[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 135087633315.jpg - (15.28KB , 163x200 , hideyoshi-pict.jpg )
8774 No. 8774 edit
Thread #2
http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/8457.html

Surprisingly, Hideyoshi seems to be the one to step up and be leader. Forgoing his normally cheerful demeanor, he held a much more serious attitude.

"Well, I believe it is best if we lock ourselves up in the parlor. Any are welcome to come inside with us, even you guests. However, we will be keeping quite a close eye on you as you still seem to be outsiders who are highly suspicious. We just need to survive until the storm ends tomorrow. If we can make it until then, we'll all be fine. The loss of my dear wife is regrettable, but I will have time to weep once my son and I are safe. I finally had a spark of success in my business, it'd be a damned shame to lose that now."

You need to decide whether or not to lock yourselves up with the NPCs. You need not be unanimous, as you can split up. If you decide to go to the chapel, you will be given directions but will not be allowed back into the parlor.
Expand all images
>> No. 8781 edit
File 132935668373.png - (153.62KB , 340x366 , Erika_EyesClosed.png )
8781
>>8774
"Fair enough, then. I suppose that keeping safe should be prioritised over further investigation. I'll come with the rest of you."
>> No. 8802 edit
File 135096934737.png - (76.81KB , 255x285 , ReisenSWR.png )
8802
>>8781
I nod in agreement.

"It's possible that the chapel has something to do with the epitaph, but I think it would be too dangerous to move around in a small group. What happened to <Mister> Tomitake and <Mister> Genji shows that the culprit is waiting for us to isolate ourselves. Even all three of us together might not be safe."
>> No. 8803 edit
You all move to the parlor and lock the doors and windows, and close all of the curtains. The NPC's are all still very much so in shock. It's now gotten to evening, and nobody has eaten anything all day. The stress appears to be getting to all of them.
>> No. 8804 edit
File 132907233677.png - (154.01KB , 340x366 , Erika_Thoughtful.png )
8804
I look around the room, counting the people to make sure nobody has gone missing without us noticing again.

Then I'll question everyone regarding their thoughts on the culprit's identity and motive, as well as whether they have any idea what might have happened to Genji.

>> No. 8811 edit
>>8804
Nobody is missing.

There is some thought as to whether or not some mystery person may have made it onto the island. There is also a few people who think perhaps Genji is behind everything. There may even be more than one culprit, as some are led to believe.
>> No. 8815 edit
File 132908333949.png - (154.22KB , 340x366 , erika5.png )
8815
>>8811
"I see."

I'll ask them whether they have any thoughts on how the closed rooms could have been constructed, and then I'll wait until something happens.
>> No. 9180 edit
So, what's up ? Is this dead ?
>> No. 9636 edit
I do intend to finish this, I'm sorry that I cannot give an exact date as to when it will start again.
>> No. 9637 edit
>>9636
Alright. Do what you must, I'll be waiting ~
>> No. 9789 edit
File 135948728727.png - (84.70KB , 469x478 , hid_komarua2.png )
9789
>>8815
None of them really respond, most of them are either too emotional or too concerned about just surviving.

You sit around for what feels like a thousand weeks on end. Silence and tension pervades the room. Hideyoshi, who looks deep in thought suddenly shoots his head up, causing everyone to notice immediately. The looks in his eyes carries a unwavering resolve. He clears his voice and begins to speak.

"I've gone through this in my head over and over, and it seems like the greatest likelihood is that the culprit is among the servants. Sure we may be safe in a wolf and sheep puzzle assuming we have more sheep than wolves, but that requires we remain vigilant. It is so much easier and so much safer for me and my son to simply kick all of the servants out of the room. Ergo, leave. I'm sure among you servants the culprit lies."

"Father, what are you saying? Why would any of them want us dead?"

"The motive does not matter at this point, they want us dead and I must prevent that. The master keys make it all too easy for the rooms to have been set up. It would be far too much trouble for a person without a set of master keys to be able to move about in the mansion."

"You intend to kick them all out? Even Genji-san died! The culprit must surely still be out there. We're all safe in here! We'd be sending them to the wolves."

"That's what they'd want us to believe! They are intending to kill us when we let our guard down! If they're gone then I can known for sure that we'll be safe!"

"Then what about all these damned guests?! They're just as if-not-more suspicious than the servants!"

"I've been watching them, they've lacked opportunity in many of these cases. Besides, one of their own perished as well. I'll deal with them after the servants are-"

A voice, neither George's nor Hideyoshi's, cuts through. "Very well." It is Shannon, who has a look of bravery in the face of terror. "If that is how it has to be, then we will all leave."

"Sayo... no please. You can't. It's too dangerous."

"George-sama, it's alright. Hideyoshi-sama demands that we leave. We, who are servants, must obey the orders of our masters."

"You're not furniture! You don't have to listen!"

"I never said we were, just that this is for the best. There is no better way to clear our name"

"But then...... very well, but I'm going with you."

Hideyoshi, aghast at this statement quickly shouts "George! Don't leave this room! I'm kicking them out for the sake of your safety!"

"I have to father. You can be a hero and save everyone else, but I love Sayo. I have to protect her! If this is the way it has to be, then so be it!"

"How dare-"

But George doesn't stay around to listen any longer. He grabs Shannon by the hand and the two of them rush out of the room together. No one else even has time to react.

A loud noise suddenly reverberates in the room. A bang, which echoes to the horror of all of those who hear it. A scream follows, one which you can clearly tell is female.
>> No. 9830 edit
File 135954633563.jpg - (12.32KB , 400x300 , 10734-331288_44531_spike_spiegel_super_super.jpg )
9830
"Goddamnit, get a freaking clue you people !"

I rush out of the room and inquire what the hell is going on
>> No. 9832 edit
File 135956740992.png - (91.77KB , 469x478 , hid_nakua4.png )
9832
>>9830
Not two steps outside the room you find your fears are realized. A grizzle sight indeed, George lies on the floor, hemorrhaging profusely from a wound on his chest. Shannon stands there completely frozen between fear and woe.

Hideyoshi and Nanjo are next to make it outside. The rest of the group appear to be crowded around the doorway, trying to get a good look.

Dr. Nanjo immediately gets to work on a preliminary autopsy, the results of which identify the cause of death as loss of blood from a gunshot piercing the aorta.

Hideyoshi, by now, is in tears and mild hysteria. "You killed him, didn't you?! I knew the servant couldn't be trusted! And now look at what's happened! You're a seductress, an evil siren who has stolen from me not only my wife but now my son!"
>> No. 9833 edit
File 135221011145.png - (0.99MB , 1475x1188 , Erika_DisinterestedScythe3.png )
9833
>>9832
"Don't be ridiculous, Hideyoshi-san. If you would simply calm down and look at things rationally, you'd see that what you are saying doesn't make any sense. Master keys would have been no help whatsoever for Kinzo's study or the boiler room, and all of us had alibis for the last few murders.

If you're going to present a theory, you should at least have some kind of rational evidence. One could say that this murder is entirely your fault, as these two wouldn't have left the room if you hadn't been making these baseless accusations."

I look around to see if there is a gun anywhere, and also examine George's corpse.
>> No. 9834 edit
File 135956992253.png - (90.75KB , 469x478 , hid_nakua2.png )
9834
>>9833
Aside from George in a pool of his own blood, the hallway is empty.

George's corpse has a single wound from a gunshot. Nothing else seems out of order.

Hideyoshi does not exactly take well to your comment. "There's nobody else here in the hallway! George died as soon as he stepped out here with her! She's obviously the culprit! No amount of reasoning will deny that. Opportunity is denied to anyone else!"
>> No. 9836 edit
File 13595709681.png - (1.00MB , 1200x1333 , Erika_HappyScythe.png )
9836
>>9834
"Denied to anyone else? What about Genji-san, whose location is unknown? Not to mention the fact that several murders have occurred up until now which can only be explained by an culprit outside our group!

Besides, if Shannon is the culprit, then what weapon did she use exactly? I don't see any gun around here, do you? Well, you can feel free to search her if you like, but I highly doubt you're going to find anything. How would she have concealed a gun from us for all this time anyway?"
>> No. 9837 edit
File 135957148119.jpg - (38.04KB , 639x479 , 17.jpg )
9837
>>9836
"A search and an interrogation? Very well. Natsuhi? Kyrie? Can one of you please take her into the room and search her? Make sure to be very thorough."

They nod in agreement and go to walk back into the room. As Kyrie leads the way in, she stops the others and points over to an end table. Following the direction of her finger, you see a letter sitting on the table.
>> No. 9838 edit
File 135957227971.png - (925.99KB , 1109x1037 , Erika_EvilPoint.png )
9838
>>9837
I quickly grab the envelope, open it and read the letter.
>> No. 9842 edit
The letter reads as follows:

"I am disappointed in you all. You still have not yet solved the riddle of the epitaph. Until you do so, the deaths will continue until none of you remain. Surely you don't want that to happen, right? You should all be more than smart enough to solve it. You wouldn't want to lose to some dead man's riddle would you?
>> No. 9846 edit
File 135705681433.png - (865.62KB , 968x1041 , Erika_ThoughtfulPose.png )
9846
>>9842
I show everyone the letter.

"This is interesting, isn't it? It's like, even though the culprit is committing these murders according to the epitaph, they are challenging us to find another meaning that can overthrow the interpretation they are following.

Krauss-san, Natsuhi-san, Hideyoshi-san, Kyrie-san...you were all discussing the epitaph last night, weren't you? Did you make any progress? Working on this seems like a reasonable way to pass the time if we're going to be stuck in here anyway."
>> No. 9848 edit
File 133076033588.png - (94.01KB , 285x470 , kir_majimea1.png )
9848
>>9846
"First of all, let me say that I know for certainty that that letter was not in the room before George and Shannon left. That means that there is probably an accomplice among our group who is working with the culprit. Unfortunately, there appears to be no way to prove who that accomplice is, only that the first few to leave the room after the gunshot sound did not place the letter.

As for the contents of the letter, didn't grandfather say last night that the solving of the epitaph would decide who would be the next head of the family? If these murders are the method to solving the epitaph, doesn't that pose two problems?

1) There aren't enough people for victims for multiple attempts to solve the epitaph
2) Kinzo is among the deceased. From what he said last night, it appears he had no intention or expectation of dying.

Those points aside, we concluded last night that there are quite a few oddities in the epitaph. It constantly appears to make reference to forges. For instance, 'steel is my body and fire is my blood' or, say, 'I have created over a thousand blades.' The troublesome arguments start coming when we reach 'unknown to death, nor known to life" where it seems that it may fit in with these murders. Lastly, 'so as I pray' leads us to believe there may even be a religious implication.

What are all of your thoughts regarding the epitaph?"
>> No. 9850 edit
File 135958121327.png - (794.40KB , 968x1041 , Erika_ConfidentSmile2.png )
9850
>>9848
"Oh, I agree. However, it seems that we can eliminate the possibility that the culprit believed the solution to the epitaph to be something along those lines, since this letter clearly acknowledges that the solution is something that we can find for ourselves.

In that case, even the culprit themselves doesn't believe that the epitaph was meant as an invitation to murder. The question then becomes: if they are aware of this, then why are they committing these murders in accordance with the epitaph? Do they hope to threaten us into solving the epitaph for them? Then why kill Kinzo, the one who knew the answer? Perhaps there are multiple schemes going on here.

But personally, I have no idea how to try solving the epitaph as a traditional riddle. We don't even know what form the solution would take. Well, we can probably assume that it points to some location or hidden device. If the answer was just a word or phrase or something, then there would be no way for the culprit to know if we solved it.

With that in mind, it would seem like each of the lines might refer to a location where we could find a clue. "Steel is my body and fire is my blood" certainly seems to point to the boiler room, and it seems that the culprit used this interpretation as well. But I don't remember seeing anything suspicious there.

Considering what you just pointed out about the "So as I pray" line, it would seem that Squitcher-san's idea about the chapel might be worth checking out after all...But, perhaps it isn't worth the risk of leaving this room. What do you think, everyone?"
>> No. 9851 edit
File 131320214395.png - (83.45KB , 469x477 , hid_komarua1.png )
9851
>>9850
None of the NPC's seem to know exactly what to do. The fact that there is likely an accomplice is a rather frightening fact, but they still think staying together may be safer.

Then, Hideyoshi speaks again. "Right, if you can solve the epitaph then the culprit will leave us alone? If you guests want to leave then we can make sure no one leaves after you. That way, at the very least, if the accomplice is among us, then we can assure they won't be able to interfere with you. Even then, I doubt they would make efforts to stop you from solving the epitaph, assuming that that is what they want you to do anyways.
>> No. 9940 edit
File 13427330351.jpg - (6.02KB , 275x183 , afefa.jpg )
9940
>>9851
"It seems there's no point discussing any further. But, before we go, Natsuhi-san, Kyrie-san, could you take care of searching lil' Shannon like we planned to do ? Maybe it will ease the paranoia of some people around here. Oh, and Shannon, I'd like to ask you before, we still haven't heard your side of the story here ? What happened ? "

I approach Erika and whispers to her

"Could you check this area out, like for anything remotely looking like a trap ? It's an hypothesis worth checking out, and I'm trusting your senses"
>> No. 9941 edit
File 13123395766.png - (104.22KB , 356x480 , sha_komarua1.png )
9941
>>9940
The search does not find any gun in Shannon's possession.

"I'm not quite sure exactly what happened. George-sama and I were running around the corner and he suddenly stopped immediately following the gunshot sound. By the time I realized what had happened, I looked up to try to see the killer. I only caught a glimpse of white. It must have been him, the man in the portrait above the epitaph."
>> No. 9944 edit
File 134309294591.jpg - (35.07KB , 640x480 , 362spikesmile.jpg )
9944
>>9941
"Huh. You mean white hair uh ? It couldn't be...
Well, whatever, we'll see about that later."

I inspect the hallway and the doorway. Does anything sticks out ?
>> No. 9945 edit
>>9944
The doors are all shut and nothing is out-of-place.
>> No. 9948 edit
File 135322925326.png - (775.35KB , 968x1041 , Erika_Wary.png )
9948
>>9940
I thoroughly inspect the hallway where George was found, looking for hidden devices or traps.
>> No. 9949 edit
>>9948
There are no hidden devices or traps in the area.
>> No. 9950 edit
File 132908977539.png - (153.93KB , 340x366 , erika1.png )
9950
>>9949
"Well then...Squitcher-san, what do you think about Hideyoshi-san's proposal? I know you went and got the key to the chapel, and personally the idea of just staying holed up in here for hours on end doesn't seem particularly appealing to me. Do you think that we should go and check it out?"
>> No. 9956 edit
File 13431670544.jpg - (45.73KB , 627x352 , 627.jpg )
9956
>>9950
"I've thought of going there since I've heard about it, so, of course I'm willing to go. Though, first, I've got two things to do."

I inspect George's clothes and body to see if he possess anything of interest

"Just to make sure. And secondly, I don't think it'd be safe to just let everyone in any room like that with the killer around."

I address the group.

"So, for your own safety, I recommend locking yourselves up in the old man's study, seems like it's the safest room here, and if the killer is an outsider and alone, he shouldn't be able to reach such a room without the key, but I guess the previous murder disproves this somewhat, but whatever, it's still the safest place. Right ?
Me and little miss blue will lead you to the room and lock you there, and we'll hold on to the keys."

I face Erika and take out the study's key.

"Hey kiddo, you've still got the key right ?"
>> No. 9957 edit
>>9955
Nothing of interest is found on George.

The NPC's nod in agreement and agree to lock themselves up in the 3rd floor study.
>> No. 9959 edit
File 134392948097.jpg - (89.47KB , 480x272 , 1200105799.jpg )
9959
>>9957
I lead the way to the study with Erika.
Once inside, I check the room to see if anything changed, the corpse, the windows, the window latches.
Also, I check to see if the ground below the window to see if the muddy water's still there.

>> No. 9960 edit
>>9959
Everything is unchanged. Rudolf's corpse is still in the same place.
>> No. 9967 edit
File 132969770057.png - (187.27KB , 390x364 , Erika_Pose.png )
9967
>>9960
I'll check to make sure I still have the other study key, as well as Genji's master key, just in case.

"To the chapel, then?"
>> No. 9968 edit
>>9967
They are in your possession
>> No. 10061 edit
Shall we move this along and move you right to the chapel?

You get an umbrella or two and make your way through the forest. The directions you were given were spot on and you no find yourself in front of the chapel door. It's locked, but you have the key in your possession and use it to enter.
____________________________________________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
Some solemn background music just to set the mood.

The inside of the chapel is arranged like a Catholic Church. The pews are placed in rows with two separate columns, creating a pathway between them. Down the path, at the end of the Church, you see the chancel (a stage of sorts where the rites are performed). On the stage you see the altar (a table), the tabernacle (a golden container that is nailed to the floor), and several unlit candles. Against the wall there is a rather large cross. It is a simple design cross (just the shape itself, it lacks any image of Christ on it) made of what appears to be some sort of metallic material.

The building itself is rather clean, not a spot of dust to be found. Perhaps the master was sure to have this building cleaned regularly.
>> No. 10062 edit
File 134308384578.jpg - (9.63KB , 480x360 , 0.jpg )
10062
Just please confirm that we properly locked the study before leaving

>>10061
"Hmf, rich people's tastes"

I inspect the altar, the inside of the tabernacle and the cross. Anything sticks out ?

And then I'll do a general inspection of the whole place.
Oh, and how many windows are there ? How many exits ? And are they entirely intact ?

>> No. 10065 edit
>>10062
Yes, of course. You were sure to check that the windows and door were properly locked on the 3rd floor study.

Everything in the chapel is intact. The entrances and exits comprise of several windows in the back, a few windows on each side (the windows on the side are stained glass), and the main door from which you entered.

The cross seems to stand out the most, as there is a line running down the wall on each side of it. Upon closer inspection it looks like the piece of the wall to which the cross is mounted is not entirely stationary. Perhaps it can spin to reveal a hidden doorway or maybe something on the wall behind the cross...
>> No. 10069 edit
>>10065
I fiddle with the wall on which the cross is mounted, trying to push it on an end, pulling it, etc... To make it spin
>> No. 10172 edit
>>10069
The wall spins around to reveal a crucifix (a cross that has the image of Christ on it). The corpus is that of a statue on the cross. Metallic nails protrude from the wrists and feet.

The tabernacle is empty.
>> No. 10177 edit
>>10172
I inspect the corpus, fiddling with the nails
>> No. 10179 edit
>>10177
Upon closer examination you find the steel nails are in fact removable.
>> No. 10203 edit
>>10179
I proceed to remove them and I'll hold on to them for now. Anything else ?
>> No. 10220 edit
>>10203
The nails slide out and you pocket them. You hear something mechanical release, but you fail to see any change in the surroundings. You don't notice anything else regarding the crucifix.
>> No. 10224 edit
>>10220
"Eh ? What was that ?"
I do another inspection of the chapel for good measure, if nothing of interest is found, then I'll inspect the building's surroundings.
>> No. 10225 edit
>>10224
Nothing appears to have changed in the chapel.
Upon your second search you take note of a few things you initially missed. The row of pews are labeled by 10's rather then 1's and there is an odd metal plate built into the altar.
>> No. 10236 edit
How many rows is there in total then ?
Also I'll try to see if I can push/remove the metal plate, or if there's anything on it of interest.

>> No. 10237 edit
>>10236
There are ten rows on each side. Labeled from 10 to 100.

The circular indented plate built into the altar doesn't seem to react by pushing it.
>> No. 10238 edit
File 132908977539.png - (153.93KB , 340x366 , erika1.png )
10238
>>10237
I snap out of my inexplicable trance and review everything that's just happened in my head.

"So, pulling the nails out of the cross triggered something? Perhaps the line on the epitaph, 'Unknown to death nor known to life', was meant to point to that cross? I wonder if there are other things in this place that correspond to different lines?

I feel like "I have created over a thousand blades" could have something to do with the numbering of those rows of pews, but...no matter how you look at it, there's no way those can add up to 1000, right?"

I'll leave the chapel and thoroughly inspect the surroudings.
>> No. 10239 edit
>>10238
You find nothing of interest outside of the chapel.
>> No. 10240 edit
>>10239
And no, nothing written on the plate.
>> No. 10242 edit
File 132907233677.png - (154.01KB , 340x366 , erika2.png )
10242
>>10239
I inspect the chancel. Anything of interest?
>> No. 10243 edit
>>10242
Besides the altar all you find noteworthy is the unlit candles scattered around.
>> No. 10245 edit
File 132935668373.png - (153.62KB , 340x366 , Erika_EyesClosed.png )
10245
>>10243
I inspect the candles more closely.
>> No. 10247 edit
>>10245
All the candles are somewhat unused. They are placed on top of a candle stick with a circular base. The metal on the bottom of the candle stick seems to be different then the rest. Near the candles are some matches.
>> No. 10248 edit
File 135210191648.png - (836.16KB , 1109x1037 , Erika_ConfidentSmileBow.png )
10248
>>10247
I'll try to use one of the matches to light the candles.
>> No. 10249 edit
>>10248
You successfully light the candle.
>> No. 10250 edit
File 135705681433.png - (865.62KB , 968x1041 , Erika_ThoughtfulPose.png )
10250
>>10249
"Hm, I was sure that would do something...These matches have to have been here for a reason, right?"

I do another search of the chapel to check whether anything has changed.
>> No. 10251 edit
>>10250
Nothing appears to have changed. You take note that for each row of the pews there are ten seats and there is a book for each seat.
>> No. 10252 edit
File 136043018274.png - (0.97MB , 1109x1037 , Erika_DisinterestedPose2.png )
10252
>>10251
I take a closer look at the books.
>> No. 10253 edit
>>10252
You pull out one of the books and take a look. It seems to be a classic bible. In fact all of them are the same book. You fail to find anything of importance in the book you grabbed.
>> No. 10254 edit
File 135290040927.png - (797.12KB , 968x1041 , Erika_Thoughtful2.png )
10254
>>10253
"Hm. I wonder if we're meant to take out some of the books according to some pattern. It probably has something to do with the way the pews are numbered..."

I'll look at the pews in more detail. (When you said "there are ten rows on each side", did you mean ten rows of ten on each side, or ten rows of five on each side making ten rows of ten in total? And are the 10-100 labels on both sides, or only on one? Which one? How exactly are the books 'assigned' to each seat; are they inserted into the backs of the seats? The fronts?)
>> No. 10255 edit
File 136046277927.png - (12.64KB , 800x600 , diagramshowmanship.png )
10255
>>10254
There are ten rows of ten on each side. The 10-100 labels are on both sides mirroring one another. The books are found in the back of the seats in front of them. Excluding the front seats which are underneath. There are ten cushions/seats for each row and a book in front of each one.
>> No. 10257 edit
File 134963898846.jpg - (181.38KB , 607x737 , c8c0ff98dd776bfb3228229d892747b739acd32c.jpg )
10257
>>10255
"Eh, then if we add all the numbers on the pew it gives us 1140, that's over thousand, isn't it ? Though I have no idea what do to of it.
And also, by simple mathematics, there's 200 Bibles in total, and as much seats. Damn, that sure is a lot of books for such a small chapel on a private island, was Kinzo really expecting so many people here ?"
>> No. 10258 edit
File 136050209885.png - (28.46KB , 800x600 , The_Worst_Diagram_Ever.png )
10258
>>10257
"I highly doubt he was expecting anyone to actually use this place for its conventional purpose...I wouldn't be surprised if the whole layout of this chapel only exists for the sake of the riddle.

I think your counting is off a little, though, Squitcher-san? That should be 1100, not 1140.

Also, considering the way the pews are numbered, it would seem that each seat on each side represents a number from 1 to 100, like so. I'm not sure how exactly where we're meant to go from there, though...Maybe there's still a hint we haven't found yet."
>> No. 10259 edit
>>10258
>>10257
I don't want to give hints but you may be over-thinking things here.
>> No. 10297 edit
Did you try searching each book?
>> No. 10298 edit
File 136069551119.jpg - (21.46KB , 800x600 , KanshoBakuya.jpg )
10298
>>10297
Normally I would be against it. However the players seem to be stumped so I don't mind.

Upon searching every single book the detectives come to the 10th book in the 100th row on the right side. The book had been hollowed out and they discover a white sword hidden inside.
Although calling it a sword may be exaggerated. This like a replica and would be better described as a dagger from its stature.

The other detectives who searched the left side of the pews then came across another dagger, this one being black. The daggers fit each other so well one could say they were originally whole.

Sadly, to the detective's dismay, discovering these blades does not activate anything or change the scenery in anyway shape or form.
>> No. 10299 edit
Sorry I didn't know. I will wait until then.
>> No. 10300 edit
File 132908977539.png - (153.93KB , 340x366 , erika1.png )
10300
>>10298
I'll listen to the strange voice in my head and try putting the swords in the hands of the corpus.
>> No. 10301 edit
File 13606985197.png - (487.50KB , 640x480 , cha_i1a.png )
10301
>>10300
You attempt to place the swords in the hands of the corpus but to no avail. When you inspect the hands closely you notice the holes the nails were once in appear to be more like a slit than a hole and you slide the blades in.

After stabbing the hands you hear a solid click from inside the tabernacle. You inspect it again and discover there was a false bottom that has now popped open. Inside there appears to be slots that look perfect for the nails you originally removed from the corpus...

Squitcher takes the nails and inserts them into the holes. Upon doing so you you hear a loud mechanical click from under the floor. The sound of rock grinding against rock is heard and it is unmistakable that something occurred, however you still cannot visibly see any changes to the chapel.

Your instincts tell you there is only one more piece to this puzzle.
>> No. 10304 edit
File 136076381187.png - (0.97MB , 1109x1037 , Erika_ConfidentSmilePose2.png )
10304
>>10301
"I have created a thousand blades" = Look in the 10th seats of the rows marked 100 (100x10=1000) to find blades.

"Unknown to death, nor known to life." = There is a hidden wall with a corpus behind the cross.

"Have withstood pain to create many weapons." = Stab the hands of the corpus with the blades, causing pain.

"Yet those hands will never hold anything." = Remove the nails from the hands, insert them into the slot revealed by the previous line.

Therefore, only the last lines remain.
"So as I pray,
Unlimited Blade Works."

The last line probably doesn't mean anything; I think that "So as I pray" is what's important.

In other words...the altar."

I push the metal plate built into the altar.
>> No. 10305 edit
File 134672649921.jpg - (8.50KB , 150x150 , 230px-Spike_Spiegel_as_drawn_by_the_creators2-e128.jpg )
10305
>>10304
"Well, I was gonna do that anyway, but I hadn't caught up on the relation to the epitaph. Good job there."
>> No. 10306 edit
>>10304
It depresses but nothing else seems to happen. Upon letting go, it returns to its original position. Surely there must be something else to this part.
>> No. 10307 edit
File 135927886235.png - (798.42KB , 968x1041 , Erika_Smile2.png )
10307
>>10306
I'll examine the tabernacle more closely. Is there any obvious place either inside it or nearby that the candles I lit earlier could be placed? I'll also try experimenting with putting the candles in different locations in general.
>> No. 10308 edit
>>10307
No need to be that vague, imo you should know where to put the candle already. Just read all the descriptions again if you really don't.
>> No. 10309 edit
>>10307
You find that the candle's base is a perfect fit for the circular plate on the altar. Once the candle is placed on the plate, you hear a great rumbling sound. The floor on which the table sits shifts forward, revealing a staircase leading down.
>> No. 10310 edit
>>10308
I take some candles and lit them on the altar, then push it again.
>> No. 10311 edit
File 134946145070.jpg - (12.63KB , 321x236 , katspike.jpg )
10311
>>10309
>>10310
Well, nevermind that then.

"That is some intricate mechanism. Makes me all the more curious. Well, shall we go ?"

I follow the stairs.
>> No. 10312 edit
>>10311
Sadly I don't know what happens from here on out and Rudolf is in class. You will have to wait a bit.
>> No. 10313 edit
File 136078475140.jpg - (110.22KB , 500x334 , 5708136688_c5cc743633.jpg )
10313
You follow down the stairs for what feels like an eternity. It is almost as if you've crossed over to some distant world. Spiraling ever downward, you eventually reach what is the bottom of the stairs. A long hallway presents itself, at the end of which is a grand set of double-doors. A large plaque sits above the door, displaying words in a foreign language.
>> No. 10314 edit
File 135357103131.png - (866.93KB , 968x1041 , Erika_SmilePose.png )
10314
>>10313
"Ha. So these are supposed to be the gates of hell, are they? Well, I'm not going to be turned back by something like this. After all, I came all this way to uncover the secret Kinzo-san was trying to hide. To fail to do so would be an unforgivable shame for a detective, one whose duty is to find the truth behind all mysteries...!"

I open the double doors.
>> No. 10315 edit
File 134325318765.jpg - (162.14KB , 512x384 , spike-spiegel.jpg )
10315
>>10314
"Lose all hope, ye who enter. This place ain't losing its fanciness. Let us enter"

I follow Erika
>> No. 10316 edit
File 136078793679.png - (383.53KB , 638x298 , 12-umineko-gold.png )
10316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J5LF2Udf20

The doors are opened to reveal all which you expected. You step through the opening and immediately spot it. Gold, a giant mound of gold, sits in the center of the room. Ten tons of gold ingots, the supposed gold of Grandfather Kinzo, a legendary treasure which, until now, had no proof of even existing. This was it, this was proof that you had succeeded where all others had failed. You solved the epitaph, and are now the rightful heir of the Ushiromiya family's vast wealth. Simply amazing, it takes all of your self-control to not simply jump onto the gold pile and hug it.

This should solve it. All the conflict and death should be over. Victory is sweet and glorious, and this is your greatest victory.

You bask in the glimmering glow of the golden ingots. But wait, that's right. You need to go get everyone else. They need to know of your success. Yes, you should make haste back to the room in which you bound them.

[end music]

Just then, you hear a noise. Footsteps echo through the door from which you came. The sound of a single pair of hands clapping: deliberately, slowly, dramatically.

A familiar voice, that of a former fellow comrade, calls out: "Good, good. Very good." It couldn't be, it shouldn't be, nay, it is simply impossible. You hear the voice of the deceased detective.
>> No. 10317 edit
File 136078933327.png - (194.06KB , 500x389 , tumblr_m563ifxjM71qgq2cno1_500.png )
10317
>>10316
"To...Tomitake ? What.. the... hell...? What are you doing here ?"
>> No. 10318 edit
You turn towards the door to see the source of the noise. To your surprise you see that some change in apparel has occurred, as he walks through the door.
>> No. 10319 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , 135994979390.png )
10319
>>10317
"Ey there Squitchy boy! You all did better than I expected. The fire was actually the blood or otherwise wine of Christ and the Steel was his flesh/bread."

I raise my Winchester rifle and point it at the group.

"Now back away from the gold."
>> No. 10320 edit
File 132908255479.png - (163.48KB , 390x364 , Erika_Bow.png )
10320
>>10319
"Ha, so that's how it is, is it? Very original, a stunning twist...! This truly isn't a third-rate mystery after all. I have to express my thanks to you for making this so interesting.

As for the gold, you don't have to worry about that. My goal was only to solve the riddle - the reward for doing so holds no interest to me beyond confirming that I found the solution."

I back away from the gold obediently.
>> No. 10321 edit
File 134404697115.jpg - (34.60KB , 400x267 , cowboy-bebop-remix-vol1-2.jpg )
10321
>>10319
"Heh, can't say I ever got that part of the Bible,the hostie always tasted like shit at the mass anyway. Guess I've never been fit for Christianity, and now it came to bit me back in the ass.

... Well that's fancy seeing you here, you seem to have changed quite a lot since the last time we saw each other, I mean, disregarding the blood and fancy knives, you're looking better than before... Got a new haircut ? Now you really should tell me where you found such a good hairdresser on this private island.
You know, instead of raising a gun at me. You're making me pretty uncomfortable there.
>> No. 10322 edit
File 136079397362.png - (44.20KB , 90x125 , 136079179415s.png )
10322
>>10321
"Well it's not too hard is you know the right person. Not to mention the price of your soul is pretty cheap in the long run, you even get the bonus of rising from the dead.

Enough with the chit chat. You too Squitchyboy! Back away from the gold."
>> No. 10323 edit
File 134963961225.jpg - (427.01KB , 715x1000 , 91519206f7a06866b55eec8ed60809bcc36adb3d.jpg )
10323
>>10322
"...Tch. You're really serious about this aren't you ? Scary..."

I back off the gold as well.

"I'm not that interested in money, but I wouldn't spit if you graciously decided to offer me an ingot, you know."
>> No. 10324 edit
File 136079397362.png - (44.20KB , 90x125 , 136079179415s.png )
10324
>>10323
I walk over to the gold while keeping an eye on the detectives.

"Nice try, but this is just business for me. I guess you can say I have a quota to fill... and letting you leave isn't really part of it."

I move my hand over and pick up one of the ingots to inspect it.
>> No. 10326 edit
>>10324
You take your attention of the detectives in order to inspect the gold. You confirm that it is without a doubt real. Taking your left hand off the gun you attempt to lift one of the ingots. Each about 10 kilos. It would be rather hard to move all of the gold let alone off the island.
>> No. 10327 edit
File 136083015812.png - (922.68KB , 1109x1037 , Erika_HappyPoint.png )
10327
>>10324
"As expected from my rival. Truly excellent! I have to admit I underestimated you. Yes, I see, you must have used Kinzo's corpse to fake your death...or perhaps Genji's? Either way, now it makes perfect sense how you were able to commit murders despite everyone having an alibi. And I'm sure you could have gotten into Kinzo's study, too. Weren't you sneaking around the courtyard yesterday, trying to find a way up to the third floor?"

I attempt to keep him distracted by talking, while looking around the room for anything that could be used as a weapon.
>> No. 10329 edit
File 135954633563.jpg - (12.32KB , 400x300 , 10734-331288_44531_spike_spiegel_super_super.jpg )
10329
>>10327

"Sigh... You're always so energetic.
So, big man, what's the big deal ? You're in some pinch ? I can sure help you out with that you know, I've always been an expert at getting out of impossible situations, even if it sometimes means losing all dignity, come on, since our friendship is so great, it'd be a shame to not rely on it, right ? "

I reach my pocket where my lighter is and hold it firmly, while concentrating heavily on Tomitake's body language and mannerism.
>> No. 10330 edit
>>10327
A closer survey of the room yields you these results: there is a bed in the room off to the side, there is a seating area that has a table and a few chairs in a corner of the room, there is a nice grandfather clock against the wall, there is the gold pile in the center of the room (heavy, blunt objects), it looks like there is some sort of mini-liquor cabinet opposite the seating area (it's closed at the moment), and there is the door you came in through.
>> No. 10331 edit
File 131915853937.jpg - (49.23KB , 530x404 , ozakirapeface.jpg )
10331
>>10327
I continue to inspect the gold while keeping and eye on Rika.
"A sharp one aren't you? Heh, since you will never find the answers to that I will let you know that is a passing grade at most.

>>10329
The man you once knew as Tomitake has a large grin on his face. However you can notice some relieve mixed in with his reaction.

"Who knows? It won't be any of yours business anyway."
>> No. 10332 edit
>>10331

I stay silent, and I observe the man previously-known as Tomitake. What is he paying attention to ? Where is his gun aimed at ? Is he standing ? What is the distance between us ?
>> No. 10333 edit
File 136079397362.png - (44.20KB , 90x125 , 136079179415s.png )
10333
>>10332
The man is currently paying attention to Rika, however changes his gaze to Eccica who continues to remain mute.
His gun is currently aimed at Rika. He is standing near the pile of gold, which is around 4 meters away from where you are.
>> No. 10334 edit
File 134375550175.jpg - (41.21KB , 720x480 , cowboy-bebop-11-spike-spiegel-arsenal.jpg )
10334
>>10333

"Well, it's sad to see your dreams shatter, isn't it ? I've known that feeling way too much."

I slowly get out my lighter from my pocket

"GET DOWN GIRLS, GRENADE"

I quickly light my lighter and throw it over the gold, preferably out of Tomitake's sight, then I instantly rush out and try kick Tomitake in the guts, and attempt to take his rifle.
>> No. 10336 edit
File 132944758677.png - (174.50KB , 390x364 , Erika_ShockedPoint.png )
10336
>>10334
I watch Tomitake's reaction intently. If his gun stops pointing at me, I will immediately attempt to run over to the gold pile, take out an ingot and slam it down on Tomitake's head...!
>> No. 10337 edit
File 131795466316.png - (64.91KB , 347x480 , ozaki_itaia1.png )
10337
>>10334
After regaining my composure from the fake genrade I attempt to shoot Squitcher in time.

"You bastard!!!"
>> No. 10338 edit
>>10334
>>10336
>>10337
Tomitake's fires his gun as the two detectives rush him. His gun fires, but his aim is definitely hindered by the his lack of time to aim. He only manages to get off a single shot. The shot hits Squitcher in the shoulder but Squitcher's kick still hits its mark. Tomitake is knocked over by this attack. Meanwhile, Erika manages to catch up in an instant and grabs a gold ingot. She bashes it over Tomitake's head, knocking him unconscious.
>> No. 10339 edit
File 134325318765.jpg - (162.14KB , 512x384 , spike-spiegel.jpg )
10339
I quickly take hold of Tomitake's rifle with my uninjured arm

"Damn ! We did it ! I can't believe it actually worked. Good job Erika, you were a lifesaver this time."

Somewhat slowed by my injury on the shoulder, I retrieve my Lighter lying around somewhere, I also check Tomitake's state.

"Nobody calls me Squitchyboy, nobody."
>> No. 10340 edit
>>10339
You are now in possession of the Winchester and the lighter.

Tomitake is out cold. Upon closer inspection his clothing looks like a medical examiner's apparel.
>> No. 10341 edit
File 132969770057.png - (187.27KB , 390x364 , erika6.png )
10341
>>10340
"Nice work there, Squitcher-san. Now then, what shall our next action be? I think that we should restrain him somehow and keep watch over him with that gun until he regains consciousness. Then we can get him to confess the truth, and our victory will be complete."
>> No. 10343 edit
>>10341
You wait for several minutes, he is still unconscious. The room begins to smell faintly like smoke, it is coming in from the door.
>> No. 10344 edit
>>10343
I quickly check to see if the Winchester is loaded. Then I do a body search on Tomitake, what does he have in his possession ? Specifically if he still has his camera. Then I'll open the thing that looked like a liquor cabinet and inspect it. Then I'll inspect the door to see what's the cause of the smoke.
>> No. 10345 edit
File 136088582776.jpg - (12.82KB , 440x248 , winchester-rifle-2.jpg )
10345
>>10344
It's loaded, only one shot short of a full magazine. Clearly, the gun was fully loaded when he entered the room.

As for what he has on him, he'd have to post it.

The liquor cabinet is filled with a variety of different alcohol brands, all absinthe.

The smell seems to be coming from down the hall, up the stairs. Maybe there's something burning in the church....
>> No. 10346 edit
>>10345
On the body of the man, excluding the gun you find:
-Two cameras
-Photos of Rudolf's corpse laying in the study
-Photo of the portrait
-Photos of each detective obviously taken before arriving on the island
-A watch
-A lighter
-A pack of smokes
-Extra ammo for the rifle
-Notepad with scribbles about the epitaph(he obviously couldn't solve it)
-A scrap piece of paper with what appears to be the recipe for a small makeshift bomb.

You also note his shoes are far too dirty from simply walking in the mud. Even his socks are soaked. He must have been waiting outside for a long time at one point.
>> No. 10351 edit
As you continue to stand around not doing anything time passes. The man who was once unconscious begins to stir.
>> No. 10352 edit
File 132908977539.png - (153.93KB , 340x366 , erika1.png )
10352
>>10351
"Squitcher-san, I think he's waking up. Keep that gun pointed at him. ...So then, rival, it seems that you've used some kind of 'small bomb' to set this church on fire. How exactly were you planning to escape from that? We'd rather like to know so that we can get out of here ourselves, with you in our custody of course."
>> No. 10353 edit
File 135855242449.jpg - (90.02KB , 600x480 , 227063.jpg )
10353
>>10352
As I awake from my slumber I slowly regain my conscious I slowly put the pieces together.

"Ah... You really got me there... A combo attack..."

Only then do I take note of the smell and Rika's words.

"I see, it already spread to the chapel eh? I suggest you guys get out of here. It's probably all over by now."
>> No. 10354 edit
File 135958121327.png - (794.40KB , 968x1041 , erika7.png )
10354
>>10353
"Just us? Don't be absurd, you're coming with us too. I don't plan to abandon my rival to die in a place like this. I'll drag you out of here myself if need be."
>> No. 10355 edit
File 135571812124.jpg - (25.74KB , 600x337 , 317348-shiki00052_600x337.jpg )
10355
>>10354
"Tsk, whatever you say. The chapel should be safe enough to run through so lets get going."
>> No. 10356 edit
You may also wish to make attempts to stop or slow the hemorrhaging on Squitcher, lest he have issues with blood loss.
>> No. 10357 edit
File 136096214223.jpg - (13.73KB , 160x120 , jpeg_preview_medium.jpg )
10357
>>10346
I take the extra ammo and reload the rifle, also, how many ammunition does that make in total ?
I inspect the two cameras and the photos, nothing of interest ?
I'll also take his watch, his lighter and finally the small piece of paper on which he wrote the bomb thingie or whatever



If I could be allowed the above retroactively it'd be nice. The following just as always

I aim the gun at Tomitake, taking care to always let at least around 7-8 meters of distance between us.

"Wait. Tomitake, kneel, face against the wall, and be quick.
Judging from these papers, I'd have to guess your bomb, no... your bombs have detonated, I'm not looking to die here, I don't think you are either.
Erika, stand back and be ready to act."
>> No. 10358 edit
>>10356
I tear off my jacket and try to wrap it around my shoulder

"Rudimentary, but we ain't got much choice."
>> No. 10359 edit
>>10357
>>10358
Yes, of course. You retrieved his items before he awoke. You also made your attempts to stop the bleeding immediately upon Tomitake being confirmed unconscious.
>> No. 10360 edit
>>10359
Ya perfect thanks
>> No. 10361 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
10361
"Shouldn't we escape now?"
>> No. 10366 edit
File 13440177643.jpg - (17.19KB , 400x266 , Spike~Spiegel~1.jpg )
10366
>>10361
"We will, and soon enough. Just do as asked. You kneel, face against the wall, hands behind your back."
>> No. 10367 edit
File 132907233677.png - (154.01KB , 340x366 , erika2.png )
10367
>>10366
"What's all this about, Squitcher-san?"
>> No. 10368 edit
File 134375493055.jpg - (13.36KB , 340x332 , 1286744_1297122864843_02res_340_332.jpg )
10368
>>10367
"Security measures. I'm sorry, but you will undoubtedly have to use your strength thereafter, if you want everyone to stay alive."
>> No. 10371 edit
>>10368
I do as squitcher requests and go up against the wall with my hands behind me head. I smirk at his comment.
>> No. 10372 edit
File 134884982785.jpg - (45.92KB , 444x346 , tumblr_m6mfq3wdBw1qid5lh.jpg )
10372
>>10371
"Sorry, buddy. Now that it is nothing personal, so it's not some kind of punishment for what you've done. It's just a preemptive strike for what you might do.
Basically, yeah, it's just good ol' paranoia."

I get close to Tomitake, aim the gun on his right shoulder and pull the trigger. Then I aim to his left leg and shoot it with the second shot. I'll then proceed to reload with the extra ammo.

"Well, try not to die now, your testimony is much needed in this affair. Plus, little Erika seems to have taken a liking to you.
Erika, darling, could you carry him ? We'll take care of the bleeding once we're out of this place. I would do it if I weren't holding the rifle and if I wouldn't be wounded.

Anyway, let's not waste too much time."

I head upstairs
>> No. 10374 edit
File 135227252415.png - (775.70KB , 968x1041 , Erika_Protest.png )
10374
>>10372
"That was hardly necessary, was it? We could have just knocked him out again if you wanted him unconscious. Well, as long as he lives to give a formal confession, I suppose it's of no consequence."

I pick up Tomitake's body and follow Squitcher up the stairs, glaring at Eccaia's lifeless form for not helping me carry him.
>> No. 10377 edit
File 132114226338.png - (69.59KB , 347x480 , ozaki_shot2.png )
10377
>>10372
>>10374
After writhing in pain for a bit the man gains enough composure to speak again.

"Testimony? Your priorities are messed up... Or I guess you just don't know any better..."

He coughs up blood and decides to remain silent for now.
Erika attempts to lift over 200 pounds of muscle but fails miserably. Who would have thought a frail little girl could lift such a thing?

"Just leave me already. Squitchy isn't the best shot... Even if I treated myself now I would need emergency equipment to survive. Unless you want to drag me... I wonder which would kill me faster?"
>> No. 10379 edit
>>10377
"Well, I could've handled that better, that's for sure. Erf... This is irritating. But you buddy, don't count on me to let you die this easily.
Erika, take care of the gun for me.

I throw the rifle over to her, along with the spare ammo I have.

"Now, if the bunny girl could come and help me instead of standing around, it'd be nice too."

I try to lift tomitake, along, if possible, the help of Eccaia.
>> No. 10382 edit
File 136106896927.png - (651.31KB , 640x480 , l_php.png )
10382
>>10379
You somehow manage to move along, carrying Tomitake with you. Down the hall, up the stairs, you make your way towards the chapel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RirEqehfsg

You are not entirely surprised to find that the building is now in flames. The building has not yet been entirely engulfed, but the flames are likely impossible to stop by this points. The walls, the altar, the pews are all aflame, creating a single line of escape: walking straight between the pews. The door and windows are destroyed by now, with rain pouring in, still somehow unable to prevent the spread of the flames.
>> No. 10383 edit
>>10382
Still carrying Tomitake, I head towards the line of escape formed by the pews.
>> No. 10387 edit
File 13610702937.png - (187.60KB , 640x480 , ll_php.png )
10387
>>10383
You exit the chapel, relieved that you are now... what the hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm-EUknpIxw

The trees, nay the entire forest, is aflame. But how is that even possible? They would have been covered in water from the storm that has been raging for over 24 hours. Not only are they burning, they are conflagrating. You can feel the intensity of the heat engulfing the forest, only the wind and the rain providing comfort against its overwhelming force. Luckily, the flames seem to run in lines that are almost parallel, creating a pathway of escape similar to that of the chapel. Perhaps Tomitake ignited the flames in such a way as to leave an escape route - one that you note leads in the direction of the mansion.
>> No. 10390 edit
File 132944758677.png - (174.50KB , 390x364 , Erika_ShockedPoint.png )
10390
>>10387
I run in the direction of the mansion!
>> No. 10392 edit
>>10390
I follow along with Tomitake and Erika

"Man, what did you do ? What was your plan ?"
>> No. 10393 edit
>>10390
>>10392
Ozaki doesn't response to Squitcher's questions and remains silent.

You all follow the path to the mansion and discover that unlike the rest of the island it has yet to be engulfed in flames. Some parts have only begun to catch fire.

Despite a clear view of the forest would be seen from the study you don't see any of the remaining people escaping the mansion. They must still be inside.
>> No. 10394 edit
File 132935668373.png - (153.62KB , 340x366 , Erika_EyesClosed.png )
10394
>>10393
"Hey, Jiro-kun, mind telling us whether you murdered anyone else before you came and found us? I don't particularly want to go looking around a burning building without knowing exactly how many survivors we should be looking for."
>> No. 10395 edit
File 131916917453.jpg - (17.22KB , 134x192 , 268527.jpg )
10395
>>10394
"I was waiting for you at the chapel ever since George died. Whether or not you believe me is your own concern though."
>> No. 10396 edit
>>10395
Also the inside mansion isn't on fire yet.
>> No. 10397 edit
File 132969770057.png - (187.27KB , 390x364 , Erika_Pose.png )
10397
>>10395
"I'll believe you for now. Well then, I think that one of us should check out the mansion while one of us keeps watch over Jiro-kun. I don't have any particular preference as to who performs which role. What do you think, Squitcher-san?"
>> No. 10398 edit
File 13427330351.jpg - (6.02KB , 275x183 , afefa.jpg )
10398
>>10397
"Well, I guess I'll be the one going. I doubt Jiro will be able to do anything in the state he's in, so i guess that simply keeping watch with the gun should be enough to warrant your security.
Don't hesitate to flee if the fire gets too bad though. I should be fine on my own.
Also you should probably take care of this guy's bleeding while you still have some time.

Well, I'm going. Erika, one last thing, don't stand too close to him with your gun, one can never be too wary."

I'll step inside the mansion, and try to make my way to the 3rd floor study.
>> No. 10400 edit
File 136112418894.png - (798.83KB , 968x1041 , Erika_Protest2.png )
10400
>>10398
I call out to Squitcher as he enters the mansion.

"Take care of this guy's bleeding? You say that like it's so easy, but how exactly are we supposed to do that? I suppose you never thought about that when you decided to shoot him."
>> No. 10401 edit
File 136112461094.png - (144.16KB , 343x568 , FSN_Archer.png )
10401
>>10398
You enter the the main entrance, however something completely unexpected is waiting for you...
It can't be... He was just a figment right? There is no way that he-

Standing in front of the portrait you see a man with his back faced to you.
He doesn't even move when you enter, he just continues to stare at the portrait.
>> No. 10416 edit
File 134996764141.jpg - (27.71KB , 640x480 , cb_spike0183.jpg )
10416
>>10401
Using my telepathic powers, I try to send a message to Erika to just use their clothes as bandages. Unfortunately my telepathic abilities have worsen with time and it probably won't work.

Then, ignoring Erika, I walk up to the new figure.


"'Sup man ?"
>> No. 10418 edit
File 136120302123.png - (395.12KB , 640x480 , mhal_2co.png )
10418
You walk up to the figure and it becomes apparent why he isn't moving.

http://boonce.org/up/archerswords.png

The body is horribly disfigured. Archaic looking swords and daggers are stabbed throughout. The longest of them keep the body suspended giving the impression the man was standing. The hands and feet have both been replaced with swords that have been jammed into the bones of the body. His face has been ripped off and all the muscle coating the bones greets you.

In front of you, written in blood on the portrait is a line of text. "With this the ceremony is complete and none shall be left alive."

>> No. 10419 edit
File 134381807950.jpg - (5.15KB , 252x200 , images.jpg )
10419
>>10418

I do a very quick inspection of the body and the various weapons to see if I missed anything at first glance.
"What the hell.
Waaait a second. Who the hell did this ? Unless Tomitake lied, he couldn't have possibly done this, and where the hell does this guy comes from in the first place ? And these swords ?

AH... Too many questions, and so little time. Well, I have others things to take care of anyway. Sorry to leave you like this buddy."

I rush to the 3rd floor study.
>> No. 10420 edit
File 132902397650.png - (467.02KB , 640x480 , m_door1.png )
10420
>>10419
It appears you found out everything about the body on you first inspection.

You leave the main hall and head to the study. As you ascend you don't see any signs of people.

You are now at the study door. It is locked and you cannot hear anything from inside.
>> No. 10421 edit
>>10420
I open the door with the key I kept on myself, and enter the room
>> No. 10422 edit
File 133956458431.jpg - (8.14KB , 800x600 , black.jpg )
10422
>>10421
You open the door using your key and enter the room...
>> No. 10423 edit
File 13612155745.jpg - (42.75KB , 641x481 , Blood1.jpg )
10423
>>10421
Shock, horror, anguish, fear, terror, surprise. So many feelings erupt in you at the sight. Within the room is everyone whom you expected to find, only that they are no longer in such a healthy state. Blood covers everything in the room. The bodies all lie about the room, some on their backs, others lying on their stomachs. The room appears to have signs of burning, although it looks like all the fire is no longer going.

What a terrible oversight, how bad it is that this could happen. Eleven corpses, eleven people who were alive when you left them. These eleven people whom you wanted to return to triumphant, successful. Your victory, embittered by these great losses, is not the least bit glorifying.
>> No. 10424 edit
File 133084924889.png - (194.68KB , 640x480 , lll_php.png )
10424
>>10423
Your thoughts and feelings run wild until you are surprised by a crashing noise. What the hell was that? It sounded like glass breaking...

Just then the world turns gray. Time itself seems to have been frozen in place.
>> No. 10425 edit
File 136121577075.png - (67.59KB , 505x3000 , showmanshipresults.png )
10425
>>10424
Results, etc.
Final Thread.
http://www.seacats.net/gameboard/res/10427.html
>> No. 10426 edit
File 132443700522.png - (74.24KB , 527x442 , anon_point.png )
10426
Say it in red! Vegetables can't into murder!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason