[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 132304065176.png - (601.79KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopA.png )
6975 No. 6975 edit
The path leading down is mostly intact, and the imp flutters back shortly to report that the way ahead is clear. The group steadily descends downwards, until the stairs lead into an open area.

This open area begins as a natural cavern with a scattering of rubble and a whole lot of debris, but transitions into a worked stone floor surrounded by worked stone walls, which enclose the path ahead to a simple-looking stone door. There are engravings on the wall--the images are mostly of a group of dwarves traveling, a dwarf surrounded by other dwarves, and of dwarves laboring. The artwork is highly stylized, and seems to have been done by a legendary-grade engraver.

The door seems to open simply via handle.
Expand all images
>> No. 6979 edit
File 132304147379.png - (80.22KB , 274x345 , bern77.png )
6979
It's one of those tricky doors.

Check for traps. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3288533/
Assuming it looks safe, listen for sounds etc. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3288537/

>> No. 6980 edit
Sariel consults her fountain of knowledge.

Knowledge + Arcana: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3288552/
>> No. 6981 edit
File 132304241191.png - (594.07KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopB.png )
6981
Bernkastel sees nothing suspicious (and Sariel detects nothing magical), so she moves up to the door and attempts to listen to what's going on on the other side. It's pretty much completely quiet.

From what Sariel can tell, these designs seem to relate to the founding of the fortress (traveling, laboring), and the appointment of the first local leader (there are some words, but you'd need to understand dwarven to read them).
>> No. 6982 edit
"I'm starting to hate my profession," Sariel mumbles, dreading being holed up underground again. Dwarves were never the lofty lot, and her recent life decisions have seen her in their anvil-loving ruins a bit too often.
>> No. 6983 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
6983
>>6981
"...Before we head any further, can any of us read Dwarven?"
>> No. 6984 edit
Sariel, a bit disdainfully, crosses her arms. "I've never had a need to read anything in a language other than Elven," she responds.

"I believe the Warlord was versed in Dwarven, but he exchanged our company for that of political intrigue."

For a moment, the Eladrin hesitates. Then, she says carefully, "Given time and a focus, I could likely imbue a minor enchantment to, say, a pair of spectacles to make the writing appear to you as in Common.

"Given our current location, I'm none too sure if that's an idea worth pursuing."
>> No. 6985 edit
>>6984
"A quicker solution," Sariel adds, "is that I can copy the writing of whatever we find, and you read it later.

"For the engravings, too, come to think of it." Sariel eyes them intently. "Would there even be a market for Dwarven scribbles?"
>> No. 6986 edit
>>6985
Thinking briefly on it, the monk says,"Maybe, for an old abandoned fort like this, there might be some history on these walls someone could be interested in."
>> No. 6987 edit
File 129610171245.png - (84.95KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana3.png )
6987
"It's hard to say, it could be relating a story, or be threatening the incoming enemies.
Anyways, if the door doesn't look strange we could try to open it from a distance using that magical hand."
>> No. 6990 edit
"It's a regular entrance, Sureiya," Sariel says. "Why would the dwarves arm it with a trap?"

She turns to throw a glance to Torinn. "What think you, cub?"
>> No. 6991 edit
File 129625045160.png - (26.45KB , 147x185 , diplomaticimmunity.png )
6991
>>6990
Caught reading a book again, Torinn murmurs, "I think somebody should open that door."
>> No. 6992 edit
"I am up for the guy with the Tiger to open the door."
>> No. 6993 edit
>>6992
Torinn casually orders his mount forward and forces the door open, continuing on without worry of what's on the other side.
>> No. 6997 edit
File 132313566374.png - (508.66KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopC.png )
6997
Torinn opens the door, and spies a short corridor of smooth, worked stone that opens into a larger room ahead. It's very quiet and still.
>> No. 7000 edit
>>6997
"I know this place is supposed to be abandoned and all," Folka says while moving closer to the front of the group, "but I can't help but notice it's unusually quiet. You'd think there'd even be creatures still stirring about in a place like this."


Move to the square next to Bern's spirit (right below it)

>> No. 7007 edit
Sariel eyes the Shaman and Warlock.

"I'll take the rear," she states, "so please, follow the cub."
>> No. 7009 edit
File 132321274758.png - (12.73KB , 200x200 , saku_hanginfromceiling.png )
7009
"Not getting the jump on me again," Torinn murmurs. Taking a tight hold on the reins, he has Rutger climb up and crawl along the wall as they proceed further.

Athletics check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3290781/ (37)
Move forward three squares and up one to elevation 1 along the wall

>> No. 7011 edit
"Stay alert."
Walk in and move a bit to the north. Also ready a ranged twin strike if an hostile creature is in range.
>> No. 7012 edit
File 132324405619.png - (449.15KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopD.png )
7012
As the group moves forward, they discover what appears to be a large collection of broken-down siege equipment. There are also piles of ammunition, in the form of very moldy wooden bolts and moss-covered rocks sized for use by a catapult. There appears to be a large path to the north as well as east.
>> No. 7013 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
7013
"Can you light this area a bit more?"
Perception check, maximum rolls (31) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3291645/
>> No. 7014 edit
File 132328804827.png - (410.59KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopE.png )
7014
Sureiya notices what appears to be a well-hidden compartment in the square structure occupying the center of the room.

Figuring out the purpose of the compartment will require moving adjacent to it, opening it, and making a Dungeoneering check to examine what is inside.
>> No. 7015 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
7015
"Guys, I think I found something interesting here."
>> No. 7016 edit
File 130420653277.png - (54.37KB , 517x300 , peek.png )
7016
>>7007
>>7013
The shaman snaps back to reality. "Ah, okay, here," she replies.

Oblige, light, etc. Also, I'll stay near the front row.
>> No. 7017 edit
File 132333529817.png - (550.89KB , 558x454 , surprise.png )
7017
When Bernkastel moves forward with the light, you catch just the briefest glimpse of a dark-skinned, dwarf-like humanoid in a passage to the southeast before you hear a clanking noise, and a door slams shut in front of the creature. Behind you, the door you entered from slams shut as well.
>> No. 7018 edit
File 132333556127.png - (466.78KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopF.png )
7018
Once the party gets their bearings, they find themselves trapped in the siege workshop. To the north, you hear the heavy sound of stone grinding on stone as what appears to be a massive stone gate of some sort is being lowered, and water begins to seep in from the crack. Apparently, this room is about to become flooded.

You should probably figure out what the panel does, and quickly. It may also be worth the effort to try and brace the floodgate so that it cannot open as quickly.

The knowledge check for the dwarf-like humanoid is religion. A dungeoneering check while adjacent to the control panel will help you determine what it does and how you can manipulate it. A strength check while adjacent to the floodgate may slow it.
>> No. 7019 edit
File 132333652428.png - (85.87KB , 291x477 , ka2_ikaria2.png )
7019
"Hey you!! What the hell do you think you are doing!??" Swinging his blades in a clear show of aggression.
"This ... is this some kind of control panel?"
Move near to the control panel and inspect it.
Dungeoneering check (19) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3292697/

>> No. 7020 edit
Sariel thinks about dorfs.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3292735/
>> No. 7022 edit
File 129826709578.jpg - (77.48KB , 340x282 , mantarou.jpg )
7022
"Cravens!" Torinn howls, "You think a trap like this will stop us?" Rutger leaps forward and charges to the floodgate. With superhuman effort, Torinn and his mount attempt to shut the floodgate again.

"I've got things covered over here. You guys find a way out."

Jump down and move adjacent to floodgate
Strength check to not just slow floodgate but push it back : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3292963/ (27)

>> No. 7023 edit
File 132337283114.png - (459.03KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopG.png )
7023
Torinn braces the floodgate, and for now, its progress seems to be slowing. However, the room is still filling with water, and the dragonborn's strength can't hold this back forever. Something else needs to be done!

Sureiya determines that the panel is not receiving proper power. Traditional operation of the panel is impossible, however... it should be possible to work the mechanisms behind the panel with the right tools.

Sureiya thinks a thievery check on the panel might be able to disable the trap, and open the doors.
Sariel knows the story of these creatures. Of all the civilized peoples of Faerun, the dwarves have probably suffered the most at the hands of the evils of the Underdark. Due to the close proximity of dwarven settlements to the far reaches of the Underdark, raids by the evil humanoids that dwell there are common. Many dwarves are taken as slaves. At some point, in their suffering, some of the enslaved dwarves consorted with devils in order to gain the power to overthrow their slavers. These corrupted dwarves are called duergar. Though most of the duergar were successful in utilizing their new-found power to escape their enslavement, most have since turned to evil practices, not realizing they have only traded one master for another. The duergar now have a reputation as slavers, and conduct their own raids to gather slaves. Furthermore, the duergar live side-by-side with devils, having fully embraced their diabolic pact.
The most prominent physical features of the duergar are the spike-like quills, which carry a deadly poison. The quills are often found somewhere on the duergar's head, where one would normally find hair. The duergar can shoot these quills very quickly as a ranged attack. Otherwise, they bear many physical similarities to dwarves, though have darker skin, and their quills are often colored as fire, in shades of bright orange, red, and yellow.

>> No. 7024 edit
Myn holds his breath, wondering if the hole in his side will let water in anyways.
>> No. 7027 edit
"Alright, I found something here. I got some tools so I can probably make this thing stop. Anyone care to give a hand? Not that we are in a rush or anything!"
Prepare thieves tools
>> No. 7037 edit
>>7027
"While I've never really been good at this sort of thing, I could try and give a hand I suppose."

Aid another for thievery on Sureiya
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3294593/

>> No. 7038 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
7038
"Argh ... this may be a little harder than I expected ..."
Thievery check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3294611/ (lol 5 +15)
>> No. 7039 edit
File 132348871717.png - (587.65KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopH.png )
7039
As Sureiya fiddles a bit with the working mechanisms for the gate, he seems to have stopped the floodgate from opening further--for now. Torinn's efforts seem to be paying off as well. Still, water is spilling into the room, and some more work will be necessary to raise the floodgate back and block the flow of water. Torinn also feels that he could probably help by trying to force the gate upwards...

Another thievery and strength check would be good. You can aid another with dungeoneering for the thievery.
>> No. 7040 edit
>>7039
>>7038
Shrugging, Folka says,"It isn't nothin' to panic about, we're doing okay so far! At least the water isn't up to our necks yet." while assisting Sureiya again with the mechanisms.
>> No. 7041 edit
Torinn heaves the gate back into place with a grunt of effort.

strength check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3295124/ (19)
>> No. 7042 edit
File 129643998318.png - (89.42KB , 291x478 , kan_waraia123.png )
7042
"Alright alright, let me give it another try ..."
Thievery check! (lol 8 +15 =23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3295133/
>> No. 7043 edit
File 132349488782.png - (580.77KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopI.png )
7043
The combined efforts of the group manage to stop the floodgate from opening, and raise it back into position. Furthermore, Sureiya thinks he has unlocked the doors, that were locked by whatever mechanism was lowering the floodgate.

Skill challenge success (level 6, complexity 2). Everyone receives 125 XP. The expected XP total is 8508/10,000.
>> No. 7044 edit
"... I think it's open now. Care to give a check?"
>> No. 7045 edit
File 129475012166.jpg - (62.52KB , 310x438 , 11567225.jpg )
7045
>>7043
"Is it unlocked? Everyone, prepare for an attack," says the shaman, putting the whip away and moving to listen through the door.

Perception: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3295207/
hopefully they're not actively trying to be stealthy

>> No. 7048 edit
Audio Metroid_Pre-Boss_Theme.mp3 - (1.43MB , sm18.mp3 )
7048
Bernkastel listens for noise on the other side of the door... and it's eerily quiet. She can detect no movement or sounds through the stone door.
>> No. 7049 edit
Sariel moves closer to the door as well, attempting to sense the presence of magic beyond the steel construct.

"That creature we saw briefly," she begins, "was likely one of the duergar. They're slaves, escaped from the Underdark, only to grow as kin to those accursed Drow."

She snorts with visible contempt at the mention of the Drow, then continues, "It may be that these duergar have enslaved some people and we may run across those. It may also be that they hope we are their next prey. Whichever the case, beware most the quills they wear as hair; they carry a deadly toxin.

"Regardless of our original cause here, I move to suggest we eliminate those duergar to the last."

Arcana check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3295782/
Obv too distracted by ranting.

>> No. 7051 edit
File 132355162657.png - (707.69KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopJ.png )
7051
Sariel can't detect anything magical near the door.
>> No. 7053 edit
"Well what are we waitin' around twiddlin' our thumbs for!? Let's get movin' already! " Folka exclaims as he motions to Torinn to go through the door.
>> No. 7054 edit
File 132356470834.png - (16.68KB , 95x95 , bern102.png )
7054
>>7053
"Wait, let's not go yet," the shaman whispers to the group, motioning for them to stop.

"If there is an enemy lurking outside, maybe we should wait out of sight when we open the door, and ambush them when they enter."
>> No. 7055 edit
>>7054
"I'm sure those creatures know this place a lot better than we do, nor would they probably be stupid enough to waltz right back in when they see the door open. I'm sure as heck not gonna wait around forever."
>> No. 7056 edit
File 131761042231.png - (15.19KB , 105x105 , bern123.png )
7056
>>7055
"... Assuming there is an enemy, it seems as though the side to pass through this door first would be at a disadvantage. If you insist, though, everyone should be prepared to move as soon as the door opens."

Requesting readied actions, attacks for those with ranged attacks and move actions for thsoe without or unwilling, though there may well be no enemy beyond the door.

Standard action: Ready action, perception etc.

Also I should have been keeping the temporary HP on the party.

>> No. 7060 edit
"Alright, just do it."
Stay near of the entrance, ready an action: ranged twin strike in any near hostile creature
>> No. 7062 edit
Sariel nods, and marches to the rear of the group, readying her Winged Horde.

Ready Winged Horde, first hostile to enter the room, or nearest group of hostiles when initiative starts.
>> No. 7066 edit
File 132364890797.png - (612.12KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopK.png )
7066
Torinn swings the door open, but the creature that was on the other side of the door has vanished. All that is there is a short bit of wall that breaks back into a natural cavern, leading north. There is a lever on the wall, presumably the one the creature from before pulled to initiate the flooding.
>> No. 7067 edit
File 13090099938.png - (41.52KB , 243x201 , search.png )
7067
The shaman looks into the next area.

Perception, as planned. I can look for footprints or tracks in addition to traps, right?
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3297477/

>> No. 7068 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
7068
Bernkastel doesn't notice much of interest here. There's a bit of rubble where constructed walls have obviously decayed over time and given way to the natural cavern walls, and the ground is solid and dry enough to not leave any tracks. However, there seems to be only one obvious way to go from here, so the creature may have run off in that direction.
>> No. 7069 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
7069
>>7068
"... It seems to be safe." The shaman walks ahead, providing light.
>> No. 7071 edit
Sariel and Roth follow behind Bern, the Displacer Beast close enough to grant Bern its protective aura.

Sariel, meanwhile, holds her Winged Horde at the go.


Roth within 1 of Bern, Sariel within 2 of Bern and 1 of Roth, Winged Horde Readied at first hostile creature.
>> No. 7073 edit
File 13236632002.png - (414.91KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopL.png )
7073
The terrain worked stone floor steadily reverts back to a natural cavern floor ahead, with quite a bit of debris marking the transition. The cavern floor itself appears quite muddy, and there is clearly a lot more cavern beyond the reach of Bernkastel's sunrod.
>> No. 7074 edit
"The shortie runned huh?"
Moving ahead staying close to the others. Still attacking with ranged twin strike any hostile creature in range.
>> No. 7076 edit
File 132372475369.png - (295.48KB , 800x1000 , you have my attention.png )
7076
"They cleared out awfully fast."

Without any enemies he can see, Torinn takes up his previous position, slightly ahead of the group. As an afterthought, he looks up to see if there are any enemies lurking above. It couldn't hurt.
Jump up and climb along wall again, 1 square up and 3 squares ahead of everybody else
(athletics check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3298497/)
Examine the ceiling

>> No. 7077 edit
"See? What'd I tell ya! Nothing to worry about. Those cowards already skittered off to the darkest reaches for all we know." Folka nonchalantly says out loud, while taking point somewhat behind Torinn.
>> No. 7079 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
7079
>>7077
The shaman nods in agreement. "It looks like you're right."

Though, the spirits don't seem to be letting down their guard.

Keep moving forward. I should always be close to the front line.
>> No. 7082 edit
File 129828845679.png - (73.89KB , 291x478 , kanonwithamonocle.png )
7082
"I got a bad feeling about this place ..."
Move to p-4, perception check (lol 2) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3299039/
ready a ranged attack again

>> No. 7083 edit
File 13237554231.png - (632.24KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopL.png )
7083
The area here opens into a large cavern. There appears to be a collapsed stone column blocking the path north, though there's no sign of any more of the duergar.

The floor here is muddy and covered in moss and stagnant, shallow pools of water. However, there is one pool of water towards the back that looks a lot deeper. There are a few stone pillars, and some stalagmites in the northeast corner.
>> No. 7088 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
7088
perception http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3299541/
>> No. 7090 edit
File 132382196099.png - (563.17KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopM.png )
7090
Looking around from her current position, "Bernkastel" can't see much of interest. There are some occasional ripples in the deep pool in the back, as if it's not completely still.
>> No. 7096 edit
The shaman whispers, "There's something in the far side of the pool."
>> No. 7097 edit
File 129946947285.png - (13.72KB , 87x118 , sakutaro_rifyua2.png )
7097
Torinn nods in understanding. He motions for Sureiya to sit behind him.
>> No. 7098 edit
Staying silent, the ranger follow the party plan.
>> No. 7102 edit
File 130145723297.jpg - (62.12KB , 240x173 , concern.jpg )
7102
Torinn silently orders Rutger to resume climbing, moving slowly and cautiously over towards the pool. He stands a few feet back, not wanting to get [too- close just yet.

Move along wall to H/I, 1/2, elevation 1
See if situation changes

>> No. 7103 edit
ready ranged attack against any hostile in range
>> No. 7104 edit
Audio Super_Metroid_Boss_Battle_1.mp3 - (1.81MB , sm19.mp3 )
7104
As Torinn approaches, a shape beneath the water quickly moves to the surface and emerges! A four-headed, reptilian monstrosity engages Torinn and his mount, but unfortunately, remains too far away for any of the party's readied actions to trigger!
>> No. 7108 edit
File 132390390110.png - (917.36KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopN.png )
7108
The creature looms over Torinn and Rutger threatening, its four serpentine heads opening their fanged maws, and their teeth dripping a rather dangerous-looking green substance. The creature is covered in pale, sickly green scales and has ridges running down the back of each of its four long necks, and has no arms, with only two fat, clawed legs for mobility. The heads each appear individually alert and mobile, and ready to strike at the slightest provocation.

Folka is the first to seize the initiative.

The hydra remains out of range of winged horde,, as well as the range of Myn's eldritch blast. Therefore, those readied actions do not trigger.
Sureiya can attempt a ranged twin strike, if he likes.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 24
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-4) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (T-4) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (R-7) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-5) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (S-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (T-5) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-6) +2 to saving throws for adjacent allies
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Q-5) +1 to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Hydra (Enemy): (F/G-4/5)

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7109 edit
Free Action: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3301335/
Nature Check

>> No. 7111 edit
File 129988235697.png - (7.03KB , 93x103 , sakutaro_derp.png )
7111
A giant snake!
Nature check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3301336/ (6)
>> No. 7113 edit
nature check lol:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3301355/
>> No. 7114 edit
File 132390972265.png - (38.07KB , 128x128 , Manyheadedhydra.png )
7114
Sariel (Nature): Hydras are fierce mythical beasts of primordial origin. It was said that one of the most powerful primordials had hands tipped with hundreds of serpentine heads, and that the hydras emerged from his carcass when he fell.
As for actual fact, though most people know of hydras as mythical beasts, adventurers, sailors, and certain explorers know of their true nature--predatory water-dwellers that stalk the hinterlands and the far reaches of the world, including the Underdark. The heads of the hydra are capable of independent action--even if one head is inconvenienced in some manner, the others can pick up the slack. This is especially evident when one encounters a sleeping hydra, as only half of the heads will be asleep.
However, though hydras are known as dumb beasts, they can actually be trained with the proper care, and make vicious and effective pets. They are unnaturally cunning, as if one head learns a trick, all of the other heads instantly pick up on it. A hydra thus is far more capable of learning long lists of commands than other beasts. Giants, minotaurs, and other monstrous humanoids are known to keep hydra pets, but there are ancient whisperings that the dwarves of the old kingdom employed "dungeon masters" which were capable of taming even the mighty hydra.
The most prolific hydra was a nine-headed, immortal hydra that was slain in battle with a demigod. Though the truth of this myth is dubious, it is known that hydras are capable of growing additional heads if one head is destroyed, and the powerful poison the hydra of legend possessed is based on a particular breed of hydra--the poisonous hydra, a level 8 solo brute, which this hydra appears to be. You're unsure of the specifics, but it's rumored that the poison causes only pain at first, but will quickly spread throughout the victim's body, rendering it half-paralyzed. The hydra is highly resistant to poison, but you know that if you can cause it a significant amount of fire or acid damage, it is possible to stop the regeneration of the hydra heads. This may only serve to make the hydra more deadly, however, as it is said that hydras that are reduced in head count become even more vicious and vengeful.

>> No. 7118 edit
File 132391020325.png - (917.87KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopO.png )
7118
Folka was just following Torinn normally when the hydra emerged, interrupting his walk.

I'll count that as a readied action for Folka to follow Torinn. It's resolved and now Folka has moved and it's his turn.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 24
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-4) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (T-4) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (K-3) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-5) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (S-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (T-5) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-6) +2 to saving throws for adjacent allies
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Q-5) +1 to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (F/G-4/5), 4 heads

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7122 edit
File 132333652428.png - (85.87KB , 291x477 , ka2_ikaria2.png )
7122
"So those guys managed to train a Hydra?!"
Nature check: nature freak etc (29) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3301488/
>> No. 7125 edit
File 132391940318.png - (37.37KB , 128x128 , 4headedhydra.png )
7125
>>7122
Sureiya knows everything outlined here:
>>7114
In addition, Sureiya knows that flanking the hydra is a fruitless effort, as its extra heads afford it all around vision (you can't gain combat advantage by flanking the hydra). Its many-headed trait allows it to continue to act even if one of its heads is stunned, and other heads will learn from the mistakes of any that miss with their attacks (the hydra can take free actions while stunned or dominated, and whenever it misses with an attack, any subsequent attacks made as part of the same action ignore any penalties imposed on it by effects or attacks). Furthermore, whenever it drops below three-fourths, one-half, or one-fourth of its life, one of its heads will be destroyed. It will grow two new heads at the start of its turn unless it takes a fair amount of fire or acid damage before then (regenerating heads allows it to regenerate lost heads unless it takes at least 12 fire or acid damage, which reduces the amount of heads it regenerates by 1 per 12 acid or fire damage). Finally, the hydra can threaten distant enemies (it possesses threatening reach, so it can make opportunity attacks within 2 squares).
The hydra's basic attack is a simple bite attack, which does a moderate amount of damage. It also possesses a poison spit attack, which deals less damage, but inflicts the hydra poison and doesn't leave the hydra exposed to attack (when poisoned by the hydra, you take ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends), and if you fail a saving throw, you fall prone and can't stand from prone until you save--poison spit doesn't provoke opportunity attacks even though it's a ranged attack). Its usual attack method is attacking once for every head it possesses on its turn (hydra fury, an at-will attack, allows it to use either bite or poison spit once for every head). When it attacks in this furious manner, it regurgitates a small amount of poison, which is dangerous and will cause poisoning to an open wound (when the hydra uses hydra fury, its bite will carry the same hydra poison as its poison spit, and any creature it misses with every single attack it makes takes 5 poison damage.
The hydra continues to be a threat at all times. It viciously snaps with a pair of bites at nearby enemies (snapping jaws is a free action that allows the hydra to use bite twice against any enemy that ends its turn within 2 squares of the hydra). In addition, if it is not sufficiently distracted, it reacts to ranged attackers with an extra-potent spit attack (reflexive spit allows it to use poison spit against an enemy 3 or more squares away from the hydra that hits it with an attack, which deals 5 extra poison damage if it hits. It can't use reflexive spit if 4 or more enemies are within 2 squares of the hydra).

>> No. 7128 edit
>>7125
>>7122
>>7114
"So does anything know what this overgrown lizard actually does or what to look out for!? I'd like to at least know something before I end up near it!"
>> No. 7129 edit
File 129694624952.png - (59.75KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria1.png )
7129
"Guys, this beast is a pain! Every head have it's own conscience and will attack independently. It can spit acid and I don't think flanking would do any good!
Aside from that I know it will usually furiously attack anyone kinda near of it when it got a chance and that it will try to counter ranged attacks."
>> No. 7144 edit
>>7129
"Got it! More heads just means more fun for me anyway! This thing will find it's not so easy to hit me!" Folka shouts as he suddenly blurs into the fray to face the oncoming foe.

He seems to land an impressive couple of blows against the Hydra and can't help but grin to himself.



Move Action:Shift 1 square to the northeast
Minor Action:(Item encounter power from boots of the fencing master) Shift 2 squares (one square northeast again, then one north)
Standard Action:Open the Gate of Battle vs Hydra's reflexes
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3301777/
Free Action:Flurry of blows (4 damage, slide hydra one square southwest, so right next to torinn. I have CA against target until end of my next turn.)
(another note, gain +1 AC and Reflex until end of next turn as well)

>> No. 7145 edit
File 132392698481.png - (918.69KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopP.png )
7145
Folka quickly dashes up next to the hydra, never leaving himself open to attack, and then lands one solid blow on the beast's midsection. The hydra roars and brings three of its heads down to counterattack as it stumbles forward, but the monk quickly beats them back. Unfortunately, one head outmaneuvers the monk and bites him savagely in the shoulder.

Folka shifts, then uses boots of the fencing master to shift 2 squares. He gains a +1 bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of his next turn.
Folka uses open the gate of battle, which hits for 25 damage, and his centered breath flurry of blows adds 4 damage and slides it 1 square. Folka gains CA against it until the end of his next turn.
At the end of Folka's turn, snapping jaws misses Folka once and hits Folka once for 15 damage. The hydra takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance. Torinn's shield of devotion heals Folka for 4 hit points.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 24
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-4) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (T-4) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-5) 37/48 HP, +1 to AC and Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-5) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (S-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (T-5) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-6) +2 to saving throws for adjacent allies
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Q-5) +1 to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (G/H-3/4) -36 HP, 4 heads

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7149 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
7149
"Thanks for bringing the fun near to us!"
Minor action: Set hunter quarry on the Hydra.
Standard action: Twin strike against the hydra (failed): http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3301831/
Minor action: Off hand strike (18 damage points) : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3301836/

>> No. 7154 edit
File 132392993082.png - (918.28KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopQ.png )
7154
The ranger's initial pair of strikes fail to pierce the hydra's thick hide, but one last off-hand blow slices a clean line across one of the beast's necks. The beast salivates as it bites towards the ranger twice, missing once and connecting with the half-orc's torso on the second attack.
The hydra finally gains enough leverage to unleash a full flurry of attacks, biting at Torinn and Sureiya no less than eight times in total! When the attack ends, both of the combatants feel the draining poison of the hydra flowing through their veins, though Sureiya manages to land a solid counter-attack. The beast still seems quite in the fight, however, and three of its heads roar with vigor. One head seems to be looking a bit pale, though...

Sureiya places his quarry on the hydra. His twin strike misses it twice. He then uses off-hand strike, which hits for 19 damage.
The hydra's snapping jaws misses Sureiya once and hits once for 15 damage. The hydra takes 7 damage from Torinn's righteous radiance.
The poisonous hydra uses hydra fury! It uses bite twice against Torinn, and twice against Sureiya. It misses Torinn once and Sureiya twice, and hits Torinn once for 12 damage, plus ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends). Sureiya takes 5 poison damage.
The hydra spends an action point! It uses hydra fury again, missing Torinn once, then hitting Torinn once for 15 damage, and hitting Sureiya twice for 13 damage and 10 damage, plus ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends). Sureiya's disruptive strike hits for 15 damage but doesn't cause a miss, and it takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance. The first hit triggers Sureiya's half-orc resilience, which grants Sureiya 5 THP, which help absorb the next attack.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 24
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-4) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (T-4) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-5) 37/48 HP, +1 to AC and Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-5) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 31/58 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 17/55 HP Bloodied, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (S-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (T-5) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-6) +2 to saving throws for adjacent allies
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Q-5) +1 to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (G/H-3/4) -84 HP, 4 heads, granting CA to Folka

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7167 edit
File 130679427695.jpg - (58.12KB , 182x320 , k05-06a.jpg )
7167
The shaman calls an iron archon to aid in the inevitable fight, initially having considered escape but quickly realizing that this group never retreats.

Move action: M-7, spirit companion to J-3, elevation 1.
Minor action: Spirit of Athas to I-3, elevation 1.
Standard action: Sly Fox Spirit, Torinn first and Sureiya if Torinn hits. +1 item bonus to the attack rolls.

>> No. 7168 edit
>>7167
Torinn's roll here. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3303356/
Sureiya needs to roll next.

>> No. 7169 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
7169
basic attack: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3303402/
>> No. 7170 edit
File 132400882410.png - (1.15MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopR.png )
7170
The shaman and her spirits quickly reposition themselves for combat, before she summons an iron archon to guide Torinn's blow towards the hydra--the hydra tries to dodge, but one of the heads is too slow, and is severed at the neck by the dragonborn's longsword. It flops to the ground, and the hydra is down to three heads and a stump. Sureiya attempts to follow with one of his own, but the hydra quickly jumps aside.

Bernkastel's moves, then uses call spirit of athas to summon her elemental spirit. She then uses sly fox spirit, and Torinn's MBA hits for 18 damage, but Sureiya's misses.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 24
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-4) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (T-4) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-5) 37/48 HP, +1 to AC and Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 31/58 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 17/55 HP Bloodied , ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (S-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (T-5) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (G/H-3/4) -102 HP, 3 heads, granting CA to Folka

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7179 edit
Sariel does stuff.

Sariel to O5, Roth to N6

Standard: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3304267/ lol fail

>> No. 7189 edit
File 132409487210.png - (910.35KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopS.png )
7189
Sariel and Roth advance, though the hydra seems unaffected by the horde of illusionary warriors that the eladrin summons.

Sariel's winged horde misses the poisonous hydra.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 24
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-4) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (T-4) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-5) 37/48 HP, +1 to AC and Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 31/58 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 17/55 HP Bloodied , ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (O-5) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-6) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (G/H-3/4) -102 HP, 3 heads, granting CA to Folka

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7191 edit
File 130351934563.jpg - (93.50KB , 434x290 , dragon rage.jpg )
7191
"Hey, you overgrown garden snakes! You wanna eat something" Torinn growls, grimacing as the poison makes his entire body burn. He hefts his sword, light spearing the hydra as he brings his brilliant blade down in a slash. "Eat this!"
Radiant energy bursts from his blade as he hacks away at the hydra, infusing Sureiya with vigor while Torinn grants him a portion of his vitality. Drawing upon his resolve, he bolsters himself for retaliation, purging the poison from his system through sheer willpower.

"Come on, I've seen infants with more bite than you."

Standard : Strike of Hope + Holy Smite http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3304405/ (26, 9+6)
Grant 9 THPs to Sureiya
Minor : Use second wind on Sureiya
Minor : Use Virtue to gain 19 THPs
Save against ongoing poison : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3304409/ (12)

>> No. 7193 edit
File 132410307645.png - (910.11KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopT.png )
7193
Torinn feels a bit woozy from the hydra poison, but recovers his strength quick enough to strike out with divine power, leaving the hydra confused and distracted. But it's not so distracted that it doesn't attempt to bite the paladin twice. Torinn quickly fends off the hydra's attacks with his shield, then prays for Bahamut's blessing on both himself and the ranger. The dragon god obliges, and grants them both extra vitality, and Torinn even manages to overcome the hydra's poison with relative ease.

Torinn takes ongoing 5 poison damage and is bloodied.
Torinn's strike of hope hits with holy smite for 9 damage plus 6 radiant damage, and the hydra is dazed until the end of Torinn's next turn. This grants Sureiya 9 THP.
Torinn uses virtue of sacrifice to spend a sure via his second wind, which heals Sureiya for 14 hit points.
Torinn uses virtue to spend a surge and gain 19 THP.
Torinn saves against ongoing poison damage. The hydra's snapping jaws misses Torinn twice.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 24
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-4) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (T-4) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-5) 37/48 HP, +1 to AC and Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 31/55 HP + 9 tHP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (O-5) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-6) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (G/H-3/4) -117 HP, 3 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7194 edit
>>7193


"...I wonder where I could get one of these."

Positioning himself behind the shaman, Myn curses the creature, taking on some psychic burden to ensure a successful attack.


Move action: Move to N-8.
Minor action: Curse hydra.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Hydra.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3304582/
reroll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3304584/

Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3304588/

>> No. 7195 edit
File 132410589936.png - (1.38MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopU.png )
7195
The warlock confidently strides forward, and attempts to blast the hydra with a burst of psychic energy. At first, Myn has difficulty wrapping himself around the beast's multiple brains, but a sharp, eldritch pain from his side both reminds him of the price of his power and brings his mind back into focus. The hydra begins to feel this pain as well, and reels from the shared agony.

Myn moves, then curses the hydra. His shared agony hits for 22 psychic damage, but he takes 7 damage from the reroll.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 24
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-5) 37/48 HP, +1 to AC and Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 31/55 HP + 9 tHP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (O-5) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-6) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (G/H-3/4) -139 HP, 3 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, Cursed (Myn)

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7200 edit
"Well guys, I'm outta here!"
Standard: twin strike (apparently 14 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305179/
Free action: fall prone from mount into J-2
Minor action: Stand up
Movement action: Invigorating stride shifting to L-3

>> No. 7202 edit
File 13241683589.png - (1.25MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopV.png )
7202
Folka holds off his attack a bit, but that doesn't stop the hydra from biting at the monk twice more, the first tearing a bloody gash in Folka's side, but the second being deftly beaten away by the monk's quick reflexes.

Sureiya unleashes a pair of sword attacks against the hydra in retaliation, scoring a pair of solid hits. He then drops off the mount, rolling to his feet in a smooth motion. The half-orc then manages to carefully slip away from the hydra's reach, regaining a bit of his strength from a brief respite from the onslaught. He also manages to rid himself of the damaging poison before its effects become crippling.

The hydra's snapping jaws hit Folka once for 14 damage and miss Folka once. It takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance.
Sureiya takes ongoing 5 poison damage.
Sureiya's twin strike hits the hydra twice for 14 damage and 6 damage, and the hydra takes a -2 penalty to attacks until the end of Sureiya's next turn.
Sureiya drops prone. Sureiya uses acrobat boots to stand from prone. Sureiya then uses invigorating stride to shift 2 squares and use his second wind, spending a surge to regain 14 hit points and gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of his next turn.
Sureiya saves against ongoing damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305237/


Initiative
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20-1 (Delayed)
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-5) 23/48 HP (Bloodied), +1 to AC and Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-3) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP
Sariel (Liliane): (O-5) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-6) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (G/H-3/4) -166 HP, 3 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, Cursed (Myn), -2 to attacks

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7204 edit
File 13241802058.png - (1.24MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopW.png )
7204
As Folka holds back, the hydra roars once more, a shrill cry that echoes throughout the cavern system. As it does so, the severed neck wiggles and splits as two new heads emerge from the bloody stump. The now five-headed hydra utilizes every head as it bites at Torinn and Folka twice. The two adventurers manage to dodge every bite, but the fifth head launches a projectile poison spit which manages to strike Folka head-on, and the monk feels the poison quickly spreading throughout his body.

Folka continues to delay until after Bernkastel.
The hydra grows 2 new heads with regenerating heads. It then uses hydra fury, attacking Torinn with bite twice and missing both times, then attacking Folka with poison spit once, hitting for 6 poison damage plus ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends), then missing Folka with bite twice. It takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance.


Initiative
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 18-1
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-5) 17/48 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (H/I-1/2, Elevation 1) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-3) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (O-5) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-6) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (G/H-3/4) -173 HP, 5 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, Cursed (Myn), -2 to attacks

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7205 edit
File 132418324698.png - (499.96KB , 572x763 , airarchon.png )
7205
"There, an opportunity for an all-out attack."

The elemental spirit eagerly cuts into the beast with its scythe, and disappears with a sudden gust of wind.

Immediately, whirlwinds blow up a duststorm near both the hydra and the shaman's allies, summoning four ephemeral figures--air archons. They use their mastery over wind to blow the hydra into a disadvantageous position, and propel allies into powerful charges toward the vulnerable enemy.


Minor action: Inspiring Word for Folka. Surge + 2d6 + 1 healing, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305566/
Minor action: Draw totemic spear.
Standard action: Spirit of Athas attack, Int. vs. Reflex. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305559/
- Action Point - Standard action: Lamb to the slaughter, Str. vs. Will. I'll have Torinn, Folka, and Sureiya charge the hydra. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305563/
Free action: Bracers of Mental Might, use int in place of str for the attack.

>> No. 7206 edit
File 132418361686.png - (154.58KB , 640x385 , sak_paladin.png )
7206
Rutger swipes at the hydra as it flies past, but only hits empty air. "Hold on, Rutger, here we go..." Torinn says as he holds on tightly. The archon propels him into a terrible charge, Rutger roaring in primal fury. He hacks at the hydra's many heads with his blade, declaring, "I don't care how many heads you grow, you beast. You will not survive this fight!"

Rutger's raking claw immediate reaction :http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305565/ (18, miss)
Torinn's charge attack : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305568/ (26, 10)

>> No. 7207 edit
>>7205
8:49 PM Voyager: lol wait
8:49 PM Voyager: I forgot to post where I'm pulling the hydra to
8:50 PM Voyager: it's K/L-6/7.

>> No. 7209 edit
charge to j/k 4/5
>> No. 7210 edit
>>7204
>>7205
Wincing at the bite from the hydra, Folka tries to keep up a tough front by remarking back towards it, no matter how futile it may seem to communicate with it,"For so many heads, you sure suck at trying to bite me!"

While the hydra stupidly gets whisked away by the air archons, at the moment the rest of his allies attack, Folka strikes in a chopping motion at one of the many heads while yelling,"Now, Let's see how YOU LIKE IT!"


Charge to L-5
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305574/

>> No. 7211 edit
"Seriously guys? I just escaped from that thing!"
Because bern orders it, charge against the hydra (32,20) Finish charge at L5 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305668/
>> No. 7212 edit
File 132418780970.png - (1.24MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopX.png )
7212
Bernkastel quickly uses a bit of spiritual healing via motivational words to restore Folka's fighting spirit, then calls for her elemental spirit to unleash its full power on the hydra, leaving it a bit weakened.

Digging into her deepest reserves of strength, the shaman calls forth a group of air spirits, which lure the hydra into position for her allies, which each attack in turn. Torinn's sword strike severs another one of the hydra's heads, and Sureiya lands a vicious attack accross the beast's midsection while Folka punches one of the hydra's vulnerable necks. The beast is bleeding heavily now, but still proves ready to fight, snapping its biting mouths towards the shaman in retaliation, missing by quite a bit the first time, but the second head corrects its aid and bites through her shoulder.

Bernkastel uses inspiring word, which heals Folka for 20 hit points, and Folka spends a surge. Bernkastel draws her totemic spear.
Bernkastel uses spirit of athas attack, which hits for 12 damage and imposes a -2 to attacks and defenses penalty on the hydra until the end of its next turn.
Bernkastel spends an action point! Bernkastel uses lamb to the slaughter, which hits and pulls the hydra adjacent. Torinn charges and hits with a MBA for 10 damage, which bloodies the hydra. Sureiya charges and hits with marauder's rush for 22 damage. Folka charges and hits with monk basic attack for 13 damage.
The hydra uses snapping jaws, which misses Bernkastel once and hits Bernkastel once for 14 damage. It takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance.


Initiative
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 18-1
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 1, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-6) 37/48 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 33/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-5) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (O-5) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-6) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) [b]+1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies[/s] Not Present

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (K/L-6/7) -237 HP (Bloodied), 4 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, Cursed (Myn), -2 to attacks, -2 to attacks and defenses

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7213 edit
Folka suddenly starts swaying near the hydra, then suddenly strikes the hydra in the head, causing it to attack itself moving it about the battlefield in the process. The red cloth which he carries with him always wraps around one of the hydra's necks, and he pulls it back towards the party again, and quickly strikes it, too fast for most creatures (or people for that matter) to even see. After all is said and done, he attempts to shift into a better position, but after doing so, falls prone, the poison and the battle at hand clearly starting to wear on him. He shouts out,"It's nothing! Keep on that creature before it can strike again!"


Drunken Monkey vs Hydra's Will: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305724/
Hydra gains a +2 to the basic melee attack against itself after I shift it one square east
No Action:Flurry of blows the Hydra (4 damage) and slide it one square west.
Move Action: Shift 1 square east of my position
Saving Throw: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305737/

>> No. 7214 edit
File 132419933332.png - (1.24MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopY.png )
7214
Folka staggers a bit as he slams into the hydra, in a strange maneuver that confuses the beast into attempting to bite itself--but it's too much in a stupor to land a solid hit. As the monk continues to stagger, it appears not all of it was because of the technique he employed, as the poison removes full control of his limbs, and the flops to the ground.

Folka's drunken monkey hits the hydra for 8 damage, and its bite misses itself. Folka slides it east, then slides it back west with centered breath flurry of blows, which also deals 4 damage to it.
Folka shifts, and fails his saving throw, falling prone, and he cannot stand from prone until he saves.


Initiative
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 18-1
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-7) 37/48 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends), prone, cannot stand until save
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 33/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-5) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (O-5) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-6) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies Not Present

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (K/L-6/7) -249 HP (Bloodied), 4 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, -2 to attacks and defenses

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7218 edit
Sariel throws up a protective barrier when one of the attacks lands a hit on Bernkastel, shielding her with eladrin magic.

As for after that, the caster is at a loss. Burn it with zeal, unleash the phantasmal warriors or charge it with her sword?


Immediate Interrupt: Channeling Shield, reduce damage on Bernkastel by 7, to 7. Not taking turn yet, need to think.
>> No. 7225 edit
File 132419933332.png - (1.24MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopY.png )
7225
Folka's surprising attack has left the hydra dazed, and Sariel quickly channels a protective barrier to absorb a portion of the hydra's attack.

Folka's surprise strike dazes the hydra until the end of his next turn.
Sariel's channeling shield reduces the damage of the bite on Benrkastel by 7.


Initiative
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 18-1
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-7) 37/48 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends), prone, cannot stand until save
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 40/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-5) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (O-5) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-6) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies Not Present

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (K/L-6/7) -249 HP (Bloodied), 4 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, -2 to attacks and defenses

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7228 edit
Sariel whips up a burst of flames, engulfing the hydra and placing her bursting flame's protective ward on it, so that it may reward one of its attacks with a burst of fire.

After a quick bit of repositioning, the eladrin summons her phantasmal warriors as well, distracting the hydra in hopes of disallowing it to flail around so much at the party.


Standard: Shielding Fire.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3306933/
(16 damage, stops regen of one head!)

Move: Sariel shifts to N6, Roth to N7.

Action Point!
Standard: Winged Horde.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3306934/

>> No. 7243 edit
File 132435250226.png - (1.20MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopZ.png )
7243
Sariel blasts the hydra with a fiery censure of retribution, before adjusting her positioning and quickly conjuring a horde of illusionary warriors to take advantage of the hydra's weakness. With the shaman's spiritual assistance, the hydra is clearly affected by the mental onslaught, distracted and unable to effectively react, though it does still manage to bite at the eladrin twice. Sariel is too quick, however, and deftly dodges both attacks.

Sariel's swordmage shielding fire hits the hydra for 16 fire damage and marks it until the end of the encounter.
She then shifts and Roth shifts as well. Sariel spends an action point, gaining a +4 bonus to attacks and damage from tactical presence/assault! She hits with winged horde for 16 psychic damage. It also can't take opportunity actions until the end of Sariel's next turn.
The hydra's snapping jaws misses Sariel twice.


Initiative
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 18-1
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-7) 37/48 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends), prone, cannot stand until save
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 40/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-5) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (N-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-7) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies Not Present

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (K/L-6/7) -281 HP (Bloodied), 4 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, -2 to attacks and defenses, marked (Swordmage Shielding Fire)

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7244 edit
File 132435330770.png - (86.01KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana1.png )
7244
"Hey pal! Don't so fast!!"
Using his fighting training, Sureiya spot a good time to swing his blade against the hydra
Battle awareness immediate reaction: (26,11) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3307803/
>> No. 7246 edit
File 130456574185.png - (32.14KB , 200x200 , knightarou color.png )
7246
Eager to make up for a missed opportunity earlier, Rutger jumps at the hydra and knocks it to the ground, trying to bite through its hide to reach its jugular vein. Torinn meditates for a moment in prayer, murmuring, "Mighty platinum dragon, grant your unworthy servant thy blessing to vanquish evil." A sheen of black frost coats Torinn's weapon as he hefts it, the cold air around him taking on the visage of his deity. With the hydra pinned, Torinn swings, the ice shattering on impact and numbing his foe to its very core.

Battle Pounce, vs. AC, add 2 : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3307825/ (25, 8) knock prone on a hit
Action Point : Chilling Smite : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3307828/ (26, 17 cold damage) -5 damage on a hit (save ends)

>> No. 7247 edit
File 132435705322.png - (1.20MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopZA.png )
7247
When the hydra attacks Sariel, Sureiya lunges forward at the opportunity, slicing into the hydra's exposed necks and cuts off another one of the hydra's heads, which flops to the ground.

Rutger pounces, knocking the hydra over with a savage flurry of claws and fangs, before Torinn reaches into his inner reserves for an icy smite, which brands the hydra with a powerful sanction that weakens its attacks. The hydra is really reeling now.

Sureiya uses battle awareness, which allows him to hit with a mba for 11 damage.
Rutger uses battle pounce, which hits for 8 damage and knocks the hydra prone.
Torinn spends an action point! Tornn hits with chilling smite for 17 cold damage and imposing a -5 damage penalty (save ends).
The hydra's snapping jaws misses Torinn twice.


Initiative
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 18-1
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-7) 37/48 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends), prone, cannot stand until save
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 40/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-5) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (N-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-7) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies Not Present

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (K/L-6/7) -317 HP (Bloodied), 3 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, -2 to attacks and defenses, marked (Swordmage Shielding Fire), -5 to damage rolls (save ends), prone

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7248 edit
File 129695631675.png - (21.52KB , 200x200 , george_darkwormfeast.png )
7248
>>7247


Uncomfortably close to the enemy, Myn positions himself behind the wall of women and small animals, reapplying his curse as he unleashes a swarm of dark worms at the creature.

Minor action: Curse hydra.
Move action: Move to Q-5.
Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against hydra.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3307889/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3307890/

>> No. 7249 edit
File 132435957077.png - (1.20MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopZB.png )
7249
The warlock simply renews his curse on the flailing beast before causing worms to erupt from the headless stump of the hydra, causing notable agony in the creature and slowing its movements.

Myn curses the hydra and moves.
Myn's darkworm feast hits the hydra for 20 necrotic damage and the hdyra is slowed until the end of Myn's next turn.


Initiative
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 18-1
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Q-5) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Q-5) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-7) 37/48 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends), prone, cannot stand until save
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 40/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-5) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (N-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-7) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies Not Present

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (K/L-6/7) -337 HP (Bloodied), 3 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, -2 to attacks and defenses, marked (Swordmage Shielding Fire), -5 to damage rolls (save ends), prone, slowed

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7250 edit
File 131729193551.png - (251.20KB , 661x478 , 131649829551.png )
7250
Looking the hydra to start getting a bit pale, Sureiya continue with his speciality, slashing things!
"I'm sorry bro, last rest took us enough, so we don't got time to play! "
Twin strike (32 damage and 6 from critical) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3307971/ and critical dice http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3307981/
Minor action: Sohei flair against the Hydra! (17 total damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3307982/
Free action: Furious assault! (damage added in sohei flair roll)

>> No. 7252 edit
File 132442817262.png - (1.02MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopZC.png )
7252
With a sudden flurry of attacks, Sureiya lops off another head from the hydra, and then slices enough gashes in the hydra's body, each slash provoking a spray of blood from the hydra's flailing body. The best staggers, roars, and collapses in an unmoving heap.

Sureiya's twin strike hits once and crits once for 9 damage and 29 damage.
Sureiya's sohei flair hits for 17 damage with furious assault.


Initiative
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Poisonous Hydra: 19
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 18-1
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 10

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-7) 37/48 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends), prone, cannot stand until save
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 40/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-5) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (N-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-7) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies Not Present

Enemies
Poisonous Hydra (Enemy): (K/L-6/7) -392 HP (Bloodied), 3 heads, granting CA to Folka, dazed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, -2 to attacks and defenses, marked (Swordmage Shielding Fire), -5 to damage rolls (save ends), prone, slowed DEAD

Notes
Hydra knowledge is nature.
>> No. 7253 edit
Sariel frowns, her face riddled with a disappointed expression.

"You'd think hydras much fiercer," she says after a short pause, surveying the others with a quizzical expression. "Either that, or I travel in greater company than I'd thought."
>> No. 7254 edit
File 132443275617.jpg - (90.00KB , 243x302 , e35.jpg )
7254
>>7252
Watching the hydra fall, the shaman looks around before finally relaxing, exhausted from the burden of calling four air archons at once. Her spirit companion moves to lift the debilitating poison from Folka in her place.

Move action: Spirit companion next to Folka.
Minor action: Spirit's Sacrifice. Help Folka save (he already rolled, but this prevents 5 more damage)

>> No. 7257 edit
File 129920716263.png - (21.13KB , 200x200 , Harry Potter studying for his OWLs.png )
7257
Torinn shrugs it off, trying to get back to reading, "Maybe those lawn ornaments didn't feed it well enough."

Moments later, after encountering said creature in his book, he murmurs to himself, "Ohh, so that's what it was. Certainly not a snake."

Take short rest
>> No. 7258 edit
>>7257
"A... snake? ... You thought it was a snake?"

For a moment, Sariel stares at Torinn in quiet amazement. Then, she roars with laughter, pointing a trembling finger at the dragonborn.

"A sna-ha-ha-hake? It had four heads! Four!"
>> No. 7259 edit
File 130133266864.jpg - (137.86KB , 530x726 , impassive.jpg )
7259
>>7258
Torinn glances up from his book, "What about snakes having several heads? A scholar like yourself should know that such things existed in mythology. I read one was once revered as a sort of deity." He flips a page, "Then again, it's just something I read in a storybook, so the veracity of its claims should be taken with a grain of salt."
>> No. 7260 edit
Recovering from her laughter, Sariel retorts, "And were it one such a snake, a scholar like myself would have been able to tell immediately. Not mistake some hydra for a snake. Your ignorance remains impressive."

With that, she turns her back to the dragonborn, to signify that she is done talking. Instead, the eladrin saunters over to the martial artist.

"You were hit rather hard," she observes. "Are you all right now?"
>> No. 7263 edit
File 131344653439.png - (23.17KB , 187x220 , sakutaro_glare.png )
7263
>>7260
Torinn mutters, "Like I haven't heard that one before all my life," before tuning out everything else.
>> No. 7264 edit
File 132443542138.png - (50.17KB , 291x478 , kan_defa22.png )
7264
"Oh dang, had I been a second later with that last attack and I am sure it would have attack us again ... Anyways to where did that dwarf run?"
Short rest
>> No. 7266 edit
File 131415489278.jpg - (34.10KB , 140x140 , mb11.jpg )
7266
>>7263
The shaman stares for a while, and finally decides to ask something she'd been curious about. "Could the tiger always fly?"
>> No. 7267 edit
>>7254
"Thanks, though I don't think I've ever gotten your name..." Folka says as he nods in appreciation towards the shaman, now able to seemingly shake off the poison from his limbs.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3308773/
>>7257
Trying to contain his laughter at the whole situation, Folka replies quite heartily,"Quite the group we have here!"
>>7260
"Thanks for your concern, Miss, but it seems I'm quite alright now, thanks to the help of this one here-"He makes a gesture towards the shaman he either doesn't know the name of or can't recall if it was given to him.

"We got really lucky fighting that thing. Had it not missed us so much, a lot of us would be dead or close to it right now I think."

The encounter proving to be more taxing than he realizes, Folka kneels back down to rest a little, saying,"Sorry, it looks like I spoke too soon. Guess I'll just rest a little bit longer."


short rest, spend one surge after Bern places down the standard

>> No. 7268 edit
File 132447505226.png - (56.05KB , 160x223 , b1 (2).png )
7268
>>7267
"... Oh, I'm sorry. Please call me Bernkastel." The shaman briefly questions whether she really forgot to introduce herself, and plants the battle standard of healing for the break.

Battle standard etc.
>> No. 7269 edit
>>7266
"Fly? It's just good at leaping," Torinn remarks.
>> No. 7273 edit
File 132452945388.png - (1.28MB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopZD.png )
7273
Final Stats
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-8) 43/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (N-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (J-7) 37/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (M-7) 40/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 26/58 HP (Bloodied) + 19 tHP
Rutger (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-5) 45/55 HP + 4 tHP, +2 to all defenses
Sariel (Liliane): (N-6) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (N-7) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-3, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (I-3, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies Not Present

Healing Surges Spent
Torinn: 2
Sureiya: 1
Folka: 1

XP Earned
437 per character
>> No. 7277 edit
"Now, then," Sariel drawls, pacing around calmly, "it stands to reason now to assume that the duergar, in there dealings with the Underdark and its rotten drow denizens, have learned how to tame a hydra. Enough, in any case, to set it on us as a means of delaying us.

"Commonly, we assume duergar are only interested in expanding their trade, that being of slaves and the sort, but given the evidence I am wont to think they want us dead rather than enslaved.

"Thus." Sariel jabs her finger to a deeper end of the cave. "I propose that we proceed after a short rest, whereupon we bring to those creatures what they would have liked to bring to us.

"Any objections?"
>> No. 7278 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
7278
Listening at Sariel plan, the rangers replies.

"Sounds good. And if those tiny guys are trying so hard to bring us down they are surely hidding something around!
Anyways, let's start with this room ..."
Perception check on the area, check the area where the hydra appeared and some more, without leaving the party more than 15 squares ago.
>> No. 7279 edit
At Sariel's gesture, Roth chases after Sureiya, tail aglow with light.

Light on Roth, and Roth stays within 1 square of Sureiya.
>> No. 7281 edit
File 132462088776.png - (535.90KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopZE.png )
7281
A sweep of the cavern reveals the path revealed to the north earlier, blocked by a fallen pillar. Though the collapsed section before you looks large and heavy (about 8-10 feet tall and very thick), it could probably be moved aside with some effort from the party's stronger party members.

There doesn't appear to be anything else hidden in the room, apparently this cavern section was deserted because of the hydra. There are scant traces of the remains of various creatures, humanoid and not-humanoid, embedded into the floor here and there, but not enough to identify anything with certainty.
>> No. 7284 edit
Sariel approaches Sureiya, having seen Roth motion something that looks like "there's no danger" or "I'm hungry, feed me" - either way, it looks safe.

"Looks like we need someone to lift the rubble away," the eladrin mentions. "Would that my magic was more than just aimed at destroying the mind."
>> No. 7287 edit
Still bleeding from not healing himself, Torinn orders Rutger toward the rubble in question. "I guess that's my cue," he says, Rutger channeling his strength to push the stones aside.

Athletics check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3311714/ (32)
>> No. 7294 edit
"I don't seem to recall my magic doing much in the way of breaking stone either."

Myn exchanges a brief glance with his familiar, tossing the imp at the pillar and directing it to (feebly) push as well.
>> No. 7304 edit
File 13247262874.png - (752.85KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopZF.png )
7304
The imp familiar manages to right itself after being tossed in the direction of the pillar, chattering and putting on an annoyed expression as it does so. It then looks at the pillar for a moment, then back at Myn, then at the pillar once more, before finally turning back to Myn with an expression that clearly says, "Are you kidding me?"

Meanwhile, Torinn manages to clear the broken pillar out of the way with a bit of effort.
>> No. 7311 edit
"The way forward's open," Torinn remarks, stating the obvious. Realizing that he's been bleeding the entire time, he returns the the aura of the battle standard and recovers his wounds.

move back to battle standard aura
spend healing surge

>> No. 7312 edit
"Before some of you rush headlong into whatever might be ahead, you should probably tend to your wounds first."


spend one healing surge

>> No. 7313 edit
Sariel and Roth take point, calmly stepping into the passage that had been revealed to search a little further, careful not to walk too far ahead of the rest.
>> No. 7314 edit
The orc walk near to the party and let the Shaman make her work.
>> No. 7315 edit
File 132504057149.jpg - (168.22KB , 500x500 , 1249095540533.jpg )
7315
>>7269
Choosing to overlook the mystery of the floating tiger in front of her eyes, the shaman instead chooses to listen to the elemental spirit and search the pond. She dunks her head underwater, looking for anything suspicious.

Assuming there's nothing, she uses prestidigitation to dry herself and moves on with the others.
>> No. 7316 edit
File 132508372673.png - (349.26KB , 1069x675 , siegeworkshopZF.png )
7316
After the group finishes their rest, the shaman packs up her battle standard and the adventurers advance. "Bernkastel"'s search of the pool doesn't reveal anything out of the ordinary, as it appears the hydra was the only thing lurking there (being a solitary predator).

When the path ahead is illuminated, the adventurers find that it only advances forward a bit before giving way to a path that leads downward. Oddly enough, there seem to be crudely carved stairs on the path downward. The floor here is drier than the previous locales, suggesting that you have moved away from the underground water sources of the cavern.
>> No. 7321 edit
After a very rewarding rest, the ranger moves ahead and take a look around
"I think we should continue, that bastard is probably hiding ahead."
>> No. 7324 edit
Torinn orders Rutger forward.

Take up position at the front again
>> No. 7325 edit
File 132536259653.png - (640.20KB , 1069x675 , greathall1.png )
7325
The party proceeds down the steps as steadily as they can, though Rutger has to squeeze most of the way, with the paladin dismounted. Thus, it takes some time to reach the base of the steps, at least 15 or 20 minutes of straight walking down.

Once the steps end, however, the path before you opens into a large, decorated hall. The stone here is finely smoothed and worked, with engravings in the walls ahead (though not in your immediate area). There are great stone columns that reach as high as you can see from your vantage point--which is high indeed, as you cannot see the ceiling from here. This was clearly once a great dwarven hall, perhaps one of the central locations in the underground fortress.

However, it has fallen into obvious disuse. Moss covers much of the walls and floor, and even some of the columns are covered in thick moss. Some of the stone has chipped away here and there, probably from the passage of time itself or base creatures roaming about. There is even a scattering of mushrooms growing on the moss-covered ground a bit ahead.

But what would catch your attention here first would probably be the scattered bodies of duergar filling the hall. They appear very similar to the one Sureiya caught a glimpse of earlier, and at a glance appear very dead or at least unconscious. It's not known how they died, though they obviously haven't been dead for very long, and there appear to be crossbow bolts sticking from the bodies of several of them. There also appears to be a pile of ash in the middle of the room, and the burnt remains of something, still smoldering slightly.
>> No. 7326 edit
File 130526666323.jpg - (51.18KB , 222x200 , dooooom.jpg )
7326
Surveying the carnage before them, Torinn scowls. Rutger sniffs and paws at the nearest corpse, which earns him a stern glare from the paladin.

"If you didn't already notice, there's something out there," he whispers to the group, "And it's armed. We should proceed carefully. Try to find some sort of cover."
>> No. 7327 edit
"Well... I think we found those.. what were they called again.. Dueregar? That we ran into earlier. Question is.. who killed them and what happened here?" Folka remarks while carefully walking towards the entrance to take a quick look around.


Move to the square to the right/east of Roth(so right next to him)
Perception check:

I was going to make a perception check, but invisible castle is down? Hopefully it comes back soon.
>> No. 7330 edit
Sariel frowns. "Well, if you can spare a few minutes, I could use magic to pinpoint the culprit."
>> No. 7332 edit
"Oh my. There gotta be something ahead of us."
Move a bit ahead and perception. Can
t roll right now invisible castle ded. Also happy new year rin.

>> No. 7335 edit
File 132546274352.png - (493.27KB , 1069x675 , greathall2.png )
7335
As members of the group advance slightly, they reveal a bit more of the room, which is eerily quiet. From Sureiya's vantage point he estimates that the ceiling is more than 200 feet off the ground, and the solid pillars of what appear to be sandstone ascend the entire distance. This hall is quite large, at least compare to the other rooms in the ruins you've explored previously. Aside from the room continuing to the east, there is also an apparent smaller passage branching to the north.

Sureiya notices some engravings on the wall--apparently the dwarves here battled the local wildlife (mostly elephants and mandrills), goblin invasions, and what can only be described as demons or other underground horrors. Many deaths at the hands of these enemies are engraved into the walls, alongside pictures of cheese and artifacts.
>> No. 7339 edit
Sariel shrugs, then ventures, "At the very least, we should destroy these corpses. I find I have a distaste for necromancy, these days."

So saying, she takes up her blade, and beheads the nearest corpse, then removes its arms and legs, before moving on to the rest of them.
>> No. 7341 edit
Myn watches the pointy-eared violence in veiled horror. A waste of perfectly good corpses...

"We would do well to investigate that pile of ashes. It seems strange that one alone would be burnt rather than shot by crossbow."
>> No. 7343 edit
"..."
Not pleased with the lack of respect to the corpses, Sureiya try to ignore the Eladrin while she do that.
"Why would a necromancer be around at a time like this? ... well things don't make too much sense lately. "

>> No. 7345 edit
File 131005594943.png - (330.60KB , 550x600 , 1265c959d702c7d34a82cd7741ca3a5f.png )
7345
>>7339
".. Really?"

The shaman initially looks on with some confusion about necromancers being unable to reanimate mutilated bodies, but she soon notices the elemental spirit overseeing the ghastly deed with apparent satisfaction, and chooses to say no more.

Elemental spirit summoned sometime between or during the first and second short rests; post 7315.
>> No. 7347 edit
Give a quick inspection to be near soon to be dismembered corpses. Check where the mortal wounds are.
>> No. 7352 edit
File 129893909984.png - (17.27KB , 130x135 , Psycho Stare.png )
7352
Torinn clears his throat loudly with an unpleasant look on his face, glaring at Sariel, "Stop that at once. That is not how you keep a corpse from being revived by a necromancer. All you're doing is defiling the dead." Torinn shakes his head in frustration, and gives the elemental a stern look, "If you really, truly, earnestly wish to protect them from being raised as something unholy and profane, then I believe there is a special compound that you sprinkle over a corpse that protects the body from unholy resurrection. Or," he throws up his hands, "I'm absolutely certain there's an inexpensive, low level ritual out there that can be used to prevent a corpse from being raised as some kind of ghoul. One you might even know already. But even a dunce like me knows that mutilating them isn't part of the process!" He looks very disappointed in Sariel. "If my ignorance impresses you, then yours shames me, scholar," he snorts.

Torinn turns away from Sariel and takes a deep breath. Even with the stench of fresh corpses in the air, it makes him feel better. He kneels and begins to pray for the duergar, and beseeches Bahamut to protect their lingering mortal flesh from further unjust defilement. And then he has Rutger begin to dig a shallow grave for the nearest duergar.
>> No. 7362 edit
>>7352
"First off... I don't think you'll be able to have your pet dig through solid stone, and second, these gods forsaken creatures are already defiled by their dealings with the underdark, so I have no care for how their corpses are dealt with so long as they aren't raised up against us. Anyway, it'd be best if someone who is good at determining a cause of death in our party, maybe Bernkastel here, to maybe give us an idea of what happened." Folka remarks as he waltzes into the room, with it clearly being safe.
>> No. 7366 edit
"Indeed?" Sariel turns, coolly regarding the dragonborn. "How do the dragon heads you're collecting feel about that? Or is the problem that I'm not collecting their heads?"

She gestures, unslinging her backpack and opening it with a magic hand, before fetching the skulls of the duergar corpses she's beheaded and putting them in the bag.

"Alright, now we're the same. You hate dragons and like desecrating their corpses and dragging their remains around as trophies, I hate duergar and like desecrating their corpses and dragging their remains around as trophies."
>> No. 7371 edit
File 130133266864.jpg - (137.86KB , 530x726 , impassive.jpg )
7371
>>7366
Without addressing the hypocrisy, Torinn nonchalantly replies, "I see. That would explain why you did not consider the obvious, less grisly alternatives. I shall respect your customs, then, and ask that you do the same towards mine." As Rutger can't dig through the stone, Torinn waves him over as they move towards the center of the room.
>> No. 7372 edit
"Excellent, then." Sariel uses a minor cantrip to set fire to the backpack, given its macabre contents.

She then eyes the rest of the party for any more complaints and, if none arise, continues chopping up corpses, while Roth scatters their remains around.

Anyone out to resurrect these corpses had best be prepared to play assemble the corpse.

>> No. 7373 edit
File 130420653277.png - (54.37KB , 517x300 , peek.png )
7373
Before Sariel can carve up every corpse, the shaman tries to examine them quickly, and eventually moves on to the smoldering pile of something.

Examine corpses, heal check. Typical things, and checking whether the crossbow wounds were posthumous or not. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3315024/

I'll inspect the burnt thing too etc.

>> No. 7376 edit
File 132554927578.png - (953.78KB , 1069x675 , greathall3.png )
7376
Moving out further into the room confirms that the room is quite large--you still can't see the entirety of it even after moving out into the center. However, Bernkastel's sunrod reveals that the northern path ends in a stone door. Sariel manages to hack away the limbs and heads of the dead duergar without incident.

The majority of the adventurers' searches doesn't reveal much of interest--Bernkastel is pretty sure that several weapon-caused wounds were the direct cause of death of the duergar prior to dismemberment, and the ashes are somewhat nondescript. There's really no telling what they were prior to incineration. On the other hand, Bernkastel does notice traces of poison in several of the wounds caused by crossbow bolts.

The duergar seem to be equipped mostly in mundane chainmail and hide armor, with sturdy steel axes, whips, and a flail. A particular thing that the shaman notices from a corpse that she manages to get to before Sariel beheads it is that the "spines" that form the duergar's beard seem to emanate an unnatural amount of heat. This is somewhat odd for a duergar, as the spines were typically said to be poisonous, yet there's no evidence of any poison on or in the quills of the bodies here. Instead, they are very hot, and the shaman is quite certain that she'd burn herself if she touched them.
>> No. 7379 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
7379
"There's something weird in this place ...
You, Bernkastel. Did you find something fishy about those corpses?"
>> No. 7380 edit
File 132297885313.png - (17.23KB , 128x207 , eri3.png )
7380
>>7379
"The way they died isn't particularly suspicious. It looks like they were killed by weapon-wielding enemies, and the bolts seem to be poisoned.

"Aside from that... it's a bit strange that their quills don't seem to be venomous, but instead radiate intense heat. Is this common in duergar?"

With that, the shaman pokes around at the ashes with her spear, looking for any clues as to what they may have been.
>> No. 7384 edit
Sariel ponders.

Knowledge Checks: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3316137/
>> No. 7386 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
7386
From what Sariel knows, this is highly unusual. Though they appear as duergar, the heat they emanate would suggest azers.

What if these dwarves had entered a pact not with devils, but with demons? It could suggest their similarity towards duergar but more elemental nature... though Sariel has never heard of such a thing happening before, it's hardly impossible. And with the stories of Koganusân, a demon incursion isn't all that unlikely, and is consistent with the images engraved into the walls in this hall.
>> No. 7387 edit
Sariel reaches a decision.

"I've been thinking these were duergar dwarves, victims of the Underdark,
but now I see 'em here and all, laying dead in their great hall.
Looks like these guys here dealt with demons, not with devils I remark,
they are likely simple dwarvenkin, all murdered by some foes.
It's time for us to look ahead and find out for ourselves,
unlikely they are friendly elves, so stay right on your toes."

The eladrin stares at the others coolly.
>> No. 7388 edit
>>7387
Then, with a cough, Sariel adds, "The burning trait of their plumes might suggest azers."

What do I know of azers:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3316158/

>> No. 7390 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
7390
Sariel knows that azers were dwarves that, in ancient times, served as slaves to the giants. The dwarves of today descend from those that managed to break free of their oppression at the hands of the giants, but azers are those that did not break free and were corrupted and transformed into fiery beings by their overlords. While many azers remain bound to titans or giants, some have broken free and pursue their own ends, for good or ill.
>> No. 7391 edit
"It seems that Myth Drannor has an interesting culture," Torinn remarks, once again making the wrong association. Also, dwarves certainly got enslaved by quite a few terrible beings in the past. If the dragonborn hadn't liberated themselves when they did, would the same fate have awaited them?

"So, who's the culprit that first killed this group?"
>> No. 7392 edit
A bit confused from the discussion, the half orc decide to give the place a check.
"There are surely more agressive creatures around. If that guy tried to stop us it's probably because they have been attacked recently, Could be these the corpses of the ones who tried to defend this place?"
Perception check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3316360/
>> No. 7394 edit
File 132571313767.png - (0.98MB , 1069x675 , greathall4.png )
7394
Sureiya undertakes a thorough investigation of the room, but doesn't find anything suspicious until he arrives at the stone door to the north. It's very fainy, but Sureiya believes he can hear the sound of voices on the other side--but the door is thick and made of solid carved stone, so it's impossible to make out what they are saying or anything else.

Despite the group's best efforts, it would be impossible to pinpoint any specific culprits to this crime, as many of the humanoid races of the Underdark war against each other using all variety of weapons. While the drow are most prolific in their use of hand crossbows, you can't rule out that troglodyes or other underground races may have gotten their hands on such weapons.
>> No. 7397 edit
Sariel shrugs and approaches the half-orc.

"Azers serve giants. Generally speaking. They may have escaped a giant's service and were killed for that act alone, or they were still in its service." A pause.

"In which case, I hope you lot are prepared to blunt your weapons on giant skin. Sureiya, did you discover anything of interest?"
>> No. 7399 edit
File 130026940684.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua3.png )
7399
Sureiya return to the center of the room, while making a sign to Sariel to move as well. Then he answers her, while keeping his voice low.
"Indeed, I can hear some voices from the other side of that door. Aside from that I can't see anything else in this room, so what to do now? Should we force a frontal attack?"
>> No. 7403 edit
File 131344653439.png - (23.17KB , 187x220 , sakutaro_glare.png )
7403
>>7399
"If they don't know we're coming, catching them off guard would be a huge asset. But what are the odds of that happening?"
>> No. 7404 edit
>>7399
>>7403
"If we get so lucky. And if we don't run into something we were better off not attacking on the other side." Folka murmurs as he leans nonchalantly against a pillar.
>> No. 7405 edit
The eladrin turns to Sureiya.

"Can you try and see if there's another passageway out of here?"
>> No. 7406 edit
File 129797399880.png - (85.34KB , 291x478 , kan_majimea37.png )
7406
>>7405
"Another way? ... I don't think so. I gave this place a good look and I could not find anything suspicious."
>> No. 7407 edit
>>7406
"Did you try looking east?"
>> No. 7408 edit
With a sigh, Sariel continues, "Well, then, if we want to get a surprise drop on whatever's out there, someone should invent some way. Sneaking about is not my expertise. However," she adds, "they may not be hostile. Remember that."
>> No. 7409 edit
File 131104581937.png - (117.74KB , 289x462 , bern76b.png )
7409
>>7408
"If we want to talk to the people beyond the door, I think we can start by hiding these bodies ... somehow," suggests the shaman, while moving a bit further east.
>> No. 7410 edit
"That doesn't make any sense, it's not as though we're responsible."
>> No. 7411 edit
File 129457034059.png - (8.75KB , 107x107 , hi nerd.png )
7411
>>7410
"We're not, but as it stands, it'll be really difficult to convince them."
>> No. 7413 edit
"Might want to start collecting the rest of their bodies in that sack as well," Torinn remarks without any trace of sarcasm, malice or irony in his voice.
>> No. 7414 edit
>>7411
"Oh, nonsense. We won't know until we try." Sariel marches up to the door, Roth flanking her. She places her hand against the door, intent to push it open... but, before that, casts a look back at everyone else.

Best get ready.
>> No. 7415 edit
File 132581657526.png - (789.96KB , 1069x675 , greathall5.png )
7415
The party begins to move into position around the door, except for Bernkastel, who moves a bit further east, revealing more of the great hall. Apparently it continues quite a distance to the east.
>> No. 7416 edit
File 132581685436.png - (10.94KB , 130x331 , Umineko_Kanon_Blazblue_by_FangBladeJoker.png )
7416
>>7407
"Actually I didn't. Leave me give that a try."
Move until the dark area, while asking bernkastel to move along him, also give it a check.
Perception check: (lol 15) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3318556/

>> No. 7417 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
7417
Sureiya doesn't hear or see anything unusual to the east.
>> No. 7418 edit
>>7415
Folka just waves his hand off as if to say,'Yeah yeah, I hear ya.' before taking position behind Sariel.


Move to M-8.

>> No. 7420 edit
Sariel looks back to Bern, as if hoping the psion'll come along, too.
>> No. 7421 edit
File 129475012166.jpg - (62.52KB , 310x438 , 11567225.jpg )
7421
>>7420
How silly, there's no psion here. Though, I suppose it would be nice to read minds.

With a last glance at the rest of the hall, the shaman rejoins the group.

>> No. 7422 edit
Sariel opens the door with great purpose!
>> No. 7423 edit
"Oh well."
Short before the door gets opened, Sureiya rejoins the group as well.
>> No. 7424 edit
Audio 15_-_Battle_in_the_Dungeon.mp3 - (2.25MB , 15 - Battle in the Dungeon.mp3 )
7424
>> No. 7425 edit
File 132582765948.png - (505.73KB , 1069x675 , greathall7.png )
7425
When Sariel opens the door, the adventurers find themselves facing a sliver of a smaller, open room. It appears to have been a dining area, though at one point very well-decorated and high class. It has since fallen into a bit of decay, however, with the passage of time, and the few bits of elaborate tableware you see have rusted or been chipped down a bit. There is a large basket of mushrooms sitting in one of the tables, but the mushrooms appear quite fresh. Mud and debris covers the floor, making some spots a bit difficult to traverse. From your vantage point, you can see one creature occupying the room--a gray-skinned, white-haired, female humanoid, scantily-clad in tight brown leathers and carrying a hand crossbow in one hand. She is slender and clearly elven in build and appearance, with black eyes and a scar on her cheek. She appears to have been rummaging through the mushrooms a moment ago, but takes a step back and points her weapon in your direction upon your entrance.

She shouts, in Elven, "Damnation, more of them! Hold them off, and alert Pellanistra! NOW!"

Folka is the first to react.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 27
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Sariel (Liliane): 17
Drow Stinger (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 9
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 8

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Q-9) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Q-9) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-8) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Q-8) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (O/P-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (L-8) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (L-9) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (N-9)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-8) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Drow Stinger (Enemy): (B-8)
???

Notes
Drow knowledge is dungeoneering.
The tables are 6 feet high and would require an Athletics check to climb over.
The stone chairs are large and sturdy. You can move from one square adjacent to a chair to any other square adjacent to a chair with a move action, but they are otherwise impassable.
The fire in the middle of the room is hot but provides illumination. If you enter a square filled with fire or end your turn therein you will take 5 fire damage.
>> No. 7426 edit
>>7425
Folka breaks out into a grin at his new found opponent(s?) before laughing heartily and replying back in elven,"Drow eh? What a great target for my fists!" before gesturing, then waiting for some of the other members of the party to get a better view of the room before he possibly leaps in headlong into doom.


Delay until after Sariel

>> No. 7428 edit
File 130568883698.png - (85.87KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana1.png )
7428
"Seriously, this is not what it looks like"
Then, the orc shouts

"This will be as you guys want! However don't expect mercy when you and yours friends get trashed!"
Dungeonering check:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3318776/

>> No. 7429 edit
File 13258305248.png - (515.61KB , 1069x675 , greathall8.png )
7429
When Folka hesitates, you hear the sound of a creature to the east moving to the side and banging loudly on a door or other solid surface and shouting, (Elven) "Priestess, they've come!"

You also hear the footsteps of another creature moving about in the west, though you haven't seen any other foes yet. Myn is next to act.

Sureiya (Dungeoneering): Drow are the most prolific humanoid dwellers of the Underdark. Most drow are evil worshipers of the vile goddess Lloth, the Spider Queen. They are a harsh and brutal people in general, and have managed to obtain a dominant position in the Underdark by eliminating or subjugating anything that stood against them.
As for physical qualities, drow tend to be lithe and dextrous, with powerful personalities and strong instincts. They frequently employ poison extracted from the spiders they often keep as company in addition to long knives and hand crossbows. Powerful divine servants of Lloth employ magic that can overpower an opponent's mind with vile curses, or employ blasts of poison or darkness. Most drow have the ability to conceal their presence by temporarily creating a field of darkness around themselves, or channel the darkness into a fiery bolt that reveals a foe's weak points. Drow are fey in origin, and possess darkvision.


Initiative
??? 1 (Enemy): 24
??? 2 (Enemy): 24
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Sariel (Liliane): 17
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 17-1
Drow Stinger (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 9
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 8

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Q-9) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Q-9) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-8) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Q-8) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (O/P-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (L-8) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (L-9) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (N-9)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-7) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Drow Stinger (Enemy): (B-8)
??? 1 (Enemy): (F-22)
??? 2 (Enemy): (F-5)

Notes
Drow knowledge is dungeoneering.
The tables are 6 feet high and would require an Athletics check to climb over.
The stone chairs are large and sturdy. You can move from one square adjacent to a chair to any other square adjacent to a chair with a move action, but they are otherwise impassable.
The fire in the middle of the room is hot but provides illumination. If you enter a square filled with fire or end your turn therein you will take 5 fire damage.
>> No. 7430 edit
Less than pleased with the Underdark in general after his patron's recent visit, Myn attacks without reservation, cursing and solidly blasting the first enemy he sees.

Move action: Move to K-8.
Minor action: Curse Drow Stinger.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Drow Stinger.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3318804/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3318806/

>> No. 7433 edit
File 132589868093.png - (649.88KB , 1069x675 , greathall8.png )
7433
The warlock doesn't waste any time in moving into the room, cursing the nearest drow and sharing a moment of pure mental agony with it. The crossbow-wielding drow reels in pain, clutching her head, givine Myn a moment to take in the rest of the room.

There are a few other tables here, and a door leading to the east. Myn can spot one other drow here--this one wearing scale armor and wielding a heavy shield. Suddenly, the door bursts open and another such drow enters the room, this one with black markings on his face. Both of these drow look equipped for melee combat, and start to work their way to the center of the room.

"Foul minions of Sankis!" this one calls out, clearly addressing you in common. "You'll have to slay us all before you can lay a hand on the priestess!"

Myn's shared agony hits the drow stinger for 32 psychic damage.
Drow low guard 3 opens the door then moves into the room.


Initiative
Drow Low Guard 1 (Enemy): 24
Drow Low Guard 2 (Enemy): 24
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Drow Low Guard 3 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Sariel (Liliane): 17
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 17-1
Drow Stinger (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 9
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 8

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-8) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (K-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-8) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Q-8) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (O/P-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (L-8) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (L-9) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (N-9)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-7) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Drow Stinger 1 (Enemy): (B-8) -32 HP, Cursed (Myn)
Drow Stinger 2 (Enemy): (A-17)
Drow Low Guard 1 (Enemy): (F-22)
Drow Low Guard 3 (Enemy): (E-18)
??? 2 (Enemy): (F-5)

Notes
Drow knowledge is dungeoneering.
The tables are 6 feet high and would require an Athletics check to climb over.
The stone chairs are large and sturdy. You can move from one square adjacent to a chair to any other square adjacent to a chair with a move action, but they are otherwise impassable.
The fire in the middle of the room is hot but provides illumination. If you enter a square filled with fire or end your turn therein you will take 5 fire damage.
>> No. 7434 edit
Waaaait wait, hold up.

Sariel holds up a hand.
"Stop there. Who's Sankis? You've got the wrong people."

Briefly, the eladrin glances at the paladin. Would probably whine if they'd kill these Drow, for all that they rightfully deserved to be stabbed three times over and then gutted and skinned alive and revived to do it again.
>> No. 7437 edit
File 130145723297.jpg - (62.12KB , 240x173 , concern.jpg )
7437
>>7433
Torinn looks ready for battle, right up until the drow speaks in common.

"Sankis? Priestess?"
He doesn't drop his guard, but he expresses some doubt. "I don't know what you're talking about. We're passing through for something else."
>> No. 7438 edit
File 132590005531.png - (43.73KB , 128x128 , Drow1.png )
7438
"As if your lies could deceive us!" replies the drow, holding his sword in a threatening manner. "There are none here but Sankis and his horrid servants!"
>> No. 7439 edit
>>7438
Folka, looking a bit confused, lowers his stance to seem less threatening before saying,"Uhh, I think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding here.. And maybe one of my... companions.. here, and myself, might have jumped the gun a bit early."
>> No. 7440 edit
Sariel turns to the others.

"While I would not be opposed to a straight-forward way of dealing with problems, I recognise that I am not the leader of this group. I've no right to drag you into things of my own devising.

"Fight or parley?"

Free Action: Talk
Free Action: Knowledge Check: Sankis, history, arcana and nature.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3319658/

>> No. 7441 edit
File 129625045160.png - (26.45KB , 147x185 , diplomaticimmunity.png )
7441
>>7438
Torinn sheathes his sword and motions for Rutger to stand down. The tiger growls in annoyance, but goes from a pouncing stance to a more relaxed pose. "Then this 'Sankis' sounds like a mutual enemy." [i]He shoots a glare at the warlock,"And I believe all of us are victims of a misunderstanding, right, Myn?"

"Anyway, we're not after your priestess. We didn't come here for that. We came to stop a crisis from occurring, and 'killing a priestess' was not mentioned as part of the mission, so I have no interest in doing so."

Diplomacy roll to convince them we're not the enemies they're looking for: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3319659/ (24)
>> No. 7442 edit
File 132590218696.png - (651.78KB , 1069x675 , greathall9.png )
7442
Sariel: Sariel doesn't know about anyone named Sankis. The name sounds kind of dwarven, though.

As Torinn speaks, the drow hesitate a moment, and a tall, slender drow female in yellow spider-silk robes and wielding a caster's staff carved into the shape of a serpent emerges from the eastern room. Her hair is long, white, and tied into two long strands that run down her back, nearly to her waist.

She takes one look at the group, and sneers, "You fools. Cease your attacks, these are not minions of Sankis. However--" She points her staff at the gathered adventurers threateningly, "I suggest you explain what you ARE doing here. This is a rather out-of-the-way locale, and I've no interest in entertaining more competition."

Initiative
Drow Low Guard 1 (Enemy): 24
Drow Low Guard 2 (Enemy): 24
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Drow Low Guard 3 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Drow Priesttess (Enemy): 17
Sariel (Liliane): 17
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 17-1
Drow Stinger (Enemy): 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 9
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 8

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-8) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (K-8) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-8) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Q-8) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (J/K-4/5) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (O/P-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (L-8) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (L-9) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (N-9)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-7) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Drow Stinger 1 (Enemy): (B-8) -32 HP, Cursed (Myn)
Drow Stinger 2 (Enemy): (A-17)
Drow Low Guard 1 (Enemy): (F-22)
??? 2 (Enemy): (F-5)
Drow Low Guard 3 (Enemy): (E-18)
Drow Priestess (Enemy): (E-22)

Notes
Drow knowledge is dungeoneering.
The tables are 6 feet high and would require an Athletics check to climb over.
The stone chairs are large and sturdy. You can move from one square adjacent to a chair to any other square adjacent to a chair with a move action, but they are otherwise impassable.
The fire in the middle of the room is hot but provides illumination. If you enter a square filled with fire or end your turn therein you will take 5 fire damage.
>> No. 7443 edit
Sariel calmly orders Roth to stand down, who lowers the tentacles he had raised threateningly. She faces the Drow who addressed them, biting back a remark on how they should explain first.

'However, I admit to being at a disadvantage here...'

"Don't look at me," she says, "I merely accompany this group as an arcane advisor. We're here on business related to the Fell King. Does that assuage any fear of intruding on your business?"

Standard: Diplomacy fail.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3319666/

>> No. 7444 edit
File 132590336329.png - (39.78KB , 128x128 , Drow3.png )
7444
>>7443
The drow priestess relaxes about half a hair, clearly still threatening, but less so upon seeing that the humanoids are willing to talk. "I've heard nothing of a 'Fell King.' Sankis the Burning and his twisted servants control these halls."
>> No. 7445 edit
>>7444
"Well, I don't know much myself, other than dealing with some leyline here. Some of the others here might be able to explain it better. I think we did run into a trap set by this Sankis and his servants earlier, but then we found the bodies in the room behind us, which lead us here pretty much."
>> No. 7446 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
7446
Still a bit agitated, the ranger gets surprised by the drow reaction. Lowering his blades a bit, he replies.
"... We are on a mission from Baldur Gate. The details are not necesarily, but we mean no harm to you or your people. We are aware than there's a leyline around and we are looking the the point with the strongest leyline influence.
... Are you fighting the Duergar? I think one tried to trap us a while ago."
Diplomacy fail (14) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3319718/
>> No. 7447 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
7447
"You've seen our handiwork, then," the priestess replies. The rest of the drow begin to look a bit anxious, and she notices it as well with a sneer. "All right, then. Perhaps we can work something out, if you consider yourself enemies of Sankis's ilk... though they look like duergar, they're a lot meaner." She motions for you to come in, as the other drow relax their fighting stances a bit.
>> No. 7448 edit
File 130026940684.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua3.png )
7448
As a sign of truce, Sureiya put his blades inside of the bag, trying to lower the pressure. Then he makes a gesture to the rest of the party, asking them to enter the room.
>> No. 7450 edit
Sariel holds to her blade, looking at the drow dubiously. Aren't they meant to be unreasonable creatures filled with manic ideas of murder in their fanatism for Lolth?

Insight check to determine motives, do they want to capture us as slaves: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3320122/
>> No. 7454 edit
File 129607467480.png - (28.59KB , 110x199 , georgeclosedsmile.png )
7454
Not entirely thrilled with the murderless outcome, Myn nonetheless relaxes. He enters the room and walks up to the injured drow, dispelling his curse on it.

(Elven) "My apologies. It is usually unnecessary to confirm the situation before attacking in this sort of place."
>> No. 7457 edit
File 13259726261.png - (938.50KB , 1069x675 , greathall10.png )
7457
Sariel: As far as you can tell, the drow are fairly rattled and not eager to fight against unknown foes.

The drow take a moment to recover from the initial onslaught as the adventurers and the drow gather together in the former dwarven dining hall. Once the two groups have assembled around the crackling fire, the priestess begins to speak again, "I am Pellanistra, high priestess of the house of Lemutharth. Now, tell me why you are here." The priestess uses a commanding tone, as if she is unwilling to back down even an inch from her own terms. "I do not have an understanding of these 'leylines' you speak up, but we are a great distance from Baldur's Gate. So you'll excuse me if I remain a bit skeptical."
>> No. 7461 edit
File 130154212549.png - (57.03KB , 279x344 , adventuretarou.png )
7461
>>7457
Taking out the device Sid gave him, Torinn explains, "We're supposed to find these leylines and cast a ritual. Through it, the flow of power could be traced, and our scryers would be able to locate a particularly diabolical entity."

He scratches his head, "You'd be better off asking Sariel or Myn the specifics, but the ultimate goal of our expedition is to take down the Fell King and stop a war from breaking out."
>> No. 7462 edit
File 132590336329.png - (39.78KB , 128x128 , Drow3.png )
7462
The priestess looks more annoyed than anything else, "And what does this have to do with the demonic dwarves inhabiting these caverns now?"
>> No. 7463 edit
"Azers," Sariel interjects. "From their decidedly warm state of being, I surmise they are azers.

"Our task has nothing to do with the azers, or dwarves. These ruins do date back to an ancient dwarven kingdom, so it may be they feel drawn to guard it due to their close kinship to dwarfs."

After a pause, she adds, "Our mission is solely to tap into the elemental leyline to connect to the Shadowfell, where the Fell King presides."

As if realising she's talking to a drow, Sariel suddenly turns and quiets up, glaring at the paladin, mouthing, 'Why by the balls of Kelemvor did you name me?'
>> No. 7464 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
7464
>>7463
The priestess snorts and gestures a bit while she explains, "East of here, you will find a vast cavern that opens into the greater Underdark. It is filled with fearsome beasts, and very dangerous to traverse. The dwarves, when building this fortress, established a bridge across it, hoping to find more minerals on the other side. They did, and they continued to mine deeper, and deeper into the mountain." She pauses for a moment, breathes in deep as condescendingly as possible, and then goes on, "Eventually, they dug so deep that they found a source of magma. But they did not stop there. They dug past the magma, until they found a series of glowing pits. That was the beginning of the end for this dwarven stronghold, as a horde of demons emerged from the pits and attacked the settlement. Though initially the dwarves were successful in driving back the demons, they later succumbed to madness and their own greed. All that remain are the twisted creatures under Sankis's command--azers, whatever you wish to call them."

Refocusing on the task at hand, she leans forward in the stone chair she has comfortable sat herself down in, "We are here because Sankis and his ilk have begun raiding our rightful possessions by way of the chasm. As for this leyline of yours, we know nothing. We are here only to do as much damage to Sankis as possible." The drow's eyes narrow, as if wondering if you have further business with her upon hearing this.
>> No. 7466 edit
"Then," Sariel attempts, "we can search for this leyline so long as we do not render aid to Sankis and his forces, or otherwise obstruct your forces, yes?"
>> No. 7467 edit
File 129610198440.png - (135.67KB , 500x500 , awwww___.png )
7467
Torinn furrows his brow, the mention of thieving drawing his ire. He faces to the east and works the device, getting a strong feeling that their destination lies beyond the hordes of azers.

When Sariel mouths at him, Torinn gives her the cold shoulder and pretends to be focused on the readout of the gizmo.

>> No. 7468 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
7468
"I suppose that would be acceptable. We have no reason to fight with your kind. Anything we looted would not be worth the hassle of obtaining," the priestess comments, apparently ready to get this over with.

When Torinn has a look at the device, he finds that the arrow is pointing to the east and slightly south, and is a very deep shade of blue. Apparently the leyline is still quite far from your current position.
>> No. 7469 edit
File 129909894864.png - (111.90KB , 300x317 , greatness at work.png )
7469
"Good news, everyone," Torinn sighs, voice dripping with sarcasm. "According to the readout, the leyline is, in fact, somewhere to the east. In other words, we have to go a long way through those azer-infested areas to reach it."
>> No. 7470 edit
Sariel nods appreciatively, ignoring the paladin.

"I think I speak for all of us when I say we're glad to have avoided an unnecessary fight." She pauses for a moment, then, "I had always tho-- no, no, nevermind." Sariel shakes her head, turning to the rest of the party.

"Let's go, then. I've no plans to be stuck in this forsaken fortress for too long."
>> No. 7471 edit
File 131761042231.png - (15.19KB , 105x105 , bern123.png )
7471
"It looks like we're due to fight the azer after all, and your people have much more experience in that regard. Will you share the knowledge with us?"

Minor action: Speak with Spirits for insight. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3321002/
>> No. 7472 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
7472
The drow initially regards the human with disdain, but then, her expression suddenly changes. Slowly, a grin spreads across her face as her eyes narrow, and she responds coolly, "Few of my scouts have braved past the chasm, but from what reports I have, Sankis's dwarves are infused with fire energy. They keep slaves of many other humanoid races, such as troglodytes, gnomes, grimlocks... even drow. I'm sure a few of my missing scouts may still be down there... in any case, the fiery dwarves possess a variety of flame-based attacks. They also have demonic servants--ferocious humanoid amphibians, horrid masses of flesh and tentacles, and elemental spirits of flame. We have encountered all of these denizens in our battles."

She slowly twirls a finger in the air, a smug air of superiority about her, as she continues, "As for Sankis himself, we have never fought him. One or two of our scouts have reported back after seeing him, however. His transformation from dwarf to demon is very impressive--he is little more than a vaguely-dwarven incarnation of fire now. His lair lies beyond the glowing pits--in a large cavern that is illuminated by a strange, pulsing mass of fire behind a somewhat translucent 'skin.' I do not know how such a cavern came into existence, but that is what my scout reported. I have doubted it until now, and yet... I wonder if that is what you seek?"

Bernkastel (Insight): You get the impression that the priestess is very pleased with herself, as if she's just thought up the best plan ever.
>> No. 7475 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
7475
As Sureiya talk, he turn to where's Torinn.
"Yes, that sounds like what we are looking for, but we won't be sure until somebody check that strange artifact we got.
Anyways, we seem to share the interest to fight the dwarves."
>> No. 7476 edit
>>7475
"It would probably benefit us all to join forces, then. Any objections?"
>> No. 7477 edit
File 132590336329.png - (39.78KB , 128x128 , Drow3.png )
7477
The priestess holds up a hand and adopts a sour looking, "Hold a moment. An alliance between our forces is not practical at this juncture. We are two different groups with different goals and styles. We'd just get in each other's way. So I propose we merely try to stay out of each others' way as much as possible." However, she does stand and look thoughtful for a moment, before suggesting, "I did mention the vicious beasts that inhabit the chasm, correct? Perhaps there is something I could do. The giant cave spiders that inhabit them will not attack if I charm them while you pass through. That should give you sufficient cover to pass by without a hostile encounter."
>> No. 7478 edit
File 129729837849.jpg - (33.37KB , 144x160 , ooooo.jpg )
7478
>>7477
"Fair enough," Torinn nods. "We'll go our separate ways after that."

Though something about it put him on edge. They may not be enemies, but they didn't seem inclined to be friendly either. What are they playing at?


Insight check on priestess, try to ascertain motive
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3322134/
(23)

>> No. 7479 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
7479
Torinn (Insight) As best as you can tell, the priestess has a strong personal apprehension about working hand-in-hand with you. Nevertheless, her proposal seems legitimate--perhaps she'd rather get you out of her hair and give you an off-chance of solving her problem for her while she continues to raid the ruins for supplies.
>> No. 7480 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
7480
>>7477
"Sounds well. There's any way we can repay the favor?"
>> No. 7481 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
7481
"If you give Sankis hell, that'll be honestly the extent of which I expect of you," the priestess says, standing from her chair and motioning for her honor guard to follow. "Shall we get moving? I'd rather the other hellspawn don't start to wonder what happened to this group, and we've still got to backtrack and check out the kitchen."
>> No. 7482 edit
"Indeed."
>> No. 7492 edit
File 130179153493.png - (84.90KB , 178x390 , 01.png )
7492
>>7477
>>7481
...

"So, you'll accompany us? Even for our return trip?"
>> No. 7493 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
7493
>>7492
"I'll see to it that you get safely across the chasm, but I can go no further than that," the priestess responds impatiently.
>> No. 7494 edit
File 131025703658.png - (3.30KB , 56x61 , bern127.png )
7494
>>7493
"Then you'll have to forgive us if we do resort to killing the cave spiders. We do intend to return alive, after all."
>> No. 7495 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
7495
>>7494
"I'll make sure the spiders in the chasm don't attack. Whatever you run into beyond there is your business," she explains is a very annoyed tone.
>> No. 7497 edit
File 13115685735.png - (71.55KB , 281x270 , bern82.png )
7497
>>7495
"I understand."

Ready if the party is.
>> No. 7500 edit
"Good enough for me," Torinn replies. Apparently they planned on keeping their word after all.

Ready to go
>> No. 7506 edit
File 132616167529.png - (455.25KB , 1069x675 , greathall11.png )
7506
The drow priestess leads the group and her entourage back to the large hallway. The large group progresses to the far eastern end, where a heavy stone door seals off a narrower passage that leads slightly downwards and further along. "Prepare yourselves, for the chasm lies beyond," says the priestess.
>> No. 7507 edit
Torinn draws his sword and shield, standing ready.

draw sword
draw shield
stand ready

>> No. 7508 edit
File 131729193551.png - (251.20KB , 661x478 , 131649829551.png )
7508
"I wonder, what kind of pleasant surprise await us ahead ..."
Equip Harmony blade in the main hand, and Farbond in the offhand.
>> No. 7509 edit
File 129956272039.png - (87.97KB , 243x357 , bern-s3 (3).png )
7509
The shaman prepares the group for whatever lies ahead, and stands ready for the door to open.

Minor actions: Draw both the Totemic Spear and the Chieftain's Shortspear.
A bunch of minor actions: Spirit of Vigor, free tHP for everyone except the drow.
Move action: Can I be a part of the front line?
Standard action: Ready action, perception.

>> No. 7512 edit
File 132626359220.png - (319.64KB , 1069x675 , chasmA.png )
7512
The drow and the adventurers proceed through the heavy stone doors with caution. They open into a very large area--what appears to be a chasm cutting through the midst of the underground is bridged over by a rickety-looking wooden construction. You also spy the remains of two other bridges that didn't last, apparently. Massive spiderwebs cover the chasm, and you cannot see the bottom or a top to it. It no doubt leads to other places in the Underdark, however, if you could navigate it somehow.

"Beyond this bridge," the drow priestess indicates, "Lies a portal. There are several more points like this in the mountain, but you are lucky--the great hall passage you find yourself in is the most direct route to Sankis and his lair. Perhaps he fancies himself a king of sorts...? According to my scout, the portal here connects to a small mining area beyond the magma river, with a connection to the deepest point in the mountain, where he witnesses the phenomenon I described earlier. From what you have said, I believe this is where Sankis draws his fiery power from." She presses her hand to the giant spider web and begins to chant something. You can hear faint sounds of something--perhaps a great many "somethings," skittering about in the distance. "There, there... the spiders should not attack, so I suggest you hurry."
>> No. 7513 edit
I can't see any spiders from here...

Perception etc. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3325325/
>> No. 7514 edit
File 132626494182.png - (758.51KB , 1069x675 , chasmB.png )
7514
Due to the low ceiling here, it's difficult to tell... moving forward a bit doesn't reveal any spiders noticeable in the immediate vicinity, though there could be more hidden above or below the bridge ahead.
>> No. 7515 edit
File 129826709578.jpg - (77.48KB , 340x282 , mantarou.jpg )
7515
Torinn looks at the bridge, then down at Rutger, then back at the bridge, then back at himself. Sadly, he's decked out in plate mail and riding a giant tiger, but if their combined weight wasn't so heavy that it'd make a pachyderm buckle at the knees, then he could cross the bridge like like a normal person.

He looks down the chasm, then back up. Where were they, again? They were in front of a rickety bridge, with a paladin in heavy armor.

What was that drow doing with her hand? Back to staring into the abyss. Oh, right. It's an incantation for those spiders to avoid us.

He looks again. The drow's now telling them to scram. But it's not really feasible for him to go first when he's so darn heavy. He's on a celestial battle tiger.


"I'll go last, thanks. I'd rather the bridge didn't collapse before anybody crossed."
>> No. 7516 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
7516
"As long there are only spiders on this area everything should go fine ..."
"Alright, everyone else, let's get to the other way."
>> No. 7529 edit
Sariel sighs, finally breaking her silence.

"I'll go first, then," she indicates. The eladrin moves forward, boldly stepping over the bridge, her sword at the ready to discourage any attackers. Trusting the Drow, even if they don't seem hostile, seems like a fairly foolish business.
>> No. 7531 edit
File 130026940684.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua3.png )
7531
Following the Eladrin, Sureiya also move foward. With both of his blades ready for action and keeping a keen ear for anything that could be near.
"I think we will need some light here."
>> No. 7533 edit
File 132643844662.png - (839.31KB , 1069x675 , chasmC.png )
7533
Sariel cautiously crosses the bridge... despite being wooden, it seems sturdy enough, and she and Roth both make it to the other side without incident. It appears safe, though she can't see much with Bernkastel's light still on the other side.

There is a large pile of oddly-shaped rocks here--they appear igneous in nature rather than sedimentary.
>> No. 7534 edit
File 132645002847.jpg - (22.82KB , 704x400 , [Ayako]_Regios_-_09_-_[LQ-XVID+MP3][8A8946DE]_avi_.jpg )
7534
Sariel curiously examines the rocks.

Dungeoneering, Nature, Arcana: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3328644/
>mfw lowest mod has highest result

>> No. 7537 edit
>>7533
Folka shrugs after eying the Priestess suspiciously and crosses the bridge, seeing as the rest of the party seems pretty hesitant to do so. after crossing the bridge without a hitch, he gestures to Sariel before whispering to her,"I'm not the only one who found her suspiciously cooperative, right?"
>> No. 7538 edit
File 129819442072.png - (41.57KB , 161x272 , ~.png )
7538
"Well, goodbye, Ms. Pellanistra."

Any self-respecting acrophobic would have to be possessed to consider crossing a pit of any significant depth on such a rickety bridge, especially after the other two examples serving as convincing proof of shoddy maintenance. Thankfully, for a shaman, arrangements for possession are not out of reach.

The elemental spirit disappears, and with no further hesitation, the shaman rejoins her allies on the other side, showering the side with light.

>> No. 7539 edit
File 132651233673.png - (872.72KB , 1069x675 , chasmD.png )
7539
Sariel would guess that these "rocks" were actually formed by cooling magma. Perhaps magma once flowed past here?

The party begins working its way past the bridge.
>> No. 7540 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
7540
A bit nervous, the ranger talk to the rest of the party.
"Let's haste this a bit, ya? The light will surely attract other creatures attention."
>> No. 7541 edit
Myn traverses the bridge, rejoining the majority of his convenient meatshields on the other side.
>> No. 7542 edit
Sariel starts questing in the high priestess' direction in an attempt to understand the magic at work here, her eyes closed.

Arcana to identify the use of the magic the priestess is using, and/or its function, primarily the latter: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3329777/
>> No. 7543 edit
With everyone safely on the other side, Torinn nods at the assembled drow as he crosses the bridge.

Move to the opposite side
>> No. 7545 edit
File 132661117471.png - (764.97KB , 1069x675 , chasmD.png )
7545
Sariel (Arcana): Try as you might, you really don't understand what you just saw--so to speak. It's not Arcane magic, at any rate. It's probably Divine (Religion check).

As the group gathers on the other side of the bridge, the drow begin to withdraw back into the ruins of the fortress silently. It'd probably be a good idea to get some distance from the spiders before they become aggressive again.

Looking ahead, you see a wide path through the cavern that narrows and ends abruptly in a stone arch. The stone is very elaborate and looks much newer than the rest of the creations you have seen here. You can't see beyond the arch--because there is a shimmering, magical field of yellowish energy here. For lack of better term to describe it, it appears that this really is a "portal" of some sorts, like the priestess described.
>> No. 7547 edit
>>7545
"So.. Anyone have any idea what that thing is exactly before we decide to step through it..?"
>> No. 7548 edit
"In my expert opinion, it is a stone archway that functions as a portal," Sariel states dryly.

Arcana check for portal, Religion for priestss magics:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3331315/

>> No. 7549 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
7549
As if he just barely noticed it, he ranger give it a quick stare and grumps in dissaproval.
"A portal? And how does that thing work?"
>> No. 7551 edit
Sariel stares at Sureiya, dumb-founded.

"Like any other portal. You step through it or activate it."
>> No. 7552 edit
"Like this, then?"

Without waiting for confirmation, Torinn and Rutger move through the "portal".

advance for the sake of science
>> No. 7554 edit
File 130485372939.png - (45.24KB , 308x347 , 41b.png )
7554
Soon, the elemental spirit reappears next to the shaman.

"Oh, wait, Mr. Tormine..." Seeing the paladin walk through the portal, the shaman tries to stop him, but of course it's too late.

"... I'd like to ask for the next person to enter to come back through the portal, so we'll know it's working."
>> No. 7555 edit
File 129662149793.jpg - (89.15KB , 600x800 , All I Need Is My Star To Come.jpg )
7555
Finding the other side to be rather hot and dark, Torinn throws down a sunrod to light the surroundings.

Let there be light
>> No. 7556 edit
File 132668153573.png - (154.50KB , 1069x675 , chasmE.png )
7556
Torinn passes through the portal with a tingling sensation. As soon as he begins to enter, he feels suddenly yanked to the other side, as if the portal will not allow him to linger partway through.

Torinn then finds himself and his mount plunged in complete darkness, save for being vaguely aware of a stone arch behind him. Oddly, there is no magical shimmer emanating from the portal on this end. It feels very warm in here, very warm. The warmth of the ground can almost be felt through his heavy boots. Upon striking a sunrod, he hears a clattering commotion coming from around a now clearly-visible cavern wall corner to the northeast. The ground here is covered in ash and soot, and glows slightly red in response to the light emanating from Torinn's sunrod.

Sariel: Arcana: The portal appears to be pretty standard, though it's highly unusual to find a working portal in Faerun. Particularly this deep underground. Most stopped working in the post-Spellplague era. Entering it should transport the subject to a distant place. Portals such as this are almost always safe to transport, as they tend to fail if placed in overly hazardous areas, but they are not always two-way.
Religion: The prayer the drow is chanting is a plea to the spider-queen Lloth to calm her servants in the immediate area. Only priestesses of the upper echelons in drow society know such intricate control of arachnids.

>> No. 7557 edit
File 13266963482.png - (331.24KB , 1069x675 , chasmF.png )
7557
While the party prepares to plunge into the portal, Torinn is immediate confronted by the sound of a voice calling out, "Ey, there's light comin' fro' o'er thar! Go check it out, maggot!", followed by a cracking sound. Directly in front of Torinn is what appears to be a shaky-looking stone support that holds together this area... Torinn thinks that jarring the support might cause a cave-in.

Myn, oblivious to what's going on on the other side of the portal, seems to be ready to go on through.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-[-7]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Z-[-7]) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Z-[-5]) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Z-[-4]) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Z/Y-[-1]/0) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Z/Y-[-1]/0) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-[-6]) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (X-[-4]) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-[-3]) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-[-5])
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Y-[-4]) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
??? (J-11)

Notes
You cannot see any enemies from your current position. However, Torinn can hear some creatures moving about in the room ahead.
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
>> No. 7559 edit
File 130066645467.jpg - (12.62KB , 124x105 , georgeduryotsu.jpg )
7559
Nodding at the shaman, Myn steps through the portal, taking a moment to speak with the paladin before preparing to return to the other end.

"The portal seems to be working properly. I will go back and tell the others to hurry over."
>> No. 7561 edit
>>7559
"Shh! I heard voices coming from close by!" Torinn whispers, the thought of heading back through the portal not even occurring to him. "They must be in the room ahead. All I can see from here are those flimsy supports."
>> No. 7562 edit
>>7561

"...that's slightly troubling."

Replying quietly, Myn directs his familiar to investigate the room to the east. He also attempts to stick an arm through the portal to wave the rest of the group over.

Activate book imp invisibility, send to Y-6.
>> No. 7564 edit
File 132677607024.png - (302.61KB , 1069x675 , chasmG.png )
7564
Myn and his imp pass through the portal and discover, unfortunately, that he cannot pass back through. There is only an empty cavern passage behind him in the archway, not a return portal. The warlock quickly commands his imp to turn invisible and move ahead to scout, which it does begrudgingly.

Myn and Torinn also hear the sound of something moving about ahead, hissing something incomprehensible as it does so. The sound is vaguely reptilian.

The only way Myn's actions work out is if the imp was already in active mode, so I'll assume it is.
Myn walks to AA-[-1], passing through the portal.
Myn actives his imp familiar's invisibility.
It flies 6 squares to Y-5.
Something moves to S-4.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
??? (S-4): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Z-[-5]) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Z-[-4]) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Z/Y-[-1]/0) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Z/Y-[-1]/0) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-[-6]) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (X-[-4]) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-[-3]) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-[-5])
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Y-[-4]) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
???: (J-11)
???: (S-4)

Notes
You cannot see any enemies from your current position. However, Torinn can hear some creatures moving about in the room ahead.
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
>> No. 7571 edit
Seeing no alternative, Torinn has Rutger advance forward and squeeze past the column to better illuminate the chamber ahead.

Move to X/Y, 5/6
Wait until I see something or something happens before continuing turn

>> No. 7573 edit
File 132678307627.png - (703.89KB , 1069x675 , chasmH.png )
7573
When Torinn and his tiger squeeze past the column into the chamber, the sunrod the dragonborn is holding provides ample illumination for the area.

This appears to be a dig site of sorts, with a mining cart filled with glinting, black material that is likely obsidian. Various creatures are scattered throughout the room--a pair of troglodytes, similar to the ones you saw before, but looking somewhat downtrodden and beaten up, holding hefty-looking pickaxes. There are a pair of drow as well, with the same roughed-up look as the troglodtyes--both are female, dressed in black leathers that appear torn and old, and holding sharpened chisels and dulled hammers.

In contrast to the beat-up looking humanoids are two small imp-like creatures that are literally on fire--the flame imps are constantly burning and emit so much smoke that they provide their own concealment. The squares occupied by the flame imps are lightly obscured. In addition, there is one rather burly-looking dwarflike humanoid wearing spiked, metal chain mail and wielding a whip that ever so occasionally emanates a flicker of flame. He appears to be one of the creatures that you saw dead in the hall earlier. The whip looks like it could reach enemies up to about 10 feet away...

"Ah, it's been a long time since intruders made it this far into Sankis's domain!" the dwarf-like creature announces. "Rough that one up a bit, he looks like a strong back we could use around here!"

Torinn and Rutger advance, squeezing past the stone support. The sunrod in Torinn's hand illuminates the chamber.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Z-[-5]) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Z-[-4]) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-[-6]) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (X-[-4]) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-[-3]) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-[-5])
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Y-[-4]) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
??? Taskmaster: (J-11)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (P-14)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (S-4)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (K-13)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (E-0)
Flame Imp 1: (G-2)
Flame Imp 2: (L-10)

Notes
You cannot see any enemies from your current position. However, Torinn can hear some creatures moving about in the room ahead.
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
>> No. 7576 edit
"...I think it's safe to say that our companions might not have been so lucky going through that portal."
>> No. 7577 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
7577
>>7576
"Right, so let's cross already!"
>> No. 7578 edit
File 129944752142.png - (24.46KB , 200x200 , well EXCUSE ME princess.png )
7578
>>7573
"You're planning to 'rough me up'? Are you serious?" Torinn asks incredulously, quickly assessing the situation at hand. He casts a look at the assembled "workforce" and says, "I don't know what this garden ornament with a superiority complex and his flaming mosquitoes did to you, but there's half a dozen more in my party coming around here in a few seconds." He leaves the unanswered question that there might be even more than that... unanswered. "You don't fight us, your captor goes down and you get your freedom." He drops his sunrod and draws his sword, "And don't think for an instant we can't take him down. Compared to hydras, dragons, giant beasts, and a whole room full of things that looked an awful lot like him," Torinn sneers, "He doesn't look so tough." Rutger growls in response, just daring somebody to come after them. "So, who wants to see that runt and his prissy fairies humbled?"

Free: Drop Sunrod
Minor: Draw Sword
Standard: Diplomacy to convince prisoners to stand down
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3333408/ (32, 29, 19, 19)

>> No. 7580 edit
File 13267924923.png - (703.85KB , 1069x675 , chasmI.png )
7580
Torinn's impressive display garners some reactions from the drow, but they seem almost delayed--as if there was something "interfering." The taskmaster cracks his whip loudly, calling out, "Don't listen tae 'em ye lot, now do as ah say or Sankis'll 'ave yer heads. Get 'em!" The taskmaster strides forward at a leisurely pace, apparently making sure that all the slaves are still quite ready to attack.

One of the flame imps skips forward haphazardly, chattering in a strange language before launching a fireball at the dragonborn. The paladin manages to deflect the attack with his shield. One of the drow begins to move, and Torinn immediately notices something odd about the drow's movements--it's as if he's in a trance, or sleepwalking. This doesn't seem to affect the slave's speed, however, as it dashes along the battlefield towards Torinn's position.

Torinn drops his sunrod and draws his sword, then uses diplomacy to try and reach out to the slaves.
The taskmaster in turn rallies the slaves before moving forward. The flame imp uses flame bolt but misses Torinn. The support isn't hit. The drow shadowblade double moves.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
??? Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Z-[-5]) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Z-[-4]) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-[-6]) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (X-[-4]) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-[-3]) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-[-5])
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Y-[-4]) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
??? Taskmaster: (O-8)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (P-14)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (S-4)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (K-13)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (S-7)
Flame Imp 1: (G-2) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (Q-10) lightly obscured

Notes
You cannot see any enemies from your current position. However, Torinn can hear some creatures moving about in the room ahead.
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
>> No. 7584 edit
>>7577
"Did it not occur to you that there might be something hazardous on the other side of that portal? Like some trap or something!? Rushing headlong through it might be foolish then!"
>> No. 7585 edit
"You should have said that before dude, the Torinn and Myn inside already!"
>> No. 7594 edit
File 13115685735.png - (71.55KB , 281x270 , bern82.png )
7594
He's not coming back, huh. Of course the drow would leave out this detail.

"... I think this portal may be one-way. Ms. Sariel, can the portal be modified for two-way travel?" The shaman lowers her voice. "If not, we could throw the priestess into the portal."
>> No. 7596 edit
"What are you talking about? Just because they aren't going back it doesn't mean it's one-sided Anyways what are we waiting for?"
>> No. 7598 edit
File 129757978829.jpg - (37.64KB , 154x204 , pondering.jpg )
7598
"Please believe me, I'm not your enemy," Torinn says as he addresses the 'slaves'. Calling on all his limited perception and cognitive abilities, Torinn, tries to discern who's who and what's going on.

Checks: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3334206/
Taskmaster : 20 arcana, 13 dungeoneering, 14 history, 19 nature, 6 religion
Imps : 8 arcana, 21 dungeoneering, 6 history, 5 nature, 22 religion
Drow : 13 arcana, 11 dungeoneering, 20 history, 19 nature, 3 religion
Kobolds : 20 arcana, 9 dungeoneering, 12 history, 23 nature, 14 religion

Explain what I learn to Sariel as soon as she comes through

>> No. 7600 edit
File 130467051454.jpg - (39.79KB , 233x172 , mb2.jpg )
7600
>>7596
"I asked Mr. Nthelsyr to come back, and he didn't. Of course we should try to keep the option of retreat open... and this 'trap' business is also speculation."
>> No. 7602 edit
Sariel smirks briefly, but shakes her head soon after. "As much as the thought of throwing a drow in entertains me," she says, "I do not think that is in our best interest right now."

With an amused smile, she adds, "After all, you know how uppity the paladin is. He'd have a right problem with us if we 'double-crossed' the drow by looking out for ourselves. In any case.

"The portal magic at work here is ancient, and so I do not see it as a good idea to tamper with it. Considering the drow claimed scouts had returned, I surmise there is a way back... provided she did not lie to us."
>> No. 7606 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
7606
Torinn: Taskmaster: It's difficult to be sure, but this is almost certainly some sort of elemental-dwarf kind of enemy, noticeably different in appearance than an azer. It is likely quite resistant to fire but vulnerable to cold. This particular specimen has likely dwelt underground for centuries, since the pre-Spellplague era, and is in service to Sankis the Burning. It is a level 8 elite brute (leader), so it is very tough and will take a concentrated effort to bring down. Its whip gives it the ability to attack from a bit of a distance.
Imps:All Torinn can recognize about these imps is that they are very subtly different than the typical imp, which is a devil. These are much more elemental in nature, wild and difficult to control. Unfortunately, elementals are outside of Torinn's area of expertise.
Drow:About drow, Torinn knows that they have fought for territory in the Underdark with various other races for centuries. Occasionally they are captured and enslaved by other powers, such as rival drow clans or duergar.
Kobolds: Torinn knows that kobolds are cunning, trap-building humanoids, and knows a lot about them, but this knowledge doesn't seem particularly relevant.

>> No. 7608 edit
Sariel marches through the portal with no further explanation, intent to find out what's keeping Warlock and Paladin.

Only to find that the Paladin has weapons drawn and is looking decidedly geared for battle. She approaches closer, frowning.
"What's got you all upset?"

Roth darts closer to the Paladin, extending its protection to the warrior, while the eladrin scours the area for traces of magic with her senses.

Move: Sariel to AA-2, Roth to Y-4
Minor: Light on Roth
Standard: Detect Magic, Arcana.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3335092/

>> No. 7610 edit
File 13033504185.png - (234.33KB , 530x354 , danger.png )
7610
>>7608
Torinn doesn't show it, but he's rather glad back-up has arrived. He speaks in a hushed tone, "We've got trouble. I don't know much about them, but there's a dwarf-like creature who's some kind of "taskmaster" that commands flame and hates cold, but he's not an azer, and a couple of fiery imps of elemental origin. The taskmaster's got a whip and the imps just missed me with some bolts of flame. They've got some kind of hold over a couple kobolds and drow. I almost managed to talk the prisoners out of fighting us, but the taskmaster's got some kind of hold over them." Torinn tries to explain, pointing to the nearest drow, "That one even moved like it was in a trance. It looked more like sleepwalking. If the taskmaster's taken down, then I should be able to convince them to leave us be, but that guy's pretty tough."
>> No. 7611 edit
Sariel snorts. "Enemies, then. I presume you'll tell me not to kill these... 'slaves'."
>> No. 7612 edit
>>7611
"Think of it this way: we'll save more resources in the long run by focusing on the ones in charge. I can continue to distract them and draw their attention if necessary."
>> No. 7616 edit
File 132693911875.png - (705.01KB , 1069x675 , chasmJ.png )
7616
Sariel and her companion move through the portal, taking up positions on the other side, before Sariel attempts to detect any magical auras nearby. This effort seems to be in vain, however, as there are no magical traps nearby she can discover. The supports at least appear completely mundane.

One of the drow slinks accross the battlefield before hurling a jagged knife at Torinn, whose armor deftly turns away the blade. Continuing to move as if in a trance, the drow shifts away after its attack.

The second flame imp is more lucky than the first, as it dances forward and launches a bolt of flame at the paladin, and this one fully engulfs him. Torinn now finds himself ablaze and the flame imp cackling. The taskmaster sneers at Torinn, calling out, "Yes, yes! All burn!"

Sariel moves and casts light on Roth. Sariel detects magic, finding nothing in particular nearby.
Drow shadowblade 1 double moves, and throws a drow long knife at Torinn, which misses. After the attack it shifts 3 squares, and draws another long knife. The pillar is not destroyed.
The flame imp moves and use flame bolt against Torinn, which hits for 19 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
??? Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Z-[-5]) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Z-[-4]) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 39/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-[-6]) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (AA-2) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-[-5])
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Y-[-4]) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
??? Taskmaster: (O-8)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (P-14)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (S-4)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (K-13)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (S-7)
Flame Imp 1: (L-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (Q-10) lightly obscured

Notes
You cannot see any enemies from your current position. However, Torinn can hear some creatures moving about in the room ahead.
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
>> No. 7617 edit
Sariel responds to the attack by throwing up a shield, deflecting part of the Imp's attack. "Right, I don't think you can suffer their attacks as long as you think you can."

Immediate Interrupt: Channeling Shield, -7 damage to Torinn and I get a +2 damage to my next succesful attack before eomnt.
>> No. 7620 edit
File 132693980447.png - (705.09KB , 1069x675 , chasmJ.png )
7620
Sariel's quickly constructed arcane shield reduces the brunt of the imp's fiery attack a bit.

Sariel's channeling shield reduces the damage Torinn takes from the attack by 7, and Sariel deals 2 extra damage on her next successful attack.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
??? Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Z-[-5]) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Z-[-4]) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 46/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-[-6]) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (AA-2) 51/51 HP, +2 damage to next attack
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-[-5])
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Y-[-4]) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
??? Taskmaster: (O-8)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (P-14)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (S-4)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (K-13)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (S-7)
Flame Imp 1: (L-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (Q-10) lightly obscured

Notes
You cannot see any enemies from your current position. However, Torinn can hear some creatures moving about in the room ahead.
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
>> No. 7621 edit
File 131365034958.png - (85.73KB , 291x477 , kan_ikaria2.png )
7621
"Hey! wait a second!"
Following down the eladrin, the ranger move through the portal, just stoping when he notice the enemies ahead.
"Oh darn, just when we managed to get rid of those spiders!"
Movement action: Double move to AA-3
Minor action: Perception check! (24) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3335783/
Free actions: checks for the Troglodyte, the drows and the taskmaster (21,16,23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3335784/

>> No. 7622 edit
File 132696095924.png - (705.25KB , 1069x675 , chasmK.png )
7622
The half-orc darts through the portal and takes up position near the eladrin, scanning the area for anything out of the ordinary. Fortunately, he doesn't see anything like a trap.

Sureiya double moves to AA-3, then uses perception, finding nothing not immediately noticeable.

Sureiya: Unfortunately, Sureiya knows nothing more than general knowledge about these creatures like that that has already been revealed to Torinn and Sariel, and the earlier checks for troglodytes.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Z-[-5]) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Z-[-4]) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 46/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AA-3) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (AA-2) 51/51 HP, +2 damage to next attack
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-[-5])
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Y-[-4]) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (P-14)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (S-4)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (K-13)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (S-7)
Flame Imp 1: (L-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (Q-10) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
>> No. 7627 edit
>>7622
Folka sighs and shrugs before saying,"Well, it's not like me to just up and abandon others, so I guess I'm in too." before walking through the portal then stumbling over near Sariel before muttering,"Well, at least we're not dead.."

Seeing there are enemies from his angle of view, he inches past Torinn, then takes a position close to the wall to prevent himself from being flanked, and uses the only thing left of his master to give himself a bit of a defensive boost before asking,"Anything I should know about these things? Other than some of them being slaves from what I see."


Correct me if I misunderstand the movement for going through the portal etc. I assume that when moving into the portal (my third square of movement) it plops me on the otherside so i've only used 3 squares or something)
Move to Z-2
Move Action/technique Steel Wind to X-10
Free Action:Blurred Strike Ki focus daily, gain +2 to all defenses until end of next turn

>> No. 7632 edit
File 13271201159.png - (705.93KB , 1069x675 , chasmL.png )
7632
Folka uses his wind discipline to dash through the portal and into the fray, and just manages to almost run headlong into a troglodtye charging him. He uses his ki focus to blur his image slightly, but the mauler still manages to just barely connect with its hefty mining pick, cutting a gash in the monk's shoulder. Torinn manages to soften the blow a bit with righteous power.

No transports for movement, I think you can only reach X-9. But you could use the movement technique twice to reach X-10 if you want to so I'll assume you use that. It says on page 217 of the PHB3 that you can use the movement technique of an at-will power as many times during a round as you wish as long as you have the actions.
Folka uses steel wind's movement technique twice, ending in X-10. He then uses his blurred strike ki focus to gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of his next turn.
Troglodtye mauler 1 moves and then charges Folka, hitting with its heavy pick for 17 damage. Torinn uses shield of devotion to allow Folka to regain 4 hit points. Folka is marked until the end of the troglodyte's next turn.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-9) 35/48 HP, +2 to all defenses, marked (Mauler 1)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Z-[-4]) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 46/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AA-3) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (AA-2) 51/51 HP, +2 damage to next attack
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-[-5])
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (Y-[-4]) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-10)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (S-4)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (K-13)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (S-7)
Flame Imp 1: (L-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (Q-10) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
>> No. 7637 edit
File 132736977356.png - (622.93KB , 1069x675 , chasmM.png )
7637
The shaman and her spirit quickly move through the portal, and then take positions to better aid the party. Noticing one of her spirits disappeared in transition, "Bernkastel" recalls the spirit next to Folka in order to provide him with a bit of a extra protection.

Bernkastel and her spirit companion move through the portal, and her elemental spirit dismisses due to range. She then moves again, and summons her spirit of athas.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 35/48 HP, +2 to all defenses, marked (Mauler 1)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (X-4) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 46/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AA-3) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (AA-2) 51/51 HP, +2 damage to next attack
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-5, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-10)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (S-4)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (K-13)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (S-7)
Flame Imp 1: (L-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (Q-10) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
>> No. 7639 edit
Moving ahead, Myn curses the first enemy he sees, attempting to aim an attack through the dangerously-clumped mass of allies in front of him.

Move action: Move to Z-4.
Minor action: Curse Troglodtye Mauler 2.
Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Troglodtye Mauler 2.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3342209/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3342210/

>> No. 7640 edit
File 132738356153.png - (660.56KB , 1069x675 , chasmM.png )
7640
Moving up from the back, Myn saunters into the battlefield, attempting to cause worms to explode from the nearest troglodtye's body, but the beast is undaunted. Urged on by the taskamster, it charges into the fray and smashes Torinn with its mining pick, scoring a direct hit on the resilient cavalier.

"Hahahaha, we've got those fools right where we want them!" the taskamster cackles, pointing at the gathered adventurers... and the stone support right in the middle of them. "Now bring the mine down on them!" Though Torinn is currently aflame, he's thinking that can't be good...

Myn moves to Z-4. Myn curses troglodtye mauler 2. Myn's darkworm feast misses troglodtye mauler 2.
Troglodtye mauler 2 charges Torinn and hits with its heavy mining pick for 11 damage, and Torinn is marked until the end of the Troglodtye's next turn.
Torinn takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 35/48 HP, +2 to all defenses, marked (Mauler 1)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (X-4) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 30/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (X/Y-5/6) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AA-3) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (AA-2) 51/51 HP, +2 damage to next attack
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-5, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-10)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (W-5) Cursed (Myn)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (K-13)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (S-7)
Flame Imp 1: (L-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (Q-10) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
>> No. 7644 edit
Minor: Dragon breath troglodyte reflex
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3342911/ (crit)
Move: Q/R,4/5 take OAs like boss w/ 27+ AC vs. OAs
Standard: Battle pounce taskmaster reflex, end at P/Q,7/8 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3342913/ (19,14)
Action point: Smite evil http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3342919/ (24,19)

>> No. 7646 edit
File 132748167899.png - (741.57KB , 1069x675 , chasmN.png )
7646
Torinn unleashes a torrent of lightning from his maw, before his tiger skulks away, nimbly evading incoming strikes of opportunity from the troglodtye's claws and the drow's knife, before pouncing directly on the fiery dwarf, nearly knocking it over! Still reeling from the blow, the taskmaster cannot evade Torinn's follow-up attack, which is imbued with divine power, leaving it seemingly half-conscious. It gathers it senses quickly, but still seems quite distracted.

The taskmaster feebly tries to whip the dragonborn with its flaming lash, but fails to land a solid hit. However, it manages to stammer a command in a booming voice, "DO IT NOW!" The nearby imp complies, launching a bolt of fire that shatters the weak-looking support. Instantly, a large amount of rubble crashes into the ground, leaving both Myn and the swordmage's companion hurt and trapped under the rocks! The fire imp cackles manically, and one of the drow moves in close, darkness gathering around it as it attempts to skewer the monk with its knife, but Folka manages to evade the blow despite not seeing it coming.

Torinn's dragon breath CRITS the mauler 2 for 7 lightning damage, and the mauler is sanctioned until the end of Torinn's next turn.
Torinn and Rutger move, provoking a claw from the troglodye and an attack from the drow shadowblade with drow long knife, both of which miss.
Rutger uses battle pounce, which hits for 14 damage, but the taskmaster saves against falling prone thanks to its steady-footed dwarven racial feature.
Torinn spends an action point, gaining bonuses from Bernkastel's tactical assault and tactical presence. Torinn hits with valiant strike with holy smite for 13 damage plus 6 radiant damage, and the taskmaster is dazed until the end of Torinn's next turn.
Torinn fails to save against ongoing fire damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3343449/
Sankis's Taskmaster's fiery whip misses Torinn.
Flame imp 2 moves and uses flame bolt, which destroys the support at Z-5. The cavern collapse hits Myn and Roth for 17 damage, and traps them under the rubble until escape (escape DC 17, Athletics or Acrobatics). The area is now also difficult terrain.
The drow shadowblade moves and creates its cloud of darkness, creating a zone of total darkness that blinds Folka. It attempts to stab him with its drow long knife but misses.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 35/48 HP, +2 to all defenses, marked (Mauler 1), blinded
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (X-4) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 30/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AA-3) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (AA-2) 51/51 HP, +2 damage to next attack
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-5, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -34 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-10)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (W-5) -7 HP, Cursed (Myn), Sanctioned (Torinn)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (K-13)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (Y-9), center of burst 1 cloud of darkness
Flame Imp 1: (L-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (T-12) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7652 edit
For a moment Sariel surveys the battlefield, noting the rubble and whatnot from the pillar. Then, with great purpose, she strides forward... only to disappear and reappear a distance off.

Immediately, the Eladrin launches into attacks, summoning a horde of imaginary warriors to provide cover for Folka, while the light dances away from Roth and lights up on Folka's fists.

Not satisfied with just this, she launches into a second attack immediately after, brandishing her blade at the nearby Drow in a charging assault.


Move: Fey Step to W7, Roth doesn't move.
Standard: Winged Horde, centred on Folka.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344196/

Minor: Light on Folka

ACTION POINT: Charge Drow at T-10.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344199/

Whichever attack hits first gets a +2 damage due to Channeling Shield.
Also lol @ them rolls. Fuck everything.

>> No. 7661 edit
File 132754824381.png - (820.43KB , 1069x675 , chasmO.png )
7661
Sariel teleports over the rubble with typical eladrin grace, then unleashes a horde of winged illusions on the nearby foes. The enemies prove too resilient to be shaken by them, however. Though she uses a light spell on Folka, it has no effect on the drow's field of darkness. Sariel then uses her deepest reserves of stamina to charge into the fray, but the graceful drow nimbly dodges the blow, then spins its blade in counterattack, failing to hit the aggressor but slipping away in the process. Feeling a bit outmatched, the drow seeks refuge in the other drows' cloud of darkness.

Snickering, the other imp dances forward and launches a bolt of fiery energy at the shaman, but the shot goes wide and lightly scorches the 20' high ceiling instead.

Perhaps the heat of the cavern is affecting everyone's concentration.

Sariel uses fey step, then uses winged horde, which misses both targets. Sariel casts light on Folka.
Sariel spends an action point! Sariel charges with a melee basic attack, which misses the drow shadowblade 1.
Drow shadowblade 1 misses Sariel with drow long knife, shifting 3 squares after the attack. It then carefully moves over into the other drows' cloud of darkness.
Flame imp 1 moves, then misses Bernkastel with flame bolt.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 35/48 HP, +2 to all defenses, marked (Mauler 1), blinded
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (X-4) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 30/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AA-3) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (U-8) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-5, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -34 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-10)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (W-5) -7 HP, Cursed (Myn), Sanctioned (Torinn)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (Y-8)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (Y-9), center of burst 1 cloud of darkness
Flame Imp 1: (Q-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (T-12) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7663 edit
File 131729193551.png - (251.20KB , 661x478 , 131649829551.png )
7663
Upset from the tough situation, Sureiya growls at the rest
"You guys better stay focused! I will deal with these reptiles, someone help Torinn!"
Then, taking a short breath, the ranger tries something he had almost forgotten about. Saying a short prayer that sounds as if in a strange language, he summons some primal spirits to aid them. Something like a gust appears in the area and it's filled with colored leaves. Using it as a distraction Sureiya rushes over the remains of the pilar and attack the nearest Troglodyte.

Minor action: Leaf Wall! Placing the Wall from X-4 to X-8!
Movement action: Move to X-6
Standard action: Twin strike (miss, Critical hit) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344447/
Extra damage (4) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344450/
So 15 + 4 = 19 damage

>> No. 7664 edit
File 132755185328.png - (819.93KB , 1069x675 , chasmP.png )
7664
The half-orc's pleas are answered by primal earth spirits, which apparently still lurk in long-forgotten realms such as these, conjuring a wall of leafy terrain that provides cover for Sureiya's allies and a distraction for his enemies. Moving through the wall stepping over the fallen warlock as he does so, Sureiya lashes out at the nearest troglodyte with his blades, missing once but piercing the beast's chest with the other, drawing a lot of blood and causing the troglodtye to for a moment look as though it had moved past the trance affecting it to roar in agony. However, it quickly returns to appearing as a mere thrall.

Sureiya summons a leaf wall. He then moves and uses twin strike, with misses the troglodtye crusher 2 once and CRITS once for 19 damage.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 35/48 HP, +2 to all defenses, marked (Mauler 1), blinded
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (X-4) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 30/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-6) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (U-8) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Y-5, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -34 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-10)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (W-5) -26 HP, Cursed (Myn), Sanctioned (Torinn)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (Y-8)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (Y-9), center of burst 1 cloud of darkness
Flame Imp 1: (Q-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (T-12) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7673 edit
Folka manages to inch into a better viewing position and strikes at the mauler directly next to him. In the ensuing confusion, he slides it towards one of the drow and it attacks the drow in the confusion. It gets slid farther back towards the wall and looks quite confused.

He then zooms back into the cloud and large amount of blows are heard connecting with the enemies. One blow in particular dazes the mauler, who can't seem to handle what's going on.




Minor Action:Boots of the Fencing Master encounter power (Shift up to 2 squares): Shift one square northwest to W-9 (gain +1 to ac and reflex til end of next turn from the item property)
Standard Action:Drunken Monkey vs will of Troglodyte mauler 1.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344592/
(see the diceroll for info etc)
No Action:Flurry of blows the troglodyte, sliding it one square down when the attack is complete for it (4 damage)
Move Action:Shift to X-9
Action Point:Standard Action:Five storms vs reflex, close burst 1 (two drow, 1 mauler)
Attack:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344605/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344607/
No Action:Surprise strike troglodyte mauler (dazing it)
No Action:Flurry of blows (no slide, 4 damaage)

>> No. 7674 edit
File 132757036042.png - (818.04KB , 1069x675 , chasmQ.png )
7674
Folka quickly escapes the drow's magical darkness with the aid of his magic boots, then unleashes a confusing technique that sends the troglodtye stumbling, swinging its pick at one of the drow but missing quite clearly. The monk quickly follows by hopping in the middle of all 3 foes and spinning around in a maneuver that strikes all of them, leaving them reeling.

Bernkastel quickly moves forward in order to get near enough to the paladin to heal him, though she leaves herself open to attack as she does so. The attack proves fruitless, however, as the troglodtye's claw goes wide, and Torinn's sanction punishes it for the attempt. With her spirit now also in position, Bernkastel calls upon the spirit of healing to restore the vitality of both the cavalier and the monk. She then turns to the ranger and briefly summons a spirit to guide a new attack against the troglodtye, which disappears quickly.

Folka shifts 2 squares as a minor action using the item power of his boots of the fencing master. He then uses drunken monkey, which hits for 8 damage and slides the troglodtye 1 square, though the troglodtye's heavy mining pick misses the drow. His flurry of blows deals 4 damage to the troglodyte. Folka shifts 1 square.
Folka spends an action point! He then uses five storms, which hits both drow and the troglodtye for 11 damage. He also dazes the troglodyte with surprise strike.
The troglodtye mauler shifts 1 square.
Bernkastel moves forward and moves her spirit companion, risking an OA. The troglodtye mauler 2's claw misses Bernkastel, and it takes 7 radiant damage from Torinn's divine sanction. Bernkastel then uses healing spirit on Torinn, allowing Torinn to spend a surge and regain 19 hit points, and Folka also regains 7 hit points. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344655/
Bernkastel uses direct the strike on Sureiya, allowing Sureiya to make a basic attack.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (AA-[-1]) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-9) 42/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex, blinded
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 49/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-6) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (U-8) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (X-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -34 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-9) -23 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (W-5) -33 HP, Cursed (Myn), Sanctioned (Torinn)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (Y-8) -11 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (Y-9) -11 HP, center of burst 1 cloud of darkness
Flame Imp 1: (Q-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (T-12) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7675 edit
At the Shaman order, Sureiya attepts striking again the foul creature
MBA (miss) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344670/
>> No. 7678 edit
File 132762219440.png - (817.87KB , 1069x675 , chasmR.png )
7678
At the shaman's command, Sureiya strikes with his blade, but it is repelled by the thick reptilian hide of the troglodyte.

Sureiya's melee basic attack misses the troglodtye mauler.
I also fixed stuff for the first flurry of blows I missed.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-5) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-9) 42/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex, blinded
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 49/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-6) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (U-8) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (X-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -34 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (X-11) -27 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (W-5) -33 HP, Cursed (Myn), Sanctioned (Torinn)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (Y-8) -11 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (Y-9) -11 HP, center of burst 1 cloud of darkness
Flame Imp 1: (Q-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (T-12) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7679 edit
>>7678


After a brief struggle, Myn beings to slowly rot away beneath the rubble.

Move action: Escape check.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3345317/
Again:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3345318/

>> No. 7681 edit
File 13276423516.png - (818.32KB , 1069x675 , chasmS.png )
7681
As Myn struggles under the rubble, the troglodyte near Sureiya jumps back and charges around the shaman in an attempt to bring its heavy mining pick down on the dragonborn. However, the paladin's shield turns the pick away, denying it a hit.

Myn fails to escape twice.
The troglodtye mauler shifts away (which opens an opportunity for Sureiya to use battle awareness if he likes, it then charges Torinn with its heavy mining pick, but misses.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-5) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-9) 42/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex, blinded
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 49/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (P/Q-7/8) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-6) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (U-8) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (X-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -34 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (X-11) -27 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -33 HP, Cursed (Myn), Sanctioned (Torinn)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (Y-8) -11 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (Y-9) -11 HP, center of burst 1 cloud of darkness
Flame Imp 1: (Q-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (T-12) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7682 edit
File 129875666734.png - (15.61KB , 217x157 , kanonheh_ib4f.png )
7682
Reacting at the troglodyte intent to leave, the ranger swings his blade with ease.
"I said I would deal with the reptile scum, why don't you stay for a while?!"
Battle Awareness immediate reaction: MBA against the troglodyte (13 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3345688/
>> No. 7684 edit
File 130298743761.png - (199.33KB , 398x554 , you are so puny.png )
7684
Rutger swats at the troglodyte that pursues him, while Torinn outright ignores the threat. "Sankis isn't here to bail you out or punish your slaves right now. It's just us." the cavalier growls. Rutger leaps to the other side to cut off escape for the downed not-azer, both of them towering over the creature, Torinn's status of being on fire only lending to the menace he exudes, "And here you are, surrounded, dazed, confused, and outmatched."

Torinn and Rutger slowly advance on the taskmaster, as he continues to chide the creatrue. "So go ahead. Beg for mercy. Beg Sankis to save your sorry self. Better yet, beg for help from those you enslaved. Show them how weak you are. Show them how pitiful you truly are, unable to fight for yourself, how feeble you are without them backing you up." His blade spears the taskmaster with light before he follows through with a precise slash, knocking the taskmaster senseless yet again."Reveal what a sorry, sniveling, craven coward you are, azer!"

Raking Claw reaction: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3345788/ (16, 8)
Standard Action: Holy Smite on Taskmaster: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3345804/ (32, 15)
Athletics check to jump to M/N, 8/9: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3345798/ (21, geez)
(glad I rolled athletics first)

>> No. 7685 edit
saving throw: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3346819/ (15)
>> No. 7686 edit
File 132772120122.png - (817.21KB , 1069x675 , chasmT.png )
7686
The troglodtye's movements provoke attacks from both Sureiya and Rutger, and though the tiger misses its mark, the half-orc's attack finds its flesh and leaves the reptilian creature bloodied.

Torinn just barely leaps over the taksmaster on his mount, then turns his blade on the dwarf-like creature with a heavy smite. "Bahhahahaha! Don't get cocky, whelpling! The fun's just gettin' started!" it cries out in response to Torinn's taunt.

One of the imps moves up, chattering all the while, and fires off another bolt of flame, this time striking the eladrin rather firmly, setting her alight. The drow takes advantage of this by swinging its blade futilely at the monk, and quickly hopping out of the melee line towards the shaman and mage.

Sariel is on fire!

Sureiya's battle awareness grants him a melee basic attack, which hits the troglodtye mauler 2 for 13 damage.
Rutger's raking claw misses the troglodtye mauler 2.
Rutger just barely clears the taskmaster's head because it's a dwarf. The troglodtye mauler's heavy mining pick misses Torinn, but marks him until the end of the troglodtye's next turn.
Torinn's valiant strike with holy smite hits Sankis's taskmaster for 9 damage plus 6 radiant damage, and dazes it until the end of his next turn.
Torinn saves against ongoing fire damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3346798/
Sankis's taskmaster's fiery whip misses Torinn.
Flame imp 2's flame bolt hits Sariel for 16 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Drow shadowblade 2's drow long knife misses Folka and it shifts 3 squares. It then shifts 1 square.
Sariel takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-5) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-9) 42/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex, blinded
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 49/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-6) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (U-8) 31/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (X-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -49 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (X-11) -27 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -46 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (Y-8) -11 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-7) -11 HP, center of burst 1 cloud of darkness
Flame Imp 1: (Q-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (O-10) lightly obscured

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the pillar is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7696 edit
Sariel, despite the burning flames, raises her blade to channel her magic's power, invading minds with tendrils and tentacles.

Move: Shift to F8, Roth makes Escape Check:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3348116/

Standard: Grasping Shadows, P-9.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3348121/
Lol Invisible Castle.

Minor: Mark T-7 Drow.

>> No. 7697 edit
Save against ongoing damage: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3348291/
... wasted a 20.

>> No. 7700 edit
File 132780772755.png - (828.28KB , 1069x675 , chasmU.png )
7700
As Sariel moves forward, her displacer beast companion manages to shake off most of the debris covering it, which frees up its movement, though it has yet to stand up. The mage conjures a zone of shadowy illusions, which grasp firmly to the taskmaster and nearby flame imp, restricting their movements. As an afterthought, the eladrin places a shielding aegis on the nearest drow.

The other drow and flame imp move quickly to continue to harass the adventurers--the drow again misses the monk, but manages to dart out of the fray, clearly trying to avoid the leafy wall the ranger created, while the flame imp dances farther away from the action and re-ignites the mounted cavalier with a second ball of flame.

Sariel moves and Roth escapes.
Sariel's grasping shadows hits the taskmaster and the flame imp for 16 psychic damage and they are slowed until the end of Sariel's next turn.
Sariel uses her aegis of shielding on drow shadowblade 2. Sariel saves against ongoing fire damage.
Drow shadowblade 1 shifts 1 square. It then uses drow long knife but misses, and shifts 3 squares.
Flame imp 1 moves, then uses flame bolt, which hits Torinn for 10 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-5) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 2, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-9) 42/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex, blinded
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 39/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (X-6) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 31/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (X-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -65 HP, dazed, slowed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (X-11) -27 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -46 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn)
Drow Shadowblade 1: (V-10) -11 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-7) -11 HP, aegis of shielding
Flame Imp 1: (M-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (O-10) lightly obscured -16 HP, slowed

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
Sariel's grasping shadows creates a zone that deals 5 psychic damage to and slows creatures that enter it until the end of its next turn.
>> No. 7702 edit
File 132781191277.png - (195.81KB , 661x478 , kanontroll2.png )
7702
"Fun? That's over for you little man!"
Not happy seeing his target run, Sureiya prey the troglodyte again. This time he elegantly move around the beast making a short stop, just to quickly move foward the reptile, striking him at full force, not once but twice! Although the second hit didn't seem to land, the ranger don't see it as a threat anymore. So taking a chance on the Taskmaster he leaps toward the firy dwarf, swinging his once blade again.
"I'm sorry bud, we have no time to deal with a minion like you!"
The rest, well is not even funny.
Movement action: Move to R-5
Standard action: Two-wolf pounce! Attacking the troglodyte twice, shifting to P-7 and attacking the Taskmaster. (28 damage points to the troglodyte, 18 to the Taskmaster)
Minor action:Off-hand strike! + Furious assault(21 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3348531/
Free action: Action point! Twin strike! (11 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3348537/

>> No. 7704 edit
File 132781715673.png - (827.70KB , 1069x675 , chasmV.png )
7704
Sureiya becomes a whirlwind of attacks as he dashes across the battlefield, first handily striking down the nearby troglodtye, then turning his blade with a pounce in the taskmaster, slicing thrice with his off-hand weapon before missing once with his main-hand. The taskmaster is bleeding pretty heavily now, and it groans slightly.

Sureiya moves, then uses two-wolf pounce, hitting the troglodtye mauler once for 26 damage, which kills it, and missing with the secondary attack. He then shifts and makes the secondary attack, which hits Sankis's taskmaster for 18 damage. He then uses off-hand strike, which hits Sankis's taskmaster for 22 damage. He then spends an action point, and uses twin strike, which misses once and hits once for 11 damage, bloodying the taskmaster.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-5) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-9) 42/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 39/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-7) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 31/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (X-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -116 HP (Bloodied), dazed, slowed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (X-11) -27 HP, dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (V-10) -11 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-7) -11 HP, aegis of shielding
Flame Imp 1: (M-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (O-10) lightly obscured -16 HP, slowed

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
Sariel's grasping shadows creates a zone that deals 5 psychic damage to and slows creatures that enter it until the end of its next turn.
>> No. 7705 edit
File 13129932721.jpg - (82.56KB , 284x312 , uryufufu.jpg )
7705
"Still having 'fun', you scum?" Torinn taunts.
>> No. 7716 edit
"I'll deal with this one, you guys take care of that other drow if you can!" Folka shouts out to the rest of the party.

He shifts towards the Troglodyte, ready to strike, but hesitates, forgetting what the attack was called for a moment before just shrugging and going through with it anyway. He takes up a stance which unknown to others, is gathering up chi, before suddenly striking a heavy blow in the troglodyte's stomach. Unseen to the others as well is a large amount of chi being expelled through the other side of the target. For good measure he strikes it once more with a swift kick to the face.



Move Action:Shift 1 square east
Standard Action:Open the Gate of Battle vs troglodyte's reflexes
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3349754/
No Action:flurry of blows,4 damage, no slide
Minor:none

>> No. 7721 edit
File 132790282598.png - (828.79KB , 1069x675 , chasmW.png )
7721
Folka slams hard into the troglodyte, knocking it in a bit of a stupor to the north, as it swings its claw that's not holding the mining pick in retaliation. The monk easily avoids the blow.

Folka's open the gate of battle hits the troglodtye mauler for 18 damage, plus 4 extra damage from his flurry of blows.
Troglodtye mauler 1 shifts 1 square and uses claw, which misses Folka.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-5) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 42/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 39/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), marked (Mauler 2)
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-7) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 31/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (X-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -116 HP (Bloodied), dazed, slowed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-11) -49 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (V-10) -11 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-7) -11 HP, aegis of shielding
Flame Imp 1: (M-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (O-10) lightly obscured -16 HP, slowed

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
Sariel's grasping shadows creates a zone that deals 5 psychic damage to and slows creatures that enter it until the end of its next turn.
>> No. 7728 edit
File 132798462680.png - (106.83KB , 268x337 , ber_a14_def2.png )
7728
As an iron archon makes use of its affinity for metallic weapons, the shaman calls to the taskmaster. "By the way, sir with the whip. I've been wondering, how should we to refer to your... species?"

Minor actions: Dismiss, call spirit companion to O-8, elevation 1. 4 tHP for Torinn.
Standard action: Sly Fox Spirit, as requested. Torinn attacks first, and if he hits, Sureiya follows. +1 item bonus to granted basic attacks.

I changed my mind about action pointing since we've apparently spent four.

>> No. 7729 edit
File 130351934563.jpg - (93.50KB , 434x290 , dragon rage.jpg )
7729
>>7728
Torinn's blade thrums with power as he slashes at the taskmaster. "Not so cocky now, are you, villain?"
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3351472/ (27, 7)
Now Sureiya attacks

>> No. 7730 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
7730
Keeping the pressure up for the dwarfy creature, the ranger won't stop attacking him
"Oh come on dude! Won't you even try to defend yourself?!"
MBA against Taskmaster (12 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3351478/
>> No. 7731 edit
File 132798592841.png - (828.12KB , 1069x675 , chasmX.png )
7731
With Bernkastel's spiritual guidance, Sureiya and Torinn both hack into the taskmaster with their blades. The taskmaster seems to be taking the blows in stride, and hunkers down, growling.

Bernkastel dismisses and resummons her spirit companion, granting 4 THP to Torinn.
Bernkastel uses sly fox spirit, which allows Torinn to use a mba which hits for 7 damage, and Sureiya uses a mba which hits for 12 damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Troglodyte Mauler 2 (Enemy): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-4) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 43/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 40/58 HP + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-7) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 31/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -135 HP (Bloodied), dazed, slowed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-11) -53 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (V-10) -15 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-7) -15 HP, aegis of shielding
Flame Imp 1: (M-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP, slowed

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
Sariel's grasping shadows creates a zone that deals 5 psychic damage to and slows creatures that enter it until the end of its next turn.
>> No. 7732 edit
Myn gets out of the rubble and curses something and also shoots something.

Move action: Escape rubble.
Roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3351492/

Move action: Stand up.

Minor action: Curse Drow Shadowblade 2.

(AP) Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Sankis's Taskmaster.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3351499/
Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3351502/

>> No. 7733 edit
File 13279882552.png - (828.76KB , 1069x675 , chasmY.png )
7733
Myn manages to struggle his way out of the rocks, and stands with just enough time to place a curse on the nearby drow.

Myn escapes, then stands and curses the nearby drow. The taskmaster isn't in range for the attack so I'm not sure what to do there, do you want to attack a different creature or save the AP?

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-4) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, Concealment prone, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 43/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 40/58 HP + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-7) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 31/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (O-8) -135 HP (Bloodied), dazed, slowed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-11) -53 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (V-10) -15 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-7) -15 HP, aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 1: (M-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP, slowed

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
Sariel's grasping shadows creates a zone that deals 5 psychic damage to and slows creatures that enter it until the end of its next turn.
>> No. 7736 edit
File 129714137584.jpg - (24.83KB , 272x244 , evil eye.jpg )
7736
"It's over," Torinn chides the taskmaster. "You've already lost, you just don't know it yet. You're already on your last leg, while we have more than enough resources to take you down. The only, only reason we're holding back is because we don't think you're enough of a threat to waste them on, and would rather carve up your master Sankis with our awesome power. But if you continue to be an obstacle in our mission..." Torinn leaves the statement hanging, but Rutger looks at the Azer as though he were made of sirloin. It's extremely unnerving.

"So do you want to give up now and release your hold over your prisoners, or do you want to die?"
Intimidate the taskmaster:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3352073/ (29)
>> No. 7738 edit
Saving throw : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3352168/ (15)
>> No. 7741 edit
File 13280294972.png - (828.84KB , 1069x675 , chasmZ.png )
7741
The taskmaster looks up at the threatening dragonborn, his eyes ablaze. He says one word: "Burn." As soon as he says this, he leaps back, and a torrent of flame erupts from his mouth, enveloping the half-orc, the dragonborn, and his mount completely. Rutger's thick coat manages to protect him from the flames, though Torinn's armor only serves to conduct the heat directly to his body. However, in a valiant act of sacrifice, Torinn projects a divine shield to protect the half-orc and redirect even more of the flames to him. Still, the half-orc looks as dazed and aflame as the dragonborn.

The taskmaster raises his free hand, then clenches it into a fist. Instantly, Torinn and Rutger feel a brief burning sensation as if something was attempting to ignite them, though ineffectively. Sureiya is not so lucky, and the fact that he is already burning seems to make the fiery attack three times as worse as it would have otherwise been.

The taskmaster reaches into its deepest reserves of strength to lash out with extra force with its burning whip, striking the half-orc head on.

Torinn's attempt to intimidate the taskmaster fails. It won't surrender when it still has plenty of allies left.
The taskmaster shifts 1 square, taking 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance, then uses conflagrate, which hits Torinn and Sureiya for 15 fire damage, and both take ongoing 5 fire damage and are dazed (save ends both). It misses Rutger for 7 fire damage (reduced to 2). Torinn uses righteous shield to take the 15 damage in Sureiya's place, and granting himself a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of his next turn. (Sureiya can try to use disruptive strike here if he wants, but it'd have to be the ranged version since it shifted 1 square).
As a minor action the taskmaster uses incinerate, which misses Torinn and Rutger but hits Sureiya for 11 fire damage (Incinerate deals extra damage to targets taking ongoing fire damage).
The taskmaster spends an action point! It then uses fiery whip, which hits Sureiya for 10 fire damage, and slides him 2 squares. This is a good chance to use dimensional vortex (I haven't yet done the slide).


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-4) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 43/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 9/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-7) 34/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 31/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (P-9) -142 HP (Bloodied), slowed
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-11) -53 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (V-10) -15 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-7) -15 HP, aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 1: (M-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP, slowed

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
Sariel's grasping shadows creates a zone that deals 5 psychic damage to and slows creatures that enter it until the end of its next turn.
>> No. 7743 edit
"Ya know, you don't need to take all the punishment, allow me to stop bastard!" Still feeling the flames from the elemental dwarf, Sureiya attempts to stop his second attack throwing his blade at him. However he is unable to aim his attack very well
Immediate reaction: Disruptive strike! (attack roll: 20, damage 20 (maybe less) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3352279/
>> No. 7749 edit
Sariel uses her ineffective spell again.

Dim Vort: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3353733/

If it somehow does hit, teleport him adjacent the pillar and attack the pillar.

>> No. 7768 edit
File 132815551357.png - (775.37KB , 1069x675 , chasmZA.png )
7768
The taskmaster ends up near the pillar thanks to Sariel's timely teleportation magic, and inadvertently whips his fiery whip around the weak stone support, dragging it down and causing the ceiling to collapse on top of him. He mutters a string of loud, sharp words that are probably dwarven curses.

The flame imp, undeterred by the pace of the battle, scampers away out of the grasping shadows to launch another fiery bolt, which strikes Sariel head-on, igniting the unfortunate eladrin. The drow shifts through the battlefield, and attempts to strike at Sariel with its blade.

Sariel's dimensional vortex hits the Taskmaster, teleporting it adjacent to the pillar, which it then destroys.
Which hits for 10 damage, but the dwarf saves against being knocked prone, though it's still trapped.
The flame imp moves 2 squares and uses flame bolt, which hits Sariel for 12 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
The drow shadowblade uses drow long knife, shifting 3 squares before the attack. It attacks Sariel, now's a good time to use powerful warning.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-4) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 43/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 9/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-7) 44/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 19/51 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -152 HP (Bloodied), slowed, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-11) -53 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (V-10) -15 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (U-9) -15 HP, aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 1: (M-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP, slowed

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
Sariel's grasping shadows creates a zone that deals 5 psychic damage to and slows creatures that enter it until the end of its next turn.
>> No. 7769 edit
File 132815845519.png - (113.76KB , 264x336 , ber_a23_odoroki1ase.png )
7769
>>7728
>>7731
"Tell us, before my allies end up killing you!"

Meanwhile, the transient iron archon from earlier reappears to channel its strength through Sariel.

Immediate interrupt: Powerful Warning for Sariel, +2 power bonus to all defenses against the drow's attack and a granted MBA vs. the drow with a +1 item bonus to the attack roll.
>> No. 7770 edit
Strengthened by Bernkastel's archon, Sariel lashes out at the attacking Drow, swiping her sword with elegant purpose.

MBA: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3354905/
>> No. 7771 edit
File 132815963517.png - (775.35KB , 1069x675 , chasmZB.png )
7771
The drow strikes out with its knife, and though it looks like for a moment it will miss, the taskmaster whips it with his fiery lash, giving the drow enough incentive to hit, though it takes some pain in the process. However, a last-second spiritual warning from the shaman prepares the eladrin enough to defend against the blow, and her counter-attack leaves the drow bleeding heavily. It hops away, hoping to avoid a deadly reprisal.

Drow shadowblade 2's drow long knife misses Sariel, but then the lash of the taskmaster lets it reroll with a +2 bonus, which hits (the drow takes 5 fire damage). However, powerful warning allows Sariel to make a melee basic attack, which hits for 17 damage and causes the drow to miss.
The drow shadowblade shifts 1 square.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-4) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 43/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 9/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-7) 44/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 19/51 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light, prone
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -152 HP (Bloodied), slowed, trapped (Escape DC 16)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-11) -53 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (V-10) -15 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (U-9) -37 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 1: (M-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP, slowed

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
Sariel's grasping shadows creates a zone that deals 5 psychic damage to and slows creatures that enter it until the end of its next turn.
>> No. 7772 edit
Sariel stands back, sending a flurry of warriors after the Taskmaster as she beats her retreat.

Meanwhile, Roth stops sleeping around.


Move: To X5, Roth stands from Prone
Standard: Winged Horde, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3354954/
Saving against burning: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3354956/

>> No. 7773 edit
File 132816342875.png - (767.54KB , 1069x675 , chasmZC.png )
7773
Sariel does burn a bit, but she then moves as her kitty cat stands up from the rubble, and dispatches a horde of illusionary warriors to damage and distract the taskmaster, which they do quite effectively.

One of the drow finally gets its edge and stalks towards the shaman, striking her with a poison blade. As Bernkastel feels the strength disappear from her legs, it's all she can do to keep from falling over as a cloud of darkness envelops her, and the drow disappears from sight.

The flame imp has less luck in trying to finish off the paladin with a bolt of flame, and it dances forward to look for better targets.

Sariel takes ongoing 5 fire damage.
Sariel moves, and Roth stands from prone.
Sariel uses winged horde, which hits the taskmaster for 12 psychic damage, and it can't take OAs until the end of Sariel's next turn.
Sariel saves against ongoing fire damage.
Drow shadowblade 1 moves, then uses cloud of darkness. It attacks using drow long knife, which crits for 16 damage, and its spider venom blade causes Bernkastel to take ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilizes her (save ends both). It then shifts 2 squares and hides, doing a poor job of it, though creatures with passive perception lower than 16 can't see it.
Flame imp 1's flame bolt misses Torinn, and it then moves.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-4) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 43/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 31/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), blinded while in the cloud of darkness
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 9/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-7) 44/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 14/51 HP (Bloodied)
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -164 HP (Bloodied), trapped (Escape DC 16), can't take opportunity actions
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-11) -53 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (U-6) -15 HP, hidden (Perception DC 16)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (V-8) -37 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 1: (R-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
Sariel's grasping shadows creates a zone that deals 5 psychic damage to and slows creatures that enter it until the end of its next turn.
>> No. 7775 edit
File 132820271150.png - (74.24KB , 527x442 , anon_point.png )
7775
"I-I won't let you escape! Forfeit now and your life shall be spared!"
Still dazed, the ranger makes a (weak) attempt to intimidate the Taskmaster, however he doesn't seem like the coward type. This may change with a few more swings, though.
Standard action: Charge with marauder rush at R-11 (15 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3356431/
Save throw: (4) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3356432/

>> No. 7782 edit
File 132822587583.png - (766.54KB , 1069x675 , chasmZD.png )
7782
Sureiya continues to be distracted by the fact that he is burning, but he does manage to charge into the rubble to slice into the taskmaster once more, who appears quite wounded now.

Sureiya takes ongoing 5 fire damage.
Sureiya charges with marauder's rush, which hits for 15 damage.
Sureiya fails his save.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-4) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (X-10) 43/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 31/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), blinded while in the cloud of darkness
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 9/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 39/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 14/51 HP (Bloodied)
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -179 HP (Bloodied), trapped (Escape DC 16), can't take opportunity actions
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (W-11) -53 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (U-6) -15 HP, hidden (Perception DC 16)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (V-8) -37 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 1: (R-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7784 edit
Thrown off by the once again apparent smell from the Troglodyte, Folka's attempt to finish off the mauler misses, leaving him cursing to himself as he gets closer to it to prevent it from rushing any of his allies. "Just die already you smelly bastard!"



Standard Action: Monk Basic Attack vs mauler's reflex, miss
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3358081/
Move Action: Shift 1 square north

>> No. 7785 edit
File 132824763614.png - (766.86KB , 1069x675 , chasmZE.png )
7785
Folka and the troglodtye exchange shifts and blows, though the troglodyte ends up getting the better of the monk this time, slicing him deep across the stomach with a claw. Meanwhile, the shaman seems to be in a heap of trouble...

Folka's monk basic attack misses the troglodyte mauler. Folka shifts.
Troglodtye mauler 1 shifts 1 square then uses claw, which hits Folka for 17 damage.
Bernkastel takes ongoing 5 poison damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-4) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (W-10) 26/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 26/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), blinded while in the cloud of darkness
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 9/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 39/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 14/51 HP (Bloodied)
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -179 HP (Bloodied), trapped (Escape DC 16), can't take opportunity actions
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -53 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (U-6) -15 HP, hidden (Perception DC 16)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (V-8) -37 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 1: (R-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7787 edit
File 129457034059.png - (8.75KB , 107x107 , hi nerd.png )
7787
"I'm okay."

Standard action: Second wind.
Minor action: Spirit's Sacrifice. It grants Torinn a save and the SC disappears.
Minor action: Inspiring Word for Sariel.

>> No. 7788 edit
>>7787
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3358538/
>> No. 7790 edit
>>7787
>>7789
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3358569/
>> No. 7792 edit
Saving throw: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3358596/ (5)
>> No. 7794 edit
File 13283245841.png - (795.06KB , 1069x675 , chasmZE.png )
7794
The shaman takes a moment to recover her own strength before attempting to infuse her spirit companion in the paladin to shake off his fiery condition, though he cannot seem to manage it. She settles for instead quickly granting Sariel a spiritual inspiration for some quick healing. She's still feeling the effects of the drow's poison, however.

Bernkastel uses her second wind, spending a healing surge to regain 11 hit points. She also gains a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of her next turn.
Bernkastel uses spirit's sacrifice to grant Torinn a save, which fails.
Bernkastel uses inspiring word, allowing Sariel to spend a surge to regain 19 hit points.
Bernkastel's save fails.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-4) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (W-10) 26/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), blinded while in the cloud of darkness, +2 to all defenses
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 9/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 39/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 33/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -179 HP (Bloodied), trapped (Escape DC 16), can't take opportunity actions
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -53 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (U-6) -15 HP, hidden (Perception DC 16)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (V-8) -37 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 1: (R-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7795 edit
Stumbling through the surrounding rubble, Myn sends much magic to the impoverished realms of the north.

Immediate reaction: Use Life Siphon on imouto ongoing damage prior to start of turn.

Move action: Move to Z-8.
Minor action: Curse Troglodtye Mauler 1.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Troglodtye Mauler 1.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3359566/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3359572/

(AP) Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Sankis's Taskmaster.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3359579/
(reroll) Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3359584/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3359585/

>> No. 7797 edit
File 132835807062.png - (794.79KB , 1069x675 , chasmZF.png )
7797
Making his way out of the rubble, the warlock launches a pair of devastating attacks that leave the troglodtye and its slavemaster reeling--but still standing.

Myn moves. He then uses eldritch blast, which hits the troglodyte mauler for 17 damage.
Myn spends an action point! His shared agony hits Sankis's taskmaster for 20 damage (with tactical assault).
Torinn takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (W-10) 26/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), blinded while in the cloud of darkness, +2 to all defenses
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 4/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Rutger (Astaroth): (M/N-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 39/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 33/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -199 HP (Bloodied), trapped (Escape DC 16), can't take opportunity actions
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -70 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (U-6) -15 HP, hidden (Perception DC 16)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (V-8) -37 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 1: (R-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (P-10) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7799 edit
"In the name of the mighty platinum dragon," Torinn slurs, barely holding on to his consciousness as Rutger surges forward, "I smite thee." The last thing the taskmaster sees is a pair of powerful jaws ripping into its neck.
Crit with charge/bite for 20 damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3360147/
>> No. 7802 edit
/save http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3360251/
>> No. 7825 edit
File 132842995282.png - (794.44KB , 1069x675 , chasmZG.png )
7825
Torinn's battle-mount pounces on the taskmaster, tearing a nearly-lethal wound in its shoulder. However, it seems to hold onto some last vestige of strength, staying on its feet. It howls in pain, and turns towards Torinn with eyes burning with rage.

"It'll be satisfyin', breakin' ye!" it calls out, "Now BURN!" Clenching his fist, Torinn feels the same feeling as before, as if an unseen force was trying to catch him ablaze--but he resist the effects. Sureiya is not so lucky, and the flames lingering on his person flare up, burning him very badly. The half-orc glares daggers at his aggressor, eyes filled with the desire to fight on. The taksmaster struggles a bit, trying to pull itself free of the rocks, but can't manage to do so.

The flame imp scampers to the back of the cavern, clearly avoiding the giant tiger, and launches a fireball at the mounted dragonborn. Its aim is terrible, however, and the bolt of flame doesn't even come close to striking Torinn.

One of the drow slinks into the darkness, disappearing from sight, until a poisoned blade slices through the air and pierces Sariel's flesh, wounding her and inflicting the effects of a potent spider poison on the unfortunate mage. The drow attempts to hide again, but its fumbling attempt leaves it more vulnerable to the more perceptive party members.

Rutger charges, provoking an OA from flame imp 2 which misses. His bite crits for 20 damage, which does not quite kill the taskmaster.
Sankis's taskmaster uses incinerate, which misses Torinn but crits Sureiya for 24 fire damage. Sureiya gains 5 temporary hit points from half-orc resilience since he is bloodied.
The taskmaster's fiery lash misses Torinn.
The taskmaster fails to escape.
Flame imp 2 misses Torinn with a natural 1. Darned lucky, that attack targets reflex.
Drow shadowblade 2 moves and then hides. It uses drow long knife (ranged), which hits Sariel for 14 damage, and its spider venom blade adds ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both) to the effect. The drow then moves again, but its hide check is a lot less successful. It draws another drow long knife with its minor action.
Sariel takes ongoing 5 poison damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (W-10) 26/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), blinded while in the cloud of darkness, +2 to all defenses
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Q/R-11/12) 4/58 HP (Bloodied)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Q/R-11/12) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 15/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary Hit Points, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 14/51 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both)
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -215 HP (Bloodied), trapped (Escape DC 16), can't take opportunity actions
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -70 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (U-6) -15 HP, hidden (Perception DC 16)
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -37 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn), hidden (Perception DC 16)
Flame Imp 1: (R-3) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
The drow's cloud of darkness creates a temporary zone of complete darkness for anything other than the drow. Line of sight is blocked by the zone, and anything other than the drow in the zone is blind.
>> No. 7851 edit
Sariel, ignoring the numbing pain in her legs, conjures another flurry of spectral warriors, taking along one side of the cloud of darkness while going along - if there's any enemy mind in there, they'll see the warriors as well.

Standard: Winged Horde U-9.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3363572/

Minor Action: Swap Light from Folka to Bernkastel.

Move Action: Roth to X-6.

Saving throw, +2 due to Amulet: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3363576/

>> No. 7852 edit
File 132854908533.png - (788.49KB , 1069x675 , chasmZH.png )
7852
Sariel's signature horde of illusionary warriors doesn't seem to distract the troglodtye at all, but something in the darkness was clearly affected. In retaliation, a knife comes hurtling out of the darkness, but gets tangled in the foliage the ranger conjured before it can reach Sariel. Shortly before the cloud of darkness disappears, one of the drow darts out of it, and quickly retreats to the far north end of the room.

One of the flame imps attempts to land a fiery attack on the nearby shaman, but she is still bracing herself after gathering her strength from before and manages to shrug off the flames. It too retreats to the north end of the room, seeing the situation in the south deteriorating.

The half-orc is still on fire and has seen better days.

Sariel's winged horde misses the troglodtye mauler but hits drow shadowblade 2 for 8 psychic damage, and it can't take opportunity actions until the end of Sariel's next turn.
Sariel saves against her poison damage and immobilization. Drow shadowblade 1 doesn't recharge spider venom blade.
Drow shadowblade 1 misses Sariel with drow long knife (thrown), then shifts 3 squares. It draws another long knife and then moves away.
Flame imp 1's flame bolt misses Bernkastel, and it hops away.
Sureiya takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (W-10) 26/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), +2 to all defenses
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Q/R-11/12) 4/58 HP (Bloodied)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Q/R-11/12) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 15/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 14/51 HP (Bloodied)
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -215 HP (Bloodied), trapped (Escape DC 16)
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -70 HP (Bloodied)
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-11) -15 HP
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -45 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions
Flame Imp 1: (M-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7857 edit
File 132856473455.gif - (168.97KB , 380x280 , 5dcbd53f_clap.gif )
7857
Still feeling the blazes through his whole body, Sureiya focus his eyes, only to see the Taskmaster under the rubble. Even after bleeding quite strongly and being trapped, that bastard didn't give up. The ranger understand this kind of pride, but he wonders if this time it's only the result of the Duegar slavery and mind control.
"You fought hard, but we have a mission to accomplish, and I won't allow you guys to stop us!" Saying this, the ranger grit his teeth and attacks the trapped dwarf twice.
Standard action: Twin strike (13 points of damage, probably) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3363846/
>> No. 7860 edit
File 132858290348.png - (787.58KB , 1069x675 , chasmZI.png )
7860
Though Sureiya's first blade misses its mark, the second strike is a clean hit, which drains the last of the taskmaster's strength. The fire slowly fades from its body as it slumps forward on both knees, then falls forward on its face, gurgling slightly.

This has an immediate effect on the three remaining slaves, who appear still battle-ready, but a bit distracted.

Sureiya's twin strike misses once and hits once for 13 damage. This finishes the taskmaster off. The slaves seem to fall into a bit of a stupor, and are dazed until the end of their next turn.
Sureiya fails to save.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
Troglodyte Mauler 1: 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (W-10) 26/48 HP, +1 to all AC/Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), +2 to all defenses
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Q/R-11/12) 4/58 HP (Bloodied)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Q/R-11/12) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 15/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 14/51 HP (Bloodied)
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -70 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-11) -15 HP, dazed
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -45 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (M-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7862 edit
With the taskmaster taken down and some of the foes in a daze, Folka finally is able to finish off the Troglodyte Mauler. His fist comes from overhead in a hammering motion, just missing its head before coming to a stop near the center of its chest. He stops briefly for a moment, one inch away from the mauler's chest, before striking with extreme force. From the outside, the mauler seems fine, but inside, its organs are most likely destroyed.

Wasting no time with the fallen foe, he shouts,
"Now, feeble insects, I come for you next!"

He rushes across the battlefield and leaps from rock to rock on the debris before coming to a halt just feet away from one of the imps.



Standard Action:Monk basic attack vs mauler's reflex
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3364522/
IF IT DIES, do this, otherwise I guess i'll decide when i wake up?
Move Action:(movement technique)Steel wind, move 8 squares to O-7 (through difficult terrain, outlaw bonus for hills/mountains makes it so it doesn't affect me at all!)

>> No. 7863 edit
File 132861685055.png - (786.63KB , 1069x675 , chasmZJ.png )
7863
Folka's fist pummels the troglodtye square in the chest, knocking it down on the ground, apparently dead, or at least out of the fight. With that taken care of, the monk dashes across the battlefield, seeking to get in close to the dangerous flame imps that have been barraging the party with fireballs for the whole encounter.

Folka's monk basic attack hits the troglodtye mauler for 13 damage, which finishes it off.
Folka uses steel wind's movement technique to move 8 squares.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), +2 to all defenses
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Q/R-11/12) 4/58 HP (Bloodied)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Q/R-11/12) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 15/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (T-8) 14/51 HP (Bloodied)
Roth (Liliane): (Y-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, light
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-11) -15 HP, dazed
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -45 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (M-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7872 edit
File 132868908483.png - (845.79KB , 735x530 , eartharchons.png )
7872
Once the shaman's vision returns, she can clearly see the allies in various degrees of unhealth. "We can't fight for much longer. Please end it soon." As the spirit companion rejoins her in battle, the shaman taps the earth with her spear three times, once again whispering in an indiscernible language.

A great rumbling erupts from the fallen pillars. Slowly rising from the stony rubble are three powerful spirits of earth archons, and they immediately infuse nearby allies with their stalwart and indomitable nature. This particular conjuration, however, leaves the shaman looking much more drained.

Regardless, the shaman continues her calling. This time, minor spirits of elemental air appear to help re-position her allies.


Minor action: Call spirit companion to S-11, elevation 1, and give 4 temporary HP to Sureiya. Spirit's Sacrifice from earlier dismissed my spirit companion.
Standard action: Healer's Mercy. Torinn, Sureiya, and Sariel can each spend a healing surge, healing for their surge value plus one, and Battle Cleric's Lore grants them a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.
Move action: Reorient the Axis. Folka, Torinn, Sariel, and Roth can each shift 5 squares. It's up to them where they go etc.
As part of the move action, my spirit companion moves sufficiently out of the way as necessary.

>> No. 7876 edit
Sariel moves.

Spend a Surge, then shift to S8.
Roth was in the leaf wall per >>7851 and now moves to S7.

>> No. 7877 edit
Spend a healing surge
Shift to L/M 8/9

>> No. 7881 edit
File 132872975915.png - (752.01KB , 1069x675 , chasmZK.png )
7881
"Bernkastel" calls back her spirit companion, which projects a temporary spiritual shield over Sureiya as it does so. She then calls to the spirits, first healing her various wounded allies and then guiding them to more advantageous positions.

Bernkastel uses call spirit companion,, granting Sureiya 4 temporary HP.
Bernkastel uses healer's mercy, allowing Torinn to spend a surge and regain 20 hit points, Sariel to spend a surge and regain 13 hit points, and Sureiya to spend a surge and regain 15 hit points.
Bernkastel uses reorient the axis, allowing Folka, Roth, Sariel, and Torinn to reposition themselves.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Sankis's Taskmaster (Enemy): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), +2 to attacks
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 28/55 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP, +2 to attacks
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (S-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-11) -15 HP, dazed
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -45 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (M-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7882 edit
File 132873877287.gif - (13.28KB , 194x236 , georgehholdit.gif )
7882
>>7881

Dashing forward dashingly, Myn blasts the wounded with dark magic at extremely close range.

Move action: Move to U-8.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against shadowblade 2.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3367143/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3367149/

Minor action: Curse shadowblade 1.

>> No. 7883 edit
File 132874007463.png - (751.99KB , 1069x675 , chasmZL.png )
7883
Myn moves forward and blasts the nearest drow with eldritch energy, but it doesn't appear to be quite out of the fight yet.

Myn moves. Myn uses eldritch blast, which hits the drow shadowblade for 15 damage.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), +2 to attacks
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 28/55 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP, +2 to attacks
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (S-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-11) -15 HP, dazed
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -60 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (M-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -16 HP

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7885 edit
Reinvigorated, Torinn commands Rutger to move between the flame imps as he bolsters himself with holy strength. He brings his sword down on the unfortunate one caught between himself and Folka, catching both of them in his aura of retribution. He looks tired, but more so than that, he looks determined to end this.
Shift to K/L 7/8
Virtue
Valiant Strike against Flame Imp 2: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3367234/ (26, 10)

>> No. 7891 edit
File 132877124018.png - (839.38KB , 1069x675 , chasmZL.png )
7891
The paladin quickly shifts aside and restores his own vitality, before turning his blade on the nearby flame imp. The imp scampers away, but not before being left looking quite injured. It launches a bolt of flame at Torinn, striking him firmly and setting the dragonborn alight once more.

The drow, looking a bit dazed and confused, swings its sword feebly at the nearby eladrin, missing rather convincingly.

Torinn shifts.
Torinn uses virtue, spending a healing surge to gain 19 temporary hit points.
Torinn's valiant strike hits the flame imp 2 for 10 damage.
Flame imp 2 shifts back 1 square, taking 7 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance. This bloodies it. It then uses flame bolt, which hits Torinn for 10 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Drow shadowblade 2 misses Sariel with drow long knife.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-7/8) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), +2 to attacks, 19 temporary hit points
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 28/55 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP, +2 to attacks
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (S-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-11) -15 HP, dazed
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -60 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (I-7) lightly obscured
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -33 HP (Bloodied)

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7892 edit
Sariel smacks the Drow before her with the blunt side of her blade, imposing a magical penalty on it to stay put. Regardless of which, the eladrin strides up to the remaining Drow, not intent to permit it to attack without provoking the eladrin's fury.

She additionally imposes her mark on it.


Standard: Booming Blade, Drow 2, non-lethal: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3368400/
Move: Sariel to P-10, Roth to Q-10.

Minor: Mark Drow 1.

>> No. 7893 edit
File 13288119582.png - (846.40KB , 1069x675 , chasmZM.png )
7893
A solid hit from the flat of Sariel's magic sword knocks the drow out, and the mage along with her "familiar" move further into the fray. The eladrin's magical shielding mark should prevent the drow from being able to attack her allies effectively.

In response, the drow feebly swings its knife at Sariel, and while the attack is an utter failure, the distraction is enough to allow it to slip away, and regaining a bit of its senses. Suddenly, it gasps, and calls out, (Elven) "Huh--wha?! What's going on?"

The remaining fire imp steadily slips away from the paladin's imposing presence, though it suffers a bit of punishment in the process.

Sureiya is still burning.

Sariel's booming blade hits drow shadowblade 2 for 16 damage, which incapacitates it.
Sariel and Roth move.
Sariel places aegis of shielding on drow shadowblade 1.
Drow shadowblade 1 misses Sariel with a natural 1, and shifts 3 squares as a result of drow long knife.
Flame imp 1 shifts twice and takes 7 radiant damage from righteous radiance.
Sureiya takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 5, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-7/8) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), +2 to attacks, 19 temporary hit points
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-11) 27/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 14/51 HP (Bloodied), +2 to attacks
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (S-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-14) -15 HP, aegis of shielding
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -76 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (N-5) lightly obscured -7 HP, marked (Torinn)
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -33 HP (Bloodied), marked (Torinn)

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7894 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
7894
Not really worried of the flames, the orc grumbles.
"... Let's finish this soon, that guy gave me a headache."
Standard action: Marauding rush against imp 2, ending movement at O-6 (14 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3368552/
Saving throw: (2) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3368555/

>> No. 7895 edit
File 132881505419.png - (847.03KB , 1069x675 , chasmZN.png )
7895
Sureiya's charge leads to him cutting deeply into the flame imp's burning flesh, though he finds himself unable to put the fire out on himself.

Sureiya's marauder's rush hits flame imp 1 for 14 damage.
Sureiya fails his save.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 5, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 37/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-7/8) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), +2 to attacks, 19 temporary hit points
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-6) 27/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP, +2 to attacks
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (S-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-14) -15 HP, aegis of shielding
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -76 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (N-5) lightly obscured -21 HP, marked (Torinn)
Flame Imp 2: (I-7) lightly obscured -33 HP (Bloodied), marked (Torinn)

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7901 edit
>>7872
I forgot my saving throw. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3369147/ (18)
>> No. 7902 edit
In a daze during Bernkastel's directing of allies, Folka finally snaps out of the days and moves ahead a few squares, before suddenly moving to quickly flank the imp.

Spinning suddenly as soon as he gets behind it, he shouts,
"Special Delivery!" as a strong kick connects across its back and pushes it towards Torinn, but before it reaches him, punches it for a little extra damage.


Berns Reorient the Axis to shift 3 squares to L-10
Move action:Move 6 squares to H-7
Crane's Wings vs Imps Fortitude (push 1 square if it hits)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3369494/
No Action:(4 damage from flurry of blows)

>> No. 7913 edit
File 132891538149.png - (845.80KB , 1069x675 , chasmZN.png )
7913
A solid blow followed by a flurry of them from Folka sends the small imp reeling, placing it both dangerously close to a pillar and back in Torinn's threatening aura.

Folka moves. Folka's crane's wings hits the flame imp 2 for 8 damage, plus 4 damage from his flurry of blows. He pushes the imp 1 square.
Bernkastel takes ongoing 5 poison damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 5, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 28/47 HP, ongoing 5 poison damage and immobilized (save ends both), +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-7/8) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), +2 to attacks, 19 temporary hit points
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-6) 27/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), +2 to attacks
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP, +2 to attacks
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (S-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (X-9, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-14) -15 HP, aegis of shielding
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -76 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (N-5) lightly obscured -21 HP, marked (Torinn)
Flame Imp 2: (J-6) lightly obscured -45 HP (Bloodied), marked (Torinn)

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7914 edit
Rutger swats at the imp as it draws close.

Raking Claw attack : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3370360/ (16,10)
>> No. 7915 edit
File 131363047554.png - (37.96KB , 153x260 , confuzzled_.png )
7915

Saving throw from earlier etc sry. >>7901
Move action: Spirit of Athas to T-7, elevation 1. Spirit companion to O-7.
Standard action: Spirit Infusion, Sureiya vs. the N-5 imp. +2 power bonus and +1 item bonus to the attack roll, and +5 power bonus to the damage roll. The +2 untyped bonus to attack rolls from Healer's Mercy earlier should still apply.
Minor action: Call spirit companion to O-5 for 4 tHP to Sureiya.
I should no longer be weakened now.

>> No. 7916 edit
File 129875666734.png - (15.61KB , 217x157 , kanonheh_ib4f.png )
7916
Feeling the Shaman's order to attack, Sureiya doesn't feel like giving the imps a rest.
"If ya gonna run I would do it right now."
Meele Basic Attack against the imp: (17 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3371893/
>> No. 7919 edit
File 132906462820.png - (845.35KB , 1069x675 , chasmZO.png )
7919
Once the shaman's spirits move into position, the companion spirit infuses itself into Sureiya, granting him enough swiftness to strike with his blade one more time. His attack scores a powerful hit, leaving the flame imp looking quite battered, and it chatters weakly in its incomprehensible language. Afterwards, the shaman resummons her spirit, which grants the bloodied ranger a quick boost of vitality.

Bernkastel moves her spirit companion and elemental spirit.
Bernkastel uses spirit infusion, which allows Sureiya to make a melee basic attack, which hits for 17 damage to flame imp 1. This bloodies it.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 5, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 33/47 HP, +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-7/8) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), 19 temporary hit points
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-6) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-5)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (T-7) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-14) -15 HP, aegis of shielding
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -76 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (N-5) lightly obscured -38 HP, marked (Torinn)
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -45 HP (Bloodied), marked (Torinn)

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7927 edit
File 129903278742.png - (20.85KB , 200x200 , george_blastingwitheldritchmagic.png )
7927
>>7919

Pew.

Move action: Move to 0-6.
Minor action: Curse Imp 1.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Imp 1.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3372542/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3372543/

>> No. 7928 edit
File 132908525328.png - (845.04KB , 1069x675 , chasmZP.png )
7928
Myn moves further into the fray. He then utters a curse on the nearby flame imp before blasting it with his signature eldritch energy attack, leaving it looking quite wounded and almost ready to expire.

Myn moves, then curses flame imp 1. Assuming he moves to P-6 since Sureiya is standing at O-6.
Myn's eldritch blast hits flame imp 1 for 18 damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Drow Shadowblade 2 (Enemy): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 5, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 33/47 HP, +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-7/8) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), 19 temporary hit points
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-6) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-5)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (T-7) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-14) -15 HP, aegis of shielding
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -76 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed
Flame Imp 1: (N-5) lightly obscured -56 HP, marked (Torinn), cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -45 HP (Bloodied), marked (Torinn)

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7930 edit
Torinn takes a deep breath before striking down the imp caught in his punishing aura, then exhales. Almost serenely, the paladin snuffs out the flames consuming him, the imp now completely trapped.

Valiant Strike against nearby imp : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3372638/ (30 something)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3372640/ (9)
Saving throw: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3372641/ (14)

>> No. 7931 edit
File 132908525328.png - (845.04KB , 1069x675 , chasmZP.png )
7931
Torinn's blade leaves the imp barely clinging to existence.

Torinn's valiant strike hits flame imp 2 for 9 damage.
I don't know what the save is for?


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 25
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Flame Imp 2 (Enemy): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 16
Drow Shadowblade 1: 14
Flame Imp 1: 13
Sureiya (anon-kun): 13
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 12
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 11

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 5, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 33/47 HP, +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-7/8) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), 19 temporary hit points
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-6) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-5)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (T-7) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-14) -15 HP, aegis of shielding
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -76 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed INCAPACITATED
Flame Imp 1: (N-5) lightly obscured -56 HP, marked (Torinn), cursed (Myn)
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -54 HP (Bloodied), marked (Torinn)

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7932 edit
File 132909418231.jpg - (243.88KB , 495x550 , My Strength Is The Sword Of The Oppressed.jpg )
7932
The eladrin levels her sword at the last remaining drow.

"You," she starts in Elven, "we have not come here to fight you. You must be related to that high priestess we ran into, yes? I believe she was called Pellanistra." She idly conjures an image of the high priestess to the best of her memory.

Sariel thinks for a moment if that was the correct name. Then, deciding it isn't important, she adds, "Stay put. Your companion here is all right as well. If you must swing your weapon, swing it at the imps."

Without waiting to see the drow's response, Sariel plunges back into the battle field, flanking an imp, her sword at the ready.

Standard: Diplomacy to convince not to fight, Prestidigation for Image.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3372956/

Move: To M-4. Roth to T-5.
Minor: Mark Flame Imp 1 if it isn't already marked. Otherwise do nothing.

>> No. 7933 edit
Audio 19-Fanfare.mp3 - (1.31MB )
7933
The drow looks quite intimidated by the sight of six fully armed adventurers and their various animal companions looming over her, and takes quickly to Sariel's words, responding hesitantly in common, "A-ahhh... yes, the priestess sent me, she did..."

Strangely enough, the flame imps appear to suddenly weaken, and with a pair of popping noises, they combust into flames. Apparently they were too weak to survive without their master.

It would appear the threat has been removed.

Final Statistics (Sureiya still needs to save)
Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 5, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 33/47 HP, +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-7/8) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), 4 temporary hit points
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-6) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (M-4) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-5)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (T-7) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Leaf Wall (Sureiya): (X-4 to X-8) grants concealment to allies within and enemies within or adjacent grant CA

Enemies
Sankis's Taskmaster: (S-11) -228 HP (Bloodied) "DEAD"
Troglodtye Mauler 1: (V-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD
Troglodtye Mauler 2: (R-6) -74 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn) DEAD
Drow Shadowblade 1: (O-14) -15 HP, aegis of shielding
Drow Shadowblade 2: (T-8) -76 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), can't take opportunity actions, dazed INCAPACITATED
Flame Imp 1: (N-5) lightly obscured -56 HP, cursed (Myn) Combusted
Flame Imp 2: (J-7) lightly obscured -54 HP (Bloodied) Combusted

Notes
The stone supports are very fragile and prone to breaking. Whenever an attack that doesn't target Will misses a creature adjacent to the support, the support must succeed on a saving throw or be destroyed, but only if the support is in range of the attack. You can also directly attack the supports, and they function as objects. Any hit destroys them.
Troglodyte knowledge is nature. Drow knowledge is dunegoneering. Imp knowledge is arcana. Knowledge on the taskmaster could be either dunegoneering or arcana.
Enemies within the troglodtye's troglodtye stench aura 1 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls. The flame imps' squares are lightly obscured.
Being trapped means you cannot stand or move (as if you were immobilized) until you escape.
>> No. 7934 edit
Torinn allows himself to ungracefully fall forward, quite exhausted. "So very, very glad that's finally over," he states tiredly, casting a meaningful glance towards the taskmaster's corpse. "Bloody dwarf didn't know when he was beat."

Move down to P/Q 8/9
Start short rest
Wait for other people to spend surges first

>> No. 7935 edit
Satisfied, Sariel swings her blade once to wipe the blood off it, then approaches the drow that's still standing.

"Now, perhaps you can explain to us who you are and how you got caught." With a frown, she adds, "It might be prudent to inform us how many you number, too, if we're to save everyone." At the last three words, she throws a glance at Torinn: likely the Dragonborn has it in his mind to save everyone anyway.

The eladrin sighs.

>> No. 7936 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
7936
"Why do I always end bathed in blood? You guys don't look so hurt."
Short rest, will we use bern heal as well this time?
>> No. 7937 edit
>>7936
"For one, we're not burning," the eladrin notes coolly, while moving to assist Sureiya in dousing the flames.

Heal check to grant saving throw: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3373152/
Well, lol.

>> No. 7938 edit
One way or another, the magical flames finally dissapear from Sureiya.
(lol 19) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3373052/
>> No. 7944 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
7944
Final Stats for Reference
Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (U-8) 37/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (Y-5) Active Mode, invisible
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (H-7) 26/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (T-6) 33/47 HP, +2 to all defenses, light
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-7/8) 24/58 HP (Bloodied)
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-8/9) 27/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-6) 26/55 HP (Bloodied)
Sariel (Liliane): (S-8) 27/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (S-7) 8/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-5)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (T-7) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Surges Spent: (In battle)
Torinn: 2
Sariel: 2
Sureiya: 1
Bernkastel: 1
>> No. 7945 edit
File 132915075738.png - (832.85KB , 1069x675 , chasmZQ.png )
7945
"Ugh, my head," complains the drow, stumbling forward, and holding her knife in a more relaxed manner. "Tryin' to find Sankis... and then suddenly I was blindsided. Don't know what hit me. Memory after that's a bit fuzzy..."

The drow seems quite disoriented, but as far as Bernkastel's passive insight can tell, he's being truthful about what she knows. Which apparently isn't much. "I was alone on my assignment, but it seems they caught others too." She indicates the fallen drow, who is lying quite still but seems to still be alive.
>> No. 7947 edit
Sariel crosses her arms, eyeing the drow curiously.

"A single blow, is it?" she says. Not that she doesn't trust him... but she eyes Bernkastel anyway, curious if the shaman detects any lies. She has spirits, and such, right?
>> No. 7953 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
7953
>>7945
Super competent. "I understand. I'm going to help her now, so please convince her not to attack us."

Battle standard of healing, and first aid (second wind) for the drow. Rolling as a formality.

If the drow spends a surge in the standard's area, do we get healed?

>> No. 7954 edit
>>7953
Heal. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3374049/
>> No. 7955 edit
File 132919003180.png - (0.99MB , 1069x675 , chasmZR.png )
7955
With a bit of first aid, Bernkastel manages to restore the fallen drow to consciousness. It awakens with a jerk, though the other drow kneels down and tries to calm the newly-conscious one down a bit. "It's over, no need to fight now." Turning back to the adventurers, the first drow says, "Well, thank you for taking care of that taskmaster. We need to be getting back to the priestess as soon as possible."
>> No. 7956 edit
Sariel nods, understanding the drow.

"There is a portal south of here. I... failed in examining whether it'll properly cast one back. It is where we parted from the high priestess. Perhaps there is time for that examination now."

The eladrin starts making for the portal, Roth trailing behind her. She is intent on examining it and see if it will offer a way back.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3374603/
lol another 1

>> No. 7959 edit
>>7955
"It seems to be one way at the moment, unfortunately," Torinn comments. "Unless you or Sariel," he gestures to the eladrin, "knows how to make it work again, then I'd assume that Sankis and his goons are controlling it to prevent escapes."
>> No. 7960 edit
"Right, that portal probably doesn't go backwards to avoid escaping. But maybe there's some way to re-activate it around here."
Take everburning torch in off-hand and explore a bit the area.
Perception check (lol 14) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3376966/

>> No. 7961 edit
File 132935705992.png - (831.04KB , 1069x675 , chasmZS.png )
7961
Sariel can't seem to figure out how to work the portal. The drow look to each other, and one motions in the direction of the portal, saying, "Then we'll simply have to make our way back the hard way. I would imagine these tunnels will eventually carry us back to the chasm, given the nature of a dwarven fortress."

Sureiya finds a mine cart to the north, that was apparently overlooked in the excitement of battle. In the mine cart is a few extra tools, some coal, and a heavy metal box of some sort. It looks like a toolbox, or perhaps a lock-box. To the east there is a passage partially blocked off by a large pile of igneous rocks.
>> No. 7962 edit
"Oh, What do we have here?"Getting interesed in the metal box, Sureiya take his thief tools and attempt to pick the lock.
Thievery check: (23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3376994/
>> No. 7963 edit
Audio Puzzle_Solved_Sound_Clip_and_Quote_404234.mp3 - (16.56KB )
7963
With a bit of effort, Sureiya is able to pick open the simple lock on the metal box. The contents are: 1400 gold pieces, a masterwork obsidian puzzlebox of dwarven manufacture (worth 200 gp), a strange magical bastard sword, and a set of enchanted gloves.

A bit of inspection reveals the bastard sword to be a +2 paired bastard sword (level 8). By swinging the sword in a certain way, it splits into a pair of enchanted blades. The gloves are decorated with sinister looking runes, and from what you can tell, they are useful to those who have forged pacts with otherworldly beings: they are a set of gloves of eldritch admixture (level 8).
>> No. 7965 edit
Very satifistied with his finding, Sureiya call the rest of the party
"Hey, I know what this beauty can do. I saw a similar one before, but this one looks even more sharp ...
Do you mind if I keep it? There is some extra stuff here!"
>> No. 7967 edit
spend a healing surge
>> No. 7970 edit
At Sureiya's excitement, Sariel returns to the rest of the group, seeing that they are mulling about like an indecisive and lazy bunch.

"I suggest you guys look alive," the eladrin notes, "lest I exchange your presence for that of the drow."

It's one thing to delve into some kind of dwarfish ruin for the sake of casting a ritual. It's another thing entirely if your bodyguards are lazing around on their arses, being quiet and dead-like.
>> No. 7973 edit
File 129739756694.png - (7.42KB , 124x105 , georgedoyo.png )
7973
"Looking alive would be quite the transition, considering that I was buried like a corpse mere moments ago."

Myn journeys over to the ranger, plucking the gloves from the box with a smile. He positions himself comfortably on the ground, attempting to remove the dirt from earlier while gesturing at his useless imp to assist him.



Short rest. Return imp to passive mode.
>> No. 7974 edit
The wizard snorts. "You always act as a corpse," she retorts, "so find a better excuse."

Oh, battle standard -is- set up by Bern earlier. Sariel spends a surge to get up to 39 HP, +2 by the battle standard was it? 41, 43, 45 with Myn and Torinn spending a surge, too.

Roth heals to full on a short rest for free. Folka and Sureiya should spend a surge as well, this should bring everyone to (near) full HP.

>> No. 7975 edit
>>7974
"In any case," the eladrin continues, raising her voice, "we're moving out soon again. I'd rather not spend longer down here than is necessary; I'm only here to cast a ritual, but I imagine your precious duke will be in quite a bind if we take too long."

Sariel eyes the rest of the party with a sweeping gaze, then with a nod says, "Thus. It's in your best interest to get moving with me, because losing my support will jeopardise your mission."
>> No. 7977 edit
File 130100423811.png - (6.59KB , 217x157 , georgeheh.png )
7977
"That one is acting quite arrogantly for someone who couldn't figure out how a portal works."

"We have a slave-driver of our own, it seems. I suppose there's no sense in dallying here, so let us make haste, everyone."

Myn stands up, resolving to think only of the bath that awaits him upon their return.
>> No. 7979 edit
Testing his new blade, Sureiya activate it's magic propierty and create a second blade. Then he saves farbond and harmony in the bag.
"So ... I don't think I will last another fight in this shape. Will you cast that ritual again, Sariel?"
>> No. 7980 edit
With the battle over, Folka's mind couldn't help but wander. He should really be out in the world looking for signs of his brother and havoc wreaked by him, but he had to go and get arrested and blamed for his brother's actions yet again.

With Sariel's voice awakening to the reality again, he figures to try and make the best of the situation, nodding at her inquiry and gathering near the rest of the party for a short rest to tend to their wounds.


Take short rest near bern's banner near rest of party, Bern is wanting to do comrade's succor, surge spending etc will go from there.

ALSO, I never spent a surge this fight as bern pointed out to me, as did riri.

>> No. 7998 edit
File 132952413481.png - (103.25KB , 256x336 , ber_a21_odoroki2.png )
7998
The shaman visibly grows irritated with the unnecessary hurry. She looks up from recovering her spiritual reserve, directly faces the party, and speaks more in one sitting than ever before.

"I do see sense in spending some time here to recover. Most of the melee fighters, especially Mr. Reiyasu, look rather exhausted, and I don't think we're prepared to face Sankis in this condition. I'd like to suggest using a ritual to rejuvenate the weary, while we prepare some more effective healing for the group."

She also looks to Torinn. "And are we still going the right way?"
>> No. 7999 edit
Torinn checks the device in response to the shaman's query.
>> No. 8000 edit
File 132953583416.png - (812.03KB , 1069x675 , chasmZT.png )
8000
The drow slip away quietly while the party is gathering for healing under the battle standard, heading back down the tunnel from the portal. Apparently they intend to make the trek on foot. A glance at Sid's device tells Torinn that they are quite close--the leyline is near, to the east, as the indicator is glowing a bright orange.
>> No. 8001 edit
>>7998
"Seems like we're very close."
>> No. 8009 edit
"Rejuvenate, huh," Sariel says, then calmly begins her preparations to cast the Comrade's Succor spell, eager to just get it all done with.
>> No. 8010 edit
File 132961135744.png - (0.97MB , 1069x675 , chasmZT.png )
8010
The party rests up and heals over the course of about 15-20 minutes, and Sariel casts a ritual to help redistribute the party's remaining strength in preparation for what is to come.

Once finished, the adventurers turn to the path before them. By all indications, the leyline's "strongest point" is quite near, and the path to the east should lead you in the right direction. There's a large scattering of igneous rocks here, but they don't block off the whole path, so you should be able to easily circumvent them. The tunnel is narrow, only about 20 feet high, and quite warm. Even after resting, you are still sweating. It's getting very sticky and uncomfortable, so perhaps you should get to finishing the task at hand so you can depart.
>> No. 8011 edit
Feeling much better, the ranger thanks both the Shaman and the Spellcaster. Now, there's something else to do, or can we finally continue this?
"Ahh, I feel much better. But this heat is getting really annyoning. If everything is in order, can we leave now?"
>> No. 8012 edit
File 129456877046.png - (33.55KB , 200x200 , knightarou.png )
8012
Torinn is quickly back up and about, intently following where the device points. "We're really close now."
>> No. 8015 edit
"Thanks, I feel better now. I would feel better if we finished our job and got out of this place before we all get baked alive, though."
>> No. 8018 edit
File 132969493875.png - (421.33KB , 1069x675 , chasmZU.png )
8018
The party travels a distance down the passage, finding it to be wholly unremarkable except for a heavy stone door at the end. It looks very important, as it is engraved with a large stone dwarf face. The dwarf is screaming and appears to be on fire.
>> No. 8019 edit
File 129674887945.jpg - (278.84KB , 600x799 , armslooklikedanglinglegs.jpg )
8019
"That doesn't look right," Torinn remarks of the engraving. He moves closer to examine it, but doesn't touch it.
>> No. 8020 edit
Audio [tindeck_com]_-_Sirocco_and_Adams_-_Dwarf_Fortress.mp3 - (9.75MB , [tindeck_com] - Sirocco and Adams - Dwarf Fortress.mp3 )
8020
Torinn discovers that this is, in fact, a stone door with the face of a screaming, burning dwarf engraved upon it.
>> No. 8021 edit
With no other obvious way forward, Torinn hisses, "Everybody get behind me, I'm gonna open the door."
>> No. 8022 edit
File 131365034958.png - (85.73KB , 291x477 , kan_ikaria2.png )
8022
"Hold a second, there's something really suspicious here!"
Rolled a 3 on perception lol
>> No. 8027 edit
"You know," Sariel starts, "every time you say that, we've gotten in some kind of trouble, paladin. You don't appear to think before you leap."

DETECT MAGIC: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382731/
>> No. 8029 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8029
Sureiya finds no traps, and Sariel detects no magic. It seems to just be a door that was designed in rather poor taste.
>> No. 8031 edit
Sariel consults with Corellon.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382741/
>> No. 8032 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
8032
Sariel has a brief vision of a bunch of elves screaming and running around while on fire, but maybe it was just her imagination.
>> No. 8033 edit
File 130420653277.png - (54.37KB , 517x300 , peek.png )
8033
"I concur."

The shaman puts her ear to the door to listen for stuff.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382751/
>> No. 8034 edit
"Okay, new plan. Paladin enters first. We hide and sit back. If the paladin commences yelling at some point, we assume there is battle and run back whence we came and report to the duke our mission was a failure," Sariel says. "If the paladin does not die within a minute of entering, it is probably safe and we will not be a bunch of running, screaming elves within two minutes."

She eyes the rest of the party. "Well, at least if you guys weren't such hopelessly short-lived creatures anyway. You don't have much to lose, I have centuries to lose!"
>> No. 8035 edit
File 129737251878.png - (28.12KB , 151x214 , (Jeopardy Theme).png )
8035
Torinn thinks he read something about this. Is this a warning, or just an ugly motif?

Dungeoneering and History checks
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382753/ (20 and 22 respectively)

>> No. 8036 edit
>>8034
>>8027
"Except for the part on how we don't know how to get back through that portal.. And maybe that teleport disk as well? We could end up trekking through the tunnels, like those drow, but we'd probably end up hopelessly lost.. You have a point though, let's be cautious before running in there without a clue as to what is in there."
>> No. 8037 edit
File 129643998318.png - (89.42KB , 291x478 , kan_waraia123.png )
8037
"... hahahahaha!
You are an interesting one, Sariel. But you probably want to see the leyline by yourself, don't you?"
>> No. 8038 edit
File 131025703658.png - (3.30KB , 56x61 , bern127.png )
8038
Geez, can't they be quieter back there?

Still trying to listen.
>> No. 8039 edit
File 132970084378.gif - (59.35KB , 174x120 , dorffortress2.gif )
8039
Torinn thinks the art style is consistent with that of the ancient dwarven kingdoms. The subject matter, however, is not.

Bernkastel can't hear anything on the other side of the door. It seems too thick.
>> No. 8040 edit
File 131761042231.png - (15.19KB , 105x105 , bern123.png )
8040
>>8039
"I'm sorry. I can't hear anything."

Abuse Spirit of Vigor to give everyone and their dog 4 tHP, and then ready a move action to walk when the door opens.
>> No. 8041 edit
File 131469785533.jpg - (345.59KB , 850x1044 , Astaroth-sensei.jpg )
8041
"Shush!"

Torinn waits a moment, then says, "This is definitely dwarven architecture, and the style itself is consistent with dwarven art styles of this area and period." He points to the edge of the bearded figure, as if this would indicate anything, "I can tell by the jagged edges and simplistic designs, having seen many pieces of art from this area and era."

"However, most of it did not depict dwarves who were ablaze. If it's not already obvious, it was made by a dwarf of great skill who was completely out of their mind." Torinn scratches his head in perplexion, "Or maybe they got 'low' on magic mushrooms when they carved it. I think the former's more likely. We'll never know from just standing here."

Quietly praying to Bahamut for any guidance he can give, Torinn pushes the door open and braces for whatever might be on the other side.

Religion : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382806/ (3)
>> No. 8042 edit
>>8041
Completely uninterested in the Paladin's babbles at attempting to seem educated, Folka looks to the rest of the party instead.
>> No. 8043 edit
Sariel mouths a soundless cry of 'Don't open it witho--', but she predictably doesn't get much farther.

Partially because Torinn is already opening the door.
Partially because she's facepalming.
And partially because Roth's facetentacling her, ever thoughtful of her master.

>> No. 8044 edit
File 132970319571.png - (36.07KB , 128x128 , Sankis.png )
8044
When Torinn opens the door, a deep, somewhat trembling and erratic voice from inside calls out, "Oh yes, come in! I've been expecting you!"
>> No. 8046 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8046
>>8045
Continued~
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason