[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 137611097186.jpg - (173.54KB , 1600x1000 , Desert_City_by_SamuelMi1es.jpg )
12570 No. 12570 edit
By midday, you have reached the outskirts of the desert city, with Myn being carried by Rutger somewhat roughly. The wind seems to have been steadily dying down throughout the day, and it would appear at least two things are as described to you in town: there is a large hill on the north side of the city, with a castle-like structure at the top of a path that leads into the city. It does not appear that you can go directly to the castle from the desert, but you would first need to enter the city--the hill is steep and craggy. A few miles down the wall to the south is a large hole in the wall, which is to say the entire wall is broken through.

Beyond the wall you can see a few dome-shaped structures and spires peeking over the top, though some look cracked or otherwise damaged. Furthermore, there is something not mentioned to you--a cavern, near the part where the hill gives way to the city walls. The wall connects directly to the large hill, so it would appear that the only way into the city is through the hole in the wall, unless you want to look around for a gate, which you have not yet spotted. On the other hand, there is a cavern that seems to lead into the hill itself, which was not mentioned to you by the townsfolk.

It would appear you must decide where to explore first.
Expand all images
>> No. 12572 edit
get spyglass back from Sureiya
examine hill and castle through spyglass
perception : http://orokos.com/roll/130842 (23)


Last edited at 13/08/10(Sat)19:24:29
>> No. 12574 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12574
The architecture is strange... yet somewhat familiar to Torinn, as if though it was very different than what he saw at home, it had signs of being done by the same people. There appears to have been some damage to the back end of the structure and it has partially collapsed, but the majority seems intact, and is comprised of spires carved from sandstone, partially painted for decoration, and a prominent scarab crest. There are few windows and they are all small, so Torinn can't get much reconnaissance on the inside. He will note that there appears to be a strong wind whistling about the higher spires, as evidenced by some dust and sand being blown around. The only visible way in appears to be the path leading up the hill from the city, which looks very desolate and plain. The hill itself is quite sheer and would be pretty much impossible to climb.

A history check may tell you more about the architecture.
>> No. 12575 edit
...Deja vu?

History check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4170425/ (30)
>> No. 12576 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
12576
To elaborate: the castle is about three hundred feet above the surface from which you stand, which is slightly sunken. To scale the hill to that point would be dangerous and time-consuming. The city walls, however, are not nearly as high, perhaps 30 to 35 feet, though still quite sheer.

Torinn (History): Torinn's never actually seen this kind of architecture personally, but he does remember some early school lessons on a northern region of Tymanchebar famous for lack of rainfall and harsh windstorms. This particularly arid area was referred to as the scarab-lands because of the crest of the noble house Litmar, the most influential family in the region, based in the city of Cala. As mentioned before, it was lost when portions of Abeir merged with Toril.

Of note, the inhabitants of Cala were known to be isolationist and intolerant of outsiders, and many other parts of Tymanchebar regarded the house Litmar as suspicious. Many members were proficient in arcane magic and rumored to dabble in dangerous, forbidden magic. Between this and the harsh environment of the region, sight-seeing in the area was rather limited.

>> No. 12578 edit
"Let's haste" the orc growls. "We have to find the monument that elf mentioned."
Get close to the cave, try to measure it how long/dark it is. Look for anything suspicious.
Perception: 16 http://orokos.com/roll/130952

>> No. 12579 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
12579
Sureiya notices nothing untoward about the cavern, but he can't really tell how deep it is. It appears dark relative to the surrounding area.
>> No. 12581 edit
Torinn decides to keep that bit of information to himself for now. "So,", he asks the group, putting the spyglass away, "does anybody want to search for an entrance, or should we check out that cave?"
>> No. 12582 edit
File 137641962125.png - (235.82KB , 605x836 , mionlfw.png )
12582
"I will look for one."
Samel takes the spyglass and inspects the wall for a gate.

Perception check:http://orokos.com/roll/130993 (25)


Last edited at 13/08/13(Tue)11:47:01
>> No. 12583 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
12583
If there is a gate, it's likely far on the other side, out of your field of vision. There is, however, a massive hole broken through the wall a short distance from your position.
>> No. 12584 edit
"This wall is huge... I can't see what's inside at all. One thing is still clear, the monument must be there. I won't fail you Oghma, knowledge is the key that always save us."

"It looks like the wall is destroyed on that side, I think we can get there by"
>> No. 12585 edit
>>12584
"That's where they said the monument was, right? Let's go, then."

lead party through wall

Last edited at 13/08/14(Wed)06:51:02
>> No. 12586 edit
File 137654486560.png - (810.73KB , 1010x670 , monument1.png )
12586
Crossing the threshold of the hole in the wall reveals a road heading forward and around a corner to the west. It appears this may have been an arched gate of sorts, for the outer part of the wall, as there is a guard tower (seemingly inaccessible, there is no door on this end and the windows are very small and high up on the tower) and what appears to be the remains of a very old campsite. There are crates, partially broken, and some tools strewn about, as well as a stone cold fire-pit. There's no sight that there's been activity here for years, as there even the cobblestone path has been worn away and is coated by sand. What must have been the archway through this wall has completely collapsed. You would guess following this path would lead you into the city.
>> No. 12587 edit
follow the cobblestone road
follow the cobblestone road
Follow, follow, follow, follow
Follow the cobblestone road

>> No. 12588 edit
follow the cobblestone road
follow the cobblestone road
follow, follow, follow, follow,
follow the cobblestone road

>> No. 73521 edit
File 137661650244.png - (616.23KB , 1010x670 , monument2.png )
73521
Following the cobblestone path leads to what is apparently a large, intact stone gate. Though it is in poor condition, it should be possible to open with some effort. The gate is roughly 15 feet across and 20 feet high, and built into the walls.
>> No. 73522 edit
The gate looks like it could provide a good vantage point. It's not too high up, but it's high enough that Torinn might be able to see the monument from on top of it.

"I'm going to scout ahead for a moment," Torinn explains. "If I give the okay, open the gate." The dragonborn urges Rutger to leap onto the sandstone walls and climb up over the gate, checking for any surprises ahead.

Athletics check to climb : http://orokos.com/roll/131358 (42)

Last edited at 13/08/15(Thu)19:14:17
>> No. 73523 edit
File 137661959133.png - (964.79KB , 1010x670 , monument2a.png )
73523
When Torinn climbs over the wall above the gate, he mostly sees the spires and domes of the city buildings to the north. However, immediately on the other side of the gate is a large courtyard fully covered in cobblestone, and a massive, 40-foot tall monument-like structure in the center. It is round at the base, apparently constructed from obsidian, and a mere ~12 feet in diameter, and shoots upwards to end in a point. Inscribed on the monument's surface are runes, which glow with a strange yellow light and shine on the area immediately below and to the east. It is a clearly unnatural light that seems to project on the targeted area rather than radiating like normal light. There are also steep stairs that lead into the city to the north.
>> No. 73524 edit
>>73523
Returning to the ground, Torinn informs everyone, "the monument appears to be straight ahead. Nothing else waiting for us there, though I'd check to make sure."

If there are no objections, Torinn puts his weight against the gate and pushes/pulls.

strength check to open gates : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4176544/ (18)
>> No. 73525 edit
File 137662036170.png - (892.82KB , 1010x670 , monument2b.png )
73525
Torinn opens the gate with little fuss, revealing the scene to the rest of the party.
>> No. 73526 edit
Getting inside of the room, the ranger grumbles. "Well, if there was anything inside it surely heard you climbing."
lol nat 1 perception
>> No. 73527 edit
>>73526
"You think they set any traps?" Torinn asks Myn, "Do you sense anything out of the ordinary?"
>> No. 73528 edit
Carefully getting closer to Torinn, Samel thinks about the current situation.
"Traps he says... I better stay on my guard until Myn inspects the area."

As he sees the monument, something gets on his mind.
"Is this the real thing, yes... it must be. It is somehow different than I thought it would be. But still, will the gods give us the answer that easily?"



Samel gets close to Torinn and looks inside the room for anything suspicious or out of place.http://orokos.com/roll/131368 (31)

Last edited at 13/08/16(Fri)05:30:06
>> No. 73529 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73529
Samel's thorough scan of the area (during which he does not wander far from the entrance) reveals that though this area is new, it appears to have been completely renovated recently--which fits with the campfolks' story that the monument was a recent addition. Even the cobblestone has been recently replaced, it seems. However, the walls show signs of wear and age, and appear to have not been tended to for some time, same with the stairs and the gate.
>> No. 73530 edit
Myn intermittently smacks his imp, using the resulting sounds as a magic sonar maybe.

Arcana check for spscs magic:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4177977/
>> No. 73531 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
73531
Not surprisingly, the imp simply chitters in complaint, and the warlock doesn't discover much of interest. All he can tell is there is definitely a very potent spell cast upon the obelisk, and that its energy is focused on the area on which the light shines.
>> No. 73532 edit
"It seems that the structure is magically affecting that lighted area."

Myn states the obvious as he throws his imp to the ground in disgust.
>> No. 73533 edit
This was what they came here for. Torinn moves into the light, hoping that its properties were not exaggerated.
move into the light and drag Myn with me

Last edited at 13/08/17(Sat)16:22:25
>> No. 73534 edit
Audio 07_-_Battle_in_Dungeon_(number)3_.mp3 - (2.96MB , 07 - Battle in Dungeon #3 .mp3 )
73534
>> No. 73536 edit
File 137684231793.png - (921.55KB , 1010x670 , monument2c.png )
73536
As the imp recovers itself from the ground and Torinn leads the group in front of the statue, the gate behinds the party slams shut as they hear a rumbling beneath their feet. Without warning, four eight-foot tall constructs burst out of the ground, breaking through the cobblestone and upheaving sand as they do so.

Each golem resembles a canine humanoid, with black skin and clad in ornate desert clothing, which appears to be made of heavy woven cloth. Their eyes shine with malice, and they move to attack the unsuspecting party!
>> No. 73538 edit
File 137684231793.png - (921.55KB , 1010x670 , monument2c.png )
73538
As the constructs unearth themselves, the imp's annoyed chattering as it returns to Myn's shoulder snaps the warlock to attention, and he is narrowly the first to react to the threat.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-18) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 2, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59, surge value reduced by half
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP, surge value reduced by half
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-19/20) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-21) 65/65 HP

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (F/G-10/11)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24)
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (V/W-10/11)
Anubisath Delta (Green): (V/W-23/24)

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73540 edit
Delving into his vast wealth of constructive knowledge, Myn impatiently waits for the vast mass of fur north of him to get out of the way.

Arcana check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4181531/

Delay until after Torinn.

>> No. 73541 edit
File 137689181194.png - (33.38KB , 128x128 , anubisath.png )
73541
Myn (Arcana): From what you can tell by the construction of the golems and the general feel of the magic leaking from their joints, you know these constructs are designed as sentinels, yet their functioning is relatively simple in nature (they are level 10 brutes). The exact appearance of the golem can be customized, but they function in a mostly-identical fashion: they simply attempt to smash interlopers that invade their designated area with their limbs, and grow more fervent in that task as they are damaged (their slam melee basic attack deals damage, and more damage if they are bloodied). They will pursue enemies that attempt to flee the area as well. The golems often lay dormant until an enemy approaches, then it activates and attacks.

There is one trick to them, however--each may be designated with a unique ability, of which there are many--there's no way to tell what ability they have until they begin to use them. However, when the golems are magically tethered together as these appear to be, there is one thing to be aware of: destroying one of the golems causes it to share its power with the remaining golems (rejuvenating demise causes the golem, when it does, to fully heal all of its allies and grant unto them the use of its unique ability).

>> No. 73542 edit
Torinn reacts to the emergence of enemies by entering a sort of battle trance. He turns and fixates on the north-eastern enemy, his movements leave behind a brief after-image. With great speed, Rutger charges down the threat, Torinn's sword hitting it with an audible smashing sound. The tiger follows up by tackling it to the ground for massive damage.

use spirit of the virtuous chargeer : + cha to damage on charges and + 2 power bonus to speed
CRIT on charge to H-I/23-24 http://orokos.com/roll/131851
http://orokos.com/roll/131852 for 43 damage
AP : battle pounce : http://orokos.com/roll/131853 (35,20)

>> No. 73543 edit
File 137696102441.png - (0.99MB , 1010x670 , monument2d.png )
73543
Imbuing himself with virtuous spirit, Torinn surges forward on his mount, the big cat snarling as it approaches and leaps upwards. Even as Torinn lands a devastating blow with his blade in the center of the construct's chest, Rutger's descent completely overwhelms the anubisath and forces it to the ground, just before the big cap leaps backwards, leaving the golem sprawled in the sandy, destroyed cobblestone, flailing and angry-looking.

Torinn uses spirit of the virtuous charger, gaining a +5 damage bonus to charge attacks and a +2 bonus to speed.
Torinn charges the anubisath beta with melee basic attack, which crits for 43 damage, 9 of which is radiant and the anubisath is dazed until the end of his next turn. He then spends an action point and uses Rutger's battle pounce, which hits for 20 damage and knocks the anubisath prone.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-18) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 2, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59, surge value reduced by half
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (H/I-22/23) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-21) 65/65 HP

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (F/G-10/11)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -63 HP, prone, dazed
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (V/W-10/11)
Anubisath Delta (Green): (V/W-23/24)

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73544 edit
Myn sluggishly proceeds with his standard magical smacking.

Move action: Move to M-20.
Minor action: Curse Beta.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Beta.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4182424/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4182426/

>> No. 73545 edit
File 137697012313.png - (1.00MB , 1010x670 , monument2e.png )
73545
Sluggishly wading into the fray, Myn utters a vile curse before unleashing the power of eldritch blast on the fallen golem. This mostly seems to make it even angrier, though its wounds seem much more obvious now, as pieces of the golem crumble away to reveal its rocky innards.

The northwest golem trudges towards the warlock and the ranger with startling speed, and its last step is so heavy that Sureiya is thrown to the ground. Spying easy prey, it swings its massive fist and backhands the fallen half-orc, and though Sureiya manages to roll with the blow he does appear a bit worse for wear.

Myn moves and curses anubisath beta.
Myn's eldritch blast hits the anubisath beta for 15 damage, which bloodies it.
Anubisath alpha moves then uses stomp and slam, hitting Sureiya and missing Myn. As part of this it uses slam against the prone Sureiya, which hits for 17 damage.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-18) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 2, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59, surge value reduced by half
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (H/I-22/23) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-21) 48/65 HP, prone

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (J/K-18/19)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -78 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (V/W-10/11)
Anubisath Delta (Green): (V/W-23/24)

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73546 edit
Samel moves closer to the golem and gives it a tastes of the silver glow . Not satisfied by the effect, he then realizes that they are going to need all the help available for this fight. He gives his pendant around his neck and begins to make a new cast. The symbol glows.
"Come and help us, spirit of the other world."
A glowing figure appears at the deva's command.


Samel moves to J-23
Minor action: Astral seal on Anubisath Beta http://orokos.com/roll/131991 1d20+17: 20
Standard action: Spirit of healing at H-21


Last edited at 13/08/19(Mon)22:02:59
>> No. 73547 edit
File 137698220213.png - (0.99MB , 1010x670 , monument2f.png )
73547
Samel attempts to place a divine seal on the nearby colossus, but even with the aid of his deity, his will is rebuffed. Undeterred, the priest of Oghma conjures an angelic spirit to bolster his companions, and the nearly-transparent, green humanoid figure hovers over the battlefield.

Even as the spirit is called to battle, the thunderous sound of footprints heralds the joining of battle by another construct, which levels a mighty blow in Myn's direction. The warlock manages to dodge away at the last second, but his robes are caught and he is clearly knocked off-balance and winded by the attack. Still flailing on the ground and enraged, the fallen anubisath lands a solid kick on Torinn's face, not drawing blood but knocking the paladin back a bit--and even as the kick lands, a volley of lightning spews from the golem's mouth as it roars--it spirals upwards, and then descends outwards--narrowly passing over the heads of Torinn and Samel, but arcing towards Myn and Sureiya. Sureiya manages to avoid the lightning due to his prone position, and Myn finds himself shielded by Torinn's radiance, which burns away at the offending golem.

Samel moves.
Samel's astral seal misses the anubisath beta.
Samel uses spirit of healing, conjuration a spirit that he can move 4 squares as a move action. Allies in the spirit's square or adjacent to it regain 9 hit points when they hit with an attack.
Anubisath gamma moves, then uses slam against Myn which hits for 21 damage.
Anubisath beta uses slam, which just barely hits Torinn for 24 damage. As a triggered part of this attack it uses lightning volley, and is damaged by Torinn's righteous radiance for 10 radiant damage. It hits Myn but misses Sureiya, Myn takes 9 lightning damage. Torinn heals Myn for 10 hit points with healing radiance.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): 12
Anubisath Beta (Blue): 10
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-18) 41/61 HP, darkspiral aura 2, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59, surge value reduced by half
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 46/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (H/I-22/23) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-21) 48/65 HP, prone
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (H-22)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (J/K-18/19)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -88 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (V/W-10/11)
Anubisath Delta (Green): (V/W-23/24)

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73548 edit
Wait until Myn explains the golems.
>> No. 73549 edit
Myn explains the golems.
>> No. 73550 edit
File 137707136484.jpg - (71.68KB , 400x382 , 134130766173.jpg )
73550
Following Myn's indications, Sureiya decides to ignore the other golems and aids Torinn to deal with the foe in front of him. Slashing it twice, Sureiya doesn't go easy on it, but he doesn't go all for it either yet.
Minor action: Stand up
Move action: Move to G-22
Standard action: Twin strike against Anubisath Beta! (24: 14 damage | 21: 18 damage) and it gets a -2 penalty to all attacks against me until the end of my turn.
http://orokos.com/roll/132210

>> No. 73552 edit
File 137707467027.png - (1.01MB , 1010x670 , monument2g.png )
73552
Bounding to his feet, the half-orc closes the distance with the fallen anubisath and unleashes two furious strikes against it. Each swing of his sword takes a chunk out of the golem's body, and it lets loose a howling roar as it thrashes about on the ground.

The rest of the group seems concentrated on the fallen golem, but the slowest golem to act finally makes its move and approaches the isolated warlock, extending one hand. From it, a tether of lightning arcs out and snags Myn, yanking him off his feet and towards the golem. Though he quickly regains his footing, he finds himself pinned down between the two golems as the final golem brutally slams down a fist, sriking the half-elf hard and leaving him coughing up blood. His imp chatters in a panicked tone as it flies out of Myn's robes and hovers near him briefly before returning to the warlock's side.

Sureiya stands and moves.
Sureiya's twin strike hits twice for 14 damage and 18 damage, and he regains 10 hit points on each hit from spirit of healing.
Anubisath delta moves. Anubisath delta uses lightning tether, which hits Myn and pulls him 4 squares. It then uses slam against Myn, which hits for 16 damage.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): 12
Anubisath Beta (Blue): 10
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-21) 15/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 2, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59, surge value reduced by half
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 46/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (H/I-22/23) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-22) 65/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (H-22)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (J/K-18/19)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -110 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (V/W-10/11)
Anubisath Delta (Green): (Q/R-21/22)

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73553 edit
With the Anubisath down and distracted, Torinn pulls back a few feet. Instilling Myn with vitality. He turns, Rutger kicks at the ground, and springs forward. And manages another solid hit against the construct.

move back three squares
minor action second wind on Myn
charge anubisath at same spot as before http://orokos.com/roll/132245 (23,24)


Last edited at 13/08/21(Wed)19:29:18
>> No. 73554 edit
Torinn backs off briefly, and calls upon his diety to grant Myn some scant resilience before charging back into the fray, planting his sword directly in the golem's torso. The magic blade cleaves through the rock, and the anubisath squirms briefly before its eyes go dim, and green energy leaks from the wound, imbuing itself into the forms of the other three anubisath golems--their eyes glow yellow briefly, and their bodies bristle with electric energy.

Torinn moves, then uses his spirit of virtue power, expending his second wind and a healing surge to allow Myn to regain 7 hit points.
Torinn then charges the anubisath, hitting for 24 damage, which destroys it. Its rejuvenating demise grants all of the remaining anubisaths access to lightning volley.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): 12
Anubisath Beta (Blue): 10
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-21) 22/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59, surge value reduced by half
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 46/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (H/I-22/23) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-22) 65/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (H-22)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (J/K-18/19)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (V/W-10/11)
Anubisath Delta (Green): (Q/R-21/22)

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73555 edit
File 13771388006.png - (1.01MB , 1010x670 , monument2h.png )
73555
Torinn backs off briefly, and calls upon his diety to grant Myn some scant resilience before charging back into the fray, planting his sword directly in the golem's torso. The magic blade cleaves through the rock, and the anubisath squirms briefly before its eyes go dim, and green energy leaks from the wound, imbuing itself into the forms of the other three anubisath golems--their eyes glow yellow briefly, and their bodies bristle with electric energy.

Torinn moves, then uses his spirit of virtue power, expending his second wind and a healing surge to allow Myn to regain 7 hit points.
Torinn then charges the anubisath, hitting for 24 damage, which destroys it. Its rejuvenating demise grants all of the remaining anubisaths access to lightning volley.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): 12
Anubisath Beta (Blue): 10
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-21) 22/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59, surge value reduced by half
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 46/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (H/I-22/23) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-22) 65/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (H-22)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (J/K-18/19)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (V/W-10/11)
Anubisath Delta (Green): (Q/R-21/22)

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73556 edit
Stuck between two hard places, Myn attempts to spread his curse defensively as much as possible before bringing forth a pitch-black swarm of sharp things to hide in.

Use Elan Resilience on last attack that hit. Instead of gaining aura, use corruption to spread to Alpha.

Move action: Shift to O-21.
Minor action: Curse Delta.
Standard action: Cast Hunger of Hadar at P-20.

>> No. 73557 edit
File 137724801316.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2i.png )
73557
Seeing little alternative, Myn backs away and then calls upon a devouring zone of darkness, catching both himself and the anubisaths in the burst--which will shield him from direct attack, as he is effectively invisible, within the swirling darkness. Bristling with newfound power, the alpha anuisath lumbers forward and slams its foot heavily into the ground, knocking Samel off his feet and causing Rutger to lose its balance, Torinn barely managing to remain in the saddle thanks to only the power of his magic boots. A heavy backhand from the golem manages to miss the fallen deva, who rolls out of the way in the nick of time, and uses the movement to prop himself up. As the anubisath swings, however, bolts of lightning arc upwards before descending, completely missing the enshrouded Myn but completely engulfing Sureiya, who is momentarily electrified.

Myn shifts, then curses the anubisath.
Myn uses hunger of hadar, creating a zone that blocks line of sight. Creatures that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 + 2 necrotic damage.
Anubisath alpha moves, then uses slam and stomp, hitting Rutger and Samel and knocking them prone, but missing Torinn. Torinn will still be dismounted and fall prone unless he uses his solid greaves, though I assume he will. As part of this action it uses slam against Samel but misses. Then as a triggered action it uses lightning volley, missing Myn but critting Sureiya for 15 lightning damage.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 22/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 46/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (H/I-22/23) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted, prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-22) 50/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (H-22)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (N/O-18/19)
Anubisath Delta (Green): (Q/R-21/22), cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
Hunger of Hadar is a zone that blocks line of sight. Creatures that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 + 2 necrotic damage.
>> No. 73558 edit
Confused by the massive force that knocked him down, Samel tries to stand up but is unable to. "What was that, it came out of nowhere... This isn't good, I am getting tired already and this battle could last long. It must be an effect of the curse."
He then looks at the source of emanation and realizes what's going on!


"Myn!! Hey guys! Myn is in trouble, we have to back him up!"

Hopefully, he is in range of the divine protection. The cleric doesn't thinks twice and uses the full power of the magic symbol to support Myn against his aggressors.

Minor action: Spirit of healing effect persists.
Minor action: Healing word on Myn http://orokos.com/roll/132615 (18)
Movement action: Move the spirit to L-20
Samel used an action point!
Standard action: Denunciation on Anubisath Gamma (Yellow) http://orokos.com/roll/132616 (26)


Last edited at 13/08/23(Fri)15:12:39
>> No. 73560 edit
File 137731876795.png - (0.98MB , 1010x670 , monument2j.png )
73560
With a flurry of action, despite being prone on the ground, Samel directs his spirit across the battlefield and calls out a quick prayer of healing for Myn, restoring a good amount of the warlock's vitality. Maintaining the concentration on his spirit, he nevertheless manages to chant a divine condemnation of one of the golems, and Oghma's power overwhelms it seses. In response, it does very little but stagger to the north.

Samel persists his spirit then moves it.
Samel uses healing word on Myn, Myn spends a surge to regain 25 hit points.
Samel spends an action point! Samel uses denunciation on the anubisath gamma, causing it to suffer a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses and it is dazed.
Anubisath gamma takes 12 necrotic damage from hunger of hadar. It then moves.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 47/61 HP (Bloodied)[/red], darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 46/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (H/I-22/23) 45/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted, prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-22) 50/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (L-20)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed
Anubisath Delta (Green): (Q/R-21/22), cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
Hunger of Hadar is a zone that blocks line of sight. Creatures that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 + 2 necrotic damage.
>> No. 73561 edit
File 137736666832.jpg - (26.83KB , 853x480 , ill-protect-milady.jpg )
73561
"Hey Myn! You better watch out! These constructs are rather tough!"
Not being very good at motivation, Sureiya returns into something he's a little better, inflicting pain. Seizing the chance, the ranger moves behind the closest golem, and he strikes it twice leaving it weak for further damage. After that, Sureiya continues dancing alongside his blades, bringing destruction upon his victim.
Movement: Move to I-18
Standard: Lashing leaves! (+3 extra damage whenever it is hit) (29: 14 damage | 28: 13 damage)
Minor: Off-hand strike! (25: 21 damage) (7 extra furious assault damage)
Action point! Twin strike for more pain! (21: 12 damage | 28: 17 damage)
(Also, the usual -2 to all attacks against me)
http://orokos.com/roll/132753
http://orokos.com/roll/132755
http://orokos.com/roll/132759


Last edited at 13/08/24(Sat)14:33:31
>> No. 73562 edit
File 137739682054.png - (0.98MB , 1010x670 , monument2k.png )
73562
With an incredibly savage flurry of attacks, Sureiya takes a few chunks out of the dazed anubisath, which growls in rage in response--and lets loose a thunderous blast as well. Sureiya feels it press against his body, though he is in no major pain. Another anubisath moves forward with the intent of inflicting more pain on the ranger, attaching a tether of electricity to him and yanking him backwards. Once in range, it attempts to smack him with its massive fist, but the wiry half-orc dodges the blow. The volley of lightning it unleashes at the same time, however, strikes everyone in the party save Torinn, and Samel seems especially affected by the bolt which strikes him directly in the chest.

Sureiya moves, then uses lashing leaves, off-hand strike, and spends an action point to use twin strike, totaling 84 damage. It also takes 3 extra damage from attacks and suffers a -2 penalty to attack rolls against Sureiya.
Sureiya takes 5 thunder damage from the anubisath's thundering retribution.
Anubisath delta takes 9 necrotic damage from hunger of hadar.
Anubisath delta moves, then uses lightning tether on Sureiya, which hits and pulls him 4 squares. Anubisath delta misses Sureiya with slam, and sets off a lightning volley, which misses Torinn, hits Rutger and Myn for 7 lightning damage (Rutger reduces to 2), and CRITS Samel for 15 lightning damage.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 40/61 HP (Bloodied)[/red], darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 46/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (H/I-22/23) 43/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted, prone
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 50/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (L-20)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -98 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18) -9 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
Hunger of Hadar is a zone that blocks line of sight. Creatures that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 + 2 necrotic damage.
>> No. 73563 edit
Unfettered, Torinn orders Rutger to stand and puts distance between himself and his target again. Rutger roars before they both charge forward again, hitting the weakened Anubisath for significant damage. And, more importantly, putting Torinn where he needs to be to help others.

Have Rutger stand from prone
Move back to H/I 24/25
Charge Anubiseth Gamma at I/J 21/22 w/o provoking OA http://orokos.com/roll/132862 (23, 22)

>> No. 73564 edit
File 137741648093.png - (0.98MB , 1010x670 , monument2l.png )
73564
Torinn urges Rutger to stand, and the big cat does so gracefully, leaping backwards as it regains its footing, then springing forward, driving Torinn's blade through the wounded golem's flank, taking out another chunk. It looks to be barely functioning at this point.

Myn is isolated, and the hungering darkness eats away at his own vitality as well.

Torinn has Rutger stand from prone, shifts back, then charges the anubisath, hitting for 25 damage.
Myn takes 7 necrotic damage from hunger of hadar.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 33/61 HP (Bloodied)[/red], darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 46/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-21/22) 43/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 50/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (L-20)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22)
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -125 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18) -9 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
Hunger of Hadar is a zone that blocks line of sight. Creatures that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 + 2 necrotic damage.
>> No. 73565 edit
Absorbing some of the spilled vitality from the swordspammer, Myn obtains vengeance on the yellow one.


Use Life Siphon off of Sureiya's damage.
Minor action: Curse Alpha.
Move action: Move to N-20.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Gamma.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4192669/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4192670/

>> No. 73566 edit
File 137749267597.png - (0.98MB , 1010x670 , monument2m.png )
73566
Myn staggers out of the life-draining area, muttering another curse before pointing a finger at the damaged anubisath. A ray of eldritch energy pierces the golem's torso, and it collapses into a heap of broken rock. The remaining two canine golems glow with the same thunderous wrath that strikes Torinn fully in retribution, and the first to move stomps the ground heavily, throwing the dragonborn from his mount and knocking the warlock to the ground as well. As it slams its fist into Torinn's prone form, a volley of lightning bolts sprays across the field, but the only one it goes near is Sureiya, who steps out of the way quickly.

Myn can't use life siphon because he has no line of sight. Myn curses the anubisath alpha and then moves.
Myn uses eldritch blast against the anubisath gamma, which hits for 19 damage, destroying it.
The anubisath gamma's thundering retribution deals 5 thunder damage to Torinn and Rutger (Rutger resists) as it falls. It then grants thundering retribution to its allies and heals them to full.
The anubisath alpha uses stomp and slam, hitting Myn and Torinn but missing Rutger, knocking them prone. It then uses slam, hitting Torinn for 17 damage, and its lightning volley misses Sureiya. It takes 10 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 33/61 HP (Bloodied)[/red], darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 24/70 HP (Blooied), surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-21/22) 43/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 50/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (L-20)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -10 HP, cursed
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18), cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
Hunger of Hadar is a zone that blocks line of sight. Creatures that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 + 2 necrotic damage.
>> No. 73567 edit
Samel hesitates to stand up as he sees Torinn getting slammed just steps away from him. Instead, the cleric does what he do best and channels his energy to support his allies.
Minor action: Spirit of Healing persists!
Minor action:Healing word on Torinn. http://orokos.com/roll/133182 (14)
Movement action:Move the spirit to K-21


Last edited at 13/08/26(Mon)17:04:01
>> No. 73570 edit
File 13776035548.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2n.png )
73570
Still lying on his back, Samel orders his spirit to reposition itself and grants Torinn more healing.

Samel sustains his spirit and moves it, then uses healing word on Torinn, allowing Torinn to spend a surge and regain 25 hit points.

Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 33/61 HP (Bloodied)[/red], darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 59/70 HP (Blooied)[/red], surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-21/22) 43/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 50/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (K-21)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -10 HP, cursed
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18), cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
Hunger of Hadar is a zone that blocks line of sight. Creatures that begin their turns in the zone take 2d10 + 2 necrotic damage.
>> No. 73571 edit
File 135511308740.png - (724.16KB , 640x853 , sufferingcarlito.png )
73571
"Get up man! We gotta rid of these guys!"
Ignoring the threat in front of him, the ranger moves near to the other Golem and attacks it twice, or maybe thrice.
Movement: Move to L-20 (flanking with Samel?)
Minor: Quarry Anubisath Alpha
Standard: Twin strike! (With Inevitable Strike during my first hit) (super crit and hit) (one hit for 36 damage and another for 13)
Free attack from harmony! (18 damage if hit)
http://orokos.com/roll/133406
http://orokos.com/roll/133407
http://orokos.com/roll/133408
>> No. 73572 edit
File 137766474791.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2o.png )
73572
Heedless of the danger, Sureiya presses his attack on the anubisath alpha, though he just barely outruns the delta's opportunistic swipe. With a flurry of deadly sword swipes, the ranger leaves the golem looking badly damaged, his magic blades cleaving through the construct like it was made of butter. The other remaining anubisath attempts to yank Samel towards it with a static tether, but due to the fact that the deva is still laying down it can't manage to attach it. Maneuvering around the battlefield, it decides to smash the hapless Myn once more, drawing blood and sending a volley of lightning into the rest of the adventurers. Torinn and Samel are spared, but Sureiya and Rutger are hit by the bolts of lightning.

Sureiya moves, provoking an OA, but the anubisath delta's slam misses. He then sets his quarry and uses twin strike with inevitable strike against the anubisath alpha, critting once and hitting once for a total of 49 damage, and inflicting a -2 penalty to attack rolls against Sureiya. He then hits (because flanking) with his harmony blade free action attack for 18 damage. The anubisath is bloodied. He also regains 15 hit points from the spirit of healing.
The anubisath delta uses lightning tether against Samel but misses. It then moves around and uses slam against Myn, which hits for 18 damage. The lightning volley hits Rutger and Sureiya for 13 lightning damage but misses Torinn and Samel.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 15/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 59/70 HP (Blooied)[/red], surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-21/22) 30/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 52/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (K-21)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -10 HP, cursed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18) -67 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73573 edit
Even from the ground, Torinn extends healing light towards Myn. Not as inconvenienced as the enemy likely hoped he would be, Torinn springs back to his feet. Blade glowing with holy power, he smites the anubisanth hard, extending more protection towards the warlock.

Use Shield of Devotion on Myn as an immediate reaction to heal him for 5 HP
Stand from prone
Strike of Hope w/ Holy Smite http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4196424/ (26, 22) and Myn gains 10 THP

>> No. 73574 edit
File 137774760852.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2p.png )
73574
Myn feels some of his strength return, thanks to a bit of quick shielding from the paladin. Torinn rises to his feet and imbues his blade with divine strength and he cleaves into the damaged golem, provoking a thunderous blast in response that strikes him, his snarling cat companion, and Sureiya heavily in the gut.

Torinn uses shield of devotion to allow Myn to regain 5 hit points. Torinn stands from prone.
Torinn's strike of hope with holy smite hits the anubisath alpha for 22 radiant damage and the alpha is dazed until the end of his next turn. Torinn regains 5 hit points.
Anubisath alpha's thundering retribution deals 5 thunder damage to Torinn, Rutger, and Sureiya.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Anubisath Alpha (Red): 19
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 20/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 3, surge value reduced by half, slowed, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 64/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-21/22) 30/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 52/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (K-21)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -99 HP (Bloodied), cursed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18), cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73575 edit
File 137784466974.gif - (2.07MB , 640x360 , coloncapitallettero.gif )
73575
Still mostly dead, Myn saves the day.


NOW use life siphon off of Sureiya's damage.

Minor action: Stand from prone.
Move action: Shift to M-20.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Alpha.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4197967/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4197968/

(AP)Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Alpha.
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4197972/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4197974/

>> No. 73576 edit
File 137786142939.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2q.png )
73576
Drawing some power from Sureiya's pain, Myn infuses his next attack with extra accuracy--and he immediately puts this to use, leaping to his feet with the help of his magic boots, and shifting away from the still-not-dazed anubisath. Turning his eldritch might against the damaged golem, Myn proceeds to blast a chunk of the construct's shoulder off with a beam of eldritch energy, before finishing it with a potent psionic blast. It collapses backwards and lands flat on its back, cracked limbs sprawled against the sandy cobblestone.

Myn's life siphon allows him to regain 5 hit points and gain a bonus on his next attack roll. He stands and shifts.
Myn's edlritch blast deals 21 damage to the anubisath alpha.
Myn spends an action point! Myn's shared agony deals 19 psychic damage to the anubisath alpha, destroying it.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 25/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 4, surge value reduced by half, slowed, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 59/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-21/22) 25/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 47/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (K-21)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -139 HP (Bloodied), cursed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya, quarry, dazed DESTROYED
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18), cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73577 edit
Finally able to get back on two legs, Samel regains his morale seeing that the majority of golems are no longer able to fight. On the other hand, he shows no sign of slackening and fixes the last golem standing with conviction as he orders it to commit itself for the final assault. All this, while keeping control over his partner from the other world.

Movement action: Samel stands up.
Minor action: Spirit of the healing persists.
Standard action: Samel uses Command on Anubisath Delta (Green) and forces it to move to M/N-23/24.
http://orokos.com/roll/133987 (32)

>> No. 73578 edit
File 137793913450.png - (90.71KB , 356x480 , Kinshannon.png )
73578
Staying near of Samel's spirit, Sureiya throws his magic sword against the golem, attempting to hit it once and back.
Quarry golem
Ranged twin strike! (two misses) http://orokos.com/roll/134106

>> No. 73579 edit
File 137794638415.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2r.png )
73579
Samel crawls to his feet and, channeling a bit of power into his spirit, another muttered prayer and stern gaze concentrating Oghma's divine will into the golem, sending it staggering forward and leaving its programming scrambled. Despite this distracting, Sureiya hurls his blade twice and manages to miss both times.

Shaking itself from its stupor, the golem roars and rushes Myn, slamming the warlock with a fierce backhand, sending the half-elf's blood splattered across the ground. A torrent of lightning shoots from the golem's torso, striking Rutger, whose fur is badly singed at this point, and Sureiya head-on.

Samel stands and sustains his spirit.
Samel uses command to slide the golem around and it is dazed until the end of his next turn.
Sureiya sets his quarry and uses ranged twin strike but misses twice.
The anubisath delta charges Myn with slam, hitting for 17 damage. As part of slam it uses lightning volley, missing Torinn and Samel but hitting Rutger and Sureiya for 10 lightning damage.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 18/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 4, surge value reduced by half, slowed, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 59/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-21/22) 15/45 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 37/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (K-21)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -139 HP (Bloodied), cursed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya, quarry, dazed DESTROYED
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18), cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73580 edit
Myn retaliates.

Immediate reaction: Use Darkspiral Aura against Delta.
Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4199556/

>> No. 73581 edit
File 137794638415.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2r.png )
73581
As part of the warlock's pact, an unknown force lashes out at the anubisath from within, weakening the backhand blow.

Myn uses darkspiral aura, dealing 21 damage to the anubisath delta and weakening it for the slam attack.

Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-21) 26/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 1, surge value reduced by half, slowed, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 59/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-21/22) 15/45 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 47/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (K-21)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -139 HP (Bloodied), cursed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya, quarry, dazed DESTROYED
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18) -21 HP, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73582 edit
Torinn gets back into the saddle and charges ahead, scoring a glancing blow on the construct.

climb back on Rutger
charge to L/M 21/22 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4199712/ (33, 17)


Last edited at 13/08/31(Sat)10:32:02
>> No. 73583 edit
Myn dashes back behind the safety of his meatshield, briefly manipulating his fate before tossing a wad of worms at the remaining foe.

Move action: Move to K-19.
Minor action: Cast Fey Bargain.
Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Delta.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4200186/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4200188/

>> No. 73584 edit
File 13780179421.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2s.png )
73584
Torinn pulls himself back into the saddle even as Rutger builds up speed, and lands a slash across the golem's side as the big cat surges back into the fray. Myn staggers away and then whirls around, muttering a quick bargain with a mysterious fey contact he once knew before conjuring a bursting mass of worms in the ankles of the towering anubisath.

Torinn mounts up and charges, hitting for 17 damage, and regains 5 hit points from spirit of healing.
Myn moves, then uses fey bargain (+2 to next attack but failing next save), and attacks the anubisath with darkworm feast, hitting for 16 necrotic damage. It is also slowed until the end of his next turn.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-19) 26/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 1, surge value reduced by half, slowed, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 64/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-21/22) 15/45 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 47/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (K-21)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -139 HP (Bloodied), cursed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya, quarry, dazed DESTROYED
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18) -54 HP, cursed, slowed

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73585 edit
File 137809822761.jpg - (134.54KB , 1124x710 , 021512341.jpg )
73585
"Stop at once, wicked construct!"
Commanding his green haired spirit to move forward, Samel unleashes a weakening curse against the remaining golem.
Minor: Sustain spirit of healing
Move: Move spirit to L-20
Standard: Bane against the golem (23) http://orokos.com/roll/134354

>> No. 73586 edit
File 133969364379.png - (59.41KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria2.png )
73586
Sureiya moves ahead too, checks for a weak spot and wacks the remaining Golem.
Minor action:Quarry Anubisath Delta
Move action: Move to M-20
Standard action: Twin Strike! (34: 9 damage + 4 | 26: 12 damage + 2) (total of 28 damage I think)http://orokos.com/roll/134355
http://orokos.com/roll/134356

>> No. 73587 edit
File 137811277338.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2t.png )
73587
Samel focuses a great amount of effort into weakening the golem even as Sureiya strides in and slashes with his magic blades, cleaving off big chunks of stone in his fury. The canine golem stomps the ground in defiance, causing the wounded big cat to lose its balance and throw Torinn to the ground, and also knocking Sureiya off his feet. That doesn't stop Sureiya from swinging a sword to cleave into the constructs ankles as it levels a massive slam towards Torinn, which the paladin barely deflects with his shield. The lightning volley from its torso sails over the heads of Myn and Samel, but Torinn's radiance still burns the golem in retribution.

It would appear the anubisath is nearly finished.

Samel sustains his spirit and moves.
Samel uses bane which hits the anubisath, inflicting upon it a -5 attack and defense penalty.
Sureiya moves and sets his quarry.
Sureiya uses twin strike and hits twice for a total of 28 damage, this bloodies the anubisath. Sureiya is healed for 18 hit points but Sureiya, Torinn, and Rutger take 5 thunder damage from thundering retribution.
The anubisath delta uses stomp and slam, missing Torinn but critting Sureiya and hitting Rutger, knocking them prone. Torinn falls off his mount.
The anubisath delta uses slam as part of the above, but misses, and Sureiya hits it with disruptive strike for 21 damage, regaining another 9 hit points but then taking 5 more from thundering retribution. http://orokos.com/roll/134368
The delta's lightning volley misses Samel and Myn, and the delta takes 10 radiant damage from righteous radiance.


Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-19) 27/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 2, surge value reduced by half, slowed, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 58/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-21/22) 15/45 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 60/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (L-20)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -139 HP (Bloodied), cursed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya, quarry, dazed DESTROYED
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18) -113 HP (Bloodied), slowed, -5 to attacks and defenses, Sureiya's quarry

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73588 edit
File 13006364745.jpg - (414.00KB , 844x1295 , power readings are off the scale.jpg )
73588
"Fall."

stand from prone
crit with valiant strike : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4202032/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4202035/ (28 26 damage total)


Last edited at 13/09/02(Mon)10:29:09
>> No. 73590 edit
File 137818661872.png - (0.97MB , 1010x670 , monument2u.png )
73590
Torinn climbs to his feet and swings his blade heavily, striking true, neatly cleaving off one of the construct's legs. It collapses on itself shortly thereafter in a messy heap.

Torinn stands from prone and uses valiant strike, critting for 26 damage. This destroys the last golem and Torinn regains 9 hit points.

Initiative
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 21-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 8
Anubisath Delta (Green): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-19) 27/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 2, surge value reduced by half, slowed, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 44/59, surge value reduced by half, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 58/70 HP, surge value reduced by half, +5 to damage and +2 to speed
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-21/22) 15/45 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 60/65 HP
Spirit of Healing (Conjuration): (L-20)

Enemies
Anubisath Alpha (Red): (K/L-21/22) -139 HP (Bloodied), cursed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya, quarry, dazed DESTROYED
Anubisath Beta (Blue): (F/G-23/24) -134 HP (Bloodied), prone, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya DESTROYED
Anubisath Gamma (Yellow): (H/I-19/20) -144 HP (Bloodied), -4 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, 3 extra damage from attacks DEAD
Anubisath Delta (Green): (M/N-17/18) -139 HP (Bloodied), slowed, -5 to attacks and defenses, Sureiya's quarry

Notes
Knowledge of the constructs is arcana.
>> No. 73591 edit
"...You don't look very well" says Sureiya, looking at Myn. "This gotta be monument that chick mentioned, so why don't you try resting over here?"
Sureiya pushes Myn near of the resplendent object in the room and urges him to rest a little.
>> No. 73592 edit
Torinn comes out of whatever possessed him earlier and sheathes his weapon. He nurses a small headache as he leads Rutger, who once again has Myn in its jaws, into the healing light.
>> No. 73593 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73593
Surges Spent (Pre-Rest)
Myn: 1
Torinn: 2

Action Points Spent
Everyone spent one
>> No. 73594 edit
take short rest in the light
>> No. 73596 edit
File 134692307521.png - (444.65KB , 434x756 , shmiontarot_2.png )
73596
When the group rests in the light of the monument, Myn, Samel, and Torinn feel themselves made whole again. The curse of the desert is lifted.

The light of the desert removes the curse over a short rest.
>> No. 73598 edit
Before he does anything else, Torinn realizes that they haven't sent word back of how they're doing or what's happened. It's been quite a few days already-

And that stolen griffon needs to be retaken.

Torinn takes out one of the scrolls of sending Sid entrusted them with. He unfurls the scroll and checks its instructions. He pictures the tinkering gnome in his mind and thinks out a message.

Something short.


"Sariel deserted the party in Ormpetarr. Fifth griffon was stolen by a kenku wizard. Be on the lookout. We're halfway across the mote now."
>> No. 73599 edit
Glad to see his comrades less troubled by the effects of the curse, Sureiya sits down and takes some time to catch his breath. Then he approaches the cleric.
"Hey Samel, you know, there was this strange enchantment Sariel used to perform to share some of us vitality with others. Have you heard of something like that before?"
>> No. 73600 edit
Nursing himself while admiring the monument, Samel replies
"What you mean is what we call Comrades' Succor. Every competent cleric from Baldur's gate knows that one. If you meant if I can perform it, the answer is yes and I second that idea. It doesn't take that long too."

For the first rest Samel uses an healing surge and 1 healing word on Myn

Last edited at 13/09/04(Wed)17:19:20
>> No. 73601 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73601
After placing the battle standard, Samel administers some healing towards Myn, and the group is nearly fully healed.

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-19) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (N-23) 59/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J-20) 64/70 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-21/22) 21/45 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-18) 65/65 HP
>> No. 73607 edit
Nodding, the ranger adds. "Yeah, must be that. Please go ahead with it."
While the cleric prepares for the ritual, Sureiya inspects the room, and attempt to move the wall blocking the way to the stairs.
Perception: lol im blind (15) http://orokos.com/roll/135440
>> No. 73608 edit
Myn attempts to remove the gallons of caked blood from his clothing.

"At least this curse has conveniently dispersed."
>> No. 73609 edit
Having recovered, Torinn announces his intentions to scout ahead of the group. Rutger tenses up and leaps at a nearby wall, clambering up to the top. From there, the paladin takes out his spyglass and survey his surroundings.

take 10 and climb up tallest nearby structure
use spyglass to observe city : http://orokos.com/roll/135444 (19)

>> No. 73610 edit
Samel sits on the floor and takes out of his bag a book. He opens it and turns the pages until he finds what he's looking for and deposits it on the ground. He takes out of the bag a small sachet that contains powder and tells his group to not take too long in what they doing since he is ready to perform.

Last edited at 13/09/07(Sat)11:45:59
>> No. 73611 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73611
Sureiya doesn't find any walls that aren't there, and the gate leading back seems completely normal and unlocked, you could probably push it right back open. Aside from the monument, the small chamber appears to have no unremarkable features.

From his vantage point atop the wall, Torinn views a slightly better view of the city, though it appears largely the same--empty, and abandoned, with no signs of life. There appear to be no goods or valuables strewn about, though seeing inside the buildings would be difficult from here. A thorough search of the city would likely take hours, but there appears to be no danger. The streets are empty, with broken merchant stalls apparently stripped clean of goods before being abandoned. Sand has blown over most of the roads, leaving the cobblestone barely visible, and the wooden window shutters of most of the stone buildings have been worn away or otherwise damaged by the wind. It is eerily quiet, with only a small buzz reaching the dragonborn's ears, insect-like in tone.
>> No. 73612 edit
Sureiya returns and gets ready.
>> No. 73613 edit
Finding nothing of note, Torinn climbs back down and announces, "The streets are barren and empty."
>> No. 73614 edit
File 137859023099.png - (389.40KB , 434x840 , Mionadvice1.png )
73614
>>73613
"Then let's not waste time."
Samel opens the sachet and puts a portion of the healing salves infront of him. He takes a little bit of it in his right hand. Before starting, one thought comes to his mind.
"If you don't know, once I start this ritual everyone will be able to share part of their vitality and luck with the rest of us. It will ensures that everyone will get to the end of this world saving mission healthy and sound. If everyone is ready, I will start now."

The cleric starts reading aloud the long page of the book while holding on the healing salve. As a short burst comes out of his hand, he emits a sound suggesting that he had to tribute some of his own vitality to create the link between everyone. He says. "So, if you would take a pinch of the salve..."

We distribute the surges as suggested before.

Last edited at 13/09/07(Sat)14:49:03
>> No. 73615 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73615
With the completion of the ritual, the party's vitality has now been redistributed to the front-line fighters.

Remaining Surges
Torinn: 6 surges
Sureiya: 5 surges
Samel: 3 surges
Myn: 3 surges

>> No. 73616 edit
"Now, why don't we look around, we might find something useful."

Last edited at 13/09/08(Sun)20:38:34
>> No. 73618 edit
File 129625592147.png - (59.43KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana17.png )
73618
"I think we overlooked something just before getting into this room. I think we should look for clues over there first."
Saying this, the ranger goes back and inspects the abandoned campsite.
Perception (18) http://orokos.com/roll/135611
>> No. 73619 edit
File 137869263840.png - (650.63KB , 1037x666 , Mionarmsbehind12.png )
73619
Samel nods and follows the ranger to the campsite. There, he looks around him.

"What's in the campsite that can be useful, or clues that I can spot from my position." Perception (30) http://orokos.com/roll/135615

Last edited at 13/09/08(Sun)19:13:38
>> No. 73620 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
73620
As far as Sureiya can tell, the campsite has been rather thoroughly tossed and left to dry. Samel can confirm that there is absolutely nothing valuable or magical at the abandoned guard post. There are, however, small trails in the sand that suggest that something hovered quite close above them and stirred up the sand without actually touching the ground.
>> No. 73622 edit
>>73618
>>73619
"Find anything?"
>> No. 73623 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
73623
"Not really" says Sureiya. "Why don't you give a check to that gizmo Sid gave us?"
>> No. 73624 edit
>>73623
"Oh! Right." Torinn stops looking at his heritage long enough to take out the leyline tracker.
leyline tracker to start tracking leylines
>> No. 73625 edit
Audio 06_-_Altepa_Desert_.mp3 - (5.92MB , 06 - Altepa Desert .mp3 )
73625
The indicator indicates that the nearest leyline is near, and in the direction of the temple on the hill.
>> No. 73626 edit
File 131836288151.png - (131.28KB , 600x569 , i'm on a horse.png )
73626
"...Well, it's pointing to the temple. But if I might be so selfish, I don't feel like going there just yet. I want to take in more of the sights of the old city. Of what used to belong to my people."
>> No. 73627 edit
File 137879544824.png - (41.56KB , 167x200 , Kanondresss.png )
73627
"If this is the giant's land then we won't stay unnoticed for long" the ranger argues. "If ya really want to check the ruins then you better are stealthy and quick."
>> No. 73628 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
73628
Still a little unsure, the ranger scouts the village while trying to remain as unnoticeable as possible.
Perception: 22, Stealth: 27
http://orokos.com/roll/136020

>> No. 73629 edit
File 137893109835.png - (734.78KB , 900x675 , HiImadeimage.png )
73629
A little irritated of having found nothing earlier, Samel hopes for better luck at the heart of the city. He positions himself in the middle of the group, firmly holding his mace and scanning every alley which they pass by for potential enemies. Whenever an opportunity arises, he enters a building and there looks for valuables and books. Although he is not very good at moving stealthly, he learns quickly by watching the ranger.

Perception(28)http://orokos.com/roll/136002
Stealth(19) http://orokos.com/roll/136025


Last edited at 13/09/11(Wed)13:24:59
>> No. 73631 edit
Torinn isn't particularly subtle, in manner or movement, but he does his best to move around quietly and take things in.

Speaking of the things he's taking in, what does he know about them?


Perception, stealth, and history on the area, in that order : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4213610/ (20, 11, 16)

Last edited at 13/09/11(Wed)14:27:25
>> No. 73632 edit
Audio 23_-_Sometime_Somewhere.mp3 - (2.64MB , 23 - Sometime Somewhere.mp3 )
73632
Over the course of several hours, the party turns the city inside out, with Sureiya and Samel scanning the houses, Torinn investigating the objects they find to see what he knows of them, and Myn plodding along in the rear silently.

Though many of the houses and stalls appear to have been stripped of their possessions, the group also finds quite a few items left behind. Most were determined to be worthless, but a few items caught the eyes of one or more of the adventurers: a velvet doublet vest set with pearl buttons that Torinn identifies as being dragonborn in design (worth 500 gp, two clockwork toys of delicate design; one made of gold and the other electrum (250 gp each), a golden ring set with a black pearl with elven script written on the interior (worth 1000 gp), a large platinum belt buckle inscribed with an insignia made of Topaz that Torinn recognizes as belonging to the house of Litmar (worth 1000 gp), and a magnificently crafted silver hourglass that looks like it uses crushed amethyst in place of sand (worth 1000 gp).

It is now evening and dusk will arrive within the hour.
>> No. 73633 edit
After significant exposition about the artifacts they find, Torinn realizes that it's starting to get dark.

"I think we may need to settle down somewhere for the night."
>> No. 73634 edit
File 137901038173.png - (456.55KB , 994x771 , 1280277615809_ib4f.png )
73634
"We should return to the monument room, then."
>> No. 73635 edit
>>73634
"Would it not be safer indoors?"
>> No. 73636 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73636
While the party is discussing this, Sureiya thinks he for a moment saw a humanoid figure peeking around from behind one of the buildings. When he fixes his gaze in that direction though, he sees nothing, but hears the sound of something moving away.
>> No. 73637 edit
File 135823060563.jpg - (20.09KB , 256x256 , 1284337252767.jpg )
73637
"Huh? Hold on, I think I saw someone over there." Sureiya goes look over the building.
More perception and stealth because why not? (23, 12) http://orokos.com/roll/136378
>> No. 73638 edit
Double move to run 14 squares away, preferably around corners if available.
>> No. 73639 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73639
For a moment, Sureiya manages to catch a glimpse of a familiar-looking human female before she escapes around the corner of one of the buildings.
>> No. 73640 edit
>>73637
"Are you sure? I don't hear anything at all."
derp http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4215752/
>> No. 73641 edit
"Hey you! Wait!"
Run and catch the mysterious pokemon

Last edited at 13/09/13(Fri)16:17:42
>> No. 73642 edit
Block off pursuers.
>> No. 73643 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73643
Sureiya is clearly faster than the fleeing individual, though he finds some paths suddenly blocked by goat-like conjurations. There are a lot of alleyways though, so doubling back will lose some time though may allow the chase to continue, as the runner is not being terribly stealthy and is easy to hear.
>> No. 73644 edit
Torinn isn't sure what it is Sureiya saw, but apparently he found out they weren't alone here.

"I'm going to scout above. You two stay put." Torinn then takes off and peers through the invaluable spyglass.

take ten athletics, climb nearest structure
look through spyglass towards where Sureiya called out

>> No. 73645 edit
Run until I find my prey

Last edited at 13/09/13(Fri)16:17:28
>> No. 73646 edit
File 131475160362.png - (32.49KB , 128x128 , bernkastelpctoken.png )
73646
Torinn's mount has no trouble scaling the walls of the structures, and with his spyglass he is able to track down the runner after leaping to another building with ease. Sureiya is hot in pursuit, though the elementals have put him quite far behind. It would appear that she is trying to wind her way around to head back out of the city. Though it's questionable whether Sureiya would be able to catch her in time, Rutger's superior speed would easily allow him to head her off.
>> No. 73647 edit
>>73646
Torinn almost drops his spyglass in shock. Was he seeing--

No, no time for doubting, now is the time for chasing.


Chase down mysterious figure
>> No. 73648 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
73648
>>73647
The shaman continues to navigate her way through the city, oblivious to the tiger.
>> No. 73649 edit
>>73648
Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, Torinn zips across the dilapidated city skyline at full speed. He's not sure why she's running, but he was about to find out. Pulling ahead of her, Torinn has Rutger drop off a nearby wall and land in front of her to cut her off. And then grabs her firmly by the collar with his justice hands.

grab attack : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4215981/ (22, I guess)
>> No. 73650 edit
File 137911743186.png - (77.78KB , 306x391 , bern111.png )
73650
>>73649
??! Where did you come from let go geez

Immediately, the shaman's spirit companion appears to help pull her free.


Minor action: Speak with Spirits, Acrobatics +5.
Move action: try escape http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4215997/
Move action: successful escape due to Torinn not having his shield out http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4215998/
Shift away.


After a brief struggle, the shaman manages to escape the tyrant's grasp, and runs back the way she came.
>> No. 73651 edit
Delayed by the giant tiger, Sureiya relatively catches up with the running girl.
"You! What have you been doing all this time? We thought you were a goner!"
>> No. 73652 edit
>>73650
"What are you doing--"
Torinn is cut off by Bernkastel wrenching free. The shaman is being particularly elusive.
"Why?!" Torinn yells in exasperation.
Move up
miss with grab : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4216007/ (19)

>> No. 73653 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
73653
>>73651
>>73652
Seeing Sureiya, the shaman stops. did he catch up already why are they so fast

With a sigh of resignation, the shaman gives up.


"When did you guys become so forceful."

Last edited at 13/09/13(Fri)17:27:06
>> No. 73654 edit
File 137911871155.png - (349.16KB , 568x569 , sakutarou_invisiblesandwich.png )
73654
>>73653
With the adrenaline flowing out of him, Torinn's expression softens. Now that they're not running anymore, he and Sureiya look like the bad guys. Hah, look at him, chasing down and grabbing at women. What has the world come to? His mother raised him better than that.

"I'm sorry, I overreacted," he apologizes. "I missed you. We all did."
>> No. 73655 edit
Trying to get out from "hunting mode" Sureiya tries to calm down the mood a little.
"Eh... it seems Torinn was a little too happy to see you again, but well, why were you running away?"
>> No. 73656 edit
File 137911977384.jpg - (58.88KB , 164x307 , mb13.jpg )
73656
>>73654
>>73655
The shaman thinks for a bit, looking down.

Reaching a conclusion, she faces the two melee fighters.
"I guess I can explain a bit, but it's dangerous for you to be broken off from the others. Sometimes, they send patrols."
>> No. 73657 edit
>>73656
They? Torinn didn't like the sound of that.

"Would you please accompany us then? Back to the rest of the group?"
>> No. 73658 edit
"We have spent here some good time already. Do you think 'they' have found us already?"
>> No. 73659 edit
File 131415489278.jpg - (34.10KB , 140x140 , mb11.jpg )
73659
>>73657
"Fine." There are questions to ask them, and these people are too fast to run from, anyway.

With that, the shaman leads the walk back.

>> No. 73660 edit
>>73659
Torinn follows behind. He has quite a few questions.
>> No. 73662 edit
File 132259706726.jpg - (20.60KB , 143x158 , mb9.jpg )
73662
>>73658
"It's hard to say. Did you see any archons here? Aside from mine."
>> No. 73663 edit
"We fighted a few ones on the way here, but they weren't very tough." says the ranger, following them.

Last edited at 13/09/13(Fri)18:09:42
>> No. 73664 edit
Shortly, Torinn, Sureya and the hostage meet with the other two.
>> No. 73665 edit
File 130678104694.jpg - (34.71KB , 163x195 , k04a.jpg )
73665
>>73663
Pausing for a moment, the shaman replies, "Then the giants should have been alerted."
>> No. 73666 edit
File 130679427695.jpg - (58.12KB , 182x320 , k05-06a.jpg )
73666
>>73664
"Hello," says the shaman upon her arrival.
>> No. 73667 edit
File 137912178871.png - (435.08KB , 700x817 , autumn stars.png )
73667
Torinn calls out to the others when they get back, gesturing towards their guest, "great news, everyone : you'll never guess who we found."

Oh, right, Samel didn't know her. "Erm, Samel, this is 'Bernkastel'. She was adventuring with us before."
>> No. 73668 edit
File 13115685735.png - (71.55KB , 281x270 , bern82.png )
73668
>>73667
And I would have gotten away from you, too.
>> No. 73669 edit
Myn looks puzzled.

"One would think this to be a fairly strange coincidence."

Arcana check for spscs illusion imouto:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4217154/
>> No. 73670 edit
File 131120665080.png - (6.08KB , 35x45 , cut2.png )
73670
Explaining first, huh.

"We wanted to contact the Fell King, but it didn't go well and I climbed into a hole to the Elemental Chaos and then eventually ended up here."
>> No. 73671 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
73671
"Contact the Fell King?" Sureiya questions a little confused. "Is that why you returned to the leyline? You know, you got us really worried, and seeing what happened you shouldn't have try it."
>> No. 73672 edit
File 131025703658.png - (3.30KB , 56x61 , bern127.png )
73672
>>73671
"Well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion. I think it was worth trying."
>> No. 73673 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
73673
"Hah, so let's assume you had a good reason to contact the Fell King, worth of risking to lose your life and maybe even worse things. Why did you hide from us? You know, we can bring you back to the surface."
>> No. 73674 edit
File 131835947914.png - (39.67KB , 200x200 , sip2.png )
73674
>>73673
The shaman stares at the obvious question. "I wasn't going to die, and I thought you would catch and stop me. Was I wrong?"

After a pause, she adds, "My decision to pursue the Fell King didn't involve you. Aren't you here for your own reasons?"
>> No. 73675 edit
File 129625592147.png - (59.43KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana17.png )
73675
A little dumbfounded, Sureiya stands there thinking what to say.
"I didn't remember this girl being so difficult before."


"Yeah we've got our own reasons, and you must remember, as you were with us before. We gotta perform that ritual in the leyline, and that surely means confronting the Giants. Do you know anything about them? We heard there were slaves in this village but we haven't seen any."

Last edited at 13/09/14(Sat)14:04:14
>> No. 73676 edit
File 130688938861.jpg - (58.75KB , 276x226 , s06-07a.jpg )
73676
>>73675
"The slaves work in the cave," says the shaman, pointing. "The giants have them mining. They helped me with staying hidden.

"Speaking of which, maybe you should find some shelter? It gets cold at night, and there are supposed to be patrols... Though for some reason I haven't seen any for the last two days."
>> No. 73677 edit
File 129831635457.png - (37.53KB , 434x515 , kan_majimea10.png )
73677
"You haven't seen them? That's suspicious.
What about you. Do you plan to stay here?"
>> No. 73678 edit
File 130467051454.jpg - (39.79KB , 233x172 , mb2.jpg )
73678
>>73677
"I would have gone back to the cave, given the choice. But, well, did anything happen without me?"
>> No. 73679 edit
>>73678

"We took a trip to the ocean."
>> No. 73680 edit
File 131539985557.jpg - (31.03KB , 120x115 , mb10.jpg )
73680
>>73679
"?"

The shaman looks questioningly at Myn, as though awaiting an explanation.
>> No. 73681 edit
Myn recounts their adventures apart with exquisite detail, weaving the story into an intricate tapestry of knowledge. All crafthalfelfship is of the highest quality. The tale menaces with spikes of illithid leather.
>> No. 73682 edit
File 130908460460.jpg - (45.27KB , 155x304 , k20a.jpg )
73682
>>73681
"I see. Another vision, huh." Not that it had any details that the shaman didn't already suspect, of course, but... maybe the next one will.

"Actually, what happened to your group after the last ritual? The number seems smaller, and I only recognize three members." The shaman turns to the deva. "Was it Samel?"

Last edited at 13/09/14(Sat)16:52:55
>> No. 73683 edit
Probably because of its isolation from the past, Samel is never very excited to meet foreigners. That's why he omitted to say anything when Torinn presented the shaman. However, when he heard the conversation between her and Myn, as well as detailed and complete explanation he provides on a simple request, he realized that the group respected this person as would friends. So he resigned himself to answer a warm tone for a great start a relationship.

"Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Last edited at 13/09/14(Sat)17:42:32
>> No. 73684 edit
File 131475160362.png - (32.49KB , 128x128 , BernkastelPCtoken.png )
73684
>>73683
"Hello, Mr. Samel? I'm called Bernkastel, a shaman to these two spirit companions."

Two ephemeral, humanoid figures appear by her side, silently greeting Samel.
http://boonce.org/up/spirit-token.png
http://boonce.org/up/spirit2-token.png

"We used to adventure together. There were also others, like Ms. Sariel and Mr. Shiningarm, but they don't seem to be in your company."

Last edited at 13/09/14(Sat)20:01:46
>> No. 73685 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
73685
"Eh, a lot of things happened. Folka left to deal with some personal stuff. Samel joined us at Baldur's Gate. Once we got here a Kenku joined us for a while, but then somehow left while stealing one of our griffons, or maybe just got lost...
Sariel got upset after we accepted the Kenku into our group, and left as well.

So yeah, the group has been slowly shattering since you left, but there's a lot of work to do, so nothing to feel down over."

Last edited at 13/09/14(Sat)23:52:45
>> No. 73686 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
73686
>>73685
"It sounds complicated. But griffons?"

The shaman looks around.

"Did you lose all of them?"
>> No. 73688 edit
File 129721828313.png - (88.86KB , 291x478 , kan_defa1.png )
73688
"No, well, actually I forgot about Aghanim. We meet him here too, but he looked a little more reliable than our feathered friend. In any case, there was something else bothering me" says Sureiya, a lot more serious.

"You said you went back to the leyline because you wanted to contact the Fell King. Well, that's a little troubling, so I'll ask you to tell us why did you want to do so. Think a little before replying, as your answer could make us stop being allies."
>> No. 73689 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
73689
He's asking this just now, huh. "Do you want the obvious answer? I had something to tell him."
>> No. 73690 edit
"Something, you say? Were you trying to aid him?"
>> No. 73691 edit
File 129475012166.jpg - (62.52KB , 310x438 , 11567225.jpg )
73691
>>73690
"I don't particularly want to go into details. I do as the spirits wish, and I am not privy to their agenda." says the shaman, gesturing to her spirit companions.

"Still, wouldn't it be convenient if the Fell King stopped trying to incite wars, and the whole Shadowfell business simply faded away without further effort?"
>> No. 73692 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
73692
"Yes, it would be convenient indeed. But do you really think there's any way to stop the Fell King ambitions? From the visions we got I've got the impression revenge fuels his need for destruction."
>> No. 73694 edit
File 131005666672.png - (102.01KB , 213x284 , bern79.png )
73694
"If you agree, then it's fine, right. Even if you yourself don't mind the Fell King wouldn't be brought to justice, it's not like the duke would let me act independently, so it made sense to leave."

The shaman crosses her arms and faces Sureiya. Her spirits join in, their glares boring holes into the ranger. They don't seem to appreciate threats.

"I even told you what I wanted to do. Isn't it enough?"
>> No. 73695 edit
"Very well, I apologize." Quickly changing the subject, the ranger continues.

"So, will you join us again? You can leave once we're on the surface if you don't really want to see the Duke again."
>> No. 73696 edit
File 130420372318.jpg - (42.83KB , 188x194 , mb3.jpg )
73696
>>73695
Well, okay.

"I think you guys are supposed to help a local spirit free the slaves from the giants, somehow," says the shaman, looking down. "The slaves called her the Windrunner."

After looking to her ghostly companions, the shaman adds, "I guess that means you'll be fighting the giants. Okay, we can help each other a bit."
>> No. 73697 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
73697
"Alright, it might be a good idea to rest a little before getting into that temple. Let's meet here tomorrow at first hour."
>> No. 73698 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
73698
>>73697
"You'd rather not visit the cave? I think it should be easier to evade detection there."
>> No. 73699 edit
Sureiya throws a glance at his companions. Heavy armors, colorful skins, huge shields and weapons.
"...the less weird looking guy here is that silent arcanist."


"If you think you can hide us there I think I'll follow you."
>> No. 73700 edit
File 129887131182.png - (34.98KB , 246x197 , ice.png )
73700
>>73699
"It should be fine. You're the chosen warriors and everything."

The shaman once again leads the way.
>> No. 73701 edit
>>73691
Is that all? She could have told somebody first. People were worried sick.

"Give the chance, I'd probably have done something similar."

Cough. "They hold slaves in the cavern, huh? Let's start there."
>> No. 73702 edit
File 132447505226.png - (56.05KB , 160x223 , b1 (2).png )
73702
>>73701
Really?

The shaman looks surprised for a moment, but marches on.

>> No. 73703 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73703
"Bernkastel," having traveled this area thoroughly, quickly leads the party out of the city and into the caves as the sun sets. The cavern is quite spacious, and gently illuminated by bronze torches welded to the rough cavern walls. The exact height and width varies, but is always large enough for the party to travel comfortably. It isn't too long before they arrive in a more brightly illuminated area, marked by what appear to be makeshift tents resembling the encampment on the other side of the cursed desert, though much smaller and more unkempt. The people here are also looking much worse off, with clearly old rags for clothing, and smudges of dirt and mud marking their bodies. They also don't smell too good--it's very apparent that hygiene is not a very high priority for these people.

When you first approached, these elves and dragonborn were milling about shiftlessly, but as you approach, there is a cry and most run to hide. A few don't seem to react very strongly at all, however, giving you little more than a glance before shifting back to whatever they were doing--mostly cooking, eating, or moving from place to place. Only a few keep their gazes focused on you--including some of the hardier looking elves and a scar-faced dragonborn female.
>> No. 73704 edit
"We mean you no harm. We only seek a place to stay the night."

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4218679/
>> No. 73705 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73705
One of the elves cautiously approaches Torinn, apparently trusting the dragonborn at least somewhat, and replies, "W-where did you come from...? You're..." He eyes the dragonborn up and down, and looks the rest of the group over, focusing on the weapons and armor they are equipped with. "...you're no slaves. Who are you?"
>> No. 73706 edit
File 137931471672.png - (13.03KB , 125x193 , mynportrait.png )
73706
>>73705

Myn steps in, attempting to convey his elven side as much as possible when he speaks.

"We were hired by those who escaped to free those enslaved by the giants. While other parties have been sent in the past, we are the first that managed to make it across the desert. Is there anything you can tell us about the situation here?"

Telepathy to party:"It will presumably be easier to obtain aid if they think that our goal is to help them. Of course, it is no doubt the case that our valiant party will attempt to free them if remotely possible."

Bluff: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4218859/
>> No. 73707 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73707
"You're here... to free us from the giants? Then you'll help the windrunner?!" the elf replies, somewhere between excited and desperate. He looks around to his comrades, but none except the scar-faced dragonborn seem to offer anything in reply. The dragonborn in question gives him a stern gaze, then looks back to the group.

After a moment she sighs, apparently giving up, and the elf takes that as his cue to continue: "Th-the benevolent spirit that aids our survival in these harsh conditions is called the windrunner. She fought against the archons that the giant sent as taskmasters... but just barely a day ago, she fought a rather intense battle, and we believe she was captured in the resulting brawl. We haven't seen any archons since then... we're worried about what could happen to her. They may have taken her to the palace! Y-you're armed and capable, unlike us, you have to free her!"
>> No. 73708 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
73708
Completely surprised by Myn's telepathy (or something) and his willingness to do something at all, Sureiya stays silent for a few seconds, until he manages to articulate a few words.

"...We kind of know that Windrunner, I guess. So, she got rid of the archons? We should repay her then." says the ranger, looking at the rest.
"Do you think we can spend the night in this place? We'll pay a visit to those bastards tomorrow at first hour."
>> No. 73709 edit
File 130678104694.jpg - (34.71KB , 163x195 , k04a.jpg )
73709
>>73707
"Captured? Harming a primal spirit should be impossible for mortals. Are you certain?"

Geez, could she not stay put for her reinforcements?

"... I'll try calling for the windrunner to make sure," sighs the shaman. After conjuring her companions for assistance, she begins gathering materials.

I'll spend a little time to call the windrunner with the standard desert spirit-calling ritual from probably-Athas, which probably involves sand, wind, and maybe fire. http://orokos.com/roll/137286

Also, insight. http://orokos.com/roll/137287


Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)21:04:31
>> No. 73710 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
73710
Bernkastel (Insight): You sense a great deal of fear and uncertainty among the slaves. Though there is a hint of relief that the taskmaster has been absent, you feel that they genuinely fear that the windrunner has been captured, though they can't say it happened for sure. They seem to believe that the true nature of primal spirits and guardian spirits like the windrunner is beyond them.

"O-of course you can stay here. Though it'd be best if you hurried..." the elf replies uneasily, shifting his gaze a bit. The dragonborn crosses her arms and nods sagely, as if accepting this outcome.

Meanwhile, Bernkastel slinks off to rest and perform a small calling ritual, attempting to commune with the spirits of air in this locale.

Bernkastel (Communion Results): You sense that the spirits of air in this place are in upheaval, but mostly you feel rage--unbridled, pure rage. You cannot tell the source of this anger, but what comes back is NOT the windrunner you recognize. It is certainly vaguely elven or fey form, but its features and expression are distorted by rage, and you cannot discern any other feeling behind its howls of fury. As you attempt to speak to the spirit, the sheer force of the wind it emits blows about the sand around you, scattering it and kicking up a sandstorm that nearly overwhelms your senses before the spirit finally dissipates.
>> No. 73711 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
73711
"So... were you successful?" asks the ranger, a little intrigued by the performance.
>> No. 73712 edit
File 137939690688.jpg - (182.47KB , 700x700 , 15331527.jpg )
73712
>>73711
The shaman brushes away sand with Prestidigitation. It was technically successful, maybe. Facing Sureiya (and anyone who may be interested), she explains a bit.

"Unhappy spirits are never a good sign. I'm not sure why the air spirits are upset, but they can get that way when people ravage the land with magic."

The shaman pauses for a moment, as the taller spirit companion passes her knowledge. "It could also be feedback from proximity to an angry and powerful elemental, like a primordial." Another pause. "Apparently, imprisonment is the number one cause of primordial rage?"

Last edited at 13/09/16(Mon)23:18:07
>> No. 73713 edit
>>73712

"Apparently the air elemental Val'Akir is imprisoned nearby, yes. My familiar here appears to think that the seal is imperfect."

Myn tosses the imp into the air a few times to illustrate his words.
>> No. 73717 edit
File 134692307521.png - (444.65KB , 434x756 , shmiontarot_2.png )
73717
On the second toss, Myn's imp familiar begins hovering and chatters briefly in protest. It then pauses, and adds, "Ya'know, boss, there's this thing, I've been thinking about. I wondered what they may need to sacrifice to seal away Val'akir, right?" He looks around, and finding them isolated from the slaves, he continues in a conspiratorial tone, "I was thinkin', what if they used the third giant--the one that died--as a sacrifice? Powerful storm giant, now that kinda cost might be enough to empower the seal, heh heh."

Meanwhile, Torinn is approached by the scarred female dragonborn, who says, "Listen, if you want to get into the temple, there's a way in through the caves. Normally we wouldn't go that way because the archon taskmasters come from it, but they haven't been seen for a while, so it could be safe now. It'd be quicker and less conspicuous than going back through the city." She states all this in a manner-of-fact and direct manner.
>> No. 73718 edit
"...ya know, I don't feel tired anymore" says the Ranger.
"We should raid that damn palace now. If they expect us then there's no difference if we wait or not."
>> No. 73721 edit
File 137955712039.jpg - (163.20KB , 500x566 , yaaaaa.jpg )
73721
"Sorry to barge in, but I disagree. The fact that the giants are waiting for us is a good reason to be extra vigilant and careful. Instead of raiding the castle, we should sneak our way to the giants and ambush them!"

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)02:57:08
>> No. 73722 edit
>>73717
>>73718
>>73721
"Discretion is the better part of valor, Sureiya. Let's try a more subtle approach for once and see if that works."
>> No. 73723 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
73723
Seeing himself outnumbered, the ranger agrees to spend some time in planning before rushing against a sure bloodbath.

"...sure, any good ideas of how to infiltrate into that huge palace?"
>> No. 73724 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
73724
>>73722
Is this the same paladin.

>>73721
"Sneak in? I lack information, so unless you or the locals already have the pertinent details, we would need time to scout the area and study our targets. Can we afford it?"

Last edited at 13/09/18(Wed)21:34:30
>> No. 73725 edit
>>73723
"Well, no, I don't know. Considering the situation, it wouldn't surprise me if every missing archons are protecting the palace right now. If we don't want to get outnumbered, it's important to have a plan at least..."
Taking a breath, Samel continues.
>>73724
"I thought it was definitely worth the time, but to be honest I have no idea how it could work."

The cleric murmurs to himself "Given the possibility, one should always keep knowledge as an ally rather than as a treat." He then looks beyond his partners directly into the eyes of the scarred female dragonborn."

"Listen, we are going to help your friend very soon. If there is anything else you or the others should tell us, now is the time. For example, if any of you could describe the inside of the palace..."
Just to make sure, Insight check(29) http://orokos.com/roll/137847

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)14:35:12
>> No. 73726 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73726
The scarred dragonborn scowls slightly, but relays the following, "I don't think any of us have been very far inside the palace above. What I can tell you from what I've learned asking around is that the tunnel leads to a broken section of the ale cellar wall. The cellar holds mostly spoiled food and large wooden kegs filled with wine and other alcohol." She gestures upwards and continues on in a steady, expository tone, "Up from the stairs is a hallway, which leads to a feasting area to the side, and continues on for some time. I don't believe any of us know what's beyond there. However, I can tell you that the throne room is in the back end of the palace, and that's likely where the giants are, because whatever that big glowy thing in the ceiling is central to their plans. There's an armory somewhere in there connected to a forge, which is probably where the giants are having the archons refine what we dig up. Don't know the way there though. Sorry, that's all I got."

Samel (Insight): The dragonborn is apparently being forward with you, if a bit annoyed at being ignored earlier. She seems to think there's no harm in telling you this and it can only work out well.
>> No. 73727 edit
>>73726
Arcana to suspect archon forge or something. http://orokos.com/roll/137938

Last edited at 13/09/19(Thu)22:50:56
>> No. 73728 edit
Arcana knowledge check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4224868/
>> No. 73729 edit
File 137972064214.png - (432.50KB , 511x533 , blood maiming.png )
73729
Arcana: Neither Myn nor Bernkastel finds the idea of mining ore to forge metal weapons and armor to be unusual, and neither senses anything magical about the earth and rock in this area.
>> No. 73730 edit
A little bored from the long silence of his friends, the ranger talks again.

"Let's move already, if those bastards are waiting for ya there's nothing we can do about it."
>> No. 73731 edit
File 130679427695.jpg - (58.12KB , 182x320 , k05-06a.jpg )
73731
>>73726
"Well, I was hoping to hear about the residents, though it does sounds like finding a back door would be difficult."

>>73730
"Do you have a destination in mind? I don't disagree with choosing a more immediate course of action, considering the state of affairs." At this, the shaman gestures to the aftermath of the communion with the Windrunner.

Whenever possible, I want to work another short rest into the time spent here.

Last edited at 13/09/22(Sun)00:47:11
>> No. 73732 edit
>>73730
>>73731
"Perhaps they have some rare arms of war held in the forge. I suggest going there." Or more relics.
>> No. 73733 edit
File 131363258626.jpg - (46.92KB , 150x241 , mb5.jpg )
73733
>>73732
"The idea of seizing an armory is tempting, but unfortunately, we are uncertain of its location, and the locals even say there would be archons. The idea of running about enemy territory in search of loot seems suicidal, to say the least. I believe we are sufficiently armed, and first defeating the leaders may make it easier to explore the palace."
>> No. 73734 edit
File 130351206082.png - (58.90KB , 137x480 , kan (Ep01).png )
73734
"Let's just go already, damnit. Just gotta look for the giants and kick their asses. Once that's done you guys can explore all you want. But more importantly..." says the half-orc, looking at the scarred dragonborn.

"Ya know, if we fail, this might be your only chance to escape. It might be risky, but why don't you guys take use this opportunity to run away? The guys in the village are worried about you.
The curse is tough, but it took us less than three nights to get here."

"Look" says Sureiya, retrieving his water canteen from his bag. "You can drink all you want from this. Once its dry just close it and wait a little. It will be full when you open it again." asserts the ranger, handling it to the dragonborn.
>> No. 73735 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73735
"Thank you," the dragonborn woman replies in a gruff voice, taking the canteen. "But I doubt I could convince the elves to run away, with their precious windrunner held captive. Many of them are not as fit as you are, and the trip could take considerably longer for us."
>> No. 73736 edit
File 129489136412.jpg - (267.53KB , 660x720 , concerned.jpg )
73736
>>73733
"How about this : If I can figure out where it is based on the architecture, then we visit the armory first. If I cannot, then we go straight to the giants." Torinn is rather insistent on this, adding, "It's very important to me, personally, taking the relics of my ancestors out of enemy hands. Please."

diplomacy to sway party : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4229351/ (34)
>> No. 73737 edit
File 130908460460.jpg - (45.27KB , 155x304 , k20a.jpg )
73737
>>73736
The shaman looks somewhat apprehensive about trusting Torinn's ability to navigate. How would architecture tell us what's in a given room?

"Shouldn't you prioritize your mission? The armory won't disappear, right?"
>> No. 73738 edit
File 130145723297.jpg - (62.12KB , 240x173 , concern.jpg )
73738
>>73737
"We don't know that for certain. And like I said, it's something important to me. Maybe even a little selfish. But I'd like to at least try."

Last edited at 13/09/23(Mon)17:28:26
>> No. 73739 edit
File 130420372318.jpg - (42.83KB , 188x194 , mb3.jpg )
73739
>>73738
"Is it really worth endangering the mission, not to mention all of us?"
>> No. 73740 edit
File 131982657395.png - (63.51KB , 229x292 , sakutarou_chibi.png )
73740
>>73739
"I swear I'll keep you safe."
>> No. 73741 edit
File 137999282152.jpg - (57.26KB , 640x480 , 1303927259229.jpg )
73741
"...I don't mind if we leave now. But if we find the giants we ain't retreating ya hear."
>> No. 73742 edit
>>73741
"Absolutely."
>> No. 73743 edit
File 138004255426.jpg - (266.78KB , 500x695 , rogerthatmion.jpg )
73743
>>73741
"Yeah! We've come this far and neither you or Oghma failed me yet. I will trust in you both till I die."
>> No. 73744 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
73744
Never mind, this is the same paladin. "I guess I have no choice. But only if we see the armory on the way, and even then, it needs to be a brief look."
>> No. 73745 edit
>>73744
>>73743
"Thank you."
>> No. 73746 edit
"...So, where was this tunnel again?" asks Sureiya, preparing himself to leave.
>> No. 73748 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73748
"This way," the scarred dragonborn female replies to Sureiya. She leads the group through the cavern, which is rather straight-forward and seems to lead in only one direction, before coming to a portion where the cavern narrows to an upward-sloped tunnel that's about 30 feet in diameter. "There were once more tunnels and perhaps a more extensive cavern system down here, but the giants caved in most of the excess. Now the tunnel leads only into the palace."

The tunnel looks like it goes on for quite some distance, and you traverse it for nearly an hour, heading upwards through a steep, winding path until you arrive at what appears to be a sandstone wall, with a large gate built into it, covered in strange symbols that are not recognizable to Myn as arcane glyphs.

Sureiya: Oddly enough, you recognize these symbols from the book. It's a bit difficult to make out the context, but you think that with a little work (and a dungeoneering or religion check) you could learn something from them using the book.
>> No. 73749 edit
"Man, this sure is a long tunnel"
"I think I recognize these, lemme check em."
Dungeon, tell me your secrets (26) http://orokos.com/roll/139095
>> No. 73751 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73751
Sureiya isn't quite sure what the symbols represent in particular, but he manages to piece together that by touching the symbols in a particular sequence (which he knows), the heavy stone gate will open on its own. However, there is also a lightning-based trap on the door that will be triggered if an incorrect sequence is entered, or the door is forced open.
>> No. 73752 edit
"I remember these symbols from the book, stand back, there could a trap here."
Sureiya touches the symbols in the correct order, attempting to open the door.

Last edited at 13/09/26(Thu)12:28:04
>> No. 73753 edit
File 132297885313.png - (17.23KB , 128x207 , eri3.png )
73753
>>73752
Trap?

perceive http://orokos.com/roll/139163
>> No. 73754 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73754
"Bernkastel" doesn't see anything suspicious, but when Sureiya touches the correct symbols, the gate rolls aside--revealing that the walls were broken through, but it was difficult to tell this from the outside, as the gate fit snugly into the ruined wall. Bernkastel can tell that this circular gate was added very recently.

Though the tunnel was illuminated by small torches set into the wall, the area beyond the broken wall is dark. From the light that bleeds in, you can see that the floor and walls are rough-hewn stone, and a few large barrels sit just inside your field of vision, as well as some open, empty wooden cabinets. You can't tell how big the room is because it extends beyond the edge of the visible light.
>> No. 73755 edit
File 130681880789.jpg - (33.09KB , 145x170 , k04b.jpg )
73755
>>73754
"Whenever you're ready," murmurs the shaman as she pulls out a miner's helmet, into which she places a fresh sunrod.

I don't mind if someone else wears this. Volunteers? If not, I'll use it myself.

Last edited at 13/09/26(Thu)19:38:55
>> No. 73756 edit
"How in the world did he figure out the door sequence with that tiny brain?"

"I suggest mister Tormine go first, lest we accidentally trip over his valued relics."
>> No. 73758 edit
Torinn doesn't seem to hear Myn speak. He simply first while murmuring in deep concentration. So if this is the ale cellar, that would mean their relative position is...
history check to navigate to forge : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4230636/ (23)
>> No. 73759 edit
Audio 81_-_The_Past.mp3 - (3.52MB , 81 - The Past.mp3 )
73759
With the mining helmet equipped, Torinn illuminates the cellar. It appears to be rather large, and filled with wooden crates and barrels, large wooden kegs, and ransacked cabinets. Set into the wall opposite your position is a set of stone stairs leading upwards.

Torinn (History): The architecture of this cellar isn't quite enough to help you navigate the palace, though the arrangement of the barrels and crates feels somewhat familiar. You may be able to piece together more after seeing more of the interior, but for now all you recognize is that, traditionally, in the houses of dragonborn nobility, the cellar would not be heavily guarded or trapped, but the hallways that connect to the cellar may be.
>> No. 73760 edit
File 130533980957.gif - (7.83KB , 71x150 , blink blink.gif )
73760
>>73759
"Be wary up ahead. This room's fine, but there could be traps lining the hallways."
>> No. 73761 edit
Sureiya follows Torinn and looks around anyway.
nat 1 perception http://orokos.com/roll/139556

Last edited at 13/09/28(Sat)11:01:15
>> No. 73762 edit
File 138039438873.png - (263.97KB , 440x664 , Miontrick12.png )
73762
Samel follows right behind them while holding his mace. He tries to focus, but can not refrain from giggling at the sight of Torinn with this helmet.
double nat 1 perception check http://orokos.com/roll/139570
>> No. 73765 edit
File 132259706726.jpg - (20.60KB , 143x158 , mb9.jpg )
73765
The shaman produces a ten-foot pole from her bag of holding, and hands it to Torinn with the mining helmet. "Since you're in the front, here's a pole so you can poke the ground ahead of you, in case of traps."

Afterwards, she seems kinda distracted.

http://orokos.com/roll/139630

Last edited at 13/09/28(Sat)17:41:29
>> No. 73766 edit
File 131924278810.jpg - (79.72KB , 400x400 , I can't fly!.jpg )
73766
Torinn graciously accepts the ten foot pole after putting his sword and shield away, and tries to see whatever traps might be waiting ahead.

perception : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4238870/ (15)
>> No. 73768 edit
File 134692307521.png - (444.65KB , 434x756 , shmiontarot_2.png )
73768
Inside the cellar, the adventurers find little of note, despite spending way too much time searching and poking around with ten-foot sticks. Cobwebs have formed inside the cabinets, as they have apparently been empty for quite some time. The kegs are full of liquid, judging by the smell, probably old wine or other alcohol, and some of the barrels are full of the same, but many are empty or filled with grain.

The group also manages to not stumble onto any traps on the entry to the hallway, anyways, and proceeding up the stairs leads to the 10-foot wide, 15-foot tall decorated hall. Unlike the cellar, there is apparently illumination up here, provided by what appear to be glowing stones set into the walls. Torinn recognizes these glowstones are a type of everburning torch that glows in a slightly larger radius, but is far more cumbersome to carry. The hallway proceeds straight for about 80 feet before ending in a T-junction, and there are two heavy ornamental wooden doors on either side--one on the left about 30 feet ahead, and another on the right about 50 feet ahead.
>> No. 73769 edit
"...nothing yet. Can you guys see anything suspicious here?"
paranoia check (18) http://orokos.com/roll/139676
>> No. 73771 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
73771
"Do you guys still use the leyline tracking thing?"

http://orokos.com/roll/139678
>> No. 73772 edit
>>73771
Torinn takes out the devices and activates it again. They must be close by now.

Though he really hoped he knew the way to the armory from here.


another history check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4240147/ (21)
>> No. 73773 edit
>>73771
Torinn takes out the devices and activates it again. They must be close by now.

Though he really hoped he knew the way to the armory from here.


another history check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4240147/ (21)
>> No. 73774 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
73774
Given the basic architecture of this hallway, Torinn is unable to discern any clues that might lead him to the armory. It does however, occur to him, that it's unlikely to be unguarded, untrapped, or unbarred. Traditionally, the dragonborn of this region rarely placed all of their weapons in one place, additionally, so it's possible there may be relics in other places in the palace if you do a little exploring.

Neither Bernkastel nor Sureiya's brief searches of this end of the hallway turn up anything of note. If you want to search the doors I need you to specify that.
>> No. 73775 edit
File 13090099938.png - (41.52KB , 243x201 , search.png )
73775
>>73774
Okay, doors. I'll search whatever door we happen to be near, and if we're opening any, I'll do it from far away with Mage Hand.

Looking for traps around doors is probably specific enough for inquisitive's kit, right? http://orokos.com/roll/139938

>> No. 73776 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73776
The leyline tracer points in the general direction of the corridor--it doesn't appear to be a straight line, but proceeding forward will bring you closer.
>> No. 73777 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73777
The leyline tracer points in the general direction of the corridor--it doesn't appear to be a straight line, but proceeding forward will bring you closer.
>> No. 73778 edit
His heritage not proving particularly helpful right now, Torinn leads the group by following the leyline tracer. He hasn't quite given up on finding the armory, but it seems less and less likely that he'll find it.

History check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4241448/ (18)
>> No. 73779 edit
His heritage not proving particularly helpful right now, Torinn leads the group by following the leyline tracer. He hasn't quite given up on finding the armory, but it seems less and less likely that he'll find it.

History check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4241448/ (18)
>> No. 73780 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73780
As the group approaches the door, Torinn's pondering fail to yield any meaningful results, as does "Bernkastel"'s investigation of the door itself. She can tell, however, that it is wooden, fairly ornately carved, and of a design that Torinn recognizes as consistent with the dragonborn of this area. It does not appear to be trapped. Torinn believes that, going by the wooden carvings, this door leads to a feasting hall.
>> No. 73781 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
73781
>>73780
"I think this door may be safe to open, but just in case, please stand back," says the shaman, as she conjures the invisible hand. Mage hand, open etc.

Last edited at 13/09/30(Mon)23:21:24
>> No. 73783 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73783
Opening the door reveals the room beyond: a wrecked feasting hall. It looks very luxurious and spacious, and was once illuminated by chandeliers, but now it is dark, with only the light seeping in from the hallway revealing the broken chandeliers in the middle of a massive wooden table that's been cracked in half and many overturned wooden chairs. A ripped white tablecloth is thrown into the mix, along with some smash potted plants here and there. The room is apparently larger than your current range of vision extends, but when Torinn pokes his head in he can see it is approximately 100 feet by 100 feet, with stone walls decorated by extravagant murals and unsightly scratches. On the end of the room opposite is a 10-foot archway that apparently leads to another part of the palace, though you can't really tell what's over there from your current vantage point.
>> No. 73784 edit
>>73783
As the one carrying the light, Torinn proceeds into the room first. He scowls at the damage done, muttering something about savages.

history check to put mural in context : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4242074/ (22)
>> No. 73785 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
73785
Torinn gets the feeling that knowledge of history is in no way relevant to the destruction, though he recognizes several of the chair and silverware designs as typical for this region.
>> No. 73786 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
73786
"...what's this place?"
Check the area, pls dont die (17) http://orokos.com/roll/140312
>> No. 73787 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73787
Sureiya is able to fully explore the room without much incident, and with Torinn providing light, he's also able to determine that the back room is a kitchen area with a storage pantry, that has been similarly ransacked. Searching the room doesn't turn up anything of value, though the half-orc is able to confirm that no one has entered this room in quite some time from all appearances. Furthermore, while there is nothing of value, he is able to find what appears to be a partial sheet of paper listing directions for servants, instructing them where and how to deliver food--much is missing, but the language is common, and Sureiya believes that it indicates that the throne room is down the hall, to the left, up the stairs, and then back to the right down a larger hallway. To Torinn's disappointment, there is no mention of an armory.
>> No. 73788 edit
"...well, now we know the wrong way to the armory" says the ranger, trying to cheer up the dragonborn a little. "Let's focus in remain unnoticed."
>> No. 73789 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73789
Torinn doesn't believe the murals represent historical events, but are rather general designs popular in this region, representing the sun, the harsh desert winds, and several scarab symbols.
>> No. 73790 edit
>>73788
"What'd you find?" Torinn asks, taking the old silverware as a keepsake. Like hell he was going to leave it with the giants.

last history check to find something interesting : http://orokos.com/roll/140449 (26)
>> No. 73791 edit
File 130420653277.png - (54.37KB , 517x300 , peek.png )
73791
>>73787
The shaman leaves the feasting hall to the others, and inspects the other door. http://orokos.com/roll/140452
>> No. 73792 edit
File 134692307521.png - (444.65KB , 434x756 , shmiontarot_2.png )
73792
"Bernkastel"'s search of the door reveals it to be remarkably similar to the one you just opened. So similar, in fact, that she surmises it probably leads to another feast hall.
>> No. 73793 edit
File 138083072654.png - (374.46KB , 820x735 , 16120531_p0c.png )
73793
>>73792
Following a very brief consideration, Mage Hand opens the door. Like the first door etc.
>> No. 73794 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73794
On the other side of the door is a mirrored scene very much like you found in the previous room.
>> No. 73795 edit
"Look at it yourself"
Sureiya handles the instructions to Torinn
>> No. 73796 edit
>>73795
Giving the instructions a glance, Torinn finds the directions to the throne room. "Well, this is rather convenient. A path to the throne room from here." Having given up on finding the armory at this point, Torinn asks the group, "Does anybody have anything they need to do first, or can we go make some thunder giants wish they'd never come here?"
>> No. 73797 edit
File 129475012166.jpg - (62.52KB , 310x438 , 11567225.jpg )
73797
>>73794
The shaman walks back to the party, and announces "There's another hall like this one up ahead. Can I have some light?" She has not heard Torinn's input, of course.
>> No. 73798 edit
"Let's check that hall. If we don't find anything interesting over there then let's head to the throne room."
>> No. 73799 edit
>>73796
>>73798
Samel has been thinking all this time.
"Convenient, he says. Were we not expected??? Or are they really not aware of our presence at all..."

"I'll be right behind you."
>> No. 73800 edit
File 131554170954.png - (114.98KB , 385x351 , 4719507b.png )
73800
>>73797
>>73798
Apparently I can't expect a direct reply, so assuming lighting is given, I'll search the new room too. http://orokos.com/roll/141063
>> No. 73801 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
73801
The search of the new room ends up mostly like the last--except there's no slip of paper in the kitchen area this time. Bernkastel does note, however, some scarabs skittering across the floor that seem to ignore her presence.
>> No. 73802 edit
??

http://orokos.com/roll/141066
>> No. 73803 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73803
The shaman thinks that these scarabs are harmless scavengers that typically shy away from danger. Sometimes, however, they form large swarms that retaliate violently if provoked--however, these scarabs do not comprise a swarm, and even if they were in a swarm, they still wouldn't attack unless agitated by an external force.
>> No. 73804 edit
>>73803
Are there any patterns to their placement, movements, and etc?

http://orokos.com/roll/141190


Last edited at 13/10/06(Sun)20:23:52
>> No. 73805 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
73805
As far as the shaman can tell, the bugs are just skittering about, looking for food. There doesn't seem to be a coherent pattern to their movement.
>> No. 73806 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
73806
"Why is that girl so interested in those bugs?..."

"Nothing?... Let's go search for those bastards then."
>> No. 73807 edit
File 138112723687.jpg - (70.38KB , 400x447 , penguin.jpg )
73807
>>73805
I guess there's nothing special about these.

>>73806
"Search for?"
>> No. 73808 edit
"We found some sort of instructions of how to get into the throne room." says Sureiya, asking Torinn to show the shaman the piece of paper.
>> No. 73809 edit
Torinn hands the scrap of paper to Bernkastel.
>> No. 73810 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
73810
>>73808
>>73809
wat.

"You really could have mentioned this sooner," complains the shaman, reading the directions. "Let's go, then."
>> No. 73811 edit
File 133176896852.jpg - (6.82KB , 153x173 , Smilin' Little Lion All Stuffed With Tough.jpg )
73811
>>73810
"Hold up. I want to get something out of the way first."

Torinn pauses. He really wanted to do his own thing here, but he had to remember that he wasn't the only one here.

"Before we go, I have to know... does anybody plan on negotiating with the giants, or should we just beat them down without any diplomacy?"

He wanted the latter option. He really wanted the latter option. But not everybody was necessarily on the same page.
>> No. 73812 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
73812
>>73811
This is new. Was diplomacy ever on the table?

Insight for Torinn. http://orokos.com/roll/141346

"I don't think they would agree to free the locals, so we'll have to fight them. Still, given the chance, maybe we should listen to whatever they have to say."
>> No. 73813 edit
>>73812
"Fair enough."
>> No. 73814 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73814
Proceeding further down the hall to the t-junction, the party encounters a choice: the stairs to the left lead upwards and, as per the servant's instructions, presumably through a grand hall into the throne room. On the right, however, is an elaborately carved reinforced door that looks to contain strange symbols that Sureiya and Samel recognize. Some of the symbols glow and fade at regular intervals with a soft blue light.
>> No. 73815 edit
"More of these?"
Sureiya carefully inspect the glowing symbols, while trying not to activate any trap.

Dungeoneering: 28 Nature: 26 Perception: 18
http://orokos.com/roll/141457

>> No. 73816 edit
File 130508734891.jpg - (136.27KB , 491x480 , 11125426_p0.jpg )
73816
Sureiya begins to inspect the door for traps, but soon realizes that the symbols are rigged to seal the door permanently if an incorrect sequence of symbols is activated. Fortunately, the half-orc was able to glean the activation method from the book he studied, though he wasn't aware of it until he looked at the symbols just now--it was like the last piece of a puzzle falling into place. However, the clever ranger quickly becomes aware that he's missing a key sequence, but his extensive knowledge of this kind of device from his experience in dungeon-crawling serves to bridge the gap here, and he taps the symbols that represent the three primary colors lightly before grabbing a conjured handle in the center of the door, and yanking it open. It gives way to a small, closet-like chamber with a handful of items sitting on racks and shelves.

It only takes Sureiya a moment to realize that the items are magical--there are two glistening chainmail hoods that glow a faint purple, odd in that they seem to offer no protection to the back of the head or neck, only for the forehead area, where the mail mesh seems to bunch up. Hanging on a rack is a masterfully crafted leather robe studded with black brass, that almost seems to whisper eldritch mutterings into the half-orc's mind as he looks upon it. He quickly turns to find a crystalline bauble attached to a golden chain necklace. Inside the bauble you see an array of shimmering colors that seem to coalesce into a liquid briefly before again dispersing into gas, which floats to the top of the bauble before falling again as rain. The final item lies unceremoniously on the floor, as if jarred off a nearby rack--a thick, leather girdle encrusted with gold, and slots for three jewels--one of which is occupied by a glittering diamond.

The magical items are as follows: two coifs of mindiron (heroic), a set of +2 leather armor of dark majesty, a +2 periapt of cascading health, and a diamond cincture (heroci).
>> No. 73817 edit
Finally having come across something of interest, Myn apprehends the armor of dark majesty.

"Your closet-locating skills are quite impressive, Mister Sureiya."
>> No. 73818 edit
File 132820197884.png - (275.95KB , 900x900 , 2012013101.png )
73818
"It wasn't easy, one mistake and the door would have sealed... So not even the giants managed to get inside."

Inspecting the room a second time, the ranger is glad Myn took the unholy piece of leather for himself. Everything looks rather powerful, expensive even, but the golden necklace with the hippie looking bauble manages to catch his interest.

"You guys mind if I pick this amulet?"
>> No. 73820 edit
File 132978231090.png - (18.86KB , 158x118 , b2.png )
73820
The shaman thinks. After watching the items for a bit, she comes to a conclusion. "I think... finding all these mind-fortifying items could be an omen from the spirits, a sign of what is to come. Can I suggest temporarily arming ourselves optimally rather than fairly, at least while we're here?

"Though," she adds, "Mr. Sureiya should have the final say, since it was his work."

Items. Suggestions:

- The armor is clearly Myn's.
- Sureiya takes the Periapt of Cascading Health.
- Two of Samel, Sureiya, and Bernkastel get Coifs of Mindiron.
- Torinn and Bernkastel trade neck slot items: Steadfast Amulet for Healer's Brooch.
- Any one of Myn, Samel, or Bernkastel can have the Diamond Cincture.

These are all temporary item allocations. We'll trade back and split the loot properly after the adventure.


Last edited at 13/10/09(Wed)21:31:46
>> No. 73821 edit
File 129831635457.png - (37.53KB , 434x515 , kan_majimea10.png )
73821
"An omen you say? Well, I don't think anyone here is as weak to mind attacks as me, so I'll let you decide what's more convenient this time.

Besides..." the ranger makes a short pause "It was Samel who found the book."

Last edited at 13/10/09(Wed)22:30:57
>> No. 73822 edit
File 138147525082.png - (3.10KB , 41x41 , bern130.png )
73822
>>73821
After thanking Sureiya for his cooperation, the shaman tries distributing equipment.

Adding to >>73820
Coifs go to Samel and Bernkastel. Samel can also take the Diamond Cincture.

>> No. 73823 edit
Torinn, who is fairly sure that the items were sealed away so that the giants couldn't get their hands on them, examines the items and the room itself for some indication as to who they belonged to. Was this part of a failed last stand, or was it done ahead of time to prepare for the giants, as Bernkastel suggested?

history and perception to answer nagging questions : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253687/ (21, 15)

Last edited at 13/10/11(Fri)17:40:35
>> No. 73824 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73824
Torinn thinks it was likely that this was done by the dragonborn themselves even before the giants showed up--it was standard practice to not put all their eggs in one basket, so to speak. A cursory glance over the small room reveals nothing else of note, however.
>> No. 73825 edit
"Is everyone ready?"

let's all go to the throne room
>> No. 73826 edit
Proudly wearing his new amulet, the ranger nods to the paladin's question and follows him.
>> No. 73827 edit
File 138168364992.png - (223.71KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelA.png )
73827
The group passes back in the opposite direction, heading up the enclosed staircase. As they go upwards, they begin to notice more and more decoration, as well as more and more damage. There are cracks in the walls and chunks missing here and there, and debris covers some areas of ground. Reaching the top of the stairway, they enter into a hallway which heads south briefly before going to the west. There is a decorative rug here on the ground, and small everburning torches set into the walls. It looks like there may have once been wall decorations here, but they have been removed. There is an unremarkable pedestal at the corner ahead.
>> No. 73828 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
73828
I want a torch. Maybe every torch, but I'll settle for four.

Also http://orokos.com/roll/142682 (bad)


Last edited at 13/10/13(Sun)12:13:00
>> No. 73829 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
73829
Bernkastel discovers that the torches are attached to the wall rather firmly and would be difficult to remove without welding tools.
>> No. 73830 edit
File 13237963328.png - (4.97KB , 145x145 , bern113.png )
73830
"Mr. Nthelsyr's pet monster can turn invisible, right? Can we have it scouting ahead?"
>> No. 73831 edit
>>73830

"A chance to earn its daily..."

Noting that he doesn't pay or feed the creature, Myn nonetheless tosses the imp out into the air, giving it orders in magic gibberish.

Have the book imp invisibly scout around the corner.
>> No. 73832 edit
File 138173388498.png - (220.79KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelA.png )
73832
Flipping around in midair for a moment, the imp rights itself and chitters in an annoyed tone at Myn briefly, before going invisible and flying a bit ahead, rounding the corner, then coming back. It reports, in a somewhat smug-sounding tone, that around the corner is another empty hallway that continues for a bit before turning back northward. It notes that there are similar decorations to this hallway, and rubble sealing off what appears to be another opening.
>> No. 73833 edit
"We haven't found any traps yet... I doubt that will last."
The ranger gives a look to the hallway and scouts ahead.

traps pls (17) http://orokos.com/roll/142791
>> No. 73834 edit
File 138179794945.png - (497.21KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelB.png )
73834
Sureiya's search of the immediate surroundings is unremarkable, and as he scouts his way to the corner, he finds the way beyond much as the imp described it. It is well-lit, and a dirty, half-torn elegant rug covers the floor. It would appear the passage once went further to the west, but that way is thoroughly blocked by well-packed rubble. The only way to otherwise proceed appears to be to the north.

The nearby pedestal appears to house some sort of mechanism--it's quite obvious and the half-orc notices it as a glance. Perhaps his knowledge of this kind of working could come in handy.

Dungeoneering to examine the pedestal and determine its function.
>> No. 73835 edit
File 138180463149.png - (74.79KB , 455x480 , 1335174067081.png )
73835
"Nothing dangerous here yet" says the ranger, while seeing if there's any rock falling death trap (or maybe a less specific trap) in the hallway. Once that's done, Sureiya messes a little with the pedestal to determine if he has any idea of what it is for.
Perception (29) Dungeoneering (24) http://orokos.com/roll/142998
>> No. 73836 edit
File 13818618975.png - (495.66KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelC.png )
73836
Sureiya's keen senses tell him that the pedestal hides a lever that operates some sort of distant mechanism. He can't be certain, but it looks very much like something that would open a door or gate--for a time. Sureiya notes that the mechanism will reset itself in just over 10 seconds.

OOC: That is to say, after two rounds.

The half-orc also notices two large, 10 foott by 10 foot apertures in the ceiling--one directly above where he stands, and one at the end of the hall. The one above the ranger appears to open outwards and drop something down, while the one at the end of the hallway appears to fold out and fold back in--probably a turret or something similar. Well-hidden beneath the sand just at the end of the rug are four floor plates that stand out suspiciously to the Sureiya's sharp perception.
>> No. 73837 edit
"What do you see?"
>> No. 73838 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
73838
"This pedestal might activate a gate or whatever for a few seconds, and there are some floor plates hidden in the sand not very far from the rug. Remember that trap from the tower? Must be something similar" says Sureiya confidently, pointing at the apertures on the ceiling.

"There's a lever hidden on the pedestal. Myn should stay back and activate it. The rest come close and get ready in case something else happens."
Explain to the party where the plates and the apertures are and how to operate the pedestal.
Move to AO-18


Last edited at 13/10/16(Wed)00:02:14
>> No. 73839 edit
File 138195550661.png - (651.92KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelD.png )
73839
As Sureiya moves forward, with the rest of the party moving cautiously behind, the half-orc spies what appears to be a massive stone gate blocking the way north. From what he can see, Sureiya doesn't see an opening mechanism on the door itself.
>> No. 73840 edit
>>73838
"If it will only stay open a few seconds, then I should be the one to activate it, lest Myn get left behind."
>> No. 73841 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
73841
"I guess they installed extra security," muses the shaman, following Sureiya's pointing. http://orokos.com/roll/143555 also do i hear anything
>> No. 73842 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73842
Bernkastel doesn't detect anything Sureiya hasn't already noted, aside from the faint sound of a whistling wind.
>> No. 73843 edit
Waiting for the rest to get ready, Sureiya walks a little more, just to inspect the gate.
Move to AO-14, obviously dodging the floor plates.
Perception, check gate and anything else out of the ordinary (30) http://orokos.com/roll/143830

>> No. 73844 edit
File 138213705494.png - (557.72KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelE.png )
73844
Aside from a bunch of rubble, Sureiya doesn't detect anything unusual about the area ahead. The path back north is quite wide, but completely blocked by the gate.

The entire group is in position now.
>> No. 73845 edit
File 138213812975.jpg - (120.26KB , 616x379 , bannedfromseacats.jpg )
73845
>>73844
With everyone ready, Torinn pushes the concealed button lever.
Press the button Activate the lever

Last edited at 13/10/18(Fri)16:27:22
>> No. 73846 edit
File 130908460460.jpg - (45.27KB , 155x304 , k20a.jpg )
73846
>>73844
After buffing up the party, the shaman walks over to the other side of the door. Spirit of Vigor for 4 tHP for everyone except me but including Rutger, and I'll move to AL-9. SC nearby, SoA near as many allies as possible.

Last edited at 13/10/18(Fri)16:40:39
>> No. 73847 edit
File 138228648173.png - (614.21KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelF.png )
73847
When Torinn pulls the hidden lever on the pedestal, the gate slides into the ceiling as you gears grind heavily from within the walls. Once it's in place, you can hear the gears creak and begin to slowly grind back in the other direction--there's only a short window of opportunity to get through before the gate crashes back down again.

There's a lot to see on the other side--what appears to be three magical devices set up as pedestals, a stone barrier poking halfway out of one of the walls, a completely non-magical control panel in the wall, a floor grate with something clearly moving underneath, a swirling magical effect on a large floor panel near a large, regal gate covered with electric energy. However, the most immediate concern is passing through the gate.
>> No. 73848 edit
>>73847
The shaman looks before leaping. http://orokos.com/roll/144168
>> No. 73849 edit
Audio sm18_0.mp3 - (1.43MB , sm18.mp3 )
73849
The shaman thinks there's some writing on each of the three pedestals. She also thinks there's something about the stone slab that's sticking partially out of the western wall can slide further outwards, and clearly hears a skittering sound emanating from the grate. It would appear that there's something pushing at it, as if to get out, though it can't seem to. "Bernkastel" notices no other hidden mechanisms.
>> No. 73850 edit
Seeing no more traps, the rangers jumps ahead and inspect the suspicious looking pedestals.
Perception: nat 1
Move to AH-12
Dungeoneering to check pedestals. Check the control panel and the floor grate as well. (24)
http://orokos.com/roll/144078
http://orokos.com/roll/144188

>> No. 73851 edit
File 132297885313.png - (17.23KB , 128x207 , eri3.png )
73851
>>73849
"Okay, everyone can come in," waves the shaman, walking inside. One spirit walks over to the grate for a closer look. Shaman to AI-11, SC to AH-11, SoA to AI-14.

http://orokos.com/roll/144191


Last edited at 13/10/20(Sun)20:33:18
>> No. 73852 edit
Thievery check for panel (24) http://orokos.com/roll/144190
>> No. 73853 edit
Myn walks in, activating his magic scanner.

Arcana check for suspicious swirling magical features and spiders:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265914/
>> No. 73854 edit
>>73851
Torinn enters before the gate closes.

Double-move to AJ/AK-12/13
>> No. 73855 edit
File 138238413142.png - (508.41KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelG.png )
73855
Moving into the room, the adventurers make it seconds before the stone gate crashes downwards and seals them inside. They then set to examining the suspicious surroundings.

As Myn and Sureiya approach the orb-topped pedestals, something strange happens with the center one. A spectral fey image that vaguely resembles an elven figure forms from the magic energy circling it, and pulls away before dispersing. As it does so, the orb shrinks down to a much smaller size--it now appears to be an orb that a medium-sized humanoid might use for an implement, rather than, say, a giant. And Myn's inspection of the orb quickly determines that that is, in fact, a close approximation of what this orb is--it's not actually attached to the pedestal at all, and in fact, there appears to be some sort of switch beneath it. Myn believes that he can channel arcane energy through the orb to fulfill some purpose, and it is portable.

Sureiya, Myn, and the shamans' inspection of the other two orbs reveals that they are firmly attached to the pedestals. Both are charged with elemental wind energy, and in addition, one is charged with elemental fire energy, and the other elemental ice. Myn and Bernkastel believe that these orbs are tied to the same magics keeping the door sealed with electric energy--activating these orbs (a minor trick) would release a blast of wind, charged with either fire or cold, originating at the door and filling the hallway.

On the pedestals themselves are words; on the pedestal containing the fire orb is the text, " When the sun rises into the sky, a burning wind punishes our lands, searing the world." On the pedestal containing the ice orb is the text, "And when the moon climbs into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierces our homes." The center pedestal reads, "In this vast and terrible desert, no matter when it comes, the wind carries the same thing... Death."

Sureiya notes that the control panel apparently not only controls the gate behind the group, but also the sliding section of wall before them. It also can be used to cause the grating to slide open a bit, which would presumably some of scarabs trapped inside to escape. Sureiya recognizes these as the same scarabs as before--largely benign scavengers, unless provoked. Myn senses some sort of magical tether between the orb implement on the center pedestal and the scarabs. Sureiya believes he could open the gate behind them with this panel, or move the section of wall in front of them to seal off the back end of the hall. He could also release scarabs into the hall if he wanted to do that for some reason.

If you want to get closer to the panel at the end of the hallway to examine it with arcana you may now do so.
>> No. 73856 edit
"This panel can control the gate behind us and another one in front of us. It can also slide that crate stopping the scarabs from getting into the hallway" says Sureiya, almost thinking aloud.
Then he opens the way behind them just in case.

"What about the orbs?"
Open gate

Last edited at 13/10/22(Tue)00:08:54
>> No. 73857 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
73857
Sureiya is able to raise the heavy stone gate once more with the panel. However, he hears the grinding noise that indicates that it will soon descend once more--it appears that it's still a timed release.
>> No. 73858 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
73858
>>73855
It does seem kinda important. "Could Mr. Nsomething have a look at this panel?"
>> No. 73859 edit
"It would be my pleasure, Miss Nosurname."

Myn has a look at it.

Arcana check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4269485/
>> No. 73860 edit
File 138256050819.png - (495.49KB , 1010x666 , upperlevelH.png )
73860
Myn is, for reasons that are probably very suspicious, very familiar with this sort of magic. As he examines the floor panel, he realizes almost immediately that this is a standard sacrificial arcane mechanism tied to the electrified door--something needs to be killed on the panel in order to unseal it. Moreover, two sacrifices are necessary, and they must be done in a particular way--one must be killed by elemental wind and fire, and another must be killed by elemental wind and cold.
>> No. 73861 edit
>>73860

"I don't know very much about this kind of thing, but according to the imp we need to sacrifice something using cold air and something using hot air on that panel to unseal the door."

Myn feigns ignorance as he describes the mechanism in detail.
>> No. 73862 edit
Intrigued by the possibility of failure, Samel puts his two cents.

"If I am not mistaken, this kind of ritual often seems very simple, but contains a logic that is not. We should stake everything on the first try, making the steps in the order they are listed. Let's be careful, we do not know what might happen in case of failure. "

Last edited at 13/10/23(Wed)19:26:32
>> No. 73863 edit
File 138258252244.png - (794.62KB , 1600x2000 , 15802644.png )
73863
>>73862
"Well, I guess. I was thinking of using some of the scarabs, but if we want to make sure it works, maybe we need better sacrifices?"
>> No. 73864 edit
>>73863
"If that is necessary, then myself and Rutger can make ourselves useful. Perhaps it will respond positively toward a dragonborn."
>> No. 73865 edit
>>73864

"It seems a bit excessive to sacrifice yourself to open a door, Mister Tormine."
>> No. 73866 edit
>>73865
"I figured. I was being sarcastic." Torinn replies dryly, pointing to the scarabs. "I think they expect us to use those instead."
>> No. 73867 edit
File 132978231090.png - (18.86KB , 158x118 , b2.png )
73867
>>73864
"We should really examine all of our options first," responds the shaman, and walks up to the mundane panel. "Clear."

Assuming it's not difficult, I'll try closing the wall.
>> No. 73868 edit
File 13825917643.png - (419.96KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelI.png )
73868
Provided Sureiya instructs her how, sealing off the hall with the sliding wall is a simple matter. Sureiya believes it is easily reversible as well, and this mechanism doesn't appear to be timed.
>> No. 73869 edit
File 130842706258.png - (36.63KB , 458x434 , b3.png )
73869
Scarabs after all, huh.

"Then, for the sacrifices. Do we risk loosing the scarabs under the grate, or backtrack to retrieve a couple from the feasting hall?"
>> No. 73870 edit
"I think I can slightly open it so only a few ones can escape" the orc says.
"Are they even dangerous?"
>> No. 73871 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
73871
>>73870
"Well, okay. They're not supposed to be dangerous unless agitated, but they can swarm, and I don't think these would have been fed regularly. Please be careful."

The shaman reopens the wall.

Last edited at 13/10/24(Thu)00:05:46
>> No. 73872 edit
Sureiya slightly opens the crate, and closes it immediately as soon he see some scarabs getting out.
>> No. 73873 edit
File 138259899344.jpg - (412.53KB , 900x1200 , 20663358_p3.jpg )
73873
>>73872
Mage hand to catch one, maybe two.
>> No. 73874 edit
Myn picks up the portable orb, attempting to activate it with his super cool magics.
>> No. 73875 edit
File 138265041187.png - (477.33KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelJ.png )
73875
When Sureiya switches the grate to allow the passage of scarabs, they immediately begin to pour out. Even as fast as the half-orc closes it back up, enough have escaped to form a swarm of the scarabs--roughly a hundred or so. They do not attack or act aggressively, though they are good at evading Bernkastel's attempts to capture them with mage hand--it takes a few tries before she's able to get one in the hand's grip.

Grasping the orb in his hand, Myn feels that he could use this orb to direct the movement of the entire swarm of scarabs, though he feels like he is unable to control their movement precisely enough to force them to attack anything. He also feels that the control would be broken if he was to lose direct line of effect to the scarabs.

The scarabs begin to mill about the hallway, in seemingly random directions.
>> No. 73876 edit
File 130678104694.jpg - (34.71KB , 163x195 , k04a.jpg )
73876
>>73875
This is obviously too many, isn't it.

...?
"What's this?" says the shaman, taking Myn's orb.
>> No. 73877 edit
>>73876

"It seems this allows one to direct that swarm."

"Finally, initiative in saving me work."
>> No. 73878 edit
File 131363258626.jpg - (46.92KB , 150x241 , mb5.jpg )
73878
>>73877
The shaman hands it back to Myn. "Couldn't you have used this sooner?"
>> No. 73879 edit
>>73878

"I was preoccupied in observing your skill with that cantrip. My apologies."

Myn directs a scarab onto the sacrificial panel, motioning for the remainder of the group to clear the way as he prepares to activate the fire orb.

"Overoptimistic thinking, it seems."

>> No. 73880 edit
And what's this switch. http://orokos.com/roll/145086
>> No. 73881 edit
File 138268202674.png - (477.06KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelK.png )
73881
As Myn channels the command into the orb, he will note that the entire swarm appears to obey his command. It seems too difficult to transmit the command to individual scarabs, as they barely have a mind at all. Bernkastel's switch inspection reveals that it is tied to something else mechanically, like a hatch or panel that's somewhere in this hallway that you probably haven't discovered yet.
>> No. 73882 edit
File 131701380577.png - (57.46KB , 251x359 , eri1.png )
73882
>>73881
With the taller spirit's encouragement, the shaman presses the switch.
>> No. 73883 edit
File 138268202674.png - (477.06KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelK.png )
73883
When Bernkastel activates the switch, a well-hidden hatch above the floor panel at the end of the hallway opens, and what appears to be the carcass of a pack animal drops onto the panel itself. The corpse has decayed such that it is difficult to recognize, other than the fact that it was a large beast of some sort. This garners no reaction from the panel itself, though the scarabs start to swarm towards the corpse.
>> No. 73884 edit
File 138268288446.png - (40.43KB , 158x181 , wat.png )
73884
>>73883
What. Who goes to troubles like these to build a lock? http://orokos.com/roll/145089

Closing wall, ready for fire orb.


Last edited at 13/10/24(Thu)23:45:37
>> No. 73885 edit
Myn activates the fire orb.
>> No. 73886 edit
File 138272271386.png - (429.19KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelL.png )
73886
With the passage sealed, Myn's control over the scarabs breaks. The warlock activates the orb of flame, and there is a brief sound like a blast of fire on the other side of the wall. There is a faint crackling, but it doesn't appear to be continuous.
>> No. 73887 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
73887
"I think it stopped?" Opening the wall.
>> No. 73888 edit
File 138275567583.png - (438.64KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelM.png )
73888
Sliding the wall back into place brings a gust of warm air, though nothing harmful. There's still some lingering flames on the other side, but the scarabs are dead and the corpse is more or less intact, though smoldering.
>> No. 73890 edit
"...should I let some more get out?" the ranger asks, still a little unsure about the ritual.
>> No. 73891 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
73891
>>73890
"Yes, please do. We need to finish the next step."
>> No. 73892 edit
Sureiya opens and closes the crate again, hoping that the next swarm won't be harmful either.
>> No. 73893 edit
File 13827575334.png - (2.32KB , 145x145 , bern113b.png )
73893
If the flames don't go out quickly, I'll have to close the wall and either have Myn activate the ice orb or do it myself if I can.
>> No. 73894 edit
File 138276524872.png - (470.94KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelN.png )
73894
As Sureiya releases another swarm of scarabs, the shaman realizes the flames don't seem inclined to put themselves out very quickly, and thus instructs Sureiya to seal off the passage once more. Once that is done, Bernkastel easily activates the cold orb, which resonates briefly as you hear the sound of wind on the other side of the barrier.
>> No. 73895 edit
File 138083072654.png - (374.46KB , 820x735 , 16120531_p0c.png )
73895
>>73894
Such a hassle. Wall open pls.
>> No. 73896 edit
File 138276613370.png - (414.64KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelO.png )
73896
There's some scorch marks and smoke, but other than that the hallway appears fairly clear. The fire has been put out and the cold wind doesn't seem to have left and lingering effects of its own.
>> No. 73897 edit
Myn repeats the process with the ice orb.
>> No. 73898 edit
>>73897
ok i close door to let him use ice orb
>> No. 73899 edit
File 138283727590.png - (409.52KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelP.png )
73899
Once the scarabs are directed into place, the shaman closes off the aft hall before Myn uses the ice orb, causing a wooshing noise on the other side of the wall. There is also a sound like crackling energy.
>> No. 73900 edit
File 132259706726.jpg - (20.60KB , 143x158 , mb9.jpg )
73900
>>73899
"I really hope that was the last step."

Once the whooshing stops, opening wall.
>> No. 73901 edit
File 138284397259.png - (398.87KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelQ.png )
73901
When the hallway is opened once more, the arcane energy on the floor panel and lightning barrier on the far door are now gone. It would appear that the way is now clear, if you simply open the large double doors that block your way.
>> No. 73902 edit
File 130681880789.jpg - (33.09KB , 145x170 , k04b.jpg )
73902
>>73901
"This should be the throne room. I think we can expect combat," states the shaman, taking the ten-foot pole from Torinn.

- Ten-foot pole returns to bag of holding.
- Mage hand drops the scarab.
- Main hand: Goblin Totem Javelin +2, off-hand: Chieftain's Short Spear +1.
- I'll follow Torinn once he leads the way again. My position should be at or close to the front, since my speed is low.
- Reminder: Spirit of Vigor gave 4 temporary HP to everyone minus me.
- The Combat Leader feature grants +2 initiative to everyone. It's included in my initiative value, but I'm not sure about the others.


Last edited at 13/10/26(Sat)21:19:40
>> No. 73903 edit
Also in the front lines, Sureiya prepares himself for the worst.
Get both blades ready, Harmony in main, Farbond in off
Move to the front
Ready an action: Charge against the closer hostile creature that is or gets in range.


Last edited at 13/10/27(Sun)14:07:43
>> No. 73904 edit
File 13734351765.png - (30.10KB , 500x509 , lion warrior.png )
73904
Right then. Time to negotiate. Time to play the peacekeeper. Torinn throws open the doors to the room

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4276179/ 25

and screams, "Hey! Let's talk it out, faggots!"

Whoops.
rearm self with sword and shield
>> No. 73905 edit
File 138290802948.png - (651.63KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelR.png )
73905
As Torinn, still mounted, throws open the heavy double doors, there is a sound like a crack of thunder, and a roaring voice from the other side: "Brother, the throne room has been breached! Reseal the door, quickly!"

On the other side of the doors is a large, elaborate throne room, decorated with red carpet, orbs sitting on pedestals, and wall hangings. It looks like there was more decoration here at one point, but some have been removed. On a dais on the north side of the room sits a strange-yet-familiar looking throne with a translucent figure bound there by magical energy--a familiar figure, at that. The windrunner appears to be screaming, though you cannot hear any voice coming from the figure, and is apparently struggling against the energies that bind her to the throne. The throne itself is quite clearly not the original throne that sat there, and in fact, bears a striking resemblance to the strange thrones you discovered in the lairs of Sankis and Hemah.

Four large, sandstone pillars stand in the room's center, bulky, and clearly useful as cover. However, the pillars appear cracked and unstable, as if too much damage would collapse them. Fortunately they appear more ornamental than functional, such that destroying the pillars would not cause the room to cave in. A closer examination of the pillars may reveal more detail. OOC: Dungeoneering to examine the pillars. However, the creatures occupying the room are perhaps the group's biggest concern.

Scattered all over the room are scarabs, organized into swarms. There are roughly twenty in all that you can see from your current vantage point, though they don't seem to be reacting to you at all. On the left side of the room is a hulking, blue-skinned humanoid with a full white beard hefting a massive maul that crackles with thunderous energy. He wears fur-trimmed leathers that are colored a very light creamy brown, and his face is twisted in a rage-filled expression as he hefts the maul upwards in a battle stance. On the opposite end of the room is a thinner, yet tall humanoid with similar physical characteristics, only garbed in a set of very light blue robes with silver studding, tied together with a leather belt. In one hand he grasps an orb implement clearly sized for giants that looks remarkably similar to the scarab-controlling orb Myn used before it shrunk down. From his other hand he channels energy that arcs towards the throne and is apparently affecting the windrunner in some way. Both giants are surrounded by magic circles that glow a brilliant blue. OOC: Two separate arcana checks for giant knowledge.

The orb-wielding giant responds, "Strike them down as they come in! I'll need a moment to divert the energy!"
>> No. 73906 edit
File 130467051454.jpg - (39.79KB , 233x172 , mb2.jpg )
73906
"Hi, we're here to free the slaves, release the windrunner, claim the leyline, and take all your treasure. You should surrender now."

http://orokos.com/roll/145804
http://orokos.com/roll/145805
http://orokos.com/roll/145811


Last edited at 13/10/27(Sun)14:41:07
>> No. 73907 edit
dungeoneering on pillars : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4276239/ (22)
>> No. 73908 edit
"...so many of them."
Distracted by the swarms, the ranger have no idea what the pillars do.

Dungeoneering (14) http://orokos.com/roll/145806
>> No. 73909 edit
File 131415489278.jpg - (34.10KB , 140x140 , mb11.jpg )
73909
Whisper: "Mr. Tormyne, please consider bringing the carcass into the room to lure the scarabs."
>> No. 73911 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
73911
Continued!
>>73910
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason