[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
No. 75792 edit

The shaman and the ranger peer into the dark hallway, straining their ears to listen for sound. There is nothing but a distant creaking sound, like perhaps a door being closed somewhere much deeper into the keep, or simply the walls settling. The tapestries appear completely decorative, they are not nearly large enough to hide much of note, and far enough out from the wall to not mask traps.

"Reaching the Fell King himself will not be easy..." Gallard speaks up from the contraption used to carry him. "Though the keep appears massive from the outside, much of it is solid stone wrapped around hollow cavities... defensive and imposing in nature. The Fell King's throne room is only accessible by utilizing a lift empowered by elemental energy, in a chamber that lies in the keep's center... and in order to power the lift, a large quantity of elemental energy is necessary." The lich skull's glowing eyes narrow to slits as he adds, "Four elemental chambers in corners of the keep are watched over by the spirits of metallic dragons. They may not be hostile to you, if you show them no ill intent... securing their aid would surely provide sufficient energy to empower the lift... or you may be able to take it by force. Of course, Batym and Bifrons will do everything in their power to stop you..."
Expand all images
>> No. 75794 edit
Myn's magic radar is particularly strong and super cool, drawing the party's admiration.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4640828/
>> No. 75795 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75795
Myn detects no ambient magic in the immediate area.
>> No. 75796 edit
"And in what manner would you propose acquiring the alliance of metallic dragons?" Ramuh queries.
>> No. 75797 edit
File 140644621143.jpg - (100.87KB , 400x383 , demlich.jpg )
75797
"They are spirits... their wants and needs different from those of the living," Gallard explains. "I recommend simply approaching and speaking with them. Once, we Dragonsworn forged an alliance with metallic dragons... yet, as generally reasonable beings, they cannot be satisfied with the Fell King's plot. They might be inclined to assist... should you prove yourselves worthy in their eyes."
>> No. 75798 edit
"A terrible lot of proving ourselves, then," Ramuh concludes. "We could split up and attempt each to reason with them alone, yet with Batym and Bifrons stalking this keep, I fear we should first deal with them."

After a pause, Ramuh asks, "Shall we see if they come and attack us, or seize initiative and hunt them down?"
>> No. 75799 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
75799
>>75798
"Rather than picking between options to give up the supposed element of surprise, we should go for the dragon spirits while our enemies might not be expecting us. If we run into them in the meantime, we'll deal with them then. ... Unless Mr. Gallard knows the way, Mr. Sureiya and Mr. Pinky can lead."
>> No. 75800 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75800
"I believe we're on the right level... work your way towards the corners of the keep, and you'll find them. I don't know the specifics, however..." Gallard admits.
>> No. 75801 edit
File 130526666323.jpg - (51.18KB , 222x200 , sak_dooooom.jpg )
75801
>>75799
Torinn flips up his mask to give the shaman a look for an uncomfortably long period of time. He doesn't seem to have any particular expression on his face while doing this.

Without any prompting, he removes the mask and stows it away, before saying,
"follow me, then."

lead on
>> No. 75802 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75802
Heading south, you don't progress very far before you spot a wall on the edge of your light. Unlike the two to the west and east of you, this one bears no spikes or tapestries, but does have torches ablaze with an eerie purple light set into it at regular intervals.

It would appear that this is a T-junction, with halls leading to the west and east from here. There could be unseen dangers around these corners, and they would certainly hear you if you approach.
>> No. 75803 edit
Myn hurls his imp at the wall ahead.

Imp invisibly scout to end of range.
>> No. 75804 edit
>>75803
Before Myn can send the imp, the shaman stops him. "There may be measures against invisibility. Please don't send it too far away before confirming it's safe."
>> No. 75805 edit
While Myn considers the suggestion needless worry, he nonetheless modifies his orders to maintain his accepting image.

Detect magic:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4642898/

If a detector is detected, limit imp search range to 15 squares.

>> No. 75807 edit
The shaman borrows Sureiya's spyglass for its magic, and tries to look and listen for things with the ranger.

Perception, take 10 with Sureiya's Aid and his spyglass. (10+15+2+3=30)

>> No. 75808 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75808
Myn detects some magic on the torches ahead, but he is unsure of the nature of the magic without a closer examination. The shaman doesn't see or hear anything unusual--the castle is completely silent, which does point to the torches being unnatural as the flames are soundless.
>> No. 75809 edit
"I'm unable to determine the nature of those torches, but we have little choice but to advance."

The findings inconclusive, Myn opts to send the imp visibly forward, following behind at a distance.

Have imp check around the corner and report back.
>> No. 75810 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
75810
Myn's imp dutifully and invisibly scouts ahead. As it does so, Bernkastel's thorough investigation of the area reveals what appears to be an outline in the western wall, just five feet from the party's position, perhaps revealing a section of the wall that can be moved. One of the spikes on the wall opposite appears slightly different than the others as well.

After a moment, the imp reports back to Myn that both halls appear empty aside from more of the torches. They both appear to lead to heavy wooden doors. There are also side passages in each that appear doorless, three to the east and two to the west.
>> No. 75811 edit
File 130525366957.jpg - (93.61KB , 310x463 , mb8.jpg )
75811
>>75810
"I think there's a secret passageway," whispers the shaman, pointing out the relevant details.

Last edited at 14/09/14(Sun)14:46:02
>> No. 75812 edit
"If there is such a thing, I suggest we make use of it. Hidden pathways are unlikely to be guarded or trapped."
>> No. 75813 edit
File 140644621143.jpg - (100.87KB , 400x383 , demlich.jpg )
75813
"Batym reached the balcony quite quickly..." Gallard notes sagely. "He likely had an easily-accessible way to get from here to the ground level... surely quicker than traversing this long hall after finding a stair..."
>> No. 75814 edit
"I should suppose the enemy does not expect us being aware of their secret passages," Ramuh adds. "I wonder if they believe the explosion outside killed us or not..."
>> No. 75815 edit
>>75812
>>75813
>>75814
"I see. If Mr. Gallard is right, then this goes to a different floor, while the dragons are on this one? ... Should we glue it shut, like with the rope? Or maybe only the ground floor exit."
>> No. 75816 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75816
"M-maybe it'd be best to confirm what this passage is, then?" Sid suggests.
>> No. 75817 edit
"Let's take a look first" the ranger agrees with Sid.
Just as the ranger prepares himself to force the moving section, he stops to check the suspicious spike.

"This definitely activates something, let's give it a try." Seconds afterward, Sureiya attempts to interact with the spike.
THievery check: (23) http://orokos.com/roll/221646

Last edited at 14/09/15(Mon)22:48:16
>> No. 75818 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75818
When the half-orc examines the spike, he has no trouble determining that it is part of some sort of mechanism. Pulling it causes the suspicious wall section to slide out of the way, revealing a five-foot wide, eight-foot high passage leading to a spiral stairway that goes down. The passage is otherwise unremarkable.
>> No. 75819 edit
File 129831635457.png - (37.53KB , 434x515 , kan_majimea10.png )
75819
"It really goes to another floor, eh?" the ranger remarks. After that, Sureiya takes the lead and starts climbing the stairs.
>> No. 75820 edit
>>75819
"... We know it doesn't go up to the Fell King, and our objectives, the dragon spirits, are on this floor. The enemies are probably below, waiting for us in front of the main gate. I don't think we should use this passageway," explains the shaman.

Last edited at 14/09/16(Tue)23:10:20
>> No. 75821 edit
Stopped by the shaman's complaint, Sureiya turns back.
"And yet, it might shouldn't take us long to determine if this passage it's worth exploring, just give me a minute and I'll scout it."
If there's no light ahead, place miner's helm on head and use a sunrod.
>> No. 75822 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75822
Sureiya finds that the stairway is not illuminated. Stepping out onto it reveals that it does head down for quite a distance, but the chamber seems only just big enough for the stairs themselves. He estimates they go down about sixty feet.
>> No. 75823 edit
"One never knows what one can find," Ramuh offers. "Dismissing an inquiry off-hand can close off possibilities. Let us trust the ranger elects to avoid detection in his inspection."
>> No. 75824 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75824
The ranger carefully descends the staircase, and discovers a section of wall at the bottom that again looks as though it can be moved, though it's much more obvious from this side. There's also a very obvious switch that isn't disguised as a spike and shaped roughly like a metal handle conveniently placed next to it.
>> No. 75825 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
75825
Upon getting to the room, the ranger gets out his magical spyglass and throws a glance to the room, not ignoring for a single second the switch.
Perception: (26) http://orokos.com/roll/222481
>> No. 75826 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75826
Sureiya doesn't find anything else out of the ordinary in his examination of the small room.
>> No. 75827 edit
File 140892528041.png - (471.20KB , 1221x828 , sureiya-1.png )
75827
Seeing no visible reason to fear the switch, Sureiya walks right towards it. However, before placing his curious hand over it, he stops and uses his little grey cells for a second.
"I could call 'em now... but the shaman would complain. Aw, what the hell"

Activate switch, brace for problems.
>> No. 75828 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75828
When Sureiya activates the switch, he reveals the hall beyond.

It's a much larger and more elaborate hall, with a ceiling that's about twenty feet high, and the hall itself is roughly thirty feet wide. On either side are draconic gargoyle-sh statues lined for the entire distance of the hallway, which seems to be roughly a hundred and fifty feet long altogether. At one end is a heavy gate that appears to be the other side of the ground level front gate, and to the other end the hallway opens into a much larger room that Sureiya can't see very much of from his current vantage--he does not spot any occupants just yet. From what Sureiya can see, this hall is illuminate by chandeliers that hang from the ceiling, with a creepy design yet normally-color light. The room beyond may be some sort of grand hall or other entry area fitting for a castle.
>> No. 75829 edit
File 129731137941.png - (30.48KB , 200x200 , shakan_happy1.png )
75829
"...More gargoyles... Well, it was me who wanted to explore, hah."
Sureiya gets inside of the hall and carefully inspects it. Trying not to pick another fight, he walks around but keeps some distance from the statues. He does his best to stay silent, so to listen better.
Inspect hall, stay somewhat away of the gargoyles. Listen around. Stealth to explore silently.
Perception (32) http://orokos.com/roll/222509
Stealth (26) http://orokos.com/roll/222510


Last edited at 14/09/19(Fri)00:38:29
>> No. 75830 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75830
The hallway itself is long and empty aside from the statues. There are more standards hanging from the walls here as well, though not from spikes. A purplish-red carpet lines the hall and leads all the way into the grand room beyond, which Sureiya can now see more of--about a hundred feet in front of him, the large open room has a higher ceiling than the hall you currently occupy, and what appears to be stairs leading up to a higher level of the room. The room seems unoccupied and bare as far as furnishings go, though the walls appear to have what appear to be ornamental weapons mounted on them. It's still very quiet... which is strange, even considering the battle outside, the half-orc wouldn't expect the castle to be this empty.
>> No. 75831 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
75831
"Better to return with the rest" the ranger deduces. Then he goes back with the party and shares his findings with them.

"Everything seems clear, after using a second switch I found a very silent room. It's like a big hall, and it has stairs up. I didn't check them, but they might end up connecting to this level."
>> No. 75832 edit
>>75831
"So it's empty? What sort of room was it?"
>> No. 75833 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
75833
"It was a dead silent open hall" the ranger explains.
"Besides the stairs, the hall also connected to another door, and there were a few gargoyles statues there, but they appeared to be inactive right now."
>> No. 75834 edit
>>75833

"I see little reason to take the risk of alerting more gargoyles. We would do well to continue searching this level."
>> No. 75835 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
75835
"H-hopefully they're just statues and not actual gargoyles this time," Sid stammers in response to Sureiya's report. "But if what Gallard said was true, then we should probably stick to this level, and find the dragon spirits!"
>> No. 75836 edit
"Then let us cease dallying and get moving."

Ramuh advances on this level!
>> No. 75837 edit
"We've dawdled enough as it is," echoes Torinn, moving on.
>> No. 75838 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75838
There's still the matter of the fork in the passage, that the imp reported back. Reaching the end of the hall, the group is confronted with two hallways that extend about eighty feet in each direction. To the west, there is are six-foot wide passages that appear to be doorless doorways, one on the north wall and one on the south wall, in addition to a heavy wooden door at the end of the hall, both of which are about thirty feet away. To the east, there are two such doorways without doors on the north wall and one on the south wall, the first of which is about twenty feet away--they appear to be spaced at roughly even intervals, alternating north and south. At the end of this hallway is another heavy wooden door. There are also the strange purplish torches on the wall that have not reacted at all to your approach.
>> No. 75839 edit
Myn shrugs, tossing his scouting slave out.


Scout to end of range etc.
>> No. 75840 edit
"One wonders whether we actually have the leisure of cautious approach," Ramuh muses. "The longer we dawdle, the more likely it is enemies shall discover our location."
>> No. 75841 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
75841
The imp catches itself in mid-air, having grown accustomed to doing so, and turns invisible before looking into the doorways. It reports back shortly, "Boss, looks like the doors on the south lead out to walkway overlookin' a foyer or great hall or somethin'. The're some doors on the lower level, and some on the opposite end of the foyer. The doors on the north... some kinda magical darkness, boss. The light from the torches ain't penetratin' em, so I can't see inside."
>> No. 75842 edit
"And well? Which side?" asks Sureiya to Myn.
>> No. 75843 edit
>>75842

"North, I suppose. There appears to be some enchantment of obscuration ahead, so the area may be of importance."
>> No. 75844 edit
File 130896125850.png - (59.57KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea11.png )
75844
"Then let's move, it might lead us to one of the dragons" Sureiya says, pushing the party to the north path.
>> No. 75845 edit
File 130508734891.jpg - (136.27KB , 491x480 , 11125426_p0.jpg )
75845
Sureiya leads the group down the eastern hall and heads into the east, going into the first doorway on the north wall. His vision is briefly blocked by magical darkness, but it turns out to be a very short section of darkness--it seemed to fill the doorway but not the room beyond itself, oddly.

The half-orc appears to be standing in what would appear to be some sort of personal study. It's not a very large room, maybe twenty-five feet in diameter, and square-shaped. Bookshelves line most of the walls, filled with tomes of various shapes, colors, and sizes, and other assorted odds and ends such as bookends, statuettes, and even a small potted plant. A desk sits immediately in front of the ranger, and sited at the desk is a humanoid, who is turning his chair to face you--it appears to swivel at the base. Atop the desk is an open book, which it would appear the humanoid was reading, along with assorted quills and blank paper. Another item of note on the desk is what appears to be an over-sized orb implement of sorts.

The humanoid appears to be an elderly shadar-kai, with gray skin and a white beard. His hairline has receded substantially, such that he is nearly bald on the top of his head. He wears simple layered robes that are gray and purple in color. He regards the intrusion with a quizzical expression and says, "And who might you be?"
>> No. 75846 edit
>>75845
"That depends." Torinn says carefully. "Who are you?"
>> No. 75847 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75847
The shadar-kai tilts his head and looks a bit annoyed, saying, "You've barged into my study and ask who I am? Someone really needs to teach you some manners, young man." Shaking his head, the elderly figure says, "I am Yaris Ahriman, adviser to the Fell King."
>> No. 75848 edit
Ramuh quietly wonders about the group.

"Forgive my companion's manners. I am Ramuh, scion of Luruar, come to the Fell Keep to seek... negotiation with your lord. I was not aware the Fell King has an advisor."
>> No. 75849 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75849
"As of late, he has not called for my counsel much," Yaris replies, folding his hands before him and looking like he's a bit unhappy about the fact. "Though I have not yet been informed that my services are not required, so I still hold the title to my knowledge. Being granted an audience with my master will be no easy task, however, when he wishes to not be disturbed." He pauses her, seemingly unwilling to elaborate further on that fact. Sid keeps to the rear of the group and remains quiet.
>> No. 75850 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
75850
"This guy's the Fell King's adviser? Well, let's cut the chase."
"Unfortunately, our audience is of utmost importance" the ranger says, getting into the conversation.

"We are aware of the lift and of the dragon's spirits in the keep. Might you know of a way to make them aid us to power the elemental chambers?"
>> No. 75852 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75852
"Oh, so you already know... who are you all, exactly? Why do you seek the Fell King? I find it difficult to fathom how you came by that knowledge" he asks, apparently ignoring Sureiya's question for the time being. "I'm going to need to know that before I can elaborate further."
>> No. 75853 edit
>>75852
"Mr. Gallard told us," says the shaman.
>> No. 75854 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75854
"Gallard told you? I find that difficult to believe. And you still haven't told me who you are or what you're doing here," the shadar-kai replies in an impatient tone.
>> No. 75855 edit
>>75854
"Well, who else could have told us?
>> No. 75856 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
75856
The shdar-kai looks unamused and doesn't reply.
>> No. 75857 edit
>>75856
The shaman looks back at him, as though waiting for a reply.
>> No. 75858 edit
File 141201873469.jpg - (267.41KB , 618x800 , ramuh_by_apathie-d7od8y0.jpg )
75858
Ramuh hesitates for a moment, then decides to speak the truth.

"We are envoys from the Dukedom of Baldur's Gate, as well as Luruar, come to persuade the Fell King to put his blade to rest." He decides not to mention their original goal (?) is to use violence to do so. "It is not in the best interest of our peoples to forge a future on the foundation of blood, and I would see us mend these severed bonds between Luruar and the Fell Kingdom.

"Does that answer your question?"

http://orokos.com/roll/224999
>> No. 75859 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75859
Yaris scoffs at this, shaking his head and replying, "You think to 'persuade' him? He does not even listen to MY advice anymore, despite taking me on as his 'adviser.' It will be an ordeal to even reach the Fell King, much less convince him of the error of his ways. Gods knows that I have tried to deter him from this path--for all the good it's done." The shadar-kai pauses here, as if wondering if he'd said too much.
>> No. 75860 edit
"Oh? Perhaps then we are of a same mind," Ramuh offers. "I have heard tell the Fell King is mad, but I cannot imagine a man who would choose a scholar for an advisor is merely a madman. Could you tell us more about the Fell King?"
>> No. 75861 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75861
"It's true that he was already somewhat maddened by grief when he sought me out," Yaris offers, leaning back in his chair slightly. "But he was once ruler of an orc clan, and an ally to dragons, so I am told. And it reflected in his character, which is why a few of us believed we could help him overcome his loss without fulfilling his desire for vengeance." At this point the eldery shadar-kai shakes his head sadly, and says, "But in recent months, he has shut out any who offered dissenting opinions. It was not always this way, though in the past decade or so I'd begun to wonder if we were making any real progress towards diverting him from his revenge. Of his seven guardian spirits, he now keeps the consul of three in his tower, and the other four remain here in the keep. I suspect that the three spirits that he remains with are manifestations not unlike chromatic dragons, rather than metallic... and manifestations of what they represent to us. I'm afraid he may recognize nothing but power now... or it will certainly take something drastic and dramatic to sway him. He is not listening to my accounts of the fate of past tyrants who had similar plans any longer, that is for certain."
>> No. 75862 edit
Ramuh strokes his beard.

"So then, as you say, the Fell King is naught but a man with eyes clouded by power," he drawls. "Chromatic dragons... I made some study of them when I was yet eladrin. I can remember nothing but evil of them, and I would not be surprised if they fanned any flames of evil within the Fell King..." Ramuh's face darkens. "Provided, of course, that your liege is not evil himself. I shall assume that is not the case.

"Is there a connection between these... chromatic dragon manifestations and the time the Fell King ceased requesting your advice?"

http://orokos.com/roll/225054 what i know of chrome
>> No. 75863 edit
File 130017450663.png - (58.64KB , 330x443 , kan_defa114.png )
75863
"Something dramatic, you say?" Sureiya repeats the old man's words. "Is he aware his own descendant is alive, and looking to stop him?"
>> No. 75864 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
75864
Ramuh: Chromatic dragons are generally regarded as evil, power-hungry, and greedy beasts of incredible strength. Though the exact character of a chromatic varies with each individual, there are no records of a "good"-aligned chromatic dragon. Of the five most common types, white, red, black, green, and blue, all are incredibly dangerous and evil, and at least somewhat intelligent.

The spirits called by a shaman like Ragrim Dragonsworn are more likely incarnations of the traits of dragons, rather than actual, individual dragons. Thus, chromatic dragon spirits are almost assuredly distilled evil--greed, powerlust, and savagery incarnate.


"To my knowledge he kept the counsel of seven dragon spirits since before we met," Yaris clarifies. "Yet it is a recent phenomenon that he has stopped looking to me for advice, and has neglected to call upon the other four spirits in his service. They are the four that will grant you an audience with him, should you prove able to convince them to aid you." Shaking his head sadly, Yaris adds, "Most of my kin do not object to this quest of vengeance, as it provides a fleeting thrill and chance for glory, things we often find in short supply in our lives."

Turning to the half-orc, he says, "...I cannot say whether or not he is aware of it. If he is aware, he has not shared that fact with me. But if you could bring this individual before him, it's possible it could have some effect. I wish to cure my lord's madness, as I do believe he was not always so vengeful and destructive, but I am no longer certain that such a thing is possible."
>> No. 75865 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
75865
"She will definitely find her way into him" the ranger adds, wondering how she always manages to sneak in. "So, how hard would it be to get the aid from the spirits? Would any of them listen to you?"
>> No. 75866 edit
"What was the last advice he requested?"
>> No. 75867 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75867
"The dragon spirits keep their own counsel. I don't think my influence will get you anywhere with them," Yaris admits, before addressing Ramuh's query, "It's been some time... I believe he questioned me in regards to disguising shadar-kai as fell orcs using a certain ritual before sending them to Toril. I advised that it would be necessary to acquire many more reagents to do so... and attempted to drop hints that it was unsustainable in the long-term, like much of his plans for vengeance. Perhaps he took offense."
>> No. 75868 edit
"I assume then he proceeded with his plans?" Ramuh muses. "No matter. Do you happen to have a map that lays out the location of these spirits, that we might seek their approval?"
>> No. 75869 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75869
"I don't have a map... I'm also unaware as to whether or not he went through with the plan, but I assume so," Yaris says, leaning back. "However, the dragons are not hard to find. If you step out of my office, you will see passages to either side that end in wooden doors. Two of the spirits are there, and from those rooms you can exit to the south to find the others, which also connect. It is as a big square set of halls surrounding the grand entry hall, with a dragon spirit on each corner."
>> No. 75870 edit
Insight (22) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4666270/

>> No. 75871 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75871
Bernkastel senses no deception in the shadar-kai, even if he does seem somewhat wary of the group.
>> No. 75872 edit
"It would not be prudent to dally here further. Thank you for your instruction, Mister Yaris."

Myn heads towards the described wooden doors, prepared to through his imp through once the party follows.

Last edited at 14/10/04(Sat)20:26:20
>> No. 75873 edit
Strangely enough, Sureiya agrees with Myn "Let's find those dragons."
>> No. 75874 edit
"Indeed, we shall be going. Ah, but before we do... Master Yaris, I do not assume you would perchance like to accompany us, should we acquire an audience with your Master?"
>> No. 75875 edit
>>75869
"Then, what's beyond the other dark doorways?"
>> No. 75876 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75876
"I'm afraid my presence is unlikely to provide much aid to your task... and Bifrons would not look kindly on me accompanying you," Yaris replies steadily. "But thank you for the offer. As for the other rooms in this hallway similar to this one... the two northern doors lead to the grand foyer, and both of the other rooms are studies like mine. They are unoccupied and being used mostly for storage at the moment."

As the rest of the group moves towards the wooden door, Myn quickly senses the presence of some kind of magic on the door.
>> No. 75877 edit
As the group approaches, Myn speaks out of the advisor's earshot.

"This door appears to possess some form of enchantment. While I investigate, perhaps it would be wise to check the mentioned storage rooms for objects of use?"

Arcana check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4669725/
>> No. 75878 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75878
Curiously, Myn does not believe the enchantment on the door is a trap, or some of scrying enchantment. Instead, it seems as though the door is connected to a larger spell that is in the room beyond; specifically, an illusion-based spell. Myn believes that when the door is closed, an illusion is present in the room, and when it is open, the illusion is dispelled.

As it is merely a part of a larger spell, Myn does not believe he can disrupt the spell in a meaningful way from this position. It's possible, but it would be draining and require an expenditure of energy on his part.

In order to make an arcana check to dispel this illusion, the one who makes the check must expend an arcane daily non-item power as part of the check.
>> No. 75879 edit
File 129831635457.png - (37.53KB , 434x515 , kan_majimea10.png )
75879
Replying with a nod, Sureiya walks toward one of the "dark doors" and opens it. Once inside he looks around.
Perception: 22 http://orokos.com/roll/226827
>> No. 75880 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75880
Sureiya enters the nearest room, and finds it filled with magical reagents stored in vials and other containers lining shelves that occupy every wall. There are a lot of empty ones as well, but all in all, the ranger finds 1,000 gp worth of mystic salves and 6,000 gp worth of alchemical reagents. There are also a collection of tools lying on a table, including a hacksaw, hammer, and twenty feet of hempen rope. The room is illuminated by a green light emanating from a candle set into a candlestick, which Sureiya suspects is magical, like the torches in the hallway.

Finally, there is a magic staff set against one wall that the ranger cannot immediately identify, though he's positive that it would be possible given some time.
>> No. 75881 edit
File 141274667615.png - (30.69KB , 444x330 , kan_majimea2.png )
75881
"...Why not?"
Sureiya takes the reagents, the hacksack, hammer and the rope, and stores it inside his magical bag. Then he takes he staff and leaves the room. He walks to Ramuh and handles the newly taken staff to him "You think this can be of any use to us?"
Not expecting a reply yet, he goes into the other room.
Perception: 17 http://orokos.com/roll/226858
>> No. 75882 edit
The shaman does as Myn suggests and follows Sureiya, but prioritizes looking over looting.

First room: Perception, take 10 with Inquisitive's Kit. (27)

Second room: The same, assuming circumstances allow for it.

>> No. 75883 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75883
Bernkastel doesn't find much interest in the room Sureiya already searched. The other room is considerably emptier, containing only a handful of chests, all except one of which are open. Sureiya finds the remaining chest unlocked, and inside are 10,000 gold pieces.
>> No. 75884 edit
Given the ranger's predisposition not to wait for responses, Ramuh examines the staff.

http://orokos.com/roll/226867
>> No. 75885 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75885
Ramuh identifies the power of this staff--a stormfury staff, the likes of which he's never heard of before.
>> No. 75886 edit
Sureiya returns and informs the party of the loot.
"I've found a good sum of magical reagents and a big loot of money, should everything go right we will divide them upon our return" the ranger suggests. "Anyone else can take care of it in the meanwhile, I don't mind."

Saying this, Sureiya faces Ramuh again. "Does it look good? I thought it might fit you."
>> No. 75887 edit
Nodding at the return of the away party, Myn disregards the idle chatter and briefly describes his findings.

"I do not believe it wise to expend sufficient energy to dispel the enchantment ahead. While there does not appear to be immediate danger, be sure to remain cautious."

Myn opens the door.
>> No. 75888 edit
"It looks... special," Ramuh responds. "I am yet unsure if I could use it to its full potential..."

He wants to say more to the Warlock, but given that Myn has already proceeded forward stills his objections and prepares for whatever is to come.

Will wield New staff in main hand, defensive staff in off-hand.
>> No. 75889 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75889
The room beyond the door is strange--it's very empty. In fact, it appears completely bare and about fifty feet by fifty feet, with flat walls and a flat ceiling about thirty feet up. They are all made from the same black, marble-like material as the rest of the dungeon. The room is illuminated by the single feature which stands in the center of the room, a seemingly-perfect glimmering sphere roughly the size of an ogre's fist resting on a four-foot tall pedestal. The pedestal ends in talon-like extensions that appear to be gripping the sphere, and the light it sheds shimmers an osculating pattern of colors that strobe around the room at a regular interval, providing enough light for you to see every nook and cranny.

Other than that, however, the room is very empty and still.
>> No. 75890 edit
>>75889

Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4680033/
>> No. 75891 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75891
Mostly, Myn can only feel the same magic he felt before--the illusion is very powerful, and will appear when the door is closed. It permeates the air around the warlock and fills the room, making it nearly impossible to sense anything else. The primary difference is that Myn believes that the orb probably has something to do with it.
>> No. 75892 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
75892
Following the advice of the now more talkative warlock, Sureiya carefully gets inside of the room and inspects it.
Perception: 31 http://orokos.com/roll/228053
>> No. 75893 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75893
Aside from the orb, the room is about as unremarkable and uninteresting as the half-orc could imagine. There are no other identifying feature whatsoever. The only other thing of note, the door, is a standard iron-reinforced wooden door that doesn't even appear to be locked, and is about 25 feet or so from your current position.
>> No. 75894 edit
File 130320172546.png - (121.33KB , 700x700 , 13030761057.png )
75894
"What is that enchantment about, anyway?" Sureiya asks, moving near to the other door.
>> No. 75895 edit
"Make sure that the door we entered through remains open for now. It appears that something will happen if it is closed."

The fearless Myn sacrifices his body for the sake of the party, courageously attempting to pick up the orb.
>> No. 75896 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75896
The claw-like protrusions on the pedestal hold he orb firmly and it resists Myn's attempts to free it. It might be possible to separate them by force, though doing so might damage the pedestal, the orb, or both.
>> No. 75897 edit
Ramuh keeps the door open, watching curiously.
>> No. 75898 edit
Myn shrugs, gesturing at the sorceror to close the door.

"I find little wisdom in forcible extraction. The mechanism appears benign for the moment, so witnessing the effect may be worthwhile."
>> No. 75899 edit
Ramuh nods and closes the door.
>> No. 75900 edit
The shaman stays outside while the door closes.
>> No. 75901 edit
Torinn waits with the others.
>> No. 75902 edit
File 131752594194.png - (33.78KB , 128x128 , silver.png )
75902
The moment the door closes, the party members inside witness the soft illumination of the sphere "thicken" and expand, transforming the room entirely. It now appears to be the inside of a library--the likes of which may appear familiar to Torinn, Sureiya, and Myn. The black marble-like walls are replaced with white, and there are book shelves and elaborate furnishings all around. Standing over the orb is an enormous, semi-transparent silver dragon. Its figure appears ghostly, and it appears to be studying the group carefully, though it doesn't speak immediately.

The surroundings overall appear to be an opulent library quite similar to the pinnacle of the wizard's tower part of the group explored some time ago.
>> No. 75903 edit
>>75902
Torinn removes his mask and rubs his eyes. The weird mirage refuses to leave, though. But it can't be possible, can it?

In any case, he's the first one to step through.

>> No. 75904 edit
Ramuh is the talky person.

"Greetings, I believe? Are you one of the dragon spirits that inhabits this Keep? I am Ramuh, scion of Luruar, come to seek audience with the Fell King."
>> No. 75905 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
75905
Sureiya also steps ahead, and adds a little information to Ramuh's introduction.

"We've been informed we need to power a lift to reach the throne room, and that the aid of the spirits residing here would be required."
>> No. 75906 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75906
The "dragon" appears shaken from its curiosity, as if it hadn't expected to be addressed. Once it regains its composure, it nods in the direction of Ramuh and Sureiya, then replies, "Ah, yes! So you're aware. It has been some time since anyone has sought an audience with the Fell King!"

The dragon leans forward, his eyes narrowing in what might be called suspicion as it adds, "I am Hallenveler--or rather, a remnant of the dragon taken on... it's difficult to put into words. Let me just say that I am Hallenveler and not Hallenveler at once, as my current state is the formation of the memories of many dragons, yet Hallenveler is the one most familiar to my master." He seems a bit talkative. "May I ask the purpose of your audience?"
>> No. 75907 edit
File 130568883698.png - (85.87KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana1.png )
75907
"To place it nicely, we want to stop him" the ranger replies, trying to hide his hostile intentions.
>> No. 75908 edit
"Stop him?" the dragon asks, recoiling slightly. "That is... difficult. Though in truth, were I able to reach him now, I would also attempt to convince the Fell King to give up his plans..." The dragon shifts his head to the side and briefly closes his eyes, as if contemplating, then returns his gaze to the half-orc. "Ah, I know! You've made it this far, so of course you must be strong. If you're strong, he may listen to you. Do you think that YOU could reach the orc he used to be, and convince him to give up his mad scheme?"

Almost lazily, the dragon ceases standing and plops down, resting on its stomach and holding its head slightly to one side in one foreclaw while folding the other in front of it. "As a spiritual guardian, I can issue a trial to assess your worthiness in confronting the Fell King, if you believe yourselves able to accomplish this feat. What say you?"
>> No. 75909 edit
The shaman opens the door again. "Is everything okay?"
>> No. 75910 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75910
When the shaman opens the door, the illusion vanishes again, along with the dragon.
>> No. 75911 edit
"It is, and if you close the door again we can keep talking with the dragon spirit." Sureiya remarks.

"He said something about a trial, but we recently did well at these" the ranger continues, looking for Gallard's reaction.
>> No. 75912 edit
>>75911
"Trial? ...We don't have time for four of those. Please try to negotiate, keeping future spirits in mind. Here."

The shaman hands over Gallard's skull-strap to Sureiya.

"I'll open the door again if you take too long," warns the shaman, and if no one interrupts, she closes the door from the outside.
>> No. 75913 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75913
The door again closes, and the library and the dragon spirit re-materialize. The dragon appears to be facing the door as it returns, and then turns back to face the party, saying, "A friend of yours, I presume?

Gallard's skull remains silent, and the dragon continues to speak, [b][gray]"The trials are quite important, you know. It is ritual! We cannot just let anyone approach the Fell King. I must be certain I am not sending you to your death!"

>> No. 75914 edit
File 14136191519.png - (90.38KB , 292x478 , kan_komarua2.png )
75914
"Sadly, we got no time for more trials" the ranger replies, with Gallard in hand. "Since we need the power of the other three, just getting their aid isn't proof enough of our determination? You're offering us a trial, but the rest might not be so forgiving" Sureiya argues back, seeming a little anxious, maybe wondering about which kind of challenge would the silver dragon issue to the party.
Diplomacy aid another for either Ramuh or Torinn (lol nat 1) http://orokos.com/roll/228457
>> No. 75915 edit
File 131752594194.png - (33.78KB , 128x128 , silver.png )
75915
The dragon shakes his head sagely and replies, "You shouldn't be obstinate. I am the forgiving type, but some of the others will take your reluctance to accept as automatic failure. Thankfully, I am less interested in the strength of your character than I am in the strength of your mind."

Gesturing with a claw, the spirit elaborates, "You may be aware that most silver dragons are crusaders who seek out conflict and fight for idealism. The ones that aided Ragrim were a strange lot--they sought knowledge rather than combat, though their enthusiasm towards the pursuit of knowledge was no less intense. Therefore, before you decide to refuse, perhaps you should at least understand the nature of the trial you face: the Trial of Knowledge. To put it simply, I merely have some questions to ask, to see what range of knowledge you possess. Do you understand?"
>> No. 75916 edit
"Questions?..." the half-orc silently wonders, looking at his companions with a confused expression.
>> No. 75917 edit
File 129645284625.jpg - (159.37KB , 299x352 , sak_confused.jpg )
75917
"I suppose so."
>> No. 75918 edit
Ramuh smiles. "A Trial to determine the worth of one is normal among those who cannot lend their help without risk. I should gladly accept, even if my allies do not."

Ramuh prefers words over combat after all.
>> No. 75919 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75919
"Very good then!" the silver dragon replies, rearing up and looking somewhat pleased. As he does so, the library around you seems to dissolve into a dark blue void. The immediate area underneath each adventurer in the room as well as the dragon is somewhat illuminated, but the orb doesn't seem to be glowing anymore. The dragon clears its throat, then announces, "Let us begin! For many years, Many-Arrows was split by civil war. In what year did the last recorded civil war in Many-Arrows begin?"

A history check could help you out here.
>> No. 75920 edit
History: http://orokos.com/roll/228563 (27)
>> No. 75921 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75921
Ramuh believes that the last orcish civil war began in 1450, and lasted for ten years before the reigning king Obould put it down. The kingdom has been united since.
>> No. 75922 edit
Ramuh tilts his head. "I should believe the last record of such a war was in the year 1450. There were none recorded since Obould took the throne."
>> No. 75923 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75923
"Correct! Do you understand that several of the orcish civil wars were instigated by agents of the Fell King?" the silver dragon spirit muses, looking thoughtful for a moment. Shaking out of his reverie, the dragon asks the next question, "Very good, and now: the Fell King commands an near-mastery of the powers of the elemental leylines. I'm sure you're familiar with the basic nature of the leylines, but can you explain how they were formed?"

Either arcana or dungeoneering can provide you with a more detailed explanation.
>> No. 75924 edit
The elder primal gives Myn and Sureiya a trusting look.

Last edited at 14/10/19(Sun)19:03:25
>> No. 75925 edit
"I'm pretty sure I heard of it before..." the ranger tells to himself, looking back at Myn, waiting him to answer the dragon.
Dungeoneering (16) http://orokos.com/roll/228583
>> No. 75926 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75926
Sureiya considers. He knows they were formed around the time of the onset of the Spellplague, but that's about it.
>> No. 75927 edit
Myn wonders why a group of mercenary assassins need by concerned by history, but thinks briefly nonetheless.

Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4686005/
>> No. 75928 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75928
Myn is aware that the death of the goddess Mystra ripped the fabric of reality asunder, warping magic and bringing the Spellplague to Toril. This great planar disturbance ripped several tears in the fabric between dimensions, and the leylines are "scars" of those tears--barely-healed rifts between the material plane and others, generally the Elemental Chaos.
>> No. 75929 edit
>>75928

"They were caused by the death of Mystara, which damaged planar boundaries."


The effort of such an extensive explanation nearly causes Myn to pass out from exertion.
>> No. 75930 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75930
"Yes, indeed!" the dragon replies, looking satisfied. "The leylines were critical to the rise of the Fell King. His unusual affinity for them grants him great power. Now, first among the companions of the Fell King in a past age was a mighty gold dragon. Tell me what you know of gold dragons, and what makes them distinct from the other metallics?"

A nature check would grant you information on gold dragons.
>> No. 75931 edit
Then again, Sureiya stays silent and shows no intention of answering.
Nature: 12 http://orokos.com/roll/228910
>> No. 75932 edit
Dragons are really dragons.

http://orokos.com/roll/229020
>> No. 75933 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
75933
"Any of our allies should be able to answer, right?" says the ranger, and without waiting for an answer he introduces his newly acquired skull comrade to the dragon.

"Hallenveler, this is Gallard, but you might know him better than me" adds Sureiya, lifting the skull to a level where the spirit can see it. "Well, I don't know much about Golden Dragons, so would you us with this one?"
>> No. 75934 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75934
"I am not the one being tested, halfbreed... it's not my place to answer in your stead," Gallard replies in an annoyed tone.

The dragon spirit regards the talking skull with a bit of curiosity on its face, but doesn't say anything just yet.
>> No. 75935 edit
File 129625592147.png - (59.43KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana17.png )
75935
"You little... that was the only chance you'll ever get."
Notably bothered, the ranger leaves the foul hostage skull in Ramuh's hands and walks to the door, motioning the spirit to understand they need a second before being able to answer. Then he opens the door and faces the Shaman.


"We got it wrong, the test is a trial of knowledge. We need you, would you get in?" explains Sureiya, still in a bad mood.
>> No. 75936 edit
>>75935
"What did they ask? If I need to go in, are you going to stand watch instead?"
>> No. 75937 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
75937
"The spirit asked us about gold dragons, and their differences from other metallics."

Last edited at 14/10/23(Thu)23:27:27
>> No. 75938 edit
>>75937
"I see. Well, I'll try hearing it from the spirit myself. Please watch for anyone coming closer."

The shaman goes in and closes the door.

Nature + Speak with Spirits (38) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4690805/

>> No. 75939 edit
File 141417029679.jpg - (175.90KB , 640x464 , Gold_dragon_-_Chris_Seaman.jpg )
75939
"An ally of yours? Very well, it is good that she faces the trial too," says the dragon spirit, nodding. "First among the companions of the Fell King in a past age was a mighty gold dragon. Tell me what you know of gold dragons, and what makes them distinct from the other metallics?"

Bernkastel (Nature): Gold dragons are among the most likely of the metallics to mingle with other creatures. Though many are indifferent to the affairs of 'lesser' beings, those gold dragons that do form a pact with another society will assume the role of protector or leader. To this end they often assume a humanoid guise when interacting with other beings. Gold dragons are usually honest and forthright in their dealings, but put their own goals before the aims of other creatures. They harbor a fierce rivalry with chromatic dragons and often seek to hunt down and destroy chromatics who compete with them for treasure or artifacts. Gold dragons often come off as aloof and uncaring to humanoids because of their long-term planning and affinity for wealth.

Gold dragons breathe jets of flame, and older dragons emanate a powerful radiance.

>> No. 75940 edit
>>75939
"Hello. I'm called Bernkastel. ... Gold dragons. I've heard their scales are like gold."

Relay the rest of the dragon knowledge, including: "They are likely to protect societies in humanoid shape, plan for the long-term, and breathe fire. Older dragons seem to be shinier."

"But a past companion? Was it Mr. Valanor?"

Last edited at 14/10/24(Fri)10:25:53
>> No. 75941 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75941
"Very good... Valanor? I've not heard that name," the dragon spirit confirms. "Gold dragons rarely enter pacts with 'lessers,' as they think of you mortals, so the pact between this gold dragon and the Fell King was quite the monumental event. You are all doing quite well! Just two more questions, the first of which is this: the Fell King once harbored an oath of vengeance against the current exarch of Gruumsh. Who is this exarch?"

You may use history or religion to gain knowledge here.
>> No. 75942 edit
>>75941
"Obould Many-Arrows the first, right?"
>> No. 75944 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75944
"That is correct, otherwise known as Obould-Who-is-Gruumsh! His descendants rule Many-Arrows to this day," the dragon spirit confirms with a nod. Rising to its full height, it says, "And now, the final question I have for you to test your knowledge: the largest potential enemy for Many Arrows is Luruar, or the Silver Marches. The confederacy currently consists of three cities. Which three cities comprise the alliance?"

You may use history or streetwise for knowledge checks.
>> No. 75945 edit
Myn strains to utilize his dust-covered skills.

Streetwise:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4692631/
History:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4692633/

>> No. 75946 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75946
Myn: (Knowledge results) The Luruar alliance consists of Everlund, Glimmerwood, and Silverymoon, three strong cities populated by humans, elves, half-elves, and eladrin. Former members include the dwarven Citadels Adbar and Felbar, as well as Mithral Hall. They are still potential allies of the Luruar alliance but not always reliable.
>> No. 75947 edit
>>75946

The all-knowing Myn displays his knowledge.

"Everlund, Glimmerwood, and Silverymoon"
>> No. 75948 edit
"Very good, well done," the dragon replies, nodding. "I hereby declare this aspect of your trials complete, then!" it declares, standing on all fours and looking down at the adventurers gathered before it. "I must say, I never doubted you for a moment! I do hope you can set things right in your encounter, before anything too awful happens."

The dragon nods to the door through which you have not yet passed. "You'll need to gather the support of my comrades as well, but you can be certain that when the time comes to help you activate the passage to the keep's upper levels, I will be there to aid you."
>> No. 75949 edit
The ranger stays keen, scouting the area.
Perception: 34 http://orokos.com/roll/229578
>> No. 75950 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75950
The hallway is quiet and still. Sureiya senses no abnormal activity.
>> No. 75951 edit
"Let us then make haste."

Myn proceeds through the door and walks down the hallway.
>> No. 75952 edit
Torinn takes the lead at the front of the party.
>> No. 75953 edit
File 129643373649.png - (30.13KB , 330x444 , kan_majimea3.png )
75953
"So, how did it? Are we done here?" The ranger asks to the party.
>> No. 75954 edit
Still in the dragon room "If not Valanor, did you possibly know the gold dragon's name?" the shaman asks the silver dragon.

After the answer, I'll call for Sureiya to come through.
>> No. 75955 edit
File 131752594194.png - (33.78KB , 128x128 , silver.png )
75955
The silver dragon tilts his head, then replies, "Valangoraza was the name of the dragon in question." Sureiya rejoins Bernkastel and Sid thereafter.

When Myn and Torinn enter the hallway beyond the dragon's room, they see the hallway is largely a straight shot leading south. There are two open passages leading west, and a single closed door to the east, as well as a set of heavy, iron-reinforced wooden double doors guarding the end of the eighty-foot long hall. It is illuminated by the eerie torches you saw before.
>> No. 75956 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
75956
>>75955
...These silver dragons...

The shaman eventually takes Gallard back from Sureiya.


General perception, including listening. (24) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4702359/


Last edited at 14/11/02(Sun)10:08:41
>> No. 75957 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75957
When the group gathers in the hall beyond the silver dragon spirit's room, Bernkastel does a cursory examination of the area. The shaman finds nothing out of the ordinary at this end of the hall, and the keep remains quiet.
>> No. 75958 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
75958
"Couldn't see or hear a soul before" the ranger reports to the shaman.
"If these two are too busy to watch over us they might be plotting something, we should go look for another of the spirits."
>> No. 75959 edit
>>75958
"You were the lookout, not actively looking for something."

Meanwhile, the spirit companion floats over to scout the open passageways.
>> No. 75960 edit
File 140791733250.png - (28.49KB , 128x128 , spirittoken.png )
75960
The spirits find that both the open passages to the west lead to the grand foyer area.
>> No. 75961 edit
File 14155707299.jpg - (91.80KB , 686x743 , 1317168548746456.jpg )
75961
"If we're to believe what that councelour said, there should be another dragon spirit over there" Sureiya points to the path in the south.

"Let's move, we've lost enough time here already" the ranger adds, pushing the party until to find another strange looking door.
>> No. 75962 edit
Torinn takes up the front as the party heads south.
>> No. 75964 edit
File 141274667615.png - (30.69KB , 444x330 , kan_majimea2.png )
75964
While walking with the group the ranger approaches the shaman..
"Did I miss something back there?" Sureiya asks, still looking around.
Perception (30) http://orokos.com/roll/231697
>> No. 75965 edit
>>75964
"He said the fell king's gold dragon companion was named Valangoraza. By the way, did you get the silver dragon spirit's name?"
>> No. 75966 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75966
Torinn leads the group to the end of the hall, past the branching paths, and once there, Sureiya searches the doors. This door does not appear to be trapped or even enchanted, it is a simple set heavy wooden doors made of iron-reinforced wood. It's roughly twelve feet across and eight feet tall.
>> No. 75967 edit
Before reaching the doors, the ranger answers "The spirit presented itself as Hallenveler."
Once at their goal, Sureiya scouts the area, somewhat skeptic. "So, what's the trick this time?"
Perception (21) http://orokos.com/roll/232894
>> No. 75968 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75968
Sureiya still finds nothing special around or about the door. It doesn't even appear locked.
>> No. 75969 edit
Finding nothing suspicious, Sureiya opens the door.
>> No. 75970 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75970
The doors creak open as Sureiya pushes them out. They appear to lead into a very strange area--it appears to be the dark interior of a cavern of some sort. The ground ahead is stone, and there are what appear to be small stone formations that litter the area. There is no source of illumination inside the cavern, and you cannot see any walls or the ceiling inside the cavern.

Ramuh and Myn immediately realize that this is another powerful illusion, and Sid will confirm that it is as well.
>> No. 75971 edit
File 130320172546.png - (121.33KB , 700x700 , 13030761057.png )
75971
Sureiya gets out his miner hat, and prepares a sunrod for it.
>> No. 75972 edit
Arcana check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4723750/
>> No. 75973 edit
File 141652249731.png - (0.98MB , 778x616 , adragon.png )
75973
When Sureiya lights the sunrod and illuminates the cavern, he is able to observe that there are large tunnels at multiple levels in the cavern--the cave seems to have a very high ceiling, as your light cannot reach the cavern's roof. There are tunnels both on the base level of the cavern as well as spaced randomly up and down the walls. Almost immediately after illuminating the cavern, you see a pair of yellow eyes regarding you from the darkness of a tunnel roughly thirty feet above you and fifty feet in front of you, slightly to the west. It draws itself forward, revealing what is clearly a dragon with a very light blue, nearly gray, metallic scales.

The dragon's eyes fixate on the party members in the doorway, but makes no move to approach you or speak to you.

Myn: This is a very potent and elaborate illusion, the primary mechanism besides creating the image of the cavern in this room being making the spirit appear as a real dragon. It's likely that the ceiling is not nearly as high as it appears, as there is depth beyond what you would expect for this section of the keep.
>> No. 75974 edit
>>75973
"Hello."
>> No. 75975 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
75975
The dragon's eyes narrow as the shaman addresses it, and it immediately demands in a deep voice that echoes throughout the caverns, "Who goes there?"
>> No. 75976 edit
>>75975

Myn quickly intervenes to save the eloquence-deprived party.

"We seek to meet the master of this castle, and would be greatly appreciative should you grant us assistance in doing so."
>> No. 75977 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75977
The dragon suddenly leaps down from the upper cavern and lands heavily about thirty feet on front of the group. Rising on all four legs and spreading its wings in an imposing manner, it thunders, "You seek to confront the Fell King? No easy task. It is within my power to aid you therein... yet first you must be tested. Do you understand?"
>> No. 75978 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
75978
The half-orc sighs, now expecting another two more trials after this one.
"You wouldn't send unworthy adventurers to face your boss, yeah, we've heard that before." Sureiya adds, somewhat bothered by the apathy of the spirit. "So, what's the deal?"
>> No. 75979 edit
Nature for this dragon, I guess. (19) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4727568/


Last edited at 14/11/24(Mon)13:06:31
>> No. 75980 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
75980
The dragon fixes a fierce expression on the half-orc, and sneers slightly. "Hmf. But what proves you worthy of such a test? I believe I'm just wasting my time with you lot." Rearing up, the dragon appears to start pacing, keeping its head turned towards the group. "Whom do you serve, half-breed? And the rest of you? For what cause do you fight?"

Bernkastel: The shaman recognizes this as an adamantine dragon, a kind of metallic dragon.
>> No. 75981 edit
File 130568883698.png - (85.87KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana1.png )
75981
The ranger walks a little further into the room and stares at the dragon for an instant, before answering its question.
"The duke Prestor of Baldur's Gate sent us here. We came to stop Obould from his madness, and we will accept any challenge you have if you still doubt of our worth."
>> No. 75982 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75982
"Hmf, don't try and deceive me, orc. None among you hold true allegiance to Baldur's Gate or the grand duke," the dragon replies, turning to face the adventurers directly and rearing up to its full, imposing height. "It is my providence to rule, and to judge, and thus I must know your true motives. What stake have you in stopping the madness of the Fell King?"

Sid squirms nervously under the dragon's judging gaze.

Bernkastel (Insight) You sense that the dragon is attempting to mislead you about what exactly it is judging. It's as if it's not as interested in your motive as it is in... something else.
>> No. 75983 edit
>>75982
"Yes. Grand Duke Prestor is only planning and funding our mission," agrees the shaman, followed by a moment of pondering.

"... The Fell King has been attacking our cities. When we became involved, he went on to repeatedly plot our deaths, threaten our families, and ignore our attempts to communicate, even though he sends us messages as he pleases."

"On the point of his threats, some of us"--the shaman gestures to Torinn here--"are still rather troubled. I would contend if anyone needs judging, it's the Fell King."

Last edited at 14/11/25(Tue)22:28:47
>> No. 75984 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
75984
"My judgment on the actions of the Fell King is not your concern. Suffice it to say I am allowing this audience instead of refusing any contact with him, am I not?" the dragon replies, leaning forward and gazing at the shaman threateningly. "It seems as though you've merely been caught up in affairs beyond your ken. Are you really the ones who should confront the Fell King, given the circumstances? It seems absurd to me."
>> No. 75985 edit
>>75984

"Is it the sole province of those born by circumstance into war to end it? Know that our pay is hardly sufficient to warrant this risk, dragon."

Mynheh.png

"While I cannot claim to have family threatened by your king, or personal danger beyond this venture, I am loathe to abide the abuses of tyrants, and therefore have a wish to stop this one."

Diplomacy:http://orokos.com/roll/234758
>> No. 75986 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75986
The dragon seems to relent slightly. "You understand the Fell King commands considerable might as a result of his union with the leyline? Confronting him in the keep will be dangerous, yet luring him outside will be impossible." Narrowing his eyes, he adds, "I admit, circumstance does favor you, as in his currently-weakened state, you may stand a chance... yet the odds are still against you. Do you understand this? It would be easier to leave the task to someone more powerful."
>> No. 75987 edit
File 141755773682.png - (87.03KB , 291x477 , kan_ikaria3.png )
75987
Not able to stay quiet anymore, the ranger faces the spirit and starts his rambling.

"Dangerous? We've gone through enough dangerous things just to find his keep! We've faced a bunch of challenges, we've solved many riddles, we've slayed a pack of monsters, and we've foiled the plans of every guard the Fell King placed in the leylines!" Sureiya growls, moving his fist in the air.

"I don't care if there is people more powerful than us, your boss is our target, and a ranger never misses his quarry."
>> No. 75988 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75988
The dragon seems amused by Sureiya's outburst, and a brief, barking laugh escapes his mouth. "Well, this one certainly doesn't lack for spirit!" Switching to a more serious tone, he addresses the group as a whole, "Truth be told, with what your group has faced, I never expected you to fail the Test of Resolve, but I had to administer it nonetheless. My duty to what the Fell King once was demands it. But consider yourselves as having my support."
>> No. 75989 edit
>>75987
>>75988
"Good job, Mr. Sureiya, You passed."
>> No. 75990 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
75990
The ranger looks back at the metallic dragon somewhat annoyed. Clearly they didn't come here to amuse forgotten spirits.

"Hmpt. If that's all we had to do, then fine. We'll accept your support." Sureiya then turns to the party, and replies to Berknastel.
"I think you mean that -WE- passed. So, any objections if we look for the next dragon?"
>> No. 75991 edit
File 131363258626.jpg - (46.92KB , 150x241 , mb5.jpg )
75991
>>75990
"No, let's go."

To the dragon: "If that's everything, thank you, Mr. Dragon."

If nothing happens, take 10 perception to hear beyond the exit before we open it.

Last edited at 15/01/11(Sun)23:57:12
>> No. 75992 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
75992
"Hah. But do heed my warning, heroes," the adamantine dragon cautions. "Difficult trials lay ahead. My fellow remaining spirits will judge other aspects of your character. And you are likely to encounter the remaining denizens of the keep soon enough, though most of them are committed to the battle outside."

Meanwhile, the shaman does not hear anything on the other side of the door.
>> No. 75993 edit
>>75992
"We'll be careful. Do you have any hints for who's left?"

Mage Hand the door open after the hints, if any.
>> No. 75994 edit
File 142164234844.png - (278.70KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelA.png )
75994
A door blocking a cavern entrance looks quite strange, but it seems to work normally, the illusion magic slightly fizzling around the edges of the door. Beyond the door is a long hallway, similar to the others you've passed through, with two doorways spaced out along the wall to the south, and a single doorway on the northern wall. At the end of the hallway is a silver-gray door blocking progress into the room beyond, and the doorways seem to be seeping with magical darkness, like the ones you encountered before.

"Valangoraza, what may have once been called the Fell King's conscience, will remain loyal to the Fell King, no matter what transpires, so I know a spirit that has taken on his aspects resides within these walls," the adamantine dragon spirit replies. "In addition, a mithral dragon spirit called Kalaidesczar remains loyal to the Fell King in his madness. It served as his spiritual adviser."
>> No. 75995 edit
File 138147525082.png - (3.10KB , 41x41 , bern130.png )
75995
>>75994
While the shaman observes, the smaller spirit companion enters the hallway, looking curious at the transition between illusion and reality. It moves through the closer magical darkness.

Perception from the shaman's perspective. (26) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4753296/
>> No. 75996 edit
Myn ricochets his imp off the wall into the far doorway.

Inviscout etc.
>> No. 75998 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
75998
Bernkastel's examinations don't reveal much else of note, as she doesn't hear anything unusual. The imp, after rubbing its head and muttering briefly, flutters down the corridor towards the far door. It then reports back that it has found nothing, unless Myn wants it to breach the doorways filled with magical darkness. The shaman's spirit's perspective allows it to see the nearest darkness-coated doorway to the south is another entrance to the grand foyer area.
>> No. 75999 edit
>>75998
The spirit moves on to the northern dark doorway.
>> No. 76000 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76000
The spirit is unable to penetrate the magical darkness along the north--it's as though there is some sort of barrier blocking it, though the spirit can't actually see anything except darkness. It merely meets resistance that prevents it from breaching the doorway.
>> No. 76001 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
76001
>>76000
The spirit returns, and the shaman reports on its findings. "The smaller doorways lead to the grand foyer. The big one seems to be blocked."

The shaman walks over to the bigger doorway. Assuming nothing happens, she motions to the others to look at it.

Meanwhile, the spirit companion gives everyone a little more stamina.


Spirit of Vigor for 4 temporary HP to everyone but me.

Last edited at 15/01/20(Tue)09:35:46
>> No. 76002 edit
The ranger moves to the larger hall and inspects it as well. "Blocked? Wanna try to break it down?" Sureiya questions, a little skeptic.
>> No. 76003 edit
"Perhaps we can open blocked passageways without breaking them down as savages," Ramuh suggests.
>> No. 76004 edit
"Perhaps Mister Ragrim would be so moved by our careful treatment of his property as to surrender."

Myn investigates the mysteries of the blockage.

Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4755400/
>> No. 76005 edit
>>76002
>>76003
"We don't have to go that way yet, so if it's too much trouble, we could leave it alone for now?" suggests the shaman.
>> No. 76006 edit
After having his battle cat bring him over, Torinn unstraps himself and hops down. He gives Rutger a pat on the head and walks up to the doorway. "Stand back everyone," he orders, "I'm going to use FORCE on this!" The dragonborn throws his weight into pushing through, or aside, whatever obstacle is blocking their path.

Strength check to push through: http://orokos.com/roll/248609 (23)
>> No. 76007 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76007
Sid follows the group as the rest of the group begins to move down the hallway. Torinn and his big cat move to the front, and the mounted dragonborn throws himself against the magical darkness blocking the doorway, and finds himself rebuffed by an invisible, magical force of some sort. Myn believes that this magic is extremely powerful and would be very difficult to dispel. Not only that, but as Torinn attempts to force his way through, there is a rather loud, strange 'boing' sound that reverberates down the hallway.
>> No. 76008 edit
"This doorway appears to be enchanted with a spell to repel paladins. I suggest the other route."
>> No. 76009 edit
>>76006
>>76007
>>76008
The spirit companion giggles silently.

"... Let's move on."
>> No. 76010 edit
Torinn tries a couple more times, glaring angrily at the door frame. Not one to be discouraged, he mounts the tiger and redirects his ire to the door down the hall. Which means charging that door instead.

strength-ing the other door: http://orokos.com/roll/248936 (16)
>> No. 76011 edit
Ramuh wonders briefly at the likelihood of it being a spell specifically to ward against paladins, and examines the door himself.

http://orokos.com/roll/248946
>> No. 76012 edit
Sureiya sighs at the paladin's attempt, and tells him. "It must be a pretty strong spell. But yeah, we should keep going-" Sureiya stops, after seeing the paladin rushing again.
>> No. 76013 edit
File 142207032647.png - (624.44KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelC.png )
76013
Ramuh considers the barrier as Torinn begins to barrel down the hallway. Suddenly, it vanishes, along with the magical darkness, revealing the room beyond to those still gathered around the door.

It's small and circular, and the ceiling is slightly higher than that of the hallway. There is a large circle of mystic-looking runes surrounding a smaller pool of shimmering water, and six creatures stand in the chamber: four you recognize before as a trio of shadar-kai pike-wielders and Viscount Bifrons, as well as a shadar-kai male in robes wielding a staff, and another in leather wielding two hand crossbows.

"They're here, finally! Attack!" calls out Bifrons, brandishing his two short swords. "Don't let them escape!"

The shadar-kai viscount vanishes for a split-second before reappearing next to the warlock, his blades lashing out and scathing Myn as he moves quickly through the adventurers, heading east, and slashing at the genasi and the shaman as he passes by. When he comes to a halt, he is insubstantial, and has his blade pointed at Sid's face, and he very nearly falls backwards over himself.

Viscount Bifrons uses shadow jaunt to teleport 3 squares and become insubstantial until the end of his next turn. Myn takes 12 damage from bladestorm. He then uses path of steel, shifting up to twice his speed and attacking Myn, Ramuh, and Bernkastel with his short sword. He hits on all three attacks; Myn takes 19 damage, Ramuh takes 16 damage, and Bernkastel takes 18 damage. Ramuh takes 9 damage from bladestorm, Bernkastel takes 7 damage from bladestorm, and Sid takes 10 damage from bladestorm.

Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 24
Shadar-kai Marksman (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-27) 43/70 HP, darkspiral aura 1[/b
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 82/82 HP + 4 THP, [b]resist 5 necrotic

Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-20/21) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-24) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 43/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (G-26) 46/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (F-31) 71/77 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (G-25, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-30) insubstantial
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (D-25)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (D-26)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (D-27)
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-25)
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-26)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
>> No. 76014 edit
The wounded Myn has the presence of mind to respond to the attack, immediately quaffing the shaman to recover.

Immediate reaction: Life Siphon from Bernkastel damage.

Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4757628/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4757637/


Last edited at 15/01/23(Fri)20:14:04
>> No. 76015 edit
>>76013
Torinn says a short prayer to mend some of the wounds taken by Bernkastel by the craven coward's craven attack. "You alright?" he asks.

use shield of devotion on Bernkastel to heal her for 5 HP and get +2 power bonus to attack rolls against Bifrons

Last edited at 15/01/23(Fri)19:50:32
>> No. 76016 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76016
Myn (Arcana): Myn knows a little about the shadar-kai forcemage, as this is clearly an arcane caster that wields primarily force magic (level 10 controller). Similarly, the shadar-kai marksman is skilled in dual wielding hand crossbows (level 10 artillery).
About the scrying pool and the magical setup in the room, however, Myn knows quite a bit more. This low-to-the ground pool of water and the magical runes that surround it form an advanced magical surveillance system that allows a creature next to the pool can scry on select areas that are within a certain radius of the pool (direct scrying for line of sight and line of effect is 20 squares). This only works if the creature has line of sight to the scrying pool itself. Sound is also transmitted, but the pool can only be directed on a specific, small area (close burst 3) as a minor action. Selecting a new area takes a new minor action.

>> No. 76017 edit
Myn briefly describes the fancy pool, although he doubts the rest of the party has the faculties to utilize his font of knowledge.
>> No. 76018 edit
Ramuh responds with lightning reflexes by releasing a surprisingly apt static shock as Bifrons passes him by.

http://orokos.com/roll/249443
http://orokos.com/roll/249445
26 VS Fort, on a Hit, 10 Lightning damage and Dazed until end of my next turn.

>> No. 76019 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
76019
>>76015
>>76017
"Yes, thank you," replies the shaman, still a bit surprised by the ambush. But this is a really strange place to put the pool.

"... We need to keep Mr. Bifrons away and occupied, while preventing any forms of reinforcements from reaching him. Mr. Sureiya, Mr. Tormine, it's up to you two, respectively."

No action: Arcana for the Forcemage and Marksman. (22, 19; useless) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4757636/

>> No. 76020 edit
File 142208389527.png - (85.87KB , 291x477 , ka2_odorokia2.png )
76020
"Hah! I've been waiting for you!" exclaims the ranger, rather excited.
Before the rest have a chance to react, Sureiya follows Bifrons and slashes twice. His enemy, even though in a ethereal form, is still affect by Sureiya's attack, who makes sure Bifrons can't get away from him.

Move to G-29
Quarry Bifrons
Twin strike! (One hit for 8 damage, exchange quarry damage die for slow until end of my next turn)
http://orokos.com/roll/249463


Last edited at 15/01/23(Fri)23:18:46
>> No. 76021 edit
File 142215311213.png - (575.89KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelD.png )
76021
As the shadar-kai viscount stalks past Ramuh, the sorceror's magic armor gives him a minor jolt that scrambles his senses. The other shadar-kai are quick to join the action, however, and even as Sureiya closes with Bifrons, they are making their own move. The half-orc's blades flash, and one finds a mark, though it's barely a glancing hit on the insubstantial enemy. The remaining aggressors fare little better, as a piker's pike is dodged by the nimble half-elf, and only one of the two bolts fired in Ramuh's direction manages to hit. However, it is a hit that sinks deep into the genasi's leg and numbs it, making it difficult to move in a conventional manner.

Ramuh's shockweave armor hits Bifrons for 5 lightning damage (reduced from 10), and he is dazed until the end of Ramuh's next turn.
Sureiya moves and sets his quarry. Sureiya uses twin strike, hitting once for 4 damage (reduced from 8), and Bifrons is slowed until the end of his next turn.
Shadar-kai pikeneer 2 moves and attacks Myn with its pike, but misses.
Shadar-kai marksman attacks Ramuh twice with his hand crossbows, missing once and hitting once for 16 damage. He activates pinning bolt, and Ramuh is immobilized until the end of the marksman's next turn.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 24
Shadar-kai Marksman (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-27) 43/70 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 82/82 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-20/21) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-29) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 43/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (G-26) 30/67 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 lightning/thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (F-31) 71/77 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (G-25, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-30) -9 HP, insubstantial, dazed, slowed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (D-25)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (D-27)
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-25)
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-26)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
>> No. 76022 edit
"Mister Sid, I'd appreciate it if you would assist me in shoving that tiger through this gateway."


(AP)Standard action: Cast All the Sand, All the Stars centered at E-25.
Attack:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4758636/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4758639/

Standard action: Cast Hunger of Hadar centered at A-26.
Minor action: Cast Bridge of Shades, targeting F-27 and G-22.
Move action: Move to F-19. Move Owlbear to F-24.


Last edited at 15/01/24(Sat)21:37:17
>> No. 76023 edit
File 142217329814.png - (504.31KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelE.png )
76023
The warlock is quick to act as well, unleashing a psychic storm upon the nearby foes--one of the pikeneers seems to reel in mental agony briefly, but the other stalwartly shakes it off. The half-elf gestures towards the scrying pool and the water within suddenly blackens and tendrils of shadowy energy wrap themselves into a bulb-like darkness that coats the area, swallowing up the two nearby shadar-kai. Finally, Myn creates a pair of linked portals, stepping through one to put some distance between himself and the pike-wielders. His owlbear minion additionally moves to threaten a nearby pikeneer.

"Roger that!" Sid calls out, hopping through the linked portals and quickly hurling a canister to the ground underneath the big cat, and it suddenly slides through, right into the middle of the three very surprised pikeneers. They don't have long to be surprised, as Sid fires a crossbow bolt into the air, and it bursts above the mounted paladin, conjuring a mighty wind which wraps itself around him like a fierce storm. Though two of the pikers weather the storm quite well, one is hurled backwards into the zone of hungering darkness, and the dragonborn himself is well-protected by the shield of wind.

Myn spends an action point! Myn uses all the sand, all the stars, which misses pikeneer 1 but hits pikeneer 2 for 14 psychic damage and it is dazed until the end of his next turn.
Myn uses hunger of hadar, creating the relevant zone.
Myn uses bridge of shades, creating a pair of conjurations that bridge two squares. Myn moves through the bridge of shades and his owlbear moves too.
Sid moves through the bridge of shades. Sid uses slick concoction to slide Torinn and Rutger through the bridge of shades. Sid uses gale-force infusion on Torinn, missing pikeneers 2 and 3 but hitting pikeneer 1 for 15 damage (http://orokos.com/roll/249682), and sliding it 2 squares. It enters the hunger of hadar zone and takes 7 necrotic damage (http://orokos.com/roll/249683).


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 24
Shadar-kai Marksman (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 43/70 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 82/82 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 necrotic, +7 power to AC
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-29) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 43/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (G-26) 30/67 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 lightning/thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-22) 71/77 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (G-25, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-30) -9 HP, insubstantial, dazed, slowed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (D-25)
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -14 HP, dazed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (D-27)
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-25)
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-26)

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
Bridge of shades bridges two squares. Until the end of Myn's next turn, the two squares are considered to be adjacent to each other for the purpose of movement or making melee attacks. Moving from one square to the other is teleportation, although a creature doesn't need to be able to see the destination square.
>> No. 76024 edit
Though harmed and worse for wear, Ramuh's unleashes thunderous fury over the enemies caught in Hadar's zone. The explosion of thunder focuses itself on where Ramuh recalls the force mage to be; he uses his considerable knowledge to divine the weaknesses of the Marksman, and capitalises on his control over the storms to ensure the thunder bomb does not miss its mark.

Minor: Calculated acumen against Marksman, I learn its vulnerabilities and gain combat advantage against it until end of my next turn.
Minor: Promise of storm, lightning and thunder attacks deal 1d8 more damage until the end of my next turn.
Standard: Thunder bomb, centred on the force mage, free action to use Guidance of the Past with the Thunder bomb attack against force mage:
http://orokos.com/roll/249772
(34 vs Fort, Force mage)
(23 vs Fort, Marksman)
(17 vs Fort, Pikeneer)
Damage roll:
http://orokos.com/roll/249779
(29 damage)
Targets hit are Slowed until end of my next turn. Target in centre of burst (force mage) is instead Immobilised until end of my next turn.

>> No. 76025 edit
File 142220922174.png - (504.01KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelF.png )
76025
Ramuh's incredible insight against the hidden forcemage doesn't provide much information, but does help to guide the ball of thunderous energy that he hurls towards the zone of hungering darkness. The resulting blast is loud, though it's difficult to see which enemies were affected. However, the only immediate response from the darkness is a feeble spike of force energy that Torinn briefly feels brush against his frame, leaving him nearly unphased. The piker flees backwards out of the hungry zone, but its charge only places its pike in the wall just behind Torinn and the big cat--the strike was clearly intended for Rutger, but didn't really come close to hitting the mark.

Ramuh uses calculated acumen against the shadar-kai marksman, learning that it has no vulnerabilities and gaining combat advantage against it until the end of Ramuh's next turn.
Ramuh uses promise of storm, gaining 1d8 extra damage on lightning and thunder powers until the end of his next turn.
Ramuh uses thunder bomb, hitting the shadar-kai forcemage and marksman but missing the pikeneer. The forcemage and marksman take 29 thunder damage, and the forcemage is immobilized while the marksman is slowed, both until the end of Ramuh's next turn.
The shadar-kai forcemage takes 11 damage from hunger of hadar. It uses force spike against Torinn but misses for 5 force damage.
Shadar-kai pikeneer 1 takes 10 necrotic damage from hunger of hadar. It moves out of the zone, then charges Rutger with pike but misses.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 24
Shadar-kai Marksman (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 43/70 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 81/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, +7 power to AC
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-29) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 43/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (G-26) 30/67 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 lightning/thunder, CA against shadar-kai marksman, 1d8 extra damage on lightning/thunder powers
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-22) 71/77 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (G-25, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (not present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-30) -9 HP, insubstantial, slowed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-25) -32 HP
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -14 HP, dazed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (D-27)
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-25) -40 HP, immobilized
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-26) -29 HP, slowed

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
Bridge of shades bridges two squares. Until the end of Myn's next turn, the two squares are considered to be adjacent to each other for the purpose of movement or making melee attacks. Moving from one square to the other is teleportation, although a creature doesn't need to be able to see the destination square.
>> No. 76026 edit
File 13237963328.png - (4.97KB , 145x145 , bern113.png )
76026
"I didn't think of that. It's a much better use of that darkness than last time," notes the shaman in response to the arcanists' spells.

Her spirit companion moves closer to the diabolical stickmen and lures them closer together, while the taller spirit appears next to Sureiya to reinforce his efforts.


Minor action: Spirit of Athas to F-29. +1 to defenses for allies + me if adjacent. Also Tome Expertise CA etc.
Move action: SC to E-25.
Standard action: Emerald Lure vs. will, centered at E-25, attacking Pike***s 1, 2, and 3. SC disappears.
- Attack (25, 33, 29) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4759233/
- Damage (9, 11, 9) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4759235/
- Pull Pi***eer 1 to D-25, ****** 3 to D-26.
Free action: Sudden Call SC to E-25, elevation 0.


Last edited at 15/01/25(Sun)15:37:07
>> No. 76027 edit
File 142224313199.png - (503.84KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelG.png )
76027
The shaman quickly calls her elemental spirit and attempts to utilize her spirits to block the narrow passages. She briefly dismisses the spirit to conjure a psychic lure, which has the desired effect of drawing the pikeneers closer with the promise of easier targets than the wind-shielded dragonborn. One of the pikers snaps out of it long enough to step back, and is seared by the paladin's radiance for its efforts. Again it tries to stab the big cat, but misses horribly.

Bernkastel summons her spirit of athas. Bernkastel moves her spirit companion. Bernkastel uses emerald lure, hitting pikeneer 1 and 3 for 9 psychic damage and pulls them, and also hits pikeneer 2 for 11 psychic damage. Sudden call resummons the spirit companion.
Pikeneer 3 shifts and takes 12 radiant damage. It attacks Rutger with its pike but misses.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 24
Shadar-kai Marksman (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 43/70 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 81/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, +7 power to AC
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-29) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 43/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (G-26) 30/67 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 lightning/thunder, CA against shadar-kai marksman, 1d8 extra damage on lightning/thunder powers
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-22) 71/77 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (E-25)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (F-29)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-30) -9 HP, insubstantial, slowed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (D-25) -41 HP
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -25 HP, dazed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -21 HP
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-25) -40 HP, immobilized
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-26) -29 HP, slowed

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
Bridge of shades bridges two squares. Until the end of Myn's next turn, the two squares are considered to be adjacent to each other for the purpose of movement or making melee attacks. Moving from one square to the other is teleportation, although a creature doesn't need to be able to see the destination square.
>> No. 76029 edit
Torinn gives the pikeneers a second to come to the realization that they are stuck here with him, before his face splits into a smile. From there he opens up to roar at them, bathing them in lightning. Light stabs at one of them, and Torinn poses for a moment before slashing at the enemy. The moment is a bit too long, though, and he ends up missing.

Dragon Breath against Pikeneer 1 and Pikeneer 2 reflex: http://orokos.com/roll/249990 (25 and 28, hit for 3 damage and divine sanction)
Miss http://orokos.com/roll/249993

>> No. 76030 edit
File 142232392124.png - (503.84KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelH.png )
76030
The torrent of lightning that erupts from Torinn's maw catches both pikeneers fully--they don't seem particularly nimble. With both sanctioned. Torinn strikes at the daze piker with his blade, and though it manages to parry the brunt of the blow, the holy energy surrounding the paladin's sword still discharges and sears the unfortunate shadar-kai.

With a gleam in his eye, Bifrons unleashes a pair of short sword attacks, one striking the half-orc solidly in the shoulder. As he disengages, another flash of blades cuts into Sureiya's side, though a twisting of the ranger's body manages to get his torso out of the way of most of the slice. As the viscount disengages, he becomes fully substantial once more, and sneers, "You'll never reach the Fell King, fools! Even if we do not kill you here, Batym is already preparing a surprise for you and your little friend..."

Torinn uses [color=yellow]dragon breath[/yellow], hitting pikeneer 1 and pikeneer 2 for 3 lightning damage and both are sanctioned until the end of his next turn.
Torinn misses pikeneer 2 with valiant strike, but holy smite deals 9 radiant damage to it.
Viscount Bifrons uses skirmish, attacking Sureiya once with his short sword and hitting for 15 damage and shifts to the side. Bladestorm deals 10 damage to Sureiya. He attacks again with his short sword but misses, then shifts back.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 24
Shadar-kai Marksman (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 81/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, +7 power to AC
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-29) 54/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (G-26) 30/67 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 lightning/thunder, CA against shadar-kai marksman, 1d8 extra damage on lightning/thunder powers
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-22) 71/77 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (E-25)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (F-29)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (F-31) -9 HP, slowed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (D-25) -45 HP, sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -37 HP, dazed, sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -21 HP
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-25) -40 HP, immobilized
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-26) -29 HP, slowed

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
Bridge of shades bridges two squares. Until the end of Myn's next turn, the two squares are considered to be adjacent to each other for the purpose of movement or making melee attacks. Moving from one square to the other is teleportation, although a creature doesn't need to be able to see the destination square.
>> No. 76031 edit
"You think so?" the ranger says, while enchanting his off-hand blade with a frozen stone. "Well, then we better hurry up an spoil our surprise."
Showing no hesitation, Sureiya purses his target and unleashes a finely aimed tornado of three attacks.

Using the bag's powers. Stow my main-hand weapon, retrieve and use a frozen wheatstone with a minor action and get back my main weapon.
Frenzied Skirmish against Bifrons! Move to F-30. Using Inevitable Strike it hits twice for 19 and 22. Also 6 extra damage comes from quarry and inevitable strike feature. Bifrons is also dazed and slowed until the end of my next turn.
Off-hand strike against Bifrons! A hit for 20 damage. 67 total damage.
http://orokos.com/roll/250140 http://orokos.com/roll/250142 http://orokos.com/roll/250143


Last edited at 15/01/26(Mon)21:53:23
>> No. 76032 edit
File 142234425248.png - (500.24KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelI.png )
76032
Sureiya counters the shadar-kai's taunts with a flurry of attacks, his every strike nicking Bifrons and leaving him off-balance. His snarling stance shows that he is not yet seriously wounded, but he is clearly worse off than he was a moment ago--and severely off-balance.

Torinn's armor turns aside a jab from the dazed pikeneer, and two crossbow bolts whiz off to his side. One manages to scrape Ramuh's torso, and spinning around to face the hungering darkness, the paladin can clearly see that the marksman has stumbled out of it. He regards the dragonborn with fury as he wipes some blood from his mouth.

Sureiya uses frenzied skirmish and off-hand strike with inevitable strike, hitting three times for a total of 67 damage. He is also dazed and slowed until the end of Sureiya's next turn.
Shadar-kai pikeneer 2 misses Torinn with its pike.
Shadar-kai marksman takes 19 necrotic damage from hunger of hadar. This bloodies it. It moves, and hits Ramuh with its hand crossbows once for 13 damage and misses once.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 24
Shadar-kai Marksman (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 1
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 81/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, +7 power to AC
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-29) 54/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (G-26) 27/67 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 lightning/thunder, CA against shadar-kai marksman, 1d8 extra damage on lightning/thunder powers
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-22) 71/77 HP, +5 power to damage rolls
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (E-25)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (F-29)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (F-31) -78 HP, slowed, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (D-25) -45 HP, sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -37 HP, dazed, sanctioned
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -21 HP
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-25) -40 HP, immobilized
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -48 HP (Bloodied), slowed

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
Bridge of shades bridges two squares. Until the end of Myn's next turn, the two squares are considered to be adjacent to each other for the purpose of movement or making melee attacks. Moving from one square to the other is teleportation, although a creature doesn't need to be able to see the destination square.
>> No. 76033 edit
Interrupt with sudden scales for +4 defences.
>> No. 76034 edit
Myn comfortably shoots magic from his fortified position.


Minor action: Sustain Hadar.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4761051/ (26)
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4761053/ (+2 so 9)

(Move action->)Minor action: Curse Pikeneer 2.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Pikeneer 2.
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4761058/ (29)
Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4761059/ (39)


Last edited at 15/01/27(Tue)14:01:18
>> No. 76035 edit
File 142240701342.png - (498.42KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelJ.png )
76035
A sudden set of scales that covers the gensai's skin turns away the crossbow bolt at the last moment, sparing Ramuh a bloodying blow.

Myn's zone of hungering darkness persists thanks to the warlock's concentration, though he does not get so lost in his thoughts that he is not able to direct a curse and an eldritch beam towards the nearest pikeneer. It scores a well-placed hit, spearing the shadar-kai clean through, causing him to double over and spit out blood as the warlock's curse dissipates and spreads to the other nearby foes.

As this happens, a canister lands on the ground underneath Torinn, then bursts into a cloud of vapor that reinforces the dragonborn's resolve. The tinker gnome hops backwards and shoots off a quick crossbow bolt that strikes the doubled-over pikeneer right in the center of his back, turning its armor a bright red as the force of the blow spins the pike-wielder around completely. Sid's magic crossbow discharges energy that highlights the holes in the piker's defenses and enchants Myn's implements to become temporarily more effective.

Ramuh's sudden scales makes the hand crossbow attack miss. +13 HP.
Myn sustains hunger of hadar, hitting the forcemage for 9 damage.
Myn curses the pikeneer 2 and hits it with eldritch blast for 39 damage. Rod of corrupion spreads the curse.
Sid uses resistive formula on Torinn. Sid moves. Sid uses magic weapon and crits pikeneer 2 for 27 damage. http://orokos.com/roll/250419 http://orokos.com/roll/250421 It also grants combat advantage until the end of his next turn. Myn gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and +5 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of Sid's next turn.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): 24
Shadar-kai Marksman (Enemy): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 1, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 81/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, resistive formula (+1 AC)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-30) 54/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (G-26) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, CA against shadar-kai marksman, 1d8 extra damage on lightning/thunder powers
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-20) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (E-25)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (F-29)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (F-31) -78 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (D-25) -45 HP, sanctioned, cursed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -103 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -21 HP, cursed
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-25) -49 HP, immobilized, cursed
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -48 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 76036 edit
Ramuh continues bringing down lightning on his foes: as the thematically inappropriate scales fade away, the genasi responds with a blast of lightning, surging past the near dead pikeneer as it does. Ramuh can't help but let one spark go for the pikeneer's face.

Satisfied with the pikeneer's death, the mage calls upon additional reserves to send another blast of lightning at the marksman, before retreating behind the owlbear.


Standard Action: Lightning Strike on Marksman:
http://orokos.com/roll/250440
27 vs Reflex, on hit, 28 damage and 5 damage to the pikeneer at F-25.


AP: Standard Action: Dancing Lightning on Marksman:
http://orokos.com/roll/250447
23 vs Reflex, on hit, 26 damage and 5 damage to force mage.

Move Action: To F-22


Last edited at 15/01/27(Tue)19:09:31
>> No. 76037 edit
File 142241558739.png - (492.37KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelK.png )
76037
A bolt of lightning descends upon Ramuh's command upon the crossbow-wielding shadar-kai, and an arcing bolt marks the end of the wounded pikeneer, who topples in a heap. Another blast of lightning that dances from Ramuh's staff and strikes down the marskman and exploding in a gigantic bolt of energy that sears the forcemage still in the hungering darkness. The genasi then retreats out of view.

The forcemage stumbles out of the darkness, looking quite worse for wear, then waves his staff in Torinn's direction. A bolt of force strikes the paladin solidly in the chest, but it is completely absorbed by the vitality granted to him by Sid's earlier infusion. A jab from the nearby piker knocks the dragonborn slightly off-balance, then retreats, leaving itself open to attack as it does so.

Ramuh uses lightning strike, which hits the marksman for 28 lightning damage and pikeneer 2 for 5 lightning damage, which kills it. Ramuh spends an action point!
Ramuh uses dancing lightning barely hits the marksman for 26 lightning damage, killing it and dealing 5 lightning damage to the forcemage.
The shadar-kai forcemage takes 19 damage from hunger of hadar. It moves out of the hadar zone, then uses force spike, hitting Torinn for 20 force damage. Torinn activates his resistive formula to gain 30 temporary hit points before it hits. It knocks him prone but his solid greaves absorb it.
Shadar-kai pikeneer moves, PROVOKING AN OPPORTUNITY ATTACK FROM TORINN, then attacks Torinn with its pike, hitting for 25 damage.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, resistive formula (+1 AC)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-30) 54/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-22) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, CA against shadar-kai marksman, 1d8 extra damage on lightning/thunder powers
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-20) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (E-25)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (F-29)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (F-31) -78 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-25) -45 HP, sanctioned, cursed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -21 HP, cursed
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (C-23) -73 HP (Bloodied), immobilized
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 76038 edit
"Ready, Mr. Sureiya? Press on here."

The taller spirit moves next to Bifrons again. The smaller spirit uses the cover of magical darkness to get closer to the pikeneers, and from there uses its otherworldy aura to unsettle them. An iron archon infuses Sureiya, and the shaman pushes it a bit further to make the power linger for a bit longer.

Move action: Spirit of Athas to G-30. Spirit companion to B-26 elevation 1 through high elevation to stay out of Repel range until it's safely inside Hunger of Hadar, avoiding repel that way for the final square.
>Start: E-25 elevation 0.
>E-25 elevation 1, D-26 elevation 2, C-26 elevation 2, B-26 elevation 1.
Minor action: Adaptive Stratagem for Sureiya. +5 power bonus to damage rolls until EoNT.
Standard action: Direct the Strike for Sureiya.


Last edited at 15/01/27(Tue)20:08:16
>> No. 76039 edit
Sureiya continues his assault.
MBA: A hit for 17 damage http://orokos.com/roll/250482
>> No. 76040 edit
Friendly reminder that Forcemage is missing 9 points of damage from a missing 1d8 of Promise of Storm, and 5 from a missed bonus in Hunger of Hadar damage.
http://orokos.com/roll/250508


Last edited at 15/01/27(Tue)23:22:24
>> No. 76041 edit
File 14224297546.png - (492.99KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelL.png )
76041
Torinn's sundblade slices into the vulnerable pikeneer, splattering its blood across the keep's floor. Meanwhile, the shaman's spirits slide into a strategic position, and an iron archon infuses Sureiya with enough energy for a follow-up strike with his main-hand blade. He succeeds in driving Bifrons further back, and the shadar-kai's face twists in a raging snarl.

Torinn's opportunity attack hits pikeneer 1 for 15 damage. This bloodies it http://orokos.com/roll/250506
Bernkastel moves her spirit companion and spirit of athas. Bernkastel uses adaptive stratagem to grant Sureiya a +5 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of her next turn. Bernkastel uses direct the strike, and Sureiya's melee basic attack hits Viscount Bifrons for 17 damage.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, resistive formula (+1 AC)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (E/F-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-30) 54/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-22) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-20) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-26, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (G-30)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (F-31) -95 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-25) -60 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -21 HP, cursed
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (C-23) -82 HP (Bloodied)
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 76042 edit
Torinn sneers with infuriating smugness at the forcemage. "What's wrong?" he taunts, "did we wreck your plans? Oooh, you guys are so burned." The big cat moves up and attempts to knock a pikeneer to the ground, but Torinn's not paying attention, and it resists his attack.

shift to D/E-26/27
miss with battle pounce http://orokos.com/roll/250593


Last edited at 15/01/28(Wed)10:24:23
>> No. 76044 edit
File 142250764767.png - (492.26KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelM.png )
76044
Torinn's big cat lunges forward as he delivers his taunts, and the pikeneers just barely manage to scramble away. Bifrons unleashes another flurry of attacks as his skirmishes around Sureiya in a dazed state, but he leaves himself open enough with the clumsy blows for the half-orc to slice a shallow cut along his torso as he backs away.

Torinn shifts, and Rutger misses with battle pounce.
Viscount Bifrons uses skirmish, attacking with his short sword and missing. He shifts and Sureiya takes 8 damage from bladestorm. As he shifts, Sureiya uses battle awareness and hits with melee basic attack for 17 damage. http://orokos.com/roll/250742
Bifrons spends an action point! Bifrons readies an action.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, resistive formula (+1 AC)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-30) 46/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power bonus to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-22) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-20) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-26, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (G-30)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-33) -112 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed, readied action
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-25) -60 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -21 HP, cursed
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (C-23) -82 HP (Bloodied)
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 76045 edit
Sureiya presses on. Realizing Bifrons' determination in his eyes, the ranger focuses on finishining him off before he can retaliate. Sureiya's muscles suddenly tense up and his skin takes a metallic color. Then he strides and swing his swords five times without a rest.
Move to G-32
Ruffling Sting, Action point Twin Strike and standard action Twin strike.
They all seem like hits, 24, 25, 34 , 23 and 17 damage. Forgot to add Gauntlets of blood to AP twin strike, so the total damage would be 24, 27, 36, 23, 17 and 12 from furious assault and quarry. 139, Bifrons' hp should be at -251.
http://orokos.com/roll/250818 http://orokos.com/roll/250819 http://orokos.com/roll/250820
http://orokos.com/roll/250821

>> No. 76046 edit
File 142258452415.png - (492.11KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelN.png )
76046
Sureiya closes the gap with the shadar-kai, and with a quick opening strike that draws blood, sets up another pair of strikes from his weapons. Main hand, then off-hand, followed by another set of sword slices drops Bifrons first to his knees, and then he falls forward on his face in a dead, wet heap.

Sureiya moves, then hits with ruffling sting, both hits of twin strike, and SPENDS AN ACTION POINT to hit two more times with twin strike, for a total of 139 damage. This kills Bifrons.

Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-19) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, resistive formula (+1 AC)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (G-32) 46/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power bonus to damage rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-22) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-20) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-26, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (G-30)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (G-23) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-33) -251 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed, readied action DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-25) -60 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -21 HP, cursed
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (C-23) -82 HP (Bloodied)
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 76047 edit

No action: Cloak sustain Hadar.
Move action: Move to F-25. Move Owlbear to E-25.
Minor action: Curse Forcemage.
Standard action: Cast Blazing Starfall centered at C-24.
Attack rolls:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4763384/

>> No. 76048 edit
Bathed in Bifron's blood, Sureiya walks towards the rest of the enemies, almost without giving it a second thought.
At Bifron's death, trigger Resume the Hunt. Move to F-26 and get +2 to all defenses until end of next turn.
>> No. 76049 edit
File 142260027424.png - (487.65KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelO.png )
76049
Myn strides forward and manages to hit nothing with the fiery ball he conjures in the sky. Sid has better luck, striking a pikeneer right in the back of the neck with a crossbow bolt, sending it staggering forward as the magical discharge energizes the implements of the nearby warlock and sorcerer. Another canister is thrown onto the ground underneath Torinn, and as he breathes in the vapors it spews forth, reinforcing his resolve.

Myn moves and curses the forcemage. He misses with blazing starfall.
Sid moves, and crits pikeneer 3 http://orokos.com/roll/250988 for 24 damage with magic weapon, granting Myn and Ramuh a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and +5 power to damage rolls until the end of his next turn. http://orokos.com/roll/250989
Sid uses resistive formula on Torinn.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-25) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, resistive formula (+1 AC)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-26) 46/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power bonus to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-22) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-24) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-26, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (G-30)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (E-25) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-33) -251 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed, readied action DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-25) -60 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -47 HP, cursed
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (C-23) -82 HP (Bloodied), cursed
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 76050 edit
Ramuh moves back to get aim at the shadar-kai that remain, but his aim is Torinn-like.

Move to F-27
Standard: Miss
http://orokos.com/roll/251042
(18 vs Reflex) (forgot +1 from Sid)


Last edited at 15/01/30(Fri)08:34:45
>> No. 76051 edit
File 142268046255.png - (484.26KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelP.png )
76051
The genasi's lightning strike proves too inaccurate to connect with the forcemage, and it becomes insubstantial as it quickly pops out of reality and then back in a short distance away. Gesturing with its staff, it conjures a massive upward wave of force strikes the dragonborn, but his barding prevents him from being knocked off his mount, though he becomes twisted in the barding's straps which prevent him from falling off. The pikeneer fails to take advantage of it, howewver, and Torinn's armor turns away the blow.

Ramuh moves to F-27, but misses with lightning strike.
The forcemage uses shadow jaunt, teleporting and becoming insubstantial until the end of its next turn. It then uses force spike and hits Torinn, whose resistive formula activates. Torinn takes 14 force damage and falls prone, but remains mounted due to his barding.
Pikeneer 1 misses Torinn with its pike.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-25) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP + 16 HP, resist 5 necrotic, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-26) 46/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power bonus to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-27) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-24) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-26, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (G-30)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (E-25) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-33) -251 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed, readied action DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-25) -60 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (C-27) -47 HP, cursed
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-22) -82 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
>> No. 76052 edit
File 14226836743.png - (21.44KB , 342x226 , CFTSW.png )
76052
The shaman flinches a bit at the carnage in the hallway. She then faces the remaining enemies and addresses them. "Your boss just met a really gruesome end. Do you still want to keep fighting?"

From inside the darkness, the smaller spirit companion expands its otherworldly aura, unnerving enemies enough to affect their accuracy. The taller spirit moves closer to the fray, granting its deflective properties to nearby allies, and an iron archon materializes next to Myn and infuses him for an attack.

Minor action: Call Forth the Spirit World. It has a lot of effects, so please refer to the image.
Move action: Spirit of Athas to D-25 elevation 1. There is a way involving elevations.
Standard action: Direct the Strike for Myn.


Last edited at 15/01/30(Fri)21:58:13
>> No. 76053 edit
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4764630/ (31)
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4764632/ (33)

>> No. 76054 edit
File 142269201544.png - (615.52KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelQ.png )
76054
The shadar-kai seem not at all inclined to either answer the shaman or cease fighting. Even the spirit's strange aura doesn't seem to phase them much, and as a directed eldritch beam pierces the wounded pikeneer, staggering it further, the other teleports a short distance and becomes insubstantial as it stabs at the owlbear with its pike.

Bernkastel uses call forth the spirit world. Bernkastel moves her elemental spirit.
Bernkastel uses direct the strike, and Myn's eldritch blast hits piker 1 for 33 damage.
Pikeneer 3 uses shadow jaunt, teleporting 3 squares and becoming insubstantial until the end of its next turn. He uses his pike and hits Apsaumbas for 15 damage.


Initiative
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): 32
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): 14
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (F-25) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP + 16 HP, resist 5 necrotic, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-26) 46/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power bonus to damage rolls, +2 to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-27) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-24) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-26, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (D-25, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (E-25) 24/35 HP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-33) -251 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed, readied action DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-26) -93 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (D-24) -47 HP, cursed, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-22) -82 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
Call forth the spirit world affects an aura 3, and enemies in the aura take a -2 penalty to attack rolls while bloodied allies regain 5 hit points at the start of their turns while in the aura.
>> No. 76055 edit
>>76054
The iron archon spirit flows from Myn to Apsa, warning the owlbear of the incoming attack and infusing her for a counterattack.

Immediate interrupt: Powerful Warning for Apsaumbas. +2 power bonus against that pike attack, and the MBA gets a +1 item bonus to attack.
>> No. 76056 edit
The owlbear, commanded to inflict harm on a living creature for the first time in its peaceful life of innocence, merely waves a claw uselessly at the target in a panic.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4764715/

Last edited at 15/01/31(Sat)00:36:35
>> No. 76057 edit
"Is that it?" Torinn scoffs at the forcemage's pitiful attack, righting himself before lashing out at the nearest pikeneer. It's about as effective as it was the last time, but with how their attacks have panned out, he's not going away anytime soon.

"stand" from "prone"
valiant strike + holy smite against Pikeneer 1 http://orokos.com/roll/251272 (21)

>> No. 76058 edit
File 132443542138.png - (50.17KB , 291x478 , kan_defa22.png )
76058
Still a little stunned, Sureiya hurls his flying sword against the less armored enemy in his range.
Ranged twin strike against Forcemage, one hit for 10 damage. http://orokos.com/roll/251417
>> No. 76059 edit
Myn kills something.

Minor action: Cast Fey Bargain.
Move action: Move to G-27 through a three-space route.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Pikeneer 1.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4765129/ (crit)
Damage roll: 39 + whatever bonus damage is

>> No. 76060 edit
File 142275150915.png - (618.77KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelR.png )
76060
Though the shaman's warning is timely, it isn't quite enough for the owlbear to parry the incoming blow, nor land one of its own. Torinn's sword swing is deftly turned aside from the pikeneer's pike, though the discharging radiant damage does sear it a little, and it goes to one knee before its head is pierced clean through by a spear of eldritch energy, which drains the last bit of life from it.

As it thuds against the floor, Sid moves into position to launch another bolt from his crossbow. Even the gnome seems surprised as it flies completely unerringly though the melee and pierces the chest of the insubstantial shadar-kai, discharging energy that empowers the weaponry of his nearby allies.

Bernkastel uses powerful warning, and the owlbear misses with its attack. This doesn't cause the pike to miss.
Torinn stands and uses valiant strike with holy smite, missing for 9 radiant damage.
Sureiya uses twin strike (ranged) against the forcemage, hitting once for 10 damage (reduced to 5).
Myn moves and uses fey bargain. Myn crits the pikeneer 1 with eldritch blast for 41 damage, killing it.
Sid moves, then uses magic weapon against the forcemage, scoring a critical hit for 18 damage (reduced to 9). http://orokos.com/roll/251433 http://orokos.com/roll/251432 Sureiya, Myn, and Ramuh get the effect of magic weapon.


Initiative
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-27) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 4, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP + 16 HP, resist 5 necrotic, prone
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-26) 46/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-27) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-26) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-26, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (D-25, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (E-25) 24/35 HP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-33) -251 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed, readied action DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-26) -143 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (D-24) -47 HP, cursed, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (A-22) -96 HP (Bloodied), cursed, insubstantial, granting combat advantage
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
Information on the magic circle and the magic pool is also arcana.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Hunger of Hadar creates a zone of darkness, blocking line of sight. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 2d10 necrotic damage.
Call forth the spirit world affects an aura 3, and enemies in the aura take a -2 penalty to attack rolls while bloodied allies regain 5 hit points at the start of their turns while in the aura.
>> No. 76061 edit
Ramuh continues to be ineffective, accidentally fumbling the grip on his staff: the lightning strike sears past Torinn and lands solidly against the wall.

"I, I apologise, Torinn Tormine," the genasi mumbles.

Miss:
http://orokos.com/roll/251453

>> No. 76062 edit
File 142277115425.png - (613.67KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelS.png )
76062
The genasi's lightning strike misses the forcemage, and it skirts around the place where Myn's hadar zone used to fill before waving its staff. Suddenly, a wall of blue, shimmering force erupts in front of Torinn and nearly completely blocks entry into the room. The barrier is mostly transparent, but completely solid, such that no effect can pass through it.

Ramuh misses with lightning strike.
The shadar-kai forcemage uses force wall, creating a barrier that blocks line of effect. It then moves.


Initiative
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Shadar-kai Forcemage (Enemy): 17
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-27) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 4, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP + 16 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-26) 46/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-27) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-26) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-26, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (D-25, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (E-25) 24/35 HP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-33) -251 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed, readied action DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-26) -143 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (D-24) -47 HP, cursed, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (-B-25) -96 HP (Bloodied), cursed, granting combat advantage
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Call forth the spirit world affects an aura 3, and enemies in the aura take a -2 penalty to attack rolls while bloodied allies regain 5 hit points at the start of their turns while in the aura.
The forcemage's force wall blocks line of effect, but not line-of-sight. It fills C-25 through C-28, as well as D-25 and D-28. It fills elevation 1 at C-25 and C-26.
>> No. 76063 edit
File 129819442072.png - (41.57KB , 161x272 , ~.png )
76063
>>76062
"If you surrender, my allies might let you live."

The taller spiritual member of said allies charges the forcemage, cutting into its target and vanishing with a gust of wind.

Minor action: Sustain CFTSW.
Move action: Spirit of Athas to -A-25. Spirit Companion to B-27, elevation 1.
Standard action: Spirit of Athas attack vs. Forcemage's reflex. Nonlethal damage. (26, 10 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4765369/


Last edited at 15/01/31(Sat)22:35:48
>> No. 76064 edit
File 142280899598.png - (622.92KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelT.png )
76064
As the forcemage falls to the elemental spirit's attack, the pikeneer nervously replies, "I suppose I can accomplish no more via defiance... very well, I will stand down." All it does is look like it's ready to defend itself.

Bernkastel sustains call forth the spirit world and moves her spirits.
Bernkastel uses her spirit of athas attack, which hits for 10 damage and disables the shadar-kai forcemage.
The shadar-kai pikeneer 3 uses total defense.


Initiative
Sureiya (Anonkun): 28
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 22
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 22
Ramuh (Lili): 17
Bernkastel (Voyager): 10
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): 9
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 8

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-27) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 4, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage, fails next save
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP + 16 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-26) 46/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-27) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +1 power to attack/+5 power to damage
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-26) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-27, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (E-25) 24/35 HP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-33) -251 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed, readied action DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-26) -143 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (D-24) -47 HP, cursed, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (-B-25) -106 HP (Bloodied), cursed, granting combat advantage DISABLED
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of shadar-kai is arcana. You already have information on the pikeneers and viscount Bifrons.
You can enter the room through squares E-25, E-26, or E-27.
Call forth the spirit world affects an aura 3, and enemies in the aura take a -2 penalty to attack rolls while bloodied allies regain 5 hit points at the start of their turns while in the aura.
>> No. 76065 edit
>>76064
Torinn reaches back and slips the macabre dragon skull mask over his face. Rutger carries him over to where the shadar-kai is standing, and stops in front of it. "You don't sound sincere," he says meaningfully.

Move adjacent
Minor action to flip down skull mask
Intimidate: http://orokos.com/roll/251547 (34)

>> No. 76066 edit
Myn suddenly wonders whether he's forgetting something for no reason.


Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4765914/
>> No. 76067 edit
File 142284461743.png - (625.19KB , 1010x670 , dragonlevelU.png )
76067
Torinn's intimidating display seems to go over rather well--the pikeneer drops its weapon and nearly falls over itself as it stumbles backwards and stammers out something unintelligible in reply.

Myn (Arcana): Myn is aware that the Shadowfell is a dark reflection of the material plane. A realm of fear, isolation, and death, the Shadowfell is not inherently evil yet is home to many evil creatures. Prominent denizens of the Shadowfell include the shadar-kai, the shadowborn (of which fell orcs are a variety),
the undead, and the vistani.


Final Stats

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-27) 48/70 HP, darkspiral aura 2
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 66/82 HP + 16 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (D/E-26/27) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-26) 46/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (G-28) 48/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (F-27) 40/67 HP, resist 5 lightning/thunder,
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (G-26) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (B-27, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (E-25) 24/35 HP

Enemies
Viscount Bifrons (Enemy): (G-33) -251 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, dazed, readied action DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 1 (Enemy): (C-26) -143 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, cursed DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 2 (Enemy): (F-25) -108 HP (Bloodied), sanctioned, granting combat advantage DEAD
Shadar-kai Pikeneer 3 (Enemy): (D-24) -47 HP, cursed, insubstantial
Shadar-kai Forcemage (F): (-B-25) -106 HP (Bloodied), cursed, granting combat advantage DISABLED
Shadar-kai Marksman (M): (A-24) -102 HP (Bloodied), slowed, cursed DEAD
>> No. 76068 edit
The shaman hasn't read about the shadowfell after all.
Arcana (11) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4766211/

Last edited at 15/02/01(Sun)19:23:39
>> No. 76069 edit
Myn investigates the fancy magic pool.
>> No. 76070 edit
"We need to search the bodies, disarm the survivors, interrogate them on Mr. Batym's surprise for us and... Thelkra? And investigate the scryi-"

>>76069
The shaman notices Myn already going, and nods.

"... while someone keeps a lookout. Then, everyone, please pick a task."

Last edited at 15/02/01(Sun)19:46:25
>> No. 76071 edit
File 14228604975.gif - (809.56KB , 225x183 , 1421192298423.gif )
76071
Myn notices that the scrying pool looks a bit warped by the hunger of hadar spell. It seems usable, but unstable. It can be directed to scry on any area burst 3 within 20 squares. No line of effect is necessary, and sound is also transmitted.
>> No. 76072 edit
>>76071

Myn directs the camera to scry every area in range sequentially until something of note is found.
>> No. 76073 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
76073
Myn's feedback from attempting to use the pool once isn't good. His first attempt at scrying gives him what appears to be complete darkness--perhaps the inside of wall. However, it feels as though reality is breaking down around the edges... and suddenly, he loses control of the area being scried upon and it begins to slowly wander, as the edges of the vision begin to deteriorate.

Myn gets the impression that the scrying pool is being directed at a level below your current location... and the view begins to shape into a hallway.
>> No. 76074 edit
Expert scryer Myn attempts to regain control of the apparatus.

Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4766417/
>> No. 76075 edit
"Is it okay to let them wander around?"
Sureiya stows his blades, takes a breath and approaches the guy who's still alive.


"I'll be take care of this" he says, while taking the pikeneer's weapons, and then inspecting it for any other thing he's carrying.
"This bow doesn't look half-bad" Sureiya adds.
Take weapons from everyone and place them in a corner, check their pockets too for valuables or concealed weapons.
Perception (16) http://orokos.com/roll/251698

>> No. 76076 edit
File 129988235697.png - (7.03KB , 93x103 , sak_derp.png )
76076
Having made it this far, Torinn knows exactly what to do next. Rutger emits a low growl at the prisoner, while Torinn quietly asks Bernkastel, "What do we want to ask him again?"
>> No. 76077 edit
File 131761042231.png - (15.19KB , 105x105 , bern123.png )
76077
>>76076
"... Mr. Bifrons mentioned a surprise for us and one other, possibly Ms. Thelkra."

Last edited at 15/02/02(Mon)09:49:44
>> No. 76078 edit
Sheathing his weapon and giving the helpful shaman a pat on the head, Torinn gets to interrogating the interrogateable prisoner. "What is Batym planning?" he snarls at the shadar-kai.

Last edited at 15/02/02(Mon)10:50:52
>> No. 76079 edit
>>76078
The shaman parries, and moves to look out the door for signs of danger.

Last edited at 15/02/02(Mon)10:52:41
>> No. 76080 edit
Ramuh decides to see what Myn is up to and determine whether anything useful comes from the scrying pool.
>> No. 76081 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76081
Ramuh notices that Myn seems to have managed to hold the image in place--it's no longer shifting out of control, but the warlock can't seem to direct its movements either. It's essentially frozen for as long as he can hold it, and the deterioration has ceased as well. What appears in the scrying pool appears to be a dark hallway, similar to the ones you've been passing through in the keep, but lined with doors--thick, metal doors with a tiny aperture near the top of the door that can be closed off with a sliding compartment. The doors appear to be designed for standard medium-sized humanoids, and the hallway is about ten feet wide, and appears to stretch for about twenty feet in front of your current vantage before turning a corner. The view is unfortunately not birds-eye, you appear to be looking forward through the corridor. The hall is illuminated by green-flame braziers.

The ranger discovers that the pikers are equipped with standard, non-magical longbows and curious long pikes which probably require special training to use effectively. Bifrons has a superior crossbow as well as a pair of short swords. All are carrying an assortment of regular arrows and, in Bifrons' case, crossbow bolts.
>> No. 76082 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76082
"How should I know that?" the pikeneer replies. He appears cowed, but still a bit defiant.
>> No. 76083 edit
Myn waits for something to happen.
>> No. 76084 edit
>>76082
He can't possibly know nothing. The shaman turns away from the hallway and looks at the pikeneer, letting her spirit companion watch instead.

Insight take 10. (25)

Last edited at 15/02/02(Mon)18:04:08
>> No. 76085 edit
Unaware of the scrying, the ranger decides to take one of the longbows with him, alongside with all of the quivers. "Let's take them all, just in case."
>> No. 76086 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
76086
Bernkastel: (Insight) As far as you can tell, he's mostly telling the truth. You get the sense he knows very little. But he might say more with a little encouragement of some kind.
>> No. 76087 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
76087
>>76086
"It sounds like he has an idea, even if he hasn't been told," the shaman informs Torinn.

Last edited at 15/02/02(Mon)21:29:54
>> No. 76088 edit
Swiftly tiring of the empty hallway, Myn asks for a second opinion.

"Mister Sid, I don't suppose you would mind trying your hand at repairing this arcane pool?"

Myn directs his gaze at the interrogee.

"Although if our friend here should continue to prove uncooperative, I may volunteer him as the components for a blood magic method that should prove fruitful."

Intimidate:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4767091/

Last edited at 15/02/02(Mon)21:59:31
>> No. 76089 edit
Still thinking about his new acquisition, Sureiya returns with the rest and adds something to Myn's comment.

"Could that wait until I finish my archery practice? I'd like to see how well I can handle an enemy while it tries to run away" he says, while stretching the string of the bow.
Intimidate aid another (24) http://orokos.com/roll/251931

Last edited at 15/02/02(Mon)22:35:04
>> No. 76090 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76090
"I-I think Marquis Batym was going after someone they suspected was skulking around the prison level," the pikeneer stammers, clearly fearing for its life. "He didn't mention anything about the other intruder, just that he thought there was one, b-but hadn't actually seen it!"

Sid wanders over to the scrying pool and has a look. He squints hard and ponders, then says, "Well... if I had a few hours, I might be able to work with it. I don't think we have that much time, though, best just to use as is!"
>> No. 76091 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
76091
>>76090
"Prison level? Please explain."
>> No. 76092 edit
"Someone lurking in the prison? That's Thelkra for sure" the ranger says, while holding an arrow in his left hand.

"We probably should give her a hand before finishing our little test with the dragons."
>> No. 76093 edit
Ramuh taps the scrying pool with is staff to see if anything happens.
>> No. 76094 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76094
Ramuh's efforts at provoking the scrying pool are unsuccessful in garnering a reaction.

"The bottommost level of the keep is where they lock up prisoners," the shadar-kai replies, his eyes darting from the warlock to the paladin.
>> No. 76095 edit
>>76094
"Mr. N, can you scry that? And Mr. Silversprocket, maybe a warning to Ms. Thelkra," requests the shaman as she plants the battle standard for the break.
>> No. 76096 edit
>>76095

"Our view appears to have halted at this location. It may well be this prison level, however."
>> No. 76097 edit
File 12958459827.png - (59.42KB , 776x450 , peekb.png )
76097
>>76096
At this, the shaman walks over to look. "... I see. Could one of Mr. N's pets take over the watch?"

The shaman conjures her smaller spirit into the alleged prison level.

Last edited at 15/02/03(Tue)20:14:02
>> No. 76098 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76098
Bernkastel summons her spirit through the scrying pool, and then it appears in the hallway, as you can see through the pool's field of vision.
>> No. 76099 edit
>>76098
Unless it senses immediate danger, the spirit looks around the corner(s) and mostly anything the scrying pool couldn't see before.

Last edited at 15/02/03(Tue)22:41:31
>> No. 76100 edit
Myn chucks his imp into the hallway as an invisible sentry.
>> No. 76101 edit
>>76099
well, I'll assume nothing attacks SC so it just wanders around and looks at everything it can, including through the apertures, and comes back and tells the shaman unless interrupted somehow like someone talking to it.
>> No. 76102 edit
"Good, that's much better. Now my practice will have to wait a little bit" the ranger says, preparing some rope from his bag.

"Now, stand still or my friend offer might still be up for consideration" he says, while restraining the pikeneer. Once he's done with it, he checks the unconscious guy, take his weapons away from him and tie him up as well.
>> No. 76103 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
76103
Myn's imp flutters out into the hallway and idles.

When Bernkastel's spirit returns, it cannot relay anything to the shaman other than the fact that its senses ceased to function after it was summoned through the scrying pool.

The pikeneer doesn't resist as he is bound. The forcemage is only carrying a normal, non-magical quarterstaff and wearing basic clothing.
>> No. 76104 edit
Ramuh is curious about the ranger's desire to check out the force mage's wardrobe, but decides not to mention it. After all, the fantasies of half-orcs surely aren't any of his business.

"So then, shall we continue? Or do we take a detour to the prison level?" The genasi pauses, then adds, "Of course, after we have taken a short rest and tended to our wounds."
>> No. 76105 edit
"The person who's lurking the prison is most likely one of our allies" Sureiya explains. "We should get ready soon and look for her."
>> No. 76106 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76106
Myn notices something happen in the scrying pool--a figure begins to skulk down the hall, staying close to the wall and quiet. It cautiously moves a few steps, then stops to listen before continuing towards the corner. It doesn't take long to see enough of the figure to notice that it is a familiar, slender half-orc figure dressed in leathers. Thelkra approaches the corner and looks around it, and the warlock feels as though the scrying pool is being "tugged" towards her for some reason. Releasing his hold on it may lead to the view following her.
>> No. 76107 edit
"We appear to have found her, Mister Sureiya."

Myn surrenders his hold on the pool to the scrying magnet.
>> No. 76108 edit
"We should send her a warning" then Sureiya turns to the shaman. "Would you send your spirit friend to warn her about we just were told?"
>> No. 76109 edit
File 130018229643.png - (45.36KB , 128x128 , thelkra.png )
76109
Thelkra stalks down the hallway, and rounds the corner. The scrying pool seems to be slowly following her--and whatever Myn did earlier, it seems to have been successful in slowing or perhaps altogether stopping the deterioration of the viewpoint, as it no longer seems to be getting smaller.

Around the corner is what appears to be a four-way intersection, but directly in front of the half-orc rogue is a heavy, wooden set of double doors that are locked with a large padlock. After peeking down the side passages, Thelkra approaches the double doors and pulls out what appears to be a lockpick of some kind.

Myn's arcane senses tell him something is off here... it's strange that it's following Thelkra on its own. It's almost as if the half-orc has attracted the attention of "something," a something that has seized control of the pool, possibly as a result of the earlier Hadar-related spell.
>> No. 76110 edit
>>76109

While Myn is tempted to allow the hijacking out of curiosity, any being capable of performing it is more likely than not on his blacklist.

"It seems that something nefarious is using this pool to track our clandestine friend."

Attempt to disable the pool, destructively if necessary.
>> No. 76111 edit
File 142326635940.png - (22.56KB , 128x128 , GeorgeToken.png )
76111
Myn determines that it might be possible to disable the device in a less destructive way, but force is far more expedient. The first eldritch blast blows apart a good part of the rim of the pool, causing a good portion of the water to spill over.
>> No. 76112 edit
Ramuh frowns at the warlock's display.

"It appears we must make haste then to save your wayward ally, although," Ramuh smiles wrly, "for a group intent on saving a kingdom, you have an unhealthy appetite for detour." The revenant adds, "Afore we venture out, though, I would counsel rest."

Unless there are objections, Ramuh directs the battle standard to be placed and replenishes his arcane reservoirs.

Take short rest. Spend one healing surge -after Battle Standard is planted-, then if no objections, have Sid regen the armour daily power.

Last edited at 15/02/06(Fri)16:59:01
>> No. 76114 edit
"Hey, just you wait! We should send her a warning first!" then, wondering why the shaman stayed silent, he takes the first sheet of paper he finds in his filled-with-stuff bag and uses it to write something on it. 'Beware, there's a trap ahead!' the ranger doodles on the note Thelkra once gave to him.
Then the stucks it in an arrow and prepares his bow.
"Hopefully you haven't completely messed it."

After that, and only if the ranger can spot a safe wall (a place where it would unlikely hit her) he shoots the arrow with the message through the pool
>> No. 76115 edit
>>76108
>>76114
"I'm sorry. For an unknown reason, the spirit could sense nothing. Still, we'll try."

The smaller spirit is conjured again, and this time, it appears directly in front of Thelkra, blocks her way with arms spread wide, and shakes its head.
>> No. 76117 edit
File 140791733250.png - (28.49KB , 128x128 , spirittoken.png )
76117
Thelkra responds rather violently to the sudden appearance of the spirit, wasting no motion in back-flipping and hurling a dagger. It spins as it slashes through the spirit, instantly dissipating it. It's only a second after she already attacks that she seems to realize what it was, and she begins to scan the area around her.

It's then she notices the arrow, though it came out at a strange angle due to the damage the scrying pool has sustained. The image seems to focus intently and darken around the edges as the half-orc approaches the arrow, and begins to read the note.
>> No. 76118 edit
Myn slays the pool.
>> No. 76119 edit
File 142329591280.gif - (2.00MB , 400x245 , 1420598508843.gif )
76119
Myn's continued eldritch blasts completely shatter the scrying pool beyond all usability.
>> No. 76120 edit
>>76117
>>76118
>>76119
Wincing at the damage, the shaman calls back the poor spirit and settles down for a rest. "Was destroying the pool really necessary? And why didn't the spirit's senses work?"

Last edited at 15/02/07(Sat)00:12:04
>> No. 76121 edit
"If the pool can be remotely accessed, it can be nothing but dangerous to us and Miss Thelkra. As for your spirit..."

Myn thinks for a moment.

Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4770702/
>> No. 76122 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
76122
Myn thinks it probably has something to do with the strange, evil entity that he sensed before. Beyond that, it's difficult to say.
>> No. 76123 edit
"...it may have been the fault of the watcher as well."
>> No. 76124 edit
At this, the shaman asks the pikeneer, "Are there similar pools elsewhere?"

Ready to short rest.
>> No. 76126 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76126
New thread~
>>76125
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason