[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 134614380633.png - (54.91KB , 1069x675 , bridgeA.png )
10104 No. 10104 edit
>>10100
The path ahead seems to be narrow, and enclosed, though you can feel the cavern air flowing into this space. It must open up a bit further ahead. If only you had a light source, you could see it, but for now you only have the interior light of the vaults leaking slightly outside.
Expand all images
>> No. 10111 edit
"Anybody got a light?"
>> No. 10113 edit
Folka cracks a sunrod and hands it to the nearest person who has room to hold it.
>> No. 10114 edit
File 134619906988.png - (183.33KB , 1069x675 , bridgeB.png )
10114
With a light source, the party can see the stairway they currently occupy continues for a short distance before opening out into a bridge. The bridge apparently once had a higher railing, but the marble-like stone has been worn down to little more than debris. It's only a short drop, about 5 feet, to the water below. The water looks very deep and somewhat murky, such that you cannot even guess at its depth. You can also tell there is another one of the gate-like doors directly in front of you. It is currently raised, and leads out onto the bridge.

The ominous chanting in the distance continues.
>> No. 10117 edit
File 12962466981.png - (59.56KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria33.png )
10117
Feeling stressed by the ill aura in the room, Sureiya volunteers to take Folka's sunrod and then he move to the end of the stairs. "Who's there!?"
Move ahead until the bridge is visible, if initiative isn't over by that time, roll perception: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3674378/
>> No. 10118 edit
File 134623193682.png - (642.95KB , 1069x675 , bridgeC.png )
10118
Sureiya takes the sunrod that Folka offers, and cautiously moves along the stairway, the rest of the group following close behind.

At the edge of the stairs, you spot the speaker. He is standing in the middle of the bridge a bit of a distance ahead, and is surrounded by a glowing, circular field of energy. It appears to be some sort of magical circle that appears over the water and the bridge. The energy swirls in a strange, arcane pattern just a few inches off the surface of the bridge, and about 5 feet above the water.

The speaker does not acknowledge your approach. Though he faces you, his eyes are closed, and he appears in the midst of a chant. His hands move slowly, making strange gestures as they do so.

Reminder that the water is very deep and murky, and the railing here is worn away so there is no protection. You can go right off the edge into the water, the surface of which is about 5 feet downward.

An arcana check might give you some insight into what's going on with the big magic circle.

>> No. 10121 edit
Sariel eyes the circle.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3674490/
>> No. 10124 edit
File 13462504533.png - (37.43KB , 128x128 , kraken.png )
10124
Arcana (Sariel): You believe that this circle is indicative of some sort of potent ritual magic that the speaker has performed. As a particularly aberrant form of magic, it also behaves strangely--it appears the spell is complete, but the speaker is "holding" it, deep in a trance, and its mind may actually be between dimensions right now. Any sort of violent action would likely snap it back to reality and cause the spell to complete.
And because you beat the hard DC easily, you are pretty certain that this is a summoning spell, calling forth a denizen of the Far Realms.

>> No. 10139 edit
"... It seems he can't hear us. What the hell is that bastard doing?"
>> No. 10140 edit
"A Summoning ritual," Sariel declares. "Interruption impossible, but we can get a first strike in." She gestures to the others, approaching the monster herself.

Sariel moves to P-3, or as far as she can get.
>> No. 10142 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
10142
"Folka, would you mind waking up this scum?"
Move to L-4, prepare a charge.
>> No. 10147 edit
File 134639251280.png - (619.91KB , 1069x675 , bridgeD.png )
10147
As the group moves forward, they reveal a large structure almost immediately behind the speaker which both descends beneath the water and rises into the cavern ceiling, some two hundred feet upwards. An elaborated, gilded door stands behind the speaker, which has a number of arcane designs and symbols on it. Sariel recognizes it as an elaborate magical lock, not difficult to open to those versed in arcana, but a time-consuming task.

As Folka moves forward, the speaker twitches a bit. The time to act is coming soon.
>> No. 10150 edit
>>10147

Not willing to give the speaker more time, Myn swiftly strikes at it psychically.

Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against the speaker.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3677982/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3677983/

>> No. 10151 edit
>>10147
Quick as lightning, the giant cat strikes before the speaker knows what hit it.

Battle Pounce to E/F 2/3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3677996/ (23, 16)

>> No. 10152 edit
File 134649976130.png - (558.27KB , 1069x675 , bridgeE.png )
10152
As the warlock calls upon his pact to deliver a potent psionic attack upon the speaker, Torinn's big cat leaps into the air and comes crashing down on the speaker, knocking it over! The combined assaults leave the aberration choking on its own black blood.

The glowing circle gently yet quickly fades away, and there is a crackling sound in the air, like kettle corn popping.

Myn's shared agony hits the cult speaker for 17 psychic damage.
Torinn's battle pounce hits the cult speaker for 16 damage. This also knocks it prone.


Initiative (Surprise Round)
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 29
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-3) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (I-3) 52/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 59/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 28/32 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (H-3) 53/53 HP

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -137 HP (Bloodied), prone

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
>> No. 10153 edit
"Wake up, bastard!"
Ranged basic attack (crit) (18 +5 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3679525/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3679528/

>> No. 10155 edit
Charge to E-4 with monk basic attack
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3679466/
use surprise strike if possible? and flurry of blows but no slide.

>> No. 10157 edit
File 134657287596.png - (564.04KB , 1069x675 , bridgeF.png )
10157
The monk surges forward, slamming into the fallen cultist with heavy force. As the monk's fist descends, it crushes the aberration's throat, and it begins hacking up blood.

Folka charges with monk basic attack for 14 damage, adding on surprise strike and flurry of blows, so the target is dazed until the end of Folka's next turn and takes 4 extra damage.

Initiative (Surprise Round)
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 29
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-3) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (E-4) 52/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 59/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 28/32 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (H-3) 53/53 HP

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -158 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
>> No. 10159 edit
Sariel uses her magic to grant Torinn another strike at the monster.

Direct the Strike to let Torinn attack again.
>> No. 10160 edit
File 129957250348.jpg - (39.58KB , 158x154 , I resent that.jpg )
10160
"This is for the people of Heyl'r!" Torinn screams as his sword swing lands a solid hit on the abomination.
MBA : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3679679/ (25, 12)
>> No. 10161 edit
Audio 40_-_Boss_Battle_2.mp3 - (3.17MB , 40 - Boss Battle 2.mp3 )
10161
With some magical guidance from Sariel, the dragonborn's sword slices into the prone speaker, leaving it looking very, very hurt. It starts to gasp, and speak, saying, "You have--" before the half-orc's magic sword flies through the air and impales the creature directly between the eyes, slashing out some of its brain matter before returning to the ranger's hands. A gurgling sound escapes the creature's maw as it expires.

The rumbling sound you all heard in the background suddenly ceases. In the waters to the west, a monstrous, gray and purple aberrant creature surfaces. It appears to have a head shaped very much like a squid's, though the tentacles resemble that of a gargantuan octopus.

Sariel uses direct the strike, granting Torinn a melee basic attack, which hits for 12 damage.
Sureiya uses a ranged basic attack with his farbond spellblade, critting for 23 damage, which kills the speaker.
A gigantic kraken emerges.

>> No. 10162 edit
File 13466018909.png - (751.20KB , 1069x675 , bridgeG.png )
10162
The kraken makes an unearthly, echoing roar as it spreads its tentacles wide, threatening all enemies within its reach. You all feel the creature's influence spread into your mind, through a form of telepathy--the creature does not communicate to you in any sort of language, but you can feel its raw, unbridled malevolence. You briefly see images of its tentacles constricting around the towers you just emerged from and crushing the walls.

Combat now begins proper.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 29
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-3) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (E-4) 52/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 59/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 28/32 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (H-3) 53/53 HP

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (G/J-7/10), threatening reach

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
A dungeoneering check is required for kraken monster knowledge, since it is an aberrant creature.
>> No. 10163 edit
"Bahamut's breath!" curses Torinn, Rutger growling threateningly at the towering abomination. "That's a kraken!"
Dungeoneering check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3679692/ (10)
>> No. 10166 edit
"A kraken indeed," Sariel intones.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3679822/
>> No. 10168 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
10168
"..."
Sureiya suddenly become silent because of a mysterious reason, however he seem to be pretty used to evil summoned krakens.
Dungeoneering (30) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3679865/
>> No. 10177 edit
File 134664208862.png - (45.00KB , 128x128 , krakensquare.png )
10177
Sureiya: Sureiya knows about krakens. They are aberrant magical beasts that hail from the Far Realms. Despite their animalistic appearance and generally not communicating using language, they are intelligent and sentient beings with exceedingly long lifespans. Many scholars believe that krakens wandered the planes long before mortal life began. Though they are rarely observed, they have been spotted in Toril on numerous occasions, often connected with cult activity.
This particular kind of kraken is hardy and tough, and threatens the entire area around it (it is a level 8 solo soldier, and it possesses threatening reach with melee attacks that reach 3 squares). The kraken's mind is not easily subverted--it tends to attack quickly, and does not slow down as much when affected by afflictions that would slow other creatures down, and flies into a frenzy of attacking when it is injured (the kraken's bloodied frenzy allows it to take an extra minor action on its turn when it is dazed or bloodied). It is an aquatic creature, and can swim very quickly and hide quite well. Its primary method of attack is using its two more powerful tentacles to grasp and crush its enemies (as a standard action, it can use crushing tentacles, a non-basic melee attack that targets 1 or 2 creatures within reach 3 [if it targets a single creature it uses the attack twice against the creature], grabs them on a hit, the kraken can grab up to eight creatures at a time and can sustain all of its grabs with a single minor action, when it does so each creature it is grabbing takes 5 damage). However, perhaps its most deadly attack is its ability to create a long-lasting whirlpool all around it (as a standard action, the kraken uses whirlpool to create a zone in a close burst 3 that lasts until the end of the encounter (recharges if the zone ends for any reason, does not need to be sustained). When the whirlpool appears, all enemies nearby suffer the kraken's wrath (all creatures in the burst are attacked for damage and the kraken slides them). And of course, the whirlpool continues to make it difficult to approach the kraken by normal means (the zone is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures, moves with the kraken and remains centered on it, and any creature that begins its turn in the zone is subject to an attack that, on hit, deals minor damage and slides the target).
The kraken is known for carrying out several manners of attack at once (all of the following attacks are minor actions unless noted otherwise). It will quickly slap at enemies that let their guard down with its smaller, but still deadly tentacles (tentacle slap is its melee basic attack, dealing some damage within reach 3). If there are no enemies nearby, the kraken favors shooting globs of venomous ink at foes (1/round, the kraken can use venom ball, a ranged poison attack that deals poison damage, ongoing damage and blinding the target (save ends), aftereffect: blinded until start of next turn). The kraken is also known to take creatures it has in its deadly grip and toss them around--either at other foes (fling tosses a grabbed enemy at another enemy, breaking the grab, knocking the target prone, and sliding it to a square adjacent to a target, then attacking both targets, on a hit it damages both targets and knocks the other creature prone as well), or plunging them into the water (fatal plunge affects only grabbed creatures that are directly adjacent to the kraken, and allows the kraken to slide the target 3 squares with damage if it hits with the attack, the creature does not get a saving throw for being forced into hindering terrain [read: underwater] with this attack). Finally, the kraken is known to be particularly spiteful, and any creature that escapes its grip is subject to retribution (as a free action, the kraken uses vengeful slap to melee basic attack against an enemy that escapes its grab, twice per round).

>> No. 10178 edit
File 130017450663.png - (58.64KB , 330x443 , kan_defa114.png )
10178
"This Kraken is pretty tough." The ranger says "It can attack from pretty far thanks to his tentacles, and it might know many ways to attack with them. It coud easily grab us, so be careful. It may also be able to create an annoying whirpool, so if you are taking one of these potions, you better stay out of it."
>> No. 10183 edit
Delay turn until after Torinn's
>> No. 10201 edit
File 134669546543.png - (759.00KB , 1069x675 , bridgeG.png )
10201
Folka holds in reserve, waiting for the paladin to act first.

Folka delays.

Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-3) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (E-4) 52/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 59/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 28/32 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (H-3) 53/53 HP

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (G/J-7/10), threatening reach

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
>> No. 10209 edit
"Monk, I have a waterwalking potion in my pack. Use it to engage this... thing!"
>> No. 10210 edit
Sariel considers her options. With time a matter of import, however, she reaches out impulsively, retracting her magic as awkwardly as conjured.

"Sureiya... what else do you know?"

Move: Shift to I-3.
Standard: Expend Encounter Power to do nothing.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3683363/
(Next ally to hit gets +3 to attack rolls until end of their next turn.)

>> No. 10211 edit
File 133969364379.png - (59.41KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria2.png )
10211
"Well, it seems to be quite tough, and it may become more dangerous when it starts to bleed ... besides from that, it maybe be able to throw a poisoning spit. "
>> No. 10212 edit
File 13469121781.png - (758.58KB , 1069x675 , bridgeH.png )
10212
As the eladrin cautious moves south on the bridge, she attempts to use a potent psionic attack to slow down the beast's swim speed--but something distracts her, and its will resists her efforts.

Sariel shifts.
Sariel uses templar's fist on the kraken, but misses. It still gains the effect of templar's fist, granting a bonus to the next ally that hits it.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-3) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (E-4) 52/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 59/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 28/32 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (I-3) 53/53 HP

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (G/J-7/10), threatening reach, templar's fist effect

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
>> No. 10235 edit
Folka takes a swig of one of the potions and charges the kraken


free action:drop the dagger in the main hand (I still get the attack bonuses more from ki focus anyway)
Minor action:take waterwalking potion from Torinn's bag
minor action: drink it
standard action: charge kraken ending at F-6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687254/
If it hits, flurry of blows to slide it 1 square west (lol moving a kraken)

>> No. 10236 edit
File 134712703949.png - (747.24KB , 1069x675 , bridgeI.png )
10236
The monk quickly discards a regular dagger to procure one of the potions from the dragonborn's pack, imbibing to to grant himself the ability to walk on water. He then surges forward, catching one of the kraken's tentacles as it slaps him across the shoulder. However, in a feat of incredibly dexterity, the monk grabs the tentacle and uses the leverage granted to him by the water-walking potion to actually pull the beast closer to the bridge, and its massive head is now close enough to be struck from the bridge, though its tentacles loom threateningly over all of the nearby adventurers now. The aberration groans slightly as its body crashes heavily into the side of the bridge.

Folka drops a dagger, then draws a potion of water-walking from Torinn's pack and drinks it. He then charges the kraken, which provokes an opportunity attack, tentacle slap hits for 9 damage. His charging monk basic attack hits for 12 damage, and his flurry of blows adds 4 extra damage and slides the kraken 1 square.

Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-3) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-6) 43/53 HP, water walking, +3 to attack rolls
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 59/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-2/3) 28/32 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (I-3) 53/53 HP

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (G/J-6/9) -16 HP, threatening reach
Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
>> No. 10239 edit
File 130023651110.png - (15.99KB , 200x200 , blank look.png )
10239
Torinn blocks the kraken's attack with a divine shield, drawing upon his inner willpower to bolster himself against further attacks. Unfortunately, his aim seems to suffer for it, as he is unable to hit it with his breath weapon, a charge directly towards the creature, or an icy attack with his blade.
Immediate Interrupt: Righteous Shield (negate all damage and +2 power bonus to attack rolls)
Minor: Virtue to gain THPs
Minor: Dragon Breath against kraken at G/H/I 4/5/6 (aim for the water) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687279/ (14, 4)
Standard: Charge kraken at G/H 4/5 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687282/ (21,22)
8 radiant damage on miss
Action Point: Chilling Smite vs fortitude http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687283/ (22,29)
half damage on miss

>> No. 10246 edit
File 134713257820.png - (963.44KB , 1069x675 , bridgeJ.png )
10246
Torinn's divine shield helps to buffet the blow intended for Folka, and he then breahtes lightning on the water before him. Though no lightning appears to strike the kraken itself, the beast still shrieks as it is electrocuted by the current anyway. The air smells briefly of seafood before Torinn steels himself with holy resolve, then leaps directly at the kraken, barely noticing a slap from one of the kraken's tentacles, which bruises his side through his steel plate. However, the hit is enough to cause his slice to err, as it is barely deflected off the kraken's exterior. Summoning forth more strength, divine energy crackles around the kraken as the paladin brings down his blade once more, this time attempting to freeze the kraken with cold energy, channeled through his blade. However, the stalwart aberrant resists the magic, though some of its tentacles are coated with frost, and appear to move sluggishly.

The kraken sinks slightly into the water, and a massive whirlpool erupts all around it, even splashing across the bridge as all of the adventurers are caught within and cast about. Quick as lightning, the two largest tentacles the fiend possesses wrap themselves around Torinn and Myn, and the warlock is plunged directly into the water, and Torinn and his moutn are both hurled bodily at the bewildered eladrin, who is knocked over from the force of the dragonborn projectile. The dwarven boots are all that keep Torinn on his feet. Incidentally, the corpse of the speaker is also flung to the side of the bridge.

As Myn regains his senses, he finds himself underwater, being held by one of the kraken's tentacles. Though the water current here is strong, somehow the warlock manages to not get pulled even further away from his "friends."

Torinn uses righteous shield, preventing the damage to Folka and gaining a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of his next turn.
Torinn uses virtue, spending a healing surge to gain 21 temporary hit points.
Torinn uses dragon breath, which misses the kraken but subjects it to his sanction. It also deals 6 lightning damage to the kraken because of environmental damage.
Torinn charges the kraken, and it hits with tentacle slap as an opportunity attack for 15 damage. His melee basic attack with holy smite, which misses for 8 radiant damage.
Torinn spends an action point, gaining a +8 bonus to damage rolls for the attack from Sariel's resourceful presence. He uses chilling smite, which misses for 14 frost damage and the kraken takes a -5 penalty to damage rolls until the end of its turn. Since the attack hit no targets, Torinn gains 7 THP, slightly higher than his remaining value of 6.
The kraken uses whirlpool, hitting everyone but Torinn for 13 damage, actually CRITTING Rutger for 24 damage. The damage on most is reduced to 8 damage, and Rutger takes only 14 damage. Torinn takes 2 damage (reduced from 7). Note that Myn is slid to an adjacent square by this effect.
The kraken spends an action point! The kraken uses crushing tentacles, hitting Torinn and Myn for 19 damage (reduced to 14). Both are grabbed by the kraken (escape DC 16).
As its first minor action, it uses fatal plunge on Myn, which hits for 7 damage (reduced from 12) and slides him 3 squares to elevation -2. Myn is now grabbed and being held underwater by the kraken. The kraken takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance, and this allows Torinn to heal Myn for 7 hit points from healing radiance.
The kraken uses fling, sliding Torinn to J-3. Both Torinn and Sariel are hit for 6 damage and fall prone. Torinn uses his boots to avoid falling prone.
At the start of Myn's turn, the kraken rolls terribly and misses him with the whirlpool attack, but suffers 7 radiant damage from Torinn's divine sanction.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-8, elevation -2) 33/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2, grabbed (escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (D-8) 44/53 HP, water walking, +3 to attack rolls
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-3/4) 50/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (I/J-3/4) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-5) 52/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (K-4) 45/53 HP, prone

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (G/J-6/9) -51 HP, threatening reach, whirlpool

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 10247 edit
Not entirely comfortable drowning in the watery depths, Myn disdainfully places a curse on the offending creature, moreover mentally smashing the concept of infinity into it. The added resistance of the water interferes with his escape attempt, however, and the pressure from the tentacles slowly squeezes the air out of his lungs..


Before turn starts, use Life Siphon from Torinn's damage.

Minor action: Curse Kraken.
Standard action: Cast All the Sand, All the Stars centered at K-8.
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687354/
Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687357/

Move action: Escape grab: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687360/

Endurance check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687374/

>> No. 10249 edit
File 134713487117.png - (960.22KB , 1069x675 , bridgeK.png )
10249
Though he is underwater, and being grasped by one of the fiend's tentacles, Myn lashes back with a vicious curse followed by a potent psychic attack that plunges the kraken's mind into a void of infinite stars. Despite the aberrant creature's nature, it still seems quite affected and distracted by this thought, and its eyes glaze over slightly. However, this isn't sufficient distraction to allow the half-elf's escape, and he gasps as bubbles begin to float to the surface of the water above him.

The half-orc is fortunate to find himself hurled out of the whirlpool itself.

Myn curses the kraken as a minor action.
Myn uses all the sand, all the stars, which hits the kraken for 16 psychic damage, and it is dazed until the end of Myn's next turn.
Myn fails to escape, then begins to drown (loses 1 healing surge to failed Endurance check).


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-8, elevation -2) 37/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2, grabbed (escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (D-8) 44/53 HP, water walking, +3 to attack rolls
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-3/4) 50/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (I/J-3/4) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-5) 52/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (K-4) 45/53 HP, prone

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (G/J-6/9) -67 HP, threatening reach, whirlpool, dazed, sanctioned, cursed (Myn)

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 10251 edit
File 134713695973.png - (202.64KB , 325x299 , pleasepretendtheresaboatnear.png )
10251
"Stay strong Myn!" Concerned by the life of his precious friend, Sureiya moves (not forgetting to throw the sunrod in his left hand first, and taking his harmony blade).
Glarring at his enemy, Sureiya walk through the border of the bridge, and then says
"Anyone saw which tentacle is grabbing him?" before unleashing at least four attacks.

Free action: Drop the sunrod
Free action (from quick hands): Take my Harmony blade +1
Minor action: Glare at the Kraken because I hate him (Hunter's quarry)
Move action: Move to K-5
Standard action: Lashing leaves against the Kraken! (Until the end of my next turn, the Kraken takes 2 extra damage whenever it's hit) (15 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687398/
Free action: Action point! Jaws of the wolf against the Kraken! (one hit for 31 and other for 22 damage!) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687404/
Free action: Furious assault! (and hunter's quarry) (that's other 13 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687406/

>> No. 10256 edit
File 134713981265.png - (1.23MB , 1069x675 , bridgeL.png )
10256
The half-orc quickly drops the illuminating sunrod haphazardly on the ground, and draws his second blade. He wades into the roughly waist-high whirlpool fearlessly to confront the kraken head-on, and with a relentless series of cuts, carves vicious wounds in the beast's flank. Green blood spurts all over the ground nearby and mixes in with the water swirling around the beast, and though it makes no audible noises this time, you can all hear it screech psychically through telepahty. It fixes its eyes on the half-orc, though they still appear somewhat glazed over from the warlock's spell.

Sariel is whipped and dragged across the ground with heavy force by the current of the whirlpool, and comes to a rather painful half on the rubble at the edge of the bridge. Though perhaps the pain is preferable to having actually gone over the edge...

Sureiya drops his sunrod and takes out his other sword.
Sureiya sets his quarry on the kraken. Sureiya moves up through the difficult terrain.
Sureiya uses lashing leaves, which misses once and hits once for 25 damage (including furious assault and quarry).
Sureiya spends an action point! Gaining a bonus to damage rolls, his jaws of the wolf hits twice for 41 damage and 32 damage. The kraken is not quite bloodied.
At the start of Sariel's turn, the whirlpool hits her for 5 damage and slides her 2 squares. It attempts to slide her into the water but the save is successful.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-8, elevation -2) 37/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2, grabbed (escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (D-8) 44/53 HP, water walking, +3 to attack rolls
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-3/4) 50/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (I/J-3/4) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-5) 52/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-5) 40/53 HP, prone
Sunrod (N-5): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (G/J-6/9) -168 HP, threatening reach, whirlpool, dazed, sanctioned, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's Quarry, takes 2 extra damage from attacks

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 10257 edit
Sariel glowers at the monster with magic, then quickly rolls away, not quite eager to remain in the whirlpool.

"Sureiya, attack it again!" the eladrin yells.


Standard Action: Fettering Glare
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687443/

Move Action: Crawl to I-2.

Minor Action: Adaptive Stratagem for Sureiya, +5 to damage, +3 to accuracy.

Free Action: Action Point! Destructive Surprise on Sureiya, Sureiya may take a Free Action to shift 2 squares and use a STR-based 3[W] + STR damage or DEX-based 3[W] + DEX damage attack against one creature.

>> No. 10260 edit
Getting strenght from Sariel's words, Sureiya attack for a fifth time.
That's not how fettering works, so its a miss http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3687445/
>> No. 10261 edit
File 134714253032.png - (1.32MB , 1069x675 , bridgeM.png )
10261
Even while in the midst of a whirlpool and lying flat on the ground, Sariel manages enough focus to issue a potent psionic glare towards the kraken. This time, her will proves strong enough to overcome the kraken's, and it makes a gurgling sound as its body noticeably sags into the water. Though it initially sends another gentle wave over the bridge, the whirlpool's depth seems to lessen slightly, as if its attacks will be slightly less intense with the kraken in this position. Shouting a quick series of orders to Sureiya, the eladrin then calls upon her fey heritage to teleport out of reach of the kraken's tentacles just as the half-orc swings his blade with great might. However, though he does draw more of the gargantuan fiend's blood, the cut seems somewhat shallow, as if the creature's thick hide had successfully prevented his blade from hitting anything vital.

However, the beast is now looking very wounded, and though Folka is caught up in the harsh current of the whirlpool and drawn further away from his comrades, it looks as though the fight is more than halfway over already.

Sariel's fettering glare hits the kraken for 21 psychic damage and knocks it prone. It also gains the effect of fettering glare until an ally hits it and deals damage to it. This bloodies the kraken.
Sariel uses fey step to teleport.
Sariel spends an action point! Sariel uses destructive surprise, but Sureiya's attack misses for 18 damage.
At the start of Folka's turn, he is hit by the whirlpool attack for 5 damage, and it slides him 2 squares.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-8, elevation -2) 37/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2, grabbed (escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (E-10) 39/53 HP, water walking, +3 to attack rolls
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-3/4) 50/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (I/J-3/4) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-5) 52/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 40/53 HP, prone
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (G/J-6/9) -207 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, dazed, sanctioned, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's Quarry, takes 2 extra damage from attacks, fettering gaze effect, prone

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 10270 edit
"It's just like my old master said. Either you get busy dyin', or you get crackin'."


Move Action:Drunken Monkey movement technique to G-10 (+2 to all defenses against opportunity attacks, ignore difficult terrain)
Minor Action:Draw dagger, putting it in main hand
Standard Action:Drunken Monkey vs Kraken's will (probably a bad idea since will is probably high?)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3688452/
I sincerely doubt that's a hit (dammit dicetroller), but if it is, have the Kraken attack itself with one of its tentacles (if possible! from the Drunken Monkey attack) and Flurry of blows to slide it 1 square north.

Action point(Because why not):Open the Gate of Battle vs Kraken's reflex
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3688465/
If the previous attack didn't hit, flurry of blows to slide the kraken one square north, if it did, I unno.

>> No. 10273 edit
File 134721818385.png - (1.24MB , 1069x675 , bridgeM.png )
10273
For a moment, it appears as if the monk's focus disappears and he staggers forward in an apparently drunken daze, though the facade is just that, as it becomes quite clear that Folka is still quite able to strike as he does so against the kraken with great prejudice. Unfortunately, the wily aberrant is too clever to be tricked, and deflects the blow with one if its tentacles.

Not one to be outwitted, Folka again seizes the beast by the tentacle, and with all of his might, turns the momentum of the creature's parry to his advantage, somehow managing to haul the massive beast upwards and slamming it again heavily against the bridge. Even as he does so, the tentacle grasping Myn releases the warlock, leaving him floundering a short distance underwater.

Torinn's mount finds itself caught in the current of the whirlpool, though its magic saddle protects it from injury.

Folka moves using the drunken monkey movement technique, ignoring difficult terrain. No OAs since the kraken is dazed. Folka also draws a dagger.
Folka uses drunken monkey but misses the kraken.
Folka spends an action point! Folka uses open the gate of battle, which hits for 25 damage (+8 damage from Sariel's resourceful presence), and his centered breath flurry of blows deals another 4 damage and slides it 1 square. This breaks the grab on Myn.
Myn should review the rules for swimming, I posted them in the notes at the bottom.
The kraken's whirlpool misses Torinn but hits Rutger, the damage is completely prevented by resistance but he is still slid 2 squares (not eligible for belt since it doesn't move you further away).


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-8, elevation -2) 37/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (G-10) 39/53 HP, water walking, can roll twice for next attack roll and use either result
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-3/4) 50/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-3/4) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-5) 52/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 40/53 HP, prone
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (F/I-6/9) -234 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, dazed, sanctioned, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's Quarry, takes 2 extra damage from attacks, prone

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
Swimming outside the whirlpool is calm water (DC 10 Athletics). Swimming inside the whirlpool is stormy water (DC 20 Athletics). You must make the check in order to move through water, and failing the check by 5 or more causes you to sink 1 square.
>> No. 10275 edit
"We got him now," Torinn cheers, Rutger leaping back into action. The tiger snarls threateningly at the giant squid, Torinn spearing it with light as he slices into it. He looks tired, but the kraken is immediately much worse off as its movements become extremely lethargic and weak.
Move to H/I 4/5
Standard : Valiant Strike + Holy Smite : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3688604/ (35,18) dazed
Free: Spend healing surge to weaken Kraken until the end of my next turn

>> No. 10279 edit
File 134722856778.png - (1.24MB , 1069x675 , bridgeN.png )
10279
Torinn rides his tiger back, deep into the whirlpool, engaging the monstrous kraken at close range. With a quick, clean slice of his blade, he channels both divine energy into the aberrant as well as a sickening weakness born of the power contained within the weapon.

The kraken reels and makes a startling squealing sound as it lashes back, wrapping its too largest tentacles around the dragonborn and the half-orc, intending to crush them with what little strength it has left.

Torinn moves.
Torinn uses valiant strike, which hits for 14 damage plus 6 radiant damage from holy smite. Torinn uses the power of his weapon of sacrifice, so the kraken is dazed and weakened until the end of his next turn.
The kraken uses crushing tentacles, hitting Torrin and Sureiya for 14 damage (reduced to 7). You may wish to use triggered actions here, dunno? Gonna make a temporary pause here to see if you guys wanna do your interrupts, like disruptive strike/powerful warning/shield of devotion.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-8, elevation -2) 37/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (G-10) 39/53 HP, water walking, can roll twice for next attack roll and use either result
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 43/64 HP, grabbed (escape DC 16)
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-5) 45/60 HP, grabbed (escape DC 16)
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 40/53 HP, prone
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (F/I-6/9) -254 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, dazed, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's Quarry, takes 2 extra damage from attacks, prone, weakened

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
Swimming outside the whirlpool is calm water (DC 10 Athletics). Swimming inside the whirlpool is stormy water (DC 20 Athletics). You must make the check in order to move through water, and failing the check by 5 or more causes you to sink 1 square.
>> No. 10280 edit
Shield of Devotion to heal Sureiya 4 HP and gain a +2 power bonus to my next attack roll
>> No. 10281 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
10281
disruptive strike to stop the attack (miss) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3688753/
>> No. 10282 edit
File 134724057238.png - (1.24MB , 1069x675 , bridgeO.png )
10282
Sureiya attempts to block the kraken's tentacles with his own thrown sword, but it doesn't deter the mosntrosity one bit, and before the half-orc realizes what is happening, the beast hurls him through the air and right into the water, where he smashes right into the half-elf, knocking both of the unfortunate adventurers off-balance. Torinn's radiance does sear a black mark on the aberrant's hide, however, and restores a bit of vitality to Sureiya in the process. Myn, however, is still in trouble, completely turned around and in the water--he'll have to right himself before he can even think about swimming to the surface.

Sureiya's disruptive strike misses the kraken.
Torinn's shield of devotion heals Sureiya, allowing him to regain 4 hit points. Torinn gets a +2 power bonus to next attack roll against the kraken.
The kraken uses an action point! The kraken "stands" from prone.
The kraken uses fling on Sureiya, taking 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance. Sureiya fails his save for being forced into hindering terrain. The fling hits both Myn and Sureiya for 4 damage (reduced from 9).


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-8, elevation -2) 33/55 HP, darkspiral aura 2, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (G-10) 39/53 HP, water walking, can roll twice for next attack roll and use either result
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 43/64 HP, grabbed (escape DC 16), +2 power bonus to next attack roll against the kraken
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-7, elevation -1) 52/60 HP, prone
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 40/53 HP, prone
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (F/I-6/9) -261 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, dazed, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's Quarry, takes 2 extra damage from attacks, weakened

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
Swimming outside the whirlpool is calm water (DC 10 Athletics). Swimming inside the whirlpool is stormy water (DC 20 Athletics). You must make the check in order to move through water, and failing the check by 5 or more causes you to sink 1 square.
>> No. 10283 edit
Myn stops drowning and stops hitting.

Move action: Stand up (somehow).
Move action: Move to P-5.
Athletics check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3689078/
Minor action: Cast Fey Bargain.
(AP)Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Kraken.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3689091/

>> No. 10284 edit
File 134731455689.png - (1.53MB , 1069x675 , bridgeP.png )
10284
The warlock manages to right himself and swim to shore, but even a quick bargain with the fey lords that are no doubt keeping a watchful eye over his adventure here isn't enough to empower his darkworms sufficiently to affect the kraken in any meaningful way.

Sureiya manages to not get caught in the deadly current, and Torinn's radiance sears the aberrant monstrosity.

Myn "stands" from prone.
Myn swims to the bridge, succeeding his athletics check.
Myn uses fey bargain.
Myn misses with darkworm feast. Missing every target grants him 6 temporary hit points from resourceful presence.
The kraken's whirlpool misses Sureiya, and it takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-5) 33/55 HP +6 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (G-10) 39/53 HP, water walking, can roll twice for next attack roll and use either result
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 43/64 HP, grabbed (escape DC 16), +2 power bonus to next attack roll against the kraken
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-7, elevation -1) 52/60 HP, prone
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 40/53 HP, prone
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (F/I-6/9) -268 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, dazed, Sureiya's Quarry, takes 2 extra damage from attacks, weakened

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
Swimming outside the whirlpool is calm water (DC 10 Athletics). Swimming inside the whirlpool is stormy water (DC 20 Athletics). You must make the check in order to move through water, and failing the check by 5 or more causes you to sink 1 square.
>> No. 10285 edit
File 134731706025.png - (76.41KB , 331x342 , ippo.png )
10285
Still surprised by the Kraken's attack, the ranger regain his composure and barely manages to swim to the bridge. Not scared of the dazed creature, Sureiya attempts to attack it again.
Minor action: "stand up"?
Movement action: Swim to J-5 (20) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3690128/
Standard action: Twin strike! (miss) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3690141/

>> No. 10292 edit
Sariel lifts herself off the ground, barking a quick, "Die for me!" to the Kraken.

Move: Stand.
Standard: Fearsome Command, hitting only Kraken.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3690676/

Crit: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3690677/

Total: 25 damage.

>> No. 10297 edit
File 134737867874.png - (1.53MB , 1069x675 , bridgeQ.png )
10297
Sureiya calls upon the power of his magic boots to right himself in the water, and desperately swims to surface just in time to lash out with a pair of off-balance attacks, which unfortunately are too inaccurate to cause any real damage to the aberrant's thick exterior.

Sariel is more fortunate, standing up before whispering a single word of command. This single word nevertheless causes the creature to tremble and thrash in psionic agony, as the eladrin's will proves to again be stronger than that of the kraken's. The monstrosity doesn't seem as if it will be able to swim as far in this state, trembling and thrashing about in place as it is.

Folka manages to remain in place, even as the water crashes into him with heavy force. The paladin's aura continues to burn away at the kraken's flesh in retribution.

Sureiya stands as a minor action using acrobat boots.
Sureiya swims and climbs back up onto the bridge.
Sureiya uses twin strike but misses twice.
Sariel stands.
Sariel uses fearsome command, which crits the kraken for 25 psychic damage and it is slowed until the end of her next turn. In addition, the next ally that hits it automatically succeeds on a save made before the end of its next turn.
The kraken misses Folka with its whirlpool and suffers 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-5) 33/55 HP +6 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (G-10) 39/53 HP, water walking, can roll twice for next attack roll and use either result
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 43/64 HP, grabbed (escape DC 16), +2 power bonus to next attack roll against the kraken
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-5) 52/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 40/53 HP
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (F/I-6/9) -300 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, dazed, Sureiya's Quarry, weakened, slowed

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
Swimming outside the whirlpool is calm water (DC 10 Athletics). Swimming inside the whirlpool is stormy water (DC 20 Athletics). You must make the check in order to move through water, and failing the check by 5 or more causes you to sink 1 square.
>> No. 10304 edit
Clearly not affected by the Kraken's attempts, Folka continues to attack the kraken with ease.


Standard Action:Wind through the willows (Close blast 3) vs the kraken's reflex. (Placement should be on the bottom right area of the kraken, I think, if I can choose? It's a 3x3 square I think, if not close enough.)
If it hits, kraken is slowed and cannot charge (not that I think it would try.)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3692996/
Move Action:Use the movement technique but only shift 1 square south of where I am now. (Gain boots of the fencing master defensive bonus)
Free Action:Flurry of Blows, don't slide I guess?

>> No. 10305 edit
File 134750570268.png - (1.53MB , 1069x675 , bridgeR.png )
10305
Folka braces himself, then surges forward a short distance, laying into the kraken with a flurry of punches as he does so. Even as he comes to a halt, hovering over the water, his image appears slightly blurred--the magic boots he is wearing are granting him additional agility.

The kraken is looking very very wounded, and its whirlpool pushes the paladin away from the flailing aberrant, but Torinn's magic belt grants him dwarven solidarity, and the mount's claws dig into the bridge, preventing him from being pushed back too far. He still has the tentacle wrapped around his body, however.

Folka's wind through the willows hits the kraken for 19 damage, plus an extra 4 damage from flurry of blows. It's also slowed and cannot charge until the end of his next turn.
Folka uses the movement technique to shift 1 square south.
Torinn is hit by whirlpool for 5 damage, and though the kraken tries to slide him 2 squares back its reduced to 1 square by the belt of the dwarven defender.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-5) 33/55 HP +6 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-10) 39/53 HP, water walking, +1 to AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 38/64 HP, grabbed (escape DC 16), +2 power bonus to next attack roll against the kraken
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-5) 52/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 40/53 HP
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (F/I-6/9) -323 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, dazed, Sureiya's Quarry, weakened, slowed and cannot charge

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
Swimming outside the whirlpool is calm water (DC 10 Athletics). Swimming inside the whirlpool is stormy water (DC 20 Athletics). You must make the check in order to move through water, and failing the check by 5 or more causes you to sink 1 square.
>> No. 10308 edit
Torinn glares at the kraken before breaking free of its grip like shredding through tissue paper. Rutger roars in anger and charges in, taking a big bite out of the the kraken's face.
Don't undo slide
Athletics to break grab : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3693065/ (24)
Charge adjacent with bite : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3693061/ (24, 13)

>> No. 10309 edit
File 134757564950.png - (1.53MB , 1069x675 , bridgeS.png )
10309
Torinn struggles against the kraken's vise-like grip, and it takes him a bit longer than he would expect to wriggle his way free.

Tentacles burst from the watery depths as the kraken shakes off several debilitating effects, and surge towards the nearest two enemies.

Torinn doesn't use the boots power to reduce the slide, and tries to escape once but fails. He tries again and successfully escapes. (The +20 modifier to Athletics is actually +10).
The kraken uses crushing tentacles, hitting both Sureiya and Folka. I need to know which one you'll use powerful warning on.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-5) 33/55 HP +6 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-10) 39/53 HP, water walking, +1 to AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-2/3) 38/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-2/3) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-5) 52/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 40/53 HP
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (F/I-6/9) -323 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, Sureiya's Quarry, slowed and cannot charge

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
Swimming outside the whirlpool is calm water (DC 10 Athletics). Swimming inside the whirlpool is stormy water (DC 20 Athletics). You must make the check in order to move through water, and failing the check by 5 or more causes you to sink 1 square.
>> No. 10312 edit
Sariel assists Sureiya.

Powerful Warning for Sureiya.
>> No. 10313 edit
As the Wizard's magic attempts to aid the Ranger, he retaliates with an attack.
Unless I get CA from flanking this looks like a miss (20,19) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3694520/
>> No. 10316 edit
File 134766012414.png - (1.52MB , 1069x675 , bridgeT.png )
10316
Though Sariel gives Sureiya adequate warning for the kraken's attack, he is still wrapped in the fiendish creature's tentacles, as is the monk. Sureiya makes a feeble counter-attack with his bastard sword, but hacking at the tentacle does no good. He tries again, this time aiming for the body, but the kraken's thick hide buffets away the strike as it plunges Folka into the depths. The aberrant grows weary of the ranger's persistant attacks, and hurls him bodily at the nearby paladin, scoring a rather strong hit, completely knocking the paladin off his giant feline mount. Sureiya lands on his head as he hits the ground, and looks badly wounded, but even as he coughs up a little blood, fire burns in his half-orc eyes. Torinn is also looking quite wounded as he crashes heavily into the ground nearby. Even as both of them fall, the creature leans backwards, and expels a bolt of black, ichor-like venom at the eladrin, who finds herself coated in the horrific substance. Sariel's skin burns and her vision grows dim, as the venomous coating takes effect.

The kraken looks to have reasserted its presence now, and its tentacles again threaten any who try to get too close.

Sariel uses powerful warning on Sureiya, but the attack still hits. Both Sureiya and Folka are hit for 12 damage, and are grabbed (escape DC 16).
Sureiya's melee basic attack (powerful warning) misses the kraken.
The kraken uses fatal plunge on Folka, and Sureiya's melee basic attack from battle awareness also misses ( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3695242/ ). Folka is hit for 12 damage and plunged underwater.
The kraken uses fling, critting Sureiya for 13 damage and hitting Torinn for 9 damage. Both are knocked prone.
As its third minor action, it uses venom ball, hitting Sariel for 5 poison damage. Sariel takes ongoing 5 poison damage and is blinded (save ends both).


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-5) 33/55 HP +6 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-11, elevation -3) 15/53 HP (Bloodied), water walking, +1 to AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-2) 32/64 HP (Bloodied), prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-2/3) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-3) 27/60 HP (Bloodied) +5 THP, prone
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 35/53 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and blinded (save ends both)
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (F/I-6/9) -323 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, Sureiya's Quarry, slowed and cannot charge

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
Swimming outside the whirlpool is calm water (DC 10 Athletics). Swimming inside the whirlpool is stormy water (DC 20 Athletics). You must make the check in order to move through water, and failing the check by 5 or more causes you to sink 1 square.
>> No. 10317 edit
>>10316

Carefully moving around the whirlpool, Myn makes use of his chance to experience dry land by soundly striking at the kraken with a flame-enhanced blast of magic.

Move action: Move to L-2.
Minor action: Curse Kraken.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Kraken.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3695284/
Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3695285/

>> No. 10318 edit
File 134766243240.png - (1.52MB , 1069x675 , bridgeU.png )
10318
As Myn fires a bolt of eldritch energy from his finger, it erupts in fiery energy, and strikes the kraken rather directly. The creature is briefly engulfed in flames, and screams horribly as it writhes about in pain.

Though the kraken is very nearly dead, Sureiya is tossed about in the whirlpool, perilously close to the edge.

Myn moves and curses the kraken.
Myn uses eldritch blast, hitting the kraken for 16 damage plus 15 fire damage because of his gloves power.
Sureiya is hit by whirlpool for 5 damage, and is slid 2 squares.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 23-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Summoned Kraken (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 12

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-2) 33/55 HP +6 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-11, elevation -3) 15/53 HP (Bloodied), water walking, +1 to AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-2) 32/64 HP (Bloodied), prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-2/3) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (E-4) 27/60 HP (Bloodied), prone
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 35/53 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and blinded (save ends both)
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Enemies
Cult Speaker: (D-3) -193 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed DEAD
Summoned Kraken (F/I-6/9) -351 HP (Bloodied), threatening reach, whirlpool, Sureiya's Quarry, slowed and cannot charge

Notes
The edges of the bridge are difficult terrain.
The water is a 5-foot drop off of the edge of the bridge and is of unknown depth. If you are for any reason in a water-filled square you are swimming.
The summoned kraken has threatening reach. It can make opportunity attacks against creatures within 3 squares.
In a stenous situation, a creature holding its breath underwater must make a DC 20 Endurance check at the end of its turn during any round in which it took damage. If it fails, it loses a healing surge.
If you begin your turn in the kraken's whirlpool, it makes a no action attack against you. On a hit, you take some minor damage and are slid 2 squares. All of the squares in the whirlpool are difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
Swimming outside the whirlpool is calm water (DC 10 Athletics). Swimming inside the whirlpool is stormy water (DC 20 Athletics). You must make the check in order to move through water, and failing the check by 5 or more causes you to sink 1 square.
>> No. 10319 edit
Angry by his inability to stop the Kraken, Sureiya stand up again and doesn't give up.
Stand up, move and kill that bastard with Twin Strike (17 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3695388/
>> No. 10320 edit
File 134767204182.png - (1.39MB , 1069x675 , bridgeV.png )
10320
Sureiya climbs to his feet with the power of his boots, and though the kraken lashes out with a tentacle as he approaches, the half-orc takes the opportunity to leap onto the tentacle, run along it, and leap right onto the kraken's body, jamming his blade directly in the beast's forehead. It thrashes, squeals, and then goes completely limp in the water, very clearly dead. Its black blood fills the surrounding water, and its tentacle on Folka releases its grip.

Though Folka is still underwater and struggling to maintain his breath, he can probably easily swim to the surface before it becomes a problem. Sariel has to deal with her poison, however.

Sureiya stands, and moves, provoking an OA from the kraken which misses. Sureiya misses once with twin strike and hits once, dealing 17 damage and killing the kraken (it had exactly 368 HP).
Sariel takes ongoing 5 poison damage.


Final Statistics (Pending some post-Initiative Actions)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-2) 33/55 HP +6 HP, darkspiral aura 4, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-11, elevation -3) 15/53 HP (Bloodied), water walking, +1 to AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-2) 32/64 HP (Bloodied), prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-2/3) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-5) 27/60 HP (Bloodied)
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 30/53 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and blinded (save ends both)
Sunrod (O-4): If it gets caught in the whirlpool it might be flung into the water!

Notes
Sariel still needs to save against poison, taking 5 ongoing poison damage at the start of her turn.
Folka needs to succeed on a DC10 Athletics check to avoid possibly losing a surge to a DC20 Endurance check, but he has two chances and a +8 mod so I don't expect trouble.
>> No. 10324 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
10324
Exhausted, the ranger is worried about Sariel and Folka.
"You two, are you alright?"
>> No. 10325 edit
Sariel expunges the poison with impunity.

"Time to gather 'round." So saying, she plants her Battle Standard.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3697478/
>> No. 10326 edit
File 134781295767.png - (1.01MB , 1069x675 , bridgeW.png )
10326
In the interest of speeding things up, I'm just gonna assume Folka doesn't roll a 1 twice in a row, that's the only way he could fail.

Sariel easily overcomes the kraken's poison, and the adventurers gather around the battle standard, surprisingly nonchalant about having killed an gargantuan aberrant monstrosity from the Far Realms.
>> No. 10327 edit
File 134781318691.jpg - (589.36KB , 1024x1328 , mii.jpg )
10327
"That went fairly well," Torinn says, grinning in spite of his wounds. Not bound to lead its master around for the moment, Rutger sniffs at the giant aberrant and attempts to eat one of the tentacles.
Spend one healing surge, see what happens etc
>> No. 10330 edit
File 134785524567.png - (20.61KB , 128x128 , battlecat.png )
10330
Rutger gnaws on one of the tentacles briefly, before apparently deciding it doesn't like the taste. At that moment almost precisely, the kraken's body begins to dissolve into black smoke, as the spell that bound it to this world begins to dissipate.
>> No. 10332 edit
Attempting to dry himself off, Myn finds the least-moist patch of land to take a seat and rest.

Spend one healing surge.
>> No. 10335 edit
Sariel dispenses two quick spells of vitality, mending the worst of both Folka and Sureiya's wounds.

"Given more time, I could see to the rest. However, I can do so only if we have the time to spare," the eladrin considers.

Inspiring Word for Folka and Sureiya. 2d6+5 means +13 HP on top of their surge value.
>> No. 10337 edit
File 134792321561.png - (0.99MB , 1069x675 , bridgeX.png )
10337
After a few inspiring spells cast by Sariel, Sureiya and Folka are magically infused with vitality, and the rest of the party feels as if they regained some resilience thanks to the battle standard. However, more rest will be required to be in fighting shape again.

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-2) 35/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-4) 43/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I-2) 34/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 16/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-4) 57/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 37/53 HP
>> No. 10338 edit
"The rest looks still a bit injured. I don't mind waiting for a while" the ranger says.
>> No. 10339 edit
>>10335
"They have nowhere to run, so I don't mind waiting."
>> No. 10348 edit
File 134792321561.png - (0.99MB , 1069x675 , bridgeX.png )
10348
The group spends a little extra time magically patching up their wounds. Though the door to the north is locked, it should be a simple task for Sariel or Sureiya to bypass it with some time.


Stats
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-2) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-4) 46/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I-2) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-4/5) 19/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-2) 53/53 HP
>> No. 10350 edit
File 129988119241.png - (3.96KB , 175x169 , sakutarou_hehg.png )
10350
Refreshed and reinvigorated, Torinn strides up to the door. Finding it locked, he recalls the Arcanimus gave him something useful for this very thing, and pulls it out of his pack.

It's a simple looking chime with a stick attached by some string. But Torinn strikes it purposefully and the tone resonates within the door.


Use Chime of Opening vs. all possible DCs on the door required to open it and remove traps : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3701355/ (29)
>> No. 10353 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10353
The chime of opening opens the door handily. However, it takes about 30 seconds for the runes keeping the door locked to fully disappear. As soon as they do, the door raises upwards, revealing a small, circular chamber similar to the one you just came from. Inside is a spiral staircase, leading upwards (it does not appear this one goes down). The room is smooth, polished marble-like stone, similar to the composition of the other building and the wizard's tower, but these walls are painted with fantastic murals. The colors and designs are those recognized by Sariel as of fey origin. The colors, mostly shades of blue and green, indicate the Court of Coral. The design is heavily stylized, so it's impossible to say what it could represent at a glance, but a more thorough examination might reveal more (including a history check).
>> No. 10354 edit
>>10353
Torinn steps forward and takes a moment to analyze the artistry. Surely someone with his background knows a little about it.
History check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3701570/ (18)
>> No. 10355 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
10355
"Hmm, this pattern looks slightly familiar ..."
Perception (25) History (22) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3701750/
>> No. 10356 edit
So keenly aware of everything arcane, Sariel glances at the mural in an attempt to pry whatever arcane knowledge she can from the patterns.

I spoke to it of secrets and my legend, and the mural responded.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3701886/

>> No. 10357 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
10357
Sariel, Sureiya, and Torinn all believe this depicts the life of an eladrin mage. This mage was shown both of holding great power, and yet it seemed that great misfortune always followed him as well. At a young age, it was said that this mage had prophetic visions in his dreams, and they nearly always came true. These visions were often ruinous and destructive in nature. For a time he was cast out, and wandered the Feywild, leaving destruction in his wake. However, eventually, the Court of Coral sought to understand his visions, and in particular was awed by his magical control over water and aquatic creatures. Eventually he became skilled as a powerful psychic, and he is the one who warned the elders of Heyl'r of the coming catastrophe, giving the city's mages enough time to use a ward to protect the city.

Sariel knows that the mage's name was Hemah.
>> No. 10358 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
10358
"Yes, I might have heard of this before. A powerful mage with a terrible curse."
>> No. 10359 edit
File 129729837849.jpg - (33.37KB , 144x160 , ooooo.jpg )
10359
Torinn closes his eyes and recites a short passage from a piece of writing he'd read before.

"Ruin always followed the seaman fey mage,
who held visions of the future from a young age.
Though the Court took him back,
his prophecies colored black,
and his warnings their tempers he assuaged.
"

With all that said, the dragonborn continues onto the stairs, calling out, "We still have a ways to go. Let's get crackin'."
>> No. 10360 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10360
The inside of this tower is illuminated, so the sunrod is no longer needed. Runes inscribed in the walls provide light, but in addition, there are also some glowing potted plants that have been placed as decoration. As the group proceeds up the stairs, they find that they end about two stories up, and a short hallway heads northward before ending in another one of the gate-like doors. This one does not appear to be locked.
>> No. 10364 edit
File 130017450663.png - (58.64KB , 330x443 , kan_defa114.png )
10364
Saving the now useless sunrod in his bag of holding. Sureiya examines the hallway, walks toward the door and attempts to listen if someone is on the other side of the door.
Perception check: (32) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3704694/
>> No. 10366 edit
File 13483241365.png - (30.35KB , 128x128 , elf ghost.png )
10366
As Sureiya searches the door, he finds nothing out of the ordinary--well, not on the door, anyways. Looking around, he does see something strange directly above the door. It appears to be an outline, or silhouette, of an eladrin... and then, as it moves, Sureiya realizes it's not part of the architecture.

Indeed, it appears to be a spectral, ghostly eladrin figure, moving out of the section of the wall directly above the gate-like door, towards the party. Its pace is not threatening, it is slow and deliberate, and the expression on the ghost's face is one of curiosity. The ghost appears to be of a male eladrin, with white hair and a short beard. Though he appears to be wearing some sort of spectral robe, his body dissolves into a sort of ghostly trail at the waist, so he possesses no legs and simply glides along the air at you. So far it is silent, but it is somewhat startling to Sureiya.

The appropriate check for ghost knowledge is religion.
>> No. 10367 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
10367
Noticing the Eladrin/ghost/thing reacted to his presence, the ranger attempts to talk to it. "You, are you the same Eladrin from walls?"
Religion check: (19) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3705656/
>> No. 10368 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10368
Sureiya: You know that ghosts are the physical manifestation of wandering spirits of the deceased. They typically linger in the world because of unfinished tasks or agendas they need to fulfill, though some are artificially created by potent curses or other forms of magic. However the ghost came into existence, it can inflict physical change on the world, despite being ethereal, and therefore able to pass through solid objects (taking half damage from most forms of attack). Permanently removing a ghost is no small task, they usually reform some time after being killed. Some form of ritual magic may be used to banish a ghost to its afterlife, if its ghostly shell has been destroyed. Ghost are not innately hostile, however, they don't have a good reputation among mortals.

The ghost regards Sureiya with a look of slightly disdainful confusion, replying, "From the walls? How do you mean?" As he hovers in front of and slightly above the group, the ghostly eladrin sweeps his gaze over the assembled party, then asks, "You're not with those horrible illithids, are you?"
>> No. 10369 edit
>>10368
"Erm... No. We're here to bury them for what they've done. You?"
ghost lore : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3705790/ (10)
>> No. 10370 edit
Sariel stares at the ghost somewhat dully.

"You are not with these abominations yourself, are you? What cause keeps you?"

I know my ghoast.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3705829/

>> No. 10371 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
10371
Sariel: Sariel knows everything that Sureiya knows, and also recognizes this particular kind of spirit. It is not a harmful spirit, and probably a soul that chose to remain in this world via a potent spell. It is bound to a specific place, item, or person, and cannot stray too far. Though it can manipulate objects, it has no other special ability to fight, and thus does not pose a significant threat.

The ghost gives Torinn only the briefest look before regarding Sariel with a respectful nod. He speaks with a voice that is deep and gravelly, and also has a bit of an echo: "By Selune, no! I am Archeunis, keeper of the archives. For centuries I have safeguarded these vast collections of knowledge," the ghost spreads his hands in a somewhat apologetic gesture, "and yet now they lie despoiled by those horrid creatures. I am bound only by my desire to assist others in using the knowledge collected here to better each other and the world."
>> No. 10372 edit
Sariel crosses her arms and inquires, "You would not happen to have any knowledge regarding the good captain that's survived, nor of any potential weaknesses these creatures possess, do you?"

She decides not to speak of Hemah just yet.
>> No. 10373 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10373
The ghostly eladrin looks a bit sad as he says, "I'm afraid I cannot leave the archives, so the activities of any survivors are unknown to me. There are no eladrin survivors in the archives, save one Savenoul, who has been twisted by one of those illithid's corrupt experiments, and possibly Hemah, though I cannot enter the depths because of the wards placed down there."

He does perk up a bit after that though, explaining, "Though I do not know of any of the creatures' weak points off-hand, I can assist you in an attempt to find relevant lore, or lead you to the scrying station used for archive security, to locate and monitor the one illithid that has remained here."
>> No. 10374 edit
"Hemah? Oh right, that's the name of the mage the elves mentioned."
"So this Hemah is still around? Hmm, do you have any idea of what is he doing here? Or why did he betray the Coral?"
>> No. 10375 edit
File 134836931265.png - (785.49KB , 1069x675 , archivesA.png )
10375
The ghost slowly shakes his head in an annoyed manner and says, "Only Hemah knows his motives, to my knowledge. I can, however, tell you that many of his companions were researching the Far Realms shortly before we were overrun by those illithids. I believe they suspected that Hemah had some sort of pact with one or more beings from the Far Realms, and that his sanity had deteriorated. It is my understanding that they were making plans to confront him about it when they were killed."

He then gestures towards the door, saying, "Hemah is somewhere in the depths, sequestered near the elemental leyline. I'm not sure exactly what he is planning, but I overheard one of the illithids speaking of creating a great flood, one that would affect the entire Sword Coast. I do not believe such a thing to be possible, however..." he looks both ways hesitantly, and with a worried expression, elaborates, "...I would not underestimate one who is connected with the overlords of the Far Realms. Whatever he plans, it must be in their interest."
>> No. 10378 edit
File 132372475369.png - (295.48KB , 800x1000 , you have my attention.png )
10378
Torinn perks right up. "Knowledge? You mean books, right?"
>> No. 10379 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
10379
The ghost turns to Torinn, looking a bit annoyed at being distracted from conversing with Sariel, and replies, "Of course, I mean the knowledge contained in the books in these archives. Though unfortunately, many have been lost to flooding and other vile acts by the minions of the overlords. However, a good portion of the archives remains intact, and I do what I can to preserve it."
>> No. 10381 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
10381
Sureiya thinks about the Eladrin's words for a moment and then continues. "I have seen the power of a leyline before, and even if I can't understand it " Sureiya give a short look to Sariel while he says this "I think its powers are quite worrisome.
About this library, do you know if it contains anything that could help us to fight those tentacle-faces?"
>> No. 10382 edit
"I would hear more of this... Savenoul," Sariel states, ignoring entirely her companions, "though I am sure you can tell me as much after we've seen to the scrying, yes? I propose we let the Paladin have a go at the tomes, while the Warlock hangs about as uselessly as ever. Unless, of course, he intends to offer his assistance in the scrying?"
>> No. 10384 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
10384
The ghost looks a bit sad at the mention of Savenoul. "Savenoul was... a laborer. I do not know the events that have led up to this point in great detail, but he was a hard-working physical laborer. Not terribly studious, but good at what he did. The illithids captured many eladrin specimens and performed horrific experiments on them, trying to create stronger thralls for whatever vile purposes they can dream up. The rest... have not survived. Somehow, Savenoul has endured this long, and his body is now horrendously twisted and mutated. However, to my knowledge, he has not yet been enthralled, and the scrying station shows that he remains restrained in the illithid's laboratory that it has set up in the former archive garden." Archeunis gestures to the door, saying, "I can show you the laboratory from the scrying station. We should not encounter resistance on the way, as the illithids rarely wander the halls this far up."
>> No. 10385 edit
"Is rescue an option?" Sariel inquires, examining the door.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3709107/
>> No. 10386 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
10386
As far as Sariel can tell, this door is just like the other similar doors you've seen in this city. You touch the glowing blue stone in the center and it will raise.

The ghost looks surprised at her suggestion, and replies in a bit of a shocked tone, "W-well, I suppose it is possible! If you could somehow best the mindflayer and its ilk at combat... assuming there's still enough left of his mind and body for him to hold onto!"
>> No. 10387 edit
>>10386
"There are no other recorded methods?"

Arcana and History to see if I don't remember instances of it being possible:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3709795/

>> No. 10388 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
10388
>>10387
"Miss, Savenoul is being physically restrained in the illithid's laboratory. In order to free him, the first step would be to attack the laboratory and deal with the hostiles within. Even if you could somehow lure the illithid out of the garden area and remain undetected while doing so, it is sure to have various security measures to protect the laboratory against intrusion," the ghost archivist explains, spreading his hands, palm-open.

Sariel: (Arcana, History): Even if Savenoul has been entralled, so long as it has not been too extensive a period, there is a good chance that his mind is still intact. As for his body, its survival depends on what kinds of experiments have been performed. Horrendously mutated creatures are not known to have extensive lifespans, and illithids often have little regard for the well-being of their specimens. A failed experiment is seen as an acceptable loss, so long as it yielded useful data. However, it should be possible to recover the eladrin at least.
>> No. 10389 edit
>>10388
"I do not inquire as to the difficulty," Sariel continues. "I wish to know of any recorded methods aside from destroying whatever has enthralled him. I am confident we can safe him, so long as it has not been too long since it has happened. If there is any other method you know of, share it."

A slow glance at her allies, before she turns back to the archivist. "I am confident there is no situation our group cannot handle."

Arcana and History for methods to save the body or perhaps transfer soul/conscience to a more able body:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3709821/

>> No. 10392 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
10392
Replying with confidence, the ranger says "We got a job to do here, but be assured we will dispose of those pests"
lol insight (16) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3709854/
>> No. 10393 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10393
"Ah, I see!" the ghost says, suddenly swooping over the party and resting in the air behind it. "You wish to know how to preserve his life after he is rescued. Well, certainly, potent healing magic could have some effect, though it's rather speculative, as I am unfamiliar with such attempts... usually specimens of their experiments are killed quickly."

Sureiya: As far as you can tell, the ghost is sincere and has little reason to lie or mislead you. You cannot sense any influence of the mind flayers over it.

Sariel: A remove affliction ritual would be the most straight-forward step. Success is not guaranteed. There may exist more powerful rituals for other methods, though they are unknown to you.
>> No. 10394 edit
Sariel nods approvingly. "That is what I had hoped to hear. Now, then, perhaps we should use this scrying then to view both Savenoul and the illithid..."

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3709918/
Also proceed to scrying thingy.

>> No. 10395 edit
File 134862566184.png - (953.25KB , 1069x675 , archivesB.png )
10395
"Of course. Follow me, it is some distance to the scrying station," the ghost indicates, flying ahead.

Once the door is opened, you gain vision of the room on the other side. Walking forward, you can take it in fully--it's a highly-decorated, wide open room with fountains in each of the four corners. The style here appears to be similar to that of the Arcanimus--you can see plants that appear to be growing from the walls themselves. There are a handful of overstuffed bookshelves in this area, and the floor is accentuated with stylized rugs, bearing blue and green colors, matching those of the Court of Coral. There are several small chairs and sofas scattered about as well. Unfortunately, there also appear to be puddles of water on the floor and on the rugs, and some of the chairs have been soaked through and damaged. Two large chandeliers hang about 30' above your head from the ceiling, and there are even windows high up on the walls. Oddly enough, looking out the windows seems to give you a view of the ocean, though it is a bit too colorful and vibrant to be real--multicolored fish and sea plants fill your view out the windows.

The ghost glides ahead, indifferent to the stairs that hinder your progress slightly, and addresses you as you look down from the 10' high raised platform, "This was one of the reading areas reserved for the nobles. If you will follow me, we'll proceed to the public levels."
>> No. 10396 edit
Like a little child in a candy store, Sureiya is hypnotized by the scene of the windows. It takes him a few second to realize this, and when he does he attempts to bluff his way of with a response "... sure, let's get moving."
>> No. 10397 edit
"This place is in much better condition than I expected, and the location is somewhat advantageous... perhaps this would be a good residence once cleared out."
>> No. 10398 edit
File 13487182011.png - (1.02MB , 1069x675 , archivesC.png )
10398
As the group makes its way down the stairs, the ghost glides towards the door. Sariel and Myn quickly confirm that the door is sealed off, but Archeunis tells them, "This door is sealed, but I have the power to open it. Give me a few moments, please." And he drifts over towards the gate, and holds out his hands. Strands of glowing arcane energy flow forth, and pour into the gemstone that seals the gate.

There is a decent collection of books here. At a glance, they appear to mostly be histories, and a few heroic tales, mixed in with a scant few books on arcane study.
>> No. 10399 edit
Sureiya spend some time checking the books
lol perception, what's a trap? (14) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3711933/
>> No. 10400 edit
File 129528424024.png - (139.54KB , 600x800 , discardedtarou.png )
10400
Torinn flips through the books at an astonishing pace.

knowledge checks: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3712157/
>> No. 10401 edit
File 134878238775.png - (481.66KB , 1069x675 , archivesD.png )
10401
As Sureiya and Torinn rifle through the books, Folka catches something out of the corner of his eye--a silvery glint in the western group of plants. Focusing his gaze on it for a moment suggests that it is a single, silver-colored, pear-shaped fruit hanging from the tree.

"Ah, there!" the ghost announces, and the door slides open. The room beyond appears much larger than the one you are currently occupying, and is apparently raised above a lower level that spiraling stairs lead down towards.
>> No. 10405 edit
"Hmm? Something weird on the plants?"
Sureiya inpects the silver object
>> No. 10406 edit
File 134886913423.png - (1.16MB , 1069x675 , archivesD.png )
10406
Torinn flips through some of the books, and finds lots of stories, but he really doesn't understand the books on arcane magic.

Folka points out the odd fruit to his companions, and Sureiya goes over to inspect it. He has no idea what to make of it, it's probably native to the Feywild. The ghost doesn't seem to notice these ongoings, and waits patiently by the path to the main archives.

You can try nature or arcana to get fruit knowledge.
>> No. 10407 edit
Nature, Arcana (20,21) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3714090/
>> No. 10408 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10408
Sureiya believes these fruits are specially cultivated in the Feywild, and are quite rare even therein. However, almost all of the plants you have seen in this location can grow these fruits if they are properly cared for, as they absorb ambient arcane energy expended by spells, rituals, and magical items. This energy is mostly used to fuel the plant's growth, but when it enters its reproductive cycle every few dozen years, it generates a single fruit, which contains potent magical power. The fruit is edible, and contains healing properties.

This fruit, the silver tear, can be eaten as a minor action or administered like a potion as a standard action. It allows the subject to regain hit points equal to its surge value plus 2d6.
>> No. 10410 edit
File 129930994422.png - (32.63KB , 200x200 , unlimitedsadworks.png )
10410
Sureiya takes the pear and walks toward the main archives "Sir, would you mind if we take this with us? I believe this healing fruit could help us on a pinch."
>> No. 10411 edit
File 13483241365.png - (30.35KB , 128x128 , elf ghost.png )
10411
Archeunis floats over and studies the fruit in Sureiya's hands, declaring, "Under normal circumstances I would prefer you to leave it where it is, however, these circumstances are far from normal. I say, take what you think will be useful to you, if you intend to go up against those illithids."
>> No. 10412 edit
File 130023651110.png - (15.99KB , 200x200 , blank look.png )
10412
Hearing discussion about moving on, Torinn slams shut his latest book, unable to find anything relevant. Rejoining his companions, he reports, "There wasn't anything about illithids in there, only some tales of long ago, a few of which were quite bawdy."
>> No. 10413 edit
"Thanks, then" Sureiya walks toward Torinn "Take this man, you look tired."
Perception on the room (30) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3715707/
>> No. 10414 edit
File 13489898899.png - (456.42KB , 1069x675 , archivesE.png )
10414
The ghost looks a bit exasperated by Torinn's reference to bawdy tales, but says nothing, merely drifting back towards the main archives. As Sureiya looks down the hallway, he can tell one thing immediately: the room beyond is big. Even though it is well-lit, you can't see much from your current vantage point. It will take quite some time to explore this area thoroughly, though the ghost seems to want to lead you in a particular direction.
>> No. 10415 edit
Sariel follows the ghost.
>> No. 10416 edit
File 134902772721.png - (1.03MB , 1069x675 , archivesF.png )
10416
The area ahead is very, very big. It is illuminated by a few hanging chandeliers and some blue-green braziers that you have seen elsewhere in this area. There are also decorated carpets and plants everywhere, similar to those you have already seen, and a few chairs and couches for lounging near beautifully carved wooden bookshelves that are packed with various tomes. While the stonework here is the same shaped marble you have seen elsewhere, there are unfortunately patches of mold and moss covering various parts of it and the other wooden furniture here.

A few staircases lead downwards to another area that looks possibly as big as this one, wherein lies a fountain and several fancy braziers. More stairs lead further down from there. It appears the central archives are tiered, but the ghost leads you along the eastern path, avoiding the stairs. You appear to be heading north now, but there are more books here, as well as more plants similar to those you saw before.
>> No. 10417 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
10417
"... this place is huge. To where are we going again?"
Perception and insight (22,12) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3716710/
>> No. 10418 edit
File 134904654837.png - (955.89KB , 1069x675 , archivesG.png )
10418
As the group proceeds onwards, Sureiya spots what appears to be another one of the fruits in one of the nearby trees. In addition, to the north, you see another door. The ghost appears to be leading you to it, and replies to Sureiya's inquiry without turning around, "The scrying station. The guards who once watched over the archives once used it to keep an eye out for illicit activity within this building. Some of the devices in there should still be useable."
>> No. 10419 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
10419
The ranger walks to the tree and takes the pear. This time he offers it to Myn
>> No. 10420 edit
File 134914849688.png - (552.42KB , 1069x675 , archivesH.png )
10420
As the group reaches the northern door, the ghost turns to them and says, "Wait here a moment," then passes through the door.

This door-like gate seems a bit different than the others. Rather than opening by raising upwards, it seems to open outward. The opening mechanism seems to be the same, though--a blue, crystal-like gem in the center of the door.
>> No. 10421 edit
>>10419

Myn accepts the fruit with considerable pleasure, thanking the half-orc.

"It seems that offering my vitality hasn't been a complete waste after all.

>> No. 10423 edit
File 13492310636.png - (569.03KB , 1069x675 , archivesJ.png )
10423
The door suddenly swings to the side, and sets itself into the wall, as the wall pushes itself back to accommodate the door. On the other side is the ghost, and several arcane contraptions of unknown function. A multicolor shimmering pool sits on the ground in the northwest, near some large gizmos, and the back wall is lined with shells stuffed with scrolls and loose pages. There are also several pedestals here, and there are scrolls sitting atop them as well. You'll need to enter the room to see more.
>> No. 10444 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
10444
The ranger enters the room with curiosity. "Is this the scrying station?"
Perception in the room, specially for acid pit traps and backstabs (31) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719560/
>> No. 10455 edit
File 134931125185.png - (753.95KB , 1069x675 , archivesK.png )
10455
"It is," confirms the ghost. As Sureiya explores the room thoroughly, he discovers two more scrying pools--these filled with a clear liquid, through which you can see magic runes inscribed at the base of the pools. The pools are barely a foot deep, though the liquid they are filled with doesn't appear to be water, despite being very clean and clear.

There is also a yellow-colored, bronze-looking circle with runes etched into the material itself to the northeast. Sureiya isn't sure how anything here works.

"To one well-versed in the arcane, a simple look at the scrolls here should be enough to understand how to use the station. Normally, access to this area is quite restricted, but I have lifted the protective wards," the ghost elaborates in his deep and gravelly voice.
>> No. 10460 edit
"Huh, better not touch anything here"
Sureiya stand backs and wait for one of the well versed members of the party explain the procedure.

Arcana to read the runes, Insight to be insightful (14,26) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3720830/
>> No. 10464 edit
Torinn peers into one of the reflecting pools, willing it to reveal its secrets.
arcana : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3720842/ (8)
>> No. 10468 edit
Arcana check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3721276/
>> No. 10469 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10469
Myn believes he can work the scrying pool (its only easy DC). The scrolls indicate several locations to be scryed upon, and reading the proper scroll and invoking the spell should cause the nearby scrying pool to reveal the location. The ghost has indicated that Savenoul is being held in the garden area.
>> No. 10471 edit
Sariel peers at the scrolls, then directs the scrying station to scry on the garden area.

"Savenoul first, we'll spy on the mongrels after," she dictates.
>> No. 10472 edit
File 134949950746.png - (1.12MB , 1069x675 , archivesL.png )
10472
Sariel begins to read one of the scrolls aloud, standing over the scrying pool to the west. As she does so, the words on the scroll begin to glow, and the runes in the pool glow in unison. A ripple crosses over the pool, and a disturbing image is suddenly reflected in the water.

It's clear this area was once a beautiful garden. However, it is now filled with diabolical-looking machines and cauldrons filled with vile liquid. There are tables with alchemical vials and laboratory equipment surrounding what was once no doubt a sparkling clear pool, now disgustingly murky and marred with traces of blood. There are trees, but the trunks have chunks of bark missing and are ill-kept. Some have grown in twisted shapes, clearly influenced by whatever horrible rituals and experiments have taken place here.

On the far west side of the pool stands an illithid, over a large metal table fitted with restraints. Restrained on that table is a hulking monstrosity that bears a vague resemblance to an eladrin, though he is now the size of a giant. He has been stripped of all clothing but a loincloth, and his skin is an unnatural, sickly yellow-green. His muscles bulge and throb irregularly, and his breathing is ragged. Only his eyes still resemble those of an eladrin, his hair is greasy, unkempt, and black. To the side of the table is a massive greatclub, sized for a large creature, and Sariel immediately knows that this club contains some sort of magical curse. Supported over the pool itself is a strange-looking crystal orb, that occasionally links to the twisted eladrin's head with a purplish strand of energy. Also occupying this room are several eladrin thralls similar to those you have encountered elsewhere in the sunken city. The illithid is dressed in gray robes and wields a eldritch-looking black staff. Its skin is pale blue, and it moves from one table to another, mixing vials of various viscid liquids occasionally, clearly engrossed in its work.
>> No. 10473 edit
File 134949970654.png - (1.16MB , 1069x675 , archivesM.png )
10473
In addition, there are two doll-like golems in the northeast and southeast corners, standing in the middle of what appear to be glowing purple runes. In a horribly bloody cage are three of the lunatic thralls you encountered before, each of them howling and throwing themselves against the bars, trying to break them with their heavy flails. Two orbs project some sort of magical barrier between the illithid's workstation and the lunatics. A massive wooden barricade surrounds the cage.
>> No. 10474 edit
Sureiya silently watch at the scrying
Dungeonering, Nature http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3723833/
>> No. 10475 edit
Watching the successful scrying, Torinn mutters, "Would've been nice if the freaks saved us the trouble and stayed in one room." His interest is focused mostly on the barrier, however. "What do you suppose the odds are," he muses aloud, "That the barrier was put up for the mind flayer's protection? Sure would be a shame if something happened to it..."
>> No. 10476 edit
Sariel is observant.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3723923/
>> No. 10477 edit
File 13495744669.png - (38.44KB , 128x128 , saverous.png )
10477
Sureiya: The illithid cultist is a level 8 controller, very similar to the cult herald you faced before. Its tentacles attack is virtually identical, a melee basic attack in which the flayer wraps the tentacles growing out of its face around the target, drawing its head close to the creature's gaping maw. A creature that falls below 0 hit points while grabbed by its tentacles will be dominated by the flayer until the flayer dies. The cultist also uses the same tsunami attack as the herald, an area burst 2 centered on a water square that damages, slows, and pushes anything caught in the burst. When foes draw close, the potent mind blast attack of the flayer will wrack the minds of its enemies, dealing psychic damage and dazing (save ends) anything caught within. It's possible that a creature will totally succumb to the mind flayer's will when hit by this attack (a critical hit dominates the target instead of dazing it). Finally, the illithid typically keeps is thralls close, as it can use teleport thrall to change the target of a melee attack that hits it with one of its thralls by teleporting away and teleporting the thrall into its own space.
These illithids are typically less intelligent than their speaker brethren, and rather than rule as masterminds, they hole up in laboratories, performing vile and horrific experiments.

Sureiya also realizes that the plants here have been picked over and abused, probably for the sake of the illithid's experiments.


Sariel: Sariel doesn't know quite as much about the cultist as Sureiya does, but she also recognizes the damage the cultist has done to the plants in this area. Sariel realizes that these berserk lunatics are virtually the same creature you fought before, though they tend to have less impact behind their blows (slide enemies 2 squares instead of knocking prone), and they have gone totally berserk, and cannot tell friend from foe, attacking all targets without discrimination. You suspect they are under some sort of spell that prevents them from attacking each other, and you believe you know its source:

The compelling orb the illithid cultist is standing near contains some sort of potent mind-control magic--no doubt using some foul ritual, the cultist has attuned it to the minds of the aberrant experiment restrained on the table, and probably to those of the lunatics as well. Using this magical item, the cultist can exert some form of control over their actions, despite not actually having them as its thralls. As a standard action, while adjacent to the orb, you can make a level 8 hard DC arcana check to use it to dominate one of the creatures it is attuned to until the end of your next turn. Alternately, you can destroy the compelling orb with a single hit from a melee or thrown weapon.

The guardian idols are being controlled by typical security wards placed around their feet. You suspect they will activate with the proper command word, under the control of the one who speaks it--unfortunately, the one who performs the ritual to bind them chooses the command word, probably the illithid. They are level 8 soldiers. Their panzerfaust attack has a melee reach of 2, but they can also fire their fists up to 5 squares away, and this attack never provokes opportunity attacks. It can use double attack to use panzerfaust twice. The idol projects a gravity field, an aura 2 that slows any creature that begins its turn in the aura until the end of its turn. When the idol is badly damaged (bloodied), it begins to self-destruct--it warps its gravity field, expanding it to aura 3 and making an attack that pulls enemies within 3 squares towards it (2 square pull). Then, at the start of its next turn, it uses a free action to violently explode, dealing heavy fire damage in a close burst 3 to anything caught within (this, naturally, destroys the idol).

The experimental creature you suspect as Savenoul is a horrendous brute (level 9 elite brute to be precise). You have no idea what to expect of it, however, despite the horrendous mutation he has underwent, you do not believe he is too far gone to save. However, that cursed greatclub near him strikes you as incredibly dangerous, to both the one wielding it and anything it uses it against. You suspect that Savenoul's mind is currently clouded and unstable, and even free of the effect of the compelling orb, it may take some time before it ceases to rampage against anything nearby.

>> No. 10487 edit
Sariel relays what she knows to the rest.

"It may be risky to go there to rescue Savenoul, but I am firmly convinced we can yet save him," she concludes.
>> No. 10488 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
10488
"... The cultist doesn't look very strong. He might be even weaker than the other one we fought. But I have no idea about the rest ..."
>> No. 10493 edit
File 13483241365.png - (30.35KB , 128x128 , elf ghost.png )
10493
"If I may interject," comments the ghost, "This station was used for more than scrying. There may be a scroll to summon and command a security golem around here somewhere. I doubt many are still functional, but it could be worth a shot?"
>> No. 10496 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
10496
"There is?" the ranger questions. "That golem looks similar to one we fought some time before. If those ones are as strong then I think it could be useful."
Look in the room for anything resembling a magical scroll. Perception, Arcana (17,12) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3727243/
>> No. 10497 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10497
Sureiya's search of the shelves reveals several scrolls that look a little different than the rest. However, his own training with the arcane is not sufficient to identify what they do.
>> No. 10498 edit
File 134978875731.jpg - (81.90KB , 600x429 , gaston[1].jpg )
10498
Arcana check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3727498/ (14)
>> No. 10500 edit
"If you've any scrolls, bring them over," Sariel says, when Sureiya seems to have found something. To the ghost, she says, "You are sure there will be no danger in summoning one of those golems?"

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3727981/
Will Summoning a golem take a healing surge

>> No. 10501 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
10501
"It should be one of these." Sureiya gives the strange papers to Sariel
>> No. 10502 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
10502
"The scroll binds it to you, but it is not a traditional summoning effect. It simply transports the golem here. It would be more like a teleportation effect, though it also binds it to your will," the ghost explains.

Sariel: Examining the scrolls, Sariel locates one, and believes what the ghost says to be true. Furthermore, she believes she has enough mastery of the scroll (due to the high arcana check) to summon the golem with complete control and no drawbacks--one of lesser skill might have been in trouble.
>> No. 10503 edit
"I see no issues binding it to me, then," Sariel expertly determines. "Should I call it now?"

Can I summon it in battle or will that take too much time?
>> No. 10505 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
10505
"Whenever you are prepared," the ghost suggests in his gravelly voice, swooping to hover over the brass runed circle on the ground. "It will appear here when called."
>> No. 10506 edit
Sariel nods approvingly and invokes the power of the scroll.
>> No. 10507 edit
File 134992154910.png - (883.92KB , 1069x670 , archivesN.png )
10507
Sariel reads the words on the scroll, and as she does so, they disappear, one by one, until there is a reaction--the runes on the brass circle begin to brightly glow. There is a loud popping sound, and a strange golem that appears to be fashioned out of reinforced clay appears before you. You recognize this design as the same you have seen in the past, in the wizard's tower, and the same kinds of golems guarding the cultist's laboratory.

You can command the golem to perform a certain course of action as a minor action (by chanting a certain arcane verse with a command at the end), otherwise it follows the last command you gave it. It acts on its own initiative and attempts to carry out whatever order it was last given to the best of its ability. However, when it is bloodied it will ignore all commands and initiate a self-destruct. It is advised that friendlies take the time before it self-destructs to move away.
>> No. 10510 edit
Surprised by the Golem, the ranger exclaims "Oh man, you actually did it.
Archeunis, do you know where are these guys hiding?"
>> No. 10513 edit
File 13483241365.png - (30.35KB , 128x128 , elf ghost.png )
10513
"Of course, the garden area where Savenoul is being held is a short distance to the southwest of here," replies the ghost, drifting westward.
>> No. 10518 edit
File 135011343797.png - (1.01MB , 1069x670 , archivesO.png )
10518
With no other requests, Archeunis leads the group out of the security station and to the western side of the library. It isn't long before the encounter the other side of the door they saw when scrying on the garden area. A simple "follow" command from Sariel is all it takes to get the security golem to trail the group.

If you have a plan for breaking and entering, now is the time to devise it.
>> No. 10520 edit
File 130593838077.jpg - (175.49KB , 354x250 , great conqueror.jpg )
10520
>>10518
"How's this," Torinn starts, "First we break down the door and crush the thralls beneath it. I'll run straight across the water and smash the control orb. Myn, Sariel, and Sureiya take the northern path and take out the archers. Folka and the guard doll head south; hopefully those berserkers will be busy enough killing themselves that you can waltz right by and climb past that barrier if you can't break it down. If the guard dolls give you trouble, keep them at a distance, and let the one we control go in first to absorb the brunt of the damage. If it explodes, then it's better it explodes on them than us."
>> No. 10521 edit
"Hmm, if you give the tiger a waterwalking potion you should be able to break it without a problem. Which remind me, can you give me the third one?"
>> No. 10522 edit
Torinn hands Sureiya the other potion, keeping the last one for Rutger.
take out potions of water walking
>> No. 10525 edit
Sureiya takes the potion and prepare himself to drink it. "The door's tough. Let me give you a hand" says the ranger while peting Rutger's back, before mounting him.
>> No. 10527 edit
Sariel sighs. "I'd prefer to keep it alive, but I suppose attachment to the inanimate would be rude in this situation."

So saying, she relays the order to the doll to stay close to her and attack nearby enemies at its own volition.

Minor Action: Command doll to stay within 3 squares and attack nearest enemy within its engagement range.
>> No. 10528 edit
File 133969364379.png - (59.41KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria2.png )
10528
"Alright, let's go."
Drink potion, get both blades ready and prepare to break the damn door.
Strenght aid another (25) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3734159/

>> No. 10529 edit
File 135028346012.png - (879.46KB , 1069x670 , archivesP.png )
10529
The group gathers in front of the door, looking ready to charge into the room after breaking it in.
>> No. 10530 edit
File 129826709578.jpg - (77.48KB , 340x282 , mantarou.jpg )
10530
Rutger downs the potion before he backs away a couple of feet, then rushes forward, Torinn putting his weight into a shoulder tackle like a giant, scaly quarterback.
Give potion of waterwalking to Rutger
Draw weapon in case I haven't already done so
Strength check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3734823/ (28)

>> No. 10531 edit
Audio 109_Battle_1.mp3 - (3.49MB , 109 Battle 1.mp3 )
10531
Torinn and his mount gather all of their might, and with Sureiya helping, easily smash down the door. The ramshackle barrier meets some resistance on the other side, resistance it easily overcomes, and you hear squishy sounds as the zealots on the other side are smashed underneath the heavy remains of the door.

The room lies open before you now, and you hear gurgling sounds on the far side. However, it appears you have taken your foes completely by surprise.
>> No. 10532 edit
File 135036376811.png - (1.16MB , 1069x670 , archivesQ.png )
10532
Folka is the first to react when the door bursts open.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-33) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-32) 46/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-28/29) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-28/29) 19/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-28/29) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-32) 53/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (G-2) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (?-?)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (H-23)
Thrall Zealot 4: (S-23)
Thrall Archer 1: (E-10)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14)
Thrall Archer 3: (C-15)
Thrall Archer 4: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 2: (?-?)
Saverous: (?-?

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
>> No. 10541 edit
File 135046142316.png - (1.06MB , 1069x670 , archivesR.png )
10541
Folka darts quickly into the room.

Folka uses steel wind movement technique to move 8 squares.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-33) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-26) 46/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-28/29) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-28/29) 19/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-28/29) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-32) 53/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (G-2) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (?-?)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (H-23)
Thrall Zealot 4: (S-23)
Thrall Archer 1: (E-10)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14)
Thrall Archer 3: (C-15)
Thrall Archer 4: (B-12)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (A/B-24/25)
Guardian Idol 2: (?-?)
Saverous / Savenoul: (?-?)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
In a surprise round you can take any one action on your turn. It is currently a surprise round.
>> No. 10542 edit
Bounding into the room, Torinn declares, "Savenoul, we're here to help!"

Move to M/N 19/20
>> No. 10543 edit
File 135048272510.png - (1.14MB , 1069x670 , archivesS.png )
10543
Rutger charges forward and bounds over the surface of the water thanks to the water-walking potion administer to him by Torinn, carrying the dragonborn and half-orc along with him.

Torinn moves.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-33) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-26) 46/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-19/20) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-19/20) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-19/20) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-32) 53/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (G-2) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (?-?)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (H-23)
Thrall Zealot 4: (S-23)
Thrall Archer 1: (E-10)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14)
Thrall Archer 3: (C-15)
Thrall Archer 4: (B-12)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (A/B-24/25)
Guardian Idol 2: (?-?)
Saverous / Savenoul: (?-?)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
In a surprise round you can take any one action on your turn. It is currently a surprise round.
>> No. 10547 edit
Move to H-23.

>> No. 10548 edit
File 135054426490.png - (1.09MB , 1069x670 , archivesT.png )
10548
Myn moves towards the room, and the guardian idol follows at a distance.

Myn moves. No idea how he thought he could get as far as H-23?
The guardian idol moves forward, remaining within 3 squares of Sariel.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-26) 46/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-19/20) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-19/20) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-19/20) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-32) 53/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-28/29) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (?-?)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (H-23)
Thrall Zealot 4: (S-23)
Thrall Archer 1: (E-10)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14)
Thrall Archer 3: (C-15)
Thrall Archer 4: (B-12)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (A/B-24/25)
Guardian Idol 2: (?-?)
Saverous / Savenoul: (?-?)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
In a surprise round you can take any one action on your turn. It is currently a surprise round.
>> No. 10549 edit
File 129610171245.png - (84.95KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana3.png )
10549
"You know, your kitty is pretty handy, but it's not my style."
Standard action: Marauder Rush againast the Thrall Archer (End movement at H-15) (18) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3739295/
>> No. 10552 edit
File 135055669933.png - (1.21MB , 1069x670 , archivesU.png )
10552
Sureiya spurs the big cat towards one of the archer thralls, and swings wildly from its back. Perhaps still not used to riding the beast, his sword does not connect.

Sureiya charges with marauder's rush but misses the archer thrall. Since he's still mounted Rutger moves with him.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-26) 46/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-14/15) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-14/15) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-14/15) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-32) 53/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-28/29) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (?-?)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (H-23)
Thrall Zealot 4: (S-23)
Thrall Archer 1: (E-10)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14)
Thrall Archer 3: (C-15)
Thrall Archer 4: (B-12)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (A/B-24/25)
Guardian Idol 2: (?-?)
Saverous / Savenoul: (?-?)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
In a surprise round you can take any one action on your turn. It is currently a surprise round.
>> No. 10566 edit
Sariel moves up to join Myn's side, watching the Paladin and his charge move forward, far out of her support range.

N-27.
>> No. 10571 edit
File 13506456247.png - (1.17MB , 1069x670 , archivesV.png )
10571
"Graatthh! How dare you!" the cultist cries out from the other side of the lake, then yells out something unintelligible. This word provokes a reaction from the golems, however, and the purple circles surrounding them fade and they begin to move. One charges at Sariel, attemping to slam the eladrin with its heavy fist, but she manages to deftly dodge the blow. However, this distraction is enough for a zealot to slip in unnoticed and stab at Sariel's shoulder as she dodges, slightly slicing through her cloth armor. Another zealot manages a lucky hit on Folka, and both the zealots teleport away after their attack.

Briefly, you hear a sound like something hard hitting the side of a cage from the southwest, followed by a roaring sound. The remaining hostile golem attempts to slam into Folka, but the monk ducks and rolls under the blow, withdrawing towards the group attacking Sariel. In one quick motion, he has struck down the nearest minion and flanks the golem.

Illithid cultist speaks a command word, activating the golems.
Guardian idol 2 moves, then charges Sariel but misses with panzerfaust.
Cult zealot 3 moves and crits Folka for 6 damage, then teleports away.
Cult zealot 4 moves and hits Sariel with short sword for 6 damage, then teleports 2 squares.
Guardian idol 1 moves and charges Folka but misses with panzerfaust.
Folka moves, then uses wind through the willows, missing the golem 2 but hitting and killing the zealot 4. He teleports to a space adjacent to the blast. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3740981/ Folka uses [b]cb fury of blows[/b] to deal [b]4 damage[/b] to idol 2, and slides it 0 squares.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Cult Zealots: 24
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-23) 40/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-14/15) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-14/15) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-14/15) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 47/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-28/29) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (?-?)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26)
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (E-10)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14)
Thrall Archer 3: (C-15)
Thrall Archer 4: (B-12)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (G/H-24/25)
Guardian Idol 2: (O/P-25/26)
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-2/3)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
>> No. 10572 edit
dragonbreath http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3741135/
virtue
charge gem with bite http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3741135/

>> No. 10583 edit
File 135071836346.png - (1.16MB , 1069x670 , archivesW.png )
10583
Torinn quickly breathes a wave of lightning over the nearby thrall, and the unfortunate eladrin drops its bow and falls to the ground, spasming and empty-eyed. With a growl, the big cat leaps towards the orb, landing on the surface of the water and trying to bite at the glass-like surface of the sphere. The force of Rutger's impact cracks the orb, which causes the cultist to cry out, "You foolssss! What are you doing?! Ceasssse immediately!"

Torinn's dragon breath hits and kills the thrall archer 2.
Rutger charges the compelling orb with bite. The attack damages but does not destroy the orb.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Cult Zealots: 24
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-23) 40/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-6/4) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-6/4) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K/L-6/4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 47/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-28/29) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (L-4)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26)
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (E-10)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (C-15)
Thrall Archer 4: (B-12)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (G/H-24/25)
Guardian Idol 2: (O/P-25/26)
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-2/3)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
The compelling orb is damaged by not destroyed. Another hit should destroy it.
>> No. 10584 edit
>>10583

Moving into the open area, Myn attempts to make a nearby pair of enemies consider just how many things there are.

Move action: Move to J-26.
Minor action: Curse Idol 1.
Standard action: All the Sand, All the Stars centered at H-24.
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3743072/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3743078/

>> No. 10587 edit
File 135083628918.png - (1.12MB , 1069x670 , archivesX.png )
10587
The warlock continues his leisurely advance to the north, muttering an eldritch curse upon the idol before unleashing a powerful psychic attack on his foes. The idol and minion are suddenly hurled into a vast expanse of space--at least in their minds. This completely overwhelms what is left of the zealot's mind, and it collapses lifelessly. The idol appears confused, as if it was not programmed for such an event, and is quite distracted as a result.

The remaining eladrin thralls armed with bows move eerily in unison, each notching a bow in tandem and firing at a different target. Sureiya and Sariel find themselves struck by arrows in non-vital locations, though Myn manages to step out of the way of the incoming missile.

The cultist looms over the compelling orb, and places his hand over it. Though damaged, the illithid pours his vast psionic power into it and channels his will through it. "Destroy them, Saverous!" At this command, the giant-sized eladrin lets loose another roar, and shatters the chains restraining him on the table. He rises to his feet and grasps the strange creatclub glowing with gray, necrotic-looking energies at the foot of the table. His teeth are clenched, and his body trembles with barely-restrained fury. The look in his eyes, however, is somewhat hollow and telling--he is completely under the control of his illithid master.

There is another banging sound of a body being heavily thrown against the cage to the south. The idol guarding Sariel from the back fires its rocket fist at the nearest hostile, but fails to crack its thick exterior.

Myn moves and places his curse on idol 1.
Myn uses all the sand, all the stars, which hits the zealot (killing it) and the guardian idol 1 for 17 psychic damage. The idol is also dazed until the end of Myn's next turn.
Archer thrall 1 moves, then shoots Sureiya with its longbow for 6 damage.
Archer thrall 3 moves, then shoots Sariel with its longbow for 6 damage.
Archer thrall 4 moves, then shoots Myn with its longbow but misses.
The illithid cultist uses a standard action to activate the compelling orb. As he does so, Saverous's bonds break, and he hops off the table and retrieves his cursed greatclub.
Lunatic experiment 2 bashes against the cage containing the lunatics, weakening it.
Guardian idol ally uses double attack, but misses the nearby hostile idol (once with a 2, and the other just barely missed).


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Cult Zealots: 24
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-23) 40/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-6/4) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-6/4) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K/L-6/4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 47/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-28/29) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (L-4)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (G-8)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (F-14), concealment
Thrall Archer 4: (E-17)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (G/H-24/25) -17 HP, dazed
Guardian Idol 2: (O/P-25/26) -4 HP, CA to Folka
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
The compelling orb is damaged by not destroyed. Another hit should destroy it.
>> No. 10590 edit
File 132333652428.png - (85.87KB , 291x477 , ka2_ikaria2.png )
10590
"What the?... This orb is more sturdy than I though!" The ranger then practices his classic one-two against the mind-controlling orb
Standard action: Twin strike against the orb! (14 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3744181/
Free action: Furious assault! (5 extra damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3744187/

>> No. 10591 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
10591
>>10590
"It's done! Let's go back!"
Move action: Move to G-H/15-16
Minor action: Sohei strike against the minion! (nat 2) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3744207/

>> No. 10592 edit
File 135085971833.png - (1.13MB , 1069x670 , archivesY.png )
10592
Sureiya does his best to destroy the orb, and though his first strike is so poorly aimed it bounces off the glass-like exterior, the second slash completely shatters the orb. As soon as this happens, Saverous grabs his head, slumps slightly, and begins to froth at the mouth and growl incoherently. The illithid screams furiously, "Foolssss! You have no idea what you have done!"

The half-orc pays them no heed as the water-walking cat takes him away to completely miss another minion with a quick thrust of his blade.

There is another sound from the south, this one being a heavy cracking sound, and you can hear footsteps trampling the remains of the cage that once contained the illithid's horrid experiments.

Sariel feels the presence of the nearby golem in the form of a heaviness in her legs, which drastically reduces the distance which she can move.

Sureiya uses twin strike, the first critical miss doesn't scratch the orb but the second hit destroys it.
The feedback dazes Saverous until the end of its turn. He considers all creatures his enemies until the end of the encounter and is uncontrollable.
Sureiya moves using Rutger's move, and misses the nearby archer thrall with sohei flair.
Lunatic experiment 3 breaks down the cage containing the lunatics.
Sariel is slowed until the end of her turn by the idol's gravity field.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-23) 40/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G/H-15/16) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-15/16) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-15/16) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 47/53 HP, slowed
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-28/29) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (L-4)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (G-8)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (F-14), concealment
Thrall Archer 4: (E-17)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (G/H-24/25) -17 HP, dazed
Guardian Idol 2: (O/P-25/26) -4 HP, CA to Folka
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10597 edit
Sariel unleashes a bright light to guile away the nearby golem.

Standard: Beguiling Strands, push to U-22 if possible.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3746826/

Probably miss, holding actions until I'm sure.

>> No. 10601 edit
Pleased with her attack, the eladrin moves onto the door, commanding her golem to engage the southern golem when it can.

Move: To M26.
Minor: Command Golem to engage Idol 2.

For some reason I thought I had push 5, but it's push 4. Still as close to the cage as possible plzkthx.

>> No. 10602 edit
File 135101227998.png - (1.24MB , 1069x670 , archivesZ.png )
10602
Sariel's display of enchanting strands successfully affects the nearby golem, and it awkwardly moves away, towards the experiments' cage. She then moves on top of the fallen door and directs her golem ally to engage the hostile.

Once the clay idol regains its senses, however, its torso swivels back to face the monk and fires both of its fists with unerring accuracy. Folka is horribly pummeled by the twofold assult and is barely standing. However, when its counterpart tries the same on Myn, it can't seem to penetrate the cloud of shadow that surrounds the dark spellcaster. In the chaos, a howling eladrin dressed in chainmail and wielding a heavy flail comes around the corner of the wooden barricade, and moves up next to the southern golem, filled with hostile intent.

Folka staggers awkwardly in his approach to the monk, putting on a ruse of being out of sorts, then launches a surprise attack--but he trips over himself as he executes the maneuver, and his strike bounces harmlessly off the golem's exterior.

Sariel's beguiling strands hits the guardian idol 2 for 5 psychic damage and pushes it 4 squares.
Sariel moves. Sariel commands her guardian idol to engage the enemy idol 2.
Guardian idol 2 uses double attack, hitting Folka twice with panzerfaust for 17 damage and 15 damage. Folka is bloodied.
Lunatic experiment 1 double-moves adjacent to the idol.
Guardian idol 1 uses double attack but misses Myn with panzerfaust twice (only missing due to Myn having both concealment and +2 to all defenses against cursed targets).
Folka shifts 1 square and uses drunken monkey against the idol but misses (natural 1). http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3746987/


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 19
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (R-24) 8/53 HP (Bloodied), +1 AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G/H-15/16) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-15/16) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-15/16) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 47/53 HP, slowed
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-28/29) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (L-4)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (G-8)
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (F-14), concealment
Thrall Archer 4: (E-17)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-23)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (G/H-24/25) -17 HP, dazed
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -4 HP
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10603 edit
Torinn waits to see if his prediction is correct.
Delay until after Saverous
>> No. 10604 edit
File 135101352017.png - (1.24MB , 1069x670 , archivesZA.png )
10604
In a berserk rage, Saverous swings his horrid greatclub at the nearby cultist. Just as the blow would normally connect, the cultist is suddenly replaced by the nearby thrall archer, who is completely smashed by the incoming attack, and flies through the air, splattering blood and organs all over the ground before hitting the ground with a disgusting-sounding splat. The cultist's teleportation takes it away from the berserking experiment.

Saverous uses overpower, which hits the nearby illithid cultist. The illithid cultist uses teleport thrall to teleport up to 5 squares, then placing thrall archer 1 in its space to take the hit for it. Saverous hits the thrall archer 1 with overpower, killing it and pushing it 4 squares.
Saverous is no longer dazed.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (R-24) 8/53 HP (Bloodied), +1 AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G/H-15/16) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-15/16) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-15/16) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 47/53 HP, slowed
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-28/29) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-9)
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (F-14), concealment
Thrall Archer 4: (E-17)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-23)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (G/H-24/25) -17 HP, dazed
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -4 HP
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
>> No. 10605 edit
File 131497758536.png - (100.30KB , 505x392 , sakutarou_evilsmilea1kg.png )
10605
>>10604
Casually striding forward to intercept the cultist, Torinn slams the creature with radiant energy, knocking it senseless. "Ohoho no you don't," he chides, smiling a rather frightening smile. "You're not leaving alive unless the big guy has control over his own mind again. So you can help us, you can decide to not hinder us, or you can become a pulpy demonstration of how much karma enjoys being ironic." Firmly blocking the cultist's escape, Rutger baring his teeth, Torinn having him at swordpoint, and Sureiya's just being there, the options the dragonborn presents to the cultist are very much exclusive to aid or die.

Move to G/H 10/11
Strike of Hope with Holy Smite for 22 radiant damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3747049/ enemy is dazed and Sureiya gains 4 THP

>> No. 10606 edit
File 135102114666.png - (1.24MB , 1069x670 , archivesZB.png )
10606
Torinn's cat leaps into action, bearing the paladin close enough to smite the illithid cultist with holy energy. Despite the mind flayer's dazed state, it stammers out a reply, "Imbecsssssile! Even if I wanted to sssstop him, that is now impossssible!"

Myn feels a crashing weight overcome his body as he stands in the physics-altering field of the nearby golem.

Torinn moves.
Torinn uses strike of hope with holy smite, dealing a total of 22 radiant damage. The cultist is dazed until the end of his next turn. Sureiya gains 4 temporary hit points.
Myn is slowed by the nearby idol's gravity field.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (R-24) 8/53 HP (Bloodied), +1 AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 19/32 HP, water walking
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-10/11) 60/60 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 47/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-28/29) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-9) -22 HP, dazed
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (F-14), concealment
Thrall Archer 4: (E-17)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-23)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (?-?)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (G/H-24/25) -17 HP, dazed
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -9 HP
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10608 edit
>>10606
"Then bugger off if you don't want to die!"
>> No. 10609 edit
File 135102959696.png - (29.60KB , 128x128 , illithid cultist.png )
10609
"You would allow me an esssscape...?" the illthid asks, somehow managing to sound even more confounded in his dazed state.
>> No. 10610 edit
>>10609
"So long as we never meet again, I'll allow you to live."
>> No. 10611 edit
"Paladin! That cretin is responsible for a hundred deaths!" Sariel glares daggers from across the room. "You would permit such a vile creature to roam this world?! End it while we have the chance!"
>> No. 10612 edit
His weighted body slowing down his gestures, Myn feebly attempts an attack before deciding to coolly retreat posthaste.

Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Idol 1.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3747575/
Move action: Run to N-27.
Minor action: Curse Idol 2.

>> No. 10613 edit
File 135104470561.png - (1.12MB , 1069x670 , archivesZC.png )
10613
Myn fails to generate an explosion of worms in the nearby golem, and beats a hasty retreat in order to place another eldritch curse on the other golem.

The mind flayer sneers at Torinn through its clouded eyes, calling out, "I will never give up my laboratory to you vermin! Die!" Suddenly, focus covers its face, and a crashing wave of psychic power emanates in a blast from the mind flayer. Torinn remains resolute, yet Rutger and Sureiya are overwhelmed, and though the actual harm to their persons is light, they are shaken by the force of the mind flayer's will.

Another howling lunatic emerges from the south, moving to attack the idol. Sariel's golem ally joins the party around the same time, engaging the enemy golem at close range.

Myn misses with darkworm feast. Myn runs and places his curse on idol 2.
The archer thralls move and both shoot at Sureiya. One misses and one hits for 6 damage.
The illithid cultist uses mind blast, missing Torinn and hitting Sureiya and Rutger for 10 psychic damage, both are dazed (Save ends).
Lunatic experiment 2 double-moves.
Guardian idol ally double-moves, it's having trouble with allies and difficult terrain blocking its path.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, granting CA, -5 to attacks
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (R-24) 8/53 HP (Bloodied), +1 AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-10/11) 59/60 HP, dazed (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 47/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-9) -22 HP, dazed
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (F-14), concealment
Thrall Archer 4: (E-17)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-23)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (U-25)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (?-?)
Guardian Idol 1: (G/H-24/25) -17 HP, cursed (Myn)
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -9 HP, cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10616 edit
Still dazed, the ranger exclaims "So be it, then!" swinging his both blades against the cultist.
Standard: Twin strike! (33,25,10,14) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3748086/
Save throw: (6) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3748087/

>> No. 10617 edit
File 135109924732.png - (1.09MB , 1069x670 , archivesZD.png )
10617
Sureiya slashes twice with his twin blades, and the second hit sends a large splatter of the illithid's black blood spraying across the floor. It makes a gurgling noise and staggers backwards, gasping desperately for breath, as black blood continues to gush from the wound just below its neck.

The final experiment joins the fray to the south, charging towards the battle with a howl.

Sureiya uses twin strike, hitting twice for 10 damage and 14 damage. The second hit bloodies the illithid.
Sureiya fails his saving throw.
Lunatic experiment 3 double moves.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, granting CA, -5 to attacks
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (R-24) 8/53 HP (Bloodied), +1 AC/Reflex
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 14/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-10/11) 59/60 HP, dazed (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 47/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-9) -46 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (F-14), concealment
Thrall Archer 4: (E-17)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-23)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (U-25)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (Y-22)
Guardian Idol 1: (G/H-24/25) -17 HP, cursed (Myn)
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -9 HP, cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10618 edit
Sariel briefly surveys the information, then acts quickly. A swift spell of magic invigorates Folka, and a magic fist is channelled to strike the northern golem.

Minor: Inspiring Word for Folka.
Standard: Templar's Fist against north golem, on hit it is slowed. Also another effect: if ally hits it they get +3 to next attack roll.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3748685/

Move to O-26.

>> No. 10628 edit
File 135112398497.png - (1.20MB , 1069x670 , archivesZE.png )
10628
With a shout infused with healing energy, the eladrin mage restores her companion's vitality, bringing him just over halfway back into the fight. Then, she conjures a fist of psychic energy, which crashes down on the nearby golem, causing it to visibly shudder and go weak-kneed. She then retreats to the south.

The southern golem turns on the newly reinvigorated Folka, and since it has still been the only one that has attacked the doll, it tries to pummel the monk twice. However, this time he's ready, and sidesteps both hits with ease. The lunatic tries to bash the golem with its heavy flail, but the head of the weapon bounces off of the reinforced clay exterior. The other golem divides its rocket-propelled fists--one at the warlock, and one at the mage. The shadows continue to protect the half-elf from harm, but Sariel is struck head-on by the incoming fist, and stumbles a bit. However, the golem can't move as fast, since it has to readjust itself after Sariel's psychic attack.

Folka quickly moves away from the southern golem, refocusing his attention on the one to the north. With a heavy slam of his shoulder, he crashes into the automaton with heavy force. His boots glow briefly as he works his way around the eastern side of it, pushing it towards the edge of the pool as he does so.

Saverous swings his club in a wide arc, breaking open the glass canisters the cultist had suspended near the operating table. The contents spill over the ground and over the other chemicals gathered on the table, and the reaction is volatile and caustic--billowing smoke, and magical lightning begin to spread over the experimentation area as the eladrin-like monster rushes towards the cultist and brings the club in an upswing, catching the illithid on its chin. With a horrible squelching sound, the mind flayer soars through the air, and collides heavily with Sureiya. As Sureiya slams into the ground he also entangles Rutger, and the big cat collapses to the ground as well. The mind flayer hits its head and coninues a short distance, leaving the three a horrible mess--only Torinn's dwarven greaves prevent him from ending up also in the pile of bodies. Instead, the paladin is stalwartly standing in the midst of the fallen humanoids.

The mind flayer looks weakly up at Torinn, and gurgles, "M-mercy...", reaching towards him with its grotesque hand.

Sariel uses inspiring word, healing Folka for 19 hit points at the cost of a healing surge.
Sariel uses templar's fist, hitting the idol 1 for 13 psychic damage and slowing it until the end of her next turn. It also gains the effect of templar's fist for the duration (the next ally to hit it gains a +3 bonus to attack rolls until the end of his or her next turn).
Sariel moves.
Guardian idol 2 uses double attack, missing Folka with panzerfaust twice.
Experimental lunatic 1 misses guardian idol 2 with its heavy flail.
Guardian idol 1 moves 2 squares (slowed), then uses double attack, and its panzerfaust misses Myn and hits Sariel for 17 damage.
Folka uses open the gate of battle's movement technique to move away from golem 2 without provoking OAs. He then uses the attack technique against golem 1, hitting for 16 damage, and using centered breath flurry of blows, slides it 1 square and adds 4 more damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3748894/
As a minor action, he uses the power of boots of the fencing master to shift 2 squares, gaining the AC/Reflex bonus. He also gains the bonus from templar's fist.
Saverous breaks a lot of stuff. Saverous then moves, then charges, using overpower at the end of the charge. It hits the cultist for 23 damage, and he adds the greatclub's hunger for another 10 necrotic damage and ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends). It also pushes the cultist 4 squares and knocks it prone, and Saverous attacks each target adjacent to it during the push, missing Torinn but hitting Rutger for 12 damage (reduced to 7) and critting Sureiya for 15 damage, knocking both of them prone.
Saverous advances to stage 2 of the curse of the greatclub.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, granting CA, -5 to attacks
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-25) 27/53 HP, +1 AC/Reflex, +3 to next attack
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-12) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 7/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends), prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-12) 44/60 HP, dazed (save ends), prone
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -79 HP (Bloodied), dazed, ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends), prone
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (F-14), concealment
Thrall Archer 4: (E-17)
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-23)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (U-25)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (Y-22)
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -50 HP, cursed (Myn), slowed, granting CA to Folka
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -9 HP, cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10631 edit
Reorienting himself, Torinn dismisses Rutger in a flash of light. His hand glows as he places it on Sureiya's shoulder encouragingly, granting him renewed vitality. Finally, he looks back at the cultist... And flips him off, growling, "You only get one chance," Torinn charges the nearby archer to release it from its tormented existence, refusing the cultist even a quick, painless death.

Minor : Dismiss Rutger
Minor : Restore Vitality to heal Sureiya for 26 HP (surgeless) and to grant him a saving throw
Free : Tell Cultist where he can shove it
Standard : Charge archer at F/14

>> No. 10632 edit
File 135112690154.png - (1.17MB , 1069x670 , archivesZF.png )
10632
With a gesture, Torinn sends his cat companion back to the outer planes in order to heal up. He also dismisses the cultist verbally while healing Sureiya with an infusion of divine energy, which enables the half-orc to regain his focus on the battle. With that done, the dragonborn then charges down towards the archer thrall, and with a quick sweep of his sword, strikes a fatal wound. The once-eladrin collapses in a bloody heap.

Torinn dismisses Rutger. He still has one summon of Rutger remaining for the day.
Torinn uses restore vitality on Sureiya, healing him to full and granting him a save, which succeeds. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3748970/
Torinn charges and kills an archer thrall. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3748938/


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, granting CA, -5 to attacks
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-25) 27/53 HP, +1 AC/Reflex, +3 to next attack
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 7/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends), prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-12) 60/60 HP, prone, lightly obscured
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -79 HP (Bloodied), dazed, ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends), prone, lightly obscured
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (D-12) lightly obscured
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-23)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (U-25)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (Y-22)
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -50 HP, cursed (Myn), slowed, granting CA to Folka
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -9 HP, cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10639 edit
>>10632

Suffering from an unquenchable luck void, Myn fails to do anything.

Move action: Move to N-28.
Minor action: Cast Fey Bargain.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony at Idol 1.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3749602/
Reroll(take damage): http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3749604/

>> No. 10640 edit
>>10639

Except the thing he does do.

Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3749751/
>> No. 10643 edit
File 135120370613.png - (1.16MB , 1069x670 , archivesZG.png )
10643
Though Myn attempts to broker a deal with the fey spirits for a boost to his attack, it proves to be a bad deal, and the warlock is forced to drain a bit of his own life force in order to compensate. You can see the half-elf wince as he does so, but it does prove effective--the idol is completely staggered by the psychic intrusion, and it jerks and shudders unnaturally. It's clear that this clay golem won't be functional for much longer.

One of the archer thralls moves around the bushes and attempts to shoot Torinn with its longbow, but the arrow goes up towards the ceiling instead. Something seems to be interfering with its aim. The illithid coughs with a gurgling sound, spitting up black blood as it staggers to its feet, and it looks horrified and desperate as the last bits of its life force are drained away by the greatclub's curse.

In the south, the golem ally Sariel procured finally goes on the offensive, smashing into the enemy golem with two heavy strikes of its rocket fists, causing its opponent to reel from the blow and refocus its attention away from Folka onto the new foe. One of the lunatics makes a wild swing at the golem as well, but fails to have any meaningful impact.

Sureiya seems a bit confused, sprawled out onto the ground suddenly.

Myn uses fey bargain, granting him an attack bonus, and moves.
Myn's shared agony misses, but he takes 7 damage to reroll the attack and hits for 35 psychic damage.
Archer thrall 3 moves, then misses Torinn with its longbow with a horrible natural 1.
Illithid cultist takes ongoing 5 necrotic damage, and fails to recharge mind blast. It stands from prone, and fails its save against ongoing damage.
Experimental lunatic misses idol 2 with its heavy flail.
Your guardian idol ally uses double attack against the opposing idol, hitting twice for 14 damage and 17 damage.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Guardian Idol 1 (Enemy): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 3, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-25) 27/53 HP, +1 AC/Reflex, +3 to next attack
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 7/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends), prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-12) 60/60 HP, prone, lightly obscured
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -84 HP (Bloodied), dazed, ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends), prone, lightly obscured
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-15)
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-23)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (T-25)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (Y-22)
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -85 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn), slowed, granting CA to Folka
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -40 HP, cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10644 edit
File 135120471519.png - (559.83KB , 1000x850 , 134860920464.png )
10644
"...Exactly what you did to this guy?"
Not too worried of the wounded tentacle-face, Sureiya takes his chance, quickly standing up and charging at the weakened Golem. "You guys need some help here?"
Minor: Stand up
Move + Standard: Charge the Guardian Idol 1 ending charge at J-22 (28,13) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3750086/

>> No. 10645 edit
File 135120597620.png - (1.19MB , 1069x670 , archivesZH.png )
10645
Sureiya hops to his feet, utilizing his magic boost, and charges across the water with the help of the water-walking potion he drank earlier. With a clean bash of the flat of his blade, he breaks cleanly through the weakened golem's exterior, and shards of clay fly through the air as it collapses into a heap of golem shards. From the south you hear the sound of another one of the golems being assaulted, this time by the lunatic, who takes a chunk out of the doll with its heavy flail. From its posture, you can tell that the southern golem is tucking itself in, as if drawing into a defensive pose in reaction to the heavy damage it has sustained.

Sureiya stands from prone, moves and then charges, hitting the idol for 13 damage, destroying it.
Lunatic experiment charges guardian idol 2, critting it for 24 damage.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 4, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-25) 27/53 HP, +1 AC/Reflex, +3 to next attack
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 7/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends), prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-22) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (N-27) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -84 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends), lightly obscured
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-15)
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-23)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (T-25)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (U-24)
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -64 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (J/K-3/4)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10647 edit
Sariel, spotting opportunities, points to the nearest experiment.

"Warlock, destroy that one," she commands. To the golem, she relays a new set of commands, eager to preserve its functioning.

Standard: Direct the Strike
Myn attacks Experiment at T-25.
Minor: Golem is to attack the nearest lunatic experiment and avoid engaging its fellow idol.
Move Action: Move to M-24.

>> No. 10650 edit
File 135121317813.png - (1.16MB , 1023x670 , archivesZI.png )
10650
With a bit of an arcane empowerment from Sariel, the warlock successfully misses the lunatic with a beam of eldritch energy. The mage then defers to a possibly more useful party member, the golem, who she directs to engage the lunatics that he failed to hit.

The golem that entered its defensive stance suddenly lets loose a pulse of force, drawing the nearby creatures closer to it and expanding the range of its slowing aura. It rattles and hisses from within, and you can see an orangish glow building from between the cracks forming in the clay plating that composes its body--it's about to blow!

Saverous, still maddened by the backlash from the compelling orb, turns on the nearby cauldron. For some reason, he directs his might against it, and smashes it open, sending the red liquid within spilling over the bones and magic circle surrounding it, and releasing a thin cloud of red mist. The mutant doesn't seem to react at all to the mist, but it doesn't look safe to approach for you.

Sariel uses direct the strike, but Myn's eldritch blast misses the lunatic. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3750308/
Sariel commands the golem to focus on the nearest lunatic, then moves.
Guardian idol 2 initiates self-destruct. Its gravity field expands to aura 3 and hits all of the lunatics but misses the other idol with its pull (not that it matters). It will explode violently on its next turn!
Lunatic experiment smashes the idol with its heavy flail for 8 damage.
Folka uses the movement technique of steel wind to carefully work his way around difficult terrain and engage the minion. The attack technique just hits thanks to the +3 bonus from templar's fist, and therefore kills the last archer thrall.
Saverous turns around and smashes the cauldron.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 4, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 27/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 7/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends), prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-22) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (M-24) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -84 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends), lightly obscured
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-22)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (T-25)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (U-24)
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -72 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (F/G-6/7) -20 HP

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10652 edit
File 135126206867.gif - (81.37KB , 100x100 , cosgrove_cut_it_out.gif )
10652
Ignoring the dying ilithid entirely, Torinn speaks to the rampaging giant, "You're better than this hex or whatever it is, aren't you? Now calm down already so we can help."
Diplomacy check on Savenoul to appeal to whatever's left of his humanity and possibly set the curse back a tick or two : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3751594/ (31)
>> No. 10653 edit
File 13495744669.png - (38.44KB , 128x128 , saverous.png )
10653
Torinn's words get the monster's attention. It's just probably not the kind of attention he wanted, as there is barely anything resembling intelligence or willingness to listen to reason in the eyes of the creature that the illithid called "Saverous." The creature's greatclub is lifted and it prepares to charge toward the dragonborn.

If you want to try and learn what you can do to get through to Savenoul, an arcana check or heal check would be appropriate, as a free action.
>> No. 10654 edit
Sariel isn't sure.

Free Action: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3752054/
>> No. 10655 edit
The orc observes.
Heal (21) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3752102/
>> No. 10656 edit
"...I think we need to knock him out before any healing can be done." Typical.
>> No. 10657 edit
File 135129152259.png - (1.16MB , 1023x670 , archivesZJpng.png )
10657
Sariel, Sureiya, and Torinn all realize that there's no getting through to Savenoul when he's in the fury of battle. His mind is too warped by the backlash from being freed of the effects of the compelling orb. However, they also all realize that if he is knocked unconscious, he should regain his sanity upon recovery.

"Y-you foolssss! He'll kill ussss all!" the illithid manages to gasp.

Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Archer Thralls (Enemy): 14
Illithid Cultist (Enemy): 13
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 4, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 27/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 7/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends), prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-22) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (M-24) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -84 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends), lightly obscured
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-22)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (T-25)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (U-24)
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -72 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (F/G-6/7)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10658 edit
"Warlock." Sariel gestures south. "Dispose of the experiments. Let the musclebrains handle the disabling of Savenoul." She remembers the last time Myn tried to 'disable' an eladrin.
>> No. 10659 edit
>>10657

Despite his vague enthusiasm towards the elimination of the abominations, Myn's poor position allows for little more than a sputtering of magic to be sent forth.

Minor action: Curse Idol 2.
Move action: Move to K-25.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Experiment 2.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3752176/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3752177/

>> No. 10660 edit
File 135129907741.png - (1.16MB , 1023x670 , archivesZKpng.png )
10660
The damaged idol's curse dissipates, spreading to the nearby lunatics. Myn takes advantage of this to place his curse back on the idol before moving away from the melee, then firing a more accurate eldritch bolt at one of the lunatics for a solid hit.

Though the lunatic roars in pain at Myn's attack, it turns its heavy flail on the nearby idol, breaking off another piece of its exterior--it's just barely holding together now. The guardian idol under Sariel's command, however, takes advantage of the opening and pummels the lunatic with both rocket fists. Furious, the experiment turns to face the new threat, bruised but not bloodied.

During the midst of all this, the mind flayer collapses to the ground and lets out a gurgling death rattle as the lingering curse of the greatclub saps the last of its strength.

When the idol becomes bloodied (I had forgotten about bloodied boon + rod of corruption, sue me), Myn uses his rod of corruption to spread his curse to nearby enemies. He recurses idol 2 and moves away.
He then uses eldritch blast, which hits for 19 damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3752277/
The illithid cultist succumbs to ongoing necrotic damage and dies.
Lunatic experiment 2 attacks the guardian idol 2 with its heavy flail and hits for 10 damage.
Your guardian idol ally attacks lunatic 2 with double attack, hitting with panzerfaust twice for 16 damage and 15 damage.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 4, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 27/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 7/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends), prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-22) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (M-24) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-22)cursed (Myn)[/s] DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 2: (T-25) -50 HP, cursed (Myn)[/s] DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 3: (U-24), cursed (Myn)[/s] DEAD
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (F/G-6/7)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10662 edit
Sariel points to Saverous. "Sureiya, please assist Torinn and Folka. The warlock and I will handle these madmen."
>> No. 10663 edit
Trying not to look at the "floor" where his feet are standing over, Sureiya nods in agreement and returns to the battlefield, viciously charging at the mutant.
Movement action: Move to J-16
Minor action: Hunter's quarry
Standard action: Marauder's rush against Saverous (31,18) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3752424/

>> No. 10665 edit
File 135130661121.png - (1.17MB , 1023x670 , archivesZLpng.png )
10665
Sureiya moves over the water, and takes a moment to focus his attention on the slavering hulk of a mutant before recklessly charging right into the fray, slashing heavily across the mad experiment's chest. This makes Saverous take notice of his new opponent, and he growls savagely at the half-orc.

Meanwhile, the remaining lunatic eladrin tries to smash the heavily damaged golem, but its flail swings through the hole its comrade made without doing any further damage.

Sureiya moves, sets his quarry to Saverous, then charges Saverous with marauder's rush, hitting for 18 damage.
Lunatic experiment 3 misses the guardian idol 2 (lucky natural 2).


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 4, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 27/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-10/11) 7/32 HP (Bloodied), water walking, dazed (save ends), prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-8) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (M-24) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-22)cursed (Myn)[/s] DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 2: (T-25) -50 HP, cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (U-25), cursed (Myn)[/s] DEAD
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Saverous / Savenoul: (F/G-6/7) -38 HP
>> No. 10667 edit
"Non-lethal, Sureiya!" Sariel calls, then refocuses her attention to the deal at the south. She quickly repositions her idol with the might of magic, permitting the Warlock some movement as well.

She relays new orders to the golem as well.

The eladrin stays put, but keeps a spell in reserve, rearing to go.


Minor Action: Golem to move adjacent Sariel (top-left at M-25) and then stay put there, focusing on the enemy with the most damage.
Move Action: Reorient the Axis, move golem to M-25.
Standard Action: Prepare Action: Fearsome Command, to be cast at T-23 after the idol explodes.

>> No. 10670 edit
File 135135010265.png - (1.10MB , 1023x670 , archivesZMpng.png )
10670
Sariel uses her tactical prowess to set up the perfect trap for the lunatics--withdrawing her golem, she prepares to unleash a psychic command spell on them as the hostile golem explodes.

Sure enough, the heavily-damaged golem violently explodes in a big ball of fire, though two of the lunatics seem to dodge the worst of it. One of those two still appears quite wounded, and you catch a fierce glint in its eye as it suddenly lunges! However, Sariel is faster.

Sariel commands the golem to move adjacent to her and attack the most damaged enemy.
Sariel uses reorient the axis, allowing the idol to move into place immediately.
Sariel readies an action.
The guardian idol 2 self-destruct triggers, and it explodes, hitting lunatic 3 for 32 fire damage and missing lunatics 1 and 2 for 16 fire damage.
This bloodies lunatic 2, and triggers an action from it, but we'll resolve Sariel's first since she readied first. Also not sure if Myn wants to trigger bloodied boon or not, since it may be hard to recurse.


Initiative
Guardian Idol 2 (Enemy): 26
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10
Sariel (Liliane): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 5, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 27/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-8) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (M-24) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (Q/R-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-22) -16 HP, cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (T-25) -66 HP, cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 3: (U-25) -32 HP, cursed (Myn)
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (F/G-6/7) -38 HP

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10671 edit
Sariel immediately releases her magic.

"Stand down!" she commands.

Can't the Idol go up one more square if it moves diagonally first? I'd like it to be out of charge range of the experiments. D:
Attack Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3753024/
>dose rolls

>> No. 10673 edit
File 135135391865.png - (1.05MB , 1023x670 , archivesZNpng.png )
10673
Sariel's potent word of command has an effect on one of the lunatics at least, who begins to move sluggishly after wincing in pain as her psionic assault throttles what is left of its mind. The lunging lunatic hurls itself at the guardian idol, and its heavy flail makes a cracking sound as the reinforced clay armor of Sariel's guardian idol ally deflects its blow.

Folka dashes across the battlefield, descending on Saverous in a flurry of punches and kicks, throttling the abomination and forcing it towards the water. Saverous attempts a counter-attack on the half-orc, but Sureiya sees it coming, and the monster's cursed greatclub crashing into the ground where he stood a moment ago.

Sariel's fearsome command misses experiments 2 and 3 but hits lunatic 1 for 15 psychic damage and it is slowed. They gain the effect of fearsome command.
Lunatic 2's blood frenzy triggers, and it charges the guardian idol ally but misses with its heavy flail.
Folka uses steel wind's movement techinque to move his speed+2.
Folka uses the attack techinique of steel wind and just barely hits for 8 damage. He adds 4 damage from his flurry of blows and slides Saverous 1 square (can't surprise strike because he didn't have CA).
Saverous misses Sureiya with overpower.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 5, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 27/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-8) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (M-24) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-22) -31 HP, cursed (Myn), slowed, fearsome command
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-25) -66 HP, cursed (Myn), fearsome command
Lunatic Experiment 3: (U-25) -32 HP, cursed (Myn), fearsome command
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -50 HP, granting CA to Folka

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10674 edit
Stepping over the illithid's corpse and circling around the bushes, Torinn tries to get in a good strike against Saverous.

Move to F/10
Charge to F/8 w/ Holy Smite http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3753044/ (19, 19)

>> No. 10675 edit
File 135135672579.png - (1.06MB , 1023x670 , archivesZOpng.png )
10675
Though Torinn is a bit overeager in his advance and misses Saverous entirely, the radiance from his weapon still burns the abomination's flesh a bit.

Torinn moves then charges Saverous but misses, his holy smite still deals 6 radiant damage to Saverous.

Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-25) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 5, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 27/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-8) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-8) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (M-24) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-22) -31 HP, cursed (Myn), slowed, fearsome command
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-25) -66 HP, cursed (Myn), fearsome command
Lunatic Experiment 3: (U-25) -32 HP, cursed (Myn), fearsome command
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -50 HP, granting CA to Folka

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10676 edit
Again Sariel directs Myn's attention, this time pointing at the distant experiment that managed to dodge the effect of her attack.

"Please send your worms at him, Warlock," she requests. "Slowing their movements will delay the time until they reach us."
>> No. 10677 edit
Golem-kun's obtrusive body prevents Myn from aiming at all.


Trigger bloodied boon on Experiment 2.
Minor action: Curse Experiment 2.
Move action: Move to N-27.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Experiment 2.

Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3753522/

>> No. 10679 edit
File 135138254436.png - (1.19MB , 1069x670 , archivesZPpng.png )
10679
Myn moves strategically around the defensive golem, yet seems to have problems with its massive bulk as his eldritch beam burns a hole in the side of the wall instead of the experiment he aimed for. He does manage to recurse it, however.

The lunatic, furious at the idol that pummeled it, tries to bash it again with its heavy flail. Again, the flail is deflected by the golem's exterior. The golem retaliates, though one of the rocket fists misfires and goes wild before returning to the golem. The other strikes the nearby lunatic quite soundly, however.

Myn curses experiment 2, moves and then misses it with eldritch blast.
Lunatic 2 shifts then attacks the guardian idol with heavy flail but misses.
Guardian idol ally uses double attack, missing Lunatic 2 once and hitting once for 21 damage.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 27/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-8) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (M-24) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-22) -31 HP, cursed (Myn), slowed, fearsome command
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -87 HP, cursed (Myn), fearsome command
Lunatic Experiment 3: (U-25) -32 HP, cursed (Myn), fearsome command
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -50 HP, granting CA to Folka

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10689 edit
"Non-lethal?! Tell that to this guy!!"
Standard: Lashing Leaves! (21,19) (31,12) Anyone who hits him gets 2 extra damage
Minor: Off-hand strike! (28,16) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3754153/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3754154/

>> No. 10694 edit
File 135144178948.png - (1.20MB , 1069x670 , archivesZQpng.png )
10694
One, two, three--Sureiya's blades seem to dance through the air as he carves into Saverous. The barrage of attacks seems to do little to deter the abomination's bloodlust, however, reeling but quickly regaining his focus and looking ready to swing his greatclub once more. It's clear that while he is wounded, it's going to take a lot to bring him down.

Sureiya uses lashing leaves and hits twice for 19 damage and 12 damage. Saverous takes 3 extra damage from attacks that hit until the end of Sureiya's next turn.
Sureiya uses off-hand strike, which hits for 19 damage.
Lunatic 3 charges the guardian idol ally but misses.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 27/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-14) 64/64 HP, lightly obscured
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-8) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (M-24) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-25/26) 90/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (U-22) -31 HP, cursed (Myn), slowed, fearsome command
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -87 HP, cursed (Myn), fearsome command
Lunatic Experiment 3: (O-26) -32 HP, cursed (Myn), fearsome command
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -100 HP, granting CA to Folka, when hit, takes 3 extra damage

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10695 edit
"Kneel down, you fools," Sariel scolds, empowering her command with magic once more. Mildly satisfied, then, by the effect of her magic, the eladrin retreats behind the idol, commanding it to continue fighting.

"Warlock, you can borrow broad area spells, can you not? Now's a good time to unleash one."

Standard Action: Fettering Glare.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755029/
Next ALLY to hit it gets to roll twice on their next attack roll. Guardian Idol is an ally, right.

Move: To L26.

Minor: Golem stays where it is and attacks the Experiment 2, if it dies he switches to Experiment 3.

>> No. 10696 edit
File 135144506255.png - (1.20MB , 1069x670 , archivesZRpng.png )
10696
Sariel's psychically augmented glare and her cutting words completely overwhelm two of the lunatics, and they feel strength leave their legs as they drop to the ground, twitching and convulsing. The heavily wounded one's eyes roll back in its head, and it looks very near death. The remaining lunatic shakes the stiffness from its body and rushes forward at the guard idol, smashing its heavy flail across the automaton's chestplate. This hit actually makes a very small crack in the idol's exterior, and forces it to the west slightly.

In the battle to the west, Folka attempts a leaping strike against the towering Saverous, but though his fist connects soundly with the beast's chest, he's forced to adjust his leap to get out of the way of the abomination's swing, which causes him to not have sufficient impact to wound Saverous. Sureiya takes advantage of the swing, however, ducking under it and slicing through the eladrin's armpit. This hit actually draws bright red blood, and in a rage, Saverous swings again, this one aimed at the paladin whose radiance just seared him. Torinn is knocked off his feat just like the cultist was, and the angle of the strike causes his arm to catch as he descends, knocking the monk to the ground before the valiant cavalier slides against the lip of the pool, dangling over the edge briefly before catching himself. Noting Folka's wounds, Torinn gives him a shot of healing.

Sariel uses fettering glare, and both of the experiments are hit for 16 psychic damage and fall prone. They also gain the fettering glare effect until the end of Sariel's next turn (the next ally, including the golem, to hit them with an attack can roll twice on their next attack before end of their next turn).
Sariel moves to L-26 and orders her golem to focus on lunatic 2.
Since Sariel's turn ended the lunatic experiment 1 is no longer slowed. It moves and charges the idol ally, hitting with its heavy flail for 7 damage and sliding it 1 square.
Folka uses crane's wings attack technique on the golem but misses. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755114/
When Saverous uses overpower on Sureiya, Sureiya interrupts with disruptive strike, which hits for 20 damage. This bloodies Saverous, and is enough to cause overpower to miss, plus Saverous takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance.
Saverous spends an action point! Saverous uses overpower on Torinn, which hits for 18 damage and pushes Torinn 4 squares (reduced to 3). Torinn saves against being pushed into the water. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755130/
The secondary attack of overpower misses Sureiya but hits Folka for 6 damage, both Torinn and Folka drop prone. Torinn uses shield of devotion to heal Folka for 4 hit points since this bloodies Folka.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 25/53 HP(Bloodied), prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H-10) 64/64 HP, prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-8) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (L-26) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-24/25) 83/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (O-25) -31 HP, cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -103 HP, cursed (Myn), prone, fettering glare
Lunatic Experiment 3: (O-26) -46 HP, cursed (Myn), prone, fettering glare
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -100 HP, granting CA to Folka, when hit, takes 3 extra damage

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10699 edit
Standing before the edge of the water, Torinn is relieved that he didn't fall in. Though he does have more pressing matters to deal with at the moment. Folka's in bad shape, and he's out of range of Saverous. Imparting a bit of vitality to heal Folka, Torinn rectifies the distance problem by charging down the giant hulking thing and slashing it.
Stand from prone
Minor : Give Folka healing from second wind
Standard : Charge to F/8 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755170/ (26, 12)

>> No. 10705 edit
File 135144721046.png - (1.20MB , 1069x670 , archivesZSpng.png )
10705
Torinn's divine presence allows Folka to regain more of his lost vitality, and the paladin stands from prone and charges back into the fray, once again placing Saverous under his righteous radiance while simultaneously wounding the large eladrin a bit more.

Torinn's healing radiance heals Folka for another 7 hit points.
Torinn stands from prone.
Torinn uses his virtue of sacrifice to use his second wind, spending a surge to allow Folka to regain 13 hit points.
Torinn charges Saverous, hitting with a melee basic attack for 15 damage.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-27) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 45/53 HP, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-8) 46/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-8) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (L-26) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-24/25) 83/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (O-25) -31 HP, cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -103 HP, cursed (Myn), prone, fettering glare
Lunatic Experiment 3: (O-26) -46 HP, cursed (Myn), prone, fettering glare
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -142 HP (Bloodied), granting CA to Folka, when hit, takes 3 extra damage

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10707 edit
Attempting to sidestep the floored lunatic, Myn obliges the request for a spell of large width.

Move action: Move to K-25.
Standard action: Cast Argent Rain at P-25.
Attack rolls:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755422/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755429/

>> No. 10708 edit
File 135146518213.png - (1.22MB , 1069x670 , archivesZTpng.png )
10708
As Myn moves away, the lunatic swings from the ground, around the corner, and manages an extremely lucky shot, the business end of its heavy flail catching the warlock firmly in the face. Myn staggers into position nonetheless, and unleashes fiery vengeance upon the lunatic and its companions--though the flaming shots scorch the ground and manage to completely miss the most wounded lunatic, the other two are quite badly burned in the barrage. One of them is so enraged it attempts to swing its mace at the idol from the ground, but doesn't really come close to landing a hit, even as blood pours down its face and into its eyes.

However, the lingering flames are too much for the wounded lunatic to bear, and it stops moving, its body catching fire and giving off a horrid smell. As per Sariel's command, the idol moves onto the next target, firing both rocket fists at the prone, wounded lunatic--one hit, one miss.

The prone lunatic CRITS Myn for 24 damage as an opportunity attack as Myn moves away.
Myn uses argent rain, hitting experiments 1 and 3 for 20 fire damage. It also creates a zone that deals 5 fire damage to enemies that begin their turns within or move into the zone. This bloodies lunatic 3, and its blood frenzy-granted heavy flail attack misses the guardian golem.
Lunatic experiment 2 takes 5 fire damage from beginning its turn in the zone and dies.
Guardian golem ally hits lunatic 3 once and misses once with panzerfaust using double attack for 16 damage.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-27) 31/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk), +3 to next attack
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 45/53 HP, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-8) 46/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-8) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (L-26) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-24/25) 83/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (O-25) -51 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -108 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn), prone
Lunatic Experiment 3: (O-26) -82 HP (Bloodied), prone
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -142 HP (Bloodied), granting CA to Folka, when hit, takes 3 extra damage

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
Myn's argent rain zone deals 5 fire damage to creatures that begin their turns in or move into the zone.
>> No. 10709 edit
Sariel can't help but wince at Myn's misfortune: The hit looked too painful.

"Warlock, will you be all right?"
>> No. 10710 edit
File 135146650298.gif - (268.40KB , 500x491 , 18254525152525.gif )
10710
Barely managing to dodge the mutant's attacks, Sureiya shifts attempting to flank his enemy, and then uses his experience dealing with weakened creatures to attack him.
Movement: Shift to I-7
Standard: Twin strike! (17,15) (26,16) and 5 extra quary damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755698/

>> No. 10711 edit
File 135146774282.png - (1.21MB , 1069x670 , archivesZUpng.png )
10711
Sureiya again uses his twin blades on Saverous. The first strike is parried by the mutant's greatclub, but the second finds its mark, slashing through Saverous's side and sending more blood spraying.

The wounded lunatic stands from its prone position, howls, and beats against the guardian idol several times with its mace in quick succession. Finally, it manages to put a decent-sized dent in its hardened exterior.

Sureiya shifts, then uses twin strike, missing the first hit and hitting the second for 21 damage.
Thrall lunatic 3 takes 5 fire damage, stands, uses heavy flail, hitting the guardian golem ally for 18 damage. Again it rolled too high for powerful warning to turn it into a miss. It slides the golem 1 square.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Lunatic Experiment 2 (Enemy): 11
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Lunatic Experiment 3 (Enemy): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-25) 31/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk), +3 to next attack
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 45/53 HP, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-8) 46/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-7) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (L-26) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-23/24) 65/90 HP

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (O-25) -51 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -108 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn), prone DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 3: (O-26) -87 HP (Bloodied)
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -163 HP (Bloodied)

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
Myn's argent rain zone deals 5 fire damage to creatures that begin their turns in or move into the zone.
>> No. 10712 edit
None of that.

"Idol, intercept!" Sariel handily manoeuvres the golem to launch an attack to intercept the lunatic attack.

Immediate Interrupt: Warning!
Let the Golem take a free action to PAUNCH the lunatic.

>> No. 10713 edit
>>10712
Not staying to watch the result of her warning, Sariel fuses her magic with Myn's, directing the Warlock to launch a devastating attack.

"That one, right there," she points. After, her commands to the Idol alter.

Minor: Adaptive Stratagem on Myn for +5 to damage and +3 to saves.
Standard: Direct the Strike, attack Lunatic 3 if Idol misses it, otherwise attack Lunatic 1 with Eldritch Blast.

Move to Minor: Change orders: Idol is to shift away from the water if it was slid and engage whichever lunatic has the least HP remaining until all lunatics have died.

>> No. 10715 edit
>>10713

Wondering if he should comment on her bossing, Myn nonetheless attacks.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755879/
Reroll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755896/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3755899/

>> No. 10721 edit
File 135153136283.png - (1.21MB , 1069x670 , archivesZVpng.png )
10721
Though Sariel isssues a verbal warning to the golem about the incoming attack, it counter-attack is a wild swing that completely misses its mark. Undeterred, the eladrin boosts Myn's power with arcane sigils, and directs the warlock to make use of the power he absorbed from the fettering glare she assaulted the lunatics with. He does need it in order to strike true, but he does, and the eldritch energy pierces the experiment's forehead, and it drops lifelessly to the ground.

The remaining lunatic, in a final act of defiance, hops out of the burning flames before swinging its flail directly into the golem's midsection, shattered its clay exterior. You can now see the interior of the idol ally, and it makes a whirring noise, beginning to scrunch into itself--like the other did before it exploded violently.

Folka hops from the ground and delivers a spinning kick to Saverou's face, following up with several punches to the midsection, causing the mutant to cough up more blood. The abomination takes a groggy swing at Torinn, but its greatclub misses the mark completely.

Sariel uses powerful warning on the golem, but its panzerfaust misses.
Sariel uses adaptive stratagem on Myn, granting him +5 to damage and +3 to saves. Sariel then uses direct the strike on Myn, and thanks to the effect of fettering glare he can roll twice. His eldritch blast hits lunatic 3 for 20 damage (no curse on lunatic 3), killing it.
Sariel commands the golem to shift away from water and engage the remaining lunatic.
Lunatic 1 takes 5 fire damage from the argent rain zone. It then shifts.
Lunatic 1 uses heavy flail against the guardian idol ally, hitting for 21 damage, bloodying it. It attempts to force the idol into the water but the idol successfully saves.
Folka stands, then uses five storms on Saverous, which hits for 11 damage, adding another 4 damage from his flurry of blows and sliding Saverous 0 squares. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3756931/
Saverous uses overpower on Torinn but misses with a natural 1 (does Sureiya want to use battle awareness MBA?).


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-25) 31/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk), +3 to next attack
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 45/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-8) 46/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-7) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (L-26) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-23/24) 44/90 HP (Bloodied)

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (O-25) -56 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -108 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn), prone DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 3: (O-26) -117 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -188 HP (Bloodied), granting CA to Folka

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
Myn's argent rain zone deals 5 fire damage to creatures that begin their turns in or move into the zone.
>> No. 10722 edit
>>10721

Use Life Siphon off of the idol's damage.
>> No. 10723 edit
Easily dodging the strike aimed at him, Torinn hits back!
Valiant strike : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3756964/ (30, 10)
>> No. 10724 edit
File 135154066113.png - (192.28KB , 661x477 , kan_odorokia2b.png )
10724
"Oh no, you won't!"
At the precise moment Saverous attention is focussed in Torinn, with the precision of an experienced hunter charging at his prey, Sureiya swings his blade cutting deep on Saverous' leg, attempting to incapacitate the mutant.
Battle awareness MBA: Critical! 22 + 7 damage (Alright, I know this is a lot of damage, but please keep it non-lethal)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3757100/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3757119/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3757130/

>> No. 10731 edit
File 135156368043.png - (1.21MB , 1069x670 , archivesZWpng.png )
10731
Myn steals away a bit of the golem's energy at it escapes from its shattered hull, siphoning it away in a stream of grayish energy that trails from the construct's innards to his hand. Meanwhile, Sureiya counters Saverous's attack on Torinn with a brutal attack of his own, attempting to turn his blade sideways for the attack but instead jamming it right through Saverous's chest! Luckily, this isn't enough to kill Saverous, and Torinn beats the mutant with the flat of his blade, attempting to knock it out. Saverous takes the blow in stride--he's stumbling now, and his stance is very weak, but he's still conscious.

Myn uses life siphon, regaining 4 hit points and gaining a +2 bonus to his next attack roll.
Sureiya's battle awareness-granted melee basic attack crits Saverous for 29 damage.
Torinn's valiant strike hits for 10 damage.


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-25) 36/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk), +2 to next attack
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 45/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-8) 46/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-7) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (L-26) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-23/24) 44/90 HP (Bloodied)

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (O-25) -56 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -108 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn), prone DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 3: (O-26) -117 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -227 HP (Bloodied), granting CA to Folka

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
Myn's argent rain zone deals 5 fire damage to creatures that begin their turns in or move into the zone.
>> No. 10733 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
10733
Surprised of the creature being still standing, Sureiya exclaims "This guy is barely conscious! Just knock him down!"
>> No. 10734 edit
Sariel's expression sours and turns grim when she sees her golem get ready to explode.

"Warlock, retreat to the back. There's nothing more we can do."

Fail to stop explosion: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3758222/
>> No. 10735 edit
Moving safely around the mass of water, Myn offers a mental commendation for the best meatshield the group has ever had.

Move action: Move to H-22.
Standard action: Eldritch Blast Experiment 1.
(add 5 to damage from adaptive stratagem)

>> No. 10736 edit
File 135162396295.png - (1.20MB , 1069x670 , archivesZXpng.png )
10736
Sariel is caught by surprise by the sudden, powerful blow to the golem, and her desperate attempt to magically override the golem's fail-safe self-destruct sequence fails.

In a bit of a more mundane occurrence, Myn moves away and blasts the remaining lunatic again with his eldritch beam. It's a solid hit, and the creature is very close to falling--it seems to be teetering, but still furious.

Sariel attempts to shut off the golem but fails.
Myn moves.
Myn's eldritch blast hits the experiment for 26 damage.
The guardian idol ally initiates its self-destruct, hitting experiment 1 and pulling it in close (no effect).


Initiative
Sariel (Liliane): 26+1
Lunatic Experiment 1 (Enemy): 24
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 22
Saverous (Enemy): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
Guardian Idol Ally (Friendly): 11
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-22) 36/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 45/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-8) 46/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-7) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (L-26) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-23/24) 44/90 HP (Bloodied)

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (O-25) -82 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -108 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn), prone DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 3: (O-26) -117 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -227 HP (Bloodied), granting CA to Folka

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10737 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
10737
"It's over!" Sureiya shifts again, and attempt to knockdown Saverous for the last time.
Movement: Shift to I-6
Standard: Twin Strike! (17,14) (31,15) and 5 quarry damage! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3758846/

>> No. 10738 edit
With a hint of regret in her eyes, Sariel whisks herself away to Myn's side.

"Warlock, please instruct that infidel in the way of pain. May his path to death's embrace be wrought with suffering."

Move: Fey Step to G21 (left of Myn)
Standard: Direct the Strike to let Myn attack the Experiment.
Minor: Bid farewell to Idol-kun, my favourite party member. ;_; You shall be missed.

>> No. 10739 edit
>>10738

Finally, a chance to inflict pain and suffering for once.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3759210/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3759214/

>> No. 10741 edit
File 13516406211.png - (1.11MB , 1069x670 , archivesZYpng.png )
10741
Sureiya leaps into the air, and though the swing of his first bastard sword is parried by Saverous's greatclub, the second catches him right in the forehead, and the strike of the flat of the half-orc's blade knocks the mutant out. Saverous drops the cursed greatclub and collapses onto the ground in a heap.

Sariel teleports away, and directs Myn's eldritch blast to finish off the last remaining lunatic. After he successfully dispatches it, the idol she commanded explodes in a fiery blast.

It would seem the dust is settling here, and there are no more enemies to fight. However, there is still much work to be done. There may be some useful items remaining herein, though the rampaging of the experiments and Saverous has destroyed some of the items and equipment.

Sureiya shifts. Sureiya then uses twin strike, missing once and hitting once for 20 damage. This successfully knocks Saverous unconscious.
Sariel uses fey step to teleport 5 squares. Sariel then uses direct the strike on Myn, and Myn's eldritch blast hits for 33 damage, which finishes off the lunatic experiment 1.
Shortly thereafter, the idol ally explodes violently. No one is near enough to be harmed.


Final Stats
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-22) 36/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8, fails next save, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-17) 45/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F-8) 46/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-6) 60/60 HP, water walking
Sariel (Liliane): (G-21) 30/53 HP
Guardian Idol Ally: (M/N-23/24) 44/90 HP (Bloodied)

Enemies
Illithid Cultist: (G-13) -89 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 1: (M-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 2: (N-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 3: (G-26) DEAD
Thrall Zealot 4: (N-23) DEAD
Thrall Archer 1: (P-4) DEAD
Thrall Archer 2: (G-14) DEAD
Thrall Archer 3: (E-16) DEAD
Thrall Archer 4: (E-15) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 1: (O-25) -115 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 2: (O-24) -108 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn), prone DEAD
Lunatic Experiment 3: (O-26) -117 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Guardian Idol 1: (I/J-23/24) -98 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn) DEAD
Guardian Idol 2: (S/T-23/24) -82 HP (Self-Destruct) DEAD
Saverous / Savenoul: (G/H-6/7) -247 HP (Bloodied) Unconscious

Notes
The water is about 10 feet deep and quite murky.
Giving your golem new commands is a minor action.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the aura of an enemy guardian idol, it is slowed until the end of its turn.
>> No. 10742 edit
Sariel furtively glances at Myn, mumbling something approximating, "Well done", but quickly moves past him to stand over Saverous.

"You didn't kill him, did you?"
>> No. 10743 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
10743
Sheathing his swords, Sureiya takes a deep breath and replies "This guy is quite tough, so he should be fine after some healing. I'm more concerned with this demonic club..."
Saying that, Sureiya gives a check to Saverous, and using his heal and nature knowledge wonders what must be done to cure him. After that he will give a short inspection to the room.
Nature and Heal to check Saverous, Perception to check the room.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3759823/

>> No. 10746 edit
>>10743
"Same here. I'm getting some really bad vibes from that thing." Torinn prods it experimentally with his sword, adding, "I'd feel much better if the damnable thing was burned to ashes."
>> No. 10748 edit
Sariel examines the greatclub, assisted by Roth.

Arcana for magic detection.
Religion if it's blessed or cursed or whatever.
History to see if I recall such a weapon. Go.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3760408/

>> No. 10754 edit
Sureiya believes that, with a little time and care, Saverous should regain consciousness shortly. In the meantime, he discovers another one of the fruits you found before. In addition, while most of the alchemical compounds here are horribly vile, some seem like they could be of use--there's quite a haul of alchemical reagents here that could be used in arcane rituals. There's also the cultist's own ritual book, though it appears somewhat burned and damaged from the battle.

Sariel feels a horrid chill upon connecting with the greatclub. Apparently, some vile curse has been placed upon it, and it is likely currently active on Saverous. He has certainly been twisted and mutated by the illithid's experimentations, but he's also being further corrupted by the curse of this greatclub. You believe that the only way to remove the curse is to first disenchant the greatclub, and have one with powerful healing skills attempt to use rituals (remove affliction) to undo its effects. Right now, he is in stage 2--he goes into a rage in combat, and though he can distinguish friend from foe, he acts recklessly and will always use the greatclub's magical power, even though it advances the stage of the curse. In addition, hitting with the greatclub saps some of Saverous's strength (dealing necrotic damage to him). At stage 3, he won't be responsive to healing powers or regain his vitality(he won't be able to regain hit points at all). At stage 4, he will be rendered unconscious and slowly die over the period of several days, unless the curse is removed quickly. The curse advances every time he uses the greatclub's power, which only takes about five minutes to recharge itself--and he is forced to use it whenever he fights.
>> No. 10755 edit
Sariel sighs.

"It is unfortunate, but while I can remove the curse from his weapon, I cannot remove its lingering effects on Saverous."

Disenchant is a 100% success, right? What if he's curse stage 2 and I remove the curse from the club, will the curse still advance?

Also, can I use my Make Whole ritual to repair the damage Saverous has done?

>> No. 10756 edit
File 129625592147.png - (59.43KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana17.png )
10756
Sureiya takes the magical pear, and inspects the magical reagents he found, then he comments "Are you sure? Is he going to die, then?"
>> No. 10765 edit
Saverous... or Savenoul, as he was once called, suddenly jerks to a sitting position, and he looks around wildly, his eyes wide open. "What the--" his gaze moves from face to face of the adventurers gathered around him. "Who... you're not with those things, are you?"
>> No. 10766 edit
>>10765
"You mean the octopus faces? Not at all."
take 10 on diplomacy
>> No. 10768 edit
Savenoul looks at himself, trembles, and then quickly turns to the side and vomits all over the ground. Gasping, he says, "Ugh... agh... those things... made me into a monster, oh gods..." He grips his head tightly and rocks back and forth a bit, saying in a whisper, "Th-the memories are coming back... ooooo..." and then he vomits again.
>> No. 10769 edit
"Disenchanting is entirely safe," Sariel says to Sureiya. "Removing the club's curse shouldn't prove fatal to Savenoul. With what ails his mind I would be ashamed to ask him to wield cursed weaponry in combat, so I presume we are all agreed Savenoul can spend his time recuperating from whatever just happened.

"Unless," Sariel eyes Sureiya especially, "one of you knows a ritual to remove the curse afflicting Savenoul."
>> No. 10770 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
10770
"I got some healing knowledge, but I'm not especially proficient with rituals. Why don't we return to the scrying lab? I think there were some others scrolls back there"
>> No. 10772 edit
File 135202684857.png - (151.42KB , 326x667 , bat21.png )
10772
>>10770
Immediately after suggesting going back, Sureiya walk toward the cursed elve "Stand up man, we are gonna heal you somehow."
Sorry, had to use shoujo battora
>> No. 10773 edit
>>10768
"Easy now, big guy. You're in your right mind again; you're no monster."
>> No. 10774 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
10774
The eladrin mutant tries to stand--and though a bit unsteady, he manages to do so. "Goo--argh, mmm..." he stumbles a bit, but Torinn manages to catch him and help him to his feet. "You... you freed me? You're fighting those things...?" he asks, not looking directly at any of you, but seeming to gaze ahead with glazed-over eyes. It seems he's still getting accustomed to having control over his body and senses again.
>> No. 10775 edit
File 133214550881.jpg - (96.58KB , 600x618 , moeblob.jpg )
10775
While that would probably be more of a secondary objective to finding the leyline, Torinn figures that they'd be guarding it anyway, and answers affirmatively. And he's pissed. "Absolutely. I cannot abide what they've done, and they will pay for it."
>> No. 10776 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10776
"Th-then let me help. I want...payback," Savenoul says, almost snarling as he does so. He gestures towards the cursed magic greatclub. "When I held that thing... I know. The voice told me even a weakling like me can fight with the strength of ten men, if I use that."
>> No. 10777 edit
File 129944752142.png - (24.46KB , 200x200 , well EXCUSE ME princess.png )
10777
>>10776
Torinn gives a look of incredulity, saying, "I don't particularly trust talking objects given to me by somebody who was hell-bent on turning me into some kind of weapon." In an act of what could be recklessness, he picks up the club. "What say you, magic hunk of wood? Tell me your secrets."

Pick up the cursed greatclub
brace for terrible things

>> No. 10778 edit
Sariel is about to warn about the stupidity of grabbing cursed weaponry, but by now she's pretty much used to the Paladin lacking in the insight department.

Just in case, she stands back and braces.


Total Defence and stand at 10 squares distance from Torinn.
>> No. 10779 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
10779
Torinn picks up the greatclub. Nothing happens immediately, though he can feel something unwholesome creeping into his psyche--it's not a physical feeling at all, but it's about the psychic equivalent of biting into something with an extremely disgusting taste. Somewhere beyond that, Torinn hears a very faint "voice" beckoning for him to use the weapon.

...It does not, however, seize control of his body or anything like that. Sariel, knowing much about the curse, knows that you need to actually use the weapon before the curse can take hold, and it does not force the wielder to use it the first time.
>> No. 10780 edit
File 129949536453.png - (538.42KB , 960x539 , get in the car.png )
10780
>>10779
Torinn listens for a moment, makes a face, then drops the club on the ground. "It's evil. It feels absolutely, irrepentantly, unbelievably evil. Makes my skin crawl, has suspicious voices urging violence, and leaves the taste of blood in my mouth. I don't suggest using it for anything other than its residuum value." He faces Savenoul with a stern look, "If you want to help, you'll have to find another way, because I forbid you from using that cursed club."
>> No. 10781 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
10781
"You will have your revenge, but it's no use if you go and die in vain because of this curse. If what Sariel says is true then disenchanting it should't be hard, and it should still be usable as a weapon."
>> No. 10782 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
10782
"I... I have no combat training," Savenoul tries to explain, looking a bit desperate. "I know what it will do to me, but... my body is already like this. At least let me be useful to you in getting back at those aberrations...! Let me put this great strength and endurance I've been given to good use!"

Your ghostly guide is staying outside the garden area. It seems to be rather deliberately entering the room for whatever reason.

Torinn/Sureiya: From what you have seen of him so far, he probably wouldn't be of much use without the cursed greatclub. His reaction time is noticeably slow, and if he lacks training with weaponry on top of that, you doubt he'd be of much use in combat.
>> No. 10783 edit
File 130160247175.png - (85.38KB , 291x478 , kan_defa2.png )
10783
Surprised by his fighting desire, Sureiya doubts for a while his opinion, but in the end he stands resolute.
"I won't lie, you are strong. But look at you right now. We had to beat you to a pulp to stop your rage, you are in no fighting condition. Look, do you remember Archenius? He has been looking for you." says the ranger, walking to the entrance to the laboratory.
"We have your man, library keeper. Now help us to heal him."
>> No. 10784 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
10784
As Sureiya walks away, Savenoul repeats desperately, "I'll b-be fine to fight again, if I just have a few moments to recuperate!"

"I... I'd rather not enter the garden, if that's quite all right. What that illithid has done to it is utterly repulsive," Archeunis replies with no small amount of disgust in his voice. "If you've retrieved Savenoul that's well and good, but I don't have any way to heal him myself."
>> No. 10785 edit
File 130026940684.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua43.png )
10785
"Do you value your life at all, Saverous? Is this cruel desire for revenge stronger than your will to live? No offense, but what would happen if you lose control again and attack us?... I would rather try to find a way to turn you back to normal."
Saying this, and not waiting for a reply, Sureiya gives a look to the group and returns to the scrying room. Once there he attempts to find a healing ritual scroll.
Perception in the room (24) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3767558/
Sureiya desire for healing Saverous translate into amazing reading skills (Arcana, Heal and Nature for reading the scrolls) (19, 23,22) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3767543/

>> No. 10786 edit
File 133236100769.png - (502.15KB , 850x900 , hmm.png )
10786
>>10784
With a light thunk, Torinn smacks a bit of sense back into Savenoul and yells at him. "Get a hold of yourself, man! If you're worried about us, we'll be fine. If you want to make your mark on your enemies, I'll kill them in your name. If you want revenge, live in defiance of that thing's wishes and don't give in to those killer instincts. But I will not let you kill yourself over something we can handle ourselves. "

diplomacy to diplomate http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3767565/ (20)
>> No. 10787 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
10787
Sureiya doesn't find anything that resembles a healing scroll in the security room. However, he does find what appears to be a rather perfect-looking crack in the wall--one that indicates a hidden door, just past the scrying pool. You could reach it if you sidle around...

Savenoul gasps as Torinn's gauntlet-ed hand smacks him in the face, and he rubs his cheek thoughtfully. "Urgh... how can you say that, after what I've been through... I want to make those things pay, and I don't see why I should be making you do it for me!" Despite his apparent outrage, the eladrin makes no hostile gestures towards you, he merely sits on the ground, rubbing the spot where Torinn struck him.
>> No. 10788 edit
"...Why not?"
Sureiya attempts to reach the hidden door.

>> No. 10791 edit
Sariel crosses her arms. "Savenoul, we did not go through this trouble so you could die," she says to him in Elven. "I understand you have great need to exact swift and merciless justice on these abominations, then deposit them in the nearest ditch. However, that is also our goal, and you would be a detriment to us if you wield... that." She nods to the greatclub.

"We've found some other eladrin who've yet survived. It seems to me your suffering has been great and long. Won't you grant yourself some relief and look towards making something of your future, rather than jeopardise it? If you still insist, I will not remove the curse from the greatclub, but think closely on the value of your life!"
>> No. 10795 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
10795
Saverous looks at Sariel briefly, then looks back at the ground. He sputters a bit as he replies, "I... I think it'd be okay if I fought. I'd live... but ultimately, I guess it's up to you guys. You're the ones fighting them, you probably know them best, and you saved me in the first place. I don't mean to throw my life away, just to get back at them."
>> No. 10796 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10796
When Sureiya pushes his way past the hidden barrier--it's a simple, sliding section of the wall, he discovers a small, well-lit chamber. It doesn't appear that any creatures have been here for quite some time. There are several runes inscribed on the walls here, but the chamber is barely big enough to contain two people. Sureiya cannot identify the purpose of the runes at a glance.
>> No. 10797 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
10797
"What could this strange place be?"
Not finding anything else of interest, Sureiya returns with the rest and informs them about te situation.
"I'm sorry, I was sure that place would have plenty ritual scrolls, but I couldn't find any. On the other side, I found an interesting hidden passage to a small chamber with some strange runes in the walls. Sariel, would you mind taking a look to it?"
>> No. 10798 edit
"I suppose," Sariel replies to Sureiya, seeing no retort from Savenoul.
>> No. 10800 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
10800
Just to clarify, there ARE ritual scrolls there, but none for healing.

Sariel follows Sureiya and carefully sidles into the hidden room he discovered. When the eladrin has a look at the runes, she quickly surmises that one of these is probably the rune mentioned by the guard captain--the rune that seals off the tower you just came from.

OOC: You can make an arcana check to try an determine the function of the runes.
>> No. 10801 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
10801
Attempting not to make Sariel feel uncomfortable, Sureiya stay outside while she examine the runes. "Any idea what is this for?"
Actually, which kind of ritual scrolls did Sureiya recognize? Can we loot them?
>> No. 10804 edit
Sariel nods. "Of course."

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3774877/
Reveal your secrets.

>> No. 10805 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10805
Sariel has absolutely no problem identifying that these runes activate spells elsewhere--very advanced spells, that will trigger an intricate sequence to seal off certain buildings. Her advanced knowledge allows her to easily determine which one will seal the tower containing the guard captain and the survivors, protecting them from incursions from the illithids, and she knows exactly how to activate the runes. The only thing she doesn't know is what other buildings the other runes connect to.
>> No. 10807 edit
Understanding a bit of Savenoul's indignation, Torinn tries to calm him down, "So what did you do before you were caught here?"
>> No. 10808 edit
"We can use these to seal off parts of the city," Sariel indicates, pointing at the one she is sure about. "That one seals off the other eladrin we met."
>> No. 10809 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
10809
"Oh yes, I remember now. I wonder if we should really seal it, Sid is waiting for us on that magical boat-thing."
>> No. 10810 edit
File 13495744669.png - (38.44KB , 128x128 , Saverous.png )
10810
"I... I was a mason," Savenoul replies to Torinn's inquiry. "I mostly helped to shape the pearlstone they use for these towers, both inside and out."
>> No. 10811 edit
File 134693658535.png - (217.12KB , 360x454 , A Star Is Born.png )
10811
Savenoul's occupation sparks a vague sense of kinship within Torinn, who muses, "Mason, huh... I had an uncle who was a mason. He liked to work with marble, would probably have given his left leg to see this place." A small thought occurs to him, and he inquires, "You wouldn't happen to know about the rooms these uglies are holed up in, would you? Shape, size, outstanding features?"
take 10 on diplomacy to calm savenoul down some more
>> No. 10812 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
10812
"I, uh... don't know where they are, really," Savenoul said, sounding a bit calmer. "Was kinda out of it when that... orb was still going."
>> No. 10813 edit
>>10812
"I see. Then, do you know where to find any floor plans, maps, or blueprints for the area?"
>> No. 10814 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
10814
"Ah... well, I'm sorry, I don't know," Sanveoul replies sadly. "The higher-ups kept track of all that..."
>> No. 10816 edit
It was worth a shot. "Ah well, don't worry about it, then. We'll deal with the menace ourselves, you just worry about keeping yourself safe."
>> No. 10820 edit
"Nothing for it but to consult the rest," Sariel determines expertly. She leaves the small room Sureiya found, beckoning for the ranger to follow. Finding Savenoul and Torinn in conversation, Sariel bruskly shoves aside the subject for her own.

"We've found the rune that will allow us to seal the city, at least partially. I am more than willing to oblige, but it may cut off our main route of egress. I recognise, however, that I cannot decide such things by myself." She crosses her arms, and looks at each of her companions. Her gaze settles on Torinn.

"Whichever you decide." Mentally, she ponders if it is possible to reverse the process.

Do I need to roll for Arcana?
>> No. 10831 edit
File 129674887945.jpg - (278.84KB , 600x799 , armslooklikedanglinglegs.jpg )
10831
>>10820
"Seal off the vaults as requested. Anything else might just block our way forward."
>> No. 10832 edit
"So, where are we going now? Archenius, do you know where is the rest hiding?"
Sureiya will try to recall if there was any door or passage in the room where the fighted a while ago.
>> No. 10833 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
10833
The ghost replies, from outside the laboratory where he is waiting, "You should be able to access the depths, the non-flooded portions anyway, by taking the stairs in the library's center. If Hemah lives, he is certainly down there, near the leyline."
>> No. 10834 edit
Sariel nods, then turns to Sureiya and Myn. "And you two agree to this, then?"
>> No. 10835 edit
"...I do not like the idea, as there's no certainty than we will find another way out. But I'm willing to take the risk.
Savenoul, return with us to the surface. Curing your curse should be easy feat for the people at the Arcanimus."
>> No. 10836 edit
"I would have to voice an objection, Miss Sariel. Completing our objective and leaving here should be our first priority. If we find a clear way out, we can simply return here and activate the rune at that point."

Myn neglects to mention his view that said survivors would do well to jump in a lake and save them some trouble.
>> No. 10837 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
10837
Folka shrugs, seemingly content to go with whatever the rest of the group decides. Savenoul hesitates for a bit--and then nods. "...very well. I'll go with you then, I suppose."
>> No. 10839 edit
File 130026940684.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua43.png )
10839
Sureiya wonders about Myn reply, and walk toward the ghost waiting outside of the lab ask him. "We found a room with some runes used to seal this area from mugglers and such. Do you know if there's another way to return to the surface if we were going to seal this area?"
>> No. 10840 edit
Sariel questions the ghoast about the function of the other runes, if he'd kindly go along. Regardless, she seals the guard captain's tower, not further entertaining the opinions of her allies. Not through some unsocial device but a cosmic force is impatient.
>> No. 10844 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10844
As Sariel leaves to trigger the rune, the group and Savenoul relocate to outside the laboratory and meet up with their ghostly guide. When Sureiya asks the question, Archeunis responds, "The entire city is at least partially submerged. It would require your transport to relocate, but there should be another way in. I cannot guarantee that, however."

Sariel holds her hand over the rune, and mutters the words she knows will activate the ritual. In the distance, there is a faint rumbling that the eladrin recognizes as sounds that the vaults have been sealed.
>> No. 10845 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
10845
Seeing the Eladrin leave Sureiya shrugs and say "While I think the same as you, Myn, it seems she decided already.Let's waste no more time, that crazy man should have noticed our presence by now. Let's return to the library. "
>> No. 10848 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10848
The party groups around the center of the archives, and the ghost rejoins them--Savenoul trudges behind you dejectedly, as Torinn is carrying the cursed greatclub. There are two sets of spiral stairs leading downwards, and as Archeunis explains, "Both converge below, and lead to what was once a large, empty chamber where some empty bookshelves were kept. At the time of the crisis, we were in the process of stocking them with books, but I imagine they are empty now. The wards the cultists have set up prevent me from proceeding farther, and so I apologize, I will be unable to render further aid to you beyond this point."

You notice that Archeunis seems to be avoiding eye contact with Savenoul.
>> No. 10849 edit
"You've helped us plenty already, we can take it from here. And, uh, your friend is back to himself. Sort of."
>> No. 10850 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
10850
Archeunis averts his eyes as Torinn speaks, and huffs a bit. "...it is difficult to look upon the full range of what those abominations have despoiled."

Savenoul almost looks embarrassed at this, and turns away himself.
>> No. 10851 edit
>>10850
Torinn pounds his fists together, growling, "They'll pay for it. By the Platinum Dragon's scales, they'll pay for it." The dragonborn whistles, and a familiar figure steps out from the mist, in much better shape than he was earlier.
>> No. 10855 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10855
>>10854
Continued~
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason