[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 140710913158.jpg - (46.38KB , 640x360 , CastleZvahlKeep.jpg )
75553 No. 75553 edit
As each adventurer passes through the portal, the imp breathes a sigh of relief to avoid being thrown through again. The passage is tumultuous, and each finds his or herself briefly isolated and hurling through an emptiness before being suddenly deposited in an alien landscape.

The sky in the Shadowfell is a constant cloud cover, with a pale sun that just barely peeks over the horizon, providing scarce illumination to anything other than itself. You find yourself on what appears to be a rampart made of black, marble-like stone. The diameter of this rampart is about 30 feet, and with a raised barrier of about five feet on either side that is tipped at regular intervals with enormous, jagged spikes. The sky above you is gray, and a mist hangs heavily in the air, partially obscuring your vision over long distances. Despite that, you can see a massive structure directly in front of you, a few hundred feet down the rampart, dominating the skyline. It appears a towering citadel surrounded by walls, tipped with the same jagged spikes that line the rampart you currently stand upon. Indeed, the rampart appears to join into the wall a few hundred feet ahead of you. The walls themselves are a short distance from what appears to be the keep itself, which is comprised of several connected towers. The castle is set against a mountain range, and indeed the walls appear to join into a large, incredibly steep mountain with a jagged tip.

The mountain range extends in both directions, to your immediate right and beyond the castle, as far as the eye can see. Directly behind you is one such mountain comprising the range, and the swirling portal sits awkwardly in its side. The walls of the keep connect 4 watch towers that sit apart from the keep, and behind the keep, connected by a bridge and set into the mountain itself, is a taller, imposing tower. It's difficult to tell at this distance, but there appears to be something glowing and pulsing in the mountain very near the tower. The walls, however, do not connect to this tower or the bridge--the bridge is quite a bit further upward. Looking over the edge of the rampart, you can see that the ground is several hundred feet below. The sides of the rampart are jagged and irregular in pattern, promising a treacherous climb, possibly with hidden surprises along the way. You also believe you can see the outlines of hundreds or more humanoids gathered below--at this distance, you can tell little aside from the fact that they are likely gray-skinned and wearing black armor. Certainly, they do not appear to be the army that was gathered in Mithral Hall.

"That is it--the Fell Keep..." says Gallard.

As the group steps out onto the rampart, Elayne suddenly pauses for a moment, then announces, "Please hold on, I'm getting a sending." After a few seconds, she turns to face the group and says, "It was Halvangh. He's quite relieved that I'm all right. Do you have anything you wish for me to tell him? He's gathered with the rest of the army somewhere out there--presumably over the horizon." She gestures to the left, in the direction of the sun.
Expand all images
>> No. 75555 edit
>>75553
The shaman hops on Rutger again. "Our position, that we have Mr. Gallard's skull, and that we've picked up Mr. Ramuh?"
>> No. 75556 edit
File 140713091182.png - (36.33KB , 128x128 , owlbear.png )
75556
Myn's sharp half-elven unperceptive ears manage to pick up a strange hooting from the direction of the mountains. His keen average eyesight next detects a mass fur and feathers that bounds across the rampart until sliding to a stop at his feet. The young owlbear sniffs around for a moment before attempting to snap at the book imp, while Myn observes passively.
>> No. 75557 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
75557
The imp is a bit too quick for the owlbear. Sid and Elayne seems somewhat befuddled by the owlbear's sudden appearance, and Elayne hastily begins to reply to the Sending, saying, "We are on the northern edge of the ramparts. Joined by a revenant ally. Have Gallard's spirit trapped in skull. Come stealthily pickup if possible."
>> No. 75558 edit
File 131050860887.png - (90.76KB , 214x370 , bern86.png )
75558
>>75556

oh right I should roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4594435/

Last edited at 14/08/03(Sun)22:59:25
>> No. 75559 edit
File 136596309956.png - (45.54KB , 234x280 , kanon_derp_gogo.png )
75559
Just as the ranger attempts to take a peek to his spyglass, a huge owl-thing appears next to the group, completely distracting Sureiya.
Perception (16) http://orokos.com/roll/211926
>> No. 75560 edit
A wind begins to howl over the ramparts as the party stands, regarding the owlbear.

>>75558
Bernkastel: (Owlbear Lore) This is very clearly a tame owlbear, and as such the creature's usual fierce temperament and voracious appetite are not as much of a concern. Its smaller size suggests that it is a young owlbear, and its appearance makes it as native to the Feywild. They are often trained by goblins in the Feywild to serve as battle companions. Sometimes they are rescued by beings of other races and become companions to them as well.

>>75559
Sureiya: (Perception) Sureiya can see that the humanoids gathered below appear to be primarily shadar-kai, with a few dark-skinned orcs holding staffs mixed in. The humanoids appear to be gathered around cooking fires and tents, and racks of weapons stand nearby each small gathering. They look like they are waiting for something.
>> No. 75561 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
75561
>>75560
The shaman steps off Rutger to observe the owlbear, and her spirit companion appears next to it, too. "Is this yours?" the shaman asks Myn.
>> No. 75562 edit
>>75561

"I would be loathe to consider any creature the property of another, Miss Bernkastel."

Myn speaks monotonously as he continues to dangle the imp above the animal.

"However, I did encounter this one when I entered the Feywild briefly in the past. It is strange to see it here."
>> No. 75563 edit
File 138604060573.png - (3.79KB , 52x98 , bern115.png )
75563
>>75562
"I see. The Feywild?" The shaman uses her magic gloves to make the beast not smell.
>> No. 75564 edit
>>75563

"Another plane such as this. My visit was short; I believe our new companion would be better suited to describe it than me."

Myn gestures towards Ramuh with the imp in his hand, the movement redoubling the creature's efforts to reach it.
>> No. 75565 edit
File 140713540244.jpg - (178.15KB , 668x691 , 1344034967944.jpg )
75565
"Then it's a friend of yours" the ranger concludes. "Well, I didn't expect to find any friend here."
>> No. 75566 edit
File 132978231090.png - (18.86KB , 158x118 , b2.png )
75566
>>75564
"Well, that's okay, since I get the idea. Can you tell us more about the owlbear, instead?" The shaman carefully tries petting it.
>> No. 75567 edit
>>75565

"Indeed."

>>75566

"From what I remember, it had a habit of dragging trees into caves. It should be reasonably useful in battle."

The owlbear accepts the contact and groots softly, but keeps the imp in its sight.
>> No. 75568 edit
File 130619839991.png - (3.51KB , 56x106 , bern127b.png )
75568
>>75567
"How about a name?" the shaman asks, pulling out some jerky from her trail rations to feed it.

Last edited at 14/08/04(Mon)00:50:59
>> No. 75569 edit
>>75568

The creature's attention is finally caught, and it ravenously devours the offering. It seems likely that food had previously been scarce.

"I didn't previously bother with one, but I suppose convenience demands it. We can call it Apsaumbas."
>> No. 75570 edit
File 130420653277.png - (54.37KB , 517x300 , peek.png )
75570
>>75569
Surprised, the shaman takes out more for the owlbear.

"Any particular meaning to it?"
>> No. 75571 edit
>>75570

"I believe it's something similar to 'one who protects' in an old dialect. 'Apsa' is sufficient for short."

The owlbear scarcely avoids eating the shaman's hand in its enthusiasm.
>> No. 75572 edit
Ramuh regards the proceeds with further disinterest.

"Will they be retrieving us then?" he instead asks Elayne.
>> No. 75573 edit
File 136005273488.png - (36.49KB , 128x128 , eladrinfemale.png )
75573
Elayne pauses for a long moment, not looking Ramuh directly in the eye, then says, "Retrieving me, at least. I'm in no condition to fight; my implements and magic items have been taken. However, a silver dragon flying here to the ramparts is hardly subtle, and we shouldn't try for the multiple attempts it would take to ferry us all to the back lines."

Turning to face the group, Elayne says, "Halvangh is not large enough or strong enough to carry us all, and the forces arrayed there don't have other large fliers available to shuttle us. And when the silver dragon arrives, it's going to attract a lot of attention. Halvangh has told me also that he's no warrior."

"I see," Sid says, stroking his chin. "If some of us are going to be left behind anyway, we're better off with a larger group... that way we can accomplish something."

The eladrin female nods, "When Halvangh flies away, it will hopefully provide sufficient distraction for those here to infiltrate the Fell Keep. Once the battle begins in earnest, which I will push for when I return, I believe their attention will be focused outward rather than inward."

Sid looks a bit nervous as he says, "It sounds risky..."

"It is," Elayne confirms. "And if anyone has any alternate suggestions, now's a good time. It is a weighty task to ask of you all, I know."
>> No. 75574 edit
Ramuh has his doubts.

"My task hardly involved braving the depths of the Shadowfell..." the old man begins. "I was to seek an entry into the Shadowfell, a task which I have accomplished. These adventurers saved me when I was assailed, and I would gladly repay the favour by assisting them in this task, yet..."

He pauses for a moment, then continues, "I had caught wind that the adventurers worried for you and were intent on rescuing you. 'Elayne', yes? Have you shown gratitude to them yet for this act?"

Ramuh refrains from mentioning how outrageous it is to request such a mission from the group that just finished up saving Elayne and sealing the leyline. Not that any introductions had been in order, but the revenant is fairly sure this here be Elayne.
>> No. 75575 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75575
The eladrin seems taken aback, then replies, "W-well, of course! I am grateful! I do apologize... it was my own foolishness that led to this turn of events, and you have all risked much for my sake, even you, whom I barely know."

She seems pretty insistent on this matter, and seems to be addressing the group as a whole rather than Ramuh with the following, "I do apologize for not saying so earlier! My mind has been elsewhere since, and focused on the task at hand--but that is no excuse. You've all already faced much danger on the behalf of Baldur's Gate, Luruar, and the Arcanimus, and I'm proposing a plan that would put you in even more... and you have my thanks for that, for whatever it is worth now!"

"I will not stand by idly either, I can feed you intelligence from the back-lines via Sending magic. It was planned for me to handle similar matters originally anyway, once the attack was underway, and I'll see that you and yours receive every amount of support we can offer!" Elayne adds.
>> No. 75576 edit
File 131554170954.png - (114.98KB , 385x351 , 4719507b.png )
75576
>>75574
>>75575
The shaman looks up from the owlbear. "Right now, the Fell King's existence overshadows other concerns like gratitude, and they have little choice but to give us the task." Since they're incompetent. At least this time, they're upfront about the danger.

Oh, right.
"Does anyone know what happened to Ms. Thelkra?"

Last edited at 14/08/04(Mon)11:59:19
>> No. 75577 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75577
"...I don't know," Elayne admits. "But as soon as I get back, I'll try to find out."
>> No. 75578 edit
File 132820271150.png - (74.24KB , 527x442 , anon_point.png )
75578
Since beating Gallard, Sureiya has been rather quiet. Having the Fell King's warden to join our ranks was kind of awkward for him, but something different has been on his mind this whole time. Showtime is very soon now.

"Ramuh is free to go if he wants to" Sureiya says. "However, like the shaman says this is something more important than just another task or mission. As adventurers, we've confronted danger many times already, but waiting for us we had just some gold.
But this time, glory awaits us so long we return victorious!" the ranger exclaims, looking back at the cavalier.

Diplomacy aid another to Torinn (15) http://orokos.com/roll/212098
>> No. 75579 edit
Ramuh scoffs. "Sureiya, I should hope that the next time you willingly plunge yourself into the arms of danger, you will have a more worthwhile motive than 'glory'."
>> No. 75580 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
75580
>>75579
"It's also for the sake of peace, and also gold."
>> No. 75581 edit
File 130237257820.jpg - (41.05KB , 287x359 , sak_tough.jpg )
75581
Torinn speaks in a faraway voice."We've survived the hottest of fires," he says while looking at the most familiar members of the group "We've survived the coldest depths. We've survived the screeching winds. And we've survived the crushing earth. What, then, can the darkness hope to accomplish that the elements could not?"

With all that said, he gives a sobering warning : "If we succeed, none will remember. But if we fail, none will forget."

diplomacy : http://orokos.com/roll/212105 (27)
>> No. 75582 edit
File 131104581937.png - (117.74KB , 289x462 , bern76b.png )
75582
>>75581
The shaman paints the paladin's armor black to match his outlook. Prestidigitation.

"I think he's right, though. We'll be fine."

Last edited at 14/08/04(Mon)15:20:00
>> No. 75583 edit
Ramuh's eyes twinkle with amusement.

"I see. One clamours for promises of glory, another aims for peace and gold in equal measure, and the silent Paladin sees only despair." He eyes Myn and Sid. "The gnome's voice quivers with fear, and the warlock is as carefree as a newborn babe in the forest. These, then, the heroes that hope to bring peace to the realm by striking out against a powerful foe?"

The revenant laughs softly. "Child, are you not three-hundred years early to make auguries of obscurity? I cannot imagine bards passing up the opportunity to sing songs of a group so at odds with itself."
>> No. 75584 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75584
"W-well... great googly-moogly, I'm not gonna be caught piddling around in the backlines while all this is going on!" Sid exclaims suddenly, clenching a fist and taking a step forward. He elaborates enthusiastically, "I'm not the strongest fighter or most powerful mage, but I'm in! You'll have my support all the way!"

Elayne merely watches the drama unfold and places one hand idly on her face, saying, "Well, well. Perhaps... perhaps once Halvangh has carried me back, I can equip myself to better aid you. I'll do what I can to see that you receive some support, and I'll urge the armies to push their attack as soon as possible. The impression I got from Halvangh was that it was nearly time."

Briefly, Sureiya and Bernkastel hear a heavy beating of wings in the distance, piercing through the sounds of the howling wind. This is followed by the entire party hearing a commotion from below, and the humanoids gathered there being to swarm like so many irritated insects--grabbing weapons, shouting, and pointing. Turning your gaze to the east, you see a silver glint in the sky growing steadily larger.
>> No. 75585 edit
File 129875666734.png - (15.61KB , 217x157 , thatsthejoke.png )
75585
"For an old man you sure are fast to judge, Ramuh. Glory is just another motivation to fight this battle! I thought the most important reason was clear enough already." the ranger explains.

"Anyway, let's sneak in while we can. Elayne, please keep the contact with us."
>> No. 75586 edit
>>75583

"Do not mistake carefree and confident, Mister Ramuh. The trifling foes we've faced so far hardly inspire tension."

Myn pointedly avoids looking at the lich skull. The owlbear, however, licks at it as if searching for scraps of meat.
>> No. 75587 edit
File 138147525082.png - (3.10KB , 41x41 , bern130.png )
75587
>>75586
"Mr. N, can Apsa stay quiet for the mission, or should we leave it with Ms. Elayne?"

Last edited at 14/08/04(Mon)22:19:35
>> No. 75588 edit
>>75587

"No need to worry. It should follow my instructions well enough for that."
>> No. 75589 edit
>>75588
Tired of calling the owlbear an it, the shaman checks, finds Apsa is a she, and informs Myn.
>> No. 75590 edit
>>75589

Myn nods as the information immediately slips his mind.
>> No. 75591 edit
File 131752594194.png - (33.78KB , 128x128 , silver.png )
75591
"Back, you beast, there is no meat left on this skull!" says Gallard in protest.

Eventually, the form streaking towards you becomes that of a silver dragon--the form of which several of you have seen before: Havlangh, the Finder. He lands heavily on the ramparts directly in front of the ground, and his serpentine head regards you with a bit of fear, and he says, "Good to see you're all well! But I can't stay long, my landing here will no doubt soon draw attention to all of us!"

"Ah, Halvangh..." the skull says, in a tone suggesting nostalgia. "You never were the brave one. Yet it is pleasant to see you once again."

The silver dragon looks startled, and fixes his gaze on the talking skull. "G-Gallard? Is that you? What in the world happened?"

"We'll have time to discuss it later," Elayne says, even as she climbs up onto the dragon's back. Once there, she regards the skull herself, saying, "...he's changed a lot since we last knew him."

"...I suppose so," Halvangh replies, turning to face the group once more. "I must depart swiftly. Was there anything else?"

"I-I'm staying with them!" Sid announces.
>> No. 75592 edit
File 132447505226.png - (56.05KB , 160x223 , b1 (2).png )
75592
>>75591
"Hello, Mr. Halvangh. Any news from Ms. Thelkra?"
>> No. 75593 edit
File 130018229643.png - (45.36KB , 128x128 , thelkra.png )
75593
"Thelkra? Well, she's on a mission to infiltrate the keep," the dragon replies. "We're not trying to contact her, however, lest we distract her."
>> No. 75594 edit
File 129620679514.png - (13.95KB , 217x157 , kanonheh.png )
75594
"We should go as well then, can't let her have all of the fun" the ranger says, wishing a safe return to the Silver Dragon.
>> No. 75595 edit
File 131752594194.png - (33.78KB , 128x128 , silver.png )
75595
Halvangh gives the party a nod, and a "Good luck!" Elayne waves as the two of them lift off, just in time, as you see some gargoyle-ish figures lifting off from the top spires of the distant keep. Before leaving the area, the silver dragon drifts slightly towards the keep and rears back, blasting one of the towers with a massive ball of ice from its maw. A good portion of the top part of the tower freezes over completely, and the gargoyle-figures quickly swoop towards the dragon as it races off in the direction of the sun.

It would appear the diversion is well under way.
>> No. 75596 edit
File 132820197884.png - (275.95KB , 900x900 , 2012013101.png )
75596
"Follow me!" the ranger exclaims, seeing no one else is as excited about the mission as him.
Stealth and Perception (19 and 24) http://orokos.com/roll/212414
>> No. 75597 edit
File 129956272039.png - (87.97KB , 243x357 , spear.png )
75597
The shaman re-mounts Rutger. "Let's go, then."
>> No. 75598 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75598
As Sureiya stalks forward, he notices the humanoids gathered below are starting to organize and shift away from the walls themselves. There's a few more shapes in the distance that seem to be lifting off of the keep and flying into the distance, but it's quite difficult to see due to the darkness and mist that fills the skies. Once you get closer, you might get a clearer picture.
>> No. 75599 edit
"If we make haste, we might reach the insides of the keep while they're still confused with this mess!"
Stealth for group check (23) http://orokos.com/roll/212486
>> No. 75600 edit
Torinn tries to sneak around, but is extremely bad at it.
put away shield
Stealth roll : http://orokos.com/roll/212487 (6)

>> No. 75601 edit
Ramuh strides after Sureiya, not quite so much concerned with being stealthily. Thankfully the sorcerer's regular movements are already quiet...

Stealth check, nat 4 lol.
http://orokos.com/roll/212488

>> No. 75603 edit
Myn actually gets louder.

Stealth check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597261/
>> No. 75604 edit
Stealth (18) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597267/
>> No. 75605 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75605
Sid remains quite stealthy, being rather small. Though the group isn't the quietest group around, there is the rather large distraction involving a huge silver dragon flying around, freezing things with its icy breath. If you've been spotted, there's no indication of it. As you cross about three hundred feet you come to the section where the ramparts divide in two, and you realize that the ramparts are not actually connected to the keep itself.

Instead, there is a drop of about 100 feet to a ground level below, wherein lie a pair of buildings formed from the same marble-like black stone as the rest of the fortress. The gap between the outer walls and the keep walls appears to be about 60 feet. To either side of you, about 50 feet in either direction, are the two watch towers, and you can see that there are heavy, reinforced wooden doors set into the sides that would lead into the watch towers. To your left is the watch tower that was blasted by Halvangh, and to the right is an undisturbed watch tower. Below you, set into the rightmost walls is a gatehouse, and you can see another far in the distance in the opposite corner. Otherwise, what surrounds the keep at ground level appears to be an open courtyard that is only broken occasionally by lower walls that are only about four feet high, and appear more ornamental than anything, though being tipped with jagged spikes makes them appear dangerous. There is no sign of habitation, the air here is still and silent, and you spot no movement in the keep, or in the towers. There appear to be arrow slits that line the towers at regular intervals all the way up to the towers, and about 80 feet up are windows set into the towers just below the jagged roofs, set with black-tinted glass that appears impenetrable from the outside. Most of the windows on the left tower are completely covered in ice.
>> No. 75606 edit
Myn gestures meaningfully to the imp before pitching it at a tower.

Imp invisibly scout both towers to extent of range.
>> No. 75607 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
75607
The imp catches itself in mid-air, turns invisible and flutters over to one of the arrow slits in the left tower. It can't seem to fit inside but does do its best to look around, then it flies over to the right tower and repeats the process. Flying back to Myn, it turns visible again and reports, "Sounds like there's quite a commotion in the blasted tower, boss. The one that isn't blasted is all quiet like a tomb."
>> No. 75608 edit
>>75607

"The warmer tower appears to be the safer one."

Myn whispers as loudly as possible, as his stealth technique requires.
>> No. 75609 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
75609
>>75608
"I wonder how much safer, but I'm for using the tower," the shaman whispers her vote.

Actually, wait.
"Mr. Gallard, do you know anything about the towers?"

Last edited at 14/08/07(Thu)02:43:43
>> No. 75610 edit
File 140644621143.jpg - (100.87KB , 400x383 , demlich.jpg )
75610
"I'm afraid not... I did not make regular visits to the Fell Keep. Marquis Batym was in charge of the keep's security..." Gallard replies in his haunting, gravelly voice. "While they may lure many of the Fell King's minions to the field, Batym and his elite guard would, under no circumstances, abandon the keep..."
>> No. 75611 edit
"Well, and how about climbing down there? It seems desolated as well."
>> No. 75612 edit
>>75611
The shaman definitely looks reluctant. "Any reliable ideas?

Last edited at 14/08/08(Fri)12:04:27
>> No. 75613 edit
Myn is puzzled by the deliberation.

"The tower is quiet and has stairs, and we'd be an easy target if attacked while climbing. The choice should be clear."
>> No. 75614 edit
File 129930994422.png - (32.63KB , 200x200 , unlimitedsadworks.png )
75614
"...well I guess we should just speed up then" Sureiya says, admitting his defeat.
>> No. 75615 edit
Ramuh shakes his head.

"I would counsel climbing. It may be more arduous, but I am not apt to assume a watch tower would be abandoned so easily."
>> No. 75616 edit
File 132297885313.png - (17.23KB , 128x207 , eri3.png )
75616
"Maybe a coin toss?" suggests the shaman, unable to disagree with Ramuh and seeing Sid isn't participating.

Someone call it and roll if they agree, ok.

Last edited at 14/08/09(Sat)02:33:41
>> No. 75617 edit
"Why would one use a coin toss to pick the best route?" Ramuh is utterly puzzled. "This is not some walk through the park, or a leisurely outing. There is danger, and deciding on the least dangerous path is best done with reasoning, not with chance games. If we scale the cliffs and go on down, there is the opportunity to maintain our cover and stealth. If we enter the watch tower, there is a strong possibility that the guardians still exist. Do we gamble that they do not, and even if they do, that they cannot sound the alarm? Or do we attempt to bypass it completely? Such a choice must needs be made by people, not coins."
>> No. 75618 edit
>>75617

"Should the tower be occupied, my familiar will ensure we not walk into danger unaware. In the event that a large force is stationed, we need only retrace our steps and descend the wall. Even if a small guard is present, the mode of descent will be safer, and greater speed will lower the chance of a roaming sentry discovering our group."

Myn is the puzzledest.
>> No. 75619 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
75619
>>75617
"If said people are divided on valid merits and a decision needs to be made, there's little alternative other than to have an external factor choose for us."

Last edited at 14/08/09(Sat)12:42:13
>> No. 75621 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75621
Sid stays out of the debate, and nervously looks over the edge of the wall, looking none too eager to climb down on a rope.
>> No. 75622 edit
Torinn makes the decision for the group by leading Rutger, carrying the shaman, down the ravine. Perhaps he noticed what happened to his armor. Either way, he makes damn sure they don't fall.

climb down : http://orokos.com/roll/213383 (24)
>> No. 75623 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75623
Though the tiger seems a bit uncertain on the marble-like rock--whose texture is quite smooth--the wall itself has a rough pattern to it, and it's not difficult to climb down. It is, however, one hundred feet to the bottom, and the going is fairly slow. The others will need two ropes tied together to catch up.
>> No. 75624 edit
File 140770008999.jpg - (70.95KB , 640x480 , g.jpg )
75624
>>75623
The shaman does her best not to scream and/or die during the slow kidnapping. By some miracle, she manages, even without fainting.

Saved against screaming. (20) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4602186/

>> No. 75625 edit
"...I will need a second rope, please."
Once a nice soul offers the ranger another rope, Sureiya will tie them together and place set it firm on the ground, for everyone's else to climb down.
>> No. 75626 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75626
Sid offers the half-orc a 50-foot rope, still looking nervous about the idea of climbing 100 feet down.
>> No. 75627 edit
Myn immediately regrets his decision to climb, but perseveres.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4602707/

nvm take 10


Last edited at 14/08/10(Sun)18:29:09
>> No. 75628 edit
Sureiya readies the rope and says "You go first, I'll make sure the rope doesn't falter."
>> No. 75629 edit
Ramuh decides to descend as well, a bit surprised by the turn of events: the Warlock had been rather reasonable, and Ramuh had felt inclined to follow. Well, this works as well.

take 10 etc
>> No. 75630 edit
Pausing on the rope for a moment, Myn waves for his owlbear to follow.

Take 10 owlbear climb.
>> No. 75631 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75631
It takes a good long while for all of the adventurers to reach the bottom, but they remain undisturbed throughout the process. Which is rather strange, since you'd think that whatever was making noise in the tower when it was blasted would come out of the tower and notice you, but apparently not.

You're now in what appears to be a courtyard in the baileys of the keep. The fortress itself is directly in front of you, and its towering walls extend will into the misty sky overhead. To your right is one of the squat, windowless buildings. It appears to be a mere fifteen feet tall and about forty feet wide, and perhaps thirty feet deep. There is a metal door blocking entry into it, and there appears to be no other way inside. To the left, there is a maze-like path that remains easy to navigate, because the "maze" is comprised only of the four-foot high spiked walls that are set about eight feet apart, which appears to lead to the front of the keep as well as the western tower. The eastern tower appears to merge with the squat building, so it's possible the two are connected on the inside.
>> No. 75632 edit
File 140778772771.png - (166.13KB , 500x375 , ded.png )
75632
>>75631
The shaman eventually recovers her strength. Fuming, she begins whacking the paladin's head with her short spear.
>> No. 75633 edit
>>75632
The paladin is hilariously impassive about being beaten with a spear.
>> No. 75634 edit
>>75633
The shaman begins dual-wielding.
>> No. 75635 edit
>>75634
Torinn turns to face Bernkastel, flipping up the mask. His expression is tired. "Keep it up, I don't think they heard us sneaking around," he snarks.
>> No. 75636 edit
>>75635
Using the opportunity, the shaman jabs Torinn in the face with the butt of her javelin.
>> No. 75637 edit
>>75636
Torinn is hit in the nose and scowls at the shaman, then flips the mask back down.
>> No. 75638 edit
Ramuh decides this is the time to intervene.

"Quite enough of that. Leave your games for after we return."
>> No. 75639 edit
File 129645621258.png - (67.95KB , 510x519 , 12620999_p0.png )
75639
>>75638
The shaman also scowls, but stops hitting Torinn, instead casually turning his armor hot pink. Prestidigitation.
>> No. 75640 edit
Myn exercises his arm.

Imp invisibly scout to range limit.
>> No. 75641 edit
File 132820197884.png - (275.95KB , 900x900 , 2012013101.png )
75641
The ranger is too busy mentally laughing to pat attention to his surroundings.
"Those two have some kind of hate-love relationship, incidentally some more of the first than of the latter."
Perception (19) The ranger is too busy mentally laughing to pat attention to his surroundings.
>> No. 75642 edit
File 131005666672.png - (102.01KB , 213x284 , bern79.png )
75642
>>75641
The shaman pauses to glare at Sureiya, but wipes away her remaining tears with Mage Hand and begins adding flower patterns to Torinn's armor. Mage Hand, Prestidigitation.

Last edited at 14/08/12(Tue)15:11:07
>> No. 75643 edit
Torinn takes a deep breath, and then says in a calm, even voice, "We should keep going."
>> No. 75644 edit
Ramuh's respect for the group's sanity has plummeted.
>> No. 75645 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
75645
"Y-you know, we're about to..." Sid stammers, watching the shaman be completely spiteful. "We need to work together here if we're going to overcome what lies ahead! Th-this isn't going to be a stroll through the park, you know! There's six of us, going into a castle ruled by a megalomaniac with command over hundreds of violent sentient beings! We should be trying to work together!"

After a few moments, Myn's invisible imp returns and delivers its report, "If ya cut through the walls ahead, the front gate to the keep is right there around the keep's corner to the left. Maybe a hundred-fifty or so feet down the wall. Big place. In front is a large courtyard with a path leading to the gate that's lined with standin' torches. Overlookin' the gate, which looks to be made of heavy, reinforced wood, is a large balcony, some sixty feet up. Oh, and there's a rune on the gate. Think it needs a command word to open."

Sureiya's cursory examination of the area reveals largely what you see before, and an eerie silence. There are no sounds except those of the group talking to each other, and the wind.
>> No. 75646 edit
Disregarding the quarrel, Myn relays the imp's message, halting his abuse for a moment. The owlbear paws at Sid's leg, as if to question its exclusion from the group number.

"Perhaps we can try climbing again."
>> No. 75647 edit
"Is he really a megalomaniac?"
The ranger returns to his serious expression and talks to the shaman.

"Now, now. Your eyes are keener than mine, would you try to give a look around?" says while handling her the Douglass.
Take ten aid.another perception
>> No. 75648 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , look.jpg )
75648
>>75645
>>75647
"It was all I could do not to scream. Does that sound like working together?" replies the shaman.

Still, reminded of more relevant matters, the shaman conjures her spirit companion and turns their attention to the surroundings.


Take 10 Perception, aided by Sureiya; having the spirit companion look with its senses around corners, especially for other entrances. (25+2+3=30)

>>75646
Also, "No."

Last edited at 14/08/13(Wed)01:09:45
>> No. 75649 edit
File 140791733250.png - (28.49KB , 128x128 , spirittoken.png )
75649
The shaman sees no other entrances. High up on the keep walls (roughly 80-100 feet) there are narrow indentations that may be windows, though reaching them would be quite the challenge. It's difficult to tell exactly what they are from this distance.
>> No. 75650 edit
File 130688938861.jpg - (58.75KB , 276x226 , s06-07a.jpg )
75650
>>75649
"... If there's a secret door out here, it's too hard to find," the shaman concludes upon the spirit's return. "We may have to take our chances with the big door with the rune, though there exists the possibility of an underground entrance in one of the buildings. Still, climbing down that wall is not what the Fell King would have expected us to do when there are towers available." Short glare at Torinn here. "We may as well try the big door."

Last edited at 14/08/13(Wed)01:32:24
>> No. 75651 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
75651
"Let's give it a closer look" ,the ranger agrees, moving forward.

Last edited at 14/08/13(Wed)01:38:08
>> No. 75652 edit
File 131564322348.jpg - (44.80KB , 350x180 , mb12.jpg )
75652
>>75651
The shaman jabs at Torinn to follow.
>> No. 75653 edit
Myn follows, once again twirling the imp around. He can't afford to be outdone in abuse.
>> No. 75654 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75654
"It's certainly not making things better, your reactions..." Sid mumbles as he follows the group to the front of the castle. The imp complains rather loudly about the twirling, and the group makes quite a bit of racket as a result as it enters the front. Moving through the maze of low, spiked walls isn't too difficult, though it does take quite a bit of time.


You do finally approach the front of the keep about five minutes later, however, and find a path leading towards the door leading into the keep. Opposite the door about sixty feet are the outer walls of the keep, and a closed, enormous metal gate that leads out. The keep door is a tough-looking heavy wood reinforced with black iron, rounded at the top and nearly twenty feet high and fifteen feet wide. In the center is a large arcane sigil of sorts. The keep walls above the door slope backwards, and there is a balcony that leads to darkness about sixty feet above the door. The keep walls are accented by spikes that point upwards, jutting out from the sloped wall at irregular intervals. The path between the gate and the door is lined by torches that burn with a strange black fire, standing about eight feet tall. They appear to be made of a bronze-like metal and of a square design. The towers are now some two hundred feet away, and you can barely see where you came from because of the fog that has seemed to have grown ever-thicker as you approached the door, despite the presence of the burning torches.
>> No. 75655 edit
File 131539985557.jpg - (31.03KB , 120x115 , mb10.jpg )
75655
>>75654
"They're expecting us, anyway. We can look forward to a trap, but at this point, stealth shouldn't be the primary concern," the shaman tells Sid, though not too loudly.

"I don't suppose you can help open this, Mr. Gallard?"
>> No. 75656 edit
File 140644621143.jpg - (100.87KB , 400x383 , demlich.jpg )
75656
"Afraid not... I didn't make many trips to the Fell Keep, as I said before..." the talking skull replies. "But if you're expected, then I assume Batym will be paying us a visit soon..."
>> No. 75657 edit
If there's one thing Myn knows, it's apparently magic doors.

Arcana check for sigil:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4606104/
>> No. 75658 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75658
Myn would guess that you have enough combined magical power here between Ramuh, himself, and Sid to overpower the lock on this door, even without knowing the command word. It would, however, be a time-consuming process, taking roughly ten minutes.

It may also be possible to physically break down the door, though the heavy reinforcement on top of magical reinforcement would make it extremely difficult.
>> No. 75659 edit
"It seems that if we apply liberal arcane energies the perforation should take around ten minutes."

Myn neglects to mention the silly loud method.
>> No. 75660 edit
File 132443275617.jpg - (90.00KB , 243x302 , e35.jpg )
75660
>>75659
"I see. Please get started, then... What do we do in the meantime? Guess? Look around?"
>> No. 75661 edit
>>75660

"If you like. I should require the help of Mister Ramuh and Mister Sid, however."

Start magicking the door.
>> No. 75662 edit
"Better to stay alert in case anyone comes close, then."
Perception (23) http://orokos.com/roll/214211
>> No. 75663 edit
File 140805341222.png - (37.17KB , 199x682 , Enshrouding Candle.png )
75663
>>75662
The shaman takes out an unnaturally dimly lit candle from her bag, and gives it to Sureiya.

"Activate this, and it'll hide everyone nearby from sight and hearing until we take hostile action, it's moved or extinguished, or about 8 hours pass. It takes a long time to recharge, so please use it only if you judge we need to."

Enshrouding Candle. The item is a bit contradictory. It's an everburning candle that's dimmer than usual, which means it's always lit, but activating the item requires lighting it (again). I'll just assume it requires activation to become lit for the purposes of its magic, but sheds dim light all the time anyway.

>>75656
Then the shaman addresses the skull again. "What's this Mr. Batman like?"
>> No. 75664 edit
Ramuh joins Myn in using the magicks.
>> No. 75665 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
75665
"Ah... that sounds rather convenient" Sureiya says with a nod, accepting the candle. "I see you also paid a visit to the stores in Mithral Hall"
>> No. 75666 edit
File 140820562060.png - (754.25KB , 1010x670 , baileysA.png )
75666
The three arcane magicians begin to work on the door to the keep while Sureiya keeps a sharp lookout. It is the half-orc who thus first hears footsteps on the balcony overlooking the group. Quickly lighting the shrouding candle, Sureiya looks up just as the invisibility covers the group, making them undetectable for the time being. On the balcony above, he sees two shadowy humanoids walk out from the open doors leading into the keep and looking down upon the courtyard.

The first one to speak has a nearly colorless complexion, and is a male wearing spiked gauntlets, a black cowl, and with two curved blades at his sides. "Interesting... I wonder what we have here?"

The other--dark-gray skinned and wearing similar gauntlets, but in purple-and-red robes and wielding no visible weapon, also a male, replies, "Intruders, Viscount Bifrons. They believe they can hide from me, but I know they are attempting to remove the barrier on the front doors to the keep as we speak.."

As the two shadar-kai speak, Sureiya sees the faint outlines of flying shapes circling overhead. "Ah... that is Marquis Batym..." Gallard notes.

Viscount Bifrons adopts a gleeful grin as he says, "Oooh, how cowardly, hiding themselves like that! What fun! But to be messing with the door, they'd need to be directly in front of it, right, right?"

Batym gives a cool nod as he replies, "Indeed." You have been working at this spell for about five minutes, you'll need some more time if you want to finish removing it.

Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
>> No. 75667 edit
Noticing the interlopers, Ramuh says, "Myn, Sid, I will leave the door to you."

Then, the old man steps away from the door and out into the open, addressing the newly appeared duo.

"I am Ramuh, scion of Luruar. I do not seek violence, and do not seek to make foes where there are none. Might I hear your names?" the eladrin announces.

Move three squares left.

Diplomacy check: http://orokos.com/roll/214784
Forgot to add +1 from Myn's Group Diplomacy trait, so should be 26.


Last edited at 14/08/17(Sun)11:14:57
>> No. 75668 edit
File 14083156113.png - (76.22KB , 200x200 , bifrons.png )
75668
"None would approach the Fell Keep without reason. And you do not appear to seek to join us... however," as Batym replies, he gestures with one hand, and says, "Stand down for now, Bifrons."

The shadar-kai indicated calms himself slightly--he'd been working himself into a fighting stance and his hands were edging towards his blades, but looks somewhat disappointed. The other one continues, "I am Marquis Batym. In the unlikely event you are not attempting to deceive us... this is not a good time. The keep is under siege from enemies from afar. My lieutenant, Viscount Bifrons," the one called Batym indicates the other shadar-kai, then turns to him and says, "But in the event we are, in fact, being misled, go and prepare a suitable welcome in the entry hall."

Bifrons snorts and salutes--right fist over left breast--and turns, heading back into the keep. Batym returns his attention to the genasi that addressed him, "Now, where were we..."
>> No. 75669 edit
Ramuh shakes his head.

"Indeed, I have no intention of joining you, and I would not insult your intelligence by attempting deceit."

Ramuh rubs his beard slowly. "Still, I do not believe for one moment that all we should encounter must needs be enemies we must fight. Is there no possibility to broker peace among us, that even your King might agree to?"

http://orokos.com/roll/214874
>> No. 75670 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
75670
"...I just turned it on without thinking" the ranger admits. "So what are we doing now?"
>> No. 75671 edit
File 140835718551.png - (77.44KB , 200x200 , batym.png )
75671
"The Fell King will see no one at this time," Batym replies, pointing towards Ramuh. "Should you legitimately intend to negotiate with our lord, you will need to return at a less pressing time."

It's at this point that there is a large crashing sound behind the group as two stone humanoids crash into the ground, having dropped unceremoniously from the sky. Their features are vaguely devil-like, and their stones are made of skin, and they appear to be fully motionless--like statues. They are about six feet tall and posses large wings.

Knowledge of gargoyles is arcana.
>> No. 75672 edit
"I would think now is as good a time as any," Ramuh responds. "The arms of Baldur's Gate stand at your doorstep, eager to attack. Even if you do repel them, it does not come without loss. I would seek to speak with your King and seek possibility to resolve this without further bloodshed. I understand that your people have grievances against Luruar, and I would not abide simply burying your grievances by force of might.

"Even if the arms of Baldur's Gate win this battle, or you might win and lay waste to the lands yonder, doing so would only invite more grievances, and more youths intent on vengeance. Words are the stones that lay the path to understanding, and ambitions that do not end in killing and dying in turn."

http://orokos.com/roll/214876
>> No. 75673 edit
Myn peers at the tasteful decorations as he attempts to come up with a contingency for the geezer's inevitable failure.

Gargoyle arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4610716/
>> No. 75674 edit
File 140840552210.png - (825.15KB , 1010x670 , baileysB.png )
75674
"The decision is not mine to make. The Fell King has demanded that none disturb him at this time," Batym proclaims, waving a hand in a dismissive manner. "For you to have gotten this far means you are quite dangerous, and allowing you into the keep would be a gross violation of my duty. I suggest you turn back, for your own good."

Myn knows quite a bit about gargoyles.

Arcana (Monster Knowledge): These gargoyles are vicious, stealthy creatures that disguise themselves as statues before attacking. Though gargoyles are somewhat more intelligent than a normal animal, they possess little capacity for reason. They delight in cruelty, often tormenting and harrying creatures they could easily slay in a single blow. Often a gargoyle will turn itself to stone and wait for days or weeks for its preferred prey--sentient humanoids--to come by. A gargoyle desires little other than to torment, kill, and eat, though its simple mind leaves it vulnerable to being bound to powerful spellweavers or demons via magic or threats. A gargoyle rarely serves willingly, yet it is nigh-impossible to sway it away from the prospect of attacking sentient humanoids all the same. Gargoyles are elemental creatures born of the Elemental Chaos, and speak only primordial. Despite this, they are known to mock their prey as they wear them down with multiple raking attacks before finally delivering the killing stroke.

This particularly gargoyle appears slightly stronger than the average specimen (a level 10 lurker). It possesses great speed and is able to fly quite competently (it can walk 6 squares or fly 8 squares with the ability to hover). Gargoyles posses darkvision. While in stone form, it can sense subtle movements in the earth and is nigh-invulnerable (the gargoyle can assume its stone form as a standard action at-will, which lasts until it uses a minor action to end the stone form. While in stone form, it cannot take any action except to end the effect, and it has resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It also gains 5 temporary hit points at the start of each of its turns while in stone form. When it ends the stone form, it gains a huge bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn). Its vicious claws are its primary method of attack, and it utilizes them while swooping down upon enemies (claw is a melee basic attack with a reach of 1 that deals some damage. When it uses swoop attack, an at-will standard action, it flies up to its speed without provoking opportunity attacks and uses claw at the end of the move).

>> No. 75675 edit
Also shadar-kai arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4611184/
>> No. 75676 edit
Ramuh glances behind. Enemies to the rear, and enemies to the front, huh.

"On this point, I fear I must be obstinate. Returning and awaiting this war to run its course is unacceptable. By the time both sides are drenched in blood, there shall be no peace, except those won by might of force and suppression of wills. Is there yet no way to convince you to relent in this, and allow audience with your King?"

http://orokos.com/roll/215033
>> No. 75677 edit
File 140843167323.png - (36.50KB , 128x128 , gargoyle.png )
75677
"I believe we have nothing more to discuss," Batym says with conviction, raising one hand into the air. "I have given you ample warning. You must depart, or I will be forced to call upon the keep's defenses to repel you."

Myn (Monster Knowledge): Shadar-kai are shadow humanoids native to the Shadowfell. A fiery and some would say cruel people, the shadar-kai live in a constant struggle against the pall of apathy that weights heavily upon their race as the result of a continued existence on this plane. In order to fight the constant threat of stagnation, the shadar-kai often take the opposite extreme, seeing themselves as harbingers of change, death, and dissolution. They constantly seek new and extreme experiences, and ally themselves with others who have similar, extreme motives.

Most shadar-kai develop their ability to channel the raw energy of the Shadowfell and manifest some shadow-based power as a result, though many also embrace other forms of magic or martial prowess. The life of an adventurer or soldier is one that often appeals to the shadar-kai's love of intense sensations, both pleasure and pain. Batym in particular appears an exceptionally strong shadow mage, dangerous both at range and up close (a level 11 solo controller). Ruthless and efficient in combat, Batym poses an extraordinary threat.

>> No. 75678 edit
"Regrettable," Ramuh replies. "I much would have liked to do this without more enemies than necessary, but I see there is no other option. Very well then, I fear we can only put to the test our strength and demand audience by force of might."

So saying, Ramuh deigns not to strike first.

Grab weapon etc and get ready to fight.
>> No. 75679 edit
With negotiations breaking down, Torinn prepares for battle again.

Re-equip shield
>> No. 75680 edit
Myn whispers to the surrounding party members as he takes out his beloved fly figurine, summoning the creature beneath his feet.

"It should be possible to reach that balcony through my magic, but I'll need to fly up to enter the correct range. Once the bridge is in place, the rest of you should quickly enter it and take the enemy unawares."

Summon fly premounted. Spend healing surge to give THP.

Last edited at 14/08/19(Tue)19:38:23
>> No. 75681 edit
>>75680
That would have been nice to know. "The air spirits will help with quick entry. But if we must engage Mr. Batym now, maybe we should force him through your bridge, leaving him stranded here? Both Mr. Sid and Mr. Ramuh would be capable of it, I think."

The entire plan isn't finalized yet (need player feedback for the part about sliding Batym into the portal, especially since it may involve Ramuh if Sid fails, and we also need to inform him of the portal somehow or risk him being stuck on the ground), but for my part, I'm staying on Rutger and readying a Reorient the Axis with the trigger being Myn using Bridge of Shades.

"... By the way, Mr. N, is the lock on the door really the only ward?"

Last edited at 14/08/20(Wed)03:07:08
>> No. 75682 edit
"I will investigate. In the meantime, please attempt to contact Mister Ramuh in a clandestine manner."

Arcana check for detect magic:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613212/
>> No. 75683 edit
>>75682
"Okay. Can gargoyles read?"

Knowledge (15, nat 1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613220/

I do know what a gargoyle is, right?

>> No. 75684 edit
>>75683

"It's extremely unlikely."

Myn briefly relays gargoyle knowledge.
>> No. 75685 edit
When Myn (and maybe Sid?) confirms he detects no further wards, I'll use prestidigitation as outlined below.

The shaman writes a magic message for Ramuh on the wall (so Batym can't see, since he's on the other side) detailing the plan so far, using a hard-to-make-out-from-a-distance color. Prestidigitation.

Mr. Ramuh: Don't react
Opening portal to balcony soon
Using ugly fly
Enter + shove Mr. Bat through


Last edited at 14/08/20(Wed)03:52:41
>> No. 75686 edit
File 140856080150.png - (778.40KB , 1010x670 , baileysC.png )
75686
As both Ramuh and Myn have stopped assisting him, Sid stops fiddling with the ward on the door as well and looks back at the shaman, a bit confused. "Er, well, it appears to be the only ward on this door, of course. I can hardly guarantee such a thing, however..."
>> No. 75687 edit
"...you two are damn crazy" Sureiya concludes, preparing himself for the craziness.
>> No. 75688 edit
>>75686
"I didn't mean just the door," replies the shaman.
>> No. 75689 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75689
Myn: (Arcana) You don't detect any other active spells in your field of vision.

"Then I'm not sure what you're asking! I haven't seen any other magic worth pointing out at this point," Sid replies.
>> No. 75690 edit
Ramuh sees the message and is reminded his allies are, regrettably, insane.
>> No. 75691 edit
Assured of the party's preparedness, Myn briefly points out the intended portal entrance location before bursting upwards atop the fly. His invisibility dispelled, Myn wastes no time in linking the space between the gate and the balcony, summoning forth a shadowed pathway in the air.

Free action: Fly Fly to S/T-45/46 Elevation 5.
Minor action: Cast Bridge of Shades, targeting N-45(Elevation 0) and Y-46(Elevation 12).

>> No. 75692 edit
>>75691
In response, air spirits (apparently there are some here) appear immediately to aid the party's mobility.

Immediate reaction: Readied action, Reorient the Axis.

- New - On arrival, the shaman will call off the plan to force Batym through the portal.

Last edited at 14/08/21(Thu)02:19:53
>> No. 75694 edit
File 140867943316.png - (680.35KB , 1010x670 , baileysD.png )
75694
Myn swiftly flies into position on his ebony fly and opens a magical gateway between two nearby points in space. Batym is clearly started but doesn't even have time to say anything before the adventurers spring into action.

Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 17
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9 already acted this round

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Mounted) 70/70 darkspiral aura 0, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 82/82, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (K/L-45/46) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-44) 75/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Mounted) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (O-43) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (O-47) 77/77
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (L-44)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (S/T-45/46, Elevation 5) 14/14 HP + 17 THP
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (N-47) 35/35 HP

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (D-44)
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (D-47)
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (Z-46)

Notes
Myn's bridge of shades makes the two squares marked by black holes as adjacent to each other for the purposes of moving or making melee attacks. Moving from one square to the other is teleportation, although a creature doesn't need to be able to see the destination square.
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
>> No. 75695 edit
>>75694
Wait, he's flying that far away?

"Mr. Sid, I need to be closer to Mr. N before I call the air spirits. Others should hold off until then."
>> No. 75697 edit
Ramuh responds by blasting Batym with magic.

Thunder Bomb square adjacent to Batym.
Roll: http://orokos.com/roll/215984 (25 attack, 31 damage, slow on hit.)

>> No. 75698 edit
File 140875839588.png - (746.61KB , 1010x670 , baileysE.png )
75698
Ramuh conjures a sphere of thunderous energy and lobs it in Batym's direction. It strikes the lip of the balcony and explodes with a crack of thunder, leaving the shadar-kai rattled and disoriented.

"I'm on it!" Sid exclaims, pulling out a tube with a strange, black mixture inside. The gnome shakes the tube while simultaneously uncorking it, and the odd liquid spills all over his nearby allies, who find themselves suddenly sliding along the ground. The concoction sticks to their limbs and makes it easier to dodge incoming attacks.

Ramuh uses thunder bomb, hitting Marquis Batym for 31 thunder damage and he is slowed until the end of Ramuh's next turn..
Gargoyle 2 gains 5 temporary hit points and takes no actions.
Sid uses slick concoction, sliding Myn's owlbear, Sureiya, Torinn, Rutger, and Bernkasel. They all gain a +4 bonus to Reflex until the end of Sid's next turn.[/spoiler]

Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 17
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sureiya (Anonkun): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9 already acted this round

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Mounted) 70/70 darkspiral aura 0, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 82/82, resist 5 necrotic, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (M/N-46/47) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +4 Reflex
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-46) 75/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +4 Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Mounted) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +4 Reflex
Ramuh (Lili): (O-43) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (O-47) 77/77
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (L-44)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (S/T-45/46, Elevation 5) 14/14 HP + 17 THP
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (O-44) 35/35 HP, +4 Reflex

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (D-44)
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (D-47) + 5 THP
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (Z-46) -31 HP, slowed

Notes
Myn's bridge of shades makes the two squares marked by black holes as adjacent to each other for the purposes of moving or making melee attacks. Moving from one square to the other is teleportation, although a creature doesn't need to be able to see the destination square.
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
>> No. 75699 edit
delay as planned
>> No. 75700 edit
"Okay, that's close enough." The shaman conjures the air spirits as she meant to earlier, moving everyone.

On arrival and seeing the sealed door, though, "Never mind pushing Mr. Batym in. We'll just fight here."

Arcana: Batym (24) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4616354/

Move action: Reorient the Axis. Affects everyone, and SC through portal to Z-46, elevation 1 (above Batym)

Options:
> Torinn/Bern/Rutger: Shift 3 from exit
> Ramuh: Shift 2 from exit
> Sureiya: Shift 3 from exit
> Owlbear: Shift 3 from exit
> Myn: Shift 5 from where he is

Examples:
> Stack for Wrath of the Gods http://boonce.org/up/everyonestackforwrath.png
> No Wrath http://boonce.org/up/nostack.png

>> No. 75701 edit
Myn menaces the befuddled foe with a giant fly.

"Greetings, Mister Batym."

Shift to X/Y-41/42, balcony elevation.
>> No. 75702 edit
Ramuh stacks.

As Wrath of the Gods thingy.
>> No. 75703 edit
File 140891401815.png - (721.69KB , 1010x670 , baileysF.png )
75703
The paladin and ranger wait for a moment to allow the shaman's air spirits to guide them through the portal and into position, completely surrounding the startled Batym.

Torinn and Sureiya delay. Gargoyle 1 gains 5 temporary hit points and takes no actions.
Bernkatel uses reorient the axis, allowing the party members in range to shift 5 squares.
Voyager knows as much about Batym as Myn does.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 12-1
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-2
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9 already acted this round

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Mounted) 70/70 darkspiral aura 0, shadow walk
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 82/82, resist 5 necrotic, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Y/Z-44/45) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +4 Reflex
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AA-46) 75/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +4 Reflex
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Mounted) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +4 Reflex
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-45) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (AA-44) 77/77
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (L-44)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (X/Y-42/43, Elevation 12) 14/14 HP + 17 THP
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +4 Reflex

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (D-44) + 5 THP
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (D-47) + 5 THP
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (Z-46) -31 HP, slowed, surprised

Notes
Myn's bridge of shades makes the two squares marked by black holes as adjacent to each other for the purposes of moving or making melee attacks. Moving from one square to the other is teleportation, although a creature doesn't need to be able to see the destination square.
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 12.
>> No. 75704 edit
Torinn slashes at the air. A thunderclap echoes through the chamber as divine energy washes over the party, empowering them.

Wrath of the Gods
>> No. 75706 edit
File 140892528041.png - (471.20KB , 1221x828 , sureiya-1.png )
75706
"A proud guard would have never let us reach his master" the ranger asserts with a smirk. Before the shadow-man has a chance to turn back, Sureiya shifts to his side and slashes him twice, cutting the air with each swing. Then, Sureiya's sword commands him to make a third strike, leaving his target confused, sluggish and writhing in pain.
Standard action: Frenzied Skirmish! (A crit and a hit for 17 damage. The crit total damage is 48. Then the extra attack should hit for 21 damage.
Frenzied Skirmish leaves Batym dazed and slowed until the end of my next turn. Also, Harmony Blade's effect gives Batym a -2 penalty to attacks against Sureiya until the end of my next turn as well.)
http://orokos.com/roll/216415 http://orokos.com/roll/216416 http://orokos.com/roll/216422

>> No. 75707 edit
Ramuh, despite his age, is quick to react. The elder moves, unleashing the storm within; his power grows momentarily as he taps into this source of power, sending a striking bolt down at Batym.

Move to AB-49.
Minor: promise of storm, +1d8 damage until end of next turn
Standard: pinning bolt:
http://orokos.com/roll/216435
Free: used guidance of the past on that attack
On a hit, knock prone. 31 damage.


Last edited at 14/08/24(Sun)17:39:08
>> No. 75708 edit
File 140893687575.png - (715.79KB , 1010x670 , baileysG.png )
75708
Torinn's gesture calls down a divine blessing upon the party, who instantly feel the might of the gods surge through them and grant them greater strength. Sureiya takes advantage of this with a furious flurry of attacks, one of which nearly stabs the shadar-kai marquis through, leaving him off-balance and winded. Ramuh provides a finishing touch with a blast of lightning that bowls Batym over and leaves him flailing on the ground.

"You fools are so eager to rush headlong to your deaths..." Batym mutters. He then says something in a low voice--it's indecipherable, and clearly not language. However, at the sound of the string of sounds, the doors behind him swing open. "We'll meet again soon..." he says, reaching towards the doors from the ground and swinging them shut. As they close, the sigil glows brightly and reasserts itself, sealing the doors behind him.

Sid seems completely baffled by this turn of events as both gargoyles break their stone forms and fly low to the ground towards the door, pausing as they turn invisible passing through the radius of the candle. There is a pair of heavy thuds as they resume their stone form.

Torinn uses wrath of the gods, adjacent allies get a +5 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of the encounter.
Sureiya uses frenzied skirmish, which hits for 17 damage and crits for 48 damage. His extra attack hits for 21 damage. Batym is dazed and slowed and takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against Sureiya until the end of Sureiya's next turn.
Myn's bridge of shades ends.
Ramuh hits Batym with pinning bolt for 31 lightning damage and knocks him prone.
Marquis Batym speaks a command word to open the door. He uses shadow jaunt to teleport through the door and becomes insubstantial until the end of his next turn. As a minor action, he closes the door.
Gargoyle 2 ends the stoneform effect. It flies its fly speed and uses stoneform.
Sid delays.
Gargoyle 1 ends its stoneform effect. It then flies its fly speed and uses stoneform.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 12-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-3
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Mounted) 70/70 darkspiral aura 0, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 82/82, resist 5 necrotic, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Y/Z-44/45) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AA-46) 75/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Mounted) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-45) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (AA-44) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Z-46, Elevation 12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (X/Y-42/43, Elevation 11) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP, stoneform
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (L-44) + 5 THP, stoneform
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (M-45) -148 HP, dazed and slowed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, prone, insubstantial

Notes
Myn's bridge of shades makes the two squares marked by black holes as adjacent to each other for the purposes of moving or making melee attacks. Moving from one square to the other is teleportation, although a creature doesn't need to be able to see the destination square.
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
>> No. 75709 edit
>>75708
The shaman reacts to his escape by turning to the local spirits, dangerous as they may be.

"The password. Mr. N, did you hear it? Something like fhqwhgads."

Minor action: Speak with Spirits.
Standard action: Aid Myn with Bluff (21, success) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4618464/
Minor action: Dismiss SC.

>> No. 75710 edit
"Hey, come back here!" Sureiya exclaims, clearly agitated. The ranger then moves toward the door, slams it and keeps making a ruckus.
Move to AB-46
Bluff aid another Myn (10) http://orokos.com/roll/216497


Last edited at 14/08/25(Mon)02:01:41
>> No. 75711 edit
Torinn is being as unhelpful as ever, suggesting the wrong thing.

Bluff aid fail : http://orokos.com/roll/216510 (14)
>> No. 75712 edit
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh"

Super cool Myn garbles out some noises.

Bluff check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4618920/
>> No. 75713 edit
File 14089897214.png - (649.61KB , 1010x670 , baileysH.png )
75713
Bernkastel's communion with the spirit world is quite a bit more unnerving than it would be back in Toril, but she manages to provide spiritual aid to Myn nonetheless. Torinn and Sureiya are significantly less successful, only managing to be distractions to the warlock as he clumsily stumbles over an imitation of the command word uttered by Batym. The door stalwartly resists his efforts.

Bernkastel uses speak with spirits and aid another, succeeding to give Myn a bonus to his bluff check. She dismisses her spirit companion.
Sureiya moves and fails to aid another, giving Myn a penalty.
Torinn fails to aid another, giving Myn a penalty.
Myn's bluff check to try and imitate the command word fails.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 12-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-3
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Mounted) 70/70 darkspiral aura 0, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 82/82, resist 5 necrotic, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Y/Z-44/45) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AB-46) 75/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Mounted) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-45) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (AA-44) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (not present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (X/Y-42/43, Elevation 11) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP, stoneform
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (L-44) + 5 THP, stoneform
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (M-45) -148 HP, dazed and slowed, -2 to attacks against Sureiya, prone, insubstantial

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
>> No. 75714 edit
Ramuh instead liberally applies force of lightning to the door.

Standard: lightning strike against door.
http://orokos.com/roll/216581

Promise of storm expires.

>> No. 75715 edit
Torinn absorbs a blow intended for the scrawny fly.

Righteous Shield interrupt
>> No. 75716 edit
File 140901197451.png - (706.29KB , 1010x670 , baileysI.png )
75716
The genasi's blast of lightning doesn't budge the door much, though it seems a small amount of damage was dealt. Physical force would most likely be more effective in breaking it down.

Below you, you hear the keep doors open and shortly thereafter see Viscount Bifrons picking up the enshrouding candle. "What is this...?" he mutters, studying the magical item. Turning back towards the keep, he yells, "Get out here, you lot!"

One of the gargoyles again transforms and takes flight, this time moving up, up, and making a beeline towards Myn's ebony fly. Only Torinn's quickly-projected divine shield spares the creature from the granite claws of the fiend.

With something to attack now, Sid loads his crossbow with a flame-enchanted bolt and fires. Upon impact, the weapons and implements of his companions burst into flame--or at least they appear to, it seems to be a harmless visual effect, though the wielders can feel the fiery power that now courses through their armament.

The second gargoyle merely ends its stone form, then looks as though it's waiting for something to happen.

Ramuh uses lightning strike against the door. It has a minimal effect. A strength check would be more likely to work than trying to damage it through attacks.
Viscount Bifrons opens the doors to the keep. He moves and picks up the enshrouding candle.
Gargoyle 2 ends its stoneform as a minor action, then flies its speed. It then uses swoop attack to fly its speed without provoking opportunity attacks and at the end of the move it uses claw on Myn's fly, hitting for 38 damage. Torinn uses righteous shield, protecting the fly and being hit for 28 damage (reduced by 10).
Sid hits gargoyle 2 with burning weapons for 20 fire damage. Sid and his allies within 2 squares deal 5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks until the end of his next turn. Sid moves, then uses resistive formula on Torinn.
Gargoyle 1 ends its stone form and readies an action.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 12-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 12-3
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Mounted) 70/70 darkspiral aura 0, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 56/82, resist 5 necrotic, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 power bonus to next attack, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b], resistive formula (+1 power to AC, can end as a free action to gain 30 THP)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Y/Z-44/45) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AB-46) 75/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Mounted) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Ramuh (Lili): (AB-49) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-48) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (not present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (X/Y-42/43, Elevation 11) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP readied action
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -15 HP
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -148 HP, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (M-45)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
>> No. 75717 edit
>>75712
"That was really close to it, I think."

The shaman waits for Myn to curse something, wondering if they can somehow make use of the open gate.

Arcana, Bifrons. (17) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619344/

Delaying.


Last edited at 14/08/25(Mon)17:48:54
>> No. 75718 edit
File 130593838077.jpg - (175.49KB , 354x250 , sak_greatconqueror.jpg )
75718
>>75717
Turning around to look at his current passenger, Torinn starts barking orders. "You, stay here," he says to Bernkastel, motioning with his head for her to hop off. Looking now to Sureiya, he commands, "you, climb on. I'll bring you closer so you can hit that guy with your swords."

Delay until Bern is off and Sureiya is on Rutger
>> No. 75719 edit
Mentally exhausted from trying to replicate the babbling, even forcing himself to cough up blood isn't enough to allow Myn to attack the gargoyle properly.

Minor action: Curse Gargoyle 2.
Free actions: Shift diagonally upwards away from Gargoyle 2 and then fly to AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 1 above balcony.
Move action: Dismount at Z-43 on balcony.

Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Gargoyle 2.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619715/
(is actually 21 with prime shot)
Damage roll if somehow hits:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619717/ (+3 from mindbite scorn)
Attack reroll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619716/

Bifrons lore:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619725/


Last edited at 14/08/26(Tue)04:04:53
>> No. 75720 edit
>>75718
The shaman stares for a second, but does as Torinn says, along with sending an archon spirit to help Myn blast the nearby enemy.

Standard action: Direct the Strike for Myn. (If this actually kills the gargoyle, I'll have to choose something else for my spirit to do, but my dismounting should remain the same.)
Minor action: SC to AA-46, and 4 THP for Sureiya.
Move action: Dismount to AA-43. SC to V-42, elevation 11.

>> No. 75721 edit
>>75720

Receiving a reassuring pat on the back from his beloved fly, Myn recovers and solidly blows the gargoyle up.


Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619727/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619728/

>> No. 75722 edit
Arcana, Pikeneers? (17) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4620160/

>> No. 75723 edit
File 140908374072.png - (702.60KB , 1010x670 , baileysJ.png )
75723
Arcana (Knowledge checks) Myn realizes that Viscount Bifrons is a powerful shadar-kai skilled in the art of melee combat, though his crossbow offers him some reach at range (he is a level 11 elite skirmisher). Quite dangerous when wounded, Bifrons will attack with much greater ferocity (berserking grants Bifrons a +2 bonus to attack rolls and speed and a +5 bonus to damage rolls when bloodied). As Bifrons moves, he whirls his blades around him like a dervish, striking at anything nearby (the first time Bifrons enters a square adjacent to an enemy each turn, that enemy takes some damage). As for attacks, his short swords provide his standard melee attack, and his superior crossbow affords him a fairly long-range ranged attack that ignores penalties for cover and concealment.
When he strikes, though, he strikes with both blades (double attack allows Bifrons to make two short sword attacks as a standard action). Dashing across the battlefield, Bifrons can strike at any foe in his path (as a standard action, path of steel allows Bifrons to shift twice his speed, using short sword against up to three enemies at any point in the movement. Like all shadar-kai, Bifrons can jaunt away and become incorporal for a brief period (with a move action encounter power called shadow jaunt, Bifrons can teleport 3 squares and become insubstantial until the end of his next turn).
Ramuh can guess at the capabilities of the shadar-kai pikeneers--as level 10 soldiers, they are incredibly defensive and tend to fight in formation (as long as a shadar-kai pikeneer is within 2 squares of an ally, it gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and all defenses[/b). Their pike have a long reach and push enemies that they hit (the [b]pike grants a melee basic attack with a range of 2 that pushes an enemy 1 square). Their longbows offer an additional form of ranged attack. They are excellent at keeping enemies at bay using the superior reach of their pikes (repel is an opportunity action that allows the pikeneer to use pike against an enemy that enters an adjacent square without teleporting. If the attack hits, the enemy stops moving and must use a new action to resume moving). They also possess shadow jaunt.


As the party hesitates, three shadar-kai carrying pikes exit the keep, taking up positions around the battlefield below. As the assembled shadar-kai look up at the balcony, Bifrons sneers and says, "Looks like we'll have to bring down the balcony. Troops, hold fast until Batym arrives--he'll summon up Dark Spark to do it for us."

Myn's first attempt at blast the gargoyle with a surge of psychic energy fails, but a bit of spiritual guidance from the shaman corrects the problem--a solid eldritch blast from Myn's finger pierces it through. Cracks form around the hole where the warlock's beam pierced, and it staggers mid-flight, critically wounded though not yet out of the fight.

Torinn, Bernkastel, and Sureiya delay.
Shadar-kai pikeneers 1, 2, and 3 enter the battle. Shadar-kai pikeneer 1 closes the door behind him.
Myn moves and dismounts his ebony fly. Myn curses gargoyle 2 and misses it with shared agony, taking 6 damage from the reroll.
Bernkastel uses direct the strike, and Myn's eldritch blast hits the gargoyle for 51 damage, bloodying it.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-2
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-43) 64/70 darkspiral aura 0, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 56/82, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 power bonus to next attack, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b], resistive formula (+1 power to AC, can end as a free action to gain 30 THP)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Y/Z-44/45) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sureiya (Anonkun): (AB-46) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Ramuh (Lili): (AB-49) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-48) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (V-42, Elevation 11)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP readied action
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -66 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -148 HP, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (M-45)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (O-46)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (M-49)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (O-43)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
>> No. 75724 edit
Ramuh shares his guesses at the pikeneer's abilities with the rest of the crowd.

"I cannot help but think we would have been better able to deal with these foes had we been down below," he adds.
>> No. 75725 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
75725
Delay until Torinn comes adjacent. Also, bern and I strongly suggest for Astaroth to ready an action to charge the Gargole after Sureiya mounts Rutger.

Last edited at 14/08/27(Wed)00:43:35
>> No. 75726 edit
Torinn falls back towards Sureiya.

"Get ready."

Move to Z/AA-45/46
Ready action to charge to W/X-42/43 at whatever elevation


Last edited at 14/08/27(Wed)12:52:45
>> No. 75727 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
75727
Sureiya jumps unto the huge tiger.
Mount Rutger.
>> No. 75728 edit
File 140921219633.png - (635.16KB , 1010x670 , baileysK.png )
75728
Rutger steps back a bit, and Sureiya takes the opportunity to climb on, prompting the big cat to pounce!

Torinn moves and readies an action.
Sureiya mounts Rutger and triggers the readied action.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-43) 64/70 darkspiral aura 0, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 56/82, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 power bonus to next attack, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b], resistive formula (+1 power to AC, can end as a free action to gain 30 THP)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (Z/AA-44/45) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Ramuh (Lili): (AB-49) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-48) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (V-42, Elevation 11)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP readied action
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -66 HP (Bloodied), cursed (Myn)
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -148 HP, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (M-45)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (O-46)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (M-49)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (O-43)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
>> No. 75729 edit
File 13734351765.png - (30.10KB , 500x509 , lion warrior.png )
75729
With Sureiya secured, Torinn has Rutger roar and charge forward. The big cat kicks up stones and debris with its terrifying bounding stride, and then leaps over the edge of the tower!

Sword poised to strike, Torinn gives a few pithy words to the wounded gargoyle as the big cat hurtles towards it from above :
"Down you go!"

Rutger collides with the creature mid-flight and tenses up as Torinn delivers a fiery slash to the gargoyle. Using its corpse as a springboard, the big cat leaps off of it and returns to the safety of the wall with relative ease.

Torinn looks very pleased with himself.


Natural 20 athletics check : http://orokos.com/roll/217271 (43)
Charge to W/X-42/43 and attack Gargoyle 2 http://orokos.com/roll/217270 (36,22)

>> No. 75730 edit
File 140926947646.png - (525.56KB , 1010x670 , baileysL.png )
75730
Torinn's athletic maneuver sends the gargoyle crashing down onto the spiked wall, and it explodes into fiery shards of rock upon impact.

Torinn charges the gargoyle and hits with a melee basic attack for 22 damage, destroying the gargoyle.

Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-43) 64/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 56/82, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 power bonus to next attack, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b], resistive formula (+1 power to AC, can end as a free action to gain 30 THP)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-42/43, Elevation 8/9) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Ramuh (Lili): (AB-49) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-48) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (V-42, Elevation 11)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP readied action
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -148 HP, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (M-45)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (O-46)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (M-49)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (O-43)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
>> No. 75731 edit
"The guy wielding two swords, he's mine" Sureiya says to the cavalier, managing to hit once Bifrons with his boomerang-like ranged throw.
Ranged twin strike against Bifrons (one hit for 15 damage)
Perception check(22)
http://orokos.com/roll/217415 http://orokos.com/roll/217416

>> No. 75732 edit
File 140928905435.png - (669.15KB , 1010x670 , baileysM.png )
75732
Hurling his enchanted blade, Sureiya manages to graze one of Bifron's arms once, though he leaps out of the way of the sword as it whirls back towards Sureiya's hand. Bifrons snarls at the ranger, and reaches for his crossbow.

Sureiya's ranged twin strike misses Bifrons once and hits once for 15 damage.

Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-43) 64/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 56/82, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 power bonus to next attack, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b], resistive formula (+1 power to AC, can end as a free action to gain 30 THP)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-42/43, Elevation 8/9) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Ramuh (Lili): (AB-49) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-48) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (V-42, Elevation 11)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP readied action
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -148 HP, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (M-45), -15 HP
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (O-46)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (M-49)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (O-43)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
>> No. 75733 edit
Ramuh steps forward and blasts one of the pikers with lightning.

Move to Y-45, attack O-46 with lightning strike:
http://orokos.com/roll/217575

5 damage zaps onto Bifrons.

>> No. 75734 edit
Ramuh waits.

"Have we any method to bring us within range?" he asks, preparing himself for the worst. "We are merely awaiting a rain of arrows at this rate."

Total defence

Last edited at 14/08/29(Fri)13:04:05
>> No. 75735 edit
File 140942773143.png - (665.96KB , 1010x670 , baileysN.png )
75735
As Ramuh looks ready to defend himself, Sid replies, "L-let me see what I can do." Stowing his crossbow, Sid pulls out a hempen rope and a labeled container of some thick substance. Setting the rope against the raised lip of the balcony, the gnome ties off the end and uses the grayish substance to affix the tied-off portion to the surface. Holding it against the edge, he calls out, "It'll take some time to firm up and be safe for climbing, so hold on!"

As Bifrons exchanges his blades for his crossbow, Sid pulls out his rope. A bolt goes flying past Sureiya's head as the gnome drops the rope on the ground next to him.

"This isn't working," Bifrons growls. "Prepare to withdraw once Batym returns! We'll hold the keep against the invaders and let his pets deal with them..."

Ramuh uses total defense.
Viscount Bifrons sheathes his short swords and pulls out his crossbow. He attack Sureiya with it but misses.
Sid puts away his hand crossbow and pulls out a rope. He affixes it to the lip of the balcony with sovereign glue.
The gargoyle assumes its stoneform. The pikeneers adjust their formation and use total defense.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-43) 64/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, [orange]5 extra damage with fire and weapon attacks[/b]
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 56/82, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 power bonus to next attack, resistive formula (+1 power to AC, can end as a free action to gain 30 THP)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-42/43, Elevation 8/9) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Ramuh (Lili): (AB-49) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-48) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (V-42, Elevation 11)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP, stoneform
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -148 HP, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (M-45), -15 HP
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (O-48) +2 to all defenses
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (M-48) +2 to all defenses
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (O-45) +2 to all defenses

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. Currently it cannot be climbed, the glue sets at the end of Sid's next turn.

>> No. 75736 edit
Myn uselessly zips around on his fly.

Move action: Mount fly.
Free action: Fly to Q/R-44/45,Elevation 10.
Minor action: Curse Gargoyle 1.
Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Gargoyle 1.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4624743/

Free action: Fly to position at start of turn.

>> No. 75737 edit
>>75735
"You could come up here and fight us," calls the shaman. "That would work."

Spirit Infusion RBA for Sureiya.
Call SC above Bifrons.


Last edited at 14/08/30(Sat)14:04:16
>> No. 75738 edit
The ranger throws his bastard sword again, barely managing another hit.
RBA (25, 23 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/217836
>> No. 75739 edit
File 140943496578.png - (667.79KB , 1010x670 , baileysO.png )
75739
Climbing back onto his conjured fly, the warlock zips downward and curses the gargoyle, and tries ineffectively to conjure some worms in its stony exterior. Failing this, he returns to the balcony.

The shaman has more success with a spiritual infusion on Sureiya, as the half-orc's blade flies true and nicks the shadar-kai again in the shoulder. He staggers backwards as the blade flies back to Sureiya's hand, and the spirit reappears.

Myn mounts his fly, flies over and cursese the gargoyle. He then misses the gargoyle with darkworm feast and flies back.
Bernkastel uses spirit infusion, and Sureiya's ranged basic attack hits Bifrons for 23 damage. Bernkastel uses call spirit companion.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Mounted) 64/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 56/82, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 power bonus to next attack, resistive formula (+1 power to AC, can end as a free action to gain 30 THP)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (W/X-42/43, Elevation 8/9) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Ramuh (Lili): (AB-49) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-48) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-45, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP, stoneform, cursed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -148 HP, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (M-45), -43 HP
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (O-48) +2 to all defenses
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (M-48) +2 to all defenses
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (O-45) +2 to all defenses

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. Currently it cannot be climbed, the glue sets at the end of Sid's next turn.
>> No. 75740 edit
File 130593838077.jpg - (175.49KB , 354x250 , sak_greatconqueror.jpg )
75740
Because the enemies in the keep can't reach them, Torinn does the gracious thing and brings the fight to them. Rutger bounds down the steep slope with ease, bringing Torinn straight to the door. And in just the right position to slash a pike-bearing enemy with holy light.

Move and charge to P/Q-43/44
(http://orokos.com/roll/217840 40)
hit shadar-kai pikeneer 3 with charge + holy smite (http://orokos.com/roll/217839 34,26)

>> No. 75741 edit
File 140943914635.png - (672.77KB , 1010x670 , baileysP.png )
75741
"Enough of your ignorable taunts!" Bifrons cries as Torinn's mount charges down the wall. Clinging to the edge of the keep, Torinn's blade arcs down and strikes the nearest pikeneeer, its pike stabbing futility past the tiger. The shadar-kai warrior appears quite disoriented by the holy energy that discharges from the paladin.

Rutger climbs and charges the pikeneer, and Torinn's melee basic attack with holy smite hits for 26 damage, and the pikeneer is dazed. The pikeneer's repel misses Rutger.

Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Mounted) 64/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 56/82, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 power bonus to next attack, resistive formula (+1 power to AC, can end as a free action to gain 30 THP)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 41/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Ramuh (Lili): (AB-49) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-48) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-45, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Ebony Fly (Myn's Mount): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) 14/14 HP + 17 THP, +5 power to damage rolls
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (L-47) + 5 THP, stoneform, cursed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -148 HP, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (M-45), -43 HP
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (O-48) +2 to all defenses
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (M-48) +2 to all defenses
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (O-45) -26 HP, +2 to all defenses, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. Currently it cannot be climbed, the glue sets at the end of Sid's next turn.
>> No. 75742 edit
>>75741
"That wasn't a taunt. It's a fair compromise, right?"
>> No. 75743 edit
File 133969364379.png - (59.41KB , 330x442 , kan_ikaria2.png )
75743
Clearly excited from making a big jump riding a huge tiger, Sureiya faces the ranger-looking guy "Don't worry, we're down here!" he says, attacking the nearest enemy.
Quarry Pikener
Twin strike! (12 and 21 damage)
Off-hand strike! (22 damage)
Sureiya gets +1 to all defenses against target, and he gets -2 penalty to attacks against Sureiya. http://orokos.com/roll/217868 http://orokos.com/roll/217870


Last edited at 14/08/30(Sat)17:57:07
>> No. 75744 edit
Ramuh moves to the edge of the balcony and looks down at the fight. So this is what it feels like to look down on mortals.

Move to Y-47, Total Defence
>> No. 75745 edit
File 140950736655.png - (777.11KB , 1010x670 , baileysQ.png )
75745
Sureiya unleashes his twin blades on the nearby piker, scoring two solid hits before the shdar-kai manages to parry a strike. He's still leaking blood from its mouth and doesn't appear to be up to taking much more punishment. Bifrons leaps upwards and vanishes in a puff of smoke, reappearing next to the mounted pair of adventurers.

"Let us see how you handle this...!" he taunts, his half-corporeal form protecting him from Torinn's radiance as he dashes forward incredibly quickly, slashing at his foes in passing. Sureiya manages to dodge the short sword aimed at him, but Rutger and Torinn are both cut across the abdomen, and Torinn is now bleeding, though the paladin's righteous healing manages to protect the tiger from serious harm. Bifrons quickly whirls and assumes a position far from the melee, sneering.

It is at this point that the door opens once more, the command must have been spoken from inside. Sizing up the situation, Batym closes the door and says, "Get the pikeneers out of here, Bifrons. Prepare to withdraw to the keep. I'll send something else to deal with them..." As he turns back towards the fray, he's holding a mass of gray flame in his hand, which he hurls towards one of the ominous-looking candles emitting an eerie light that line the path from the gate to the keep. It explodes into a field of lingering black flames, and the candle reacts strangely--the darkness seems to twist around the fire and form into a sphere.

Seconds later, the sphere seems to explode violently, and it's clear now that this is some form of animate flame--it even has a face, with two yellow eyes and a maw in its spherical, purplish form. Two stubby arms emerge from its sides, and it hovers effortlessly in the air. It is spherical in shape, but its top surface is lined with tiny jagged spikes. It suddenly hurls itself with incredibly ferocity at the two mounted combatants, and as it slams into the big cat it explodes into flames that scorch all three--Torinn blunts the blow with his shield, but both Rutger and Sureiya are immolated, though Rutger's saddle protects him from the worst of it. Suddenly, it's gone, and dashing through the air, then hovering in the midst of the adventurers gathered on the balcony.

Sid, disturbed by this turn of effects, enchants the warlock with a thunderous burst of armor that blows the dark spark backwards. This only serves to provide an opening for the garogyle however, as it ends its stoneform and flies directly up to the balcony, its claws tearing Myn's fly in half briefly before it vanishes, plopping the warlock down onto the balcony's surface.

The pikeneers silently adjust their formation, two stabbing at Sureiya but only one managing to land a hit on his shoulder.

Sureiya's twin strike hits the pikeneer 3 twice for 13 damage and 21 damage. Sureiya's off-hand strike misses the pikeneer because of its total defense. This bloodies the pikeneer.
Ramuh moves and uses total defense.
Bifrons uses shadow jaunt to teleport 3 squares, and he becomes insubstantial until the end of his next turn. Sureiya takes 11 damage, Torinn takes 8 damage, and Rutger takes 7 damage (reduced to 2) from Bifrons's bladestorm.
Bifrons uses path of steel, shifting twice his speed. He takes 6 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance, and then he hits Torinn and Rutger but misses Sureiya with his short sword. Torinn takes 13 damage and Rutger takes 21 damage (reduced to 16). Torinn heals Rutger for 8 hit points with healing radiance.
The door opens. Marquis Batym steps out, then closes the door behind him. He uses dark fire, and area burst 2 attack, but uses it on the gray, flickering candles. Dark spark enters the battle! The dark fire leaves behind a zone of lingering flames.
Dark spark uses flaming rush, flying its fly speed and using a burst 1 attack at the end of the move, missing Torinn for 11 fire damage but hitting Rutger and Sureiya for 17 fire damage plus ongoing 5 fire damage (Rutger reduces to 7).
Dark spark uses flickering flame as a minor action to move one-half its fly speed without provoking opportunity attacks. It then flies up to the balcony as a move action.
Sid moves and uses thundering armor, which hits dark spark for 18 thunder damage and pushes it 1 square.
Gargoyle 1 ends its stoneform and flies up 8 squares. It then charges the ebony fly, hitting for 40 damage and destroying the fly.
Pikeneer 1 moves and stabs Sureiya with its pike for 16 damage. Pikeneer 2 does the same but misses. Pikeneer 3 uses shadow jaunt to teleport 3 squares and become insubstantial until the end of its next turn.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Dark Spark (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Mounted) 64/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, +1 power to AC
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/82 (Bloodied) + 19 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 24/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 41/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Ramuh (Lili): (Y-47) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-47) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-45, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-46) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (Z-44, Elevation 12) + 5 THP
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (O-47) -148 HP
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (N-50), -49 HP, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (N-46)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (O-46)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (M-48) -60 HP (Bloodied), dazed, Sureiya's quarry, insubstantial
Dark Spark (Enemy): (Y-44, Elevation 12)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. Additional information on the eerie glowing candles that dark spark formed form is arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge on the dark spark itself is arcana.
The candles do not look very sturdy and could probably be pushed over with a Strength check (+2 bonus if used as part of a charge).
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. The rope is now secured firmly.

>> No. 75746 edit
Dungeoneering check on the candles: 32 http://orokos.com/roll/217960
>> No. 75747 edit
Dark Spark knowledge:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4626260/
>> No. 75748 edit
File 140952009251.png - (10.12KB , 80x80 , dark spark.png )
75748
Sureiya: The dark spark is able to revive once it is destroyed. It does so transferring its essence to that of one of the six standing torch-like candles arrayed to either side of the path leading into the keep. Once the dark spark has used one of the candles to revive, it cannot use the same candle again.

A skilled arcanist can disable the candles up close by unraveling the magic (a moderate DC arcana check while adjacent to one of the candles). They can also simply be pushed over, as while they are fairly heavy they are not exceedingly sturdy--a projectile is unlikely to knock one over, but direct force works wonders (a Strength check while adjacent to a pillar can knock it over, you may use the Strength check as part of a charge instead of attacking to gain a +2 bonus to the check).


Myn: The dark spark is a potent summoned entity that is essentially a ball of animated flame and combustible material given a strange form by dark sorcery. A level 11 elite skirmisher (though with half the HP of a normal elite), it can fly effortless through the air and hover (it has no land speed but flies at speed 10 with hover). It is able to see in the dark and is well-adapted to the Shadowfell, as its flames have been tainted by the latent fell magics present in this dark realm. It is resistant to fire (resist 10 fire).

Perhaps the most notable thing about the dark spark is that it steadily grows larger and more dangerous (expansion allows the dark spark to increase in size category one size at the start of its turn, as long as it's not reviving or just appeared. If it's already gargantuan in size it instead deals heavy fire damage to each creature within 5 squares, and when it grows, it can push creatures out of squares nearby that are attempting to prevent it from growing). When it is rendered nonfunctional, it explodes violently, with the explosion growing much more potent with each increase in size (when the dark spark drops to 0 or fewer hit points, it uses combustion, a no-action close burst vs. Reflex power that starts at burst 1 and increases to burst 3 at large size, burst 5 at huge size, and burst 10 at gargantuan size. The damage starts low but increases drastically with each increase in size, and at gargantuan size the explosion is powerful enough to damage the keep walls themselves). When it combusts, if any of the dark candles are still function, it will revive at one of them at full hit points with no negative statues at the start of its next turn.

It zips around the battlefield erratically, though its most basic form of attack is to simply slam enemies with its body (melee basic attack vs. AC that deals some damage plus fire damage). Occasionally, once per life, it can charge into enemies and erupt into a fiery explosion that does not fully consume the dark spark (flaming rush allows the dark spark to fly its speed, then at the end of the movement, make a close burst 1 attack vs. Reflex that deals some fire damage plus ongoing fire damage on a hit, and less fire damage on a miss. The power recharges whenever dark spark uses combustion). At short range, it can spit a ball of flame that explodes violently on impact--and then transfer its own essence to that flame, appearing near the target and slamming into it (fiery deathstrike is an at-will ranged 5 attack vs. Reflex that deals fire damage on a hit and as an effect allows the dark spark to teleport adjacent to the target and use slam). Its superior mobility confounds even the most nimble warriors (as a minor action once per turn, the dark spark can use flickering flame to fly half its fly speed without provoking opportunity attacks).

>> No. 75749 edit
Myn knows everything about summons but nothing about hitting them. He relays his knowledge nonetheless as he takes revenge for his fly.



Immediate reaction prior to turn: Use Life Siphon off of fly damage.
Move action: Shift to Z-45, move owlbear to Y-45.
Minor action: Curse Gargoyle.
Standard action: Cast All the Sand, All the Stars centered at Y-43.

Attack rolls:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4626421/
Gargoyle damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4626498/


Last edited at 14/08/31(Sun)16:58:15
>> No. 75750 edit
"The candles! If we don't break'em that fire-thing will reconjure after killing it!"
Relay candle info to the party.
>> No. 75751 edit
Delaying until someone has a plan, but I won't delay beyond the end of Ramuh's turn.

Last edited at 14/08/31(Sun)22:38:08
>> No. 75752 edit
File 140961616292.png - (775.99KB , 1010x670 , baileysR.png )
75752
Myn's siphon of life from his absent fly does reinvigorate him slightly, and he turns his power outwards towards both the gargoyle and the strange animate--the wave of psychic power he emits leaves the gargoyle reeling and clutching at its face, though the dark spark seems completely unaffected.

Myn regains 5 hit points from life siphon.
Myn shifts and his owlbear moves. Myn curses the gargoyle.
Myn's all the sand, all the stars hits the gargoyle for 31 psychic damage but misses dark spark. The gargoyle is dazed until the end of Myn's next turn.
Bernkastel delays indefinitely.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Dark Spark (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-45) 69/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, +1 power to AC
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/82 (Bloodied) + 19 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 24/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 41/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Ramuh (Lili): (Y-47) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-47) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-45, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-45) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (Z-44, Elevation 12) -26 HP, cursed, dazed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (O-47) -148 HP
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (N-50), -49 HP, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (N-46)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (O-46)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (M-48) -60 HP (Bloodied), dazed, Sureiya's quarry, insubstantial
Dark Spark (Enemy): (Y-44, Elevation 12)

Objects
Dark Candle 1 (Object): (E-42)
Dark Candle 2 (Object): (H-42)
Dark Candle 3 (Object): (K-42) disabled
Dark Candle 4 (Object): (E-49)
Dark Candle 5 (Object): (H-49)
Dark Candle 6 (Object): (K-49)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. Additional information on the eerie glowing candles that dark spark formed form is arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge on the dark spark itself is arcana.
The candles do not look very sturdy and could probably be pushed over with a Strength check (+2 bonus if used as part of a charge).
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. The rope is now secured firmly.
Entering the zone of fiery death deals some fire damage to you and slows you until the end of your next turn.
>> No. 75753 edit
File 134665019299.jpg - (86.31KB , 1300x722 , sak_stress.jpg )
75753
Torinn fails to do anything productive.

dragon breath http://orokos.com/roll/218100
jump to K/L-45/46 http://orokos.com/roll/218104
fail charge strength check thing (end at K/L-47/48 http://orokos.com/roll/218109


Last edited at 14/09/01(Mon)17:45:42
>> No. 75754 edit
File 140962016272.png - (770.09KB , 1010x670 , baileysS.png )
75754
Torinn's torrent of lightning flies over the head of the pikeneers, though it manages to slightly annoy Batym. All of them find themselves subject to Torinn's divine sanction, however, and Rutger has no issues leaping over the flicking flames that linger on the ground. Torinn then drives the beast into a battle charge that easily bowls over one of the standing torches. The eeriness fades from the flame as it crashes into the ground, dispelled.

Torinn uses dragon breath, which misses pikeneer 1 and 2, but hits Batym for 3 lightning damage. All are sanctioned.
Torinn leaps over the zone of fire and lands, then charges one of the standing candle-torches and knocks it over.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Dark Spark (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-45) 69/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, +1 power to AC
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/82 (Bloodied) + 19 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 24/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (Mounted) 41/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Ramuh (Lili): (Y-47) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-47) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-45, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-45) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (Z-44, Elevation 12) -26 HP, cursed, dazed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (O-47) -151 HP, sanctioned
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (N-50), -49 HP, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (N-46), sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (O-46), sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (M-48) -60 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, insubstantial
Dark Spark (Enemy): (Y-44, Elevation 12)

Objects
Dark Candle 1 (Object): (E-42)
Dark Candle 2 (Object): (H-42)
Dark Candle 3 (Object): (K-42) disabled
Dark Candle 4 (Object): (E-49)
Dark Candle 5 (Object): (H-49)
Dark Candle 6 (Object): (K-49) disabled

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
The candles do not look very sturdy and could probably be pushed over with a Strength check (+2 bonus if used as part of a charge).
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. The rope is now secured firmly.
Entering the zone of fiery death deals some fire damage to you and slows you until the end of your next turn.
>> No. 75755 edit
File 129648881227.png - (39.18KB , 217x218 , kanonderp.png )
75755
Sureiya jumps down from the tiger and rushes against the closest candle, however, he nearly trips in the attempt and his whole body ends up smashing the object.
Dismount Rutger on J-46.
Charge the candle, ending in F-48 (13) http://orokos.com/roll/218133
Save throw (19) http://orokos.com/roll/218169


Last edited at 14/09/01(Mon)23:16:00
>> No. 75756 edit
File 140963870417.png - (768.22KB , 1010x670 , baileysT.png )
75756
Sureiya coughs quite a bit as he dismounts the tiger, his armor still smoldering and smoking from the fiery construct's burning attack. The half-orc nearly stumbles as he crashes into the standing torch, but it tips slightly, and looks as though it may recover for a moment before finally crashing into the ground. Though still burning, the eerie glow leaves the torch and it is rendered non-functional. The ranger's armor begins to stop smoking at this point, letting Sureiya wipe the grit from his eyes.

Sureiya takes ongoing 5 fire damage and is bloodied. He gains 5 temporary hit points from half-orc resilience.
Sureiya dismounts Rutger and charges one of the candles, knocking it over.
Sureiya saves against ongoing fire damage.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Dark Spark (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-2
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-45) 69/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, +1 power to AC
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/82 (Bloodied) + 19 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 24/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-48) 36/75 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Ramuh (Lili): (Y-47) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-47) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-45, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-45) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (Z-44, Elevation 12) -26 HP, cursed, dazed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (O-47) -151 HP, sanctioned
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (N-50), -49 HP, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (N-46), sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (O-46), sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (M-48) -60 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, insubstantial
Dark Spark (Enemy): (Y-44, Elevation 12)

Objects
Dark Candle 1 (Object): (E-42)
Dark Candle 2 (Object): (H-42)
Dark Candle 3 (Object): (K-42) disabled
Dark Candle 4 (Object): (E-49) disabled
Dark Candle 5 (Object): (H-49)
Dark Candle 6 (Object): (K-49) disabled

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
The candles do not look very sturdy and could probably be pushed over with a Strength check (+2 bonus if used as part of a charge).
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. The rope is now secured firmly.
Entering the zone of fiery death deals some fire damage to you and slows you until the end of your next turn.
>> No. 75757 edit
"Mr. N, you couldn't miss at point blank range, right? But watch out for its counterattack."

Minor action: Dismiss SC.
Minor action: Call SC next to Myn, and 4 THP for him.
Standard action: Spirit Infusion for Myn. SC disappears.

>> No. 75758 edit
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4628356/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4628358/

>> No. 75760 edit
File 140970785964.png - (748.12KB , 1010x670 , baileysU.png )
75760
Quickly calling her spirit back, the shaman infuses it into Myn in order to guide an eldritch blast towards the Dark Spark. It attempts to take advantage of the situation by slamming the warlock, but the half-elf manages to both dodge the attack and land a solid blast upon the animate, blowing it back a few inches before it regains its composure.

Bernkastel dismisses her spirit companion. Bernkastel uses call spirit companion. Bernkastel uses spirit infusion on Myn, and his eldritch blast hits dark spark for 25 damage. Dark spark's slam misses Myn.

Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 24
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 23
Dark Spark (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-1
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-2
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-45) 69/70 darkspiral aura 1, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, +1 power to AC
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/82 (Bloodied) + 19 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 24/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-48) 36/75 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Ramuh (Lili): (Y-47) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-47) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-45, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-45) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (Z-44, Elevation 12) -26 HP, cursed, dazed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (O-47) -151 HP, sanctioned
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (N-50), -49 HP, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (N-46), sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (O-46), sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (M-48) -60 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, insubstantial
Dark Spark (Enemy): (Y-44, Elevation 12) -25 HP, cursed

Objects
Dark Candle 1 (Object): (E-42)
Dark Candle 2 (Object): (H-42)
Dark Candle 3 (Object): (K-42) disabled
Dark Candle 4 (Object): (E-49) disabled
Dark Candle 5 (Object): (H-49)
Dark Candle 6 (Object): (K-49) disabled

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
The candles do not look very sturdy and could probably be pushed over with a Strength check (+2 bonus if used as part of a charge).
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. The rope is now secured firmly.
Entering the zone of fiery death deals some fire damage to you and slows you until the end of your next turn.
>> No. 75761 edit
Ramuh solidly strikes the dazed gargoyle with lightning, sending a slight bit more power than usual into the nearby Dark Spark.

Lightning strike:
http://orokos.com/roll/218437

>> No. 75762 edit
File 140981540617.png - (726.60KB , 1010x670 , baileysV.png )
75762
With a resounding crack, lightning descends, guided by Ramuh, directly onto the center of the gargoyle's chest. Ricocheting off, it also blasts the nearby floating spark. Gesturing frantically, Bifrons mutters something that causes the door behind him to open, and both he and his master retreat inside the keep, gesturing for the others to follow him in. Torinn and Sureiya glimpse the hall beyond--a fairly wide hall lined by statues and tapestries.

The dark spark has been growing increasingly larger as the battle has progressed, and its heat grows more intense. Still dashing through the air, it opens its mouth to lob a blast of flame in the shaman's direction. Just before it hits, a well-placed crossbow bolt loosed from the artificer's crossbow lodges itself in the animate, and an electric-like arc of power splits the fiery blast apart and diminishes the blow somewhat as it strikes her. Suddenly it has teleported behind her, but Bernkastel just manages to avoid its attempt to slam into her.

Sid aims his crossbow high into the air and fires, a special bolt exploding over Myn's head and conjuring a whirling gust of wind that hurls the gargoyle away from the balcony, preventing it from safely using its stoneform. The airy armor lingers around the warlock, temporarily protecting him from attack. The gargoyle, clearly utterly dazed, clumsily swoops down towards the ground, seeking cover. The pikeneers also retreat into the open door, Torinn's radiance searing one briefly before the door is closed behind them.

Ramuh's lightning strike hits the gargoyle for 19 lightning damage, and the dark spark takes 10 lightning damage. This bloodies the gargoyle.
Bifrons speaks the command word to open the door, then retreats into the keep.
Batym retreats into the keep.
Dark spark expands. As a minor action it uses flickering flame to fly half its fly speed without provoking opportunity attacks. It uses fiery deathspark against Bernkastel, which hits for 20 fire damage. Sid interrupts with shocking feedback, which hits for 21 lightning damage and gives Bernkastel resist 5 all as an immediate interrupt, reducing the damage to 15. The dark spark then teleports adjacent to Bernkastel and misses her with slam. http://orokos.com/roll/218622
Sid uses gale-force infusion, centered on Myn, hitting the gargoyle for 16 damage and sliding it 2 squares. He misses the dark spark and Myn gains a +7 power bonus to AC until the end of Sid's next turn. http://orokos.com/roll/218626 Sid moves.
The gargoyle flies off.
Pikeneers 1 and 2 enter the keep. Pikeneer 3 shifts and takes 12 radiant damage from Torinn's righteous radiance, then enters the keep. The door is closed behind him.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Dark Spark (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-1
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-2
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-45) 69/70 darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, +7 power to AC
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/82 (Bloodied) + 19 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 24/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-48) 36/75 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 53/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls
Ramuh (Lili): (Y-47) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (AA-49) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-45, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-45) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (P-42, Elevation 3) -64 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -151 HP, sanctioned, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (?-??), -49 HP, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (?-??), sanctioned, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (?-??), sanctioned, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (?-??) -72 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, inside the keep
Dark Spark (Enemy): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) -51 HP, cursed

Objects
Dark Candle 1 (Object): (E-42)
Dark Candle 2 (Object): (H-42)
Dark Candle 3 (Object): (K-42) disabled
Dark Candle 4 (Object): (E-49) disabled
Dark Candle 5 (Object): (H-49)
Dark Candle 6 (Object): (K-49) disabled

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
The candles do not look very sturdy and could probably be pushed over with a Strength check (+2 bonus if used as part of a charge).
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. The rope is now secured firmly.
Entering the zone of fiery death deals some fire damage to you and slows you until the end of your next turn.

>> No. 75763 edit
Myn backs up and stares.

Move action: Move to Z-48.
Minor action: Cast Fey Bargain.
Standard action: Cast Spiteful Glamor against Dark Spark.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4630487/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4630490/

>> No. 75764 edit
File 140990730883.png - (643.01KB , 1010x670 , baileysW.png )
75764
Myn takes a step back and metally calls upon a fey patron for a quick favor, utilizing this power to unleash a spite-filled psychic glare in the direction of the dark spark. Inexplicably, it begins to shudder and smoke, as if it's getting ready to burst.

Myn moves and uses fey bargain. Myn's spiteful glamor hits the dark spark for 26 psychic damage. This bloodies it.

Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Dark Spark (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 9
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9 (Delayed)
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-1
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-2
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-48) 69/70 darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, +7 power to AC, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/82 (Bloodied) + 19 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (P/Q-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 24/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-48) 36/75 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AA-43) 53/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls
Ramuh (Lili): (Y-47) 67/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (AA-49) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (M-45, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-45) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (P-42, Elevation 3) -64 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -151 HP, sanctioned, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (?-??), -49 HP, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (?-??), sanctioned, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (?-??), sanctioned, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (?-??) -72 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, inside the keep
Dark Spark (Enemy): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) -77 HP (Bloodied), cursed

Objects
Dark Candle 1 (Object): (E-42)
Dark Candle 2 (Object): (H-42)
Dark Candle 3 (Object): (K-42) disabled
Dark Candle 4 (Object): (E-49) disabled
Dark Candle 5 (Object): (H-49)
Dark Candle 6 (Object): (K-49) disabled

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
The candles do not look very sturdy and could probably be pushed over with a Strength check (+2 bonus if used as part of a charge).
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. The rope is now secured firmly.
Entering the zone of fiery death deals some fire damage to you and slows you until the end of your next turn.
>> No. 75765 edit
>>75764
Torinn makes quick work of two of the candles.

Charge K-42 dark candle http://orokos.com/roll/219117
Spend AP and charge K-49 dark candle http://orokos.com/roll/219118

>> No. 75766 edit
Sureiya retrocedes and punches the remaining lantern in the face..
Move back and charge again at F-48 to knock last candle http://orokos.com/roll/219227

Last edited at 14/09/06(Sat)00:23:28
>> No. 75767 edit
"We're ready to blow it up, but can't we push away its blast radius first?" asks the shaman, walking away from the spark.

Minor action: Call SC to Z-46, giving Ramuh 4 THP.
Move action: to AB-48, provoking OA for 16 damage.
Standard action: Spirit Infusion for Ramuh. +2 power bonus and +1 item bonus to attack. Requesting pushing dark spark away. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4632411/ (rolled with rin's permission)
Free action: Sudden Call SC to Z-45, elevation 1.


Last edited at 14/09/06(Sat)02:48:02
>> No. 75768 edit
File 140999751584.png - (734.43KB , 1010x670 , baileysX.png )
75768
Torinn and Sureiya take advantage of the retreat of the pikeneers to quickly topple the remaining torches. The dark fire is put out, leaving behind only piles of smoldering ashes.

The shaman calls her spirit back from the spirit realm, and its entry shields the sorcerer slightly against his next wound. As she attempts to escape, however, she is savagely slammed in the shoulder by the dark spark. Once she reaches her destination, the shaman's command sends the spirit infusing itself into the genasi, empowering his gestures which call forth an enormous shard of ice, which pierces the animate bomb and drives it back. Bernkastel quickly resummons her companion.

Despite Sureiya and Torinn both getting the coordinates totally wrong, they manage to knock over the remaining torches via charging.
Bernkastel uses call spirit companion, Ramuh gains 4 temporary hit points. Bernkastel moves and provokes an opportunity attack. The dark spark hits her for 13 damage plus 5 fire damage (reduced to 3). Bernkastel uses spirit infusion on Ramuh, and dragonfrost hits for 26 cold damage and pushes it 1 square. Bernkastel uses sudden call to recall her companion.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 27
Dark Spark (Enemy): 23
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): 15
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 9-1
Sureiya (Anonkun): 9-2
Bernkastel (Voyager): 9-3

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-48) 69/70 darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, +7 power to AC, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/82 (Bloodied) + 19 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 24/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-48) 36/75 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AB-48) 39/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls
Ramuh (Lili): (Y-47) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (AA-49) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Z-45, Elevation 12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-45) 35/35 HP, +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (P-42, Elevation 3) -64 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -151 HP, sanctioned, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (?-??), -49 HP, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (?-??), sanctioned, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (?-??), sanctioned, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (?-??) -72 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, inside the keep
Dark Spark (Enemy): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) -103 HP (Bloodied), cursed

Objects
Dark Candle 1 (Object): (E-42) disabled
Dark Candle 2 (Object): (H-42) disabled
Dark Candle 3 (Object): (K-42) disabled
Dark Candle 4 (Object): (E-49) disabled
Dark Candle 5 (Object): (H-49) disabled
Dark Candle 6 (Object): (K-49) disabled

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
The candles do not look very sturdy and could probably be pushed over with a Strength check (+2 bonus if used as part of a charge).
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. The rope is now secured firmly.
>> No. 75769 edit
Ramuh hides behind Myn before blasting the dark spark with more ice.

Move to Z-48 (one right of Myn)
Standard: dragonfrost:
http://orokos.com/roll/219244

IF I miss, AP, Dragonfrost with theme double roll:
http://orokos.com/roll/219245

>> No. 75770 edit
File 141003441835.png - (705.42KB , 1010x670 , baileysY.png )
75770
Ramuh puts some distance between himself and the floating bomb-like animate before blasting it with another ice shard. When this one strikes it, there's a half-second period where the bomb swells and then violently explodes--the radius of the explosion is large, but not so large that it damages the balcony, and Myn's owlbear is caught fully in the blast as it vailiantly throws itself in front of its master. The warlock himself is barfely touched by the flames as a result, and the resistance provided by his imp familiar absorbs much of the damage he would've taken anyway.

Sid merely looks ready to defend himself as the gargoyle, seeing the advantage of surprise gone, merely flies north and west at its top speed, disappearing over the castle walls.

Ramuh moves and uses dragonfrost, which hits the dark spark for 26 cold damage, destroying it.
Dark spark uses combustion when it dies, hitting Myn's owlbear for 24 fire damage and missing Myn for 12 fire damage (reduced to 7).
Sid uses total defense.
Gargoyle 1 flies far, far away using a double-fly-move when running.


Final Stats

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Z-48) 62/70 darkspiral aura 2, shadow walk, +5 power to damage rolls, +7 power to AC, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 35/82 (Bloodied) + 19 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +5 power to damage rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-43/44, Elevation 1/2) 24/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-48) 36/75 HP (Bloodied) + 5 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (AB-48) 39/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage rolls
Ramuh (Lili): (Z-48) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage rolls
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (AA-49) 77/77, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Z-45, Elevation 12)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-45) 11/35 HP (Bloodied), +5 power to damage rolls

Enemies
Gargoyle 1 (Enemy): (P-42, Elevation 3) -64 HP (Bloodied), dazed
Gargoyle 2 (Enemy): (W-41, Elevation 10) -88 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (?-??) -151 HP, sanctioned, inside the keep
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (?-??), -49 HP, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (?-??), sanctioned, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (?-??), sanctioned, inside the keep
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (?-??) -72 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, inside the keep
Dark Spark (Enemy): (AA/AB-44/45, Elevation 12/13) -129 HP (Bloodied), cursed DESTROYED

Objects
Dark Candle 1 (Object): (E-42) disabled
Dark Candle 2 (Object): (H-42) disabled
Dark Candle 3 (Object): (K-42) disabled
Dark Candle 4 (Object): (E-49) disabled
Dark Candle 5 (Object): (H-49) disabled
Dark Candle 6 (Object): (K-49) disabled

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana.
The candles do not look very sturdy and could probably be pushed over with a Strength check (+2 bonus if used as part of a charge).
Characters on the balcony are at elevation 11.
A gargoyle in stoneform gains resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. It cannot act except to end this effect as a minor action. When it does so, it gains a bonus to its next damage roll before the end of its next turn.
Sid's rope extends from Z-48, Elevation 11 to P-48, Elevation 1. The rope is now secured firmly.
>> No. 75771 edit
>>75770
The shield archon fails to protect Apsaumbas in time.

Immediate interrupt: Powerful Warning.
>> No. 75773 edit
"Well now," Ramuh starts, looking Myn over briefly, but deciding the warlock is (probably) fine. "We have doors to force through before this violent interruption, though I would counsel a brief respite to catch our breath and be prepared for more battle. Doubtless the sinister duo will not let us reach the Fell King unopposed."
>> No. 75774 edit
"You should come up for healing," calls the shaman to the melee fighters below.
>> No. 75775 edit
"Sure thing."
Too tired for rope climbing, Sureiya mounts the giant tiger once again and readies himself for some awesome climbing.
>> No. 75776 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75776
"Indubitably! We should be cautious... maybe do something they won't expect, foil their preparations," Sid notes, preparing his expended infusion. "They won't make it easy for us."
>> No. 75777 edit
"And what would you propose as 'something they won't expect'?" queries Ramuh.
>> No. 75778 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75778
"Maybe options will become availible to use when we go inside," the gnome elaborates. "But for one thing, we could consider whether they expect us to enter from the balcony, or from below? Hmmm..."
>> No. 75779 edit
>>75778
"I don't disagree, but attempts to open the main door were detected by the enemy. Won't that be the case for this door as well? And do we send someone there to make the attempts as a decoy to make them think we'll enter through the bottom door?"
>> No. 75780 edit
The artificer shrugs, "Could be worth it, to try and confuse them."
>> No. 75781 edit
Myn brushes off a few burnt bear feathers.

"I suggest we continue through the balcony. All other factors equal, the main entrance is likely to be more suited to deflecting intruders."
>> No. 75782 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75782
Shrugging, the gnome busies himself with undoing the arcane locks on the balcony door.
>> No. 75783 edit
Ramuh thinks the warlock's reasoning is sound, and prepares himself to assist the gnome.

Can we take a short rest while undoing? :V
>> No. 75784 edit
>>75780
>>75782
"I meant, can't we hide our involvement with the door somehow, this time?"
>> No. 75785 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75785
Sid pauses, then sits down to take a rest. "A more careful examination may be required... but I don't know if that's possible, it may be an innate part of the spell itself."

Myn believes that though it was impossible to know you were making the person aware of it just by examining the spell, with that knowledge, it should be possible to unravel the magic locking the door without alerting the other party. (An arcana check while unraveling the door is sufficient.)

Sid uses one healing surge to recharge his healing infusion.


Last edited at 14/09/09(Tue)23:59:53
>> No. 75786 edit
"Worry not, stealth may yet be within our capabilities."

Myn begins his super-cool door perforation once again.

Arcana check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638479/
>> No. 75787 edit
File 130681880789.jpg - (33.09KB , 145x170 , k04b.jpg )
75787
>>75786
"If it was always viable, it should have been done from the start, I think."

As the paladin and the ranger rejoin the party, the shaman plants the battle standard as usual. This time, though, the shaman channels more of her spiritual strength into her spirit companion, allowing its projection of a different world to expand further into this one. Within its radius, the spirit has greater influence, and the worst of the melee fighters' wounds (including those on the owlbear) close up. Call Forth the Spirit World.

Last edited at 14/09/10(Wed)00:34:19
>> No. 75788 edit
"One could not have known there was a measure in place to detect our interference," Ramuh counters.
>> No. 75789 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75789
Sid shakes his had and comments, "He has the right of it. Without knowing about the security measure--and it simply wasn't something that could be told from sensing the magic on the door--there wasn't a way to work around it. Now that we worked with the spell below, though, and triggered the measure, we can possibly suppress it." Working with Myn, the gnome adds, "And it's clear your friend here is doing a good job of doing so."

Through the combined efforts of the arcane casters, the door opens, revealing darkness beyond. Once Torinn's sword is used, there is enough illumination to spot a narrow, perhaps eight-foot wide hallway lined with tapestries. This is the only feature you can see from your current vantage, and the tapestries themselves hang from walls made of the same black, marble-like material that seems to cover the keep's exterior. The floor is likewise, though a gold-trimmed red rug extends throughout the section of the hall you can see. The tapestries hang from spike-like protrusions in the wall above a dozen feet above the ground, and the ceiling can't be more than fifteen feet high. The tapestries themselves are alternating patterns--one is a simple black trimmed with purple, and another bears a red and gold draconic emblem against a half-and-half field of purple and black.
>> No. 75790 edit
>>75788
>>75789
"I feel like I should have foreseen this kind of thing," replies the shaman, looking away. Before the door opens.

Once the hallway is visible, the shaman looks into it with Sureiya.

Once the door opens, perception (21). http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4639413/ Also successfully aided Sureiya's perception.

Rin said someone else should see to Sureiya's roll, so I'm having him take 10. (10+12+3+2=27 total)


Last edited at 14/09/10(Wed)20:37:52
>> No. 75793 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75793
>>75792
New thread~
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason