[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
No. 76993 edit

It's late evening now, and even in the Shadowfell, dusk brings a marked change in the environment. Though there is nothing resembling a sun in the sky, at least not one that you can see through the thick gloom, an orange glow seems to pierce the mists that seem to cling to the tops of the jagged mountainside that surrounds the fallen keep. It has been nearly an hour since the keep's collapse, and the dust has mostly settled to the ground, but the fierce elemental storm that has whipped itself up over the area where the tower stood shows no signs of subsiding anytime soon.

At this point, Halvangh, Elayne, and Thalwynn have departed to rendezvous with the coalition army, to make sure nothing too terrible is happening. This leaves just the six adventurers, Thelkra, and Valanor looking over the Fell Keep's ruin.

"I've been trying to hunt down Daragoth the Desolator for decades," the golden dragon explains, watching the elemental storm for any hint that Daragoth may have escaped. "It's been months since I uncovered clues that he may have been hiding out in the Sword Coast, and Baldur's Gate in particular. Though I had my suspicions, I did not imagine that he would take the position of Grand Duke--that is not usually the way of red dragons. They tend to not get involved in the political machinations of those they regard as 'inferior', that is more the fare of green dragons."

Nodding in the direction of the tower, he continues, "So this much was a surprise to me as well. Had I been not so blind, perhaps this could've been avoided... but at this point, I feel we may have him. Even if he was not slain and has somehow slipped away yet again, we can guess his next move."

He turns his head sideways to face the adventurers gathered there. "Daragoth the Desolator is an elder red dragon, as you may well know by now. He built such a mighty empire in Returned Abeir that even his fellow chromatic dragons--many of whom he enslaved or coerced into supporting him--turned on him, and put aside their petty squabbling to ally long enough to drive him from the continent. Many of we metallics who watch over Faerûn became very concerned when we began to suspect he had taken refuge here, and my task was to hunt him down and destroy him. This 'Duke Daval Prestor' guise must have been a way to lie low while simultaneously being in a position to exploit any opportunities that might present themselves." At this point, the dragon shakes his head slightly, and adds, "But again, this is well outside the realm of normal red dragon behavior, which I believe can mean only one thing. Red dragons are consummate conquerors, and one thing they delight in is destroying anything that you and yours might regard as important or precious. If he has put so much time and effort into building up Baldur's Gate, it is so that he can destroy it later, if just to show all of you how just how little these things mean to him, and how easy they are for him to destroy. He would delight in destroying in an instant what it took you humanoids years to build up. So if he has somehow survived this ordeal, and at this point I'm not even sure that is all that likely, he will eventually return to burn Baldur's Gate to the ground."

Thelkra looks on, sitting with her hands folded neatly atop her knees, gazing towards the elemental storm with a stony face that suggests a large amount of inner turmoil.
Expand all images
>> No. 76995 edit
File 143452525674.gif - (5.29KB , 256x223 , megax-8.gif )
76995
Sureiya stares at the ruins of Ragrim's throne room while listening to Valanor's explanations. He also throws a few concerned looks to Thelkra who seems deep in thought.
Then, once Valanor senpai finishes talking, he turns back to him and questions him.

"This Daragoth was very interested in the power of the leyline. But, then, if it is unusual for red dragons to get involved in politics, do you think someone else was working with him? There was this Kraag fella."
>> No. 76996 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
76996
"Kraag... though I have a difficult time imagining a red dragon of Daragoth's stature working closely with a mortal, if he truly was a Dragonsworn orc as you say, then the two may have shared some sort of bond," Valanor muses, then shakes his head slightly. "If I had to place my guess, I would say that what he said about being the duke's spy in Many-Arrows was accurate, and it is likely that Obould dispatched him guarding Mardoc in order to keep him out of the way. Perhaps he was already suspicious of Kraag, and sent him on a fool's errand, hoping he'd get killed or at least was in no position to relay sensitive information."
>> No. 76997 edit
"One would think that a position of high nobility would be one difficult to impersonate one's way into. I don't suppose he might have other supporters in the city aware of his true nature?"

As an afterthought, Myn grabs the imp that popped back to his shoulder earlier and squeezes him for information on what happened after the doors closed.
>> No. 76998 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
76998
>>76993
While the shaman tries to avoid looking at the ground, the smaller spirit reports on what it saw in the chamber.
>> No. 76999 edit
Ramuh considers all the events that have transpired.

"... It would seem I must needs return to Luruar shortly and discuss these... developments," the revenant says.
>> No. 77000 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77000
"Baldur's Gate is gonna be a mess for a while," Thelkra comments, keeping her stony gaze forward. "The Flamin' Fists are gonna haveta work hard to keep things together. Anyone who was close to the duke is gonna be under suspicion--folks like Letharst, captain Highwind of the royal guard, and such. I reckon parliament will take over and choose a new grand duke--probably someone more like Portyr than Prestor."

"Perhaps it would be best if I went to Waterdeep for the time being, then, and keep an eye on our branch of the Arcanimus therein," Sid offers, nodding to Ramuh. "Luruar needs to know about this, as does the Sword Coast."

Meanwhile, the shaman's spirit and warlock's imp relate their tales: immediately after you exited the tower and the door slammed shut, Prestor and the Fell King resumed their duel. Prestor did not speak any words during the fight, and with Kraag's assistance, the two had the Fell King easily over-matched, but the tower's collapse obscured the battle. The last thing either can recall was the Fell King saying, "I do not fear death. My true self died long ago, and all that remains is this empty shell... Cordelia, I hope we may meet again someday..."

Nightfall: Examination of the artifact reveals that it is a +3 greatsword that can be wielded as a fullblade if you have proficiency with fullblades. It has a single power, which can be used once per round as a free action, on your turn, to split the two-handed version into a pair of one-handed weapons, or to combine the two one-handed weapons back into the two-handed weapon. The one-handed weapons are longswords, and can be wielded as bastard swords if you possess proficiency with bastard swords. In either form, the enchantment bonus of the weapon is +3, and its critical strike die is 1d10 per plus.

It is easy to sense that great power lies dormant within the blade, and that additional properties and powers may be discovered or bestowed when wielding it.

>> No. 77001 edit
File 130059468249.png - (11.21KB , 117x94 , bern118.png )
77001
>>77000
"...Should we go recover Mr. Ragrim? Maybe we can have him raised."
>> No. 77002 edit
>>77001

"With the red dragon's condition unknown, it may not be wise to return to the keep as of yet."
>> No. 77003 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
77003
Thelkra points towards the elemental storm. "I don't think ya'd have much luck findin' anything in that storm, even if it didn't tear ya to pieces trying to get in. Might wanna wait it out. If yer gonna try to raise 'em, that is..." Thelkra seems conflicted by the thought.

"The storm will disperse eventually. Could take an hour, could take a day, could take a week" Sid confirms in a "matter-of-fact" tone.

"If you wish, I can maintain a vigil over the storm and inform you the moment it passes," Valanor offers. "I imagine you may wish to return to a safer place to recuperate."
>> No. 77004 edit
File 131554170954.png - (114.98KB , 385x351 , 4719507b.png )
77004
>>77003
"That would be helpful, thank you. But if you intend to watch for Mr. Daragoth, there is the possibility he is no longer on this plane. I once ended up in the elemental chaos after poking around a leyline."
>> No. 77005 edit
As much as Torinn wants to stay and watch... a rest sounds good right about now.

"I can agree to that."

"Though if I can ask something," he says suddenly, remembering something from earlier, "have you heard of an artifact called the Draakhorn?"

Last edited at 15/06/18(Thu)12:43:08
>> No. 77006 edit
"A safer place, indeed," Ramuh replies slowly, "and a hasty path to Luruar. My entire entourage was lost underground, and I must think of a way to convince Luruar of the impending draconic threat." The elder smiles wryly.

"It seems I shall be the bearer of ill tidings once more."
>> No. 77007 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77007
"...I see. If that is true, and he survived, it is most unfortunate. I suppose the best I could hope for in that case is that he is sufficiently wounded to not survive the perils of the Elemental Chaos," the dragon replies, before turning to face Torinn. "The Draakhorn--that is a word I have not heard in some time. The Draakhorn is a legendary artifact, a gift from the goddess Tiamat to dragonkind to aid them in the ancient war between dragon and giant. Its purpose was to warn chromatic dragons of danger, and when sounded, it could be heard by dragons up to two thousand miles away. It is said that coded messages were also conveyed between chromatics using carefully timed blasts from the Draakhorn, but that code has been lost to the ages."

Valanor turns and nods towards a path that leads down the mountain. "The main coalition army camp is about an hour's travel from here on foot. From there you can head to the portal back to Mithral Hall if you wish to leave the Shadowfell. Alternately, I could fly you there in a few minutes, though the storm will remain unwatched during that time, unless perhaps one of you is willing to stay behind and make your own way to the camp upon my return. But first, I would like to hear why you ask about the Draakhorn."
>> No. 77008 edit
>>77007
"The Fell King mentioned something about it. Said that it would sound soon."
>> No. 77009 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
77009
Valanor looks troubled--at least, you think so. It's kinda hard to read a gold dragon's face. "I see... when I leave here, I'll have to make arrangements for a meeting among the metallic dragons of Faerûn."
>> No. 77010 edit
File 13130729274.png - (4.14KB , 89x114 , bern114.png )
77010
The smaller spirit gives the shaman some kind of reminder, and while Thelkra isn't looking, the shaman walks to Sureiya and hands him Ragrim's Dragonsworn talisman. She then addresses the party. "I think we shouldn't disturb Mr. Valanor from his duty, if possible."
>> No. 77011 edit
The ranger silently accepts the talisman and figures out the Shaman's idea.
"I wouldn't mind walking back, if that Daragoth escapes we might get in trouble" the ranger replies.
Then he moves and crouches next to Thelkra.


"A certain someone lent this to us and wanted it back, but I think I'll be okay if you keep it now" Sureiya says, giving the Dragonsworn talisman to the rogue.

Last edited at 15/06/18(Thu)19:45:58
>> No. 77012 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77012
Thelkra takes the talisman, and looks at it for a few moments. Her expression changes from a stone-faced nothing to determination as she clenches it, and looks up. "...Thank you. I think I've made my decision." She rises, and begins to head for the path leading to the camp. "It's time fer me to get back. As a Flaming Fist, I'm sworn to protect Baldur's Gate's people, and they're gonna need the Fists, and the Fists are gonna need some folks to keep 'em honest."
>> No. 77013 edit
"Let us proceed on foot then. I doubt Miss Bernkastel would survive another flight regardless."
>> No. 77014 edit
"Yeah, we should head out now."
>> No. 77015 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77015
The majority consensus among the group seems to be to head back on foot, and leave Valanor to stand watch over the elemental storm. It takes nearly an hour for Thelkra to lead them back to the camp, which is a rather large collection of makeshift fortifications and pitched tents set in front of the mouth of an enormous cavern, which no doubt permits passage back to Toril via the Underdark. From there, you can reach Mithral Hall, and the Luruar region.

The camp seems to be in the process of being largely disassembled in an orderly fashion, as what appear to be trained soldiers of all shapes and sizes, though mostly dwarves, are packing up tents and moving crates filled with supplies to wagons. You see and hear Thalwynn Cragmaul in the middle of it, directing the process. She appears to be pausing every so often to confer with a red-haired female halfling in black leathers standing nearby. Very near Cragmaul, sitting on a crate in front of a tent and flanked by a quartet of armed guardsmen wearing Flaming Fist regalia is captain Highwind. The dragonborn bears a blank expression, and appears completely unarmed, though he still wears a full set of plate armor sans helmet.
>> No. 77016 edit
"Geez, that woman is a workalcoholic" the ranger mutters slowly, laughing a little bit. As they keep walking, he notices the pale-looking captain, so he approaches to him.
"Things surely didn't go as planned, or did they?" he says, attempting to get an answer from him, "How did things went from this side?"
>> No. 77017 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77017
"Oh, hello," the captain Highwind replies as Sureiya approaches him. Before he can make much in the way of a further response, Thalwynn steps in.

"Tha captain's bein' det'ned fer questinin'," miss Cragmual says sternly, eyeing the group. "As's anyboody who work'd close wit' tha duke. If his claim o' inn'cence holds, he'll be releas'd in short order." Motioning you over, Thalwynn turns and gestures to the troops, saying, "'parnetly there wasn't much fightin'. Some skirmishin', then tha shadar-kai pulled back. Our advance scouts say they've abandon'd tha ruins o' tha keep, so I'm sending tha bulk of our forces ahead ta secure the area. Prestor was commandin' tha army, but he's missing... as I'm sure yer aware. So ahm takin' tha reins, fer now."
>> No. 77018 edit
File 133936271884.png - (117.70KB , 397x474 , Kanonwithamonocleinadress.png )
77018
"...I guess that makes sense" the ranger mutters to himself, still unaware of the repercussions of Prestor's actions.

"So, what's next? Our boss -isn't around- for now, so what are our orders now?"
>> No. 77019 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77019
Thalwynn Cragmaul raises an eyebrow at this, and Sid hesitantly asks, "W-weren't we going to rest and recuperate?"

Slinging her maul over a shoulder and holding it with one hand, the dwarf female replies to Sureiya, "Ahm not yer boss, ye know. If yer lookin' fer work, ah could haf ye help ta secure tha ruins. But ah t'ought ye could use a breather."
>> No. 77020 edit
Unsure why the ranger is being such a workaholic, Torinn butts in: "Yes, we were, and we do need a rest."

Last edited at 15/06/20(Sat)14:21:27
>> No. 77021 edit
"On another note, I do hope that our compensation won't be affected by Mister Prestor's revelation."

Myn remains well-rested from his nap during the last encounter.
>> No. 77022 edit
File 130179153493.png - (84.90KB , 178x390 , 01.png )
77022
>>77019
"Securing the ruins sounds good, but I agree that we need rest... At least until the elemental storm dissipates enough for us to enter."
>> No. 77023 edit
The ranger feels the overall sneer from the party and replies with a laugh "Well yes, I suppose we deserve to rest."

"Let's go find that portal" the ranger gives up.
>> No. 77024 edit
File 130420653277.png - (54.37KB , 517x300 , peek.png )
77024
>>77023
"Portal? We're not staying?"

Last edited at 15/06/20(Sat)16:29:04
>> No. 77025 edit
"If there's any place where we can rest here then we could stay" the ranger figures.
>> No. 77026 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77026
"Ah int'nd tae leave a tok'n force be'ind tae watch tha por'l," Thalwynn replies, nodding. "Ye kin stay here an' rest as ye wish."
>> No. 77027 edit
>>77026
The shaman, looking super-tired, wanders off for a nap.
>> No. 77029 edit
Torinn looks for a place to rest.
>> No. 77032 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77032
The tents offer the adventurers safe and private places to rest, while the soldiers outside go about their business. Roughly eight hours later, the shaman receives a sending from Valanor, indicating that the elemental storm is dissipating, and that he is heading in to search the rubble.

When the party emerges from their rest, they find the area more sparse than before, though there are still some soldiers and fortifications around.
>> No. 77033 edit
File 130842706258.png - (36.63KB , 458x434 , b3.png )
77033
>>77032
The shaman replies that she got the message, that she should be heading there, too, and thanks Valanor. She then assembles any party members interested in going.
>> No. 77034 edit
Myn returns from his light jog just in time to indicate his interest in accompanying the investigatory group.
>> No. 77035 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
77035
Sureiya nearly faints once he's in one of the tents, and sleeps like a log for 6 hours. After meeting with the rest, he's up for the searching.
>> No. 77036 edit
Torinn wakes alert and energized. Of course he expresses interest in going back.
>> No. 77038 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77038
Sid arrives and accompanies the adventurers on their journey back, but Thelkra elects to remain behind. The journey back to the ruins of the keep is longer than that down the mountain trail. It's nearly three hours before the adventurers that choose to investigate the ruins arrive, and they find that the coalition forces have already secured the area. The joint armies of the Flaming Fists and Mithral Hall patrol the area, and have set up a makeshift camp off to the side.

None appear to be approaching the area where the tower stood, however. You see the form of an enormous gold dragon flying over it, scouring the ruins.
>> No. 77039 edit
File 131415489278.jpg - (34.10KB , 140x140 , mb11.jpg )
77039
>>77038
The shaman calls to one of the coalition force people. "We're headed to the tower. Is there anything to watch for?"
>> No. 77040 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77040
The coalition soldier Bernkastel addresses calls for the commander, and Thalwynn Cragmaul approaches. "We ain't seen nothin' yet," the dwarf confirms. "No trace o' any'ne or anythin', 'cept rubble and brok'n furn'ture. Looks like tha shadar-kai scatt'red. Dunt expect much."
>> No. 77041 edit
File 130613479024.jpg - (46.00KB , 153x122 , b4.jpg )
77041
>>77040
The shaman nods and moves on to the tower ruins, looking for signs of Ragrim.
>> No. 77042 edit
Myn lazily senses around the area for remaining power to usurp, albeit expecting little.

Detect magic arcana:http://orokos.com/roll/303208
>> No. 77043 edit
The ranger looks around, but he seems to be still somewhat asleep.
Perception (19) http://orokos.com/roll/303250
>> No. 77044 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77044
When the group moves up to the tower to inspect the ruins, Valanor swoops down in front of them. In a somewhat distressed tone, he explains, "I have been searching the ruins for hours, and I can find no trace of the Fell King, nor Daragoth the Desolator, save for one thing--a stone smudged with orcish blood. This bodes ill..."

Sureiya and Bernkastel can tell that these ruins definitely comprise the tower, and that the elemental storm has already worn them considerably. The debris is scattered, scorched, and sunken into crevices. Navigating the ruin by foot would be treacherous, but possible with some care. Myn can sense only a faint remnant of the leyline's power lingering--the convergence was high in the air, but no trace of it remains when you look up. Whatever the Fell King did, it has nearly destroyed the leyline's presence in this area.
>> No. 77045 edit
>>77044
"Hello, Mr. Valanor. Where was this stone?"
>> No. 77046 edit
File 143443355536.png - (125.31KB , 256x256 , gold.png )
77046
"This way..." Valanor instructs, leading you through the hazardous rubble and too a place very near the center. The ruins in the center look like they've been tossed this way and that, perhaps by someone rummaging though, and you can see patterns on the rubble that indicate that this is the remains of the Fell King's throne chamber.

Valanor grabs a large piece of rubble with his claw and lifts it--it's a nondescript chunk of the black obsidian-like material that comprised much of the keep, with a dark red smear on one corner. It is much too large for any of you to carry, and he places it in front of you.
>> No. 77047 edit
>>77046
The shaman hands the nearest str-based character her crowbar, and points to where the bloody rock was.

Last edited at 15/06/23(Tue)14:09:48
>> No. 77048 edit
The ranger grabs the crowbar and gets a little confused by the Shaman's request, but figures it out at the end. Then, he attempts to dig the rubble around the place where the pillar was, attempting to find more remains of the chamber.
Perception (17) http://orokos.com/roll/303472

Last edited at 15/06/23(Tue)14:21:05
>> No. 77049 edit
>>77048
Meanwhile, the shaman takes out her inquisitive's kit to look for more traces of Ragrim.

Perception take 10, 10+15+2=27.
>> No. 77050 edit
File 143387048831.png - (43.39KB , 128x128 , fell king transparent.png )
77050
As you set about your search, Valanor offers, "I have spent much time turning this place over, but you are welcome to search to your heart's content."

There is much evidence of your skirmish with the Fell King on pieces of the tower's interior, but you have no luck finding anything relating to the physical body of Kraag, the Fell King, or Daragoth. Torinn and Sureiya push over what rubble they can, and the shaman thoroughly investigates the area, especially around where the bloody rock was found, but there are no other traces.
>> No. 77051 edit
>>77050
"...Can we somehow determine whose blood this is?" the shaman finally asks, referring to the bloody rock.
>> No. 77052 edit
File 139772162762.png - (36.48KB , 128x128 , sidtoken.png )
77052
Valanor regards the rock. "Well, it's not red dragon blood, I can tell that much."

Sid examines the blood thoroughly, then shrugs, "It is an orc's blood... though I don't know whether it came from Ragrim or Kraag. Dunno how we'd even tell something like that!"

Sid: (Heal) http://orokos.com/roll/303544
>> No. 77053 edit
>>77052
"We did spend weeks working on a spell to track down the Fell King. Does he not have some identifying features?"
>> No. 77054 edit
File 131752594194.png - (33.78KB , 128x128 , silver.png )
77054
That seems to give Sid an idea. "Perhaps we could ask Halvangh for aid in that regard? He might be able to aid us in tracking down the Fell King's body, since he located him once before."

"I will go find him, if you like," Valanor offers.
>> No. 77055 edit
>>77054
"If it's not too much trouble for you and Mr. Halvangh. Is he nearby?"
>> No. 77056 edit
"Is it possible to raise someone just from a little blood?" the ranger asks, genuinely confused.
>> No. 77057 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77057
"He ferried Thalwynn and Elayne back to the coalition camp, but I have not seen him since," Sid admits. Valanor nods, then takes wing, heading back towards the coalition forces. As he departs, the gnome nods in Sureiya's direction. "Indeed, though at great cost! I know of a ritual that could perform such an act."

A half-hour later, Halvangh appears--alone, there is no sign of Valanor returning with him. The huge silver dragon swoops down and lands before you, then "Y-you required my assistance?" He appears somewhat rattled.
>> No. 77058 edit
>>77057
"Hello, Mr. Halvangh. We were hoping you could help us find enough of Mr. Ragrim's remains to raise. We found some orcish blood, but we don't know if it's his."
>> No. 77059 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
77059
Halvangh regards the bloody rubble, and tilts his head. "Identifying the blood isn't exactly my area of expertise, but perhaps I could attempt to locate Ragrim Dragonsworn directly."

His previous shakiness gone, the silver dragon seems filled with purpose as he snaps one claw, and a small ritual book appears in his hand. Sitting back, he begins to flip through it with his claws, before stopping on one page. "We have several options available to us. Corpse Gate uses a piece of a corpse, and it will create a linked portal to the greater whole of the corpse. I do not believe what we have here is sufficient for Speak with Dead... we may also Consult Oracle, as the oracular spirits of the land possess much knowledge. Finally, I can attempt to scry on the Fell King directly--I have seen him in enough detail now to attempt such a thing."
>> No. 77060 edit
>>77059
"I don't think we should readily resort to the spirits in the Shadowfell... Does the scrying option have any drawbacks? It would be good to have a clear picture."
>> No. 77061 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77061
The dragon wrinkles his brow. "Well... scrying on the corpse would produce what is essentially an arcane sensor nearby. It would allow me to observe the area around it, as if I was standing beside the corpse. It would not tell me where we are in relation to it, but it might give us a clue as to where to look. It will fail if the corpse is on another plane--as you know from earlier, cross-planar scrying is nearly impossible to accomplish in a direct manner. Or, if it was a person rather than an object, as in the Fell King still lived, the spell would also fail, because a different ritual is necessary for that."
>> No. 77062 edit
>>77061
The shaman thinks. The last two options especially sound like powerful rituals.

"The scry seems like the best option, I think... We should learn whether his body can be reached at all before taking more specific measures."
>> No. 77063 edit
"Scrying sounds good" the ranger says, bored of digging around.
>> No. 77064 edit
Torinn echoes the others' sentiments. Scrying sounds like a safe enough option.

Last edited at 15/06/24(Wed)10:23:28
>> No. 77065 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
77065
"Very well," Halvangh replies. With a gesture, the wyrm's eyes glaze over, and he begins to chant arcane words while glancing towards his ritual book periodically and making wild gestures with his free claw. This goes on for roughly an hour before he snaps to his senses, then gives his head a mighty shake, saying, "No good. I'm not getting anything trying to scry on the corpse."
>> No. 77066 edit
"Can't find it? Well, I doubt Ragrim survived that blast... he seemed ready to go boom" the ranger growls.
"Corpse Gate might be what we need here, but it sounds somewhat dangerous."
>> No. 77067 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
77067
Halvangh eyes the blood, and shakes his head. "Corpse Gate would be an option, but... unfortunately it requires a little more than a resurrection. I do not believe we have enough here for a ritual in that direction, after all. Perhaps we could try scrying on a different plane? If we were to withdraw to a laboratory, I would be able to perform more potent rituals as well."
>> No. 77068 edit
>>77067
"I think it's worth pursuing further what happened to Mr. Ragrim. It may help us learn about Mr. Daragoth as well. ...Is there nothing we can do with this bloodstain?"
>> No. 77069 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77069
"I can attempt a resurrection," Sid notes. "Other than that, I don't think so!"

"I have set up a laboratory in Mithral Hall. It is not as elaborate as the one back in the Gallard's Tower, but it will service for boosting my scrying prowess," Halvangh offers.
>> No. 77070 edit
"Well, unless someone has a bright idea I guess we could move there" Sureiya suggests.
"It will probably be a while until things settle down in Baldur's Gate, anyway."
>> No. 77071 edit
>>77069
"We could take part of the rock with us. Even if it's Mr. Kraag Bloodspire's blood, maybe it can indirectly help locate the people we want? He was a Dragonsworn as well, so he may be near Mr. Daragoth."

The shaman pulls out a metal spike and a hammer to chip away the bloodstain.

Last edited at 15/06/25(Thu)17:21:38
>> No. 77072 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77072
The shaman can chip away a piece of the bloodstained pillar fairly easily. Halvangh nods, then looks around uneasily, "I-I imagine Valanor will be hanging around here a bit longer... we can head back to Mithral Hall now, if that is your wish!"
>> No. 77073 edit
"Just one more thing, Halvangh. Aren't you a little too nervous each time Valanor is mentioned?" the ranger casually asks, smirking a little while wondering about his answer.
>> No. 77074 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
77074
Halvangh notices the ranger's smirk, and stiffens a bit. He does attempt to reply as evenly as he can, "Valanor is, as I told you before, a dragon slayer. As a dragon who hunts other dragons, he is actually something of an outcast among most of our people--regarded as very dangerous. While nobody believes that he would attack another metallic dragon, if he did, it would be very difficult to stop him, as he has slain several chromatics regarded as stronger than himself. In short, he's a specialist in killing dragons, and among my kin, there is always a lingering fear that if you had reason to kill you, there would be little you could do to stop him. This is why despite his status as an 'outcast' and the fact that he rarely interacts directly with other metallics, he still has some pull with our council."
>> No. 77075 edit
File 129819442072.png - (41.57KB , 161x272 , ~.png )
77075
>>77073
The taller spirit appears, and kicks Sureiya for asking that question.
>> No. 77076 edit
Sureiya regards Halvangh's response and the Shaman's aggresion with a short laugh.
"So he's so strong that it gives you guys the chills, eh? He doesn't seem like he would attack anyone without a good reason though. He felt regret about not finding about Daragoth's plans before this happened."
>> No. 77077 edit
>>77076
At Sureiya's laugh, the spirit kicks him again. The shaman isn't really paying attention.

Last edited at 15/06/26(Fri)15:39:55
>> No. 77078 edit
The ranger pays more attention to the spirit, and turns to it to attempt to stop further aggression, even though he still wears a faint smirk.
>> No. 77079 edit
>>77074

"Is it often necessary for dragons to designate their own for death? I don't suppose you have laws to be broken and the like?"

In need of a contingency plan for dragons, Myn makes a note to recruit that one.
>> No. 77080 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77080
Halvangh tries to reply to both Sureiya and Myn at the same time, "Well, no, we do not have common laws amongst the metallic dragons of Faerûn, which is why he makes us nervous. He is essentially a vigilante, enforcing his own brand of justice."
>> No. 77081 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77081
The party makes the long trek back to the camp, then to the caverns behind it--a guarded route into the Underdark, and through it, out of the Shadowfell and into Mithral Hall. As Halvangh heads to his lab, the party is stopped by Gourmert Goldsmith. "Ah, lads and ladies! Ahve been lookin' fer ye. Our ambass'dor just gotta sendin' froom Djerad Thymar. He's gotta message fer a Torinn Tormine!"
>> No. 77082 edit
>>77081
While discouraged by the failure to find Ragrim, Torinn perks up upon hearing he has a message from home. "I'd like to take that message," he says, adding, "privately, if possible."
>> No. 77083 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77083
Gourmert nods to Torinn and instructs him to follow. Halvangh has shifted to humanoid form at this point, as his dragon shape would not be able to navigate the interior of Mithral Hall. The rest of the party heads up a tunnel steadily winding up the mountain until reaching the site of Halvangh's lab, and Gourmert actually leads Torinn behind them for a time until they split off on a side tunnel.

Halvangh's makeshift lab is rather small, and has spell components and books piled around the corners. The floor has a large ritual circle inscribed upon the center, and that is where Halvangh heads. "It will take some time to cast the various rituals needed. Bear with me." The party waits patiently while Halvangh begins to cast.

Meanwhile, Torinn is granted a private audience with the ambassador, sitting behind a desk in a small yet well-decorated chamber. When the stone door shuts behind the dragonborn, he is addressed by the dwarf, "We've received sum word froom Tymanther, as ahm shure ye heard. 'Parently a halfling detective said she had a lead on tha case ye was interest'd in, and 'nuff word o' yer deeds abroad has reached back that she says they're gonna look tha other way when ye return. Ta tha end, she wants ye ta come ta Tymanther as soon as ye can." Scratching his ear, the elderly, scraggly-bearded dwarf adds, "Ah heard yer business 'ere was fin'shed, so thaugt ye'd wanna know."
>> No. 77084 edit
"Be sure to meet us again once you're done" the ranger says "we still got some pending business, alright?"

Then once with Halvang, Sureiya will attempt to note down all of the loot the people found during their last travel.
>> No. 77085 edit
>>77083
Torinn splits into a wide smile. Finally. Finally, he could return home and help his family. "I'm ready to leave immediately," he responds.

As much as he'd like to do as Sureiya asked, family comes first. He was never really the best at good-byes, anyway.


Last edited at 15/06/29(Mon)11:10:45
>> No. 77086 edit
File 130508734891.jpg - (136.27KB , 491x480 , 11125426_p0.jpg )
77086
"Aye, well, issa long trip. But I 'eard tha, 'cause o' recent events an' some urg'n froom key dign'taries, Waterdeep's establish'd a tel'portat'n circle ta Djerad Thymar," the ambassador reports to Torinn, nodding. "Ye've made tha trek 'fore, aye? Figure ye'd save soom time tha way."

At this point, Halvangh is still casting away in his humanoid form, but hasn't seemed to have success so far. It's likely to be several hours before he has results to share, given the cast time of the rituals involved.
>> No. 77088 edit
>>77084
During the loot split, when it happens, the shaman adds the 2000 gp of alchemical reagents from Batym to the total.
>> No. 77089 edit
>>77086
Torinn nods along. It'd be good to get back...

"Could you show me the way? Or find me somebody who knows the way?"
>> No. 77090 edit
Once the loot is listed and accounted, the ranger tries to break the ice with the party, since he knows they will spend a long time in the lab.

"Well, this job has been definitely more exciting than other adventures I've had until now, a much more profitable as well" he says, glancing at the loot.

"I think it would be good to pay a visit home, since our families were threatened an all, so, what are you guys doing now?"
>> No. 77091 edit
File 131760978037.png - (38.58KB , 151x204 , flip.png )
77091
>>77090
While waiting, the shaman has taken out her notes and started organizing and adding to them. She looks up to reply to Sureiya. "I have no immediate goals other than finding Mr. Ragrim."
>> No. 77092 edit
>>77090

"I doubt my home would make for a friendly visit, unfortunately. Perhaps I shall assist the shaman for the time being."

"It may be worth it for a copy of his notes, anyways."
>> No. 77093 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77093
The ambassador offers, "Followin' tha Surbin River south an' east, ye'll run right inta Waterdeep. Failin' tha, ye can hire one o' our rangers ta aid ye along tha way."

Thelkra is not currently present with the party, but Sid is, and reiterates, "I think Waterdeep's a good spot to regroup, and observe what happens in Baldur's Gate from afar, so that's where I'll go!"

Last edited at 15/06/30(Tue)16:50:59
>> No. 77094 edit
>>77093
Torinn thanks the dwarf for the information and heads off on Rutger. He'll follow the river back.
>> No. 77095 edit
"Well, I think I'll stay around until we know more about Ragrim. If there's nothing interesting to do then I guess I'll go take a good break in Amn."
>> No. 77096 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
77096
As Torinn heads out, the remaining adventurers are called back a few hours later and informed that the dragonborn has already departed and will not be joining them.

Once that is settled, Halvangh dispenses his findings, his human face appearing somewhat pained--"Th-this is very strange, my friends. My findings are thus--Ragrim Dragonsworn is alive, and on this plane. Strangely, I recognized the locale in which he is present... but it is not a place you can go. It is... well, the Well of Dragons." He pauses for a moment, looks away nervously, as if checking over his shoulder, then turns back and explains, "Mor--non-dragons are not permitted to enter, it is a sacred place to dragons. If you still wish to pursue him... I would recommend you petition Valanor for special permission."

Adopting a thoughtful pose, Halvangh adds, "I... for centuries, dying dragons have journeyed to the Well of Dragons to live out their final days. In more recent times, chromatic and metallic dragons have waged a war over control of the area, and it remains divided to this day, with constant battle shifting the line of control from day to day. Dragons of both sides will attack non-dragons that enter indiscriminately. How Ragrim came to end up there, I cannot begin to fathom."

OOC: History may tell you more about the Well of Dragons.
>> No. 77097 edit
>>77096
"...What did he look like he was doing there? And can we contact him from outside?"

Last edited at 15/06/30(Tue)18:31:15
>> No. 77098 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
77098
Halvangh shakes his head slowly. "When I scried upon him, he was in a place that can only be the very center of the well. I have seen the location from a distance, but never up close. He appeared to be lying on the ground, and I'm not certain he was conscious. But he was certainly alive. As for contacting him, you can certainly attempt it. The Well is not too distant from Baldur's Gate--it is a caldera nestled in the Sunset Mountains. For a very long time, the Cult of the Dragon held a fortress there and resurrected deceased dragons as dracoliches, but last I had heard they had been driven from the area."
>> No. 77099 edit
>>77098
History for Well. (21) http://orokos.com/roll/305069
History for Well + Speak with Spirits. (20) http://orokos.com/roll/305077


Last edited at 15/06/30(Tue)19:13:35
>> No. 77100 edit
Well lore:http://orokos.com/roll/305074
>> No. 77101 edit
"Hmm, I should go look for Thelkra later."
"So that bastard made it out alive, huh? Then Daragoth's probably around somewhere."
History (19) http://orokos.com/roll/305085
>> No. 77102 edit
>>77101
"Maybe the metallic dragon spirits got him out," suggests the shaman. "Will we be eaten by dragons if we visit?"
>> No. 77103 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77103
Halvangh pauses, then suggests, "If you wish, tomorrow I can attempt to locate Daragoth as well." Nodding to the shaman, he says, "I would be extremely dangerous... if you're lucky, and discovered by a metallic, you'd probably just be turned back, but some may assume you're there for nefarious purposes and attack you on the spot. Chromatics will certainly attack you on sight."

History: None of you have heard much about the Well of Dragons, but the shaman and ranger can confirm it is a sacred place where dragons were said to journey to die in the past.
>> No. 77104 edit
>>77103
"...I think, for now, we should inform Mr. Valanor and hear his decision."
>> No. 77105 edit
"Alright, you guys go inform Mr. Dragonslayer, I'll go look for Thelkra in the meanwhile" the ranger says.
>> No. 77106 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77106
As if on cue, Valanor shows up in his humanoid form in the laboratory. "I do not believe keeping watch on the area will yield any further results," he states, as Halvangh watches him nervously. "Have you found anything?"

Sureiya finds Thelka with some other wounded Flaming Fist members in what appears to be a makeshift medical area. Dwarven healers are tending to the wounds of most of the soldiers, and Thelkra appears to be watching over it from the edge. She nods to Sureiya as he approaches, but does not say anything.
>> No. 77107 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
77107
>>77106
Fast. "Mr. Ragrim seems to be alive, but at the center of the Well of Dragons."
>> No. 77108 edit
"Thelkra, I got news" the ranger says.
"Can we go somewhere else to talk?"
>> No. 77109 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77109
That seems to cause Valanor to stiffen. "That certainly... complicates matters." The red-and-gold wearing humanoid moves further into the laboratory, and places a hand on his chin thoughtfully. "The exact center, you say? Even dragons rarely approach that spot. The remains there are said to be ancient, and strange. My kin needs be informed."

Thelkra nods to Sureiya, and leads the ranger out into the tunnels. When they find a secluded enough locale, she turns and asks, "What's the news?"
>> No. 77110 edit
File 138147525082.png - (3.10KB , 41x41 , bern130.png )
77110
>>77109
"Is there anything we can do to help with the situation?"
>> No. 77111 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
77111
Valanor tilts his head as he replies, "For you to even enter the Well of Dragons would be a great challenge. It is a dangerous place, and more importantly, even my own kind forbid yours from entry. It is not impossible for mortals who have good reason to receive permission to enter, however. I could bring up such a suggestion when I inform the council of the Draakhorn. But keep in mind that it may take months for a decision to be reached."
>> No. 77112 edit
The ranger looks around carefully, and once he determines no one is around he continues, in a lower voice.
"He's alive. We don't know how or why, but Halvang found him in a dangerous place."

Sureiya keeps nerviously looking around "we should go back to Halvang's laboratory. The rest is deciding what to do with Valanor in there."
>> No. 77113 edit
File 131025978269.png - (6.03KB , 35x45 , cut.png )
77113
>>77111
"...Will he be fine for all that time?" the shaman asks to both dragons.
>> No. 77114 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
77114
"He is the Fell King. I cannot imagine he would simply die there," Valanor points out. "More importantly, I think it would be prudent to delve into the mystery purely to discover how and why he is there."

"He was there, and seemingly unconscious... beyond that, I do not know what he could possibly be doing," Halvangh confirms.

Thelkra nods, and moves to follow Sureiya. "Arrite. I'm ready to go, then."
>> No. 77115 edit
"I'll lead the way" the ranger says.
>> No. 77116 edit
>>77114
"We met Mr. Ragrim's old metallic dragon spirit guides in the Fell Keep. They were probably formed from dead dragons, so I thought maybe they brought Mr. Ragrim to their gravesite... But how would the investigation work?"
>> No. 77117 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77117
Halvangh seems to consider this for a few moments, then says, "...I do not think the dragon spirits would have the power to teleport him to the Well of Dragons, but stranger things have happened. It is certainly possible that... perhaps it is part of his pact? I believe you are on the right track..."

"As I said before, nobody really knows what is at the heart of the Well of Dragons," Valanor states bluntly, as Thelkra and Sureiya enter the room. "Perhaps a more thorough examination of the area will reveal more. Halvangh, what did you see?"

Halvangh hesitates for a moment, as if at once taken aback and trying to search his memory, then says, "I saw... something like, a great coiling form, around a partially collapsed stone passage leading upwards. My point of view was too narrow to see very much, but it appeared to be vaguely serpentine."

"Then we need to see it up close," the humanoid form of the golden dragon replies.
>> No. 77118 edit
"And... that's the place, Well of Dragons. Some sort of important dragon battlefield graveyard which is closely secured" Sureiya attempts to explain.

Then, he looks up to Valanor, who seems to be the lead of the expedition "What's our best bet, then?"
>> No. 77119 edit
>>77117

"A serpentine form? Perhaps we may next find that the third count of Baldur's Gate has been lurking there as a giant python."

"Unknown places tend to have unknown treasures."
>> No. 77120 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77120
Neither of the dragons present seem to know how to reply to Myn's comment, so Valanor answers Sureiya, "I would suggest... allowing me to petition that the council of metallic dragons send someone to investigate. Normally the council would not meet for decades hence, but the news that the Draakhorn may soon sound is reason enough to call them to council, and I can raise the matter therein. However, should you wish to investigate the matter yourselves, I can certainly petition for that at that time. It is your choice."
>> No. 77121 edit
File 143582671392.png - (81.97KB , 400x400 , 52b46b80a798208dea7f479f8de14bff 1.png )
77121
>>77120
At the taller spirit's urging, the shaman speaks up. "I would like to contribute to the investigation, if possible, though not if it will slow it down."

Last edited at 15/07/02(Thu)02:31:57
>> No. 77122 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77122
"Then I will petition such to the council," Valanor says firmly, turning to leave. "I suggest you go somewhere where it is easy to keep in touch--I would suggest Baldur's Gate, but it is likely to be in a tumultuous situation for some time, so perhaps Waterdeep would be preferable. I will keep you updated with Sendings."

"I have things to do in Baldur's Gate," Thelkra states in a matter-of-fact tone. "I don't think I'm interested in chasin' Ragrim again. I'd... rather be done with that."
>> No. 77123 edit
File 143588741843.png - (880B , 23x31 , spr1.png )
77123
>>77122
"How long will it be until the council meets?"
>> No. 77124 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77124
"As I said before, it was scheduled to meet in a few decades. But I will call them to meet as soon as they are able," Valanor replies.
>> No. 77125 edit
The ranger throws a glance to Thelkra, looking somewhat worried.
"Maybe if we weren't so cold with Ragrim before she wouldn't feel like this now."


"Well, I believe I should make a short trip to Amn and check some stuff at home. Once I'm done with that I believe I should be able to return to Waterdeep" he explains.
>> No. 77126 edit
>>77124
The shaman nods to affirm her understanding.
>> No. 77127 edit
"Alright, then let's see if we can find the griffons we used in our trip to the earthmotes" the Ranger suggests to Thelkra.
>> No. 77128 edit
And so the adventurers went their separate ways, at least for now. While Sureiya, Torinn, Bernkastel, Sid, Thelkra and Myn all head for Waterdeep, they have differing goals that will split them when they arrive, and Ramuh has departed for the Luruar region. However, their combined strength has put an end to the threat of the Fell King--again, at least for now.

However, lingering threats loom on the horizon. Ragrim Dragonsworn still lives, and his mysterious appearance at the Well of Dragons has raised more questions than answers. And though Daragoth the Desolator's plan to seize the leyline convergence for his own purposes was foiled, the dragon himself is unaccounted for, and the mysterious words relating to the Draakhorn that Ragrim spoke linger in the minds of all who heard him. Nevertheless, a grave threat to the Sword Coast and neighboring parts of Faerûn has been defeated by the heroic deeds of a party of adventurers, yet again.

And perhaps, one day, fate will see fit to bring them together again, to answer some of the lingering questions from the Fell King's fall, and to explore the other countless mysteries that lay buried across Faerûn...
>> No. 77129 edit
Somewhere over the ocean, a sleek-looking black vessel drifts slowly, far above the water, hidden in the clouds. This sky-going vessel is, strangely enough forged entirely of metal. It possesses no sails, and no other obvious means of propulsion, though along the sides are elongated cylinders set horizontal that have red lights that form rings around each end. Portions of the ship are painted red, in an obvious sort of symbol that stretches across the entire belly of the ship. Nobody stands aboard the deck of the ship, but visible through a window on the upper forward portion stand several figures, and panels colored with what appear to be all sorts of blue, glowing arcane sigils.

"Faerûn..."

This voice belongs to the figure standing furthest forward. He wears a strange sort of armor, something like half-plate, comprised of hardened reddish-brown leather with white plate sabatons and gauntlets, as well as a chest piece that includes shoulder armor as well as a heavily stylized helmet that covers the entire face and head. The helmet is ornamented by wing-like protrusions from the sides that jut straight back, and a beak-like design that curves down between the eye slits which are covered with a non-reflective black glass, and a circular breathing apparatus covering his nose and mouth. His build suggests a male humanoid, perhaps a human or orc.

"A land ruled by false idols. Gods. Dragons. Primordials. Fiends."

There are three other figures standing behind him wearing similar suits of armor, though with varying colors and designs. One is short and stocky, with a build that suggests a male dwarf, though his armor plating is red in color, and the helmet lacks the bird-themed design--instead, the helmet comes forward to a single elongated horn that protrudes from the forehead a few inches, and sweeps back into two spike-like protrusions above where his ears would be. On his gauntlets are grooved protrusions that make it look like heavy plates of some sort are meant to be attached to the back of the forearm. Another possesses a lithe and feminine build, perhaps a female fey humanoid such as an elf or eladrin, and wears silver armor, with the helmet boasting no forehead design, but featuring two large curved horns that seem to loop around where her ears would be, with the pointed ends on the bottom. Unlike the others, the leather portions of her armor are white rather than reddish-black. The final figure is armored in blue, and is much smaller than the others, with a build that suggests a goblin or perhaps gnome. His helmet possess no spikes or horn-like features, and instead is bulky and nearly circular, with a gray metallic breathing apparatus at the mouth, and black lenses covering the eyes. Its gauntlets are somewhat comically over-sized, but oddly, the fingers look very flexible and dexterous. There are a few other humanoids running about, wearing outfits of much simpler design, tending to the panels boasting the arcane sigils. Their armor is of black and red cloth, and with only a metal helmet that only covers the top of the head, leaving the rest of the head and face exposed, and leather gauntlets, boots, and a belt completing the ensemble.

"In Abeir we have worked tirelessly to wrest control of the world from these outside forces," the white-armored figure continues. "This is the so-called world of mortals. But the people of Faerûn are weak. They turn to these false idols for succor and strength."

He turns to face the three other armored figures, who as if on cue, kneel before him. "For the 'world of mortals' to carry any meaning, mortals must rule the world. It falls upon us to bring order to the chaos that is Faerûn."

"Bluehand gearworks are notmatched! Sturmgust's contraptions now pastthings. Bluehand is the future!" the smaller humanoid says, his voice sounding very goblin-like.

"As you will, it will be done, my lord," comes the melodious voice of the fey figure.

"Yah, zee might ought zee Empire icht unrivaled." confirms the red-clad dwarf.

The figure wearing white armor raise a fist and clenches it. "While our forces in Returned Abeir continue their battle against the dragons, we have been charged to champion our cause on the mainland. By the word or by the sword, we will spread the Imperium through Faerûn until the devotion to the false idols is naught but memory!" He whirls back towards the window, and gazes upon the coast rising in the distance--the Sword Coast. "And we have you and yours in alliance... correct, outsider?"

Another figure seems to materialize behind the three kneeling figures--an orange-robed eladrin male that seems to unnerve all others on deck aside from the white-armored leader. "Indeed. Your goals and ours coincide," Hemah says. "All shall be as the Master... as Dalamud wills. Faerûn will be yours."
>> No. 77130 edit
File 14361140564.png - (252.30KB , 450x253 , ffxiv2015012621300390_thumb.png )
77130
"How the hell did I end up here?!" Magplok cries incredulously, making his way up the unnerving, twisting path. It wouldn't have been his first choice, but the entire area seemed to be littered with what appeared to be dragon bones jutting out of a contorted, bizarre landscape. He couldn't figure out a way down, so he keeps going up.

The strangest thing about his current location was what appeared to be an enormous, serpentine, coiling form that encircled the path at a great distance, amidst jagged spires of rock and what appeared to be crystal. It was almost like the petrified body of some humungous serpent, hundreds of feet in length and perhaps thirty feet in circumference.

As he approaches a platform at the top of the twisting path, he sees that overlooking a jagged cliff, raised above the trail's end was what appeared to be the head of a dragon sitting at the end of the serpentine coil. It, too, seems petrified and inert, but for a moment Magplok thought he saw one of the eyes glowing red--but that glow quickly fades.

"What in the..." his voice trails off as he looks down and spies a humanoid form collapsed upon the platform in front of him. "Hey... hey, are you okay?" he cries out, rushing over to the fallen form.
>> No. 77131 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77131
And now I just want to take a moment to thank the players for my heroic tier campaign! We've had a -lot- of rough spots, and I thank you for your patience in putting up with me for all this time. I think I have learned a lot. I hope to see most or all of you back for the paragon-tier adventure, where I hope to put the lessons I've learned to use and provide a fun and enjoyable game for everyone involved!

This goes for everyone who stuck through to the end, and even those who only joined briefly. Thank you so very much! I do enjoy playing with you guys and hope to keep doing so!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason