[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 135346942557.png - (530.03KB , 1010x670 , depthsA.png )
10854 No. 10854 edit
With no objections to the contrary, the group passes down the nearest stairway. The area is rather enclosed, though on the way you pass several areas that look like they led to other sections of the library at one point--but no longer do so, due to broken pathways and rubble.

Eventually, you work you way to the bottom of the stairs. The air down here is cold and damp, and it's eerily quiet. You appear to be standing in a small, circular room at the base of both stairways, and a large door similar to the others you have seen in this tower blocks your path.
Expand all images
>> No. 10856 edit
File 129625592147.png - (59.43KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana17.png )
10856
Not liking Archenius attitude, Sureiya comments. "Don't take that man's words too seriously. That ghost speciality are books, not manners, apparently."
Check door, lol less than take 10 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3795165/
>> No. 10857 edit
File 129913328329.png - (255.85KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p12.png )
10857
Sureiya doesn't notice anything unusual about the door.
>> No. 10858 edit
Growing impatient, Torinn simply forces the door open.

move up 1 square
open the door

>> No. 10860 edit
File 135354383253.png - (492.88KB , 1010x670 , depthsB.png )
10860
Torinn opens the door without incident, and the party starts to filter into the room beyond. It's a rather small, simple room, with a blue rug and a chandelier for lighting. There are doors to the west and east, connecting angular walls.
>> No. 10865 edit
File 129460800532.png - (27.71KB , 700x700 , kan_majimea3.png )
10865
Giving a glance to the room, the ranger questions, while moving to the west one. "To where, now?"
Another lower than take ten perception check (21) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3796848/
>> No. 10866 edit
File 135362607211.png - (762.40KB , 1010x670 , depthsC.png )
10866
Sureiya doesn't find much interesting about the door itself. However, when the door is opened, there's quite a lot to see on the other side of it.

Before you is what appears to be a continuation of the library structure above, with tables, bookshelves, and sparse decoration. However, there is no vegetation here apart from a damp moss that is growing on the floor and walls, and the bookshelves are mostly empty. There are a few tomes here and there, and some more scattered on the floor to the north. Lighting runes on the walls provide sufficient illumination.

The air here is thick with moisture, and, perhaps most importantly, you see signs of battle here. Blood is splattered over the floor, and there are four bodies in front of you--two eladrin cultists, a mutant drown, and a illithid guard, all creatures you have fought before elsewhere in the undersea ruins. Sureiya notices that the blood appears that the blood still looks fresh--whenever these creatures were killed, it couldn't have been more than a few hours ago.

Savenoul gasps at the sight.
>> No. 10867 edit
Audio sm24.mp3 - (4.61MB )
10867
>> No. 10868 edit
File 129828845679.png - (73.89KB , 291x478 , kanonwithamonocle.png )
10868
"This happened recently... But why?" says the ranger, astonished. "There's too much blood on the floor, Which kind of creature would attack the Illith's minions and leave them this way?"
Saying this, Sureiya enters the room and inspects the wounds on the corpses, then try to look for any other hint left in the battlefield.
Perception to check the room (25), heal and nature to attempt to identify the wounds (10,11) lol
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3798150/
Insight to gather the information (15) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3798151/

>> No. 10869 edit
File 13537062564.png - (777.87KB , 1010x670 , depthsD.png )
10869
When Sureiya enters the room to inspect it, he finds... a lot more bodies. Also, the room is quite large, and appears to be more of a passageway that angles to the south a short distance ahead.

Aside from the conclusions he's already drawn, however--that the blood is fresh--Sureiya is unable to gather much more from the scene in front of him. He does note the presence of a brazier illuminating the area with an eerie green light along the north wall. There are a few tables and chairs here as well, and a lot more moss, blood, and bookshelves.
>> No. 10870 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
10870
"Ten corpses. This is bad." After that, the ranger walks and open the door to the east.
>> No. 10871 edit
File 135373485569.png - (588.53KB , 1010x670 , depthsE.png )
10871
Upon opening the door to the east, Sureiya encounters a similarly grisly scene. At this point Savenoul actually retches.
>> No. 10872 edit
File 130356493351.jpg - (158.56KB , 512x266 , protectarou.jpg )
10872
"Make that sixteen," Torinn remarks, moving to the front. "Get behind me, whatever did this might still be out there."
>> No. 10873 edit
Sariel glances about with mild satisfaction.

"An enemy of my enemy is my friend," she quips. "I would speak with whoever is responsible for this."
>> No. 10874 edit
"That's only if the creature who did this is willing to talk." Sureiya answers. "Torinn, guide the way."
>> No. 10875 edit
File 135388516188.png - (718.03KB , 1010x670 , depthsF.png )
10875
Torinn takes the lead as the group proceeds onwards, and there are a lot more corpses and blood splatters here. What few books once filled the shelves have been scattered over the ground. It appears something like a whirlwind, or an intense battle took place here.
>> No. 10878 edit
File 135399525856.png - (503.13KB , 1010x670 , depthsG.png )
10878
...winding their way around the hallway reveals more corpses and bookshelves, and more scenes of battle, until you curve back to the west and meet a door blocking your path.
>> No. 10879 edit
Sariel frowns.

"More doors."
>> No. 10880 edit
File 132820271150.png - (74.24KB , 527x442 , anon_point.png )
10880
"Let's find the responsible of this mess!" Preparing himself with his bastard swords, Sureiya opens the door with a manly kick.
>> No. 10881 edit
File 135405061670.png - (552.34KB , 1010x670 , depthsH.png )
10881
Sureiya's kick doesn't knock over the door, but kicking the activation rune in the door's center works as well as pushing it, apparently, though it's much more noisy. The door slides open.

The area beyond is much emptier than the area you are currently in, though the air is much the same--thick with moisture. You hear the distant sound of running water as well.

Sureiya: You also hear amongst the sounds of water what sounds like one or more creatures breathing heavily. Of course, given how loudly you just opened the door it's likely they heard you as well.
>> No. 10882 edit
Sariel follows Sureiya.
>> No. 10883 edit
Torinn's face twitches slightly in annoyance as he psychically chastises the architect of this area. Not even sure that they're going the right way anymore, he pulls out the device Cid gave him and consults it for directions.
>> No. 10884 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
10884
Actually consulting the device seems like a good idea. Based on the coloration of the arrow, Torinn can tell they are close, and it points northwest.
>> No. 10886 edit
"This says the leyline is to the northwest. And it's real close."

Experimenting, Torinn backtracks to the center of the room they just came from.
>> No. 10887 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
10887
At that point, the arrow points directly south.
>> No. 10888 edit
>>10887
"Now it's directly south of here. Must be in that room." Not liking the idea of everybody being caught on one side, Torinn attempts to head southwest in search of the opposite door.
>> No. 10890 edit
File 129652691796.jpg - (79.78KB , 640x480 , kanongununu.jpg )
10890
"The Leyline is near? So this freak must be too. I heard something weird there, so be on guard!"
Perception check! (19) Move a bit ahead (evade the evil rug.)
Prepare an action, ranged attack with my farbong spellblade if there's any hostile creature in range.

>> No. 10891 edit
File 135414679932.png - (148.16KB , 1010x670 , depthsI.png )
10891
As Torinn makes his way around the western side of the depths, Sureiya cautiously advances to the west from the side the rest of the party is on. Not much chances, the sound of running water is constant, and Sureiya still detects the sound of heavy, gurgling breathing in the distance. However, despite the fact that they must have heard your entrance, nothing confronts you.
>> No. 10892 edit
Here goes something.
force door open
>> No. 10893 edit
File 135414869231.png - (236.36KB , 1010x670 , depthsJ.png )
10893
Torinn doesn't have to do much to open the door, the activation rune in the center allows the door to slide open once he presses on it. Riding Rutger beyond the doorway, he sees a similar scene to the other side, though the green rug here is in worse shape, and there's a bit more moss.

The rest of the party hears the sound of one of the doors opening in the distance, to the west.
>> No. 10895 edit
move toward the opening and examine the stuff in the room in passing
>> No. 10896 edit
File 13541500248.png - (361.92KB , 1010x670 , depthsK.png )
10896
Torinn and Sureiya press forward, and eventually spot each other on opposite ends of the pathway. There are candelabras here providing illumination, along with a grand chandelier in the center of the hallway, and a lot of moss on the ground, ceiling, and walls.

There are two large creatures here, standing besides a path that apparently goes north. Their forms are those of illithid humanoids, with purlish-blue skin, similar to the stygian guards you fought before, but larger and more muscular. They hunch forward, favoring their left shoulder, which is over-sized and ends in five thick tentacle-like appendages rather than an arm. Their right arm is normal-sized, though muscular, and each of them grips a blood-stained bastard sword. The western one stares at Torinn as he approaches, and the eastern one stares at Sureiya. Oddly enough, however, their black eyes seem to bear no malice--they seem empty and somewhat listless, and the two illithids make no motion to attack you.

Almost immediately after they turn to face you, both Sureiya and Torinn have their thoughts invaded by a voice that communicates with them telepathically: Welcome. I have been expecting you.
>> No. 10897 edit
File 134713695973.png - (202.64KB , 325x299 , pleasepretendtheresaboatnear.png )
10897
"Expecting us? The last time I heard that the whole area became a hellish battlefield!" Sureiya exclaims, not aware only Torinn and him listened to the mysterious voice. Then he shouts again, while being notably angered.
"Resign right now or prepare yourself to meet with your minions in the afterlife!"
Perception, meh another 6 (18) http://orokos.com/roll/86115
>> No. 10900 edit
Ah. How cute. They were waiting for us.
"So you know why we're here, then. Hemah, right?"
>> No. 10904 edit
File 135422867879.png - (35.72KB , 128x128 , hemah.png )
10904
I am unsure as to what you mean. the voice responds to Sureiya's aggression. The illithid remains devoid of expression, and stands idle where it is. It is at this point two things happen--the voice begins broadcasting its voice to everyone present, and you all become aware that it doesn't feel like it's the illithid itself projecting thoughts to you--it's almost as if they are being relayed from somewhere else, and you are merely being telepathically called by someone not present. I am Hemah, an eladrin mage. The two beings you see before you are my servants. I apologize for the display outside, but the slaves of the mind flayers had to be eliminated. If you'll follow these brutish creatures inside the center chamber, I will explain."
>> No. 10905 edit
Sariel frowns with suspicion.

"Never trust a disembodied voice," she mumbles, eyeing her comrades curiously.
>> No. 10906 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
10906
"Aren't you the same as them? Do you expect us to trust you seeing you have mindless guards as well? Show yourself if you want to talk!"
>> No. 10907 edit
File 135425467525.png - (437.06KB , 1010x670 , depthsL.png )
10907
Apologies, but I will not leave the leyline's chamber. My connection to the master's visions is at its strongest here, comes the voice's response. However, do not begrudge me for making use of what I have. Turning the illithid's minions against each other and then taking command of what was left was the only reasonable choice at that point. If you do not wish to enter, very well, but I will be waiting in the center chamber should you change your mind... with the leyline.
>> No. 10908 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
10908
Sureiya gives a troubled face to his companions, and then mumble some words "So, what now?"
>> No. 10909 edit
Torinn facepalms/faceclaws, muttering "I'm surrounded by hypocrites" before suggesting aloud, "We do what we came here to do and go inside."
>> No. 10913 edit
Sariel shakes her head at how the party appears to never even once consider that people are cunning and deceitful and traps are everywhere.

"This is way too easy," she mentions. "One way or the other we will see blood before the end of this adventure."
>> No. 10914 edit
Torinn mutters, "It's never that easy," before forcing the doors open.
>> No. 10915 edit
File 135448393065.png - (452.17KB , 1010x670 , depthsM.png )
10915
When Torinn moves towards the door, one of the stygians just turns around and presses the activation rune, causing the door to slide open. The other backs away, seemingly waiting for the party to make its way inside.

As the group approaches the door, those in the lead spot where the sound of rushing water is coming from: there is a small waterfall immediately on the other side of the door. The amount of water falling does not appear dangerous, and it's not moving especially fast as it seems to be falling from just above the doorway.
>> No. 10916 edit
File 135448411335.png - (455.46KB , 1010x670 , depthsN.png )
10916
Do not mind the waterfall, comes the voice claiming to be Hemah. Come in. There is much to discuss.

As if to prove the point, the lead stygian guard pushes his way through the waterfall with ease. The floor beyond is quite wet, but it doesn't appear especially hazardous. Still, Saveneoul growls, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Myn's imp familiar chitters from his shoulder, and counters in a speech that only he can hear, "He who hesitates is lost~!"
>> No. 10917 edit
The eladrin shrugs. "If we're going to commit to this foolhardy trust, best I take the lead."

She adds, "At least my mind is least likely to be dominated by these wretched monsters."

So saying, Sariel approaches the waterfall and steps through.
>> No. 10919 edit
File 135449691227.png - (777.04KB , 1010x670 , depthsO.png )
10919
Sariel moves through the waterfall first. Though she is quite soaked in the process, she otherwise manages to go through without incident.

The room beyond is large, and oddly devoid of vegetation, unlike the other rooms you have encountered in the towers thus far. There are, however, two large pools of water here, and three fountains. All of the water appears crystal clear, almost eerily so. In the center of the room is a large, wicked-looking throne made of something that resembles twisted, discolored pearl. Sitting on the throne is a humanoid figure dressed in brownish and orangeish cloaks and wrappings that cover even his head and his face below the nose. His eyes appear out-of-focus, and his eyelids flutter constantly, as if in a deep sleep.

The most significant feature of this room, however, is in the ceiling. It at first appears featureless, but running through the middle in an irregular pattern is something quite similar to what you saw in Sankis's chamber--a translucent membrane of some sort that appears to be "holding back" a chaotic torrent of water. It gives off an unnatural, soft, aqua-blue glow that pulses at a seemingly random interval. Every so often, Sariel thinks she sees a portion of the membrane shudder, as if it's about to spill its contents... but it doesn't. This is, without a doubt, the elemental leyline.

"Welcome to the depths of Heyl'r," speaks the figure on the throne. "I am Hemah, the dreamer."
>> No. 10920 edit
"...Hello. If what I've heard ia true, you seem to know who we are and why we're here. So my question for you is this; what do you want from us, now that you've called us here?"
>> No. 10921 edit
File 135451046571.png - (730.27KB , 1010x670 , depthsP.png )
10921
The group filters into the room, and the remaining stygian moves in behind them. Savenoul looks quite nervous, and Hemah shows no visible change in expression at Torinn's words.

"From your limited view, I can see how things must appear so simple," the mage replies. "However, the weave we are caught in is far more intricate than that of even the vile Lloth. Even in my dreams, I can glimpse only a fraction of the master's grand vision. Though I serve the master as a prophet, in the end I am as much a pawn as all of you are."

He stands on the throne, and spreads his arms. You notice his feet don't actually appear to be touching the steps leading up to the throne, he instead hovers a few inches above. He continues to speak, saying, "I do not know why you have come. I merely know why you are here." He levels his gaze, meeting each of you eye-to-eye in turn. "Even if you do not."
>> No. 10922 edit
File 129611866875.png - (84.80KB , 291x478 , kan_nayamua.png )
10922
"This place... Did you cause this place to submerge in order to access the leyline?" The ranger asks, trying his best not to start a fight right now.
>> No. 10923 edit
File 135422867879.png - (35.72KB , 128x128 , hemah.png )
10923
"Such a thing is well beyond my own power," Hemah replies, remaining almost eerily still as he does so. "I told them it would happen, but they did not listen. It was in the master's dreams. It was fated. Aftershocks of the spellplague. Accept whichever explanation you think is best." He gestures slowly, deliberately, with one hand. "Such things are inevitable when even the gods die. The actions of most mean very little, yet you... I have seen it in my dreams. The master has taken notice of you, and your objective... yes, I believe it is very important."
>> No. 10924 edit
"The 'master'?" Sariel repeats. "The Fell King?"
>> No. 10925 edit
The sleepwalking Myn lightly flicks his imp with great force as Hemah's words begin to draw his attention.

"He both calls himself a pawn and understands our importance? It's rare to meet such an amicable fellow on these excursions."

>> No. 10926 edit
File 135422867879.png - (35.72KB , 128x128 , hemah.png )
10926
Hemah brings his hands together in front of him and levels his gaze towards the party, his sleeves joining and hiding his hands. He continues, "I understand your confusion. I do serve the one you call the Fell King, for he himself carries a great destiny. He shall bring the master into this world. My pact with the Fell King has given my mortal mind an eternal life as part of the elemental leyline. Yet for all of his importance, he is still a mortal like I, and unable to see the grand scope of the master's plan."

He looks upwards, and his eyes suddenly go completely black. He continues to speak, "The master lives in the Outside. Your people sometimes call this place the Far Realms. Your universe only touches the Outside in the most distant places--like the far reaches of space, or the deepest depths of the sea. That is why my connection to the master's dreams is so strong in this place, because we are 'closer' to the Outside here than above."

Hemah lowers his gaze and nods towards the group, "You, too, are integral to the master's plan. And yet in all of my dreams, I have not been able to grasp your role in all this. That is why I find you all so intriguing."
>> No. 10927 edit
>>10926
"And? What do you want from us?"
>> No. 10928 edit
File 135422867879.png - (35.72KB , 128x128 , hemah.png )
10928
"Ah, but the real question is, what do you intend to do?" Hemah says as a vague response. "For now, meeting you should be enough. In time, I may be able to see into your dreams as well. However, the Fell King does have a task for me, so I do not have the time to fully sate my curiosity on this matter. The matter of taking care of the illithids who sought only personal gain and thought they could take the master's place has been completed, with your help. Now I can move onto the Fell King's own objectives."
>> No. 10929 edit
File 135458057018.jpg - (227.85KB , 709x501 , spooky.jpg )
10929
Not being a good liar, Torinn gives a brief description that doesn't give away anything too important, "We're here on world-saving business. We could help you with your goals, but first, we need to do what we came here for. To that end, we need to borrow some of the leyline's power. If you don't mind?"
Diplomacy to request harnessing the leyline : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3811638/ 16
>> No. 10930 edit
File 135460479076.png - (879.03KB , 1010x670 , depthsQ.png )
10930
"I apologize, but my own connection to the leyline would probably block any other attempt to commune with it," Hemah explains, nodding his head a few times. "I must strengthen my own connection, for manipulating the sea on the level the Fell King requests is no small feat. Luckily, there are many reagents in this locale I can send my servants to gather. The Fell King's potential power is extraordinary, you know--without his help, conjuring tropical storms to unleash on the Sword Coast and Moonshae Isles would be impossible."
>> No. 10941 edit
File 12962466981.png - (59.56KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria33.png )
10941
Hemah words don't fail on Sureiya's expectation. The ranger notably react to his words, but decide to wait a little more.
"This guy..."

>> No. 10943 edit
Torinn smiles politely and nods, declining to say anything. An observant person, however, might notice a trace of spittle leaking out of the corner of his mouth.
>> No. 10946 edit
"Tropical storms on... the Moonshae Isles?" Sariel furrows her brow and crosses her arms, lightly brushing over the gems embedded in both her gauntlets; They both begin to softly shimmer with magical energy.

"You betrayed the Coure of Coral for that? To send tropical storms onto the mainland?" Her face contorts in disgust. "Dealing with illithids is a sick hobby, but to betray your people to become puppet to another and literally storm the homeland is a depth not even the warlock here could ever reach." Her voice grows steadily in volume, and her eyes flash with anger.

"Death would be too good a fate for a pathetic mongrel such as you!"

Minor Action: Ready shield.
Minor Action: Ready orb/implement.
Standard Action: Say mean words, but for some reason do not launch into attack.

>> No. 10947 edit
File 129610615227.jpg - (16.74KB , 91x74 , nyoro~n.jpg )
10947
Torinn grabs Sariel by the scruff of her robes and forcibly drags her out of the room, apologizing to Hemah, "I apologize for my friend here, it's that time of the month after all, you know how it is. We'll all just step outside for a second and cool our heads." He urgently motions for the rest of the adventurers to follow.

Diplomacy to defuse situation : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3817036/ (24)
>> No. 10948 edit
File 135501140494.png - (879.28KB , 1010x670 , depthsR.png )
10948
Torinn attempts to pull Sariel out of the room, but pauses as he notices one of the larger stygian guards standing in front of the door. Hemah replies to the outburst calmly and steadily, saying, "They would die when the master is made manifest in this world regardless, so the Fell King's request wasn't unreasonable. But, did you not have something to do here?"

The stygian guard positions itself to block the doorway and won't let Torinn pass by.
>> No. 10949 edit
File 129973551852.png - (45.79KB , 300x300 , WRYUUUUUUUU!!!.png )
10949
>>10948
Torinn twitches slightly, ever so close to losing all composure and running the smug bastard through. With the last little bit of calmness he has left, he poses the question, "Yes. We need to perform a ritual on that leyline that would let us know where the Fell King is. Are you going to allow us to do that?"
>> No. 10950 edit
File 130568883698.png - (85.87KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana1.png )
10950
Sureiya does nothing but stand still, staring at Hemah, waiting for the appropriate second to launch an attack.
Prepare an action: as soon as the situation becomes hostile, charge at Hemah.
>> No. 10951 edit
File 135422867879.png - (35.72KB , 128x128 , hemah.png )
10951
Hemah seems to freeze for a moment, then replies in the same eerily calm voice, "I cannot. That would be a betrayal of the Fell King."
>> No. 10952 edit
File 13006364745.jpg - (414.00KB , 844x1295 , power readings are off the scale.jpg )
10952
And there it is. Negotiations broken down, Rutger clears the distance between himself and Hemah and savagely tears into the eladrin, Torinn's face contorted in fury.

Battle Pounce : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3817326/ (23, 23)
>> No. 10957 edit
Audio 114_Battle_2.mp3 - (4.70MB , 114 Battle 2.mp3 )
10957
Torinn and his big cat leap over the elite and crash down atop Hemah, knocking him back into his throne. As soon as Rutger collides with Hemah against the throne, the entire thing explodes in a massive burst of steam that temporarily blinds everyone present. When the steam clears, Torinn and his big cat are standing where the throne used to be, and Hemah is prone on the ground before him.

Hemah shakily says, "Is this... another of the master's dreams?"
>> No. 10958 edit
File 135510316746.png - (843.17KB , 1010x670 , depthsT.png )
10958
Almost immediately after the steam clears and Hemah speaks, three strange-looking, tentacle-like appendages emerge from the fountains in the room. Each one appears to be a purplish-gray stalk, ending in a single yellow eye. They twitch unnervingly and constantly shift their gaze from one adventurer to another.

The nearest stygian elite wastes no time in defending its master, smacking its bastard sword against Torinn's armor, bruising the skin underneath. Torinn gives a little ground and the elite moves in, attempting to knock Torinn over with a heavy slam of its over-sized shoulder, but the dragonborn proves too stalwart for the abomination to topple.

Torinn is the first of the party to react.

Torinn uses battle pounce, hitting Hemah for 23 damage and knocking him prone.
A great reverberation and a blast of steam envelops Hemah and his throne, shaking all adventurers present. All readied actions are cancelled.
Stygian elite uses its bastard sword on Torinn, which hits for 13 damage. It then attempts to slam him as part of the same action, but misses.


Initiative
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-10) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 48/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G/H-12/13) 51/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-12/13) 32/32 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-24) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (L-11) 53/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (O/P-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (F-12) -23 HP, prone
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13)
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13)
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3)
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
>> No. 10959 edit
Audio 107_Condemnation_of_Darkness.mp3 - (3.63MB , 107 Condemnation of Darkness.mp3 )
10959
Trying and failing to hit the stygian guard, Torinn chances shifting away and starts whaling on him with a combined assault from his breath weapon and Rutger's jaws. The dragonborn seethes at Hemah, roaring, "For all the people that have suffered because of you, because of your actions, in the name of your abominable master, I swear upon myself, my clan, and the Platinum Dragon that I will strike you down, Hemah!"

Miss with Valiant Strike and Holy Smite vs. Stygian Elite http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3818425/
Shift to F/G 13/14
Dragon breath misses Hemah http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3818434/
Spend an action point
Bite vs. Hemah http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3818436/ (deals 16 damage)

>> No. 10961 edit
File 135511100599.png - (173.21KB , 1100x791 , iwarnedyoubro.png )
10961
Slow to react, the ranger analyzes his opponents.
Dungeoneering (22,21)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3818492/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3818609/

>> No. 10963 edit
File 135511220224.png - (785.15KB , 1010x670 , depthsU.png )
10963
Sureiya knows a bit about the tentacles and stygian elites, though not a whole lot.

Dungeoneering (Stygian Elite, Sureiya): These servants from the deep are similar to the stygian guards you fought before. They are horrid, twisted illithid creatures, often serving as muscle for their mind flayer superiors and the result of their abominable experimentations. Proficient with weapons, they use them in tandem with their mutated shoulders to overpower their enemies. They are level 8 soldiers, well-suited to controlling the area around them.

Dungeoneering (Eye Tentacle, Sureiya): Wretched appendages of a far greater horror, these tentacles serve as sensory organs for a larger being dwelling in the Far Realm. While it is often not possible for the more horrid creatures of the Far Realm to pass directly through dimensions to the mortal plane, smaller tears in reality are common in places where the boundary between worlds has been weakened, and the tentacles often slip through these cracks. The eye tentacles are quite weak, being level 7 minion artillery, but they will continually blast foes with lightning and necrotic energy if left unchecked. These tentacles appear to be helping Hemah for some reason, most likely belonging to a Far Realm denizen aligned with Hemah or his master.

Torinn's initial attack on the nearby illithid horror is parried by a quick counter-strike from the elite's blade, but the dragonborn wastes no time in whirling around and unleashing a torrent of lighting from his maw towards Hemah. Unfortunately, he aims too high, possibly due to Rutger's bucking, and the lightning shoots over Hemah's prone form. Torinn manages a stab into the fallen mage's side, however, slashing through his robes.

The nearby tentacle locks its gaze on Torinn, and a thin, purplish-gray beam of necrotic energy shoots out of its pupil and strikes Torinn directly in the chest, and begins to suck away the paladin's life-force. Even as the cavalier's reactions begin to slow, a hole suddenly opens in the ground nearby, as it seems to dissolve away into water. It's very weird to watch, but soon, there is a large, watery hole where there was once solid ground, and the water is spinning at a very rapid rate. Both Torinn and Rutger are immediately caught in struggling in the torrent of water, as the whirlpool threatens to drag them under.

Sariel is next to act!

Torinn's valiant strike with holy smite misses the stygian elite 1 for 6 radiant damage.
Torinn's dragon breath misses Hemah.
Torinn shifts, provoking tentacles from the stygian elite, but it misses.
Torinn spends an action point! Torinn uses Rutger's bite, which hits Hemah for 16 damage (+8 from Inspiring Presence).
Eye tentacle 1 shoots Torinn with its mind flay, which hits inflicting ongoing 5 necrotic damage, and Torinn is slowed (save ends both).
Hemah's mastery of the leyline trait allows him to use channel the leyline. The leyline's attack hits Torinn and Rutger for 9 damage, and both are restrained until escape (DC 17). The leyline attack creates a whirlpool zone.


Initiative
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-10) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 48/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F/G-13/14) 42/64 HP, ongoing 5 necrotic damage and slowed (save ends both), restrained (escape DC 17)
Rutger (Astaroth): (F/G-13/14) 28/32 HP , restrained (escape DC 17)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-24) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (L-11) 53/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (O/P-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (F-12) -39 HP, prone, sanctioned
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -6 HP
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13)
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3)
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
>> No. 10964 edit
File 135511308740.png - (724.16KB , 640x853 , 131399190291.png )
10964
"Deal with the tentacle-eyes first! One smash should easily deal with them!"
>> No. 10970 edit
Sariel decides quickly. A swift spell empowers Torinn's attacks and bolsters his ability to shake off ailments, while a powerful command flows from her lips.

"Cretin, you will pay the price for betraying the Courts!" she hisses in ElvenEladrin, empowering the words and her sharp gaze as she mentally attacks Hemah and his aide. She finds her gaze inadvertently drawn to the grotesque illithid, and focuses her assault on its feeble mind, rooting it in place.

She moves immediately, flanking Hemah as she empowers Torinn once more and grants him a swift strike powered with magic.


Minor: Adaptive Stratagem for Torinn so he has +5 to damage, +3 to saving throws.
ACTION POINT: Standard Action: Glare of Oppression, centred so Hemah and his guard are attacked.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3820848/
CRIT: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3820850/
Guard takes 36 radiant damage and is immobilised (save ends).
Hemah takes 9 damage and is slowed until end of my next turn.
Both grant Regeneration 3 to the next of my allies to hit either of them, at which point this effect ends for both of them.

Move: To F-11, weaving around the illithid by two spaces.
Standard2: Commander's Strike, Torinn gets to make an MBA with a +5 damage bonus against Hemah.

>> No. 10972 edit
>>10970
Since Hemah didn't have enough pain before, Torinn brings the pain to Hemah.

MBA : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3820868/ 26, 20
>> No. 10974 edit
File 135527769073.png - (928.25KB , 1010x670 , depthsV.png )
10974
With a flurry of bravado, Sariel turns her fury into a potent psychic attack that seems to freeze the stygian elite guard in its tracks, and Hemah writhes on the ground under her gaze, saying, "I see it now..." Bolstered by Sariel's quick thinking, Torinn brings his blade down on the prone Hemah, cutting his gasping revelation off.

Folka moves southward to prevent the other elite from interfering, and flips into a brutal snap-kick in the middle of the beast's chest, which makes a horrid squelching sound as it reels from the blow. A follow-up series of attacks knocks the illithid to the west, allowing Savenoul room to escape. At the same time, one of the eye tentacle shoots a thin, greenish bolt of energy which strikes Sariel firmly in the shoulder, burning away at her robes with electric energy.

Sariel spends an action point! Sariel uses adaptive stratagem on Torinn.
Sariel's glare of oppression CRITS the stygian elite for 36 radiant damage and it is immobilized (save ends). It misses Hemah for 9 damage and Hemah is slowed until the end of Sariel's next turn. Both gain the effect of glare of oppression.
Sariel moves, then uses commander's strike, which hits Hemah for 20 damage.
Folka moves, then uses open the gate of battle, which hits for 25 damage, plus an extra 4 damage from flurry of blows. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3821173/
Eye tentacle 2 blasts Sariel with its eye beam for 8 damage.


Initiative
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-10) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 48/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F/G-13/14) 42/64 HP, ongoing 5 necrotic damage and slowed (save ends both), restrained (escape DC 17), +5 damage and +3 to saves, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (F/G-13/14) 28/32 HP , restrained (escape DC 17)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-24) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (F-11) 45/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (O/P-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (F-12) -68 HP, prone, sanctioned, slowed
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -42 HP, immobilized (save ends), next ally who hits gains regen 3
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13) -29 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3)
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
>> No. 10975 edit
Deep Speech: "I too feel as if this is a waste, but those who submit themselves to the rule of others will inevitably meet a pitiable end."

Despite his words, Myn decides to leisurely stroll around the pool and toss a spell at the eyeball thing instead of join in on the eladrin-bullying.

Move action: Move to O-6.
Minor action: Curse Eye Tentacle 2.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Eye Tentacle 2.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3821281/

>> No. 10976 edit
File 135528379768.png - (929.58KB , 1010x670 , depthsW.png )
10976
Myn casually strides forward, and though he is successful in places his horrific curse on the nearby eye tentacle, he is less successful in hitting it with the beam of eldritch energy shot from his fingertip.

Hemah groggily stands, bending forward slightly and drooping his head. "This reality is nothing but a dream of the gods..." His head snaps up, and he announces, "...and what becomes of the dreams of those in an eternal sleep...?"

As he says the second part, he vanishes from his space. A split-second later, he reappears--in three difference places. Each Hemah hovers over the surface of the water, and they seem to move completely in tandem--one's gesture is mirrored by the other two. And they do gesture, and suddenly the half-orc feels a will far beyond his own comprehension seize his body. In moments Sureiya finds himself barreling towards Myn, and attempting to skewer the warlock with his blade. Though it's not a direct hit, the force of the strike still knocks Myn silly and leaves him off-balance, open to further attack.

Sureiya then comes to, realizing what he's just done.

Myn moves to O-6 and curses the nearby eye tentacle since he can't see the stygian elite. His eldritch blast misses the eye tentacle.
Hemah stands from prone.
Hemah uses mirror step, teleporting 5 squares, and two other Hemahs appear.
Hemah spends an action point! Hemah's mind wrench hits Sureiya, forcing him to charge Myn. Sureiya hits Myn for 17 damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3821314/
Hemah takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's divine sanction.


Initiative
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-6) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 4, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 48/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F/G-13/14) 42/64 HP, ongoing 5 necrotic damage and slowed (save ends both), restrained (escape DC 17), +5 damage and +3 to saves, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (F/G-13/14) 28/32 HP , restrained (escape DC 17)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-7) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (F-11) 45/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (O/P-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-17? E-8? J-8?) -75 HP, sanctioned, slowed
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -42 HP, immobilized (save ends), next ally who hits gains regen 3
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -29 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn)
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 10977 edit
Sariel is slow to think.

Knowledge: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3821485/
>> No. 10978 edit
File 135422867879.png - (35.72KB , 128x128 , hemah.png )
10978
Sariel: Leyline (Arcana): From what you've witness, you think that standing in the whirlpool left by the leyline would be highly dangerous. The whirlpool, when conjured, will restrain anything that succumbs to the attack, and linger for a while, making passage difficult (the zone is difficult terrain). If you dare attempt to traverse the whirlpool or linger within it too long, you may be sucked into the space between worlds that the leyline's power is drawing from (if you enter the zone or end your turn within it you are removed from play). The whirlpool will eventually swell up and become a massive wave of water that blasts anything in its path, though in the process it will regurgitate anything caught within (at the start of the leyline's next initiative, it makes an attack in a close blast 3, using a square in the zone as the origin. Anything hit by the attack is damaged and pushed 3 squares, and anything removed from play by the zone returns at this point and is automatically hit by the attack). Killing or otherwise disabling Hemah appears to be the only way to stop the leyline from unleashing its wrath as a level 9 hazard.

Hemah (Arcana): Hemah, the dreamer, is level 8 elite controller. A potent mage and master of unseen magic, you don't have a full sense of what he can do, but you can make a good guess based on how you've seen him approach combat so far. A former member of the Court of Coral, he can command the water and sea creatures, as well as possessing an array of powerful psychic attacks.

Mirror step is his own variation on fey step, which is similar except it conjures a pair of illusions as Hemah teleports, masking his destination a well as the true Hemah. When wounded, he can use this power again, and it could even become more potent, though you're unsure as to how (a move action that conjures 2 illusions of Hemah and teleports him and the illusions 5 squares. Discerning the real Hemah is difficult, requiring a DC 29 Insight check. Otherwise, the illusions will be dispelled if they are hit by any attack, and use Hemah's defenses. The illusions do not actually attack, but Hemah can use any existing illusion as an origin square for his attacks). In close-range combat, expect him to attempt to teleport foes out of position (Essence Scatter, his melee basic attack, deals some damage and teleports the target to another square adjacent to Hemah). At range, he prefers to invade his foe's mind and turn them on their fellows (Mind Wrench forces an enemy to charge or make a basic attack against a foe of Hemah's choice, though he must first hit them with an attack vs. Will at Ranged 5). You also suspect he possesses a tsunami attack similar to that of the cult herald's (an area burst 2 the damages, pushes, and knocks prone anything it hits, but its origin square must be in water). Hemah can obviously walk on water with the greatest of ease as well. When the mage is wounded, he will likely unleash a psychic retaliation against anything nearby, and cause a nasty psychic backlash against creatures that attempt to approach Hemah thereafter (horrific visage is a free action attack Hemah uses when first bloodied, dealing psychic damage and pushing targets away from Hemah. Anything the attack hits will also take 10 extra psychic damage if it moves closer to Hemah on its next turn).

>> No. 10979 edit
File 135530286051.gif - (43.88KB , 599x800 , 134844408292.gif )
10979
Seeing his blade dripping with the blood of one of his companions doesn't exactly help with his mood. However the ranger attempts to apologize one bit, if possible. "This bastard manipulated me, no joke. I'll get you a drink later, but please stay far from me for now."
After that brief excuse of an apologize, the ranger moves on and slashes the nearest eye-like creature, and then throws his magical sword against the possible illusions of the dreamer. "Where are you hiding, damn coward! Come to me!"

Move action: Move to I-5
Minor action: Off-hand strike against the evil eye (hit) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3821615/
Standard action: Ranged twin strike against E-8 (crit) and J-8 (miss) Hemah (15 + 6 damage)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3821618/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3821620/

>> No. 10980 edit
His smile and optimism gone, Myn resolves to hurt lots of things very soon.
>> No. 10981 edit
File 135536053263.png - (929.45KB , 1010x670 , depthsX.png )
10981
Sureiya closes the distance between himself and the westernmost eye tentacle, and slices the stalk in half with a clean cut of his sword. The two halves of the tentacle dissolve into black mist as Sureiya whirls around and hurls his farbond spellblade twice, once striking Hemah directly in the chest, and once passing harmlessly through one of his illusions.

Hemah, now bleeding profusely from his chest and his ruse exposed... begins to sing. "Row, row, row your boat..." Myn's imp chitters mockingly, saying, "Hey! I know that song!" Only Myn can understand it, however.

While that's going on, the elites make their move, and an eye tentacle shoots a beam at Torinn that doesn't even come close to hitting, scorching the nearby wall with electric energy instead. One elite turns its sword on Folka, and though the monk tries to roll with the blow, he comes out of it with a bit of blood in his chin, slowly running out of ways to dodge. He does manage to evade the aberration's attempt to slam him to the ground, however. The other illithid takes advantage of its superior size and reach to try and assault Torinn, despite the immobilization. A heavy blow from its bastard sword nearly strikes Torinn, but a timely warning from Sariel provokes the dragonborn into bringing his own sword to bear. Neither attack hits, both ricocheting off each other. The massive illithid attempts to bowl Torinn over with its girth, but the magic boots Torinn wears activates, keeping him mounted and upright.

Torinn, having suffered the brunt of the assault so far, feels his life-force continuing to be sapped away by the nearby eye tentacle, and blood oozes from beneath his armor.

Sureiya moves (I-5 doesn't work as a destination so I sent him to J-4). Sureiya's off-hand strike kills eye tentacle 2, increasing Myn's darkspiral count.
Sureiya's twin strike CRITS the real Hemah for 21 damage, bloodying him. He uses horrific visage but nobody is in range. Mirror step recharges. His other twin strike attack misses one of the illusions.
Stygian elite 2 hits Folka with its bastard sword for 14 damage, but misses with slam.
Eye tentacle 3 misses Torinn with its eye beam with a natural 1.
Stygian elite 1 uses its bastard sword (melee 2) at Torinn, which would hit, but Sariel uses powerful warning to turn it into a miss, granting Torinn a melee basic attack against the elite 1.
It will follow up with a slam attack against Torinn, which would knock him prone and deal 5 damage, but I assume Torinn uses the power of his boots to avoid falling prone.
Stygian elite 1 saves against being immobilized.
At the start of Torinn's turn, he takes ongoing 5 necrotic damage, which bloodies him.


Initiative
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-6) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 5, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 34/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F/G-13/14) 32/64 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 necrotic damage and slowed (save ends both), restrained (escape DC 17), +5 damage and +3 to saves, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (F/G-13/14) 28/32 HP , restrained (escape DC 17)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-4) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (F-11) 45/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (E-8) -96 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, slowed
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -42 HP next ally who hits gains regen 3
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -29 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 10983 edit
File 129800394717.jpg - (92.59KB , 361x378 , Ain\'t Nothin\' Like The Real Thing.jpg )
10983
Torinn is not having a good day.

Escape whirlpool
Escape grab
shift to G/H 12/13
use virtue

>> No. 10984 edit
File 135536260719.png - (930.46KB , 1010x670 , depthsY.png )
10984
At Torinn's command, Rutger fights against the rushing waves until he is free--though his attempt to escape provokes a tentacled response from the nearby stygian elite, seizing the big cat mightily. Roaring, Rutger tears free of its grip and goes face-to-face with its foe, as Torinn scrambles to renew his resilience by drawing on his inner reserves. No sooner has Torinn seemingly recovered than the nearby whirlpool twists itself into a massive tsunami that crashes down on the group of Torinn, Sariel, and Rutger! Torinn is struck head-on by the blow, but Rutger and Sariel manage to only be pushed back slightly. Nevertheless, Torinn finds himself sprawled out on the ground and dismounted, near the opposite pool of where he was just standing.

Somewhere in there, the nearby tentacle attempted to flay Sariel's mind, but had problems affecting the stalwart fey. Another whirlpool captures Sureiya in its grip, yanking him waist-deep into the ground as it melts away into a powerful, cyclonic tide.

Torinn regenerates 3 hit points.
Rutger escapes the whirlpool, but as he attempts to shift away it is crit by the stygian elite's tentacles for 11 damage (reduced to 6), and grabbed (escape DC 16).
Rutger escapes the grab, shifting successfully this time.
Torinn uses virtue to gain 26 temporary hit points at the cost of a healing surge.
Torinn saves against ongoing damage/slow.
Eye tentacle 1 attempts to use mind flay against Sariel, but misses.
The whirlpool bubbles into a wave of water, which washes over Sariel, Torinn, and Rutger. This hits Torinn for 18 damage, pushing him 3 squares and knocking him prone. Sariel and Rutger are missed for 9 damage and pushed 1 square (Rutger reduces to 4 damage). This removes the whirlpool zone.
The watery leyline's attack spawns a new whirlpool near Sureiya, which hits him for 8 damage and he is restrained (escape DC 17).


Initiative
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-6) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 5, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 34/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H-11) 35/64 HP + 8 tHP, +5 damage and +3 to saves, regen 3, prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-4) 52/60 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Sariel (Liliane): (E-10) 36/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (E-8) -96 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, slowed
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -42 HP next ally who hits gains regen 3
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -29 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 10996 edit
Sariel acts quickly, directing magical energies to Torinn, inspiring him to attack, while moving away from the water.

Move to H13.
Standard: Commander's Strike so Torinn can attack with a +5 damage bonus. (And +5 from Adaptive Stratagem.)

>> No. 10997 edit
>>10996
Even while prone, Torinn manages to deliver a fierce attack against the stygian elite. The guard is knocked for a loop as radiant energy burns the creature and a solid hit leaves it dazed and confused.
MBA w/ Holy Smite : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3824528/ (25, 26)
>> No. 10998 edit
File 135554981457.png - (931.35KB , 1010x670 , depthsZ.png )
10998
Sariel and Folka make their move, with Sariel directing a deadly attack from the fallen dragonborn warrior, and Folka whirling around with a sequence of powerful blows against his isolated target. Folka doesn't have much success, as the elite deftly dodges the incoming attacks. Torinn has a bit more luck, however, and slashes a bloody gash through the other stygian's midsection. A split-second later, a wave of divine reckoning splashes down on the elite, causing it to reel in agony.

Savenoul gapes at the scene, apparently rendered speechless by the combatants and their lightning-fast, deadly exchange.

Sariel moves.
Sariel uses direct the strike on Torinn, and Torinn's mba hits for 20 damage plus 6 radiant damage from holy smite (this bloodies it). The elite is dazed until the end of Torinn's next turn.
Folka uses five storms on the elite 2, but misses. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3825355/


Initiative
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-6) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 5, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 34/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H-11) 35/64 HP + 8 tHP, +5 damage and +3 to saves, regen 3, prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-4) 52/60 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Sariel (Liliane): (H-13) 36/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (E-8) -96 HP (Bloodied), slowed
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -67 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -29 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 10999 edit
"Warlock, clear away from the pool!" Sariel calls, while furtively pointing at the bloodied elite. "Take him down if you can, or else one of those tentacles!"
>> No. 11002 edit
Enacting repayment for the previous wound from the ranger, Myn cautiously steps around the accursed water before soundly striking the shouldery foe.


Prior to turn, use Life Siphon off of Sureiya's damage.
Move action: Move to M-12.
Minor action: Curse Elite 1.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Elite 1.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3826636/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3826637/

>> No. 11003 edit
File 135572793155.png - (877.16KB , 1010x670 , depthsZA.png )
11003
The warlock quickly moves back towards the room's center, and directs his curse towards the illithid that's been causing trouble. His imp familiar lets loose a cackling laugh as the horrific creature falls under Myn's psychic assault.

Hemah, seeing no targets for his maelstrom attack, channels his power into the leyline, chanting, "...gently down the stream..." As he does so, he dissolves into nothing, and three appearances of the mage replace the previous three, scattered throughout the room near the place where he once stood.

A whirlpool appears on the surface of the ground, which seems to dissolve beneath Torinn and Sariel's feet, ensnaring both in a trans-dimensional torrent. Exactly like the one that Sureiya finds himself caught within...

Sureiya: Passive Perception You hear a brief, soft sound coming from C-3, despite seeing nothing there. It sounds like feet touching the floor as part of a gentle landing...

Myn moves, then curses elite 1. His shared agony hits the elite for 24 psychic damage, killing it.
Hemah uses channel the leyline, allowing the leyline to make its attack against Torinn and Sariel. Both are hit for 11 damage and are restrained until escape (DC 17).
Hemah uses mirror step, dispelling the previous set of illusions and creating new ones, teleporting 5 squares in the process.


Initiative
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-12) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 34/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H-11) 32/64 HP (Bloodied), regen 3, prone, restrained (escape DC 17)
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-4) 52/60 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Sariel (Liliane): (H-13) 25/53 HP (Bloodied), restrained (escape DC 17)
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-3? F-12? B-12?) -96 HP (Bloodied)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -29 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11005 edit
File 130320172546.png - (121.33KB , 700x700 , 13030761057.png )
11005
Not impressed by Hemah using the same trick, Sureiya's attention is focused in that strange sound he heard.
That sound... was that him?
Move action: Escape from the whirpool (17) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3828642/
Standard action: Marauder's rush against the suspicious square in C-3, ending charge in D-4 (miss) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3829793/

>> No. 11009 edit
File 135581968059.png - (878.03KB , 1010x670 , depthsZB.png )
11009
Acting on a hunch, Sureiya struggles free of the swirling whirlpool and charges down towards the northwest corner of the room. He swings his sword hard, but connects with nothing but empty air.

Folka continues to duel with the large stygian, and though the monk manages to stay ahead of the abomination's bastard sword, the illithid manages to get the upper hand and briefly forces the monk to the ground. A thin green beam of energy streaks past Sariel as she struggles against the whirlpool's pull.

Torinn's in a rough spot.

Sureiya escapes, then charges the empty square at C-3 with marauder's rush but doesn't hit anything.
Stygian elite 2 misses Folka with its bastard sword (natural 1), then follows up with slam, hitting for 2 damage and knocking Folka prone.
Eye tentacle 3 attempts to blast Sariel with its eye beam but misses.
Torinn regenerates 3 hit points.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-12) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 32/53 HP, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H-11) 35/64 HP (Bloodied), regen 3, prone, restrained (escape DC 17)
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (D-4) 52/60 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Sariel (Liliane): (H-13) 25/53 HP (Bloodied), restrained (escape DC 17)
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-3? F-12? B-12?) -96 HP (Bloodied)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -29 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11010 edit
With great effort, Torinn pulls himself up and out of the brine. He grants Sariel some vitality, then spits at the projection of Hemah, sneering, "Is that all you've got, sleepwalker?"

Stand from prone
Escape : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3830076/ (26)
Shift to I/10
Heal Sariel with second wind

>> No. 11012 edit
File 135585103216.png - (886.01KB , 1010x670 , depthsZC.png )
11012
Though Torinn's body has been cast down and knocked around by the force of the watery leyline, the stalwart dragonborn stands tall and fights his way free of its whirlpool, then reaches out to Sariel. The mage's wounds close a bit and cease bleeding, though the eladrin is still somewhat battered by the continued assault, and another green beam of electric energy passes over her shoulder.

To the west, the other whirlpool swirls into a massive wave of water, which dissolves into nothing long before hitting anything at all. However, the ground beneath Sureiya's feet again sinks, and the half-orc finds himself trapped in the leyline's grasp once again.

Torinn stands from prone. Torinn escapes the whirlpool. Torinn uses his virtue of sacrifice, spending a healing surge to heal Sariel for 13 hit points.
Eye tentacle 1 misses Sariel with its eye beam.
The existing whirlpool south of Sureiya uses its attack but there's nothing in range, and it disappears. Mastery of the leyline takes effect, and channel the leyline causes another attack to hit Sureiya for 9 damage, and Sureiya is restrained until escape (DC 17).


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-12) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 32/53 HP, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I-10) 35/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (D-4) 43/60 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Sariel (Liliane): (H-13) 38/53 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-3? F-12? B-12?) -96 HP (Bloodied)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -29 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11015 edit
Not quite charmed by the idea of entrapment, Sariel steps through the Feywild, emerging a short distance away... right beside the Warlock. Powerful magic emanates from Sariel as she lays down another spell, and it launches with power.

"Everyone, let's focus down that scumbag!"

Move: Fey Step to D13.
Standard: Fearsome Command on D13.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831342/

Minor: Belay it for now, using it after seeing effects of attack.

>> No. 11016 edit
File 135596513222.png - (883.89KB , 1010x670 , depthsZD.png )
11016
Sariel's brief sojourn between worlds frees her of the whirlpool, and she immediately turns her psychic power on the grouped foes nearby. The tentacle slumps and slithers back into the water in the face of the assault, not emerging thereafter, and one of the illusory Hemahs vanishes without a trace. The other Hemah seems unaffected.

Sariel uses fey step.
Sariel uses fearsome command, which hits one of the illusory Hemahs and dispels it, misses the other possible Hemah and hits the tentacle, disabling it. The possible Hemah at B-12 gains the effect of fearsome command, so the next ally who hits it and damages it auto-succeeds a save.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-12) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 32/53 HP, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I-10) 35/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (D-4) 43/60 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Sariel (Liliane): (D-13) 38/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-3? B-12?) -96 HP (Bloodied), fearsome command (B-12)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -29 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11017 edit
Sariel uses her keen insight to discern illusory magic. Unfortunately, she has no clue how magic works.

Minor: Insight to detect Hemah.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831632/

>> No. 11019 edit
File 135596593530.png - (887.54KB , 1010x670 , depthsZE.png )
11019
Sariel's attempt at piercing the veil of Hemah's illusions leaves her reeling, as images of tentacled monstrosities and walls that were literally made of dragons flooded into her head.

Folka leaps from his prone position, and, as part of the same motion, brings the full weight of his body crashing into the nearby illithid. He latches onto the abomination and hacks at the creatures face with blow after blow from his fists, then flips off, giving it kick for good measure as he does so, away from any potential retribution, but blocking the illithid from endangering the rest of the party or Savenoul. The creature is oozing its viscid, disgusting blood now.

Sariel senses nothing with insight.
Folka stands from prone.
Folka uses five storms on the nearby stygian elite, which CRITS for 21 damage plus 4 damage from flurry of blows, bloodying the elite.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-12) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 32/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I-10) 35/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (D-4) 43/60 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Sariel (Liliane): (D-13) 38/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-3? B-12?) -96 HP (Bloodied), fearsome command (B-12)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -54 HP (Bloodied)
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11021 edit
His wounds taking a suspiciously long time to heal, Myn fails to generate a proper wormsplosion.

Minor action: Curse Elite 2.
Move action: Move to J-12.
Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Elite 2.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831680/

>> No. 11022 edit
File 135599944845.png - (893.27KB , 1010x670 , depthsZF.png )
11022
The warlock doesn't have much success with his worm-based attack, as the illithid's will slips out of his grasp like a slimy, writhing tentacle. Even as he does so, the images of Hemah seem to blur a bit, and as they move, a third appears--seemingly out of the one to the western image. Once they reach their new positions, one of them--Torinn can't tell from which the attack originated--tries to overpower the paladin's will. The dragonborn remains steadfast, however, even in the face of the great Hemah.

Myn curses elite 2 and moves.
Myn uses darkworm feast but misses.
The illusions of Hemah rearrange themselves, and now there is a third, though you can't tell which one is new.
One of the Hemahs uses mind wrench on Torinn but misses.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 23
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-12) 42/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 32/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I-10) 35/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (D-4) 43/60 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Sariel (Liliane): (M-13) 38/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (M-4? I-6? H-15?) -96 HP (Bloodied), fearsome command (B-12)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -54 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn)
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11023 edit
File 135600371674.jpg - (42.69KB , 400x225 , jojo_op2_image02.jpg )
11023
"You bastard!"
Frustrated, the ranger damns the dreamer as he tries to get out from the hazard. His first attempt fails, as the current is strong enough to suck him in, but taking a firm stance, he jumps over the whirlpool while looking FABULOUS safely landing away from it.
First giving his prey a mean look, Sureiya charges against one of the Hemahs, but his willpower doesn't translate very well into dexterity and he utterly misses his slash.


Try to get out (nat 1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3832070/
Try again to get out (nat 20), shift to E-3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3832071/
Hunter's quarry on I-6 Hemah
Action point! Marauder rush against Hemah in I-6, ending charge in H-6 (nat 1)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3832068/

>> No. 11024 edit
File 13560778263.png - (894.77KB , 1010x670 , depthsZG.png )
11024
Sureiya struggles quite a bit before he escapes the whirlpool's pull, and is still quite off-balance when he attempts to attack the image of Hemah, stumbling and missing. However, he feels his resolve strengthen even despite the miss, because he knows that Sariel must have a plan.

The southern elite finally manages to gather its full strength, slamming Folka to the ground with a blow from its over-sized shoulder and hacking away with its bastard sword. It finally manages to draw the monk's blood, and the fallen human coughs up a bit of it as he struggles to recover. The last remaining eye tentacle again tries and fails to blast Sariel with its eye beam at the same time.

Sureiya fails to escape, then escapes. He then spends an action point! And charges, but his attack misses. He gains 6 THP from resourceful presence.
Stygian elite uses slam, hitting Folka for 1 damage and knocking it prone. He then uses bastard sword to attack Folka, hitting for 12 damage. This bloodies Folka.
Eye tentacle 3 misses Sariel with a natural 1.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-12) 42/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 19/53 HP (Bloodied), prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I-10) 35/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-6) 43/60 HP + 6 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-13) 38/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (M-4? I-6? H-15?) -96 HP (Bloodied), fearsome command (B-12), Sureiya's quarry (I-6)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -54 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn)
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11025 edit
File 133236100769.png - (502.15KB , 850x900 , hmm.png )
11025
Torinn climbs back on his trusty steed and makes an attempt to discern which Hemah is the real one. Unfortunately, they all look pretty much the same to the dragonborn's eye. So instead of relying on his eyes, he relies on his wits, thinking, "If I was Hemah, I'd want to be somewhere I couldn't be reached so easily."

The one near the whirlpool was close to him, Sariel, and Myn, meaning he could hit it and the magic users could blast it at any time.

The one near Sureiya was directly in range of his blades. If it tried casting a spell, it'd wind up with a slit throat.

By process of elimination, that left the one that was just outside of cursing range, which would invite a counter-attack from the second shade if Sureiya attempted to throw his blades at it. The one close to the south-western corner of the room. Urging Rutger into a mighty leap, the big cat clears more air than a dog playing basketball and does its best to rip out the creature's entrails.


regen 3 HP
climb back on Rutger
insight fail : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3833572/ (10)
long jump to K/L 5/6 as part of charge : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3833579/ (39)
Bite attack against the Hemah at M/5 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3833573/ (CRIT for 20 damage)

>> No. 11029 edit
File 135620005874.png - (895.11KB , 1010x670 , depthsZH.png )
11029
Unfortunately, there are no entrails in the illusion Rutger rips through as the big cat leaps over the pool of water, evading another image of Hemah's attempts to scatter its essence as it does so.

The whirlpool in the center of the room swells into a roaring tidal wave that blasts Myn suddenly from the back, knocking the warlock head-over heels and right into another whirlpool that forms beneath Sariel's feet, trapping her, Savenoul, and the unfortunate Myn in its tidal pull. The imp scrambles and panics on Myn's shoulder as he is pulled under, chattering and screaming at Myn to get out already.

Torinn regenerates 3 hit points.
Torinn jumps while charging an image of Hemah, and the other image takes an opportunity attack. Hemah's essence scatter misses Torinn.
Rutger's bite CRITS the image of Hemah, dispelling one of the illusions.
The whirlpool near Myn swells into a massive wave of water, and the attack hits Myn for 18 damage, pushes him 3 squares and knocks him prone.
Mastery of the leyline allows Hemah to use channel the leyline, and the resulting whirlpool zone catches Sariel, Myn, and Savenoul in its grasp, all take 6 damage and are restrained (escape DC 17).


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-12) 20/55 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 6, concealment, restrained (escape DC 17)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 19/53 HP (Bloodied), prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I-10) 38/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (G/H-9/10) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-6) 43/60 HP + 6 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-13) 32/53 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant, -6 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (I-6? H-15?) -96 HP (Bloodied), fearsome command (H-15), Sureiya's quarry (I-6)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-11/12) -54 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn)
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11034 edit
Sariel monitors the situation.

Delay until after Folka.
>> No. 11044 edit
Though caught in the whirlpool, Sariel handily discharges a little magic to disrupt it momentarily, earning her an almost miraculous moment to escape the whirlpool's clutches.

"Warlock, quickly!" she gasps, empowering the Warlock before she moves off, away from the treacherous waters.

Move Action: Escape restraint: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3835952/
wtf
Shift to L13 as part of the action.

Minor: Inspire Myn
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3835955/

Standard: Move to H12.

>> No. 11046 edit
File 135635132579.png - (897.25KB , 1010x670 , depthsZI.png )
11046
Amazingly, Sariel manages to wrest herself free of the whirlpool, and after passing a minor healing infusion to Myn, gets clear of the treacherous waters. For his part, Folka springs back to his feet and pummels the nearby elite once more, though he is breathing heavily and may not last much longer without assistance.

Sariel escapes. Sariel uses inspiring word on Myn, and Myn spends a healing surge to regain 18 hit points. Sariel then moves away.
Folka stands from prone. Folka uses monk basic attack against the elite, hitting for 11 damage plus 4 damage from flurry of blows. He slides it 1 square.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-12) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6, concealment, restrained (escape DC 17), prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 19/53 HP (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6 38/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-6) 43/60 HP + 6 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (H-12) 32/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant, -6 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (I-6? H-15?) -96 HP (Bloodied), fearsome command (H-15), Sureiya's quarry (I-6)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13) -71 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), granting CA to Folka
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11050 edit
Inspired by the eladrin's performance, Myn follows, attempting to curse one of the suspicious nearby figures in passing.

Move action: Escape: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3838207/
Shift to L-12.

Standard: Stand.

Minor: Curse Hemah.

>> No. 11051 edit
File 135664971394.png - (897.81KB , 1010x670 , depthsZJ.png )
11051
In a fantastic show of strength, Myn wrests his way free of the whirlpool's grasp as well, placing his curse on the nearby possible Hemah. "Merrily, merrily, merrily... merrily..." Hemah chants, the voice seeming to come from both illusions, and the northern whirlpool swelling into a massive wave of water to the beat of the song. Unfortunately, it sputters out at the end, though Sureiya is still partially blasted by the advancing wave. Hemah motions with one hand, both images doing the exact gesture, and Sureiya feels intense pain as he is seemingly ripped apart on a molecular level and then reassembled a short distance away. Both images carefully slide away, but Sureiya regains focus just in time to act!

Myn stands from prone. Myn escapes the whirlpool and shifts. Myn places his curse on the nearest Hemah.
The secondary attack of the whirlpool Hemah used last turn misses Sureiya with a natural 1 for 8 damage and pushes him 1 square.
Hemah uses essence scatter on Sureiya, which hits for 7 damage and teleports him to another adjacent square. The Hemahs then shift, and the one at H-6 can be hit with Sureiya's battle awareness attack.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-12) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 19/53 HP (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6 38/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-6) 34/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (H-12) 32/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant, -6 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-6? F-15?) -96 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry (H-6), Cursed (F-15)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13) -71 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), granting CA to Folka
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11053 edit
File 134484462683.png - (339.94KB , 442x430 , 14651324651.png )
11053
Not impressed by Hemah's knowledge in molecular biology, Sureiya quickly reacts to his attempt to slide away, and scores a clean slash, pouring blood all over the floor.
Not giving the dreamer a chance to rest, Sureiya moves forward and attempts to continue with his revenge.

Battle Awareness MBA (32,22) and extra damage from Quarry and Furious Assault(3,3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3840298/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3840298/
Move to I-6
Lashing leaves against Hemah! (lol miss)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3840327/

>> No. 11054 edit
File 135665734723.png - (907.37KB , 1010x670 , depthsZK.png )
11054
As the image of Hemah retreats, Sureiya slashes into his body with a vicious swipe from his bastard sword, spilling the mage's blood over the floor. The half-orc pursues Hemah relentlessly, but his two follow-up slashes lack the accuracy of his first, and Hemah seems to slide to the right and left as he dodges the attacks.

As this is happening, Folka is again knocked to the ground by the hulking illithid, but rolls out of the way of the downward slice of the fiend's bastard sword. Sariel is not so lucky, and an errant beam from the remaining eye tentacle finally finds its mark, leaving a rather ugly-looking burn on her side. The eladrin coughs and spasms a bit, the shocking power of the tentacle's beam weapon overpowering her.

Sureiya's battle awareness-granted MBA hits for 28 damage.
Sureiya moves up and uses lashing leaves but misses twice.
Stygian elite 2 uses slam, hitting Folka for 2 damage and knocking him prone. It follows up with an attack using its bastard sword, which misses.
Eye tentacle 3 blasts Sariel with its eye beam for 8 lightning damage.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-12) 38/55 HP, darkspiral aura 6
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 17/53 HP (Bloodied), prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6 38/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-6) 34/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (H-12) 24/53 HP (Bloodied)
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant, -6 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-6? F-15?) -118 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry (H-6), Cursed (F-15)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13) -71 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), granting CA to Folka
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11056 edit
Torinn moves up and makes Hemah's escape that much more difficult as he slashes at the once-eladrin.
Move up to H/I 4/5
Vigiliant Strike : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3841239/ (23, 7)

>> No. 11057 edit
File 135673624179.png - (873.06KB , 1010x670 , depthsZL.png )
11057
Torinn and his mount approach Hemah and strike him with conviction and the paladin's blade. Hemah manages to shrug off the blow, but he's not holding together very well, fumbling with the song and staggering left and right.

Savenoul manages to pull himself free of the whirlpool after some effort, but it seems to take offense to that. Suddenly, it swells into a raging torrent that completely bowls Myn over completely, leaving the warlock bruised and battered on the ground even as another whirlpool forms beneath the feat of Rutger and Sureiya--the big cat and its rider manage to reposition themselves quickly enough to avoid being drawn in, but the half-orc is not so lucky. Sureiya coughs up some blood as his body is pummeled by the raging water, but eyes burn with determination regardless.

Torinn's valiant strike (I assume that's what you meant) hits Hemah for 7 damage.
Savenoul attempts to escape the whirlpool but fails, then attempts again and succeeds.
The whirlpool secondary attack CRITS Myn for 24 damage, pushes him 3 squares and knocks him prone.
The new whirlpool hits Sureiya for 7 damage but misses both Torinn and Rutger. Sureiya is restrained (escape DC 17). Sureiya is bloodied and gains 5 THP.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (I-12) 14/55 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 6, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (N-12) 17/53 HP (Bloodied), prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6 38/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-6) 27/60 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (H-12) 24/53 HP (Bloodied)
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant, -6 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-6? F-15?) -125 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry (H-6), Cursed (F-15)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13) -71 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), granting CA to Folka
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11059 edit
Righteous Shield to negate damage on sureiya
>> No. 11066 edit
Sariel surveys the situation very briefly, and considers that she is in trouble: With herself, the Warlock and Folka all in a state of less-than-helpful, and only enough power left to energise one of them, snap decisions must be made.

The eladrin quickly energises the Warlock, while sending more energy across the water.


"Sureiya, attack that bastard!" she hollers, while closing distance to Savenoul.

Minor: Inspiring Word Myn.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3843172/

Standard: Direct the Strike Sureiya against Hemah

Move: To M-13.

Ready to interrupt!

>> No. 11067 edit
Boosted by Sariel's courage, Sureiya ignores the water current and makes another swing against his enemy.
MBA against Hemah (26, 19)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3843174/

>> No. 11075 edit
File 135683923866.png - (875.64KB , 1010x670 , depthsZM.png )
11075
Though Myn has been completely soaked with water that struck with such force as to nearly shatter his bones, Sariel manages to rouse him back into the game with a mystical infusion before directing her energies towards Sureiya, who continues his relentless assault on Hemah--her power fuels an extra attack, which cuts a gash in the mage's shoulder.

Hemah is now bleeding profusely from two sword-inflicted wounds, and adds another line of verse, "Life... is but..."

As the master of the leyline chants these words, Folka catches the illithid's legs in his own and springs to the ground in a motion that slams the aberration into the wall. With a follow-up sequence of punches that move faster than the eye can see, Folka delivers the finishing blow with a swift kick to the creature's horrible mouth-parts, and it slumps lifelessly, oozing a thick, black substance that must be what passes for its blood. The monk moves westward to join the battle on Hemah.

Sariel uses inspiring word on Myn, so Myn spends a surge and regains 18 hit points.
Sariel uses direct the strike on Sureiya, and Sureiya's melee basic attack hits Hemah for 19 damage.
Sariel moves.
Folka stands from prone.
Folka uses monk basic attack, which just barely hits the stygian elite for 13 damage plus 4 damage from flurry of blows. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3843407/
Folka spends an action point! Folka uses monk basic attack against the stygian elite, just barely hitting again for another 23 points (counting +8 from presence), finishing off the elite. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3843410/
Folka moves with the steel wind movement technique.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (I-12) 32/55 HP, darkspiral aura 7, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-4) 17/53 HP (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6 38/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-6) 34/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-13) 24/53 HP (Bloodied)
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant, -6 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-6? F-15?) -140 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry (H-6), Cursed (F-15)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13) -111 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), granting CA to Folka
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11077 edit
Soaked and in a poor mood, Myn crawls over to the water's edge to administer a number of magical blasts to the enemy.

Move action: Crawl to F-10.
Minor action: Curse Hemah.
Standard action: Eldritch Blast against Hemah.
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3843444/
Damage: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3843446/

(if not dead)
AP: Eldritch Blast against Hemah.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3843449/

>> No. 11080 edit
File 135684197475.png - (886.17KB , 1010x670 , depthsZO.png )
11080
Feeling a bit rejuvenated but still in a rather poor position, Myn crawls his way to the side of the eastern pool, then utters a dark curse on the real Hemah before shooting a beam of eldritch energy from his position near the ground. The beam connects and seems to sap at the mage's life-force, but as Myn attempts to intensify the attack, drawing into his deepest reserves in the process, Hemah lurches forward and shakes it off. It seems like the mage's body is dissolving away, and he raises a hand towards Torrin, and with a gesture, begins to try and rearrange the paladin's essence...

Myn crawls. Myn places his curse on the real Hemah. Myn uses eldritch blast, which hits Hemah for 18 damage.
Myn spends an action point! Myn uses eldritch blast but misses Hemah, gaining 6 temporary hit points from resourceful presence.
Hemah attempts to use essence scatter against Torinn. Sureiya will probably use disruptive strike.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-10) 32/55 HP + 6 THP, darkspiral aura 7, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-4) 17/53 HP (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6 38/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-6) 34/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-13) 24/53 HP (Bloodied)
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant, -6 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-6? F-15?) -158 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry (H-6), Cursed (H-6 and F-15)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13) -111 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), granting CA to Folka DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11081 edit
"Oh no, I won't let you!"
Disruptive fail: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3843478/
>> No. 11083 edit
File 135684197475.png - (886.17KB , 1010x670 , depthsZP.png )
11083
Though Sureiya's sword strike fails to deliver the killing blow, Hemah is sufficiently warned off by the incoming blade to fumble his spell, and fails to scatter Torinn's essence. The mage's body seems to be dissolving as he continues to mumble his way through song...

Sureiya's disruptive strike misses. Hemah's essence scatter misses Torinn.
Hemah takes no other actions.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Water Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 23
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): 9
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-10) 32/55 HP + 6 THP, darkspiral aura 7, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-4) 17/53 HP (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6 38/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-5/6) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-6) 34/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-13) 24/53 HP (Bloodied)
Savenoul (Ally): (M/N-14/15) Non-combatant, -6 HP, restrained (escape DC 17)

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-6? F-15?) -158 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry (H-6), Cursed (H-6 and F-15)
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13) -111 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), granting CA to Folka DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11085 edit
File 129652691796.jpg - (79.78KB , 640x480 , kanongununu.jpg )
11085
Angry by his constant failure, the ranger doesn't even try to get out from the whirlpool before attacking Hemah again. "Return to your dream, and never wake up again!"
Twin strike! (miss and 22/20) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3844569/
>> No. 11086 edit
File 135692030934.png - (835.03KB , 1010x670 , depthsZQ.png )
11086
The first of Sureiya's strikes misses wildly as the whirlpool interferes with his aim, but the second slices cleanly through Hemah. This time, however, it doesn't draw blood, and indeed, it passes through his body in an unnatural way--as if his body was made of foamy water...

"...life is but...a dream..." Hemah chants, before his form completely dissolves into foam, which seems to expand in a very unusual manner. The ground beneath the feet of Rutger and Sureiya returns to normal, but both are also pushed back by the sudden onslaught of foamy water that swirls into a pool in front of them. It lingers ominously. The remaining illusion of Hemah also disappears at this point.

A lancing green beam of energy strikes Savenoul from the eastern side of the room, reminding the adventurers of the eye tentacle's presence. The mutated eladrin howls in pain.

Sureiya's twin strike misses Hemah once and hits Hemah once for 20 damage. This finishes him off.
The whirlpool zones disappear, and Hemah's body dissolves into a pool of foam. Torrin, Rutger, and Sureiya are pushed out of the zone, which is impassable.
Eye tentacle 3 shoots Savenoul with its eye beam for 8 lightning damage.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 24
Sariel (Liliane): 23
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 19
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14
Sureiya (anon-kun): 11
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-10) 32/55 HP + 6 THP, darkspiral aura 7, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-4) 17/53 HP (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 41/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-6) 34/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-13) 24/53 HP (Bloodied)
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-15/16) Non-combatant, -14 HP

Enemies
Hemah, the Dreamer (Enemy): (H-6? F-15?) -188 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry (H-6), Cursed (H-6 and F-15) DEAD?
Stygian Elite 1 (Enemy): (I/J-12/13) -91 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Stygian Elite 2 (Enemy): (Q/R-12/13) -111 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), granting CA to Folka DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-13) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (I-3), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (H-22)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for Hemah and the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and stygian elites is dungeoneering.
The water leyline's whirlpool zone is difficult terrain.
Attempting to discern which Hemah is real is an Insight check, made 1/round as a minor action.
>> No. 11087 edit
With Hemah down, Torinn wastes no time dispatching the last tentacle. A couple of giant leaps across the the water puts the big cat within biting distance. And with a big tug, Rutger rips the tentacle right out of the water.
Move across the water
Jump : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3845079/ (40)
Jump again : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3845080/ (27)
Charge remaining tentacle at H/I 20/21 : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3845078/ (30)

>> No. 11088 edit
Audio Metroid_Pre-Boss_Theme.mp3 - (1.43MB , sm18.mp3 )
11088
Torinn bounds over the water and slices the eye stalk in half unceremoniously. It lets loose a horrid shriek and completely dissolves into black smoke.

The hectic atmosphere of battle is gone, replaced by a lingering, eerie sensation. The only sound is that of rushing water--the waterfall in front of the door has greatly intensified, and it doesn't look like you can pass through it now. If that wasn't enough, parts of the wall above the fountains split open, and more water begins to pour into the room--it seems to be overburdening the capacity of the closed-system display fountains, spilling water onto the floor nearby. This may eventually lead to the room flooding, though that would take hours at the current rate.

The leyline above seems to be bursting and raging now--as if whatever was holding it in check before is now gone. The bluish hues swirl wildly behind the film-like barrier, and it occasionally rumbles ominously.

Torinn leaps over one pool of water, then another, charging and hitting the eye tentacle, killing it. This ends initiative.

Final Stats
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-10) 32/55 HP + 6 THP, darkspiral aura 8, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-4) 17/53 HP (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-20/21) 41/64 HP, regen 3
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-20/21) 18/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-6) 34/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-13) 24/53 HP (Bloodied)
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-15/16) Non-combatant, -14 HP

Surges Remaining
Sureiya: 4
Torinn: 1
Folka: 4
Myn: 0
Sariel: 3

Notes
Torinn will heal to full from regeneration.
You may now all take a mini-short rest. During this rest, you may recover one encounter attack power (or equivalent holy smite), one encounter utility power (Inspiring Word counts), and one other encounter power granted to you by your race or class (like Inspiring Word, so you can recover both if you choose). You may spend 1 or 2 healing surges as well, and take actions like positioning yourselves or eating the silver tear fruits, or using a battle standard of healing. "Until the end of the encounter" effects will end at the rest's conclusion.
>> No. 11089 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
11089
"What is this guy doing with the Leyline!?" Questions Sureiya, while walking to the center of the room with the rest
>> No. 11096 edit
Sariel, dishevelled, plants the battle standard.

"If Sankis was any indication, nothing good," she responds, while tending to her wounds.

Waste surges as outlined in OOC, recover my Inspiring Word twice.

>enter encounter with only at-wills
This'll be fun.

>> No. 11100 edit
Myn, stands up, eats some fruit, and then briefly passes out.

Eat fruit.
Recover Shared Agony.
Recover Life Siphon.

>> No. 11104 edit
File 130568883698.png - (85.87KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana1.png )
11104
"...Someone remember me why we are doing this again."
While standing near of the healing standard, Sureiya catches his breath, tends his wounds and prepares himself for the worst.
Get into the Standard's area of effect, spend 2 healing surges and recover the following powers: Lashing Leaves, Battle Awareness MBA and Furious Assault.
>> No. 11105 edit
"Because a holiday to the Moonsea was out of the question," Sariel answers with a casual shrug.

Recover WArning.
>> No. 11106 edit
File 129868102490.jpg - (78.32KB , 480x480 , Hang On__.jpg )
11106
"He's not dead yet, huh?" Torinn groans, having his mount leap back over some distance from the others. He takes a moment to recover, then stands ready to attack at the first given opportunity.

move to B/C 5/6
recover virtue, holy smite and shield of devotion
ready action to charge with bite

>> No. 11108 edit
File 135714586431.png - (827.40KB , 1010x670 , depthsZR.png )
11108
As the group gathers around and begins to recover a bit, the pool of foam slowly lurches its way to the center of the room, and stops. The ominous rumble grows steadily louder, until the walls are shaking.
>> No. 11112 edit
File 135717972357.png - (896.81KB , 1010x670 , depthsZS.png )
11112
The air is ominous--something is about to happen. The battle standard is brought out for the rest, but quickly stowed as it becomes apparent that this isn't quite over. "I have a really bad feeling about this..." murmurs Savenoul.

Short Rest
Sariel spends 2 surges and regains 26 hit points (everyone regains 2).
Sureiya spends 2 surges and goes to full (everyone regains 2).
Folka spends 2 surges and regains 26 (everyone regains 2, to a total of 6 for everyone).
Myn eats a silver tear fruit and goes to full. Torinn and Sureiya are still each carrying a silver tear fruit.


Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-10) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-4) 49/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (B/C-5/6) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-20/21) 24/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-6) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-13) 53/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-15/16) Non-combatant, -8 HP
>> No. 11113 edit
Sariel to F10.
>> No. 11114 edit
Move to M-4.
>> No. 11115 edit
Audio 204_Battle_with_Golbeza's_Four_Emperors.mp3 - (5.91MB , 204 Battle with Golbeza\'s Four Emperors.mp3 )
11115
With a sudden start, there is a great crack that nearly knocks the gathered adventurers off their feet, ending the rumbling noise. They regain their senses just in time to see... something... something horrible emerging from the pooled foam. "Emerging" isn't quite the right word, it's as if the foam is transforming into the creature itself, and a black void is forming beneath it, eating away the ground--it is massive, purplish, and dome-shaped, with strands of white foam hanging here and there, like the skin of a terrible, octopus-like creature. It appears to be about halfway emerged from the black portal that has formed beneath it, and at that point, two gigantic, pale bluish tentacles erupt from the two large, rectangular pools of water in the room, and loom over the adventurers threateningly.

Hemah's Nightmare emerges! All readied actions are cancelled. Now we begin battle.
>> No. 11116 edit
File 135726582196.png - (865.86KB , 1010x670 , depthsZT.png )
11116
The horrible monster lets loose a guttural roar as it emerges. The previous shockwave nearly knocked Torinn off his mount, and he scrambles to get back into position--the rest of the adventurers fair little better, and the monstrosity immediately begins its attack.

You can make knowledge checks now.

Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 9
Sariel (Liliane): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-4) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (I-13) 49/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (B/C-5/6) 64/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-20/21) 24/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (E-13) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (F-10) 53/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14)
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-8/9)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
>> No. 11121 edit
Just as with the past octopus, Sureiya is surprisingly an expert in the matter of squids and their crushing tentacles.
Dungeoneering for Hemah's Nightmare and Crushing Tentacle (29,26) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3849851/
>> No. 11122 edit
File 135727419033.png - (126.59KB , 256x256 , hemahs nightmare.png )
11122
Dungeoneering (Sureiya): Sureiya suddenly recalls memories of this monster, as though he was remembering a childhood dream. In the dream, the very tough, dangerous creature raised a watery barrier to protect itself, and then sent it in a massive wave towards those unfortunate to be in its path (the nightmare is a level 9 solo lurker, and its primary ability is water wall, a standard action attack which conjures a barrier of water in a close burst 2 around itself. Enemies hit by the primary attack take damage and are slid 2 squares, and enemies missed by this attack must either shift to the nearest space outside the burst or be hit by it instead. The burst creates a zone of difficult terrain that blocks line of sight for enemies, and enemies in the zone are blinded until they leave. The zone lasts until the end of its next turn or until it uses the secondary attack, and the power recharges whenever the zone ends for any reason. On its next turn after activating the water wall, it can use a standard action to use the secondary attack, which dispels the zone but attacks in a close blast 5 that deals heavy damage and knocks creatures in the blast prone after pushing them, creatures missed take half damage and are pushed only one square). Sureiya recalls, however, that when the creature was wounded, it ceased protecting itself with water and instead sent out potent psionic emanations that could easily overwhelm the minds of enemies (while the nightmare cannot use water wall when bloodied, when it is bloodied it activates its maddening gaze, a psychic gaze aura 20 that causes ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends) to anyone affected by the gaze. Note that a successful save won't save you unless you can't see the nightmare for some reason, as you will immediately be affected by the ongoing damage again. Instead, if you fail the first save, you are dazed until you successfully save, and if you fail the second save, you are dominated until you successfully save).

This creature is at home in the water, and its writhing tentacles serve as its most basic form of attack that it can use at any time (it is aquatic, able to breathe underwater and gaining a +2 bonus to attack rolls in aquatic combat. Its body tentacles is a melee basic attack with reach 3 but no threatening reach that deals moderate damage as a standard action). While its piercing gaze is mind wrenching enough, it also constantly projects its wills upon enemies unfortunate enough to be near it (it also possesses a ranged 20 attack that doesn't provoke opportunity attacks, affecting 1 or 2 creatures, which deals psychic damage and inflicts a penalty to the target's next save on a hit). Its body tentacle are only the beginning of the horror--it can summon in countless other tentacles from the place that you can only suspect must be the Far Realms in order to assist it in battle (at the beginning of each of its turns, it summons two minion tentacles with summon tentacles, and then each of the minion tentacles attacks). You remember seeing a stretching tentacle that grasps its target, an eye stalk that shot green beams of energy, and a sly, constantly writhing tentacle that glowed with ominous power. The two larger tentacles appeared alongside it in your dream--and are bound to the creature. Hurting the larger tentacles will also hurt the nightmare (lifelink binds the nightmare and the two crusher tentacles together, if one of the crusher tentacles takes damage, Hemah's nightmare takes the same amount of damage--but a single attack can only damage the nightmare once in this way, the highest total is always used. All tentacles are immune to all of the nighmare's attacks). The tentacles are rather tough, but far less so than the nightmare itself (level 8 brutes, and they effectively share HP with the nightmare, though note that damage to the nightmare does NOT transfer to the tentacles, and this does not apply to the minion tentacles spawned by spawn tentacles). Due to the creature's nature, pushing it over would be difficult, though it still recoils at attempts to do so (unnatural form prevents the nightmare from being knocked prone, but if it would be knocked prone it instead takes 1d10 damage and grants combat advantage until the end of its next turn).

The crushers themselves are very basic attackers, they simply attempt to crush nearby enemies--but they make the ground nearby shake when they do, potentially knocking nearby enemies off-balance (the crusher tentacles have slam, a MBA with reach 3 that deals moderate damage. As a standard action, they can also use crush, which attacks Fortitude in a close burst 3, creatures hit fall prone, and then it uses slam). All in all, it's your worst nightmare... probably.

>> No. 11128 edit
Sariel knows her leylines.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3850695/
>> No. 11129 edit
File 13573358957.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , depthsZU.png )
11129
Sariel: (Arcana) As you focus your senses towards the flow of power between the creature and the leyline, you understand immediately that it maintains the same bond that Hemah had--even though this creature is not Hemah in any form. The leyline, however, has become somewhat unstable, and the nature of the channeling has changed. You suspect that the targeted area of ground will still transform into water, yet it will merely bubble and froth for a brief period rather than transforming into a whirlpool that drags you to the other side. At the end, it will erupt into a geyser that rockets anything in the area upwards rather than transforming into a wave of water (the leyline's attack is an area burst 1 attack that creates a zone of difficult terrain that lasts until the leyline's next initiative, making an attack against creatures in the burst that slows on hit. On the leyline's next initiative, the zone erupts, making another attack that on a hit propels anything in the zone 1d4+1 squares upwards, causing them to take falling damage.

Two stalks of flesh tipped with unblinking eyes emerge from the nearby pools of water, and from their pupils blast two pale green beams of energy. One wildly misses the eladrin mage, but the other scores a solid hit on Torinn's shoulder, searing the flesh beneath his armor.

From the blackness that the head of the monstrous aberration is emerging from comes a rushing wave of water that threatens to ensnare the nearby adventurers...

Spawn Tentacles spawns two eye tentacles, which are the same as you fought last encounter. One misses Sariel with its eye beam and the other hits Torinn for 8 lightning damage.
Hemah's nightmare uses water wall, which misses Sariel and hits Folka. It would hit Sureiya, but Sariel can use powerful warning to turn it into a miss. Since this is an interrupt action it occurs before the zone blinds you and you can still see Sureiya, and you haven't shifted out of the zone yet.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 9
Sariel (Liliane): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-4) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (I-13) 49/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (B/C-5/6) 56/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-20/21) 24/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (E-13) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (F-10) 53/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14)
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-8/9)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18)
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
>> No. 11131 edit
Sariel expertly determines the force of the attack, presciently emboldening Sureiya with the strength to avoid and attack.

Powerful Warning Sureiya.
>> No. 11133 edit
Thanks to his memories of an old nightmare, and to Sariel's shout, Sureiya dodges the watery barrier while slashing the Octopus before retreating.
MBA (30,19) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3851319/
>> No. 11135 edit
File 135736578593.png - (1.01MB , 1010x670 , depthsZV.png )
11135
Thanks to Sariel's timely warning, Sureiya slashes into the abomination's thick hide before quickly hopping out of the way of the forming wall of water, and though Sariel also manages to evade it, Folka is caught up in the rushing tide. Still resolute, the monk quickly sidesteps through the watery barrier using the power of his boots before springing over the water pool, then turning it into a sideways flip and striking the tentacle with a brutal punch. The monk strikes the tentacle's exterior so hard the flesh is clearly dented, but the monk doesn't stop pummeling, and the relentless flurry leaves the fiendish appendage looking quite wounded.

The ground beneath Myn's feat suddenly dissolves into a bubbling pool of foam and water, but the warlock is quick enough to not end up ensnared by it.

Sariel's powerful warning allows Sureiya to evade the water wall, and his melee basic attack hits Hemah's Nightmare for 19 damage. Sariel and Sureiya shift out of the wall, but Folka is hit for 10 damage and slides 2 squares to I-15.
Folka uses boots of the fencing master to shift 2 squares (difficult terrain) to J-15. He then uses crane's wings to jump to M-19. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3851355/
He then charges the crusher tentacle 2, scoring a CRITICAL HIT http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3851364/ for 20 damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3851370/ plus 4 damage from flurry of blows. (The nightmare takes 24 damage as well due to lifelink).
Hemah's nightmare's mastery of the leyline allows it to use channel the leyline, but it misses Myn. The zone of difficult terrain appears below him.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 9
Sariel (Liliane): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-4) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 8
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-19) 39/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (B/C-5/6) 56/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-20/21) 24/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (C-10) 53/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -43 HP
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-8/9)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -24 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
>> No. 11136 edit
Attempting to avoid a cornering, Myn passes between two enemies, casually obliterating one of them.

Move action: Move to H-5.
Minor action: Curse Eye Tentacle 2.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Eye Tentacle 2.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3851419/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3851421/

>> No. 11137 edit
File 135744846554.png - (1.01MB , 1010x670 , depthsZW.png )
11137
Myn weaves his way around the western side of the room, sidestepping out of the potential geyser, and mutters an eldritch curse against the nearby eye stalk before slicing it in half with a beam of pure eldritch energy. The separated halves plop into the water even as the much larger crusher approaches, burrowing its way, unseen, through the ground as if it barely existed. As it prepares its strike, the ground beneath Myn seems to betray him and he falls flat on his back, but somehow he manages to roll out of the way of the tentacle's slam just in time.

Myn moves. Myn places his curse on eye tentacle 2, then destroys it with edritch blast.
Crusher tentacle 1 burrows closer to Myn, then uses crush, knocking Myn prone, then slamming him but somehow missing, barely.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 9
Sariel (Liliane): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-4) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 9, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-19) 39/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (B/C-5/6) 56/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-20/21) 24/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 60/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (C-10) 53/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -43 HP
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -24 HP
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
>> No. 11138 edit
File 135154066113.png - (192.28KB , 661x477 , kan_odorokia2b.png )
11138
"Attacking that barrier will be no good, deal the main tentacles first!"
Alerting his comrades, Sureiya loses no time and move around the pool, while focusing on the tentacle Folka is engaging right now. Immediately after getting in position, the ranger charges against the tentacle. Not giving it a second to rest, Sureiya continues attacking the foul creature, attempting to kill it soon.
Move around the pool.
Set quarry on the tentacle.
Marauder rush ending in G-19 (26,24)
AP Twin strike (miss and 22,22) (23 with furious assault)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3853950/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3854010/

>> No. 11139 edit
File 135753195674.png - (1.01MB , 1010x670 , depthsZX.png )
11139
Sureiya regains his composure and skirts around the edge of the pool, then throws himself at the largest tentacle, stabbing viciously with his blade and skewering the towering tendril. He continues his assault on the appendage with a whirling slice of his off-hand weapon, which sends black ichor spraying across the floor, though the follow-up strike with his primary weapon fumbles a bit and fails to penetrate the abomination's hideous hide.

In retaliation, the crusher tentacle sends shockwaves through the ground--too weak to be very noticeable. What does get Sureiya's attention is when the massive tentacle slaps towards him--a glancing blow along the half-orc's side.

Sureiya moves around the edge of the pool.
Sureiya sets the tentacle as his quarry then charges it with marauder's rush, hitting for 24 damage. He then spends an action point, gaining a bonus to damage from inspiring presence, and uses twin strike, hitting once and missing once for a total of 23 damage. This bloodies the tentacle.
Crusher tentacle 2 uses crush, missing Folka and Sureiya, but its slam hits Sureiya for 13 damage.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 9
Sariel (Liliane): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-4) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 9, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-19) 39/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (B/C-5/6) 56/64 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-20/21) 24/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-19) 47/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (C-10) 53/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -90 HP
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -71 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
>> No. 11140 edit
Sariel decides to hold back a bit and see what Torinn's game is.

Nothing useful to do, delaying.
>> No. 11141 edit
Recovering valiantly, Torinn buffs himself up before he rushes to Myn's aid.

Spend last healing surge on Virtue
Charge the nearest tentacle crusher at F-G/5-6 with bite : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3856054/ (31, 11)

>> No. 11142 edit
File 135768801163.png - (1.01MB , 1010x670 , depthsZY.png )
11142
Sariel waits for the right moment to make her move, and Torinn finally regains enough sense to reach into his last reserves of strength in order to embolden him for the task ahead, then leaps into the fray, his big cat biting into the other gigantic tentacle's flesh. Rutger's teeth scratch at the thing's thick skin, though the wound isn't very severe.

Sariel delays.
Torinn uses virtue, spending his last surge to gain 26 temporary hit points.
Torinn charges the crusher tentacle, using Rutger's bite, which hits for 11 damage.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-4) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 9, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-19) 39/53 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (F/G-5/6) 56/64 HP + 26 THP
Rutger (Astaroth): (F/G-5/6) 24/32 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-19) 47/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (C-10) 53/53 HP
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -90 HP
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -11 HP
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -71 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
>> No. 11143 edit
Sariel surveys the situation, but when Torinn acts, she empowers the dragonborn to follow up on Rutger's attack.

Afterwards, the eladrin repositions herself.


Standard: Direct the Strike, Torinn MBA against Tentacles.
Move: B4.

>> No. 11144 edit
>>11143
Action on Sariel's directions, Torinn follows up by spearing the tentacle with a shaft of light before cutting along the beam, an explosion of radiance leaving the tentacle dazed.

Holy smite MBA against tentacle : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3857337/ (25, 15)
>> No. 11147 edit
File 135778100479.png - (908.86KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZ.png )
11147
The eladrin quickly infuses Torinn with enough energy to strike again, and holy energy also empowers him as he strikes the tentacle with a solid hit, leaving the tentacle apparently a bit off-balance.

More tentacles emerge, another eye stalk lurking in the waters to the east immediately attempts to blast Sureiya with its eye beam as it emerges, but completely failing. However, its still-living companion has more success in its attempt to blast Torinn, and the dragonborn now has another lightning-energy-inflicted burn under his armor. A lithe, writhing tentacle wraps itself firmly around one of Rutger's legs, holding the big cat in place even as the water surrounding the horrific creature at the center of the room is focused into a crushing wave that gushes forth, completely bowling over Folka and knocking the unfortunate monk across the room. Sureiya is also battered by the rushing water, but is able to diffuse the onslaught with a few steps backwards. The nightmarish creature suddenly disappears, only to reappear in the pool of water to the west, quickly conjuring another wall of water, this one entrapping the unfortunate Torinn and his mount within the rushing onslaught of conjured water. Sariel finds her line of sight to her protector blocked, and most of the remainder of her allies are left on the other side of the room.

Folka hops back to his feet, bleeding from the mouth but still resolute. He focuses his mental energies once more for a bounding strike on the tentacle, relentlessly pummeling it until it looks very close to giving up the fight. On the other side of the room, Sariel manages to spot the pool of water created by the leyline gush violently upwards, fortunately catching none of her allies within--but she then immediately feels her body being sucked down as the ground beneath her dissolves into another foaming pool of water.

Myn is lying on the ground and dangerously close to a hulking tentacle...

Sariel uses direct the strike, allowing Torinn to make a melee basic attack with holy smite, which hits the tentacle for a total of 15 damage and the tentacle is dazed until the end of Torinn's next turn.
Sariel moves.
Spawn tentacles creates a new eye tentacle and a constrictor tentacle.
The eye tentacle 3 attempts to blast Sureiya with its eye beam but misses with a natural 1.
Eye tentacle 1 blasts Torinn with its eye beam for 8 lightning damage.
The constrictor tentacle grabs Rutger (escape DC 17).
Hemah's nightmare activates its water waves, hitting Folka for 23 damage and pushing him 3 squares, knocking him prone, and missing Sureiya for 11 damage and pushing him 1 square. This ends the water wall zone.
Hemah's nightmare teleports to a new location (it cannot teleport while the water wall is active).
Hemah's nightmare spends an action point! Hemah's nightmare uses water wall, hitting Rutger and Torinn for 17 damage (Rutger reduces to 12) and sliding them 2 squares.
Folka stands from prone.
Folka activates the stunning palm stance.
Folka charges the tentacle with monk basic attack, hitting for 9 damage plus 4 damage from flurry of blows. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3857914/
The leyline's gush hits nothing and the zone dissipates.
The leyline's attack hits Sariel, and Sariel is slowed until the leyline's next initiative.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-6) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 9, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-19) 16/53 HP (Bloodied), stunning palm stance
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 56/64 HP + 1 THP
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, grabbed by constrictor tentacle 1 (escape DC 17)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-20) 36/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (B-4) 53/53 HP, slowed
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -128 HP
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -26 HP, dazed
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -85 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
>> No. 11154 edit
Uncomfortably confined by the tentacle, Myn resorts to his usual strategy of shooting it with magic.

Move action: Stand.
Minor action: Curse Crusher 1.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Crusher 1.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3859268/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3859270/

>> No. 11155 edit
File 135786795087.png - (908.25KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZA.png )
11155
Taking advantage of the unbalance of the tentacle, the warlock quickly stumbles to his feet before unleashing a potent psychic attack on the flailing appendage, causing wounds to erupt all over the surface of the tentacle as it writhes in agony. The ground beneath it shakes, knocking Torinn off his mount and sending the warlock right back to the ground, and the tentacle tries to completely crush the paladin, but Torinn just barely manages to block the blow by raising his shield.

Myn stands from prone. Myn curses the nearby crusher tentacle. Myn's shared agony hits the crusher tentacle for 34 damage.
The crusher tentacle uses crush, hitting both Torinn and Myn but missing Rutger, knocking them prone. It attempts to slam Torinn but misses.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-5) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 9, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-19) 16/53 HP (Bloodied), stunning palm stance
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-5) 56/64 HP + 1 THP, prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, grabbed by constrictor tentacle 1 (escape DC 17)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-20) 36/60 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (B-4) 53/53 HP, slowed
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -128 HP
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -60 HP (Bloodied), dazed, Cursed (Myn)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -85 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
>> No. 11156 edit
Sureiya continues attacking the evil tentacle
Move to G-19
Twin strike (22,23, (miss))
Sohei's flair (miss)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3859872/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3859877/

>> No. 11157 edit
File 135789018881.png - (907.93KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZB.png )
11157
Sureiya approaches the tentacle slowly, and slashes his blades three times--only one of the slashes manages to get through its thick exterior, but it's a vital hit, and the tentacle reels and looks like it's very close to dead now. In its near-death throes it nearly cracks the ground below it suddenly, knocking both the monk and the ranger off their feet, but Folka narrowly manages to roll to the side just in time to dodge the tentacle's massive downward slap.

Sureiya moves, then uses twin strike, hitting once for 23 damage and missing once.
Sureiya uses sohei flair but misses.
Crusher tentacle 2 uses crush, hitting both Sureiya and Folka and knocking them prone. It tries to slam Folka but misses.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-5) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 9, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-19) 16/53 HP (Bloodied), stunning palm stance, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-5) 56/64 HP + 1 THP, prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, grabbed by constrictor tentacle 1 (escape DC 17)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-19) 36/60 HP, prone
Sariel (Liliane): (B-4) 53/53 HP, slowed
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -151 HP
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -60 HP (Bloodied), dazed, Cursed (Myn)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -108 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
>> No. 11159 edit

Stand from prone
Dismiss Rutger with minor action
Valiant strike big tentacle : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3860500/ (29, 9)
AP Valiant strike : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3860502/ (CRIT)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3860504/ (9 crit dice damage)

>> No. 11166 edit
Sariel sidesteps a little, but finds her vision pitifully blocked. She bolsters instead.

Move to C3
Total Defence

>> No. 11168 edit
File 135794658972.png - (905.94KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZC.png )
11168
Rising to his feet within the wall of water, the paladin reluctantly calls his mount away and grips his longsword tightly, turning in the direction where he thinks the tentacle is at and slicing cleanly through the water, somehow managing a decisive blow without being able to see the fiendish appendage. Heartened by hitting once, Torinn jabs wickedly and spears the tentacle like seafood, eliciting a shriek of pain and rage from the giant black shape where the paladin knows the nightmare itself must be. You can sense its body shifting and moving, as if its battle tactics are changing, and it's up to Sariel to act first...

Added some damage to the nightmare I forgot. Also the constrictor tentacle would've been killed by righteous radiance so I did that.
Torinn stands from prone and then dismisses Rutger.
Torinn uses valiant strike, which hits for the crusher tentacle 9 damage, despite being a blind swing.
Torinn spends an action point! Torinn crits the crusher tentacle for 23 damage (no bonus from Sariel because vision is blocked by the zone). This bloodies the nightmare, activating its maddening gaze aura (not affecting anyone yet since no one can see the nightmare). Both of the crusher tentacles are critically wounded and very near dead.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-5) 55/55 HP, darkspiral aura 10
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-19) 16/53 HP (Bloodied), stunning palm stance, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-5) 56/64 HP + 1 THP
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-19) 36/60 HP, prone
Sariel (Liliane): (B-4) 53/53 HP, slowed
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -217 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -92 HP (Bloodied)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -108 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
>> No. 11174 edit
File 135797057671.png - (798.47KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZD.png )
11174
Sariel moves and braces herself against further attack. As more tentacles emerge from the oddly clear water nearby, a barrage of eye beams from the eye tentacles leaves Folka barely hanging on and Sureiya scorched as well. A new type of tentacle emerges near Sariel and attempts to invade her mind, but she completely resists its attempts. The constrictor tentacle has long since fallen over dead, struck down by Torinn's radiance.

The water wall forms into a crashing wave of water that completely overpowers Torinn, yet Myn somehow manages to avoid the worst of it by clinging to the ground. Almost immediately after the water dissipates, Sariel and Folka have a brief glimpse of something indescribable--but it doesn't affect them, both of their wills remaining strong against the psychic onslaught.

Seeing the predicament he is in, Folka delivers the final blow to the tentacle with a single, focused punch in the beast's center, and it dissolves into black smoke, provoking a shriek of pain from the nightmare itself. He then seems to run along the air currents in the room, speeding towards Sariel, who will hopefully aid him--because he lands hunched over and breathing heavily, the maddening glare of the nightmare seeming to become more intense as he draws closer.

The bubbling pool of water in the northwest gushes into a massive geyser, and though Sariel is sprayed with a bit of water, she is too far away to really be distracted by it. Myn and Torinn, however, now find themselves struggling against the current of another pool that has formed beneath their feet as the ground itself seems to dissolve away.

Sariel moves and uses total defense.
The nightmare spawns tentacles, spawning a corrupter tentacle and an eye tentacle.
The corrupter tentacle attempts to use cause fear but misses Sariel.
The eye tentacle 4 blasts Folka for 8 lightning damage with its eye beam.
The eye tentacle 3 uses eye beam and hits Sureiya for 8 lightning damage.
The eye tentacle 1 uses eye beam but misses Sariel.
The nightmare uses its water wave, hitting Torinn for 18 damage but somehow missing Myn for 9 damage. Myn is pushed 1 square and Torinn is pushed 3 squares and knocked prone.
The nightmare spends an action point! It uses glimpse the unthinkable, missing Sariel and Folka.
Folka takes ongoing 5 psychic damage.
Folka uses steel wind against the giant crusher tentacle, hitting for 14 damage, which kills it. He then uses swift flight to fly 8 squares. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3861712/
Folka fails to save and is dazed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3861716/
The leyline zone gushes, hitting nobody, and a new one forms under Myn and Torinn, both are hit and slowed.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-5) 46/55 HP, darkspiral aura 10, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11) 3/53 HP (Bloodied), stunning palm stance, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-5) 38/64 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-19) 28/60 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, prone, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Sariel (Liliane): (C-3) 53/53 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -231 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -92 HP (Bloodied)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
>> No. 11177 edit
>>11174

Despite shaking off the effects of the psychic attack with ease, Myn finds himself unable to effectively strike at the tentacle before him. Smacking his imp absentmindedly as a morale booster, he finds himself capable of wringing out a bit more magic, bringing forth a region of writhing shadows.

Minor action: Curse Crusher 1.
Standard: Cast All the Sand, All the Stars at H-7.
Attack:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3862633/
(AP) Cast Hunger of Hadar at C-9.

Saving throw:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3862695/

>> No. 11178 edit
also stand
>> No. 11179 edit
File 135803702333.png - (822.84KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZE.png )
11179
Myn feels the potent gaze of the nightmare upon him as he lifts himself from the ground, and it perhaps interferes with the thoughts he attempts to pour into a reality-distorting attack aimed at the nearby tentacle. Finding little will to affect there, Myn turns his attention to the nightmare itself, with Sariel boosting his resolve with her arcane presence. A cloud comprised of fanged tendrils of pure darkness forms in the northeast corner of the nightmare's body, partially engulfing it. It shrieks in pain and horror, and the nearest tentacle instinctively flails about, slamming Torinn heavily. The paladin coughs up a bit of blood from the force of the blow.

Myn takes ongoing 5 psychic damage.
Myn stands from prone.
Myn uses all the and, all the stars against the crusher tentacle but misses.
Myn spends an action point! Myn uses hunger of hadar, provoking an OA from the tentacle, which misses because of the defense bonus granted by armor of dark majesty. The hunger of hadar zone appears and Myn gains 6 THP from resourceful presence. Myn's save is successful.
The crusher tentacle uses crush, which misses Myn with a natural 1 and hits Torinn, no effect since he's already prone. Its slam just barely hits Torinn for 14 damage.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-5) 41/55 HP + 6 THP, darkspiral aura 10, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11) 3/53 HP (Bloodied), stunning palm stance, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-5) 24/64 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, prone, slowed
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-19) 28/60 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, prone, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Sariel (Liliane): (C-3) 53/53 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -231 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -92 HP (Bloodied)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
Hunger of hadar creates a zone of absolute darkness that blocks line of sight. Creatuers that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 11187 edit
Invigorating stride: Shift to E-19
Movement: Move to C-15
Ranged twin strike against Hemah's Nightmare (nat 1 and 28,12) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3862876/
Save: (fail) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3862885/

>> No. 11188 edit
File 135804402644.png - (871.28KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZG.png )
11188
Sureiya struggles under the harsh glare of the nightmarish aberration, pausing a bit to regain his stride, then dashing towards the fiend, releasing his farbond spellblade in an arcing throw twice. Only of the strikes bounces off harmlessly, and the other cuts a gouge through the nightmare's head, and the sword whizzes briefly through the fanged shadows before returning to Sureiya's hand, still dripping with the creature's black blood.

Torinn writhes under the oppressive gaze of the nightmare...

Sureiya uses invigorating stride, shifting 2 squares and using his second wind, spending a surge to regain 15 hit points and gaining a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of his next turn.
Sureiya then moves and uses twin strike (ranged) with his farbond blade, missing once and hitting once for 12 damage on Hemah's Nightmare.
Sureiya fails his save and is dazed until he makes a save.
Torinn takes ongoing 5 psychic damage.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-5) 41/55 HP + 6 THP, darkspiral aura 10, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11) 3/53 HP (Bloodied), stunning palm stance, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-5) 19/64 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, prone, slowed
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 43/60 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Sariel (Liliane): (C-3) 53/53 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -243 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -92 HP (Bloodied)
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
Hunger of hadar creates a zone of absolute darkness that blocks line of sight. Creatuers that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 11190 edit
Torinn finds himself dying again for the umpteenth time, and that's just from the past few days. He finds it more irritating than worrying, and slashes at the tentacle trying to pin him down.

Stand from prone
Valiant strike : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863111/ (19)
Saving throw : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863125/ (5)

>> No. 11191 edit
Sariel advances to close with the nightmare, using some of her magic to cure Folka, then turning her gaze to Torinn and Myn.

"Get out of there, quickly," she directs, using her magic to grant her allies a swift escape.

Sariel finds the nightmare glaring at her, and sharply glares back at it.

Move: To F6
Minor: Inspiring Word on Folka
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863144/

Standard to Move: Reorient my Axis, granting Folka, Torinn and Myn 5 squares of movement.

IF I have an Action Point!:
ACTION POINT Standard: Fettering Glare
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863150/

>> No. 11192 edit
Also, Sariel doesn't let it get to her. Fucking squidgaze.

Save: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863152/
>> No. 11193 edit
shift to E/3
>> No. 11194 edit
File 135809713434.png - (897.11KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZH.png )
11194
Folka snaps out of his daze suddenly, even as Torinn groggily rises to his feet and takes a swing at the nearby tentacle, again failing to make a dent in the appendage's armored exterior. Sariel has a bit more luck as she approaches and unleashes a potent, psychically-infused gaze attack on the nightmare and the tentacle, giving it a taste of its own medicine. The tentacle reels and slithers back into the black hole from which it came, provoking another fierce shriek of pain from the nightmare. Another pair of tentacles spawn, and eye beams lance throughout the room--most miss their targets, but two find hits, wounding Sariel and Folka.

The fanged shadows lash into the fiendish nightmare, and it becomes ever more hateful--turning its piercing gaze upon Folka and Myn. For a brief moment, both feel themselves hurled through and incomprehensible void, and then their minds reel in pain as a flood of information that mortals were never meant to know enters their heads, then leaves just as quickly as it came. Folka collapses to the ground, unable to fight any longer, though Myn manages to stay on his feet.

Sariel, now finding herself in the middle of the leyline zone as it gushes, is hurled upwards into the air, and lands heavily on her back, knocking the wind out of her. A new bubbling, gushing zone appears in front of Sureiya, though he manages to skirt around the edge of the water for now.

Folka isn't dazed because of stunning palm stance.
Torinn stands from prone, then misses with valiant strike.
Sariel moves. Sariel uses inspiring word, allowing Folka to spend a surge and regain 20 hit points.
Sariel uses reorient the axis, granting Folka, Myn, and Torinn a shift.
Sariel spends an action point! Sariel uses fettering glare, hitting both the tentacle and the nightmare. Due to lifelink, the nightmare takes the highest damage dealt to one target, 22 psychic damage. This destroys the remaining crusher tentacle. Unnatural form prevents the nightmare from being knocked prone, but it takes 3 extra damage and grants combat advantage until the end of its turn instead.
Sariel's save is successful.
Spawn tentacles spawns an eye tentacle and a constrictor tentacle.
The nightmare takes 11 necrotic damage from hunger of hadar. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863778/
The constrictor tentacle 2 misses Sureiya with its grab.
The corruptor tentacle hits Sariel with its cause fear, sliding her 4 squares into the zone.
Eye tentacle 1 crits Folka with its eye beam for 8 lightning damage.
Eye tentacle 2 misses Sureiya with its eye beam.
Eye tentacle 4 misses Folka with its eye beam.
Eye tentacle 5 hits Sariel with its eye beam for 8 lightning damage.
Hemah's nightmare hits Myn and Folka for 18 psychic damage with glimpse the unthinkable. Both take a -3 penalty to their next save and Folka is DYING. (Shield of Devotion would keep him on his feet but he'd immediately fall unconscious to ongoing damage). The stunning palm stance ends when he falls unconscious.
Folka takes ongoing 5 psychic damage. Folka fails his save against ongoing damage and is dazed but succeeds his death save. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863779/
The leyline's zone gushes, sending Sariel flying 4 squares up. Sariel takes 10 falling damage and lands prone. The leyline's new zone attack misses Sureiya.
Myn takes ongoing 5 psychic damage and is bloodied.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-5) 24/55 HP, darkspiral aura 10, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, -3 to next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11) -8/53 HP (DYING), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successfully saves
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-5) 19/64 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 43/60 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (F-6) 30/53 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -279 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze, fettering glare effect
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -114 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16)
Eye Tentacle 5 (Enemy): (K-1)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Constrictor Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (C-15)
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
Hunger of hadar creates a zone of absolute darkness that blocks line of sight. Creatuers that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 11198 edit
Taking it upon himself to save his feeble minions from their plight, Myn rips out a fragment of the pointy-eared one's life to fuel his most potent attack, supported by an enormous torrent of dead enemy stuff.

Expend darkspiral aura against Nightmare: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863829/
Life siphon against Sariel's damage.

Move action: Move to K-4.
Standard action: Cast Your Glorious Sacrifice against Hemah's Nightmare. (deal 4 damage to Sariel)
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863851/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863854/

Minor action: Sustain Hadar.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863857/

>> No. 11199 edit
File 13581014243.png - (898.90KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZI.png )
11199
As Myn's mind hurtles through the unthinkable void, the warlock lashes back at his aggressor--with such power, gathered from all the enemies laid low today. Suddenly, both Myn and Folka plunge out of the attack earlier than expected, and though Folka staggers for a moment, looking like he might fall, he catches his breath and shakily remains on his feet. Folka pulls back his fist, and when the time is right, he strikes with a single, powerful punch to what passes for the aberration's forehead. Though it doesn't seem like it hurt the nightmare much, its eyes roll in its head and its defenses look open now--it's stunned.

Myn steadfastly strolls up next to Sariel, and grasps a bit of her life-force to use as fuel for the attack against the nightmare. Though Sariel coughs up a bit of blood immediately thereafter, The nightmare takes it a lot worse, with a massive burst of necrotic energy erupting from within the fiend, causing it to scream horribly in pain. Its eyes dull a bit, clouded by necrotic and poison energy, which seems to eat away at its flesh. Myn falters a bit as he pours what must be the last of his reserves into the lashing shadows that continue to assail the nightmarish beast.

Sureiya is staggered, but the nightmare looks quite haggard too.

Myn expends his darkspiral aura to deal 34 damage to the nightmare, and the nightmare is weakened for the attack. Since it's one attack against two targets, this also reduces the damage to Folka. Both take 9 psychic damage instead of 18.
This means Folka isn't dying and retains the stunning palm stance.
Folka readies his stunning palm strike for when the leyline uses its attack.
After the leyline attack resolves, Folka's stunning palm strike hits the nightmare for 5 damage, and the nightmare is stunned (save ends). http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863868/
Myn takes ongoing 5 psychic damage.
Myn moves, then uses your glorious sacrifice, scoring a critical hit for 29 damage and ongoing 9 necrotic and poison damage. This grants Myn the effect of fettering glare.
Myn sustains his hunger of hadar attack but misses with both attack rolls. Myn fails his save and is dazed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3863874/
Sureiya takes ongoing 5 psychic damage.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-4) 28/55 HP, darkspiral aura 1, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11)1/53 HP (DYING), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successfully saves
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-5) 19/64 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 38/60 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (F-6) 26/53 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -347 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze, ongoing 9 necrotic and poison damage
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -114 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16)
Eye Tentacle 5 (Enemy): (K-1)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Constrictor Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (C-15)
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
Hunger of hadar creates a zone of absolute darkness that blocks line of sight. Creatuers that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 11202 edit
Take folka's damage with shield of virtue
>> No. 11203 edit
File 129652691796.jpg - (79.78KB , 640x480 , kanongununu.jpg )
11203
Rather confused, the ranger can't react very quickly. Ignoring the minion near to him, the ranger throws his magical sword against the abomination again.
Ranged twin strike (9 and 10 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864235/
Save against daze (14) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864241/

>> No. 11204 edit
File 135812053621.png - (898.85KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZJ.png )
11204
Sureiya, still groggy from the previous attack, hurls his throwing sword twice at Hemah's nightmare, scoring two solid hits. The beast is wearing down, and Sureiya straightens himself--and finds himself in a watery zone that's about to burst.

Torinn can't use righteous shield because he is dazed.
Sureiya uses twin strike (ranged), hitting twice for 9 damage and 10 damage.
Sureiya is no longer dazed.
Torinn takes ongoing 5 psychic damage.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-4) 28/55 HP, darkspiral aura 1, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11) 10/53 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successfully saves
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-5) 14/64 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 38/60 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage
Sariel (Liliane): (F-6) 26/53 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -366 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze, ongoing 9 necrotic and poison damage
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -114 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16)
Eye Tentacle 5 (Enemy): (K-1)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Constrictor Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (C-15)
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
Hunger of hadar creates a zone of absolute darkness that blocks line of sight. Creatuers that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 11206 edit
Torinn just can't catch a break and succumbs to madness.

failed attack against corruptor tentacle : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864391/ (20)
failed save : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864392/ (3)

>> No. 11207 edit
File 13581230689.png - (895.75KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZK.png )
11207
Torinn stumbles forward, trying to slice through the small, writhing tentacle with his blade, but as he tries, he feels an overpowering will consume his mind, and a mental struggle over his body begins--one the dragonborn appears to be losing.

Torinn charges the corrupter tentacle but just barely misses with his melee basic attack.
Torinn fails his save and is dominated until he successfully saves.
Sariel takes ongoing 5 psychic damage.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-4) 28/55 HP, darkspiral aura 1, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11) 10/53 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successfully saves
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-3) 14/64 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dominated until successful save
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 38/60 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage
Sariel (Liliane): (F-6) 21/53 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -366 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze, ongoing 9 necrotic and poison damage
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -114 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16)
Eye Tentacle 5 (Enemy): (K-1)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Constrictor Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (C-15)
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
Hunger of hadar creates a zone of absolute darkness that blocks line of sight. Creatuers that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 11227 edit
Sariel crawls away from the murderous half-elf, glaring.

"I'll remember this, Drow filth," she growls, and then calls to Folka, "Get that monster!" while simultaneously energising the pugilist.[/i]

Crawl as much toward Folka as possible.
Minor: inspiring word Folka
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864519/
STandard: Direct the Strike Folka

>> No. 11231 edit
File 135812946725.png - (887.44KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZL.png )
11231
Sariel pulls herself along the wet, slippery ground, before reaching out a hand to infuse Folka with a bit of arcane energy. Caught off-guard, the monk whirls a kick towards the aberration, but the blow rebounds off its exterior. Resolving to do better, Sariel also gives him a bit of healing energy.

More tentacles continue to breach the barrier between worlds, and eye beams blast several of the adventurers, leaving all bleeding and burned and wet and generally looking quite wounded. The wily tentacle fails to ensnare Sureiya in its grasp, but a newly-spawned corrupter breaks the monk's resolve just long enough to send him running away. The nightmare lets loose a mighty roar, shaking off the conditions afflicting it.

The roar snaps Folka back to reality, and though he can feel his mind slipping away further and further, he leaps through the air and delivers a mighty kick to the nightmare, then follows with a flurry of punches once he lands. However, the last few punches seem to lack power, and that is because his will is no longer his own...

The watery pit below Sureiya gushes violently, hurling the ranger up through the air, and he splatters against the ground, hard. Though still clinging to consciousness, he's now just as bad off as his allies. Myn feels the glare of the nightmare continuing to sap his strength as it somehow perseveres...

Sariel crawls and uses inspiring word on Folka, causing him to spend a surge and regain 20 hit points.
Folka uses monk basic attack (granted by direct the strike) but misses the nightmare. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864520/
The nightmare begins its turn, taking 7 necrotic damage from hunger of hadar, and ongoing 9 necroticand poison damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864526/
Spawn tentacles spawns an eye tentacle and a corrupter tentacle.
Eye tentacle 1 and 2 both hit Sureiya with eye beam for 8 lightning damage.
Eye tentacle 4 CRITS Folka for 8 lightning damage. Eye tentacle 5 uses eye beam but misses Myn. Eye Tentacle 6 uses eye beam and hits Myn for 8 lightning damage.
Constrictor tentacle 2 tries to grasp Sureiya but misses. Corrupter tentacle 1 misses Torinn with cause fear (natural 1). Corrupter tentacle 2 hits Folka with cause fear, sliding him 2 squares.
The nightmare saves against stunned and ongoing damage.
Folka saves at start of turn thanks to superior will, but fails. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864541/
Folka takes ongoing 5 psychic damage. Folka charges with monk basic attack, hitting the nightmare for 8 damage plus 4 damage from flurry of blows.
The leyline zone gushes, hitting Sureiya and sending him flying 5 squares up. He takes 13 falling damage and lands prone.
Folka fails his save and is dominated until he successfully saves. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864543/
The leyline attack creates another zone and misses Folka.
Myn takes ongoing 5 psychic damage.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-4) 15/55 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 1, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dazed until successful save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11) 17/53 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dominated until successfully saves
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-3) 14/64 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dominated until successful save
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 22/60 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage
Sariel (Liliane): (G-6) 21/53 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -384 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -114 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16)
Eye Tentacle 5 (Enemy): (K-1)
Eye Tentacle 6 (Enemy): (L-7)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Constrictor Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (C-15)
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2)
Corrupter Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-9)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
Hunger of hadar creates a zone of absolute darkness that blocks line of sight. Creatuers that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 11233 edit
Expending the last bit of his power to keep his shadows alive, Myn's mind begins to collapse.

Minor action: Sustain Hadar.
Attack:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864560/

Saving throw:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864562/

>> No. 11235 edit
File 135813017518.png - (886.64KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZM.png )
11235
Even Myn's power seems to be running out, and though he manages to keep his grasping shadows sustained, he cannot maintain control of his will at the same time.

Myn sustains the zone but the attack misses.
Myn fails his save and is dominated.
Sureiya takes ongoing 5 psychic damage.


Initiative
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): 32
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 26
Volatile Watery Leyline (Mastery of the Leyline): 32
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 15
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 6
Sariel (Liliane): 6-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-4) 15/55 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 1, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, red until successful save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11) 17/53 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dominated until successfully saves
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-3) 14/64 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round, dominated until successful save
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 17/60 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage
Sariel (Liliane): (G-6) 21/53 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -8 HP, ongoing 5 psychic damage and save every round

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -385 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -114 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12)
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22)
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16)
Eye Tentacle 5 (Enemy): (K-1)
Eye Tentacle 6 (Enemy): (L-7)
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Constrictor Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (C-15)
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2)
Corrupter Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-9)

Notes
The water is about 15 feet deep and apparently clear.
Knowledge check for the leyline is arcana. Knowledge checks for the tentacles and nightmare are dungeoneering (separate checks for each type of monster).
The water wall surrounding Hemah's nightmare blocks line of sight and is difficult terrain (it extends above him as well).
The bubbling zones created by the leyline are also difficult terrain.
You take ongoing 5 psychic damage from maddening gaze and make a saving throw at the end of each round. If you fail, you are dazed until you successfully save. If you fail and are already dazed, you are instead dominated until you successfully save. A successful save does not end this effect unless you cannot see the nightmare.
Hunger of hadar creates a zone of absolute darkness that blocks line of sight. Creatuers that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 11238 edit
File 134484462683.png - (339.94KB , 442x430 , 14651324651.png )
11238
Regaining his senses, Sureiya finds himself laying on the ground. Using the valuable magic of his boots, the ranger stands up, and as he does, he sees how badly the situation for the party is right now. Myn, Torinn and Folka seem to be captured by the maddening gaze of the Nightmare. Sariel is on the ground, and she just spent the last of her energy trying to heal Folka. Not having time waste, Sureiya charges toward his enemy and uses the last of his strength to attack it.
"The dream is over, Hemaaah!"
Minor: stand up
Move: Move to E-10
Standard: Lashing leaves, final destination: (26,20) (29,19) Good rolls when we needed them the most, InvisibleCastle is so tsundere.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3864643/

>> No. 11240 edit
File lavos.wav - (135.35KB )
11240
Sureiya springs to his feet, activating the power of his magic boost, and closes the distance with the nightmarish aberration as quickly as possible. Standing alongside the dominated Folka, he brings his blade down in a graceful arc, and almost in slow-motion, it slashes through the beast's head, spraying its black blood everywhere.

A horrible scream, much louder than the previous ones the beast emanated, shakes the whole chamber and the black portal below the nightmare's head grows wider, and seems to start sucking it down very quickly. Sureiya's off-hand swing catches it as it descends, carving another gash as whatever that thing was disappears into the blackness, which then shrinks into a speck that quickly disappears as well. The many tentacles that filled the room seem to ominously fade away, as if they never existed at all.

All that remains of the nightmare is splatters of black blood over the ground and floating in the water. The room is quiet, except for a faint creaking and the sound of rushing water. Torinn, Myn, and Folka all suddenly snap to their senses, and everyone present is freed of the influence of the creature's psychic gaze.

Savenoul seems to snap out of the daze he'd been in since the nightmare appeared, groggily stammering, "Wha-wha...what in the Nine Hells was that...?"

Sureiya stands from prone as a minor using his acrobat boots. Sureiya moves.
Sureiya uses lashing leaves, the first hit for 20 damage finishes off the nightmare.


Final Stats
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-4) 15/55 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (F-11) 17/53 HP (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (G-3) 14/64 HP (Bloodied)
Rutger (Astaroth): (E/F-5/6) 12/32 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted Not present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (C-15) 17/60 HP (Bloodied)
Sariel (Liliane): (G-6) 21/53 HP (Bloodied)
Savenoul (Ally): (N/O-14/15) Non-combatant, -23 HP

Enemies
Hemah's Nightmare (Enemy): (F/H-12/14) -405 HP (Bloodied), maddening gaze DRIVEN BACK
Crusher Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (H/I-6/7) -114 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Crusher Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H/I-17/18) -122 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Eye Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (C-12) DRIVEN BACK
Eye Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-3) DEAD
Eye Tentacle 3 (Enemy): (I-22) DRIVEN BACK
Eye Tentacle 4 (Enemy): (L-16) DRIVEN BACK
Eye Tentacle 5 (Enemy): (K-1) DRIVEN BACK
Eye Tentacle 6 (Enemy): (L-7) DRIVEN BACK
Constrictor Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-4) +3 to AC/Reflex against attacks while grabbing DEAD
Constrictor Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (C-15) DRIVEN BACK
Corrupter Tentacle 1 (Enemy): (F-2) DRIVEN BACK
Corrupter Tentacle 2 (Enemy): (H-9) DRIVEN BACK
>> No. 11241 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
11241
"A nightmare" the ranger rushes to reply.
"It was someone's terrible nightmare."
>> No. 11242 edit
File 135813811211.jpg - (50.18KB , 145x317 , dead.jpg )
11242
Gripping his head as though he'd had a terrible headache, Torinn almost retches from what little bits his mind is able to remember of the thing's evil gaze. Some things were not meant to be known.

With the beast vanquished, Torinn's remaining vigor disappears, and he falls flat on his stomach, cringing in pain from his wounds. He sputters through a mouthful of blood,
"Finish the ritual."
>> No. 11243 edit
Tossing his imp into the pool in relief, Myn decides to leave the rest to his battered henchmen.

"As I suspected, the far realms hold a great deal of power. Perhaps I'll do some research for once."

>> No. 11245 edit
"Sariel" the half-orc says while sheathing his swords. "Are you okay? Can you start the ritual?"
Short rest, spend last surge.
>> No. 11246 edit
Sariel, still angry over Myn's tapping of her life force, decides to leave the matter for now.

"I'll need assistance," she rasps. "The ritual... we did it together last time, did we not?"
>> No. 11247 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
11247
Folka walks over to the gathered party and sits, panting. "...you guys make a habit of tangling with eldritch aberrations from beyond time and space?"

Torinn is in possession of the ritual scrolls, and Sariel is correct--you remember Elayne mentioning that the ritual worked best if five or six people cast it together.
>> No. 11248 edit
File 135823060563.jpg - (20.09KB , 256x256 , 1284337252767.jpg )
11248
"Sometimes, yeah " the ranger smirks, trying not to look at Savenoul, who wasn't very friendly two encounters ago.
"Is everyone alright? We need to assist Sariel with the ritual like the last time."
>> No. 11249 edit
Noting that his work is unfinished, Torinn forces himself to stay conscious long enough to eat the silver pear fruit he'd found earlier. It gives him enough health that he's no longer on the verge of blacking out, which should be good enough for the ritual. Speaking of which, the dragonborn takes out the important scrolls (thank goodness for bags of holding, or else they might be soaked in blood by now) and walks them over to Sariel.

"What do you suppose the odds are," he muses with a worried expression, "That this city starts to flood in the next ten minutes?"
>> No. 11250 edit
Sariel grimaces.

"Negligible," she responds, then after a pause, "Even if it happened, we could do nothing about it. Negligible."
>> No. 11251 edit
File 135829577845.png - (938.80KB , 1010x670 , depthsZZN.png )
11251
Savenoul chimes in, "The walls should hold up longer than that... though those sounds we heard don't sound good, and there is water rushing into this room... I wouldn't want to be here a few hours from now."

The group gathers around in the center of the room. They'll need to figure out how to exit later, but for now, there is work to be done.
>> No. 11252 edit
"We better finish this soon and find a way out"
>> No. 11253 edit
Without further ado, Sariel casts the ritual.
>> No. 11254 edit
Audio 29_-_Repression_(Memoro_de_la_S^tono).mp3 - (4.89MB , 29 - Repression (Memoro de la S^tono).mp3 )
11254
The five adventurers gather around in a circle as Sariel begins the ritual, each lending their strength and focus to its shaping. Savenoul stands back, looking on in wonder. As the mage begins directing the ritual, the room seems to slip away from the consciousness of each of you as it had when you performed this ritual before the fiery leyline...

A duel. A cavern, deep below the surface, and two figures battling on a narrow land bridge. At each end of the bridge are tunnels, echoing sounds of distant battle as others fight, yet these two battle on heedless. Below the naturally-formed land bridge, you can see that the ground doesn't seem too far downwards at first, but it slopes and gives way to an eerie blackness that is almost unnatural. A bald and bearded orc in spiked scale armor wields a massive battle-axe alongside a wicked-looking spiked gauntlet in mortal combat with a hide-armored, gray-haired orc. You recognize these two from before--Ragrim Dragonsworn and Obould Many-Arrows the first.

Obould's battle axe clangs to the ground as he slams another weapon--a massive war-pole into the ground. The two were exchanging words, but you couldn't make them out before. Now, sounds are no longer muffled, and you can hear the entire cavern shake and reverberate as Obould channels enormous power through his weapon. Ragrim lets loose a battle cry and charges, somehow keeping his footing as the land bridge trembles. A split-second before his great sword slashes into the future ruler, Obould sweeps his polearm in a great arc, and a wave of immense elemental power ruptures the land bridge, tearing it completely apart. Ragrim falls backwards, down, down into the darkness... Obould also falls backwards, as if amazed at the own power he'd brought forth, but the section of the land bridge he stood on is now simply a ledge looking over the pit.

You feel your consciousness seem to slide farther and farther away from the scene, into blackness, until you hear a voice cut into your mind. The words it speaks are unintelligible, and not just because of your distorted senses like before--it's not of any language that any of you are familiar with. Your view seems to "turn," as it were, and into view slides a single figure, sitting cross-legged in what appears to be complete darkness. Faint traces of light seem to seep in around the edges, illuminating the area where he is, revealing a construction similar to the eladrin towers you have explored in this sunken city. Hemah doesn't appear to be conscious, he mutters as if in a trance, though at least you can make out his words: "I understand, master. It shall be done."

He stands, and the darkness seems to completely fade from the room--revealing that it is the same room you now find yourself inside, though you are not present. It is devoid of all creatures but Hemah. The eladrin dreamer turns his head upwards, and faces the leyline, which glows ominously... and you realize that the strange voices you heard before seem to be coming from the leyline itself. In the midst of all the eldritch whispers, you hear a single, dark voice cut through, asking, "Do you desire power?"

The leyline glows until its light overwhelms your senses, and then the light gradually fades, until darkness is all that you can perceive. You hear the sounds of rock on rock as something stirs in the shadows. It mutters an incantation, and a small flame ignites at the end of a leather-gloved finger, providing illumination to this dark place.

"Cordelia..." a voice, belonging to the orc extracting himself, battered and bloodied, from the rubble, calls out. He stands, and you recognize him as the figure from before--Ragrim Dragonsworn. But this is not the cavern where he fell, for here there is open sky--yet the sky is gray, and filled with black clouds. The landscape here is jagged and empty, and odd shades of black and gray, yet seems to shimmer faintly. The only other signs of light other than the flame flicking at the end of the orc's finger are distant, orangish and yellow points of light that appear to be dozens of eyes in the distance.

"...this is not Toril," Ragrim declares softly, his eyes scanning the horizon and the blackened sky. "The plane of Shadow? But it's different, somehow--what is this place...?"

As if to answer, two ghoulish humanoids leap from hiding in piles of rock nearby, their gray skin easily blending into the landscape of this distant plane. Reflexively, Ragrim yells and swings his empty sword-arm in a clawing motion--and shadowy energy that seemed to seep from behind him lashes out, as if at his command, and slices through the undead assailants, completely obliterating them. Gasping in wonder, Ragrim turns behind him, from whence the energy came--and sees, just above the place where he found himself buried in rubble, a translucent membrane seeming to hold back swirling, chaotic energies, embedding into the side of a cliff face. Above it, reality seems to twist and distort itself, sucking in the sky.

Ragrim approaches the leyline cautiously...


Each of you suddenly snaps back to your senses. Sariel can feel that the ritual is now successfully cast, and silence returns to the chamber, except for the faint trickling of running water.
>> No. 11256 edit
"We're done," Sariel pronounces. "Now then, let us find a way to escape here, lest we become permanent residents."
>> No. 11257 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
11257
Having trouble to react to Sariel's order, Sureiya mumbles "...what was doing Ragrim on the Shadow plane?"
>> No. 11258 edit
Sariel scoffs. "Are you all deadbeat from the visions? Ignore them for now, we can decipher their meaning later!" She impatiently starts for the door already, not at all interested to become a victim of some drowning accident.
>> No. 11259 edit
Assured that he was right about the leyline being a leyline of commincation, Torinn stares at it for a moment, then pounds his fist into his palm threateningly towards whoever's watching on the other end. Then he follows behind Sariel, wondering aloud, "So what will happen to the survivors and their cultural artifacts?" "And books," he adds silently.
>> No. 11260 edit
File 129610171245.png - (84.95KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana3.png )
11260
"They weren't really interested in how we got in here, and they weren't either interested in leaving. I don't see any reason to worry about them anymore."
If there's nothing else stopping him, Sureiya will get out of the room and inspect the path on the left that he didn't explore yet, and then he will return to the leyline's room using the right path. Sureiya will stop to inspect any place that looks suspicious, or any branch or door that went unnoticed before.
Perception: 26
Thievery: 21
Streetwise: 21
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3873491/

>> No. 11262 edit
Audio 125_Boss_Cid.mp3 - (2.18MB , 125 Boss Cid.mp3 )
11262
Torinn might do well to remember that the tower sealed was done so in an airtight way, and was separate from the area in which you now find yourselves. Even if this building is damaged, the remaining refugees should be fine.

Sureiya's search of the room reveals little interesting, until he investigates the northwest wall--he hears a rumbling, followed by a massive cracking and crashing sound, and the half-orc just manages to dodge to the side as a massive submarine-like vehicle breaks through the wall, spilling water and debris into the room.

Water starts to gush in, but a hatch on top of the vehicle opens, and a rope ladder quickly descends. The rather-startled party sees Sid frantically waving from the top of the hatch, and he yells, "Great googly-moogly, thank goodness I found you guys! Figured if I headed for the leyline, I'd be able to find you!"
>> No. 11263 edit
File 135868878170.jpg - (292.01KB , 716x945 , 134752494665.jpg )
11263
Happy to see the submarine again, the ranger exclaims "Awesome! But it would have been really nice if we did this since the beginning!"
>> No. 11264 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
11264
"S-several of the towers have started to crumble, the dock collapsed, and much of the city has been crushed by massive waves. That's the only reason I was able to reach the leyline directly!" Sid stammers from the top of the UB0AT. "Th-the tower you first entered was safe, but I was afraid you'd moved on since then! Anyways, best hurry and come aboard!"
>> No. 11270 edit
File 129610198440.png - (135.67KB , 500x500 , awwww___.png )
11270
>>11264
With no way to stop the wall of water blocking the way out, Torinn resignedly steps aboard.
>> No. 11271 edit
Trying to get the things moving, Sureiya asks Savenoul to follow him, and introduces him to the old Sid.
"Hey Sid, we made a friend here. Would you mind if he come home with us? Long story."
>> No. 11272 edit
File 130161923579.jpg - (206.94KB , 550x660 , 265a17aa2bd6a6d42f7f2f1968cc01a3.jpg )
11272
Savenoul approaches the UB0AT quickly, apparently quite eager to leave the flooding room. Sid regards him nervously, and the mutant eladrin has to squeeze to enter the hatch, but he does manage to get inside. The gnome says, "You can tell me all about it on the way, all righty? We need to get moving!"
>> No. 11273 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
11273
The group loads themselves into the underwater transport, Savenoul squeezing through the interior corridors that are obviously a little too small for his massive frame, and parks himself in one of the larger rooms inside. He is apparently quite fascinated by the UB0AT, constantly scanning it over, but remains relatively quiet despite this.

You have to wait for about a half-hour or so for the room to fill with water (it fills much more quickly with the new hole Sid made in the wall) before the transport is capable of moving again, but once it is filled, Sid begins to plot a course out of the underground cavern and back towards Baldur's Gate. As he does so, he makes some small talk, "So what in the blue blazing balls happened in there?"
>> No. 11274 edit
Sariel relates the story of their encounter with Hemah, and his peculiar messages to them.
>> No. 11275 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
11275
Sureiya contributes to the dream storytelling, and then asks again to the group.
"Do you guys think Ragrim encountered the Fell King back then?..."
>> No. 11276 edit
>>11275
"Encountered? Pretty sure he somehow became the Fell King." And if he still wields that kind of power, we're in a world and a half of trouble.
>> No. 11277 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
11277
Sid takes in all of the details while piloting the undersea transport, and ponders a moment before adding his own two cents, "Great googly-moogly... that's quite the encounter. Seems like these leylines attract all sorts of weird folk, eh?" The gnome chuckles at his self-deprecation, staring at the radar that seeks out the leylines. "But about those visions, you should really mention those to Elayne the next time we're able to meet up--should be after your trip to the Earthmote. I'm pretty sure stuff like that wasn't intended to happen."
>> No. 11278 edit
>>11277
"I shouldn't think so. We're just placing beacons of a sort, right?"
>> No. 11279 edit
File 129611866875.png - (84.80KB , 291x478 , kan_nayamua.png )
11279
"Hmmm, talking about that. I was hoping our friend here could get checked once we return. I'm guessing a strong ritual should be able to break his curse, and that should be an easy feat for the scholars at the Arcanimus."
>> No. 11280 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
11280
Sid nods patiently at the replies, and adds, "Oh, definitely. We can get him looked at, and I'm sure we'll be able to do something for him, if he's lived this long." He turns his head towards Torinn and says, "I'm afraid I'm not very clear on the specifics of the ritual, but it doesn't sound quite right. Still, it could be a blessing in disguise... I guess we should hope for that, aye?"
>> No. 11281 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
11281
The journey is mostly quiet, but after a time the group arrives back at the docks at Baldur's Gate. It is early evening by the time you arrive, but you've managed to get plenty of rest. An owl hoots in the distance, and the bustle of the busy city remains somewhat subdued after the assassinations a week or so prior.

The Arcanimus is no doubt where you'll want to head, or you can go ahead and check into the inn if you wish.
>> No. 11284 edit
"Right... Let's check in with the folks at the Arcanimus first. Any objections?"
>> No. 11285 edit
"I have an interest in Savenoul's condition..." Sariel adds, her mind temporarily pre-occupied, as if some arcane force hasn't quite allowed her to concentrate on the matters at hand.

never updated for me omg i thought limbo was slow :(((
>> No. 11286 edit
Audio 12_-_The_Grand_Duchy_of_Jeuno.mp3 - (3.75MB , 12 - The Grand Duchy of Jeuno.mp3 )
11286
Savenoul looks nervously over the city. "So this is Baldur's Gate, you said? Human cities are strange..." He shuffles his feet a bit, sheepishly. "I've heard of the city of course, but never left the isles."

The group leads Savenoul to the Arcanimus, the style of construction of which seems to lend some comfort and familiarity to the mutant eladrin. He draws a fair amount of stares from the sparse population milling the streets, and he seems rather embarrassed by it.

Once inside, the party and Savenoul are greeted by Ilar, Elayne's elven apprentice. He bows and says, "Ah, welcome back, welcome back. We were contacted by one of the grand duke's lackeys, who said you had arrived." He turns a curious yet somewhat unnerved gaze towards Savenoul, who averts his gaze. "And wha--who is this?"
>> No. 11287 edit
File 129797399880.png - (85.34KB , 291x478 , kan_majimea37.png )
11287
Too tired to explain the situation in deep, the orc mumbles a few words.
"He's a friend of us, his name is Savenoul. He needs treatment.
Hmm, is Elayne back yet?"
>> No. 11288 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
11288
"Regretfully, no," Ilar replies, tearing his gaze away from the mutant eladrin. "I believe she intends to remain at the Spine of the World and have you meet her there once the next assignment is complete--that was the impression I got from the last message we received from her."

He gestures towards Savenoul, saying, "I can see he was the subject of some rather... distasteful experiments." He turns to address the eladrin worker directly, saying, "Mister Savenoul, we'll have some of our best mages have a look at you, and contact some clerics. I'm certain the process can be reversed." He nods to a nearby warforged, who leads Savenoul away. Ilar resumes his discussion with the adventuring party, "Was your journey a success?"

Sid pipes up, having returned with the adventurers, "Oh, quite! The UB0AT functioned perfectly to specifications!" He scratches his head, then adds as an afterthought, "Oh, and they managed to perform the ritual at the leyline as well. Very competent, this team."
>> No. 11289 edit
Audio 13_Bloody_Malie.mp3 - (3.14MB , 13 Bloody Malie.mp3 )
11289
"It was a close call, but we made it. Though there was something rather... Odd about the ritual."

Torinn goes into detail about the visions recieved, about Obould and Ragrim, and how the leylines 'speak' to their protectors and tempt them. He looks worried, "What do you suppose the chances are that Ragrim survived that fall and lived on as the Fell King?" And if he became stronger for it...
>> No. 11292 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
11292
Ilar pauses for a moment to consider. "...Ragrim? Well, if that's the case, then it seems that the ritual is feeding you... his memories?" The elf draws a hand to his chin and scratches it thoughtfully, looking upwards, as if in a daze. "Hmmm... I wish they'd let me look at the spellbook entry for that ritual before they left. The truncated version present on scrolls simply isn't enough to get a real sense at to what it's trying to do... I suspect the only ones who could tell us what's going on there are Elayne, and Halvangh the Finder."
>> No. 11293 edit
File 130160247175.png - (85.38KB , 291x478 , kan_defa2.png )
11293
Thinking back in that last fierce battle, Sureiya scratches the back of his head and comments.
"I'm not sure if we can call that mission a success, we saw hell on that place. But we accomplished our objective and somehow managed to return alive."
>> No. 11295 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
11295
The elf clears his throat and produces several small bags of gold, saying, "At any rate, here is your ongoing payment, straight from the Ducal Palace!"

Each of you receive a pouch containing 1120 gold pieces.
>> No. 11299 edit
"I assume everyone'll want to turn this gold liquid and enchant their items..." Sariel drawls, taking her share. "If you can purchase the materials I am quite sure I can enchant your goods... Of course, you may be able to barter and acquire equivalent goods for an equal or lesser price."
>> No. 11302 edit
Audio 23_-_Sometime_Somewhere.mp3 - (2.64MB , 23 - Sometime Somewhere.mp3 )
11302
"In addition," the elf adds as you take the bags of gold, "we are prepared to offer a minor, custom enchantment to your bags of holding. It should make taking items out of them and putting items back in easier!"
>> No. 11310 edit
Sariel frowns curiously. "Do say more of this 'enchantment'," the eladrin bids.
>> No. 11312 edit
File 130248690692.png - (56.22KB , 330x443 , kan_nayamua74.png )
11312
Picking his reward, the ranger adds.
"Great, let's sell this stuff and divide the loot later."
>> No. 11313 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
11313
Ilar does his best to explain how the enchantment works.

This adds the following powers and property to your bag of holding:
Property: When you use a wondrous or consumable item, you may draw the item as part of the same action used to use the item.
Free Action (1/round): Stow an item.
Free Action (1/round): Draw an item.

>> No. 11327 edit
File 135995865032.jpg - (91.51KB , 256x400 , Elf wizard.jpg )
11327
While the group is having their bags of holding handed over and enchanted, Ilar manages to pull Sariel away from the rest for a brief conversation. "If I may, might I request you stop by the Arcanimus in a few hours? Forgive my presumption, but you appear a well-traveled arcane practitioner, and fruitful discussion have been rare here with Elayne absent."
>> No. 11328 edit
Sariel considers for a moment, then nods. "I suppose there is nothing pressing I must attend to, and it'd be refreshing to have a good discussion for once."
>> No. 11329 edit
Audio 20_-_Fury.mp3 - (2.44MB , 20 - Fury.mp3 )
11329
With business in the Arcanimus concluded, the adventurers depart. Ilar confirms he's looking forward to talking with Sariel later.

Outside is a familiar-looking female half-orc with an downcast expression, leaning against the building's exterior. "You guys had quite an adventure down there, eh?"
>> No. 11330 edit
File 136001836351.png - (388.55KB , 640x480 , leo_b5.png )
11330
Sureiya greets Thelkra with a hand movement, and then replies to her.
"Some of the sort, yes. Since we got into this city our schedule has been pretty busy. From undead dragons to evil cultists. Oh right, we played with a Kraken this time, no wait, two Krakens" Sureiya adds, with a carefree smirk on his face.
>> No. 11331 edit
File 130018229643.png - (45.36KB , 128x128 , thelkra.png )
11331
"Ha! Wish things were going as smoothly around here." Thelkra replies, pushing herself off the wall and walking towards Sureiya. "You guys keep it up, all right? You're doing the good work out there. Unlike most around here who are sitting on their asses." She walks past you briskly, apparently cutting off the conversation there.

Sureiya: (Passive Perception) You're pretty sure she slipped something into one of your pockets as she passed by.
>> No. 11332 edit
File 136004133754.png - (335.76KB , 640x480 , leo_2a.png )
11332
Surprised by Thelkra's actions, Sureiya check s his pockets, trying to find what did she leave there.
"Hey hey, I'm sure you are pretty busy now, but can you at least tell us what is this for?"
>> No. 11333 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
11333
Thelkra sighs and turns back towards Sureiya, who is holding the scrap of paper in his hand. "You could try reading it, mister smooth operator." She then turns and continues walking away.

You can see it is, in fact, a scrap of paper with some writing on it. If Sureiya reads it, it's an invitation to meet her on the roof of the Flaming Fist HQ in two hours, alone.
>> No. 11334 edit
File 136004498823.png - (388.92KB , 640x480 , leo_b11a.png )
11334
Nope. Sureiya can't take a hint.
After reading the note, the ranger decides to keep the message to himself, and then attempts to bluff his way out.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it."
>> No. 11344 edit
Sariel watches these proceeds with minor interest.
>> No. 11348 edit
File 131794304635.jpg - (70.11KB , 379x238 , The smile you never want to see.jpg )
11348
Torinn seems a bit detached at the moment. If one were to peer into his thoughts, they'd find that he's taking the loss of the books a bit harder than one normally should. His clan was based around the idea of leaving something for the next generation, something to show you were there. Sealed away at the bottom of the ocean, the rest of the world couldn't see what was inside those histories, and now it never would. With the texts gone and the remaining survivors locked up tighter than a drum, who would remember them? Well, this group would, he supposed.

But it was mostly about the books being lost. Damn the Fell King and his ilk straight to the depths of the Nine Hells.

First he'd need some equipment necessary to send the bastard there, though. Now where was that shop... Against all advice, Torinn wanders off.

>> No. 11367 edit
Audio 12_-_The_Grand_Duchy_of_Jeuno.mp3 - (3.75MB , 12 - The Grand Duchy of Jeuno.mp3 )
11367
Apparently Sureiya said something very amusing, because Thelkra chuckles as she walks away. Torinn also heads off on his own, leaving the rest of the party to decide what to do in the meantime. It might be a good idea to check into the inn and get their belongings in order, and it should be noted that the Flaming Fist armory has aided them in their acquisitions in the past.
>> No. 11368 edit
File 136006083915.png - (131.95KB , 278x249 , kanonyay.png )
11368
Pretending not to be bothered by the outcome of that conversation, the ranger suggests going to the market and try to sell the artsy stuff they found in the dungeon.
>> No. 11370 edit
After a lengthy detour spent hunting down information, Torinn finds his way back to the Flaming Fist armory. The dragonborn bids the shopkeeper hello and deposits his share of loot on the counter. "I'd like something to empower my attacks while on horseback." Or cat-back, as it were.

Streetwise check to find a good private investigator and their typical fees : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3908187/ (26)
Request Iron Armbands of Power and Lancing Gloves

>> No. 11390 edit
Audio Final_Fantasy_09_0218_-_Tantalus_Theme.mp3 - (3.23MB , Final Fantasy 09 0218 - Tantalus Theme.mp3 )
11390
Torinn's hunt in the city for a private investigator is difficult, as much of the city's services have been requisitioned for use by others. However, he is able to find a somewhat shady-looking halfling who promises good results for 5gp/hour.

At the Flaming Fist armory, Brozwon the mul armorer replies evenly to Torinn's requests, and requests 4620 gold in payment.

Sureiya has little trouble exchanging the art objects for a comparable amount of gold, as trade remains quite active in the market district.
>> No. 11391 edit
File 129643998318.png - (89.42KB , 291x478 , kan_waraia123.png )
11391
"Hahaha, this should be good enough. Thanks man."
Looking satisfied with the deals, Sureiya leaves the market, and assuming some party members are still with him, he will give them their part of the share.
How did a dumb orc managed to share the loot in equals parts? He gathered the whole loot from the adventure and asked around to the merchants who traded with him. They helped him to divide the reward, and give him some mundane bags so he could give it to the others.

>> No. 11392 edit
Audio 15_-_Anxiety.mp3 - (4.46MB , 15 - Anxiety.mp3 )
11392
By the time Sureiya finishes selling the items, it's getting pretty close to the time at which Thelkra asked to meet him. Sariel may also want to visit the Arcanimus again soon, Torinn is in negotiations with the investigator, who wants to know what he's to investigate, and Myn is probably headed back to the inn, unless he has other ideas.
>> No. 11393 edit
Sariel goes to do something interesting at the Arcanimus.
>> No. 11398 edit
File 130896125850.png - (59.57KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea4.png )
11398
Before Sariel retires, the rangers hands over one of his blades to her.
"Once you finish your business, you think you could you work on my blade? I think it could use some of your help."
Give to Sariel my +1 harmony blade and 1760gp worth of magical reagents.
>> No. 11400 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
11400
Torinn

The small, somewhat dusty office Torinn finds himself standing in is very, very brown. The walls are dark wood paneled, and the cabinets, desk, and chairs are also a dark, earthly brown. While standing, the dragonborn's head nearly scrapes the ceiling. The only window to the outside is one that is worked into the wooden door that leads into the small office. Torinn is sitting in a slightly-too-small-for-him chair in front of a desk, and a halfling woman is sitting behind the desk, staring at the dragonborn over some papers. Speaking of papers, there are papers everywhere in this office--covering the desk, scattered on the floor, and stuffed into cabinets. Each of the papers is covered in black, scrawled ink. All of the wood looks freshly polished, and indeed, the room spells faintly of wood polish--the only other smell that Torinn can note is a strange, citrus-like smell that seems to be originating from whatever the halfling is smoking in her cob pipe.

She is short (perhaps not for a halfling) and slender, and dressed in a brown tenchcoat, dark brown slacks, and a brimmed brown hat. She smokes thoughtfully as she regards Torinn, "Listen, egghead, you tell me what you want done, fork over some dough, and I'll get to the flat-footin'. Otherwise, beat it. I could get a visit from the duke's cronies any minute here, and I don't need you scarin' 'em off!"
>> No. 11401 edit
Audio 13_-_Heavens_Tower.mp3 - (5.88MB , 13 - Heavens Tower.mp3 )
11401
Sariel

Sariel arrives at the Arcanimus, and finds Ilar on the platform at the top of the spiraling stairway in the middle of the circular building. The entire building has its classic eladrin organic shape, the walls lined with curved bookcases with walkways providing access, and a faint magic preventing any dangerous falls. At this time, the facility is rather sparsely populated, but Ilar nevertheless looks pleased to see that the eladrin mage has come. The air smells faintly of plants, and indeed, many slightly-damp green plants curl around the bookcases and serve as decor throughout the building. The lighting appears to be magic plants that provide illumination in the form of glowing flower bulbs.

"It's good to see you," the elf says as Sariel has a seat opposite him, on one of the two comfy couches that surround a medium-sized end table. The table has a few tomes atop it, one of which appears to Sariel to be a ritual book, and the other two appear to be ancient books about the study of arcane magic. "As I mentioned earlier, you strike me as one interested in the inner workings of the arcane. It has come up with Halvangh and Elayne spoke of you. Tell me, what do you know of the Spellplague?"

A history check would give you some information on the Spellplague if you need it.
>> No. 11402 edit
File 129625045160.png - (26.45KB , 147x185 , diplomaticimmunity.png )
11402
>>11400
Torinn regards the small woman for a moment before getting down to business, "A couple of years ago, in the city of Djerad Thymar, an heirloom belonging to the Stormhorn clan was entrusted to a clan of artisans in the hopes of restoring it to its original luster. It was a thin gold band worn around the wrist, with a deep red ruby set in it. And that ruby had the Stormhorn's insignia engraved into it, a narwhal piercing the heavens with its horn. It is said that the stone contains the ashes of one of the clan's first founders, who watched over them as it was passed down each generation. Supposedly it was stolen by the same artisans that were hired to restore it, but even with them under lock and key, it has yet to be found."

He drops a pouch of various reagents valuing about 1,000 gold on the table before he leans in closer, "I want to hire you to find that band. Think you're up to it?"
>> No. 11403 edit
Audio 19_-_Hopelessness.mp3 - (3.09MB , 19 - Hopelessness.mp3 )
11403
"Wait, all the way in Djerad Thymar?" the halfling replies, eying of the bag of reagents. "Well... I guess for pay like that, how can I refuse? But that's gonna take some time, egghead. I don't even know how I'm gonna get there. With this money I'm sure I can find a way." She takes the bag and nods to Torinn, saying, "You picked one hell of a locale to go lookin' for help on this case. Why not pick someone closer to home, eh?"
>> No. 11405 edit
File 132581685436.png - (10.94KB , 130x331 , Umineko_Kanon_Blazblue_by_FangBladeJoker.png )
11405
Once Sariel leaves, Sureiya decides to move to the Flaming Fist HQ. However, just casually walking there would be no fun.
The ranger gets his ragged clothes from his bag of holding and uses them to cover his face (as he supposedly did before).
Shortly after, he trances into stealth mode, with average results, doing his best not to be found by nobody that knows him.

Once in the Flamming Fist, Sureiya decides the stairs inside of the building are too boring, and he looks his way around it. Being on a lucky strike, the ranger finds a trusty ladder on the side, and the climbs it all the way up.

Stealth: (23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910899/
Athetlics for climbing and looking awesome (take 10, 21)

>> No. 11406 edit
Audio 3-06_Star_Stealing_Girl.mp3 - (3.49MB , 3-06 Star Stealing Girl.mp3 )
11406
Sureiya

The roof is pretty barren when Sureiya arrives. It's pretty simple white stone, worked into a giant oval. The oval juts up into square protrusions at various intervals along the circumference, and leaning against one of them is Thelkra.

The sun is setting by now, and the female half-orc is staring out over the sunset. Despite Sureiya's attempts at stealth, Thelkra turns her head to face him, looking a bit distracted and down.

"Hey," Thelkra says, giving the ranger a weak wave. "Glad ya came. It's been hard to find someone to talk too... everyone in the Flaming Fist is running errands for the duke's guard, Thalwynn's gone, and Valanor still hasn't come back..." She drops her head for a moment before facing Sureiya again. "I figured someone like you might understand. I just need to... you know... have someone out there who knows about me. It was... lonely, for so long."
>> No. 11407 edit
File 136021977981.png - (336.21KB , 640x480 , leo_9.png )
11407
"I bet it has been hard, it seems like everyone is really busy right now..." Sureiya says. Then, after a pause, he adds.
"Lonely, huh? Let me hear about it."
>> No. 11408 edit
File 130018229643.png - (45.36KB , 128x128 , thelkra.png )
11408
"Been that way since I was young. I never even met my parents," Thelkra explains, tossing her dagger casually into the air and catching it. "Valanor... was the only family I knew. But he has duties, and wasn't around as much as I would've liked."

She looks at Sureiya, as if asking him to emphasize, saying, "Since you're a half-orc, like me... I thought you might understand what I mean. Sorry if I assumed a bit too much and made an ass of myself."
>> No. 11409 edit
File 136022279149.png - (335.44KB , 640x480 , leo_10.png )
11409
"So he's like her fatherly figure huh. Not bad."
Sureiya looks back at Thelkra, trying to think in something good to say. Then, after a few seconds, the ranger does his best to respond to Thelkra's story.


"Even being blessed with a family, I think I might understand a bit of what you say.
Half-orcs were never well thought of in my place. We always had to cover our faces, or most people would refuse even to trade with us. By the time I had grown up, I decided to learn to fight, so I could help my parents to overcome our poverty.
But some stuff happened and I was forced to leave my town. Since then, I haven't been able to communicate a lot with my family. I sent them a letter a few days ago, but I haven't received a reply.
But even then, I haven't felt lonely lately. Sure, things might look bad right now, but you don't have to get concerned over the things we cannot change.

But, ya know. The cure for loneliness is very simple. You just gotta spend time with someone else."
>> No. 11410 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
11410
Thelkra chuckles a bit, looking away. When she looks up again, not directly at Sureiya, she says something strange, "This may seem like an odd question, Sureiya, and ya don't really seem like the type for quotin' scripture... but what do you think of the gods? Do they gotta plan for all of us, or what?"
>> No. 11412 edit
File 129643998318.png - (89.42KB , 291x478 , kan_waraia123.png )
11412
A bit surprised by the question, Sureiya smirks back at the half-orc.

"Heh, well. I don't know. Sometimes it's kind of hard to guess what the gods are thinking of, but you know. I'm sure of something.
Nothing good will come from prayers alone. I believe the fate is forged by the people who works hard to see their dreams come true.
Do that answers your question?"
>> No. 11413 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
11413
"Here," Thelkra says, jumping forward closer to Sureiya. She raises both hands to the part of her tunic covering her bust. "Let me show you something."

Before the ranger can react, she pulls apart the leather straps holding the tunic together, revealing a patch of cleavage. But... it doesn't appear to be what it seems, because there is a black, crystalline mass lodged into the center of her chest, just below the neckline. "...What do you think the gods had in mind, when they decided I got this?"

She nods, and closes up the leather vest somewhat, staring down at the black mass. "It's a spellscar. There's no way to tell what kind of effects they will have on a person. I can tell you what this one does though, because I've had a long time to think about it." She looks up, and says, "See, I've been alive for almost one hundred years now. This thing stopped my aging when I hit about sixteen."
>> No. 11414 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
11414
Looking rather interested on the xxxx scar, the ranger ponders.
"...Like I said, sometimes you can't know what the gods are thinking of.
A spellscar, huh. I don't think I had seen one before. Were you born with it?"
>> No. 11415 edit
Audio 10_-_Hidden_Truths.mp3 - (5.34MB , 10 - Hidden Truths.mp3 )
11415
"That's what Valanor tells me," Thelkra says, covering up the spellscar again by tying to bindings of her leather vest back together. "I've had it for as long as I can remember. It's given me a lot of time to think..."

She turns away and continues on, "You're right. We half-orcs don't have an easy life. You've felt that as much as I have. You said it didn't do me any good to worry about things I can't change, but..." she whirls around and says, "Ya'know, I think this spellscar means I can do something! I just don't know what that is yet! I... if that was part of the gods' plan, then something should come of it, right? But I feel lost, Valanor's not here, and even miss Cragmaul's gone!" She throws her hands up almost in desperate exasperation. "Ergh... sorry to go off on you like that. I know you don't have the answers. I guess I'm just... frustrated I can't do anything, and wanted someone else to know... those things about me. Nobody else does, besides Valanor and miss Cragmaul."
>> No. 11416 edit
File 129610171245.png - (84.95KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana3.png )
11416
"...Have you talked about this with someone else, besides Valanor and Cragmaul? I might not be an arcanist, but I can see that spellscar should have great powers.
I know you respect Valanor, but if he hasn't been able, or he didn't want to reveal you the spellscar powers, then you might need to ask someone else. Maybe Halvang or someone experienced enough in the Arcanimus."
>> No. 11417 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
11417
"...I know you might not get this, but I trust Valanor," Thelkra replies, a bit miffed. "He's a skilled sorcerer, and I don't think he'd hold information about it back from me. Or if he did, he'd have a good reason for it. Anyways, I'd rather you didn't mention this to any of those snoops as the Arcanimus--I'd rather not get 'researched.'"
>> No. 11418 edit
File 136024480345.jpg - (80.97KB , 337x450 , 3f6ac9bdc445adb05bdfab21cc1a7e2b.jpg )
11418
>>11401
"Nothing good, I can say that much," Sariel replies, as she takes a seat. "What I know is not much; I apologise, but I found such an event to pale in comparison to arcane powers today. Still, it was somewhat of an object of obsession for my brother, and he is the sort to speak of his obsessions with everyone." She smiles wryly. "Even those whose interest is obviously absent.

"To say it shortly, it is the result of a goddess's death, is it not? A treacherous conspiracy of sorts, resulting in the sundering of magic and miracles as man knew it. Correct me if I err, my brother's tales were prone to excited rambling and stories woven into stories woven into stories."
>> No. 11420 edit
File 129472065539.jpg - (199.05KB , 387x534 , amazing butterfly.jpg )
11420
>>11403
"I can't go home until that item is found. They won't even open the gates for the likes of me." And I'm a bit busy with the whole world-saving business.
>> No. 11422 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
11422
>>11418
"That is largely correct," Ilar replies, nodding. "The goddess of magic, Mystra, perished, and when she did, the very nature of magic itself throughout the world changed. It was a terrible catastrophe that shook the foundation of Toril... it was in the years that followed, when refugees began to flood into Baldur's Gate, that Elayne founded the Arcanimus."

The elf gestures a bit dramatically at this as he continues on, "The primary purpose of the facility was it was originally envisioned was to study the full effects of the Spellplague on magic itself--particularly arcane magic. Though the Arcanimus has changed and grown over time, Elayne remains personally dedicated to this study. It is peculiar, no? We are able to easily define the nature of divine magic, of primal magic, of psionic magic, as being linked to the gods, primal spirits, and the mind, respectively. Yet the nature of arcane magic is not so precisely defined. So let me ask you, Sariel, what do you think defines arcane magic?"

>>11420
"Ah, I see. Tricky business for me then," the halfing replies, tucking away the payment. "Well, I can't promise much in the way of results for a good long while, given travel time, but I'll see what I can do, yeah?"
>> No. 11423 edit
>>11422
Sariel considers for a moment, then responds, "Effort and hard work." She pauses, then adds, "Understanding, if nothing else. Curiosity. What brings us to arcane magic? The desire to understand the workings of the world, and to apply our understanding. In all true arcanists there lies the desire to consume knowledge. To learn about magic as much as about oneself.

"Of course, there are those would-be arcanists, whose claim to arcane magic is a paltry backdoor deal with some wretch." She mentally spits at the thought of Myn. "But, fundamentally, arcane magic is brought about by our desire to know, and our application of that knowledge. It is not some innate talent or pleading from deities. It is power brought about by effort and understanding, the result of curiosity."
>> No. 11425 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
11425
>>11423
"Yes, of course," Ilar says, gesturing to the books that surround them. "That is why the Arcanimus is a place of knowledge and learning now. It is by intense study and practice that we manipulate reality through sheer force of will. Still, the energies we channel to form spells come from somewhere--and that is the mystery. If they are not borne of a divine being or spirits, then from where do they come?"

Ilar reclines a bit, and gestures as he rambles a bit, "There are many theories. Inner power, and latent energies that surround us are the most common ones. Certainly, we do use such things, but it does not quite explain the powers of the most powerful wizards. Elayne believes there is something more to it... would you like to hear her theory?"
>> No. 11427 edit
File 129611866875.png - (84.80KB , 291x478 , kan_nayamua.png )
11427
>>11417
"Don't get the wrong idea, I don't even like arcanists very much myself. I wouldn't like to see these freaks doing some weird tests on you.

But if Valanor hasn't explained to you what your spellscar can do, then he might be wary of you trying something reckless. I guess you might need to talk with him again, once they return."
>> No. 11428 edit
File 130018229643.png - (45.36KB , 128x128 , thelkra.png )
11428
>>11427
"He told me not to get too cocky, because I'm not immortal. I don't plan on impaling myself anytime soon to find out," Thelkra explains, relaxing her posture a bit, and leaning back on the roof protrusion. "Since I've had this for like more than ninety years now, I think I'd know if it gave me more power than that. Thanks for your concern, though." She looks away again, and quietly adds, "Well, thanks for listening to me. I think I've said about everything I wanna say. Ya got anything else ya wanna talk about?"
>> No. 11429 edit
Myn sneezes.
>> No. 11435 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
11435
Myn

Myn is relaxing in his rather luxurious room reserved in the Helm and Cloak Inn. Suddenly, the peace and quiet is broken by his imp flying off of his shoulder and hovering in front of his face. It speaks in the language only the two of them can understand, saying, "Listen, boss, after that last thing with the tentacle monster... I think we gotta talk."
>> No. 11441 edit
>>11435

Averting his attention from his relaxation, Myn peers disinterestedly at the minion.

"I do not mind. We can discuss my vision to replace you with a tentacle monster if you wish."
>> No. 11448 edit
Sariel nods.
>> No. 11452 edit
Audio 13_-_Heavens_Tower.mp3 - (5.88MB , 13 - Heavens Tower.mp3 )
11452
Myn

"Cute," the imp replies, floating lazily around Myn. "But the home office is gettin' quite interested in this, ya dig? Until now they thought this Fell King guy was some two-bit crony, and maybe he still is, but that thing that got pulled over from the Far Realm was something else." It holds up a book, and begins to flip the pages, adjusting a tiny set of glasses. "'Parently there hasn't been this big of a shake-up from the Far Realms since the Spellplague. So yeah, I figured you should know that your doings are getting the attention of the boys down below, yeah? They highly suggest that you keep following up on it."

Sariel

Ilar reclines and begins to explain, "Elayne did a lot of interviews. It is exactly as you said: practice, and learning are definitely key to channeling arcane power. Yet one thing became clear as she conducted her interviews." With a sweep of his hand, the elf indicates the piles of books, "Those that holed themselves up in ivory towers and stuck to pure book learning had their limits. They grew, but not as quickly as some others. One thing was certain: wandering mages who traveled to lands far abroad became much more capable arcane casters more quickly than those who restricted themselves to pure research."

He leans forward now, folding his hands in front of him. "Intrigued by these results, Elayne dug further. Specifically, what she found among the most potent casters was clear and focused memories of distant lands, places they had visited in their travels. Following up, she discovered that among book-learners, those who studied far-off geography would also become more proficient more quickly than their peers." The elf gestures to a window, saying, "What Elayne has concluded is that though there is only so much latent arcane power that we can draw from our surroundings and from within, those who have strong memories of distant lands can call upon the power of those lands as well--even if they are nowhere nearby."

Ilar gestures back to the books, "I have yet to encounter such a radical theory in all of my studies, but it intrigues me. That's why I study under Elayne--I want to hear more of her ideas. You, however, are a very good example of a mage who travels to distant lands, and certainly, you have grown in your proficiency with arcane magic quite a bit in this time, have you not?"

Torinn

When Torinn leaves the PI office, he is met by a familiar tiefling.

"It is good to see you again, yes!" Letharst says, rubbing his hands together and regarding Torinn with a toothy grin. "Could I trouble you to come to the ducal palace for a time? We have some business to discuss, yes."
>> No. 11453 edit
Sariel scoffs a little derisively. "Practice makes perfect, does it not? It should be no surprise that those who travel make use of their magic more. Being stuck in a library as this may be grand, but it does not test your limits." She makes a grandiose gesture. "I have battled dragons, both alive and undead. I have bested madmen and eldritch abominations. What better way to test and better the constraints of your magical talents than such challenges? True, I did not venture from Myth Drannor solely to partake in adventure, but I find nothing more challenging to my aptitude as an arcanist than the din of battle."

She smiles wryly. "Of course, I am eager also to cast spells less destructive. So far, the group I travel with has not needed any such spells... our adventures are decidedly one-dimensional, focused completely on the destruction and obliteration of numerous enemies."
>> No. 11454 edit
Torinn is quite startled. He didn't realize he was being followed, and had hoped nobody was prying into his business.

"If you insist," he says resignedly/
>> No. 11455 edit
>>11452

Myn wonders if he's seen the imp actually holding a book before.

"Highly suggest, is it... whilst I abhor coercion, I can't stay that I lack interest in this matter myself. However, know that I will have no qualms with turning my attention elsewhere should these ventures cease to be rewarding."
>> No. 11456 edit
File 136047556781.png - (335.58KB , 640x480 , leo_4a.png )
11456
>>11428
Knowing when enough is enough, the ranger says "Sure, just something.
I'm guessing we are leaving tomorrow, there's still work to do. So, let's meet again when I'm back. I have no idea if you will be around, so I'll come and wait here around the sunset."
Saying this, Sureiya says good bye and leaves.
>> No. 11457 edit
Audio 15_-_Anxiety.mp3 - (4.46MB , 15 - Anxiety.mp3 )
11457
>>11453
Ilar looks a bit disappointed at Sariel's response, but nods simply. "It seems the world's becoming a more dangerous place these days." He sighs, and looks off into the distance nostalgically. "If we could donate more time bending our arcane power to peaceful uses, we might advance society a hundred years in a decade. But as long as vile fiends continue to make use of magic and deception to weave destruction, we must use our own to respond in kind. That's another reason we must strive to better master our power--so that those who would seek to unravel civilization would not best us. I'm glad there are those like you out there."

>>11454
As Torinn and Letharst walk to the ducal palace at a leisurely pace, the tiefling begins to explain the situation, "I apologize if I was interrupting anything. It concerns the monk we enlisted to fight alongside you, yes. It seems the time has come for him to depart on his own personal journey, and the duke does not wish to stop him. Therefore, we are looking to find another powerful adventurer to aid you."

>>11455
"Listen, bud, this ain't no group of ruffians threatenin' to cut yer throat if you don't hand over your wallet. We're talking Asmodeus and the Nine Hells here. Mephistopheles in particular is having a look at this one," the book imp warns, holding a finger up while continuing to read from its book. "Things like that ain't crawling between dimensions everyday. 'Rewarding' doesn't begin to describe the kind of power that's at stake here--you stand to gain a great deal if you cooperate, warlock."
>> No. 11458 edit
File 129674887945.jpg - (278.84KB , 600x799 , armslooklikedanglinglegs.jpg )
11458
>>11457
Another one? "Best of luck to him then," Torinn murmurs before speaking up, "But if I recall, the palace said that adventurers of our caliber aren't exactly commonplace. So who exactly did you have in mind?"
>> No. 11459 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
11459
>>11458
Letharst tilts his head and nods absently. "Oh, yes, yes. We've found a small handful at most, but most rejected our advances, having their own personal struggles to overcome and such things. But this one, yes, this one I think has potential. We found him at Candlekeep, just to the south, rather engrossed in study. I believe he'd be willing to aid us, for a price of course, yes!"

>>11456
"Hah, sounds good," Thelkra says, watching Sureiya walk off. Where should the half-orc head to now? Perhaps to the inn, or did he have somewhere else in mind?
>> No. 11461 edit
>>11459
"A mercenary, huh," Torinn says disdainfully, completely missing the irony.
>> No. 11462 edit
File 130121837726.jpg - (122.29KB , 800x1289 , letharst.jpg )
11462
>>11461
Letharst chuckles a bit at that. "Now, now, it is not so bad to be paid for your work, yes? Besides, from what I understand, the money is secondary for this one. What he truly seeks is something far more, yes, yes! Though he's not exactly the talkative type, so we didn't get much from him."
>> No. 11463 edit
File 131343684047.png - (141.91KB , 480x526 , gattai.png )
11463
>>11462
"I suppose not," Torinn admits. Another quiet one, huh? They sure do have their fair share of those. "When can we meet them?"
>> No. 11466 edit
Audio 23_-_Sometime_Somewhere.mp3 - (2.64MB , 23 - Sometime Somewhere.mp3 )
11466
"Sometime soon, yes! I believe he was summonsed to the palace..."

While Letharst and Torinn are heading for the palace, they encounter Sureiya, who was heading somewhere back from the Arcanimus.

"Ah, another member of your band, yes? Perfect!" Letharst exclaims, rubbing his hands together.
>> No. 11467 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
11467
"Hey. Did the Duke summon us again?"
>> No. 11468 edit
>>11467
"Not quite. Folka's leaving, and we're meeting up with his replacement now."
>> No. 11469 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
11469
"What the..? That guy sure was silent lately. I guess he had planned not to tell us he was going to leave.
...So, let's go meet this guy then."
>> No. 11470 edit
Audio 13_-_Ru'Lude_Gardens.mp3 - (3.80MB , 13 - Ru\'Lude Gardens.mp3 )
11470
Torinn, Sureiya, and Letharst find their way to the opulent palace of the Grand Duke of Baldur's Gate. It appears to be well-guarded, but the armored guards allow passage to the group, seeing Letharst traveling with them. Once in the great entry hall, Letharst steps forward, and whispers something to a nearby guard, who nods, then goes down one of the connecting halls. He returns shortly with a rather intimidating, tall figure. It's difficult to make out the figure's features as he wears a large, purplish-gray cloak that covers his whole body and has a hood draped over his head. Sureiya's keen senses can see, however, that the skin of his face is a very deep violet, and a pair of pupiless, white eyes peer out from beneath the hood.

"These are two of the adventurers I was telling you about, yes, yes," Letharst addresses the cloaked figure. Looking back to Torinn and Sureiya, he gestures to the cloaked figure and says, "And he is the one I spoke of, yes!"
>> No. 11471 edit
File 136056614612.png - (59.60KB , 208x397 , BUP_0060.png )
11471
>>11470
in a small tone"It's a p-pleasure to meet you."
>> No. 11472 edit
File 130248690692.png - (56.22KB , 330x443 , kan_nayamua74.png )
11472
"Huh, that's an interesting skin color."
Sureiya introduces himself, stretching his hand for a handshake.

"The name is Sureiya. Good to meet ya."
>> No. 11473 edit
File 136056868586.jpg - (73.74KB , 600x427 , Sonozaki_Mion_by_ShibaKuukaku.jpg )
11473
>>11472
He looks at the man who talked.
"I can't stand orcs"


"Yeah.., call me whatever you want."
>> No. 11474 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
11474
"And there we go for a great partnership..."
Noticing something's off, Sureiya moves back his arm and wonders.
"What is this guy problem?"

>> No. 11475 edit
File 136057354238.jpg - (29.57KB , 500x333 , 500px-Mion1.jpg )
11475
Without hesitation and regardless of the atmosphere, he closes his eyes and thinks for a second. Then, he goes to where Letharst is and murmurs in his ear.

" Are you sure these 2 are as good as you said? Look there is even an half orc here."
>> No. 11476 edit
File 130121837726.jpg - (122.29KB , 800x1289 , letharst.jpg )
11476
>>11475
Letharst nods enthusiastically, rubbing his hands together as he does so. "Oh yes, yes, yes! They even defeated a dragon or two a while back, you know!"
>> No. 11477 edit
File 130533980957.gif - (7.83KB , 71x150 , blink blink.gif )
11477
>>11476
The dragonborn tries to be friendly, "Well, Sir Whatever, you can call me Torinn. If you feel doubtful about our exploits, I happen to have those very dragon heads on my person." Realizing this is not the best choice of words, he tries to change the subject, "At any rate, I've been told that you wish to join us?"
>> No. 11478 edit
File 136058104053.jpg - (108.05KB , 774x1032 , mion_sonozaki_v_1_by_CrazyBadB0y.jpg )
11478
>>11477
Without looking even one second at Sureiya, he takes a step forward to have a better look at the dragon heads.

" I have seen many things in my long life Mr. Tu, Torinn was it? But not many of that kind."

Like he did earlier, he closes his eyes and thinks for 2 seconds. "Yes, it will do"

"What I wish is more impressive and more worth than these incredible heads, Mr. Torinn, something that I only can obtain." He takes a step back, this time looking only at Sureiya as he goes back to his initial position. (talking to both)

"My place is with you. I want to join your group for the time being."
>> No. 11479 edit
Sariel nods again, thoughtfully this time. "I suppose it is inevitable that we struggle continuously. Partly, of course, because these short-lived monkeys," she snorts derisively, "cannot help but rush towards their inane goals of longevity. With age comes wisdom, say the humans, and their lack of it is painfully obvious... especially in these trying times of crisis and international brouhaha."
>> No. 11480 edit
File 136059388046.jpg - (42.27KB , 435x527 , wobbly wave.jpg )
11480
>>11478
Torinn puts away his trophies and nods in understanding, assuming he understood the newcomer. Achievements of the sort he is thinking of are certainly worth striving for. Speaking on behalf of those not present, he continues, "Then I welcome you to our group," and says so with a smile made to inspire confidence and camaraderie. "Can you tell us what it is you do?"
>> No. 11481 edit
File 136059679370.jpg - (89.27KB , 912x877 , mion_sonozaki_3_by_mycalamity_sixx6sixx-d39tefx.jpg )
11481
>>11480

Having little interest about the discussion until now, he seems to be full of energy to answer that question.
"Everything I do and will do is by the rules of the lord of Knowledge himself. He lends me his power so that I can fulfil any challenge with success. I also studied a lot about healing magic, more than you can imagine." he looks at Sureiya "Well, you seems to have enough barbarism in your group already, tsk."
>> No. 11484 edit
File 129625045160.png - (26.45KB , 147x185 , diplomaticimmunity.png )
11484
>>11481
"'Lord of Knowledge'? Sounds like a cleric of Oghma." Torinn muses to himself. The slight at his ally doesn't escape his notice, though. "Now, now, I know Sureiya looks a little rough around the edges, but he's very dependable and certainly not a savage."
>> No. 11488 edit
File 133969364379.png - (59.41KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria2.png )
11488
"Oh man, this is worst than the guys at the Emerald Cabal."
"Hey, hey. I can show you some 'barbarism' anytime you want, but if we are gonna work together you better watch that tongue."
>> No. 11496 edit
File 136063956981.png - (67.07KB , 272x397 , BUP_0087.png )
11496
>>11488
Samel takes a good look at the Sureiya. Maybe he went too far, he thinks. What would happens if that half orc decides to be an obstacle between him and his objective.

" You have guts my new p-partner, I was always told to not judge a book by its cover, and it seems that I failed to do so.Everyone here thinks highly of you and of your skills, therefore I should too. Very well, maybe we will be able to communicate in battle more than with words." This time it is Samel that moves his hand forward for an handshake with the man. Will he accepts it? He thinks, "Maybe I should add a smile."
>> No. 11498 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
11498
"Very well..." says Sureiya, accepting the handshake.
"Will you tell us your name now?"
>> No. 11499 edit
File 136064783478.png - (60.95KB , 208x397 , BUP_0067.png )
11499
>>11498
"It's been a while since anyone has asked me for my real name.I almost don't remember it myself. Let's think. Didn't I tell you to call me by anything you wanted..." Well, no point in hiding it now.

"My name is Samel."
>> No. 11503 edit
File 130017450663.png - (58.64KB , 330x443 , kan_defa114.png )
11503
"Alright, welcome to our group, Samel."
Throwing a look to the Tiefling, Sureiya questions. "Hey, Letharst. What about our next journey? Did the Duke say something about it? I believe we needed someone to get a pair of griffons."
>> No. 11504 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
11504
>>11479
Ilar nods shakily, a bit taken aback. He maintains his composure, however, and says, "Well, it is getting late. Perhaps sometime soon, we can have a much more interesting discussion with Elayne involved as well--I'm sure she would love to discuss matters of the arcane once she has free time as well."

>>11503
"More than a pair, yes," Letharst replies, nodding enthusiastically. "I believe the duke intends to fully brief you in the morning, but we were able to reclaim five serviceable griffons at Waterdeep, which should be able to bear you safely to the earthmote, yes!"
>> No. 11506 edit
>>11457

"I would hold said lowly ruffians in higher esteem than your illustrious devils, I think.

With a trademark smile, Myn flicks the imp out of orbit.

"That having been said, that worthless noble's payment has hardly been adequate for my time. Additional compensation should make this business somewhat more enjoyable."
>> No. 11511 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
11511
"So they got them? Dammnit, I was hoping they would think on a more reliable transportation."
"Alright, we'll meet the Duke tomorrow at first hour."

Looking at Samel and Torinn, the ranger asks in a casual manner.
"Care to go out for a drink?"
>> No. 11513 edit
File 136077017387.png - (463.52KB , 845x853 , mion23.png )
11513
>>11511
"Did he just say griffons??? Who are these guys? Maybe I will find more if I go have a drink with them."

"I will go with you, if Torinn decides to join us."
>> No. 11514 edit
File 136078106136.png - (46.59KB , 499x368 , bean.png )
11514
>>11511
>>11513
"Only a little drink," Torinn relents, "I want to be very sober by tomorrow."
>> No. 11523 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
11523
As Torinn, Samel, and Sureiya head off to get some drinks--it should be noted they needed to head over to the Purple Wyrm Inn and Tavern, because no hard liquor or beer is served at the Helm and Cloak--it appears Ilar has something more to discuss with Sariel.

"Before I forget, there was something else," the elf says, holding up a finger. "Could you tell me a little bit about this 'Hemah' you encountered?"
>> No. 11525 edit
Sariel reclines a little lazily in her chair. "An eladrin of the Court of Coral who, supposedly, saw prophetic visions and dreams. Those did not guide him to intelligent design, for when the first aberration came knocking, eager to gank his brain, he all too willingly accepted."
>> No. 11527 edit
File 129875666734.png - (15.61KB , 217x157 , kanonheh_ib4f.png )
11527
Getting into the tavern, Sureiya procures a decent looking table, and ask for three pints. Then he gets comfortable on whatever they have to sit on, and gives a large gulp to his drink.
"Oh man, nothing like a cold drink after a long travel.
...Hmm, well, tell us, Samel. Are you used to dangerous trips? We aren't going to a party tomorrow, ya know?"
>> No. 11528 edit
Audio 13_-_Heavens_Tower.mp3 - (5.88MB , 13 - Heavens Tower.mp3 )
11528
"Hmm... dreams, and visions," Ilar repeats, seemingly lost in thought. "And they somehow... gave him strange powers, from what I recall Torinn saying earlier. Interesting... well, thank you again. I think I need some time to think about this, and perhaps discuss it with Elayne as well."
>> No. 11530 edit
File 13608355097.png - (482.92KB , 845x853 , mion28.png )
11530
>>11527

Even if this question is natural and common, Samel has to take a pause before answering. He looks very confuse about what to say, he even things about going outside, but don't act as the others presses him to answer.
"I can't... answer that question. I was going to candlekeep mostly for the temple and the library, before that... Well, that's all there is to it. As if I went to dangerous adventures before, I do not know, the only things I know for sure are my skills my goal."
>> No. 11531 edit
File 129797399880.png - (85.34KB , 291x478 , kan_majimea37.png )
11531
"The only things you know?" The ranger questions.
"You know, I don't know a lot about... you know, your kind" Sureiya whispers.
>> No. 11536 edit
File 13608379828.png - (413.61KB , 845x853 , mion25.png )
11536
>>11531
After that whisper Samel slams the table with his hands and his expression completely changes.
" You want to know more about my race huh? I am starting to like you, even for an half orc.
"Samel puts his hands together and form what seems to be a religious sign. He also closes his eyes.
"Very well, me the great Samel will guide you through my voice,he opens his eyes and looks around him but let it be known that everything I tell you is something I have studied with the help of Oghma himself. What is it that you want to know, my new partners?"
>> No. 11537 edit
"It seems we got a crazy one here."
"Calm down, calm down. No need to make a ruckus in this place. See, what you said a while ago sounded kind of weird, so I though it was amnesia or something?"
>> No. 11538 edit
>>11536
Nursing a small ale, Torinn asks, "If you don't mind me asking, what are the tenants of your god?"
>> No. 11539 edit
File 136091353128.png - (477.77KB , 845x853 , mion27.png )
11539
>>11537
regaining his composure
"Tsk, my apologies, I got a little bit carried away. To answer your question, there may be some blanks in my memory about the last century, but I wouldn't call that amnesia. No, more like Oghma doesn't want me to be distracted by the past."

>>11538
"Know that we preserve knowledge favored by the Binder, and preserve and protect knowledge and ideas. Now it is my turn, if I may ask, who is your deity? "
>> No. 11540 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
11540
"...the last century? I wonder if Thelkra would like to share a few words with this guy later."

Sureiya then mutters a few words, before asking the bartender for another drink.

"So my guess was correct, you are actually a Deva. Well, I don't know if you'll find what you seek with us, but trust me, we really need to stop this big bad guy, or there might be nothing for ya to study later."
>> No. 11544 edit
File 136094983929.png - (60.39KB , 208x397 , BUP_0064.png )
11544
>>11540
Pushing to Sureiya his untouched drink.
"Here, drink this."

He thinks for a while.
"Friend, I don't know what would make a warrior like you anxious. With all due respect, this shall not be of my concern. To be honest, I accepted this job only for the reward and for the chance to reach my objective. To worry about a war between nations isn't in my list of priorities."

He murmurs to himself. "Tsk, a fewer orcs would even be benefict for the world.
>> No. 11545 edit
File 136094984281.png - (34.20KB , 206x217 , I Am The Very Model Of A Modern Major General.png )
11545
>>11539
Torinn considers the ramifications of 'protecting ideas and knowledge'. That was like preserving history, right? Sounds like Oghma would have been a huge hit with the folks back at home. Torinn thumps his check proudly when asked to speak of his own deity, and declares, "I follow the Platinum Dragon, who champions the ideals of justice, protection, and honor."
>> No. 11547 edit
Accepting the Deva's drink, Sureiya continues.
"A conflict over nations is not the greatest danger, but a war against forces from a different plane.
You might understand better once you see what this guy is capable of."
>> No. 11550 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
11550
>>11548
>> No. 11557 edit
File 136119883266.png - (541.61KB , 1087x814 , mion38.png )
11557
>>11547
(talking to both)
"Maybe you are right." Samel thinks and then add" On the other hand, ive been looking for documents in the big library concerning the Fell King, but I did not find anything relevant. Does that guy even exist?"


>>11545
Samel is happy.
" A servant of Bahamut! By the lord this will be interesting.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason