[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
No. 74616 edit

The day winds down as the adventurers have a quick meal consisting of some plain, yet tasty bread produced by the endless rations. After finishing, the six adventurers gather together and decide it'd be best to get some rest, while Sid gets back to work on their items. Thelkra leaves about part-way through the meal, saying she needed to check in with captain Highwind for her own assignment.

After heading to bed, you each settle in for a peaceful rest. And though there are no exterior disturbances in the night, each of you awakens with a vague sense of unease, and a fleeting memory of an orc skull and dark whispers. This feeling of unease carries over as you meet in the hall outside after your rest, and decide what to do first. You still haven't met with duke Prestor, and Sid is certainly finished with your enchantments by now. You may also be curious about Thelkra or Elayne at this point, so a decision should be made.
Expand all images
>> No. 74619 edit
"Morning," Torinn greets the others, trying to cover a yawn. He rubs the sleep out of his eyes and tries to look alert and attentive.
>> No. 74620 edit
"Is this bastard messing with our dreams now?"
Sureiya wakes up in a bad mood, so he doesn't go with Sid. Instead he looks around for Thelkra, maybe asking to the people he finds first.

>> No. 74621 edit
File 13961346593.jpg - (144.74KB , 482x487 , s02a.jpg )
74621
"I think I should see Mr. Halvangh. There was a rather ominous dream," declares the shaman, though the spirit companion doesn't look too uneasy this time.
>> No. 74622 edit
>>74621

Myn appears to have slept without issue whatsoever.

"I can hardly imagine a dream of good omens appearing in our situation, rather. We have those vicious underground beasts to look forward to."
>> No. 74623 edit
>>74621
"You dreamed about an orc skull whispering things as well?"
>> No. 74624 edit
>>74623
"Yes, something like that, though I wonder if you couldn't be to blame, dabbling in skulls," glares the shaman.
>> No. 74625 edit
>>74624
"If collecting a couple skulls were all it took, nobody in Tymanther would sleep again," Torinn replies dryly. "Now if you're quite done insulting my customs, we should see Halvangh."
>> No. 74626 edit
File 131539985557.jpg - (31.03KB , 120x115 , mb10.jpg )
74626
>>74625
The shaman frowns a bit. "You're going too?"

Regardless, the shaman does go to see Halvangh.

Last edited at 14/03/29(Sat)22:13:35
>> No. 74627 edit
Maintaining his disinterest, Myn instead heads to see if Sid has completed his requested cloak of tentacle duration.
>> No. 74628 edit
>>74626
"Absolutely," he replies, falling in step behind Bernkastel. "I have to return some things to him."
>> No. 74630 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74630
Myn arrives to find the door to Sid's workshop area locked, oddly. Presumably to prevent anyone from taking the items. He hears the faint sound of snoring from the inside.

Sureiya's questioning indicates that nobody has seen Thelkra yet this morning since she went to bed. Perhaps she's still in her quarters?

The shaman and paladin arrive to find Halvangh and Mardoc still sitting where they were the previous day, though the room is considerably less crowded, with only a few scattered groups still gathered around their tables. Halvangh smiles and holds up a hand in welcome as the two approach the table.
>> No. 74631 edit
>>74630

Grabbing his imp, Myn smacks the door with the creature thoroughly in an attempt to generate noise.
>> No. 74632 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74632
The imp makes a lot more noise complaining and screeching than actually smacking the door with it does, though there's no response from inside, just a continued snoring sound. The act does elicit a few stares from some dwarves passing-by, however.
>> No. 74633 edit
>>74632

Noting the futility, Myn ceases his assault on the door, taking a moment to wave at the dwarves with his imp-encumbered hand.

"My apologies for the racket. There was a fly on the door."

Cursing the waste of effort, Myn moves to rejoin the group with Halvangh.
>> No. 74634 edit
>>74630
"Good morning," greets the shaman, taking an open seat.
>> No. 74635 edit
>>74630
"Morning," Torinn greets, putting on his best not-tired look before he seats himself.
>> No. 74636 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74636
"Good morning! I trust you slept well?" Halvangh replies as Myn rejoins the rest of the group.
>> No. 74637 edit
File 132443275617.jpg - (90.00KB , 243x302 , e35.jpg )
74637
>>74636
"Some of us," remarks the shaman, glancing at Myn. "Did Mr. Halvangh and Mr. Mardoc not have any strange dreams?"

Last edited at 14/03/30(Sun)16:43:38
>> No. 74638 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74638
The two look to each other briefly, then look back at the ground and shake their heads. "Can't say I did." the orc shaman replies gruffly.

"Was your sleep not sound? What did you see?" the dragon-turned-human asks, cautiously curious.
>> No. 74639 edit
>>74638
"The skull of an orc. Something whispering. I don't remember anything else."
>> No. 74640 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
74640
>>74638
>>74639
"The same, though I'm not sure how we could tell it was an orc. If no one else had the dream, it's probably another ritual side-effect, but it seemed rather ominous and I wanted to ask if you could divine any further meaning."
>> No. 74641 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74641
"Skull of an orc..." Halvangh mutters, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "That's not much to go on, to be quite honest."

Mardoc holds his hand up and says, "Projecting oneself into dreams would child's-play for a talented Many-Arrows shaman. However, if it was a skull you saw, it is likely this shaman is no longer among the living. Being unable to understand the speech and regarding it as whispers could indicate that his connection to you is faint, perhaps second-hand. Someone who's only heard of you, but has not met you. It could even be the Fell King himself, though by all accounts he still lives, so perhaps one of his servants? An undead orc, perhaps."
>> No. 74642 edit
>>74641
"Sounds like somebody that would try to stop us. This must be his idea of a threat."
>> No. 74643 edit
File 131363047554.png - (37.96KB , 153x260 , confuzzled_.png )
74643
>>74641
"That... makes perfect sense," says the shaman, looking slightly awed. "But if the sender knew the connection is faint, why would they try to send a verbal message?"
>> No. 74644 edit
File 131788720549.jpg - (157.64KB , 600x600 , mardoc.jpg )
74644
Mardoc shifts uncomfortably. "I wouldn't begin to guess at the motives of the unliving. However, to retain such power through death, it's clearly no ordinary zombie or other such soulless husk, it must still be in possession of its own soul."

Halvangh nods, then adds, "Of course. To retain shamanistic power that it possessed in life, its soul must retain its connection to the spirits. It could not be twisted and perverse like a ghoul or ghast. It must be a more potent form of undead."
>> No. 74645 edit
File 131554170954.png - (114.98KB , 385x351 , 4719507b.png )
74645
>>74644
"I see. Another of the Fell King's guardians, then?"

Insight because Mardoc.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4451853/

>> No. 74646 edit
>>74644
"So, a lich."
>> No. 74647 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74647
Bernkastel: You don't get much of a ready of anything from Mardoc. He seems calm and collected. You certainly sense no deceit in his words an actions.

"Possibly. That is a form of undead that is skeletal and free-willed," Halvangh points out. "And if true, you'd best be on guard. Liches are said to be extremely intelligent, and dangerously adept in magic."
>> No. 74648 edit
Sureiya will find his way out to Thelkra's room and will knock on her door.
>> No. 74649 edit
File 130018229643.png - (45.36KB , 128x128 , thelkra.png )
74649
After asking a friendly dwarf who was just passing by, Sureiya doesn't find out much information on where Thelkra's room is. On the other hand, he does eventually manage to question someone who knows the answer, and after knocking, she opens it after a few moments.

"Oh, hey," Thelkra says, looking a bit uncomfortable. "I'm gettin' prepped to head out now. What's up?"
>> No. 74650 edit
Sureiya places one of his hands behind his head and complains a little.
"Well you heard all the juicy details about our own mission, so you should tell us about yours."
>> No. 74651 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74651
"Like I said before, I'm going after miss Cragmaul," Thelkra huffs. "I'll be going in with the second wave, and once we've located his hideout, I'm gonna be scouting around for entrances. If I can manage it, I'm slippin' in and gonna do as much recon as possible, and spring our leader."
>> No. 74652 edit
"I guess she did mention it..."
"Well, just make sure to come back safe, or all that recon will go to waste" remarks Sureiya a little worried. "And well, we have plenty people to rescue already eh" adds the ranger, trying to cheer her up a litte.
>> No. 74653 edit
File 130420653277.png - (54.37KB , 517x300 , peek.png )
74653
>>74646
>>74647
? "Could someone explain what a lich is?"
>> No. 74654 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74654
Thelkra's face softens a bit as she replies, "Yeah, yeah, I'll be careful. You guys make sure yer careful too now, ya'hear?"

"A lich is a powerful spellcaster who, through unsavory arcane ritualistic magic, is given a twisted form of unlife," Halvangh explains to the shaman. "Unlike many forms of undeath, in this form the spellcaster retains the powers and memories of its past life, and often even becomes stronger. A lich is effectively immortal unless its 'phylactery' is destroyed, which is an object which holds the being's soul--even if the lich's body is destroyed, it will regenerate after a time as long as its phylactery remains intact."
>> No. 74655 edit
"That might a little hard, I had an ominous dream last night, but it wouldn't be any fun other way" says Sureiya as he leaves, now looking for the rest.
>> No. 74656 edit
>>74654
Torinn wasn't really aware of the phylactery thing. The idea that the creature can come back whenever is troubling. "So how hard is it to track down a phylactery?"
>> No. 74657 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74657
"Just take care of yerself, okay?" Thelkra replies, pointing at Sureiya. "I know yer in deep with this now. Strange dreams, this guy, possibly my father, after ya and yer families... and this is something I need to see through too. We all need to watch each others' backs if we're to come out in one piece."

"Liches tend to hid their phylacteries well," Halvangh elaborates. "Most of the more powerful and long-lived take steps to protect their phylacteries from divination and the like."
>> No. 74658 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
74658
>>74657
"... And we were ordered to let no scouts escape, so we'll have to hunt for this soul-thing?"

The shaman fears the worst. "Is there at least a radius limit? Anything to narrow it down?"
>> No. 74659 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74659
Mardoc scratches his head and notes, "I think right now we should focus on destroying the lich's body and worry about whether or not it regenerates later."

"As far as I know, there is no range. The phylactery need not even be on the same plane," Halvangh says, shrugging. "If the lich is destroyed, however, hopefully it will be out of action long enough for the battle to be decided."
>> No. 74660 edit
The ranger gets into the room where the rest are and manages to hear some liches nonsense.
"...so, what did I miss?"
>> No. 74661 edit
File 130593838077.jpg - (175.49KB , 354x250 , sak_greatconqueror.jpg )
74661
>>74659
"Well if it doesn't take the first time, we'll just have to beat him back into the ground again."
>> No. 74662 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74662
After patiently waiting some time for the adventurers present to answer Sureiya's question, Halvangh does in their place, "We were discussing the possibility of your dream-vision being connected to an intelligent undead spellcaster that may be nearby, and aware of your presence here."
>> No. 74663 edit
"Eh, I had some sort of dream as well. So it was a threat? That isn't stopping us.
Well, it seems everyone's busy here. Are we leaving yet?"
>> No. 74664 edit
Myn wonders briefly if an opportunity to compare notes with the lich will arise. He flicks the book imp to get its attention.

Impspeech:"You may as well take this opportunity to be useful and offer some insight."

Last edited at 14/04/03(Thu)12:36:25
>> No. 74665 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74665
"Eh, wot?" the imp replies, being jerked out of its daze by Myn's insistent flicking. "Liches? Yeah, what they said. Lichs like to do things like bury their phylacteries deep underground or put 'em in some big extraplanar fortress." With a gesture, the imp calls its book back to its hands and idly flips through the pages, adding, "In the rare cases where a lich acts subservient to another being, it's often the case that their master will hold onto the phylactery as insurance, as liches often prove difficult to control, as powerful as they are. Of course, destroying the phylactery has no effect unless the lich's body is also destroyed."
>> No. 74666 edit
>>74665

As a reward, Myn reduces the force behind his next flick.

"According to this thing, the Fell King may be controlling the lich by holding its phylactery hostage. That would hardly ease our task in destroying it, of course."

"Getting rid of it would be a waste, anyways."
>> No. 74667 edit
Completely unaware of what a 'phylactery' is, the ranger rushes the party to get ready.
"Then we will able to find that phylac thing after we raid the Fell King's fortress or whatever. Anyway, has anyone seen Sid?."
>> No. 74668 edit
>>74667

"He appeared to be in a sleep similar to death when I checked on him a short while ago."
>> No. 74669 edit
File 130619839991.png - (3.51KB , 56x106 , bern127b.png )
74669
>>74663
>>74667
"Geez, this could be important. Could you wait a bit?"

>>74666
"I see. I think we can't discount the possibility the Fell King has also hidden it somewhere."

The shaman looks to be in thought for a few moments, with both spirits present now. Eventually, though, she looks up to address the group.

"... If the lich doesn't regenerate where it was destroyed, then we may need to capture the lich's physical body. Maybe some of the experts here could prepare such a ritual? I do think disabling the Fell King's lieutenants so we don't have to deal with it again in a crucial point in the battle is worth the attempt."

Then she looks around for opinions.

Last edited at 14/04/04(Fri)21:02:00
>> No. 74670 edit
>>74669

"I would think it easier said than done. Upon impending capture, the lich would lose little if it were to take its own life. Perhaps reaching the Fell King before it regenerates would be more viable."
>> No. 74671 edit
>>74670
"We could keep it a secret until we've disabled the lich, I think. If it somehow kills itself anyway, we would go back to the original plan."

Last edited at 14/04/04(Fri)23:25:51
>> No. 74672 edit
>>74671

"I suppose the issue is the containment method after all, then."

Myn appears neutral to the plan.
>> No. 74673 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74673
"Holding a lich against its will... is no easy task," Halvangh replies evenly and hesitantly.

"Yeah, destroying it would be enough to take it out of the fight. We don't really need to worry that much about it regenerating," Mardoc snorts, expressing clear disapproval. "If it's even here, that is. I may be a believer in visions, but these things are rarely straight-forward and can sometimes deceive. We do have other important things to handle, you know."

"The various troops need the aid of we ritual casters to allow for quick communication between the various groups," the disguised dragon explains. "If you have a plan, perhaps--perhaps we could teleport the lich to a binding circle of some sort. It would still need to be restrained, and it's not as simple as knocking it unconscious. It also possesses potent magic as a spellcaster. I must admit, it sounds... impractical, at best."
>> No. 74674 edit
Even though the ranger would rather depart soon, the idea of fighting the same opponent more than once doesn't sound very appealing to him.
"You haven't seen how strong the Fell King minions are. If there's a chance to bind that bastard then let's give it a try."
>> No. 74675 edit
>>74673
"So does sending us against an enemy of unknown power who controls powerful servants, but that's not going to stop us. What do we need to do?"
>> No. 74676 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74676
"Your rate of success in confronting these powerful enemies is rather good so far..." Halvangh replies, then tilts his head and considers. "This would be more Elayne's forte than ours. I could certainly whip something up, but her input would be valuable. I wonder where she is now?"
>> No. 74677 edit
"I haven't seen her since yesterday, but I believe Bernkastel and Myn followed her" the ranger replies.
>> No. 74678 edit
>>74677
That was also yesterday, you know. "She was in her room, but she may take some convincing. Maybe someone better with words?"

Last edited at 14/04/08(Tue)19:16:20
>> No. 74679 edit
>>74678
I think they mean me.
"I'll see what I can do. Could you show me to her room?"
>> No. 74680 edit
Despite Myn being the best at words and also knowing the location, he's reluctant to go anywhere alone with the decapitating psychopath. He gestures in the general direction of the room.

"We may as well go together. There's little sense in us relaying the information secondhand."
>> No. 74681 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74681
Halvangh and Mardoc elect to remain behind, but the rest of the group accompanies Torinn and Myn. When the party arrives at Elayne's quarters, they find the room unresponsive to attempts to get the attention of whoever is inside. The door also appears unlocked.
>> No. 74682 edit
>>74681
Torinn knocks three times. "Miss Elayne?" After getting no answer, Torinn pushes the door open.
>> No. 74683 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74683
The room is rather spartan, with a simple bed, some cabinets, a wooden chest, and other comfort-oriented furnishings. Elayne doesn't appear to have left many of her personal items laying around, and the eladrin herself also does not appear to be present.
>> No. 74684 edit
>>74683
"Okay, she's not here. Anybody have an idea where she might have gone?"
>> No. 74685 edit
>>74684
The shaman shakes her head. "Maybe someone saw where she went."
>> No. 74686 edit
Not very sure of what's going on, the ranger goes on and asks around for the Eladrin.
Streetwise to look for Elayne: 17 http://orokos.com/roll/181395
>> No. 74687 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
74687
Sureiya is unable to locate anyone nearby who is able to claim they have seen Elayne, though one mentions off-hand that she heard the door open at some point in the night.
>> No. 74688 edit
Application of dashing good looks is necessary for effective information gathering.

Streetwise check for Elayne detection:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4465232/
>> No. 74689 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74689
Repeated questioning of certain individuals about Elayne has clearly put them off, and all that Myn is able to pick up that Sureiya did not is that nobody has seen anybody other than the adventurers entering or leaving Elayne's room since last night.
>> No. 74690 edit
Unaware that Myn was asking around, the ranger goes back with Halvang, expecting to find the rest there.
"Elayne is nowhere to be found, people didn't see her either, apparently."

Last edited at 14/04/12(Sat)11:41:35
>> No. 74691 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
74691
Sureiya returns to Halvangh with the rest of the party following, and the disguised dragon's expression twists into one of concern as the half-orc delivers the news. "Oh, my. She was rather distraught... I do hope she hasn't done anything rash."

At that moment, Sid bursts into the room and half-runs, half-stumbles over the table, his eyes still looking slightly glazed-over from fatigue but clearly panicked about something. "Adventurers, adventurers! Great googly-moogily, it's terrbile!" At this point, the gnome pauses to catch his breath, and attempts to shake the drowsiness away. "The leyline tracer, and our copy of the ritual scroll! The one we were to use to seal the leyline, they've gone missing!"

Mardoc's face darkens, and Halvangh goes pale, adding, "You don't think..."

The orc shaman shakes his head angrily, and announces, "Elayne. I'm afraid her guilt may have overcome her reason."
>> No. 74692 edit
>>74691
Shit.
"We have to go after her. She's going to get herself killed."
Easier said than done, though. We don't know where she went without the tracker.
>> No. 74693 edit
"...Darn, she might have left long ago, will how will it take you to make us another copy of the ritual?"
>> No. 74694 edit
"I made another copy of the ritual scroll already," Mardoc says, waving his hand dismissively. "I planned to take it back to Many-Arrows to have it studied more thoroughly, but under the circumstances, I will grant it to you."

"It's settled, then," a voice calls out from behind the ground. Turning around, you see for the first time in a long time, the grand duke of Baldur's Gate. Prestor is dressed in silvered armor that appears almost ceremonial instead of his usual flamboyant purple robe, and carries a jeweled scepter at his side. His arms are crossed, and he is flanked by two hulking individuals--guard captain Highwind, and a certain mean-looking orc that some of you may recognize as Kraag Bloodspire, the orcish warrior who accompanied Mardoc from Many-Arrows.

Despite the presence of these two clearly stronger individuals, it is the duke's presence that seems to dominate the gathering. As he stands in the middle of the gathering, his arms folded and his face calm, he seems to emanate an aura of command. He says, "The mission parameters have changed, but your destination is overall the same. Elayne no doubt means to perform the ritual herself, rather than have you do so on her behalf. One of my sources has overheard what has happened to you in the service of Arcanimus, and on the behalf of Baldur's Gate, you have my sincere apologies for having been mixed up in this." Prestor takes a deep breath, then continues, "And yet, it seems this makes the task concern you more than ever. Our eladrin caster is in danger. Captain Highwind, I leave coordinating the details to you."

The dragonborn nods to the duke, then faces you with a grave expression, and addresses the group in a concerned tone, "With a new copy of the ritual scroll, what we need is another leyline tracker. Sid, do you have another?"

"No--well, actually, yes!" Sid's face seems to brighten momentarily, then immediately falls into concern, "B-but--it's the prototype. I never intended for it to be used by anyone else! It's rather clunky and difficult to use, and will probably require constant maintenance--"

"Then you shall accompany the adventurers for this task," captain Highwind says simply.

Halvangh raises a hand, then interjects, "Without Elayne, we're short a ritual caster, and if Sid leaves, we'll be down two! For our plans to work, we need precise coordination between the units, and ritual casting is essential for quick communication between the various field units."

Aghanim and Samel immediately volunteer for this task. Captain Highwind nods approvingly, and the duke fixes his gaze back onto the group, "Then it is settled. Take what preparations and precautions you deem necessary, and when you are ready to head out, inform captain Highwind."
>> No. 74695 edit
>>74694
Torinn welcomes Sid to their group with a firm handshake and some encouraging words, then mentions he'll need a few minutes alone.

Go somewhere private
>> No. 74696 edit
"He's coming with us? Sid's really skilled but I wonder if he's used to combat."
As the ranger ponders about Sid's abilities, he talks a little with Samel and asks him to keep an eye on the people here.

>> No. 74697 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74697
Torinn returns to his quarters in order to be alone.
>> No. 74698 edit
"Prestor eh? he sure looks fancy with those expensive toys."
"...Hey Sid, are our enchantments done? I think we should depart soon if we want to catch up with Elayne."
>> No. 74699 edit
>>74694
...

"...Well, he did tell us to take precautions... Catching up to Ms. Elayne is most likely a doomed effort. Is there room to try and contact her while preparing the lich-bind?"

Holding question until duke leaves.

Last edited at 14/04/13(Sun)22:48:11
>> No. 74700 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74700
Samel acknowledges Sureiya's concern and assures him that the cleric is up to the task.

Halvangh looks concerned as he turns his gaze to meet "Bernkastel," but it is Mardoc who replies, "Halvangh can work on that binding ritual you wanna cook up. I can try to contact Elayne, though I doubt I can do much to change her mind."

Satisfied that there are no further questions, the duke and the guard captain leave, though Kraag Bloodspire remains, taking up a position near high shaman Mardoc.
>> No. 74701 edit
"Forget about it, there's no time for that. The ritual isn't a bad idea but Elayne comes first, I'm sure Highwind will agree."
>> No. 74702 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
74702
"I-I-the enchantments are ready! It's all finished, I can just grab my gear and I'll be ready to go!" Sid stammers and, without waiting for a reply, he bounds off to the workshop area to gather his things.
>> No. 74703 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
74703
>>74701
"If you really insist, then I'll agree, but only if Ms. Elayne responds to Mr. Mardoc. Otherwise, I think preparing the ritual is worth the time."

In the meantime, preparing equipment.

Last edited at 14/04/13(Sun)23:25:59
>> No. 74704 edit
File 139477164866.png - (167.90KB , 305x278 , F_Eladrin4.png )
74704
As the adventurers begin their own preparations, Halvangh begins to research a way to bind a lich, and Mardoc performs a Sending ritual. After a brief conversation, he reports, "Elayne tells me that she has nearly reached the leyline, and is going to perform the ritual herself. That much we presumed. She's not coming back until that's done." The orc shakes his head, then adds, "Look, if it's the Fell King's minions she encounters, she frankly has a higher chance of survival than most of the other denizens of the Underdark. But still, I think it's imperative that we reach her soon. If the Fell King gets wind of what we're trying to do, and especially if he gets that scroll in Elayne's possession, it'll most likely make what we're attempting impossible."
>> No. 74705 edit
"Well, if Sid is ready then we should leave now" says Sureiya, then he faces the shaman and adds "let's move."
>> No. 74706 edit
Insight http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468608/
>> No. 74707 edit
File 131788720549.jpg - (157.64KB , 600x600 , mardoc.jpg )
74707
Insight: Bernkastel senses a lot of frustration in Mardoc, but no duplicity.

It's about time Sid returns, and you see him for the first time with a crossbow strapped to his back (small-sized for you, though of appropriate size for him). He nods to the group and joins them.
>> No. 74708 edit
Alone with his thoughts, Torinn thinks about the future. His resolve hasn't faltered, but resolve needs to be matched with strength. For the first time in a long time, he gets on his knees and prays.

"Mighty Platinum Dragon, please watch over us as we bring light to the darkness."
>> No. 74709 edit
Torinn feels a familiar presence acknowledge his plea, and fills him with a sense of encouragement and favor.
>> No. 74710 edit
Myn is reasonably pleased that someone finally took initiative to try to do his work for him.

"With our early departure, I assume the ritual to detain the lich will not be prepared in time. Is there someone capable of delivering it to us when it's completed?"
>> No. 74711 edit
With his faith reassured, Torinn seeks out Sid to acquire his new things.
>> No. 74712 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74712
"I will have captain Highwind assign one of his best couriers to the task, as researching the ritual and making certain it will work could take some time," replies Halvangh.

Once Torinn returns, Sid hastily pulls the party's magical items from his cloak of many-pockets, and distributes them amongst the group.
>> No. 74713 edit
Torinn thanks Sid and takes his newly made helmet... and stows it away. "Not the sort of thing to be worn indoors or in polite company," he explains.
>> No. 74714 edit
>>74710
>>74712
Well, as long as it gets to us.

"If everyone is geared, we could report for duty now."

Ready, I think?
>> No. 74715 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74715
The group assembles, such as they are, and the now-five head down the corridors after Captain Highwind. He isn't too hard to find, as he is giving orders to a few dwarves assembled in front of him. Once he finishes, he turns to face the group. "If you're ready, keep following this tunnel to the north until you reach the first intersection. Head east, and you'll meet with captain Thunderbarrel. He's overseeing operations in the eastern tunnels, and you'll be heading out over there, away from the main push in the north."

Heading down the tunnel, you eventually enter into a much wider cavern area that is apparently outside the hall itself, as the floor and walls here are much more roughly hewn and seem to open into a natural cave system. A series of ramparts and a few scattered armored dwarves are the only signs of civilization out here.

The dwarf captain addresses you with a nod, and Sid begins to tinker with the device in his hands that you assume is the leyline finder as he speaks, "Ah wish ye luck, 'venturers. These tunnels 're mostly untam'd beyond this point, so thar's not tellin' what ye'll be encounterin'."
>> No. 74716 edit
>>74715
Torinn tries to be reassuring, stating, "You can count on us."
>> No. 74717 edit
>>74715
Just to make sure, the shaman mentions the delivery to the captain. "When Mr. Halvangh asks, he will need a courier well-versed with the underdark to reach us safely, so we can capture a Fell King officer."

I'll take note of anything Highwind needs us to do for the delivery to happen.

Last edited at 14/04/16(Wed)16:19:54
>> No. 74718 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74718
Captain Highwind acknowledges the shaman's statement, and the party continues on.

Though the immediate area is illuminated, as you progress deeper into the narrowing cavern, the lights of the dwarven halls begin to fade. It is dark ahead, and none of you possess the power to see in the dark.

I need a marching order and it'd probably be a good idea for someone to provide a light source.
>> No. 74719 edit
>>74718
With little fanfare, Torinn summons his faithful battle tiger from the Astral Sea and climbs on. From his higher position, he sets his newly acquired mask in place over his face, making sure to adjust it so he can see through it properly. Then he draws his new sword and holds it up. The glow from within it grows to a bright light that easily illuminates the path ahead. Fitting himself with his shield, he takes up the front position.

Call Celestial Steed
Mount Rutger
Put on Skull Mask
Equip Sunblade
Use Sunblade to create bright light up to 10 squares
Equip Shield
Take up front position

>> No. 74720 edit
>>74719
He's really wearing that. He looks like some kind of bad omen.

The spirit companion floats ahead, and stares at this ghastly attachment.


Now that the spirit companion can see, it's at the front, ahead of and above Torinn if there's room. Spirit of Athas is dismissed. I'll be behind Torinn, and also possibly behind Sureiya if he's near the front, too.
>> No. 74721 edit
Sureiya takes a front position alongside Torinn and asks the gnome.
"It might get ugly later, say Sid, when was the last time you had to fight some creatures of the underdark?"
>> No. 74722 edit
File 139772162762.png - (36.48KB , 128x128 , sidtoken.png )
74722
Sid will assume a position near the rear, and addresses Sureiya's concern, "E-erm, I'm not really a combat specialist, mister Sureiya! I don't think I've ever engaged in combat in the Underdark!"
>> No. 74723 edit
"Oh, the underdark part was mostly a joke, maybe not just a good one. Well, you're rather skilled, it might not be that bad. By the way, before we get deeper into this cave, would you give me a hand with the tattoo stone?" says Sureiya, a little embarassed.
>> No. 74724 edit
"Oh, of course!" Sid remarks, walking up to the orc and taking the stone in in his hand. "You apply the runed section of the stone to the area you wish to brand, and then activate it by chanting the name of the rune. It's quite simple, now that the stone is enchanted!"

As the group progresses, the cavern narrows quite a bit before opening up once more. Torinn leads the way on his mount with the spirit hovering nearby. Sureiya takes up a position behind Torinn, with "Bernkastel" following, and Myn and Sid bringing up the rear, after Sid is finished with the half-orc's magic tattoo. In this cavern you can continue to progress further east, or take one of two narrower tunnels, one leading north, and one northeast.

The air is rather dank, as there's little circulation this deep underground, and it's colder than you're used to. The cavern is dry and slightly dusty, and there are stalactites hanging from the ceiling, which is about 30 feet up. It's eerily quiet, so far, and there are no signs up life. Sid pulls out the leyline-tracer prototype and begins to fiddle with the various knobs on the strange contraption, then says, "We need to descend in order to get closer to the leyline, and then maybe I can get a more accurate read on direction..." Sid's eyes scan the various options laid out before the party, his mustache twitching, and he points to the tunnel to the northeast. "I think that way leads down."

Sid uses dungeoneering to attempt to determine the way down. (23) http://orokos.com/roll/183373
>> No. 74725 edit
With Sid's aid, Sureiya places the tattoo stone on his right arm, next to his shoulder. Once he feels the job is done, he saves the used stone in his bag and attempts to read the secrets of the cave as well.
Is Sid right? Dungeoneering (28) http://orokos.com/roll/183374
>> No. 74726 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74726
Sureiya's reading of the subtle sloping of the cavern walls that can just be seen on the edge of Torinn's light, along with the way the stalactites lining that tunnel formed, would agree with Sid: the way down is to the northeast.
>> No. 74727 edit
"That sounds right, let's go over there."
>> No. 74728 edit
File 139776166582.png - (258.85KB , 1010x670 , cavernA.png )
74728
As the group winds its way through the northeastern tunnel, those with a sense for underground caverns (OOC:meaning those trained in Dungeoneering) get a sense of a gradual descent. After a few hundred feet of following the tunnel of variable length and width, you encounter a sharp corner which leads east, and the tunnel seems to level out here. It would appear the tunnel pinches to a close up ahead, possibly opening into a larger area, though there are stalagmites on the ground ahead which should be navigated carefully.

The cavern as a whole appears quite natural, it is dirty and dark, with many cracks in the walls, ceiling, and floor.
>> No. 74729 edit
>>74728
"I'm going to check what's up ahead."
Torinn moves up to see whats around the corner.

Move up to the far wall
If necessary, extend range of light to up to 20 squares

>> No. 74730 edit
File 139776602591.png - (789.70KB , 1010x670 , cavernB.png )
74730
As Torinn leads the group north, he does find that the cavern opens up into a much wider area, and he activates the extra light on his sunblade, illuminating much more of the cavern. Immediately in front of the group is a row of stalagmites. Stalagmites are difficult terrain, and falling prone in a square filled with stalagmites causes a creature to take 2d10 damage. Notable features in the room that you can see from your current vantage point include several rock formations, two of which are immediately suspicious, as they seem to pulsate with a strange, orange energy that fills the cracks in the rocks. The formations are about ten feet wide and roughly eight feet tall. There are two such formations, as well as two more natural-looking rock pillars which seem to extend between ten to twelve feet up, and occupy spaces of about teen feet across.

By far the most unnatural thing that occupies this cavern, however, is a reddish-orange glowing field of magic that takes on a fifteen foot diameter circular shape. It immediately draws Torinn's eyes, and the eyes of the spirit companion, as they are the only two with a clear view of it, and the dragonborn begins to hear a faint whispering that seem to emanate from the circle.
>> No. 74731 edit
>>74730
The spirit companion tears its eyes from the skull long enough to look ahead.

At its urging, the shaman moves up to take a look, then gestures to the rest of the party to also look, stepping back to make room.


This includes Sid, ok.
Knowledge http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4472173/
Perception http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4472174/


Last edited at 14/04/17(Thu)13:25:52
>> No. 74732 edit
File 13977670396.png - (783.25KB , 1010x670 , cavernC.png )
74732
The shaman and the artificer are the first to advance and peer into the room, and immediately "Bernkastel" begins to hear the whispering from the magic circle.

"D-does anyone else hear that?!" Sid stammers, gesturing towards the circle. His gaze then fixes upon the strange rock formations, and he somewhat hops back, crying out, "Great googly-moogly, what is that?"

Sid's rolls http://orokos.com/roll/183494

Bernkastel: (Dungeoneering) You believe these rock formations are actually a kind of prison, and that something is trapped within. A perverse kind of arcane magic appears to be used in entrapping the creature, and another Arcana check would be necessary to divine its workings.
(Arcana) You believe this magic circle is some sort of spell that allows for two-way communication, though it is somewhat unstable and will likely dissipate after extended use. It probably allows communication over great distances, and is based on the Sending ritual.
(Perception) The whisperings that emanate from the circle are pretty much exactly like the ones you heard in your dreams, by your reckoning. You make out the words: Come, overdwellers... approach the circle, so that we may speak. Aside from that, you do not see or hear anything else untoward in the cavern.

>> No. 74733 edit
>>74732
"I can hear you from here."

Arcana again http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4472186/
>> No. 74734 edit
File 139777077019.png - (45.82KB , 128x128 , gaol.png )
74734
Bernkastel: (Arcana) Though you feel as though you do not fully understand the magic behind these granite gaols, you believe that the creature within is in some sort of dormant state currently. It is unlikely to be aware of its surroundings, and you wouldn't be able to communicate with it.

The voice repeats such that only the shaman can hear, Come, overdwellers... approach the circle, so that we may speak... It doesn't seem to have reacted to "Bernkastel"'s words at all.
>> No. 74735 edit
>>74734
"I have a bad feeling about replying to the circle."

bbl
>> No. 74736 edit
If there's one shape Myn is reasonably familiar with, it's circles.

Arcana check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4472326/
>> No. 74737 edit
File 130688938861.jpg - (58.75KB , 276x226 , s06-07a.jpg )
74737
"Our adversary from the dream is beckoning us toward the circle, but we should confirm the surroundings first. The glowing rocks seem to be arcane prisons, but this isn't my field. Anything from the experts?"

Last edited at 14/04/17(Thu)16:52:56
>> No. 74738 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74738
Myn: (Arcana) In addition to what Bernkastel knows, you believe that you need to be within ten feet of the circle to interact with it. Though the caster has a vague sense of its surroundings beyond that, it cannot speak with creatures farther away than ten feet.
>> No. 74739 edit
"...Let's see."
Move next to Torinn, use spyglass to see ahead.
Perception: (29) http://orokos.com/roll/183632

>> No. 74740 edit
>>74737
Aiding Myn's gaol arcana check.http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4472563/

>> No. 74741 edit
"It appears that we can't communicate with it from further than ten feet away."

Myn, the expert, assists.

Arcana check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4472564/
>> No. 74742 edit
File 139778943488.png - (782.84KB , 1010x670 , cavernD.png )
74742
From Sureiya's position, he doesn't see or hear anything suspicious, other than a faint crackling noise from the gaols.

Myn: (Arcana) You believe that there is an advanced binding ritual associated with the element of earth that is pacifying whatever creatures are inside these goals. In addition, you believe that though it would be difficult to trap a resisting creature within a goal, a restrained or helpless creature could be trapped, and the caster can do whatever it wishes with the gaol with ease, including moving or releasing it at any time.

You believe that damaging the gaol would damage whatever was trapped inside, though after taking a certain amount of damage (equal to the trapped creature's bloodied value) the gaol would burst, releasing whatever was on the inside. The gaols are not particularly difficult to hit, though they are quite difficult to move (push/pull/slide reduced by 5) and are immune to most status effects.

>> No. 74743 edit
"Can't see anything suspicious besides those jails, is there something aggressive inside?" says Sureiya, preparing a whetstone.

Last edited at 14/04/17(Thu)20:07:08
>> No. 74744 edit
>>74742

Myn relays the information.

"I suppose harmless prisoners and dangerous underground beasts are equally likely."
>> No. 74745 edit
>>74744
"I see. ... Ten feet, huh."

The shaman ponders on the information. Eventually, she turns and faces the party, gestures for them to listen, and whispers, facing the ranger.

"Mr. Sureiya. Could you sneak behind the prisons, out of the circle's range, and try to damage all of them without breaking them? Maybe about two or three strikes each?"

Then, to the others. "In the meantime, everyone else should try to keep the caster busy with conversation, and maybe try to learn something. Though, please try not to reveal anything unnecessary."
>> No. 74746 edit
"That's an unusual plan, but I'll try it."
Sureiya heads back and applies a magical whetstone to his off-sword procuring the thing watching them cannot sense him. Then, using rogue-like skills he attempts to sneak through the passaway and hides as far away he can from the magic circle.

Stealth: (26) http://orokos.com/roll/183678

Last edited at 14/04/17(Thu)22:25:22
>> No. 74747 edit
File 139782669320.png - (529.19KB , 1010x670 , cavernE.png )
74747
As Sureiya begins preparations to sneak around, it will fall on the rest of the party to move with him. Torinn has the party's light source at the moment.
>> No. 74748 edit
>>74747
Torinn dims the light significantly.

Change light type from bright to dim, reduce radius to 10 squares
>> No. 74751 edit
File 139788122535.png - (489.28KB , 1010x670 , cavernF.png )
74751
With the light dimmed, less of the cavern is visible.
>> No. 74752 edit
Sneak and hide to K-17

Last edited at 14/04/18(Fri)21:31:52
>> No. 74753 edit
A combination of a developed lack of trust in the party's oratory skills and curiosity prompts Myn to step towards the circle.

Move to L-8.
>> No. 74754 edit
File 139788286682.png - (604.62KB , 1010x670 , cavernG.png )
74754
As Torinn moves forward, he exposes another gaol in the northwest corner of the room, and to the south of it is a smaller tunnel on the western wall at ground level, too small for a medium-sized creature to fit within without squeezing, but large enough for a small-sized creature to pass through with ease.

As Myn approaches the circle, Sureiya sneaks through the shadows towards the far gaol. When Myn steps within ten feet of the circle, a spectral image of a skeletal figure in orange and brownish robes appears. The skull is clearly that of an orc, and orange energy burns within its eye sockets. Though the image is of a figure that stands about fifteen feet tall, you get the sense that it's actually blown up a bit, so the skeleton is unlikely to actually be this big in person.

The skeleton begins to move, confirming that it is, in fact, an undead creature. "Overdwellers... you intrude upon my domain... the domain of earth, a domain of death. Here, far beneath the surface, rest those who perished in Obould's purge..." the voice whispers out loud in a ghastly voice. Though its attention seems focused on Myn, you can all hear it speak. "There are more of you, yes...? Do not attempt trickery here. Despite your intrusion, should you behave with honor, you will be shown honor in turn... attempt treachery or deceit, and the earth will grind to dust..."
>> No. 74755 edit
"Honor? What kind of sick honor remains in the ones like you?!"
Despite being angered by the messenger's message, the ranger remains still, a little curious of what it wants to say.

>> No. 74756 edit
>>74754
The shaman moves up with the party. "Yes, we're here. You can't blame us for being cautious."

M-8, since I should probably leave room for Torinn. Idk where Sid would fit, though.

Last edited at 14/04/18(Fri)22:06:58
>> No. 74757 edit
File 139788549042.png - (607.89KB , 1010x670 , cavernH.png )
74757
Sid, seeing the group huddling together, climbs aboard Torinn's big cat. As "Bernkastel" approaches the circle, the skeletal orc's gaze drifts to her. He responds, "You have reason to be cautious...? For what purpose do you intrude here, overdwellers?"
>> No. 74758 edit
>>74757

"I suppose he's more polite than our standard fare, at least."

"We merely seek swift travel through the Underdark, and must be wary of its dangers. We have no quarrel with you, and would be grateful if you should allow us passage unhindered. "

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4474083/
>> No. 74761 edit
File 139792583670.png - (97.16KB , 256x256 , earthlich image.png )
74761
The skeletal orc replies in an even and patient voice, "Do not take me for a fool... no overdweller journeys to the Underdark without good reason. Should you seek passage through my domain, your honor, and your strength, will be tested..."
>> No. 74762 edit
"Can we really trust anything this bastard say?"
Insight (13) http://orokos.com/roll/184211
>> No. 74763 edit
>>74761

Myn isn't confident in either his honor or lifting capacity.

"Revealing the details of our journey would likely put companions of mine in danger. That is, unless your appearance in our dreams were unrelated to our quest."

Diplomacy: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4474383/
>> No. 74764 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74764
Sureiya: (Insight) You do not feel as if you are able to get an accurate read of the apparition's intent.

"Then it is as I thought... if yours are the dreams I invaded, then your company must be those who wish to challenge the Fell King..." the skeletal orc gestures, and a wicked-looking staff that appears to have been carved from obsidian, pulsing with red energy that has the faint appearance of magma, appears in its grasp. "I am Gallard of the Dragonsworn, and in life, I lived as an orc... my life is in service to the Dragonsworn, and the Fell King. This grisly transformation was necessary for continued service...

He pauses briefly, and Sid whispers to Torinn, "I-is this kind of thing normal for you?! This is h-highly irregular... does this creature mean us harm, o-or do you think it's being honest? Elayne spoke highly of Gallard..."

"You may think of us as enemies... but in truth, I have sought an appropriate challenge for a long time. A worthy contest of wills would be most invigorating..." the undead that calls itself Gallard continues.
>> No. 74765 edit
File 130162571920.jpg - (57.84KB , 237x363 , sak_sewnshut.jpg )
74765
>>74764
Torinn whispers back, "Usually they're more... Impatient. Or they roar, snarl or moan, sometimes all at once." The undead apparition has him on edge, but he's able to will himself not to do anything reckless at the moment.
>> No. 74769 edit
>>74764
That wizard after all, huh. It's like every name we come across is somehow relevant.

insight (26) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4474957/
>> No. 74770 edit
Bernkastel (Insight): As far as you can tell, the orc is being direct, up-front, and straight with you. It does not appear to be attempting a deception. With that said, some of the nuances of body language are lost over an astral projected image like this, and the fact that it's an undead skeleton makes it more difficult to read him as well. Still, it seems like if he was attempting to trick you he could've done a better job than this.
>> No. 74772 edit
"Then remove the traps and the monsters in this place and we will confront you soon enough. Only if you're willing to do that I'll trust you" says the ranger as he moves close enough for the "Lich?" to see him. However still feeling rather anxious of what he's doing he keeps his guard up.
Move to L-14. Ready an action, twin strike the closest Gaol if anything around become hostile.

Last edited at 14/04/20(Sun)12:59:02
>> No. 74774 edit
>>74764
Torinn takes a deep breath to calm down as he approaches the circle. Then growls, "Then why the smoke and mirrors? Why not confront us directly?"
move to J/K 8/9
derp : http://orokos.com/roll/184411 (16)


Last edited at 14/04/20(Sun)13:04:04
>> No. 74775 edit
>>74774
As if to illustrate this, he illuminates the cavern they are in from wall to wall.
set sunblade to illuminate 20 squares with bright light
>> No. 74776 edit
File 139802522719.png - (614.23KB , 1010x670 , cavernI.png )
74776
Sureiya steps out of the shadows, and the skeletal orc turns its cold gaze upon the half-orc. As Torinn adds his bluster to the mix, Gallard adjusts his pose to have a neutral facing, and he spreads his arms wide, staff in one, and the other open-palmed, "Do not accuse predators of dishonor merely because they take their enemies by surprise... that is the nature of predation, their instinct. You are not permitted to enter my domain and accuse me of cowardice for not facing you directly... I have a charge, a duty to perform, and for that charge I am required to remain where I am... overdwellers. Know this. I know not your purpose here, as you are unwilling to share it, but I advise you to turn back now... should you continue your intrusion into my domain, it will mean engaging me in my contest, and the trials you face will serve as sufficient tests to determine your prowess..."

He gestures with one of his skeletal hands, drawing it in front of him, and squeezing it into a fist. Gallard then says, "The Fell King is powerful... should you wish to challenge his might, you must be tested. In turn, these trials will teach you the nature of the realm you invade... I will learn of you, and you will learn of me. Yes, it has been far too long since I've faced a worthy challenge..." He almost seems to have slipped into reverie.

As Torinn approached, the light revealed more of the cavern. Looking around now, you can see another small tunnel along the southern wall, as well as an additional rock formation, and what appears to be a larger passage to the east. There are more stalagmite formations as well.
>> No. 74777 edit
"Then consider your challenge accepted, we won't back off" claims Sureiya, tightly holding his blades.
>> No. 74778 edit
File 130297168796.jpg - (629.65KB , 1500x1051 , sak_bringit.jpg )
74778
>>74776
With peace talks breaking down, Torinn makes a gesture of defiance. "Fine then. We will defeat your monsters. We will break through your walls. We will survive your traps. And we will beat you back into the ground."
>> No. 74779 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
74779
>>74772
Great.

>>74776
"Duty? What is it that you do down here, Mr. Gallard?"
>> No. 74780 edit
The skeletal orc snaps out of his reverie with a hiss, and stares down the shaman with blazing eyes, replying, "You dare to ask my purpose when you refuse to reveal your own? How arrogant." He raises his staff, then slams it into the earth. "Enough of this... overcome the first trial, and perhaps we will speak more."

The image of the lich begins to fade, as does the magic circle, and the closest two goals glow ominously and begin to vibrate. You hear sounds of movement coming from both tunnels, and the northern wall, as if something was skittering through them. Before you can do much more than instinctively react, you find yourself in combat once more. Sid hops off of Rutger's back, stammering, "Oh dear, oh dear!"

Last edited at 14/04/21(Mon)01:40:41
>> No. 74781 edit
Without thinking before, Sureiya retaliates against the stone jail next to him.
Twin strike! http://orokos.com/roll/184619
>> No. 74782 edit
File 139806690817.png - (913.89KB , 1010x670 , cavernJ.png )
74782
Alarmed, Sureiya lashes into the nearby gaol with his blades, chipping away at its rocky exterior, but then immediately finds himself grasped by what appears to be a set of pale, grayish tentacles. The tentacles appear to have come from the rock formation to the south, though now that you look at it, you see it opening a massive, circular mouth lined with sharp teeth, and a single yellowed eye peering at you, sitting in the midst of what appears to now be a moving pillar of stone. The tentacles constrict slightly, and the half-orc feels as though he's about to be drawn directly towards the mouth.

Sureiya's readied action triggers and he acts in the surprise round, hitting the nearby granite gaol twice for 16 and 13 damage.
The impaling roper's tentacle hits Sureiya for 7 damage and he is grabbed by it.


Initiative
Impaling Roper (Enemy): 27
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-8) 65/65
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 76/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-8/9) 38/38 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 63/70 HP, grabbed (escape DC 26)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (K-7) 71/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Impaling Roper (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9)

Objects
Granite Gaol 1 (Object): (H/I-8/9)
Granite Gaol 2 (Object): (J/K-15/16) -29 HP
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the roper is dungeoneering.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
>> No. 74783 edit
Sureiya is an expert in shady things. Also metal is related to earth or something.
Dungeoneering (28) http://orokos.com/roll/184626

>> No. 74784 edit
>>74782
That looks familiar.

Dungeoneering
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4476034/

>> No. 74785 edit
File 139806830691.png - (152.77KB , 256x256 , roper.png )
74785
Dungeoneering: (Sureiya/Bernkastel) Both of you know of ropers, though how you came into this knowledge is a topic probably best left unexplored. They are denizens of the Elemental Chaos (elemental magical beasts), methodical hunters that inhabit underground caves and passages frequented by smaller creatures. Ropers are well-adapted to their environment, possessing darkvision and the ability to climb walls (they have spider climb). Disguising themselves as rocks, they use the element of surprise to catch and devour prey (this impaling roper is a level 10 lurker). Ropers have a strange sort of biology, they pass on their memories to their offspring, and reproduce asexually. Though they are concerned entirely with feeding their hunger, they are actually intelligent enough to be reasoned with, though they only speak primordial.

Despite being slow-moving, the tentacles of a roper have incredible reach and are quite strong, capable of grasping enemies up to fifty feet away (tentacle is the roper's melee basic attack, which has a melee reach of 10 and is vs Reflex, and deals minor damage and grabs enemies it hits). It is possible to use weapons or magic to free a creature grabbed by the roper by attacking the tentacle, though doing so does no harm to the creature itself (you can attack the square the grabbed creature occupies, a hit deals no damage and has no other effect on the roper but ends the grab). What's most dangerous is if the roper draws the creature close. This particular breed of roper, the impaling roper, chooses to draw victims close and impale them on jagged protrusions from its body, only devouring the creature once it is dead (impale is a standard action attack that pulls a creature grabbed by the roper adjacent to it, then attacks for massive damage and ends the grab).

>> No. 74786 edit
File 130678104694.jpg - (34.71KB , 163x195 , k04a.jpg )
74786
>>74785
"It's a roper. We should try not to be pulled in, even if we need to focus on the tentacle."

Free action: relay.

Last edited at 14/04/21(Mon)01:31:48
>> No. 74787 edit
Sureiya remembers of some nasty things due to the friendly interaction with the roper.
(Primordial) I'll get you!
>> No. 74788 edit
Slightly concerned about moving into the unguarded open space, Myn manages to psychically punch the creature's mind after an initial failure.

Move action: Move to L-11.
Minor action: Curse Roper.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Roper.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4476048/
Reroll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4476050/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4476053/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4476067/ (actually 24)


Last edited at 14/04/21(Mon)02:13:21
>> No. 74790 edit
File 139810298344.png - (908.43KB , 1010x670 , cavernK.png )
74790
Myn moves out into the room and fixes his gaze upon the roper, briefly uttering a vile curse against it before unleashing a torrent of mental agony. Though the backlash staggers the warlock as well, the roper seems to be worse for wear, and it trashes about in place, clearly in pain.

Myn moves. Myn places his curse on the roper.
Myn uses shared agony against the roper, which initially misses but hits on the reroll for 24 psychic damage, and takes 6 psychic damage.


Initiative
Impaling Roper (Enemy): 27
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-11) 59/65
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 76/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-8/9) 38/38 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 63/70 HP, grabbed (escape DC 26)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (K-7) 71/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Impaling Roper (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -24 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 1 (Object): (H/I-8/9)
Granite Gaol 2 (Object): (J/K-15/16) -29 HP
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the roper is dungeoneering.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
>> No. 74791 edit
>>74790
Torinn moves away from the strange stalagmite and confronts the roper. At a very inconvenient moment, his mask slips and temporarily blinds him. His strike goes wild and misses, barely singeing the creature.

Move to N/O-10/11
Miss roper with Valiant Strike + Holy Smite for 9 radiant damage : http://orokos.com/roll/184750 (nat 1)


Last edited at 14/04/21(Mon)12:07:52
>> No. 74792 edit
File 139811023740.png - (1.02MB , 1010x670 , cavernL.png )
74792
Torinn surges forward on his mount, bearing down on the roper with murderous intent--he puts perhaps too much vigor into his charge, however, and his blade barely nicks the beast's craggy exterior. However, the divine energy he channels still manages to sear the creature's eye, and it shrieks in pain.

Torinn moves, then uses valiant strike with holy smite, but misses for 9 radiant damage.

Initiative
Impaling Roper (Enemy): 27
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-11) 59/65
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 76/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (N/O-10/11) 38/38 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 63/70 HP, grabbed (escape DC 26)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (K-7) 71/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Impaling Roper (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -33 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 1 (Object): (H/I-8/9)
Granite Gaol 2 (Object): (J/K-15/16) -29 HP
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the roper is dungeoneering.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
>> No. 74793 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
74793
Is it the locale? Rather than having the usual effect, the infused spell conjures a big rock, and sends it flying the roper's way.

Move action: Spirit companion next to Myn.
Standard action: Spriit Infusion for Myn. Rin is allowing a retroactive Gloves of Eldritch Admixture use for this, so joji could roll one or two charges if willing. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477147/
Minor action: Conjure spirit companion to P-11, and 4 temporary HP to Torinn. Unless the roper is immune to fear, it should grant CA to everyone now.

>> No. 74794 edit
File 139813440793.png - (1.02MB , 1010x670 , cavernM.png )
74794
As the shaman moves her spirit, she hears something skitter from one of the tunnels, making a chittering, laughing noise as it does so, and some of the adventurers spy it leering around one of the rock formations to the northeast. As the spirit infuses Myn, his eldritch blast takes on the form of a giant rock that strikes the roper soundly, sending it reeling and oozing black blood from its eye socket. As the spirit returns, Torinn feels some resilience building within him.

Another creature emerges from one of the tunnels, and you can see it clearly--a small, goblinoid zombie clad in rags with a rusted dagger clutched between its rotting hands, and several more daggers strapped to its chest. Suddenly, something whips past the warlock at a lightning-fast speed. It didn't appear very well-aimed, but it looked like the tentacle of another roper--and though you thought you heard something moving over there, only the shaman is perceptive enough to notice that it shuffled forward slightly. This distracts Sid just long enough for a dagger to fly through the air and nick him in the back of the neck, signaling the arrival of yet another zombified goblin. It chitters excitedly, but the gnome fades from sight just in time to evade its follow-up blow as it comes charging towards the hapless artificer.

"Oh dear, oh dear," Sid cries out, and you hear him put some distance between himself and the goblin before a canister of some strange admixture plops down at Sureiya's feet. The gases that emerge from it strengthen the half-orc within the roper's grasp, which suddenly slackens as the sound of an explosion reverberates throughout the cavern, accompanied by the wail of a dying roper. As Sid fades back into view, he is wide-eyed and his mouth is open in shock as the burning remains of the roper crumble to the ground, having been completely engulfed in a blast of black powder. "Th-that compound is usually not that e-effective!" the gnome stammers in apparent shock.

Lil' Murderer 2 emerges from a tunnel, then moves.
Bernkastel moves her spirit companion.
Bernkastel uses spirit infusion, and Myn's eldritch blast hits the roper for 24 damage.
Bernkastel resummons her spirit companion. This bloodies the roper, and Myn's darkspiral aura increases.
Lil' Murderer 3 emerges from a tunnel, then moves.
Something attacks from the northeast, but its tentacle misses Myn.
Lil' Murderer 1 emerges from a tunnel. It then uses killing spree, throwing its dagger at Sid and hitting for 16 damage, which causes Sid to use fade away to turn invisible until the end of his next turn or until he attacks. The Lil' Murderer then charging Sid with its dagger, but misses due to invisibility.
Sid moves, then uses smokepowder blast against the impaling roper, which crits (http://orokos.com/roll/184905) for 34 damage, which kills it outright.
Sid uses resistive formula on Sureiya, expending one of his healing infusions. Sureiya gains a +1 power bonus to AC until the end of the encounter, and as a free action can end this effect to gain 22 temporary hit points.


Initiative
Impaling Roper (Enemy): 27
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): 21
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-11) 59/65, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 76/76 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (N/O-10/11) 38/38 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 63/70 HP, resistive formula (+1 power to AC)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (N-11) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Impaling Roper (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
??? Possibly a Roper (Enemy): (????) Passive Perception 22: H/I-18/19
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-6)
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (G-14)
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (G-14)

Objects
Granite Gaol 1 (Object): (H/I-8/9)
Granite Gaol 2 (Object): (J/K-15/16) -29 HP
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
>> No. 74795 edit
Religion checks, our only weakness. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477248/
>> No. 74796 edit
Torinn knows a fair bit about lil' murderers.
Religion : http://orokos.com/roll/184916 19
>> No. 74797 edit
Religion:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477276/
Immediate Reaction: Life Siphon off of Sid's damage.


Last edited at 14/04/21(Mon)20:31:45
>> No. 74798 edit
File 139813732274.png - (24.38KB , 128x128 , lilmurderer.png )
74798
Torinn: (Religion) These small goblin zombies, sometimes called lil' murderers, are quick and vicious killers that seem to have little interest other than killing (they are level 10 skirmishers). Striking quickly from the shadows and slipping away is their specialty, reflecting their tactics in life as goblins. They're typically raised from goblin corpses by apprentice necromancers and often end up killing the one who raises them, as few necromancers actually have the power that they profess to possess. Once free, they generally retreat to shadowy alleys or underground passages frequented by humanoids and go on killing sprees until they are eventually caught and put down, or try to kill something that's simply too big for them. Lil' murderers that remain under the control of those who resurrect them are quite dangerous, should their talents be directed at appropriate targets. Like most undead, they are immune to poison and disease, resistant to necrotic attacks, but weak against divine radiance.
>> No. 74799 edit
>>74798
"Careful of the goblins. They're really good at hit-and-run tactics."
>> No. 74800 edit
"Hey Sid, that one was mine!"
The ranger thanks Sid for freeing him, and even though he's curious about what's inside of the Gaols, his duty lies ahead with the goblins. "Don't try getting away from me, little man."
Move to J-11
Quarry the murderer
Lashing leaves! (with furious attack) 20 and 23 damage if both hit) Goblin receives +3 damage every time it is hit and I get 2 to all defenses against it until the end of the next turn.
http://orokos.com/roll/184930


Last edited at 14/04/21(Mon)21:05:02
>> No. 74801 edit
>>74794
"Another roper," points the shaman.
>> No. 74802 edit
File 139815204576.png - (1.27MB , 1010x670 , cavernN.png )
74802
Sureiya whirls around through the battlefield, eying one of the goblin zombies before unleashing a quick succession of slashes, leaving it staggered and vulnerable. Using the half-orc's attack as cover, another goblin slinks out from one of the tunnels and hurls a dagger at Sid, who is nearly struck right in the face had Torinn not noticed and protected him with a holy shield, absorbing the brunt of the blow. Sid practically staggers backwards from shock, and this causes the goblin's slash to go wild when it charges him with another dagger.

It's at this time that the gaol Sureiya just vacated bursts open, sending a shower of rocks out to ten feet away--and luckily striking none of the adventurers. What was inside now stands before you, a hulking brutish undead monstrosity that appears to be made of many corpses stitched together--it has four arms, with one much larger than the others and empty-handed, and a more appropriately-proportioned arm holding a cleaver, though at an odd angle from the shoulder. It doesn't look terribly smart, but you can guess it bears murderous intent as it fixes its stupid yet fierce gaze upon you and lets loose a mighty bellow. As it does so, its insides seem to jiggle, and you can almost see them spilling out from its stitched-together gut, which is leaking some sort of black sludge.

Sureiya moves and places his quarry. Sureiya then uses lashing leaves, hitting twice for 20 damage and 23 damage (with quarry and furious assault).
Lil' murderer 4 emerges from the southern tunnel. It then uses killing spree, critting with a ranged dagger for 25 damage, Torinn uses righteous shield to take 15 damage instead. It then charges Sid but misses with its melee dagger attack.
The granite gaol near Sureiya and the murderers looks like it will burst soon.
Ghoulish gaoler bursts its granite gaol, but no creatures are within 2 squares.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): 21
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): 14
Ghoulish Gaoler (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-11) 59/65, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/76 HP, +2 to attack murderer 4
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (N/O-10/11) 38/38 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 63/70 HP, resistive formula (+1 power to AC)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (N-11) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-6)
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (G-14)
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -43 HP, takes 3 extra damage
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13)
Ghoulish Gaoler (Enemy): (J/K-15/16)

Objects
Granite Gaol 1 (Object): (H/I-8/9), threatening to burst
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
>> No. 74803 edit
Religion check for gaoler:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477459/
>> No. 74804 edit
>>74802
useless http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477460/
>> No. 74805 edit
File 139815256147.png - (159.40KB , 256x256 , gaoler.png )
74805
"Th-the big thing is a tough one! It's traits are typical for undead, b-but it'll sure hit hard, so try not to get hit by it!" Sid stammers helpfully as he recovers from the goblin attack.

Sid's Knowledge: http://orokos.com/roll/184960 Ghoulish gaoler is a level 11 brute, immune to poison and disease, resistant to necrotic but weak to radiant damage. It is undead. He learned more but the time for a history lesson is not in the middle of battle.
>> No. 74806 edit
Myn defends himself with his largest meatshield, shooting out magic from a pleasantly secure position.

Minor action: Curse Murderer 3.
Move action: Move to O-9.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Murderer 3.

Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477474/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477478/

>> No. 74807 edit
File 139818850670.png - (1.27MB , 1010x670 , cavernO.png )
74807
The warlock backs off as he utters another curse, this time against one of the goblin zombies, and as he attains his new position he fires off a bolt of eldritch energy at the curse foe. It's too quick, however, and nimbly dodges the blast, chittering as it does so.

Having just seen one of the gaols burst open, both Bernkastel and Myn becomes aware that the other one will likely harm anything nearby when it bursts, though damaging it sufficiently to release the creature trapped inside will not cause it to burst in this manner (the creature is released and the gaol destroyed without attacking).

Myn curses lil' murderer 3 and then moves. His eldritch blast misses lil' murderer 3.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): 21
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): 14
Ghoulish Gaoler (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-9) 64/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/76 HP, +2 to attack murderer 4
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (N/O-10/11) 38/38 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 63/70 HP, resistive formula (+1 power to AC)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (N-11) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-6)
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (G-14)
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -43 HP, takes 3 extra damage, cursed (Myn)
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13)
Ghoulish Gaoler (Enemy): (J/K-15/16)

Objects
Granite Gaol 1 (Object): (H/I-8/9), threatening to burst
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
When the gaols burst, they attack creatures within 2 squares for some damage. Damaging a gaol sufficiently to release the creature inside does not cause it to burst.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
>> No. 74808 edit
>>74807
With the party strewn around, Torinn's blade imbues itself with a holy light. He gives a very loud suggestion to Bernkastel first : "Fall back to the alcove!"

Rutger roars before leaping to the far wall above the goblin creature. It moves a few paces before dropping back down to catch the creature in a flank with Sid. He draws back his sword, then delivers a slash that flares brightly when it strikes the lil' murderer.

Set Sunblade damage to radiant damage
Jump to P-Q/12-13 elevation 2, then land at P-Q/13-14 (without provoking opportunity attacks) http://orokos.com/roll/185053 (36, 36)
Valiant strike against Lil' Murderer 4 http://orokos.com/roll/185054 (36, 19 plus radiant damage weakness)

>> No. 74809 edit
File 139821370593.png - (1.23MB , 1010x670 , cavernP.png )
74809
Finding themselves gradually overrun, Torinn remains resolute as his blade burns with divine energy, and the big cat he rides leaps to the wall and then back off, crashing down behind the unsuspecting zombie goblin. The dragonborn's strike finds its mark, and the lil' murderer screams as the radiant energy sears its flesh.

Sureiya finds himself with more to worry about as a dagger sails past his head--another one of the goblins looks to engage him. He has just enough time to draw upon the vitality granted to him by Sid's formula before the goblin is upon him, digging its dagger into his hide armor.

Torinn activates his sunblade, then leaps to the wall and bounds down before hitting the lil' murderer 4 with valiant strike for 19 radiant damage (increased to 24).
Lil' murderer 2 moves, then uses killing spree, missing Sureiya with its ranged dagger, then charging Sureiya, in response to which Sureiya activates resistive formula and gains 22 temporary hit points. He then takes 23 damage from the lil' murderers melee dagger.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): 21
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): 14
Ghoulish Gaoler (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-9) 64/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-14/15) 38/38 HP
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 62/70 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (N-11) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-6)
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-12)
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -43 HP, takes 3 extra damage, cursed (Myn)
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -24 HP
Ghoulish Gaoler (Enemy): (J/K-15/16)

Objects
Granite Gaol 1 (Object): (H/I-8/9), threatening to burst
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
When the gaols burst, they attack creatures within 2 squares for some damage. Damaging a gaol sufficiently to release the creature inside does not cause it to burst.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
>> No. 74810 edit
File 139821998141.png - (91.62KB , 256x256 , icearchon.png )
74810
"Terrible position, Mr. Sureiya. Here."

The shaman quickly surveys the battlefield and determines prime targets for her new evocation. In less than a second, four ephemeral armored soldiers, seemingly built entirely from solid ice, erupt from the earth, showering their surroundings with miniscule ice crystals as they move into position in the air (Sureiya gets the brunt of this). Using the shaman's channeled strength, they grab at their enemies, their ice chilling their very souls through the infusion and rooting them in place. Though one manages to get away, the usual air spirits still manage to pull Sureiya away through the distraction.


Free action: Draw Goblin Totem(ic) Javelin.
Minor action: Primordial Retribution, tortured elementals at K-7, J-11, I-15, and K-13, all elevation 1.
Standard action: Primordial Retribution attack against the Lil' Murderers 1, 2, and 3 and the Gaoler. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4478681/

Hit: The target is restrained and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both). Remove one tortured elemental from play.
Miss: Slide the target and the tortured elemental each 1 square.

The three hits consume all elementals but the one at K-13, and I'll slide it to K-14 while Murderer 2 is slid to K-11.
Move action: Reorient the Axis. Targets Sureiya, Myn, and Sid. They can shift 5 squares. Also, spirit companion to N-13.


Last edited at 14/04/22(Tue)19:28:26
>> No. 74811 edit
Shift to O-12
>> No. 74812 edit
Shift to Q-14.
>> No. 74813 edit
File 139822461191.png - (1.23MB , 1010x670 , cavernQ.png )
74813
As the shaman draws forth her totem weapon, ice-based armored soldiers are conjured into beings by her summons. The icy soldiers appear to be covered in spectral chains and write as they infuse into the nearby goblins and the gaoler, chilling them to the core and binding them in place--though one of the archons seems to merely pass through a zombie, and the affected zombie staggers forward. Two of the bound goblin zobmies hurl daggers at the shaman, though neither even comes close to hitting, and a tentacle also whips past her, making the enemies look hilariously ineffective.

Sid, on the other hand, is now more confident, and takes a more aggressive position, drawing a bead on the injured goblin with his hand crossbow. He then launches a fiery bolt, crying out, "Bombs away!", and striking it soundly. As the flames burn away at the goblin's flesh, you can tell it is very badly injured, and Myn's curse suddenly dissipates from the creature and affects several of the other enemies nearby. The goblin zombie screams even as Torinn and Sureiya both find their weapons glowing with a fiery enchantment, which also seems to now be affecting Sid's weapon.

Bernkastel draws her totem weapon, then summons her tortured elementals. She then uses their attack, which hits murderer 1, 2, and the gaoler for ongoing 5 damage and restrained (save ends), and misses murderer 3.
Bernkastel uses reorient the axis, allowing some of her allies to shift.
Lil' murderer 3 throws a dagger at Bernkastel but misses.
Impaling roper 2 uses tentacle against Bernkastel but misses.
Lil' murderer 1 throws a dagger at Bernkastel and misses.
Sid moves. Sid uses burning weapon against lil' murderer 3, hitting for 13 fire damage. Until the end of Sid's next turn, Sid, Torinn, Rutger, Myn, and Sureiya deal 4 extra fire damage with fire and weapon attacks. http://orokos.com/roll/185250 This bloodies it, and Myn spreads his curse.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): 21
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): 14
Ghoulish Gaoler (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Q-13) 64/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 65/76 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (O/P-14/15) 38/38 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-12) 62/70 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (R-10) 55/71 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks

Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-6), cursed, ongoing 5 damage and restrained (save ends both)
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11), cursed
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -56 HP (Bloodied), takes 3 extra damage, ongoing 5 damage and restrained (save ends both)
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -24 HP
Ghoulish Gaoler (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -29 HP, cursed, ongoing 5 damage and restrained (save ends both)

Objects
Granite Gaol 1 (Object): (H/I-8/9), threatening to burst
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
When the gaols burst, they attack creatures within 2 squares for some damage. Damaging a gaol sufficiently to release the creature inside does not cause it to burst.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
>> No. 74814 edit
File 139235429990.jpg - (78.02KB , 534x750 , 124235234234234.jpg )
74814
The ranger shifts away from his prey just to face another undead goblin. He's not bothered by it, and he throws his signature boomerang-like attack against his quarry (which still always seems to miss one of the hits.) However the enemy in front of him uses this chance to avenge his alike. Sureiya returns the favor, and as soon his flying sword is back he stabs it with might. "Blood" flies everywhere, but Sureiya doesn't stop there. He spends his energy reserves and becomes empowered by his connection with the elemental plane. His skin gets sharp and strong, as if was made of swords, and in his fury he attacks the lil murderer twice, or so he tries. Then it stops, Sureiya becomes calm again but faces a mess in front of him.

Ranged twin strike against Lil murderer 3! (23, 21 damage; 24, 22 damage) Lil' murderer 4 can OA me.
Off-hand strike against Lil' murderer 4 (with inevitable strike)! If it hits twice (36 and 27) it deals 32 damage.
Action point! Twin strike against Lil murderer 4 with even more bonuses! (one hit, for 31 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/185271
http://orokos.com/roll/185278
http://orokos.com/roll/185286


Last edited at 14/04/22(Tue)23:50:11
>> No. 74815 edit
File 139823941218.png - (1.09MB , 1010x670 , cavernR.png )
74815
Sureiya throws his blade twice, managing to get one good hit against the heavily wounded goblin zombie, and it looks quite worse for wear at this point. The half-orc then turns his attention to the closest one, focusing elemental power into a single strike that nearly runs it through, then following it up with another pair, one of which is nimbly dodged but the other of which cuts off one of its ears. It shrieks even as another gaol bursts open, showering three of the lil murderers with rocks--though two of the zombies manage to scramble out of the way of the majority.

Lacking many options, the surrounded goblin zombie feebly attempts to attack Torinn before scampering away, only to be struck down by the paladin's radiance. The victory is short-lived, however, as the hulking abomination roars and slams its massive fist into the ground, breaking it apart, then digging two of its other hands into the earth and causing a massive upheaval of ground that strikes the quite surprised Torinn, Rutger, and Sureiya, pushing them backwards and leaving them shaking dust out of their armor. The hulking zombie rotates its neck and stares down the three with a burning hatred.

Sureiya uses ranged twin strike against lil' murderer 3, missing once and hitting once for 22 damage. The lil' murderer 4 does not take an opportunity attack due to Torinn's aura.
Sureiya uses off-hand strike against lil' murderer 4, hitting with inevtiable strike for 32 damage.
Sureiya spends an action point! Sureiya uses twin strike against the lil' murderer 4, missing once and hitting once for 31 damage.
Ghoulish gaoler 1 bursts from its gaol, dealing 11 damage to lil' murderer 1 but missing 2 and 3.
(Added ongoing damage to lil murderers 1/3 and they both saved.)
Lil' murderer 4 uses killing spree, which recharged when it was bloodied, and attacks Torinn with its dagger, but Sureiya interrupts with battle awareness, missing. The murderer's attack still misses and as part of the attack it shifts 2 squares, taking 17 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance. http://orokos.com/roll/185320 This kills it.
Ghoulish gaoler takes ongoing 5 damage. It then uses landslide, a close blast 5 attack, which hits Sureiya, Torinn, and Rutger for 22 damage and they are pushed 3 squares. It saves.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): 21
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): 14
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Q-13) 64/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 43/76 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Q/R-14/15) 23/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-9) 40/70 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (R-10) 55/71 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-6) -16 HP, cursed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) cursed
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -34 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
When the gaols burst, they attack creatures within 2 squares for some damage. Damaging a gaol sufficiently to release the creature inside does not cause it to burst.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
>> No. 74816 edit
File 139824166945.png - (14.33KB , 128x128 , tentacletoken.png )
74816
Somewhat concerned with the horde of enemies converging on his attack-enabling machine, Myn calls forth a pair of icy tentacles that rise up out of the earth. He puts forth a rare extra effort to command one to viciously ensnare the nearest toddler assassin.

Move action: Move to O-10.
Standard action: Cast Tentacles of Cryonax at J-7 (Tentacle 1) and J-10 (Tentacle 2).
Minor action: Cast Fey Bargain.

(AP) Standard action: Tentacle 2 secondary power attack Murderer 2.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4478998/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4479002/

>> No. 74819 edit
File 139827525640.png - (1.09MB , 1010x670 , cavernS.png )
74819
After repositioning himself, the warlock gestures with one hand, still grasping his rods firmly, and holes open in the ground near the gathering of enemies to the north. From the swirling black vortexes emerge two four-foot long icy tentacles, which thrash and writhe as Myn invokes a deal with the fey trickster he keeps on the side. Gathering forth a burst of energy, he commands a tentacle to slap down one of the lil' murderers, and the goblin is enveloped completely by the tentacle's crushing grasp.

Myn moves, then uses tentacles of Cryonax, conjuring two icy tentacles. He then uses fey bargain, gaining a +2 to his next attack roll but failing his next save.
Myn spends an action point! He uses the attack of one tentacle, which hits lil' murderer 2 for 20 cold damage, and it is grabbed (save ends).


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): 21
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): 14
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-10) 64/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 43/76 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Q/R-14/15) 23/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-9) 40/70 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (R-10) 55/71 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Tortured Elemental (Voyager): K-14, Elevation 1
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-6) -16 HP, cursed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -20 HP, cursed, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -83 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (H/I-8/9)
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -34 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74820 edit
File 139828108237.jpg - (385.40KB , 600x849 , sak_king.jpg )
74820
Torinn loudly bangs on his shield twice with his blade as Rutger carries him into the fray. Having gotten the attention of every creature in the room, he takes a deep breath, and, amplified by power of his holy talisman, shouts at the assembled enemies.

The cone of sound passes harmlessly through the tentacles, and just sounds loud to the rest of the assembled party. To the targets of his ire, however, the clamor of his voice is that of legion, the voice of every ancestor of the Tormine clan crying out in unison, from the lowliest apprentice and the youngest kin to those who fought and those who grew old. Thousands of years of history scream out a simple desire at the abominations, a single command enforced by the will of the Platinum Dragon :

Draconic : Fall!

The force of this is great enough to dissolve one of the lil' murderers where it stands, its body so thoroughly gone that no profane ritual could hope to reraise it. The others are wounded by his words in a literal and figurative sense, gradually eroding the dark forces that bind the creatures to this plane.

He tries a similar trick on the other gaoler, lightning splitting around the archon, but fails to actually hit the undead creature he was targeting. All of them, however, know their true enemy : he made sure to engrave it upon their essence with his words.


Move to L-M/12-13
Shout of Condemnation against Lil' Murderers 1, 2, and 3, and Ghoulish Gaoler 1 : http://orokos.com/roll/185444 (15, 20, 31, 28) (19 thunder damage) vs will; on hit, target takes ongoing 5 thunder damage and is subject to divine sanction (save ends both); on miss, half damage, and the target is subject to divine sanction until the end of my next turn
Dragon breath against Ghoulish Gaoler 2 : http://orokos.com/roll/185445 (14, 7) ; subject to divine sanction on miss


Last edited at 14/04/23(Wed)12:25:23
>> No. 74821 edit
Warned of an incoming attack, Torinn parries it with his own :

MBA from Powerful Warning, plus Holy Smite : http://orokos.com/roll/185525 (22, 30)
>> No. 74822 edit
File 139830259011.png - (1.26MB , 1010x670 , cavernT.png )
74822
Torinn rides his battle-tiger forward and joins the rest of the battle with a resounding shout that is amplified with thunder energy by his holy symbol. Though the nearest goblin is shifted slightly out of the path by the writhing tentacle, the most wounded goblin collapses and the newly-arrived gaoler is briefly staggered and focuses its attention on the mounted dragonborn. Turning, Torinn lets fly a burst of lightning from his maw, and though it does not affect the other gaoler, it takes notice and is placed under Torinn's sanction.

It's the shaman's urging for Torinn to turn back around that allows him to block the grabbed goblin's desperate stab as it is tossed back and forth by the tentacle, and a counterstrike from Torinn can't seem to find its mark on the rapidly-flailing goblin zombie. Though try as it might, the lil' murderer can't seem to escape the tentacle's grasp, and as it constricts and is seared with divine energy, one of the goblin zombie's eyes pops out.

Torinn moves, then uses shout of condemnation, missing murderer 2 for 9 thunder damage but hitting lil' murderer 3 and ghoulish gaoler 1 for 19 thunder damage, killing lil' murderer 3 and inflicting ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioning the gaoler (save ends both). Lil' murderer 2 is sanctioned until the end of Torinn's next turn.
Torinn uses dragon breath but misses gaoler 2, it is sanctioned until the end of his next turn.
Lil' murderer 2 takes ongoing 5 cold damage, and attacks Torinn in melee with its dagger, but Bernkastel's powerful warning causes it to miss. Torinn's melee basic attack with holy smite misses for 9 radiant damage (increased to 14). Lil' murderer 2 fails its save against the tentacle and takes 5 cold damage. This bloodies the goblin and Myn's aura increases.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): 14
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-10) 64/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 43/76 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-12/13) 23/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-9) 40/70 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (R-10) 55/71 HP, 4 extra fire damage on fire and weapon attacks
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Tortured Elemental (Voyager): K-14, Elevation 1
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-6) -16 HP, cursed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -54 HP (Bloodied), grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10, sanctioned, slowed
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (H/I-8/9) -19 HP, ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioned (save ends both)
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -34 HP, cursed, sanctioned

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74823 edit
>>74815
"How does that even work??" complains the shaman under her breath, unamused by the gaoler's ridiculous strength.

Still, almost as disconcerting are Myn's tentacle conjurations, oddly(?) repulsive despite their seemingly elemental origins.
"Mr. N, I hope you know what you're summoning."

Meanwhile, her spirits do their work, healing and attacking things.

Free action: Bag of Holding, drawing Chieftain's Short Spear.
Minor action: Healing Spirit for Torinn. He heals for surge+2, and Sid heals for 2d6+2.
- http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4479981/ (Torinn heals 26, Sid heals 9)
- Either Torinn or Sid can heal for 3 from Sid's Gadgeteer's Garb.
Minor action: Inspiring Word for Sureiya, healing for surge+2d6+2.
- http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4479982/ (Sureiya heals 18+7=25)
- Again, Sureiya or Sid can heal for 3.
Standard action: Trying to restrain Gaoler 2.
- http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4479979/ (18 vs. Reflex)
No action: Heroic Effort to add 4 to the attack roll, which I should safely assume missed. (22 vs. Reflex)

hopefully others can cover the healing after this


Last edited at 14/04/23(Wed)19:55:48
>> No. 74824 edit
File 139832319911.png - (1.31MB , 1010x670 , cavernU.png )
74824
As the shaman complains and fiddles with her spear, her captive ice archon hurls itself into the nearby gaoler, seemingly freezing it in place. It grunts as the spirit companion restores the vitality of the party. Unfortunately, the shaman is caught off guard as the roper shambles to the north for a clearer path, and whips its tentacles forward and around her, even as the relatively unscathed goblin zombie slinks away from the chilling tentacle and hurls a dagger in her direction. Slicing a nick into her shoulder, it now appears she's in a bit of trouble.

Sid gingerly steps over the fallen roper next to Sureiya, and nods to him, saying, "You look like you could use some of this!" As the half-orc watches the gnome loose a bolt from his hand crossbow that explodes into fire as it strikes the zombie held by the warlock's tentacle, he finds his weapons suddenly gleaming with additional arcane power--they feel lighter and yet at the same time, sharper and deadlier. Almost as an afterthought, the artificer tosses a canister in the shaman's direction, and it releases a invigorating gas that she immediately inhales. "Bernkastel" feels galvanized by whatever it is she just took in, and is much heartier as a result.

Bernkastel prepares her spear. Bernkastel uses healing spirit, Torinn spends a surge and regains 29 hit points, Sid regains 9 hit points.
Bernkastel uses inspiring word, Sureiya spends a surge and regains 28 hit points.
Bernkastel uses the attack of her tortured elemental, which hits ghoulish gaoler 2 with the aid of heroic effort. It is restrained and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both).
Impaling roper 2 moves, then uses tentacle, hitting Bernkastel for 12 damage and she is grabbed.
Lil murderer 1 takes 5 cold damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn by Myn's tentacle. It moves away then throws a dagger at Bernkastel which hits for 16 damage.
Sid moves, then uses magic weapon against lil' murderer 1, hitting for 10 damage plus 4 fire damage. Sureiya gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and +4 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of Sid's next turn. http://orokos.com/roll/185666
Sid uses resistive formula on Bernkastel, she gains a +1 power bonus to AC and can end the effect as a free action to gain 19 temporary hit points.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-10) 64/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 72/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-12/13) 23/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-9) 68/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 36/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, grabbed by the roper, resistive formula (+1 power to AC)
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Q-10) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-4) -21 HP, cursed, slowed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -64 HP (Bloodied), grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10, sanctioned, slowed
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (H/I-8/9) -19 HP, ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioned (save ends both)
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -34 HP, cursed, sanctioned, ongoing 5 damage and restrained (save ends both)

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74825 edit
The ranger is dazed by the Gaoler's display of strength and hesitates for a second.
Delay after Gaoler 1
>> No. 74826 edit
>>74824
I'll use the free action thp right away.
>> No. 74827 edit
File 139838926528.png - (1.26MB , 1010x670 , cavernV.png )
74827
As Sureiya hesitates, the newly-released gaoler lumbers forward and slams all of its fists into the earth, sending a ripple through the ground that crashes over several of the gathered adventurers--Sid just barely sends a lightning-charged bolt through the onslaught which strikes the gaoler in the eye, and an arc of electric energy infuses the shaman with a bit of a fast-acting barrier that protects her from one of the larger rocks. Torinn's mount isn't looking to be in top shape anymore, though the rest of the party still looks hearty, if a bit thrown out of position.

Sureiya delays. Ghoulish gaoler 1 takes ongoing 5 thunder damage, and takes 5 cold damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn.
Ghoulish gaoler 1 moves, then uses landslide, hitting Bernkastel, Torinn, Rutger, and Myn for 11 damage and pushing them 3 squares. Sid interrupts with shocking feedback, which hits for 17 lightning damage, and Bernkastel gains resist 5 to all damage until the end of Sid's next turn, this reduces the incoming damage to 6. http://orokos.com/roll/185796 It misses the tentacle in Bernkastel's square.
Gaoler 1 fails its save against Torinn's ongoing damage and sanction.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-10) 53/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-12/13) 17/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-9) 68/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, grabbed by the roper, resist 5 all
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Q-10) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-4) -21 HP, cursed, slowed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -64 HP (Bloodied), grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10, sanctioned, slowed
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -29 HP, ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioned (save ends both), slowed
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -34 HP, cursed, sanctioned, ongoing 5 damage and restrained (save ends both)

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74831 edit
Move to L-11
Quarry lil murderer 2
Twin strike (18 and 17 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/186004
http://orokos.com/roll/186005

>> No. 74832 edit
File 139839927692.png - (1.26MB , 1010x670 , cavernW.png )
74832
The half-orc rushes forward and makes two quick cuts with his enchanted blades, tearing off huge chunks of zombie flesh and slicing one of the goblin's arms off at the elbow. It slumps in the tentacle's grip, and though is seems barely functional, it doesn't look like it's going to remain that way much longer.

The gaoler, still imprisoned by the shaman's spirit, struggles as it rears back and tries to cleave into the paladin's shoulder with its weapon, but is easily deflected away by Torinn's plate armor.

Sureiya moves, sets his quarry, and attacks with twin strike, hitting lil' murderer 2 for 35 damage.
Ghoulish gaoler 2 takes ongoing 5 damage, then misses Torinn with its cleaver. It saves against ongoing damage and being restrained.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-10) 53/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-12/13) 17/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-11) 68/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, grabbed by the roper, resist 5 all
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Q-10) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-4) -21 HP, cursed, slowed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -99 HP (Bloodied), grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10, sanctioned, slowed
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -29 HP, ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioned (save ends both), slowed
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -39 HP, cursed, sanctioned

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74833 edit
>>74823

"They appear to be the friendliest tentacles in the room, Miss Bernkastel."

As if to emphasize his point, one of the octoyeti appendages whips out, wrapping around the encroaching gaoler. Myn utilizes an exceptional quantity of magic to augment this crushing grip as he advances.


No action: Sustain tentacles with cloak power.
Roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481202/
Free action: Use 1 gloves of eldritch admixture charge (fire).
Move action: Move to O-10.
Minor action: Curse Gaoler 1.
Standard action: Use tentacle 2's secondary power against Gaoler 1.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481175/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481187/


Last edited at 14/04/24(Thu)21:53:33
>> No. 74834 edit
File 139840469347.png - (1.14MB , 1010x670 , cavernX.png )
74834
The warlock continues to be veiled in shadow as he moves around the battlefield, placing his curse on yet another enemy and then commanding the unoccupied tentacle to wrap its grasp around one of the gaoler's bulky arms as it attempts to surge forward, and flames briefly burn it as the tentacle's grasp crushes the undead's muscles.

Myn moves and places his curse on gaoler 1. Myn uses the other tentacle's attack against gaoler 1, which hits for 38 damage (a mix of cold, psychic, and fire), and the tentacle grabs the gaoler.
Myn sustains his tentacles but none appear or disappear.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-10) 53/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-12/13) 17/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-11) 68/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, grabbed by the roper, resist 5 all
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Q-10) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-4) -21 HP, cursed, slowed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -99 HP (Bloodied), grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10, sanctioned, slowed, Sureiya's Quarry
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -67 HP, ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioned (save ends both), slowed, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -39 HP, cursed, sanctioned

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74835 edit
Torinn weaves around the murderer and orders Rutger to jump. The battle tiger rears back and pounces on the tentacle holding Bernkastel, but isn't able to sink its fangs into it. It takes a sword slash to disconnect the appendage holding his ally.

"You okay?"

Shift to M-N/11-12
Battle pounce at L-M/9-10, miss roper tentacle : http://orokos.com/roll/186080 (17)
AP : Valiant strike against roper tentacle : http://orokos.com/roll/186082 (29)

>> No. 74836 edit
File 139844492463.png - (1.15MB , 1010x670 , cavernY.png )
74836
Torinn bounds over to assist the shaman, and though he commands his cat to attack first, Rutger can't seem to shake the tentacle free, and so the paladin is forced to intervene with a slice of his blade, which elicits a shriek from the distant roper, and the strand-like tentacle whips away and withdraws. Meanwhile, the zombie still grasped by Myn's summoned tentacle seizes up, seemingly frozen by the conjuration's biting cold.

Torinn uses battle pounce, but Rutger misses the tentacle. He then uses an action point and valiant strike, which hits the tentacle, breaking the grab.
Lil' murderer 2 takes 5 cold damage from the tentacle and dies.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-10) 53/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-9/10) 17/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-11) 68/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-8) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, resist 5 all
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Q-10) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (J-4) -21 HP, cursed, slowed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -67 HP, ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioned (save ends both), slowed, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -39 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74838 edit
File 130420653277.png - (54.37KB , 517x300 , peek.png )
74838
>>74833
"Appearances can be deceiving," retorts the shaman.

>>74835
"Yes, thank you."

As the shaman moves away from the fray, she finally calls the other spirit into the fray, and conjures an iron archon to help Torinn land a blow.

Move action: P-11, spirit companion to K-10.
Minor action: Spirit of Athas to K-14.
Standard action: Direct the Strike, Torinn vs. Gaoler 1. +1 item bonus to attack.


Last edited at 14/04/25(Fri)18:34:20
>> No. 74839 edit
>>74838
Torinn can't seem to cut the fat.

miss : http://orokos.com/roll/186316
>> No. 74841 edit
File 139848059283.png - (1.15MB , 1010x670 , cavernZ.png )
74841
The shaman retreats a bit as her spirit companion advances forward into the fray, and she calls her missing spirit back as well. She then attempts to direct Torinn's strike with the summoning of an iron archon, but it doesn't go well, as the dragonborn reacts much too slowly and the swing goes wild, missing the gaoler completely. As another strand-like tentacle from the roper whips forward to grab Sureiya, the half-orc quickly spins around and hurls his blade in reprisal, scoring a direct hit above the roper's eye. This is ineffective in blocking the attack, however, and the tentacles wrap themselves around Sureiya's body. The lil' murderer that still remains slinks behind the tentacles and the gaoler, finding a clear shot to hurl one if its daggers at the pinned half-orc, and though Torinn's quickly-projected holy shield is able to rejuvenate him slightly, the half-orc still ends up with a shallow cut on his forearm.

Sid springs forward into the fray, moving close to both Torinn and Sureiya, then mumbles something that sounds like "Systems optimal," before firing an enchanted bolt directly at the tentacle grasping the ranger. As it hits, the tentacle whips back and releases its victim while the bolt explodes into a magical enchantment that coats the weapons of both Torinn and Sureiya, while also infusing itself into Rutger's claws and teeth. As the tentacle continues to squeeze the hulking gaoler and thunder echos in its ears, a black sludge begins to leak from its mouth, and Myn feels energized by his pact boon. It makes a feeble swing in Torinn's direction, which the dragonborn efficiently parries, and its struggles against the icy grip of the tentacle prove fruitless.

Bernkastel moves and moves her spirit companion. She summons her elemental spirit, then uses direct the strike, but Torinn's melee basic attack misses.
Impaling roper uses tentacle, grabbing Sureiya and dealing 12 damage. Sureiya interrupts with disruptive strike, hitting for 19 damage but the tentacle still hits. http://orokos.com/roll/186337
Lil' murderer 1 moves, then throws a dagger at Sureiya and hits for 17 damage. Torinn uses shield of devotion, which allows Sureiya to regain 4 hit points, and Torinn gains a +2 power bonus to attack rolls against lil murderer 1.
Sid moves. Sid uses magic weapon against the tentacle in Sureiya's space, hitting and breaking the grab. Torinn, Rutger, and Sureiya gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and +4 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of Sid's next turn. http://orokos.com/roll/186344
Ghoulish gaoler 1 takes 5 cold damage and is slowed, and also takes ongoing 5 thunder damage. This bloodies the gaoler and Myn's aura increases by 1. It misses Torinn with its cleaver. It fails its save against being grabbed and Torinn's thunder damage, taking an additional 5 cold damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-10) 53/65, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-9/10) 17/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage, +2 power to next attack against murderer 1
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-11) 43/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-11) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (M-11) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (H-6) -21 HP, cursed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -82 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioned (save ends both), slowed, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -39 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74842 edit
The rangers focuses on the wounded gaoler throwing his magic sword from a safe distance. Then he moves next to the other one, attempting to block him.
Quarry Gaoler 1
Ranged twin strike! (one hit for 27 damage)
Move to L-14
http://orokos.com/roll/186356


Last edited at 14/04/25(Fri)20:23:19
>> No. 74843 edit
File 139848895860.png - (1.09MB , 1010x670 , cavernZA.png )
74843
The battle continues to tilt more decisively in the adventurer's favor as the ranger hurls his blade in the direction of the hulking abomination twice, and scoring a single hit that leaves it reeling and looking like there's not much left holding it together--like its insides are just going to start spilling out at any moment.

Sureiya moves to engage the unwounded gaoler, though it is first to strike, lunging at the half-orc with its gigantic cleaver. The ranger proves too agile, however, and the swing only cleaves into the cavern floor.

Sureiya sets his quarry, and then uses a ranged twin strike, missing once and hitting once for 27 damage. He then moves.
Ghoulish gaoler 2 misses Sureiya with its cleaver.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (O-10) 53/65, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-9/10) 17/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage, +2 power to next attack against murderer 1
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 43/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-11) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (M-11) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -19 HP (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (H-6) -21 HP, cursed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -109 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioned (save ends both), slowed, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7, Sureiya's Quarry
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -39 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74844 edit
Myn is finally content within his walls of meatshield. He nonetheless heroically sallies forth into danger in a selfless effort to mock the feeble minds of his enemies.

Move action: Move to K-6.
Standard action: Cast All the Sand, All the Stars centered at I-7.
Attack rolls:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4482184/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4482185/
(Murderer takes 24, Gaoler takes 14)

Minor action: Sustain tentacles.
Roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4482183/

>> No. 74845 edit
File 13984938113.png - (1.09MB , 1010x670 , cavernZB.png )
74845
Now confident enough to enter the fray, Myn strides forward and unleashes a terrifying vision of eternity upon the foes gathered before him. His imp shivers a bit, being so near the icy tentacle, though it doesn't seem to bother the warlock himself at all as his foes writhe in mental anguish.

Myn moves, then uses all the sand, all the stars hitting lil' murderer 1 for 24 psychic damage and ghoulish gaoler 1 for 14 psychic damage. Both are dazed until the end of his next turn. Myn sustains his tentacles and nothing happens.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): 23
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): 15
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-6) 53/65, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-9/10) 17/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage, +2 power to next attack against murderer 1
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 43/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-11) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (M-11) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -19 HP (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (H-6) -45 HP, cursed, dazed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -123 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 thunder damage and sanctioned (save ends both), slowed, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7, Sureiya's Quarry, dazed
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -39 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
>> No. 74846 edit
Torinn puts the gaoler out of its misery, giving Rutger a hefty boost to its durability. Then he orders the tiger to circle around the stone column and sits himself next to the roper.

Strike of Hope vs. Gaoler 1 : http://orokos.com/roll/186416 (36, 21) give 10 THPs to Rutger
Move to F-G/14-15

>> No. 74847 edit
File 139854173799.png - (1.19MB , 1010x670 , cavernZC.png )
74847
When Torinn strikes down the gaoler with his shining blade, his mount takes a deep breath and straightens itself, just in time for the gaoler's stomach to burst open and spread a thick, green-black sludge over the cavern floor. It doesn't look traversing this goop on foot would be very easy or wise.

Torinn's strike of hope hits the gaoler for 21 radiant damage, killing it and granting Rutger 10 temporary hit points.
When the ghoulish gaoler dies, it triggers sludge-filled, bursting into a zone of sludge that is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters the zone or begins its turn there takes 5 poison damage and is slowed until it leaves the zone.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-6) 53/65, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-9/10) 17/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage, +2 power to next attack against murderer 1
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 43/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-11) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (M-11) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -19 HP (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (H-6) -45 HP, cursed, dazed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), grabbed by the tentacle at J-7, Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -39 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
The zones of sludge are difficult terrain. If you enter or begin your turn within the zone, you take 5 poison damage and are slowed until you leave the zone.
>> No. 74848 edit
jump to G-H/10-11 : http://orokos.com/roll/186544 (29)
>> No. 74849 edit
File 139856369778.png - (1.18MB , 1010x670 , cavernZD.png )
74849
Torinn and his big cat leap over the pool of sludge.

Rutger jumps over the sludge.

Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-6) 53/65, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-10/11) 17/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage, +2 power to next attack against murderer 1
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 43/70 HP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (P-11) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (M-11) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (K-10)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -19 HP (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (H-6) -45 HP, cursed, dazed
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), grabbed by the tentacle at J-7, Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -39 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
The zones of sludge are difficult terrain. If you enter or begin your turn within the zone, you take 5 poison damage and are slowed until you leave the zone.
>> No. 74850 edit
We could really use a more consistent light source, here.

Free action: Stow Chieftain's Short Spear.
Free action: Draw Sunrod.
Free action: Activate Sunrod.
Move action: N-9, and SC next to Myn.
Standard action: Spirit Infusion, Myn vs. maybe the gaoler because it's easier to hit. Spirit's Step lets him shift a square (probably down).
Minor action: Call SC to I-10, 4 THP to Torinn.


Last edited at 14/04/26(Sat)19:02:58
>> No. 74851 edit
Myn attempts to step around the disgusting puddle as he makes his attack.


Eldritch blast against Murderer 1.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4483071/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4483072/
(actually 26)
Shift to L-6.


Last edited at 14/04/26(Sat)19:49:14
>> No. 74853 edit
File 139856857656.png - (1.30MB , 1010x670 , cavernZE.png )
74853
The shaman grips a sunrod firmly after cracking it against the ground, shining an illuminating light throughout the cavern. The gaol to the northwest remains eerily still throughout all this. The shaman's companion drifts across the battlefield before infusing itself into the warlock, and Myn uses the burst of energy to direct an attack at the lil' murderer one, burning a hole clear through the zombie's torso. This only slightly slows it down however, and even as the roper's tentacles wrap themselves around Rutger, the lil' murderer hurls a dagger at Myn before charging with another in its grip. However, the warlock's shadowy distortion and magic armor prove too difficult for the goblin zombie to outwit, and none of its attacks find their mark.

Sid graps his crossbow tightly and seems to fiddle with it as he loads another bolt, drifting over towards Myn, and then suddenly firing it directly in the lil' murderer's face, the magical burst from the bolt infusing itself into Myn's implements and increasing their power.

Bernkastel stows her weapon and draws a sunrod, then moves and her spirit companion moves. Bernkastel uses spirit infusion on Myn, and Myn's eldritch blast hits lil' murderer 1 for 26 damage, bloodying it. Myn elects to keep the curse in place.
Impaling roper uses tentacle against Rutger, hitting for 9 damage (reduced to 4) and Rutger is grabbed by the roper.
Lil' murderer 1 uses killing spree, missing Myn with its thrown dagger and then charging with its melee dagger and also missing because of the penalty from concealment.
Sid moves. Sid uses magic weapon against lil' murderer 1, hitting for 11 damage. Myn gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and +4 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of Sid's next turn.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-6) 53/65, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, fails next save, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 61/76 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-10/11) 14/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 43/70 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (N-9) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (M-7) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-10)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -19 HP (H/I-18/19)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (K-5) -82 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed (Myn)
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (J/K-15/16) -39 HP, cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
The zones of sludge are difficult terrain. If you enter or begin your turn within the zone, you take 5 poison damage and are slowed until you leave the zone.
>> No. 74854 edit
"Oh, thank you" Sureiya says, after spending half a second without an illumination source.
"That thing probably can see well in the darkness."
The ranger focuses on the abomination in front of him and finds a soft spot in his armor-like skin. Then he jumps at him, and makes two clean slashes.


Quarry the Gaoler
Twin strike! (one hit for 13 damage and a critical hit for 30 damage
http://orokos.com/roll/186602
http://orokos.com/roll/186601

>> No. 74855 edit
File 139857916164.png - (1.30MB , 1010x670 , cavernZF.png )
74855
Sureiya's cleaving blades slice open some of the stitches on the gaoler's gut, spilling some of the sludge contained within on the ground. Gurgling, it cleaves a nasty-looking gouge in Sureiya's shoulder with its massive cleaver, then quickly pulls it back and gazes at the half-orc menacingly, preparing for another blow. Sureiya's retaliation nearly strikes the goal in the leg, but it stumbles back just in time to avoid his sword.

If Torinn finishes his move then the roper attacks him instead.
Sureiya uses twin strike, hitting once and critting once for 13 and 30 damage.
Ghoulish gaoler 2 hits Sureiya with its cleaver for 23 damage. Sureiya's backlash tattoo activates but he misses with his melee basic attack. http://orokos.com/roll/186607 The gaoler then shifts back a bit. Sureiya gains 5 temporary hit points from half-orc resilience.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (K-6) 53/65, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, fails next save, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/76 HP + 4 THP, grabbed by impaling roper
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-14/15) 18/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 20/70 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (N-9) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (M-7) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-10)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -19 HP (G/H-16/17)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (K-5) -82 HP (Bloodied), dazed, cursed (Myn)
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (I/J-16/17) -82 HP (Bloodied), cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
The zones of sludge are difficult terrain. If you enter or begin your turn within the zone, you take 5 poison damage and are slowed until you leave the zone.
>> No. 74856 edit
With a snap of his fingers, the westernmost tentacle crushes the diminutive zombie into a frozen lump. Myn circles the gooey puddle to stand beside the shaman, enjoying a newly-secure position.

"As you can see, very friendly."

Move action: Move to M-9.
Minor action: Sustain tentacles.
Roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4483251/
Standard action: Tentacle 1 attack Murderer 1.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4483253/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4483255/

>> No. 74857 edit
>>74855
"Oh no you don't."

Torinn has Rutger rear up, pulling at the tentacles binding him until they snap. They move away from the roper and settle between it and the gaoler. Torinn draws on his faith to empower him while he is surrounded, and strikes the gaoler deeply.

Athletics check to escape grab : http://orokos.com/roll/186671 (29) and shift to G-H/14-15
Valiant strike vs. gaoler : http://orokos.com/roll/186673 (30, 20)
Minor action second wind for Sureiya

>> No. 74858 edit
File 139862984797.png - (1.30MB , 1010x670 , cavernZG.png )
74858
Myn changes his position, and as he does so the tentacle formerly grasping the gaoler goes limp briefly before suddenly striking out at the lil' murderer, catching it completely by surprise and enveloping it in its cold grip. The goblin zombie is completely overwhelmed by the cold, and ice forms over its skin as its eyes lose their luster and its form goes limp. The dark energy that empowered this undead is clearly gone from its husk.

Torinn breaks the grasp of the roper, shifting his position towards the ghoulish gaoler as he does so, and raises his blade against the hulking abomination. A clear slide that splits open the undead's skull burns its sludge-filled inside with holy radiance, though it still seems to be barely holding itself together.

Myn moves and sustains his tentacles.
Myn uses the tentacle attack, hitting lil' murderer 1 for 35 cold damage and killing it. This increases his darkspiral aura.
Torinn escapes the tentacle's grab, shifting 1 square. He then uses valiant strike, hitting the gaoler for 20 radiant damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): 16
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-9) 53/65, darkspiral aura 4, shadow walk, fails next save, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/76 HP + 4 THP, grabbed by impaling roper
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-14/15) 18/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 20/70 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (N-9) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (M-7) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-10)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -19 HP (G/H-16/17)
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (K-5) -117 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (I/J-16/17) -102 HP (Bloodied), cursed

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
The zones of sludge are difficult terrain. If you enter or begin your turn within the zone, you take 5 poison damage and are slowed until you leave the zone.
>> No. 74859 edit
"Almost there."

Move action: to M-10, SC to M-8.
Standard action: Spirit Infusion for Myn. He or Sid can shift a square.
Minor action: SC to I-15, elevation 2. Torinn or Rutger (whoever doesn't have THP) gets 4 THP. (Myn should maybe try to stay within 5 or 6 squares of this spirit.)


Last edited at 14/04/27(Sun)15:19:40
>> No. 74860 edit
File 139864575630.png - (1.02MB , 1010x670 , cavernZH.png )
74860
The shaman again changes positions, with her spirit drifting towards Myn and again infusing him with enough energy for another eldritch bolt, which strikes the gaoler solidly and blows one of its arms off. Even as the limp limb falls to the ground, the spirit reappears, reinvigorating Rutger slightly. The roper decides to leave at this point, and as it skitters up the wall, Torinn slices into its retreating form with his blade. This only seems to cause it to move even faster.

Sid now seems confident in the team's victory, and moves close enough to Sureiya to enchant his blades with another bolt that strikes true, finishing off the gaoler. It collapses and then explodes into a pool of sludge, just as the last one did.

Bernkastel moves and moves her spirit, then uses spirit infusion on Myn. His eldritch blast hits for 34 damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4484152/ Sid shifts 1 square.
Bernkastel resummons her spirit and grants Rutger 4 temporary hit points.
The roper moves, provoking an OA from Torinn, which hits for 19 damage. It then runs. Both movements involve spider climbing upwards.
Sid moves, then uses magic weapon, which hits ghoulish gaoler 2 for 11 damage and kills it. http://orokos.com/roll/186855 Sureiya gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and +4 bonus to damage rolls until the end of Sid's next turn. Its sludge-filled creates a zone similar to the other one.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 15-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-9) 53/65, darkspiral aura 5, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/76 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (G/H-14/15) 18/38 HP (Bloodied) + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 20/70 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-10) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-13) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-15, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)
Icy Tentacles (Myn): J-7, J-10

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -28 HP (E/F-22/23, Elevation 6), granting combat advantage and -5 to attacks
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (K-5) -117 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (I/J-16/17) -147 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEAD

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
Creatures other than Myn that begin their turns adjacent to icy tentacles take 5 cold damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn.
The zones of sludge are difficult terrain. If you enter or begin your turn within the zone, you take 5 poison damage and are slowed until you leave the zone.
>> No. 74861 edit
Primordial "Halt now and your life might be spared!"
Delay after Bernkastel.

Last edited at 14/04/27(Sun)21:45:31
>> No. 74862 edit
File 139806830691.png - (152.77KB , 256x256 , roper.png )
74862
All Sureiya gets in return is something akin to a panicked sneer. It doesn't look like it's going to stop.
>> No. 74863 edit
The tension for the most part diffused, Myn dismisses his tentacle friends. Although he takes a halfhearted shot at the fleeing creature, it hardly comes close to hitting.

Move action: Move to L-15.
Minor action: Curse Roper 2.
Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Roper 2.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4484427/

>> No. 74864 edit
Torinn leaps over the sludge and pursues the roper up the wall.

Jump to G-H/19-20 : http://orokos.com/roll/187213 (28)
Climb wall at F-G/20-21 : http://orokos.com/roll/187218 (33)
Charge roper at F-G/20-21 elevation 5 : http://orokos.com/roll/187222 (21, 15)

>> No. 74865 edit
File 139872939263.png - (1.07MB , 1010x670 , cavernZI.png )
74865
The adventurers pursue the runaway roper, but neither the warlock nor the climbing paladin can seem to land a solid hit on its fleeing form.

Myn's icy tentacles vanish into clouds of cold mist around this point.

Myn moves and places his curse on the roper. His darkworm feast misses.
Torinn's tiger jumps over the sludge, and he then charges the roper but misses with a melee basic attack.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Sureiya (Anonkun): 23-1
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-15) 53/65, darkspiral aura 5, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/76 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-20/21, Elevation 5) 17/38 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (L-14) 20/70 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-10) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-13) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-15, Elevation 2)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -28 HP (E/F-22/23, Elevation 6), granting combat advantage and -5 to attacks
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (K-5) -117 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (I/J-16/17) -147 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEAD

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
The zones of sludge are difficult terrain. If you enter or begin your turn within the zone, you take 5 poison damage and are slowed until you leave the zone.
>> No. 74866 edit
"We're not letting it get away, are we?"

Minor action: Dismiss SC
Minor action: Call SC somewhere around the roper
Standard action: Emerald Lure to try and pull roper into F/G-21/22, elevation 7. something else happened http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4485163/


Last edited at 14/04/28(Mon)21:33:06
>> No. 74867 edit
"It refused to stop!"
Sureiya walks around the toxic substance on the ground and throws his magic blade against it.
Move to I-20
Quarry the Roper
Ranged twin strike! (attack penalty, but negated with CA) Two hits for 19 and 14 damage.
http://orokos.com/roll/187345

>> No. 74868 edit
File 139874661145.png - (1.08MB , 1010x670 , cavernZJ.png )
74868
The shaman's spiritual attack confuses the roper's sense of direction long enough for it to slide back down the surface of the wall slightly, which incites the territorial Rutger to take an opportunistic swipe.

Meanwhile, Sureiya stalks forward and hurls his magic blade at the roper, striking it solidly and leaving it looking quite badly wounded, with black blood dripping onto the ground below it.

Bernkastel dismisses and then resummons her spirit companion.
Bernkastel uses emerald lure, which hits for 10 psychic damage and pulls it down 1 square.
Sureiya moves then uses ranged twin strike after setting his quarry, hitting twice for a total of 33 damage.


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Sureiya (Anonkun): 23-1
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-15) 53/65, darkspiral aura 5, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/76 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-20/21, Elevation 5) 17/38 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-20) 20/70 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-10) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-13) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -71 HP (E/F-22/23, Elevation 5), granting combat advantage and -5 to attacks
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (K-5) -117 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (I/J-16/17) -147 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEAD

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
The zones of sludge are difficult terrain. If you enter or begin your turn within the zone, you take 5 poison damage and are slowed until you leave the zone.
>> No. 74870 edit
Thing what misses or whatever : http://orokos.com/roll/187354
>> No. 74871 edit
File 139874661145.png - (1.08MB , 1010x670 , cavernZJ.png )
74871
The roper again attempts to escape.

The impaling roper moves, provoking an opportunity attack from Rutger or Torinn.
>> No. 74872 edit
File 139875515271.png - (0.99MB , 1010x670 , cavernZK.png )
74872
Torinn just can't seem to find the mark here, and the roper slips away. Sid manages to leap forward and plug it with his crossbow, infusing Myn's implements with extra magic energy, but it doesn't seem to be quite enough to stop the insidious creature.

Torinn misses with his opportunity attack. http://orokos.com/roll/187397
The roper moves and then runs away.
Sid moves. Sid uses magic weapon, and hits because I forgot CA, dealing 10 damage and buffing Myn. http://orokos.com/roll/187401


Initiative
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Sureiya (Anonkun): 23-1
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 16

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-15) 53/65, darkspiral aura 5, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/76 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-20/21, Elevation 5) 17/38 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-20) 20/70 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-10) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-16) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -81 HP (K/L-24/25, Elevation 6), granting combat advantage and -5 to attacks
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (K-5) -117 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (I/J-16/17) -147 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEAD

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
Knowledge of the lil' muderers and ghoulish gaolers is religion.
If you're not grabbed by the roper, you can attack the roper tentacles by attacking the square a creature grabbed by the roper is occupying.
The zones of sludge are difficult terrain. If you enter or begin your turn within the zone, you take 5 poison damage and are slowed until you leave the zone.
>> No. 74873 edit
>>74872

Myn tosses another blast of magic at the creature, but is distracted by his own yawn mid-motion.

Move action: Move to L-18.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Roper 2.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4485447/ (21)
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4485448/ (33)

>> No. 74874 edit
>>74873
Not willing to give the foul creature any quarter, Torinn gives pursuit and finally lands a slashing attack against it.

Jump to I-J/23-24, elevation 5 : http://orokos.com/roll/187518 (40), athletics to climb : http://orokos.com/roll/187519 (27)
Valiant strike vs. roper : http://orokos.com/roll/187520 (25, 14)

>> No. 74875 edit
File 139879628579.png - (0.99MB , 1010x670 , cavernZL.png )
74875
Myn can't seem to hit the maddeningly evasive roper, but Torinn's mount lunges in pursuit and the paladin finally manages to slide into the creature. It gurgles, then falls off the wall, splattering against the ground with a wet thud.

It seems the sludge pools are gradually dispersing and will probably lose their potency in a few minutes. There is also the matter of the gaol to the northwest, which remains still. Sid nervously puts away his crossbow and looks around the room, saying, "Is it over...? It appears to be over...!"

Myn misses, but Torinn manages to kill the roper.

Final Stats

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-18) 53/65, darkspiral aura 5, shadow walk, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/76 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-24/25, Elevation 5) 17/38 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-20) 20/70 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, +1 power to attacks and +4 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-10) 36/63 HP + 13 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-16) 55/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (K-14)

Enemies
Impaling Roper 1 (Enemy): (P/Q-8/9) -91 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Impaling Roper 2 (Enemy): -95 HP (K/L-23/24) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 1 (Enemy): (K-5) -117 HP (Bloodied), dazed DEAD, grabbed by the tentacle at J-7
Lil' Murderer 2 (Enemy): (K-11) -104 HP (Bloodied), slowed DEAD, grabbed (save ends) by tentacle at J-10
Lil' Murderer 3 (Enemy): (I-10) -102 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Lil' Murderer 4 (Enemy): (O-13), -104 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 1 (Enemy): (J/K-8/9) -144 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Ghoulish Gaoler 2 (Enemy): (I/J-16/17) -147 HP (Bloodied), cursed DEAD

Objects
Granite Gaol 3 (Object): (B/C-4/5)

Notes
If you wish to take a short rest at this point, I'll need details. Otherwise, you may feel free to investigate the gaol or do other things.
>> No. 74876 edit
"...There's another gaol that didn't open during the fight. Torinn, would you light our way?"
>> No. 74877 edit
>>74876
Torinn swings the sword to get the flecks of grime off of it, then leads the party towards the other gaol.

Move to D-E/11-12

Last edited at 14/04/29(Tue)19:57:42
>> No. 74878 edit
File 139883740653.png - (1.03MB , 1010x670 , cavernZM.png )
74878
The group gathers around the granite gaol. Sid comments, "It is strange that this one didn't burst, don't you think? I wonder what's inside!"
>> No. 74879 edit
"It's really weird. I wonder if it is a trap."
>> No. 74880 edit
Prod the gaol
>> No. 74881 edit
File 139905196071.png - (1.04MB , 1010x670 , cavernZN.png )
74881
When Torinn begins to prod at the gaol, it suddenly and unexpectedly crumbles into tiny shards. This bursting does not seem to harm Torinn, nor the smaller creature that was trapped within the gaol, which is now revealed to you.

It appears to be a goblin, dressed in red-tinged leathers, including a vest, breeches, and cap. The goblin appears male and is not armed, and seems to be in a daze as it regains its senses, coming out of the gaol. "Wha... huh?" he stammers, then faces Torinn. He eyes go wide with apparent recognition, and he looks around, meeting the eyes of the shaman, Myn, and Sureiya in succession, then throws up his hands in a gesture of surrender and calls out loudly, "H-hey! I-I gots no interest in fightin' now, okay?! Please don't kill me!"

It's about this time that you recognize this goblin as well--he is none other than the former underboss Magplok, a long way from Loudwater, and former owner of the armor that Torinn wears.
>> No. 74882 edit
>>74881
Myn finds it unpleasant that the creature remained in his memory over such a duration.

"A rather strange coincidence. I believe an explanation for your presence is in order."
>> No. 74883 edit
File 139907187180.png - (24.69KB , 128x128 , magplok.png )
74883
"I-it's been a while since Loudwater, okay?" Magplok stammers, falling on his rear into a sitting position. "I gots some new boys... well, had 'em, anyways. We was down heres treasure-huntin', since Many-Arrows is mostly goblin-friendly, but some big zombies jumped us and trapped me in that stone block," he nods towards the rubble, then eyes the corpse of one of the nearby goblin zombies. "I reckon my boys're dead now."
>> No. 74884 edit
>>74883
Oh. Him.
"What made you think there'd be treasure here of all places?"
>> No. 74885 edit
>>74883
"I see? That's all well and good, but why were you left alive?" asks the shaman, waving her hand to get rid of the goblin stench.

Standard action: Prestidigitation to clean etc.
>> No. 74887 edit
"Hell, I don't know that. I just came here, heard theres was a war goings on, thought I could scavenge something," the goblin says hesitantly, picking himself up off the ground. "Maybe they kepts me alive to question me since I was the leader, or maybe hes only wanted four zombies. Maybe I was gonna be killed but whoevers was doing it was interrupted. I sure as hells dunno!"
>> No. 74888 edit
>>74887
"The zombies trapped you by themselves? How long have you been here?"

Insight 21 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4489192/

Last edited at 14/05/02(Fri)21:25:42
>> No. 74889 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74889
"To be honest, it's kind of hard to gets a sense of time down here, ya'know?" Magplok stammers in response. "Plus, I was unconscious the whole time Is was trapped in that rock. Could've been weeks for all I know!"

Bernkastel(Insight): As far as you can tell, he was initially extremely frightened and confused, and is still more than a bit, though he's regained a bit of his composure. He's still probably too scared of you to do much straight-up lying.
>> No. 74890 edit
>>74889
The shaman looks to the arcanists. "Is that part of the spell?"

heal 31 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4489218/

Last edited at 14/05/02(Fri)22:01:50
>> No. 74891 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74891
"He WOULD be completely unaware of his surroundings in the gaol, yes, I'd imagine!" Sid confirms.

Bernkastel: (Heal) You believe that these corpses can't have been dead for more than a couple of days. Three at most, probably closer to two.
>> No. 74892 edit
>>74891
"I meant more the going without sustenance part, but those goblin zombies are relatively fresh anyway--maybe a couple days old."

The shaman faces Magplok again.

"Still, that's a bit weird, since you were left alone for all that time. Didn't you see who cast the spell?"
>> No. 74893 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74893
"I suspect the body's metabolic processes are slowed or even stopped during the stasis," Sid muses.

Magplok looks a bit taken aback by the shaman's question, and then thoughtful for a moment before he replies, "I think... I think they knocked mes out, one of those big brutes. I don't know how I ended up in tha rock. It's a bit hazy, ya'know."
>> No. 74894 edit
>>74893
"Didn't you say the zombies trapped you? That's already weird on its own, but if you were unconscious when it happened, how did you know you were ever trapped? We didn't really mention it until you were already free, did we?"
>> No. 74895 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74895
Magplok gestures to the shards of rock around him and says in a somewhat exasperated tone, "I don't know of the zombies did it, or if they just knocked me out ands someone else dids it. But I think I can tell what happened, ya'know. I felts the rock crumbling around me just a minute ago, I was in that rock, and I'm not exactly in the same place where they knocked mes out. Somethin' happened while I was out, I can tell."
>> No. 74897 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
74897
>>74895
Maybe we put those on you?

The shaman nods.
"Well, okay. I don't know where you got the war idea, but since you came here, does that mean you knew something about this area?"

Meanwhile, the two spirits gesture to Myn and Torinn, enlisting their aid in questioning.
>> No. 74898 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74898
Magplok looks around hesitantly, then replies, "Hells, I don't evens know where we are now."
>> No. 74899 edit
"You, I remember you barely escaped that time" the ranger mumbles.
"Well, you were a bandit back then, so I don't think we can let you leave just like this."
>> No. 74900 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74900
Magplok looks paniced, then raises his hands and says, "H-hey, thats was months ago! Th-the group dissolved afters that, a-and I've been legits since then!"

Bernkastel: (Insight) Based on your earlier check, you believe he is telling the truth, at least technically.
>> No. 74901 edit
Myn briefly considers suggesting to dig a pit and place him in it, but remembers that the group has no sense for imprisonment asthetic.

"I doubt we have time to properly deal with him, considering Miss Elayne's situation. It would be quickest to simply release him."
>> No. 74902 edit
>>74898
Really? "Where were you before?"
>> No. 74903 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74903
"Different cavern. There was an underground pool, ands some tunnels. Think the dwarves dug em all thes way to the surface," Magplok confirms. "But by the looks of its they hadn'ts used that areas in a long time."
>> No. 74904 edit
File 130179153493.png - (84.90KB , 178x390 , 01.png )
74904
The shaman looks a bit surprised, and asks the party, but also so the goblin can hear, "He couldn't mean the cave near the troll hills?"

Last edited at 14/05/04(Sun)01:15:30
>> No. 74905 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74905
"Troll Hills?" the goblin scratches the back of his head, then adds, "Nah, that's a long ways away. We're in thes Spine of the World, right?"
>> No. 74906 edit
>>74905
I guess not *everything* we do is relevant to everything else. Back to the goblin. "That's actually closer to where we met, you know. But yes, Spine of the World."

Eventually, the shaman steps back, finished with the goblin.

Battle standard place, etc

Last edited at 14/05/04(Sun)18:02:49
>> No. 74907 edit
Torinn makes a dismissive, shooing gesture at the goblin before tending to his wounds.

Spend healing surge, heal to full
If not enough people spend surges to heal up Rutger, spend surge to heal up Rutger

>> No. 74910 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74910
Magplok takes this as an invitation to scramble away into the nearest tunnel, which is the one immediately north. The sounds of him scrambling through the tunnel grow distant as he makes his "escape," apparently eager to put some distance between the party and himself.

Meanwhile, the shaman plants the battle standard as the group takes a brief moment to recover from the grueling battle. Sid, meanwhile, takes some spare palm-sized canisters from his belt and shakes them briefly; the sound the canisters emit suggest that they contain liquid. Afterwards, he begins to chant a spell that imparts a bit of his own vital energy into them.

Bernkastel plants a battle standard.
Sid spends two healing surges to recharge his healing infusions.
Torinn spends one healing surge to regain that many hit points.
Myn spends no surges.
From 3 surges spent, everyone in the party regains 9 hit points.


Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 62/65, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 76/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): 26/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): 29/70 HP (Bloodied)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): 45/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-16) 64/71 HP
>> No. 74911 edit
"That guy better don't cause us trouble later."
Sureiya places his swords inside of their sheaths and takes a break, he's badly wounded.
Spend 2 healing surges, 4 surges remaining.
>> No. 74912 edit
Spend one surge, assuming we don't have time to double rest.
>> No. 74914 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74914
With the group's breather concluded, everyone looks rested and refreshed. The shaman stows away the battle standard, and it would appear you're good to go.

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 65/65, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 76/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): 35/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): 70/70 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): 71/71 HP

Surges Spent (Encounter and Short Rest)
Torinn: 2
Myn: 0
Sid: 2
Sureiya: 3
Bernkastel: 1
>> No. 74915 edit
"I hate how this thing looks" says the ranger as he places the miner's helmet on his head, "but a single sunrod doesn't cut it."
Then he lids another one and sets it on the helmet.

"Let's move."

Last edited at 14/05/05(Mon)22:19:32
>> No. 74917 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74917
>>74916
Continued~
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason