[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 139935448762.jpg - (115.84KB , 900x540 , original.jpg )
74916 No. 74916 edit
The group begins moving down the eastern tunnel, which bends to the south before gradually sloping downwards. The tunnel widens, then narrows, then after about a hundred and a dozen feet opens into an expansive cavern. Immediately in front of you is a ten-foot drop onto a lower level, and to the south are several passages of varying size and shape--six in total, lining the entire southern end of the cavern.

Sid fiddles with his device, then shakes his head, saying, "Well, what this thing is telling me is we need to keep going down. Which of those caverns leads downward?"

As you move to the edge of the drop, below you is another one of the orange, glowing ritual circles that you saw before. It's an exact match, as far as you can tell, though there are no suspicious stone formations in this room that you can see--just some stalagmites and stalactites that are both too thin to conceal much. The room cavern appears small enough for your light sources to light every nook and cranny from the edge of the drop.

Trying to find the path leading downward would be dungeoneering.
You can also get a better look around with perception.

Expand all images
>> No. 74918 edit
"Well, it's kind of hard to tell, let me get closer."
The ranger approaches a little to the entrance of the caverns, and tries to discern which one leads downstairs, however his inspection of the whole area distracts him a little so.
Dungeoneering and perception: (22, 32) http://orokos.com/roll/189784

Last edited at 14/05/05(Mon)23:09:39
>> No. 74919 edit
Another one? It can't be another combat trial.

Dungeoneering 28, Perception 30
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4492427/

>> No. 74920 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74920
Dungeoneering: From his current vantage point on the ledge, Sureiya can't discern much about the tunnels, but by Bernkastel's reckoning, the second tunnel from the west and the far east tunnel both lead downward to varying degrees. A closer inspection might reveal more about them, though you'll need to get closer, obviously.

Perception: Aside from the glowing circle and the tunnels, the room appears more or less unremarkable from where you stand. There is some moss here and there, a spiderweb bridging two stalactites, and no light sources other than Sureiya's miner's helmet sunrod and Torinn's glowing sword. The room is about 80 feet in diameter and is roughly circular, though the ceiling alternates height from about 30 feet high to 50 feet high. The ground is rough stone, though there's no sign that any creatures have been here recently.
>> No. 74921 edit
I'll hammer in a Climber's Kit piton near the edge, and tie some rope to it. For the possible return trip.

Will follow Sureiya if nothing happens.


Last edited at 14/05/06(Tue)00:37:01
>> No. 74922 edit
Torinn is the first down the drop, illuminating things further on.
>> No. 74923 edit
Sureiya goes down and inspects the area
Take ten


Last edited at 14/05/06(Tue)17:54:54
>> No. 74924 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74924
As the adventurers, one by one, descend the ten foot drop, they are confronted by the tunnels. Both are pretty sure of the two tunnels that lead downwards--the second tunnel from the west, and the far eastern tunnel, and both are also quite certain from closer inspection that the runes that comprise this glowing, orange magic circle are the same as the runes that comprised the previous orange, glowing magic circle they encountered.

It's eerily still and quiet here.
>> No. 74925 edit
Seeing nothing else of interest around, Sureiya moves straight to the magic circle, expecting to talk with the Lich once again.
>> No. 74926 edit
File 139792583670.png - (97.16KB , 256x256 , earthlich image.png )
74926
When Sureiya approaches the glowing circle, the image of the lich appears once again, and it speaks to him (and anyone else who steps within 10 feet of the circle), "Impressive, overdwellers... you overcame a difficult trial. Perhaps you are worthy to face my mad master after all... but first, you must navigate the treacherous Underdark, and find you way to my inner sanctum..."
>> No. 74927 edit
File 129652691796.jpg - (79.78KB , 640x480 , 156195165165.jpg )
74927
"Don't sweat it, we're good at this" the ranger asserts. Then, after thinking about it carefully, Sureiya decides to tell the Lich something interesting.

"So, you wanted to know why we're here? We have come here to find someone. I'd usually keep my trap shut about this, but you claimed to be a man of honor, so I'll ask you.

Is she still alive?"

Last edited at 14/05/06(Tue)21:52:11
>> No. 74928 edit
File 139777077019.png - (45.82KB , 128x128 , gaol.png )
74928
"She...? Are you referring to that foolish eladrin who sought the leyline alone?" the lich replies psychically. In a slow, patient tone, he replies, "I serve as a warden, of sorts. I have imprisoned that one, as I do many of the other intruders that get too close to my sanctum... She is here, with me. I am to give her to my master, so should you wish to see her again... you should seek to engage me soon."

The undead orc gestures, and you are treated briefly to the image of a granite gaol embedded in a ceiling. With a sound that almost resembles a cackle, Gallard resumes speaking and the image shifts back to the skeletal orc, "Yes, I believe it would be far better to raise the stakes of our engagement than to give her and the scroll she carries to my master... He is deranged, you see. Who knows what the Fell King would do with her...?"
>> No. 74929 edit
File 139944087996.jpg - (436.73KB , 1280x720 , 1518165165165.jpg )
74929
"She might be hurt, but she will be fine if we can bring her back..."
"You're different from the others. You know, I might even enjoy fighting you."

Last edited at 14/05/06(Tue)22:34:39
>> No. 74931 edit
File 139950383552.gif - (32.02KB , 460x245 , sak_emptysmile.gif )
74931
>>74928
"You didn't need a hostage. You could have just asked nicely for us to drive you back into the dirt."
>> No. 74934 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74934
Regarding the two adventurers addressing him, the lich replies, "The others? ...Oh, yes. I am given to understand that you defeated Sankis, Hemah, and Val'akir." Gesturing dramatically, he goes on to say, "They sought personal power... they served my master for their own ends. I serve him as a matter of honor. While I lived, I served, and I remain faithful in death... so naturally, we differ. Nevertheless, the eladrin was attempting to reach the leyline, and my duty demands that I cannot allow that to happen."
>> No. 74935 edit
>>74934
"And our duty demands that we stop you and your master. Who do you think will succeed?"
>> No. 74936 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74936
The lich turns his skull towards Torinn, and though it's difficult to read emotions in a skeletal face, the dragonborn almost feels regarded with amusement. "I welcome the challenge, overdweller... Indeed, I have been anxious for such a challenge for some time."
>> No. 74938 edit
File 131415489278.jpg - (34.10KB , 140x140 , mb11.jpg )
74938
>>74928
"Is your duty to capture people?" For someone you think is crazy?
>> No. 74939 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74939
The lich seems a bit miffed at this, and he corrects, "My duty, disrespectful overdweller, is to protect the leyline... to imprison and judge the undesirables that venture too close."
>> No. 74940 edit
File 131701380577.png - (57.46KB , 251x359 , eri1.png )
74940
>>74939
And he thought this was worth keeping to himself?

"Undesirables, right. Well, Mr. Gallard, to us, it looks as though neither you nor the Fell Thing have authority to judge and imprison anybody, let alone force upon them these one-sided 'trials,'" complains the shaman as her spirits nod in agreement. "Are you even risking anything in this game of yours? At least the other three were honest about fighting us."
>> No. 74941 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74941
Gallard shakes his skeletal head and replies, "You stand upon an ancient battleground of the orcs of the Dragonsworn, overdweller.... as one of the last Dragonsworn, I have laid claim to this area as my domain. Should you wish to pass through, I will subject you to my trials, as is my right..." Gesturing, he says, "Should you not wish to face my trials and judgement, you are free to turn back now."
>> No. 74942 edit
Torinn makes no such motion to turn back.
>> No. 74943 edit
"We can't be sure he's telling the truth, but if there's a chance Elayne's alive I think it's better to play it safe, even if we don't feel very eager to challenge him" Sureiya adds, looking at the Shaman.

"Well, so, which way should we go?" the ranger asks to the group.
>> No. 74944 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
74944
>>74941
"Doesn't battleground just mean someone fought here? ... But regardless of what we want, Mr. Gallard, we also happen to be following orders, and these unfair challenges masked as duty do not help, so I felt justified in voicing some complaints."

>>74942
>>74943
"... It doesn't look like the others mind very much, either."
>> No. 74945 edit
Myn wakes up from his nap just in time to also not turn back.
>> No. 74946 edit
"...this girl really wouldn't mind if we return to Mithral Hall with Elayne's spirit following us."
Sureiya moves away from the circle and makes a closer inspection of the tunnels.[/i]
>> No. 74947 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74947
"A child's complaint does little to change my duty..." the lich scoffs. "The fallen Dragonsworn here cry out for justice... and I will deliver it unto them. My master guides us as chieftain, and until such a time when he is cast down, I fulfill my duty to him... no matter his madness."

With that, the image of the skeletal orc fades, as well as the magic circle. Sureiya's closer inspection of the tunnels reveals that the far eastern tunnel slopes much more sharply than the second tunnel from the west, meaning it will carry you further downwards faster and yet be more difficult to traverse.
>> No. 74948 edit
>>74947

"So she was a child after all?"

"I suggest the steeper route. A longer path would provide more opportunities for danger, and we have little time to spare."

"And it provides a chance to test this flying creature."
>> No. 74949 edit
"Alright, let's move then."
Sureiya leads the way
>> No. 74950 edit
File 137911743186.png - (77.78KB , 306x391 , bern111.png )
74950
>>74947
They shouldn't cry out as long as you haven't done something like raise them as zombies.

Follow others, since no one seems to object to the shortcut.

Last edited at 14/05/12(Mon)01:04:55
>> No. 74951 edit
>>74949
Take vanguard position
>> No. 74952 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74952
As the five wind their way down the tunnel, it steadily becomes larger, and it would appear that it will open into a larger cavern soon. However, Sureiya has the group halt as he finds something interesting--it would appear that there is a narrow hole leading downwards, like a drop-off. You can see the base some fifty-ish feet down, so it's not a terribly dangerous or bottomless pit, but it would require you to squeeze through the hole to fit. Leading straight down, it does seem like a viable alternative to continuing through this passage.
>> No. 74953 edit
>>74952
Torinn eyes the small cramped passage down, then turns to the others and shakes his head. "Let's not go down there."
>> No. 74954 edit
"We're not taking this shortcut, too, are we?"

Hole lore (DUngeoneering, 13+9=22) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499481/

>> No. 74955 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74955
Sid regards the passage with suspicion as the shaman examines it.

Bernkastel: (Dungeoneering) By all accounts, the tunnel looks naturally formed. It does not appear dangerous.
>> No. 74956 edit
>>74955
Also perception (34) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499491/

>> No. 74957 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74957
The shaman examines the hole rather thoroughly, and finds absolutely nothing suspicious. There is a light dusting of mud at the base of the "tunnel" that leads downwards, which doesn't very much in width but is very rough and clearly naturally-formed. There's some signs of dampness but not overly so. There's a bit of mildew that's grown inside the passage leading down, but it would appear that it opens up into a larger area after about 20 feet, which would be roughly 30 feet above the ground. There's not much of interest down there except for some very, very small natural rock formations.
>> No. 74958 edit
>>74957
relay
>> No. 74959 edit
Before deciding where to go, Sureiya scouts the path ahead.
Perception: 34 http://orokos.com/roll/192081
>> No. 74960 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74960
From his current position, Sureiya is at least able to determine that the tunnel, now about fifty feet wide, continues at least to the edge of your light source (about a hundred feet), continuing to slope downwards and onwards. The tunnel is of little note in and of itself, being naturally-formed rock with the occasional fungus or back of algae.
>> No. 74961 edit
"I've found few good things at the bottom of pits."
>> No. 74962 edit
"The way ahead must be filled with traps and monsters, let's check this out."
Sureiya hammers a piton in the top of the edge and ties a rope to it, then he carefully climbs down, trying to look what's at the bottom.
Rin please make a perception check when you update, orokos is dead
>> No. 74963 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74963
As Sureiya climbs down the rope, he's too distracted by the climbing to notice much suspicious, though once he reaches the bottom he thinks he hears something in the distance. From what he can immediately see, he is standing in a open area that goes about fifteen feet south before ending in a wall, and the area is about thirty feet across until the area opens up sixty feet ahead, into a much wider, open area that Sureiya cannot make out the edges of from his current vantage point. It is in this wider, open area to the north that Sureiya pinpoints the source of the sound he's hearing--it almost sounds like a clanging noise and perhaps one or more voices.

Sureiya's Perception: 12 http://orokos.com/roll/192480
>> No. 74964 edit
Sureiya climbs up just enough for the rest of the party to be able to hear him without shouting and tells them what he can see.
"There's some noise ahead, it might be more than one creature."
>> No. 74965 edit
>>74964
I didn't want to go down the hole, though.

"I guess we'll have to investigate."
>> No. 74966 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
74966
"We always take the obvious way, but this time, this tunnel's really asking to be explored.
I'll take the lead, everyone, try to climb down."
Then, he goes down again and stays alert.
>> No. 74967 edit
Myn grabs the book imp off its shoulder perch and tosses it into the hole.

Impspeak: "Go clandestinely figure out what's making the sounds down there."

"Perhaps this creature can be of use for once."

Familiar to active mode.
Keep invisibility on.
Move to end of range towards noise in the pit.


Last edited at 14/05/13(Tue)23:19:40
>> No. 74968 edit
File 131050860887.png - (90.76KB , 214x370 , bern86.png )
74968
>>74966
"We're heading for these creatures?" the shaman asks, incredulous, but follows anyway.

Going last on account of slow climbing, unless someone else really wants to go last.
>> No. 74969 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
74969
Myn's imp catches itself mid-flight and lazily drifts down the hole and flies into the chamber that Sureiya began exploring, but due to the limited light radius isn't able to see anything that Sureiya didn't already examine. It comes back to report to Myn that it looked around a slightly damp, empty stone cavern.
>> No. 74970 edit
Torinn dismounts and orders Rutger to stay behind as a rear guard, giving it a reassuring pat on the head. Before climbing down, he looks to "Bernkastel" and asks, "Are you going to be okay?"
>> No. 74971 edit
Once everyone has climbed down and is following him, Sureiya moves to the corner, to light the way ahead.
Perception: lol nat 2 (16) http://orokos.com/roll/192915
>> No. 74972 edit
>>74970
"It's hard to say. We could be climbing to our deaths," replies the shaman, staring into the hole.
>> No. 74973 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74973
As the group climbs down the rope one by one, leaving Rutger in reserve, Sureiya leads them north across a large, empty cavern. After traversing the cavern, the noises become a bit more obvious briefly, but even as you head further to the north, the sounds of clanging and shouting become less and less regular. Eventually, the cavern narrows to a passageway that is about fifty feet wide that twists sharply to the east, and the noise has almost completely ceased. The strange thing is that you can see a different light source illuminating whatever is beyond the bend, and the quality of the light suggests another sunrod or lantern. You're still quite a ways from the passage ahead, which makes it easy to distinguish your light from the strange, foreign light source that's filling the passage beyond the corner.
>> No. 74974 edit
File 12962466981.png - (59.56KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria33.png )
74974
"They're close."
Sureiya scouts the immediate area and leads the way. "Would you send your familiar to check around the corner?" says the ranger while facing Myn.
Perception: 24 http://orokos.com/roll/193230

Last edited at 14/05/15(Thu)01:16:54
>> No. 74975 edit
File 14001495033.png - (15.35KB , 183x189 , peek2.png )
74975
>>74974
Climbs down really slowly etc.

Once done climbing, I'll follow the expedition leader, probably in whatever marching order we last used. Also, Sureiya can borrow the low-light candle if he wants.

Perception (26) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4502363/


Last edited at 14/05/15(Thu)03:26:39
>> No. 74976 edit
Myn tosses his imp, repeating the previous instructions.
>> No. 74977 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
74977
Fluttering invisibly around the corner, the imp is only absent a few moments before it returns to Myn, gesturing open-handed as it says to him, "Looks like orcs, boss. Five of 'em, and one looked kinda familiar. I'd guess they were fightin' somethin', there were some dead beasties in there too. They'se in this cavern wit' multiple, branching paths, looks like."
>> No. 74978 edit
>>74977

"There seem to be five orcs, and a number of dead creatures of some sort. This thing recognized one of them."
>> No. 74979 edit
>>74978
"Recognized? Who was it?"
>> No. 74980 edit
>>74979

"Unless it has friends down here I don't know about, presumably an orc we've come across recently. I wouldn't expect it to be capable of offering a name."

Myn shrugs.
>> No. 74981 edit
>>74980
"Could it be somebody from Many-Arrows?"
>> No. 74982 edit
"Is it that behemoth-riding Bloodspire orc? I think I still have his weapon and armor," the shaman asks the imp, rummaging through her bag and pulling out his axe.
>> No. 74983 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74983
After Myn relays the information the imp comments, "I don't even remember THAT guy,"

"It was the one with the big sword," the imp offers helpfully.
>> No. 74984 edit
"Apparently it had a large sword."
>> No. 74985 edit
>>74984
"Sword, huh."

>>74981
"Maybe it's Kraag Bloodspire, then?" suggests the shaman back, putting the axe away.
>> No. 74986 edit
"In any case, we may as well introduce ourselves. I doubt five weary orcs would pose an insurmountable threat, in the worst case."
>> No. 74987 edit
>>74986
"Okay, why not."
>> No. 74988 edit
Lead the party forward
>> No. 74989 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
74989
Torinn leads the group forward, and you've nearly rounded the corner into the room before you hear a gruff voice call out, "Halt! Who goes there?!"
>> No. 74990 edit
File 129457034059.png - (8.75KB , 107x107 , hi.png )
74990
>>74989
"If you'll let us turn the corner, you'll see us for yourself," replies the shaman evenly, still halting.

Last edited at 14/05/16(Fri)10:24:38
>> No. 74991 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74991
"...At least you sound friendlier than the last lot," replies whoever was speaking to you before. "Come forward slowly, and show yourselves then."
>> No. 74992 edit
>>74991
Torinn puts away his weapon, but not his shield, and cautiously proceeds.
>> No. 74993 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
74993
Sureiya moves ahead, disarmed.
"It looks like you were busy a while ago."
Perception: 29 http://orokos.com/roll/193879
>> No. 74994 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
74994
As Sureiya and Torinn lead the group into the room (with Sid looking a bit nervous), you approach a group of five orcs--two in leather war-armor wielding huge weapons (one a sword, and one a big axe), one wearing an bearskin mantle over a loincloth and fur mufflers, and two wearing leathers and wielding lighter weapons (one equipped with daggers, and one with a longbow). The fur-wearing one points at the group and announces, "You. You're not native from the Underdark. You must've been sent by the dwarves." You recognize his voice as the one speaking before.

The five orcs stand in the middle of an oval-shaped room about a hundred feet in diameter with several visible passages, with natural stone formations forming pillar-like protrusions here and there. Littered across the ground are the corpses of what appear to be goblin zombies similar to those you battled before, as well as the corpses of three ropers. Several of the orcs are still wounded, and the blood on their weapons appears fresh. The orc with the big sword lazily waves at you, and the perceptive amongst you may recognize him as Kraag Bloodspire.
>> No. 74995 edit
>>74994
"We were 'sent' by Baldur's Gate. We're here to find a friend of ours and deal with a troublesome person."

take ten diplomacy
>> No. 74996 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
74996
The orc's eyes narrow. "Baldur's Gate...? This is a long way from areas of their concern. Why--"

Pushing his way forward, Kraag interrupts the shaman, saying, "They're working with the grand duke. You could've just asked me about them; I've been recently."

The fur-wearing orc shaman regards the sword-wielding warrior with annoyance, though Kraag's expression shines with mild amusement. (Giant) "Shut up and fall in line, Bloodspire dog!" the orc shaman snaps, before returning his attention to the party. As he speaks, a snake-like apparition phases into view and begins to coil around the shaman's arm, which you now notice ends in a metallic claw which covers the back of his hand. "So you're on a rescue assignment. We are on your side. We are also looking for something."

Bernkastel: The snake apparition is clearly a spirit companion, probably an animist spirit.
>> No. 74997 edit
"Who are you looking for?"
Sureiya asks, while pondering in silence why the shaman orc was so hostile to Kraag.
Insight fail: http://orokos.com/roll/194007

Last edited at 14/05/18(Sun)11:12:34
>> No. 74998 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
74998
Sureiya: You're unable to get much of a read, other than the fact that Kraag seems to be enjoying himself.
>> No. 74999 edit
File 132297885313.png - (17.23KB , 128x207 , eri3.png )
74999
"Are you from Many-Arrows, then?" And Mr. Bloodspire is with them? I thought Many-Arrows weren't keeping in touch with our side. Maybe under secret orders?

Nature (16) and Insight (21) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4505312/

>> No. 75000 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75000
"Yes, of course," the orc shaman replies to "Bernkastel," brusquely ignoring Sureiya's question. "We won't get in your way. Now if you don't mind--"

"Don't you have something for them, Mo'Grash?" Kraag interjects, his sword now strapped to his back and his arms crossed. The shaman that Kraag called Mo'Grash turns again to the warrior, his face twisted in anger, and is given only a smirk in return. The other orcs shift uncomfortably and seem to step away from the two, as if expecting there might be a confrontation.

Bernkastel: (Insight) You're unable to grasp much about the relationship between the other shaman and his spirit companion, but the emotional read you get is that the shaman is the leader of the group, and he's getting rather fed up with Kraag overstepping his bounds as a subordinate by speaking out.
>> No. 75001 edit
File 131539985557.jpg - (31.03KB , 120x115 , mb10.jpg )
75001
>>75000
With a glance from the shaman, her smaller spirit floats over to Torinn. It proceeds to jab him in the side to direct his attention to the deteriorating developments, and looks at him expectantly.
>> No. 75002 edit
Snapping out of his reverie with the aid of the spirit, Torinn clears his throat and asks, "You have something for us?"

take ten diplomacy
>> No. 75003 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
75003
Reluctantly taking his gaze away from Kraag, Mo'Grash the shaman directs a fierce look at Torinn and replies, "This... whelp, was to deliver something to you."

"Yeah, that was my duty. Assisting Mardoc. He gave me the scroll to deliver to them. The one you took from me, Mo'Grash," Kraag says smugly. "You should give it to them."

Mo'Grash doesn't look too happy about it, but he pulls a satchel from beneath his fur cloak and draws from it a leather-bound scroll tube, and holds it out in offering.
>> No. 75004 edit
Torinn accepts the scroll graciously.

"Thank you."
>> No. 75005 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
75005
"That must be what we requested before, but how exactly you got ahead of us, was that scroll crafted that soon after we left?" Sureiya questions.
>> No. 75006 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
75006
>>75003
"We're sorry about the hassle, Mr. Mo'Grash. But are you looking for something, too? We're on the same side, right?"

Meanwhile, the larger spirit points Myn to the scroll tube.

Last edited at 14/05/18(Sun)15:57:54
>> No. 75007 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75007
As Torinn takes the scroll, the orc shaman regards his own troops with a bit of suspicion. None look too keen on the idea of approaching the party, and in fact seem more than a bit apprehensive of the lot of you.

"We are," Mo'Grash says hesitantly. "We are searching for more portals to the Shadowfell. That is vital information for what is to come. You understand that it is better if we go separate ways from here."

When it becomes clear that the shaman isn't going to respond to the half-orc, Kraag volunteers, "I don't know if I got ahead of you. Maybe I just took a different route. Hells, this place is a giant maze, maybe one of us ended up going the wrong way?"
>> No. 75008 edit
Myn shakes his head at the spirit. What kind of classism is it to assume that everyone experienced in magic is also knowledgeable about rituals?
>> No. 75009 edit
File 129819442072.png - (41.57KB , 161x272 , ~.png )
75009
>>75007
"I see, we understand. Still, this seems to be the quickest path for us, too, so maybe we could part at the next fork, instead?"

>>75008
The spirit kicks him.
>> No. 75010 edit
>>75009

Myn refuses to react. Ghosts aren't even real.
>> No. 75011 edit
File 130896125850.png - (59.57KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea4.png )
75011
"Well, there was another way. We didn't bother to investigate because we heard you fighting" Sureiya adds. "Did you come from that way?" the ranger asks to Kraag, pointing the direction the party hasn't explored.

Last edited at 14/05/18(Sun)21:53:23
>> No. 75012 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75012
Sid has taken notice of the ritual scroll, but seems disinclined to retrieve it at the moment. Instead, Mo'Grash grunts and gestures towards the passages behind the orcs, saying, "There are many paths here. If you wish to head this way, I suggest we split up. If nothing else, more ground will be covered in this manner."
>> No. 75013 edit
File 131657314532.png - (63.98KB , 216x163 , eri2.png )
75013
>>75010
Garnering no response from Myn, the spirit glares at him before walking over to the smaller spirit (who had been suggesting the same thing to Sid), and communicates something, pointing to the warlock, and all behind the shaman's back.

>>75012
"As you say, then," relents the shaman.

To Sid: "Can you point us to a passage?"

Last edited at 14/05/19(Mon)19:13:22
>> No. 75014 edit
>>75013
Torinn watches the spectacle unfold and remains stoically silent about it.
>>75012
Returning to more important matters at hand, the dragonborn says, "It sounds like you have things covered here. We should head back the way we came instead; there was another path back that way."
>> No. 75017 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75017
"One moment!" Sid says to the shaman, taking the spirit's advice and grasping the scroll tube. Popping it open, he withdraws the rolled-up paper inside and gives it a look-over. As he reads it, his brow furrows in thought, and he says quietly, "It appears to be a sort of binding ritual targeted at a skeletal humanoid."

Meanwhile, Kraag replies to Sureiya, pointing to one of the passages behind them and saying, "We came from over there. Big network of tunnels just up the ridge."
>> No. 75018 edit
"...well, should we go back then?" the ranger mutters.
>> No. 75019 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
75019
>>75014
>>75018
"... Go back? This way is supposed to be quicker, right?"
>> No. 75020 edit
>>75019
"The tiger can't fit down this passage."

Last edited at 14/05/20(Tue)11:43:07
>> No. 75021 edit
File 138147525082.png - (3.10KB , 41x41 , bern130.png )
75021
>>75020
"We're basing our decision solely on your tiger??"

Last edited at 14/05/20(Tue)11:47:47
>> No. 75022 edit
>>75021
"Rutger is a comrade that I'd prefer not to leave behind."
>> No. 75023 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
75023
>>75022
"It's some kind of summoned creature, right? Can't you re-conjure it or something?"
>> No. 75024 edit
>>75023
"I can do it once more, but then I couldn't do it again later at a more critical juncture, such as when he is critically injured."
>> No. 75025 edit
"We know little about the path ahead. Even a small justification should be sufficient for the choice."

Myn remains wary of the death pit.
>> No. 75026 edit
File 131554170954.png - (114.98KB , 385x351 , 4719507b.png )
75026
>>75024
>>75025
"It makes me question why we came down here in the first place, but fine. But one of you will be pulling me up."
>> No. 75027 edit
>>75026
"I suppose that since I'm the reason we're going back, it's only fair."
Volunteer for pulling up Bernkastel
>> No. 75028 edit
"I'll help" says Sureiya, preparing to climb up.
Get up and help people to climb up, use taken ten for everything.
>> No. 75029 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75029
Kraag nods as the group heads back the way they came and climbs back up the hole. As Sureiya helps the rest of the party up, they find Rutger right where he was left. This tunnel continues to slope downwards and onwards for at least a hundred feet ahead.
>> No. 75030 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75030
As the group proceeds down the passage, Sureiya gets the sense that it's winding around as you head downwards. It narrows to about twelve feet across as you come to a dip after moving forward about one hundred and forty feet. Getting down looks fairly easy, but climbing back up would be tough--it's a rather steep slope. Here, the passage is about eighteen feet high, but it would appear that at the bottom of this slope, which extends about sixty feet down, there is a more solid, horizontal floor that is strangely discolored. Rather than the dull brown of the surrounding tunnels, the ground here is almost grayish with specks of white.

The slope itself can be traversed down with ease, but moving back up the slope would require extra effort (difficult terrain to ascend the slope, normal movement for descending, running up the slope requires a moderate DC acrobatics check to remain balanced). It would appear that the ground beneath the slope opens into a larger cavern, though your view of it is cut off from your current vantage.
>> No. 75031 edit
>>75030
"That's pretty steep..."
>> No. 75032 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
75032
"The floor ahead looks different" Sureiya mutters, while he keeps going forward.
Perception to look around, Dungeoneering to discern if the path ahead is natural: (24,13)

Last edited at 14/05/22(Thu)13:02:17
>> No. 75033 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75033
Though Sureiya can't see much more from his current vantage point, he believes that the ground below has a high salt content.
>> No. 75034 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
75034
"The ground at the bottom appears to have remains of salty substance. Does that happens naturally?" asking this, Sureiya goes to the bottom of the slope to look at it directly.
Dungeoneering and perception aid another (24,21) http://orokos.com/roll/195907
>> No. 75035 edit
>>75034
"Please be careful, since salts can be caustic."

Dungeoneering (21), Nature (15), Perception (23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4511005/

>> No. 75036 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75036
As Sureiya descends the ramp, he sees the upper part of the cavern give way, giving him a much clearer view of the cavern beyond. It is a much larger cavern, and again has several branching paths on the opposite end, as well as either side. A cursory glance doesn't reveal much interesting about the terrain here, except that the white-speckled grayish ground beneath you is but a small accumulation of salt and stone that forms a thin surface over the rocky ground below, and there are several more such deposits in this cavern, but only on and close to the ground level. Relaying this information to the shaman leads her to conclude that these accumulations are probably a result of the local ecosystem, which is to say they may have been left here by a creature that dwells in these caverns for some purpose.

The most striking feature in this area is another orange glowing magic circle in the rough center of the expansive cavern. Sid checks the leyline tracer, and nods, saying, "We're definitely going the right way!"

Bernkastel: (Nature) You are aware that several larger creatures that dwell in the Underdark often consume various ores and other minerals in order to aid in digestion or for other purposes, and this particular accumulation is probably the mark of a chimaera, the likes of which are known to consume particularly potent ores to fuel their fiery breath. These ores tend to have a high salt content, and they leave a residue similar to these accumulations when the chimera breathes fire.
>> No. 75037 edit
File 131564322348.jpg - (44.80KB , 350x180 , mb12.jpg )
75037
>>75036
The shaman eventually recalls the chimera details, and her spirit companion appears near Sureiya to point his attention to the shaman.

"I just remembered. The salt deposits may be signs of a chimera's fire breath," says the shaman.

Last edited at 14/05/23(Fri)17:04:42
>> No. 75038 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
75038
"Chimera? That doesn't sound very friendly."
Arcana, Nature and Dungeoneering: (15, 30, 14)
>> No. 75039 edit
File 140103237225.png - (615.25KB , 1010x670 , forkA.png )
75039
Sureiya stands in the still of the cavern and ponders what he knows about chimeras.

Sureiya (Knowledge of Chimeras): Though it is possible to create chimeras via magic, and they are sometimes deliberately created as the result of vile experimentation, chimeras exist as natural creatures. Cunning carnivores, they tend to dwell in mountains and caves near places where prey is plentiful, though as they possess rudimentary intelligence (about as much as a horse or dog), they can be trained as pets, mounts, or guardian beasts, and thus travel with their masters. Magical beasts of immense power, they are known to possess a breath weapon similar to that of a dragon, and though fire appears to be the most common, the exact nature of the breath weapon depends on the color of the dragon's head--though there are rumors of even more powerful chimeras that possess several breath weapons.

Chimeras bear a striking profile, monstrous creatures of large size or even bigger, they possess the head of a chromatic dragon, the head of a lion, and the head of a ram, and a wide variety of methods of attack (they are elite or solo creatures, depending on the exact chimera being fought). If a chimera possesses features of animals other than these three, that is likely the mark of a product of magical experimentation rather than a naturally occurring chimera. While in nature, chimeras tend to line their lairs with baubles and bits of treasure, which they are known to possess a dragon's eye for.

>> No. 75040 edit
>>75039
"... Do you see anything?"
>> No. 75041 edit
File 129797399880.png - (85.34KB , 291x478 , kan_majimea37.png )
75041
"There's another magic circle ahead. I don't see any creature around but there are more salt traces on the ground. It looks safe to come down for now." the ranger says, motioning the party to continue the investigation.
Perception: (16) http://orokos.com/roll/196662

Last edited at 14/05/25(Sun)18:10:36
>> No. 75042 edit
"Mr. Gallard again? Already?"

Going etc.
>> No. 75043 edit
File 140106718333.png - (744.29KB , 1010x670 , forkB.png )
75043
As the group moves forward, Sureiya reveals the other passages in the room, of which there are plenty. There's some pillars, a lot of salt, and the magic circle. The cavern appears quiet and still; Sureiya senses nothing threatening.
>> No. 75044 edit
Perception aid another: (29) http://orokos.com/roll/196667
>> No. 75045 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
75045
>>75044
Once inside the new level, the shaman looks around (with Sureiya's aid, in whatever form), including looking above the party.

perception (22+2=24) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4513785/

>> No. 75046 edit
File 140106857318.png - (1.31MB , 1010x670 , forkC.png )
75046
Bernkastel sees that the salt accumulations look rather old, as they are very dry, aside from what may be the result of some drippings from the ceiling. The roof of the cavern is about fifty to forty feet up, depending on the specific part of the cavern, and lined with stalactites. The air is slightly damp, and the shaman sees a droplet of what may be water drip to the ground. It remains still and quiet in the cavern, aside from a faint, undecipherable whisper that seems to be emanating from the glowing ritual circle. The runes Myn recognizes as the same as the previous circles, and Sid confirms, "Looks like another one of those circles that let us talk to Gallard!"
>> No. 75047 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
75047
>>75046
The shaman remembers anecdotes of underground drowning zones, and prepares accordingly for a possible lich-induced flooding.

I'll try to confirm if the drop was water first, and if it is (or if I can't confirm for one reason or another), I'm inflating a flotation bladder.

Last edited at 14/05/25(Sun)19:48:04
>> No. 75048 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75048
It's difficult determine, but the liquid is clear and has no scent--or at least it appears to be, once the shaman examines where the droplet landed. It's most likely water.
>> No. 75049 edit
Myn approaches the circle, attempting to initiate a conversation.
>> No. 75050 edit
File 140107554234.png - (1.60MB , 1010x670 , forkD.png )
75050
When Myn approaches the circle, the image of the lich phases in. The orange glow in its eyes narrows and it asks, "Ah, you... you have made it this far. And the others, they are with you? Come forward..."
>> No. 75051 edit
"It would be strange to think such an uneventful hike capable of stopping us, rather. Although this chimera pit we've been drawn into is slightly troubling."

Myn maintains a belief that a murder-gauntlet of his design would be far more intricate and efficient.
>> No. 75052 edit
>>75050
The shaman walks over, still working on the anti-underground lake device. She does gesture for Myn to continue, though.
>> No. 75053 edit
File 14011147932.png - (1.60MB , 1010x670 , forkE.png )
75053
As the shaman enters the range of the circle, Sid moves in as well, and the orc skeleton turns to face each of the adventurers in succession. "Ah, I see... are you feeling the weight on your shoulders? You friend depends on you... and yet you wind through these tunnels, each nearly indistinguishable from the last, never knowing for sure if you are getting closer to your goal..." He gestures, spreading his arms and opening his hands, "Are you lost? Being... deceived, perhaps? Will you reach your destination... or a death trap?"

Sid clucks his tongue dismissively, but says nothing out loud, apparently not rising to the bait to reveal more than he needs to without direction.
>> No. 75054 edit
>>75053
"Does it matter either way?" Torinn replies dryly as Rutger moves forward. "We're going to reach you no matter what you left behind."
>> No. 75056 edit
File 140113093497.png - (1.50MB , 1010x670 , forkF.png )
75056
Gallard adjusts his posture to face Torinn as he approaches the magic circle, and says in a mocking tone, "Are you so sure...? Do you feel as though you are making progress? Perhaps you need a helping hand... from someone who knows the way..."
>> No. 75057 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
75057
"You prepared a guide for us? You know, the other lackeys weren't so nice" says Sureiya, unsheathing his blades.

Last edited at 14/05/26(Mon)12:13:05
>> No. 75058 edit
File 140113348850.png - (1.12MB , 1010x670 , forkG.png )
75058
"Of course... this servant has made the journey from my inner sanctum to your position many times," the skeleton assures. "Of course, in order to acquire his services, you must overcome his trial... solve the riddle..."

When Gallard says these words, you hear what sounds like a monstrous creature roaring, then the sound of something heavy slamming first into the ground, then into a wall high above you, and the vague sound of wings beating a few times. The sound appears to be emanating from the tunnel to the east.
>> No. 75059 edit
>>75058

"I suppose it would be rude to deny assistance."

Unwilling to converse any longer, Myn instead moves to look around the pillar.

Move to H-20.
>> No. 75060 edit
Torinn shoots a look at the skeletal figure before moving to investigate.

Move in direction sound came from
>> No. 75061 edit
File 132259706726.jpg - (20.60KB , 143x158 , mb9.jpg )
75061
Finally finished and rather lightheaded, the shaman puts away the lifesaver. Riddle, what?

Some encouragement from the spirit companion later, the shaman finds herself better armed.



Inflated flotation bladder goes in the bag of holding.
On hand: Goblin Totem Javelin + Sunrod.

Move action: to N-23, and SC to H-21.

>> No. 75062 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
75062
"...Are we really solving a riddle from a Chimera? Can it even speak?..." Sureiya mutters, saying the last part really low, just in case.
Move to N-25

Last edited at 14/05/27(Tue)02:25:20
>> No. 75063 edit
File 14012302189.png - (1.28MB , 1010x670 , forkH.png )
75063
As you move away from the circle, it begins to fade, and you hear the skeletal orc say, "...or...wait, was that the sphinx that asked riddles...?" followed by a cackling laugh as his image disappears.

Almost simultaneously, Sureiya moving forward allows his sunrod to illuminate the eastern passage, which has a fork in it, one path of which is a big tunnel leading downwards. Almost immediately a hulking creature lunges out of the tunnel, flapping immense wings. With one mighty bound it at the lip of the tunnel, another lands it at the head of the passage, and with a third, mighty leap assisted by a heavy flap of its wings, it lands before you. It roars--a collection of three heads each issuing a different battle cry.

The beast is massive, more than fifteen feet wide and over twenty feet tall. At first it appears to be a massive lion, with one head possessing a black mane of fur and the body and legs closely resembling that of a gigantic, dark-furred lion. The lion's head's eyes glow red and embers fall from its maw. However, over its right shoulder awkwardly sits the head of a gray-furred goat on an elongated neck. It has a wicked-looking set of curved black horns and glowing blue eyes, and as it bleats you see what appears to be frosted air emerging from its mouth. Over its left shoulder is an even longer neck, this one lined with blue scales and clearly reptilian, ending in a dragon's head. The dragon's eyes glow purple and electricity pulses from them periodically, even as it emits a soft hiss. Behind the heads sit two red-rimmed, black leathery wings that barely look large enough to holy the chimera in flight, though the joints that connect them to the body appear quite muscular. The final feature of the chimera is a stunted blue-scaled reptilian tail.

Monster Knowledge: Knowledge of the chimera can be obtained via an arcana or nature check.
>> No. 75064 edit
>>75063
Showing Gallard what he thinks of his giant beast, Torinn speaks in a slow voice to the brute, asking, "Hello. Can you understand me? If you're just a dumb animal, don't say anything coherent."
>> No. 75065 edit
The chimera immediately attacks, seemingly uninterested in conversation.
>> No. 75066 edit
File 140123321520.png - (1.28MB , 1010x670 , forkI.png )
75066
The ram's head fixes on the sound of the half-orc's voice and snakes forward, then the entire body jerks forward. The head smashes horns-first into Sureiya's body, knocking him head-over-heels backwards. With a great, almost triumphant bleat, the chimera raises the ram's head into the sky, and from its mouth shoot two large chunks of ice, which smash into the ground a second later right on top of the gathered groups of Torinn and Rutger, as well as Sureiya and Bernkastel. As the icy shards pierce embed themselves in your armor, you notice that ice spreads over the ground at the impact point, and you feel a chill spread through your legs as they seize up from the cold energy.

The shaman is next to react.

The dhorme chimera charges Sureiya with ram's gore, which hits for 23 damage, pushes Sureiya 1 square and knocks him prone.
The dhorme chimera spends an action point! The dhorme chimera uses ram's keeper, two attacks, which hit Sureiya, Bernkastel, Torinn, and Rutger for 13 cold damage (Bernkastel reduces to 11, Rutger reduces to 8). The bursts create zones of treacherous ice, if you enter a zone or begin your turn in one you take 5 cold damage and are slowed (save ends).
Bernkastel takes 5 cold damage (reduced to 3) and is slowed (save ends).


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-20) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 63/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (I/J-26/27) 27/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-24) 44/70 HP, prone
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (N-23) 49/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, slowed (save ends)
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (K-21) 71/71 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (H-21)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (L/O-28/31)

Notes
Knowledge of the chimera is arcana or nature.
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
>> No. 75067 edit
Is there something to learn from this beast, or not?

Insight for Gallard's last comment. (30) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4515718/

No action: Nature, Arcana (19, 9) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4515716/


Last edited at 14/05/27(Tue)19:23:47
>> No. 75068 edit
Myn resolves to never again think of nature.

Arcana knowledge check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4515724/

Nature knowledge check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4515727/


Last edited at 14/05/27(Tue)19:26:23
>> No. 75069 edit
Torinn is vaguely knowledgeable about chimeras and thinks this one should be in a desert.

Knowledge : Arcana (16) and Nature (18) http://orokos.com/roll/197271
>> No. 75070 edit
>>75067
The shaman knows next to nothing about chimeras, so she tries looking around the enemy for spirits hinting at its features, of which there turn out to be frustratingly few.

Minor action: Speak with Spirits for a +5 to Nature.
No action: Nature, round 2. (20) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4515731/


Last edited at 14/05/27(Tue)19:38:43
>> No. 75071 edit
File 140124498682.png - (1.28MB , 1010x670 , forkI.png )
75071
The image of Gallard fades along with the ritual circle.

Bernkastel (Insight): If you can sense any emotion from Gallard's last comment, it would probably be amusement. Perhaps something like laughing at your own joke.

Myn/Bernkastel (Monster Knowledge): This chimera is clearly the result of arcane experimentation. Chimeras that exist in the natural world do not grow this large, nor are they nearly as vicious. This level 12 solo brute is a gargantuan natural magical beast. It possesses darkvision, and its thick hide is resistant to the three elements of breath which it possesses (it has resist 10 fire/cold/lightning). This powerful beast, unlike a natural chimera, possesses three breath weapons, one for each head. Each head also has a unique array of attacks, and the three act both independently and in concert during battle. Its wings grant it an awkward form of flight, and it mostly uses it to aid in its jumps (it has speed 8 and fly speed 10 (clumsy).

The dhorme chimera is a super-breed of chimeras said to have first been created by the wizard Halastar Blackcloak, and many have sought to replicate his work. The chimeras themselves are short-lived and infertile, and thus even escaped beasts are uncommon encounters. The lion's head is known to leave behind the salt accumulations as described earlier, in order to fuel and create its fiery breath. The blue dragon head produces its own lightning breath naturally, and the ram's head possess a powerful freezing enchantment.

>> No. 75072 edit
File 140124646577.png - (29.75KB , 100x258 , ber_yagi1.png )
75072
>>75071
"It doesn't seem like a natural creature at all, but I can see fire, ice, and lightning spirits around it. It's three enemies in one, and it breathes and resists those elements."

While the shaman relays information, the storm archon spirit from the last adventure picks up her spear and hurls it at the beast, charged with its own energy.

Move action: Reorient the Axis. Torinn could move closer to the chimera and apply his aura. Also, spirit companion to M-24, elevation 1.
Standard action: Relentless Wounding + Bracers of Mental Might. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4515750/
- On a hit: Allies do wis mod (+5) power bonus extra damage against the target until the end of the encounter.

Save vs. slow (7) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4515768/


Last edited at 14/05/27(Tue)20:38:07
>> No. 75073 edit
Shift to J-K/31-32
>> No. 75074 edit
File 140125073054.png - (1.43MB , 1010x670 , forkJ.png )
75074
The shaman begins conjuring various spirits as she speaks, wind spirits guiding her allies to better positioning while a storm archon charges her spear and hurls it into the chimera. Though it's a glancing strike that merely grazes one of the ram head's horns, there is a crack of thunder as it connects that reverberates in the weapons and implements of her allies, supercharging them.

The dragon retaliates and lowers itself close to the ground, then burps out a sphere of contained electricity. At the same time, Myn hears a crack of thunder over his head, and thin tether of electricity forms, connecting Myn to the sphere. With a gesture, the serpentine head sends the sphere rolling across the ground, and it is drawn unerringly towards the warlock. When it moves close to the unfortunate gnome, it suddenly pulsates, overwhelming him with a burst of lightning that leaves the artificer quite frazzled.

Sid puts some distance between himself and the chimera, then suddenly snaps back to his senses, calling out, "Great googly-moogly, watch out! That lightning ball is gonna keep being drawn towards you! We need to stay out of it's path" Pointing to the chimera, the artificer tries to quickly summarize the threat is poses, "It has a limited capacity to use its breath weapon, and it varies greatly depending on which head breathes! When it is wounded, it becomes even more threatening! Expect another sphere and more pools of ice when we wound it!"

Bernkastel uses reorient the axis, Torinn and Sid both shift.
Bernkastel uses relentless wounding, which hits the dhorme chimera for 16 damage. Until the end of the encounter, her allies gain a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against the dhorme chimera.
The dhorme chimera uses dragon's cacophony, placing an electrostatic mark on Myn, and then conjuring a cacophony in an adjacent square not adjacent to any enemy. It then uses a move action to move it 4 squares towards Myn, and when it moves into a square adjacent to Sid, it attacks, hitting for 17 lightning damage, and is dazed (save ends). This attack is conjuration-based and ignores defender aura and marks.
Sid moves. Sid makes chimera knowledge check: http://orokos.com/roll/197292 (32)
Sid saves against dazed. http://orokos.com/roll/197298 (10)


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-20) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 63/76 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-31/32) 27/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-24) 44/70 HP, prone, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (N-23) 49/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, slowed (save ends)
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (C-25) 57/71 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, dazed (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-24, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (L/O-28/31) -16 HP
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Knowledge of the chimera is arcana or nature.
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
>> No. 75076 edit
>>75074
"Varies, how?" calls the shaman, shivering slightly.

Last edited at 14/05/28(Wed)02:33:55
>> No. 75077 edit
File 140129708486.png - (33.56KB , 128x128 , Chimera.png )
75077
Sid does his best to explain the intricacies of the breath in as few words as he can. He also emphasizes just how deadly the beast grows when wounded.

The chimera's breath is an attack that recharges on a roll of a 6 on a d6 (it has a chance to recharge on each of the chimera's turns). It is a close blast 5, but its effect varies depending on which of the chimera's turns it is used on. On the lion's turn, it is a vs. Reflex attack that deals fire damage plus ongoing fire damage, with half damage (no ongoing) on a miss. On the ram's turn, it is a vs. Fortitude attack that deals cold damage and immobilizes (save ends) on a hit, half damage and slowed (save ends) on a miss. On the dragon's turn, it is a vs. Reflex attack that deals lightning damage and dazes (save ends) on a hit, and half damage and the target can't take opportunity actions (save ends) on a miss.

When the chimera is bloodied, it recharges the encounter powers lion's roar, ram's keeper, and dragon's cacophony and uses each in succession. While bloodied the chimera can use triumvirate once per round, which allows it to use lion's bite, ram's gore, and dragon's bolt all as part of the same standard action.

>> No. 75078 edit
File 129901401690.png - (86.35KB , 320x240 , 129900221076.png )
75078
Sureiya stands up and regains his composure. He throws a glance to the gargantuan creature and finds a soft spot in its hide. Even thought his movement is hindered, he reaches the chimera and slashes it once.
Stand up with a minor action
Hunter's quarry against the only monster
Charge with marauder's rush (32, 25) http://orokos.com/roll/197452

>> No. 75080 edit
File 140132405534.png - (1.43MB , 1010x670 , forkK.png )
75080
Though Sureiya feels the chill of the icy zone, but it isn't enough to overcome his graceful magic boots, which propel him to his feet long enough for him to fixate on the chimera, then charge headlong towards the beast, slashing heavily with one of his two blades. Though the blade doesn't manage to pierce the chimera's hide, he does slice off some of the hairs of the lion's mane as it jerks away from his sword and growls at the half-orc angrily.

Sureiya takes 5 cold damage and is slowed (save ends).
Sureiya stands and places his quarry on the dhorme chimera. He then charges with marauder's rush, and hits for 25 damage. He fails save against being slowed.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-20) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 63/76 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-31/32) 27/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-27) 39/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (N-23) 49/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, slowed (save ends)
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (C-25) 62/71 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls, dazed (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-24, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (L/O-28/31) -41 HP
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
>> No. 75081 edit
Torinn rears back and blasts the chimera with lightning as he invokes the power of his faith. His holy symbol glows brilliantly, forcing the creature to fight on his terms. He quickly draws his sword and slashes at it, bellowing, "You may not harm them!"
Dragon breath : http://orokos.com/roll/197525 (26, 8) and the chimera is now sanctioned until end of my next turn
Symbol of the Champion's Code daily power : Until the end of my next turn, the chimera cannot make attacks that include any targets other than me
Free action : Take out Sunblade
Standard action : Valiant Strike + Holy Smite (http://orokos.com/roll/197527 34, 27) and the chimera is dazed

>> No. 75082 edit
File 140132998883.png - (1.43MB , 1010x670 , forkL.png )
75082
Torinn breathes lightning on the chimera, provoking it into whirl its attention firmly on the paladin. He calmly raises his holy symbol, which glows brilliantly and enchants the chimera, forcing its perception to dim for all creatures other than the dragonborn. Torinn puts his symbol away before drawing his sword and slashing down with divine purpose guiding his blade, and the beast rears up to avoid being totally skewered, yet is still seared by the blade's radiance and left momentarily dazed.

Even as the chimera bobs in stupor, the lion's head clumsily lunges and bites at Torinn, Rutger snarling as it shifts to the side to bring the paladin out of the path of its gigantic teeth. Though Torinn feels his scales get singed slightly by the embers that trail in the chimera's wake as it draws its head back, the worst of the blow was clearly avoided.

Torinn uses dragon breath, which hits for 8 lightning damage and the chimera is sanctioned until the end of Torinn's next turn.
Torinn uses symbol of the champion's code, so the chimera can't make attacks that include enemies other than Torinn as a target.
Torinn uses valiant strike with holy smite, which hits for 18 damage plus 9 holy damage, and the chimera is dazed.
The dhorme chimera uses lion's bite on Torinn but misses for 5 fire damage. It then ends the daze with action recovery.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (H-20) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 58/76 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-31/32) 27/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-27) 39/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, slowed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (N-23) 49/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, slowed (save ends)
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (C-25) 62/71 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls, dazed (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-24, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (L/O-28/31) -76 HP, can't make attacks that include targets other than Torinn, sanctioned
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
>> No. 75083 edit
Seeking retribution for the static ruining his hair, Myn engulfs the creature's heads in a swarm of chompshadows.


Move action: Move to N-21.
Standard action: Cast Hunger of Hadar, centered at O-31 elevation 3.
Minor action: Curse Chimera.

>> No. 75084 edit
File 140134290975.png - (1.23MB , 1010x670 , forkM.png )
75084
Myn moves away from the very loud sphere of lightning that closes on his position, and mutters a curse before gesturing to the air to conjure a dark void in the space above the chimera, that seems to war and twist its winds and upper body, and even the tops of the three heads. The chimera roars in frustration and stumbles forward, trying to get out of the zone even as its energy is drained into the void and it is again seared by Torinn's holy radiance. Once clear of the dragonborn and the half-orc, the beast lunges to the southern wall and whirls around, wounded by very clearly now angry.

Myn moves. Myn uses hunger of hadar, creating a zone in a burst 1 above the chimera.
Myn places his warlock's curse on the chimera.
The dhorme chimera begins in the hunger of hadar zone and takes 13 necrotic damage. http://orokos.com/roll/197561
It then shifts, taking 12 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance. It then moves.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-21) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 58/76 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-31/32) 27/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-27) 39/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, slowed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (N-23) 49/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, slowed (save ends)
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (C-25) 62/71 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-24, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -99 HP, can't make attacks that include targets other than Torinn, sanctioned, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's quarry
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75085 edit
File 130467051454.jpg - (39.79KB , 233x172 , mb2.jpg )
75085
"Mr. N, where are you aiming that?" criticizes the shaman as the chimera strolls out of the void.

I think I need to take 3 more damage for starting my turn.

Move action: Walk to M-25, SC next to Myn.
Standard action: Spirit Infusion for Myn. He can shift a square, too, if he wants.
Minor action: Call SC to R-30, elevation 4.

Saving throw vs. slow (12) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4516945/


Last edited at 14/05/29(Thu)01:11:45
>> No. 75086 edit
>>75085

"As you can see, I've cornered it."

Myn redeems himself entirely with a particularly strong attack.

Attack: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4516948/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4516949/

Shift to O-20.


Last edited at 14/05/29(Thu)01:13:20
>> No. 75087 edit
File 135154066113.png - (192.28KB , 661x477 , kan_odorokia2b.png )
75087
"Where are you going?"
The ranger reacts to the chimera's escape and doesn't allows it to run uninjured.
Battle awareness with inevitable strike, should be 24 damage.
http://orokos.com/roll/197574

>> No. 75088 edit
File 140138662581.png - (1.23MB , 1010x670 , forkN.png )
75088
As the chimera stumbles away, Sureiya takes advantage of its weakness to slash at it--so quickly that an afterimage of the half-orc's sword appears, making it look as though two attacks struck the chimera simultaneously.

The shaman shivers as she escapes the ice, but her spirit infuses itself briefly into Myn as she does so, and guided by the spirits, the beam that lances from his finger strikes the chimera solidly on the ram's forehead. It bleats in pain and thrashes wildly as the dragon's eyes burn with hatred as it focuses its gaze on Torinn. A massive torrent of lightning bursts from the dragon's maw, completely engulfing the paladin and causing his body to momentarily seize up as it courses through his metal armor and burning flesh. The dragonborn gasps as it subsides, but finds blood leaking from his eyes and mouth.

Noticing Torinn's predicament, Sid holds out his hand and conjures one of his infusion canisters, then tosses it over at the paladin. It oozes a gas that revitalizes and galvanizes the cavalier, and the artificer moves up behind him and calls to Sureiya, "I have a plan! Close with the chimera, but try and stay to the west of it! Don't get in front!"

Sureiya's melee basic attack with inevitable strike from battle awareness deals 26 damage.
Bernkastel takes 3 cold damage (reduced from 5).
Bernkastel moves and moves her spirit. Bernkastel uses spirit infusion, and Myn's eldritch blast hits for 30 damage[b/]. Bernkastel uses [b]call spirit companion.
Bernkastel saves against being slowed.
The dhorme chimera scores a critical hit on Torinn with dragon's bolt for 29 lightning damage. The dragon's head moves its cacophony.
Sid moves. Sid uses resistive formula on Torinn, Torinn gains a +1 power bonus to AC until the end of the encounter. Torinn can end this bonus as a free action to gain 28 temporary hit points. Sid readies an action to use gale-force infusion on Sureiya when he moves adjacent to the chimera.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-21) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 29/76 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, resistive formula (+1 power AC)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-31/32) 27/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-27) 39/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, slowed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-25) 46/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-30) 62/71 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (R-30, Elevation 4)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -157 HP, can't make attacks that include targets other than Torinn, sanctioned, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's quarry
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75089 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
75089
The ranger throws a glance to see and replies with a simple "Got it!"
Then he moves as instructed, still being somewhat slowed from the cold breath from before, and slashes the chimera twice. Unaware of Sid's plan, the ranger continues his assault, swinging his left blade again.
Move to Q-28
Twin strike! (should be 30 damage in total) Chimera gets -2 to all attacks against me until end of next turn.
Off-hand strike! (23 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/197690
http://orokos.com/roll/197692


Last edited at 14/05/29(Thu)13:20:50
>> No. 75090 edit
File 140139565715.png - (1.23MB , 1010x670 , forkO.png )
75090
Sureiya hops into position, and Sid looses a bolt that explodes just over the half-orc's head, letting loose a storm of wind that encircles the ranger and boosts his protection. It momentarily pulses outward, attempting to force the chimera forwards, but the chimera holds fast and digs its claws into the earth, resisting it and provoking a "Confound it!" from the gnome.

Undeterred, Sureiya brandishes his blades and slices at the chimera, scoring cuts on its muscular front leg and one final slash that opens up an oozing wound in the beast's arm. It seems aware that it is being struck, but is unable to take its gaze off the paladin, and all six of its eyes blaze with hatred as it stares down the dragonborn.

Sureiya moves, and Sid's readied action triggers. He misses with gale-force infusion, and Sureiya gains a +6 power bonus to AC until the end of Sid's next turn.
Sureiya uses twin strike, hitting twice for 16 damage and 14 damage.
Sureiya uses off-hand strike, hitting for 23 damage.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-21) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 29/76 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, resistive formula (+1 power AC)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-31/32) 27/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-26) 39/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, +6 power to AC
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-25) 46/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-30) 62/71 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (R-30, Elevation 4)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -210 HP, can't make attacks that include targets other than Torinn, sanctioned, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's quarry
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75091 edit
Torinn finds the big zone of darkness distracting.

Move to P/Q 33/34
Miss with battle pounce : http://orokos.com/roll/197719
get THPs from resistive formula

>> No. 75092 edit
File 140140730999.png - (1.23MB , 1010x670 , forkP.png )
75092
Torinn's big cat lunges forward, but stumbles as it rebounds off the eastern wall and its claws don't get the grip necessary to sink into the chimera's hide. Free of the symbol's curse, fire begins to gather in the lion's maw, and it belches forth in the form of a rolling tide which washes over the paladin and his mount, leaving both looking worse for wear--Rutger extremely so, though the paladin's armor is now so hot that it continues to scorch him.

Torinn moves, and misses with Rutger's battle pounce. Torinn uses his resistive formula to gain 28 temporary hit points.
The dhorme chimera uses chimera's breath, which hits Torinn and Rutger for 25 fire damage, plus ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), Rutger reduces to 20.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-21) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 29/76 HP (Bloodied) + 3 THP, +5 power to damage rolls, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-31/32) 7/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-26) 39/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, +6 power to AC
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-25) 46/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-30) 62/71 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (R-30, Elevation 4)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -210 HP, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's quarry
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75093 edit
Myn flings his standard handful of worms at the creature, but they seem afraid of it.

Minor action: Sustain Hadar.
Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Chimera.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4518170/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4518171/ (27)

Move action: Move to S-19


Last edited at 14/05/29(Thu)22:51:21
>> No. 75094 edit
File 14014313749.png - (1.23MB , 1010x670 , forkQ.png )
75094
Myn continues to siphon power into his void zone, despite it not affecting the chimera currently, and as he moves further from the noisy lightning sphere he hurls his darkworms at the chimera, but it bats them away with a claw as it whirls on Torinn, the ram's head trying to bowl him over. The paladin deftly turns it aside with his shield, though a brief blast of cold still leaves him a bit weak in the knees.

Myn sustains hunger of hadar. Myn moves.
Myn misses the dhorme chimera with darkworm feast.
The dhorme chimera misses Torinn with ram's gore for 5 cold damage.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-19) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 27/76 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-31/32) 7/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-26) 39/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, +6 power to AC
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-25) 46/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-30) 62/71 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (R-30, Elevation 4)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -210 HP, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's quarry
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75095 edit
File 132978231090.png - (18.86KB , 158x118 , b2.png )
75095
>>75094
"The tiger won't last long!" informs the shaman. Her companion conjures earth spirits to dissuade further attacks against Torinn and Rutger, though admittedly, Sid's power undermines this somewhat.

Move action: M-28. SC next to Torinn and Rutger.
Minor action: Healing Spirit. Surge+2 for Torinn, 2d6+2 for Rutger. (9) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4518521/
Standard action: Granite Armor on Torinn. Wis+2 vs. AC. (miss) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4518524/
- SC disappears, and Torinn/Rutger can shift a square.

>> No. 75096 edit
File 14014728344.png - (1.24MB , 1010x670 , forkR.png )
75096
The shaman moves close enough to extend a healing spirit in Torinn's direction, as her companion drifts downwards to infuse Rutger with a bit of vitality. Torinn feels rather invigorated, and the chimera quickly realizes what is happening--its wounded prey is being restored! As the shaman's spirit disappears, augmenting Torinn's armor with an earthen sheen, the wily dragon head turns in "Bernkastel's" direction. Its eyes crackling with electricity, it arches high in order to breath a stream of lighting downwards upon both the shaman and the ranger--getting it seared by Torinn's radiance once again.

Despite this searing attack, however, both Bernkastel and Sureiya feel the lightning blister their skin and leave their senses overwhelmed. Both struggle to regain their concentration in the wake of the lightning breath, though Sureiya feels some of his strength quickly return as Torinn reaches towards the ailing half-orc.

Bernkastel moves her spirit.
Bernkastel uses healing spirit, Torinn spends a surge and regains 26 hit points, Rutger regains 9 hit points.
Bernkastel uses granite armor, granting Torinn resist 3 all until the end of her next turn. The attack portion misses, but Torinn can shift a square.
The dhorme chimera moves the cacophony.
The dhorme chimera uses chimera's breath, taking 12 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance. It hits Sureiya and Bernkastel for 24 lightning damage and both are dazed (save ends). Torinn's healing radiance allows Sureiya to regain 8 hit points. Bernkastel reduces it by 2. Both are bloodied and Sureiya gains 5 temporary hit points. Torinn's shield of devotion allows Sureiya to regain 5 hit points.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-19) 65/65, darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 53/76 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), resist 3 all
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (J/K-31/32) 16/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Q-26) 28/70 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, +5 power to damage rolls, +6 power to AC, dazed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-28) 24/63 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, dazed (save ends)
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-30) 62/71 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -222 HP, cursed (Myn), Sureiya's quarry
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75097 edit
File 13827575334.png - (2.32KB , 145x145 , bern113b.png )
75097
The shaman warns Sureiya of the incoming "Breath!" and an iron archon appears to infuse him, aiding in protection and retaliation.

Immediate interrupt: Powerful Warning for Sureiya. +2 power bonus to defenses against the attack, and he can make a MBA as a free action.
>> No. 75098 edit
File 140149276934.png - (1.24MB , 1010x670 , forkS.png )
75098
With a warning from the shaman, Sureiya manages to duck underneath the worst of the lightning breath and unleash a flurry of sword swipes on the chimera, striking the dragon head's exposed neck several times and splattering its blood on the ground. Quite wounded and staggered, the chimera retaliates viciously--a powerful roar from the lion's head first drives Sureiya and Torinn's big cat back. Then, the ram's head spits three shards of ice, which crash into the gathered adventurers and create more of the hazardous ice patches. The dragon's lightning coalesces into another one of the noisy spheres next to it, and a static tether forms to the distant artificer. In a rage, the lion and ram heads ineffectively try to bite at Sureiya and Torinn, but the dragon's head rights itself and shocks the shaman with one more lightning bolt from its maw.

Sid tosses another healing canister next to the shaman, her senses being restored as she breathes in the gas. He then moves away and tries to nail the chimera with a bolt, but it sticks ineffectively in the lion's mane. In a brief moment of rage, the artificer fires again, but the ram knocks the second bolt out of the air with its horns. Snapping out of the trance, Sid looks at his crossbow in frustration.

Sureiya's powerful warning-granted melee basic attack hits for 23 damage. http://orokos.com/roll/197998
Sureiya's disruptive strike scores a critical hit against the dhorme chimera for 33 damage, then the off-hand weapon attack crits for 38 damage. http://orokos.com/roll/197999 http://orokos.com/roll/198000 http://orokos.com/roll/198002 Disruptive Strike with the +2 power bonus to all defenses causes the chimera's breath to miss Sureiya. He is still bloodied briefly until Torinn's after-attack healing brings him back up.
The dhorme chimera is bloodied and uses triple threat. It first uses lion's roar, which hits Torinn for 16 damage but misses Rutger and Sureiya for 8 damage. Torinn reduces to 9 damage and Rutger reduces to 3 damage. Torinn is pushed 2 squares but reduces to 1 square, Sureiya is pushed 1 square.
The dhrome chimera as part of triple threat uses ram's keeper (3 attacks), hitting Torinn and Myn for 19 cold damage, critting Sureiya for 20 cold damage and missing Rutger. Torinn reduces to 12 cold damage. Then as part of triple threat, it places another electrostatic mark on Sid and conjures a second cacophony.
The dhorme chimera spends an action point! It uses triumvirate, missing Torinn with ram's gore for 5 cold damage (which is completely resisted), missing Sureiya with lion's bite for 5 fire damage, and hitting Bernkastel with dragon's bolt for 13 lightning damage (reduced to 11).
Sid uses swift mender on Bernkastel, granting her a saving throw. Bernkastel is no longer dazed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4519277/ Sid moves.
Sid uses magic weapon, but misses. http://orokos.com/roll/198007
Sid spends an action point! His magic weapon misses again http://orokos.com/roll/198008
It is now Sureiya's turn. He takes 5 cold damage and is slowed (save ends).


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-19) 46/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 30/76 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), resist 7 all
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Q/R-34/35) 13/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (P-27) 17/70 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, +6 power to AC, cannot take opportunity actions (save ends), slowed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-28) 13/63 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, dazed (save ends)
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-32) 62/71 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -316 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (H-24)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75099 edit
>>75098

"No sense in waste."

Immediate Reaction: Life Siphon off of Sureiya's damage.

Last edited at 14/05/30(Fri)21:32:33
>> No. 75100 edit
File 140153537445.jpg - (101.98KB , 1280x720 , nutbladder_kaiji_s2_-_23_468b03e6-mkv_snapshot_11-.jpg )
75100
Even without the shaman's interference, the ranger was in some kind of trance as well. Once he manages to focus again, he finds himself rather wounded and with his blades soaking a crimson substance. Knowing the beast won't stop unless killed, he request the paladin's assistance.
"Torinn! Distract it for a second!"
Delay after Torinn's turn.
Also, I request that Furious Assault is used during one of my previous crits, so it becomes a direct +10 damage.


Last edited at 14/05/31(Sat)04:24:16
>> No. 75101 edit
Fighting back the cold and the fire, Torinn moves adjacent to the hulking monstrosity again. He infuses his blade with radiant light that stabs at the creature before he follows through with a slash, growling "Stop trying to hide, you cur." After taking a moment to heal himself, the flames flicker and die.

Move to Q-R/33-34
Strike of Hope and Holy Smite, give Bern 10 THPS on hit : http://orokos.com/roll/198098 (25, 33)
Use restore vitality on self for surgeless heal and saving throw : http://orokos.com/roll/198099 (3)
saving throw : http://orokos.com/roll/198100 (15)

>> No. 75102 edit
With the Chimera distracted, Sureiya jumps into the fray and slashes the beast twice, however, his wounds deterred him and he didn't manage to surprise the wicked creature.
Move to R-28
Lashing leaves! For apparently two misses.
http://orokos.com/roll/198189

>> No. 75104 edit
File 140159750639.png - (1.24MB , 1010x670 , forkT.png )
75104
Myn absorbs a bit of Sureiya's lost vitality as Torinn moves across the icy ground to engage the chimera, smiting it with radiant energy even as his holy weapon inspires the shaman to keep in the fight. The chimera reels in pain as Sureiya closes the gap and lashes out with his swords, but the beast's thrashing prevents him from landing a solid hit, and Torinn again has to dodge out of the way of the lion's maw as it snaps at him.

Myn uses life siphon, he regains 5 hit points and gains a +2 power bonus to his next attack roll made before the end of his next turn.
Torinn takes 5 cold damage and is slowed (save ends), but resists the damage along with the ongoing fire damage.
Torinn moves, and his strike of hope hits for 33 radiant damage and the chimera is dazed. Bernkastel gains 10 temporary hit points.
Sureiya takes 5 cold damage and is slowed (save ends). Sureiya moves and uses lashing leaves but misses twice.
The dhorme chimera uses lion's bite but misses Torinn for 5 fire damage which he resists. The dazing effect ends.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16-1
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-19) 51/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark, +2 power to next attack roll
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 30/76 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, resist 7 all, slowed (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Q/R-33/34) 13/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls, slowed (save ends)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-28) 12/70 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, cannot take opportunity actions (save ends), slowed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-28) 13/63 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-32) 62/71 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -349 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (P-20)
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (Q-30)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75105 edit
Myn dislikes the cold.

Minor action: Curse Chimera.
Free action: Use two Gloves of Eldritch Admixture charges (acid).
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Chimera.
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4520702/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4520704/
Move action: Run to V-21.

Free action: Sustaining Cloak to sustain Hadar.
Saving throw:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4520764/


Last edited at 14/06/01(Sun)00:15:06
>> No. 75106 edit
File 140160663213.png - (1.11MB , 1010x670 , forkU.png )
75106
Myn curses the chimera once more, then levels his hands forward to channel psychic agony into the chimera's mind, bringing the power of his magic gloves to bear as well. He then breaks out in a dead run, struggling against the chill hindering his movement as he goes.

The ram's head manages to bash Torinn directly in the chest, though much of the blow is absorbed by his granite armor, as well as his magic boots and belt, which shimmer with energy that keeps him upright.

Myn starts in the zone and takes 5 cold damage and is slowed (save ends).
Myn curses the chimera. Myn uses shared agony
against the dhorme chimera with 2 charges of his gloves, hitting for 49 psychic and some acid damage. Myn runs, suffering a -5 penalty to attacks and granting CA until the start of his next turn.
The dhorme chimera hits Torinn with ram's gore for 13 damage (reduced to 6), he negates the push and uses his boots to negate the prone.

Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16-1
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (V-21) 46/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark, granting CA and -5 to attacks, slowed (save ends)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 24/76 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, resist 7 all, slowed (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Q/R-33/34) 13/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls, slowed (save ends)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-28) 12/70 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, cannot take opportunity actions (save ends), slowed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-28) 13/63 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-32) 62/71 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -398 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (P-20)
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (Q-30)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75107 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
75107
Despite wanting a moment to catch her breath, the shaman's taller spirit insists on pushing the attack, and she obliges.

Minor action: Inspiring Word for Sureiya. Surge+12 healing. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4520768/
Minor action: Spirit of Athas next to the chimera.
Standard action: Spirit of Athas attacks the chimera. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4520770/

>> No. 75108 edit
File 140163834275.png - (1.24MB , 1010x670 , forkV.png )
75108
Bernkastel calls out to the spirits to aid Sureiya once more, and while she does so her elemental spirit reappears briefly before striking at the chimera with its spiritual scythe, leaving it vulnerable to attack. sid targets the weakness the spirit just exposed and manages to finally land a bolt on the dragon's neck. As the attack hits, the chimera's body is briefly highlighted and gleams in sync with Sid's crossbow, displaying all of the beast's weak points to the party. Sid then scampers to the east and tosses his second healing infusion capsule towards Torinn, its vapors leaking out and strengthening the paladin.

Myn fails save against slow.
Bernkastel uses inspiring word, and Sureiya regains 30 hit points via spending a surge. Bernkastel summons her elemental spirit.
Bernkastel uses the spirit of athas attack, which hits for 24 damage. The chimera takes a -2 penalty to attacks and defenses until the end of her next turn.
The dragon's head moves both the cacophonies.
Sid uses magic weapon and hits the chimera for 18 damage only because of spirit of athas attack. http://orokos.com/roll/198246 Sid uses his targeting crossbow power, until the end of his next turn, you all can roll twice and use either roll when rolling attacks against the chimera.
Sid moves. Sid uses resistive formula on Torinn. Torinn gains a +1 power bonus to AC which he can end as a free action to gain 28 temporary hit points.
Torinn begins his turn in the zone and takes 5 cold damage.


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16-1
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (V-21) 46/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark, granting CA and -5 to attacks, slowed (save ends)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 24/76 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls, slowed (save ends), +1 power to AC (resistive formula)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Q/R-33/34) 13/38 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls, slowed (save ends)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-28) 42/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, cannot take opportunity actions (save ends), slowed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-28) 13/63 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-37) 62/71 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -450 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, -2 to attacks and all defenses, targeting crossbow effect
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (T-22)
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (M-31)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75109 edit
"Nice whiff," Torinn snorts. "Now let me show you what a real strike looks like." Channeling holy power through his weapon, Torinn delivers a satisfying slash to the chimera that cleaves through hide and bone.

Change damage to radiant (just because)
Strike of Hope, give Rutger 10 THPs : http://orokos.com/roll/198256 (crit)
Damage : http://orokos.com/roll/198257 (26)
Saving throw : http://orokos.com/roll/198258 (10)
Use resistive formula to get 24 THPs

>> No. 75110 edit
File 140164915566.png - (1.24MB , 1010x670 , forkW.png )
75110
Torinn's blade glows brilliantly as he strikes a savage blow, stabbing the lion head directly between the eyes and sending the chimera reeling. It is staggered and looks to be barely conscious at this point. Rutger takes a deep breath and rights itself, looking somewhat more resolved to finish the fight.

Torinn uses strike of hope, which crits the dhorme chimera for 26 radiant damage. Rutger gains 10 temporary hit points.
Torinn uses resistive formula to gain 28 temporary hit points. Torinn saves against being slowed.
Sureiya takes 5 cold damage and is slowed (save ends).


Initiative
Dhorme Chimera (Ram's Head): 30
Bernkastel (Voyager): 25
Dhorme Chiemra (Dragon's Head): 20
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 18
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 16
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16-1
Dhorme Chimera (Lion's Head): 10
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (V-21) 46/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark, granting CA and -5 to attacks, slowed (save ends)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 19/76 HP (Bloodied) + 24 THP, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Q/R-33/34) 13/38 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls, slowed (save ends)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-28) 37/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, cannot take opportunity actions (save ends), slowed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-28) 13/63 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-37) 62/71 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -476 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, -2 to attacks and all defenses, targeting crossbow effect
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (T-22)
Dragon's Cacophony (Conjuration): (M-31)

Notes
Entering one of the zones of ice or beginning your turn in one inflicts 5 cold damage and you are slowed (save ends).
On the dragon's turn, it can move the cacophony towards a target afflicted by the electrostatic mark. If it moves into a square adjacent to an enemy, it attacks the enemy, dealing lightning damage and dazing on a hit.
Myn's hunger of hadar zone at elevation 3 deals 2d10+7 damage to creatures that begin their turns in the zone or enter the zone. It also blocks line of sight.
>> No. 75112 edit
"So, what was the riddle, again?"
The ranger moves outside of the freezing cold terrain and jumps, swinging twice his already soaked blades, finding very little resistance from the beast.
Shift to S-8
Twin strike, with no crit but one hit for 26 and the other for 16.
http://orokos.com/roll/198348

>> No. 75114 edit
File 140168958648.png - (1.24MB , 1010x670 , forkX.png )
75114
Sureiya rises from the lingering cold and stabs the chimera once, then twice, directly in both of the ram's eyes. The lion head roars, the dragon head wilts, the beast staggers, and it falls over, very much dead. At the same moment, the icy ground turns to steam, and the cacophonies dissipate completely.

Sureiya's twin strike hits twice and kills the dhorme chimera.

Surges Spent in Combat
Torinn: 1
Sureiya: 1
Sid uses both healing infusions.

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (V-21) 46/65, darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark, granting CA and -5 to attacks, slowed (save ends)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 33/76 HP (Bloodied) + 24 THP, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Q/R-33/34) 13/38 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, +5 power to damage rolls, slowed (save ends)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (R-28) 37/70 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, cannot take opportunity actions (save ends), slowed (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (M-28) 13/63 HP (Bloodied) + 10 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-37) 62/71 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage rolls, electrostatic mark
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)

Enemies
Dhorme Chimera (Enemy): (R/U-29/32) -518 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, -2 to attacks and all defenses, targeting crossbow effect DEAD
>> No. 75117 edit
Torinn takes time to survey the damages and comes to a conclusion : "That went rather well, all things considered."
>> No. 75118 edit
Seeing everyone assumed his clever question was rhetoric, the ranger adds.
"Well, the shaman and your tiger are quite wounded. It seems our opponents have gone easy on Sid for now, that's nice of them."
>> No. 75119 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75119
The shaman places the battle standard, and Sid wanders over, muttering to himself, "Well, that could have gone better."
>> No. 75120 edit
spend one surge
>> No. 75122 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75122
>>75121
Taking a full ten minutes, roughly the party takes a breather and the shaman dishes out some healing. Meanwhile, Sid tinkers with his infusions, calling on the warlock to donate some of his energy reserves as well as his own, and muttering some arcane words, life-force transfers from the two to the two canisters the artificer holds. Tucking them away, he tinkers briefly with his magic crossbow, then requests the paladin's holy symbol. Placing the symbol in the palm of one hand, the gnome holds his other hand over it, chanting until an arcane sigil appears over the holy symbol of Bahamut. The gnome then uses his hand to physically manipulate the sigil, turning it this way and that, and matching up the pattern until power returns to it. He then returns it to Torinn and asks, "All done! Where to now?"

Everyone is at full except Rutger, who is at 25/38. Torinn could restore to full via resummoning. Sid will donate at least one surge for an infusion, need to know if Myn will also.
>> No. 75124 edit
Torinn thanks Sid for his help, and the shaman for keeping him alive in the last fight. With the only clear path being forward, Torinn lights up his blade and leads the group on ahead.

maximum light on sunblade
go through passage chimera came out of

>> No. 75125 edit
"Lets inspect the tunnel where this beast appeared" the ranger suggest.
>> No. 75126 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
75126
>>75119
"Mr. Sid, I'll need some time to prepare better healing. Do you have any quick rituals to help with recovery?"
>> No. 75127 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75127
Sid nods and replies enthusiastically, "Of course! But I need conduits for performing the ritual--it will be a bit draining, though I can reinvigorate anyone you wish!" With that, the gnome kneels to the ground and begins drawing a ritual circle in chalk.

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 65/65, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 76/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): 31/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): 70/70 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): 71/71 HP

Surges Spent (Encounter and Short Rest)
Torinn: 4
Myn: 1
Sid: 3 (+1 more if using Comrade's Succor)
Sureiya: 5
Bernkastel: 2
>> No. 75128 edit
Myn volunteers his surges, for his shields require meat.
>> No. 75130 edit
File 140235726980.png - (723.87KB , 1010x670 , forkY.png )
75130
Once Sid completes the ritual, the party has a more even distribution of remaining vitality.

Surges Remaining

Torinn: 7
Sureiya: 6
Bernkastel: 5
Sid: 5
Myn: 4

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 65/65, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 76/76 HP
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): 31/38 HP, resist 5 all when mounted
Sureiya (Anonkun): 70/70 HP
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): 63/63 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): 71/71 HP

To the west, the tunnel the chimera came from appears to fork. The southern fork, however appears to be a dead end. There is a much larger passage leading downwards into darkness ahead of you--the sunrod only reveals a tunnel-like passage that remains about twenty to twenty-five feet in diameter that gradually slopes down.
>> No. 75131 edit
"Ah, that's much better. Now let's keep going, we're making our host wait."
Feeling full of energy once again, Sureiya motions the party to continue, and walks to explore the path from where the Chimera appeared a while ago.
>> No. 75134 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75134
Sureiya leads the group down the tunnel. It's not even an hour of walking before you come to something interesting--an opening into what seems to be a much larger cavern. Even as you exit the tunnel and enter into the cavern proper, you cannot light all of it--you cannot even see the ceiling above you. The rock here is hard and mostly dry, and about the only noticeable feature of the room are rocky pillars that jut up from the ground here and there, in apparently random formations. They do nevertheless appear to be natural formations of stone, as the "pillars" may actually be over-sized stalagmites. As you progress further forward into the cavern, heading east and staying near the eastern cavern wall (from which you cannot see a western wall), you begin to see what appears to be cave spiders and webs hanging between the stalagmites.

Finally, you encounter something that gives you pause--in the distance, it would appear there is some sort of man-made structure that fills the cavern. All you can see at this distance is what looks to be a platform of worked stone that fills the entire eastern wall of this cavern, which has since narrowed to be about fifty feet across, though you still can't see a ceiling. Beyond the platform is what appears to be the outer wall of a tower-like structure that has been constructed here in the Underdark. This stone, unlike the grayish natural stone, is a deep violet with painted green rims, and in the approximate center of the wall is what appears to be the remains of a heavy wood gate that was apparently smashed through. In fact, it would appear that this entire structure has seen better days, as you draw closer you can see cracks in the structure's exterior, and there is what seems to have been a silvery shield-like decoration with a white spider motif on it that has been split in two hanging above the gate.

Sid looks very nervous as you examine this, standing about fifty feet out from the structure itself. There don't appear to be any exterior windows, at least not that you can see at this height.
>> No. 75135 edit
"Rather morbid, isn't it?"
>> No. 75136 edit
"Hey, isn't that suspicious?"
The ranger moves close enough to the shield-like decoration so he can inspect it a little more closely.
Dungeoneering: (27) GGBU6A
>> No. 75137 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75137
Sureiya: (Dungeoneering) This ornament is definitely drow in origin.
>> No. 75138 edit
"This symbol is most likely drow, but I have no idea why I'm so sure about it."
Sureiya investigates around and looks for any endangering or interesting feature of the cave. In the meanwhile, he also address the artificer.
"You aren't looking very good. Did the ritual left you tired?"
Perception (crit: 34) http://orokos.com/roll/200218

Last edited at 14/06/10(Tue)17:36:59
>> No. 75139 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75139
"Well, it's just... you know, drow typically aren't very friendly," Sid comments, trying to gesture casually and failing.

Sureiya (Perception): Examining the scene for details reveals no evidence of traps, though there is plenty evidence of battle. You see scoring on the stone and ground, and the door was clearly broken through deliberately--it didn't just collapse due to neglect. The battle doesn't appear terribly recent, and if you had to place a guess, you'd say the battle happened more than a month ago.
>> No. 75140 edit
>>75139
"We've met some in the fire leyline mission, and they weren't completely unreasonable." The shaman takes out some of her notes. "The priestess was called Pellanistra."

Spirit of Vigor temporary HP (4) for anyone without THP, except me.

Last edited at 14/06/10(Tue)18:49:09
>> No. 75141 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
75141
"Ah, I remember now. They weren't bad with us, but honestly I was a little afraid we would be betrayed at the last minute. I guess not all of them are like they paint em'.

Anyway, about this place. A fight was most likely the reason of the mess around here. From the looks I would say it was at least 3 weeks ago."
>> No. 75142 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
75142
>>75141
"We didn't give them the time to betray us," points out the shaman.

"Still, should we look inside?"
>> No. 75143 edit
Myn has mixed feelings about the drow.

"While they clearly have better taste in residence, they remain filthy elves."

Myn lobs his imp at the structure as he calls out a few instructions.


"I would imagine little worse to be found in there than what we have already passed, Mister Sid. In any case, I will investigate the interior."


Move up next to wall.
Have imp invisibly search the building until range limit is reached.

>> No. 75144 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
75144
The imp, somewhat used to being thrown around by now, catches itself in mid-air and flies in a crack in the rubble--which will need to be cleared if the adventurers intend to enter the tower. Scouting around for a few moments, it returns and reports to Myn that there's not much inside on the ground level other than rubble and corpses, but there appear to be stairs leading both downwards and upwards. "Looks like a drow corpse and two goblin corpses, boss. Pretty far decayed though."
>> No. 75145 edit
Sureiya approaches Myn, and looks at him, expecting to hear about the scout.
>> No. 75146 edit
>>75144
>>75145

"Perhaps I should start launching him with a crossbow."

"There appears to be nothing on the ground floor, aside from the corpses of a drow and some goblins. The rate of decay implies that they've been here for some time, so I doubt there's much chance of danger."

Myn gestures towards the entrance, entrusting the clearing task to the party's manual labor division.
>> No. 75149 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
75149
"I guess you aren't fit for this kind of stuff" the ranger adds, as he works on the rubble moving.
Move things. Take ten.
>> No. 75150 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75150
It takes a bit of effort, but Sureiya is able to clear the gate wreckage from the entrance to the tower. It's dark inside, but Sureiya's sunrod-tipped helmet reveals an approximately fifty foot square room littered with debris, which appears to be the remnants of furniture. It would appear to be sparsely decorated, perhaps a dining area or meeting area. Slumped in one of the room's corners is a goblin corpse filled with arrows, and another lies face-down on the floor. The flesh of the corpses are rotting, and it doesn't smell terribly good. There's also a drow corpse that appears a bit fesher halfway down the stairwell that occupies the opposite end. You can't tell the cause of death from here, but it's clearly dead, as the corpse does show some signs of decay.
>> No. 75154 edit
File 140153537445.jpg - (101.98KB , 1280x720 , nutbladder_kaiji_s2_-_23_468b03e6-mkv_snapshot_11-.jpg )
75154
The ranger gives a fast inspection to the place and continues moving forward.
Perception (17) http://orokos.com/roll/200711
>> No. 75155 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75155
As Sureiya approaches the stairs, all he can tell is that the corpse near the stairs has battle wounds. Probably some sort of weapon attack, not projectile-based.
>> No. 75156 edit
"Could somebody examine those corpses? I cannot tell if they're dead, or merely pretending to be dead."
>> No. 75157 edit
File 14026875567.jpg - (155.25KB , 600x363 , 131077843627.jpg )
75157
"...they look pretty dead to me, but let me check."
The ranger gets close to one of the corpses and attempts to check its pulse, among other heal-related things.
Heal check (18) http://orokos.com/roll/200899
>> No. 75158 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75158
Sureiya can tell they are very clearly dead. However, at Sureiya's guess, the goblins died a long time before the drow, and it's probable they were actually undead before being killed.
>> No. 75159 edit
"I think the goblins were zombies already. And they aren't moving anymore."
>> No. 75160 edit
>>75159
Torinn finishes murmuring a prayer for the deceased and speaks up, "Then we should keep moving. No reason to linger here any longer."
>> No. 75161 edit
>>75160
"Down the stairs? Is this the way to the leyline?"

Perception (20) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4535831/
>> No. 75163 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75163
Bernkastel searches the room and turns it upside down, but aside from the corpses can't find much. It does look like the corpses haven't been disturbed much recently.

At the shaman's question, Sid checks the leyline finding device and reports, "Well... we need to go further down."
>> No. 75164 edit
"Let's keep moving."
Sureiya leads the party into the room after the stairs.
>> No. 75165 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75165
With their business in that room concluded, the party descend the stairs. Sid looks quite nervous by now. Rutger is having a bit of difficulty with the stairs, but manages to squeeze through all right, and once you reach the next level the room beyond is more spacious and inviting.

Here, you see two alcoves carved into walls flanking what appears to be a somewhat damaged set of heavy, reinforced wooden double-doors. The alcoves are filled, one with the statue of a female drow, and the other with the statue of some sort of spider-like part-humanoid monstrosity. There is no furniture in this room to speak of, though there is a large circle etched on the ground and accented with red spatters here.
>> No. 75166 edit
>>75165

It's magicist to assume that all circles must have arcane significance. The sinister Myn therefore does so.

Arcana check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4536211/
>> No. 75167 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75167
Strangely, Myn finds no arcane significance to this magic circle. However, he believes that it may have a similar, religious significance.
>> No. 75168 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
75168
Why are we down here?

Religion (25) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4536777/
Perception (33) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4536781/
Dungeoneering (23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4536783/

>> No. 75169 edit
File 131732236215.png - (81.62KB , 291x478 , ka_defa2.png )
75169
"That's rather creepy..."
Dungeoneering: (20) http://orokos.com/roll/201243
>> No. 75170 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75170
Sureiya doesn't notice anything in particular except that drow do commonly associate with spiders, so a statue of a vaguely spider-like creature enshrined in a drow fortification would not be particularly unusual. Bernkastel recognizes this as a shrine to Lolth, the drow goddess, and was probably used for ritual sacrifice.

The doors are quite thick, but Bernkastel though she heard some faint, muffled sounds on the other side.
>> No. 75171 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
75171
"There's a faint sound coming from the other side of the door. I think the next challenge's is right there" says the ranger, before placing his magic spyglass inside his bag.
Perception: (29) I asked rin and I heard it too. Did it to speed up things a little. http://orokos.com/roll/201249
>> No. 75173 edit
Torinn doesn't know much about Lloth.

history check to identify/learn more about relics : http://orokos.com/roll/201363 (14)
>> No. 75174 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75174
Torinn doesn't really know the drow goddess very well.
>> No. 75175 edit
Silently, the ranger opens the door, expecting another fight on the other room.
>> No. 75181 edit
Sure enough, it looks like the party is about to be thrown into battle once more!
>>75180
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason