[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
No. 76125 edit

The party takes a breather, and regains their strength in preparation for the trials ahead. The keep is eerily calm and quiet after Myn disposes of the scrying pool, with only the sounds the adventurers themselves make as they rest. Sid finishes up recharging his healing infusion and stores it away, saying, "Ready to head out!" The pikeneer replies to "Bernkastel"'s interrogation with a simple "Not that I'm aware of, no."

OOC: Short rest as outlined here >>76116 not sure which rest you wanted to do so assuming five minutes, unless the party decides otherwise.
Expand all images
>> No. 76127 edit
File 138112723687.jpg - (70.38KB , 400x447 , penguin.jpg )
76127
"We may need Ms. Thelkra, and Mr. Batym is after us as well, anyway. Should we take care of it first?" asks the shaman while drawing on the unconscious forcemage's face. Among other things, it now reads "kick me."

Last edited at 15/02/08(Sun)17:12:15
>> No. 76128 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76128
The shaman begins writing on the forcemage's face, but that is apparently enough provocation to stir it from its unconscious state. It pulls itself back as much as it is able, and glares.
>> No. 76129 edit
"While our task may best be accomplished with haste, an additional ally could prove yet more useful. We may as well attempt to make contact with Miss Thelkra."

The owlbear, not versed in the written word, licks the forcemage.
>> No. 76130 edit
"Byfron's threat left me a bad omen" Sureiya says, wondering if that caused his sudden rage. "Let's go to look for her at the prisons."
>> No. 76131 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
76131
"I-I think drawing more attention to Thelkra right now might blow her cover," Sid points out. "If they knew where she was, they'd have been attacking her already, yah? Maybe we should talk to the dragons first."
>> No. 76132 edit
Menacing the shadar-kai a couple more times, Torinn answers, "We go after her, of course."
>> No. 76133 edit
File 132447505226.png - (56.05KB , 160x223 , b1 (2).png )
76133
>>76131
"It's true that we're already here, and coming back up to finish the job could be difficult. But the next two dragons will be against us, right? Can we afford the delay? Mr. Gallard, your thoughts?"

The shaman also uses her gloves to remove Sureiya's bloodstains. Prestidigitation.

Last edited at 15/02/08(Sun)20:14:53
>> No. 76134 edit
File 140644621143.jpg - (100.87KB , 400x383 , demlich.jpg )
76134
"The dragons... I find it difficult to speak to what they would do, whether they would be with or against you," the talking skull replies. "The last two were not against you in any particular way... what makes you believe these will be?"
>> No. 76135 edit
>>76134
"The last dragon said the remaining two will be loyal to the Fell King."
>> No. 76136 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76136
"Loyalty to the Fell King does not necessarily preclude aiding you..." Gallard elaborates. "Again, the spirits have a different perspective than that of mortals... but there is no guarantee they will give you their aid, of course. It would be in error to assume them as necessarily hostile, though..."
>> No. 76137 edit
File 132978231090.png - (18.86KB , 158x118 , b2.png )
76137
>>76136
"I see."

The shaman thinks, then speaks. "Mr. Batym's presence, as the head of security, remains the greatest threat to both us and Ms. Thelkra. Her cover aside, I believe removing this threat would help everyone in the long run. If we could lure him to us, that would be best, but I am not particularly against chasing him into the prison level."
>> No. 76138 edit
"Thelkra's looking for Ms Craugmaul, stealth will not help her to take her out of there" the ranger growls, replying to Sid.
After taking a deep breath, Sureiya continues.

"Let's move fast to the prison level, we might find either of them there."
>> No. 76139 edit
Myn turns towards the forcemage.

"Describe the route to the prison for us, and I'll stop my companion from moistening your face any further."
>> No. 76140 edit
"I agree with Master Sid. Any undue detours would only delay us. Even now, the arms of Baldur's Gate clash with the armies of the Fell King." Ramuh shakes his head. "What matters the life of one, weighed against that of many? Is it not the best course to seek a hasty end to the conflict?"
>> No. 76141 edit
The sorcerer's words make Sureiya's determination stagger for a second, but it doesn't make him change his mind at all.
"...I can talk back about the lifes of the soldiers out there, but she's our friend and I want her back with us when this is over. Besides, if you truly seek a pacifict conclusion then she might play an important role, as a living descendant of Ragrim Dragonsworn."

Last edited at 15/02/09(Mon)14:07:07
>> No. 76143 edit
"A living descendant of the Fell King?" Ramuh looks perturbed for a moment, but quickly recovers. "Even if that were so, there is no telling whether the Fell King cares or not. You speak of a man whose ambitions amount to wholesale slaughter of a kingdom."

He sighs. "We can ill afford to chase after every friend and acquaintance of yours we might yet discover the presence of. With every breath that the conflict outside rages on, you risk losing more than a single friend.

"Now, if you insist on prioritising her over all else, then I shall offer no further resistance. We must needs stand in unity against our foes. I shall, however, counsel that we seek out the dragons, and leave your companion to her own devices."
>> No. 76144 edit
>>76143
"Mr. Batym remains a valid objective," points out the shaman. "Now that we know where he is likely to be, there's no reason to delay in dealing with him."
>> No. 76145 edit
"Fair enough. Removing an obstacle to our success is something I can get behind."
>> No. 76146 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
76146
"Wait, what?" Sid stammers slightly. "Thelkra is r-related to the Fell King? I-I had no idea!"

"There's a set of stairs that leads down that way on the north side of the grand entrance hall," the pikeneer replies fearfully once it notices the forcemage's defiant gaze. The forcemage turns furiously at the pikeneer, who backs away, managing to stammer, "I-I've never been down there myself, so I can't really describe any more to you!"
>> No. 76147 edit
File 129953423667.jpg - (62.16KB , 197x207 , sak_shock.jpg )
76147
>>76141
"What? Seriously?"
>> No. 76148 edit
File 13115685735.png - (71.55KB , 281x270 , bern82.png )
76148
>>76141
Uh, right. "Descendant? I'm really surprised."
>> No. 76149 edit
File 142353501319.gif - (0.96MB , 500x452 , 1357651403671.gif )
76149
Myn expresses neither surprise nor interest.
>> No. 76150 edit
"That is of course a secret... so you will stay quiet" Sureiya says, glaring at everyone, particularly at the two shadar-kai on the ground.

"Given the circumstances, I'm sure she will reveal it to Ragrim, but until then it would be wise not to give her a weird look, you understand?

Now, let's rush to the prison, I'll lead the way."
>> No. 76151 edit
File 142356092376.png - (1.46KB , 32x32 , FFXI_Beastman_Flag_Symbol.png )
76151
Leaving the disarmed and disabled shadar-kai behind, Sureiya leads the adventuring party into the grand hall you peered into earlier. You are on the second level, which is little more than an elaborate walkway that spans three-quarters of the room, flanking a grand set of stairs leading to the lower level. The room is illuminated by bright chandeliers that paint the room with an eerie, purplish-green light. There are ornamental weapons on the walls, but little else in the way of furnishing. The only other thing of note is an enormous carpet with an elaborate design that covers most of the floor on the bottom level. There appear to be at least three pathways you can see from your current vantage--one leading into the hallway that you suspect connects back to the keep's entrance, and two passages to the east and west that are blocked off by doors.
>> No. 76152 edit
>>76151
The shaman looks around for anything suspicious, while the smaller spirit flies around to look where the party can't.

Shaman's perspective. General perception. (26) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4773724/

>> No. 76153 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76153
The shaman has a look around but nothing jumps out as extremely dangerous or abnormal. The hall is quiet as of now. The spirit goes down to the lower level and has a look around, and nothing seems to antagonize it.
>> No. 76154 edit
The spirit returns to report.

Also, Spirit of Vigor: 4 THP for everyone but me.
>> No. 76155 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76155
The spirit notes that there appears to be an alcove with another door behind the stairs you would need to descend to reach the bottom level, on the north wall. It didn't see anything else of note that you couldn't already see from this level, but that door in particular appears to be made of heavy iron-reinforced wood.
>> No. 76156 edit
>>76155
"There seems to be a reinforced door below these stairs," relays the shaman, urging the party onward.
Perception again when the shaman can see the reinforced door. (27) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774200/

This time, the shaman just relays anything weird she finds.


Last edited at 15/02/10(Tue)17:10:54
>> No. 76157 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76157
The shaman doesn't notice anything that the spirit didn't notice upon descending the stairs. The door to the north appears to be locked, but not trapped. The other two doors are wooden, but do not look as heavy nor do they appear locked or trapped.
>> No. 76158 edit
Thievery check on the reforced door (36) http://orokos.com/roll/254469
>> No. 76159 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76159
Sureiya deftly handles the locked door, and it is now unlocked.
>> No. 76160 edit
>>76159
"Good job," says the shaman to the ranger. She opens the door with Mage Hand, and looks inside.

Perception (21) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4774477/

>> No. 76161 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76161
The lighting on the other side of the door is notably dimmer than that in the previous halls, and the foyer itself. Directly on the other side is a hall that extends about forty feet before ending in a metal door. The hallway is only about eight feet wide and ten feet tall, and lined with dimmer purplish-green torches. It's otherwise very similar to the rest of the keep's interior. There are no decorations you can see aside from the torches.
>> No. 76162 edit
The ranger clumsily walks ahead and checks the hall and the door ahead of them.
"Is this one locked as well?" he wonders.
Perception (18) http://orokos.com/roll/254572
>> No. 76163 edit
Ramuh's arcane senses are turned down a bit.

Check to see if I pick up anything magical. http://orokos.com/roll/254688
>> No. 76164 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76164
Ramuh does not detect any arcane traps or active spells in the immediate vicinity, and Sureiya doesn't spot anything unusual either. The door doesn't appear to be locked. There is, however, a small aperture near the top of the door that you could peek through to see the other side, should you get closer to it.
>> No. 76165 edit
The ranger silently approaches the door and take a peek thought the aperture.
Perception: 28 http://orokos.com/roll/254830
>> No. 76166 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76166
The range of vision is narrow, but it appears to be a wall roughly eight feet in front of the door with branching paths that lead to the left and right. Sureiya angles himself to see down the pathways the best he can, but they appear empty. To the left and right are more of the metal doors, which appear to have the same construction as the one you are currently looking through. You see two on either side from your current vantage.
>> No. 76167 edit
"It appears to be empty ahead" Sureiya says, opening the door and giving another look ahead.
Perception: 20 http://orokos.com/roll/254896
>> No. 76168 edit
>>76166
The shaman looks into this door as well, and then opens both doors, left and right, with Mage Hand.

Perception again. (16) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4775314/
>> No. 76169 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76169
The area seems clear. The hallway reaches to the left and right of your current position, and is roughly eight feet wide. Altogether the hall is probably about sixty feet long, with eight-foot passages to either side leading further north, though it appears to slope gradually downward as well. The walls to either side are lined with metal doors with apertures near the top. It appears that from this side, one can close off the aperture to prevent anyone on the other side of the door from seeing out. Each of the doors also has an elaborate, mechanical locking mechanism of some sort. There are no obvious traces of magic, though a more thorough investigation might reveal more.
>> No. 76170 edit
>>76169
The smaller spirit looks through every aperture, and also scouts as far as its available range.
>> No. 76171 edit
Myn extends his magic radar, spinning the imp horizontally by its tail.

Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4775325/ (19)
>> No. 76172 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76172
The apertures are all closed, so the spirit cannot look through them. In addition, attempting to mage hand open the doors fails, as they are locked. However, the spirit's scouting reveals that the halls on your left and right progress about one hundred and twenty feet forward and end at large, heavy iron-reinforced wooden doors. Beside these doors, the halls also bend back, suggesting a hall parallel to the one you currently occupy on the other end.

The group moves out into the hallway that leads both to the left and right, and a few of the group's members move closer to a door in order to inspect it. Myn's cursory examination reveals a very simple invisible arcane spell on one of the doors, that seems to be a rudimentary "alarm" system that alerts the one who cast the spell if the mechanical aspects of the door are altered--which is to say, if the apertures are opened or the locks unlocked.
>> No. 76173 edit
Myn employs his usual method of stuffing magic at it.

Alarm disable lore:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4775987/
>> No. 76174 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76174
Myn manages to erase the magical alarm system on the bottommost door on the right, though he senses it was a very narrow thing and he nearly triggered the alarm in doing so.
>> No. 76175 edit
"Did you do something to that door?" the ranger asks
>> No. 76176 edit
"I disabled the alarm spell on the door. I suspect the others to be similarly trapped, though it would be unwise to attempt the same with them all."

Myn attempts to open the door.
>> No. 76177 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
76177
Myn discovers the door is locked upon attempting to open it.
>> No. 76178 edit
File 130467051454.jpg - (39.79KB , 233x172 , mb2.jpg )
76178
"Maybe triggering the alarm and making lots of noise will call Mr. Batym to us. Perhaps by destroying the cell locks? Or at least the ones with occupants."

The shaman Mage Hands the apertures open in turn, starting with the one in front of Myn, while her spirit companion looks into them for occupants and points out the cells with them, if any.

Last edited at 15/02/14(Sat)05:06:35
>> No. 76179 edit
"Starting a mess here sounds good, just let's check this one first."
The ranger easily breaks in into the room where Myn deactivated the alarm and gets his blades ready. "Let's just force our way into the rest."
Thievery to open door (30) http://orokos.com/roll/255659
>> No. 76180 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
76180
As the shaman opens the apertures nearby with mage hand, her spirit can report that at least none of the cells in range of mage hand have any occupants. The interior of the cell seems to be a simple untended cot set against the wall as well as a metal bucket of some kind. Sureiya has no trouble opening the lock of the nearest cell and confirming the same.
>> No. 76181 edit
>>76180
The shaman tries a faster approach. "If there's anyone in the cells, say so," says the shaman loudly.
>> No. 76182 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
76182
There is no response to the shaman's loud inquiry.
>> No. 76183 edit
>>76182
The shaman and her spirit continue to work on the apertures.

As >>76178
Also perception again as I progress (27) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4778395/

>> No. 76184 edit
Myn moves to the large reinforced door on the left, scours it for magic, and attempts to open it if none is found.

Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4778399/
>> No. 76185 edit
File 130179153493.png - (84.90KB , 178x390 , 01.png )
76185
>>76184
"Mr. N, how about some faster and louder means for those doors?"

Last edited at 15/02/15(Sun)23:17:32
>> No. 76186 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
76186
"Got it." Sureiya looks at the closest locked door cell to him and slams against it.
Feeling the shame of defeat, he grabs his swords and does what's hes much better at, slashing things.
Str check against a locked door (20) http://orokos.com/roll/256081
Retaliate against door for loudiness with twin strike: http://orokos.com/roll/256083


Last edited at 15/02/16(Mon)00:29:31
>> No. 76187 edit
Ramuh just patiently observes the party's attempts to attract Batym's attention.

If a trap was being laid though, the genasi somewhat doubts that they could so easily provoke the enemy's chief of the guard.

>> No. 76188 edit
Torinn bangs on his shield.
>> No. 76189 edit
File 142417736399.png - (370.03KB , 1010x670 , dungeonA.png )
76189
Though Sureiya's attempts don't make much of a dent on the door, they do make quite a bit of racket. He does manage to put a few scrapes in it as Myn approaches the door at the far end of the hall. The spirit companion doesn't see anything out of the ordinary in the cells yet, though they do appear quite dirty.
>> No. 76190 edit
Torinn's paladin senses are tingling.

Move to S/T-1/2
>> No. 76191 edit
Ramuh feels secure enough where he is.
>> No. 76192 edit
Sureiya goes up next to Myn and looks around.
Move to W-1, perception (30) http://orokos.com/roll/256854
>> No. 76193 edit
As Sureiya moves forward and Torinn takes up his position at the front of the party, the half-orc hears approaching footsteps an instant before a familiar shadar-kai rounds the corner.

"Honestly, I'm insulted," the marquis announces, his eyes scanning the group clustered in the prison hall. "This serves my ends as well, however, so I'll indulge your childish provocations." Producing a casting rod in one hand, it looks like he is prepared for battle.
>> No. 76194 edit
File 14242553521.png - (259.77KB , 1010x670 , dungeonB.png )
76194
Sureiya's well-placed alertness seems to have paid off, as he is quickest to react--Batym still seems to be preparing his first spell as the half-orc springs to action.

Initiative
Sureiya (Anonkun): 31
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 19
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (W-2) 69/70 HP + 4 THP, darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 78/82 HP + 4 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (S/T-1/2) 41/41 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks
Sureiya (Anonkun): (W-1) 75/75 HP + 4 THP, resist 2 all when bloodied
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (X-1) 68/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-4) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder,
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-2) 77/77 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (R-1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-1) 35/35 HP + 4 THP

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (E-2)

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
>> No. 76195 edit
File 130678104694.jpg - (34.71KB , 163x195 , k04a.jpg )
76195
>>76194
Well, it worked.

"Mr. Gallard, quickly, please list Mr. Batym's strengths and weaknesses," the shaman whispers to the skull.
>> No. 76196 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
76196
"Marquis Batym is an accomplished spellcaster... capable of holding off many less adversaries," the skull replies in a low voice. "I am unaware of the exact nature of his powers..."

"Listen up! It's gonna be hard to keep in melee with him, because of his mental and shadow magic!" Sid calls out, readying his crossbow. "You'll need a strong will to resist his own! And he'll blast us with shadowy flames at long range, and be careful not to touch the conjurations those blasts create! His own will is quite strong, and he won't be as affected by mental afflictions."

Sid (Arcana): http://orokos.com/roll/256923 33
>> No. 76197 edit
File 131005666672.png - (102.01KB , 213x284 , bern79.png )
76197
>>76196
"Mr. Gallard, how is it that he knows more about Mr. Batym than you?" asks the shaman, gesturing to Sid.

"Anyway, is he really alone? Maybe his allies are circling around to get us from behind."
>> No. 76198 edit
File 140644621143.jpg - (100.87KB , 400x383 , demlich.jpg )
76198
"Why would I know Marquis Batym's capabilities...? His duties kept him in the Shadowfell, and mine kept me on Toril..." the skull replies nastily.
>> No. 76199 edit
"Sid, I'll need some help to reach Batym" the ranger informs, while focusing on the spellcaster completely.
Use begin the hunt. Batym becomes my quarry and I get +2 power bonus to attack until it is not my quarry anymore.
Delay after Sid.

>> No. 76201 edit
File 142434025146.png - (321.50KB , 1010x670 , dungeonC.png )
76201
"Roger that!" Sid replies, but before he can prepare the proper canister, Batym is already on the move. He gestures with his rod towards the group, and suddenly the dragonborn feels a shadow descend upon his mind--his thoughts are clouded, and his body begins to move of its own accord. With the paladin under his thrall, the marquis unleashes a burst of purplish flame from his rod, which descends into the center of the gathered adventurers and erupts outwards. "Burn!"

The poor battle tiger is completely engulfed by the dark flames, and nearly everyone else gathered around feels their strength burned away as the shadowy flames pass through them. The impact point has coalesced into a sphere of the dark fire, which looks dangerous to approach.

Sureiya delays.
Marquis Batym moves. Marquis Batym uses shadowed mind, hitting Torinn and he is dominated.
Marquis Batym uses dark fire, hitting Bernkastel, Myn, Sureiya, and Apsaumbas for 18 necrotic damage. Rutger is crit for 32 necrotic damage (reduced to 22) and Torinn is missed for 9 necrotic damage (reduced to 4). Everyone who is hit is weakened until the end of Batym's next turn.


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Sureiya (Anonkun): 24-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 19
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (W-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, weakened
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 78/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, dominated
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (S/T-1/2) 23/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, weakened
Sureiya (Anonkun): (W-1) 61/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, weakened
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (X-1) 50/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, weakened
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-4) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder,
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (Z-2) 77/77 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (R-1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Y-1) 21/35 HP, weakened

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (J-1)
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you.
>> No. 76202 edit
Without waiting for Sid's support, Sureiya dashes forward and reaches Batym with a well aimed welcome attack.
Move + Marauder's rush to K-1 (16 damage) change quarry die for slowing Batym until the end of my next turn. http://orokos.com/roll/257169
>> No. 76204 edit
File 14243712552.png - (321.52KB , 1010x670 , dungeonD.png )
76204
Sureiya charges into the fray and slices at Batym, throwing the shadar-kai off-balance. Though off-balance, the whirlwind that erupts from Sureiya upon Sid's crossbow exploding over his head doesn't manage to fully capture the marquis, but the wind does protect the half-orc from a stumbled charge by the dominated dragonborn. Just before the paladin launches his furious charge, Sid's slippery concoction slides his allies into more advantageous positions and makes movement easier for the lot of them.

Sureiya moves and charges Batym, hitting with marauder's rush for 8 damage (reduced from 16) and slowing Batym until the end of his next turn.
Sid moves and uses slick concoction, sliding his allies around. They also get +4 to Reflex until the end of his next turn. Sid uses gale-force infusion on Sureiya, but misses. Sureiya gains a +7 to AC until the end of his next turn. http://orokos.com/roll/257221
Torinn (dominated) charges Sureiya with his basic attack and misses. http://orokos.com/roll/257230


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sureiya (Anonkun): 27-1
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 19
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (R-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, weakened, +4 Reflex
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 78/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, dominated, +4 Reflex
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-1/2) 23/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, weakened, +4 Reflex
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-1) 61/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, weakened, +7 to AC
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (S-1) 50/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, weakened, +4 Reflex
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-4) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder,
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (U-1) 77/77 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (R-1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (T-2) 21/35 HP, weakened, +4 Reflex

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (J-1) -8 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
>> No. 76205 edit
"He appears to have addled the paladin's mind!"

Delay until after Bernkastel.
>> No. 76206 edit
File 138342336830.jpg - (106.32KB , 490x356 , locals.jpg )
76206
>>76205
Great. "Mr. N, Please consider letting Apsa watch the corridor around the corner."

The taller spirit companion appears next to Batym with a momentary gust of wind. At its commanding gesture, lightning strikes next to the shaman, and the storm archon spirit manifests briefly to hurl the shaman's javelin at Batym.

Move action: to O-1. SC to N-2, elevation 1.
Minor action: Spirit of Athas to J-2, elevation 1.
Free action: Bracers of Mental Might.
Standard action: Relentless Wounding vs. Batym. (36 vs. AC, 8 damage before weaken) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782034/
- Until the end of the encounter, your allies gain a power bonus to damage rolls against the target equal to your Intelligence modifier or Wisdom modifier. (+5)


Last edited at 15/02/20(Fri)00:48:10
>> No. 76207 edit
Myn meatshields the southern hall.

Minor action: Curse Batym.
Move action: Move to O-2 and then to P-2. Move Owlbear to Z-1.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Batym.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782183/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782184/ (36/2=18)


Last edited at 15/02/20(Fri)00:27:28
>> No. 76208 edit
File 142442281956.png - (323.38KB , 1010x670 , dungeonE.png )
76208
The shaman's congregation of spirits forms in the front ranks, and a brief visit from an archon guides her spear long enough to guide it towards the marquis. Though he deflects the spear's strike, the enchantment infused into the weapon by the archon discharges and illuminates the shadar-kai's weak points for the rest of the party. Myn immediately moves to take advantage of this, his owlbear guarding the back hall while he levels another eldritch beam towards Batym. It's rather weak, as the dark fire from earlier has sapped much of the warlock's power, but it strikes true and earns the half-elf a snarl.

Bernkastel moves and moves her spirit. Bernkastel summons spirit of athas. Bernkastel uses relentless wounding, hitting Batym for 4 damage (reduced from 8). Until the end of the encounter, her allies gain a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against Batym.
Myn moves and curses Batym, and his owlbear moves too.
Myn uses eldritch blast, hitting for 18 damage (reduced from 36).


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sureiya (Anonkun): 27-1
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 19
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, weakened, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 78/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, dominated, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-1/2) 23/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, weakened, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-1) 61/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, weakened, +7 to AC, +5 power to damage against Batym
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (O-1) 50/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, weakened, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-4) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder,
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (U-1) 77/77 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (N-2, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (J-2, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, weakened, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (J-1) -34 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, cursed (Myn)
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
>> No. 76209 edit
Ramuh advances past Apsa and into the corridor.

Move to X-1.
Total Defense.

>> No. 76210 edit
File 142451982615.png - (261.82KB , 1010x670 , dungeonF.png )
76210
As Ramuh moves into the fray, Batym suddenly explodes into a storm of shadow that erupts a short distance both forward and backward into the corridor--the backward burst reforms into the marquis as the forward burst rails against the defenses of those gathered in front and blinds them. The dragonborn and half-orc struggle with their vision as a torrent of dark flame engulfs them, further sapping their strength and leaving Sureiya's precariously close to unconsciousness. Myn feels his mind engulfed in the same shadow that has just released its hold on Torinn, and falls under the shadar-kai's thrall.

Ramuh moves and uses total defense.
Marquis Batym uses shadowstorm, hitting Torinn and Sureiya but missing Rutger for 25 damage, and they are blinded (save ends). Rutger is missed for 12 damage (reduced to 2 damage) and takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Batym's next turn. Sureiya is bloodied and gains 5 temporary hit points. Batym teleports a short distance.
Batym uses shadowed mind, and hits Myn. Myn is dominated.
Batym spends an action point! Batym uses dark fire, hitting Torinn and Sureiya for 21 necrotic damage and they are weakened (Torinn reduces to 16, Sureiya reduces to 19). Rutger and Bernkastel are missed for 10 necrotic damage (Rutger reduces to 0).


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sureiya (Anonkun): 27-1
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 19
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym, dominated
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 53/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic, dominated, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym, blinded (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-1/2) 21/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym, -2 to attack rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-1) 19/75 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 all when bloodied, weakened, +7 to AC, +5 power to damage against Batym, blinded (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (O-1) 40/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, weakened, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-4) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder,
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (U-1) 77/77 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (N-2, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (J-2, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, weakened, +4 Reflex, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (H-1) -34 HP, Sureiya's quarry, slowed, cursed (Myn)
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 2 (Conjuration): (N-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
>> No. 76211 edit
File 142453111273.png - (287.25KB , 1010x670 , dungeonG.png )
76211
The half-orc seems to still be reeling from the assault, and the tinker gnome rushes forward to provide him with some succor from one of his healing canisters. He attempts to level a crossbow bolt at the distant marquis, but he's still off-balance from avoiding the nearby dark flame.

Sureiya delays.
Sid begins his turn and the dark fire attack misses him.
Sid moves, then uses magic weapon but misses Batym. http://orokos.com/roll/257754
Sid uses resistive formula on Sureiya.


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Sureiya (Anonkun): 24-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 19
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, +5 power to damage against Batym, dominated
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 53/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic], +5 power to damage against Batym, blinded (save ends), weakened
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (L/M-1/2) 21/41 HP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage against Batym, -2 to attack rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-1) 19/75 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 all when bloodied, weakened, +5 power to damage against Batym, blinded (save ends), resistive formula (+1 power to AC)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (O-1) 40/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage against Batym
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-4) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder,
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (P-2) 77/77 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (N-2, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (J-2, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (H-1) -34 HP, Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn)
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 2 (Conjuration): (N-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
>> No. 76212 edit
With his mind clear but his eyes clouded, Torinn relies on his trusty battle cat to attack. Clearing the walls and cornering Batym should net them an advantage, right?

Jump up and climb over Batym : http://orokos.com/roll/257876 (41)
Battle pounce Batym at F/G-1/2 http://orokos.com/roll/257878 (24)

>> No. 76213 edit
http://orokos.com/roll/257880 saving throw (12)
>> No. 76214 edit
File 14226836743.png - (21.44KB , 342x226 , CFTSW.png )
76214
The dark fire sears the shaman, but to her surprise, almost all of the burn clears up with Torinn's healing. She nods in thanks to Torinn, and with less urgency for her own healing, she places the battle standard and pushes her spirit companion to expand the otherworldly influence.

Move action: To L-1, and SC to I-2, elevation 1.
Free action: Stow Chieftain's Spear.
Standard action: Draw and use Battle Standard of Healing as one action as per the bag enchant's property, at K-2.
Free action: Draw Chieftain's Spear.
Minor action: Call Forth the Spirit World.


Last edited at 15/02/21(Sat)21:25:25
>> No. 76216 edit
File 142458532315.png - (242.43KB , 1010x670 , dungeonH.png )
76216
Torinn's big cat leaps into the air, though not quite fast enough to bear the two away from the burning dark fire. The paladin drips a bit of blood on the ground as Rutger leaps clear to the other side of the hall, and then bounds over towards Batym. It attempts to pull Batym to the ground, but at the last moment the marquis fends off the beast's big claws.

Torinn's radiance does sear the shadar-kai slightly as dark fire burns away at the shaman, but the healing energies nearly erase all the damage done. With some quick movement and shuffling of items, "Bernkastel" produces the battle standard of healing and plants it as the spirit companion begins to project an aura that strongly resembles shimmering heat as its strange influence falls upon nearby creatures.

Torinn begins his turn and he takes 12 fire damage from dark fire. Rutger takes 9 fire damage (reduced to 4). This bloodies Torinn.
Bernkastel is attacked by dark fire, taking 12 fire damage (reduced to 10) but is healed for 8 hit points by Torinn's righteous radiance, which hits Batym for 6 radiant damage (reduced from 12). Bernkastel moves and moves her spirit.
Bernkastel plants the battle standard of healing, creating the burst 5 zone. She then uses call forth the spirit world.


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Sureiya (Anonkun): 24-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14-1
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, +5 power to damage against Batym, dominated
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 41/82 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic], +5 power to damage against Batym, weakened
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-1/2) 17/41 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage against Batym, -2 to attack rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-1) 19/75 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 all when bloodied, weakened, +5 power to damage against Batym, blinded (save ends), resistive formula (+1 power to AC)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (O-1) 38/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage against Batym
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-4) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder,
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (P-2) 77/77 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-2, Elevation 1), call forth the spirit world (burst 3: enemies take -2 to attack rolls, bloodied allies regain 5 HP at start of turn)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (J-2, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (H-1) -40 HP, Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn)
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 2 (Conjuration): (N-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
The battle standard of healing at K-2 creates a burst 5 zone. When a party member in the zone spends a healing surge, each of their allies in the zone regain 3 hit points.
>> No. 76217 edit
File 130320172546.png - (121.33KB , 700x700 , 13030761057.png )
76217
Almost overpowered by Batym's spells, Sureiya takes some good time before retaliating.
"You bastard, Bifrons told us about your little surprise, so we came here to stop you."
Move to I-1.
Twin strike (one hit for 16 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/257923
Exchange quarry damage for slow until end of next turn.


Last edited at 15/02/22(Sun)03:35:43
>> No. 76218 edit
File 142462352745.png - (294.15KB , 1010x670 , dungeonI.png )
76218
As Sureiya's blades slash towards Batym he continues to parry despite being driven back by the stronger of the two blows. "Foolish! Your friend is already blundering into my trap. All that is left is to deal with your incursion."

Suddenly an eldritch beam catches the half-orc in the back of the head. Though the ranger is barely conscious, both he and Torinn notice that behind them is a spiral set of stairs leading downward down an east-west hallway to the north.

Sureiya moves and uses twin strike, hitting once for 16 damage (reduced to 8). Batym is slowed until the end of Sureiya's next turn.
Myn uses eldritch blast, hitting Sureiya for 15 damage (reduced to 13). http://orokos.com/roll/257961


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Sureiya (Anonkun): 14-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14-2
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, +5 power to damage against Batym, dominated
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 41/82 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic], +5 power to damage against Batym, weakened
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-1/2) 17/41 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage against Batym, -2 to attack rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-1) 6/75 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 all when bloodied, weakened, +5 power to damage against Batym, blinded (save ends), resistive formula (+1 power to AC)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (O-1) 38/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage against Batym
Ramuh (Lili): (AA-4) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder,
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (P-2) 77/77 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-2, Elevation 1), call forth the spirit world (burst 3: enemies take -2 to attack rolls, bloodied allies regain 5 HP at start of turn)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (J-2, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (H-1) -40 HP, Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), slowed
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 2 (Conjuration): (N-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
The battle standard of healing at K-2 creates a burst 5 zone. When a party member in the zone spends a healing surge, each of their allies in the zone regain 3 hit points.
>> No. 76219 edit
Ramoo advances, lightning crackling around his form in a promise of storms to come. The elder caster quickly exchanges his stormfury staff for the staff of ruin he was previously fond of, and uses it to call down a violent fury of storms on Batym.

Move to R-1.
Minor: Promise of Storm.
Free: Stow Stormfury Staff.
Free: Draw Staff of Ruin.
Standard: Pinning bolt on Batym
http://orokos.com/roll/257978
28 vs Reflex
30+5 (Relentless Wounding) damage + Prone.

AP: Standard: Lightning strike on Batym
http://orokos.com/roll/257983
http://orokos.com/roll/257985
CRIT for 37 damage + 11 damage, total 48 damage.
Direct 5 damage into N-1 darkfire if possible.

Total damage if all hits: 83

>> No. 76220 edit
Torinn grants succor to his mount, and bolsters his accuracy for any further attacks against the Marquis.

Shield of Devotion reaction on Rutger, heal him for 5 HP and gain +2 power bonus to next attack roll
>> No. 76221 edit
File 142462918657.png - (269.12KB , 1010x670 , dungeonJ.png )
76221
The genasi finally enters the fray, and it's a rather dramatic entrance--the first blast of storm power knocks Batym to the ground, and a follow-up strike of lightning sends electricity coursing through the shadar-kai's entire body. The marquis is still twitching slightly as he pulls himself to his feet. With a sweeping gesture, Batym reminds the party that he's still far from beaten by raising a barrier of grasping shadows around him, which Torinn and Sureiya manage to evade. Unfortunately, they still cloud their senses just enough for them to fail to capitalize on his follow-up attempt at domination of Ramuh. Fortunately, the sorcerer's will proves too strong for him to overcome.

Rutger, on the other hand, seems quite drained by the grasping shadow and held in place temporarily. Sid strides forward and tosses a healing canister at Sureiya's feet, and then waves his crossbow and chants a quick arcane spell. Torinn's armor suddenly glows briefly and blasts Batym with another burst of thunder, leaving the shadar-kai even more rattled.

Ramuh moves and uses promise of storm. Ramuh uses pinning bolt, hitting Batym for 35 lightning damage and knocking him prone.
Ramuh spends an action point! Ramuh uses lightning strike, critting for 48 damage.
Batym stands from prone. Batym uses grasping shadow, missing Sureiya and Torinn but hitting Rutger for 21 damage (reduced to 11). Rutger is immobilized until the end of Batym's next turn.
Batym uses shadowed mind but misses Ramuh.
Sid moves. Sid uses swift mender on Sureiya, granting him a saving throw.
Sid uses thundering armor, hitting Batym for 21 thunder damage. http://orokos.com/roll/257995


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Sureiya (Anonkun): 14-1
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 14-2
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 3, shadow walk, +5 power to damage against Batym, dominated
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 41/82 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic], +5 power to damage against Batym, can't take opportunity actions, +1 power to AC
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-1/2) 6/41 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage against Batym, -2 to attack rolls, can't take opportunity actions, immobilized
Sureiya (Anonkun): (I-1) 6/75 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage against Batym, blinded (save ends), resistive formula (+1 power to AC), can't take opportunity actions
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (O-1) 38/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage against Batym
Ramuh (Lili): (R-1) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage against Batym, promise of storm
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-2) 77/77 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (I-2, Elevation 1), call forth the spirit world (burst 3: enemies take -2 to attack rolls, bloodied allies regain 5 HP at start of turn)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (J-2, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (H-1) -123 HP, Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), slowed, prone
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 2 (Conjuration): (N-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
The battle standard of healing at K-2 creates a burst 5 zone. When a party member in the zone spends a healing surge, each of their allies in the zone regain 3 hit points.
>> No. 76222 edit
File 142463192228.jpg - (83.78KB , 400x587 , sak_tailgrab.jpg )
76222
Torinn's sight returns, as does some of health. This is the shaman's doing, and he acknowledges that by thanking her. However, he finds his faithful mount badly wounded and held fast! Alleviating some of Rutger's pain, the paladin focuses his ire on Batym. Holy light runs through the marquis, spearing him where he is; Torinn traces the path of the light with his blade and strikes true, knocking the stupid out of Batym and imparting some vigor to Rutger. He grants further aid by sacrificing part of his own vitality to heal Sureiya, and stands fast.

Batym isn't going to get past. Not on his watch.


Strike of Hope + Holy Smite: http://orokos.com/roll/258000 (35, 27) Batym is dazed until end of my next turn, and Rutger gains 10 THP
Use second wind to heal Sureiya


Last edited at 15/02/22(Sun)11:12:19
>> No. 76223 edit
The shaman looks surprised with Ramuh's effectiveness. Meanwhile, seeing Torinn keeping the party's health up, her shorter spirit companion works on preventing Batym's inevitable escape attempt instead.

Move action: Spirit of Athas to I-1, elevation 1. Spirit Companion to J-2.
Standard action: Emerald Lure. (23 vs. will, 14 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4784296/
- On a hit, pull Batym to I-2. He should be marked by Torinn.
No action: Heroic Effort for the Emerald Lure miss. +4 to the attack.
Free action: Sudden Call SC to J-1, elevation 1.
Minor action: Sustain CFTSW.

>> No. 76224 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
76224
"You're stupid if you think she would be that easy to kill."
As if trying to make a point with his own blades, Sureiya swings fast, not doing so great at his first two attempts, but landing a very solid hit on his third, while unleashing some of his half-orc rage on his attack.
Save throw from Sid to stop blind (14) http://orokos.com/roll/258034
Twin strike! (one hit for 17 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/258036
Exchange quarry damage die to keep Batym slowed.
Off-hand strike! (crit for 35 damage) Then also add Furious Assault for extra (10 damage.)
http://orokos.com/roll/258037 http://orokos.com/roll/258038


Last edited at 15/02/22(Sun)12:31:15
>> No. 76225 edit
Delay until after Ramuh.
>> No. 76226 edit
Ramuh capitalises on his present advantage, quickly swapping back to his stormfury staff and releasing more lightning at the wounded Batym as he maintains the distance.

"Scurry back from whence you came!" the genasi thunders.

Free: Stow staff of ruin
Free: Draw stormfury staff
Minor: Slap Myn
Standard: slap Batym with Lightning strike
http://orokos.com/roll/258054
32 vs Reflex
29 damage (halved to 14/15 due to insubstantial nonsense)

Move to X-1

>> No. 76227 edit
After Batym teleports, Sureiya follows him.
Move to K-2
>> No. 76228 edit
Myn's mind scurries back to him and he punches Batym with it.


Move action: Move to O-2 and then to Q-2.
Minor action: Curse Batym.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Batym.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4784508/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4784513/

>> No. 76229 edit
File 142471507898.png - (287.97KB , 1010x670 , dungeonK.png )
76229
Torinn's righteous smite nearly bowls Batym over. The shaman's spirits move into position and one disappears briefly, drawing Batym closer and setting up a storm of blows from Sureiya which mercilessly hacks apart the marquis's armor. At the first sign of blood, Batym vanishes from sight and reappears a short distance later, somewhat less substantial than before. This insubstantiality does protect him from the continued assault from Ramuh and Myn, whose magics manage to cause some minor damage to the shadar-kai.

"You've not won yet!" the marquis calls out, disappearing again and escaping the adventurers long enough to hurl another ball of dark fire. The only one who seems fully caught in the explosion is Sureiya, and a timely bolt from Sid that flies way off-target nevertheless distracts Batym for a moment, and it explodes against the wall, releasing a healing mist that rejuvenates half of the adventuring party. Sid releases another magic bolt that is more accurate, and though burned by the nearby flaming sphere, he does manage to hit and enchant the weapons of his nearby allies. He then slips away to prevent further damage from the dark flame.

Torinn's shield of devotion allows Rutger to regain 5 hit points. Torinn and Rutger regain 7 hit points from call forth the spirit world at the start of his turn.
Torinn uses strike of hope with holy smite, hitting for 27 radiant damage. Batym is dazed until the end of Torinn's next turn and Rutger gains 10 temporary hit points.
Torinn uses his virtue of sacrifice feature, expending a surge and his second wind to allow Sureiya to regain 19 hit points. Torinn, Rutger, Sureiya, and Bernkastel regain 3 hit points from the battle standard of healing.
Bernkastel moves her spirits and uses emerald lure, using heroic effort to hit for 14 psychic damage and pulling Batym. Bernkastel resummons her spirit and sustains call forth the spirit world.
Sureiya saves against being blind and regains 7 hit points.
Sureiya uses twin strike, hitting once for 17 damage and slowing Batym again.
Sureiya uses off-hand strike, hitting for 45 damage with furious assault. This bloodies Batym, triggering bloodied jaunt, allowing him to immediately use shadow jaunt to teleport and become insubstantial until the start of his next turn. Shadow jaunt then recharges.
Sureiya moves.
Ramuh prepares his stormfury staff and uses lightning strike, hitting Batym for 14 lightning damage (reduced from 29). He moves.
Myn moves and recurses Batym. Myn uses shared agony, hitting for 17 psychic damage (reduced from 34).
Batym uses shadow jaunt, teleporting 3 squares and becoming insubstantial until the start of his next turn.
Batym uses dark fire, hitting Sureiya for 21 necrotic damage and Sureiya is weakened until the end of Batym's next turn. Sid misses Batym with healer's momentum for 10 damage (reduced to 5), Sureiya spends a healing surge and regains 21 hit points. Bernkastel, Sureiya, Torinn, and Rutger regain 3 hit points from the battle standard. Bernkastel gains 17 temporary hit points and Torinn gains 25 temporary hit points. Bernkastel and Torinn are missed for 10 necrotic damage (Torinn reduces to 5). http://orokos.com/roll/258365
Sid begins his turn and is hit by the dark fire attack for 10 fire damage. Sid hits Batym with magic weapon for 18 damage (reduced to 9) (25 with CA). http://orokos.com/roll/258368
Sid moves.


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Sureiya (Anonkun): 14-1
Ramuh (Lili): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 13-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Q-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 4, shadow walk, +5 power to damage against Batym
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 54/82 HP + 20 THP, resist 5 necrotic], +5 power to damage against Batym, +1 power to AC
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-1/2) 24/41 HP + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage against Batym, +2 power to attack rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-2) 38/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage against Batym, resistive formula (+1 power to AC), weakened, +1 power to attack rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (O-1) 44/68 HP + 7 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage against Batym, +1 power to attack rolls
Ramuh (Lili): (X-1) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage against Batym, promise of storm
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-2) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (J-1, Elevation 1), call forth the spirit world (burst 3: enemies take -2 to attack rolls, bloodied allies regain 5 HP at start of turn)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (I-1, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (H-1) -271 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), slowed, dazed, -2 to attack rolls, insubstantial, -2 to attack rolls that don't include Torinn
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 2 (Conjuration): (N-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 3 (Conjuration): (K-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
The battle standard of healing at K-2 creates a burst 5 zone. When a party member in the zone spends a healing surge, each of their allies in the zone regain 3 hit points.
>> No. 76230 edit
Sureiya hurls his magical blade, attempting to stop Batym's attack.
Disruptive Strike! (19 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/258372
>> No. 76231 edit
>>76229
"Don't fool yourself, Mr. Batym. Of course we have."

The shaman then bosses around the party. "Please hold until his ghost-thing wears off."
>> No. 76232 edit
File 142471828242.png - (288.78KB , 1010x670 , dungeonL.png )
76232
A well-placed hurled blade from the half-orc shifts his position just enough such that he avoids the worst of the explosion of dark fire.

Sureiya's disruptive strike hits for 9 damage (reduced from 19), causing dark fire to miss him for 10 damage.

Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Sureiya (Anonkun): 14-1
Ramuh (Lili): 13
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 13-1

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Q-2) 55/70 HP, darkspiral aura 4, shadow walk, +5 power to damage against Batym
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 54/82 HP + 20 THP, resist 5 necrotic], +5 power to damage against Batym, +1 power to AC
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-1/2) 24/41 HP + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage against Batym, +2 power to attack rolls
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-2) 49/75 HP, resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage against Batym, resistive formula (+1 power to AC), +1 power to attack rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (O-1) 44/68 HP + 7 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage against Batym, +1 power to attack rolls
Ramuh (Lili): (X-1) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage against Batym, promise of storm
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (H-2) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (J-1, Elevation 1), call forth the spirit world (burst 3: enemies take -2 to attack rolls, bloodied allies regain 5 HP at start of turn)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (I-1, Elevation 1)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (H-1) -271 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), slowed, dazed, -2 to attack rolls, insubstantial, -2 to attack rolls that don't include Torinn
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 2 (Conjuration): (N-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 3 (Conjuration): (K-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
The battle standard of healing at K-2 creates a burst 5 zone. When a party member in the zone spends a healing surge, each of their allies in the zone regain 3 hit points.
>> No. 76233 edit
Torinn imparts further healing to Sureiya, and takes note of the observant shaman's warning. He can't get close enough on Rutger, though - not enough room. Giving the battle cat a pat, Torinn unstraps himself, dismounts, then changes his stance.

Shield of Devotion to heal Sureiya for 5 HP; gain +2 power bonus to next attack roll vs. Batym
Unstrap (minor action I think)
Dismount at H-1
Ready action: Charge to M-2 w/ melee basic attack + Holy Smite as soon as Batym is no longer insubstantial (http://orokos.com/roll/258417 25, 31)


Last edited at 15/02/23(Mon)12:36:06
>> No. 76234 edit
The spirit companions reposition themselves, and the taller one slashes and disappears with a whirlwind as usual, but for once, it misses the target.

Move action: Spirit of Athas next to Batym. Spirit companion to O-2.
Minor action: Sustain CFTSW.
- Action Point - Standard action: Spirit of Athas attack vs. Batym. (miss with 21 vs. Reflex) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4785309/
Standard action: Ready Action for Direct the Strike when Batym's insubstantial wears off.


Last edited at 15/02/23(Mon)11:37:12
>> No. 76235 edit
"Overconfidence beats every wizard old enough to think they got nothing to fear" the ranger adds, calmly walking towards Batym.
"Don't even think about it, you're not getting away from us."
Move to M-1
Ready twin strike, trigger: Batym's stops being insubstancial
Two hits, one for 20 and the other for 14. Batym gets a -2 penalty against attacks against me.
Exchange quarry damage to keep Batym slowed
http://orokos.com/roll/258434 http://orokos.com/roll/258435


Last edited at 15/02/23(Mon)13:32:57
>> No. 76236 edit
Ramuh gathers the storm about him and prepares to strike Batym the moment the marquis reveals an opening. His impatience makes him snap too easily and from this vantage point I declare that Ramuh's bolt will widely miss Batym, impacting the ground instead.

Ready: Standard: Lightning miss on Batym once Insubstantial wears off.
http://orokos.com/roll/258476

>> No. 76237 edit
Myn runs in a circle and then gets ready to sand Batym.


Immediate reaction: Life Siphon off of Bernkastel's damage.
Move action: Move three south and then three north.
Minor action: Cast Fey Bargain.
Standard: Ready All the Sand, All the Stars centered at O-2 for Batym insubstantial ends etc, going before other player readied actions.
Attack:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4785475/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4785477/

>> No. 76238 edit
The prepared iron archon immediately infuses Sureiya.

Direct the Strike target is Sureiya.
>> No. 76239 edit
Sureiya slashes again, infused by the brain controlling archon of the evil shaman.
MBA: a hit for 25 http://orokos.com/roll/258496
>> No. 76240 edit
File 142479433390.png - (285.36KB , 1010x670 , dungeonN.png )
76240
The group notes Batym's insubstantial nature and makes preparations to strike when it wears off. Torinn dismounts, the shaman moves her spirits (though her elemental spirit's attack is unsuccessful), Sureiya closes the gap, Myn bargains with a fey power, and Ramuh raises his staff.

The moment Batym becomes fully corporal, he is hurled through the material plane by Myn's magic, leaving him quite disoriented as Torinn and Sureiya continue to slice away at him with their blades. He barely holds off their assault, coughing blood all the while he parries with his rod, though his off-balance movements carry him just out of the way of Ramuh's lightning strike.

Taking a deep breath, Batym hurls his hands forward and unleashes another storm of shadow to his fore. Torinn and Sureiya are only mildly inconvenienced by this, but the shaman seems more fully engulfed in darkness--but a lightning-enchanted bolt briefly illuminates the shadow and then strikes the marquis in the shoulder, discharging a protective shield. Grunting, Batym disappears, reappearing next to the warlock and calling down a burst of dark flame which coalesces into another fiery sphere directly in front of him. The fire burns away a bit of the paladins' strength as well as that of the ranger. Whirling, he focuses his gaze on Ramuh, and the sheer might of the shadar-kai's will overpowers the sorcerer's mind.

"Don't think this is the end just yet...!" he manages to spit as Sid's burning bolt whizzes by his head.

Torinn uses shield of devotion, healing Sureiya for 5 hit points and gaining a +2 power bonus to his next attack roll against him which lasts until the end of Torinn's turn and goes unused. Torinn unstraps himself from his saddle and dismounts. He readies an action.
Bernkastel begins her turn and dark fire misses her. She moves her spirits and sustains call forth the spirit world.
Bernkastel uses spirit of athas attack but misses. Bernkastel spends an action point to ready an action.
Dark fire misses Sureiya at the start of his turn. He moves and readies an action.
Ramuh readies an action.
Myn uses life siphon to regain 5 hit points. Myn moves and uses fey bargain, then readies an action.
The insubstantial ends and readied actions trigger. Myn uses all the sand, all the stars, hitting Batym for 27 damage and causing him to become dazed until the end of his next turn.
Torinn charges and misses with a basic attack and holy smite for 9 radiant damage.
Bernkastel uses direct the strike allows Sureiya to use a melee basic attack, which hits for 25 damage.
Sureiya uses twin strike, hitting twice for 19 damage and 14 damage. He also slows Batym.
Ramuh's lightning strike misses Batym.
Batym recharges shadow storm. Batym uses shadow storm, hitting Bernkastel for 12 damage and Bernkastel is blinded (save ends). Torinn and Sureiya are missed for 6 damage and take a -2 to attack rolls until the end of Batym's next turn. Sid uses shocking feedback, hitting Batym for 22 lightning damage. Bernkastel gains resist 5 all until the end of Sid's next turn, reducing the damage taken to 7 damage. http://orokos.com/roll/258614 Batym teleports 3 squares.
Batym spends an action point! Batym uses dark fire, hitting Sureiya and Torinn for 20 necrotic damage (Torinn reduces to 15) but missing Bernkastel for 10 necrotic damage (reduced to 5). Torinn and Sureiya are weakened until the end of Batym's next turn.
Batym's shadowed mind hits Ramuh and Ramuh is dominated until the end of Batym's next turn.
Sid moves, then uses burning weapons but misses Batym. http://orokos.com/roll/258616


Initiative
Marquis Batym (Enemy): 27
Sid Silversprocket (Ally): 24
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 24-1
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 20
Bernkastel (Voyager): 14
Sureiya (Anonkun): 14-1
Ramuh (Lili): 13

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Q-2) 60/70 HP, darkspiral aura 4, shadow walk, +5 power to damage against Batym
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-1) 53/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic], +5 power to damage against Batym, -2 to attack rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-1/2) 24/41 HP + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage against Batym
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-2) 28/75 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage against Batym, resistive formula (+1 power to AC), -2 to attack rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (L-1) 39/68 HP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage against Batym, blinded
Ramuh (Lili): (X-1) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage against Batym, dominated
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-2) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (J-1, Elevation 1), call forth the spirit world (burst 3: enemies take -2 to attack rolls, bloodied allies regain 5 HP at start of turn)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (Q-1) -387 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), slowed, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya, -2 to attack rolls against creatures other than Torinn
Dark Fire 1 (Conjuration): (V-2) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 2 (Conjuration): (N-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 3 (Conjuration): (K-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent
Dark Fire 4 (Conjuration): (P-1) can attack creatures that begin adjacent

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
The battle standard of healing at K-2 creates a burst 5 zone. When a party member in the zone spends a healing surge, each of their allies in the zone regain 3 hit points.
>> No. 76241 edit
"Unless you have a considerable backup plan, this is looking quite like the end, rather."

Myn utilizes his deep understanding of the arcane mysteries to shoot Baytm in the face.

Move action: Move to N-2.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Batym.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786029/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786030/


Last edited at 15/02/24(Tue)09:34:29
>> No. 76242 edit
"Like I haven't heard that before," Torinn says, advancing towards Batym with his sword raised. He's shaking a little from the weakening effect, but his strike still hits home and his punishment still threatens. "Show some dignity."

Move to P-2
Strike of Hope, give Bernkastel 5 THP http://orokos.com/roll/258681 (25, 21)


Last edited at 15/02/24(Tue)10:41:14
>> No. 76243 edit
While the shaman can't see, the remaining spirit companion takes the opportunitiy to infuse Myn as he shadow walks underneath.

Standard action: Spirit Infusion for Myn.
Minor action: Call SC back to O-2. 4 THP for Myn.
Minor action: Sustain CFTSW.


Last edited at 15/02/24(Tue)10:52:04
>> No. 76244 edit
Myn's arm whips back and tickles Batym with magic as he walks.

Attack:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786066/
Damage:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786067/

>> No. 76245 edit
File 142484899652.png - (278.63KB , 1010x670 , dungeonO.png )
76245
Myn and Torinn gang up to beat Batym senseless a little more--Torinn with a radiant-charged blade, and Myn with another green eldritch beam. The final blow comes when the shaman's spirit infuses itself into the warlock for an eldritch blast which pierces the shadar-kai's chest. The force of the blow spins the marquis around, and he collapses onto the floor.

Myn moves and uses eldritch blast, hitting for 28 damage.
Torinn is hit by dark fire for 9 fire damage.
Torinn moves and uses strike of hope, hitting for 20 radiant damage. http://orokos.com/roll/258872 Bernkastel gains 5 thp.
Bernkastel uses spirit infusion on Myn, and Myn's eldritch blast hits Batym for 24 damage, killing him.


Final Battle Stats (Ignore positions for now)
Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (Q-2) 60/70 HP, darkspiral aura 4, shadow walk, +5 power to damage against Batym
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-1) 44/82 HP, resist 5 necrotic], +5 power to damage against Batym, -2 to attack rolls
Rutger (Astaroth's Mount): (F/G-1/2) 24/41 HP + 10 THP, resist 5 all when mounted, 10 vs close/area attacks, +5 power to damage against Batym
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-2) 28/75 HP (Bloodied), resist 2 all when bloodied, +5 power to damage against Batym, resistive formula (+1 power to AC), -2 to attack rolls
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (L-1) 39/68 HP + 5 THP, resist 2 thunder/fire/cold, +5 power to damage against Batym, blinded
Ramuh (Lili): (X-1) 67/67 HP + 4 THP, resist 5 lightning/thunder, +5 power to damage against Batym
Sid Silversprocket (NPC Ally): (L-2) 71/77 HP, resist 5 lightning, +5 power to damage against Batym
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (J-1, Elevation 1), call forth the spirit world (burst 3: enemies take -2 to attack rolls, bloodied allies regain 5 HP at start of turn)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Z-1) 21/35 HP, +5 power to damage against Batym

Enemies
Marquis Batym (Enemy): (Q-1) -459 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's quarry, cursed (Myn), slowed, dazed, -2 to attack rolls against Sureiya, -2 to attack rolls against creatures other than Torinn DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of marquis Batym is arcana, if you haven't rolled it already.
Entering the square occupied by the dark fire conjuration will cause you to take auto-damage. If you begin your turn therein or adjacent, it attacks you. The conjuration deals fire damage.
The battle standard of healing at K-2 creates a burst 5 zone. When a party member in the zone spends a healing surge, each of their allies in the zone regain 3 hit points.
>> No. 76247 edit
>>76245
The smaller spirit's greater influence lingers to finish closing Sureiya's wounds, then fades.

"That's one of the bigger threats out of the way."

Save vs blind. (16) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786560/
Minor action: Sustain CFTSW for a couple more rounds.


Last edited at 15/02/25(Wed)06:09:00
>> No. 76248 edit
"What a big mouth this guy had" Sureiya complains, moving away from the places where the annoying fire was.
"Let's mend our wounds and look for Thelkra, we might even find lady Cragmaul here" the ranger adds, sitting down.
>> No. 76249 edit
>>76248
"I wonder why Mr. Batym faced us alone. We only overpowered him through numbers. Had he attacked with Mr. Bifrons and his guards, maybe we wouldn't have won."

The shaman picks around Batym's corpse with Mage Hand, wondering if her magic candle is there.

Ready to rest.

Last edited at 15/02/26(Thu)01:15:11
>> No. 76250 edit
"Perhaps they mean to lure us into a trap by lowering our expectations of this castle's guard. I would prefer them merely to be understaffed, however."

Rest etc.
>> No. 76251 edit
>>76250
"That would be an interesting strategy: permit us obliterate their defences before they swoop in for the kill," Ramuh quips, as he regains clarity of mind after the brief invasion by Batym-like forces.
>> No. 76252 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76252
Sid begins to perform his duties, and comments as he does so, "Hopefully that's the last of them!"

"Bernkastel" doesn't find anything of value among Batym's possessions, save for about 2,000 gp worth of arcane components in various pouches strapped to different parts of his body. He seems to be carrying an unusually large number of light-weight throwing daggers, as well as a non-magical rod and wears only basic clothing. The candle doesn't seem to be in his possession.
>> No. 76253 edit
File 130689965652.jpg - (31.82KB , 241x150 , mb1.jpg )
76253
>>76252
"... On second thought, maybe he lost because his equipment is so terrible. Should we go find Ms. Thelkra? A trap... I wonder if they did something with Ms. Cragmaul."
>> No. 76254 edit
File 142501727653.png - (376.47KB , 1010x670 , dungeonP.png )
76254
There are two heavy-looking doors here, in addition to the metal doors to prison cells. It's quite aside from the sounds of the adventurers, and there is a large open passage leading to a set of spiraling stairs heading down.
>> No. 76255 edit
"Let's rule out these rooms first before going down" Sureiya says, going to check the door closer to him and attempting to open it.

Check the door and surroundings: Perception (32)
Unlock the door, if locked: Thievery (24)

>> No. 76256 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , look.jpg )
76256
>>76254
Meanwhile, the shaman goes around opening all apertures and looking inside for signs of life.

Also, Spirit of Vigor for 4 THP to everyone but me.

Last edited at 15/02/27(Fri)10:18:57
>> No. 76257 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76257
The northwest door doesn't appear to be locked, and Sureiya easily opens it. It's strange that it's not locked, given that it appears to contain a collection of weapons and armor on racks.

The room is fairly small and circular, though the ceiling is higher in here than in the hallway. There are all sorts of different weapons and armor here, perhaps taken from the prisoners--some show heavy battle wear and blood stains. None of it appears to be magical at a glance, but there's also a closed chest in the back of the room. It appears locked, and Sureiya easily picks the lock.

Inside are two bottles labeled potion of clarity. In addition, there seems to be the party's enshrouding candle inside, as well as a set of magic boots. A moment with the boots reveals that they are boots of eagerness.
>> No. 76258 edit
The ranger shows the rest the loot found in the room and considers appropiate checking the other one as well.
Take ten in perception and thievery to inspect and unlock the second door if required. If a take ten is no good, someone please roll for me.
>> No. 76259 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76259
As Bernkastel finishes her examination of the cells, she does find the interiors vary slightly with the placement of the objects inside, but there are no living occupants to speak up. None of them appear to have more than a dirty cot, a bucket of some sort, and perhaps empty shackles or a bowl inside.

Sureiya finds a collection of wooden barrels in the northeast circular room. It appears to be roughly the same size and shape as the northwest room, and when the half-orc investigates the barrels, he finds them filled with water, gruel, and dried foodstuffs. There also appear to be some rags and other cleaning supplies stashed away on racks hanging on the walls.
>> No. 76260 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
76260
>>76259
"Nothing," reports the shaman.
>> No. 76261 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
76261
"Nothing either here" the ranger reports.
"Let's keep going then" he adds, following the path down the stairways.
>> No. 76262 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76262
As Sureiya approaches the spiral stairs, both he and the shaman hear the sound of someone--or someones, coming up the stairs. Listening carefully, it sounds like several sets of footsteps.
>> No. 76263 edit
>>76262
??

Perception for more details. (24) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4789742/
>> No. 76264 edit
"Wait, stand behind" the ranger whispers to the rest.
Perception (22) http://orokos.com/roll/259865
>> No. 76265 edit
File 131564322348.jpg - (44.80KB , 350x180 , mb12.jpg )
76265
The shaman moves over to the west corridor to join everyone else. "Mr. Tormine, please move Mr. Batym's corpse there-"

The shaman points to the northeast corner, and the spirit companion appears at E-11 to pinpoint the location.

"... to be found immediately, and then circle around back here. Everyone else, hide around this corner."

If this creates any path of bloodstains, I'll remove it with Prestidigitation.

Last edited at 15/02/28(Sat)14:57:40
>> No. 76266 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76266
The shaman and ranger just hear more footsteps, getting closer, and when the shaman speaks up, a voice calls out from down below: "Hey! That sounds familiar..." The voice is feminine, though a bit gruff.

"Who goes there?!" a more masculine voice calls out afterwards. Both of these voices appear to be coming from the stairwell.
>> No. 76267 edit
Torinn stubbornly refuses to move the corpse on account of it's icky.
>> No. 76268 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
76268
>>76266
Too slow. "Nobody. Please don't mind us."
>> No. 76269 edit
File 142516524437.png - (403.69KB , 1010x670 , dungeonQ.png )
76269
"What the hell kind of reply is that?" the female voice replies, sounding a bit annoyed.

A few moments later, three figures spill out the top of the spiral stairs. One you clearly recognize as Thelkra, and another is a large half-orc male you recognize from your earlier encounter in the caverns--Kraag Bloodspire.

The final figure you haven't seen in a while, and she's certainly seen better days--Thalwynn Cragmaul is dressed in rags, her face is smudged, and she is hunched over, looking exhausted yet alert. Her eyes dart nervously around as she stands, clutching one hand over her torso as her other hangs lazily at her side. She looks like she can barely stand, and Thelkra looks a bit scuffed up as well. Kraag looks untouched.

Kraag looks like was ready for a fight, but noticeably relaxes when he recognizes you. Thelkra moves forward again, and looks over to Cragmaul protectively.
>> No. 76270 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
76270
>>76269
Well, that's odd.

The shaman scrutinizes the trio, watching for any strange spirits around them (but actively avoiding communing with any).


Insight + Speak with Spirits. (30) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4789773/
>> No. 76271 edit
File 130018229643.png - (45.36KB , 128x128 , thelkra.png )
76271
The shaman senses genuine relief on the part of Thelkra, as well as a bit of good cheer. Kraag reads a bit on edge, though the tension seems to be draining from him into smug confidence. Thalwynn seems a bit out of sorts, but trying her best to remain alert to potential dangers, which she has already disregarded you and yours as possibly being. You sense something slightly unnatural about miss Cragmaul, however, like some sort of lingering magic.
>> No. 76272 edit
File 131539985557.jpg - (31.03KB , 120x115 , mb10.jpg )
76272
>>76271
"... Did something happen to Ms. Cragmaul? Magic-related. Mr. N, Mr. Silversprocket?"

Don't tell me this is that Dragonsworn disguise ritual thing.

Last edited at 15/02/28(Sat)15:24:10
>> No. 76273 edit
File 142516602240.png - (139.22KB , 256x256 , cragmaul.png )
76273
"Curse," the lady Cragmaul mumbles, not meeting the eyes of the one she's addressing.

"Looks like she got some kinda curse put on her. Made her all lethargic, despite our best efforts to get her back on her feet," Kraag adds, slinging his massive great sword over his shoulder.

"Wow, how the hell did ya'll end up in here?!" Thelkra manages to stammer out in disbelief. "Weren't you goin' inta the caverns?"
>> No. 76274 edit
File 130203634066.png - (59.29KB , 330x443 , kan_defa2.png )
76274
Glad to see their allies fine, Sureiya almost relaxes, but then something doesn't sums out.
"Long story, but there's something first. The spellcaster was certain he could get rid of you with a trap of his. How did things go until you found Lady Cragmaul? The spirit and the arrow were us trying to send you an alert, back then."

Last edited at 15/02/28(Sat)15:34:23
>> No. 76275 edit
>>76273
"There was a portal," replies the shaman.

Insight again for Cragmaul etc. (22) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4789787/

Last edited at 15/02/28(Sat)15:56:02
>> No. 76276 edit
Myn holds out his magic scanner imp, waving it in Cragmaul's direction.

Arcana:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4789777/
>> No. 76277 edit
Ramuh observes these people he's never seen before in his life and, considering the party's familial ties with them (?), decides to occupy himself with solving a rubix cube in his mind.
>> No. 76278 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
76278
Myn's imp doesn't seem terribly distressed for some reason. Instead, it replies in the language only Myn can understand, saying, "Whew, oh yeah, that's a curse! I can smell it from here."

Thelkra looks from the shaman to the ranger, clearly a bit at a loss at the very different answers, then shrugs. "Ya'know, between Kraag bustin' in outta nowhere to spring me from that trap and ya'll showing up completely unannounced, I'd almost feel like I'm being played here, but I'll roll with it. Did ya come to save Miss Cragmaul too?"
>> No. 76279 edit
Ramuh looks up from his mental games.

"Our task leads us to the chambers of the Fell King, that we might talk some sense into a madman," he replies. "We came hence to foil a trap by the good Marquis here," he gestures to Batym's corpse, "though I must admit I remain ill-impressed of his trap-setting knowhow."
>> No. 76280 edit
File 130018229643.png - (45.36KB , 128x128 , thelkra.png )
76280
"Would've been hard to get out of there myself, he had me trapped up good. But from the outside it wasn't so hard for Kraag to bust me out," Thelkra replies, jabbing a finger in the warrior's direction. "But really, you're goin' after the Fell King yourselves?! Isn't he locked up tight up there? You're gonna try to TALK to him...? Geez..." Shaking her head lightly, the half-orc continues, "At any rate, where do ya figure we go from here?"
>> No. 76281 edit
File 140482862117.jpg - (92.69KB , 300x346 , bernm5.jpg )
76281
>>76280
"But how did Mr. Kraag get here and know to find Ms. Thelkra?" asks the shaman, more concerned about Kraag's appearance.
>> No. 76282 edit
"It's a curse."

The deadpan Myn smacks the imp against the wall a few times for recalibration, and prompts for elaboration.
>> No. 76283 edit
File 142523747827.png - (108.07KB , 256x256 , kraag.png )
76283
The imp seems mildly put out by this treatment, and rubs its head as it elaborates, "Yo, you could've asked. It's a pretty potent curse, tho' nothin' youse guys can't handle with a lil' magic. Whoever's cursed suffers constant lethargy and can't think or fight straight. Must've been a hassle to put it on 'em, but really good at keepin' a powerful prisoner from escapin'."

Thelkra gestures to Kraag, who just grin and straps his sword to his back. After a moment, he crosses his arms and replies, "I got connections. Not at liberty to discuss 'em, though. Least not 'til this is over."

Myn: The imp is suggesting that the curse is a level 11 affliction. While cursed, the target is dazed and weakened, takes a -5 penalty to attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks, and cannot benefit from an extended rest. All of these effects persist as long as the curse remains.
>> No. 76284 edit
Myn relays the information and amuses himself by dangling the imp just out of reach of the owlbear's ravenous beak.
>> No. 76285 edit
File 132443275617.jpg - (90.00KB , 243x302 , e35.jpg )
76285
>>76283
Insight vs. Kraag. (16) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4790432/

"... Well, we found out about Ms. Thelkra from a scrying pool, but Mr. N said someone was spying on it before he destroyed it. We still don't know who it was."


>>76284
The shaman uses prestidigitation to make the imp smell like blood. "Should we spend the time to remove the curse? Mr. Silversprocket, can you do it?"

Last edited at 15/03/01(Sun)15:20:04
>> No. 76286 edit
Bernkastel: You are not able to read anything much about Kraag's intentions.

"That sounds creepy," Thelkra offers, looking a bit weirded out. "Dunno what could cause that kinda thing, though."

"If yer suggestin' it was connected to me or my connections, I doubt it," the orcish warrior adds.

The imp doesn't seem particularly happy about this turn of events. Sid replies, "Doesn't sound like it'd be too hard, but it'd be involved. We'd need about an hour, and she'd probably need some rest and healing afterwards!"
>> No. 76287 edit
File 142524329425.jpg - (8.40KB , 282x224 , Ramuh_Current.jpg )
76287
"A curious case of coincidences and cooperative circumstances that casually caused this commune, then," Ramuh states. "If we are to take an hour-long recess to see to the ailing dwarf's curse, I propose we lengthen our discourse as well and pool our collective knowledge. Sir... Kraag, was it? We can place our trust in you and your connections, can we not? Might there be any information you could share that you may have found out about this keep, or the Fell King himself?"

He casually ignores Thelkra's comments vis-a-vis meeting the Fell King. After all, the genasi remains confident they can accomplish that goal.
>> No. 76288 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
76288
Seeing nothing problematic with Kraag, Sureiya doesn't pay him much concern.
"An hour, eh. Well, with Batym and Bifrons out only remaining concern might be whatever thing Myn saw lurking through the scrying pool" Sureiya comments.

"Your mission is to get out from here alongside lady Cragmaul, right?" the ranger adds. "Her curse looks rather bad, you think you hold a chance of sneaking out of here if you leave right now?"
Insight: (16) http://orokos.com/roll/260051

Last edited at 15/03/01(Sun)14:23:21
>> No. 76289 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76289
Sureiya also cannot read in hidden intent behind what Kraag says.

Thalwynn Cragmaul seems to barely acknowledge what Sureiya says, so Thelkra steps forward and replies, "Gettin' out wit' miss Cragmaul in this condition won't be easy--they've deployed all their forces on the outside of the fortress. I think we're actually safer right now inside than out. This place is pretty deserted." She pauses for a moment, then adds, "And if yer going after the Fell King, I'm comin' with. That's something I haveta see through."

"We'll keep the lady Cragmaul safe, don't you worry," the orcish warrior says gruffly and confidently. "Though if ya could heal her up first, that'd be appreciated."

Sid looks from party member to party member, then says, "We'll probably want to stay together for the dragons' blessings--who knows what could happen if one or more of us is missing when the dragons promise their support? Do you want to hold on and have me perform the ritual now, or wait until after we finish with the dragons, or what?"
>> No. 76290 edit
>>76289
"We should do it while we can, rather than waiting until the situation could change," the shaman suggests.

Last edited at 15/03/01(Sun)15:19:34
>> No. 76292 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76292
"My goals coincide with yours, yes," Kraag replies easily to the genasi's question. "Though I can't tell you much about the keep, I can tell you that the Fell King has committed quite a large army out there to meet the coalition forces in battle. My contact was able to slip me into the bottommost levels of the keep without suspicion because of that, but it was a one-way trip for me. After that, I met up with Thelkra, and we're working our way out."

"I have seen almost no guards or other armed forces inside the keep," Thelkra confirms, snapping back to attention.

"I doubt I have any information on the Fell King that your group there doesn't already know," Kraag comments.

"Very well, then!" the tinker gnome replies to the shaman. He then begins to make preparations for casting remove affliction, and gestures for Sureiya to provide him with the necessary salves.
>> No. 76293 edit
>>76292
"Can the rest of us help with the ritual any?" the shaman asks Sid. Aid Another for Heal. DC 15, so auto-success.
>> No. 76294 edit
File 142525439482.jpg - (24.71KB , 480x360 , hqdefault.jpg )
76294
"It is a curious thing that there would be so few guards..." Ramuh drawls, closing his eyes in thought. "Of the myriad explanations I can think of, I should hope the Fell King has but committed an oversight in his defences."

The genasi shrugs. "Mayhap it is naive of me to hope so, but even the greatest evil is not infallible. Have you an idea of the path to take to make your escape?"
>> No. 76295 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76295
"Maybe he's confident that nothin's getting through his door. I haven't been able ta find a way to get near the guy," Thelkra remarks.

"If you have any skill in healing, your assistance is appreciated!" Sid says encouragingly. The half-orc helps the dwarf warrior over to where Sid is preparing a ritual circle, and she remains listless throughout most of the process.
>> No. 76296 edit
Ramuh chuckles mirthlessly. "I can scarce recall the theorems by which I access my magic, let alone the specifics of curative magicks. I'll abstain."

To Thelkra, the revenant continues, "We might yet have a method to deal with that problem, though it's proven... time-consuming. Assistance from within, so to say."
>> No. 76297 edit
Using Spirit of Vigor to give Cragmaul 4 THP before she takes any damage.

Last edited at 15/03/01(Sun)22:44:52
>> No. 76298 edit
"We believe we'll be able to meet the Fell King once we finish two more ordeals the spirits of the castle" Sureiya explains.

Then he grabs some of the reagents he found before.
"Hey Sid, this should help right."

Heal aid another: Take ten for 17. If not allowed, then my roll was 10. http://orokos.com/roll/260144

Last edited at 15/03/01(Sun)23:02:24
>> No. 76299 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76299
Kraag and Thelkra take to patrolling the halls while Sid pulls out his chirurgeon's tools and begins to perform the ritual. The shaman's knowledge of healing aids him in deciding which of the salves Sureiya provided would be the best, but unfortunately Sureiya had been a little haphazard in his placement and a few of the specimens were contaminated, unbeknownst to anyone involved. At the ritual's conclusion an hour later, magic surges through miss Cragmual's body and the curse seems to lift, but she staggers as though wilting under the force of heavy blows, and falls to one knee, cluthing her chest. She coughs horribly, chokes, and spits a bit of blood on the ground before she manages to regain her composure--very, very shaky, but with a fire in her eyes that clearly wasn't there before.

Sid: Heal check result: ( 16-11=5 http://orokos.com/roll/260319 )
>> No. 76300 edit
>>76299
The spirit companion moves next to Cragmaul, and its healing warmth helps the patient recover. Call Forth the Spirit World. Heal 7 HP at a time until no longer bloodied.
>> No. 76301 edit
>>76300
Torinn does his part to heal Cragmaul.
Use second win on Cragmaul
>> No. 76302 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76302
After the shaman's spirit rejuvenates Thalwynn Cragmaul quite a bit, Torinn's virtuous healing gives her an additional boost. She climbs to her feet, and nods, saying, "Thanks fer tha pick-up." Thelkra moves over to her and pulls the dwarf's heavy maul out of her pack, as well as Cragmaul's armor, which she begins to don.

"Found this stuff in a storehouse downstairs," the half-orc remarks. The three gather together again, and face the party.

"Now, wha say we git movin', aye?" the dwarf warrior declares.
>> No. 76303 edit
File 131334241881.jpg - (36.22KB , 350x258 , mb2b.jpg )
76303
>>76302
"Maybe a few minutes longer to recover completely, Ms. Cragmaul. And are you sure you don't need a Comrades' Succor ritual?"
>> No. 76304 edit
File 142516602240.png - (139.22KB , 256x256 , cragmaul.png )
76304
"Worry aboot yeselves," Thalwynn practically growls. She softens he voice a bit before continuing, "Lass, ahd only be a burden inna fight, e'en after bein' healed. Ah thank ye, but ahm gonna need some rest 'fore ahm back tae full fightin' shape."
>> No. 76305 edit
>>76304
The shaman nods. "I see. Still, I'd like to recover the spiritual power from just now before facing any danger." Short rest.

Last edited at 15/03/02(Mon)20:12:40
>> No. 76306 edit
In the meanwhile, and seeing Cragmaul a lot stronger now, the ranger figures it is a good time for a briefing of the events in the Shadowfell.

"Ehm, Cragmaul, I'd like you to tell us what happened during the expedition to the Shadowfell. Anything you could have learned might be useful to our end."
>> No. 76307 edit
File 130018229643.png - (45.36KB , 128x128 , thelkra.png )
76307
The dwarf rests her maul's head on the ground and leans on the weapon's shaft as she answers, "We made camp as a base o' operat'ns on tha otha side o' tha portal. Affirst we didn't face much except some undead attacks... but a few groups o' noncombative shadar-kai skirted tha edges o' tha camp and slipped away 'for they got caught. Suspect they were scoutin' parties, because by the next day a small army o' shadar-kai equipped for war were marchin' on us, led by tha Fell King 'imself."

"They got most of that story from Biggs," Thelkra interjects, and Thalwynn nods before continuing.

"Than, our posit'n got overrun in tha battle, thought ah was dead fer sure. Woke up'n this cell, cursed like tha, make it difficult tae escape or e'en think very hard. Ah know they interrogat'd me, but ah can't remember much o' wha they asked or wha ah said--tha Batym guy, he used magics, ya'know? Anyhoo, pretty sure they learn'd aboot Baldur's Gate gettin' involved from thar."
>> No. 76308 edit
File 131760978037.png - (38.58KB , 151x204 , flip.png )
76308
>>76307
The shaman makes a few notes in her notes.

"Ready," she reports.
>> No. 76309 edit
File 142523747827.png - (108.07KB , 256x256 , kraag.png )
76309
With that, the party and their tag-a-longs leave the prison and exit back to the main foyer.

Thelkra looks around and comments, "How exactly were you going about getting to the Fell King? Sid said something about dragons' blessings..."

Sid looks from party member to party member, unsure of how to explain it. Kraag looks serious once you're out on the foyer, and attentively scans the are before turning back to face the gnome, clearly interested in the reply.

>> No. 76310 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
76310
>>76309
The shaman wanders over to the closest expensive-looking ornamental weapons, and tries pulling them down with Mage Hand while explaining to Thelkra. "The Fell King can be reached by a lift, which is powered by the four metallic dragon spirits in the keep. They have trials for us to pass for their approval."

Perception while looting (27) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4792530/

Last edited at 15/03/03(Tue)17:30:03
>> No. 76311 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76311
"Metallic dragon spirits? Wait, where'd you even learn that?" Thelkra replies, a little dumbfounded. "Maybe it'd be best if you started from the beginning."

The weapons appear to be fastened to the walls with a bit of force, and mage hand is unable to pry them loose. The shaman's closer inspection reveals that they could be removed, as they are held in place by simple metal rungs that were apparently hammered into the wall, but it'd probably take some makeshift tools and a bit of force to do so.
>> No. 76312 edit
File 130179153493.png - (84.90KB , 178x390 , 01.png )
76312
>>76311
The shaman points to her skull pouch. "We learned it from the lich Mr. Gallard Dragonsworn, here, in the pouch, and confirmed it from a dragon spirit himself. Also, some help, please," requests the shaman, pulling out a crowbar.
>> No. 76313 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76313
"Lich? And you confirmed it by meeting the dragon spirits? So you've already met with them, then," Thelkra replies, as if trying to confirm the order of events. She's staring a bit at the skull that the shaman has haphazardly strapped to her back, but Gallard remains silent. "How many of them have you met with so far?" Thalwynn and Kraag seem too absorbed in listening to move to help the shaman, so it'll probably need to be another party member.
>> No. 76314 edit
"We've passed 2 of 4 trials already, neither of them being excessively difficult" the ranger explains.

"Geez, do you really want to take that too?" the ranger complains, but helps regardless.
Strength take ten, then evaluate worth of the first weapon we loot.
>> No. 76315 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76315
After a bit of effort, Sureiya manages to pry loose an ornamented cudgel that feels surprisingly lightweight. It appears to be crafted of a very light metal and largely hollow, which rather ruins its purpose as a weapon, though the colorful designs along its shaft may mean that it could fetch around 200gp to a collector.
>> No. 76316 edit
>>76315
The shaman takes the weapon and stuffs it into her bag, gesturing to the next one for Sureiya.
>> No. 76317 edit
The ranger sighs at the boring task of looting, but does it anyway, thinking in sending one of them to their family.
Loot every weapon.
>> No. 76318 edit
Ramuh watches the looting with disinterest.
>> No. 76319 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76319
The weapons aren't terribly hard to pry off the walls. Thelkra and Thalwynn regard this with a bit of annoyance, and Cragmaul says, "Are ye here ta take down tha Fell King, or ta steal 'is drapes?"

Trying to change the subject quickly, Thelkra pipes in, "Er, so, you still need to talk to two more dragon... spirit-things, right? Do you know where they are? We should probably get moving."

It doesn't take too long to loot the last of the weapons, but a few minutes have passed by the time Sureiya and "Bernkastel" finish.
>> No. 76320 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
76320
>>76319
"Ms. Cragmaul, your curse was removed using reagents stolen from this keep, and the removal took an hour."

Still, the shaman looks ready to move on now. "They're upstairs," she replies to Thelkra.
>> No. 76321 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
76321
"Ahm all fer takin' useful things, but unless yer planning ta bribe tha Fell King wit' 'is own decoration, ah dinnae think tha'll do it," Thalwynn growls in response.

Kraag seems amused by this exchange, and Thelkra pauses before suggesting, "Maybe we could wait here while ya finish up," she indicates the orc warrior, herself, and Cragmaul. "We could make sure nobody comes back inside... it's been a long time, and you've already finished two dragons." Perhaps she's also trying to avoid further conflict.
>> No. 76322 edit
"I cannot counsel separation in the enemy keep when already our numbers are so few..." Ramuh starts, glancing at his party.
>> No. 76323 edit
"That's right" the ranger agrees.
"Each one of the dragon spirits lies inside of a room. If you wish to stay away from them you might stay outside of the rooms while we negotiate."
>> No. 76324 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76324
Thelkra shrugs. "All right."

Thalwynn gives a curt nod, and Kraag slings his sword back over his shoulder and says, "Well, what're we waiting for then?"
>> No. 76325 edit
Now with everyone's approval, Sureiya will guide to the party to another of the four rooms were the spirit's are supposed to be.
>> No. 76326 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76326
Sureiya leads the group into the unexplored hallway to the west. The way is blocked by another one of the barriers of magical darkness, with two separate entrances. Sureiya takes point and peers through the northmost one, and looks up and down the hall.

It's practically a mirror image of the eastern hall, with a single door on the western wall, which looks to be simple, iron-reinforced wood. More elaborate doors are to your north and south, and guard what you would guess are the other two dragon-spirit rooms. The illumination here is provided by dim torches alight with dark purplish and green flames.

The hall is eerily silent, and Sureiya sees no further ornamentation on the walls or anywhere else in the hall.
>> No. 76327 edit
The ranger inspects the area and follows the door to the north.
Perception check (30) http://orokos.com/roll/261410
If nothing seems unusual go to the door in the north, and get inside.

>> No. 76328 edit
File 132978231090.png - (18.86KB , 158x118 , b2.png )
76328
"Ms. Thelkra, to meet the Fell King, maybe you should attend the next trials with us," suggests the shaman.
>> No. 76329 edit
Ramuh uses his arcane senses to test the area.

Arcana check to spot magic:
http://orokos.com/roll/261457
20 result.

>> No. 76331 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76331
Neither Sureiya nor Ramuh sense anything amiss with their mundane or magical senses. Sureiya's cursory look at the area reveals nothing, and the door to the north does not appear to be trapped or rigged in any way. Ramuh also senses no magic on the door, though he does note the torches are definitely more of the everburning torches from before.

Thelkra replies to the shaman, "Ya'll've already completed two trials, right? So I've missed two blessins already. Doubt it'd be a big deal if I miss the next two. ...But if you insist, I can come along, I'd prefer not to, though. Spirit... things make me nervous. Especially dragon-like spirit things."
>> No. 76332 edit
File 142561037919.png - (4.50KB , 138x161 , bern116.png )
76332
>>76331
"I'm sorry, it was only a suggestion. Then, excuse us."

The shaman follows Sureiya into the door.
>> No. 76333 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76333
Opening the door reveals a thick mist beyond. The air in this room shimmers, and visibility is extremely limited. Sureiya and the shaman can barely see five feet in front of them into this room. The coloration of the mist and the backdrop that faintly shimmers through it is somewhere between silver and a pearly white.
>> No. 76334 edit
>>76333
This didn't happen in the other rooms.

Nature to learn if it's a natural mist (20),
Arcana to check if it's magic in some way (26),
Perception to look for things in the mist (29).
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4795230/

>> No. 76335 edit
"Close the door" the ranger asks, unaware of any danger.
Nat 2 on both nature and perception.
>> No. 76336 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76336
Both "Bernkastel" and Sureiya can easily surmise that this mist is not natural and was probably created by magic. The shaman surmises that this is some sort of lingering fog spell, but it has a strangely mystic nature as well... these thoughts are cut short as the shaman detects the very faint sound of flapping wings from somewhere above, and looking up makes the slightest hint of a form somewhere above them in the mist.
>> No. 76337 edit
>>76336
Religion (untrained) for the mist. (28) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4796061/

>> No. 76338 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76338
The shaman believes these mists are part of a greater form of divine magic present in the room, oracular in nature. A divine being with prophetic powers could use these mists to aid in reading the future.
>> No. 76339 edit
File 139356389270.png - (23.99KB , 159x258 , 16076155_p1e2b.png )
76339
>>76338
"Hello?" the shaman calls to the shape above.
>> No. 76340 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76340
There is no immediate response from the figure in the mist, but the shaman notices movement from above, as if the form is repositioning itself perpendicular to you.

A few moments later, a light, airy voice calls out from above, "Reveal yourselves... there should be more of you, yes? The six who were tested by my companions..."

Sid nervously enters the room.
>> No. 76341 edit
Ramuh follows the frightened gnome, curious.
>> No. 76342 edit
Myn also enters, determined to construct a lift system of lesser tedium for his future death fortress.
>> No. 76343 edit
>>76340
Torinn enters unafraid, dragging the shaman with him.
>> No. 76344 edit
File 142584901283.jpg - (122.26KB , 500x359 , 4525427978_26ace1aeec.jpg )
76344
The door closes behind Torinn as he enters, and the mists part slightly as the form descends. It lands in front of the group. It would appear to be vaguely translucent dragon. Though it possesses silvery scales, its build is quite different--rather than a ridge running down the back of the dragon's neck that the silver dragons you have met possess, this dragon's head-crest is comprised of many spike-like protrusions that also run down its neck and back. The wing folds are orange and the scales have a soft purple tint when they glimmer. It is roughly as large as the other dragon-spirits you have encountered.

It addresses you immediately, "I see. And you are ready for the Test of Faith then, I presume?"

You can guess based on the testimony of the adamantine dragon you encountered that this is a mithral dragon, but a religion check could confirm this and possibly tell you more about mithral dragons.
>> No. 76345 edit
>>76344
Torinn answers without hesitation or irony."I have absolute faith in our abilities," he says. "Give us this test, I am not afraid."
>> No. 76346 edit
"Uhh.."
"Yes, we're" the ranger exclaims, as confidently he can, however he throws an awkward glance to the paladin.
>> No. 76347 edit
File 142585141412.jpg - (1.27MB , 1200x871 , mithral_dragon_by_kerembeyit-d2j5vap.jpg )
76347
The dragon regards the group with eyes that appear solid white and devoid of any emotion. It gives a very human-like nod before continuing, "You needn't fear. I know nearly none among you can be called devout. Regardless, each of you is a child of the gods, and there is more at stake here than any player on the field could imagine."

As the mithral dragon gestures with one of its forelegs, the mist seems to coil around a claw as it continues, "Therefore the first act of faith I must entrust to you is this. You must confront the Fell King. The destiny that plays out for each of you and for the Fell King himself deeply intertwined with that of Faerûn itself.

Steel yourselves. Though you face betrayal in the near future, you must have faith at this juncture. Few things are as they seem, and yet the outcome of this contest rests entirely within your hands."


At this point the dragon pauses, as though waiting for response.
>> No. 76348 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
76348
>>76347
"Okay, I will," replies the shaman.
>> No. 76349 edit
"Then, perhaps you can enlighten us on the source of this 'betrayal'."
>> No. 76350 edit
"That's what we have come here for" Sureiya replies, paying little mind to the betrayal thing.
>> No. 76351 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
76351
The dragon waves a claw dismissively in response to the genasi's inquiry. "That is not my purpose. You must maintain faith in your allies--they cannot fulfill their destiny without you, and you cannot accomplish your own goals without them--even those unrelated to this, for all of these events are more connected than any of us could possibly comprehend."

It considers for a moment, then takes on a very serious tone as it says, "Again, it is a matter of faith. To tell you more would be to undermine that faith. And you require all that you can muster now."
>> No. 76352 edit
>>76351
"As I said, I have faith in us. All of us." Torinn pounds his breastplate for emphasis.
>> No. 76353 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76353
The dragon fixes its eyes on Torinn, and gives a small smile. "That is well. Your patron has much faith in you as well. Stay true to your path and you shall accomplish great things."
>> No. 76354 edit
Ramuh considers this, and then decides to hold his peace. All would be revealed in due time, then.

"This confrontation with the Fell King... does it necessitate a clash of arms?" he instead inquires.
>> No. 76355 edit
Myn elects to maintain a lack of faith in gods and fates.

"While your guidance is well-received, is this all your trial would enact from us, dragon?"
>> No. 76356 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76356
"All I can tell you that the Fell King will not be easily swayed," the mithral dragon-spirit replies, facing Ramuh. "And yet, while further conflict seems inevitable, I would say that a final resolution cannot be bought by the shedding of blood."

In addition, the dragon abruptly turns on Myn with narrowed eyes. "Indeed, you have my blessing. And yet your faith will continue to be tested in the trials ahead. Valangoraza awaits your arrival."
>> No. 76357 edit
"One question yet remains...

Before we came here, we discovered a presence tapping into the scrying pools here. Would that be one of you?"
>> No. 76358 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
76358
"That... clairvoyance has its limits," the dragon-spirit replies, a bit sheepishly. "I see many things through the mists of time, yet whatever black presence I felt some time ago, when you fought at the scrying pool, it was shielded from my sight."
>> No. 76359 edit
So utterly useless.

"I see. The Fell King?"
>> No. 76360 edit
File 142584901283.jpg - (122.26KB , 500x359 , 4525427978_26ace1aeec.jpg )
76360
The dragon-spirit appears thoughtful. "I prefer not to dwell so much on the past; the future is constantly in motion, and it requires great concentration to make sense of the visions I receive. And yet if it was merely the Fell King who had taken notice, I feel my vision would not be so clouded when it comes to the fate of that one."
>> No. 76361 edit
"Hmm, we better move on, then. It seems we will have to deal with this betrayal when it happens" the ranger says, while motioning the rest of the group to leave as well.
>> No. 76362 edit
Ramuh shrugs, mentally writing the dragon off as utterly unhelpful. At least it seems unlikely the Fell King spied on them, indicating there was still an unknown variable in play.
>> No. 76363 edit
>>76361
The shaman follows Sureiya outside.
>> No. 76364 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
76364
The dragon watches you depart, and you move south through the hallway. The door to the southern room is quite similar to the doors to the other dragon rooms, though the wood appears to be a slightly darker shade.
>> No. 76365 edit
Sureiya contemplates the door in front of him and turns back to see his comrades.
"So, this is must be where this Valangoraza must be. You guys ready to get in?"
>> No. 76366 edit
File 131539985557.jpg - (31.03KB , 120x115 , mb10.jpg )
76366
>>76365
In response, the shaman opens the door with Mage Hand.
>> No. 76367 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
76367
The mage hand is unable to exert enough force to open the heavy door.
>> No. 76368 edit
>>76367
"Open it already."
>> No. 76369 edit
File 142612909432.jpg - (43.57KB , 723x374 , GoldDragon-02_jpg~original.jpg )
76369
When the door is opened, the room beyond is quite different than the other rooms in shape. It is mostly empty, and a low, thin mist clings to the floor. It does not obscure much, however, and in the center of the room is an enormous metallic spire that vaguely resembles a throne, and an enormous translucent dragon with golden scales is coiled around it. Its wings are more flaps or ridges that extend all the way down its tail as they taper off, and it regard the group with glowing white eyes.

"You have finally come," it announces as it looks through the doorway at the group of adventurers. Thelkra, Thalwynn Cragmaul, and Kraag remain quite far back and out of sight.
>> No. 76370 edit
>>76369
The shaman's smaller spirit companion remains with the stay-outside trio.

"Hello."

Perception (29) http://orokos.com/roll/263101
Assuming nothing looks suspicious, enter the room.


Last edited at 15/03/11(Wed)21:36:20
>> No. 76371 edit
File 142613875384.jpg - (68.27KB , 400x291 , gold-dragon.jpg )
76371
The shaman doesn't see or hear anything hidden, at least. The scene is definitely "out of the ordinary," but it seems obvious enough. "Enter, the six who seek my blessing. I am to understand you have obtained the blessing of the other three?"
>> No. 76372 edit
"Here we are" the ranger says, after getting inside of the room "and yes, the other 3 spirits have accepted to help us."
>> No. 76373 edit
Myn enters, wondering what trivial trial awaits.
>> No. 76374 edit
File 142612909432.jpg - (43.57KB , 723x374 , GoldDragon-02_jpg~original.jpg )
76374
The dragon waves a claw almost dismissively as it says, "No, no, you have already completed the Test of Loyalty. Therefore, the blessing is a mere formality."

Lunging forward off of the spire, the dragon appears before you, spreading its wings in all its majesty as it says, "Meet the four of us back in the Grand Hall, in the center of the keep. We will grant you access to what you need therein."
>> No. 76375 edit
"...Have we?" the ranger asks, a little confused.
"Well, I'm not going to argue back, let's move to the Hall, then."
>> No. 76376 edit
File 142613875384.jpg - (68.27KB , 400x291 , gold-dragon.jpg )
76376
The dragon nods, then replies in a cordial tone, "To be more specific, you looked to the safety of your friend ahead of your overall objective. I can see that your group has a bond of loyalty with her--perhaps some of you more than others, but a bond nonetheless. And thus, you pass."
>> No. 76377 edit
File 138060837572.png - (2.28KB , 50x50 , etc.png )
76377
>>76376
Really? How is this test normally administered? "I have no complaints. Thank you for your blessing."

I'll leave the room with the others when/if the others are fine with it.
>> No. 76378 edit
Ramuh recognises an easy success when he sees one, and he's looking at one right now.
>> No. 76379 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76379
The group heads back towards the foyer. Upon entering the upper level, you can see quite clearly looking down that the four dragon spirits are gathered on the level below, standing roughly in a cross-shaped pattern about ten feet from each other. They are all facing each other, and in the center of the gathering is a faint, shimmering ribbon of energy that appears to be slowly whirling in a circular pattern.
>> No. 76380 edit
>>76379
The shaman walks downstairs. "There's something I want to ask," she says to the dragons.
>> No. 76381 edit
File 142585141412.jpg - (1.27MB , 1200x871 , mithral_dragon_by_kerembeyit-d2j5vap.jpg )
76381
The dragons seem rather focused on what they are doing, but Kalaidesczar the mithral dragon replies despite being clearly strained by its efforts. "Ask."
>> No. 76382 edit
>>76381
"Aside from the Fell King and the stalker from the scrying pool, has anyone else been interested in knowing what we're doing?"
>> No. 76383 edit
File 142584901283.jpg - (122.26KB , 500x359 , 4525427978_26ace1aeec.jpg )
76383
The mithral dragon considers the question. "I am unsure as to what you mean. Aside from any allies you might have informed of your task here? I would not know."
>> No. 76384 edit
File 131760978037.png - (38.58KB , 151x204 , flip.png )
76384
>>76383
"It felt like someone's been keenly aware of the things we've been doing. When our families were threatened, someone took action long before the news could reach anyone beyond us. And someone knew to find and save Ms. Thelkra from a trap between the time we learned about it and the time we went to the dungeon."
>> No. 76385 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76385
"Curious. I saw nothing of such events, but it would seem as though you have some sort of guardian angel looking over you," the dragon-spirit replies, even as another ribbon of magical energy begins to form in the middle of the dragons, spinning in the opposite direction of the pre-existing one. "Or perhaps a guardian devil. Let me offer this much."

With some effort, Kalaidesczar turns his head to face the shaman. "The Fell King's actions have attracted a great deal of attention both here, in Faerûn, and beyond. The Fell King has built up a strong power base in a rather short time because of his connection to the elemental leyline, and is perhaps the first being to truly understand how to best utilize their immense power. Those who have learned of this may seek to harness that power for themselves, but many would be hesitant to act openly against him, for fear of attracting attention from their own enemies and possibly alerting them to what they have found. I would look to those who have learned of the Fell King's power through your own actions. Those would be the most likely to be invested in your success here."


Straining for another moment, the whirling ribbons of energy take form as what appears to be a swirling whirlpool of energy about ten feet in diameter, lined by the two pairs of energy ribbons, which continually shift their position slightly. All of the dragon-spirits seem to heave forward briefly, as if relieved of their efforts. "There. Those who have our blessing will be able to use this to teleport to the lift, which is currently at the Thrones of Elements. Smash the thrones and the elemental power within will empower the lift."

Thelkra, Thalwynn, and Kraag enter the foyer a bit behind the group, and begin to descend the stairs. Thelkra looks quite nervous when the gaze of the adamantine and gold dragons turns to them, though Thalwynn just looks defiant while Kraag appears confident. "If you want your untested allies to join you, they can use our enchantment as well--but only after the thrones are destroyed. The thrones are what lock out those without our blessing."
>> No. 76386 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
76386
>>76385
That's a lot of suspects. But "Thrones? The ugly ones from the leylines?"
>> No. 76387 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76387
The silver dragon-spirit tilts its head at the question. "From the leylines?" He turns to his companion dragon-spirits, and the adamantine and gold dragons shake their heads. The mithral dragon doesn't seem to respond, and the silver dragon turns back to you before explaining, "I'm not sure what you refer to, but the Thrones of Elements are symbols of a pact the Fell King made with some powerful elemental guardians. Normally, they would ultimately activate the lift for those the Fell King admitted, through their thrones. Luckily for us, those guardians were defeated, so destroying the thrones should be sufficient to unleash the elemental power they contain."

Gallard lets loose a mocking laugh from the shaman's pack. "Yess... and you should hurry, 'heroes'. The spell you have used to bind me is weakening... and the proximity to the thrones is making it weaken faster..."
>> No. 76388 edit
File 131761042231.png - (15.19KB , 105x105 , bern123.png )
76388
>>76387
"Yes, those guardians had weird-looking thrones with them that disappeared when they engaged," replies the shaman, putting Gallard in her bag of holding.
>> No. 76389 edit
"I don't suppose it would be possible to swiftly administer the trials to the remainder of our group and have them accompany us?"
>> No. 76390 edit
File 141652249731.png - (0.98MB , 778x616 , adragon.png )
76390
"We don't have time for that," the adamantine dragon replies with a bit of annoyance. "Especially if they were to fail..."

Thelkra seems to be keeping her distance. "I think ya should just go smash those thrones... no big deal, right? We'll follow right behind ya."
>> No. 76391 edit
File 131760978037.png - (38.58KB , 151x204 , flip.png )
76391
The shaman thinks to herself, looking over her notes, then speaks quietly. "As for those who learned about the Fell King but did not want to make him public, a couple people come to mind: Ms. Thalwynn Cragmaul and Mr. Grand Duke Daval Prestor. Though, Ms. Cragmaul just wanted to keep it from Mr. Prestor. Was there a reason other than the given one, Ms. Cragmaul?"

Last edited at 15/03/14(Sat)19:36:02
>> No. 76392 edit
File 130134203375.jpg - (42.80KB , 584x591 , thalwynn.jpg )
76392
Thalwynn shakes her head. "Nae. Ah just din't wanna get tha nobles involved. Hoped we could solve tha prooblem 'fore it escalat'd ta... well, this," she says, gesturing.
>> No. 76393 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
76393
Sureiya glances at Gallard, but ends up ignoring him. "Crazy guy."
"I remember the thrones. Well, let's get moving."
>> No. 76396 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
76396
>>76394
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason