I'm starting to lean more towards Ruon culprit/Genji accomplice theory.

Firstly, Ozaki denied Ruon being an accomplice, but never denied Genji, despite that also being a part of Kinjo's theory. Perhaps because that part was right?

Second, Manon's phone call makes sense if she was talking to Genji. One of the other servants would be about the same rank as her, so they wouldn't be able to order her around, but Genji is the senior servant and it wouldn't be unusual for him to give instructions to the others.

Third, if Ruon and Genji are co-operating, then there's no need for Manon to be involved at all. That could have really been Ruon who showed up at the guesthouse. And that way, Ruon's scene in the boiler room makes more sense too, doesn't it?

I'm still a long way away from finding a motive or a way for Krauss and Natsuhi to die, though.
>> No. 7695 edit
File 132907233677.png - (154.01KB , 340x366 , erika2.png )
7695
>>7694
That was me, of course. Those silly goats really should stop posting my messages for me.
>> No. 7696 edit
File 134064860284.png - (120.16KB , 352x480 , but_niramua4.png )
7696
>>7694
Of course, since there's the possibility that Genji lied about seeing her, it can work.
But even if it could work for the 1st Twilight's howdunnit. The whydunnit feels pretty weak for me, especialy considering Genji's personnality.

For the phonecall, the person on the other end doesn't really seem to be giving orders, just information, so I think it is possible for another servant on the same level as Manon's to be calling.

There is one thing that really seems weird to me. Manon mentions that she went upstairs at 3:00 am because she heard a weird noise, which supposedly is the trap failing to work.
And at that time Kinjo saw the infamous "black-haired maid" going downstairs after having apparently with a drunk Eva.
The question is : If it was Manon then, why didn't she mention it ?

If that was because she was the culprit : Why even mention at all that she went upstairs ?
And what does the fact that she talked with Eva would have to be kept secret ?

And if it is really Ruon, wouldn't Manon have seen her then ?
>> No. 7697 edit
It's always interesting to see the theories people make.

Getting to see which parts were solved instantly, to the ones ever hidden in the shadows.

Hell, it's essentially feedback for the mysteries themselves.
>> No. 7698 edit
File 134073175743.png - (23.67KB , 216x123 , battlerbecreeping.png )
7698
>>7697 So we did find something ?
>> No. 7699 edit
File 132116397839.png - (21.49KB , 217x157 , ozaki_heh.png )
7699
>>7698
Maybe, maybe not.
>> No. 7700 edit
>>7698
I suggest you to continue mindstorming.
>> No. 7701 edit
File 132623354994.png - (26.45KB , 147x185 , diplomaticimmunity.png )
7701
>>7700
you mean "brainstorming"
>> No. 7702 edit
File 134074403086.jpg - (95.58KB , 800x600 , admin_image_suzumiya_haruhi_no_yuuutsu_-_ushiromiy.jpg )
7702
>>7700
Hmmm. anon-kun has a point, we haven't really touched upon the why of this game in any real depth yet.

going back to his hint to Kinjo, it's pretty obvious that the murders during Kinjo's stay are linked directly to George's death.

This, however, does not mean that they are revenge for his death. If they were, why kill Eva and Hideyoshi, his parents? What does anyone stand to gain as a result of their deaths?

Eva's confirmed to be nothing but a shell of her former self after George's murder, so unless I'm missing a hint at some terrible deed she's committed, I can't think of a motive for her.

Looking at Hideyoshi, however, it's a lot easier to think of a reason for his murder. He was actively pursuing the truth behind his son's death. This is the only reason I can think of for his murder.

Moving on to Krauss. One could argue that a sibling might want to kill him due to him being the family head, but what would that gain? He's already divided up the inheritance. No, there's no monetary reason behind his murder. However, he did divulge details about George's and Yasu's deaths to Kinjo.

Kyrie, Natsuhi, and Genji confuse me a little, but Rudolf's murder, or rather, Kinjo's attempted murder, is of particular interest to me. Had the trap worked initially, Kinjo would have been the first victim. In other words, he was the killer's first target.

Furthermore, Hideyoshi, Eva and Krauss were all killed shortly after talking to Kinjo about George's murder. My conclusion regarding the whydunnit should be obvious by now, but to back it up a little more, I'll use this section of anon-kun's hint

>Temptation is all that is left after the shadow is laid, so firmly placed that not even those closest to it can lift it. That is, until a snowflake falls, it brings tides of something well-known to the world. The wind blows, as the shadow begins to rip. Never will this happen; the container of the snow needs to be tampered. Searching the world reveals the trickery.

By my understanding, the 'shadow' is the mystery regarding George's death. For some reason, the culprit cannot be identified by those close to the incident. The 'snowflake', or at least I think, refers to Kinjo, the detective, well known to the family in both his name (Goldbar was a name recognized by both Krass and Hideyoshi, I believe) and his role (I doubt anyone has forgotten the antics of the last detective on the island.)

The next few lines are a bit harder. As a result of Kinjo's presence, the mystery is at risk of being shattered, hence the murders. I believe that the culprit is trying to prevent the truth of the event 3 years ago from coming to light, which makes sense considering the first few attacks.

So, if this is the why, then here's the million-dollar question. Who would want to hide the truth of that day? Obviously, the culprit, but that doesn't really get us anywhere. I feel like until we get further regarding George's murder, we might have a bit of trouble figuring out the why of this game.
>> No. 7703 edit
File 13407458694.jpg - (102.99KB , 600x650 , 1340642575295.jpg )
7703
>>7701
it was early ok
>> No. 7704 edit
>>7702
Feel free to continue arguing about it. It could take some time to Ozaki to finish the VN.
>> No. 7705 edit
File 132907233677.png - (154.01KB , 340x366 , Erika_Thoughtful.png )
7705
>>7704
Well, I'd love to, but I'm really completely stumped at this point.

If the culprit is one of the characters in the story, it's Ruon or Manon. But there's still no way for them to commit several of the murders, and no apparent motive either.

An unknown character being the culprit seems more likely, but there simply don't seem to be any hints for it. Everyone who's mentioned in the story that isn't on the island has been confirmed dead...except for Nanjo, but Anon said that was wrong anyway.

So, I'm really not sure where to go at this point. However I keep flipping the chessboard, I'm not finding any satisfying arrangement. Does anyone else have any ideas?
>> No. 7706 edit
File 131899132335.png - (13.95KB , 217x157 , kanonheh.png )
7706
>>7705
>But there's still no way
If you loophole enough, there's a way for every damn character to be the evil culprit. Remember the boat guy? His real name is Kyrie.
Alright, that was a terrible example, but I guess it works.
>> No. 7707 edit
File 132907233677.png - (154.01KB , 340x366 , Erika_Thoughtful.png )
7707
Battler looks confused. "Wait.. So you are saying everybody is saying that no one left besides Natsuhi, Rudolf, and Genji?" Each person nods their head in agreement.

The only loophole I can see is that every single person in there is lying...and I can't find any reason for that at all.

That, or someone somehow sneaked out and back in without anyone noticing, but there aren't any clues to that either, that I can see.
>> No. 7926 edit
File 13180445261.jpg - (49.70KB , 347x593 , 264826.jpg )
7926
So to my surprise it's almost been a month since I announced we were converting Repercussion into a visual novel.

I was on a 3 week vacation so there wasn't much time to work on it.

However I'd say that is rather long to go without an update:
I'm about halfway done editing the all the text, which happens to be the majority of the project. After that is done we just need to put all the pieces together(music, images, code, etc). Kinjo says that part shouldn't take very long at all.

So for the few people who followed the game, you can expect the VN version as well as the answer before the end of July.
>> No. 7929 edit
File 132907931714.png - (154.35KB , 340x366 , erika3.png )
7929
>>7926
Oh wow, that's much faster than I expected. How exciting, mi~
>> No. 7930 edit
File 133972027630.png - (118.29KB , 352x480 , but_waraia1.png )
7930
>>7926
Oh, that's a very good news ! Can't wait for it, shame we didn't find the sooner though, but I pretty much given up some weeks ago.
>> No. 8029 edit
File 131872485897.jpg - (626.03KB , 1101x1306 , 227053.jpg )
8029
So... I was a bit optimistic about making a duedate in the first place. I was never good at keeping them.

Due to other projects as well as conflicting time tables getting in our way we are going to have to manager our time more wisely. Thus we are not going to rush the novel and because of this we will not release Repercussion until a later date.

Since I guess you could say I'm going against my word, just for you guys who read and openly theorized with the /gameboard/ version (that being Squitcher, RIKA-Beatrice, and Ouro):

I'll respond to a single blue truth regarding one of the howdunits.

That being a total of three blues. One for each of you.
Mind you when I say 'howdunit' I mean anything that would pose the question 'how'. Anyway no time limit: I know now just how busy people can get.
>> No. 8031 edit
File 132953584945.png - (239.84KB , 522x460 , Erika_Scythe.png )
8031
>>8029
Oh my, interesting...!

Very well then: Someone left the parlor during the time that Battler, Krauss and Kinjo were headed for Krauss's study!!
>> No. 8036 edit
File 13180481259.jpg - (65.08KB , 600x800 , 302243.jpg )
8036
>>8031

From when Krauss, Battler and Kinjo left, to when they arrived at the study it was impossible to leave the room without being noticed.
Jessica, Rudolf, Kyrie, Ange, Rosa, Maria, Genji, Gohda, Ruon, Berune, and Manon all agreed to the statement: The only people who left while Krauss, Battler and Kinjo were gone was Natsuhi, Rudolf, and Genji.

>> No. 8058 edit
File 134369517219.jpg - (20.28KB , 400x300 , 331826-53663-spike-spiegel.jpg )
8058
>>8029
I see, I'm all waiting for it, I encourage you too to work well with this !


>>8036
Then it's my turn I do guess ? I wanted to confirm the existence of an outsider, but I had to sort this one out :
During the first night, on the first twilight, Manon disguised herself as Ruon.
>> No. 8059 edit
File 132236903059.jpg - (148.27KB , 600x847 , 383680.jpg )
8059
>>8058
For the entirety of the game Manon never disguised herself as Ruon.
>> No. 8063 edit
File 132908977539.png - (153.93KB , 340x366 , erika1.png )
8063
>>8036
Wait, wait, hold on. When you say that they all agreed to that statement, do you mean that they all voiced their agreement (which I already knew) or do you actually mean that they BELIEVED what they were saying?
>> No. 8065 edit
>>8063
Hmm? Isn't that the same thing?
>> No. 8067 edit
File 131942306727.jpg - (27.85KB , 225x350 , Shiki Anime Characters & Voice Actors - Toshio.jpg )
8067
>>8063
Yeah, it's just what they agree on.
>> No. 8074 edit
File 13290815929.png - (154.25KB , 340x366 , Erika_CondescendingSmile.png )
8074
>>8067
So it is possible for them to all be lying about it?

In other words, nobody left the room without being noticed, but someone was noticed and convinced everyone to lie and claim that they never left.
>> No. 8096 edit
File 13180445261.jpg - (49.70KB , 347x593 , 264826.jpg )
8096
I saw that as one of the theories a while back, and although I said you each only get one blue which would normally corresponding to one red I'll make an exception here. It would have been a decent trick to use in retrospect.

At least eight of the people who agree with that statement truly believe it as the truth.
>> No. 8121 edit
File 132908333949.png - (154.22KB , 340x366 , Erika_Amused.png )
8121
>>8096
I see, thank you.

I wouldn't normally press for more red than I've been offered, but I had expected that you would either confirm or deny my blue, while there was some room for doubt there.

There technically still is, but I'm satisfied with this much.
>> No. 8238 edit
File 132907931714.png - (154.35KB , 340x366 , erika3.png )
8238
So, how is progress on this, mi~?

I'm not trying to rush you or anything, I'm just curious as to where things are up to. After all, I am really excited to learn the answer, nipa~
>> No. 8243 edit
>>8238
That's fine, its been awhile since I updated.

Progress on Repercussion has been rather good. We have been brainstorming on the different interactive parts that will be added. I won't go into detail, however I'm sure you will be please with the finished product.

Speaking of which, since you three spent some time in this thread I was thinking of release it similar to how Kinjo did for his games. Not to the extent of a red and blue battle, but after the main game is done I'd post it here and you guys can read it and give a final theory. Then afterward I can make the offical release.
Does that sound like something you would be interested in?
>> No. 8244 edit
>>8243
Have been brainstorming*
>> No. 8245 edit
File 134746348350.gif - (440.25KB , 500x268 , tumblr_m5c9myKt4L1qdzd38o1_r1_500.gif )
8245
>>8243
Interested ? Damn right I am !
I can't let the opportunity to fight disappear like that.
>> No. 8246 edit
File 132969770057.png - (187.27KB , 390x364 , Erika_Pose.png )
8246
>>8243
That sounds <very good> to me~
>> No. 8247 edit
File 134748322063.png - (68.96KB , 500x216 , tumblr_m2j812kpSH1r2y58to1_500.png )
8247
Okay, so I'm trying to look through all the reds of this game, and, well, I'm stumped. What we've got so far is that Ruon and Manon were both in the guesthouse at the time of, or at least just before, Eva's murder. Genji lied about not seeing Ruon on the path the night of Eva's murder. And then we have that mess of red truth to do with who was in the parlor when Krauss died, and whether or not anyone left.

So yeah, Squitcher, Rika, unless you have anything else to go on, I'm probably going to use this to confirm that Ruon or Berune were involved in the murders. If you've got any last ideas, throw them now. Otherwise, I can use this as something to base our last theory off.
>> No. 8248 edit
File 132908077596.png - (158.50KB , 340x366 , Erika_HandOnHeart.png )
8248
>>8247
Some kind of conspiracy involving the servants does seem likely at this point...Well, we know that at least one of them was involved in the ironing board trap, knowingly or not.

I'm not sure whether it would be better to get confirmation on whether certain characters were involved, or on whether someone existed on the island that Kinjo was unaware of.

Either way, we'll at least get some new information to work with, so go with whatever you think is best.
>> No. 8249 edit
File 134752397975.png - (21.86KB , 824x493 , fancy.png )
8249
>>8247
>>8248
Sorry to break the fun, but there's one fundamental rule.
Blue must deny the witches. Or in this case it must be specific enough to be called a theory.
>> No. 8250 edit
File 132907233677.png - (154.01KB , 340x366 , erika2.png )
8250
>>8249
Well, that's easy enough, isn't it?

We can just phrase it as "There was someone on the island who Kinjo wasn't aware of, and this is how Krauss and Natsuhi were murdered even though all the survivors had alibis", or "Ruon is not an accomplice, but she is a culprit and was therefore able to commit the murders", or something like that.
>> No. 8251 edit
File 134753144998.jpg - (44.26KB , 500x500 , tumblr_lvyz8yTv7x1qdiw9jo1_500.jpg )
8251
From when Krauss, Battler and Kinjo left, to when they arrived at the study it was impossible to leave the room without being noticed.
Jessica, Rudolf, Kyrie, Ange, Rosa, Maria, Genji, Gohda, Ruon, Berune, and Manon all agreed to the statement: The only people who left while Krauss, Battler and Kinjo were gone was Natsuhi, Rudolf, and Genji.


At least eight of the people who agree with that statement truly believe it as the truth.


I'm sorry, but this here still confuses me a little. Does this mean that if, say, the three servants didn't believe what they agreed to, it would be possible for one of them to leave? The red about being noticed doesn't specify if the person leaving would be seen by everyone, or just one person. If it turns out to be the latter case, then would it be possible for Ruon to leave, Manon to see her leave, then lie about it?
>> No. 8252 edit
File 13247569421.jpg - (24.80KB , 622x357 , dr_ozaki worried.jpg )
8252
>>8249
anon-kun also forgot for these blues I gave for breaking my promise about the due date you can only make the blues about the howdunits.

>>8251
Well I'll try to explain. This isn't a game of revenge anymore after all.
For the most part yes.
If someone left the room during that time, everyone in the room would have noticed them.
Put that together with that third red, means that the majority of the people in the room truly believe that only Natsuhi, Rudolf, and Genji left the room while Kinjo's group was out to be true, however that leaves the possibility that another few don't. So yes someone could have lied.

That still remains the question, how?
>> No. 8254 edit
File 133477432988.jpg - (20.62KB , 500x283 , um04_2009-07-23-17h17m32s0-500x283.jpg )
8254
The map of the first floor shows that the 'the parlor' consists of three rooms. None of them bar the main one have any exits, nor any signs of any hidden passages. But I guess it doesn't need to be that complex. Either of them could have a window.

After Kinjo, Rudolf and Krauss left the study, someone entered one of the two smaller sections of the parlor, and left via a window. They were seen leaving by someone else, and that person then lied when agreeing to the statement about who left the room.

I'd have loved to throw some names in there, but Ozaki said these had to just specify the howdunnits, and not the who.
>> No. 8255 edit
File 134057748655.jpg - (73.18KB , 450x550 , cc619b2fbbc725aae7ffc2b78d73cbd4db316e0f.jpg )
8255
>>8254
Replace study in my blue with parlor. It's late, and I spent way too much time trying to work that out.
>> No. 8256 edit
File 134073175743.png - (23.67KB , 216x123 , battlerbecreeping.png )
8256
>>8254
And Rudolf with Battler too I guess ?
>> No. 8262 edit
File 13475782898.png - (257.31KB , 274x611 , fullbodydr.png )
8262
>>8254
Correct.
After Kinjo, Battler and Krauss left the parlor, someone entered one of the two smaller sections of the parlor, and left via a window.
I won't respond to the rest.
For the record the two other rooms are a Bathroom and a Closet.
>> No. 8263 edit
File 134757834198.jpg - (309.92KB , 1140x908 , 348461.jpg )
8263
Well then, this works rather well. A good amount of questions left for the visual novel version.

I probably will forget to update in this thread. If there is any updates at all before the release then they'll most likely be posted the main web page. Link in the subject bar.
>> No. 8264 edit
File 134757851974.png - (432.71KB , 633x1150 , Nat_a11_default_1.png )
8264
Whew. Thanks for the endless stream of chances and hints, Ozaki, it's been fun. Guess I'll see you again when the game's done and we get that final stab at the truth. I kinda want to be wrong though, we've been sitting on this Ruon culprit theory for so long it's gotten kinda boring...

Also, I hand over all making of blue truths to Rika and Squitcher. I think I've proved my incompetence enough.
>> No. 8266 edit
File 131804537699.jpg - (165.07KB , 475x587 , 1311048875412.jpg )
8266
>>8264
>incompetence
I think you are being hard on yourself.

Besides that was the last blue before the final version so... see you then.
>> No. 8267 edit
File 132944758677.png - (174.50KB , 390x364 , erika4.png )
8267
>>8262
Aah, so that was it!? I didn't even think about the parlor having multiple sections...I had the layout of the original mansion in my head, so I never even thought of consulting the maps... <Good job>, Ouro!

This is really helpful, since we now know the method of murder for all cases. That means that we can stop trying to throw in an extra person and concentrate on the motives for the existing suspects.
>> No. 8268 edit
File 13476367471.jpg - (89.30KB , 1024x768 , Spike_Spiegel_5.jpg )
8268
>>8264
Well done Ouro, well done, that's something I didn't even think about, checking the maps for info in a gameboard seems so alien that it's actually a pretty solid mystery. I guess.

>>8266
Good luck with that !
>> No. 8875 edit
File 133386297629.png - (98.68KB , 281x424 , Alch_Kinjo_Defc2.png )
8875
Bumping this thread to remind everyone that Repercussion's VN is almost done, and we should have it ready for you guys to play by next week.

Of course it won't include the answer, so be prepared to craft some more theories! You'll have to unravel it yourself!
>> No. 8878 edit
File 135484380059.png - (188.37KB , 300x450 , 271105-df_large.png )
8878
>>8875
I would like to add that I shall be taking your final theories individually and by email once the main game is posted. Then once they are all in, or after the allotted time passes I will post those theories and then the full game complete with answer section.

Best not to pollute ones own theory regardless of being right or wrong etc.g etc.
>> No. 8879 edit
File 132907931714.png - (154.35KB , 340x366 , erika3.png )
8879
>>8875
>>8878
That's excellent news, I can't wait!

It will be great to have some more information to work with. I don't know if I'll reach the answer, but I'll definitely do my best. But I'm more excited to see the whole story in proper VN format than anything. Thanks to both of you for all the work you've put into this, nipa~
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason