[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 136603606177.png - (3.19MB , 1680x1050 , chrono_trigger_magus_schala_zeal_floating_island_j.png )
12006 No. 12006 edit
Using the leyline tracer device Sid invented, it only takes a couple of hours to see something strange on the horizon--tips of earth poking through the cloud cover. Ascending above the layer of clouds gives you a clear, sunny sky, and a massive floating chunk of continent. You can't see all of it from your vantage point, but your best guess would be that this earthmote is the size of several sprawling metropolises. It appears to be nearly flat at the top, strangely--at the very least, the terrain appears moderately populated by hills.

It's actually difficult to make out specifics, however--it seems like there is a gigantic windstorm enveloping the top if the isle. You might be able to see a bit more closer in, but you do spot several small shapes darting around the island. Getting closer would give you a better view, but also possibly get their attention if they are flying creatures.

Vegetation dots the bottom of the isle as well as the top, and there appear to be tunnels carved into the island's underside--which is not protected by the windstorm, like the surface is. It should be possible to fly into one of the tunnels, provided you can get past whatever might be guarding the island's exterior.

One note: a passenger on a griffon cannot use the creature's movement, nor can it make use of its flyby attack. It can however secure itself in the saddle.
Expand all images
>> No. 12011 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
12011
"Hey, I see something over there."
Using the spyglass he bought earlier, Sureiya tries to look at the UFOs.
Perception check: (take ten because invisible castle is dead again, welp).
>> No. 12015 edit
File 136605884577.jpg - (65.47KB , 1280x720 , karasu22.jpg )
12015
The kenku, his hood still fully drawn back and rippling, commands his newly-appropriated griffon to fly at a steady pace, tailing being the others. He slows it down as the group approaches the gigantic earth mote, and flits his head about, observing its various features.

Turning his head back, he addresses his passenger in a raised voice to speak over the wind.
"We've found what the rest were looking for, it looks like."
>> No. 12016 edit
Aghanim smiles!

"Indeed! I am rather excited to go there, Master Kenku," the eladrin returns. "I do wonder what purpose you have, here?"
>> No. 12017 edit
File 136545049085.jpg - (33.71KB , 1280x720 , karasu13.jpg )
12017
The kenku turns back to face forward, towards the half-orc on the griffon ahead. After a few moments' pause, he replies, "This party is on a mission important enough to hide. That alone piques my interest."
>> No. 12018 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12018
Sureiya looks through the spyglass, and though it's difficult to catch one in his vision for long, he does eventually make out one of the figures--it seems to be a floating suit of armor, complete with helmet and a spear, filled with a swirling wind. He spots another that seems to be filled with lightning, and wields a sword.

Arcana check to identify these things.
>> No. 12019 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
12019
"A floating armor? Could it be one of those Archons Lady Kava mentioned before?"
Arcana check (somehow i got a 23) http://orokos.com/roll/104423
>> No. 12020 edit
File 136609893198.jpg - (33.02KB , 1280x720 , karasu12.jpg )
12020
Arcana check (33) http://orokos.com/roll/104430
>> No. 12021 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12021
Yalko can't make out the figures well enough to tell what they are.

Sureiya recognizes these creatures as archons. His mother apparently told him bedtime stories about them as a child. They like war, and fighting. Feel free to reference the archon lore given earlier.
>> No. 12022 edit
File 129694624952.png - (59.75KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria1.png )
12022
"...I'm sure now, they are Archons. I saw a lighting and a wind one!
Torinn! Should we confront them?"
>> No. 12029 edit
File 129737251878.png - (28.12KB , 151x214 , (Jeopardy Theme).png )
12029
"Wait... Do you think they know we're here?"
>> No. 12030 edit
File 12962466981.png - (59.56KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria33.png )
12030
Doing his best to have a casual conversation while flying at high speeds mounting a goddamn griffon, Sureiya is impressed by Torinn's relaxed expression.
"They!? If you're talking about the Archons, I don't think they have seen us yet!"
>> No. 12040 edit
"If that's the case, we can come in low and make for the tunnels."
>> No. 12055 edit
File 136622927557.jpg - (67.62KB , 1280x720 , karasu3.jpg )
12055
"Hold on!" Yalko yells, "How quickly do the archons move? Will they out-speed our griffons, Sureiya!?"
>> No. 12058 edit
"Most likely" Sureiya answers.
>> No. 12059 edit
File 136623170049.jpg - (31.66KB , 1280x720 , karasu23.jpg )
12059
"Then making for the tunnels without engaging them is impossible," Yalko yells, "not without a distraction!"
>> No. 12060 edit
"A distraction eh? Do you have anything in mind?"
>> No. 12063 edit
File 136609893198.jpg - (33.02KB , 1280x720 , karasu12.jpg )
12063
Yalko turns back to his eldarin passenger. "Are you able to jump another's griffon at this height, mister Aghanim?"
>> No. 12074 edit
Aghanim chuckles.

"Master Kenku, I could perhaps traverse the fabric of worlds for a moment and pass..." he eyes the distance between the beasts, "... perhaps twenty feet, twenty-five at best to another."
>> No. 12075 edit
File 136625002691.jpg - (125.22KB , 490x520 , karasu8b_s.jpg )
12075
"You don't disappoint, mister Aghanim." Yalko replies, before turning back to the half-orc. "Something in mind, yes, but for that, our eldarin friend is going to need a little change of pace! Who of you will volunteer to carry him as a passenger?"
>> No. 12077 edit
>>12075
"I can protect him, if that's fine with him."
>> No. 12078 edit
The eladrin nods. "Master Tormine, I shall be in your care then. Now, if you'd be so kind as to come within... twenty feet, I'll come over."
>> No. 12079 edit
File 136633793522.png - (67.04KB , 326x254 , jpg.png )
12079
Yalko fishes about in the pockets of his robes. "...now then. I'm sorry for imposing so much, but if you'll accept one more favor, mister Aghanim..." He reaches his right hand from a pocket, and along with it flutters out the small, reptilian creature from before. "This is my familiar. Take him with you as you fly with mister Tormine." At Yalko's say so, the faerie dragon steadily makes its way over Yalko's shoulder to his passenger, and grins. "He's an important asset to this plan's success, I assure you."

Last edited at 13/04/18(Thu)19:20
>> No. 12080 edit
It's not very difficult for Torinn to command the griffon to move closer, and soon he's within the range of twenty feet.
>> No. 12082 edit
File 136635381745.png - (846.55KB , 891x500 , bakageorge.png )
12082
Visibly intrigued, the ranger questions.
"So, what's the plan again?"
>> No. 12084 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12084
The new eladrin team member has no problem teleporting from Yalko's griffon to Torinn's.
>> No. 12100 edit
File 136547146497.jpg - (80.94KB , 1280x720 , karasu6.jpg )
12100
After Aghanim's teleportation, Yalko directs his griffon to widen the gap slightly between him and Torinn. "The plan, Sureiya? Make for the tunnels, wasn't it?" He looks down at his mount for a moment, which now hovers in the air, relatively stationary. "Mister Tormine has kindly taken up my bothersome distraction, so nothing further is necessary. I am ready when you are!"

Bluff check 1d20+29: 41 [1d20=12] http://orokos.com/roll/106055

Last edited at 13/04/19(Fri)23:44
>> No. 12102 edit
File 136648202094.png - (419.76KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle1.png )
12102
The group prepares to attempt to enter the earthmote.
>> No. 12108 edit
File 131199255045.png - (86.84KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia1.png )
12108
"What? That won't do!" grumbles Sureiya.
"Torinn! those things won't give up without some smashing, let's bring them pain!"
If Torinn agrees, lead up the offensive alongside him, followed by Samel and Myn/Yalko a little behind.
>> No. 12109 edit
File 130593838077.jpg - (175.49KB , 354x250 , great conqueror.jpg )
12109
"Alright, let's waste them!"
>> No. 12113 edit
Audio 03-Roar_of_the_Battle_Drums.mp3 - (4.01MB , 03-Roar of the Battle Drums.mp3 )
12113
As the group approaches in a slightly staggered formation, they do get the attention of the archons, one of which speeds away towards the island, the the remaining five which move to engage in direct combat.
>> No. 12114 edit
File 136662703226.png - (221.03KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2.png )
12114
As the two groups rapidly close the gap between each other, Yalko is the first to seize the initiative in battle. Getting a better view of the creatures, you can see that three of them appear to be humanoids comprised of whirling wind, clad in golden chest armor with matching short spears and helmets. In the rear are vaguely humanoid shapes made of living lightning, with silver chest armor and visored helmets. They do not appear to be armed, but possess shackle-like accessories on their wrists.

Initiative
Yalko (Piece): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 23
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 14
Aghanim (Liliane): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O/P-16/17, Elevation 1) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 0
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (O/P-21/22, Elevation 5) 59/59
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-21/22, Elevation 2) 70/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 88/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-18/19, Elevation 3) 65/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-21/22, Elevation 5) 58/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-17/18, Elevation 8) 48/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (G-53, Elevation 3)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-55, Elevation 2)
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (Q-50, Elevation 0)
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (G-58, Elevation 9)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (O-54, Elevation 10)

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds.
>> No. 12125 edit
Torinn directs his griffon to advance, rising higher into the sky before moving to engage the enemy.

Double-move forward, rise to elevation 10
>> No. 12127 edit
File 136667023457.png - (394.54KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2a.png )
12127
Torinn and his griffon race ahead of the others, though his allies seem to be ready to back him up.

Torinn double moves.

Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O/P-16/17, Elevation 1) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 0
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (O/P-21/22, Elevation 5) 59/59
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 70/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 88/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-18/19, Elevation 3) 65/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 58/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-17/18, Elevation 8) 48/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's space) Passive Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (G-53, Elevation 3)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-55, Elevation 2)
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (Q-50, Elevation 0)
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (G-58, Elevation 9)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (O-54, Elevation 10)

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds.
>> No. 12128 edit
File 136609893198.jpg - (33.02KB , 1280x720 , karasu12.jpg )
12128
Arcana check (15) http://orokos.com/roll/107058
>> No. 12130 edit
File 136609893198.jpg - (33.02KB , 1280x720 , karasu12.jpg )
12130
Arcana check on lightning archons (19) http://orokos.com/roll/107075
>> No. 12131 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12131
Yalko: (Archon knowledge) Yalko doesn't know much about the wind archons. About the lightning archons, he knows they tend to hang back and blast their opponents with lightning (they are artillery and level 9), supporting front-line melee-oriented archons.
>> No. 12132 edit
File 136605884577.jpg - (65.47KB , 1280x720 , karasu22.jpg )
12132
With his familiar tucked away in his pocket once again, Yalko responds to Torinn's advance by kicking at his griffon's side, advancing and rising high in the air.

Double-move forward, rise to elevation 18.
>> No. 12133 edit
File 136668443266.png - (394.35KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2b.png )
12133
Samel and Yalko move forward to engage the enemy. Samel reminds Yalko that he should endeavor to stay close if he wants easy access to healing.

Yalko double moves.
Samel double moves.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O/P-16/17, Elevation 1) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 0
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 59/59
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 70/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 88/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-18/19, Elevation 3) 65/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 58/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-37/38, Elevation 18) 48/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's space) Passive Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (G-53, Elevation 3)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-55, Elevation 2)
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (Q-50, Elevation 0)
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (G-58, Elevation 9)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (O-54, Elevation 10)

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds.
>> No. 12135 edit
"Hey you! Don't fly that far away!"
Double move in a straight line, get to elevation 14.
>> No. 12136 edit
File 136674534770.png - (230.57KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2c.png )
12136
As Sureiya closes with the rest of the group, the griffon carrying both Torinn and Aghanim is suddenly assaulted by a blast of air so intense that it is precluded by a startling crack of thunder. It is as if something channeled the full force of a storm's fury into a quick burst of air, which rolls over the trio--Torinn remains steadfast in the onslaught, but both the griffon and the warlord are knocked silly by the blast, and it seems it will take them a moment to recover. In the space near them, in mid-air, is a newly-visible whirling vortex of wind that you could've sworn wasn't there before. The vortex has a vaguely humanoid shape that you should now associated with elementals.

They may not have a moment, however, as one of the wind archons swoops in to attack, though its spear is deftly blocked by the dragonborn's shield-arm. An arcing blast of lightning comes from one of the archons in the back row, though just as the dragonborn's shield recoils from the spear's blow, it manages to also block the lightning bolt, which splits into two as a small tickle of electricity rolls over Torinn. The split bolt strikes Aghanim in the side, and though it's not a solid hit, the wear is starting to catch up with the eladrin, and he coughs up a bit of blood. In the back, the other half of the bolt Torinn deflected managed to arc towards Samel and strike the deva solidly--though he doesn't seem overly affected by it.

Sureiya double moves.
An invisible air elemental thrall attacks Torinn, Aghanim, and Torinn's griffin with grasp of storms, a close blast 3, missing Torinn but hitting Aghanim and the griffon for 21 thunder damage. Both the griffon and Aghanim are dazed until the end of the elemental's next turn. The air elemental is now visible.
Wind archon 3 moves, then charges Torinn but misses with its short spear.
Lightning archon 1 moves, then uses chain lightning, which misses Torinn for 5 lightning damage. The secondary attack misses Aghanim for 10 lightning damage and hits Samel for 20 lightning damage.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): 17
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): 16
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O/P-16/17, Elevation 1) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 0
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 39/59
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 70/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger, dazed
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-38/39, Elevation 14) 65/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 27/58 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-37/38, Elevation 18) 48/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's space) Passive Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (G-53, Elevation 3)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-55, Elevation 2)
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10)
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 6)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (O-54, Elevation 10)
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9)
>> No. 12138 edit
File 130356493351.jpg - (158.56KB , 512x266 , protectarou.jpg )
12138
A divine shield repels the lightning archon's attack and prevents it from harming Aghanim. Torinn gets ready to bring the pain.

Righteous Shield to negate all the damage from chain lightning to Aghanim
>> No. 12139 edit
Waking from what has clearly been a legitimate and oft-used magic-preserving coma, Myn launches a curse at a distant enemy as he directs his mount forward.

Double move action: Move to G/H-32/33, elevation 8.
Minor action: Curse Lesser Wind Archon 3.


Last edited at 13/04/23(Tue)16:19
>> No. 12143 edit
File 136678445489.png - (373.27KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2d.png )
12143
As the warlock closes with his opponents and places a vile curse on the nearest, the other archons move to attack--Torinn easily fends off one, but the other strikes at Yalko's robes with its short spear. The hit is a glancing blow, but the dragonborn soon catches worse as a bolt of lightning is hurled by the other lightning archon and strikes him solidly, leaving the air smelling faintly of ozone. The paladin's divine shield did manage to protect the eladrin from too much harm, however.

Myn moves and curses wind archon 3.
Wind archon 1 moves and charges Torinn but misses with its short spear.
Wind archon 2 moves and charges Yalko, hitting with its short spear for 12 damage.
Lightning archon 2 moves and uses lightning bolt on Torinn, which hits for 24 lightning damage.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): 17
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): 16
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 0
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 39/59
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 46/70 HP, +2 power to attack rolls
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger, dazed
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-38/39, Elevation 14) 65/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 37/58 HP, dazed
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-37/38, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's space) Passive Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (I-43, Elevation 9)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (M-39, Elevation 18)
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), cursed
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 6)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (P-50, Elevation 9)
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9)

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12152 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12152
Aghanim: (Knowledge) The new eladrin is quite learned on the subject of the creatures of elemental air. Aghanim knows everything that Yalko knows, plus he knows that the air elementals are vicious opportunists in combat--level 9 lurkers, and these particular air elemental thralls are slightly weaker than the normal variety as they appear to be bound to some higher being's will. Their most basic form of attack is to simply slam enemies with their body, but more commonly, if they are unseen by foes, they will instead opt to use grasp of storms to envelop nearby foes in a thunderous blast of storm that entraps and distracts them (close blast 3, damages enemies in the blast, and dazes them if the elemental was invisible). They are phantoms on the wind, and become indistinguishable from the air itself if there are no foes nearby for a short time (read: turn invisible if no enemies are adjacent at the start of the elemental's turn, as a trait). The lesser wind archons, level 8 skirmishers, quickly dart in and out of combat using dance of wind, jabbing enemies with its short spear (dance of wind is an at-will power that it uses as a standard action that allows it to shift its speed, using its basic attack short spear at any point during the movement). It is also quite flighty, darting away from unsuccessful melee attacks (on a miss, it can shift 3 squares as an immediate reaction).
Both of these air creatures have air superiority--they are very difficult to knock out of the air. However, such attacks remain effective in making them more vulnerable to attack (the archons and elementals cannot be knocked prone, but they will take 1d10 extra damage and grant combat advantage until the end of their turn if they would be knocked prone).

>> No. 12156 edit
Temporarily brought off-balance by the flurry of attacks, Aghanim unleashes a psychic assault on the nearby archons, attempting to cow them into submission.

Standard: http://orokos.com/roll/108082
If they are hit and knocked prone, they take 1d10 extra damage, I'll let you roll that etc.
Next ally to hit one of the targets gets to roll twice on their next attack roll.

>> No. 12158 edit
File 136686917337.png - (222.16KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2e.png )
12158
As Aghanim psychically assaults the nearby elementals, leaving them quite shaken, another elemental appears in the back ranks, assaulting Myn with a thunderous barrage. The warlock is left somewhat dazed by the blast of slightly-damp air accompanied by nearly-deafening thunder.

Aghanim's fettering glare hits all targets for 23 psychic damage (2 of it is extra from knocking prone), and they grant combat advantage until the end of their turns. The next time an ally hits one, they get the fettering glare buff, which allows them to roll twice on their next attack.
Air elemental thrall 2 appears, using grasp of storms
, hitting Myn for 12 thunder damage but missing his griffon. Myn is dazed until the end of the elemental's next turn.

Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): 17
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): 16
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 0, dazed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 39/59
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 46/70 HP, +2 power to attack rolls
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger, dazed
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-38/39, Elevation 14) 65/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-41/42, Elevation 10) 39/58 HP, dazed
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-37/38, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's space) Passive Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (I-43, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA, fettering glare effect
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (M-39, Elevation 18)
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), cursed, -23 HP, granting CA, fettering glare effect
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 6)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (P-50, Elevation 9)
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA, fettering glare effect
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (K-32, Elevation 10)

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12159 edit
File 130351934563.jpg - (93.50KB , 434x290 , dragon rage.jpg )
12159
Torinn carefully coaxes his mount forward before unleashing a devastating attack on the air elemental that leaves it dazed and seriously wounded. He whirls about and makes a second attack against the cursed wind archon that, with Aghanim's arcane powers, becomes even more damaging than the first attack. A sliver of holy energy heals the warlord as Torinn grins grimly, waiting for the inevitable counter-attack.

Shift to J/K 42/43
CRIT with Valiant Strike + Holy Smite against Air Elemental Thrall for 27 damage plus 9 11 radiant damage, and that sucker is dazed until the end of my next turn
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4025402/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4025405/
Action Point attack : CRIT with Strike of Hope for 35 radiant damage against Lesser Wind Archon 3; Aghanim gains 5 temporary hit points
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4025415/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4025416/

>> No. 12162 edit
File 136691497797.png - (359.29KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2f.png )
12162
Torinn's eyes flash for a moment, and as if possessed by the rage of Bahamut himself, his sword moves swiftly and accurately, greatly dispersing the composition of the elemental creatures before him as his ailing griffon lunges forward. As the blade cleaves through the form of the first elemental, it briefly glows with a brilliant holy energy, and as the glow illuminates Torinn's form, he briefly resembles a medium-sized platinum dragon, with wings spread and mouth open in a feral roar. The energy is infused into the elemental, but the paladin's blade still glows as it arcs towards the archon, slashing through a shoulder plate. This time the radiance of the blow shines upon Aghanim, who feels as though he has just been revitalized by the resulting holy power.

Both elementals seem to be having quite a bit of difficulty maintaining their forms at this point, and seem to drift aimlessly--the elemental thrall's composition is marred by traces of lingering divine energy which further interfere with its movement. This looks like a good time for Yalko to strike!

Torinn shifts on his griffon, then uses valiant strike with holy smite against the air elemental thrall 1, which crits for 27 damage plus 11 radiant damage, and it is dazed until the end of his next turn. Torinn gains the fettering glare effect and expends it on his next attack. The elemental is bloodied, triggering Myn's bloodied boon (he could opt to spread the curse to 2 the nearby archons if he wishes to instead of gaining a darkspiral charge).
Torinn spends an action point! Torinn uses strike of hope against the lesser wind archon 3, which crits for 35 radiant damage. This also bloodies the archon.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): 17
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): 16
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, dazed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 39/59
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 46/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger, dazed
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-38/39, Elevation 14) 65/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 39/58 HP _ 5 tHP, dazed
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-37/38, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's space) Passive Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (I-43, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (M-39, Elevation 18)
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -58 HP (Bloodied), granting CA
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 6)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (P-50, Elevation 9)
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -61 HP (Bloodied), granting CA, dazed
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (K-32, Elevation 10)

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12165 edit
File 136693954636.jpg - (70.01KB , 1280x720 , karasu24.jpg )
12165
Yalko whirls his griffon around, directing it to lunge at the threatening elemental while pulling into a sharp dive in Myn's direction. After coming to a stop, he releases his familiar from his robe's pocket and it swiftly flies towards the nearby griffon, making to cling to the fur behind Myn. Yalko twists his body. With his eyes static as if in a state of great focus, he thrusts his arm forward in the direction of Torinn and and Aghanim, and, muttering something, swiftly pulls his open palm into a fist.

Standard action: Fly-by attack moving to D-35 elevation 10, beak attack at M-39 Lesser Wind Archon 2. 1d20+13 (33) http://orokos.com/roll/108590 for 1d8+5 (13) http://orokos.com/roll/108585
Minor action: switch Faerie Dragonling into active mode
Move action: move Faerie Dragonling to Myn's griffon at H-32 elevation 10
Free action: use action point
Standard action: Charm of the Defender on I-43 Lesser Wind Archon 1, slides it to M-44. 1d20+13 (31) http://orokos.com/roll/108596

>> No. 12167 edit
File 136694069029.png - (377.18KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2g.png )
12167
Yalko's griffon suddenly and savagely lunges forward with its beak, managing to tear off a chunk of the archon's armor even as it whisks the kenku away--but as he flies off, the faeire dragon leaps off of Yalko's shoulder and lazily flies over to Myn. Taking more decisive action, the mage uses a potent charm on one of the archons, and it suddenly turns on its comrades, storming into the fray and raising its weapons against the other elemental creatures nearby.

For his part, Samel moves to the middle of the battle and utters a potent word of command, luring the elemental closer to him so that it cannot slip away unnoticed--and closer to his ranger ally.

Yalko uses the griffon's flyby attack, and the beak CRITS the wind archon 2 for 13 damage. Yalko's griffon flies its speed away.
Yalko activates his familiar and flies it over near Myn's griffon.
Yalko spends an action point! Yalko uses charm of the defender, sliding archon 1 some squares and immobilizing it until the end of Yalko's next turn. It also is charmed and will attack allies if they begin their turns adjacent to it.
Samel flies on his griffon. Samel uses command on the air elemental thrall 2, sliding it a few squares and dazing it until the end of his next turn. (27 vs. Will http://orokos.com/roll/108607). (This probably looks a little weird since I forgot to make the elemental thrall visible on the map before).


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): 17
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): 16
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, dazed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 39/59
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 46/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger, dazed
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G/H-38/39, Elevation 14) 65/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 39/58 HP + 5 tHP, dazed
Yalko (Piece): (D/E-34/35) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (M-44, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA, immobilized, charmed (charm of the defender)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (M-39, Elevation 18), -13 HP
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -58 HP (Bloodied), granting CA
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 6)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (P-50, Elevation 9)
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -61 HP (Bloodied), granting CA, dazed
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), dazed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12168 edit
File 136695844095.png - (73.05KB , 640x480 , kan_02.png )
12168
"Hey, blue friend! Would ya take care of that one for a second?" Sureiya says before leaping into adventure.
Flanking the Archons with Torinn's help, the ranger doesn't hesitate to slash over and over his defenseless victims.

Fly to M-N/44-45 (elevation 10)
Twin strike, first against LW Archon 3 and second for Thrall 2 (crit: 23 damage | 36: 17 damage)
Then, use Harmony Blade's free attack against LW Archon 3 again (27: 16 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/108690
http://orokos.com/roll/108692
http://orokos.com/roll/108694

>> No. 12170 edit
File 130282522465.jpg - (85.82KB , 480x640 , 3b291c1120483ff5c6fd0729021a7d36.jpg )
12170
Update when I get home from work, but both of the elementals are destroyed by those attacks.
>> No. 12173 edit
Finishing off with ease the animated armors, Sureiya readies himself for the next one.
Hunter's quarry on Lesser Wind Archon 1
>> No. 12174 edit
File 136700193685.png - (224.61KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2h.png )
12174
As Sureiya's griffon flies high and circles down into the fray, the ranger slashes through the damaged archon with one clean swipe, nearly completely dispersing it, before aiming his other blade at the elemental thrall with a vicious stab. This seems sufficient to disperse the elemental energy binding the thrall to this plane, and it evaporates with a puff. Before the half-orc even fully comprehends this, though, he brings his sword around for another savage strike, which completely shatters the archon's elemental armor, and its spear drops from its hand as the humanoid form disperses.

Almost simultaneously, a bolt of lightning strikes Torinn directly, scorching his flesh and leaving him gasping for air. The offending lightning archon flies upwards, attempting to evade counterattacks.

Sureiya flies over carefully then unleashes twin strike, the first hit of which crits wind archon 3 for 23 damage, and the second attack hits air elemental 1 for 17 damage, destroying the air elemental thrall.
Sureiya's free attack trigger from a critical on his magic sword allows him to make a melee basic attack, which hits wind archon 3 again and destroys it.
Sureiya sets wind archon 1 as his quarry.
Lightning archon 1 fails to recharge chain lightning, and therefore uses lightning bolt on Torinn, which his for 20 lightning damage. Torinn grants combat advantage until the end of the archon's next turn. It then ascends to elevation 10.

Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, dazed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 39/59
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 26/70 HP (Bloodied), granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-44/45) 65/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 39/58 HP + 5 tHP
Yalko (Piece): (D/E-34/35) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (M-44, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA, immobilized, charmed (charm of the defender)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (M-39, Elevation 18), -13 HP
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 10)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (P-50, Elevation 9)
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), dazed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.

Last edited at 13/04/27(Sat)05:42
>> No. 12189 edit
Minor action: Curse Thrall 2.
>> No. 12190 edit
File 136716447094.png - (406.33KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2i.png )
12190
Even as Myn places his eldritch curse on the remaining thrall, the archons move to attack--the wind archon completely fails to hit Sureiya with its spear, apparently totally disrupted by Yalko's charm magic, but the other cunning archon moves to flank the cleric with its thrall companion--though the flank is ineffective, considering that its ally thrall is dazed. Nevertheless, its short spear finds its mark, and manages to slash a gash across the deva's chest, drawing a bit of blood. Likewise, a massive bolt of lightning suddenly strikes Sureiya, then forks into two separate bolts, striking Torinn and Aghanim in turn. Torinn looks quite injured by this barrage. The lightning archons appear to be keeping their distance.

Myn places his curse on air elemental thrall 2.
Wind archon 1 misses Sureiya with a natural 1 on short spear.
Wind archon 2 descend to flank Samel (can't due to dazed on the thrall), and hits him with its short spear for 15 damage. This bloodies Samel.
Lightning archon 2 moves and ascends, then attacks Sureiya with chain lightning, hitting Sureiya for 12 lightning damage with the primary attack (this can be turned into a miss with powerful warning, which would reduce the damage by half), then hitting Torinn and Aghanim for 13 lightning damage with the secondary attack (Aghanim reduces this to 11).


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, dazed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 24/59 (Bloodied)
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 88/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 13/70 HP (Bloodied), granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-44/45) 53/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (D/E-34/35) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (M-44, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA, immobilized, charmed (charm of the defender)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -13 HP
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 10)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-45, Elevation 14)
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), dazed, cursed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12191 edit
Aghanim casually influences the way of the lightning to graze Sureiya. Not too concerned with the expenditure of precious arcane power, the eladrin creates an opening for Sureiya to strike the nearby enemy while supporting Samel.

Interrupt: Warning for Sureiya.
Minor: INspiring Word for Samel
http://orokos.com/roll/109587 (+11 extra healing)
Samel can go heal Torinn right.
Standard: Commander's Strike to give Sureiya an attack against M-44 with a +6 bonus to damage. Reach lets me do it from two away. '3'

>> No. 12192 edit
File 136724840729.png - (406.33KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2j.png )
12192
The eladrin warlord springs into action, using a bit of arcane manipulation to bend the chain lightning just such that the majority of it passes harmlessly by Sureiya, then commanding the half-orc to strike back with a quick arcane infusion. The speed of Sureiya's movements catches the archon off-guard, and Sureiya's strike slams directly into the elemental's armor, knocking it off-balance.

Aghanim is also quick to offer some healing power to Samel, and this proves to come in handy as the air elemental strikes out with another blast of thunder, wracking both the deva and his griffon with a stormy barrage.

Aghanim's powerful warning causes chain lightning to miss Sureiya, reducing the damage by half. Sureiya can't make a melee basic attack against the target because he's too far away.
Aghanim's inspiring word allows Samel to spend a healing surge to regain 25 hit points.
Aghanim's commander's strike allows Sureiya to strike the wind archon 2 with a melee basic attack, which hits for 20 damage (http://orokos.com/roll/109659).
Air elemental thrall 2 uses grasp of storms
, hitting Samel and his griffon for 24 thunder damage. Since it wasn't invisible it doesn't daze them.

Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, dazed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 25/59 (Bloodied)
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 13/70 HP (Bloodied), granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-44/45) 59/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (J/K-42/43, Elevation 10) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (D/E-34/35) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (M-44, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA, immobilized, charmed (charm of the defender)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -33 HP
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 10)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-45, Elevation 14)
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), dazed, cursed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12193 edit
Torinn moves into a flanking position with Samel and inflicts lots of hurt on the nearest archon, then shores up Samel's defenses with some healing.

Move to M/N-39/40 elevation 11
Standard Action : Strike of Hope against Lesser Wind Archon 2 w/ Holy Smite : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4030254/
Give Samel 10 tHPs
Minor Action : Heal Samel with second wind

>> No. 12194 edit
File 136726122622.png - (406.70KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2k.png )
12194
Torinn acts quickly, using radiant power to partially shield Samel from the oncoming attack before flying to assault the archon from a flanking position. His strike, imbued with a lot of holy energy, breaks open the archon's chestplate and leaves it reeling--but the radiance shining from the glow revitalizes Samel, granting him extra protection.

As an immediate interrupt, Torinn uses shield of devotion to heal Samel 4 hit points.
Torinn moves.
Torinn uses his virtue of sacrifice feature to expend his second wind, losing a surge but granting Samel another 11 hit points.
Torinn uses strike of hope with holy smite, hitting the archon for 26 radiant damage and granting Samel 10 temporary hit points. The archon is dazed until the end of Torinn's next turn.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, dazed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 13/70 HP (Bloodied), granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-44/45) 59/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (D/E-34/35) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (M-44, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA, immobilized, charmed (charm of the defender)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -59 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 10)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-45, Elevation 14)
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), dazed, cursed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12195 edit
File 136623170049.jpg - (31.66KB , 1280x720 , karasu23.jpg )
12195
Yalko's griffon once again soars high above the others, and, after scanning the chaos, the kenku fixes his beady eyes on the space surrounding one of the lightning archons. Under his breath, he mutters more things unheard.

Move action: Move to M-42, elevation 18.
Standard action: Illusory Obstacles on the square with Lesser Lightning Archon 2. 1d20+13 (24) http://orokos.com/roll/109807


Last edited at 13/04/29(Mon)20:14
>> No. 12198 edit
File 136728679282.png - (404.11KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2l.png )
12198
Yalko moves across the battlefield on his griffon, which lets out a screech as the mage projects a field of illusory shapes around the lightning archon, distracting it a great deal.

Yalko flies on his griffon, then uses illusory obstacles, which hits lightning archon 2. It is dazed and cannot charge until the end of his next turn.

Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, dazed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-37/38, Elevation 5) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 13/70 HP (Bloodied), granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-44/45) 59/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (M-44, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -59 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 10)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-45, Elevation 14), dazed and cannot charge
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), dazed, cursed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12204 edit
File 13672979977.png - (259.02KB , 600x713 , mion_sonozaki_by_misong-d5kyswy.png )
12204
Even through Samel was severely hurt, he knows what to do to protect his allies. He closes his eyes and starts to pray.
"Master Oghma!, do not let my allie fell against our adversities!"
He then faces the archon and points his holy symbol at him.
"Oghma wil protect me against you! Face your fate!"
Finally, he moves to a safer position.
Healing word on Torinnhttp://orokos.com/roll/109966
http://orokos.com/roll/109967 9+8(17)
Bane on nearest archon.http://orokos.com/roll/1099741d20+15: 18 [1d20=3]
I move to G-34 elevation 7.

>> No. 12205 edit
File 136730381164.png - (401.14KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2m.png )
12205
Though the deva's attempt at cursing the enemy is unsuccessful, the healing he administers via a quick prayer revitalizes Torinn a great deal more than could be expected via normal healing.

Samel's inspiring word allows Torinn to spend a healing surge to regain 39 hit points.
Samel's bane misses the wind archon.
Samel moves.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): 12
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, dazed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (G/H-34/35, Elevation 7) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 52/70 HP, granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M/N-44/45) 59/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (M-44, Elevation 9), -23 HP, granting CA
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -59 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 10)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-46, Elevation 14), dazed and cannot charge
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), dazed, cursed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12206 edit
File 134484462683.png - (339.94KB , 442x430 , 14651324651.png )
12206
Just as the ranger was ready to attack his prey, he notices the animated armor near of Torinn looks rather weaker.
Not caring about his quarry anymore, Sureiya orders his griffon to fly back with his comrades, and ambushes the other Archon.

Fly to J-K/37-38 (+2 to AC from OAs [Heavy Blade Expertise])
Twin strike! (26: 18 damage | 33: 13 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/110029

>> No. 12212 edit
File 136736479417.png - (404.66KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2n.png )
12212
As the half-orc flies away from its opponent, the archon takes the opportunity to jab the ranger's side with its spear, poking him through the armor. Undeterred, Sureiya engages another foe and deftly strikes it down with two quick slices of his blades, cracking the archon's armor open and dispersing it completely.

A bolt of lightning shoots through the air near Yalko, fired by one of the lightning archons, which then lowers its elevation.

Sureiya flies away, provoking an opportunity attack, and the archon's short spear hits him for 9 damage.
Sureiya's twin strike hits the lesser wind archon 2 twice for a total of 30 damage, destroying it.
Lightning archon 1 failes to recharge chain lightning. It uses lightning bolt on Yalko, but rolls a natural 1 (critical miss). It descends to elevation 4.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G/H-33/32, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (G/H-34/35, Elevation 7) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 52/70 HP, granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J/K-37/38) 50/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (M-44, Elevation 9), -23 HP
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 4)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-46, Elevation 14), dazed and cannot charge
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), dazed, cursed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12213 edit
Swooping beneath the party, Myn strikes at whatever variety of mind the remaining wind archon possesses.


Move action: Move to K/L-39/40.
Minor action: Curse Lesser Wind Archon 1.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Lesser Wind Archon 1.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4032266/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4032267/



>> No. 12214 edit
File 136739038060.png - (382.10KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2o.png )
12214
Myn's griffon flies him in close so that he may apply his curse to another archon, then assail it with a potent psychic attack. The link he creates trasnfers quite a bit of pain over to the archon, and it visible reels even as it closes the gap between itself and the dragonborn, then slams the paladin's shoulder with the side of its spear. A lightning bolt accentuates the attack, passing just over Torinn's head and missing its intended target--the mage riding on his griffon.

Myn moves and curses archon 1. His shared agony hits it for 18 psychic damage.
The wind archon 1 moves up and hits Torinn with its short spear for 8 damage. It attempts to slide him 1 square but Torinn negates the slide.
The lightning archon 2 uses lightning bolt, missing Aghanim.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K/L-39/40, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (G/H-34/35, Elevation 7) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J/K-37/38) 50/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -41 HP, cursed
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 4)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-46, Elevation 14), dazed and cannot charge
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), dazed, cursed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12215 edit
Aghanim waves over at the nearby griffons, directing them all some newer movement.

"Master Swordsman, if you'd please engage that one," Aghanim says, indicating the nearby archon, "then perhaps Master Warlock will be willing to dispense justice to the far-off foes?" So saying, he empowers Sureiya's swords before directing the strike.

Move: Reorient the Axis, I'd like Sureiya to move adjacent the enemy at N-41.
Minor: Adaptive Stratagem to give Sureiya +6 damage (and +4 to saving throws)
Standard: Commander's Strike to let Sureiya attack with +6 to damage (for a total of +12 to damage) against N-41.
If you wish to move elsewhere instead please tell me and I'll adjust this Standard.

>> No. 12216 edit
File 136754552534.png - (382.71KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2p.png )
12216
With Aghanim's guidance and a little magic, Sureiya is able to fly his griffon into a flanking position and strike viciously out with his bastard sword, which slams into the wind archon's armor with a loud "clank," splitting the shoulderblade open. Fragments of the armor fall through the air, and the archon seems to be having difficulty maintaining its form.

Meanwhile, the remaining air elemental thrall disengages from Samel and begins to fly upwards.

Aghanim's reorient the axis allows Sureiya to shift into place.
Aghanim's adaptive stratagem grants Sureiya a +4 bonus to saving throws and +6 bonus to damage rolls until the end of his next turn.
Aghanim uses commaner's strike, granting Sureiya an attack with a +6 bonus to the damage roll. The melee basic attack hits for 24 damage. This bloodies the archon, triggering bloodied boon for Myn. http://orokos.com/roll/110972
The air elemental thrall 2 shifts 1 square, then flies away, ascending to elevation 18.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K/L-39/40, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (G/H-34/35, Elevation 7) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 50/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (M/N-39/40, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -65 HP (Bloodied)
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 4)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-46, Elevation 14), dazed and cannot charge
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), cursed

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12218 edit
File 129457059447.jpg - (88.16KB , 491x550 , glance back.jpg )
12218
With the wind archon locked down, Torrin attempts to attack it before moving away. He misses, but his breath weapon manages to hit the air elemental.

Flyby Attack : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4035555/ (miss) and move to I/J 43/44 elevation 17
Dragonbreath the air elemental : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4035562/ (26, 4)

>> No. 12219 edit
File 136761281088.png - (379.59KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2q.png )
12219
Torinn swipes his sword ineffectually at the nearby archon, and though it dodges out of the way, this distracts it from taking advantage of Torinn's flight upwards in pursuit of the elemental thrall. The dragonborn's maw opens, and a wave of lightning belches forth, causing bursts of electric energy to slightly disperse the elemental's form. However, the paladin's breath is augmented by his divine sanction, which lingers on the thrall as a holy curse.

Torinn has his mount use flyby attack, and though his melee basic attack misses, he moves away from the archon without provoking opportunity attacks.
Torinn flies into position and uses his dragon breath, which hits the elemental thrall for 4 lightning damage and subjects it to Torinn's divine sanction.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K/L-39/40, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (G/H-34/35, Elevation 7) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 50/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (H-32, Elevation 10) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -65 HP (Bloodied), cursed
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 4)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-46, Elevation 14), dazed and cannot charge
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (I-35, Elevation 10), -4 HP, cursed, divine sanction

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12220 edit
File 136622927557.jpg - (67.62KB , 1280x720 , karasu3.jpg )
12220
As Yalko directions his griffon to turn, he cocks his head to face the rising thrall and continues his chanting.

After a blink, the kenku peers down to Myn, and simultaneously his Faerie Dragonling rises from the griffon below, weaving its way in Torinn and Aghanhim's direction before letting out a dazzling breath which washes over the thrall above.

Standard Action: Maze of Mirrors on G-44 elevation 17. 1d20+13 (28) http://orokos.com/roll/111300
Move Action: Faerie Dragonling moves to I-42 elevation 16.
Minor Action: Faerie Dragonling's Dazzling Breath.

>> No. 12221 edit
File 136764184780.png - (380.14KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2r.png )
12221
Yalko's arcane mutterings summon an illusory cage of mirrors which completely confuses and entraps the elemental thrall--the adventurers only catch a glimpse of the prism before it vanishes from sight, but the elemental seems to believe it is completely trapped.

While Yalko casts its spell, his familiar flies from its perch on Myn's mount and breathes a breath that seems to be a shimmering rainbow of colors which seem to interact strongly with Torinn's divine powers.

Yalko's maze of mirrors hits the elemental thrall, imposing a -4 attack penalty and immobilizing it until the end of his next turn.
The faerie dragon flies upwards and uses its dazzling breath, rendering the thrall vulnerable 5 radiant until the end of Yalko's next turn.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K/L-39/40, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (G/H-34/35, Elevation 7) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 50/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (I-42, Elevation 16) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -65 HP (Bloodied), cursed
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 4)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-46, Elevation 14), dazed and cannot charge
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -4 HP, cursed, divine sanction, immobilized and -4 to attacks, vulnerable 5 radiant

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12225 edit
The Deva moves closer to support Torinn and Aghanim.
He continues to pray and points his holy symbol at Torinn and the immobilized thrall.
This time he closes his eyes as it starts to shine.
Samel moves to I-42 elevation 15.
Favor of the gods on Torinn.
Denunciation on Air Elemental Thrall 2 http://orokos.com/roll/111500 1d20+15: 26 [1d20=11]

>> No. 12226 edit
File 136771183027.png - (376.39KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2s.png )
12226
Samel's griffon flies upwards, and with two quick prayers, Samel grants Torinn a sacred boon, while subjecting the elemental thrall to a divine curse, which greatly weakens its offensive potential. The creature seems to almost float aimlessly now, in a illusory mirrored prison.

Samel moves.
Samel uses favor of the gods on Torinn, granting him a reroll on his next miss before the end of his next turn.
Samel uses denunciation, which hits the elemental thrall, dazing it and making it suffer a -4 penalty to attacks and defenses until the end of his next turn.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): 15
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K/L-39/40, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage, favor of the gods
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 50/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (I-42, Elevation 16) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -65 HP (Bloodied), cursed
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (I-55, Elevation 4)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-46, Elevation 14), dazed and cannot charge
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -4 HP, cursed, divine sanction, immobilized and -4 to attacks, vulnerable 5 radiant, dazed and taking a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12227 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
12227
"Hey, those things aren't as tough now."
Sureiya continues breaking through the floating armors, effortlessly bringing his quarry down. Then, he sets his next victim with a vicious glare, and flies to it aided by his griffon.
Off-hand strike against Lesser Wind Archon 1 (using Inevitable Strike with it)
(33: 24 damage) (that should kill it, if it doesn't, use the furious assault I rolled) http://orokos.com/roll/111514
Free action! Use Death threat against Lesser Lightning Archon 2
Fly to T-45 (elevation 14)
Twin strike against quarry! (furious assault added here) (28: 15 damage | 21: 16 damage | 9 damage from furious assault)
http://orokos.com/roll/111515
http://orokos.com/roll/111516

>> No. 12229 edit
File 13677162043.png - (400.11KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2t.png )
12229
As Sureiya and his griffon whirl away from one archon, a backswing from Sureiya's off-hand weapon finishes it off, the wind elemental's armor falling in pieces to the ground below. The half-orc then closes the distance with one of the lightning archons, murder in his eyes, and strikes a pair of powerful blows with his weapons, severely damaging the armor that barely contains the lightning within. A bit of it escapes, lightly shocking the ranger, but the archon nevertheless looks like it's barely holding itself together after Sureiya's assault.

The other lightning archon attempts to help its ally by further descending and shooting a bolt of lightning at the offending half-orc, but the shot goes wide and misses Sureiya by a fair margin.

Sureiya uses off-hand strike, which hits for 24 damage and destroys the wind archon.
Sureiya uses death threat, marking another enemy as his quarry and gaining CA against it until the end of his next turn. Sureiya moves.
Sureiya uses twin strike, which hits twice for 24 damage and 16 damage, which bloodies the lightning archon. Sureiya takes 5 lightning damage from the archon's static discharge.
Lightning archon 1 descends to elevation 1, failing to recharge chain lightning. It uses lightning bolt against Sureiya but misses.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): 10
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K/L-39/40, Elevation 8) 49/61 HP, darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage, favor of the gods
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 45/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (I-42, Elevation 16) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (N-54, Elevation 1)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (U-46, Elevation 14), -40 HP (Bloodied), death threat,
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -4 HP, cursed, divine sanction, immobilized and -4 to attacks, vulnerable 5 radiant, dazed and taking a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12231 edit
Draining the scattered lifeblood of his allies to mend his minor scrapes, Myn leisurely smacks an archon with a wad of worms.

Life Siphon off Torinn's damage.
Move action: Move to S/T-41/42.
Minor action: Curse Lesser Lightning Archon 2.
Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Lesser Lightning Archon 2.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4037493/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4037494/

>> No. 12234 edit
File 136777083539.png - (398.82KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2u.png )
12234
The warlock draws some power from Torinn's pain in order to heal his own minor wounds, then swoops into the fray to place his curse on the severely damaged lightning archon. He adds to its damage with a potent necrotic attack, which seems to cause a large portion of the archon's armor to transform into wriggling worms, which fall to the ground helplessly. Several of the worms fry in the lightning, though, and its movement appears disrupted--at least for the few more seconds it lasts, as it tries to escape from Sureiya's side, only for the half-orc to make a final vicious swing at the creature, deftly shattering its damaged armor and dispersing the living lightning completely.

Myn uses life siphon, regaining 5 hit points.
Myn moves and curses lightning archon 2.
Myn's darkworm feast hits the lightning archon 2 for 19 necrotic damage. The archon is also slowed until the end of Myn's next turn.
Lightning archon 2 takes an extra 3 necrotic damage at the start of its turn. It then shifts, and Sureiya's battle awareness granted melee basic attack hits it for 18 damage. This destroys it. http://orokos.com/roll/111630


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S/T-41/42, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage, favor of the gods
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 45/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (I-42, Elevation 16) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (N-54, Elevation 1)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -4 HP, cursed, divine sanction, immobilized and -4 to attacks, vulnerable 5 radiant, dazed and taking a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12235 edit
Aghanim gently taps the nearby Archon with his staff, indicating to Torinn, "Master Tormine, if you'd please!"

Commander's Strike, +6 bonus to damage to attack nearby thrall okay.
>> No. 12236 edit
File 129826709578.jpg - (77.48KB , 340x282 , mantarou.jpg )
12236
Torinn attacks as soon as Aghanim points out the opening, channeling enough raw power in his strike to outright crack the archon's armor from the force of the blow.
CRIT for 36 total damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4039680/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4039681/

>> No. 12237 edit
File 136789010181.png - (398.93KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2u.png )
12237
Infused with Aghanim's magic and words, Torinn aims a mighty blow on the elemental, and his weapon passes through with deadly force--though it feels as though there is very little impact, the airy form of the elemental has been greatly dispersed. Torinn whips his blade back for another swing, even as the elemental lets loose a blast of storm against the foes gathered nearby. However, all of targets easily evade the attack's grasp, even Samel's griffon, which was nearly hit but manages to jerk to the side of the onslaught just in time, shrieking defiantly.

Aghanim uses commander's strike, and the granted melee basic attack by Torinn crits the nearby elemental thrall for 36 damage. This bloodies it, triggering Myn's bloodied boon.
The elemental thrall uses grasp of storms but misses all targets due to the heavy penalties it is taking.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S/T-41/42, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage, favor of the gods
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 45/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (I-42, Elevation 16) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (N-54, Elevation 1)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -40 HP (Bloodied), cursed, divine sanction, immobilized and -4 to attacks, vulnerable 5 radiant, dazed and taking a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12238 edit
For a moment, it looks like Torinn's attack won't connect. But thanks to a bit of luck granted by Samel, a strong burst of radiant energy hits the elemental and further shields Aghanim from harm.

Strike of Hope vs. Thrall
Reroll w/ Favor of the Gods : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4039806/ (34, 23)
Give Aghanim 5 tHPs

>> No. 12239 edit
File 136789968552.png - (398.96KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2v.png )
12239
Torinn's follow-up blow is infused with radiant energy, searing the elemental. As he does so, the energy from the strike dissolves the elemental bit by bit before transforming into a small defensive shield that guards Aghanim's body.

Torinn's strike of hope hits the elemental thrall for 23 radiant damage. Aghanim gains 5 temporary hit points.

Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S/T-41/42, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage, favor of the gods
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 45/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP + 5 tHP
Yalko (Piece): (L/M-42/43, Elevation 18) 36/48 HP
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (I-42, Elevation 16) Active Mode

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (N-54, Elevation 1)
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -63 HP (Bloodied), immobilized and -4 to attacks, vulnerable 5 radiant, dazed and taking a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12240 edit
File 136790709249.jpg - (68.03KB , 1280x720 , karasu16.jpg )
12240
At a snap of its master clawed fingers, the faerie dragonling vanishes from sight. Following this, the kenku kicks at his griffon's side, leading it to dive in the direction of the remaining lightning archon. Yalko steadies himself, and, after patting at pocket of his robes momentarily, whips his arm away from his robes, arcing it in the direction of the target below him. Appearing suddenly, a cloudy pack of griffon riders advance on the elemental.

"Your last ally is swiftly falling, archon!" the kenku taunts.

Minor action: switch Faerie Dragonling into passive mode.
Move action: move to N-50 elevation 10.
Standard action: Illusory Ambush on Lesser Lightning Archon 1. 1d20+13 (25) http://orokos.com/roll/112184 for 1d6+11 (14) http://orokos.com/roll/112185


Last edited at 13/05/06(Mon)23:13
>> No. 12243 edit
File 136795761715.png - (400.71KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2w.png )
12243
As Yalko's faeire dragon vanishes and then quickly reappears in the kenku's pocket, he rides the griffon forward and conjures a cunning illusion, sending it at the remaining artillery archon. It collides with the elemental and, despite being a mere phantasm, causes some very real damage to the lightning being's integrity.

However, the mage's taunt has little effect--the archon doesn't appear to speak or understand common. At the very least, it shows no reaction to the words.

Yalko switches his familiar to passive mode, then moves.
Yalko's illusory ambush hits the lightning archon for 14 psychic damage, and inflicts a -2 penalty to attack rolls upon it until the end of his next turn.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S/T-41/42, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage, favor of the gods
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 45/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 33/58 HP + 5 tHP
Yalko (Piece): (N/O-49/50) 36/48 HP
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's Space) Passive Mode
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (N-54, Elevation 1), -14 HP, -2 to attack rolls
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -63 HP (Bloodied), dazed and taking a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12244 edit
File 136803612614.jpg - (187.37KB , 453x720 , mioncard.jpg )
12244
Samel won't show any mercy for the remaining enemies. However, studying the situation he decides to support his allies for the finishing blow.
First of all, trusting his deity he closes his eyes once again and chants another voice of healing, this time pointing the symbol at Aghanim.
Then,
using all his concentration, the cleric opens a path with the astral sea. It looks like he is having trouble as he seems lost in my mind, it must have been a while for Samel to use this kind of power, but he knows how to deal with it and quickly regain control of his body. Suddenly, Samel uses this power to send a ray of light to the thrall.

healing word 2nd cast on Aghanim http://orokos.com/roll/112569 3d6+8: 19 [3d6=3, 2, 6
astral sea on Air Elemental Thrall 2 http://orokos.com/roll/112571 1d20+17: 27 [1d20=10]

>> No. 12245 edit
File 136805624575.png - (400.70KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2x.png )
12245
With a short prayer to Oghma, Aghanim feels all of his strength return to him. And with a gesture of the deva's holy symbol, a divine brand appears on the elemental thrall's body, illuminating its weak points.

Samel's healing word allows Aghanim to spend a healing surge and is healed to full. He also gains [b]+2 to attack rolls and all defenses[/b] temporarily.
Samel uses astral seal, which hits the elemental thrall 2, inflicting a -2 defense penalty. The next ally who hits it will regain 10 hit points.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S/T-41/42, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage, favor of the gods
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O/P-40/41) 45/65 HP, +6 to damage rolls and +4 saving throws
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 58/58 HP + 5 tHP, [b]+2 to attack rolls and all defenses[/b]
Yalko (Piece): (N/O-49/50) 36/48 HP
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's Space) Passive Mode
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (N-54, Elevation 1), -14 HP, -2 to attack rolls
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -63 HP (Bloodied), -2 to defenses, next ally who hits gains 10 hit points

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12246 edit
"Hey you! Don't you think you can escape from us!"
Move down
Hunter's quarry
Charge Lesser Lightning Archon 1 with Marauder's rush (25: 24 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/112727
http://orokos.com/roll/112728

>> No. 12247 edit
File 136808467879.png - (402.79KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2y.png )
12247
Sureiya kick-starts his griffon and fixes his gaze on the remaining lightning archon. His bird screeches and tucks its wings into a dive, the half-orc leaning forward, his blades at the ready. As the griffon rears back and slides into a position near the archon, Sureiya chops off a shoulderplate from the archon's armor as it backs off, putting some distance between the two. A small bolt of lightning escapes the shattered armor and delivers a small shock to Sureiya as the two separate, and the lightning archon raises its bracers to try and deliver a stronger follow-up. However, the bolt arcs in completely the wrong direction, somehow going around the half-orc, despite the very close distance between the two.

Sureiya moves, then sets his quarry and charges lightning archon 1 with marauder's rush, which hits for 24 damage. Sureiya takes 5 lightning damage from static discharge.
Lightning archon 1 fails to recharge chain lightning. It shifts away, then attempts to blast Sureiya with lightning bolt but rolls a natural 1.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S/T-41/42, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage, favor of the gods
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N/O-52/53, Elevation 2) 40/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 58/58 HP + 5 tHP
Yalko (Piece): (N/O-49/50) 36/48 HP
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's Space) Passive Mode
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (M-55, Elevation 1), -38 HP (Bloodied), -2 to attack rolls
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -63 HP (Bloodied), -2 to defenses, next ally who hits gains 10 hit points

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12250 edit
Hardly in need of healing, Myn opts to target the farther foe, lightly tickling it with magic.

Move action: Move to N/O-47/48, elevation 8.
Minor action: Curse Lesser Lightning Archon 1.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Lesser Lightning Archon 1.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4043872/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4043879/

>> No. 12251 edit
File 136815946215.png - (397.41KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2z.png )
12251
Myn's griffon closes with the nearby archon even as he mutters a vile curse. Raising one hand, the warlock fires a signature beam of eldritch energy, which strikes the archon and burns away a bit of its armor.

Myn moves and curses the lightning archon.
Myn uses eldritch blast, which hits the archon for 16 damage.


Initiative
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): 28
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N/O-47/48, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 44/70 HP, granting combat advantage, favor of the gods
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N/O-52/53, Elevation 2) 40/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 58/58 HP + 5 tHP
Yalko (Piece): (N/O-49/50) 36/48 HP
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's Space) Passive Mode
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (M-55, Elevation 1), -54 HP (Bloodied), -2 to attack rolls, cursed
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -63 HP (Bloodied), -2 to defenses, next ally who hits gains 10 hit points

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12252 edit
Aghanim taps Torinn again, then empowers a strike against the nearby archon.

Comm's Strike.
>> No. 12253 edit
File 129973551852.png - (45.79KB , 300x300 , WRYUUUUUUUU!!!.png )
12253
With Aghanim's guidance, Torinn puts the air elemental down for good.

CRIT for 29 damage : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4045637/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4045638/

>> No. 12254 edit
File 136831666023.png - (397.40KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2za.png )
12254
With a battle cry, Aghnaim provides sufficient distraction to give Torinn an opportunity to attack, which the dragonborn seizes--his sword strike is swift, clear, clean cut that instantly and totally disperses what remains of the elemental thrall.

Aghanim's commander's strike allows Torinn to use a melee basic attack, which crits for 29 damage. This destroys the elemental. Torinn regains 10 hit points from astral seal.

Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N/O-47/48, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 54/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N/O-52/53, Elevation 2) 40/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (I/J-43/44, Elevation 11) 58/58 HP + 5 tHP
Yalko (Piece): (N/O-49/50) 36/48 HP
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's Space) Passive Mode
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (M-55, Elevation 1), -54 HP (Bloodied), -2 to attack rolls, cursed
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -91 HP (Bloodied), -2 to defenses DESTROYED

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12255 edit
With the elemental dispatched, Torinn gives a warning to Aghanim to hang on tight. The griffon dives several feet, then rushes the remaining enemy. Torinn readies his sword and tries to hit the last archon.

Move to I/J 51/52, elevation 5
Charge archon at K/L 54/55, elevation 1 : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4046263/

>> No. 12256 edit
File 13683188097.png - (396.86KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2zb.png )
12256
Looking for a swift end to the battle, Torinn follows up by spurring his griffon into melee range of the last remaining lightning archon, but the elemental manages to dodge the blow at the last second.

Torinn moves and charges, but his melee basic attack misses the lightning archon.

Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N/O-47/48, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-54/55, Elevation 1) 54/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N/O-52/53, Elevation 2) 40/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (K/L-54/55, Elevation 1) 58/58 HP + 5 tHP
Yalko (Piece): (N/O-49/50) 36/48 HP
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's Space) Passive Mode
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (M-55, Elevation 1), -54 HP (Bloodied), -2 to attack rolls, cursed
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -91 HP (Bloodied), -2 to defenses DESTROYED

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12258 edit
File 136832302710.jpg - (153.90KB , 768x1024 , kenku_full.jpg )
12258
After focusing on the archon's movements following his taunt, the kenku sighs. His arm takes a familiar action, and his beady eyes close. Cloudy images rush out before him.

Yalko turns his head, muttering,
"A pity. I'm sure we could have offered one another something."

Standard action: Illusory Ambush on Lesser Lightning Archon 1. 1d20+13 (16) http://orokos.com/roll/113496 for 1d6+11 (15) http://orokos.com/roll/113497 On hit, the Lesser Lightning Archon takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Yalko's next turn.

Last edited at 13/05/11(Sat)18:45
>> No. 12259 edit
File 13683188097.png - (396.86KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2zb.png )
12259
Another phantom horde appears at Yalko's command, but it appears the archon is wise to the act--it remains unfazed.

Yalko's illusory ambush misses the archon.

Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 27
Yalko (Piece): 27
Samel (Uncle Mion): 21
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Aghanim (Liliane): 3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N/O-47/48, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H/I-41/42, Elevation 15) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-54/55, Elevation 1) 54/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N/O-52/53, Elevation 2) 40/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (K/L-54/55, Elevation 1) 58/58 HP + 5 tHP
Yalko (Piece): (N/O-49/50) 36/48 HP
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's Space) Passive Mode
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (M-55, Elevation 1), -54 HP (Bloodied), -2 to attack rolls, cursed
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -91 HP (Bloodied), -2 to defenses DESTROYED

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12260 edit
Samel is pleased that everyone is in good shape. He commands his griffon to fly ahead.

Samel doublemoves to m-52 elevation 2
>> No. 12261 edit
"Good bye, fella."
Moving into flanking position, the ranger finishes off his duty.
Move
Lashing leaves just because (29: 22 damage | 33: 26 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/113729

>> No. 12262 edit
File 136841068989.png - (395.57KB , 1010x670 , aerialbattle2zc.png )
12262
Samel joins up with the rest of the group just as Sureiya delivers the killing blow to the final archon. As his sword cleaves through its armor, there is a horrid whistling noise as the lightning seems to implode on itself and become nothing. The battle is now over.

Samel moves.
Sureiya moves and uses lashing leaves. The first attack hits for 22 damage and destroys the archon.


Final Stats

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N/O-47/48, Elevation 8) 54/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Myn's Griffon (Ally): (Myn's Mount) 88/88
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M/N-51/52) 40/59 + 10 temporary hit points
Samel's Griffon (Ally): (Samel's Mount) 64/88
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-54/55, Elevation 1) 54/70 HP
Torinn's Griffon (Ally): (Torinn's Mount) 67/88, carrying Aghanim as a passenger
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N/O-53/54, Elevation 2) 40/65 HP
Sureiya's Griffon (Ally): (Sureiya's Mount) 88/88
Aghanim (Liliane): (K/L-54/55, Elevation 1) 58/58 HP + 5 tHP
Yalko (Piece): (N/O-49/50) 36/48 HP
Faeire Dragon (Piece): (In Yalko's Space) Passive Mode
Yalko's Griffon (Ally): (Yalko's Mount) 88/88

Enemies
Lesser Wind Archon 1 (W): (N-41, Elevation 11), -89 HP (Bloodied), quarry DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 2 (W): (L-38, Elevation 10), -89 HP (Bloodied), dazed DESTROYED
Lesser Wind Archon 3 (W): (L-43, Elevation 10), -94 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 1 (L): (M-55, Elevation 1), -76 HP (Bloodied), -2 to attack rolls, cursed DESTROYED
Lesser Lightning Archon 2 (L): (V-17, Elevation 14), -80 HP (Bloodied), death threat, quarry, slowed DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 1 (A): (L-44, Elevation 9), -77 HP (Bloodied) DESTROYED
Air Elemental Thrall 2 (A): (H-44, Elevation 18), -91 HP (Bloodied), -2 to defenses DESTROYED

Notes
The griffons have no inititiative, but act as directed on the turn of their rider. Their rider must spend actions to allow the griffon to take actions. Both riders and passengers share a spacewith the griffon, though the passenger cannot direct the griffon to move or attack.
Archon knowledge is arcana, 2 separate checks for the 2 different kinds. Arcana for knowledge of air elementals is a separate check.
>> No. 12264 edit
File 136545049085.jpg - (33.71KB , 1280x720 , karasu13.jpg )
12264
Speaking loudly, Yalko addresses the rest of the party. "I think we got them all! Now let's get inside before any more decide to turn up! I want to feel the ground beneath my feet!"
>> No. 12265 edit
Nodding, the ranger adds. "I think we should be able to land inside one of those caverns. Let's get moving."
>> No. 12267 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12267
With the battle ended, Sureiya and Yalko lead the party to the nearest, largest tunnel in the base of the earthmote. The cavern is illuminated here, but looks completely dark further in, so you'll need a light to proceed. Sureiya's experience in dungeoneering easily and quickly tells him that this cavern seems to go upwards. It is roughly oval-shape, about 60 feet high and 100 feet wide at its largest, though it tends to shrink and expand about 20 feet at random intervals. By all accounts the tunnels seem natural, and could possibly lead all the way to the surface.
>> No. 12269 edit
Ignoring the horrible aesthetics, the ranger picks ups a strange helmet from his magical bag and a sunrod. After breaking it, Sureiya secures the rod on his helmet and places it over his head.
"See, I got one of these yesterday. I thought it could be useful."
Miner's helmet and sunrod. Guide the way in.

Last edited at 13/05/15(Wed)21:11
>> No. 12270 edit
File 136869943922.jpg - (81.49KB , 1280x720 , karasu10b.jpg )
12270
Once the party enters the tunnel, Yalko clambers down form his griffon, dropping onto the ground lightly.

He pats down his robes before speaking.
"You keep good company, Myn," He turns his head to the warlock, "now as in the past. None of your companions lack experience in combat."

He flits his head suddenly to the only griffon bearing two, and lowers it slightly after a pause. "Forgive me if my actions confused earlier. For a long time I have fought alone, rashly, too rashly to impose that on a passenger." Bluff: 1d20+29: 47 http://orokos.com/roll/114567 The kenku peers up again, towards the eldarin. "Nothing personal, mister Aghanim. I see you are just as capable as the others."

Last edited at 13/05/16(Thu)03:19
>> No. 12271 edit
File 130593838077.jpg - (175.49KB , 354x250 , great conqueror.jpg )
12271
All things considered, Torinn believes that the last fight went better than he could have hoped. Attempting to keep the party's spirits up, he expresses, "It seems the gods are smiling on us today. Let us press on."
>> No. 12272 edit
>>12270

"Whilst agreed, I can hardly recall an easier battle in our time together. Perhaps today's excursion will be a relaxing one."
>> No. 12273 edit
File 136884415213.jpg - (114.91KB , 1280x720 , karasu8b.jpg )
12273
After pacing around on the tunnel's floor for his brief chat with the other party members, Yalko gives a nod to Myn, and climbs back up on his griffon's back. "Then let us proceed at a slow and relaxing pace, mister Tormine. We should guide these griffons along the ground while we can. Unless I am the only one to exert myself in that battle."

Last edited at 13/05/17(Fri)19:30
>> No. 12275 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12275
Sureiya, with a sunrod attached to his mining helmet, leads the way. The party leads their griffons along, as the tunnel is certainly large enough to accommodate them.

There's not a lot to see along the way. Some occasional roots and hard stone. The most interesting thing is that the tunnel seems to be gradually leading the group upwards. However, given the angle of the slope, Sureiya estimates it will take a few hours' walk to reach the surface from here.
>> No. 12279 edit
Still with his flashy helmet over his head, Sureiya realizes that the adrenaline from the last fight made him forget about treating his wounds.
"Hey, hold your horses" says Sureiya, getting off from his griffon. "I wanna give this place a good look, in the meanwhile you guys check your own wounds. Samel, Aghanim...(?) take care of that, will ya?"
Dungeoneering check: (lol 18) http://orokos.com/roll/115297
Check (even if useless), for marks on the walls and etc.

>> No. 12281 edit
"I was about to say it."
Samel gets off to the side of his griffon and pets his head. He murmurs "good work".
He asks the rest of the group.


"I think that we should take a little rest, so we can treat those injuries before what's ahead. I am pretty sure those guys were not the only ones around here. What do you think, everyone?"

He takes a look at Sureiya's injury.
"This is not a big deal, give me one second and I will fix it for you."
>> No. 12282 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12282
By all accounts, the tunnel appears naturally made--as in, it wasn't formed by the burrowing of a giant purple worm or something equally worrying. Before this land was upheaved, there was likely an extensive underground tunnel system that extended to the surface at various points. The upheaval has probably distorted the routes, and it's likely you'll find multiple paths that lead downwards or sideways in addition to upwards.

Sureiya can't tell anything for certain about what this all means, however. It just seems like it's a natural tunnel system.
>> No. 12285 edit
File 136498274427.jpg - (35.99KB , 1280x720 , karasu5.jpg )
12285
"I would have suggested the same if you did not seem in a hurry." Saying so, the kenku descends from his griffon once again and approaches Sureiya and Samel. "Considering that we take this route despite our wings, we can't rule out the possibility of running into something doing the same. On the other hand, with there being many routes, enemies could pass by without even knowing. It's the surface that should concern us."

Yalko sits himself beside the pair and rolls up a sleeve of his robe, revealing an injury from the battle.

"Perhaps, while you tend to our wounds, mister Samel, one of you could tell me what exactly your group expects to gain from the leyline up there."
>> No. 12287 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12287
The group decides to rest for a bit. Please state how many surges you're spending if you're spending them. Also, Aghanim has a healing battle standard, but I don't know where Lili is. Just assume he places it.
>> No. 12291 edit
File 136919395020.jpg - (52.65KB , 1280x720 , karasu17.jpg )
12291
Yalko spends 1 healing surge.
>> No. 12296 edit
"We're not really hoping to gain anything by using it directly, per se. Only to plant a sort of beacon on it."
>> No. 12297 edit
File 136568273617.jpg - (50.15KB , 1280x720 , karasu20.jpg )
12297
"No ordinary kind of ordinary beacon, I am sure. But that is only a means -- to what end?"
>> No. 12298 edit
>>12297
"A means to reach the Fell King. And stop him."
>> No. 12300 edit
File 136929533041.jpg - (50.26KB , 1280x720 , karasu20b.jpg )
12300
>>12298
"Acquiring information on your mission is akin to pulling feathers one by one, mister Tormine. But I suppose this is hardly the time or the place."

Having said that, the kenku looks around at the rest of the group, checking their preparedness, before offhandedly commenting,"I can rest assured that with a name like that, your enemy is perfectly evil, and your cause perfectly just."
>> No. 12301 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
12301
Tired of not understanding the secrets of the cave, Sureiya adds something to Torinn's explanation.
"Let's just say this guy is powerful enough to have other men under his command. We have fought two of his minions already, and they have been strong, to say the least. So we expect to have a warm welcome here as well."
Spend one healing surge.

Last edited at 13/05/23(Thu)09:07
>> No. 12303 edit
File 136506520882.jpg - (35.44KB , 1280x720 , karasu4.jpg )
12303
Yalko folds his robed arms and slowly paces towards his griffon as he speaks. "So this Fell King and his servants are the enemies of Valanor, your employer. You really do have more than coin on the mind. Perhaps I can help you as more than just a party with mutual interest."

Having reached his griffon, Yalko gives it a pat. "But enough of that for now. It is good to hear you have some idea of what awaits us."
>> No. 12304 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
12304
The griffons are rather unsteady on land, so it's somewhat slow going as the group slogs its way up the tunnels. Sureiya needs to replace the sunrod twice, and it's early into the lifespan of the third rod that he comes to an intersection--not just any intersection, as you passed several tunnels that led back downwards on the way. Squinting hard, Sureiya can make out traces of natural light on the edge of the upwards-leading path. It must be the way to the surface.

However, one of the side paths is different--in fact, it's hardly a path at all, more like a hole in the side of the tunnel. Too small for any of you to fit into without squeezing. You hear some shuffling from inside, and then, a dragonborn head pokes out from it--by Torinn's guess, a rather old dragonborn, with faded red scales and golden eyes. "'Ey, who're you?" he snorts, facing the rather diverse group of adventurers riding and/or leading griffons through the tunnels.
>> No. 12306 edit
"We're here about an incident in progress," Torinn says carefully. "Who're you?"
>> No. 12307 edit
File 136944738710.png - (143.49KB , 370x285 , grislehead.png )
12307
"Incident? Pfah! If yer talkin' about tha thing with tha giants, you're a few years too late!" guffaws the elderly dragonborn. "Name's Grisle. Where'd you come up with that motley assortment, son?"
>> No. 12308 edit
File 136625002691.jpg - (125.22KB , 490x520 , karasu8b_s.jpg )
12308
"Years...?" Yalko raises an arm before his griffon behind him, and it ceases its forward pace.

"We have come on behalf of the Order of the Blue Flame to investigate the recent disappearance of an elf who was surveying this and surrounding earth motes. How did you get past the elementals outside?" Bluff: 1d20+29 (34) http://orokos.com/roll/116365

Last edited at 13/05/25(Sat)06:24
>> No. 12309 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12309
"I don't know nothin' 'bout no elementals," replies the dragonborn. Unceremoniously, he hauls himself out of the hole. You can see he's dressed in somewhat muddy, ragged-looking wraps that pass for clothing, that have clearly seen better days. "Ah've lived here since tha cataclysm and tha giants, decades ago."
>> No. 12310 edit
>>12309
Giants?
"You mean the Spellplague? You've been here since the Spellplague hit?"
>> No. 12311 edit
File 136609893198.jpg - (33.02KB , 1280x720 , karasu12.jpg )
12311
"Decades?" Yalko glances as Torinn for a moment, then returns his gaze to the dragonborn.

"You've been here since the land's upheaval? Aren't you surprised to see us?"
>> No. 12312 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12312
"Tha what now?" the dragonborn replies, clearly not following what you're saying. "I dunno anything about no 'Spellplague,' but my father talked about tha cataclysm, course I wasn't around yet then. That's when we all ended up on this floating hunk of rock, with no way to get off. I was here for tha giants, though."
>> No. 12313 edit
File 136517555463.jpg - (67.51KB , 1280x720 , karasu11.jpg )
12313
>>12312
Yalko mumbles under his breath, "Incredible."

"And what are these giants you keep mentioning?"

Last edited at 13/05/25(Sat)09:15
>> No. 12314 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
12314
"Giants rule this land," Grisle answers simply, as if that explained everything. "Now, I've been good and answered yer questions, how about mine? I ain't never seen your kind here." As he says this, his eyes dart from Yalko, to Sureiya, to Aghanim and Samel.
>> No. 12315 edit
File 136533439580.jpg - (67.56KB , 1280x720 , karasu7b.jpg )
12315
"What do you wish to know? I have already told you our purpose. We flew here on these birds from the land below."
>> No. 12316 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
12316
The old dragonborn seems to be getting grouchy. "I have no idea what this 'Order of Blue Fire' you're talkin' about is, ya'see? Never heard of an 'earth mote' either. Ya'll have some fancy words. Yer tellin' me yas came up from the surface, on those winged beasts?" He eyes the group carefully, and then says, "Elf that disappeared, eh? How long ago you talkin'? Because tha giants like to take slaves, and they have a lotta elf slaves. Maybe you'd learn more if you visited tha town up there, too noisy and busy for my tastes though."
>> No. 12317 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
12317
"Sureiya's the name." the ranger says without thinking too much about it.
"So, do those giants have a leader?"
>> No. 12318 edit
File 136480188636.jpg - (45.82KB , 1280x720 , karasu1.jpg )
12318
"Did you say town? The name is Yalko, by the way. Forgive my bluntness -- my companions and I did not expect to find any friendly inhabitants. Exactly how many of you are there, mister Grisle?"
>> No. 12319 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12319
"Oh hell, I dunno. A hundred, maybe? I'm no good with numbers. 'Town' may be generous, more like a camp? Was a city once, when it was transported here," the dragonborn replies wearily. To Sureiya's query, he says, "I heard there were two giants. Tha full story, might wanna get from someone else up above."
>> No. 12320 edit
File 136545049085.jpg - (33.71KB , 1280x720 , karasu13.jpg )
12320
Yalko lifts his arm underhanded, displaying a pair of outstretched fingers, and tilts his head slightly.

"Two giants? You mean to say there are two leaders, or...?"
>> No. 12321 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12321
"There was three... but then one died. Tha two left bound the... whatcha call it," the aged dragonborn is obviously fumbling over this, and nervously shifts in place, hunching over slightly. "Arkens or something. Look, I don't know. I try to avoid all that shit, ya'see?"
>> No. 12322 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
12322
"Maybe the Fell King made them fight?"
"So, we gotta give this place a good inspection. Where usually these freaking giants live, exactly?"
>> No. 12323 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
12323
"Hell, ask the people upstairs. I just know they're across the desert, and you'd have to be crazy to try and cross the desert," Grisle replies, clearly at the end of his patience.
>> No. 12324 edit
"I think we have all the information we need about what's going on up there," Torinn interjects, motioning for everyone to move on. "Thank you for the warning, Grisle, but we have to deal with those things, wherever or whatever they might be."
diplomacy to keep from further upsetting him http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4063622/ (29)
>> No. 12325 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12325
Torinn's diplomacy seems to pacify the angry old man, and he nods to the group as they pass by. "Damn whipper-snappers," he mutters.

Coming out of the tunnel, the group realizes that they are situated at the bottom of a sandy outcropping. Most of what you can see for miles in every direction is sandy dunes, but not too far from your location is what appears to be an oasis with several dozen tents situated around it. Exotic-looking trees surround a large lake in the center of the oasis, and there are humanoid shapes moving about in the encampment. It's a few hundred feet away, not far, though you'll have to trod up a dune to get there.
>> No. 12326 edit
"Care to do the honors, Sureiya?"
>> No. 12327 edit
"A desert huh? Well, we aren't very sane anyway."
Check the area: Perception (23) http://orokos.com/roll/116821
>> No. 12329 edit
File 136533439580.jpg - (67.56KB , 1280x720 , karasu7b.jpg )
12329
"How can they have survived so long up here, in these conditions?" As he shuffles along with the rest of the group, Yalko draws his hood long back over his head. "Especially curious considering that one seemed to have no knowledge of the surface."

Extending an arm to indicate his griffon, he adds, "If they have no transport, that could be used to our advantage..."

Last edited at 13/05/28(Tue)01:02
>> No. 12330 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12330
Upon exiting the pit, Sureiya gets a better view of the surrounding area--it seems that though the area you are standing in is desert, behind you, and in the distance, there are more of the trees, and other vegetation. It seems that while the center of the isle is a desert, around the edges, a different sort of ecosystem remains. The terrain not covered by sand doesn't look naturally formed; it seems to dip and heave at random intervals. This is certainly an earthmote that has been lifted from the ground and still lingers with the unnatural energies of the Spellplague.

As for the encampment itself, the figures Sureiya can spy are of two distinct shapes--elven, and dragonborn. It's likely you have been seen by this point, and the half-orc can make out some sort of reaction from the humanoid figures therein. They seem to be moving more quickly, and scattering a bit. Some remain, however. In the distance beyond the encampment appears to be a nigh-endless series of sand dunes.
>> No. 12337 edit
"I suppose we have little choice but to query the campfolk."

Myn speaks cheerfully, surveying the surrounding landscape.

"Although I would not object to an exhaustive survey of this lush and inviting environment."
>> No. 12338 edit
"I suggest approaching them slowly. By land. Show we mean no harm."
>> No. 12339 edit
"I agree with both of you, but I strongly recommend to stay on your guard. We do not know what are their intentions yet,"He picks up some sands and slowly let it run through his hand "or if there are any form of traps in this sand."
>> No. 12341 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
12341
"Traps?" Says Sureiya, finally getting down from his griffon and placing his helmet inside the magical bag.
"I doubt they would place any kind of traps near of their residential area.
Torinn, there should be at least one tough here who isn't afraid of fighting back those damn Giants. That kind of person would be more likely to help us."
>> No. 12342 edit
"With due respect, can you think of any reason why those giants would let these people live outside of the cavern, if not of any form of traps? But you don't need to since we will see for ourselves soon enough. Just stay on your guard partner."
>> No. 12343 edit
Audio 05_-_Rabao_.mp3 - (6.14MB , 05 - Rabao .mp3 )
12343
The group decides to slowly approach the camp site. As you move out of the pit, each of you notices that the air currents here are strange--and strong. The air seems to flow upwards, and swirls around--it's as if about 10 or so feet straight up, the air begins to swirl into a massive vortex towards the center of the earthmote. It unnerves your griffons especially, and they begin to act somewhat disturbed, occasionally refusing to move and trying to head back to the tunnel. After some effort, you are able to reach the front of the camp site, and are greeted by dragonborn clad in old metal armor scraps and wielding hastily-worked weapons, with a rank of elves behind them using somewhat crudely crafted bows and leather rags.

One particular dragonborn steps forward, his blue scales looking fresh (he must be fairly young), and he says, "Who the hell are you? Where did you come from?"
>> No. 12344 edit
File 13700981103.jpg - (45.90KB , 1280x720 , karasu2.jpg )
12344
After his hood's repeated dislodging from the swirling winds, Yalko lowers his hand clasping it, seemingly giving up. Instead, he holds his hand before his chest and gives a slight bow to the dragonborn.

"Easy now, we mean you no harm, I assure you." As he speaks, Yalko rises from his bow, looking the dragonborn in the eye. "My name is Yalko Malik. My companions and I have made our way here from the surface to investigate an elf's disappearance, and we were told they may have been taken as a slave. We would be greatly indebted if you could explain the situation here to us, and we will offer what help we can as fair exchange."

Bluff check for Yalko's lie about the group's reason for coming to the earth mote: 1d20+29: 37 http://orokos.com/roll/117491
Diplomacy check to reassure the dragonborn: 1d20+29-2: 38 http://orokos.com/roll/117492 (bluff check with -2 penalty according to level 5 Black-Hearted Knave theme feature)


Last edited at 13/06/01(Sat)07:50
>> No. 12345 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
12345
Yalko's words don't seem to soothe the dragonborn much. If anything they just seem to agitate him. "Yeah, right. You show up out of nowhere, after all these years, and expect me to buy that? This is clearly another one of the giant's tricks!" he calls back to the militia rallied behind him. Despite his words, however, he does seem to have relaxed somewhat, and his posture is no longer one of immediate aggression. He points a sword at Torinn and announces, "You there, answer. I've never seen you before. Where'd you come from?"
>> No. 12346 edit
File 136542262256.jpg - (49.48KB , 1280x720 , karasu15.jpg )
12346
The kenku leans back slightly, recoiling at the dragonborn's accusatory words. His head makes some jolted movements - observing the rallied militia - before turning to Torinn, following the young dragonborn's sword.
>> No. 12347 edit
Aghanim snaps to attention, eyeing the encampment with some interest.

Nature should be +1 it's a +11 mod.
http://orokos.com/roll/117503

Can I use any to assess the strength of the group surrounding us? If not, standard check for motives, determine state of land and search for magic.

>> No. 12348 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12348
Aghanim: You aren't able to get much of a read on their motives, but they don't seem eager to get into a fight, at least after Yalko's diplomacy. As for their strength, it's doubtful this assembled militia poses much threat, as there's only slightly over half-a-dozen and they don't look particularly well-armed, though they do look like they're ready to defend themselves if necessary. One of the elves looks to be a divine caster, but you sense no magic traps or active spells.
>> No. 12349 edit
File 13132836526.png - (462.03KB , 850x1044 , Astaroth-sensei color.png )
12349
>>12345
Once again surprised by how people here are so untrusting of not-giants, Torinn thumps his chest with his fist, his plate armor making a hollow ringing noise. With their eyes on him, he speaks loudly, "I come from the Tymanther capital of Djerad Thymar. My name is Torinn Tormine, of the Tormine clan of artisans. We're here seeking the Elemental Leylines, to find and stop a madman who would engulf all of eastern Faerun in war. And we've met with another dragonborn named Grisle who tells us you have a giant problem?"

Take 10 on diplomacy for 25 diplomacy
>> No. 12350 edit
File 136533439580.jpg - (67.56KB , 1280x720 , karasu7b.jpg )
12350
At Torinn's mention of the leylines, Yalko slowly lowers his head, his eyes closed. A few moments later, he opens his eyes with a start and he mutters, "War?"

Last edited at 13/06/01(Sat)11:15
>> No. 12354 edit
Dice Roll : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4073359/ (22)
>> No. 12355 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12355
It would appear the combined efforts of Torinn and Yalko have stymied any hostilities--for now, at least. "Never heard of this--Tymanther. Or most of the rest of what you said. So you mean to say you came from off this levitating island?" replies the blue-scaled dragonborn.

Suddenly, the elf in the back clad in ragged white robes with a silver trim places his hand on the shoulder of the blue-scaled dragonborn, and pushes his way past. He regards you with a stern expression--from his face, he shows some signs of age, with a scar covering one of his golden eyes. Most of his hair appears to be missing, which is odd for an elf. He takes over the talking, saying, "That sounds very important, but you'll have to forgive us for not buying into it all so easily. We live a life of isolation, and know nothing of what transpires in the outside world."
>> No. 12356 edit
Torinn looks between the two and thinks. From what he remembers of his history, Tymanther was displaced into Faerun around the time the Spellplague happened. That was around 1385 DR. And this is 1479 DR, meaning...
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but have you been stuck on this floating rock since it first started floating, almost one hundred years ago?"
>> No. 12357 edit
Audio 15_-_Anxiety.mp3 - (4.46MB , 15 - Anxiety.mp3 )
12357
"Yes. For the dragonborn among us, and for many of the other elves as well, their parents and grandparents were stuck here since then," the elf replies.
>> No. 12358 edit
"To say the least, much has changed since then. Tymanther itself was displaced from elsewhere around the same time as these floating islands started, well, floating, if I recall correctly."

Wait, they're not here to give history lessons to people stranded on floating islands.

"Anyway, could you tell us more about these giants?"
>> No. 12359 edit
File 130160247175.png - (85.38KB , 291x478 , kan_defa2.png )
12359
"There's something important we have to find here" the ranger adds. "And there's a chance the giants are already making use of it."
>> No. 12360 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12360
The elf cleric seems to absorb this onslaught of knowledge a bit hesitantly, yet respectfully, and nods his approval. "Well, I could tell you... but I think you'd do better to hear from our local sage, in the archives. She'd do better than I... I can lead you there. I should warn you, though... these stories are not going to be easy for the people here to accept. We've been isolated for nearly a century, living on the fringes."
>> No. 12361 edit
File 137022117453.jpg - (46.35KB , 1280x720 , hyperrealistickarasu1.jpg )
12361
"We understand our presence will be difficult to accept. But, whatever we may say about the surface, my elven friend, let these flying beasts that accompany us be evidence that from there we have come. If you have truly been stranded up here for generations without any means of returning, then they are a foreign sight. I wager no giant's slave, or whatever the people here would assume us to be, would linger here once given wings to escape." Yalko tilts his head slightly as he observes the elf. "Assuming there is nothing else keeping you here."

"...But enough of that." The kenku crosses his robed arms and takes a couple of steps towards the cleric. "Please lead us to your sage, if you would."
>> No. 12362 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
12362
In lieu of commentary from the remainder of the group, the guards nervously escort the party through the encampment, at the behest of the elf cleric. From what you can tell of the camp, the inhabitants eke out a meager, yet relatively safe life here, as there seem to be adequate food stores and even some livestock (mostly camels and chickens) that have no doubt adapted to the desert life. There's very little in the way of luxury or entertainment, however, and the sage's large tent containing racks of books is one of the few. You are led into the tent, and stand among the rows of bookshelves as the cleric says, "One moment. I will go speak with the sage." The guards are outside, and the elf has gone to get the sage, so you have a brief moment to confer amongst yourselves if you so wish.
>> No. 12365 edit
"Go you and talk with the Sage." motions Sureiya to the rest of the group. "I'll stay with the griffons."

Last edited at 13/06/03(Mon)11:34
>> No. 12366 edit
File 137028598330.jpg - (75.25KB , 1280x720 , karasu17c.jpg )
12366
Before entering the tent, Yalko gives a nod to the half-orc. "You read the air well."

Inside, as his beady eyes follow the elf's departure, Yalko makes another comment. "War, mister Tormine? Being held at sword-point loosens your tongue quite a bit. If presenting a cover story was presumptuous, forgive me. I simply wished to provide your mission some secrecy."

Last edited at 13/06/03(Mon)12:00
>> No. 12367 edit
>>12366

Uncrossing his arms to pat the bird-thing's shoulder lightly, Myn speaks without concern.

"I am sure that our companion merely thought it unlikely that a small camp stranded on an earthmote should be in a position to spread information around."

Telepathy->Yalko:"While he is useful in battle, it would be wise to expect little foresight from this one."
>> No. 12369 edit
File 137032521927.jpg - (52.85KB , 1280x720 , karasu18.jpg )
12369
Twitching slightly as his shoulder is touched, Yalko replies, "I am sure of the same. I did not mean to criticize, it would be out of place. I think it would be wise however to not assume just yet that this community has truly been cut off for a whole century."

As the group waits, Yalko begins to survey the surrounding bookshelves.

Telepathy->Myn:That seems clear. We are lucky the difference in our stories didn't arouse any more suspicion from the camp.

Yalko looks to see if he can find any interesting books, or books relevant to the current situation.

Last edited at 13/06/03(Mon)23:01
>> No. 12371 edit
"No need to apologize," Torinn replies. "I'm not particularly good at lying. I figured that mentioning the bare bones of what we were here for was enough. And looking around, these people hardly seem to be receiving favors from some dark, otherworldly force."
>> No. 12372 edit
File 137039141374.jpg - (92.31KB , 634x1260 , Mion_Sonozaki_c__by_Animepwnsyou.jpg )
12372
Samel sighs
"I must agree with you, these people doesn't look like the type of people who will cause us trouble after all."
>> No. 12373 edit
File 136417388794.jpg - (104.25KB , 900x555 , mion_sonozaki___again_by_its_ida-d302n7s.jpg )
12373
He looks at the bookshelves, thinks a little bit and then says to the the group.

"I am intrigued by the kind of stories the sage will tell us. He must be their leader, or at least a person in a position of taking decisions. I recommend to not anger him, if they want to hide something from us, he is the best person to do so. At the same time, if he acknowledges our presence not as a treat, things will be easier."
Samel murmurs to himself
"I wish I could have some time with the cleric, I think I could get more information from him, in exchange of information from the outside world."

>> No. 12374 edit
File 136625002691.jpg - (125.22KB , 490x520 , karasu8b_s.jpg )
12374
As he continues to browse the bookshelves, Yalko replies to the others, "They do seem harmless thus far, I agree."

He pauses for a moment before continuing.

"Also, I believe the elf said the sage was a 'she', mister Samel."

Last edited at 13/06/04(Tue)18:08
>> No. 12375 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
12375
Still watching over the griffons, Sureiya approaches and tries to talk with one of the guards outside of the camp.
"Yo. Could ya tell me how frequently do you have to deal with giants in this place?"
>> No. 12377 edit
Audio 2-4_People_Who_Threw_Away_the_Will_to_Live.mp3 - (1.43MB , 2-4 People Who Threw Away the Will to Live.mp3 )
12377
The blue-scaled dragonborn from before regards Sureiya with a bit of suspicion, but replies, "Giants haven't bothered with us, and we can only hope it stays that way."

After a few moments, the elf cleric returns to the rest of the group, with an eldery dragonborn female. She is wearing what appear to be somewhat clean white robes with a blue trim, and it looks like one of her eyes is a glass eye. She runs her tongue over her lips nervously as she speaks, "You've come... from the outside world..." The elf cleric helps her over to a desk, where she has a seat. She withdraws the hood of her robe, and you can see a prominent mark on her head that seems to emanate an intangible blue flame. A spellscar. "It has been decades since an outsider set foot on our lands... not since we called forth the giants, who betrayed us."

The elf cleric places a hand on her arm, and leans over, speaking to her in a low voice, "Please, milady. We don't know if this is a trick yet. They've already given two different stories about their purpose here--"

"There's little harm in sharing what the giants already know," replies the aged dragonborn. She turns to address the party again, saying, "I am Grougmina, one of the last of the house of Litmar."

You may make History checks to attempt to learn what she's referring to. Torinn receives a +5 bonus based on his background.
>> No. 12378 edit
File 136498106825.jpg - (66.81KB , 1280x720 , karasu7.jpg )
12378
History check: 1d20+9: 29 http://orokos.com/roll/118231
>> No. 12380 edit
History check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4077238/ 19
>> No. 12381 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12381
History: Both Torinn and Yalko have heard of Litmar--in the pre-Spellplague era, they were an influential noble house based in the city of Cala, of the Tymanchebar province. That city vanished at the onset of the Spellplague, and the noble house hasn't been heard from since. It was assumed to have been completely destroyed.
>> No. 12382 edit
File 137058209629.png - (1.27MB , 1280x720 , hyperrealistickarasu2.png )
12382
"We are humbled to make your acquaintance, lady Grougmina. Having broken his silence, Yalko returns a book to its shelf and draws in closer to the sage.

"As for your elf friend's warning, you will have to forgive us if we tell different tales at sword-point - we are hesitant to share information with strangers, no less than you are. One named Grisle mentioned there was once a city here. If you are from the house of Lithmar, am I to take it he meant Cala?"
>> No. 12383 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12383
Grougmina seems impressed by Yalko's professed knowledge of their history, and replies, "Yes... the truth of the matter is, that city was all but destroyed in the war we fought against the air elemental, Val'Akir. And then we were driven from the ruins when the storm giant brothers, Thoradin and Lokenal, betrayed us. Those who did not escape were enslaved or killed."
>> No. 12384 edit
File 136517555463.jpg - (67.51KB , 1280x720 , karasu11.jpg )
12384
"So the giants we have heard so much talk of were meant to aid you in your war against the air elemental, Val'Akir?" As Yalko's gaze focuses for a few moments on the old sage's flaming scar, he tries to recall any knowledge of elementals he possesses concerning the name Val'Akir. His pondering carries over to his speech, giving the name some emphasis.

Arcana check: 1d20+14: 34 http://orokos.com/roll/118945

"If they were the center of the last dealing you had with the surface, then the caution your people show us is understandable. A moment ago you said the giants were called forth - how?"

Last edited at 13/06/08(Sat)07:37
>> No. 12385 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
12385
"That doesn't sound right" says Sureiya, a little skeptic. "I just heard this place was ruled by Giants, but you aren't fighting each other? No wonder why we look so suspicious then."

The ranger makes a pause, thinking in how to reassure the blue scaled guard they aren't looking to fight them. Finding no fancy words on his mind, he just bluntly expresses himself.
"We mean no harm for your people. Those Giants might have something we're looking for."
>> No. 12386 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12386
Yalko: Yalko doesn't know much about Val'Akir in particular, never heard the name. However, it sounds as if this Val'Akir was an elemental lord, a very powerful air elemental that leads vast armies of other elemental creatures such as archons. If it waged a war against a city by itself, it must have commanded considerable forces.

"The pact of Nilihorn," the sagely dragonborn explains, reclining slightly. "In our losing struggle against Val'Akir, one of the elven elders, Nilihorn, proposed calling upon storm giants via an ancient pact ritual that was devised by them at some point prior to the cataclysm. We called three--the two brothers I already mentioned, and their father, Odithan. However, the father fell in the final battle against Val'Akir, and after the elemental was sealed away, they turned on us and enslaved much of the populace by somehow taking control of Val'Akir's armies. We attempted to fight them for a time, but eventually we were forced to flee."
>> No. 12387 edit
File 136553609265.jpg - (81.83KB , 1280x720 , karasu10c.jpg )
12387
"Then the elementals we fought in the skies around the mote - this piece of earth - must have been allied with the giants."

Yalko's head flits temporarily in the direction of the elven seer, before returning to the elderly dragonborn.

"The people outside were convinced our appearance was part of some ploy of the giants. I take it you hardly saw the last of them after fleeing?"
>> No. 12388 edit
"Speaking of ploys, the very idea that you'd consider such a thing in the first place makes me wonder : are the giants cunning, and have they tried other such trickery in the past?"
>> No. 12389 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12389
"In truth, there is no direct evidence that the giants have moved against us after we fled," the sage says carefully. The nearby cleric and others tense up a bit at this, and she adds, "That has not convinced us that we should lower our guard, however. The attack of the two was... sudden, and unexpected. Many believe the giants would attack us if they could, but, Val'Akir's curse on the desert that separates us perhaps keeps them at bay..."

>> No. 12390 edit
History check on Val'Akir's Curse : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4083526/ (21)
>> No. 12392 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
12392
>>12390
Torinn hasn't heard of Val'Akir's curse. On the other hand, potent curses on people or places are not unheard of in stories, and usually tied to beings of great power, which this Val'Akir may be.
>> No. 12393 edit
>>12392
"What manner of curse?"
>> No. 12395 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
12395
The elf cleric is becoming increasing on edge during the questioning, and actually places both hands on the table at Torinn's question, interjecting, "Milady, if the giants were to find a way to circumvent the curse..."

For her part, Grougmina sighs, somewhat resigned. She holds up a hand to cut off the elf, and says, "The desert is vast, and it's at least a three-to-four day journey on foot from here to the former city site. As one crosses, the curse renders you weaker and weaker. Some of our people struggled for weeks under its effects before it finally lifted. It seemed unnaturally resistant to our attempts to remove it via magic."

Samel (Passive Insight): You sense that Grougmina is hiding something, or holding some information back, related to the curse.
>> No. 12396 edit
File 137093404622.jpg - (52.58KB , 640x480 , d2FIh.jpg )
12396
Sensing something amiss on the sage's words, Samel comments

"Honorable Grougmina, if you do not mind, I would like to discuss with my friends about a matter that cannot wait. I promise it won't take long, and I do not want to discuss about unrelated matters in your presence."

Last edited at 13/06/11(Tue)00:11:38
>> No. 12397 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12397
The sage tilts her head and replies, "Of course." The elf cleric turns his suspicious gaze directly on the party.
>> No. 12398 edit
File 136625002691.jpg - (125.22KB , 490x520 , karasu8b_s.jpg )
12398
Yalko meets the elf's gaze for a few moments, before turning to his deva companion. "Is there some trouble, mister Samel? Perhaps we should return to Sureiya outside for a moment. I can assume he will want to know what we have learned."
>> No. 12400 edit
File 137099656987.png - (187.66KB , 474x455 , mion78.png )
12400
Samel avoids the cleric gaze as he turns around to look at the party. He seems serious about it. He answers Yalko

"Yes, that's a good idea. Those willing to hear me out should come outside. I will go ahead."

Once Samel is outside he gives a sign to Sureiya asking him to go where Samel is.
>> No. 12401 edit
File 136480188636.jpg - (45.82KB , 1280x720 , karasu1.jpg )
12401
Yalko gives a bow to the elf cleric.

"You will have to excuse us for a moment, then."

Having said that, Yalko turns to duck out of the tent, setting his beady eyes on Sureiya and the griffons as he joins Samel outside.
>> No. 12403 edit
File 137102669397.jpg - (12.60KB , 432x346 , 15625611651.jpg )
12403
"These guys so edgy they would even cut a piece of cloth."
Glad to see his comrades back, Sureiya replies to Yalko's glance with a grumble.

"So? Did you learn anything useful?"
>> No. 12404 edit
File 136498274427.jpg - (35.99KB , 1280x720 , karasu5.jpg )
12404
"All we learned was regarding the feud the islanders have with their giants, who were once their allies. It seems they are separated, to their benefit, by a curse."

Yalko sighs, turning looking alternatively from Sureiya to any other group members gathered.

"Mister Samel had something he wished to discuss in private, but firstly, where is the device you were using to track the leyline?"
>> No. 12406 edit
File 132261054678.png - (134.65KB , 850x885 , deskflip.png )
12406
Giving an apologetic look to Grougmina and her attendant, Torinn says, "We'll be right back," before heading outside to join the others. At Yalko's mention of the leyline tracking device, he pulls it out of his bag and shows it to the group. Torinn keeps a firm grip on it as he explains, "From what Sid explained, the leyline is in the direction that the arrow is pointing." To demonstrate, he switches it on.
>> No. 12407 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
12407
On Torinn's device, the arrow points in the direction of the vast desert east of the camp.
>> No. 12408 edit
File 136468928599.png - (190.22KB , 474x455 , mion82.png )
12408
Samel makes sure that none of the guards are listening before speaking. He is happy to see that Yalko, Torinn and Sureiya came to hear what he has to say.

"My friends, first of all I want to apologize for bringing even more suspicion on us by doing this intervention. However, don't you feel it too? Something is wrong here. I may be older than anyone of the group, but I always could feel when someone is hiding something from me and this sage is not telling us everything she should know about the curse. Maybe she is even hiding something from us."
>> No. 12409 edit
File 136869943922.jpg - (81.49KB , 1280x720 , karasu10b.jpg )
12409
After looking briefly to the east following the device's pointing, Yalko listens to the deva's concerns, his arms crossed.

"The elf was certainly on edge at mention of the curse. If you feel they are hiding something, mister Samel, that may be related. And most unfortunately for your party, if that device is to be believed, anything obstructing the crossing of that desert has become our problem."

"These people are reluctant to trust us. If they are hiding something, it may be for their own protection, rather than anything malicious."

"We should not however be trusting of them, either." Yalko holds up his hand to arm to point a slender finger at his griffon. "Continue your guard of the the griffons if you will, Sureiya. We don't want to end up stranded here more than we already are - the curse we've been mentioning is one that inflicts fatigue on any trying to pass the desert. As they claim, neither the giants on the other side nor the villagers here can cross it. But enough of that. Unless there are more things to note, I think the rest of us should go back and have the sage tell us whatever she will, while they are still amicable."

Yalko looks up into the windy sky, taking a deep breath. "We can't linger too long. ...Perhaps the giants too are simply upset about being summoned to an isolated piece of earth."

Last edited at 13/06/12(Wed)18:39:07
>> No. 12410 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
12410
The dragonborn snorts derisively at Sureiya's assurances, but none of the campfolk make an effort to follow the group as they move to secluded area and talk.
>> No. 12411 edit
File 130077139413.png - (79.20KB , 320x240 , 129900754424.png )
12411
After listening to Samel and Yalko's concerns, the ranger adds.
"So that's what has been keeping the giants from raiding this place, huh. Well it sounds rather dangerous, but if the sage isn't willing to talk then we'll have to investigate by our own."

Last edited at 13/06/12(Wed)21:52:31
>> No. 12412 edit
File 129800394717.jpg - (92.59KB , 361x378 , Ain\'t Nothin\' Like The Real Thing.jpg )
12412
"That could be a problem," Torinn muses. "Not just that they don't trust us, but that there's something more to that 'curse' than just making somebody weaker." Maybe it's his nearness to home putting him on edge, or disrespect from his own species bringing up bad memories. Either way, Torinn lets himself back in without the rest of the group. The dragonborn begins speaking candidly to Grougmina, "Listen, I know that you don't trust us, but I'd like to reiterate that we're not in league with the giants. Hells, unless they're fire or frost or thunder giants, giants aren't clever enough to come up with something like deception or espionage, and too destructive to plan anything beyond smashing things! You said yourself that they've never done any such trickery before, so why is our being part of a massive deception for their benefit more likely than us being here and not on their payroll? The very notion that we're part of one of their ploys is just..."

Torinn takes a breath to calm himself, then continues in a more relaxed voice, "As it turns out, our goal is across that desert. While some would say that the odds of us encountering the very giants you speak of are one in a million, I'd say that million to one chances crop up nine times out of ten; that is, they are certainly going to be in our way as mutual enemies. Is there anything else you could tell us about them and how to reach them?"

Convincing needs diplomacy, so : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4087452/ (28)

Last edited at 13/06/13(Thu)15:17:53
>> No. 12413 edit
File 137116226383.jpg - (40.43KB , 700x466 , who the hell is this karasu.jpg )
12413
Quick to follow Torinn back in, the kenku simply watches the ranting silently not far from the tent's entrance before stepping forward and adding, "...consider also that we can help you with more than just the giants. Perhaps we can arrange some aid from the surface, or take you back with us."
>> No. 12414 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
12414
The sage looks surprised at first, but the calmly endures Torinn's onslaught and replies, "...Storm giants. The three we called were storm giants. They are certainly cunning enough to attempt something like this..." She shifts her gaze to Yalko. "You would offer us a way back to the surface. Certainly, we would like to accept, yet--"

The nearby elf slams a fist down on the table and leans over, interposing himself between the sage and the adventurers, "We will not abandon those the giants have enslaved!"

"...calm yourself, Thalin," the elderly dragonborn woman instructs in a calm, collected voice. The elf reluctantly withdraws, and miss Grougmina begins speaking once more, her hands folded in front of her, "It's true. We appreciate your offer of help, but we cannot leave so many of our people here, still serving as the giants' slaves. The elves have a legend--"

"Lady Grougmina--!" the elf tries to interrupt once more, but is cut off by a sudden, stern hand gesture from the sage.

"--a legend of one they call the Windrunner. A ghostly, elven apparition that has been sighted running across the desert at incredible speeds. Since the curse has been laid over the desert, the elves report that any who have attempted to make the journey have been attacked by her..." the sage continues, but the elf called Thalin interjects--calmly, this time.

"But she does not go for the killing blow. Every group she has fought has escaped with their lives," he explains. "We believe... we believe she is testing us. Only those chosen by her, those strong enough to confront the giants, may cross the desert."

"Whether she is a visitor from another world, a ghost, or some other form of being I know not," Grougmina goes on. "Nor do we know if she is truly a kindred spirit--the elves believe in this strongly, I am not so convinced. In any case, should you seek to cross the desert, you will likely need to prove yourself to the Windrunner."
>> No. 12415 edit
File 137123979574.png - (1.30MB , 1280x720 , hyperrealistickarasu2b.png )
12415
"We thank you humbly for the information, Lady Grougmina. If it happens that our paths must cross with the giants, then allow us at that time to re-offer our assistance, but for now, we would appreciate learning any more you or your people know of the Windrunner. We are not strangers to tests of strength."

The kenku flits his head about to glance about the tent's interior. "Are there any who claim to have personally faced her?"
>> No. 12416 edit
Audio 23_-_Sometime_Somewhere.mp3 - (2.64MB , 23 - Sometime Somewhere.mp3 )
12416
The sage considers a moment, then says, "Young Jalf, a blue-scaled dragonborn, has led several attempted excursions to the other side of the desert."

"...They've already been introduced." adds Thalin.
>> No. 12417 edit
File 136498106825.jpg - (66.81KB , 1280x720 , karasu7.jpg )
12417
"The one who greeted us at the camp, mister Thalin? I think if we are to speak with him, it would be best he were told we have the sage's approval. Could I ask that you accompany us?"

Yalko gives a sideways glance to Torinn, gesturing towards him with an upturned palm. "And I think we should leave further negotiations to you, mister Torinn. That will put him most at ease."
>> No. 12418 edit
"That would probably be for the best," Torinn agrees.
>> No. 12419 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12419
The sage nods to the elf cleric, "Go with them, Thalin, to inform Jalf that they have my approval."

Reluctantly, Thalin moves to follow Torinn.
>> No. 12420 edit
"So I guess you had more luck this time, huh?"
>> No. 12421 edit
File 136498274427.jpg - (35.99KB , 1280x720 , karasu5.jpg )
12421
Yalko nods.

"At least we have learned there is more to the desert than a curse. Come along, we're to speak with someone who has tried crossing it personally - the dragonborn from earlier."
>> No. 12422 edit
"Something else you say? Sounds interesting, let's talk with that guy again then." Says Sureiya, rejoining the group.
>> No. 12423 edit
File 137136244922.jpg - (26.49KB , 1280x720 , karasu19.jpg )
12423
"Interested as I thought you would be, Sureiya." Passing Sureiya, Yalko begins to make his way back towards where they encountered the young dragonborn. "You may find this development more to your liking."
>> No. 12424 edit
File 137136414147.gif - (307.97KB , 325x400 , 289940037_649791.gif )
12424
Samel follows the group too. He wants to speak, but sees Thalin and refrains from doing so.
He thinks
"humm, they managed to do it? These people are really interesting."


Last edited at 13/06/15(Sat)23:29:01
>> No. 12425 edit
Audio 15_-_Anxiety.mp3 - (4.46MB , 15 - Anxiety.mp3 )
12425
When the group approaches the blue-scaled dragonborn from before, he huffs, crosses his arms and addresses them with a "What do you want?"
>> No. 12426 edit
File 137136491018.jpg - (24.25KB , 460x345 , 115645621564531.jpg )
12426
"Just a few hours and you claim to know me well? Hah, let's see."
"I think you should update him on this matter" whispers Sureiya to the Kenku.
>> No. 12427 edit
File 137136804238.png - (1.79MB , 1280x720 , hyperrealistickarasu6.png )
12427
"You are mister Jalf, correct?" the kenku asks, before signaling Torinn with a nod.
>> No. 12428 edit
File 130195776429.png - (28.74KB , 211x186 , gotthegoods.png )
12428
"We've spoken with Grougmina," Torinn explains, gesturing to Thalin as he tries to calm the other dragonborn, "and she tells us you have encountered the one they call the 'Windrunner'. Could you tell us what you know?"

Diplomacy : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4091174/ (33)
>> No. 12429 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12429
"'Windrunner.' I see," Jalf replies, looking to Thalin.

"Go ahead, tell them what you know," the elf cleric says somewhat begrudgingly.

The blue-scaled dragonborn addresses the group sternly, and folds his arms as he says, "A while after we made camp here, I gathered up the able-bodied warriors for an assault to free the slaves. It... didn't go well. Most of my fighters were killed or taken as slaves. We holed up there a while, trying to take 'em back... but no luck. Finally, we tried to make our way back, and we were chased out of the desert by that 'Windrunner' character. Some kinda elven... spirit, or something. Not exactly a ghost, but something like that. She moved incredibly quickly, and rained arrows down on us--pulling all kinds of tricks off. We barely made it across and back to camp... next time we try to go out, we're stricken by that curse, and the Windrunner confronts us again. We repeat that a few times, and we just can't get across between the curse and her. She seems to call up some help, some other wraith-like elves, but those don't seem to have the same cunning she does, and it's obvious they merely serve her." He motions to himself, and says, "The curse... doesn't seem lethal, and the body can fight it off by itself if given enough time. A few weeks. But it leaves us in no condition to fight tough spirit-elves and giants."
>> No. 12430 edit
File 129625592147.png - (59.43KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana17.png )
12430
"Enough time?" says the ranger, interested. "We'll take care of that elf spirit, but about the curse. Did you find any way to fight it back?"
>> No. 12431 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
12431
The cleric and the dragonborn share a brief glance, then Jalf replies, "Other than waiting for it to run its course, over about a week, no. It seemed more like a magical disease or something than a curse, so say the scroll-heads, but... the way it affects anyone who enters the desert is very curse-like. That's how the other clerics described it anyway... they did a lot of research on the curse, when we first crossed over. Too bad none of those guys made it back... some of them are probably still slaves on the other side, though. We were stricken by the curse the first time we crossed over, but we managed to hole up for about a month and wait it out... it seemed to wear off at a different rate for different people, and took a whole month for everyone to finally get fixed up. We don't have the luxury of doing that anymore now that the Windrunner's patrolling the desert."

Samel (Passive Insight): Again, you get the feeling you're not getting the full story here. That glance definitely was the blue-scaled dragonborn asking if it was okay to share something--and getting told no.
>> No. 12432 edit
File 137145511787.jpg - (289.18KB , 1366x768 , 1368417772085.jpg )
12432
Musing to himself in impspeak as he prods at the sole possible listener, Myn suppresses a smile at the haplessness of these tentdwellers.

"A weak magical disease is hardly optimal for preventing travel. Perhaps strength was exchanged for scope...?

"Are you quite sure that this curse of yours is of magical origin? It seems to me as if one might succumb merely to the strain of crossing the desert itself."
>> No. 12433 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
12433
The dragonborn shakes his head and replies, "It takes about three or four days to cross to our ruined city--we could make that trip with ample food and water. While the desert itself is rather harsh and boring, that curse is definitely magical in nature."
>> No. 12434 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
12434
In response to Myn's impspeak, his book imp comes crawling out from whatever crevice it was hiding in in his robes, and pulls out its book as it comments, "I don't know a lot about curses, boss." He begins flipping through the pages, and gives a toothy grin as he adds, "...but from what I DO know, could be a lot of things. Power in exchange for scope, as you said. Maybe this entity is just too weak for something stronger. Or maybe... maybe it can't access the full scope of its power. Yeah, maybe whatever being is tied to this curse is only able to affect this world in small ways, compared to what it could if it was at full power."
>> No. 12435 edit
>>12434

Impchatter: Any novice could theorize that much, you blathering fool. You would do well to petition the imp libraries for a better book.

Despite his words, Myn temporarily ceases his prodding. "Even a loathsome tool is bearable if it can be used."
>> No. 12436 edit
File 13715336207.jpg - (142.79KB , 736x1000 , PZO8500-ImpFamiliar.jpg )
12436
The imp tries to straighten itself after being jarred out of position by the warlock's constant prodding--it adjusts its tiny glasses and flips through its book some more, and adds in a strangely cheerful voice, "Heh. Well, the way I see it, boss, these people think that Val'Akir thing, the elemental, is causing the curse. But they said it was sealed away, yeah? See, if a magic seal's done right, Val'Akir shouldn't be able to affect this world at all. So either they're wrong about that, or there's some problem with the seal." The imp suddenly grins, then says, "Magic powerful enough to seal an elemental lord outta this world... gotta have some kinda big cost. Ya'see where I'm going with this? Not talking about spell components here. Maybe that storm giant that died was part of the cost. Explains a few things, don't ya think? Too bad they screwed it up, heh heh heh."
>> No. 12437 edit
File 137153908192.png - (148.70KB , 474x455 , mion80.png )
12437
This time Samel concentrates on the cleric. He makes a serious face.

"I can't help but guess there's something else you could tell us about this curse."

Samel takes his holy symbol from his hand and shows it to the cleric.

"As a follower of Oghma, let me remind you that my god first and most important dogma is the seeking of knowlegde. I understand the value of knowledge very well, and this time we need you to share yours with us."

(aid another)Diplo check :1d20+8: 15 [1d20=7]http://orokos.com/roll/120333

Last edited at 13/06/18(Tue)00:16:35
>> No. 12438 edit
Torinn folds his arms over his chest and stands tall, saying, "Understand that if you want us to help you, whether it be defeating the giants, rescuing prisoners, or both, you need to be honest with us. Is there anything else you can tell us about this curse?"

Diplomacy : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4093964/ (29)
>> No. 12439 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12439
Jalf and Thalin exchange another look, then the blue-scaled dragonborn faces you again, shaking his head. "Yer paranoid. Look, if yer not with the giants, I wish you luck out there. Do what you gotta do. ...That's all." With that, the two of them walk away, with the elf heading back to the seer's tent, and the dragonborn going back to where he met you at the front of the encampment, overlooking the tunnels.

It's at about that time you hear a "Pssst! coming from a nearby tent. A small, female voice asks of you, "Are they gone yet?"
>> No. 12440 edit
Wary of voices asking if they're alone, Torinn takes a moment to respond, replying, "Yes. Who is asking?"
>> No. 12441 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12441
A young, maybe early-teenage (relatively) elven girl in a simple dark green frock emerges from the tent, and nods to the dragonborn. Though she looks more than slightly intimidated by the group of heavily armed adventurers, she manages to maintain her composure and speaks, "Th-the sage sent me. She had a message for you, when those other two were gone."

Taking a deep breath, she continues, "Sh-she wanted me to tell you about what happened when Jalf and his party first c-crossed the desert. The city was r-ruined, pretty much completely--the giants leveled every building. Everything w-we built was... destroyed. S-so they built a monument in front of the city--a shining b-beacon to what was lost. B-but they were still afflicted by the desert's curse... a-and that's when the clerics got an idea. They studied the curse intensely, a-and managed to enchant the monument with a potent ritual. I-it now shines brilliantly, and those that rest within its confines will be cleansed of the desert's curse within a matter of moments--they c-call it the 'Light of the Desert.' Th-they reactivated some o-of the golems we built to help guard the city, which now g-guard the monument. H-however, the clerics that studied the curse and created the monument were all k-killed or enslaved in the following attack. W-we do not wish knowledge of the monument to spread t-to the giants--but a-as far as we can tell, after destroying the city, they holed up in the ruined m-mansion-turned-palace up the mountain path from the city, a-and have not left. Th-the place where Val'Akir is sealed away."
>> No. 12442 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
12442
"Well, then we'll have to find that monument." Sureiya replies, thanking the elf with a polite nod. "So that's what has everyone here so worried, huh. If that light ritual is really effective, then the giants could also use it."
>> No. 12443 edit
"If you could give us directions to that place, that would aid us immensely," Torinn replies, "You have our thanks." He addresses Sureiya's concern with a thought: "If they knew how to use it, they'd already have crossed the desert, I'd think."

Last edited at 13/06/19(Wed)17:10:52
>> No. 12444 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12444
"Directions... wh-when you cross the desert, you'll see the palace atop a hill in the horizon. It's the o-only structure that tall for miles," she explains. "O-once you see the palace, head for that, and w-work your way around the city walls. The m-monument is a few miles down the walls from the palace, o-on the side facing the desert. Th-there's a big hole in the city wall right there, y-you can't miss it."
>> No. 12445 edit
File 137169174176.png - (1.80MB , 1280x720 , hyperrealistickarasu4.png )
12445
Having observed for a while, the kenku steps forward. "A hole in the city wall? I see. If that is all you have to tell us, you can hurry back to the sage to deliver our thanks, even if the information has come late. We need to discuss this amongst our party, and you do not want the others in camp to know what you've told us, do you?"
>> No. 12446 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12446
Seemingly eager to get away, the elf nods quickly and runs back towards the sage's tent with a little too much haste.
>> No. 12447 edit
File 137058209629.png - (1.27MB , 1280x720 , hyperrealistickarasu2.png )
12447
After making sure the elf is out of sight, Yalko turns to the party. "Now then. It may have taken some effort, but the sage has trusted it with the full story, it seems. Or I think it safe to assume so. If you don't see any further problems, mister Samel, we should decide on our course of action."

Last edited at 13/06/19(Wed)18:42:09
>> No. 12448 edit
"Yes, I am relieved to see that the sage finally trusts us. I didn't sense any lies in the words of this one."

Last edited at 13/06/20(Thu)05:57:06
>> No. 12449 edit
While normally he'd be all for running headfirst into the situation, Torinn recognizes that crossing the desert is something of a big deal. This requires adequate preparation.

"We need to make certain we have at least enough water for the journey to and back from our destination, if not more so. And something to protect against the heat of the desert."
>> No. 12450 edit
File 13717685752.png - (1.86MB , 1280x720 , DEEP♂DARK♂KARASU.png )
12450
Yalko nods.

"Some preparations would be necessary, yes... Passing the desert will take some time."

As he continues, Yalko gestures towards his griffon, calling it to him. "See what your party can ready with the help of the people in camp, mister Torinn. In the meantime, I plan to speak with that other dragonborn - mister Grisle. It may sound strange, but I've recognized he very well may be able to help us, especially in light of recent information." The kenku pauses for a moment, patting the griffon's folded wings. "With adequate bargaining, that is. Shall we meet up in a couple of hours?"

Bluff check for Yalko's lie about wanting to speak with Grisle: 1d20+29: 48 http://orokos.com/roll/120631

Last edited at 13/06/20(Thu)15:51:48
>> No. 12451 edit
"Good idea

Sureiya, if you want to look around, I can take charge of the griffons during that time.

To be honest, I am interested in the bookshelf that we saw earlier. It won't be a problem at all."

Last edited at 13/06/21(Fri)09:20:16
>> No. 12452 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
12452
Checking his griffon's saddlebag, Sureiya finds a peculiar water canteen, then he opens it and give it a drink.
"I was only concerned about our water supply, but Highwind made sure to give us those enchanted canteens. I'll stay with the griffons, just be sure to be fast with whatever you need to do."
>> No. 12453 edit
File 137185603512.png - (1.11MB , 1280x720 , karasu.png )
12453
"Very well, Sureiya, I'll be as quick as possible. If however those blades of yours grow impatient, feel free to get a head start. I take it your party won't be hard to catch up to, under the effects of the curse."

Yalko gives a wave to the party - or perhaps to Myn. "Don't get beaten, now." he adds, before turning to head back towards the tunnel.
>> No. 12454 edit
Audio 23_-_Sometime_Somewhere.mp3 - (2.64MB , 23 - Sometime Somewhere.mp3 )
12454
With the group dispersing temporarily, Yalko heads off "to speak with Grisle," Torinn finds that desert clothing can be obtained quite easily--the people here don't seem to be interested in coin, and generally tell Torinn that he can take what he needs, within reason.

Samel engrosses himself in the collection of ancient tales the sage has stored in her shelves, and Sureiya stands guard over the remaining griffons. Hours pass, but Yalko doesn't return.
>> No. 12455 edit
Torinn procures six sets of desert clothes fairly easily. And begins the wait for Yalko.

After several hours pass, he asks Myn,
"Do you think he's coming back?"
>> No. 12456 edit
File 133986217897.jpg - (548.71KB , 2480x3507 , goldenland.jpg )
12456
"...I didn't think of anything back then. But why did he leave with a griffon? Myn, wasn't he a friend of yours?"
>> No. 12457 edit
File 137196187097.gif - (0.96MB , 450x254 , 1363278978275.gif )
12457
Myn's face blankly expresses his lack of answers.

"Perhaps he was flying and fell off."
>> No. 12458 edit
File 137198156872.jpg - (226.91KB , 400x588 , Mion_by_boogie_kun.jpg )
12458
"We have been waiting for hours. Let's go ask that Grisle where he went after they spoke."
>> No. 12459 edit
>>12458
"Indeed. I've got a bad feeling about this."

Giving everyone their harsh weather gear, Torinn leads everyone back to where they encountered the other dragonborn.
>> No. 12460 edit
Accepting the desert clothes, Sureiya agrees and follows the rest to find the edgy dragonborn from before.
>> No. 12461 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12461
In agreement, the party returns with their newly-found desert wraps to discuss matters with the slightly deranged hermit of a dragonborn. Keeping their griffons with them, they return to the tunnels and confront the aged dragonborn. He is back in his hovel of a dwelling, but exits once you call for him.

"Eh? Wot? I didn't talk to no one, not since the lot you were here before," Grisle explains once questioned. "I thought I heard someone goin' by a little while ago, but it was gone quick enough so I didn't go lookin'."
>> No. 12462 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
12462
"...it seems we have been tricked. Good thing he was your friend, eh Myn." Says Sureiya, trying to forget about the stolen griffon and preparing back to get into the desert.
>> No. 12463 edit
Torinn thanks Grisle and has the group head back. He looks warily between the other group members, stating the obvious : "It looks like Yalko hornswoggled us all."

That made him a liar, a deserter, and a thief. Grinding his teeth in frustration, the dragonborn says, "Unfortunately, we have more important tasks ahead, such as crossing the desert."

Last edited at 13/06/23(Sun)17:22:01
>> No. 12464 edit
File 13721093445.jpg - (440.47KB , 1000x706 , ___.jpg )
12464
Samel takes one of the desert clothe and starts to inspect it. He looks at the griffons.
He sighs and tells the rest of the group.


"It's a shame. Yalko was a really interesting person..."

He looks at Torinn,
"There is something else that we need to discuss before heading to the desert. The griffons that have been helping us until now seems to be acting strange. I think that they are nervous about the sandstrom. The idea is that bringing them in the desert would only slow us down. We have to decide what we should do about them."

Last edited at 13/06/24(Mon)14:30:07
>> No. 12465 edit
Audio Final_Fantasy_09_0218_-_Tantalus_Theme.mp3 - (3.23MB , Final Fantasy 09 0218 - Tantalus Theme.mp3 )
12465
Aghanim pipes up and volunteers, "I-if it's all the same, I could stay here with the villagers and watch over the griffons. That one's betrayal was quite a shock, and I'd rather we didn't end up stranded here."
>> No. 12466 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
12466
Yalko's sudden betrayal doesn't leave Sureiya in a very trusting mood, making him question Aghanim in a dubious tone.
"Actually, you were looking for something on the earthmotes, weren't you? I assume this place wasn't what Yalko was interested in, so he decided to flee from this dangerous place."
>> No. 12467 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12467
"The archons we destroyed, they came from somewhere. Though I'd like to see it myself, I think I would be better served staying with the griffon--you can tell me by what manner the archons are commanded when you return," Aghanim replies.

Samel: When Samel was browsing the books, he uncovered a strange book that seemed to contain nothing but nonsense--the script was easy to read, and the words were common, but they appeared to be in some sort of code. The sage gladly let him take this book with him, noting that she never managed to decipher it--but it's likely that with some time and effort, perhaps when you have some downtime, it would be possible to try and decode whatever the unusual book contains.
>> No. 12468 edit
A little unsure to trust their only mean of return to a person he barely knows, Sureiya tries to ask his other companions.
"Well... it's evident those beasts would prefer to stay far from the sandstorm... Torinn, what do you think?"

Last edited at 13/06/26(Wed)11:23:50
>> No. 12469 edit
>>12468
"I suppose it's for the best," Torinn relents. "In any case, we need to get going." Torinn summons Rutger, who appears from a fog, and mounts the tiger. "To the Light of the Desert!"

Summon Celestial Battle Tiger
If no disagreements, we leave town and move on

>> No. 12473 edit
File 137239048427.png - (207.12KB , 840x1213 , demon.png )
12473
Samel thinks.
"Before Torinn goes alone like crazy to the desert, maybe... maybe I should tell them."


Happy to show the rest of the group that luck is on his side, Samel opens up the book that he has been holding since he returned.

"There is one last thing I have to tell you before we go.

I don't know if it's relevant to the curse or the storm, but I have found this book in the shelf. It looks like some sort of code or message. I can't understand it very well now, but i'm sure that given the time I will manage to decode it. "

Last edited at 13/06/27(Thu)20:36:05
>> No. 12474 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
12474
Seeing Torinn all fired up to start the trip, and pretty tired of waiting, Sureiya stands up, prepares his stuff and gives Aghanim some quick advice on how to take care of the griffons. Once's that done he seems to be more interested in the actual trip than Samel's finding.

"...Well, it sounds good man, maybe you can work on it during a break or two. We gotta leave now."
>> No. 12477 edit
File 13725033777.jpg - (37.99KB , 470x328 , egypt-sand-dunes-300632-ga.jpg )
12477
With matters settled, the group (minus Aghanim and the griffons) trudges out over the desert dunes. It isn't long into the journey that they spot the structure in the distance that the shy elf girl from before told them about, though it's too distant to make out much detail from here. Apart from that, there isn't a lot to see--there are signs of vegetation in the distance, but not in the direction of the palace, so you have little choice but to continue traveling through the desert.

The wraps protect the adventurers from the environmental dangers, and yet each of the four can't help but feel there is some "power" in the air that is slowly but surely sapping their strength at a just-barely noticeable rate. Luckily, some tents and camping supplies were packed in the griffon's saddlebags, so the group has tools to make a small camp when darkness begins to fall over the land. The wind howls and whistles over your heads, and you can instantly tell that trying to fly over the dunes would be a terrible idea.

It's about to get dark, you can discuss stuff or do anything you might want to do before going to sleep for the night. It'd also be a good idea to have a watch rotation.
>> No. 12478 edit
File 137261941986.png - (93.63KB , 362x619 , 1338116589146.png )
12478
Crossing the desert is barely a challenge for the ranger, which is suspicious, as Amn isn't particularly known for its hot weather. On the other hand, the curse is starting to worry him. "So that damn spirit won't attack us until the curse has weakened us?!"

"You guys go to sleep. I'll wake up Myn in two hours or something."
>> No. 12479 edit
Torinn nods and readies his bedroll. Rutger stands watch in his stead until he gets tired.
>> No. 12480 edit
File 137269987087.png - (674.98KB , 800x1000 , whyyyyyy.png )
12480
As Samel prepares to sleep, he can't stop thinking about the mysterious book. Instead of sleeping, he opens it and tries to find a way to decode it.

wisdom check http://orokos.com/roll/122714
1d20+9: 10 [1d20=1]


Last edited at 13/07/01(Mon)10:31:25
>> No. 12481 edit
Audio 19_-_Hopelessness.mp3 - (3.09MB , 19 - Hopelessness.mp3 )
12481
As the group sleeps through the night, taking turns at watch, they feel their strength slowly sap away, and yet it seems mostly offset by the act of resting.

Samel doesn't make much progress with the decoding of the book, perhaps distracted by the curse seeming to take a greater hold on Torinn--the dragonborn's breath becomes ragged and labored at points, and though by morning he appears mostly normal, he can't help but still feel more winded than he should given the rest period. He seems to be having a great deal of difficulty in recovering his strength.

http://orokos.com/roll/122908
Torinn is afflicted by the desert's curse, first phase: surge value is reduced by half.

>> No. 12482 edit
File 131232466574.png - (130.79KB , 162x170 , You Got Me So Dizzy.png )
12482
"Guys... I don't... feelsogoodrightnow."
>> No. 12483 edit
File 137283716177.jpg - (81.65KB , 640x350 , sureiyarightnow.jpg )
12483
So far, the curse doesn't seem to have strongly affected Sureiya. He wakes up in the morning a little annoyed, but not very weakened at least. Noticing the trip is going to take a while, and seeing no signals from the Elven spirit, the ranger recommends to immediately continue with the walking.
Once up and ready to go, he also asks Samel to lend him the book he was reading before, and slowly reads it on every chance he has.

Wisdom check: 25 (oh man) http://orokos.com/roll/123206
>> No. 12484 edit
File 137289642369.jpg - (123.46KB , 1280x1024 , letspostmoreguysstartingwithme.jpg )
12484
Samel is pleased to lend the book to Sureiya, since his own attempt did not provide any major result. At the same time, he has now something more important to care about and that is his friend.

He asks Torinn

"Can you walk?

We must not stay here any longer, if you can endure it, I will check it when we rest again."
>> No. 12485 edit
Taking deep, heaving breaths, Torinn climbs atop Rutger. "Walking," he starts, "will... not... be an... issue." Pointing towards the supposed light of the desert, he says, "We... should... pressonahead."
>> No. 12486 edit
Samel nods and readies himself. Just before leaving, he holds his holy symbol and murmurs "God Oghma, please protect us once again."

Last edited at 13/07/03(Wed)17:32:29
>> No. 12487 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12487
As the group gathers itself up and prepares for its journey, Sureiya discovers that between the wind, rough desert terrain, and sand, trying to read while walking isn't going to accomplish much. It's also too hard to concentrate on something as complicated as decoding when you have so many distractions.

Speaking of the wind, it seems to have picked up quite a bit in the time that you rested. It's just barely light out when you start to move, but the wind is starting to whistle and howl and you trudge through the sea of sand dunes. The way the wind suddenly picked up and is continually growing stronger seems almost... unnatural.

I will post a more extensive update tomorrow, but feel free to comment/discuss until then.
>> No. 12488 edit
"Hey... don't ya think this sandstorm is getting too strong?" says Sureiya, placing the book somewhere safe and trying to give a look around.
Perception: lol nat 4 (15) http://orokos.com/roll/123531
>> No. 12489 edit
File 13729771921.jpg - (1.89MB , 4000x1057 , Samelis60afterall.jpg )
12489
Pushing forward, the cleric takes a position behind Sureiya to use him as a shield against the wind.
"Yeah..., and it looks like it won't end soon."

Last edited at 13/07/04(Thu)16:14:00
>> No. 12490 edit
Audio 1-07_Melodies_Errant.mp3 - (4.87MB , 1-07 Melodies Errant.mp3 )
12490
After the group trudges forward for a few hours, the wind suddenly reaches its peak velocity, and whips the sand up so fast it becomes briefly difficult to see. As the party readies their weapons, the sand suddenly clears, and standing before you stands the ghostly figure of an elven woman, proud and resolute, armed with a bow. At her side stand two more elven apparitions, these males armed with longswords. However, the men seem glass-eyed and less corporal than the woman, as if they possessed no will of their own. On the opposite, the windrunner's fiery expression clearly expressed one desire, and she wordlessly points towards your assembled party.
>> No. 12491 edit
File 137304510453.png - (537.30KB , 1010x670 , desert1a.png )
12491
>>12490
As she points at the group, the two sword-wielding elves quickly move to engage before you have a chance to do anything more than ready yourselves for combat.

Initiative
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N/O-47/48, Elevation 8) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M/N-51/52) 59/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-54/55, Elevation 1) 70/70 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-7) 65/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (G-16)
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (E-14)
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (G-19)

Notes
Knowledge of the spectres and windrunner is religion or arcana.
>> No. 12492 edit
File 137304709275.png - (537.38KB , 1010x670 , desert1b.png )
12492
The two elven warriors move quickly to surround the dragonborn cavalier, one missing with its sluggish swing, but the other managing to score a solid hit against the dragonborn's exposed back, even as Rutger thrashes about. When it strikes, Torinn notices that it seems to partially fade from view, though the rest of the group doesn't seem to realize this.

It is about this time that the party begins to feel the sand beneath their feet begin to shift and move about, as if there was something buried deep within the dunes moving about...

Elf spectre 1 moves then charges Torinn with its spectral longsword but misses.
Elf spectre 2 moves then charges Torinn with its spectral longsword and hits for 16 damage, and it becomes insubstantial against Torinn's attacks until the end of its next turn.


Initiative
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N/O-47/48, Elevation 8) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M/N-51/52) 59/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-54/55, Elevation 1) 54/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-7) 65/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (G-16)
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (N-9)
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), insubstantial against Torinn's attacks

Notes
Knowledge of the spectres and windrunner is religion or arcana.
You may make a perception check as a minor action to try and locate the source of the disturbance below the sands.[/spoiler]
>> No. 12493 edit
File 137305734856.jpg - (54.63KB , 425x600 , mion5.jpg )
12493
"Are they... ghosts?! ... Fast!!"
Knowledge check on spectre. http://orokos.com/roll/123879 1d20+13: 28 [1d20=15]
Knowledge check on windrunner http://orokos.com/roll/123881 1d20+13: 21 [1d20=8]
Samel moves to flank Elf Spectre 2 at R-14.


"I won't let you do as you want!"
Samel quickly takes out is holy symbol and starts to meditate. Suddenly, he opens his eyes and fix the spectre as a light from another world outline it and starts to shine.
Samel uses astral seal on Elf spectre 2. http://orokos.com/roll/123888 1d20+17: 32 [1d20=15]

"Now is your chance! Wait, what's wrong with this sand?!"
perception check as a minor action to locate the source http://orokos.com/roll/123889 1d20+14: 21 [1d20=7]

Last edited at 13/07/05(Fri)13:54:12
>> No. 12494 edit
File 137307275819.png - (535.76KB , 1010x670 , desert1c.png )
12494
Samel: Both the spectre and the windrunner don't... seem to really be ghosts, per se. You know ghosts very well, and these aren't actually ghosts. They're more like... spirits, maybe. Some kind of elemental spirit, like a certain kind of shaman would summon. So they're not undead, they're more like aspects of something else. At least the windrunner is, the other two seem to be little more than thralls.

On the windrunner, you know little else, but the spectres you understand from observing their movements a bit--their spectral longswords allow them to become partially insubstantial against enemies they strike, which means that attacks that are not comprised of force damage will be ineffective against them (deal half damage), but only from those they strike. They will certainly soon glide across the battlefield, striking everything in their path, once they are able to get their bearings (whirling dervish is an encounter power they possess that allows them to shift their speed, using spectral longsword against each enemy the first time they enter a space adjacent to it). As an elf spirit, they move easily through rough terrain (wild step means that they ignore difficult terrain), which they can use while phasing about to surprise enemies (phase shift is a recharge power that allows them to shift their speed as a move action, gaining phasing during the movement, and gaining combat advantage against enemies whose spaces they move through).


As the deva strides into position and places a burning, holy seal on the aggressive spectre, he is able to pintpoint the source of the rumbling blow--there is a rather large disturbance down there, probably something big burrowing beneath the sands. Even as you come to realize this, the windrunner springs into action, firing a bolt that strikes Myn and shatters with such force that the warlock is knocked head-over-heels backwards. Even as the arrow explodes, she weaves her way through the sand and hurls what appears to be some sort of spectral strand that wraps around the feet of Rutger and Sureiya, binding them together in place.

Samel's astral seal hits the spectre 1, lowering its defenses by 2 and the next ally who hits it regains 6 hit points.
Samel detects a hidden creature.
The windrunner moves, then uses power shot, which CRITS Myn for 27 damage, pushes him 2 squares and knocks him prone.
The windrunner uses shackleshot, which hits Rutger and Sureiya for 3 damage and they are immobilized until the end of the windrunner's next turn.


Initiative
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-9) 34/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 59/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 54/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) resist 5 when mounted, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-7) 62/65 HP, immobilized

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (G-16)
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (N-9)
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (R-14), insubstantial against Torinn's attacks, -2 to all defenses and next ally who hits regains 6 hit points
??? (???): (J/K/L-13/14/15)

Notes
Knowledge of the spectres and windrunner is religion or arcana.
>> No. 12495 edit
File 129893909984.png - (17.27KB , 130x135 , Psycho Stare.png )
12495
Unable to get so much as a spark from his dragon breath, Torinn puts on a display of bravado. "THIS is nothing," he exclaims. "You'll see we... ... ...heroes... canstandupforourselves." Hitting the more tangible ghost spirit dead thing, he cries out, "Haveatyou,youpointyearedspectralthug."

(valiant strike against the one that's not screwing with me : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4118298/ 29, 16)
>> No. 12496 edit
File 137307275819.png - (535.76KB , 1010x670 , desert1c.png )
12496
Torinn lunges viciously with his blade, striking a clean blow on the still-corporeal spirit. Though there is no visible wound, it appears to have been distorted a bit by the blow.

Torinn's valiant strike hits the spectre 1 for 16 damage.

Initiative
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-9) 34/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 59/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 54/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) resist 5 when mounted, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-7) 62/65 HP, immobilized

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (G-16)
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (N-9), -16 HP
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (R-14), insubstantial against Torinn's attacks, -2 to all defenses and next ally who hits regains 6 hit points
??? (???): (J/K/L-13/14/15)

Notes
Knowledge of the spectres and windrunner is religion or arcana.
>> No. 12498 edit
Feeling the pain of his wound, Myn flails wildly with his super-reliable health-promoting options.


Immediate reaction prior to turn: Life Siphon off of Sureiya's damage.

Arcana check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4123302/
Minor action: Acrobat boots, stand from prone.
Minor action: Curse Spectre 2.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Spectre 2.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4123334/
Damage: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4123344/


Last edited at 13/07/08(Mon)20:30:29
>> No. 12499 edit
File 137334092314.png - (536.97KB , 1010x670 , desert1d.png )
12499
Myn (Arcana): These do not appear to be normal ghosts or undead, that much you can tell. They are very much like elemental spirits, as if they were being projected here from far away. It's difficult to tell what the windrunner may be capable of, but you know everything about the spectres that Samel does.

Myn absorbs a bit of life force from the hit Sureiya takes, and dusts some of the sand off himself as his magic boots enable him to nimbly regain his footing. Uttering a dark curse, the warlock assails one of the spectres with psychic power, feeling a rush of rejuvenating energy as his attack activates the divine seal placed upon the enemy by his cleric ally.

Myn regains 5 hit points from life siphon.
Myn stands from prone and curses spectre 2. Myn's shared agony hits spectre 2 for 20 psychic damage, allowing him to regain 6 hit points from astral seal (it only hit because of the defense penalty).


Initiative
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-9) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 59/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 54/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) resist 5 when mounted, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-7) 62/65 HP, immobilized

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (G-16)
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (N-9), -16 HP
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), -20 HP, insubstantial against Torinn's attacks, -2 to all defenses
??? (???): (J/K/L-13/14/15)

Notes
Knowledge of the spectres and windrunner is religion or arcana.
You may make a perception check as a minor action to try and locate the source of the disturbance below the sands.
>> No. 12500 edit
File 137334420992.jpg - (39.40KB , 500x291 , noses.jpg )
12500
"Just you wait I get free from here, you bastard!"
Trying to escape from the Windrunner's strand to no use, Sureiya throws his flying blade against the weakened spectre and then he figures out from where the trembling comes.
"Hey Torinn, there's something underground just in front of you! Stay alert!"
Hunter's quarry on Spectre 1
Ranged twin strike (28: 9 damage | 27: 13 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/124699
Perception check (26) http://orokos.com/roll/124699

>> No. 12501 edit
File 137339565382.png - (563.90KB , 1010x670 , desert1e.png )
12501
Sureiya eyes a nearby target and hurls his magic blade, striking twice and dispersing the spectre's cohesion further. As if on cue, an enormous, nearly fifteen-foot-wide yellowish worm emerges from the ground and lunges immediately at the half-orc, catching his side in a savage, yet surprisingly shallow bite.

The spectre still insubstantial to Torinn begins to move incredibly quickly, nearly dissipating to the wind as it floats around the battlefield, first striking the dragonborn and then attempting to cut into Myn and Sureiy as well, but Torinn's radiance burns him and disrupts his aim. The second spectre tries another strike with its spectral blade, but misses its mark.

Sureiya sets his quarry to spectre 1.
Sureiya uses twin strike's ranged attack, hitting twice for 9 damage and 13 damage.
The hidden lesser sandworm burrows, then uses snapping jaws, burrowing again and emerging, attacking as it emerges, hitting Sureiya for 23 damage.
Elf spectre 1 uses whirling dervish, allowing it to shift it speed and attack each enemy it moves adjacent to along the way. It hits Torinn with its spectral longsword, but misses both Sureiya and Myn (and takes 4 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance (reduced from 9). The attack deals 19 damage.
Elf spectre 2 uses spectral longsword but misses Torinn.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-9) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 59/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/70 HP (Bloodied), surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) resist 5 when mounted, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-7) 39/65 HP, immobilized

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (G-16)
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (S-12), -43 HP, quarry
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), -20 HP, insubstantial against Torinn's attacks, -2 to all defenses
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (R/S/T-6/7/8)

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.

>> No. 12503 edit
Surprised by how big it is, Samel thinks
"Ugh, nobody mentioned sand worms." He moves closer to Torinn in order to help him.


"Torinn, these spirits seems to be summons made by this shaman over there. We need to take care of it fast, I will bring her here."

The deva then concentrates on the wildrunner. He clears his mind as much as possible until he can only hear the breath of the creature. When he feels that his link is strong enough, he only says one word. "Vient" and when he does, he orders the creature to come near them(he fails miserably and starts crying). Finally, without moving one step, Samel starts whispering a prayer as divine light washes over Torinn, helping to mend his wounds.

Samel moves to M-13.
Samel uses Command on wildrunner http://orokos.com/roll/124822 1d20+15: 17 [1d20=2]
memory of a thousand lifetimes bonus http://orokos.com/roll/124824 [1d6=2]
healing words http://orokos.com/roll/124829 3d6+8: 19 [3d6=2, 3, 6]


Last edited at 13/07/09(Tue)21:34:14
>> No. 12504 edit
File 137343142116.png - (563.75KB , 1010x670 , desert1f.png )
12504
Samel attempts to issue a divine command to the windrunner, but her will proves too strong to easily break. The deva does manage to nearly completely rejuvenate his dragonborn ally, however.

The windrunner glides over the sand, hurling another strange set of mystic strings at the dragonborn's mount as she moves. It again latches onto the battle tiger's legs, and extends to Samel as well, pinning both down and preventing their movement. As soon as she stops, the elven female unleashes a barrage of arrows upon the immobilized deva, but each one misses its mark.

Samel moves.
Samel's command misses the Windrunner.
Samel's healing word allows Torinn to spend a surge and regain 30 hit points.
The windrunner moves. The windrunner uses shackleshot on Rutger and Samel, hitting both for 10 damage and immobilizes them until the end of her next turn.
The windrunner uses focus fire on Samel, but misses all three attacks.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-9) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 49/59, immobilized
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-7) 39/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (P-3)
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (S-12), -43 HP, quarry, insubstantial against Torinn's attacks
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), -20 HP
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (R/S/T-6/7/8)

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12505 edit
File 13734351765.png - (30.10KB , 500x509 , lion warrior.png )
12505
With Rutger growing frustrated at his inability to chew through his bonds, Torinn directs its ire towards their nearest target. While its hind legs are bound, the big cat is still able to rear up and pin the nearby spectral swordsman under its weight.

"Sureiya!" he calls out, giving more of a dragon rasp than dragon breath. "Youmust... DEAL with Windrunner."

Battle Pounce Elf Specter 2 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4124526/ (33, 23)
Dragon breath sandworm : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4124512/ (27, 3)

>> No. 12506 edit
File 137346285371.png - (562.61KB , 1010x670 , desert1g.png )
12506
Though the tiger is held down by a spectral force, it manages enough strength to throw its weight against the elf, knocking it over and standing atop it. Torinn whirls and launches a wave of lightning from his open maw, which washes over the enormous worm, not seeming to hurt it very much but affecting the creature with his holy sanction.

Rutger's battle pounce hits the elf spectre 2 for 23 damage and it falls prone.
Torinn's dragon breath hits the sandworm for 3 lightning damage, and the sandworm is subject to his divine sanction until the end of his next turn.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-9) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 49/59, immobilized
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-7) 39/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (P-3)
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (S-12), -43 HP, quarry, insubstantial against Torinn's attacks
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), -43 HP, prone
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (R/S/T-6/7/8), -3 HP, sanctioned

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12507 edit
Temporarily nullifying the sandworm threat, Myn dashes around its body to shoot a spooky ghost from behind the furry thing.


Minor action: Curse Sandworm.
Standard action: Cast All the Sand, All the Stars against Sandworm.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4126044/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4126046/
Move action: Move to N-10.
(AP)Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Spectre 1.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4126050/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4126051/


Last edited at 13/07/11(Thu)00:12:58
>> No. 12508 edit
File 137352456797.png - (560.51KB , 1010x670 , desert1h.png )
12508
As Myn is naturally disturbed by the presence of a huge worm nearby, he curses it and unleashes a psychic blast, reminding the worm that it is but an insignificant speck in the universe. While the sandworm is busy pondering the philosophical issues of being a tiny mote of dust in comparison, Myn manages to slip away and lobs out another quick blast of foul energy in the direction of the spectre, but it just barely manages to avoid the strike.

Myn places his curse on the sandworm, then uses all the sand, all the stars against it, hitting for 20 psychic damage. Myn moves.
Myn spends an action point! But his next attack (which I can't figure out if its supposed to be an eldritch blast or darkworm feast) misses.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 49/59, immobilized
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-7) 39/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (P-3)
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (S-12), -43 HP, quarry, insubstantial against Torinn's attacks
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), -43 HP, prone
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (R/S/T-6/7/8), -23 HP, sanctioned, cursed, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12509 edit
File 137352861668.jpg - (79.47KB , 600x680 , whateverbitch.jpg )
12509
"So this is your idea of a test? Let's play then!"
Ignoring the huge worm, Sureiya jumps to the Windrunner, wearing a confident smirk as he does. After shortly analizing his prey, the ranger swiftly moves behind her and starts the slaughtering, swinging his blades at least five times in barely a few seconds.
Movement action: Invigorating Stride, shift to P-5. (Heal 17 hp and get +2 to all defenses)
Minor action: Hunter's quarry on the Windrunner.
Free action: Furious assault.
Standard action: Frenzied Skirmish! Move to P-2 without causing OAs. Then two attacks! (crit: 29 + 16 damage | nat 1) then free attack (28: 21 damage) Windrunner gets dazed until the end of my next turn, also I get +1 to all defenses her attacks and she gets a -2 penalty to all attacks against me.
http://orokos.com/roll/125220
http://orokos.com/roll/125221
http://orokos.com/roll/125222

Action point!: Lashing leaves! (19: 15 damage | dear god another crit: 28 damage) Windrunner takes 2 extra damage when me or an ally hits her with an attack until the end of my next turn.
http://orokos.com/roll/125224
http://orokos.com/roll/125225

>> No. 12510 edit
File 137357191047.png - (471.29KB , 1010x670 , desert1i.png )
12510
Sureiya grants himself a moment's respite, and then, with his breath caught, he quickly moves to engage the windrunner and unleashes a devastating salvo of attacks, slashing again and again--though he hits roughly only about half the time, each hit seems to hack away at the spirit's presence, distorting and twisting it until it is noticeably wounded and vulnerable. It recoils slightly, snarling a warning.

Taking advantage of this distraction, the sandworm burrows back beneath the sands, leaving a pit of upheaved sand in its wake. The two elves move in tandem, one failing to land a hit on Torinn, and the other also failing in a charging strike on Samel.

Sureiya spends his second wind using invigorating stride, shifting and regaining 17 hit points, plus gaining a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of his next turn, and sets his quarry to the windrunner. He then uses frenzied skirmish, critting once and missing once. The windrunner is dazed, takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against Sureiya and Sureiya gains a +1 bonus to all defenses against the windrunner until the end of his next turn.
Sureiya spends an action point! Sureiya uses lashing leaves, hitting once and missing once, so the windrunner takes 2 extra damage from attacks until the end of his next turn. This totals 94 damage and bloodies the windrunner.
The lesser sandworm uses submerge in earth, shifting 1 square and then burrowing up to its burrow speed.
Elf spectre 1 moves, then charges Samel with spectral longsword, but misses.
Elf spectre 2 misses Torinn with spectral longsword.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 49/59, immobilized
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-2) 56/65 HP, +2 to all defenses, +1 to all defenses against Windrunner

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (P-3) -94 HP (Bloodied), dazed, -1 to attack rolls against Sureiya, takes 2 extra damage from attacks
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (N-14), -43 HP, quarry, insubstantial against Torinn's attacks
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), -43 HP, prone
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (L/M/N-4/5/6, Elevation-5), -23 HP, sanctioned, cursed, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12511 edit
File 137358444517.jpg - (9.46KB , 164x307 , yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg )
12511
"Well done Sureiya!"

Ashamed by his last attack, Samel wants revenge on the windrunner. He concentrates even more, this time asking Oghma to give chance to his group. When the cleric feels that Oghma responded, he moves closer to his target and unleashs a divine curse upon her.

"Oh you won't get away from me just like this! Curse you Shaman!!"


Minor action: Favor of the Gods on Torinn
Mouvement action: Samel moves to M-9
Standard action: Bane on Windrunner http://orokos.com/roll/125346 1d20+15: 32 [1d20=17]


Last edited at 13/07/12(Fri)20:42:09
>> No. 12512 edit
File 137367621770.png - (473.41KB , 1010x670 , desert1j.png )
12512
Samel places a minor blessing on Torinn, then utters a vile curse to affect the windrunner--the nearby spectre attempts to take advantage of the cleric's distraction, but its blade goes wild and doesn't manage to strike a clean hit. The windrunner, on the other hand, seems quite affected by the curse, and greatly weakened, dissolves into the wind and moves with incredible speed over the sand, kicking up so much dust that her form seems to dissolve as she moves.

Samel uses favor of the gods on Torinn.
Samel can't move because he's immobilized.
Samel uses bane on the windrunner, provoking an opportunity attack from the nearby spectre, but it misses with its spectral longsword. Samel's bane hits the windrunner, imposing on it a -5 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses.
The windrunner uses windrun, shifting her speed and becoming insubstantial until the end of her next turn.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 49/59, immobilized
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-10/11) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-2) 56/65 HP, +2 to all defenses, +1 to all defenses against Windrunner

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-11) -94 HP (Bloodied), dazed, -1 to attack rolls against Sureiya, takes 2 extra damage from attacks, -5 to attack rolls and all defenses, insubstantial
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (N-14), -43 HP, quarry, insubstantial against Torinn's attacks
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), -43 HP, prone
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (L/M/N-4/5/6, Elevation-5), -23 HP, sanctioned, cursed, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12513 edit
File 137368001951.jpg - (137.33KB , 594x634 , They See I\'m Moe They Hatin\'.jpg )
12513
Torinn gets all up in Windrunner's grill before shanking her with radiant light. Word, yo.

Move to W/X-12/13
Valiant Strike w/ Holy Smite against Windrunner : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4128191/ (28, 30)

>> No. 12514 edit
File 137368639041.png - (472.78KB , 1010x670 , desert1k.png )
12514
As the paladin bounds away on his mount, the nearby fallen spectre manages to stab him through a chink in the dragonborn's armor, dissolving away as he does so. Nevertheless, Torinn imbues his blade with holy power as he brings it down heavily upon the windrunner, striking a brutal blow that is somewhat softened by her insubstantiality.

Torinn walks, provoking an opportunity attack. The spectre's spectral longsword hits Torinn for 17 damage, and it turns insubstantial against Torinn's attacks until the end of its next turn.
Torinn's valiant strike with holy smite hits the windrinner for 15 total damage (reduced from 30) and she is dazed until the end of his next turn.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 49/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 48/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-12/13) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-2) 56/65 HP, +2 to all defenses, +1 to all defenses against Windrunner

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (W-10) -109 HP (Bloodied), dazed, -1 to attack rolls against Sureiya, takes 2 extra damage from attacks, -5 to attack rolls and all defenses, insubstantial
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (N-14), -43 HP, quarry
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), -43 HP, prone, insubstantial against Torinn's attacks, cursed
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (L/M/N-4/5/6, Elevation-5), -23 HP, sanctioned, cursed, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12515 edit
Seeking to minimize running, Myn smacks the expy with a bunch of worms.

Move action: Move to T-10.
Minor action: Curse Windrunner.
Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Windrunner.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4128424/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4128426/

>> No. 12516 edit
File 137373402847.png - (474.03KB , 1010x670 , desert1l.png )
12516
Myn closes the gap between himself and the windrunner, and uses his signature worms on her. Though the infestation affects her, it seems slightly less effective at harming her due to the elf's insubstantial nature, though she appears to have been caught mid-stride and begins to move more slowly.

Myn moves and curses the windrunner.
Myn's darkworm feast hits the windrunner for 16 necrotic damage (reduced to 8), and she is slowed until the end of his next turn.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 49/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 48/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-12/13) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-2) 56/65 HP, +2 to all defenses, +1 to all defenses against Windrunner

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (W-10) -117 HP (Bloodied), dazed, -1 to attack rolls against Sureiya, takes 2 extra damage from attacks, -5 to attack rolls and all defenses, insubstantial, cursed, slowed
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (N-14), -43 HP, quarry
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (P-12), -43 HP, prone, insubstantial against Torinn's attacks, cursed
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (L/M/N-4/5/6, Elevation-5), -23 HP, sanctioned, cursed, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12517 edit
File 133969364379.png - (59.41KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria2.png )
12517
"Hey don't think you're running away" Sureiya rushes against the elf, still ignoring the huge worm in the sand.
Move and Marauder's rush against windrunner (35: 31 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/125717
>> No. 12518 edit
File 137383082877.png - (522.04KB , 1010x670 , desert1m.png )
12518
Sureiya wastes no time in closing the distance between himself and the windrunner, slashing her insubstantial form for another solid hit. It doesn't look like there's much left to this elf spirit. However, there's plenty left to the sandworm, and it bursts through the sand, its massive maw clamping down through Samel's torso, spilling deva blood over the sands. The cleric manages to break free of its grip, but is having a hard time standing. Meanwhile, the elf spectres make their move, quickly dashing to protect the windrunner, but having little success--of their many attacks, only one manages to score a small hit against Sureiya.

Sureiya moves and uses marauder's rush to charge the windrunner, hitting for 31 damage (reduced to 15).
The lesser sandworm uses snapping jaws, burrowing its speed and hitting Samel for 42 damage. Samel is bloodied
Elf spectre 1 shifts, then charges Sureiya with spectral longsword, but misses.
Elf spectre 2 stands, then uses whirling dervish, shifting its speed and making spectral longsword attacks against Myn, Sureiya, and Torinn. Myn and Torinn are missed, but Sureiya is hit for 19 damage. The spectre is insubstantial against Sureiya's attacks.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (R-14) 7/59 (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 48/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-12/13) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (V-9) 56/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (W-10) -132 HP (Bloodied), dazed, -5 to attack rolls and all defenses, insubstantial, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -43 HP
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (V-10), -43 HP, cursed, insubstantial against Sureiya's attacks
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (L/M/N-10/11/12), -23 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12520 edit
Torinn isn't having any of that sort of thing.

Shield of Devotion reaction on Sureiya
>> No. 12521 edit
File 137382739435.png - (138.07KB , 474x455 , mion176.png )
12521
"Ugh..."

Samel shifts to M-14.
Samel uses second wind.


Last edited at 13/07/14(Sun)13:05:23
>> No. 12523 edit
File 137384046197.png - (522.08KB , 1010x670 , desert1n.png )
12523
Sureiya is shielded by Torinn's radiant power, and Samel carefully escapes the worm's immediate attention and recovers a bit of strength, steeling himself for another attack.

As the windrunner withdraws from Torinn, it flashes a bit, diverting part of the radiant punishment, though her aim seems somewhat affected--only two of the three incredibly fast arrows she looses manage to strike Sureiya, dealing him a heavy, yet not grievous blow.

Sureiya regains 4 hit points from Torinn's shield of devotion.
Samel shifts 1 square and spends his second wind, regaining 14 hit points. He gains a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of his next turn.
Windrunner fails to recharge windrun. She shifts 1 square, taking 10 radiant damage (reduced to 5). The windrunner spends an action point! And then she uses focus fire against Sureiya, which hits twice for 13 damage and 12 damage and misses once. Torinn heals Sureiya for 10 hit points with healing radiance.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-14) 21/59 (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 48/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +2 to next attack vs windrunner
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-12/13) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (V-9) 45/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-9) -137 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -43 HP
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (V-10), -43 HP, cursed, insubstantial against Sureiya's attacks
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (L/M/N-10/11/12), -23 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12524 edit
File 132418361686.png - (154.58KB , 640x385 , sak_paladin.png )
12524
Torinn doesn't let the windrunner escape. Easily able to catch her, he once again brings his blade down on her.

"I'd say... We... Acedyourtest."

Shift to W/X-10/11
Valiant strike + holy smite on Windrunner : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4130787/ (37, 19)

>> No. 12525 edit
File 137385404181.png - (521.10KB , 1010x670 , desert1o.png )
12525
With a mighty lunge, the dragonborn strikes forward and, his blade imbued with divine energy, he completely disperse the windrunner's barely-substantial form. In doing so, however, he still feels the lingering presence of the spirit floating over the battle, and it appears as if it is still watching over the battle, though its bow is gone and it appears harmless.

Torinn shifts.
Torinn's valiant strike with holy smite defeats the windrunner.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): 26
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
The Windrunner (Enemey): 13
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-14) 21/59 (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 48/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +2 to next attack vs windrunner
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-10/11) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (V-9) 45/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-9) -156 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -43 HP
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (V-10), -43 HP, cursed, insubstantial against Sureiya's attacks
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (L/M/N-10/11/12), -23 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12526 edit
Unable to safely retreat to the shadows, Myn makes do with a close-ranged magical blast.

Move action: Shift to S-11.
Minor action: Curse Spectre 1.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Spectre 1.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4131007/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4131009/

>> No. 12527 edit
File 132820271150.png - (74.24KB , 527x442 , anon_point.png )
12527
"Your boss is gone! Get out of here!" says the ranger, trying to ignore the wounds the Windrunner's attacks. Attempting to exploit the momentum caused by Torinn's attack, Sureiya slashes over the weakest of the spectres.
Minor: Hunter's quarry on Spectre 1
Standard: Twin strike against Spectre 1 (23: 12 damage | 26: 13 damage (+2 from gauntlets of blood) | 5 quarry damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/126005
Free action: Inevitable strike! Double roll the next attack and add extra 1d8 damage if both hits!
Minor action: Off-hand strike! (24,31: 15 damage) then (5 extra damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/126007
http://orokos.com/roll/126008
>> No. 12528 edit
File 137504461069.png - (324.66KB , 1010x670 , desert1p.png )
12528
Myn's careful movement, curse, and eldritch blast appear to severely disperse the spectre to allow Sureiya a near-simultaneous attack, which finishes it off in two quick strikes. The half-orc whirls on the next-closest spectre, nearly dispersing it as well. It appears they are falling very quickly now that the windrunner has gone.

The sandworm takes the opportunity to burrow back beneath the sands, and the last spectre makes a feeble swing at Torinn before slipping away and turning insubstantial once more, diverting a bit of the damage from Torinn's divine radiance.

Myn shifts, then curses spectre 1.
Myn's eldritch blast hits spectre 1 for 24 damage. This bloodies the spectre.
Sureiya's twin strike hits the spectre 1 for 14 damage and 15 damage. This defeats the spectre 1.
Sureiya's offhand strike with inevitable strike hits spectre 2 for 20 damage (reduced to 10). This bloodies the spectre 2 (triggering bloodied boon).
Lesser sandworm uses submerge in earth to shift 1 square, then burrow its burrow speed.
Elf spectre 2 attacks Torinn with its spectral longsword but misses, then uses windrun to shift its speed and become insubstantial until the end of its next turn. It takes 10 radiant damage (reduced to 5) from Torinn's righteous radiance.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-14) 21/59 (Bloodied)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 48/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +2 to next attack vs windrunner
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-10/11) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (V-9) 45/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-9) -156 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -96 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (O-17), -57 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (Q/R/S-5/6/7, Elevation-5), -23 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12529 edit
File 137504461879.png - (31.97KB , 65x125 , BUP_0060armored.png )
12529
The deva is pleased to see that the windrunner is no more. Giving him motivation, he goes back in his meditation stance and strikes the nearest spectre with the divine light.

Minor:Healing word on myself. http://orokos.com/roll/126108 3d6+8: 11 [3d6=1, 1, 1]
Standard:Astral seal on nearby spectre http://orokos.com/roll/126109 1d20+17: 33 [1d20=16]

>> No. 12530 edit
File 137504461069.png - (324.66KB , 1010x670 , desert1p.png )
12530
Samel's holy word grants himself some healing, and as he shapes a radiant seal with his finger, it glows brilliantly before branding itself on the nearby spectre, making it quite vulnerable to further attack.

Samel uses healing word on himself, regaining 25 hit points.
Samel hits spectre 2 with astral seal.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-14) 56/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 48/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +2 to next attack vs windrunner
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-10/11) 40/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (V-9) 45/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-9) -156 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -96 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (O-17), -57 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial, -2 to all defenses, next ally that damages gains 6 hit points
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (Q/R/S-5/6/7, Elevation-5), -23 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12531 edit
With the Windrunner down, Torinn directs the big cat closer to the remaining soldier, then sets Rutger's wrath upon it.

Move to O/P-10/11
Charge to N/O-15/16 with Bite

>> No. 12532 edit
File 137505588022.png - (363.14KB , 1010x670 , desert1q.png )
12532
Despite the spectre's insubstantial nature, it is still quite affected by Rutger's vicious bite, which continues to disperse the elf spirit's form.

Torinn moves and then charges with bite, which hits the elf spectre 2 for 9 damage (reduced from 19).

Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-10) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-14) 56/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 48/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +2 to next attack vs windrunner
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (N/O-15/16) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (V-9) 45/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-9) -156 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -96 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (O-17), -66 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial, -2 to all defenses
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (Q/R/S-5/6/7, Elevation-5), -23 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12533 edit
More concerned with the submerged creature than the remaining surface-dwellers, Myn moves to defend himself with a meatshield while offhandedly smacking the spectre with a spell.

Move action: Move to N-14.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Spectre 2.
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4151625/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4151627/

>> No. 12534 edit
File 137507328213.png - (363.09KB , 1010x670 , desert1r.png )
12534
As Torinn's mount bites down, Myn takes up a position near the paladin and fires off an eldritch blast, further weakening the spectre. It appears quite close to being completely dispersed.

Myn moves and curses the spectre.
Myn's eldritch blast hits for 10 damage (reduced from 20).


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-14) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-14) 56/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 48/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +2 to next attack vs windrunner
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (N/O-15/16) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (V-9) 45/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-9) -156 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -96 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (O-17), -76 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial, -2 to all defenses
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (Q/R/S-5/6/7, Elevation-5), -23 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12535 edit
"To where did that huge worm went?"
Leaving the Windrunner's company for now, the ranger moves back and slashes the remaining spectre.
Minor: Set Hunter's Quarry
Move + Standard: Move and use Marauder's Rush, ending in P-18 (34, 19 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/128738

>> No. 12536 edit
File 137514010339.png - (404.01KB , 1010x670 , desert1s.png )
12536
Just as Sureiya closes the distance between himself and the spectre and strikes another deadly blow, the ground nearby erupts and the sandworm re-emerges, its maw crashing down onto the surprised half-orc. However, Torinn manages to project a holy barrier over the ranger, taking the brunt of the attack in his place, though the dragonborn is coughing up blood thereafter.

Completely trapped, the spectre takes a desperate swing at Torinn, but completely misses.

Sureiya moves and uses marauder's rush, which hits for 9 damage (reduced from 19).
The lesser sandworm burrows, then uses snapping maw, which hits Sureiya despite disruptive strike (which misses). Torinn's righteous shield diverts the damage to him and reduces it by 10, so Torinn takes 22 damage (reduced from 32) from snapping maw.
Elf spectre 2 fails to recharge windrun and misses Torinn with its spectral longsword.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-14) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-14) 56/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 26/70 HP (Bloodied), surge value reduced by half, +2 to next attack vs windrunner
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (N/O-15/16) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-17) 45/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-9) -156 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -96 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (O-17), -85 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial, -2 to all defenses
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (Q/R/S-17/18/19), -23 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.

Last edited at 13/07/29(Mon)16:22:05
>> No. 12537 edit
"Now let's finish this big guy!!"
Samel concentrates on the worm as he pronounces a divine curse.

Standard action:Denunciation on the sandworm. http://orokos.com/roll/128822
>> No. 12538 edit
Torinn tries to hit the last specter, informing it, "it's... abouttimeyou... gave up the ghost."

shift to m/n 16/17
valiant strike against ghost http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4153002/ 23, 19


Last edited at 13/07/29(Mon)20:25:11
>> No. 12539 edit
File 137515535576.png - (404.16KB , 1010x670 , desert1t.png )
12539
In unison, Samel utters a divine curse, which greatly weakens the sandworm--its movements become sluggish and confused as it withdraws from Sureiya. With a quick strike of his blade, Torinn dissipates the last spectre and moves back a bit, a brief wail being all that is left of the elf spirit.

Samel's denunciation hits the lesser sandworm, and it is dazed and takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses until the end of his next turn.
Torinn's valiant strike hits the elf spectre for 19 damage, defeating it. Torinn shifts.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): 22
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-14) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-14) 56/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 26/70 HP (Bloodied), surge value reduced by half, +2 to next attack vs windrunner
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-16/17) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-17) 45/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-9) -156 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -96 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (O-17), -104 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial, -2 to all defenses DEFEATED
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (Q/R/S-17/18/19), -23 HP, cursed, dazed, -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.
>> No. 12540 edit
Wondering why the creature doesn't simply retreat, Myn halfheartedly lobs a lob of magic at it.

Move action: Move to N-18.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Sarlaac.

Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4153035/

>> No. 12541 edit
File 130160247175.png - (85.38KB , 291x478 , kan_defa2.png )
12541
Sureiya gives a worried look to the paladin, as if saying "Hey man, take it easy.". After that, it retaliates against the huge sandworm in front of him.
Minor: Hunter's quarry
Standard: Twin strike! (31, 12 damage | 30, 9 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/128877

>> No. 12542 edit
Battle Awareness' MBA (28, 22 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/128882
>> No. 12543 edit
Audio 09_-_Fanfare.mp3 - (468.62KB , 09 - Fanfare.mp3 )
12543
Though the warlock's attack goes wide and misses the worm completely, a deadly salvo of sword strikes from Sureiya leaves the worm oozing a green liquid as it retreats beneath the sand, roaring horrendously as it does so. After a few tense moments where the adventurers prepare themselves for combat, a low rumble beneath their feet tells them that the worm has pulled away and won't be returning--at least for now.

Myn moves, and misses with elrtich blast.
Sureiya sets the sandworm as his quarry and hits twice with twin strike for 9 damage and 12 damage.
As the sandworm uses submerge in earth, Sureiya's melee basic attack granted by battle awareness hits it for 22 damage.


Initiative
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): 30
Samel (Uncle Mion): 14
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 10

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-14) 45/61 HP, darkspiral aura 6
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-14) 56/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 26/70 HP (Bloodied), surge value reduced by half, +2 to next attack vs windrunner
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-16/17) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-17) 45/65 HP

Enemies
The Windrunner (Enemy): (X-9) -156 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed, slowed, Sureiya's quarry DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 1 (Enemy): (U-10), -96 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEFEATED
Elf Spectre 2 (Enemy): (O-17), -104 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial, -2 to all defenses DEFEATED
Lesser Sandworm (Enemy): (??? Withdrawn), -66 HP (Bloodied), dazed, -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses, quarry

Notes
Knowledge of the sand worm is nature.

Surges Spent
Torinn: 1
Samel: 1
>> No. 12544 edit
File 133305287513.png - (29.36KB , 250x221 , Might As Well Be Walkin' On The Sun.png )
12544
Battered and bloodied, Torinn tries to catch his breath.

It takes a while.


"Thatwholefracaswas... uncalled for," he gasps in the direction of where the Windrunner was.
>> No. 12545 edit
File 129625592147.png - (59.43KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana17.png )
12545
After giving Torinn a hand, Sureiya keeps staring at the Windrunner, as if expecting an answer from this mess.
>> No. 12546 edit
File 13752300982.png - (31.03KB , 128x128 , windrunnertransparent.png )
12546
The "windrunner" spectre lingers ominously, then points in the direction you were heading before, its facial expression not changing.
>> No. 12547 edit
File 129788612424.png - (38.88KB , 208x207 , bobblehead.png )
12547
Torinn is still a bit cross at having to prove himself while he's not in the best of shape. Tests of strength? Ain't nobody got time for that. So, before setting out, he stands tall. Giving his best expression of disappointment, he scolds, "so... do you have... anythingtosayfor yourself... miss?"

Diplomacy to get a (positive) response : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4154233/ 27
>> No. 12548 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12548
After a moment, the lingering spectre vanishes before your eyes.
>> No. 12549 edit
File 129611866875.png - (84.80KB , 291x478 , kan_nayamua.png )
12549
"Was that really a test?..." asks the ranger, clearly a little disappointed.
"Hey Samel, would you give Torinn a hand? He took a hit for me a while ago."
>> No. 12550 edit
File 136063956981.png - (67.07KB , 272x397 , BUP_0087.png )
12550
"Right... I'm on it."
Regaining his composure from the fight, Samel rushes to Torinn in order to check his wounds.

"I'm sorry Torinn, I was thinking about what the elf girl said. Now that we passed the test, does that mean that we are strong enough to beat the giants?

Nevermind that, there is something here more important that I understand. It's that you are pushing yourself too hard in your state!"

Samel turns around and asks the group.
"Everyone, if possible I suggest that we take a rest here for a moment. I want to help Torinn as soon as possible."

Last edited at 13/07/31(Wed)16:18:19
>> No. 12551 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12551
The group rests for a short time.

You can regain your encounter powers.
>> No. 12554 edit
"Take your time, I'll entertain myself with this." says the ranger, as he sits down on the sand and gives a read to the book, not very bothered by the weather.
Short rest, spend one healing surge.
>> No. 12555 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
12555
Short Rest
Myn and Sureiya each spend a healing surge. Samel uses healing word on Torinn twice. This brings the total surges spent for this encounter, including short rests, to:
Myn: 1
Sureiya: 2
Torinn: 3
Samel: 1
With the battle standard of healing, this brings everyone up to full.


The still-harsh winds and blowing sand make it incredibly difficult for Sureiya to get much reading in, and he nearly loses his grasp on the book at one point. Though it's annoying, it doesn't appear to be making you travel terribly dangerous since you're well-dressed for the desert.
>> No. 12556 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
12556
Sureiya glances at Torinn and he gets impressed by Samel's skills.
"Hey, good thing you come with us, blue boy. I've no idea of how you do your job, but it seems you're damn good at it.

And if you guys are done here we should continue. Who knows how big this damn desert really is" says the ranger, picking up his stuff and getting ready to get on the walking again.
>> No. 12557 edit
With his wounds patched up, Torinn thanks Samel for his hard work before preparing to set out again.
>> No. 12558 edit
File 136309594539.png - (135.95KB , 474x455 , mion171.png )
12558
"It's the least I can do, but I'm afraid that's all the help I can give right now. We still don't know anything about the curse, and nothing I tried seems to treat it."
Samel quickly grabs his gear and gets himself ready to move.
"I agree, Now that we are back on our feet, we should make haste and reaches that beacon."
>> No. 12559 edit
Audio 06_-_Altepa_Desert_.mp3 - (5.92MB , 06 - Altepa Desert .mp3 )
12559
Trudging through the desert, towards the structure on the horizon, the group manages to get significantly closer before darkness falls upon them once again and they must make camp from weariness.

By your reckoning, you likely won't make it within the next day, but you'll surely arrive by the next. Unfortunately, with the morning comes signs of Myn and Samel suffering the same adverse effects as Torinn, though Torinn manages to not get any worse. In addition, Sureiya has made a great deal of progress in decoding the strange book's script. Not enough to get a definite read of anything in it yet, though you may learn a few things if you can find symbols similar to those in the book.

Myn and Samel are striken by stage one of the desert's curse. Both have their healing surge value reduced by half until cured.
>> No. 12560 edit
File 137572478777.jpg - (44.34KB , 480x360 , Mitch-Hedberg-mitch-hedberg-21052497-480-360[1].jpg )
12560
Torinn sleeps about as soundly as somebody who feels like they're slowly being strangled to death by a very weak person can sleep. Which is to say fitfully. Did people wearing cloth armor have to put up with this shit?

Upon waking and finding Samel and Myn struggling with the same symptoms, he figures it might, just might, not be any less awful for people not decked out in full plate.


"Are you all... okay?"
>> No. 12561 edit
File 136066123097.png - (5.28KB , 169x587 , Mion_Base_by_Hana_Pixels.png )
12561
Samel looks concerned, not only by the fact that he is tired from the curse, but because of is ego. "I'm affected by a disease that I can't cure myself, I'm supposed to be better than that." he thinks.

"This must be... a challenge, by the lord! Let me borrow some of your tenacity Torinn. We must not falter."
>> No. 12562 edit
File 130320172546.png - (121.33KB , 700x700 , 13030761057.png )
12562
Not feeling still very tired from the curse, Sureiya wakes up thinking he found something on the book already.
"I'm feeling well so far, I think." says the ranger, as he gulps down some water. "I think I found something suspicious in this book. Give another night and I might have it."
>> No. 12563 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12563
Another long day of trudging through the desert, this time without incident. The heart beats down on you, but you can take it, and your supplies hold out on you since you have plenty of water. At night the group again makes camp.

If you want to use heal to treat someone and therefore replace their endurance check, now is the time.
>> No. 12564 edit
Doubling his effort during the rest, Samel tries his best to help Torinn.

http://orokos.com/roll/130370

Last edited at 13/08/06(Tue)23:54:23
>> No. 12567 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12567
Samel keeps a watchful eye over Torinn and administers some salves over the night, which seems to help the paladin keep from getting worse. Myn is not so lucky and is moving extremely sluggishly come morning. Sureiya and Samel seem to be holding their own, and Sureiya believes he has nearly cracked the code stored within the book--but it's not enough yet, without something to apply the knowledge too. It's as if the book was referring to some alien concept that Sureiya can't quite pinpoint, but perhaps if he were to see what the book referred to with his own eyes, it'd all make sense.

In any case, it should be possible for the party to reach the distant hill and the structure today.

Over the rest, Torinn succeeds because of Samel's care, while Myn fails, but Sureiya and Samel do not get any worse. Only Myn is under stage 2, which means his movement speed drops to 2 and he cannot run.
>> No. 12568 edit
Torinn wakes feeling refreshed, and better than he'd felt for quite some time. "Thank you kindly, Samel. You're a lifesaver."
>> No. 12569 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
12569
Glad to see Samel's efforts to help Torinn were successful, the ranger instead worries about his more introverted comrade.
"Hey Myn, you don't look very well. Let's get to that monument as soon as possible, you should feel better once we're there, if what that elf girl said was true."
>> No. 12571 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12571
>>12570


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason