[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Break the illusion, or bite your navel.

Gameboard Guidelines


Discord


[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 135942870476.jpg - (374.68KB , 550x780 , 2dfdf63e80ab57f115cd71ee7d58cc8f1137c7fb.jpg )
9778 No. 9778 edit
It has been far too long since /seacats/ was graced with a classic styled gameboard. So because of this I have decided to bring back a short game from during the times of ib4f.

This game, to the extent of my knowledge wasn't archived in any way besides the opening post which I saved by chance. I am confident in my memory however minor changes with the descriptions and investigations are lost so I will have to remake them myself.

As such, all members who remember this game are asked not to participate. Due to the truancy of the creator I assume there is no problem with posting this game regardless of any consent.

This is GreatEqualizer’s second game.
Expand all images
>> No. 9781 edit
------------------------------------
Hello again, Seacats! I have returned with a present: A murder that you absolutely cannot solve! The game is open to anyone who wishes to engage in a battle of wits.

A few rules:

Like normal, red speaks the absolute truth.

Blue is used to make theories that will destroy my magic.

Green is used to ask characters questions, although they can easily lie... Except, of course, for the detective. The detective in this game is Genji.

Now, on with the tale!

------------------------------------

It is an understatement to say that our master’s death was a catalyst for things to come. Everything that happened, everything that stood to happen, are a consequence on the day he passed away. I write this because I know the truth; the pure, untainted truth. Natsuhi-sama and Krauss-sama only know one version of this truth, because they are human and can see no more than that. But, as furniture to my late master, I gain to tell the truth about what happened; I do not expect to be believed, but still I write, because I know the truth and because I can do nothing else.

Erase your memories, erase your human emotion. The culprit is none other than the Golden Witch, Beatrice. Like the grim reaper, she knew that it was the master’s time, and took his soul to play with for all of eternity.

The day Beatrice faded in from her portrait was ordinary, mostly. Lady Jessica could not make it to school due to a chance thunderstorm, and master’s physician, Dr. Nanjo, dropped by for his occasional visit to ensure that the master is always in the top state of health. Also shipped today were new clothes bearing the one winged eagle, shipped by a personal tailor master hired; Dr. Nanjo and I carried them to the servant’s room after he offered to help. I thanked him, and went about my duties before returning to organize.

All trivial events brought about by ordinary matters, interrupted by a single phone call.

I was serving food with the rest of the servants at the time. Kanon, Shannon, and Gohda were helping me serve to the Krauss-sama, Lady Jessica, Natsuhi-sama, and Dr. Nanjo, who was allowed a seat at the family table on Kinzo’s behalf. And, just as we were preparing to return to the servant’s quarters, the phone rang.

Krauss-sama gave the phone an annoyed glance. He swallowed his food loudly. “Genji-san, would you please answer that?”

“Certainly.” I walked towards the phone. It was most likely the master requesting something in our absence. I silently looked down on myself. Why didn’t we leave a servant with him in case there was something he desired? I let out a small sigh and picked up the telephone. “This is Genji.”

The person on the other end of the phone did not respond.

“This is Genji.” I repeated, slightly more loudly. “Hello?”

On second inspection, there was a voice. It was quiet, though. I whispered for those around me to be quiet. Everyone stared at me.

I could hear a faint outline of the voice: “…Hos...pital…” I heard the thud of a receiver on the other end of the line. I knew who it was. If everyone was gathered in the dining hall, which left only one person: the master!

I set the phone on the hook. Quickly, I explained what he heard to everyone in the dining hall. Natsuhi-sama stood up.

“Why are we still here!” she said. “We should go immediately!”

Everyone agreed. As a group, we rushed up the steps to the third floor of the mansion halls. Finally, we reached Kinzo’s study. I fished my pocket for a key and found one. This was one of the only two keys that could open the door. Where was the other? It should be…

Before I could finish my thought, Natsuhi began thrashing on the door handle, trying to force it open, but the door was stubbornly locked. Kraus-sama managed to calm her down long enough for me to unlock the door… and immediately reveal the fresh corpse of the master.

“Father!” Natsuhi-sama shrieked. Krauss-sama backed away from the door and left his mouth wide open. Kanon-san, Shannon-san, Dr. Nanjo, and I could only stand there, shocked. I looked away, not wanting to look at my master’s lifeless body. Then, I saw the window: It was locked and shut. I looked for one other thing as well, but Natsuhi-sama found it before me.

“Look! A letter!” She ran up to grab it, and tore it open like a paper shredder. She started to read: “Members of the Ushiromiya family…What? Who is this?...I have taken the soul of Kinzo the fool, and I plan to make him my plaything forever. I apologize for any inconvenience. Sincerely, Beatrice the Golden.”

“Beat…rice?” Shannon whispered, and, beside the spot where Natsuhi-sama picked up the letter, I noticed the second key, creating a witch’s closed room.

------------------------------
>> No. 9782 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
9782
Now then, who will make the first move?
>> No. 9783 edit
File 131174162179.png - (12.93KB , 700x700 , kan_majimea4.png )
9783
I know I failed to solve this back then, so I don't know if I should try again.
>> No. 9786 edit
Judging by the presence of green, I take it that my games predate this? I don't seem to remember it though....
>> No. 9788 edit
>>9786
Not to sure because green was used before your /gameboards/ but for other purposes. Of course green wasn't very well know at that time by new members so it possible your games predate this.
>> No. 9790 edit
File 135948749724.png - (265.42KB , 500x500 , tumblr_m359d2sBm81qh5tyvo1_500.png )
9790
Before we kick off, is there any way to control Genji or investigate the scene, or are we limited to simply asking the characters questions about the crime?
>> No. 9791 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9791
>>9790
Genji investigate the crime scene fully so he will remember everything about it.

So yes. I will treat it the same as investigating.
>> No. 9792 edit
File 131811062664.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
9792
>>9786
>>9788
Green truth was originally used by George as to state the feelings of a character, and it was supposed to hold the same value as a red or gold truth.
About this game, well, I think this was before Rudolf created his own green text.
>> No. 9794 edit
File 132107719739.png - (72.69KB , 321x480 , rud_defa2.png )
9794
>>9792
Makes sense, I had heard someone mention that before. It seems that mine sort of replaced it? Or maybe it just stuck better? I dunno....

Either way, I may like to participate in this, though I need to finish mine as well....

Once we get to the end of Showmanship, there will be an open theories thread most likely. Anyone can challenge it then if they wish.
>> No. 9795 edit
File 135948868474.png - (31.29KB , 200x200 , selfpleasure.png )
9795
>>9794
I refuse to lose again, so you guys need to solve it ok.
>> No. 9796 edit
>>9790
>>9791
Did that answer your question?
>> No. 9797 edit
File 134322777520.png - (60.18KB , 208x397 , BUP_0069.png )
9797
Just to be sure, does this game follow the knox rules? Is it possible to solve it with just the intro or do we need to investigate the crime scene first?
>> No. 9798 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
9798
>>9797
This game follows Umineko's version of Knox.

Of course unless you are extremely shrewd, investigation and or interrogation will be required in order to solve this tale.
>> No. 9799 edit
File 131239889926.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua1.png )
9799
>>9795
It seem I will have to take back what I said here. I really tried, but I can't pass this up.

First off, I ask Doctor Nanjo if the body of Kinzo really is dead. He should be able to confirm it, if anyone.
>> No. 9800 edit
File 135952578310.png - (38.47KB , 400x96 , BUP_0136.png )
9800
One more thing, are we supposed to be specific while investigating? In other words if I want to know for exemple about the lock or a weird painting on the door can I say something like "I recall the status of the door before I entered the room." or do I have to be specific.
>> No. 9801 edit
File 13496340012.png - (70.88KB , 360x454 , nan_fumua1.png )
9801
>>9799
"I can confirm he is indeed dead. Although I'm a general practitioner... an autopsy is outside my area of expertise..." says Nanjo

>>9800
Specificity would be needed. Genji searched the inside the room rather thoroughly so I can make an exception for major objects like the corpse.
>> No. 9802 edit
File 130844302626.png - (84.95KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana2.png )
9802
>>9801
I see, speaking of the corpse I will ask Genji what the corpse looked like when he found it.
>> No. 9803 edit
File 134326357569.png - (60.15KB , 208x397 , BUP_0061.png )
9803
>>9802

hmmm, lets add

I ask Nanjo if he saw anything suspicious on the corpse, anything related to the murder.[/ green]
>> No. 9804 edit
File 131312933169.png - (77.53KB , 319x476 , gen_komarua1.png )
9804
>>9802
"When I found the late master’s body he was lying face down near the main door of the study. His cape was open in the back and covered the rest of the body so I flipped the corpse in order to see his face. His eyes and mouth were open and stared at me with the dim grey of death. No longer able to look at the corpse I turned my direction elsewhere.

I noticed near the corpse was the headset of the phone which he must have used to call me before his death. The cord attached to the headset lead up to the cradle which was attached to the wall by the door." Genji states.

>>9803

"I'm sorry. I could not find anything of the sort." Nanjo informs you.
>> No. 9805 edit
File 134326357569.png - (60.15KB , 208x397 , BUP_0061.png )
9805
"His eyes and mouth were open " I think this is important.

I ask Genji the same question about anything suspicious on the corpse, like a bruise, maybe around his neck or an open wound .
>> No. 9806 edit
File 131329945267.png - (77.99KB , 319x477 , gen_defa1.png )
9806
>>9805
"Now that you mention it there may have been a bit red around the neck. It could have been have been a scratch or a bruise like you said. Although I am not to sure..."
>> No. 9807 edit
File 130826654858.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua3.png )
9807
Alright, easiest trick in the bag:
Natsuhi or someone else left the key inside of the room when the closed room was already broken.
And if that's too easy then: I'll ask Genji if he checked the base of the phone or if he noticed any strange aroma in the room
>> No. 9808 edit
File 131329945267.png - (77.99KB , 319x477 , gen_defa1.png )
9808
>>9807
Upon unlocking the room right before the discovery of Kinzo's corpse the second key was already inside the room.

"I did not smell anything out of the ordinary in the room.
I did check the base of the phone however did not find anything out of the ordinary. Could you be more specific?"
>> No. 9809 edit
File 135953001098.png - (59.98KB , 208x397 , BUP_0066.png )
9809
Am i that lucky?, I have a theory about the neck, but the way you phrased it make me think it is a bait.

Let me try something. There is no murder, Kinzo died from lung problems which is why he called "hospital" and not help. The fact that dr.nanjo is present is also a hint to let us know that kinzo has to take care of his health. The closed room was made by himself.
>> No. 9810 edit
File 130828177489.png - (85.34KB , 291x478 , kan_majimea37.png )
9810
Sure thing. I'm saying that Kinzo was killed with a needle or some other kind of piercing object. There was a needle with poison attached on the telephone's receiver. It paralyzed Kinzo body and stopped him from talking clearly, then it simply killed him.
>> No. 9811 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
9811
>>9809
Interesting theory... However if that is the case then how would you explain the letter left by Beatrice?

>>9810
Nice try.
There was no needle ever attached to the phone. Kinzo was not stabbed in any way which caused his death.
>> No. 9812 edit
File 135953060937.png - (60.39KB , 208x397 , BUP_0064.png )
9812
>>9811
U never said anything about the letter. Simple, someone put the letter inside while Genji was looking at the corpse.
>> No. 9813 edit
>>9812
and for the content itself, they knew about kinzo's problems and prepared a letter before the crime.
>> No. 9814 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
9814
>>9812
>>9813
Well the letter is part of the closed room too after all.
>crime
I thought you said this wasn't a murder? I'll go a head and clear this up before theories get out of hand.

Just like the second key, the letter was already in the room before the door was unlocked by Genji.

Kinzo was murdered. This is a homicide.
>> No. 9815 edit
File 131295167152.png - (85.87KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana1.png )
9815
Kinzo died because of poisoning (air, water, food) or asphyxiation (could not breath, air too thin).
>> No. 9816 edit
>>9814 >crime
Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't know how to edit.
>> No. 9817 edit
File 13085518377.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua1.png )
9817
>>9815
Kinzo died from hypoxia. In other words lack of oxygen.

>>9816
No problem. There actually isn't any edit button. Although the site owner was just lazy it works well for /gameboard/.
>> No. 9820 edit
File 135952578310.png - (38.47KB , 400x96 , BUP_0136.png )
9820
>>9815
Woah nice! Let's find the howdunnit.
>>9817

There is something that tickle me a little bit.
You say " If everyone was gathered in the dining hall, which left only one person", then you talk about " everyone in the dining hall ".
Can you confirm that during the phonecall, everyone except kinzo was in the dining hall?
>> No. 9821 edit
File 130826654858.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua3.png )
9821
Kinzo's new clothes killed him. It was a Raggamoffyn.

Also, Genji's key was stolen at some point or the letter and the key were inserted from the outside of the room.
>> No. 9823 edit
>>9821
What's a Raggamoffyn.
>> No. 9824 edit
File 131899132335.png - (13.95KB , 217x157 , kanonheh.png )
9824
>>9823
Silly Dungeons & Dragons creature that takes the form of clothes or stuff and dominates any other creature who attempts to wear it.
>> No. 9825 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
9825
>>9820
This game follows Knox so the culprit must have been mentioned during the opening text. Everyone besides Kinzo who had been mentioned during the story was seen by the detective in the dinning room at the time of the phone call.

>>9821
Genji's key never left his possession during the course of this game.

Knox's 2nd for the other part. Such things as Raggamoffyn don't exist.

>> No. 9826 edit
File 135953570621.png - (59.35KB , 208x397 , BUP_0070.png )
9826
>>9825
There's no way for the killer to enter the room during and after the phone call until genji unlocks the door. There is still one part of my blue that stands.

Kinzo made the closed room by himself.

In my mind it's like this, the killer was waiting in the room, he does something to kinzo, put the letter and get out. Then, Kinzo create the closed room and die while on the phone.
>> No. 9831 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
9831
>>9826
Kinzo did not create the closed room himself.
>> No. 9839 edit
File 131240297577.png - (88.86KB , 291x478 , kan_defa1.png )
9839
>>9821
The letter and the key were inserted from the outside of the room.
The culprit killed Kinzo from the outside of his study.
>> No. 9840 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
9840
>>9839
It is impossible to slip the letter or key into the room once the entrance/exits are closed and locked.

Kinzo was attacked by the culprit while they were both inside the room.


How would either of those even be possible anon-tan?
>> No. 9841 edit
File 131239889926.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
9841
>>9840
There are other kind of non-conventional entrances, of course. In this case, how about air vents or the rest of the windows in Kinzo's study. Genji only mentioned one.
And please, define what it means to get attacked. If someone wanted me to die because of diabetes, would giving me a candy count as an attack?
>> No. 9843 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9843
>>9841
Windows are included in exits/entrances. Same with any air vents for the purpose of this gameboard.

For this gameboard, 'to attack' someone would be to physically damage them in person.
>> No. 9844 edit
File 130827987980.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
9844
Let's cut the chase then. You said Kinzo didn't cause the closed room, alright. But the way you have been wording this makes obvious you can't deny this: The culprit wasn't in Kinzo's study the moment Kinzo died.
>> No. 9845 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9845
>>9844
Do you have a theory then?
>> No. 9847 edit
File 130828177489.png - (85.34KB , 291x478 , kan_majimea37.png )
9847
>>9845
A delayed method of murder.
A drug was used to cause Kinzo stop being able to use his lungs. Maybe an effect of the mix with another drug Kinzo was already taking.
>> No. 9849 edit
File 135958116986.png - (67.90KB , 272x397 , BUP_0079.png )
9849
Let's find it !!!
There is an autolock on the door.
The windows can be locked from the outside of the room.

"It is impossible to slip the letter or key into the room once the entrance/exits are closed and locked. "
once the entance/exists are closed and locked, The entrance/exists where not fully closed and locked when the letter and the key were inserted from the outside.
>> No. 9852 edit
File 13595850632.png - (567.82KB , 1600x1011 , mion4.png )
9852
>>9847
So yeah, there is still the mark around his neck, if its not drug lets say an injection was made on Kinzo which later caused him to stop breathing.

I thought that the letter was in the new clothes, but that wouldnt make any sense now anyway since we know that the killer was, at some point, inside the room.
>> No. 9853 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
9853
>>9847
Is that all?
Kinzo was not killed by a drug or poison.

>>9849
>>9847
Naturally, There is an autolock on the door. However the last time it activated Kinzo was inside the room and alive.
The windows cannot be locked from the outside of the room.

Neither the key or letter was inserted into the room from the outside.

Kinzo was never injected with anything during the course of this game.

>> No. 9854 edit
File 135953001098.png - (59.98KB , 208x397 , BUP_0066.png )
9854
>>9853
hmmm alright. Can you repeat something for me?

In this game everyone has only 1 name, and did not change it during the course of the game. Also, a name can't refer to something else than the person itself.

U get what im trying to say, if u can't say it i will make a theory with Kinzo as the killer.
>> No. 9855 edit
File 132116397839.png - (21.49KB , 217x157 , ozaki_heh.png )
9855
>>9854
No problem.

During the entire course of this game each human can only have one name. When they die they do not lose that name and nobody can share a name or pass it on. A name can only refer to the body it belongs to.

There are no name tricks or DID solutions to this mystery.

>> No. 9856 edit
File 134326357569.png - (60.15KB , 208x397 , BUP_0061.png )
9856
>>9855

If Kinzo didn't create the closed room. Either there is no closed room, or someone else did it.
Now we know that the last time the autolock was used Kinzo was inside the room. He also did not leave during that last time, so I presume that the killer just left by the door and with the autolock created the closed room.[/br] All of this is happening before the phone call, then Kinzo dies.
>> No. 9857 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9857
>>9856
Interesting theory... However
The last time the autolock activated Kinzo had no lethal wounds nor was he dying from any attack.
>> No. 9858 edit
File 135959213236.png - (60.95KB , 208x397 , BUP_0067.png )
9858
>>9857

You are telling me that Kinzo was attacked, but not the last time the autolock was activated. Physically attacked, then the last time it was activated was from someone going inside so the killer did not get out by the door, but the windows or the vent !!!

I will ask Genji if the air vent was activated when he entered the room, I ask him where exactly is the corpse in the room, where was the letter and if he sees something out of place near the corpse. I ask everyone if they saw a mark on Kinzo's neck before he went into his study.
>> No. 9861 edit
File 135959344536.gif - (25.21KB , 250x250 , 30818_1341019486609.gif )
9861
The first thing that Genji looked inside the room was Kinzo's dead body. While he was examining Kinzo's body, the culprit could lock the window.
>> No. 9862 edit
File 131331980495.png - (77.41KB , 319x477 , gen_majimea2.png )
9862
>>9858
"Yes the air ventilation was working at the time and still is. The grate on the vent is bolted shut and would be impossible to fit anything like a key or letter through.

As I have said before the master's corpse was found inside of the room directly in front of the main door to the study. The letter was found beside the master's desk on a small table.

I don't see anything of that description near the corpse." says Genji

Everyone else agrees that they had never seen the marks on Kinzo until the discovery of the corpse.
>> No. 9863 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9863
>>9861
Before Genji even unlocked the door the window was already locked.
>> No. 9864 edit
>>9863
Can you repeat in red that nobody beside Kinzo was inside the room before Genji entered the room?
>> No. 9865 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
9865
>>9864
Sure.
The moment before Genji unlocked the door and entered no living human being was in the room.

Beatrice is a witch so there is no problem with that.
>> No. 9866 edit
>>9863
One last try before I change my theory.

It is possible that the door is broken in a way that would let a person attacks someone near the door while being locked. The killer was standing/or had part of his corpse in the broken surface, therefore technically he was inside the room.
>> No. 9867 edit
File 135959446597.png - (362.95KB , 250x250 , 135903849054.png )
9867
>>9865
Kinzo's study is descripted as a "small villa inside the mansion, with multiple rooms".
The culprit may not have been at the murder room at the time that Genji opened the door, but he could be at another room in the study.
>> No. 9868 edit
File 130837229998.png - (64.25KB , 347x480 , ozaki_akuwaraia1.png )
9868
>>9866
Neither the door or window are broken in any way.
There is no opening that would allow a human to be partially inside of the study while the entrances/exits were closed.

>> No. 9869 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
9869
>>9867
Nice try.
The moment before Genji unlocked the door and entered no living human being was in the study.
>> No. 9870 edit
File 135953001098.png - (59.98KB , 208x397 , BUP_0066.png )
9870
>>9869
If someone is paralyzed, does it count for a living human?
>> No. 9871 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
9871
>>9870
Sure why not.
>> No. 9872 edit
>>9869
Was Kinzo killed inside the study?
>> No. 9873 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9873
>>9872
Unless you have some theory that escapes the red about the auto lock then yes. Kinzo was inside the study when he was killed.
>> No. 9874 edit
File 135959572012.png - (59.79KB , 208x397 , BUP_0072.png )
9874
>>9871
I had a theory about Kinzo not dead when Genji unlocked the door, well never mind that.

The windows cannot be locked from the outside, but can be closed ! There is a balcony or something after the window that counts as "inside the room".
>> No. 9875 edit
>>9873
Kinzo was inside his study the last time the autolock was activated, the culprit lured Kinzo outside, didn't let he close the door (so the autolock wouldn't activate), killed Kinzo, dragged his body to the room, and left the door open, but in a way that couldn't be noticed by human eyes. Natsuri closed the door before Genji noticed the open door with his detective authority.
>> No. 9876 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
9876
>>9874
I don't quite follow that blue.
The window was found locked. Not to mention I already denied anyone hiding in the study.
Regardless if such a balcony was there it wouldn't count as inside the room. It would be outside the room
>> No. 9877 edit
File 135959647791.png - (67.07KB , 272x397 , BUP_0087.png )
9877
>>9873
The last time the autolock activated Kinzo had no lethal wounds nor was he dying from any attack. Kinzo was attacked by the culprit while they were both inside the room.

If we could find what is that attack, maybe the attack wasn't lethal, and my blue can still pass.
>> No. 9878 edit
>>9876

It goes like this, the killer can still close the locked window from the outside of the room. You never denied that the windows can't be opened and locked at the same time. For the balcony, I wanted to eliminate any way for the killer to be outside and inside at the same time.
>> No. 9879 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9879
>>9875
From when the autolock was last activated to when discovery of the corpse Kinzo was the only person in the room

>>9878
The window has to be closed in order to be locked.

>> No. 9880 edit
File 135959818228.png - (59.89KB , 208x397 , BUP_0073.png )
9880
>>9875
The last time the autolock activated Kinzo had no lethal wounds nor was he dying from any attack.

When Natsuhi closed the door, wasn't Kinzo dead?
>> No. 9881 edit
File 135959647791.png - (67.07KB , 272x397 , BUP_0087.png )
9881
The killer is dead, her name is Beatrice. The day Beatrice faded in from her portrait is a metaphor to introduce the killer. She was seen in the dining hall by her twin sister, Jessica. (This is a joke) Yeah, I will need some time to think about it since i am out of ideas for now.
>> No. 9882 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9882
>>9880
Natsuhi never closed a door?

Anyway take your time and review everthing. That's the best way to get anywhere good.
>> No. 9884 edit
File 135953570621.png - (59.35KB , 208x397 , BUP_0070.png )
9884
Even if this is my first time doing something like this, I won't lose to any of your trick witch !

>>9882
Was the detective detective the whole game?

Kinzo did not create the closed room himself.
What if Kinzo is an accomplice and created it not by himself, but with the help of others?


I ask Genji to describe the lock of the door, I want to know what kind of lock it is and the way it works. Also, I want to know if a lockpick would work on it.

I might have to ask you to describe your definition of a living human.
>> No. 9885 edit
File 131312933169.png - (77.53KB , 319x476 , gen_komarua1.png )
9885
Please, if anything I am a sorcerer.

>>9884
Naturally Genji has been and always will be the only detective in this game.

There is no accomplice, willing or not. There is only a single culprit.


"The lock is a simple deadbolt with an autolock feature. You can unlock it from the outside using one of the two keys to the study. As it is an autolock once you shut the door it will lock the bolt shut. You have to unlock the bolt in order to leave the room."

The door can only be locked and unlocked from the outside using one of the keys.

A living human = a human who is not dead
Don't think to hard about wordplay with living humans. It just gets convoluted rather easily and won't help you to solve this.
>> No. 9886 edit
File 132107719739.png - (72.69KB , 321x480 , rud_defa2.png )
9886
The attack that was mentioned earlier (where the culprit was in the room) is not the direct cause of death. While Kinzo was paralyzed, unconscious, or otherwise unable to make action, the culprit set up what would lead to Kinzo's death.

Not exactly sure what I would say were these set-ups, but I'd venture something crazy like tying the phone line around his neck.

Otherwise, the voice Genji heard on the phone was either a recording or was not Kinzo's voice.
>> No. 9887 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9887
>>9886
Interesting... I might as well break the feet by which it holds ground.

The voice Genji heard was unmistakably Kinzo.
>> No. 9888 edit
File 13082825212.png - (84.80KB , 291x478 , kan_nayamua.png )
9888
Devil's proof. Kinzo's new clothes somehow caused him to asfixiate.
>> No. 9889 edit
File 132116397839.png - (21.49KB , 217x157 , ozaki_heh.png )
9889
>>9888
>2013
>devil's proof

If you can make a theory involving them then I will respond.
>> No. 9890 edit
File 130828177489.png - (85.34KB , 291x478 , kan_majimea37.png )
9890
Well, I was expecting that answer, anyway.
The clothes were so tight they stopped his lunges from breathing.
The clothes had some kind of chemical that paralyzed Kinzo.


Then again, could you define poison, considering you ruled it out already?
>> No. 9893 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
9893
>>9890
Poison = A substance that, when introduced into or absorbed by a living organism, causes death.

Kinzo's lungs worked fine, they just didn't get any oxygen at some point.

There were no chemicals that can cause paralysis on Kinzo's body during the course of this game.

>> No. 9894 edit
File 130837474663.png - (72.87KB , 321x480 , rud_defa1.png )
9894
>>9892
An allergy can slip past that definition, therefore Kinzo died from an allergic reaction to something.

Otherwise maybe the composition of the air killed him. Nobody would considered CO2 a poison, but if dry ice were to sublimate in the room, the ratio of oxygen in the air would not be sufficient to sustain human life.
>> No. 9896 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
9896
>>9894
The amount of oxygen in the room was optimal for human life.

Kinzo did not die from an allergy. Nor did he have an allergic reaction.

>> No. 9897 edit
File 131295167152.png - (85.87KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana1.png )
9897
The culprit somehow thinned out the air on Kinzo's room.
The culprit mixed something into the air, causing the oxygen levels on the air to decrease.
And the letter and the key were hidden in Kinzo's clothes.
>> No. 9901 edit
File 134324468643.png - (66.56KB , 272x397 , BUP_0084.png )
9901
I worked hard for this one.
>>9893
New theory. The killer knocked out Kinzo, he then put something inside is mouth with some tape or anything that could make it stick there. When Kinzo wake up he realise that something is there and by reflex swallow it, he then dies from the stucked object in his throat. The scratch on his neck is made by himself trying to get the object out.
>> No. 9902 edit
File 131930745749.jpg - (73.87KB , 708x720 , 3923432.jpg )
9902
>>9897
The first two are already denied by my last post. As for the other...

The letter was place into the room by the culprit's own hand.
>> No. 9903 edit
File 131872485897.jpg - (626.03KB , 1101x1306 , 227053.jpg )
9903
>>9901
Kinzo did not die from an object being stuck in his throat.

However you are correct that some of the neck marks Kinzo made himself by scratching at his neck.

>> No. 9904 edit
File 134326357569.png - (60.15KB , 208x397 , BUP_0061.png )
9904
>>9903
is food concidered an object too? I will replace the word object with anything solid.
>> No. 9905 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9905
>>9904
Yes. You can consider "object" as anything that could have gone in his throat that would obstruct the airway.
>> No. 9906 edit
File 135953570621.png - (59.35KB , 208x397 , BUP_0070.png )
9906
>>9905
Just to be sure there is no wordplay
Something was stuck in his throat and although it did not block the airway, it clogged the airway badly enough to cause death

Also,
Based on Knox 8th, the fact that Kinzo inflicted the scrath mark on hiw own indicates that he was frantically trying to remove something threatful to his life that was located in his throat, no matter what effect the said object had on him, and therefore it is safe to assume that the said object is the cause of his death, that this object was the murder weapon and that at the exact moment where kinzo died
>> No. 9910 edit
File 135952578310.png - (38.47KB , 400x96 , BUP_0136.png )
9910
>>9908
It cant be in his throat, it cant be in his mouth or nose, or genji would have known. hmmm let's think
>> No. 9911 edit
File 135656643225.jpg - (35.00KB , 225x350 , 5092-24172226.jpg )
9911
>>9906
For the purpose of this game there was never anything in Kinzo's throat that could cause death in any way.

Kinzo was indeed scratching at his throat to stop the murder weapon from killing him.

>> No. 9912 edit
File 134326357569.png - (60.15KB , 208x397 , BUP_0061.png )
9912
>>9911
I can't think of anything, but something in the air.

Genji said "I did not smell anything out of the ordinary in the room." and all the reds about drugs and poisons. let me try something,It's not a coincidence that the vent is activated, there was something in the air of the room at the time of the murder.
>> No. 9913 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9913
>>9912
I won't use red as that has already been denied.

>>9893
>>9896
>>9853
>>9817
>> No. 9914 edit
>>9912
To make sure u understand my blue, I think when u talked about the poisons and the chemical, it may be that u told us about the time that they discovered the corpse. I want to know at the time of the death.
>> No. 9915 edit
File 13084415622.png - (64.64KB , 347x480 , ozaki_nayamua2.png )
9915
>>9914
There were no problems with the air in the study during the course of the entire game.
>> No. 9917 edit
File 132704166775.jpg - (22.09KB , 562x400 , dr_ozaki laugh.jpg )
9917
>>9916
That's fine. Better safe than sorry. This is nothing compared to the games back during the old website.
Although I would suggest looking for wordplay else where.
>> No. 9918 edit
File 135953060937.png - (60.39KB , 208x397 , BUP_0064.png )
9918
>>9917
Alright ! And yeah i can agree this is wayyyyyyy more complicate than anything i have done until now.

What if the cause is illness/hallucination, my uncle had that once, he thought about his breath and eventually freaked out and stopped breathing. The killer still knocked him out, thinking that he was dead and activated that illness in his brain. (in that case the murder weapon would be himself)
>> No. 9919 edit
There must be some loophole around, I'm sure.
>> No. 9921 edit
File 13083791693.png - (65.07KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa2.png )
9921
>>9918
Well that's different. In any case.
Nothing to do with his mental state was involved in this murder. The murder weapon is physical and has been mentioned in the story.
>> No. 9922 edit
File 135961377575.png - (67.34KB , 272x397 , BUP_0083.png )
9922
>>9920
Alright, there has to be something I forgot, there must be !!

I ask Genji about the telephone, is the cable in a normal shape, is it twisted? does it has saliva anywhere on it, Is there something on the door from the inside side, like a coat rack,
>> No. 9923 edit
File 131329945267.png - (77.99KB , 319x477 , gen_defa1.png )
9923
>>9922
"I did not find anything odd with the phone at all. The cable was in perfect condition and I can only assume the master used the phone it to call us and nothing else. There is nothing like a coat rack on or beside the door."
>> No. 9925 edit
File 135953001098.png - (59.98KB , 208x397 , BUP_0066.png )
9925
>>9923
What are your thoughts about this genji? is there something that you find suspicious, but have not been asked yet about it?
>> No. 9926 edit
File 135900015540.jpg - (652.12KB , 1004x1277 , 281060.jpg )
9926
>>9925
I will have to refuse Genji to answer that. Unless you want to try something else.

I suggest rereading the thread as there should be enough to solve it.
>> No. 9927 edit
File 134326357569.png - (60.15KB , 208x397 , BUP_0061.png )
9927
>>9926
Say that in red, and i will call it a night. Tomorrow i will be back with the answer!!!!!

"There is enough information in the thread to solve this game"
>> No. 9928 edit
File 131795915177.jpg - (203.05KB , 1500x1550 , 378839.jpg )
9928
>>9927
I would have used gold, however you currently have more information than I did back when I solved this game 2 years ago so I can say it without doubt:

There is enough information in the thread to solve this game.

Oh and if it wasn't obvious from the title the whydunit doesn't matter for this game. I will be satisfied with the howdunit, and the whodunit is optional.
>> No. 9929 edit
The game:

This game follows Umineko's version of Knox.
Everyone besides Kinzo who had been mentioned during the story was seen by the detective in the dinning room at the time of the phone call.
Windows are included in exits/entrances. Same with any air vents for the purpose of this gameboard.
During the entire course of this game each human can only have one name. When they die they do not lose that name and nobody can share a name or pass it on. A name can only refer to the body it belongs to.
There are no name tricks or DID solutions to this mystery.
Genji has been and always will be the only detective in this game.
There is no accomplice, willing or not. There is only a single culprit.
The door can only be locked and unlocked from the outside using one of the keys.
The voice Genji heard was unmistakably Kinzo.
Poison = A substance that, when introduced into or absorbed by a living organism, causes death.
There were no problems with the air in the study during the course of the entire game.



Kinzo's study:

Upon unlocking the room right before the discovery of Kinzo's corpse the second key was already inside the room.
There was no needle ever attached to the phone. Kinzo was not stabbed in any way which caused his death.
Just like the second key, the letter was already in the room before the door was unlocked by Genji.
It is impossible to slip the letter or key into the room once the entrance/exits are closed and locked.
There is an autolock on the door. However the last time it activated Kinzo was inside the room and alive.
The windows cannot be locked from the outside of the room.
Neither the key or letter was inserted into the room from the outside.
The last time the autolock activated Kinzo had no lethal wounds nor was he dying from any attack.
Before Genji even unlocked the door the window was already locked.
The moment before Genji unlocked the door and entered no living human being was in the room.
The moment before Genji unlocked the door and entered no living human being was in the study.
Neither the door or window are broken in any way.
There is no opening that would allow a human to be partially inside of the study while the entrances/exits were closed.
From when the autolock was last activated to when discovery of the corpse Kinzo was the only person in the room
The window has to be closed in order to be locked.
The amount of oxygen in the room was optimal for human life.
The letter was place into the room by the culprit's own hand.



Kinzo:

Kinzo was murdered. This is a homicide.
Kinzo died from hypoxia. In other words lack of oxygen.
Kinzo did not create the closed room himself.
Kinzo was attacked by the culprit while they were both inside the room.
Kinzo was not killed by a drug or poison.
Kinzo was never injected with anything during the course of this game.
Kinzo's lungs worked fine, they just didn't get any oxygen at some point.
There were no chemicals that can cause paralysis on Kinzo's body during the course of this game.
Kinzo did not die from an allergy. Nor did he have an allergic reaction.
Kinzo did not die from an object being stuck in his throat.
However you are correct that some of the neck marks Kinzo made himself by scratching at his neck.
For the purpose of this game there was never anything in Kinzo's throat that could cause death in any way.
Kinzo was indeed scratching at his throat to stop the murder weapon from killing him.
Nothing to do with his mental state was involved in this murder. The murder weapon is physical and has been mentioned in the story.

>> No. 9930 edit
File 135961582684.png - (102.47KB , 398x480 , rud_waraia2g.png )
9930
>>9928
Kinzo's new clothing is directly related to his death! Perhaps something in, on, or around the clothing choked him!

Long ago you used such a trick where the culprit put a material in the neckline of the clothing that would react to changed in humidity/pressure and would shrink. The neckline would then choke the victim.
>> No. 9931 edit
>>9868
The culprit slid the letter and key inside through an open entrance somewhere.
I don't see any red stating all the entrances are impossible to close from the outside, or that all of them were closed when Genji unlocked the door.
>> No. 9932 edit
File 132116397839.png - (21.49KB , 217x157 , ozaki_heh.png )
9932
>>9930
Ahaha. This game was made a year before that one to which you are referring. I'll respond anyway.

There was nothing on, in, or around the clothing that choked him.
>> No. 9933 edit
>>9932
Clearly that's because the clothing itself choked him
>> No. 9935 edit
File 13180445261.jpg - (49.70KB , 347x593 , 264826.jpg )
9935
>>9931
I would have said Knox's 3rd but assume you meant the already mentioned openings.

Naturally the door and window can be closed from the outside. Locking however is different as already stated in red. When Genji unlocked the door the only other entrances/exits were all closed and locked.

The vents were bolted however that is practically the same thing.

>>9933
The clothing cannot move on its on.

Really now, was there even a clue for that?
>> No. 9936 edit
>>9935
What if the clothing was tight or restrictive enough to make breathing difficult? You didn't actually deny the clothing choking him, you leave open the idea that someone or something caused it to move or that it choked him without moving
>> No. 9938 edit
The culprit walked inside the room, and attacked Kinzo in a way that would take it some time to kill him. Then he left the letter and the key inside and left the study.
The problem here is the murder weapon, considering The murder weapon is physical and has been mentioned in the story, I can only think of the new tailored clothes.
>> No. 9939 edit
Please, repeat this in red: "Kanon, Shannon, Gohda, Genji, Krauss, Lady Jessica, Natsuhi and Dr. Nanjo are the only humans at Rokkenjima"
>> No. 9942 edit
File 131916917453.jpg - (17.22KB , 134x192 , 268527.jpg )
9942
>>9939
Kinzo, Kanon, Shannon, Gohda, Genji, Krauss, Jessica, Natsuhi and Dr. Nanjo are the only humans in this tale and on Rokkenjima.

>>9938
>>9936
Alright I'll admit it. The new clothing is the murder weapon.

However if you have been checking the reds that you will know that doesn't solve the closed room.
>> No. 9943 edit
Doctor Nanjo is the culprit. He modified the Kinzo's and delivered it. While inside the room, he placed the Key and the letter in a place that Kinzo nor Genji would see. When Genji and Nanjo left the study, Kinzo locked the door and window, creating the closed room. Then he dressed the new clothing, suffocated and called the dining room, after that, he died.
And now, the whydunnit.
Nanjo's grandchild disease got worse. He asked Kinzo for money, but he denied. Seeking the gold of the epitaph, Nanjo killed Kinzo, so that with fear that the epitaph continue, they would find the gold.
>> No. 9946 edit
>>9943
My how dunnit and who is a little different.

The clothe was not in his throat, but around it.

I present the following theory:
Because of this red However you are correct that some of the neck marks Kinzo made himself by scratching at his neck.

Some of the neck marks imply that there are more scratchs, my theory is that Kinzo was hanged with his cape. Because it is clothes and the way the knock was made, it took some time to actually hurt him or put him in a real danger of death. The killer knew he would call for help, so he let the telephone near him. He is also the one that told genji to answer the phone, Krauss !! The part that strangled him is the door, and Krauss knew that Natsuhi would rush into it, and when she tried to force it open, The knock broke and the body dropped on the floor. They didn't hear the sound because Natsuhi was yelling too loud. Also, because the cape was attached on Kinzo and the way he dropped on the floor, it looked like nothing of the sort happened.
>> No. 9947 edit
For the closed room itself, the knock didn't let the door be fully closed and the lock wasn't activated, so the last time it was activated Kinzo was still alive and not in a danger of death. As I said first, the killer simply went out by the door.
>> No. 9952 edit
File 133480972472.jpg - (20.13KB , 157x200 , ozaki epic wind back edit.jpg )
9952
>>9943
>>9946
>>9947
To be honest some points are off and I can't full grasp some of the English, however if I merge all of these blues together I believe that is close enough.

Dr.Nanjo is indeed the culprit. However he did not modify the clothing. The process of the crime went as follows;
Earlier Kinzo got dressed into his new clothes and Genji left the study to go help prepare for dinner.
Nanjo arrived at the door and because Kinzo believed him to be friend he let Nanjo into the room.
They stayed in the room until it was time for dinner, to which Kinzo refused to eat. During the phone call Nanjo placed the letter in the room.
Nanjo got up to leave and after opened the door pushed Kinzo around and grabbed his cape. He closed the door activating the autolock and pulled on the cape. Because of this Nanjo effectively hung Kinzo from the outside as the cape served as a bridge into the room. This forced Kinzo in the air and started to suffocate him.
Nanjo, wanting to keep his alibi clean, tied the end of the cape to the outside doorknob.
Of course this didn't quite kill Kinzo as his fought for his breath. With a last amount of effort he reached the phone and called Genji.

When they arrived at the door they could clearly see the cape tied to the doorknob and that is why Natsuhi was so frantic at trying to get it off. It was never said Genji has a perfect POV after all. Just that he couldn't lie.
When investigating the corpse it was said the cape was open in the back. Capes open in the front and not the back meaning the cape had wrapped around Kinzo's neck while struggling.


This is the answer.
>> No. 9953 edit
File 130854339985.png - (65.08KB , 347x480 , ozaki_defa1.png )
9953
>>9952
And for the record let it be known that it is possible that GE’s version was slightly different although the main trick is the same.

It is entirely possible the clothing was modified and was simply caught in the the door by accident and the letter was hidden in the clothing. Although I believe the answer above to be more definitive.

Of course with GE gone there is no way to check. Not that it really matters.
>> No. 9954 edit
>>9952
Ah, I see. 'twas a good game, Ozaki, my fellow detectives.
>> No. 9958 edit
I have so much to learn, but I did learn a lot from this game. I need to think more strategically and move step by step. I need to think about every blue with precision or the red spider web will have the best of me, anyway good game sorcerer and everyone.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason