[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 138291473853.png - (638.81KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelS.png )
73910 No. 73910 edit
The maul-wielding giant roars in fury, shouting, "Lokradin, they seek to free her!"

"No! Not before her power is ours!" Lokradin replies. "Destroy them, Thorai! I will seal the door!"

Samel is the quickest of the party to action.
Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-12) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (Z-13) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (V/W-11/12) 45/45 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (W-13) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Z-11) 58/58 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Y-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (X-12)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (I/J-3/4)
Lokradin (Enemy): (I/J-20/21)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 60/60 HP

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked.
Expand all images
>> No. 73912 edit
"Have you not heard? Stop and surrender at once!"

Battle standard in his hand, Samel carefully moves into the room. As he gets closer to the pillars, he scans them to motivate his brain to recall or not for such pillars.

Free action: Dungeoneering Roll, mysterious pillars. http://orokos.com/roll/145835 (19)
Minor action: Perception (24) http://orokos.com/roll/145839
Standard action/Movement: Double move to P-13


Last edited at 13/10/27(Sun)20:41:30
>> No. 73913 edit
Myn consults his brain.

Arcana checks:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4276695/
>> No. 73914 edit
Audio 204_Battle_with_Golbeza's_Four_Emperors.mp3 - (5.91MB , 204 Battle with Golbeza's Four Emperors.mp3 )
73914
Pillar Knowledge: Samel and Torinn are pretty sure these pillars are pretty weak and unstable, having a mere 60 HP. While they take half damage from most attacks, they take full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. Destroying the pillars would not cause the room to collapse, as they appear ornamental in nature, however it could cause damage to nearby creatures. They can provide cover, but as they sustain damage they provide less and less cover.

Thorai: (Myn, Bernkastel) A quick examination of the giant's hammer and the coloration of its skin leads both the shaman and the warlock to conclude that this particular storm giant is fairly young, though still quite dangerous. A large elemental humanoid, it is a level 10 solo soldier. They can instinctively sense some sort of bond with its brother, as if the life forces of the two are linked together (twin bond means that the giant brothers share a common hit point total and action point total; an attack that damages either of the brothers will deplete their shared HP total. Likewise, they have two action points between them, and either may spend one or both. Any attack that deals damage to both brothers only depletes their HP pool by an amount equal to the highest damage dealt to an individual giant). Both are skilled at shaking off debilitating effects (action recovery allows Thorai to end a dominating, dazing, or stunning effect at the end of its turn). Thorai's mighty Njalnor thunder hammer packs a mean whallop, dealing a hefty amount of lightning damage to an enemy when struck, and summoning a thundercloud overhead that will strike down at the target afterwards if it attempts to escape (Njalnor is Thorai's melee basic attack, an attack vs. AC that on a hit deals a lot of lightning damage, and as an effect on, the target will also take lightning damage if it shifts before the end of Thorai's next turn[/yellow]. Thorai is capable of channeling the leyline to use its attack, it appears, as he is clearly attuned, though he lacks the mastery that Sankis and Hemah possessed. When Njalnor is sufficiently charged (a recharge power, 6), Thorai can use his thunderous sweep, discharging the lightning into the ground and causing a reverberation of thunder energy, damaging foes in an area (a close blast 3 vs. Fortitude attack that hits enemies in the blast for a large amount of thunder damage, and dazing and deafening them (save ends both). On a miss they still take half damage and are deafened until the end of their turn). Thorai can also quickly draw foes closer to him if there is nobody near to strike (as a minor action, Thorai can use lightning tether to pull an enemy within 10 squares up to 8 squares closer). Finally, as a soldier, Thorai is dedicated to defending his brother with a mighty wrath that will utterly devastate a nearby enemy that dares to assault his kin (wrath of thorai is a once-per-turn free action that affects a close burst 5 vs. Reflex, and triggers when an enemy in the burst makes an attack against Lokradin that doesn't include Thorai as a target. On a hit, it deals a hefty amount of lightning damage, and the target is stunned until the end of its next turn. On a miss, the target takes half damage and is dazed until the end of its next turn).

Lokradin: (Bernkastel): Bernkastel believes that Lokradin shares many qualities with his brother (twin bond, action recovery, and channel the leyline are available to both giants). Lokradin is a spellcaster, and doesn't possess the strength of his brother, though his primary attack of howling winds packs a punch, affecting any nearby foes (howling winds is a close burst 3 vs Fortitude, recharge 5/6, which deals thunder damage to nearby enemies and pushes them 4 squares and knocks them prone on a hit. On a miss they take half damage and are pushed 2 squares). His implement suggests that his primary method of attack will be to channel the leyline, or mutate scarabs out of the nearby swarms to fight for him (mutate scarab is a minor action, close burst 20, affects one scarab swarm in the burst, mutating one scarab out of the swarm into a mutant scarab minion). The mutant scarab is highly unstable and easy to slay, but will attack Lokradin's foes fiercely, and cannot be controlled by Myn's orb. Lokradin can also protect his brother, though not quite as well--still, anyone too close to him should be wary of attacking Thorai (as a free action once per turn, Lokradin can use wrath of Lokradin, which triggers when an enemy within 3 squares makes an attack against Thorai that doesn't include Lokradin as a target. The wrath recharges howling winds and allows Lokradin to immediately use it).
>> No. 73915 edit
File 138293650716.png - (634.11KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelT.png )
73915
OOC: Bernkastel believes that if Lokradin begins sealing the door, it will be closed off at the start of his next turn should he be allowed to complete the process. However, he has not yet begun to seal it (he may begin on his turn if he so chooses to do so), and it could be interrupted if he is attacked. It may also be possible to free the Windrunner from confinement, however doing so would be a rather intricate skill challenge involving arcana and dungeoneering.

Nobody rolled high enough to learn the leyline's attacks, though you suspect lightning is involved.


As Samel enters the room, his eyes are drawn to the ceiling--and the massive leyline embedded within. It is green in hue, and crackles with white flashes of electricity. There are also occasional ominous bursts of thunder that seem to originate from the leyline--a massive, pulsing vein of elemental energy that seems just barely contained behind a thin "skin" that forms the barrier between this plane and the Elemental Chaos. However, he notes no traps or other horrible devices. He does notice that the pillars can be used to provide cover, yet they will provide significantly less cover if they are damaged.

Samel makes a perception check and double-moves.

Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-12) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (P-13) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (V/W-11/12) 45/45 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (W-13) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Z-11) 58/58 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Y-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (X-12)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (I/J-3/4)
Lokradin (Enemy): (I/J-20/21)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 60/60 HP

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73918 edit
Taking advantage of the convenient symmetry of the enemy positions, Myn releases twice the standard curse dosage.

Move action: Move to T-12.
2x Minor action: Curse both storm giants.

>> No. 73919 edit
File 13830922856.png - (691.02KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelU.png )
73919
Myn steps into the room and mutters a vile curse aimed at Thorai, and prepares to place another curse as Torinn enters.

Myn moves. Myn places his warlock's curse on Thorai, then readies an action to place a curse as soon as Torinn moves in, which immediately triggers.. Curse is 1/turn so this is necessary.

Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-12) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (P-13) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (V/W-11/12) 45/45 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (W-13) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (X-11) 58/58 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Y-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (X-12)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (I/J-3/4), cursed (Myn)
Lokradin (Enemy): (I/J-20/21), cursed (Myn)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 60/60 HP

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73920 edit
File 134665019299.jpg - (86.31KB , 1300x722 , no shits given.jpg )
73920
Torinn whispers back to Bernkastel, "Actually, let me bait the giants. You guys help the Windrunner." With that said, Torinn thinks back to his military days while he approaches the giant on the left. There was a term for this sort of thing... a 'swagger', they called it. Though Rutger is the one doing the walking, the dragonborn adopts an insolent air, unimpressed by the giants' stature or their lightshow.

"That's a big stick you got there, Tiny," he says, voice oozing with condescension. "Does it come in a size for people that aren't overcompensating for something?" Torinn draws nearer and nearer as he speaks, keeping his voice loud when he talks. "Is that why you and your little sister there are sucking the power out of a girl like a baby from its mother's tit? Not that you're smart enough to survive without parental supervision anyway. Which would explain a lot with you two."

He stops a few feet from the giant, Rutger poised and ready, while the paladin remains gruff in his demeanor. Just like the guys in the barracks. They used some very colorful language when they wanted to incite a fight. "Seriously, what kind of lock has its password written on it anyway? Even a kobold could figure that out when you spell it out so plainly, but maybe you just can't fit something so complicated in that tiny little head of yours without a reminder." He shrugs and shakes his head. "If you were any dumber, I'd have to water you twice a week."

Finally, he motions to his cheek, "Well come on then. Right here, try and hit me if you can. Let's see if those noodles you call arms can actually swing that wooden dick extension of yours, or if they're only good for fondling your sister over there and weeping about your dead daddy.[/i]"

move to M/N 18/19
intimidate Thorai into attacking me : http://orokos.com/roll/146152 (31)
mess up trying to goad his brother into doing the same : http://orokos.com/roll/146219 (19)


Last edited at 13/10/29(Tue)17:54:57
>> No. 73921 edit
Knowledge check for the incoming mutant scarab. http://orokos.com/roll/146224
>> No. 73922 edit
File 138309845249.png - (760.26KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelV.png )
73922
As Torinn rides Rutger into the room at an almost casual pace, he issues a litany of insults against the giants. Thorai regards the dragonborn with a mocking laugh, but Lokradin roars in anger and thrusts his empty hand upwards. The circle surrounding him disappears, and so does the current between the giant and the windrunner captive. From above Lokradin erupts a howling storm, which descends around him and expands as it does so, throwing both the paladin and his mount backwards, with only the ingenious dwarven boots saving him from falling off his mount. His eyes twisted in fury, the storm giant lowers his arm and raises the orb in the grip of his other hand, saying, "I see your ally over there found one of my failed experiments... I don't know how you got your hands on that, but no matter! Now see what the new and improved version does!" A red bolt of energy strikes the scarab swarm nearest Torinn and, for a moment, nothing seems to happen. Suddenly though, one of the scarabs shuffles out of the swarm and grows to an enormous size, its shell vaguely tented red as it attempts to bite the dragonborn. Only the paladin's shield prevents him from being pierced by its now-monstrous jaws.

Thorai scowls a bit, as if annoyed with his brother's reaction, but readies his maul to enter the fray himself. Lokradin, for his part, moves towards the center of the room.

Torinn moves and intimidates both Lokradin and Thorai, cowing them into attacking him. It fails on Thorai but succeeds on Lokradin.
Lokradin uses howling winds, hitting Torinn for 14 thunder damage and missing Rutger for 7 thunder damage (reduced to 2). It pushes Torinn back a few squares and Torinn's solid greaves negate him falling prone.
Lokradin uses mutate scarab to create a mutant scarab near Torinn. The scarab is a minion skirmisher that is loyal to Lokradin, and has a melee attack that deals damage. At the end of its second turn it explodes and deals fire damage to anything adjacent. Lokradin moves.
The mutant scarab 1 misses Torinn with bite.


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-12) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (P-13) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 60/70 HP THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-16/17) 45/45 HP + 2 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (W-13) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (X-11) 58/58 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Y-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (X-12)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (I/J-3/4), cursed (Myn)
Lokradin (Enemy): (J/K-16/17), [purple]cursed (Myn)

Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 60/60 HP

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73923 edit
>>73922
Dusting himself off, Torinn counters with "You left it behind, dumbass! And you hit like a girl, too!"

Last edited at 13/10/29(Tue)20:49:48
>> No. 73924 edit
Unsure if he can help to free the Windrunner, Sureiya silently charges the closest enemy for now.
Move
Quarry Lokradin
Marauder's rush, ending in L-16 (33, 19 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/146256

>> No. 73925 edit
File 138311485966.png - (759.20KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelW.png )
73925
Sureiya darts into the room and focuses his eyes on the caster giant. Then, with a howl of fury, lunges into the fray, slicing into the giant and scoring the teams' first blood.

Sureiya moves, then designates Lokradin as his quarry and charges, hitting with marauder's rush for 19 damage.

Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-12) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (P-13) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 60/70 HP THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-16/17) 45/45 HP + 2 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-16) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (X-11) 58/58 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Y-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (X-12)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (I/J-3/4), cursed (Myn), -19 HP
Lokradin (Enemy): (J/K-16/17), cursed (Myn), -19 HP
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 60/60 HP

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73928 edit
File 132303480020.png - (41.31KB , 259x256 , bern132.png )
73928
The shaman dashes ahead to catch up. Between relaying information >>73914 and >>73922 on the enemies, she takes advantage of the setting to quickly conjure some local air elemental spirits, which disappear into her allies to infuse them with a burst of speed.

>>73920
"Then, please intercept The one called Thorai."

On cue, her spirit companions move to aid this task.

Move action: Running to Q-15 (instead of Q-16 as planned before).
Move action: Reorient the Axis. All allies (within 5 squares of me, which is everyone) shift 5 squares (4 from int mod plus 1 from tactician's armor).
> Required: everyone except Samel needs to stay within the same 5x5 square, or at least have a part of you in the square (in the case of Torinn). Samel should instead be adjacent to this 5x5 square.
> Torinn to M/N-11/12, maybe?
> Sureiya needs to move down at least one square, and he can't go east at all or he'll be left out of the Moment of Glory.
> Myn moves north (at least at Q-row or above and between columns 12 and 16)
> Samel should probably move down to the R-row. Anywhere from R-11 to R-16 would work, but I think staying closer to the east isn't a bad idea. I really want to suggest using Moment of Glory on Samel's turn to affect all allies (like being centered at O-14, unless some allies are moved away from the blast 5 area between now and Samel's turn).
> As part of the move actions, my spirit companion moves to P-9.
Minor action: Spirit of Athas to O-10. It'll help block off Thorai and give Torinn + Rutger a +1 power bonus to defenses.

>> No. 73929 edit
>>73928
shift to M/N-11/12

Last edited at 13/10/30(Wed)21:09:40
>> No. 73930 edit
Shift to N-15
>> No. 73931 edit
Shift to P-15.
>> No. 73932 edit
File 138333475517.png - (1.04MB , 1010x670 , upperlevelX.png )
73932
As the shaman sprints towards the center of the room, the mutters calls to nearby spirits of air, which whisk her allies into an optimal position for a buff from Samel. She then resummons her primal spirit to be nearer to the fray.

Thorai brandishes his maul and closes the gap with Torinn, the scarab swarms scattering in his wake. He brings the hammer down, and though it doesn't connect with the dragonborn itself, there's a loud crack of thunder which resounds with tremendous elemental energy, striking both the paladin and his mount hard enough to knock them a little dizzy. Torinn also realizes that all he can hear now is a ringing in his ears. It looks like most of the thunder energy went to waste though, as the hit wasn't even as close to as bad as it could've been.

Bernkastel runs. Bernkastel uses reorient the axis, allowing the rest of the party to shift into position. Bernkastel then resummons her elemental spirit.
The scarabs scatter, clearing away from the combat area.
Thorai moves, and uses thunderous sweep, hitting Torinn and Rutger for 15 thunder damage (Rutger reduces to 10). Both are dazed and deafened (save ends both).


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-15) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (P-13) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 45/70 HP, dazed and deafened (save ends both)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-11/12) 37/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, dazed and deafened (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-15) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-15) 58/58 HP, -5 to attacks and granting combat advantage
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Y-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (X-12)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -19 HP
Lokradin (Enemy): (J/K-16/17), cursed (Myn), -19 HP, Sureiya's quarry
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 60/60 HP

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73933 edit
File 138334967337.jpg - (163.87KB , 894x894 , meditation.jpg )
73933
"Oh Oghma, was that thunder?"
Realizing that he must not take these giants for granted, the cleric comprises the tactic of his allies and uses the safe position he was given to meditate.
After a brief moment, he opens his eyes and fixes the middle of the group. A divine force collapses in this place, leaving behind only a brilliant column of light. One might think that he missed it's target, but with a smile he continues to fix the column, starting to feel the effects that emerge from it.



Standard action: Moment of glory.


Last edited at 13/11/01(Fri)16:56:19
>> No. 73934 edit
File 138335215614.gif - (1.81MB , 480x270 , 1383326735359.gif )
73934
Strategically avoiding the hazards of the northern half of the room, Myn equips a meatshield as he reveals a shiny magical turret on his head.

Minor action: Curse Scarab.
Move action: Move to S-12.
Standard action: Cast Crown of Stars against Thorai.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4282293/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4282294/

>> No. 73935 edit
Torinn makes menacing eyebrow motions at Lokradin.
Intimidate fail : http://orokos.com/roll/146870 (20)
>> No. 73937 edit
File 138336822244.png - (1.01MB , 1010x670 , upperlevelY.png )
73937
Calling to his deity, Samel channels a brilliant column of light in the centered of his gathered friends, and shimmering plates of armor appear on the bodies of all the adventurers, hovering a few inches above their normal armor, and then disappear. As he does this, Myn retreats backwards and fixes his gaze on the maul-wielding giant, glowing briefly with an unholy radiance which centers above his head and blasts Thorai solidly, eliciting a howl of fury.

Torinn remains dazed and deafened as he attempts to block out the ringing in his ears, and can only scowl impotently at Lokradin. That doesn't stop the orb-wielding giant from remaining totally fixed on the paladin, his face twisted in rage as he moves around the pillar and reaches towards the leyline, a bolt of lightning shooting from his hand and then striking the leyline. A half-second later, a much larger bolt shoots from the leyline and strikes Torinn solidly in the chest, though the shimmering armor granted by Samel reappears and softens the blow. Nevertheless, Torinn knows that a strange, thunderous energy is building inside him, and will release soon, with potentially harmful consequences.

Lokradin directs one of the scarabs to move near Torinn, and the mutant scarab skitters towards Sureiya and attempts a bite, though the half-orc quickly shakes off the beetle. It then suddenly bursts into flame, scorching the ranger lightly and burning away a small piece of the nearby pillar.

Samel uses moment of glory, granting the party resist 5 to all damage.
Myn moves then curses the scarab. He uses crown of stars, which hits Thorai for 25 radiant damage.
Torinn saves at start of turn against daze, failure (3): http://orokos.com/roll/146918
Torinn's intimidate check fails.
Torinn saves at end of turn against daze, failure (7): http://orokos.com/roll/146920
Lokradin recharges howling winds. He then moves, and uses channel the leyline. The leyline's attack hits Torinn for 18 lightning damage (reduced to 15). At the end of Torinn's next turn, he will deal 15 thunder damage to each creature and object within 2 squares. Lokradin uses a minor action to move a scarab swarm with his advanced orb.
The mutant scarab 1 moves and tries to bite Sureiya, but misses. It then explodes and deals 10 fire damage to Sureiya (reduced to 5). The pillar at L-15 takes 5 fire damage (reduced by half).


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-15) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 2, resist 5 all
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (P-13) 59/59 + 4 THP, resist 5 all
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 30/70 HP (Bloodied), dazed and deafened (save ends both), resist 5 all, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-11/12) 37/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, dazed and deafened (save ends both), resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-15) 64/65 HP , resist 5 all
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-15) 58/58 HP, -5 to attacks and granting combat advantage, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Y-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (M-16)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), [red]-44 HP
Lokradin (Enemy): (J/K-14/15), cursed (Myn), -44 HP, Sureiya's quarry
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 55/60 HP

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73938 edit
Delay after bernkastel
>> No. 73939 edit
File 138342336830.jpg - (106.32KB , 490x356 , locals.jpg )
73939
The spirit companion disappears, taking Torinn's afflictions with it, and reappears next to Thorai. I'm flavoring Tome Expertise as my spirits creating an aura of a foreign realm and unnerving the enemies nearby.

Speaking in primordial again, the shaman raises her spear.

With a flash of lightning and a boom of thunder, an ephemeral, armored soldier--a storm archon spirit--stands behind her. It takes the shaman's spear, infuses the weapon with its energy, and propels it at the maul-wielder, striking a grievous wound.


Minor action: Spirit's Sacrifice to grant Torinn a saving throw. http://orokos.com/roll/147017
Minor action: Call spirit companion to L-12. Spirit of Vigor gives Torinn 4 temporary HP.
- Action Point - Standard action: Relentless Wounding vs. Thorai, using Bracers of Mental Might to roll attack with Wisdom instead of Strength. http://orokos.com/roll/147018 http://orokos.com/roll/147019


"Mr. Tormyne, you have a weapon, too. Use it!"

Standard action: Direct the Strike, giving Torinn an attack.
>> No. 73940 edit
>>73939
Torinn can't seem to land his attack in spite of everything.

Miss MBA with Holy Smite : http://orokos.com/roll/147023 (21, 33)
Enemy takes 9 radiant damage anyway

>> No. 73941 edit
"Ugh, would someone keep the other guy busy in the meanwhile?"
Seeing the brothers too close of each other, the ranger decides to change his target, moving next to Torinn and glaring at the giant before slashing him twice.
Move to M-10
Quarry Thorai
Twin strike against Thorai! (Two hits, for 15 and 19 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/147036
He also gets an effective -3 to attacks against Sureiya

>> No. 73942 edit
File 138345084098.png - (1.01MB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZ.png )
73942
"Bernkastel" moves quickly, recalling her spirit to bolster Torinn and clear his head using elemental power before calling forth another to hurl her spear towards Thorai. The strike sends the giant reeling and imbues her allies with a mysterious strength. Torinn is unable to take advantage of this even with the shaman's opening, though Sureiya quickly slashes into the giant.

Too distracted by the focused attacks, Thorai's hammer misses its mark, though lightning energy curls up from around the place he strikes and wraps itself around Torinn's legs, threatening to shock an attempt at movement.

Bernkastel uses spirit's sacrifice, granting Torinn a successful save.
Bernkastel resummons her companion. Torinn gains 4 temporary hit points.
Bernkastel spends an action point and uses relentless wounding, hitting Thorai for 14 damage, and all her allies gain a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against Thorai until the end of the encounter.
Bernkastel grants Torinn a melee basic attack with direct the strike, Torinn adds holy smite but misses for 9 radiant damage.
Sureiya moves, sets his quarry, and hits Thorai twice with twin strike for a total of 34 damage.
Thorai uses njalnor on Torinn but misses. Torinn will take 10 lightning damage if he shifts before the end of Thorai's next turn.


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-15) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (P-13) 59/59 + 4 THP, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 33/70 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 all, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will take 10 lightning damage if shifts
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-11/12) 37/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, dazed and deafened (save ends both), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-15) 64/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-15) 58/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (L-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (M-16)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -101 HP, Sureiya's quarry, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya
Lokradin (Enemy): (J/K-14/15), cursed (Myn), -101 HP
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 55/60 HP

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73943 edit
File 138350712039.jpg - (9.96KB , 480x360 , a23ac.jpg )
73943
"I'm a little bit busy over here. Myn, can you do something about him?"

Saying that, Samel finishes planting the stick in the ground.
"Okay, that'll do the trick."
Returning to meditation, he concentrates on Torinn and gives him strength using the divine powers of his god.




Standard action: I plant the battle standard on Q-12.
Minor action 1: Healing word 1 on Torinn (20) http://orokos.com/roll/147148
Minor action 2: I sustain moment of glory effects.


Last edited at 13/11/03(Sun)11:35:21
>> No. 73944 edit
File 138352529315.png - (943.05KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZA.png )
73944
Even as Samel continues to chant the prayer to Oghma, he places the battle standard of healing in the front before him, bestowing its power upon his allies. He then gestures towards Torinn, and the dragonborn immediately feels strength return to his ailing body.

Samel plants the battle standard of healing.
Samel uses healing word on Torinn, causing him to regain 20 hit points after spending a healing surge. Each ally in the burst also regains 3 hit points. Torinn gains +2 to all defenses until the end of Samel's next turn.
Samel sustains moment of glory.


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-15) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (P-13) 59/59 + 4 THP, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will take 10 lightning damage if shifts, +2 to all defenses
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-11/12) 40/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, dazed and deafened (save ends both), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-15) 65/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-15) 58/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (L-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (M-16)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -101 HP, Sureiya's quarry, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya
Lokradin (Enemy): (J/K-14/15), cursed (Myn), -101 HP
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 55/60 HP

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73945 edit
>>73944

Switching meatshields, Myn soundly strikes at one of the giants with various varieties of magic.

Move action: Move to R-15.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Thorai.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4290185/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4290191/

Minor action: Sustain Crown of Stars, attacking Thorai.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4290196/
(8 damage)

>> No. 73946 edit
Undeterred by the giant's hammer, Torinn has Rutger leap into action and cling to the nearest pillar. From there, his sword glows with radiant energy as he slams it into Thorai, making him see stars and rendering him unable to protect his brother for now.
Jump to L/M 9/10
Strike of Hope vs. Thorai w/ Holy Smite : http://orokos.com/roll/147292 (27, 30), give Sureiya 5 THPs and daze Thorai until end of Torinn's next turn

>> No. 73947 edit
If Thorai OA's Torinn
Battle awareness: (36, 24 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/147294

>> No. 73948 edit
File 138360981162.png - (0.96MB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZB.png )
73948
The warlock moves further up, then unloads a blast of psychic power aimed at the maul-wielding giant, sending Thorai reeling before blasting him with a follow-up radiant beam. Torinn wastes no time as he commands Rutger to leap onto the pillar and brings down a blade shining with holy power, slicing into Thorai's face and leaving the giant howling with rage and clutching at his eyes.

"Thorai!" Lokradin cries out, feeling his brother's life force dwindling through their twin bond. Rushing into the center of the battle, he growls out a warning to the adventurers, "Feel our father's fury!" before unleashing a devastating maelstrom of wind and thunder, driving back the adventurers and knocking both rider and mount completely off the pillar. Gesturing towards the fallen warlock, a scarab from the nearby swarm grows incredibly large in size and seizes Myn in its mandibles, though it barely affects him through the enduring shield granted by Samel's deity.

Myn moves, then uses shared agony against Thorai, hitting for 33 psychic damage. Myn sustains crown of stars, hitting Thorai for 5 radiant damage.
Torinn moves, provoking an opportunity attack from Thorai, which it takes, and Sureiya interrupts with battle awareness, hitting for 24 damage. Thorai's Njolnar hits Torinn for 12 lightning damage (reduced to 7).
Torinn hits Thorai with strike of hope with holy smite for 30 radiant damage, and Thorai is dazed until the end of Torinn's next turn. Torinn deals 15 thunder damage to the nearby pillar and to Rutger, who resists 5 of it. Thorai totally resists the damage.
Lokradin moves, then uses howling winds, which hits Torinn, Rutger, Myn, Samel, and Sureiya for 12 thunder damage (reduced to 7), pushing them all 4 squares and knocking them all prone. Torinn is crit and instead takes 24 thunder damage (reduced to 19), Bernkastel is missed and takes 6 thunder damage (reduced to 1). The nearby pillars are also damaged. Rutger fails his save.
Lokradin uses mutate scarab, creating mutant scarab 2 near Myn.
Mutant scarab 2 bites Myn for 8 damage (reduced to 3).


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 13
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-16) 55/61 HP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (V-12) 56/59, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-5) 44/70 HP, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will take 10 lightning damage if shifts, +2 to all defenses, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-5/6, Elevation 2/3) 23/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, dazed and deafened (save ends both), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone while climbing
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-10) 58/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 57/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (L-12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (M-16)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -198 HP, Sureiya's quarry, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya
Lokradin (Enemy): (J/K-14/15), cursed (Myn), -198 HP
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): (T-15)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 33/60 HP damaged[b]
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

[b]Notes

Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73949 edit
File 137911743186.png - (77.78KB , 306x391 , bern111.png )
73949
"Is your father also here?" asks the shaman over the din, as she uses a mind-affecting attack she learned in the elemental chaos to distract monsters.

Couldn't their father have taught them some quieter attacks?


Since Sureiya delayed last turn, I'm supposed to be up next, and I have to take my turn now or Spirit of Athas would disappear.

Move action: Spirit of Athas to M-13, elevation 1.
Standard action: Emerald Lure vs. Thorai and Lokradin. I choose not to pull, and SC disappears. http://orokos.com/roll/147418
Minor action: Call spirit companion to M-11, elevation 1, and Sureiya gets 4 THP.


Last edited at 13/11/04(Mon)18:38:47
>> No. 73950 edit
File 138363094746.png - (960.82KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZC.png )
73950
With some quick spirit juggling, the shaman throws in a psychic attack emanating from her spirit for good measure, draining a bit of the giants's resolve in the process.

Bernkastel moves her elemental spirit.
Bernkastel uses emerald lure against both giants, missing Thorai but hitting Lokradin for 12 psychic damage.
Bernkastel resummons her spirit companion.


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): 16
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-1
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-16) 55/61 HP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (V-12) 56/59, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-5) 44/70 HP, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will take 10 lightning damage if shifts, +2 to all defenses, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-5/6, Elevation 2/3) 23/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, dazed and deafened (save ends both), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone while climbing
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-10) 63/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 57/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (M-13, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -210 HP, Sureiya's quarry, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya
Lokradin (Enemy): (J/K-14/15), cursed (Myn), -210 HP
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): (T-15)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 33/60 HP damaged[b]
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

[b]Notes

Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73951 edit
"If you brother wasn't here you wouldn't act so cocky!"
Ignoring the spellcaster, the ranger moves behind the dazed and wounded Giant and swings at him again, leaving Thorai even weaker against further attacks.
Stand up (Acrobat boots power)
Move to J-10
Lashing leaves! (and furious assault) (one miss and a hit for 36 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/147471

>> No. 73952 edit
Disruptive strike! (nope) http://orokos.com/roll/147528
>> No. 73953 edit
File 138367965637.png - (863.68KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZD.png )
73953
Leaping to his feet, Sureiya circles around the dazed giant and finds an opening in its back, tearing it more open to expose the weak point in the giant's leathers. As it howls, it swings its maul in retribution, crying out, "Our father was murdered by vermin like you!" Sureiya evades one blow, but Thorai grinds his teeth and in a lightning-fast motion slides the hammer around, striking Sureiya upside the head with the massive weapon, sending one of the half-orc's teeth flying along with quite a bit of blood.

Sureiya stands from prone as a minor action from acrobat boots.
Sureiya moves.
Sureiya uses lashing leaves, hitting once and missing once for 36 damage. Until the end of Sureiya's next turn, Thorai takes 2 extra damage from attacks that hit.
Thorai uses Njolnar against Sureiya and misses. Sureiya takes 10 lightning damage if he shifts before the end of Thorai's next turn. Sureiya misses Thorai with disruptive strike. Thorai then spends an action point and uses Njolnar against Sureiya again, this time critting for 25 lightning damage (reduced to 20).
Thorai's action recovery ends the dazing effect.


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): 16
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-1
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-16) 55/61 HP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (V-12) 56/59, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-5) 44/70 HP, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, +2 to all defenses, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-5/6, Elevation 2/3) 23/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, dazed and deafened (save ends both), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone while climbing
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-10) 43/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will take 10 lightning damage if shifts
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 57/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (M-13, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -246 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, 2 extra damage from attacks that hit
Lokradin (Enemy): (J/K-14/15), cursed (Myn), -246 HP (Bloodied)
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): (T-15)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 33/60 HP damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73954 edit
File 138369264410.png - (188.85KB , 500x550 , smirkdeviantart.png )
73954
Samel stands up shaking his clothes. He looks at the column of light and begins to smirk. He thinks:
"Only a true disciple can stay resilent under any circumstance. My lord Oghma, am I gifted enough?"


"You have some amazing powers, Giant, but they are nothing compared to those of who govern us."

Still with the same look on his face, the cleric points the corner of the room and orders the perpetrator to move there.

Movement action: I stand up.
Minor action: I sustain the moment of glory effects.
Standard action: Command: Slide Lokradin to P-Q /18-19 (34) http://orokos.com/roll/147562

>> No. 73955 edit
File 13837099379.png - (865.00KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZE.png )
73955
Climbing to his feet and still continuing his prayer to Oghma, Samel utters a single power word of command during the prayer, which is enough to channel the energy of a second spell through his holy symbol, hurling Lokradin across the room. Though the giant manages to maintain his footing, he is clearly no longer where he wants to be.

Samel stands and sustains moment of glory.
Samel uses command, hitting Lokradin and sliding him.


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): 16
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-1
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-16) 55/61 HP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (V-12) 56/59, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-5) 44/70 HP, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, +2 to all defenses, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-5/6, Elevation 2/3) 23/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, dazed and deafened (save ends both), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone while climbing
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-10) 43/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will take 10 lightning damage if shifts
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 57/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (M-13, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -246 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, 2 extra damage from attacks that hit
Lokradin (Enemy): (O/P-18/19), cursed (Myn), -246 HP (Bloodied)
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): (T-15)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 33/60 HP damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73956 edit
Myn flings some worms and stuff.

Use bloodied boon with Thorai to increase aura, and with rod of corruption to spread curse from Lokradin to Thorai and Scarab 2.

Use Elan Resilience to reduce damage from Scarab attack.

Minor action: Stand from prone.
Minor action: Sustain Crown of Stars, attacking Scarab.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4292597/
(9 damage)

Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Thorai.

Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4292603/
Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4292609/



>> No. 73957 edit
File 133236100769.png - (502.15KB , 850x900 , hmm.png )
73957
>>73953
"If that's what you believe, then your father was weaker than insects," Torinn observes, pulling himself to his feet. At his command, Rutger stands back up on the pillar, without him having to utter a word.

"Are you your father's sons, then?" the paladin asks, whirling his sword in his hand once before charging down the nearest giant.

stand
Rutger stand up
Charge to K-9 http://orokos.com/roll/147629 (32, 25)

>> No. 73958 edit
File 138372368581.png - (866.76KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZF.png )
73958
Myn climbs to his feet and blasts the nearby scarab mutant into oblivion, though not before it opportunistically bites another crash in the warlock's leg. Rutger rights itself, still clinging to the wall, even as Torinn springs to his feet and charges back towards Thorai, leveling him with another strike as the warlock's worm-based attack hits him near-simultaneously. The giant reels and buckles under the combined assault, and Lokradin cries out again, "Brother! Stand strong!" Gesturing towards the air, he calls down a strong bolt of lightning that blasts both Torinn and Sureiya. Though Sureiya manages to dodge, Torinn is struck hard, and both feel the lingering thunder energy that threatens to soon explode violently.

Myn stands from prone. Myn uses crown of stars against the scarab, and its opportunity attack bite hits him for 8 damage (reduced to 3). He destroys the scarab.
His darkworm feast hits Thorai for 32 necrotic damage, and Thorai will take 3 necrotic damage at the start of his next turn.
Rutger and Torinn stand, then Torinn charges and hits Thorai with a melee basic attack for 25 damage.
Lokradin uses channel the leyline, and the leyline's attack hits Torinn for 11 lightning damage (reduced to 6) but misses Sureiya. Both will deal 15 thunder damage to objects and creatures within 2 squares at the end of their next turn.
The dazing effect of command ends at the end of Lokradin's turn.


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-1
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-16) 52/61 HP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (V-12) 56/59, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-9) 38/70 HP, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, +2 to all defenses, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures/objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-5/6, Elevation 2/3) 23/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-10) 43/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will take 10 lightning damage if shifts, will deal 15 thunderdamage to creatures/objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 57/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (M-13, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -303 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, 2 extra damage from attacks that hit, 3 necrotic damage at start of next turn, slowed
Lokradin (Enemy): (O/P-18/19), cursed (Myn), -303 HP (Bloodied)
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): (T-15)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 33/60 HP damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73959 edit
File 129956272039.png - (87.97KB , 243x357 , spear.png )
73959
"Oh, well, I'm sorry for your loss, but are you really set on repeating his mistake? Isn't it time you surrendered?"

I think joji's aura should be at 5. Incidentally, didn't Sureiya gain 4 temporary HP at >>73949 ?

Opportunity action: OA vs. Lokradin's Channel the Leyline. I think I should consider investing in Ninth Legion Student somewhere down the road. http://orokos.com/roll/147757

Move action: Spirit of Athas to N-18.
Standard action: Direct the Strike, Myn vs. Thorai. I think the RBA would be 1d20+16 and 1d10+1d6+21. I do provoke an OA for this.
My minor action is skipped, which would normally never happen, but here it is.

>> No. 73960 edit
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4293431/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4293433/


Last edited at 13/11/06(Wed)14:58:27
>> No. 73961 edit
File 138377837264.png - (866.65KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZG.png )
73961
As Bernkastel moves her elemental spirit into place, Lokradin manages a reply, "Fool! You know not the forces you play with! You MUST be destroyed!" Bernkastel's infusion of spirits causes Myn to continue his barrage of magic, aimed directly at Thorai, and the warlock strikes another solid hit.

Bernkastel moves her elemental spirit. Bernkastel uses direct the strike on Myn, and his eldritch blast hits Thorai for 28 damage.

Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-1
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-16) 52/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, prone
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (V-12) 56/59, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-9) 38/70 HP, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, +2 to all defenses, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures/objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-5/6, Elevation 2/3) 23/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, dazed and deafened (save ends both), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-10) 47/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will take 10 lightning damage if shifts, will deal 15 thunderdamage to creatures/objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 57/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -331 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, 2 extra damage from attacks that hit, 3 necrotic damage at start of next turn, slowed
Lokradin (Enemy): (O/P-18/19), -331 HP (Bloodied)
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): (T-15)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 33/60 HP damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
>> No. 73962 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
73962
>>73961
Now curious, the shaman questions Lokradin further. "By the way, what happens if we free the windrunner?"
>> No. 73963 edit
Shift to J-K, 5 damage is ok.
Twin strike! (one hit for 25 damage)
Off-hand strike! (23 damage)
Use thunder on K-12 so anyone gets hurt
http://orokos.com/roll/147923
http://orokos.com/roll/147924
http://orokos.com/roll/147925

>> No. 73964 edit
File 138386732778.png - (645.60KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZH.png )
73964
"Everything we have worked for would be undone!" Thorai cries in fury as Sureiya hacks into him. Apparently in a rage an unwilling to elaborate, Thorai brings his heavy maul down right on Torinn, delivering a bone-shattering blow to Torinn's chest, lightning crackling through the air as it strikes his metal armor.

Samel spots something coming up the hallway--it looks like a swirling vortex of elemental energy, and it's coming right at him! It might be a good idea to get out of its path.

Sureiya uses twin strike, missing once and hitting once for 25 damage. He then uses off-hand strike, which hits for 23 damage.
Thorai doesn't recharge thunderous sweep. Thorai uses Njolnar on Torinn and hits for 23 lightning damage (reduced to 18), Torinn will take 10 lightning damage if he shifts before the end of Thorai's next turn.


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-1
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-16) 52/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (V-12) 56/59, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-9) 20/70 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures/objects within 2 squares at end of next turn, will take 10 lightning damage if shifting
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-5/6, Elevation 2/3) 23/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-12) 47/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 57/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -379 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, 2 extra damage from attacks that hit, 3 necrotic damage at start of next turn, slowed
Lokradin (Enemy): (O/P-18/19), -379 HP (Bloodied)
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): (T-15) DEAD

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
Knowledge of the elemental maelstrom is arcana.
>> No. 73965 edit
File 138268288446.png - (40.43KB , 158x181 , wat.png )
73965
"Could you two be less vague about reasons to stop shortening your lives? Mr. Tormine, say something!"

As she shaman turns to Thorai's direction, she notices the thing in the hallway. We've seen that before, right?
Arcana for knowledge http://orokos.com/roll/148059

Last edited at 13/11/07(Thu)16:12:59
>> No. 73966 edit
>>73965
Torinn tries getting answers. "What, you think you have some noble goal that's worth sacrificing somebody else for? Give me a justification for not caving your face in or letting those you enslaved deal with you."
>> No. 73967 edit
>>73964
"By the lord, what is that??"
Trying to escape the vortex, Samel says to the group.

"Everyone, there's something strange coming from the hallway!! It must be another of their tricks!"
Becoming increasingly impatient, the cleric let Thorai taste of his divine power.

Movement action: I move to Q-10.
Minor action: I sustain the moment of glory effects.
Standard action: Astral seal on Thorai (30) http://orokos.com/roll/148070

>> No. 73968 edit
File 138387660352.png - (852.02KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZI.png )
73968
Samel moves forward, the maelstrom hot on his heels, and continues his earlier prayer while gesturing towards Thorai. A radiant seal glimmers briefly on Thorai's chest, lowering his defense.

"Val'akir's power is ours by right! The windrunner is the last thing we need to gain full control!" Lokradin yells angrily, clutching his orb. "You will NOT free her! We will crush those who murdered our father and they will labor eternally for our glory!"

Samel moves. Samel sustains moment of glory.
Samel uses astral seal, hitting Thorai. Thorai takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of Samel's next turn. In addition, the next ally to hit Thorai regains 8 hit points.
The maelstrom moves up and blocks the door.


Initiative
Samel (Uncle Mion): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 22
Lokradin (Enemy): 16
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-1
Thorai (Enemy): 11

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-16) 52/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (Q-10) 56/59, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-9) 20/70 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures/objects within 2 squares at end of next turn, will take 10 lightning damage if shifting
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-5/6, Elevation 2/3) 23/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-12) 47/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 57/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -379 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, 2 extra damage from attacks that hit, 3 necrotic damage at start of next turn, slowed, -2 to all defenses, 8 hit points to next person who hits
Lokradin (Enemy): (O/P-18/19), -379 HP (Bloodied)
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): (T-15) DEAD

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP severely damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom or ending your turn there will cause it to push you 6 squares.
>> No. 73969 edit
File 131005666672.png - (102.01KB , 213x284 , bern79.png )
73969
>>73968
"You are not doing a good job of convincing us!"

Between stuff, I'll relay the info on the maelstrom thing.
>> No. 73970 edit
>>73968

Myn calmly flees from the windy thing before shooting some magicks.



Use Life Siphon off Torinn's damage.

Move action: Move to N-14.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Thorai.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4295246/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4295252/

Minor action: Sustain Crown of Stars, attacking Thorai.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4295262/
(12 damage)

>> No. 73971 edit
>>73968
With a mental command, Torinn calls Rutger over and gets back in the saddle. In response to the giants' vile sense of entitlement and domination, Torinn responds plainly, "You're history," before bisecting the giant with his sword.

Move Rutger to I/J-9/10
climb on
valiant strike : http://orokos.com/roll/148093 (36, 24)

>> No. 73972 edit
File 138388123665.png - (598.60KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZJ.png )
73972
Myn retreats from the maelstrom and blasts Thorai twice--once with eldritch energy, and once with eldritch radiance. This staggers the giant, and it barely has time to cough before Torinn calls his mount back, mounts up, and stabs the giant through the chest.

"NOOOOOOO!!!" gurgles Thorai, collapsing to his knees and falling forward.

"Val'akir's seal..." gasps Lokradin, clutching his chest and stumbling backwards, his eyes rolling back in his head.

The energy binding the windrunner disperses, and she hovers in the air, chest raised, looking like a puppet held awkwardly by strings, yet unmoving. There is a great crack of thunder, and a sound like howling wind that seems to emanate from the room's walls--suddenly, the western and eastern nooks of the room are engulfed in what appears to be a whirling stormcloud that seems to pass through the walls and encircle the entire room. A great burst of wind suddenly blows past the adventurers and scatters the scarab swarms, and the individual scarabs quickly flee into cracks and crevices in the walls. The maelstrom sits ominously unmoving, yet blocking the door, and then the windrunner falls to the ground before the throne, motionless.

Thorai takes 3 necrotic damage.
Myn regains 5 hit points from life siphon and gains a +2 bonus to his next attack.
Myn moves.
Myn uses eldritch blast against Thorai, hitting for 29 damage.
Myn sustains crown of stars, hitting again for 12 radiant damage. Myn regains 8 hit points.
Torinn calls Rutger over and mounts him.
Torinn's valiant strike, hitting Thorai for 24 damage, which slays the giants.


Final Statistics
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (T-16) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 5, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (Q-10) 56/59, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-9) 20/70 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-9/10) 23/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted, resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-12) 47/65 HP , resist 5 all, +5 to damage rolls against Thorai
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 57/58 HP, resist 5 all
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Thorai (Enemy): (K/L-10/11), cursed (Myn), -447 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, 2 extra damage from attacks that hit, slowed, -2 to all defenses DEAD
Lokradin (Enemy): (O/P-18/19), -447 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 1 (Enemy): N-18, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Mutant Scarab 2 (Enemy): (T-15) DEAD

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
Storm giant and leyline knowledge is arcana. Separate checks for each giant and the leyline.
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures. Knowledge of the pillars is dungeoneering.
The scarab swarms are non-hostile until attacked. You can move through their spaces, which are difficult terrain.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom or ending your turn there will cause it to push you 6 squares.
>> No. 73973 edit
Audio sm18_1.mp3 - (1.43MB , sm18.mp3 )
73973
Aside from the storm circle, the maelstrom, and a sound of howling wind, motion and sound in the room ceases eerily. You have a brief respite, but are overcome by a foreboding sense of danger.

You may now all take a mini-short rest. During this rest, you may recover one encounter attack power (or equivalent holy smite), one encounter utility power (Inspiring Word counts), and one other encounter power granted to you by your race or class (like Inspiring Word, so you can recover both if you choose), or an item. You may spend 1 or 2 healing surges as well, and take actions like positioning yourselves or eating the silver tear fruits, or using a battle standard of healing. "Until the end of the encounter" effects will end at the rest's conclusion.
>> No. 73974 edit
Encounter power: Command
If I understood right, since my healing word is an utility power + an encounter power granted to you by class I can basically heal for free during the rest. I suggest to all get around the battle standard so we can get the buff too.


Last edited at 13/11/07(Thu)22:57:32
>> No. 73975 edit
Recharge Life Siphon, Elan Resilience, and Shared Agony.
>> No. 73976 edit
"...Val'akir? Wasn't that the powerful elemental that was sealed here?"

Get off-hand strike and furious assault back.
Spend a healing surge while everyone is near of the Battle Standard. Should still have other 4 after this.

>> No. 73978 edit
Crap.
Regain 1 holy smite
Regain boots encounter power
get healed
desummon/resummon rutger


Last edited at 13/11/08(Fri)12:21:53
>> No. 73979 edit
File 130420653277.png - (54.37KB , 517x300 , peek.png )
73979
"Val'akir was the elemental lord, right? I was expecting to have to fight it--well, I still expect to."

Spirit of Vigor +4 THP for everyone but me.
Emerald Lure recharged.
Among utilities, Spirit's Sacrifice and Reorient the Axis are available for recharge, so I'll take those.

>> No. 73981 edit
Shaman to K-12
SC dismissed
SoA at K-11, elevation 1

>> No. 73982 edit
Move to G-8
>> No. 73983 edit
Audio BGM_Ban_Garuda.mp3 - (12.70MB )
73983
The howling sound of wind steadily grows in intensity as the party recuperates for a brief moment and prepares themselves for what's to come, and there's a crackling sound as the energy barrier on the door out reforms. The maelstrom settles into place, unmoving.

Then, suddenly, the windrunner's body is lifted upright into the air. The throne behind her dissolves into a mass of green feathers, which are picked up in a vortex of wind and drawn to the ethereal elf. Steadily her body becomes larger and more corporal, until the entity standing before you is a towering, elemental creature covered in light green feathers, with two arms ending in wicked-looking black claws, two legs ending in black hooves with spiked heels, and four bird-like winds comprised of darker feathers sprouting from her back. Her face is vaguely humanoid, though her eyes are initially closed, and what appears to be a crest split into four parts traits from the back of her head, with wing-like accents emerging from her cheeks.

She is unmoving for a brief moment before she emits an ear-splitting shriek, and with the shriek an intense wind washes over the entire party--only Sureiya, standing in the safety granted by one of the pillars, doesn't feel the wind quite as much as the rest. The shriek dissolves into laughter, and the creature spins around, calling out in a melodic voice, "Ah HA HA HA HA! Free, free at last! Just as he said, just as he said, ah ha ha ha!"

Her eyes are now open, pure black orbs, and her mouth is a row of pointed teeth, smiling. "Mortals, heed: I am Val'akir, the true heir to the wind! As part of the pact that ensured my freedom... your lives are now forfeit. Now, fall!" She reaches both claws into the air, extending them slightly, and the leyline crackles with electric energy in response to her movements, "None shall stand before the wind!"

She lifts a foot or so into the air, the winds sustaining her hovering flight, and the wind in the entire room picks up, carrying a scant few green feathers with it.

Rest concludes. Samel uses armor of faith on Torinn, granting him +4 reflex until the end of the encounter, and retrieves the battle standard of healing.
As the encounter begins, there is a heavy blast of wind, and all readied actions are cancelled.

Knowledge for Val'akir, an elemental creature, is arcana.

>> No. 73984 edit
File 129645621258.png - (67.95KB , 510x519 , 12620999_p0.png )
73984
>>73983
Geez, you're kidding. "You mentioned a pact?"

The arcana http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4298214/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4298363/


Last edited at 13/11/09(Sat)22:28:59
>> No. 73985 edit
File 138406099688.png - (41.34KB , 128x128 , valakir.png )
73985
Val'akir, the Vortex (Level 10 Solo Artillery)

Bernkastel: (Arcana) As a hostile, powerful air elemental, Val'akir is a rare breed that takes pleasure in killing and destruction. Despite her chaotic nature, she is an elemental bound by any pacts she makes to gain entry to the mortal realm, which usually involve copious amounts of wanton death and destruction. She likely considers mortals well beneath her and bartering with them is something she tolerates only as long as she can escape the elemental plane of air to cause mayhem.

This particular elemental likely originally gained entry to the mortal plane via the leyline, and no doubt possesses mastery of the leyline. (On an initiative count of 10 + Val'akir's initiative, she can use channel the leyline as a free action without provoking opportunity attacks. If she cannot make this attack due to a stunning or dominating effect, that effect ends instead of her taking the action). She can also quickly recover from mental impairing effects (action recovery ends any dazing, dominating, or stunning effects at the end of her turn). In addition, certain actions will cause large feathers to shake loose of her wings and be guided by elemental wind to attack foes. (When Val'akir uses clawstorm or slipstream, a razor plume minion appears in a square adjacent to the blast or burst).

Val'akir's claws are menacing and she delights in putting them to use in carving up her foes (her melee basic attack claw has reach 2 and only deals damage vs. AC). She tends to employ her claws in a spinning sweep of one claw followed by a devastating crush of the other (clawstorm is a close burst 2 vs. Reflex that deals damage to all enemies and objects in the burst, then as part of that action uses claw against one creature, dealing some minor damage even on a miss). Occasionally she can focus the wind in a mighty forward burst that can incapacitate closely-gathered foes (slipstream is a close blast 5 vs. Fortitude the deals thunder damage and stuns
until the end of her next turn, on a miss they take half damage and are instead dazed, recharge 5/6). It would do well to seek cover when the plumes begin to rain down from the sky, for that is when she is about to unleash a horrifically powerful attack (when using mistral shriek, 4 razor plumes appear in nearby vortex pockets, and vortex pockets appear near Val'akir, which takes a standard action. At the start of her next turn, she uses a no-action attack that is close blast 20 (close blast 10 when [red]bloodied[/red]) and deals heavy amounts of damage, but automatically misses creatures in total cover. The attack deals half damage on a hit to creatures in cover, and a creature in cover takes no damage on a miss, the vortex pockets she creates disappear when using the attack). She can only call upon this power so many times, however, and often teleports around the room, changing places with an elemental maelstrom she has conjured up when doing so (maelstrom affinity triggers when she first reduced to 327 or 109 hit points, allowing her to swap places with the elemental maelstrom, teleporting into its space and teleporting it into hers, and recharging mistral shriek). When she is wounded, she unleashes her most terrifying power, aerial blast, and you must find shelter from this attack or you will surely be slain (when bloodied, Val'akir teleports to the center of the room and surrounds herself with the elemental maelstrom, becoming temporarily invulnerable until using the attack. When she teleports, any dazing, stunning, dominating, or weakening effects on Val'akir end, as well as any effects that impose an attack or damage penalty, and 4 razor plumes appear in nearby vortex pockets. At the start of her next turn she begins channeling the attack and is immobilized until the start of her next turn, when she uses the attack, dealing massive amounts of thunder damage in a close burst 20, creatures in cover take two-thirds damage and creatures in total cover take one-third damage, this consumes standard actions on both turns). She is resistant to both lightning and thunder (10 and 15).

Her razor plumes are simple entities (level 9 minion skirmishers) that are controlled by Val'akir. After a short time, if they are not destroyed, they violently disperse into hundreds of razor-sharp gusts (the razor plumes can move without provoking opportunity attacks. They have no attacks of their own, but at the start of Val'akir's turn, all razor plumes are destroyed and deal 10 thunder damage to all adjacent creatures and objects, these minions are not actual creatures, they are conjurations, and do not feed Myn's darkspiral aura).

>> No. 73986 edit
File 138406545713.png - (671.74KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZK.png )
73986
"Hee HEE HEE HEE, ah HA HA ha HA!" shrieks Val'akir, leveling a clawed finger at the pillar Sureiya is hiding behind. A bolt of lightning strikes the ground where the ranger was just seconds before standing, and though he narrowly avoided the attack, he does feel a reverberation from the point of impact wash over him and wrap him in latent thunder energy.

Val'akir's mastery of the leyline triggers, and it uses channel the leyline. The leyline's attack misses Sureiya, he will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at the end of his next turn. Bernkastel notes that the leyline attacks only single target now with its primary attack, though the bolt also looks more powerful.

Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Samel (Uncle Mion): 29
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-15) 61/61 HP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode, resist 5 all
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-10) 59/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-9/10) 45/45 HP , resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-12) 65/65 HP, 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at the end of his next turn
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 58/58 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-11/12/13)

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
>> No. 73988 edit
File 129826350079.png - (16.76KB , 125x101 , 1263583939682_0_ib4f.png )
73988
>>73986
"Even if we destroy your body, it shouldn't kill you, right?"

I have to relay the wall of text, and it's a good thing talking is a free action.
>> No. 73989 edit
Then, I will delay my turn.
>> No. 73990 edit
File 138412238971.png - (696.80KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZL.png )
73990
Samel hesitates for a brief moment, and Val'akir takes the opportunity to deeply inhale. As she does so, a large pocket of storm forms at her back and engulfs her almost completely, and stray bits of debris on the ground below her lift into the air, and thunder rumbles in the vortex pockets behind her.

At the same time, feathers rain down from above, appearing out of nowhere, and gather into clusters--four of them. They emerge from the vortex pockets to the east and west, and quickly float next to the pillars, moving as though they were being blown by the wind.

Val'akir begins using mistral shriek. Four razor plumes appear, and a vortex pocket surrounds her.

Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-15) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (M-10) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-9/10) 35/35 HP + 4 THP , resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-12) 65/65 HP + 4 THP, 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at the end of his next turn
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-17) 58/58 HP + 4 THP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-11/12/13), charging mistral shriek
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): F-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 73991 edit
Picking up his mind, Samel understands that he must quickly get to shelter and runs towards the unoccupied pillar. While at it, the cleric tries to repel the feather located there using the sacred light of knowledge.



Movement action: I move to H-15
Standard action: I use sacred flames on Razor Plume 3 (25) http://orokos.com/roll/148602

>> No. 73992 edit
File 13237963328.png - (4.97KB , 145x145 , bern113.png )
73992
"We can't let the pillars be too damaged. Mr. Sureiya, please mind your position!"

Minor action: Call Spirit Companion to K-16
Standard action: Spirit infusion, Myn vs. Razor Plume 4 (L-16)
- http://orokos.com/roll/148612
- Tome Expertise CA, +2 power bonus to attack, +5 power bonus to damage
- In case of cover issues, Spirit's Step lets Myn shift a square (to, like, J-16, and this helps him get Shadow Walk if he moves to M-15 on his turn), though it's unlikely that the plume would have cover from a badly damaged pillar.
Move action: I'll move to G-15.


Last edited at 13/11/10(Sun)16:47:29
>> No. 73993 edit
File 138413153479.png - (771.73KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZM.png )
73993
Sensing the imminent danger, the adventurers spring into action. Samel engulfs one of the razor plumes in a radiant flame, while Myn is infused with spirit energy from the shaman's recently recalled spirit, using a blast of eldritch energy to disperse another cloud of plumes. Samel and Bernkastel huddle behind one of the pillars to shield themselves from Val'akir's attack.

Samel moves, then uses sacred flame to dispatch razor plume 3. Bernkastel gains 8 temporary hit points.
Bernkastel calls her spirit companion, then uses spirit infusion, granting Myn an eldritcfh blast, which destroys razor plume 4. He shifts 1 square.
Bernkastel moves.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (J-16) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-9/10) 35/35 HP + 4 THP , resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-12) 65/65 HP + 4 THP, 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at the end of his next turn
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-15) 58/58 HP + 8 THP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-11/12/13), charging mistral shriek
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): F-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 73994 edit
Minor: Stare at Val'akir from the safety of cover (Hunter's quarry)
Move to M-12
Ready an action: Charge at the other minion ending charge in M-8. Do this as soon the thunders from the leyline's attack dissipate.


Last edited at 13/11/10(Sun)22:05:03
>> No. 73996 edit
File 138415045928.png - (700.19KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZN.png )
73996
Sureiya points at Val'akir, promising to slay her later, then retreats to a safe area until the thunder energy enveloping him disperses. As soon as it does, Myn prepares to act--or not--and Sureiya surges behind a pillar and attempts to swing his blade around the corner to take out the plume storm, though his sword passes through the feathers harmlessly.

Sureiya sets Val'akir as his quarry and then moves. Sureiya readies an action to charge, and deals 15 thunder damage to nothing.
At the start of Myn's turn, Sureiya's readied action triggers and he charges the nearby razor plume with marauder's rush, but misses.
Myn possibly delays until after Torinn.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (J-16) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-9/10) 35/35 HP + 4 THP , resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-15) 58/58 HP + 8 THP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-11/12/13), Sureiya's quarry, charging mistral shriek
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): F-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 73997 edit
"That laugh is rather annoying."

Myn equips a pair of meatshields as he disdainfully glares at one of the feather things.


Minor action: Curse Val'akir.
Move action: Move to G-16.
Standard action: Cast Spiteful Glamor at Razor Plume 2.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4299604/

>> No. 73998 edit
File 138415364622.png - (701.10KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZO.png )
73998
Cursing the laughing elemental as an afterthought, Myn positions himself behind a pillar and throws the weight of his will beyond a psychic glare focused on one of the razor plumes. The force of the warlock's mental might is sufficient to completely disperse the feathers.

Myn places his curse on Val'akir then moves. His spiteful glamor hits razor plume 2 and destroys it.

Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-16) 61/61 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 59/59 + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-9/10) 35/35 HP + 4 THP , resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-15) 58/58 HP + 8 THP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-11/12/13), Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), charging mistral shriek
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): F-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 60/60 HP
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 73999 edit
"I knew there was a reason I didn't like you," Torinn grumbles at Val'akir. Dispatching the swirling plume with a shot of lightning, Torinn takes cover by the nearest pillar and braces himself for the ensuing attack.
dragon breath vs. razor plume, originating at H-8
Move to G/H-8/9
use total defense for +2 to all defenses

>> No. 74001 edit
File 138421979384.png - (676.45KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZP.png )
74001
With a blast of lightning from Torinn's maw, he disperses the last elemental plume, then moves behind the nearby pillar, ready to defend himself. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning erupts from the leyline and strikes Samel solidly, provoking the deva to quickly utilize his dwarven armor to heal himself.

With an ear-splitting shriek, a wave of energy washes over the entire arena, with the adventurers thankfully shielded from its power. "Die, die, die, die, die, DIE" howls Val'akir, hovering closer to the group and pressing her claws together, open-faced towards the weaker group huddled behind the eastern pillar. With a flap of all four wings and a near-deafening crack of thunder, a blast of elemental wind issues forth and strikes the whole group, leaving them completely stunned and coughing blood.

Samel's in rather bad shape, but he may still pull through...

Torinn's dragon breath hits and destroys the razor plume 1.
Torinn moves and uses total defense.
Val'akir's mastery of the leyline allows her to use channel the leyline, and the leyline's attack hits Samel for 26 lightning damage. Samel uses dwarven armor to heal himself back to full hit points. Samel will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at the end of his next turn.
Val'akir uses mistral shriek's attack, which misses all the players due to their total cover. Mistral shriek does not damage pillars.
Val'akir moves, then uses slipstream, hitting Myn and Bernkastel for 39 thunder damage and critting Samel for 40 thunder damage. The nearby pillar is now badly damaged. Bernkastel resist 2 thunder and Myn lowers the damage by 3 using elan resilience.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-16) 29/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 4, stunned
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 19/59 (Bloodied), will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn, stunned
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP, +4 Reflex, +2 to all defenses
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-8/9) 35/35 HP + 4 THP , resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-15) 29/58 HP (Bloodied), stunned
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (E/F/G-11/12/13), Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn)
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): F-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74003 edit
File 138422091883.png - (42.69KB , 398x645 , memory.png )
74003
Samel snaps back in control of his actions.

Samel's superior will save http://orokos.com/roll/148881 augmented by memory of a thousand lifetimes succeeds.
>> No. 74004 edit
File 138423198641.jpg - (12.81KB , 219x200 , bloodieddeviant.jpg )
74004
Seeing his friends bloodied, Samel has only one thing in mind, push back the corrupted mind that is before him. "Do not fear death, you are not alone anymore", he thinks.

He closes his eyes and tells the elemental lord.

"There's no way we would die like that, even if you say it a thousand times elemental!"

Having everything to lose, Samel begins to sing both curse and prayer beseeching Oghma to help them.

Minor action: I use healing word on myself. (18) http://orokos.com/roll/148896
Action point: I use bane on Val'akir, the Vortex (28)http://orokos.com/roll/148897
Standard action: I use Command on Val'akir, the Vortex :Slide her to the 3x3 square surrounding B-18 (27) http://orokos.com/roll/148903
Movement action: I move to J-12


Last edited at 13/11/11(Mon)20:53:06
>> No. 74006 edit
File 138423204750.png - (651.40KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZQ.png )
74006
Thankfully at attention, Samel realizes the desperate situation now facing the party and restores some of his own health before using a divine curse the elemental, greatly weakening it. As Val'akir screeches Samel quickly reaches into his deepest reserves of strength and, closing his eyes briefly, mutters a single word of command that throws Val'akir into the far corner of the room with incredible force. The elemental struggles to maintain its composure as the deva quickly strides away from his stunned comrades, harmlessly discharging the built-up thunder energy.

Samel uses healing word on himself, spending a surge and regaining 32 hit points.
Samel uses bane, which hits Val'akir, imposing a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses until the end of Samel's next turn.
Samel spends an action point! Samel uses command, sliding Val'akir away and dazing her until the end of his next turn.
Samel moves, harmlessly discharging the thunder.
Bernkastel is stunned and cannot act.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-16) 29/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 4, stunned
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (J-12) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP, +4 Reflex, +2 to all defenses
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-8/9) 35/35 HP + 4 THP , resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-15) 29/58 HP (Bloodied), stunned
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19), Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), -5 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): F-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74007 edit
A little stunned (not literally) by the situation, the ranger panics a little and just get close and hurls his magic blade against the elemental.
Move to G-11
Ranged twin strike! (one hit for 12 and another for 11 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/148938 http://orokos.com/roll/148942

>> No. 74008 edit
File 138423324914.png - (748.55KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZR.png )
74008
Sureiya skirts to the middle of the room and then looses his boomerang blade twice, and twice strikes true, slicing through Val'akir's feathery shoulders. "Insolence! I will tear you apart!" screams the elemental.

Sureiya moves, then uses ranged twin strike, hitting twice for 12 damage and 11 damage.
Myn is stunned and cannot act.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-16) 29/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 4, stunned
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (J-12) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP + 4 THP, +4 Reflex, +2 to all defenses
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-8/9) 35/35 HP + 4 THP , resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-15) 29/58 HP (Bloodied), stunned
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19) -23 HP, Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), -5 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): F-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74009 edit
File 130593838077.jpg - (175.49KB , 354x250 , great conqueror.jpg )
74009
Torinn advances upon the flying creature, pinning it to the corner. He grants some of his health to Bernkastel before he says, "If you're so eager for blood, then you can drown in your own," before slashing at Val'akir, his weapon burning her with radiant energy that offers Bernkastel some vigor. "Have faith! We're not losing to a featherbrain like her!" he yells.

move to B/C-15/16
grant heal to Bernkastel for her surge value with second wind
strike of hope (http://orokos.com/roll/148946 29, 14) grant Myn 10 temporary hit points


Last edited at 13/11/11(Mon)21:36:58
>> No. 74010 edit
File 138423628621.png - (678.57KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZS.png )
74010
Torinn closes the distance between himself and the elemental creature, and brandishes his blade even while he calls upon Bahamut's power to restore a bit of the shaman's health. A clean, radiant swipe slices into one of Val'akir's wings, restoring a bit of Myn's faith in the dragonborn and the party in general.

Responding to Torinn's choice words, Val'akir says, "Rrrggghhh! DIE NOW!" A bolt of lightning misses the dragonborn, and though the thunder energy wraps itself around Torinn's form like a shell, Val'akir is inarticulate with rage as she launches herself in a flurry of claw swipes in Torinn's general direction. Though she doesn't land any hits on the dragonborn, his mount is unfortunate enough to sustain some damage, which Torinn manages to brunt a bit with a quickly-projected holy barrier. As the elemental lashes out, a few feathers fall from her damaged wing and form into a swirling cloud that streaks towards the nearby pillar.

Torinn moves, then uses virtue of sacrifice, spending a surge to allow Bernkastel to regain 14 hit points.
Torinn uses strike of hope, which hits for 14 radiant damage, and Myn gains 10 temporary hit points.
Val'akir uses channel the leyline via mastery of the leyline, but the leyline attack misses Torinn. Torinn will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn.
Val'akir uses clawstorm, missing Torinn but hitting Rutger for 30 damage (reduced to 25). Torinn's shield of devotion grants Rutger 5 hit points and Torinn gains a +2 power bonus to his next attack roll. Val'akir's claw she makes as part of clawstorm misses Torinn for 5 damage.
A razor plume appears near Val'akir and moves down.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-16) 29/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (J-12) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 69/70 HP THP, +4 Reflex, +2 to next attack roll, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-8/9) 19/35 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-9) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-15) 43/58 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-11, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (N-18, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19) -37 HP, Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), -5 to attack rolls and all defenses, dazed
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74011 edit
Seeing that Torinn and Sureiya took control of the situation, for now, Samel returns hiding near the rest of his allies and what remains of the pillar. He takes the opportunity to destroy the feather as soon as he gets there, but can't really concentrate with Myn in such a state.

Movement action: I move back to H-15
Standard action: I use Sacred flames on Razor Plume 3 (20) http://orokos.com/roll/148955


Last edited at 13/11/11(Mon)23:19:27
>> No. 74012 edit
File 130619839991.png - (3.51KB , 56x106 , bern127b.png )
74012
Just as Torinn says, the shaman tries to shake off her worries and focus on winning the battle. "We need to time our attacks carefully to match her teleportation... In particular, Mr. Nsomething and Mr. Sureiya."

Delay 1 turn.
>> No. 74013 edit
Delay one turn, go joji.
>> No. 74014 edit
Recovering from his dishevelance, Myn abandons the cover of the pillar in order to harshly convey his spite to the enemy.

Move action: Move to K-18.
Standard action: Cast Spiteful Glamor against Val'akir.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4300917/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4300918/


Last edited at 13/11/12(Tue)00:04:17
>> No. 74015 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
74015
And again.

Minor action: Call Spirit Companion to D-17, elevation 2, and 4 temporary HP for Rutger.
Minor action: Healing Spirit, primary target Myn (heals 15+2 HP) and Rutger gets the extra healing (2d6+2, 7 HP healed total)
http://orokos.com/roll/148964
Standard action: Direct the Strike, Myn vs. Val'akir.

>> No. 74016 edit
"So much for staring to death."

Attack:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4300927/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4300928/

>> No. 74017 edit
According to the Shaman's plan, it was time to intercept Val'akir as soon she tried to teleport. Following it, Sureiya attacks the conjuration attempting to tear down the pillar and moves down.
Twin strike against minion (26 and 23)
http://orokos.com/roll/149037
Move to M-8

>> No. 74018 edit
File 138430490183.png - (676.59KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZT.png )
74018
Samel rejoins the fray behind the pillar, though his radiant flames fail to scorch enough feathers to successfully disperse the swarm. The warlock acts next, launching another piercing psychic attack at the elemental, and Val'akir glares angrily in return, shaking her head as if to attempt to clear out his intrusion. This gives the shaman sufficient distraction to call back her spirit companion and grant Myn and Rutger some succor, before infusion the warlock with enough energy for a blast of eldritch energy, which catches Val'akir in a claw, provoking another howl of rage. As Sureiya dispatches the plumes and moves away, she calls out, "You...!"

Samel moves but misses the razor plume with sacred flame.
Bernkastel and Sureiya delay.
Myn uses spiteful glamor, which hits Val'akir for 20 psychic damage.
Bernkastel recalls her spirit companion and uses healing spirit, Myn spends a surge to regain 17 hit points and Rutger regains 7 hit points.
Bernkastel uses direct the strike, granting Myn an eldritch blast, which hits Val'akir for 17 damage.
Sureiya uses twin strike, hitting the razor plume and destroying it. He then moves.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-2
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-18) 46/61 HP + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 69/70 HP THP, +4 Reflex, +2 to next attack roll, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-8/9) 26/35 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-8) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-15) 43/58 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (D-17, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19) -74 HP, Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn)
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74019 edit
File 138430560129.png - (1.36MB , 1274x716 , sunlightyellowoversmite.png )
74019
Torinn imbues his blade with radiant energy that spears Val'akir. Roaring "No, me" in response to her threat towards the others, he smashes the winged creature with the hilt of his sword, doing less damage but creating a lingering bruise.

valiant strike + holy smite, target is dazed http://orokos.com/roll/149107
>> No. 74020 edit
File 138430821333.png - (678.29KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZU.png )
74020
Charging his blade with holy energy, Torinn levels a strike at Val'akir that steals the words from her mouth temporarily. No longer stringing words together, a bolt of lightning viciously strikes the shaman before Val'akir whirls her claws in a relentless onslaught that Rutger and Torinn manage to weather reasonably well, and the air elemental pants a bit at the end of the flurry, having obviously spent extra effort in that series of attacks.

Torinn uses valiant strike with holy smite, hitting Val'akir for 22 total damage and Val'akir is dazed.
Torinn disperses the thunder damage harmlessly.
Val'akir's channel the leyline allows her to use the leyline's attack thanks to mastery of the leyline, which hits Bernkastel for 28 lightning damage.
Val'akir fails to recharge slipstream, and uses clawstorm, which hits Torinn and Rutger for 12 damage (Rutger reduces to 7). Torinn takes 5 damage from a miss on claw.
Val'akir spends an action point! Val'akir uses clawstorm, missing Torinn but hitting Rutger for 10 damage (reduced to 5). She misses Torinn with a natural 1 on claw but he still takes 5 damage from clawstorm. The daze ends.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 12
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-2
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-18) 46/61 HP + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/70 HP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-8/9) 18/35 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-8) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-15) 15/58 HP (Bloodied), will deal 15 thunder damage to adjacent creatures and objects at end of next turn
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (D-17, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19) -96 HP, Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn)
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74021 edit
Minor action: I use Favor of the gods (26) http://orokos.com/roll/149144
Standard action: I use denunciation on Val (17) http://orokos.com/roll/149139


Last edited at 13/11/12(Tue)20:23:08
>> No. 74022 edit
File 129956272039.png - (87.97KB , 243x357 , spear.png )
74022
"Now seems about right."

Standard action: Spirit Infusion for Rutger. +3 attack (+2 power, +1 item) and +5 damage
Minor action: Inspiring Word for myself. 14+2d6+2 HP healed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4301974/
Move action: L-12

>> No. 74023 edit
Rutger is infused with an unnatural fury and savagely attacks the elemental.
Bite attack roll : http://orokos.com/roll/149145 (23)
damage roll : http://orokos.com/roll/149148 (17)

>> No. 74024 edit
delay until after torinn
>> No. 74025 edit
Post after Torinn as well, if george is around he can post before me too.
>> No. 74026 edit
File 132418361686.png - (154.58KB , 640x385 , sak_paladin.png )
74026
Cutting loose with a terrible roar, Torinn rushes to the opposite edge of the arena. Rutger leaps into the air that Val'akir claims to dominate, then slams her into the ground.

"Val'akirrrrr! I'm going to make you pay for preying on the hopes of those people!" Torinn snarls, eyes blazing with righteous indignation.

Using the forward momentum of Rutger's attack to propel him, he lets his blade fall upon the harpy-creature and pierce her feathery hide. Black frost forms along the blade, chilling it to terribly cold temperatures before he forcibly tears it from the wound.


move to K/L-12/13
battle pounce to P/Q-12/13, CRIT for 31 damage, knock target prone (http://orokos.com/roll/149154)
spend action point and attack with chilling smite vs. fortitude (http://orokos.com/roll/149155 20, 25)


Last edited at 13/11/12(Tue)21:12:36
>> No. 74027 edit
File 138432135847.png - (671.34KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZV.png )
74027
Drawing on Oghma's favor, Samel mutters a denunciation of the elemental, holding his holy symbol high. Its brilliant energy overwhelms Val'akir, weakening her considerably. The shaman uses a bit of time to transfer the power of her spirit companion to Torinn's big cat, and while it viciously bites into Val'akir's leg, she tends to her own wounds and moves away from the pillar so the thunder energy to safely dissipate.

Shaking Rutger off her leg, Val'akir sneers and calls out, "Soon you shall see the depths of your folly, mortals!" With that, she vanishes from sight, and before Torinn rages the mighty elemental storm that was blocking off the door just a second ago. The paladin doesn't let this distract him, however, and spurring Rutger into a lope, the big cat leaps across the room and knocks down the elemental, who screeches as she hits the ground hard. Torinn raises his blade high, and a chill wind surrounds it as he brings it down on Val'akir's midsection with savagery.

The elemental is somewhat inarticulate at the moment, but she seems to be spitting curses and blasphemies in Torinn's general direction.

Samel uses favor of the gods, then denunciation, which hits Val'akir thanks to the reroll. Val'akir is dazed and takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses until the end of Samel's next turn.
Bernkastel uses inspiring word on herself, spending a surge to regain 21 hit points.
Bernkastel's spirit infusion allows Rutger to bite Val'akir for 17 damage. This triggers maelstrom affinity, and she swaps places with the maelstrom.
Bernkastel moves and discharges the thunder damage harmlessly.
Torinn moves then uses battle pounce, critting Val'akir for 31 damage and knocking her prone.
Torinn spends an action point! Torinn uses chilling smite, which hits for 25 cold damage, and Val'akir takes a -5 penalty to damage rols (save ends).


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-2

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-18) 46/61 HP + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/70 HP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-12/13) 18/35 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-8) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (L-12) 36/58 HP, will deal 15 thunder damage to adjacent creatures and objects at end of next turn
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (D-17, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19) -169 HP, Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), dazed, -4 to attacks and defeses, -5 to damage rolls (save ends), prone
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): F-8
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-8
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-16
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): L-16

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74028 edit
File 138432658235.png - (75.97KB , 640x480 , kan_01.png )
74028
"And you'll see the edge of my blades!" says Sureiya, jumping into range to slash the elemental and landing two clean hits while in mid-air.

Move to Q-11
Action point! Jaws of the wolf, with inevitable strike and furious assault! (dealing 29 and 47 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/149162 http://orokos.com/roll/149164 http://orokos.com/roll/149165
>> No. 74029 edit
File 138432880911.png - (905.28KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZW.png )
74029
Sureiya stalks forward and whirls around like a dervish, cutting a pair of utterly savage slashes across the fallen elemental's midsection, sending feathers and blood spraying across both himself and Torinn. Val'akir lets loose a screech, and her eyes briefly glow violent as she vanishes, then reappears, upright, in the center of the room. The maelstrom has completely enveloped her form, and you doubt any form of attack could affect her now--it simply wouldn't get through the chaotic energies surrounding her. Breathing deeply, she seems to direct the chaos that is the maelstrom for a brief moment, and yells, "THE RECKONING COMES!" Four pockets of plumes flutter downwards towards the nearby pillars, threatening to slash them open.

Sureiya moves, spends an action point, then uses jaws of the wolf, hitting twice for 29 damage and 47 damage, using furious assault and inevitable strike, gaining a bonus from resourceful presence.
This triggers Val'akir's teleport to the center, she is enveloped by the maelstrom and becomes temporarily invulnerable. Four razor plumes appear.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-2

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-18) 46/61 HP + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/70 HP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-12/13) 18/35 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-8) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (L-12) 36/58 HP, will deal 15 thunder damage to adjacent creatures and objects at end of next turn
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (D-17, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19) -255 HP, Sureiya's quarry, temporarily invulnerable (enveloped by the maelstrom[/b]
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74030 edit
"Finish off these things and take cover!"
Ranged twin strike (23 and 20) targeting plume 2 and 4.
>> No. 74031 edit
File 138433589943.png - (849.20KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZX.png )
74031
Sureiya turns and hurls his magic sword, dispersing one plume cloud but missing the other completely.

Sureiya's twin strike misses plume 4 but hits and dissipates plume 4.

Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-2

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-18) 46/61 HP + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/70 HP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-12/13) 18/35 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-8) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (L-12) 36/58 HP, will deal 15 thunder damage to adjacent creatures and objects at end of next turn
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (D-17, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19) -255 HP, Sureiya's quarry, temporarily invulnerable (enveloped by the maelstrom[/b]
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74032 edit
Myn moves in to look at one of the floating feathers more closely, but the wind unfortunately makes him blink at the wrong moment.

Minor action: Curse Val'akir.
Move action: Move to K-15.
Standard action: Cast Spiteful Glamor against Razor Plume 4.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4303379/

>> No. 74033 edit
File 138439934310.png - (753.95KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZY.png )
74033
Myn throws his curse back on the bloodied elemental before closing for a prime shot on the nearest cloud of plumes--though even intense concentration and a hateful glare fails to convince them to disperse.

Meanwhile, more plumes fall from Val'akir's form as the winds begin to kick up and swirl in a vortex-like pattern around her, and it's nearly impossible to hear anything in the room over the sounds of the raging winds. It appears an intense storm is about to be unleashed...

Myn moves then curses Val'akir, but misses a plume with spiteful glamor.
Val'akir creates additional plumes instead of channeling the leyline.
Val'akir begins to charge Aerial Blast
. You'd do well to find cover.

Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Samel (Uncle Mion): 24-1
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-2

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-15) 46/61 HP + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (H-15) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/70 HP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-12/13) 18/35 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-8) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (L-12) 36/58 HP, will deal 15 thunder damage to adjacent creatures and objects at end of next turn
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (D-17, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19) -255 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), temporarily invulnerable (enveloped by the maelstrom[/b]
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14
Razor Plume 5 (Enemy): L-10
Razor Plume 6 (Enemy): L-14
Razor Plume 7 (Enemy): F-10
Razor Plume 8 (Enemy): F-14

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74034 edit
I delay after Bern! Let's see if she hits first.
>> No. 74035 edit
File 131005666672.png - (102.01KB , 213x284 , bern79.png )
74035
>>74029
"We weren't done yet!"

Minor action: SC to G-12.
Standard action: Emerald Lure vs. plumes 1, 3, 7, and 8.
http://orokos.com/roll/149412
http://orokos.com/roll/149413
Move action: M-8.

>> No. 74036 edit
Knowing that another powerful attack is about to happen, Samel desperately seeks a shelter and finds himself forced to use the nearest damaged pillar. He takes out his mace, trembling, and prepares himself to fight the threat before his shelter. At that moment, just like a miracle, all feathers are destroyed by the powerful psychic power of the great shaman.

Willing to help in return, the cleric turns around and uses the sacred light to clear another pillar. However, letting himself overtaken by the situation, he is no longer able to concentrate and the result talks by itself.


Standard action: I use Sacred flames on Razor Plume 4. (17) http://orokos.com/roll/149416
Movement action: I move to E-16


Last edited at 13/11/13(Wed)21:25:41
>> No. 74037 edit
File 13844173786.png - (683.38KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZ.png )
74037
As the shaman seeks cover, she commands her spirit companion to invoke a powerful lure on the feathers gathered near the northern end of the room--and it seems effective, and the feathers disperse as they are drawn towards the spirit's fading form. Samel attempts to use holy fire against a nearby cloud of feathers, but it somehow perseveres.

Bernkastel summoners her spirit companion, then uses emerald lure, dispersing the top fourmost razor plumes. She moves.
Samel moves and misses a plume with sacred flame.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-2

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-15) 46/61 HP + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (E-16) 51/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/70 HP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-12/13) 18/35 HP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-8) 65/65 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 36/58 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (D-17, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (A/B/C-17/18/19) -255 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), temporarily invulnerable (enveloped by the maelstrom[/b]
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14
Razor Plume 5 (Enemy): L-10
Razor Plume 6 (Enemy): L-14

Objects
Pillar 1 (F-9): 60/60 HP
Pillar 2 (F-15): 21/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 3 (L-9): 28/60 HP badly damaged
Pillar 4 (L-15): 28/60 HP badly damaged

Notes
The pillars take half damage from most attacks but full damage from attacks that deal thunder damage. When a pillar is destroyed, it may damage nearby creatures.
Moving into a square adjacent to the maelstrom (or the vortex pockets) or ending your turn within will cause it to push you 6 squares. The vortex pockets are marked by the clouded areas of the map.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74038 edit
"Sureiya! Climb on!"
delay until after sureiya
>> No. 74039 edit
"Oh darn, she's mad."
Attempting to finish off the remaining minions, Sureiya hurls his farbond against the plumes next to the pillar and tries to mount Rutger as soon the blade is again on his hand.
Twin strike, one hit http://orokos.com/roll/149527
Mount Rutger
Panic as minor action

>> No. 74040 edit
Torinn hurries around the perimeter to take cover behind the undamaged pillar.

"Everyone brace yourselves!"

move to K/L-6/7
move to D/E-7/8

>> No. 74041 edit
Myn sets some stuff on fire and hides behind a pillar.

Standard action: Cast Argent Rain centered at K-13.
Attack rolls:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4304205/
Move action: Move to M-16.

>> No. 74042 edit
File 138449003587.png - (408.24KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZA.png )
74042
Torinn hesitates just long enough for Sureiya to hurl his blade at the distant plumes once more, managing to disperse one of them. The ranger then climbs on Rutger's back, and the two seek the safety of the undamaged pilar. For his part, the warlock drops a fiery zone which removes one of the other remaining plume clouds in a puff of flame.

As the energy surrounding Val'akir reaches a crescendo, a bolt of lightning strikes Myn, though that is nothing compared to the unbelievably powerful windstorm that is unleashed from the elemental in the room's center, the roaring sound of which drowns out all other. The pillars are instantly turned to dust and debris, which slams into the ground all around the adventurers, who are thankfully unhurt by their collapse, though the thunder energy has left several of them bloody.

Val'akir gasps for breath for a moment, as though that attack took a lot out of her. It only takes that brief moment for her to recover her mouth, however, and she shrieks, "No escape! No hope! NONE! NONE AT ALL!!!" As she does so, the entire room is enveloped in a swirling vortex of wind, which leaves Torinn, Sureiya, and Samel blinded temporarily, until they can manage to escape the vortex. The vortex begins to whirl at an incredible speed, indicating to the three that they should try to escape quickly, or be scattered to the winds. Val'akir herself moves forward, as if to cut off the escape of the mounted duo.

Torinn delays, Sureiya uses twin strike to dispatch a plume and mounts Rutger.
Torinn moves behind a pillar, then Myn eliminates another plume with argent rain, and moves behind a pillar.
Val'akir uses channel the leyline, hitting Myn for 23 lightning damage. Myn will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at the end of his next turn.
Val'akir uses aerial blast, dealing 52 thunder damage to all creatures and objects in a close burst 30. The party reduces the damage by 2/3rds because they are in total cover, taking 17 thunder damage. All of the pillars are completely destroyed.
Following this, you are enveloped by a vortex, with the only clear ground being the narrow middle area. The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage. The maelstrom rages on somewhere in the pocket, a minor action perception check may tell you where.
Val'akir moves.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-16) 16/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 5, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (E-16) 34/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/70 HP (Bloodied), +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-7/8) 6/35 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 52/65 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 19/58 HP (Bloodied)
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (D-17, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (F/G/H-7/8/9) -255 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn)
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Notes
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage. The elemental maelstrom rages on somewhere in the pocket, a minor action perception check may tell you where.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74043 edit
File 138449599259.png - (81.75KB , 308x271 , bern47.png )
74043
"She's really desperate now, huh." 'But we can use the winds, too,' thinks the shaman, again calling the locals to whisk her allies into position.

Minor action: Call SC to E-9, elevation 2. 4 THP to Rutger.
Move action: Walking to I-12, SC to I-8, elevation 1.
Move action: Resent the Axis, making me waste yet another standard action in a double move.
> rutger to G/H-10/11 (this allows sureiya to dismount directly into I-9 which limits Slipstream's devastation potential while allowing for twin strike but it can be elsewhere if torinn wants to reposition himself on his turn without provoking OAs)
> samel to somewhere in the 12-column so he can use bacon and then move far away
> myn needs to be within 3 squares of samel which means staying in the 15-column and not too far south depending on where samel chooses to go


Last edited at 13/11/14(Thu)22:17:15
>> No. 74044 edit
File 138453800748.png - (543.07KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZB.png )
74044
The shaman recalls her spirit companion, and again, utilizes the spirits of wind to reposition her allies and speed them on their way, moving them into place for the cleric's divine magic.

Bernkastel uses call spirit companion, Rutger gains 4 thp.
Bernkastel moves.
Bernkastel uses reorient the axis, granting her allies shifts.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (I-15) 16/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 5, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (G-12) 34/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/70 HP (Bloodied), +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-10/11) 6/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 52/65 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 21/58 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 thunder
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (F/G/H-7/8/9) -255 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn)
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Notes
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage. The elemental maelstrom rages on somewhere in the pocket, a minor action perception check may tell you where.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74045 edit
"We will never forfeit, just die already!"
Samel is exhausted, but returns in meditation.
"I won't be able to keep it up for much longer", he thinks. "I will use that."
The deva opens the palm of his right hand, this time taking an aggressive stance. Suddenly, divine energy starts to flow from his magic symbol and concentrate at the end of his palm.

Then, he moves his hand forward and the powerful energy strikes right into the elemental lord.

The cleric uses this opportunity to chant his healing prayer, looking at Torinn, this time using his palm to send even more strength at his ally.if it hits ofc.

Standard action: I use Beacon of Hope (21) http://orokos.com/roll/149873
Minor action: I use Healing word 2 on Torinn (22)http://orokos.com/roll/149875
Movement action: I move to I-16


Last edited at 13/11/15(Fri)21:58:49
>> No. 74046 edit
"...What the heck was that?!"
Sureiya mutters some words of astonishment, but quickly realizes this is no time to lack off. Then, the ranger jumps from the trained tiger and swing thrice, but he doesn't look very focused.
Dismount at I-9
Twin strike! (one hit for 20 damage, I think)
Off-hand strike! (miss)
http://orokos.com/roll/149887
http://orokos.com/roll/149888


Last edited at 13/11/15(Fri)23:44:11
>> No. 74047 edit
File 138464597983.png - (540.53KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZC.png )
74047
Samel prays solemnly for a brief moment, and then explodes with a brilliant light that envelops the deva like a pillar. As it shines on his allies, they each feel a bit of their resilience return, while Val'akir falters, screaming, "No, NO! My power, NO!" With a mere word, Samel restores Torinn to full health, and puts some distance between himself and the fiend.

Sureiya hops off the mount and strikes viciously with each of his blades--scoring one hit, scattering Val'akir's feathers, and one miss.

Samel uses beacon of hope, hitting Val'akir and weakening her. Samel moves and uses healing word on Torinn, Torinn spends a surge and is healed to full. The party regains 9 hit points (7 for Samel), and Samel's healing powers heal an additional 5 hit points until the end of the encounter.
Sureiya dismounts and uses twin strike, hitting once for 20 damage and missing once.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (I-15) 25/61 HP (Bloodied), darkspiral aura 5, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (I-16) 41/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-10/11) 15/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-9) 61/65 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 29/58 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 thunder
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (F/G/H-7/8/9) -275 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), weakened
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Notes
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage. The elemental maelstrom rages on somewhere in the pocket, a minor action perception check may tell you where.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74048 edit
Torinn drops his blade for a moment to lay a reassuring hand on Bernkastel's shoulder, pulsing with divine healing. "Stay strong," he encourages as her wounds close, before picking his weapon back up. The paladin infuses his blade with light, slashing at Val'akir and giving the warlock some vigor.

drop weapon
restore vitality to Bernkastel, heal her for my surge value
pick up weapon
strike of hope : http://orokos.com/roll/149983 (19,12) - give Myn 10 THPs

>> No. 74049 edit
File 138466836454.png - (540.08KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZD.png )
74049
With a healing hand, Torinn recharges a bit of the shaman's vitality before turning his radiant-energy-infused blade on Val'akir, which inspires Myn to keep in the fight.

Torinn uses restore vitality on Benrkastel, she regains 22 hit points.
Torinn's strike of hope hits Val'akir for 12 radiant damage, granting Myn 10 THP.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (I-15) 25/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (I-16) 41/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 70/70 HP, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-10/11) 15/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-9) 61/65 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 51/58 HP, resist 2 thunder
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (F/G/H-7/8/9) -287 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), weakened
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Notes
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage. The elemental maelstrom rages on somewhere in the pocket, a minor action perception check may tell you where.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74050 edit
File 138467215069.gif - (381.04KB , 180x135 , 1368881946273.gif )
74050
Myn never asked for this.


Use Life Siphon off of last damaged person.

Move action: Move to L-9.
Minor action: Cast Fey Bargain.
Standard action: Cast Spiteful Glamor against Val'akir.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4307038/

Free action: Use all gloves of eldritch admixture charges(fire damage).
(AP) Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Val'akir.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4307039/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4307040/


Last edited at 13/11/16(Sat)23:10:04
>> No. 74051 edit
File 138475462621.png - (590.69KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZE.png )
74051
Myn makes a quick fey bargain as he moves away, granting him extra accuracy on his next attack--which he promptly wastes as dust blows into his eyes, completely ruining the concentration on his usual spite-filled psychic attack. Shaking his head, he calls upon inner strength to conjure another quick attack, pouring his power into a sharing his frustration and pain with the air elemental, which seems reasonably effective.

As Val'akir writhes in agony, she gestures towards the leyline, and another lightning bolt narrowly misses Torinn. However, the dragonborn feels charged with thunder energy, the same energy that Val'akir gathers into a massive burst before her. It sits there for a moment, and then the elemental flaps her wings forward, causing the gathered energy to streak across, blasting the foes gathered before her. Torinn and his mount seem to weather the storm only slightly worse for wear, though Bernkastel seems knocked a bit out of it by the unexpected blast. However, it does seem noticeably weaker than before... "Noooo! How could this be?!" rages Val'akir

Myn moves and uses fey bargain.
Myn misses Val'akir with spiteful glamor.
Myn uses an action point! Myn uses shared agony, which hits Val'akir for 31 psychic damage.
Val'akir uses channel the leyline via mastery of the leyline, missing Torinn. Torinn will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at the end of his next turn.
Sureiya misses Val'akir with [b]battle awareness
. http://orokos.com/roll/150146
Val'akir uses slipstream, missing Torinn and Rutger for 5 thunder damage (Rutger reduces to 0, originally 10) but hitting Bernkastel for 10 thunder damage (reduced to 8, originally 20). Bernkastel is dazed until the end of Val'akir's next turn.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-9) 25/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (I-16) 41/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, +4 Reflex, +2 to all defenses, +2 to attack rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-10/11) 15/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-9) 61/65 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 43/58 HP, resist 2 thunder, dazed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-8, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (F/G/H-7/8/9) -318 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), weakened
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Notes
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage. The elemental maelstrom rages on somewhere in the pocket, a minor action perception check may tell you where.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes
>> No. 74052 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
74052
Upon seeing Sureiya having trouble focusing (and hitting), the nearby spirit tries infusing itself to boost his morale.

Standard action: Spirit Infusion for Sureiya. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4308163/ (i forgot gauntlets of blood so +2 damage pls)
Sureiya shifts to J-10 with Spirit's Step.


Last edited at 13/11/17(Sun)22:34:08
>> No. 74054 edit
File 138475676163.png - (582.29KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZF.png )
74054
Still a bit dazed, Bernkastel commands her spirit companion to infuse Sureiya with enough energy to allow him to strike with his blade again, and this time he manages to land a solid hit, which results in Val'akir vanishing into thin air, and the elemental maelstrom appearing before Sureiya. Still riding the energy burst received from the spirit, the ranger backs away.

Bernkastel uses spirit infusion, granting Sureiya a melee basic attack, which hits for 24 damage. This trigger's Val'akir's maelstrom affinity, and she teleports, swapping places with the maelstrom.
Sureiya shifts via spirit's step.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-9) 25/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (I-16) 41/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, +4 Reflex, +2 to all defenses, +2 to attack rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-10/11) 15/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-10) 61/65 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 43/58 HP, resist 2 thunder, dazed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-8, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (???) -344 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), weakened
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Notes
To discern Val'akir's location, a successful perception is needed.
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74055 edit
File 138479712489.png - (163.57KB , 474x455 , deviantmionserious.png )
74055
"What now?! You can't get away!"
Samel inspects the vortex pockets with eagle-eyes. He makes sure that everyone know of her position.
Minor: Perception check (34) http://orokos.com/roll/150285


Last edited at 13/11/18(Mon)21:00:57
>> No. 74057 edit
File 138483977919.png - (611.31KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZG.png )
74057
Though Samel can't actually see Val'akir, a subtle change in the sound of the western edge of the Vortex reveals her location.

Samel's perception check succeeds.

Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-9) 25/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (I-16) 41/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, +4 Reflex, +2 to all defenses, +2 to attack rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-10/11) 15/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-10) 61/65 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 43/58 HP, resist 2 thunder, dazed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-8, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (I/J/K-1/2/3) -344 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), weakened
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Notes
To discern Val'akir's location, a successful perception is needed.
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74058 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 )
74058
Sureiya's Turn

Minor action: Perception for no real reason
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4309408/
Move action: J-8.
Standard action: Ranged Twin Strike with Prime Shot
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4309404/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4309406/

>> No. 74059 edit
File 138484614076.png - (611.42KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZH.png )
74059
Sureiya listens carefully, but doesn't detect anything that Samel didn't already warn him of. He therefore strides forward and hurls his magic blade twice, and judging by the shriek that emerges from the vortex he definitely hit at least once.

Sureiya's perception detects nothing new.
Sureiya moves and uses ranged twin strike, missing once and hitting once for 12 damage.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-9) 25/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (I-16) 41/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, +4 Reflex, +2 to all defenses, +2 to attack rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-10/11) 15/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-8) 61/65 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 43/58 HP, resist 2 thunder, dazed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-8, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (I/J/K-1/2/3) -356 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), weakened
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Notes
To discern Val'akir's location, a successful perception is needed.
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74060 edit
Torinn withdraws coolly. Then prepares for Val'akir's reemergence.
move to J/K-15/16
ready action to charge Val'akir after she is visible again

>> No. 74061 edit
File 138491642653.png - (610.19KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZI.png )
74061
Torinn urges Rutger to carry him a distance and readies himself to attack.

Torinn moves and readies an action to charge Val'akir when she again becomes visible.

Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-9) 25/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (I-16) 41/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, +4 Reflex, readied action
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-15/16) 15/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-8) 61/65 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 43/58 HP, resist 2 thunder, dazed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-8, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (I/J/K-1/2/3) -356 HP, Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), weakened
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-10
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): K-10
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): G-14
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-14

Notes
To discern Val'akir's location, a successful perception is needed.
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74062 edit
File 138494032844.gif - (759.13KB , 300x169 , 1363596019671.gif )
74062
Myn did ask for this.

Move action: Move to M-6.
Standard action: Cast All the Sand, All the Stars centered at K-4.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4310572/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4310576/

>> No. 74063 edit
File 138500307193.png - (561.89KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZJ.png )
74063
As Myn approaches the edge of the vortex, he channels incredible amounts of psychic power into the swirling cloud, and can feel the fiend within reeling in agony as his attack finds its mark. A bolt of lightning narrowly misses the half-orc, as if Val'akir was too distracted in recovery. However, feathers begin to emerge in all directions from the cloud, swirling into those familiar razor-edged clouds, and they move into position in the eastern half of the room.

Myn moves, then uses all the sand all the stars, which CRITS Val'akir for 39 psychic damage. Val'akir is also dazed.
Val'akir's channel the leyline via mastery of the leyline misses Sureiya. Sureiya will deal 15 thunder damage to objects and creatures within 2 squares at the end of his next turn.
Val'akir begins charging mistral shriek, creating four razor plumes. The razor plumes move. The dazing effect ends at the end of her turn.


Initiative
Val'akir, the Vortex (Mastery of the Leyline): 34
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): 24
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12-1
Samel (Uncle Mion): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 7-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 7-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 7-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-9) 25/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 5
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (I-16) 41/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, +4 Reflex, readied action
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-15/16) 15/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-8) 61/65 HP, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 43/58 HP, resist 2 thunder
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-8, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (I/J/K-1/2/3) -395 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), charging mistral shriek
Razor Plume 1 (Enemy): G-15
Razor Plume 2 (Enemy): L-15
Razor Plume 3 (Enemy): H-18
Razor Plume 4 (Enemy): K-18

Notes
The properties of the vortex have changed, as the vortex now blocks line of sight for creatures other than Val'akir. Ending your turn within the vortex pocket will cause you to be pushed 6 squares outside the vortex and take some damage.
When Val'akir is charging mistral shriek or aerial blast, it would do well for you to seek cover.
You can enter or move through spaces occupied by razor plumes.
>> No. 74064 edit
File 138112723687.jpg - (70.38KB , 400x447 , penguin.jpg )
74064
We're almost there... All or nothing, then.

Minor action: SC adjacent to Myn
Standard action: Spirit infusion for Myn. He can spirit's step a square to the east.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4311510/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4311512/
Minor action: SC to J-4, elevation 2.

Note: as of this eldritch blast, Val'akir has 10 HP left.


Last edited at 13/11/20(Wed)22:59:43
>> No. 74065 edit
File 138501799627.png - (106.65KB , 640x480 , kan_03.png )
74065
"You're finished!"
Stressed from a long fight, the ranger charges to where he thinks Val'akir is hiding, but misses once. Then, thanks the unnerving aura of the shaman's spirit companion, Sureiya is able to listen Val'akir gasps and poinpoints her correct position, stopping her for good.
Move to J-4
Twin strike! (one miss and a hit for 14 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/150857
>> No. 74066 edit
File 138502602243.png - (713.53KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZK.png )
74066
The shaman recalls her spirit, which then infuses itself into Myn, who manages another hit on the vortex-wrapped elemental. With her now-resummoned spirit providing sufficient distraction, Sureiya closes in to deliver the final blow--a vertical slice with his blade that splits open the elemental's gut, leaving her clutching at the dripping wound and recoiling. Just as the vortex dissipates, Sureiya is violently thrown backwards, leaving the group to stare at the wounded Val'akir.

"No... NO!!!" she shrieks, contorting her form in agony. "A thousand curses on you, mortals! When I return, I..." at this point, she can speak no more, and her body dissolves into feathers and wind. The razor plumes cease their swirling and fall to the ground, and all is silent, aside from the faint crackling and thunder from the leyline.

Bernkastel resummons her companion and uses spirit infusion, which allows Myn to eldritch blast Val'akir, which hits for 31 damage.
Bernkastel resummons her companion again after its dismissed from infusion.
Samel delays.
Sureiya moves and uses twin strike, one miss and one hit for 14 damage. This defeats Val'akir.
Sureiya is violently expelled from the vortex, which then dissipates.


Final Statistics
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-7) 25/61 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, darkspiral aura 6
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Samel (Uncle Mion): (I-16) 41/59
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/70 HP, +4 Reflex, readied action
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-15/16) 15/35 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-10) 61/65 HP, will deal 15 thunder damage to creatures and objects within 2 squares at end of next turn
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (I-12) 43/58 HP, resist 2 thunder, dazed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (J-4, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-11, Elevation 1)

Enemies
Val'akir, the Vortex (Enemy): (I/J/K-1/2/3) -440 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, Cursed (Myn), charging mistral shriek DEFEATED
>> No. 74069 edit
With the fight over, Torinn sheathes his weapon and gets out the ritual scroll.

"Gather round, everybody. It's time to place the beacon and have some visions."

Use the last ritual scroll
>> No. 74070 edit
File 138509844387.jpg - (44.73KB , 450x641 , bern-s4 (2).jpg )
74070
"I'm... surprised. I did not expect to survive. We should have stood no chance against an elemental lord."

The spirits return to the shaman's side. Together, they look over the remnants of the battle with mixed feelings, and, strangely enough, maybe looking a little disappointed.

Look http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4312782/

Last edited at 13/11/21(Thu)21:34:39
>> No. 74071 edit
"...she wasn't that strong, was she? She didn't manage to land a single hit on me."
Sureiya takes a few minutes to catch his breath, even if he wasn't wounded. He also looks around.
Perception (19) http://orokos.com/roll/151081
>> No. 74072 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74072
A thorough search of the room by "Bernkastel" and Sureiya reveals no hidden surprises of any kind. There's not much of note left in here.
>> No. 74073 edit
"I suppose you were too busy missing her to be hit, Mister Surieya."

"I wonder how hard it would be to permanently kill these things."
>> No. 74074 edit
File 138519622664.png - (181.94KB , 592x585 , bern17.png )
74074
>>74071
Geez, she should have been strong, though.

Before sneaking into the ritual group, the shaman picks up some of Val'akir's feathers and stows them away.


Last edited at 13/11/23(Sat)00:44:37
>> No. 74075 edit
Audio 29_-_Repression_(Memoro_de_la_S^tono)_0.mp3 - (4.89MB , 29 - Repression (Memoro de la S^tono).mp3 )
74075
As the group gathers around, Torinn begins to read from the ritual scroll. The others feel their minds joined in the communal casting of the ritual spell, and there is the now-familiar feeling of consciousness melting away, as if being transported to a far-flung place and time...

A small, quaint, riverside village. Various humanoids dwell here, simple folk, going about their day-to-day lives--tending crops and livestock. It is late evening, and in the shadows of the fading day, one homely-looking human female commoner slips into a narrow alleyway, alone.

There she is confronted by a figure almost completely covered in ragged robes. She smiles, oddly, and speaks, "Ragrim!" she calls out, and moves as if to embrace him. Suddenly, the robed figure holds up a hand, giving her pause, and though she looks uncertain, her face still holds a look of joy. "I-I'm so glad to see you once more! But these trysts... it's going to arouse some suspicion, soon. I am certain we can find a home for you here, if you are ready for it!"

"...I understand, Cordelia. But that's what I've come to speak of." the voice hesitates, and you catch a glimpse of an orcish figure beneath the hooded robes. "Something... strange has happened, and in my battle against Obould... I failed. My clan is lost. I would live out the rest of my days with you here, but... fate has something else in mind." With that, he holds up his hand and clenches it into a fist, which erupts into shadowy tendrils of energy.

Cordelia gasps briefly, then studies the spectacle with curiosity. Ragrim continues, "It is... dangerous. I must first master it, before it masters me. That is why I cannot stay here... not yet. I must return to the place wherein I was granted such power, and learn control. Once I have done so, I will return. Until then, my love, farewell..."

The human woman smiles as she watches her love depart, and softly speaks after him, "No matter how long, dear Ragrim, I will wait for you... we will wait for you."

You are drawn elsewhere, back into the throne room--but you do not see your own bodies here. Instead, the two storm giants alone are present, and alive, looking at the throne--one that looks quite differently than the throne you observed when you first entered this chamber. Lokradin clutches an orb--the same orb Myn now possesses, angrily, and says, "Traitorous mortals! Our father is lost because of them!"

Calmly, Thorai studies the leyline, which is practically bursting with energy, leaking into a massive vortex of chaos that you recognize as the elemental maelstrom, gathered behind the ornate throne. "Yes... and we will make them pay. But there is great power here. If we could discover how to use it, not only might we be able to undo the damage done by Val'akir, and find the last of the vermin that escaped... we might even be able to accomplish much, much more. We need only a way to master Val'akir's power..."

"Do you desire vengeance?" a voice calls, seemingly from the leyline. Both of the giants look nervously from side to side, and grip their weapons. Slowly, their gaze focuses on the maelstrom...

A ruined village--some of you remember encountering the ruins of his place on your way to Mithral Hall. There is nothing here but bodies, fire, and wreckage--and a lone, cloaked figure, slowly passing through. He tosses the hood of his cloak back, revealing the face of Ragrim Dragonsworn--his skin now nearly black as charcoal, and his face twisted in an expression of grief.

He pauses near one of the houses, and steps into the ruins--picking up a handful of ash, and letting it run between his fingers... before throwing his head back and howling in apparent pain and fury. As he howls, there is an explosion of shadowy power that engulfs the entire house, and washes over the village, reducing what few structures remained partially intact to dust. It gathers into a column that shoots into the sky, twisting the clouds as it seems to part the very heavens themselves. And in the distance, unseen by Ragrim, a figure garbed in red and gold looks on...


Suddenly, you snap back to your senses. The ritual is complete.
>> No. 74076 edit
File 138526274121.png - (168.00KB , 474x455 , mion77.png )
74076
Samel sits on the remains of a pillar and thinks. He asks:

"This person, Ragrim, who is he exactly?"

Last edited at 13/11/23(Sat)19:12:38
>> No. 74077 edit
File 129475012166.jpg - (62.52KB , 310x438 , 11567225.jpg )
74077
Confirmed, huh.

>>74076
"I think he's the Fell King."
>> No. 74078 edit
File 138527052973.png - (168.77KB , 474x455 , mion105.png )
74078
>>74077
"As I feared, it is really him."

"Then tell me, what do you know of the power he was referring to? Does anyone know of the place he mentioned, where he gained such power? What about the ruins? What did you learn from this fragmented miracle?"

Samel murmurs to himself while waiting for the answers.

"It's true, so everything else must be too... the war... They want to stop him at all cost, even the duke told me, even Myn explained some of it right infront of me, but I couldn't believe them until I see it with my own eyes."


Last edited at 13/11/23(Sat)22:11:51
>> No. 74079 edit
File 131760978037.png - (38.58KB , 151x204 , flip.png )
74079
>>74078
At Samel's request, the shaman shuffles through her notes and tries to organize her information into a summary.

"Mr. Ragrim Dragonsworn fought Obould Many-arrows for the right to be orc chieftain near what I suspect is a leyline, which dropped Mr. Dragonsworn into the Shadowfell, which is a parallel plane to ours except more gloomy and the source of the shadowy power. As you saw, Ms. Cordelia lived in that village, which was burned to the ground by... I think Many-arrows orcs of the time."

She then goes back to adding to her notes.
>> No. 74080 edit
File 129625592147.png - (59.43KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana17.png )
74080
"Well, if we were sure that village was raided by the Many-arrows, or that Ragrim thought it was then he would have the perfect motivation to start this war."

Trying to use his little gray cells a little more than he's used to, the ranger questions: "So, if the Fell King has been expecting our attacks on the leylines, do you think he has been the one making us see those visions too?"
>> No. 74081 edit
Audio 27_-_Shadow_Lord.mp3 - (3.08MB , 27 - Shadow Lord.mp3 )
74081
As Sureiya speaks, an ominous chill fills the room, and the illumination provided by the leyline dims substantially. A figure appears, shadowy and insubstantial, where the throne used to sit...
>> No. 74083 edit
File 13852748245.png - (56.61KB , 336x138 , kan_eye1.png )
74083
Sureiya stares at the figure, blades in hand.
>> No. 74084 edit
File 138527485351.png - (747.73KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZL.png )
74084
It appears as a towering humanoid figure with charcoal-black skin that seems to segment into armored plates below the neck, and veins of purple energy pulsate in patterns throughout the figure's body. Its face looks as though it sports quite a bit of facial hair, yet rather than hair it is composed of the same material as the rest of the body. A pair of glowing eyes regard you from a vaguely orcish face, and it speaks in a voice that seems to force you back with its sheer power, "Tormine. Nthelsyr. Interlopers. Half-breed. Angelspawn... know this. You have been marked by me... you and all that you care for. My gaze is upon you..." It lingers for a moment, then slowly begins to fade away.
>> No. 74085 edit
File 129457034059.png - (8.75KB , 107x107 , hi.png )
74085
The shaman reacts quickly, reaching into her bag to pull out the Ragrim's talisman to show the figure, and begins speaking in Primordial.

"--- --- --. ------ -----------? --- --- --. --------'- ---------- --- --------. --- ------ ---- ---- -------! --- --- --- --- -- ---- -- -------?"

When it looks like Sureiya, or anyone else for that matter, understands, I'll motion for them to keep quiet about it.

Last edited at 13/11/23(Sat)22:58:17
>> No. 74086 edit
File 138527770127.png - (191.66KB , 474x455 , mion70.png )
74086
>>74085
The angelspawn stands up and fixes the shaman with confusion.
Samel uses Understand Language to learn primordial.

Last edited at 13/11/23(Sat)23:21:41
>> No. 74087 edit
File 131199255045.png - (86.84KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia1.png )
74087
"Half-breed? I'll make sure you learn my last name the next time we encounter."
A little focused on his own thoughts, the ranger almost misses the shaman talking in a peculiar language. A language he's familiar with though.


"What did you just-?"

Last edited at 13/11/24(Sun)11:32:42
>> No. 74088 edit
File 138530804289.jpg - (220.34KB , 487x665 , Some Things In Life Are Bad They Can Really Make Y.jpg )
74088
For a brief instant, Torinn is paralyzed with fear. Not at the Fell King, or the threat on his life. He is afraid for his family, for his countrymen. He sees Tymanther savaged by roaring winds, geysers ripping through buildings like paper. The citizens are swallowed by the earth and consumed in hellfire. Including his family.

The spell breaks quickly, and Torinn is overcome with righteous indignation. The Fell King is in no position to make threats, he thinks. Not after having so many of his guardians struck down.
"How low you've sunk, o Fallen Hero," Torinn shouts after it, "that I would have to kneel just to spit on you and your abominable ambitions!"

Torinn takes the armaments of the storm giants with him and leaves the bodies behind. "We're leaving," he announces. "Now."
>> No. 74089 edit
"At least HE can pronounce my name. You might take notes, Miss Bernkastel."

Reasonably pleased by the acknowledgement, Myn wonders what he meant by 'care for'.
>> No. 74090 edit
File 129824298359.png - (16.50KB , 130x130 , 15984695.png )
74090
>>74087
"Maybe I'll explain later."

>>74089
"Yes, that is what I was doing."

>>74088
"Mr. Tormyne, we have announcements for the people at the cave, don't we?"

Last edited at 13/11/24(Sun)12:35:05
>> No. 74091 edit
File 131450054194.jpg - (32.19KB , 294x473 , Something Wicked This Way Comes.jpg )
74091
>>74090
"That's where I was going," he growls impatiently.
>> No. 74092 edit
File 138532622445.png - (31.39KB , 147x228 , bern9.png )
74092
>>74091
"In that case, I'll search the palace for the armory."
>> No. 74093 edit
"This place might still be dangerous. I'll go with you." Says Sureiya, following the shaman.
>> No. 74094 edit
File 138533638145.png - (935.58KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZL.png )
74094
A moment later, the darkness vanishes, along with the figure. If he heard the adventurer's responses, there was no reaction to indicate such.
>> No. 74095 edit
"Not very talkative, I suppose."

Myn accompanies the looting party.
>> No. 74096 edit
File 138536016636.png - (459.82KB , 1010x670 , upperlevelZZM.png )
74096
While backtracking, the party quickly discovers that the only other path upstairs is this thoroughly caved-in hallway. Back downstairs leads to a pair of feasting halls, the secret room, and the cellar from which you entered.
>> No. 74097 edit
File 138536115772.png - (46.06KB , 191x323 , 9979753b.png )
74097
>>74096
"I think we'll have to find another way into the palace, like the front door," guesses the shaman, observing the rubble.
>> No. 74098 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74098
Once the party begins to trace their steps back through the cellar, they find their way back to the caverns where the slaves are kept. You are regarded nervously by the gathered slaves, and the scarred dragonborn female pushes her way towards the group to face them directly. She appears to be waiting for you to speak.
>> No. 74099 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
74099
Desiring to ask the shaman about her message, the ranger goes ahead and talks with the newly freed slaves, even if he thinks he's not the best suited for doing it.

"So... this is kind of hard to explain. We defeated the giants. You might return to the village and maybe claim back these ruins for you, the curse of the desert should be gone as well.
On the other side, this spirit you called the Windrunner was actually a projection of Val'akir, looking for a way to break the seal your people made years ago. We also dealt with her for now, so actually I don't know if it would be a good idea to stay here."
Comfort/Calm down people (22) http://orokos.com/roll/151588
>> No. 74100 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74100
There is a gasp from the assembled elven slaves as Sureiya mentions the windrunner's true identity, but only a sagely nod from the dragonborn female. The other dragonborn slaves don't seem all that perturbed either. Though there are noises of discontent from some of the elves, she replies, "We thank you for what you have done. We have little else to offer you other than our gratitude, however. I will begin to rally the people for a journey across the desert. It may take some time to convince them, but I'm certain they will do so. What will you do now?"
>> No. 74101 edit
File 130052470041.png - (38.97KB , 138x186 , bern105.png )
74101
>>74100
"We'll be ransacking the palace for clues and valuables. By the way, if you've found any, please tell us."
>> No. 74102 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74102
The dragonborn regards "Bernkastel" with more than a hint of disgust, and shakes her head, saying, "I have my doubts that the giants left much of value lying around. Barring anything sealed behind barriers even they couldn't breach, anything magic was broken down to fuel summoning more archons into this realm. Now that the archons are free of the service of the giants and Val'akir, I imagine they'll be searching for ways to return to the Elemental Chaos. They should pose no threat to any of us. In any case, we have found nothing that would be of value to you."
>> No. 74103 edit
File 129893909984.png - (17.27KB , 130x135 , Psycho Stare.png )
74103
>>74102
"I see!" Torinn exclaims loudly and suddenly, grabbing Bernkastel by the scruff of the neck. "We'll take your word for it and be on our way without further defiling the relics of my people, won't we, everyone?"
>> No. 74104 edit
File 130908460460.jpg - (45.27KB , 155x304 , k20a.jpg )
74104
>>74103
"No, I want to look at the armory," insists the shaman, pulling away from the tyrant.
>> No. 74105 edit
File 134665019299.jpg - (86.31KB , 1300x722 , no shits given.jpg )
74105
>>74104
"We tried finding it earlier and didn't." Torinn insists. "And these people want to keep the relics of their ancestors themselves instead of having strangers take them away. Strangers who helped them, yet also destroyed a symbol of hope. So rather than rub salt in the wound, let's just quit while we're ahead and leave."
>> No. 74106 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
74106
>>74105
"We've barely explored half of the palace. Not only could we find more items of value--items which could help us during our inevitable confrontation with the Fell King--but our enemy may have left further tracks on this earthmote, and this is our last chance to look."

And besides, it's hardly our fault that they placed their hopes on their nemesis. Twice.

"Even if you don't want to come, I should be free to explore," concludes the shaman.
>> No. 74107 edit
File 129823783274.png - (347.58KB , 500x600 , Nameless Horror From Beyond The Void Off-Screen.png )
74107
>>74106
Torinn lunges at the shaman in vain, growling, "Fine. If you're so eager to take even more from these people, then you can do so while I'm miles away." He gives a nod to all the people assembled, then has Rutger take off to the exit.

miss with grab : http://orokos.com/roll/151753
leave Bernkastel to live out her life with the slaves

>> No. 74108 edit
File 137911977384.jpg - (58.88KB , 164x307 , mb13.jpg )
74108
>>74107
The shaman steps back again to avoid Torinn's lunge, clearly irritated. Without another word, she walks off to the palace.
>> No. 74109 edit
"There would be little harm in taking a look around, I think."

"Loot."

Myn heads towards the palace.

>> No. 74110 edit
File 138551538663.png - (203.88KB , 474x455 , mion42.png )
74110
Looking at Torinn, Samel murmurs: "Please excuse me." The cleric puts his hands behind his head and starts walking in the opposite direction.

"It can't be helped, we are your saviours after all.", exclaims Samel before going back inside, as if he forced himself to believe that reason.

Last edited at 13/11/26(Tue)18:13:29
>> No. 74111 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
74111
"What the hell is going on here?"
A little upset and embarrassed, the ranger addresses the scarred dragonborn again.

"Alright, convince them to return as soon as possible. The others in the village will be happy to see you back. The magic canteen I gave you before should help you in case your water supply is low."

After that, unless stopped, Sureiya leaves and runs if needed to caught up with Torinn.
"I can see it. This will be recorded into history as the story of the Brave bandits who saved the ungrateful slaves from the Storm Giants. Or something like that."
"Hey Torinn, wait for me!"
>> No. 74112 edit
File 138553132453.jpg - (79.26KB , 1057x989 , Obsidian_Destroyer.jpg )
74112
Watching the others depart with a hint of disdain, the scarred dragonborn turns back to Sureiya and nods, saying, "You have my thanks. For this, and for defeating the giants and freeing our people. The elves may not be too happy about the windrunner thing, but they'll get over it."

As Sureiya and Torinn head out back towards the expansive desert, the rest of the group makes their way back through the city and up the winding passage to the palace gates. At what appears to be the entrance you are confronted with two massive stone doors that block the entrance off. To the left and right of the doors are two anubisath-style statues, about fifteen feet tall and well-constructed, though the one to the right has been sheered off at the waist and lies in pieces on the ground. Perched on parapets along the top of the wall roughly 40 feet up a sheer climb that are four additional stone statues of a design you haven't seen before: they appear to be crafted from black obsidian, and have the body of a lion but with an upper torso of a human. They stand on four legs but have muscular arms and the head of a lion, complete with a copper-plated headdress of sorts. The statues appear roughly 8 feet tall and 12 feet long.
>> No. 74113 edit
File 132259706726.jpg - (20.60KB , 143x158 , mb9.jpg )
74113
>>74112
Taking 10 for Perception (24 total) to look around.

Unless someone stops me and warns me about golems, I'll just go for the door. Assuming a strength check is needed, I'll take 10 (19 total with Bracers).


Last edited at 13/11/26(Tue)22:24:03
>> No. 74114 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74114
The statues remain still as Bernkastel pushes the stone gates open using her magical bracers of mental might to channel her focus into raw strength. Beyond the gate appears to have once been a garden-lined path, though the plants have been untended to for some time and have apparently died off. The statues remain still, as they are apparently just statues now. Up the path lined by dead plants is a set of ornately-carved doors that lead into the palace's interior, surrounded by what were probably at one point very fancy windows that are now nearly completely obscured by sand. In fact, it's hard to see any of the path beneath you or other items on the ground because of all the sand.

Bernkastel notices nothing of note with her perception check.
>> No. 74115 edit
File 138519622664.png - (181.94KB , 592x585 , bern17.png )
74115
>>74114
Wordlessly, the shaman proceeds to the palace.

Watching for snakes. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4318381/
>> No. 74116 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74116
Beyond the door is a large hall with an unfortunately collapsed staircase in the center. Chandeliers hang from the ceiling, though there's also a crashed one on the floor. The decorations seem to mostly be in ruins, and a fair amount of sand has blown in from the outside--some of the upper-level windows are broken. On the ground level there are two available passages, both barred by unremarkable yet decorated wooden doors.
>> No. 74117 edit
File 135993143526.png - (45.22KB , 274x181 , pizza.png )
74117
>>74116
Perception again. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4319602/
Mage Hand to open the door to the right.

>> No. 74118 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74118
Bernkastel's inspection of the doors reveals no traps and no detectable sounds on the other sides, and opening the door to the right leads to a hallway. It leads a short distance north before turning a square corner. It would appear that all decorations in this hallway have been forcibly removed, there are areas on the wall where it looks like there were once paintings, and smashed mini-tables where perhaps things like vases and flowers once stood. It's very quiet and desolate, only the everburning glowstones in the walls remain.
>> No. 74119 edit
File 138561884561.jpg - (33.80KB , 288x206 , bernpizza.jpg )
74119
>>74118
I'll go back and Mage Hand the door to the left.
>> No. 74120 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74120
Behind the left door is what appears to be an office room. There may be objects of interest here, but there are no less than 20 gray-and-black snakes on the ground. They appear to be venomous asps, and hiss in the direction of the door as it is opened. Some of them begin to move towards Bernkastel.

Aside from the snakes is a desk, which is also covered in snakes, a chandelier from which coiling snakes hang, and a painting of snakes on the back wall.
>> No. 74121 edit
File 138268288446.png - (40.43KB , 158x181 , wat.png )
74121
The surprise makes it difficult for the shaman to get a good look at the room before she has to close the door with her cantrip.

nat 1 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4319626/


She moves on to the first door.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4319632/

Brandishing her trap-detecting ten-foot pole, the shaman walks inside.

Last edited at 13/11/27(Wed)22:33:38
>> No. 74122 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74122
Bernkastel closes the door and proceeds down the other hall without issue. After rounding the corner there is a circular stairway leading downwards on the left, and that's as far as the hallway gets before it ends abruptly, with caved-in rubble blocking the rest of the path forward.
>> No. 74123 edit
File 13115685735.png - (71.55KB , 281x270 , bern82.png )
74123
>>74122
Down the stairs.
>> No. 74124 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74124
Downstairs, Bernkastel enters a short hall with several open egresses that lead into a single, larger room that contains several open, empty chests, with armor and weapon racks lining the walls. There are also benches, but the place looks picked clean, aside from some broken, mundane weapons littering the ground, and a few scarabs crawling over them. To the south is a simple wooden door with a window placed in the top, and to the north is a much larger, barred metal door with what appears to be several locking mechanisms.
>> No. 74125 edit
File 130619839991.png - (3.51KB , 56x106 , bern127b.png )
74125
>>74124
Looting routine. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4319670/
Mage Hand for the less locked door.

>> No. 74127 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74127
Bernkastel doesn't find anything else here except some armor scraps and what appear to be some old, broken whetstones. On the other side of the unlocked door are some cots, desks, and shelves. Going by the rusted tools scattered across the shelves, it appears to be a small first-aid station.
>> No. 74128 edit
File 138562642013.png - (75.88KB , 247x310 , bern63.png )
74128
Upon determining that the big door is too difficult to open, the shaman resorts to force.

Spirit Infusing Myn to destroy the door.
>> No. 74129 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74129
The eldritch blast has no visible effect on the door.
>> No. 74130 edit
>>74129
More blasts, focused on the locking mechanism in particular.
>> No. 74131 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74131
The repeated blasts have some effect--the lock mechanisms are now blasted apart and completely unusable. The door itself, however, seems rather resistant to any attempts at blasting, and now there doesn't seem to be any way to open it. It would appear that the door is magically reinforced, given the ineffectiveness of repeated blasts from Myn.
>> No. 74132 edit
Sureiya travels with Torinn through the desert. Rutger makes it definitely easier.
"Miles away you said? Do you plan going somewhere?"
>> No. 74133 edit
File 129475012166.jpg - (62.52KB , 310x438 , 11567225.jpg )
74133
>>74131
Through the wall, then.
>> No. 74134 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74134
Blasting the walls has no effect. They are slightly scorched, but aside from removing a few inches of stone with about fifteen blasts, there is no other effect.
>> No. 74135 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
74135
>>74134
"Can't you do something about this annoying reinforcement, Mr. Something?" says the shaman, turning to the mindless drone behind her.
>> No. 74136 edit
>>74132
"Yeah. Need to make a brief detour to one of the main roads and deliver a letter to somebody headed to Djerad Thymar. I'm worried about my family."
>> No. 74137 edit
"Well, I wanted to return to Baldur's Gate as soon as possible. We should take a griffon and ask the guys in the Order of Blue Fire if they can teleport us somewhere near of your hometown."
>> No. 74138 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74138
Torinn and Sureiya make swift progress across the desert expanse, since they are both riding Rutger--the windstorm surrounding the earthmote appears to have dissipated with Val'akir's defeat, and the skys are relatively clear. There are still the occasional harsh winds, but it'll probably only take two days to cross at this rate.

Myn's arcana knowledge concludes that there is some sort of corresponding magic item that corresponds to this door, which can magically open it even if the mechanical lock is engaged. Probably something the giants had in their possession.
>> No. 74139 edit
"Well, you can keep blasting. I'll look for a clue in the other room."

Perception. http://orokos.com/roll/152351

Mion ffs just roll Perception on your own already. Don't bother aiding.

>> No. 74140 edit
>>74139
Yeah it's getting frustrating. Sorry, I'll help with the search and the aid.
(My goal wasn't to help by going back inside, just to keep you in my sight so you don't do suspicious things after the message.)


Samel asks Myn about the door before he follows Bernkastel to the other room.
Agrees to aid. I don't know if I have to roll here or not, but here it is! http://orokos.com/roll/152355

While searching the room, like a flashback the cleric realizes something.
"Ohhhhh, I think I get it. Hey, let's split up, we will cover more ground."
says the deva before rushing back all the way to the throne room.
Damn, perception roll: (19) http://orokos.com/roll/152356
(I'm looking for any magical item. Make sure I check the throne itself, check under the red carpet and loot the giants. I don't think anyone did that yet.)


Last edited at 13/11/30(Sat)05:48:34
>> No. 74141 edit
Wondering why he hasn't been presented with loot yet after contributing so much effort, Myn throws his familiar at the offending door.

Arcana check for door knowledge:http://orokos.com/roll/152366
>> No. 74143 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
74143
As Samel and Bernkastel have a look around, Myn takes matters into his own hands. The book imp, who had peacefully drifted off to sleep some time ago, is rather startled when the warlock picks him up and hurls him against the armory door. Flopping to the ground, it chitters in an annoyed tone for a moment before righting itself and looking up at the door. Afterwards, it turns back to Myn and takes flight, hovering in front of the half-elf while saying, "Ya know, boss, this strikes me as 'the hard way.' Down in Hell, we never take the hard way when there's an easy way, get what I'm sayin'?" It looks back towards the door, and comments, "That can't be the only way inside, boss. Whatever's in there, it's big, and important. They'd want to get inside quick if there was an emergency." With that, it moves to perch back on Myn's shoulder.

Try as they may, Samel and Bernkastel give the area a good once-over and find nothing interesting. It would look this path is completely blocked off. Bernkastel finds a set of chirurgeon's tools in the smaller room, but little else of interest, aside from confirming from details that this was in fact a medical room.
>> No. 74144 edit
>>74143

Myn seeks out the useless division of the group.

"According to my investigation, there is likely an additional route into the armory. We should take a look around."
>> No. 74145 edit
File 138583140728.png - (279.53KB , 474x448 , zxy.png )
74145
On his way back, Samel thinks: "Tsk, I was so sure to find a key there."

>>74144
"Give me a second."he says before trying to open the door of the snake room again, immediately forced to close it as he remembers that he can't stand snakes.
ANOTHER nat 1http://orokos.com/roll/152383

"... Ok! I'm right behind you."

Last edited at 13/11/30(Sat)10:37:37
>> No. 74146 edit
>>74137
"Nah, just somewhere near the road to Tymanther, find somebody who's willing to take a letter with them."

Not like I can go home anyway.
>> No. 74147 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74147
Though Samel can't stand the sight of the snakes long enough to get a good look at the room, he does note that despite the fact that the stairs to the upper level are broken, the balcony that sits directly above is only just over fifteen feet up, and has a railing that is broken in several areas. If one was in possession of rope and something like a grappling hook, it would probably be possible to climb up.
>> No. 74148 edit
File 138591234918.png - (102.66KB , 208x397 , BUP_0060armored.png )
74148
While walking, I recommend the new idea to the two.
"And so, if one of you do happen to have some sort of grappling hook, we could search that part of the upper floor!" concludes Samel.

Last edited at 13/12/01(Sun)07:39:09
>> No. 74149 edit
File 130052470041.png - (38.97KB , 138x186 , bern105.png )
74149
>>74148
"Well, okay."

With a slightly apprehensive look, the shaman uses her cantrip gloves to attach a grappling hook to the railing.

Mage Hand.

Last edited at 13/12/01(Sun)09:51:55
>> No. 74150 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74150
Bernkastel affixes the rope to one of the railing posts with her mage hand, and she is sure that it won't crumble on them after giving it a few firm tugs to make sure that it is nice and secure.
>> No. 74151 edit
>>74150
Still more apprehensive, the shaman climbs.

Taking 10 to hit the rope-climbing DC of 10.
>> No. 74152 edit
"And now more exercise?"

Myn likewise climbs.


Also take 10 on climbing.
>> No. 74153 edit
climb

Last edited at 13/12/01(Sun)13:02:08
>> No. 74155 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74155
When the three dungeon-crawlers reach the upper level, they are greeted by a large set of ornate-looking double doors. To the left and right a bit of a distance away and back south are smaller doorways that appear to lead into halls. There's a lot of sand and debris on the ground here, and it looks like tapestries and paintings have been ripped from the walls, and vases and decorative plants smashed on the ground.
>> No. 74156 edit
File 13605974751.png - (59.78KB , 208x397 , BUP_0071.png )
74156
"Gah this place is huge. Ok, let's find that secret route. I propose to split up again unless someone disagree.
If no one does
I'll go... this way, pointing at the left hallway. Make sure to shout if you find anything relevant."
He follows the hall while looking for clues.(28) http://orokos.com/roll/152605

Last edited at 13/12/01(Sun)13:10:16
>> No. 74157 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74157
Samel leaves the other two behind, going down the hallway to the left. It's rather bare, and almost suspiciously so, with a dead-end branch leading to the right a short distance ahead with the main path ending in another bunch of caved-in rubble. However, Samel believes there is something strange about the dead end passage--the end is completely undecorated, and almost appears as if with enough effort, the wall could be slide out of the way, hiding a passage beyond.
>> No. 74158 edit
File 138604060573.png - (3.79KB , 52x98 , bern115.png )
74158
They won't steal all the loot for themselves, right?

I'll go right, then.
>> No. 74159 edit
>>74157
"Too obvious."
Samel carefully inspects the wall and the entire dead-end for traps.
If he is sure that everything is okay, he then tries to slide the wall using his hands, while staying by the wall as it slides to protect himself against eventual traps from the passage. Finally, he inspects what's behind it before going inside, or using it.(if it's a safe, etc.)


Wall inspection: (31) http://orokos.com/roll/152876
Secret inspection: (21) http://orokos.com/roll/152878


Last edited at 13/12/02(Mon)21:16:25
>> No. 74161 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74161
Samel places his hands on the secret wall after determining that it is, in fact, safe, and reveals what lies beyond: a narrow, undecorated tunnel that seems to wind downwards. It looks quite small, too small for a creature larger than medium-sized to fit through without squeezing. If Samel were to pass through, he'd be a bit claustrophobic about it, and might scrape an elbow or his head if he's not careful. He's not sure where it leads, but it is faintly illuminated by a strange blue glow that seems to emanate from the walls themselves.

Bernkastel's passage to the right goes a short distance before ending abruptly in a square stairway that leads upwards.
>> No. 74162 edit
File 138611155887.png - (102.32KB , 474x455 , mion168.png )
74162
"That might be it... Should I tell them right now? ...No, no let's see for myself first, just to make sure. Don't be scared now!"

He attempts to explore the tunnel.

Too scared, perception about the glow. (17) http://orokos.com/roll/153002

Last edited at 13/12/03(Tue)15:07:12
>> No. 74163 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
74163
>>74161
Onward, taking 10 on checks and stuff.
>> No. 74164 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74164
Samel doesn't notice anything strange about the glowing walls--it's apparently a source of illumination and little more. As Samel passes through the tunnel, he eventually is faced with a simple-looking stone door marked with some sort of arcane sigil. It appears to be magically locked.

Voyager heads up the stairway, and eventually comes to another hallway upstairs. There is a path to the left that ends in a wooden door and a path to the right that ends in packed rubble. It would appear that this is very near the throne room going by what you saw of the hallway earlier, so this is probably the other side of the rubble pile you saw upstairs before.
>> No. 74165 edit
File 138619040371.png - (59.98KB , 208x397 , BUP_0066.png )
74165
"Ugh, it's useless. I won't be able to open it myself."

After swallowing his pride, Samel returns to the specialist and asks him assistance.


Fail arcana check : (16) http://orokos.com/roll/153116
>> No. 74166 edit
>>74165

Myn is good at magic.

http://orokos.com/roll/153225
>> No. 74167 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74167
Myn is led through the narrow tunnels by Samel, and the two have to travel in single file back to the door due to its narrowness. Myn's imp grins as the warlock makes strange gestures and chants eldritch words, slowly unraveling the arcane seal placed on the door. It would appear that it can now be opened.
>> No. 74168 edit
File 138619263535.png - (95.36KB , 474x455 , mion117.png )
74168
>>74167
"He did it so easily... At least I will be the one who find the armoury." thinks Samel.

Then, he politely moves closer to the door, clearly forcing his way in the narrow tunnel.


"Isn't it exciting? Let's see what's in there." says the cleric, smiling, taking out of his bag an everburning torch. He slowly opens the door and peeks/walks inside, analyzing his location at the same time.

Perception : (27) http://orokos.com/roll/153231

Last edited at 13/12/04(Wed)13:55:57
>> No. 74169 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74169
The room beyond the door is well-illuminated, so the everburning torch proves unnecessary. The door appears to open onto a catwalk of sorts, a firm wooden walkway reinforced with metal rivets that is hung from the ceiling via iron poles. There is a railing that allows one to lean over and see what's below, though it's hard to make out from where you are--it would appear that this vast, open room is filled with chest armor and helmets supported by armor racks, with weapons set to stand by them. There must be dozens of such suits arranged in orderly rows, but you can't tell the full extent from your current vantage point. Moving further into the room may reveal more.
>> No. 74170 edit
File 138621486335.png - (10.39KB , 321x321 , bern124b.png )
74170
>>74164
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4321874/
mage hand to open the door as usual

>> No. 74171 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74171
The door rattles as Bernkastel tries to open it--it appears locked, with a simple mechanical lock.
>> No. 74172 edit
File 138622007058.png - (282.52KB , 399x403 , bern36.png )
74172
>>74171
Hopefully it won't get stuck again.

Recharge Bracers of Mental Might and Speak with Spirits, and taking 10 on Bracers-boosted Strength check (total 19) to force the door open.

Last edited at 13/12/04(Wed)21:58:23
>> No. 74173 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74173
With some effort, Bernkastel manages to dismantle the door with her mace. On the other side of the door appears to be some sort of office area, with a desk, some shelves, and what appears to be a few boxes full of parchment. There is scattered paper here and there, as well as quill pins and other supplies.
>> No. 74174 edit
File 13605974751.png - (59.78KB , 208x397 , BUP_0071.png )
74174
>>74169
"This is it! I knew it!!"
Samel runs further into the room using the catwalk, looks for a way down and inspects the rest of the room.

Perception: (25) http://orokos.com/roll/153420

Last edited at 13/12/05(Thu)13:51:09
>> No. 74175 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74175
Once Samel steps a ways out onto the raised walkway, he can see that the room is almost as large as the throne room was, but square, and filled with the propped armor suits and weapons. To the far north side, near the wall, is what appears to be a massive anvil, nearly as tall as Samel himself. It is considerably wider, and appears to have a large gemstone embedded in the top, from which energy constantly crackles in a tether-like form to the nearby wall, which clearly has a portion of the elemental leyline protruding from it. It's not quite as large and obvious as it was in the throne room, but it appears much more volatile, perhaps due to its proximity to the forge. The colors constantly shift between yellows, greens, and purples, and cracks of thunder sound as lightning bolts occasionally overshoot the anvil-like structure and actually strike the nearby raised platform. It would appear that there are paths off of the catwalk near this structure, which lead to the ground level, from which you must ascend a short set of stairs leading up onto a raised platform where the forge resides.

Besides this structure, Samel can spit what appear to be numerous wall-hanging racks for weapons and armor, most of which appear to be empty, and there are quite a few chests scattered throughout the room, most of them open or overturned.
>> No. 74176 edit
File 136703533196.png - (97.55KB , 503x312 , 9007613.png )
74176
>>74173
Gather information etc.
>> No. 74177 edit
File 138636995425.jpg - (108.92KB , 365x540 , MionismywaifuB1ce36b08d13bad7acc5c5cf99d13af1c.jpg )
74177
>>74175
"I think I see something that falls once again within your competence partner."

Samel laughs softly. He uses the path to reach ground level.

"This better be worth it."
He kicks an open chest and casts a disgusted glance at the anvil.


"Just like they said, the place has been ravaged. I'll search, there might still be something worth our time here." shouts the deva, unhappily.

(27) http://orokos.com/roll/153613

Last edited at 13/12/06(Fri)14:56:14
>> No. 74178 edit
File 130508734891.jpg - (136.27KB , 491x480 , 11125426_p0.jpg )
74178
As far as Bernkastel can tell--some of the documents are written in the draconic script--these are primarily agricultural and meteorological reports. And blank forms. It would appear that whoever worked at this desk was very interested in the weather and crops. She also finds stashed in one of the drawers a curious magical flagon--which she quickly identifies as a flagon of ale procurement (heroic tier). Holding it, she can sense a lot of spoiled wine in the basement.

Samel kicks open a few of the chests, and doesn't find anything especially surprising except a dead asp and a few live scarabs. It would appear that this vault has been thoroughly pillaged already. Upon approaching the forge, however, he does notice what appears to be a large tome set into the far side of it, just out of the field of vision of his previous vantage point.
>> No. 74179 edit
File 138637365567.jpg - (82.60KB , 624x887 , aaaxxxxzzzz.jpg )
74179
>>74178
Seeing the tome, Samel goes to the forge and takes it.

He goes back to the ground level, huddles on the ground, leaning back against a wall and opens it.


"Well there might be hope after all"
Samel tells the unmoving ally, changing his tone.

Last edited at 13/12/06(Fri)15:51:54
>> No. 74180 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74180
Upon seizing the tome, Samel realizes two things as he narrowly avoids the lightning: the book was actually very, very large, like it was made for a creature bigger than medium-sized, and that it was probably a ritual book, going by what he briefly saw on the pages inside. It's rather difficult to carry, as the book itself is roughly as wide as Samel's body.
>> No. 74181 edit
File 129826350079.png - (16.76KB , 125x101 , 1263583939682_0_ib4f.png )
74181
>>74178
Seeing little of interest, she takes a couple documents (one for each language) and the flagon and walks back.

Finding the large set of ornate-looking double doors remain closed but not Myn, she moves on in Samel's direction.

Last edited at 13/12/06(Fri)15:56:08
>> No. 74182 edit
File 138619040371.png - (59.98KB , 208x397 , BUP_0066.png )
74182
>>74180
Samel shifts nervously as he avoids the lightning. He moves back to a safe position and frowns as he realizes he did something stupid. The cleric pauses, looks at Myn and makes a nod suggesting he needs help.

Last edited at 13/12/06(Fri)16:21:57
>> No. 74183 edit
>>74182

Myn throws his imp towards Samel, gesturing towards the book.
>> No. 74184 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
74184
The imp recovers in mid-air after hitting the book hard, then looks at it, then back to Myn, then at the book one more time, before turning to Myn once more and saying, "You're kidding, right?"
>> No. 74185 edit
File 138637786651.png - (98.54KB , 503x312 , 9007753.png )
74185
>>74182
>>74183
What's all this, then. "What are we looking at?"

Arcana + Speak with Spirits http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4324460/


Last edited at 13/12/06(Fri)17:00:17
>> No. 74186 edit
File 136063956981.png - (67.07KB , 272x397 , BUP_0087.png )
74186
>>74185
Abashed and ashamed of his actions, Samel greets his friend as best as he can.
"There you are! As you can see, we were trying to get our hands on the tome over there. Unfortunately, It seems to be a greater challenge than it looks like."

Last edited at 13/12/06(Fri)18:09:37
>> No. 74187 edit
File 134692307521.png - (444.65KB , 434x756 , shmiontarot_2.png )
74187
Bernkastel recognizes this thing as an archon forge, a place where archons are created. This particular forge is not a mere collection of elemental energy where archons spontaneously come into existence, it appears to be a deliberate construction aimed at creating archons and infusing appropriate armor and weaponry with elementals to create archons. With the proper sort of magic tool, one appropriately sized and enchanted, like say a massive magic forge-hammer, could be used in combination with elementals called forth from the nearby leyline and the armor here to create an army of loyal archons. Of course, one would need to master the leyline first, and have such an enchanted tool.
>> No. 74188 edit
File 13863951942.png - (36.16KB , 164x203 , bern65.png )
74188
>>74187
So this is where they come from? And a book, huh.

The shaman nods to her spirit companion.
"I see. Can I take a look?"

Without waiting for an answer, she follows Samel's gesture "over there" to the book.
As long as I can make it over there without being zapped, I'll put the book in the bag of holding. Also, perception once I'm there. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4325478/


Last edited at 13/12/06(Fri)21:55:17
>> No. 74189 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74189
Bernkastel is able to obtain the book and stuff it in the bag of holding with some effort and careful watching of the leyline to make certain that no lightning strikes her. She doesn't see much else of interest nearby, however.
>> No. 74190 edit
File 131760978037.png - (38.58KB , 151x204 , flip.png )
74190
>>74189
The shaman rejoins the others, pulls out the book, and opens it.

If I can't understand any of it, I'll have Samel look.
>> No. 74191 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74191
Bernkastel, not being a ritual caster, barely grasps the basics of the ritauls contained therein. Samel, however, is able to determine that the book contains the Enchant Magic Item, Disenchant Magic Item, and Transfer Enchantment rituals. There are also many pages dedicated to research--it would take Samel an extended rest of studying to determine the aims of this research, but at a glance it somehow involves a sealed elemental lord, the leyline, and the archon forge.
>> No. 74192 edit
File 138654341194.png - (886.16KB , 900x882 , sonozaki_mion_by_lil0kiseki-d5ghfh7.png )
74192
>>74191
"Truly fascinating. The first part contains a list of rituals, all related to magical items. Given the time, I will be able to learn their secrets."

He keeps turning the pages.
"Understand that this will take time to study. However, I can tell you now that if you look at this section, it looks like more of a diary than a tome of incantations. Yes, a diary that describes the research that has been undertaken here."

The cleric shakes his head, rather amused
"If I can trust what I see on this page, It'd be reasonable for me to assume that this could be an archon forge!", he adds, looking at the forge in question.

He keeps looking at the book and smiles in delight.


Last edited at 13/12/08(Sun)15:00:37
>> No. 74193 edit
File 129457034059.png - (8.75KB , 107x107 , hi nerd.png )
74193
>>74192
The shaman nods with Samel's input. I guess making our own archons now would be out of the question.

"I see. Mr. N, can you glean how the elementals were summoned to be forged into archons?"

My own attempt. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4327060/

>> No. 74194 edit
>>74193

Arcana check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4327154/
>> No. 74195 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74195
Niether Myn nor Bernkastel yield productive results in their musings on the methods of bringing elementals into the world. It seems like there's probably involved rituals, and another powerful elemental could manage it easily, but neither would know where to start.
>> No. 74196 edit
"This appears far from my area of expertise."
>> No. 74197 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
74197
>>74196
"Oh well. Hopefully the book has more interesting things."

Look around at the rest of the armory for loot etc, taking 10 plus 2 for inquisitive's kit. After that, I'll head back to the door we skipped and probably open it.
>> No. 74198 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74198
Once Bernkastel has conclusively decided that there is nothing more of value in the armory besides the ritual book, she leads Samel and Myn back to the ornate set of double doors that they have not yet explored beyond. Bernkastel considers opening them, but has not yet done so.
>> No. 74199 edit
File 131415489278.jpg - (34.10KB , 140x140 , mb11.jpg )
74199
Since still no objections, mage hand to open door from afar.
>> No. 74200 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74200
The doors slowly creak open, and beyond is a modest-sized room that appears sparsely decorated--there are a few potted plants in the corners and dusty paintings on the walls, but that's about it. It looks like there were more ornaments hanging on the walls as well, but they're gone now. What comprises most of the room is thick carpeting and a large meeting table with chairs arranged around it--one chair, the one opposite the group, looks very ornate and appears to still have a jewel set into the head of the chair. On the table the chairs are arranged around is what appears to be a large map of the city below and the castle, though the surrounding terrain looks quite different. The map shows a road passing through the city and out into the surrounding desert, and several smaller towns sitting immediately outside the city walls, one of which appears to be riverside--you saw none of these landmarks when entering the city. It's pretty barren out there, now.
>> No. 74201 edit
Arcana check for chair knowledge:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4329743/
>> No. 74202 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74202
Myn can't imagine that this chair has any arcane significance whatsoever. The gem appears to be purely decorative.
>> No. 74203 edit
>>74200
"Jewel?" Samel searches the room from top to bottom.

Perception: (32) http://orokos.com/roll/154832

Last edited at 13/12/12(Thu)15:19:15
>> No. 74204 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74204
Samel rather thoroughly searches the room, and doesn't find much aside from some stray dust, cobwebs, sand, and scarabs. The scarabs skitter away at the deva's approach. The gem is set firmly into the chair.
>> No. 74205 edit
Samel looks at Myn.
"If you want to remove it , you will need a tool to pin it out. I don't think any of us can do it bare hands."

Last edited at 13/12/12(Thu)17:28:27
>> No. 74206 edit
File 131564322348.jpg - (44.80KB , 350x180 , mb12.jpg )
74206
The shaman promptly hands Samel a hammer and piton, and moves on to studying the map and creating a copy.
>> No. 74207 edit
>>74206
Samel is amazed by the panoply of items that the shaman has.
He immediately begins to release the jewel.

I think I did wrong, but I rolled anyway. Don't hesitate to correct it if it's not the right check.

Athletics check: (12) http://orokos.com/roll/154972

>> No. 74208 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74208
Samel clumsily chips away at the gem--and eventually, it comes loose, albeit somewhat damaged, but still quite valuable--this ruby is worth at about 2,500 gold pieces. While that's happening, Bernkastel scribbles out a copy of the map on the table.
>> No. 74209 edit
File 130678104694.jpg - (34.71KB , 163x195 , k04a.jpg )
74209
"I think we're finished with the palace, unless someone feels like braving the snake room."
>> No. 74211 edit
File 137235965014.png - (119.98KB , 294x500 , mi.png )
74211
"If you ask me, I think that room isn't worth the trouble."

Samel gives back the hammer and piton and sighs realizing that he damaged the gem by forcing it out.

Last edited at 13/12/14(Sat)10:18:15
>> No. 74212 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74212
With their looting finished, the three inside the palace return to the entrance and head back down the path leading to the city.
>> No. 74213 edit
"I suppose we should try to catch up with the others."
>> No. 74214 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
74214
>>74213
I guess.

"If you know where they went."
>> No. 74215 edit
Audio 05_-_Rabao_.mp3 - (6.14MB , 05 - Rabao .mp3 )
74215
As "Bernkastel," Myn, and Samel head off into the desert, Sureiya and Torinn find they are making good time, riding atop Rutger. Without the curse and with the weather calmed significantly, it's only the early evening of the second day before the two arrive back at the oasis camp. There are people wandering about, and immediately the two are approached as they ride into the camp. It's mostly the same group of scruffy-looking armored humanoids that you met before, led by the same young blue-scaled dragonborn. He eyes Torinn expectantly, as if waiting for the older dragonborn to speak first.
>> No. 74216 edit
>>74215
Torinn bites his lip before breaking the news to the hopeful dragonborn. "The storm giant brothers are undone," he declares, presenting the maul and orb as proof. "And so is the Windrunner. Known by her true name as Val'Akir."

present maul and orb; I touched them so I know what they do, right?
>> No. 74217 edit
Audio 06_-_Altepa_Desert_.mp3 - (5.92MB , 06 - Altepa Desert .mp3 )
74217
Torinn's words provoke a scattering of whispers amongst the crow, but the dragonborn speaks up and addresses him directly, "You mean to say this 'windrunner' was a trick of Val'akir's? Explain."
>> No. 74218 edit
"It was a ruse. The Windrunner challenged those who crossed the desert in order to find someone strong enough to break the seal around Val'Akir. The giants would have worked as such candidates, except they knew about the trick and wanted Val'Akir's power, so they could wipe out your settlement and everyone in it."
>> No. 74219 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74219
"...I see. Well, the elves won't be too happy about it, but if it's true, we owe you our thanks. And what of the ones enslaved by the giants?" replies the young dragonborn, crossing his arms.
>> No. 74220 edit
>>74219
"The slaves are freed, and some of them are trying to convince the others to cross the desert back here with them. They said it will take some time."
>> No. 74221 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74221
"Then we will need to make preparations for their arrival," the blue dragonborn concludes. "And the sage will need to be made aware of these happenings... I will go inform her. Again, you do have my thanks, provided your word is true." He then moves for the sage's tent.
>> No. 74222 edit
>>74221
Torinn dismounts and follows behind at a distance. He leaves his battle tiger to stand watch outside.
>> No. 74223 edit
"You sure made the trip back much easier."
Peting the back of the tiger, Sureiya follows as well.
>> No. 74224 edit
"You sure made the trip back much easier."
Peting the back of the tiger, Sureiya follows as well.
>> No. 74226 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74226
As Torinn and Sureiya return to Lady Grougmina's place, the large tent filled with bookshelves where Samel found that certain special book. The two find Jalf, the blue-scaled dragonborn, repeating what the adventurers told her. She sighs heavily, seemingly with relief, and looks over to the adventurers who just entered her tent and says, "Thank you... on all our behalf. We will need to make arrangements now. The city across the desert was once our home, and we will make it so once more. ...Weren't there more of you when you departed?"
>> No. 74227 edit
>>74226
Having had several days to cool down, Torinn's reply isn't as scathing as it could have been. "They wanted to stay behind for a while," he explains, "and search the castle for treasures."
>> No. 74228 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74228
"I see... well, at any rate, the lot of you have our sincerest gratitude," replies Grougmina the sage. "If there's aught we can do for you before you depart, please do not hesitate to ask."
>> No. 74229 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
74229
"We come from far away" the ranger says. "Our patron lent us Griffons for the trip, but we need to return as soon as possible. Is someone here able to perform teleportation rituals?"
>> No. 74230 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74230
The sage folds her hands in front of her and sadly shakes her head, explaining, "All such magics we possessed ceased function about the same time we were transported here. Else we would've sent for help. I am sorry."
>> No. 74231 edit
File 129625664819.jpg - (149.10KB , 532x524 , chessboard.jpg )
74231
>>74230
"You can keep these," Torinn replies, handing over the maul and orb. "Though the others might want them back. And, uh, for the history books, I am Torinn Tormine, my friend here is Sureiya, the half-elf is Myn Nthelsyr, the deva Samel, and the human lady you haven't met yet... She likes to be called 'Berknastel'."
>> No. 74232 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74232
The sage takes the giant's items and looks quizzical at first, then nods in understanding. "These may be of use in rebuilding... thank you again, Torinn, Sureiya. And give your allies my thanks if I do not see them as well. I wish you luck in your travels."

The blue dragonborn grunts an agreement.
>> No. 74234 edit
Torinn bids them both farewell before returning to where they had left the griffons. Hopefully they were still there.
>> No. 74235 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74235
To Torinn's relief, he finds Aghanim apparently dozing lightly near the four griffons, off to the side of the town, near the tunnel from which the group entered. He snaps to attention at the approach of the two, and smiles, saying, "The windstorm that enveloped the island seems to have died down. Your doing, I presume? I believe we can leave freely now."
>> No. 74236 edit
>>74235
"We're actually going on ahead. The others are going to arrive in a few hours. Do you mind waiting for them and relaying that?"
>> No. 74237 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74237
"Sure, no problem!" the eladrin replies, nodding. "I take it things went well?"
>> No. 74238 edit
>>74237
"Reasonably well. None of us died, for instance." Torinn lets Rutger rest back in the Astral Sea, then climbs on his griffon, making sure he's secured. "Thank you for your help, Aghanim."

unsummon Rutger
get on gryphon

>> No. 74239 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74239
As Rutger is dismissed, Torinn mounts one of the griffons. Aghanim stands by and watches to see if Sureiya goes with him, and asks, "So where do you go now? Back to Baldur's Gate?"
>> No. 74240 edit
>>74239
Torinn shakes his head, "I'm going to make a detour towards one of the roads leading to Tymanther. See if I can get an urgent letter delivered back home."
>> No. 74241 edit
"I would rather going to Baldur's Gate as soon as possible. But I don't think I'll be able to change his mind. Anyway, how far away Tymanther would be from here?"
>> No. 74242 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74242
"Tymanther is roughly a thousand miles to the east," the eladrin replies.
>> No. 74243 edit
>>74242
"Oh, guess we'd better get going right away, then! Sureiya, sit behind me."
>> No. 74244 edit
"Let's ask for directions at the camp first."
Get on griffon
>> No. 74245 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74245
Both adventurers mount the griffon, and at Torinn's urging, it takes wing. Flying away from the earthmote proves no problem, as there is no sigh of any aggressive archons. The question of which direction to head, however, remains.
>> No. 74246 edit
Audio Final_Fantasy_V_OST_-_20_The_Dragon_Spreads_Its_Wi.mp3 - (5.94MB , Final Fantasy V OST - 20 The Dragon Spreads Its Wi.mp3 )
74246
>>74244
"Alright, hang on tight, then!"
fly to Ormpetarr
>> No. 74247 edit
File 130508734891.jpg - (136.27KB , 491x480 , 11125426_p0.jpg )
74247
Approaching Ormpetarr from the air gives a very different view of the city than the one you may have first taken in--it is a medium-sized, hardened settlement that looks either hastily thrown together or otherwise rather worn-down. The streets are narrow and flanked by ramshackle wood-and-stone buildings, with the most prominent edifice in the city being a large, gilded temple with an emblem of blue fire above the entrance.

However, above the city is something strange--it would appear to be a large sailing vessel, with a full set of sails, hovering a few hundred feet above. At a glance it would appear to be a battle-ready frigate, though rather than the traditionally-fitted rudders of a waterborne vessel, it appears to be equipped with cloth-lined fins on the underside. Furthermore, a smaller skiff-like vessel appears to be currently detaching from the vessel and heading to the city below.

Knowledge of the Five Companies and their skyships is history. You can also attempt a closer look with perception.
>> No. 74248 edit
>>74247
A flying ship all the way out here? Torinn halts the griffon mid-flight, trying to get a glimpse at the vessel through his spyglass. Who are these people?

history and perception check : http://orokos.com/roll/157242 15, 9
>> No. 74249 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74249
Torinn has never seen a flying ship such as this before, and, oddly, it's never come up in all of the tales he has read. The dragonborn tries his hardest to make out details from this distance, but is distracted by the skiff suddenly accelerating and preparing for a landing in Ormpetarr, near the Changing House.
>> No. 74250 edit
"Hey, you think we could catch a ride on that? Let's give it a try."
Perception: 28 http://orokos.com/roll/157259
>> No. 74251 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74251
On the side of the ship, Sureiya notices the words Shield of Savras written in the common script. It is equipped with some intimidating-looking weapons, including heavy deck-mounted crossbows. On the skiff are about a half-dozen people, including one striking human male dressed in fancy sailing clothing, a halfling male and female, a burly half-orc male, and two female tieflings. All others are dressed in fairly plain outfits, apart from the teiflings, who are dressed in blue and purple garments that best befit wizards.
>> No. 74252 edit
"The Shield of Savras? Well, those guys are carrying some big guns, so we should approach carefully."
Hurry Torinn into landing near of the big boat, trying not to appear very menacing.

Last edited at 13/12/28(Sat)19:53:41
>> No. 74253 edit
>>74252
Torinn nods and brings the griffon in for a landing. If they have a ship...
Descend towards where the skiff is docking
>> No. 74254 edit
File 138830074732.png - (782.77KB , 478x635 , skyship.png )
74254
Torinn and Sureiya bring the griffon down near the Changing House--the massive temple bearing the mark of blue fire that serves as the city's center. Nearby is the skiff, which has quite a few people gathered around it, several of which appear to be priests from the Order of Blue Fire, including lady Kava. The attention of all of those gathered, though, including those on the skiff, has turned to you--the spectacle of a griffon landing is one that draws quite a bit of attention it seems.

Meanwhile, back at the earthmote, Myn, Samel, and "Bernkastel" finally reach the outskirts of the campsite. There appears to be a lot of activity in the camp, and no attention is focused on the group.
>> No. 74255 edit
File 129928504543.png - (96.63KB , 400x400 , =3.png )
74255
>>74254
Seeing that they've drawn a fair amount of attention, Torinn figures now is as good a time as any to ask. "Excuse me, sirs, but which way is Tymanther from here?"
>> No. 74256 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74256
The group looks confused by the question, and it's lady Kava that answers simply, "Tymanther is about a thousand miles east of here." She seems a bit too confused by the question to elaborate on the point, and Torinn notices that the human male seems to be giving a few quiet directions to the tieflings.
>> No. 74257 edit
File 129475012166.jpg - (62.52KB , 310x438 , 11567225.jpg )
74257
>>74254
"Well, what now, Mr. N?"
>> No. 74258 edit
>>74256
"That's further off course than I thought," Torinn muses aloud. "What do you think we should do, Sureiya?"
>> No. 74259 edit
Responding with a blank shrug, Myn asks the nearest campeasant as to where the remainder of the party has abandoned them to.
>> No. 74260 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74260
Myn questions a random elf, who directs him to Aghanim, who is waiting with the griffons. "Ah, good! The other two took one of the griffons and went on ahead," he informs the trio. He then casts a questioning gaze towards "Bernkastel."
>> No. 74261 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
74261
>>74260
"Hi, I'm called Bernkastel."

The shaman then casts a questioning gaze towards Myn and Samel.
>> No. 74262 edit
"We should steal the big boat."
"Maybe ask them if one of these ships is sailing near of Tymanther any soon?" says Sureiya, a little incredulous.
>> No. 74263 edit
>>74262
Nodding, Torinn asks the group assembled, "Could I persuade any of you capable fliers to take a letter to Djerad-Thymar?"

Last edited at 13/12/30(Mon)14:32:56
>> No. 74264 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74264
When Torinn speaks, the two tiefling wizards glance at each other. One shakes her head with a look of bemusement on her face, and the other faces the striking human male and comments, "Looks like the captain's done it again."

Smiling, and not facing the tiefling who made the comment, the human male steps forward and offers Torinn his hand, saying, "Captain Jorz Errowd of the Shield of Savras. My company and I were just headed that way, and I'm sure we could arrange something of that nature. No doubt this has something to do with the bit of commotion that's been stirred up in Tymanther recently?"
>> No. 74265 edit
>>74264
Torinn doesn't know what to make of the laughing wizards, so he ignores them. Instead, he returns Jorz Errowd's handshake with a firm, practiced grip. Not too enthusiastic, but still giving the vibe of somebody trustworthy, were Jorz the sort to read people by their handshakes.

"Torinn Torimine, and this is Sureiya," he replies, "And I'm afraid I haven't been to Tymanther in the longest time, so I don't know anything about current events. Has something happened?"

Please be good news...
>> No. 74266 edit
File 134692307521.png - (444.65KB , 434x756 , shmiontarot_2.png )
74266
"Apparently, there's been a dragon sighting," captain Errowd replies. "Or something like that. Frankly I think a dragon would have to be crazy to appear in Tymanther, but stranger things have happened! At any rate, I can certainly have your letter delivered--for a small fee, of course."
>> No. 74267 edit
>>74266
"Pity the dragon that got lost there, then," Torinn says with a grin. He takes out a sealed letter - penned during the night - and asks, "Will fifteen gold cover it?"

diplomacy to haggle : http://orokos.com/roll/157839 (23)
>> No. 74269 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74269
The captain chuckles a bit, then says, "My good friend, the services of a skyship are in quite high demand, you understand. We of the five companies own the only working vessels in all Faerun! One hundred gold pieces, sir."
>> No. 74270 edit
File 138859671517.png - (40.98KB , 345x263 , recette.png )
74270
>>74269
"A fair point, but you were already headed in that direction. So I'll pay you fifty gold pieces instead."

hagglemancy/diplomacy - http://orokos.com/roll/157887 (31)
>> No. 74271 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74271
"If it was out of the way, you could expect to pay significantly more! I'll say seventy-five gold pieces and I won't go a gold piece lower." the captain replies once more, still sounding rather jovial about it.
>> No. 74272 edit
File 129737251878.png - (28.12KB , 151x214 , (Jeopardy Theme).png )
74272
>>74271
"You'd be surprised how much one can compromise for the promise of gold. I'll give you sixty-five, which is sixty-five more gold for you right now, cash in pocket."

diplomacy : http://orokos.com/roll/157940 18
>> No. 74273 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74273
Captain Errowd shakes his head in bemusement, then offers his palm and says, "All right, all right, I'll get your letter delivered to Djerad-Thymar, sixty-five gold pieces. Let's get this deal settled then, I do have some business to attend to here as well!"
>> No. 74274 edit
With the letter thing solved, Sureiya questions the captain.
"Is any ship going to Baldur's Gate soon? I bet they are rather faster than our griffons."
>> No. 74275 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74275
The captain shakes his head and replies, "Can't say I have any plans to head back to the Sword Coast for some time, nope! I imagine this dragon business will create opportunities in the Tymanther region for some time!"
>> No. 74276 edit
>>74275
Torinn counts out his coins before shaking hands with the captain, imparting his gold and the letter.
"I'm counting on you guys."
hand over the money and folded up letter
>> No. 74277 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74277
The captain takes the letter, the gold, and nods to Torinn.
>> No. 74278 edit
>>74260
>>74261

"Mister Aghanim here briefly accompanied our group after Miss Bernkastel here's departure. We happened to come across her beyond the desert just recently."

Completing his introductory gestures, Myn mounts one of the griffons.

"We should move with haste if we hope to catch up to the others."
>> No. 74279 edit
With his business concluded, Torinn asks Sureiya, "Anything else you wanted to do here?"
>> No. 74280 edit
"Let's wait for the rest. It will be safer that way. "
>> No. 74281 edit
>>74280
"I suppose with dragons flying around, it'd be unwise to travel alone."

wait for slowpokes
>> No. 74282 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74282
Torinn and Sureiya resolve to wait, while the other three pile on their griffons and start the flight. It's dusk when the three arrive, just managing to spot the three by the Changing House before the last lights of the day fade. After landing their trio of griffons, the group is now reunited: Torinn, Sureiya, Aghanim, Myn, "Bernkastel," and Samel.
>> No. 74283 edit
With an apprehensive look, the ranger welcomes the party.
"It sure took you guys some time. Did you something there?"
>> No. 74284 edit
>>74283
The shaman remains in some kind of coma-trance state.
>> No. 74285 edit
>>74284
What's up with her? Torinn tries to rouse Bernkastel.

do something within reason that wakes her up
>> No. 74286 edit
>>74283
"Oh there you are! Yes, we sure did. Well, kind of. Unsurprisingly, the rest of the palace was not spared. There were more snakes than valuables in there. However, we managed to get hold of a giant tome that I think contains information about the giants. I have not had the chance to study it yet, but it will probably..."

Samel stop talking on realizing that his friend is in such a state."what happened?",he thinks.

Last edited at 14/01/06(Mon)12:08:12
>> No. 74287 edit
"A book from the giants?" Sureiya grunts. "Whatever is inside of it could be dangerous, so maybe it was a good thing you took it from there."

Then, looking at the shaman, he adds.
"I think she is afraid of heights. Mounting a griffon must be tough, huh."
>> No. 74288 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
74288
>>74285
The shaman wakes, frowning and immediately batting away Torinn's hand. "Where are we?" she asks the others.
>> No. 74289 edit
File 138921488530.jpg - (88.54KB , 347x364 , halp.jpg )
74289
"We're in Ormpetarr, and it's gonna be a long griffon trip unless we find another way to return."
>> No. 74290 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
74290
>>74289
Ormpetarr?? Some kind of city, I guess. "Why are we in such a hurry?"

Last edited at 14/01/08(Wed)15:47:25
>> No. 74291 edit
"Hurry? Well, this place is very far away from our destination. Actually there's another mean of transport here, a flying boat or something called the Shield of Savras is on the city right now, but they won't go any near to Baldur's Gate for a while."
>> No. 74292 edit
File 131415489278.jpg - (34.10KB , 140x140 , mb11.jpg )
74292
>>74291
"... How did you say you got here again?"
>> No. 74293 edit
File 130699002541.jpg - (70.79KB , 198x352 , bunny hood.jpg )
74293
>>74292
"Magic teleportation circle, covering the rest of the distance on griffons."
>> No. 74294 edit
File 130688938861.jpg - (58.75KB , 276x226 , s06-07a.jpg )
74294
>>74293
The shaman seriously considers staying here forever, but after looking to her spirit companions, she eventually gives in to the ultimatum. She pulls out a scroll tube and holds it out to the group. "Well, okay. Here's a portal ritual I found, but I'll leave it to you guys to find directions."

Linked Portal ritual book.

Last edited at 14/01/08(Wed)17:24:01
>> No. 74295 edit
Streetwise for teleportation service information:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4358948/
>> No. 74296 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74296
Myn leads the group around while Aghanim watches the griffons, and they talk to seemingly every arcane spellcaster in the city. Unfortunately, most are far too inexperienced to know much about portal magic, and even the few learned ones they find offer no helpful information--none know a destination closer to the Sword Coast. Apparently travel between the Sword Coast and this region is a very rare thing.
>> No. 74297 edit
>>74296
"By the grace of the gods, let us not despair. We must be proud that fate is filled with challenges."

Last edited at 14/01/10(Fri)09:26:36
>> No. 74299 edit
>>74297
"I guess we're taking the long way back."
>> No. 74300 edit
"It's pretty late" Sureiya adds. "We should find a place to rest, and maybe seek Lady Kava's advice at the first hour in the morning. If she can't lead us to any other easier method then we should depart immediately; we were just threatened by the Fell King."
>> No. 74301 edit
>>74300
"I guess it has gotten late. Let's see where the inn is."
take 10 on streetwise to find inn
>> No. 74304 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74304
Word-of-mouth carries the adventurers to the door of an inn-and-tavern called Finara’s. It is now well past sundown and it's probably a good time to check in. Entering the bottom level of the inn, which is comprised of a mostly-empty tavern, you spot an elderly woman sitting behind a desk, who would apparently be the proprietor of the inn.
>> No. 74305 edit
File 130467051454.jpg - (39.79KB , 233x172 , mb2.jpg )
74305
>>74296
"I can't believe you really found nothing."
>> No. 74306 edit
>>74304
Putting the griffons in the stables, Torinn says "We'd like to rent rooms for the night."
>> No. 74308 edit
File 138954472334.gif - (2.84MB , 260x290 , 1389258833862.gif )
74308
>>74307
New thread!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason