[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
game fell out window

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 136470944788.jpg - (43.16KB , 500x305 , d&d beasts giant space hamster.jpg )
11808 No. 11808 edit
>>11236
Previous thread~

This thread will be for OOC Chatter and Discussion.

Character Sheets:
George (Myn Nthelsyr) http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=215664
Uncle Mion (Samel) https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4cyNZNsxxHgcUo1NXJ2ZzFzdGs/edit
Astaroth (Torinn Tormine) http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=217138
Liliane (Sariel) https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0Pf2xAWVLoAMkJsdEZUTjRUS3V6WEZNVmF6SFphUQ
anon-kun (Sureiya) http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=224099
Piece (Yalko Malik) https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8lSeOt5S5dqOWpUU3g5SnM3Z2c/edit

The Books: http://www.mediafire.com/?7g2v42d2xdy7f

Re: CHARACTER BUILDER (VERY useful!)
Everything has been put together here and organized for maximum ease of use:

http://www.mediafire.com/?44xdbd8bl89dbkg

Step 0: Download the above, unrar it.
Step 1: Run the program in the Step 1 folder, this will download the character builder.
Step 2: Run the program in the Step 2 folder, this will update your Cbuilder. Make sure to specify the directory to which you installed the program in Step 1. Be absolutely sure of this, because it may try to install in a different directory (Program Files as opposed to Program Files x86 or vice versa), which will not work.
Step 3: Move the files in the Step 3 folder into the CBuilder directory.
Step 4: Run the "CBLoader.exe" file. It will take some time to download all the custom content the first (and perhaps second) time you load it.
Step 5: That should be it. Remember, always open it using the CBLoader.exe and not the default Cbuilder file.
Expand all images
>> No. 11811 edit
File 132820197884.png - (275.95KB , 900x900 , 2012013101.png )
11811
Oh man, so Rin really allowed that build? Hahahahahaha.
Welcome abroad!
>> No. 11812 edit
File 136471567846.jpg - (128.90KB , 740x640 , 7b169a95cbd8ab816ebdd00abe2320a9ea1121f9.jpg )
11812
>>11811
Why not? Is there a problem with the build?
>> No. 11813 edit
File 129620679514.png - (13.95KB , 217x157 , kanonheh.png )
11813
>>11812
I'm talking about the extreme bluff bonus. Anyway I don't really mind it, but, there was any reason not to train unarmored agility? Your build looks a little too weak.
>> No. 11814 edit
File 136471613117.jpg - (101.26KB , 842x595 , 33141449_p12.jpg )
11814
>>11813
The reason is that I can't into dnd.
>> No. 11815 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
11815
>>11814
Well I just realized you got that bonus without using "that" theme, so that's a little impressive by itself. In any case, are you okay with it? Is normal for controllers to be a little fragile, but anyone who's new could use some help from others.
>> No. 11816 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
11816
>>11815
What is "that" theme?

Anyway, I didn't really know whether my build was weak or not.
>> No. 11817 edit
>>11816
Black-Hearted Knave is your theme. Your character looks really strong, just a little fragile, as often happens with controllers.
>> No. 11818 edit
>>11816
I would like to be able to guide you a little better, but my understanding of most controllers equipments and mechanics is rather dull, however if I can help you in other way just ask ok.
>> No. 11819 edit
File 13647175264.png - (102.24KB , 341x373 , Battlerne14.png )
11819
>>11817
I see. Bern was also telling me that he could die.

>>11818
Good night.
>> No. 11822 edit
File 130160276450.jpg - (33.77KB , 480x600 , 532f7d2c516c43766483fd16e0a61b7a.jpg )
11822
Does Yalko have telepathy? I know Myn does because of Elan heritage, but I don't see anything on Yalko's sheet that indicates telepathy.
>> No. 11823 edit
File 136472905034.png - (78.54KB , 220x352 , battler7.png )
11823
>>11822
Joji's post said the telepathy is two-way, I took that to mean Yalko could respond even without that.

If not, disregard that part.
>> No. 11824 edit
>Kenkku
>Monster
brb rolling damage
>> No. 11827 edit
That is a lot of bluff. I can't even understand how you got so much bluff.
>> No. 11828 edit
Also Kenku look a lot like Yukes from the Crystal Chronicles games.
>> No. 11829 edit
By the way, no, Mystra doesn't have balls. Chiefly because she's a woman, secondary because she's dead.
>> No. 11834 edit
Chase helplessly after Torinn*

Sariel is beset by enemies on all sides. I think Sariel cleanly wins "most dislikeable member of the party".
>> No. 11835 edit
Also she pauses her tirade, because even Sariel knows when she is outnumbered.
>> No. 11837 edit
File 133936271884.png - (117.70KB , 397x474 , Kanonwithamonocleinadress.png )
11837
>rolling bluff every time
Seriously, you don't even need to roll, even a 1 would totally crush us.
>> No. 11838 edit
File 136475797439.png - (20.26KB , 156x284 , reaction.png )
11838
>>11827
I'm probably just going to keep using that picture as there don't seem to be many and it's a good way to identify the post at a glance.
>> No. 11839 edit
>>11838
You know you could post as Battler too. It's like the same thing, except with a beak and stuff. He's even a liar too.
>>11834
I don't think Sariel is unlikable, she's just a little grumpy.
>> No. 11840 edit
File 13647581665.png - (57.00KB , 264x390 , battler6.png )
11840
>>11839
Then it would be unfitting, since everyone can see Yalko always tells the truth.
>> No. 11841 edit
File 129556016030.jpg - (149.45KB , 520x650 , 2c56fd365d68cde9c3aca3613201a588.jpg )
11841
>>11823
Yes, telepathy is two-way. That's all right, nevermind.
>> No. 11842 edit
File 129828845679.png - (73.89KB , 291x478 , kanonwithamonocle.png )
11842
>>11840
Hmm, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but, a bluff check doesn't make others think someone's telling the truth. It simply doesn't make them suspect otherwise, and help you keep safe from other's insight checks. However, if someone see you killing someone, saying something like "I didn't kill him" it isn't going to work. You could try something like "it was in self-defense" or maybe "he was an alien", but if the witness was your victim's best friend and knew him well enough, no bluff check would be able to make him believe you.
>> No. 11844 edit
File 136475889426.png - (63.86KB , 374x378 , battler8.png )
11844
>>11842
Really? I thought you just needed a high enough bluff to convince them.
>> No. 11845 edit
>>11844
It probably depends of the Dungeon Master, but I think the most agreed view was that bluff ain't that magical. At least you can't convince the king of being a tree or stuff like that.
Rin should elaborate a little on this pls.
>> No. 11846 edit
File 136475917199.png - (101.75KB , 341x373 , Battlerne10.png )
11846
>>11845
So you mean you can't bluff your way into convincing everyone you're not a bear?
>> No. 11847 edit
>>11846
Well maybe except that, that would totally work of course.
>> No. 11853 edit
File 129875666734.png - (15.61KB , 217x157 , thatsthejoke.png )
11853
Did you just google something like "programming" and "wizard"? Because eval is one of the worst things ever.
>> No. 11854 edit
>>11853
Oh wait, this eval refers to a different thing. Carry on then.
>> No. 11855 edit
File 136476250426.jpg - (236.76KB , 530x881 , 1262658541910.jpg )
11855
>>11853
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKRVNQ_MqE
>> No. 11856 edit
File 136476278075.png - (92.49KB , 774x487 , howdotheywork.png )
11856
>>11855
Oh man so that's from where the gif comes.
>> No. 11858 edit
File 12983496168.png - (12.93KB , 700x700 , kan_majimea4.png )
11858
alright you win, you can use the same picture if you want geez
>> No. 11860 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
11860
>>11846
It's a bit DM-dependent, but generally what I'd say is that if they know for a fact something isn't true you're not going to be able to convince them otherwise, high Bluff or not. For example, you cannot convince the Valanor he is a dragontree. If there's even a bit of doubt, however, a high enough Bluff check could probably persuade them.
>> No. 11863 edit
File 129930994422.png - (32.63KB , 200x200 , unlimitedsadworks.png )
11863
Wait, are you seriously leaving?
>> No. 11865 edit
File 130163327316.jpg - (51.66KB , 395x550 , 44cc8475339c6f810d0c74ea6b05e6b1.jpg )
11865
>>11863
Just go along with it IC, things have been worked out and the explanation will soon become clear.
>> No. 11867 edit
File 136478663989.jpg - (151.04KB , 400x500 , b30d3960c4f4837f61159acb577e1a61d2ee588e.jpg )
11867
>>11863
If I left now, the choirs of agony from Bern and Piece would be unending. No, I'm not leaving. It'll work out. Trust me, I'm an expert.

This is nothing to do with Piece either--despite my reservations about him, I do welcome him to the group and look forward to him encouraging George to finally let go of the safety rails and cavorting free in the uncharted waters of the fantasy roleplay. I simply must be part of that when it happens.
>> No. 11869 edit
>>11865
>>11867
okok
>> No. 11870 edit
>raven queen
kelemvor
>> No. 11872 edit
>Escalation
orz
>> No. 11873 edit
I'm just waiting to see what Suree does. Daijoub Piece will still join ure group.
>> No. 11874 edit
o sry i was half dead
>> No. 11877 edit
File 129607279412.jpg - (108.39KB , 640x480 , sakutarou_gununu.jpg )
11877
I hope you people are happy now.
>> No. 11879 edit
>>11874
>>11877
Thx ne now I can swap her out for someone whose personality better fits the party. Playing a xenophobic being who has buried her friends once every century is fun, but the Sun Elves are too isolationist and arrogant to serve well in a party that is open and accepting to everyone.
>> No. 11880 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
11880
Goodbye Sariel, we'll miss you even if you were a little grumpy and hated us all.
>> No. 11884 edit
k thx bai
>> No. 11885 edit
I wonder if, since Samel is a Ritual Caster, I should swap out my Ritual Caster feat now. I can grab Wild Talent Master for Sensing Eye. :DDD
>> No. 11886 edit
File 129988119241.png - (3.96KB , 175x169 , sakutarou_hehg.png )
11886
>>11885
That you could.
>> No. 11887 edit
>>11886
Yah, Piece can take care of Arcane rituals and Samel can do Divine rituals, and no one gives a damn about Nature rituals. Then I can grab Wild Talent Master and be awesome. Maybe Far Hearing, Sensing Eye and Mental Projection...
>> No. 11889 edit
>>11887
Actually, what are you playing now then?
>> No. 11890 edit
>>11889
See sheet.
>> No. 11892 edit
Mages don't automatically have Ritual Caster, unless there's been a houseruling.
>> No. 11893 edit
>>11892
I forgot.
>> No. 11894 edit
>>11893
Actually I think beside Enchant/Disenchant we've never needed to use any Arcane rituals. I think we're only saving money when we upgrade stuff from +1 to +2 that we save money, etc.
>> No. 11899 edit
File 130161923579.jpg - (206.94KB , 550x660 , 265a17aa2bd6a6d42f7f2f1968cc01a3.jpg )
11899
Seems there's a bit of confusion about Yalko, and he is assumed to have walked off. I dunno if he has or not but anyways, just play it out how you guys like~
>> No. 11900 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
11900
>>11899
Well it looked as if he leaved, you said he wasn't there, and it might have passed some time while we were returning.
>> No. 11901 edit
File 136498020744.jpg - (90.81KB , 620x700 , 7d7166296a30cc267ee696fe4ee090ba562768b6.jpg )
11901
I didn't intend to have him leave in the last post I made, even though he was getting ready to. I would have had him to try to talk to Myn while the rest were away, had Joji posted.
>> No. 11902 edit
>>11901
ok then say hi again or something
>> No. 11903 edit
File 135585043914.jpg - (245.04KB , 470x683 , 76b56f8274acf929511d4685d395900a579b3110.jpg )
11903
>>11901
You'll have to harass Jyoji to get him to post in my experience~

Though I don't mind if you guys wanna have a quick conversation "while they're away," in retcon-time.
>> No. 11905 edit
is that a bird or something
>> No. 11906 edit
File 136498154752.jpg - (99.71KB , 1280x720 , karasu9.jpg )
11906
>>11905
>> No. 11908 edit
>>11899
Oh my bad about that
>> No. 11910 edit
>>11901
Yeah I told Fat to post multiple times but he's refused.
>> No. 11913 edit
Thx 4 post Tomo-chan.
>> No. 11917 edit
Rin said it's OK to swap things around a bit for new char, so I'm swapping Orbs for Staves (Orb is swapped to a Magic Staff +2, so I can still get it enchanted if Samel ever picks up Arcana) and Ritual Caster for Wild Talent Mastery (Sensing Eye, Mental Projection and Far Hearing all give excellent utility). Staves mostly for flavour reasons, and Ritual Caster because I'm not sure it's worth a feat slot when Samel can cast the most important ritual already. (Comrade's Succor)

Drawback: No longer can upgrade items through Enchant Magic Item, but we might be able to just pay a ritual caster to do it, or gg suck it, absorb the extra cost.

Idly, I could grab Student of Artifice over Arcane Initiate, swapping a wizard at-will as encounter power for one use of the artificer's infusion. As a bonus, turn into a Warforged at Paragon tier... or let Piece use any arcane at-will power whenever I grant him an attack.

Also idly, I could grab Discipline Talent instead, swapping a wizard at-will for psion at-will (non-augmentable), and Arcana for Insight. I can also become a Thrallherd and own a mindraped slave.

Otherwise, Arcane Initiate gets me access to some wizard paragon paths. I'm not taking Infernal Strategist, because none of its features work for me except the second commanding presence. That's not worth hosing myself on.

Wat u gaiz tink?
>> No. 11918 edit
>>11917
Spell Commander is the strongest.
>> No. 11919 edit
>>11918
But I can already make him magic missile.
>> No. 11921 edit
File 136512679075.png - (99.09KB , 324x1361 , Infernal Strategist.png )
11921
>>11917

>Felling Action
It does work, but the opportunity cost of what you can do yourself with an action point and whether the ally's missed power was crucial or not may affect how useful this is.

>Infernal Pincer
The high int mod makes this good. Remember that the damage bonus goes to the flanking ally as well, and if you use your standard action to Commander's Strike or otherwise grant the ally an attack, then you benefit from the feature even on your turn. There are less reasons for a warlord not to be in melee range than for a squishy wizard, especially with Staff Expertise preventing OAs from using ranged/area powers. If you ever take close burst/blast powers, then this becomes even less of an issue.

>Pliable Command
It works, as you mentioned. Also, on top of the second presence's direct benefit, this also qualifies you for feats and power effects from both Commanding Presences.

>Deceiver's Ploy
Deceiver's Ploy is just bad. If you can afford the feat, you should be switching this out with Reserve Maneuver.

>Flexible Authority
This is incredibly good, especially since it stacks with your regular Commanding Presence. Also, unlike the Tactical Presence it is based on, it allows the attack roll bonus to apply to every attack roll of the action, rather than just one. You also have a ranger in the party.

>Smite of Devil's Luck
It doesn't work on its own, but unlike Deceiver's Ploy, this power is almost certainly worth using with Bracers of Mental Might. Staff Expertise gives you the weapon feat bonus, so with the bracers, accuracy shouldn't be an issue.

Strictly considering only mechanical benefits, Infernal Strategist should overshadow most other options. Legitimate reasons to not take it may be flavor or mismatch with a character concept, but certainly not because its features don't work.

Also.

>Player's Handbook, page 200
>Ritual Caster
>Prerequisite: Trained in Arcana or Religion
>Benefit: You can master and perform rituals of your level or lower. See Chapter 10 for information on acquiring, mastering, and performing rituals. Even though some rituals use the Heal skill or the Nature skill, the Arcana skill or the Religion skill is required to understand how to perform rituals.

>Player's Handbook, page 298
>You must meet two requirements to master a ritual. You must have the Ritual Caster feat (clerics and wizards get this feat at 1st level), and your level must equal or exceed the ritual’s level. If you meet those requirements and spend 8 hours studying a ritual, you can add it to your list of mastered rituals. As long as you have the ritual’s book handy, you can perform a mastered ritual whenever you want.

Was the assumption that the ritual caster needs Arcana training to cast arcane rituals?
>> No. 11922 edit
>>11921
I somehow think that was the case, yes; Need the correct key skill trained to be able to cast that ritual.

If not, then no reason whatsoever for me to have Ritual Caster. '3'

I thought the STR-based powers won't work for me much when I could grab INT-based paragon paths that empower me. If Infernal Strategist is workable (I don't think I can afford Reserve Manoeuvre) I may just pick that, considering it's rated Gold by CharOp. Not sure what the great benefit is of having two commanding presences when people can only benefit from one anyway, what would I even do with it.


Also
>Flavour mentions Malachi
>> No. 11923 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
11923
>>11922
The main benefit is being able to choose powers that benefit from the riders of your second commanding presence (also feats that use it as a prerequisite).
>> No. 11924 edit
>>11922
Well looks like I can afford Infernal Strategist if I change some things around, because I can grab Reserve Manoeuvre then to swap out the useless level 11 power, and Tactical Presence gives allies a +Int mod damage bonus on AP actions... which I think is on top of Resourceful's bonus, for pretty much Everyone Is A Striker damage on using an AP. That seems like a pretty decent deal etc.
>> No. 11925 edit
Go hybrid artificer and make the Killswitch build.
>> No. 11926 edit
File 129556016030.jpg - (149.45KB , 520x650 , 2c56fd365d68cde9c3aca3613201a588.jpg )
11926
>>11925
You're doing that thing again where you want everyone else's character to help your character shine.
>> No. 11927 edit
>>11926
Pretty sure that build only makes characters who are good at the the murdering of things shine.
>> No. 11929 edit
>>11926
I'll just keep it to retraining Ritual Caster and swapping to staves, don't worry I'll not take too many liberties. :-)
>> No. 11932 edit
File 130294168698.gif - (188.48KB , 539x765 , 1223507178004.gif )
11932
>>11929
Changing MC is fine. I'm fine with anything you can do via retraining.
>> No. 11933 edit
>>11932
Ooooh. Okay.
>> No. 11934 edit
Sheet finalised.

Using staves now and became an artificer. Feat support gud.
>> No. 11938 edit
Strange. I can't even find the Killswitch build anymore. Oh well, I already built an artificer in /parlor/, don't need to build another one that uses staff fighting or whatever.

Anyway, artificer good MC.
>> No. 11939 edit
File 130151002729.jpg - (123.91KB , 305x457 , 4e45f76a56ff62865276fa6d8a0eab41.jpg )
11939
If you want to go purchase a spyglass or something that's fine. It'd probably be like 10gp at most.
>> No. 11941 edit
I'll post when it seems legit.
>> No. 11945 edit
I still have some residium you know
>> No. 11946 edit
File 136533360778.png - (16.02KB , 79x114 , goa.png )
11946
I'd say they were inside Sureiya looking into the sky made it look like they were not.
>> No. 11948 edit
>>11946
lewd
>> No. 11950 edit
File 136534034537.png - (15.98KB , 79x114 , goa2.png )
11950
>>11948
>I'd say they were inside before Sureiya looking into the sky made it look like they were not.
Fixed.
>> No. 11951 edit
Temple with a view.
>> No. 11952 edit
big temple, confus for anon
>> No. 11954 edit
To make this faster, I would be okay if you make Sureiya is already on the market after you post. The rest should say if they are doing anything while Sureiya shops, if possible.
>> No. 11957 edit
File 130320172546.png - (121.33KB , 700x700 , 13030761057.png )
11957
Where sariel2?
>> No. 11959 edit
>>11957
ded
>> No. 11961 edit
>>11960
All your at-wills are prepared.
>> No. 11962 edit
File 136542394670.png - (69.15KB , 317x363 , battlerwat.png )
11962
>>11961
Oh. Well, that's useful.
>> No. 11965 edit
File 130151750575.jpg - (215.89KB , 450x703 , 548b566005cf17c876286018c1a5e459.jpg )
11965
Obviously Sureiya would need to go outside to look up into the sky. If you guys want to continue to hang around the temple I'm not going to stop you, but you should probably go outside at some point~
>> No. 11968 edit
Absolutely. Sariel left without her griffon. Seems legit.
>> No. 11969 edit
>>11968
Technically it belongs to Balder's Gate...
>> No. 11970 edit
File 136551771087.png - (101.72KB , 341x373 , Battlerne8.png )
11970
Well if she did take the griffon, all it means is that Sureiya was mistaken.
>> No. 11971 edit
>>11969
A valid point, if Sariel were concerned about the opinions of those who reside in Baldur's Gate.

Though of course, this all assumes she'd venture out by herself anyway.
>> No. 11972 edit
>>11971
Wouldn't that make her a criminal for stealing the griffon?
>> No. 11973 edit
>>11972
Technically, the griffons were procured "for the party".
>> No. 11977 edit
Totes gonna wait a bit for something to happen aeuhaeuheauhea.
>> No. 11978 edit
>>11977
Should we get into the griffons then?
>> No. 11979 edit
>>11978
Approach + die ok
>> No. 11980 edit
>>11979
wat
>> No. 11981 edit
>>11980
just aproch grifon ok
>> No. 11984 edit
words.png
>> No. 11985 edit
sureiya isn't the kind to talk that much, torinn go talk ok
>> No. 11994 edit
Huh sariel2 didn't mention anything about his intentions. It would be more convenient just to ignore the situation and continue but welp.
>> No. 11995 edit
>>11994
Depends on how hard Sureiya's going to press for proof that they want to see the earthmote.
>> No. 11996 edit
>>11995
Not very hard, I guess. But can't lower his guard that much. Piece was ok because Myn bff.
>> No. 11999 edit
File 130151002729.jpg - (123.91KB , 305x457 , 4e45f76a56ff62865276fa6d8a0eab41.jpg )
11999
Off to the wild blue yonder then~?
>> No. 12000 edit
>>11999
ya sure
>> No. 12003 edit
File 129695315927.png - (76.86KB , 224x401 , BUP_0429.png )
12003
Well I was hoping for more posts, but if there's nothing up tonight I'll just move on.
>> No. 12005 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
12005
>>12003
sry i have been a little busy
>> No. 12009 edit
File 129607279412.jpg - (108.39KB , 640x480 , sakutarou_gununu.jpg )
12009
>>12008
see
>>12002
>> No. 12010 edit
File 130336046051.jpg - (1.59MB , 600x8550 , darths0344_bonus.jpg )
12010
>>12009
Oh welp, posting again.
>> No. 12012 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
12012
Since it's still unclear who out of Aghanim and Yalko is piloting, I'll let you decide which is which, Lili.
>> No. 12013 edit
Yalko can pilot.
>> No. 12014 edit
File 129556016030.jpg - (149.45KB , 520x650 , 2c56fd365d68cde9c3aca3613201a588.jpg )
12014
In the event of InvisibleCastle failure, switching to orokos is recommended. In fact with all the new members we should all really move over to Orokos anyway, its dice roller is more 4E-friendly as is.
>> No. 12023 edit
File 136551771087.png - (101.72KB , 341x373 , Battlerne8.png )
12023
So Yalko isn't close enough / Sureiya isn't talking loud enough for him to hear?
>> No. 12024 edit
>>12023
Let's assume he is, Sureiya's trying to shout as loud as possible.
>> No. 12025 edit
File 13647175264.png - (102.24KB , 341x373 , Battlerne14.png )
12025
>>12024
In that case can Yalko make a knowledge check based on him hearing that they seem to be Archons, or does it not work that way?
>> No. 12026 edit
>>12025
I think your actual check on the Archons should suffice once you can see them from close. Rin said even if my roll was okayish we were too far away to understand any of their abilities.
>> No. 12027 edit
File 136613974388.png - (52.42KB , 245x334 , battlerc.png )
12027
>>12026
I see. Very well.
>> No. 12028 edit
Huh, it seems Astaroth won't post until today later, so if anyone else wanna add something it can be done now.
>> No. 12031 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
12031
The sun is behind you, to the west, given that it is later afternoon-early evening-ish, and you are headed southeast.
>> No. 12032 edit
File 135472122333.png - (18.86KB , 200x200 , blank look.png )
12032
>>12031
Not even partial concealment, huh?
>> No. 12033 edit
File 130161923579.jpg - (206.94KB , 550x660 , 265a17aa2bd6a6d42f7f2f1968cc01a3.jpg )
12033
>>12032
It wouldn't make sense, the reason it's hard for humans to stare into bright light is because it's painful, right? But archons don't have "eyes," nor sensory organs for pain. They wouldn't have any problem looking directly at the sun. If anything your outline on a such a bright surface should make you all the easier to see.
>> No. 12034 edit
>>12033
Fair enough. What are the chances, then, that they would look directly above themselves?
>> No. 12035 edit
File 136026397775.jpg - (26.96KB , 392x444 , murder2.jpg )
12035
>>12034
I say we sacrifice one of the newcomers and the rest go to cave.
No but seriously, maybe if we could taint them to us while we prepare readied actions?
>> No. 12036 edit
File 130282522465.jpg - (85.82KB , 480x640 , 3b291c1120483ff5c6fd0729021a7d36.jpg )
12036
>>12034
Look directly above themselves? If they were provoked into doing so? I don't really know what you mean.
>> No. 12037 edit
File 129788612424.png - (38.88KB , 208x207 , bobblehead.png )
12037
>>12036
I mean what're the odds of sneaking up on them from directly above?
>> No. 12038 edit
File 129556016030.jpg - (149.45KB , 520x650 , 2c56fd365d68cde9c3aca3613201a588.jpg )
12038
>>12037
You're asking how to try and use the environment of a creature of elemental air against it. These things live in three dimensions, it's probably safe to assume they think in three dimensions much more aptly than you.
>> No. 12039 edit
File 129824293895.jpg - (101.33KB , 600x600 , am i in trouble.jpg )
12039
>>12038
Geez, sorry I asked.
>> No. 12041 edit
File 130151002729.jpg - (123.91KB , 305x457 , 4e45f76a56ff62865276fa6d8a0eab41.jpg )
12041
>>12039
I wasn't trying to be harsh, simply saying perhaps you should try a different approach if you wanted to think of a way to turn the situation to your advantage.
>> No. 12043 edit
File 130160276450.jpg - (33.77KB , 480x600 , 532f7d2c516c43766483fd16e0a61b7a.jpg )
12043
So you're just charging in? Is everyone on board with that? It'd be nice to get some posts from the less active individuals.
>> No. 12044 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
12044
Wait, from what you said it looked as if there was a chance to get in without confronting the Archons, is that incorrect?
>> No. 12045 edit
File 129489019938.jpg - (110.29KB , 500x708 , e1486887c9370049fd6ab130cb4e810e.jpg )
12045
>>12044
Did I say that? Where did I say that? If you approach you are likely to be seen. You could try to get in quickly, but they are moving pretty fast...
>> No. 12046 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
12046
Can the griffons fit into the tunnels?
>> No. 12047 edit
>>12043
I figured we could try to sneak by them, but that's it.
>> No. 12048 edit
File 12961055555.jpg - (62.73KB , 430x575 , 5486f472f6c137bda2e507e425537b26.jpg )
12048
>>12047
Anon's plan of letting them come to you wasn't bad, though abandoned pretty fast...

>>12046
They do look big enough for that, yes. There are tunnels of varying size but even the smallest ones should be able to fit a griffon.
>> No. 12049 edit
>>12048
What, have them fly over to where we are?
>> No. 12050 edit
File 136622873349.png - (40.60KB , 227x293 , battler10.png )
12050
>>12048
What if Yalko and Aghanim rounded them up and distracted them, with the others going into a tunnel? Then they could fly not far from the tunnel, and teleport themselves inside.
>> No. 12051 edit
>>12050
Teleport doesn't affect mounts unless specifically stated otherwise.
>> No. 12052 edit
File 136475889426.png - (63.86KB , 374x378 , battler8.png )
12052
>>12051
I wasn't intending to teleport the mount.
>> No. 12053 edit
>>12052
Yalko can't teleport, though.
>> No. 12054 edit
File 136472905034.png - (78.54KB , 220x352 , battler7.png )
12054
>>12053
Yes he can. He can send his faerie dragonling to another griffon before executing the plan, and then use familiar's call.

Last edited at 13/04/17(Wed)13:07
>> No. 12056 edit
File 133236100769.png - (502.15KB , 850x900 , hmm.png )
12056
>>12054
It does have a range limit of 20 squares away from you. And then Aghanim can only teleport up to 5 squares with Fey Step. So you'd have to be by yourself and still have line of effect to your familiar.
>> No. 12057 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
12057
>>12056
Does that mean I need to be able to see the location 20 squares away, or just be in distance?

Last edited at 13/04/17(Wed)13:24
>> No. 12061 edit
>>12057
Seeing is best, though line of effect requires no blocking terrain (such as a big rock or the ground) in your way.
>> No. 12062 edit
File 136623225834.gif - (5.12KB , 134x156 , 1278216490953.gif )
12062
>>12061
It shouldn't be much of a problem as long as Yalko flies near the tunnel entrance, right?
>> No. 12064 edit
>>12062
Right.
>> No. 12065 edit
File 136623364514.jpg - (50.66KB , 960x540 , 1251910308642.jpg )
12065
>>12064
How feasible would it be to make a stealth check with chameleon's mask to make it look like nobody was riding the griffon in the first place?
>> No. 12066 edit
File 133075169167.png - (78.22KB , 173x265 , yayoi.png )
12066
We could also send a griffon in by itself to be the distraction, if all of them are capable of carrying two anyway.

Presuming it's able to follow that kind of command without a rider.
>> No. 12067 edit
>>12066
Yes, you can do that.
>> No. 12068 edit
File 136623486566.jpg - (34.04KB , 960x540 , 1261326081741.jpg )
12068
>>12067
Then if we want to get by them, that's a better plan than riding it in.
>> No. 12069 edit
>>12068
Yah, send it back to town using its overland speed and they prolly won't catch it.
>> No. 12070 edit
File 13164543299.jpg - (78.11KB , 580x450 , 30cfbc1ed69494600e966e06946b5eb9.jpg )
12070
I should like to point out, however, that if this fails, you'll be down a griffon.
>> No. 12071 edit
File 136623987648.jpg - (46.79KB , 300x360 , 1251258344645.jpg )
12071
>>12070
Better down a griffon than down a party, right?

Though perhaps it would be good to ride the griffon to give it some form of protection.
>> No. 12072 edit
File 129556016030.jpg - (149.45KB , 520x650 , 2c56fd365d68cde9c3aca3613201a588.jpg )
12072
>>12071
I mean, if they see you, you'll have to fight them without that griffon and you won't have a way to get it back~

Also, as I read it, chameleon's mask doesn't actually allow you to make a stealth check in a situation where you couldn't normally make a stealth check. So you need cover/concealment, and if you lose it then hiding fails.
>> No. 12073 edit
File 136624057967.png - (45.75KB , 234x166 , 13426073371.png )
12073
>>12072
Even though the description says it makes you nearly invisible?

Well, in that case, riding the griffon could still provide a safety net. If Yalko notices that the archons have spotted the other party members before they make it to the tunnel, they can engage them in the air, and keep the griffon.
>> No. 12076 edit
I strongly suggest Torinn to go with him because of aura and stuff. I would offer myself, but Sureiya always get beaten to death.
>> No. 12081 edit
File 129645156878.jpg - (45.15KB , 360x514 , 29f9aadd32f899c2fe25c19fb39fed12.jpg )
12081
Can you guys repeat this plan in detail so I understand what's going on? Please remember that you'll need to be within 20 squares to use familiar's call.
>> No. 12083 edit
File 136475797439.png - (20.26KB , 156x284 , reaction.png )
12083
>>12081
Well for now, Aghanim is going to switch mounts, and may take Yalko's familiar with him.
>> No. 12085 edit
File 136542394670.png - (69.15KB , 317x363 , battlerwat.png )
12085
>>12084
What about the familiar?
>> No. 12086 edit
File 131760978037.png - (38.58KB , 151x204 , flip.png )
12086
>>12085
Well, Fey Step won't teleport other creatures with the user, but it does teleport objects on the user's person. What a familiar should be categorized as is rather unclear.

Still, since the Faerie Dragonling can fly, the plan should be unaffected anyway.
>> No. 12087 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
12087
>>12086
Considering familiars can be in one's pocket, I think they could be considered objects.
>> No. 12088 edit
File 129457034059.png - (8.75KB , 107x107 , hi.png )
12088
>>12087
That's called the familiar's Passive Mode, and only applies to the master. Besides that, lots of creatures can fit in pockets.
>> No. 12089 edit
File 136622873349.png - (40.60KB , 227x293 , battler10.png )
12089
>>12088
You mean someone can't have a familiar in their pocket if they're not the master?
>> No. 12090 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
12090
>>12089
They can, but the familiar would still be in Active Mode; it would just be sharing the space with the person. They would still be treated as two different creatures(?).
>> No. 12091 edit
>>12086
So if a parasite infected me I just have to Fey Step.
>> No. 12092 edit
File 136640686298.png - (431.56KB , 390x556 , familiar modes - Arcane Power page 137.png )
12092
>>12091
It would be treated as a disease or some other status effect, imo.
>> No. 12093 edit
File 136640711743.png - (88.42KB , 177x294 , Battlene10.png )
12093
>>12092
>a familiar can't move more than 20 squares away from you
>> No. 12094 edit
File 131120665080.png - (6.08KB , 35x45 , cut2.png )
12094
>>12093
The familiar can't move away past 20 squares, but the familiar can be moved away and the master can move away, which can temporarily increase the distance beyond the limit. The familiar would still teleport back at the end of the master's turn, but the distance can even be widened outside the master's turn, allowing for a full turn of actions with the familiar beyond its usual range.

In terms of Familiar's Call, this is irrelevant, since the power only allows 20 squares of teleportation anyway.
>> No. 12095 edit
File 136640745915.png - (101.38KB , 341x373 , Battlerne9.png )
12095
>>12094
How would a turn be classified outside of combat?
>> No. 12096 edit
File 132978231090.png - (18.86KB , 158x118 , b2.png )
12096
>>12095
It would be the usual set of actions, but since there's no initiative, the party should be able to take turns in any order.
>> No. 12097 edit
File 136475889426.png - (63.86KB , 374x378 , battler8.png )
12097
Can we get a map for this encounter, Rin?
>> No. 12098 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
12098
>>12097
It... would be highly impractical, given the distances involved currently. You've got to be more than 80 squares (~400 feet) away from the island and the archons (which seem to be sticking fairly close to the earthmote, within 20 squares/100 feet). I can try to whip something up tomorrow though.

If you get within 20 squares of the earthmote you will certainly be spotted. It's highly likely you will be spotted well before then, unless you are able to conceal yourselves somehow. Heck, for all you know they may have already spotted you, though they've made no visible reaction. At this distance you can barely make out vaguely-humanoid shapes, the only reason Sureiya was able to identify them as archons was because of the spyglass.
>> No. 12099 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
12099
>>12098
I see. Well, I thought as much.
>> No. 12101 edit
Wait a second, Should Sureiya still guide the group or is it hopeless?
>> No. 12103 edit
File 130124002683.jpg - (400.70KB , 1024x768 , 61ef74aff78071794f6198d7cea5a9fe.jpg )
12103
>>12101
I don't know, I'm still not sure exactly what your plan is.

Is it to use Torinn to try and distract them while the rest of the group runs for the tunnels? He'd have to lead them far, far away for that to have much chance... and Torinn's chances of making it back would be pretty slim.

I mean, unless you're assuming these creatures have no disabling and/or ranged attacks. Which would be a huge assumption. Which I will not comment on.
>> No. 12104 edit
File 136648336572.jpg - (292.34KB , 1141x1148 , 134138699942.jpg )
12104
Looking at that map really makes me think we stand no chance to sneak in. Should we really try it?
>> No. 12105 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
12105
>>12101
>>12103
There is no plan.

The plan is unworkable so I gave it up, Yalko has an int of 20 so he gave it up, giving the excuse that he was pretending to have an idea to trick someone into taking Aghanim off his hands.

>>12104
We can't sneak in, but we may be able to still make for the tunnels and lure them into them slowly once combat begins.
>> No. 12106 edit
>>12105
Even if boring, I would suggest trying to get into a good battle formation and simply fight those Archons.
>> No. 12107 edit
File 136649590153.png - (118.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne15.png )
12107
>>12106
That sounds like our best bet.
>> No. 12110 edit
Alright, so how will this work? Once we are on a certain distance will we roll initiative?
>> No. 12111 edit
File 130151002729.jpg - (123.91KB , 305x457 , 4e45f76a56ff62865276fa6d8a0eab41.jpg )
12111
Expect a big combat update tonight. I'd do it now but I think I need a nap first.
>> No. 12112 edit
>>12111
rest well
>> No. 12115 edit
File 136640745915.png - (101.38KB , 341x373 , Battlerne9.png )
12115
So what's happening with Yalko's faerie dragonling? I was going to have him put it back in passive mode since the plan was abandoned, but it looks like I was too late for that.
>> No. 12116 edit
File 136472905034.png - (78.54KB , 220x352 , battler7.png )
12116
>>12115
Actually, I see it there in the map on Yalko. So it's in passive mode?
>> No. 12117 edit
File 13666312795.jpg - (41.76KB , 576x410 , Bonk.jpg )
12117
>>12116
I forgot about putting it on stats, so it's where you want it to be. You could've put it back into passive before the battle started if you wanted to.
>> No. 12118 edit
I'd like to use my feat, Imaginative Reaction, to take -4 to Initiative. I'd like to give Torinn a +4 to Initiative, and a whopping +6 to Sureiya. :-)
>> No. 12119 edit
File 135813307972.jpg - (183.24KB , 400x568 , 20 on Perception.jpg )
12119
>>12118
Okay. Yalko still goes first since he has a higher initiative mod (+11 vs +10). Though he could delay if he wanted Torinn to go first.
>> No. 12120 edit
File 130052470041.png - (38.97KB , 138x186 , sip.png )
12120
>>12114
The archons should be visible by now, right.

>>12020
>>12021
>>12026
>> No. 12121 edit
File 13606688282.jpg - (392.94KB , 700x909 , Bumper to Bumper.jpg )
12121
>>12120
I think anon misunderstood what I said. You need to make new rolls now that you can see them clearly.
>> No. 12122 edit
>>12121
I don't think Sureiya's mom ever told him a lot about their powers, then.
>>12118
That's pretty nice, thanks. Also, now that I have 5 out-of-turn/free-action encounter powers I should be able to deal some more pain.
>> No. 12124 edit
File 136622873349.png - (40.60KB , 227x293 , battler10.png )
12124
Okay, I'll delay.

Last edited at 13/04/22(Mon)15:16
>> No. 12129 edit
File 136542394670.png - (69.15KB , 317x363 , battlerwat.png )
12129
Oops, I missed that thing saying there are two separate arcana checks, one for each archon type.

What do I do with my one roll?
>> No. 12134 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
12134
Due to circumstances, I'll be hopefully temporarily controlling Samel.
>> No. 12137 edit
File 129788612424.png - (38.88KB , 208x207 , bobblehead.png )
12137
Oh, that's right, wind/air elementals are lurkers that can go invisible when they're not adjacent.

Last edited at 13/04/23(Tue)13:41
>> No. 12140 edit
File 136596309956.png - (45.54KB , 234x280 , kanon_derp_gogo.png )
12140
How come Samel is wounded now as well?
>> No. 12141 edit
File 129556016030.jpg - (149.45KB , 520x650 , 2c56fd365d68cde9c3aca3613201a588.jpg )
12141
>>12140
Chain lightning targeted Torinn, Aghanim, and Samel.
>> No. 12144 edit
We really need to turn this situation around and make sure at least one enemy never gets another turn.
>> No. 12145 edit
>>12144
I can focus fire one of them, which one should it be?
>> No. 12146 edit
>>12145
Probably the one threatening Yalko right now.
>> No. 12147 edit
Can I hit all archons with a close burst 2, and what happens if I knock them prone?

Also can I use Warning to prevent damage to torinn or griffon

Edit: Also, Chain Lightning is a ranged attack, right? I have resist 2 against all ranged and area attacks.
Also applies against area so grasp of storms if it is an area attack also loses 2 damage against me. :3

Last edited at 13/04/24(Wed)01:12
>> No. 12148 edit
File 130163327316.jpg - (51.66KB , 395x550 , 44cc8475339c6f810d0c74ea6b05e6b1.jpg )
12148
>>12147
A close burst 2 would hit the three near Torinn, not the one at elevation 18 though.

You're not sure what would happen if you knocked them prone. Normally that causes creatures to crash, but no one's succeeded at learning their powers via an arcana check.
>> No. 12149 edit
>>12148
http://orokos.com/roll/108000 Knowledge pls.

Also, what about warning and the damage reduction?
>> No. 12150 edit
File 129556016030.jpg - (149.45KB , 520x650 , 2c56fd365d68cde9c3aca3613201a588.jpg )
12150
>>12147
Attack rolls were too high for powerful warning to provide an adequate shield (most of the attacks were vs reflex, it's a minor miracle both the chain lightning and grasp of storms missed Torinn). I'll take the damage reduction into account on the next update, but since Torinn used righteous shield to prevent all of the damage from the chain lightning it's only 2.
>> No. 12153 edit
>>12150
They used another attack on me as well right?
>> No. 12154 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
12154
>>12153
I see grasp of storms and chain lightning.
>> No. 12155 edit
Thought you didn't take grasp of storms into account.
>> No. 12157 edit
File 129617863455.jpg - (157.58KB , 420x709 , 3309dc50354a5c06c74fb6b4e717730a.jpg )
12157
>>12155
I hadn't, but I will as of next update.
>> No. 12160 edit
Okay, so only one fettering glare use per usage of the power.

Still, double crits.
>> No. 12161 edit
>>12159
You only get it once, and you already used it to Crit. I'd say Fettering's effect has been plenty useful here.
>> No. 12163 edit
File 136691578210.png - (22.50KB , 128x128 , agha.png )
12163
>> No. 12164 edit
Suggestion : Yalko shifts back, then uses Charm of the Defender on Lesser Wind Archon 1 at I-43, then slides it to M-44 so it can really harm its allies and sit out its turn unable to attack anyone.
>> No. 12169 edit
Not ending my turn yet, gotta see if those two are already dead first.
>> No. 12171 edit
File 136698986728.png - (148.71KB , 900x557 , 1284064390563.png )
12171
Actually, I should have checked their turns in the initiative first, now Yalko's charm of the defender won't do much. Sorry.
>> No. 12172 edit
>>12171
It's immobilized. On a lurker, that counts for a lot.
>> No. 12175 edit
File 129930994422.png - (32.63KB , 200x200 , unlimitedsadworks.png )
12175
>Sureiya doesn't resemble a medium-sized silver orc dragon while he crits and do awesome stuff.
>> No. 12176 edit
File 129607279412.jpg - (108.39KB , 640x480 , sakutarou_gununu.jpg )
12176
>>12175
Why would you be possessed by Bahamut? Get your own god.
>> No. 12177 edit
File 136703533196.png - (97.55KB , 503x312 , 9007613.png )
12177
>>12176
Precisely what a virtuous paladin would say.
>> No. 12178 edit
File 136704713924.jpg - (68.81KB , 200x162 , 1262363928571.jpg )
12178
>>12174
Where'd the image go?
>> No. 12179 edit
File 136542394670.png - (69.15KB , 317x363 , battlerwat.png )
12179
I see, if you edit the same image into a post and no other posts are using the image, the image will be deleted. I overlooked the possibility of doing that.

Is that what happened?

If so, you can post the same image somewhere else in limbo (like here) and it will appear.

Last edited at 13/04/27(Sat)01:58
>> No. 12180 edit
File 136640711743.png - (88.42KB , 177x294 , Battlene10.png )
12180
And it's fixed. I'm sorry about that, if that's indeed how it happened. You'll still need to edit in the image.
>> No. 12181 edit
>>12176
>>12177
Where's my Silver Orc Dragon god?
>> No. 12185 edit
>>12177
>>12181
Just saying that Sureiya doesn't seem like the Bahamut following type.
>> No. 12186 edit
File 129620679514.png - (13.95KB , 217x157 , kanonheh.png )
12186
>>12185
He follows not deity at all
>> No. 12187 edit
File 129988119241.png - (3.96KB , 175x169 , sakutarou_hehg.png )
12187
>>12186
Which is why Sureiya doesn't resemble a medium-sized silver orc dragon while he crits and does awesome stuff
>> No. 12188 edit
>>12187
>silver orc dragon
you know that was supposed to be the joke
>> No. 12196 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
12196
By the way, by the map Lesser Lightning Archon 2 is at U-46, but by the post it's U-45.

Last edited at 13/04/29(Mon)20:26
>> No. 12197 edit
If you can't hear Yalko muttering, does his voice still exist?
>> No. 12199 edit
File 136729160521.png - (58.74KB , 198x270 , battler9.png )
12199
>>12197
While maybe nobody in-character heard it, we as beings from a higher realm know that he did in fact mutter.

Last edited at 13/04/29(Mon)20:18
>> No. 12200 edit
File 129826350079.png - (16.76KB , 125x101 , 1263583939682_0_ib4f.png )
12200
>>12199
>I thought dazing prevented creatures from making standard actions

>>12189
George just jump off your griffon with your next action.

Last edited at 13/04/29(Mon)20:43
>> No. 12201 edit
>>12200
We wouldn't have this problem with a Vestige'lock. They can attack and curse-spread with the same at-will power. But in that order only.
>>12199
I think that used to be the case in earlier editions?
>> No. 12202 edit
File 136729707539.png - (46.25KB , 189x321 , battlerb.png )
12202
>>12201
It looks like it was the case in 3.5e, maybe.
>> No. 12203 edit
File 136542394670.png - (69.15KB , 317x363 , battlerwat.png )
12203
>>12201
Strikeout isn't working?

Last edited at 13/04/29(Mon)21:55
>> No. 12207 edit
>Holding minor action and furious assault unless it dies at -90
Holding minor action and furious assault if* it dies at -90
>> No. 12208 edit
>Provoke OA like a newbie
Why?
>> No. 12209 edit
>>12208
My AC against an OA would be 27, which is rather decent. Less likely to receive damage from it than allowing that Archon to have another turn. I could have technically shifted + charge, but that would most likely need Myn to finish it off.
>> No. 12210 edit
File 130294168698.gif - (188.48KB , 539x765 , 1223507178004.gif )
12210
30 damage does destroy the archon, but you're going to take 9 damage from the opportunity attack that hits you on the way over.
>> No. 12211 edit
Alright, I end my turn then.
>> No. 12217 edit
Aghanim so useful. Commander's Strike the strongest etc.
>> No. 12222 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
12222
Seriously now I kinda wanna watch Nichijou just to see piece's character.
>> No. 12223 edit
>>12222
I can stream it tomorrow maybe. Or sometime in the near future.
>> No. 12224 edit
>>12223
Streaming would be good, but we rarely are online at the same hours.
>> No. 12228 edit
File 129620679514.png - (13.95KB , 217x157 , kanonheh.png )
12228
Seriously, using four encounter powers on the same turn. It was worth it, though.

Actually, it could have been five had I used lashing leaves instead...

Last edited at 13/05/04(Sat)17:48
>> No. 12230 edit
You added +6 damage from Adaptive Stratagem, right, Anon?
>> No. 12233 edit
>>12230
Yeah, I did. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited at 13/05/05(Sun)01:36
>> No. 12241 edit
I actually like how for this fight, I could play lazylord.
>> No. 12242 edit
>>12241
It was rather effective.
>> No. 12248 edit
File 129464961298.png - (77.98KB , 224x401 , BUP_0415.png )
12248
Wow, the dice were really loaded in the party's favor this encounter~
>> No. 12249 edit
Anyway I still had disruptive strike.
>> No. 12257 edit
commander's strike more like
critical strike
amirite
>> No. 12268 edit
Can I set my Miner's Helmet on my griffon? I bet he would look flashy with it.
>> No. 12274 edit
super long day post tomorrow
>> No. 12276 edit
File 136729160521.png - (58.74KB , 198x270 , battler9.png )
12276
We should take a short rest, right?
>> No. 12277 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
12277
>>12276
yeah
>> No. 12278 edit
>>12276
Yeah, some of us still need to heal a bit.
>> No. 12280 edit
Very well, our HPs right now are the following:

Torinn 54/70 HP
Myn 54/61 HP
Samel 40/59 HP
Sureiya 40/65 HP
Yalko 36/48 HP

Aghanim has full HP, only two griffons are slightly hurt, and the rest are good to go.
Ok, riris only used inspiring word once, so she can use it again.

Last edited at 13/05/19(Sun)13:37
>> No. 12283 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
12283
I was assuming short rests could be taken if the griffons were lead slowly, but I guess that's too involved.
>> No. 12284 edit
File 130151002729.jpg - (123.91KB , 305x457 , 4e45f76a56ff62865276fa6d8a0eab41.jpg )
12284
>>12283
Well, either way if you wanna use the battle standard that'd be impossible.
>> No. 12286 edit
I know Yalko asked it to Sureiya, but I would rather Torinn answer that for him.

Last edited at 13/05/20(Mon)21:57
>> No. 12288 edit
File 136475797439.png - (20.26KB , 156x284 , reaction.png )
12288
So is there a need to spend healing surges? Or can it all be handled by multiple rests and healing abilities?
>> No. 12289 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
12289
>>12288
Healing abilities still require surges to be spent.
>> No. 12290 edit
File 136472905034.png - (78.54KB , 220x352 , battler7.png )
12290
>>12289
Hmm, I see. So Yalko can't be healed without healing surges?
>> No. 12292 edit
>>12290
A few healing powers work without the use of healing surges, however they are not very abundant. There's also regen, but that's kinda rare too.
>> No. 12293 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
12293
>>12292
Voyager's solution: Astral Seal party members and bull rush, ne.
>> No. 12294 edit
File 136919646143.png - (799.68KB , 587x539 , 134139476144.png )
12294
>>12293
>> No. 12295 edit
File 130163327316.jpg - (51.66KB , 395x550 , 44cc8475339c6f810d0c74ea6b05e6b1.jpg )
12295
>>12293
That doesn't work, not a legitimate target as defined by the compendium etc.

>>12290
Some people who are close to full HP may be able to be healed to full or close enough by the battle standard if other people spend surges. The standard heals people for a certain amount for each surge spent in the range.
>> No. 12299 edit
File 130151002729.jpg - (123.91KB , 305x457 , 4e45f76a56ff62865276fa6d8a0eab41.jpg )
12299
Try to get the short rest shennanigans sorted out soon, guys. It's time you met the refugees and started the floating desert island adventure.
>> No. 12302 edit
To finish the short rest, Samel should spend a healing surge and Aghanim should use his last use of inspiring word on Torinn.
>> No. 12305 edit
File 136942045814.png - (231.05KB , 816x632 , bleh.png )
12305
ok ok,I use an healing surge then
>> No. 12332 edit
File 135993143526.png - (45.22KB , 274x181 , pizza.png )
12332
desert setting > not desert
>> No. 12334 edit
mion george riri pls revive
>> No. 12335 edit
File 136981088247.png - (1.23KB , 259x22 , fat.png )
12335
>> No. 12336 edit
>>12335
Voyager: 19 hours and 15 minutes later still no post
Voyager: your gall is impressive
Voyager: is it because I didn't post the next few lines
fat: hi imouto
fat: daijoub I'll post soon ne
Voyager: you must be really busy watching dark souls and monster hunting
Voyager: totally legitimate excuse I understand
fat: correct
>> No. 12351 edit
suddenly, posts
>> No. 12352 edit
>>12351
Couldn't be helped, Rin reminded me Seacats exists.
>> No. 12353 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
12353
Torinn, you can't take 10 in this situation. Roll the dice.
>> No. 12363 edit
File 136471662683.png - (101.57KB , 341x373 , Battlerne17.png )
12363
How large exactly is the tent? Would it be feasible for the griffons to be inside, or would they be outside?
>> No. 12364 edit
File 130163327316.jpg - (51.66KB , 395x550 , 44cc8475339c6f810d0c74ea6b05e6b1.jpg )
12364
>>12363
You'll need to leave the griffons outside.
>> No. 12370 edit
File 130619839991.png - (3.51KB , 56x106 , bern127b.png )
12370
fell cavern

https://mega.co.nz/#!z55iSa5K!B7Fe3ExVdKFVcRHDSGV4Tzmj7G4ASIK0Q1QV7m2zBvo
>> No. 12376 edit
File 130386602757.png - (18.98KB , 200x200 , saku_laugh.png )
12376
>Yo
>dude
>> No. 12379 edit
>>12376
Oh yeah, lately I have been wondering if Sureiya is half-negro.
>> No. 12391 edit
File 130124002683.jpg - (400.70KB , 1024x768 , 61ef74aff78071794f6198d7cea5a9fe.jpg )
12391
Also, don't be silly. Ogremoch is completely unrelated.
>> No. 12402 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
12402
By the way, we're starting a limbo skype group chat to discuss limbo stuff.
>> No. 12470 edit
hey mion, it seems there's something waiting here >>12467
>> No. 12471 edit
File 137235965014.png - (119.98KB , 294x500 , mi.png )
12471
Yeah, i've seen it yesterday.

Are you saying that I should do something about it now?
>> No. 12472 edit
>>12471
I suggest you to ask Rin about it. She mentioned it in limbo skype yesterday.
>> No. 12475 edit
File 129607279412.jpg - (108.39KB , 640x480 , sakutarou_gununu.jpg )
12475
What part of "If disagreements, the TO THE LOCATION I'M SHOUTING bit retroactively comes later" don't you guys get? Is it the 'retroactively' part?
>> No. 12476 edit
File 129746370768.png - (98.42KB , 272x401 , BUP_0445.png )
12476
I was the one who told them to talk it over before leaving~

Now, I'll be posting an update sometime tonight. Expect to be in the desert then~
>> No. 12497 edit
You know what we should have done? We should have sought out some camels for desert travel.
>> No. 12519 edit
File 137382010186.jpg - (68.83KB , 480x360 , i called it.jpg )
12519
>focus fire windrunner
>her cohorts ignore Samel and try to come to her aid
>> No. 12552 edit
Myn and Sureiya spend a healing surge.
Samel use healing word twice on Torinn.
Samel takes a second short rest.
>> No. 12553 edit
>>12552
I agree with this plan.
>> No. 12565 edit
File 137585347090.png - (768.14KB , 1185x424 , Treat Disease - Rules Compendium page 146.png )
12565
>>12564
Are you guys kidding who explained this to Mion

Heal is a Wisdom-based skill like Insight and Perception ok. In your case, I think it's a 1d20+14, but people can Aid Another for another +2 or so.

Last edited at 13/08/06(Tue)22:52:16
>> No. 12566 edit
>>12565
I'm sorry. I wasn't really sure what to do here.

Edit:I will keep asking before posting. That won't happens again.

Last edited at 13/08/06(Tue)23:39:24
>> No. 12580 edit
File 130151002729.jpg - (123.91KB , 305x457 , 4e45f76a56ff62865276fa6d8a0eab41.jpg )
12580
>>12566
That's quite all right, don't worry about it. I just assumed by anon's message that he'd explained it to you, when apparently he didn't~
>> No. 73551 edit
Alright, because of the golem we choose to kill first, and from bern's analysis, the best point to use our damage burst is during the time three or two golems are alive. However, as it seems not all of their abilities cause damage I propose we dispose of the third golem as soon as possible. Still not sure which one to kill first though.
>> No. 73568 edit
File 133214550881.jpg - (96.58KB , 600x618 , moeblob.jpg )
73568
My surge value shouldn't be halved anymore. Since I got healed.
>> No. 73569 edit
File 129602081666.jpg - (98.07KB , 277x500 , 9a611a1cd2d8bd9f7aa08908dbb67fd2.jpg )
73569
>>73568
That's not how it works, the healing stopped you from getting worse but it doesn't undo the effects.
>> No. 73595 edit
File 137831928014.jpg - (94.40KB , 516x729 , 4727172.jpg )
73595
If you guys are resting I need rest details.
>> No. 73605 edit
Links to the surges spent, thanks to bern:

>>12192
Samel 1

>>12194
Torinn 1

>>12205
Torinn 1

>>12245
Aghanim 1

>>12219
Yalko 1

>>12301
Sureiya 1

>>12302
>>12305
Torinn 1
Samel 1

>>12504
Torinn 1

>>12509
Sureiya 1

>>12530
Samel 1

>>12554
>>12555
Sureiya 1
Myn 1
Torinn 2

>>73554
>>73555
Torinn 1

>>73560
Myn 1

>>73570
Torinn 1

>>73600
Samel 1
Myn 1
>> No. 73606 edit
File 137853404471.jpg - (100.23KB , 477x530 , 1340650439710.jpg )
73606
So, the totals are basically the same as Rin counted, just with Myn and Samel's values swapped.

Samel 4/8
Torinn 8/12
Sureiya 3/7
Myn 3/8

That's 17 surges left, with one less from comrade's succor I suggest the next way to divide them:

Torinn: 6 surges
Sureiya: 5 surges
Samel: 3 surges
Myn: 3 surges

In addition, I list the rest of our remaining resources, our unused daily powers:

Sureiya: Jaws of the wolf
Torinn: Chilling smite, Restore vitality,
Samel: Moment of glory, Beacon of hope, Armor of faith, Dwarven armor
Myn: Crowns of stars
>> No. 73716 edit
File 137946440198.gif - (1.92MB , 260x212 , typical PC plan in action.gif )
73716
>>73715
Continued~
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason