[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 14381099514.jpg - (195.23KB , 1108x826 , Amn_1479_DR.jpg )
77211 No. 77211 edit
The wealth of Amn is well-known throughout Faerûn. For centuries, the great nation has gained power and influence through the acquisition of material wealth and distant colonies in Chult, the Mhair Archipelago, and the Moonshae Isles. However, Amn's reputation of being ruled by a ruthlessly oppressive oligarchy have prevented it from gaining much favor among the more free city-states of the Sword Coast and beyond. Amn has a long-standing trade rivalry with Waterdeep, the City of Splendors, and there is little love lost between the two nations, especially given Amn's local ban of arcane magic not wielded by the Cowled Wizards of Amn.

The city of Crimmor is the beating heart of the merchant empire within Amn, though Athkatla remains the true capital city and possesses a population nearly thrice that of Crimmor's forty thousand. Practically all trade heading north of Amn by land passes through this fortified mustering point, and the city bristles with taverns, inns, and festhalls catered towards merchants and adventurers alike. The Shadow Thieves maintain a headquarters here, but do not operate. Indeed, the Shadow Thieves quickly dispose of any freelance thieves operating in the area, creating one of the safest cities in Faerûn for merchants.

It is in this city where Sureiya's family makes its humble home, and where the half-orc ranger finds himself today, sparring in the small yard in front of his residence with his father.
Expand all images
>> No. 77212 edit
File 143821518975.jpg - (11.30KB , 236x360 , 61925094f8f9fe82c08095b4de7c9dcd.jpg )
77212
"You have grown stronger" the older, human figure admits, "but you have also become complacent of your own skills" he says, while swinging his quarterstaff twice from a safe distance.

The half-orc, on the other side barely manages to dodge the first strike, but gets smacked in the face from the second one.

"I won't go easy on you, old man!" the ranger roars, moving closer to his father, but both of his swings go wild and miserably miss.

Last edited at 15/07/29(Wed)17:13:09
>> No. 77213 edit
Reiyasu shifts back in order to make use of his reach, vaguely recalling their previous training with a little of nostalgia. However, his son is clearly more focused on the present, as he brutally smacks him on the shoulder as he retreats.

"It appears I should not take you lightly" the human replies with a wry smile. Then he counterattacks, landing two clean hits upon his opponent.

"You have been training, haven't you!?" Sureiya reclaims, as his father looks calm and collected.

"Only enough to show my presumptuous son he still has a long way to go" his father answers, still smiling.

Last edited at 15/07/28(Tue)15:50:58
>> No. 77214 edit
"Hah, father like son, they say!" Sureiya says, closing the gap between them and retaliating with two rapid swings, completely passing through his father's defenses.

Taking the sparring a little more seriously, Reiyasu's smile disappears and he adopts a different stance. Without retreating this time, he swings his staff once more, hitting true and making a drip of blood appear from Sureiya's mouth.

Then, the magical tattoo in the ranger's back activates, and empowers him to immediately counterattack. But he barely manages to cut the air in front of him, as his father is safely distant from him, looking at him with an amused expression.

Last edited at 15/07/28(Tue)18:08:11
>> No. 77215 edit
Just as Sureiya is about the continue, he notices his father relaxes his stance.

"You know the rule. We stop once it gets bloody. It appears I have won again" the human says, rather satisfied.

"Ugh! You wouldn't have gotten away if I weren't using these mock weapons!"

"Magical weapons are rather powerful and expensive. Would you really use them in a sparring against your beloved father?"

"Hmmpt, just to get rid of that arrogant expression of yours."

Last edited at 15/07/28(Tue)18:00:29
>> No. 77216 edit
Sureiya and his father leave their weapons in the shed, and return to the inside of their house.
>> No. 77217 edit
When Sureiya and his father enter their modest home, they take a seat in the dining area. The ranger's half-orc mother sets down a glass filled with water in front of each and says, "If ya wants some ale, yer gonna have ta hit the tavern, but drinks some water first. Ya was sweating hard out there, after all." She's dressed rather well, as she is a fairly successful merchant, much like his father, though his father has been doing less business as of late due to his recent association with the Emerald Cabal.
>> No. 77219 edit
"Don't ya worry mom, we good" Sureiya answers, having his accent slightly affected by his surroundings. He is also surprised about how his humble home was slowly become more prosperous, surely thanks to the hard work of his parents.

Feeling refreshed after drinking some water, Sureiya vents a little with his parents.

"Ya know, I had a lot of fun back then, but it was crazy. A part of me wanted to finish the job and get the hell out of there. But I couldn't do that, it was thrilling. The danger, the adventure, finding old treasures in a far, lost place."

He stops for a little bit, and asks "Why did ya stop, old man? You've never liked to brag, but I'm sure you were way stronger back then."

Reiyasu, on the other side, shares a short glance with his wife, feeling a threatening aura coming from her. Then, he coughs a little and he answers.

"Thrilling as you say, the life of an adventurer is often short. We decided it was better for you to have a poor father, than dead one."

Last edited at 15/07/29(Wed)01:05:38
>> No. 77220 edit
Trying to soften a little the mood, he continues.

"Still, not every day your son returns home bathed in glory. I believe some sort of celebration is in order, son." his father says, notably proud. "As they say, Ambor mabas lufut!" Giant: Liquor after war!"

"Ambor mabas lufut!" Sureiya replies, eager to share a drink with his old man.
>> No. 77221 edit
Still in high spirits, father and son leave for a drink, going to a cheap but familiar pub on the surroundings.
>> No. 77222 edit
File 143821453254.jpg - (137.54KB , 519x657 , dost thou even heft.jpg )
77222
The ranger's mother sees the men of the house off, shaking her head but wearing an amused expression. The two encounter little difficulty or excitement on their short walk to the pub. The public house itself, being a somewhat cheaper venue, is quite crowded at this hour. Sureiya and his father are able to occupy themselves with drinking and general japery for a solid half-hour before something unusual happens--Sureiya briefly brushes a well-dressed moon elf female patron and finds his arm clasped by hers. She looked quite young, though as an eladrin Sureiya found age hard to judge by appearance alone, with auburn hair, fair skin, and brown eyes.

"Your return has not gone unnoticed, Sureiya of the twin blades," she says, her voice soft and sounding in Sureiya's ear as almost a whisper, yet somehow slicing through the noisy tavern to reach his ear. She releases his arm, and draws back, speaking a few more words as she does so, "I would have words with you outside, if you'd be so kind..." She then turns, a green cloak trailing behind her as she heads for the exit.
>> No. 77223 edit
"I was about your age when I settled down, son." Reiyasu says, looking less dignified after a few drinks.

"I have never seen her before" the ranger hurries to explain, somewhat flustered.

"She was certainly looking for you. A noble like her doesn't belong to a place like this." his father deduces. "Perhaps it would be a good idea to follow her."

The ranger replies to his father with a single nod, and goes outside of the pub.
>> No. 77224 edit
File 143822099822.jpg - (19.21KB , 250x374 , minsc and boo.jpg )
77224
When Sureiya exits the pub, she catches sight of the elven woman as she ducks off to the side of the building, in a alcove between it and the large storefront next door. Turning the corner himself, Sureiya realizes that she is not alone--she has turned and is facing him, but she is accompanied by a burly-looking human male that stands nearly seven feet tall, with fair skin and a purple circular tattoo over the top of his head. He wears scale armor with a purple cloak clasped to the top, and a small, brown-furred rodent sits atop his shoulder. He regards you with a curious look as the eladrin fixes her cool gaze in your direction as well, saying, "My apologies if you feel I have you at a disadvantage. I am Remallia Haventree, and this is my bodyguard," she indicates the large man attending her.

"I am Minsc! And this is my miniature giant space hamster, Boo!" the human calling himself Minsc announces, indicating the rodent on his shoulder. He turns towards it and says, "Say hi, Boo!"

The hamster makes a small squeaking noise, which seems to satisfy the human, and Remallia addresses the half-orc once more, "I am quite fortunate to have encountered you here, warrior. I am given to understand you recently uncovered evidence relating to an artifact called the 'Draakhorn'?"
>> No. 77225 edit
Sureiya recognizes everyone's introductions, including Boo's, but figures out they already know him well enough.

"...That's something I shouldn't talk about" the ranger says, surprised by the sudden questioning. "But if I knew about it, why should I trust you?" Sureiya questions, in a skeptical but cordial tone.
>> No. 77226 edit
File 143822267068.jpg - (12.40KB , 200x314 , 200b.jpg )
77226
"Ah, worry not! Remallia has powerful morals, my friend!" Minsc assures Sureiya emphatically, though Remallia manages to calm him slightly with a gesture.

She then speaks her own mind, "Because the Cowled Wizards have recently come into the possession of something dangerous. An artifact known as the black dragon mask." She draws close to Sureiya, and her voice takes on a slightly harder edge as she speaks with a conviction she had not displayed until now, "I'll be frank with you because you're basically a model adventurer, and I'm a Harper agent--we can help each other."
>> No. 77227 edit
"The Cowled Wizards..." a worried sigh escapes from the ranger's mouth.

"I didn't know you were still around. Well, you have my attention, but can you prove being whoever you claim to be?" the ranger questions, perhaps more out of curiosity than anything else.

History and insight checks: http://orokos.com/roll/312691
Dungeoneering check on the Mask: http://orokos.com/roll/312696

>> No. 77228 edit
File 143822547660.jpg - (14.92KB , 200x314 , 200.jpg )
77228
The elven woman procures a small crystalline disc, and carved upon it is a crescent moon encompassing a harp, surrounded by four stars. Sureiya is able to determine that this is indeed a Harper symbol, though Remallia notes, "It would be difficult for me to offer any definite proof of who I am, but if there is aught I can do to prove my trust, then I will do so." She steps back slightly and seems to relax a bit, then adds, "I should note that I came by this information second-hand. Our undercover agent here in Amn, whom I cannot name in order to maintain his secrecy, but he assisted a gold dragon named Valanor in the past. I am given to understand you met this dragon? They were keeping an eye on a merchant family here, in response to rumors of a wide-scale plot targeting the families of certain adventurers. He was the one who alerted me to this acquisition of the Cowled Wizards."
>> No. 77229 edit
"That must have been when our families were threatened..."

"Very well, lady Remalia, I'll talk. Shouldn't we move to a more proper place for a conversation like this?"
>> No. 77230 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77230
"Actually, why don't we go back inside the pub?" miss Haventree replies, gesturing.

Minsc nods, and begins to entusiastically make his way towards the doorway back inside, "Good mead, good camaraderie, and later, some good steel-on-steel! Evil shall tremble before us tonight!"

The eladrin follows at a slower pace, adding, "Your companion is probably getting concerned about you, and I'd like to discuss our plan somewhere where a band of adventurers discussing their nightly activities won't draw too much attention."
>> No. 77231 edit
Sureiya heads back into pub, and introduces the Harper and her bodyguard to Reiyasu.

"So, this is lady Remalia, her bodyguard Mincs and his little companion. He's my father, Reiyasu. They have come here to discuss some business you might be also interested about."

"A pleasure to meet you" Reiyasu says, a little surprised by the appearance of the bodyguard and his space hamster. "Please sit down and allow me to procure you some drinks" he adds, with an honest smile.

Last edited at 15/07/30(Thu)11:33:27
>> No. 77232 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77232
Minsc slides into the chair heavily and looks quite ready to indulge in whatever drink the tavern can provide. "My blade thirsts for battle, but my throat thirsts for ale! Ale first, then battle, that is the proper order of things!" Nodding to Reiyasu, he replies to his offer with, "Give us the strongest this pub's got! Boo does not care for light drinks."

Remallia declines any drink, preferring water as she lightly occupies a chair between Minsc and Sureiya. She addresses Reiyasu in conversation more directly, "Remallia Haventree of Waterdeep; a pleasure, sir." The eladrin shoots Sureiya a quick look, as if waiting for his cue to proceed.
>> No. 77233 edit
Sureiya's father is not one to miss a hint, so he cheerfully accepts Minsc and Remalia's request with a smile, and stands up to get the drinks.

"I only heard of this Draakhorn artifact recently, during our fight in the Shadowfell. -You-know-who- said it would sound soon, and we would be judged by the dragons answering its call."

"This was before he regained his own will, he was being controlled by some dragon spirits back then."
>> No. 77234 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77234
Minsc looks a bit antsy for the drinks, but Remallia proceeds smoothly with the discussion. "...we had reason to suspect as much. The Harpers have only been recently reformed, and we have not the resources to reach all of Faerûn. As such, our primary focus right now is maintaining the balance of power within the Sword Coast." The elven woman pauses briefly before reclining and then continuing, "Though the business in Baldur's Gate is worrying, that is within the natural ebb and flow of political power within the greater region. More concerning, however, are the movements of the Cult of the Dragon as of late. We believe they have a new leader, and that leader is expending a tremendous amount of resources in locating five unique magical items--dragon masks."

Lowering her voice, miss Haventree confirms, "These five dragon masks--red, black, green, blue, and white--are potent artifacts in and of themselves, but we believe the Cult of the Dragon has knowledge related to them that we do not. As for the artifacts themselves, we have only managed to track down the location of one: the black dragon mask, which the Cowled Wizards are in possession of." Remallia emphatically gestures as she adds the last point, "We believe the Cult of the Dragon already possesses the Draakhorn. We're not certain, but intelligence points to them already possessing the red dragon mask as well. We don't know why they want all these things just yet, but we do know that the Cult of the Dragon has never sought anything for the good of the realm. We aim to foil their plans, for nothing good can come of the cult acquiring all five dragon masks as well as the Draakhorn."

Remallia lets out a quick breath and relaxes slightly, as Sureiya's father is on his way back. She adds quickly, "We believe an exchange will happen here, in this city, in two days' time. The cult and the Cowled Wizards have apparently already brokered some sort of deal for the mask. Before then, my objective is to steal the black dragon mask away from the Cowled Wizards and take it to my husband's manor home in Waterdeep. There, we can study its magical properties and keep it safely out of the hands of the Cult of the Dragon. To be blunt, I was hoping to enlist your assistance. The Harpers would be in your debt, and there are many things you could do with a favor from our agents."
>> No. 77235 edit
"A chance to mess up with the Cowled Wizard's plans don't appear very often" the ranger energetically says.

"Say, I'm impressed. You did your homework before coming here. You knew I would accept" Sureiya continues with a smirk. "The adventure is a good offer already, but having the harpers owing me a favor seals the deal."

Almost immediately, Reiyasu returns with the drinks and adds "Messing with the Cowled Wizards is what the Emerald Cabal is for. I hope can you accept my humble request to join your mission."
>> No. 77236 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77236
As Minsc downs his drink with much gusto, Remallia gives Sureiya a slight smile--though it's just barely there, her face has shown very little emotion up to this point, so it stands out quite a bit. "Of course. But I couldn't ask you to do it for free, even if you were willing to do so. Though I'm less clear on the extent of your skills, mister Reiyasu, so perhaps you can offer your own input."

The eladrin female leans forward and lowers her voice at this juncture, explaining, "Our agent in the city is still scouting out the location, but I have prepared a basic outline of a plan. Minsc and I will provide a distraction. Sureiya will stealthily infiltrate the location and secure the dragon mask. Once we have word that the mask is out of the wizards' hands, we will withdraw. Minsc and I are rather good at that kind of thing."
>> No. 77237 edit
"Stealth is something where my son shines brighter than me. As for myself, as any self-respecting retired adventurer, I am still craving for action. Perhaps my boy might convince persuade you that my skills are well suited for a mission of his level?" the father elegantly explains.

"Hmpt. He should be able to help us in a fight."

"Excellent, I knew my son would be overjoyed by the idea of working with his father" Reiyasu adds, without an ounce of shame.

"Besides, it might be possible to use some of my influence in the Emerald Cabal to gather information."
>> No. 77238 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77238
"The aid of the Emerald Cabal would be invaluable in this endeavor. We only have two days until the deal takes place, though, and need to pull this off before then. Can you get their support that quickly?" Remallia asks.
>> No. 77239 edit
"Indeed, the Emerald Cabal has a good track of all of the places where the Cowled Wizards hold influence. Since this is an important relic, we can rest assured it will be secured inside of one of their best bases, but also where it doesn't gets a lot of attention" Reiyasu deduces.

"Perhaps the most difficult part will be to gather the information without having to compromise our mission. If the people in the Cabal learn too much, they might attempt to grab the mask for themselves. So, even if it is imperative to find their location, I must not rush my negociations."

After a little pause, the ranger continues the conversation.

"Fine, so my old man will be in charge of investigating. But what do you plan to do with this mask once we get it? And what about the other masks?"

Last edited at 15/07/30(Thu)20:38:48
>> No. 77240 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77240
"I intend to take the black dragon mask to Waterdeep, to my husband's manor home, as I indicated before. There, we will study the mask to determine why the Cult of the Dragon wants it so badly while also keeping it out of the cult's grasp," Remallia explains patiently. "What we do next with the mask is dependent on what we learn from study. If destroying the mask is possible and it is too dangerous, we will do so, otherwise, we will attempt to keep it hidden, out of the cult's reach."

Minsc slams his mug onto the table and wipes his mouth, calling out to the nearest ale wench, "Another! Boo and I have barely wet our whistles!" The eladrin glances in his direction before continuing her explanation, "The Harpers are scouring the realm for clues as to the locations of the other dragon masks. The only other lead we have so far is that we believe the cult already has the red dragon mask, and their new leader is in possession of it. We are working hard to discover his identity and his location." Nodding to Reiyasu, Remallia adds, "I leave the matter of handling negotiation with the Emerald Cabal to you. I agree that it is imperative that they do not learn of the black dragon mask, not yet at any rate. Even if the cabal themselves cannot unlock its secrets, the Cult of the Dragon is coming here in two days and I want the mask out of this city by then. We need to stay ahead of them."
>> No. 77242 edit
The ranger silent nods after listening to Remalai's explanation. However his father still got something else to say.

"If there's nothing else to say, I believe it is my time to go to work." Reiyasu says, swiftly standing up from his seat. "This shall be a long night."
>> No. 77243 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77243
Remallia stands as well, and signals to Minsc, who puts down his half-finished drink and slowly rises from his seat. "Yes, we should depart as well. There are preparations to be made, and I need to meet with our agent in the city. Do not worry, we will contact you soon."

As the eladrin woman moves to leave, Minsc gives the half-orc and human a nod and half-salute, saying, "Boo and I bid you farewell! Evil should fear the day we meet again!" With that, he also moves to depart.
>> No. 77244 edit
"I guess I'll tag along" the ranger says to his father.

"It's been a while since I've seen the guys over there."

"It is not that different from how it was before you left."

"Tsk. Maybe I won't stay for long then."

Then, father and son then move to meet some of members of the Emerald Cabal.
>> No. 77245 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77245
Sureiya and his father have a brief meeting with the Emerald Cabal at a designated location in a different local tavern. Therein they quickly learn that just yesterday, a caravan guarded by several disguised members of the Cowled Wizards had arrived in the city. The disguised Cowled Wizards separated from the rest of the group in the Warehouse district, huddled around a hefty carved-wood box decorated with black opals. However, nobody seemed to be able to tell them which warehouse they were hiding out at.

The pair returns home rather than press too hard for fear of making the Emerald Cabal members suspicious. An uneventful rest of the day passes followed by a full night's sleep, and then it is morning once more.
>> No. 77246 edit
The ranger and his father spend an uneventful morning, in which Sureiya practices for a while with one of the staffs his father uses to fight. A while later, the two of them decide to visit to pub again, hoping to find the harper and the funny guy with his hamster.
>> No. 77247 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77247
It's less than an hour after arriving at the pub that the eladrin woman from before enters, along with her human bodyguard and his hamster animal companion. "Good to see you again. We have the information necessary. Come with us."

Sureiya and his father follow the Harper agent and her burly companion down some of the less-populated roads towards the warehouse district. As they walk at a steady yet brisk pace, Remallia begins to explain, "We have the location--the Cowled Wizards have set up shop in the far side of the ward. I have the area thoroughly scouted out, and some questioning of people who have been inside the warehouse recently suggests that there won't be much inside. It's large, and single-room, so while they may have additional goods in there, it's unlikely to be so difficult you will be unable to find the item. With that said, we don't know what kind of container they've placed it inside, so it may take extra time... which is a problem. I don't know how long we can keep them occupied."
>> No. 77248 edit
"Well, what was the original plan for a distraction?" Reiyasu asks.

"We can keep them busy enough if we knock em all" Sureiya replies, not very interesting in an elaborated plan.
>> No. 77249 edit
File 143847704120.png - (451B , 20x26 , Mage_Masher.png )
77249
"I agree! Swords, not words!" Minsc says immediately, holding one of his twin blades for all to see--it is a simple, yet dangerous-looking curved steel bastard sword. "But Remallia says to be careful, and I follow her lead."

"Trying to defeat a pack of wizards in their own lair is not a battle I wish to wage," the eladrin woman explains. "They are likely to have the place warded and possibly even attended by magical constructs... which is why I brought this."

From a satchel at her side, Remallia Haventree procures a blade with a peculiar hue--it appears to be forged of green crystal. It is quite short, and could pass for a short sword or large knife. "This weapon possesses enchantments which temporarily hide its bearer from magical sight, and powers to dispel wards. However, I only have the one, and it can only dispel a single potent ward, so we must be careful with how we use it. This is why I wish to send in Sureiya with this blade into the warehouse while we confront the wizards outside."

"Minsc, Remallia, and Boo will give their evil arses a good pounding to draw all of the wizards out of hiding, then we shall run away to keep them fooled!" the human ranger addes emphatically.

"There are at least a half-dozen Cowled Wizards on site, plus any arcane constructs they might have brought with them," the Harper agent adds. "It would be easier if I could tell you what to look for inside, but it's likely they have placed the mask in some kind of important-looking container. Look for something ornate and flashy."
>> No. 77250 edit
"I believe I should be able to bring competent wizard from the Emerald Cabal to assist us. Perhaps that might help us to create a longer distraction?" Reiyasu suggests, deep in thought.

"Are ya serious old man? It might get ugly for her if we get caught."

"Don't underestimate lady Sophie. She has grown wise and strong" the older human says. "Unless lady Remalia has another idea, of course. "
>> No. 77251 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
77251
"There are a lot of risks in getting more people involved herein and making more of a fight than there needs be," Remallia begins, then sharply draws in breath. "However, it would be even riskier if the distraction fails and Sureiya is cut off, or if one of us falls and is captured. Therefore, call upon a small set of allies--as few as you can manage, if possible, if you feel they are trustworthy."
>> No. 77252 edit
File 129610171245.png - (84.95KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana3.png )
77252
"I wouldn't suggest asking someone else to come if she wasn't exceptionally suited for the task" Reiyasu replies, softly smiling.

Sureiya, who has been silent during most of the planning, suddenly remembers something important from their investigation with the Cabal.

"I heard yesterday that the Cowled Wizards were seen carrying a big wooden box with black opals. I bet that's where they have the mask."
>> No. 77253 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77253
The eladrin woman considers. "Decorated with black opals, was it? In that case, I concur, that is likely the container we need to seize," she says, showing again the barest hint of a smile. "This information was obtained by the Emerald Cabal, then? Very well," She turns to face Reiyasu and adds, [green]"I believe we have the information we need to proceed. If you wish to call a friend, please do so quickly."[green]

By this time, you have walked all the way to the Warehouse District and are surrounded on all sides by large, rectangular buildings. There aren't many people milling about here, and those that are seem to be preoccupied with moving heavy items from place to place.
>> No. 77254 edit
"Very well, I will leave now. I asked her to wait in a pub not very far away from this district." Reiyasu says as he leaves the group to pick up the reinforcements.

In the meanwhile, Sureiya investigates the surroundings.
Stealth and perception: http://orokos.com/roll/313601
>> No. 77255 edit
About 15 minutes later, Reiyasu returns with the rest of the group accompanied by a short and feminine figure wearing a long coat, covering most of her face.

Then, the eladrin introduces herself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Sophie. I've been already informed of the plan and I wish to assist you" she says in a shy, but determined voice.

"I've brought a few potions that should help us to keep our identities hidden during the mission, please use them if you desire to remain anonymous" she says as she lends everyone a potion.
>> No. 77256 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77256
Remallia looks over to Minsc and says, "...I don't think it would help my friend here much to shift to a slightly different shape."

The eladrin studies one of the potions briefly before returning it to Sophie, declining to use them politely. "Greetings, miss Sophie. I am Remallia Haventree of the Harpers."

"And I am Minsc! This is my good friend, Boo, the miniature giant space hamster!" the boisterous human replies, indicating the hamster on his shoulder.

Sureiya's brief search of the surroundings reveals more of the same. Luckily, he doesn't seem to have aroused any additional suspicion.

"If we are all together and prepared, I shall now lead you and yours to our destination,"
>> No. 77257 edit
Sureiya and his father accept the potions and drink them in a single gulp, perhaps already used to their bitter flavor. Immediately after finishing it, their whole body seems to morph. Their skin, eye colors and even their height change a little bit. Sureiya's skin now is more pale, his eyes light green. His hair is much longer, and his whole build is slender. Reiyasu's changes are a little less extreme, besides the longer ears, sharper nose and colorful eyes, he holds a very similar aura than before. Just a few seconds passed and now they kind-of-look like a normal Eladrin.

"Please give me a minute" Sophie asks. Then she procures some magical reagents from her robes and hides into s corner. She quietly performs a ritual in a corner, and once she finishes her figure and clothes transform as well. She now has the appearance of an older, black haired halfling.

"I'm ready now." she announces to the group. The other two rangers, now with their changed appearances, nod in agreement.
>> No. 77258 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77258
Once the group has finished their temporary disguises, Remallia leads them to the far edge of the district. Eventually, she indicates stealth, and leads you up a ladder atop one of the larger warehouses. Creeping forward, she shows Sureiya, Sophie, and Reiyasu just the barest glimpse of a smaller, nondescript building constructed of dark wood paneling in the distance. Minsc stays at the ground level to keep watch.

"Here is the plan, in detail," Remallia begins. "Minsc, Sophie, Reiyasu, and I shall approach from the east, and I will attempt to talk to the Cowled Wizards they have stationed in the front. I don't expect I'll be able to stall them for long, so Sureiya will remain nearby, on the other side of the warehouse to the south. On the southern wall, there is a window--but it is too high to reach normally. I am given to understand that Sureiya is a skilled climber, however, and the moldy wood has enough grips to suffice for a climb. There is a construct guarding the south wall, so, Sureiya of the twin blades, I entrust unto you this blade." She hands him the green crystalline dagger he saw before, then explains, "You will be undetectable to the constructs when its power is active. Activate its power before you approach, and enter the window, find the box, disable any wards that might be placed upon it, secure it, and escape. In the meantime, we'll probably have a fight on our hands out front, but you will be hidden from the sight of any of the constructs that they have guarding the box inside as well. With any luck, we'll be able to draw any of the wizards on-site out front first before you move in."
>> No. 77259 edit
Sureiya accepts the green-colored blade and says "If there's anyone inside I'll knock em cold and get out with the mask."

The disguised Eladrin nods with a smile and says "Do not worry about the wizards, we will keep them entertained."

"Well, well. If it is the four of us against them we might not even need my son to sneak in" Reiyasu laughs, confident of their success.

Last edited at 15/08/03(Mon)00:45:31
>> No. 77260 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
77260
Remallia's eyes flash in response to the group's confidence. "Above all else, we must avoid giving them the impression that we will defeat them. If we begin to overpower them, they will retreat inside, and complicate matters. I must again emphasize that this is a wizard's lair, and fighting a half-dozen wizards alongside their magical traps and constructs is not a battle we wish to be fighting." She turns to Minsc and gives him a hard look as well. "This is why we must retreat shortly after starting the battle. Make enough of a show to get the wizards to pay attention to us, then we cut and run. Sureiya knows what the item looks like, so he will have plenty of time to secure it."
>> No. 77261 edit
Reiyasu and Sophie nod in agreement. They still seem ready to kick some ass, though.
>> No. 77262 edit
File 143864041984.png - (38.35KB , 128x128 , ArcaneGolem.png )
77262
With the plan in motion, Sureiya approaches from the south while the rest of the group moves in from the east. Sureiya hides behind the nearest warehouse south of their target, ready to move in, and Remallia takes point with Reiyasu, Minsc, and Sophie following behind.

As they round the corner, they spot four humanoid figures dressed in brown and red cowled robes with hoods, lined with fancy-looking silver thread. Behind them, near the set of rickety-looking wooden double doors that grant entry to the warehouse are two huge arcane golems, which appear fashioned from brass metal plating with blue gemstones embedded within. It is difficult to discern their race, but all are roughly human or elf-sized. Remallia moves forward, and one of the wizards steps forth to meet her. About fifty feet out, he holds up his hand and says, "That's far enough. You have no business here. Leave immediately."

Remallia does stop, noting the other three wizards reaching for hidden implements. "Excuse me, but I do believe I have business here. I am given to understand you have something of ours."
Now would be the time for Sureiya to move--stealthily, and using the power of the magic sword he was given, preferably.
>> No. 77263 edit
The ranger grabs the anti-mage sword and calls upon its magical properties. Then he silently moves toward the desired wall and starts climbing it, aided by some tools.

Stealth (24), Athetlics (33) http://orokos.com/roll/313893 http://orokos.com/roll/313933
>> No. 77264 edit
File 143865651196.jpg - (178.23KB , 1440x1018 , 17110_1_other_anime_sword_anime_girls_girl_with_sw.jpg )
77264
When Sureiya rounds the corner, he immediately notices one of the arcane constructs standing guard next to an open window about sixteen feet off the ground level of the warehouse. However, as promised, the arcane construct seems to not even realize that the half-orc is present, presumably because of the magical properties of the short sword he holds, which is currently glowing with a faint, yet eerie green line.

After silently slinking over to the warehouse, Sureiya begins to climb the grimy, slightly moist and unpleasant wooden paneling towards his objective. Using his grappling hook with a rope fashioned to it from his climber's kit, he's able to ascend the wall at a fairly good pace. He's almost at the top when he hears things begin to get heated in front of the warehouse.

"I asked nicely. The next time will not be so," the wizard in front of Remallia announces, brandishing a magic-looking staff of some sort. "Leave."

Remallia likewise draws forth a long, curved blade from behind her back--it was well-concealed by her cloak--and adopts a fighting stance. "Likewise, you have only a few seconds more to give us the dragon mask, or be cut down where you stand."

Minsc likewise pulls out a pair of bastard swords, and hunches over as he stalks forward protectively towards Remallia.
>> No. 77265 edit
Sophie procures a magic staff and holds it with her both hands. She stays on the back but wears a expression in her face, it was not her first time fight these cowards.

"You have heard the lady, please be nice and give us the mask, otherwise..." the older human says making a pause, showing his staff and reading a fighting stance. Then, the staff's appearance changes a little bit, a prestidigitation trick performed some hours ago start wearing off. Instead of looking like an old and worn staff, it recovers a faint purple glow and both ends of the staff start emanating cold energy.

On the other side, Sureiya doesn't stop, and he reaches the window and gets into the room in a single jump.

Last edited at 15/08/03(Mon)20:56:49
>> No. 77266 edit
File 143822547660.jpg - (14.92KB , 200x314 , 200.jpg )
77266
As Sureiya pulls himself through the narrow window, he sees the interior of the warehouse is fairly bare--there are no piles of boxes or merchandise scattered about. Instead, there are two large arcane construct standing aside a single pile of ordinary-looking wooden crates, atop which is the box that was described to him: a small, wooden box with black opals set in various points along its frame as decoration.

"You had your chance!" the cowled wizard yells, and with a sweeping motion of his staff, he hurls a fireball at the group. Luckily, Reiyasu and Sophie stand too far back to be in the blast area, and both Minsc and Remallia nimbly leap to opposite sides of the fiery burst.

"Now, it is Minsc's time for action! Evil, meet my swords!" the human ranger yells excitedly, hurling himself forward. "Swords, TO EVIL!" One of the other wizards is apparently his target, and that wizard hurls forth a bolt of frost at Minsc's face, but the ranger seems to ignore its effects as blows through impact upon his form. With only five feet between them, Minsc lunges, yelling, "Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

Remallia wastes no times with words, springing to her feet and charging the opposite flank, nimbly dodging a bolt of lightning leveled at her by the other wizard and bringing her long, slender blade to bear. The final wizard, the one in the back, launches a barrage of silvery force bolts, striking all four of the aggressors--but the impacts merely create a slight piercing, stinging pain within the body part struck.
>> No. 77267 edit
Reiyasu engages against the closer wizard to him, meanwhile Sophie provides cover with her illusory spells from the back.

Inside of the storage, Sureiya carefully moves to the wooden box, and inspects it.

Perception: http://orokos.com/roll/314103
>> No. 77268 edit
File 143873175072.jpg - (588.00KB , 1900x1200 , goodwp_com_20129.jpg )
77268
As the group out front engages the wizards, they react with a barrage of shielding and teleportation spells to protect them against the opening onslaught, and the constructs move in front, smashing at the melee combatants with their enormous rocket fists. Sophie's illusions seem to be effective in distracting them, however, at least temporarily.

Minsc has some choice words regarding the tactics of the Cowled Wizards, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge!" And he lunges forward once more with even greater fury, as if working himself into a berserker rage.

Sureiya, on the other hand, is largely ignored by the two constructs standing guard next to the opal-decorated container. His thorough examination of it, however, reveals no obvious mechanical traps, but an ominous glow directly underneath it suggests that some sort of magical alarm might sound should the box be moved.

The half-orc ranger also looks around the room proper, and discovers not a sign of another living soul within. It looks like they'd taken no great steps to set up shop here, and were probably planning on leaving very soon.
>> No. 77269 edit
"It seems dangerous to open the box, well, that's what this blade is for."

The ranger grabs the greenish shortsword again, and poiting against the wooden box, he activates its power to disable the magical trap set on it.

Last edited at 15/08/04(Tue)18:06:58
>> No. 77270 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77270
Remallia just barely manages to duck under the blows of the arcane construct, which seems to have worked itself into a horrific battle frenzy. "Not good--withdraw, withdraw!"

Minsc is flanking one of the constructs with Reiyasu, and has managed to shatter a forearm with his blades while the other human's staff has broken one of its legs--though it still appears to be functional, if just barely. "Yes, yes, fall back! Let us retreat to fight another day!"

At this, Sophie conjures a cloud of mist to cover the escape of the distraction team. Meanwhile, inside, Sureiya stabs forward in the direction of the box, and when the blade nicks the surface below it, it discharges a brief blast of energy and the rune Sureiya spotted below disappears. However, the sound seems to have alerted one of the constructs, which looks in Sureiya's direction suspiciously. It does not, however, move to attack.
>> No. 77271 edit
File 143874363412.jpg - (325.37KB , 576x432 , Lupi-TempleOfDebtsm.jpg )
77271
"Tsk, it won't be a clean escape" the ranger says. Then, keeping the green blade in his off-hand, gives a quick glance to his surroundings, looking for an alternate escape route. Then, Sureiya opens the box and takes the mask.
>> No. 77272 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
77272
Sureiya's sweep of the warehouse reveals only that single window--there is another window to the north, but it appears boarded up. There is also the large set of doors to the east, from which the sounds of battle still resonate.

When the ranger attempts to open the box, he finds that it appears to be sealed rather tightly. He probably could force it open, but that would take extra time and possibly make some noise.
>> No. 77273 edit
The ranger forcibly attempts to open the box, as he would rather confirm the mask is inside, then after a rather brutish slam, the box actually opens.

"Great, got it."

Wasting no more time, the ranger places the mask inside of his bag of holding. Then, he runs toward the window and prepares to jump.

Strenght check (18) http://orokos.com/roll/314235
>> No. 77274 edit
File 143874736365.jpg - (248.93KB , 520x651 , 08-noscale.jpg )
77274
Sureiya climbs to the window and throws a glance to the events outside.
Athetlics (18) Stealth (32) http://orokos.com/roll/314244
>> No. 77275 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77275
Sureiya manages to force the box open with a reasonably display of strength, and finds inside a mask sized to fit a medium-sized humanoid face. The mask is horned and is made of a glossy material that is ebony in color, and possesses a skull-like mien. As the half-orc grabs the mask, he can feel the magic emanating from it--this is a wondrous item of incredible power, but he would need more time to study it in order to utilize the power it contains. Which is time he does not have.

The half-orc successfully and stealthily makes his way back towards the window, and the arcane golem that seemed to notice him before remains fixated on the spot Sureiya vacated. However, his progress in climbing is slow, and he can hear the sounds of battle outside beginning to fade.
>> No. 77276 edit
Trying to make haste, the ranger jumps from the window, trying to land as quietly as possible.
Acrobatics (20) http://orokos.com/roll/314443
>> No. 77277 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
77277
Sureiya manages to jump down out of the window after climbing it--but he lands hard enough to fall forward and scrape his limbs in the process.

Sureiya takes 9 falling damage.

As he begins to pick himself off the ground, still clutching the bag of holding containing the mask, he hears the wizards talking out front.

"They've run..." one says.

"Fool! That could have been a distraction! You two, check inside. You, come with me, we're scouting the perimeter!"

"I think I heard something around this side..."
>> No. 77278 edit
File 143884274020.jpg - (147.87KB , 1024x640 , mgs_nostalgia_by_rue_different.jpg )
77278
Once the ranger hears again the voices of the wizards, he begins a internal struggle.

"Lady Remalia said it was important to bring back the mask... I should get the heck away from here. But, I won't have another chance to teach em' a lesson any soon. I'll need to keep a low profile" Sureiya meditates, trying to convince himself.

Just a few instants later, his expression show a serious resolution. Then, without making much noise, he walks away from the basement to the closest alley or street intersection he can see. He hides from their sight in a corner, and waits until his prey is close enough.


Keep Mage masher in main hand, Farbond in off-hand.
Move without running and conceal yourself from their sight in a corner. Stealth (17, sigh) http://orokos.com/roll/314587
Ready an action: Once a wizard is in range, use Frenzied Skirmish against the valid targets in range.

>> No. 77279 edit
File 143890628192.png - (905.65KB , 1010x797 , crimmorA.png )
77279
"Nothing inside!" comes a voice from inside the warehouse. "Th-the package is gone!"

Sureiya lurks around the corner from the warehouse, waiting for his chance. And it soon comes, as one of the Cowled Wizards approaches quickly from the front.

"Scour the area! Don't let anything else get away! Those imbeciles were just a diversion, the real thief is trying to make their escape!" yells the wizard that sounds as though he is in charge.

"You're right, there's definitely something moving over here..." mutters one of the wizards as it approaches the corner. As soon as the cloaked humanoid enters Sureiya's field of vision, he knows it's now or never.

Initiative
Cowled Wizard 2 (Enemy): 27
Sureiya (Anonkun): 26
Arcane Golem 3 (Enemy): 26
Cowled Sorcerer 1 (Enemy): 24

Players and Allies
Sureiya (Anonkun): (T-4) 86/86, resist 2 all when bloodied

Enemies
Cowled Wizard 1: (L-12) -31 HP
Cowled Wizard 2: (Inside Warehouse)
Cowled Sorcerer 1: (M-6) -18 HP
Cowled Sorcerer 2: (Inside Warehouse) -23 HP
Arcane Golem 1: (K/M-0/2)
Arcane Golem 2: (B/D-12/14) -34 HP
Arcane Golem 3: (H/J-12/14) -115 HP (Bloodied)

Notes
Squares with crates are treated as difficult terrain.
>> No. 77280 edit
Sureiya leaps against the closest wizard, unleashing a stunning double strike against his prey.
Frenzied Skirmish! Move to N-6 (one hit for 18 damage), and the Cowled Wizard is dazed until the end of my next turn. http://orokos.com/roll/314845 http://orokos.com/roll/314846
>> No. 77281 edit
File 14389163428.png - (877.33KB , 1010x797 , crimmorB.png )
77281
Darting out of the shadows, Sureiya unleashes a pair of frenzied attacks against the unsuspecting wizard, though it quickly backpedals out of the path of the slicing blades. Nevertheless, the half-orc manages to strike the sorcerer with the half of the blade, knocking it senseless for a moment.

"There! Put that scum down!" the order-giving Cowled Wizard commands. At his orders, the golems spring to life, and one simply closes the gap with the half-orc while another launches a rocket fist in Sureiya's direction, though the ranger manages to duck under the projectile, which then returns to the golem that fired it.

A moment later, Sureiya hears the doors to the warehouse open again, and the leader of the wizards launches a silvery bolt of force, which homes in on the dodging ranger, striking him unerringly. The other Cowled Wizard exits the warehouse and then, from around the corner, hurls an enormous ball of flame, which ignites Sureiya's magic armor.

The last golem moves forward and launches another rocket fist in Sureiya's direction, and this one strikes him solidly in the face, knocking loose a few teeth in a splatter of half-orc blood that splashes against the ground.

"Don't let him escape!" yells the wizards' leader.

Sureiya uses frenzied skirmish, moving and then hitting the cowled sorcerer 1 once for 18 damage, and it is dazed until the end of Surieya's next turn. This ends the cowled sorcerer's turn.
Arcane golem 2 double-moves.
Arcane golem 1 use panzerfaust but misses Sureiya due to being unable to see him.
Cowled Sorcerer 2 moves and opens the door to the warehouse.
Cowled Wizard 1 moves, then uses magic missile, and Sureiya takes 10 force damage.
Cowled Wizard 2 moves, then uses fireball, hitting Sureiya for 17 fire damage plus ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Arcane golem 3 moves, then crits Sureiya with panzerfaust for 35 damage. Sureiya is blooded and gains 5 temporary hit points.
Sureiya takes ongoing 5 fire damage (reduced to 1).


Initiative
Cowled Wizard 2 (Enemy): 27
Arcane Golem 3 (Enemy): 26
Sureiya (Anonkun): 24+1
Cowled Sorcerer 1 (Enemy): 24
Arcane Golem 2 (Enemy): 24
Arcane Golem 1 (Enemy): 20
Cowled Sorcerer 2 (Enemy): 13
Cowled Wizard 1 (Enemy): 12

Players and Allies
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-6) 25/86 (Bloodied) + 9 THP, resist 4 all when bloodied

Enemies
Cowled Wizard 1: (N-14) -31 HP
Cowled Wizard 2: (G-14)
Cowled Sorcerer 1: (M-6) -36 HP, dazed
Cowled Sorcerer 2: (Inside Warehouse) -23 HP
Arcane Golem 1: (K/M-0/2)
Arcane Golem 2: (K/M-7/9) -34 HP
Arcane Golem 3: (L/M-10/12) -115 HP (Bloodied)

Notes
Squares with crates are treated as difficult terrain.
>> No. 77282 edit
File 143892038225.gif - (1.51MB , 360x270 , monty-python-run-away_4967957_GIFSoupcom_zps66299c.gif )
77282
Ignoring the whole punishment of having so many enemies attention on him, the ranger summons his courage and fiercely slashes the wizard next to him and then increases his distance from his enemies. "This is out of my league, I was hoping for rest to distract these bastards a little longer" he complains.

"Don't forget this day, Cowled Wizards! I'll take you down, when the times come!" he says, as he gets the hell out of there.

Off-hand strike, inevitable strike, furious assault and Attacks on the run! (35, 27 and 27 damage)
Move back 6 squares as part of Attacks on the run. Then double run spending an Action Point.http://orokos.com/roll/314870 http://orokos.com/roll/314874 http://orokos.com/roll/314875


Last edited at 15/08/06(Thu)21:06:23
>> No. 77283 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77283
"Stop him! Stop--" the leader of the Cowled Wizards gathered there spits out just before Sureiya launches into a flurry of vicious slices that staggers the sorcerer nearby, who then collapses in a bloody heap. The Cowled wizards descend into confused yelling as Surieya makes his escape, moving incredibly fast while leaving between the various warehouses and he nearly runs into his father, Remallia, Minsc, and Sophie, who were waiting for him about a hundred feet away.

Sureiya's attacks on the run reduces the Cowled Sorcerer to less than zero hit points.

"You're injured! Are you all right? Did you get the mask?" the eladrin inquires emphatically.
>> No. 77284 edit
"Yeah" he says abruptly says, still tired from running so much. Then he reaches the mask from his bag of holding and handles it to Remalia.

"Son..." Reiyasu says with a worried expression. "Tell me, did you fight them?"

The ranger doesn't replies, which causes an uncomfortable silence. Perhaps trying to lend him a hand, Sophie says, "Maybe they located him during his escape? Our distraction was quite brief."

Last edited at 15/08/06(Thu)22:39:33
>> No. 77285 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77285
Remallia briefly examines the black dragon mask, nods, then says, [green]"We can't stay here. We need to get somewhere safe, quickly. There were only four wizards there, but my information says there may be as many as eight in the city--they may seek reinforcements and pursue us."[green]
>> No. 77286 edit
"Right, let's move on"the ranger nods snd follows the rest.
>> No. 77287 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77287
The group flees to a tavern on the far opposite end of the city, where the hustle and bustle of the large crowd inside allows them to blend in quite well. In fact, you can barely hear each other speak as you sit around a round table near the back end of the establishment, with Minsc celebrating over another round of drinks.

"Well done, well done all around! Evil has good reason to fear you, my friends!" Minsc manages to say between gulps of ale.

Remallia, still declining any drinks, places the dragon mask on the table in front of her and folds her hands atop it. "The Cowled Wizards will not be pleased--nor will the Cult of the Dragon. I would say we both accomplished our goals here, so Minsc and I will be departing for Waterdeep presently." For a moment, she hesitates, then nods to Minsc, who gets up from the table to gather more drinks of the group. She leans forward and says a bit more quietly, "Sureiya. I am still unaware of many of the details of the adventure that has made you a famous name on the Sword Coast, but I am privy to the information I gave you earlier regarding the Draakhorn. We did not get a chance to discuss it much. Before we depart, I wished to get your opinion: what is this threat to the Faerûn? What tyranny is the Cult of the Dragon plotting? Any conclusions you have drawn from the events that transpired is welcome."
>> No. 77288 edit
File 129610171245.png - (84.95KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana3.png )
77288
"We don't know much about it" the ranger answers. "but it's something big."

"We are now waiting Valanor, he's gonna talk with the council of dragons, or something, about this damn horn. So I'd like to have a way to contact you, I'm sure these masks will be important to understand this mess" he says, rather decided.
>> No. 77289 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77289
"I see... worrying that we do not know more about this," Remallia says, rising from her seat. "But again, thank you for your aid. We'll study the mask in Waterdeep and learn as much as we can. Is there any other information I can provide you with?"
>> No. 77290 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
77290
"Actually, there's just one thing. You know, nobody had heard of the Harpers in a while, so it was hard to believe your story the first time" the ranger explains.

"What brought you together again? Who started this, and why?"
>> No. 77291 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
77291
Remallia hesitates, then nods, saying, "...You are trustworthy enough to share this with. We have been reformed under the leadership of Storm Silverhand. She is a former Chosen of Mystra who survived the Spellplague. She is an eladrin who has been a member of the Harpers for nearly five hundred years now. While the Spellplague destroyed most of the Harpers' organizational structure along with her god, it failed to break her spirit, and she leads us from Cormyr."

She pauses, looks to the side for a moment, then adds, "If there's nothing else... all I can say is to look for me in Waterdeep should you wish to be in touch. Any tavernkeep in the city can put you in touch with either myself or my husband, Lord Arthagast Ulbrinter."
>> No. 77292 edit
File 129643998318.png - (89.42KB , 291x478 , kan_waraia123.png )
77292
"Yeah, I'd be sure to visit you once things calm down around here. The Emerald Cabal will some tough days thanks to our little trick here" the ranger says, with a smirk.

"It was a pleasure to work alongside you, lady Remalia. I hope your research on the mask to be successful" Reiyasu adds, doing a respectful bow.

History check: (25) http://orokos.com/roll/315667

Last edited at 15/08/09(Sun)17:39:32
>> No. 77293 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77293
Nodding, the eladrin replies, "Sureiya. Reiyasu, Sophie. It has been a pleasure to work with you." With that, she turns to leave, taking Minsc with her.

History: Storm Silverhand is most notable as an adventuring companion of Elminster of Shadowdale (unquestionably the most well-known wizard in all Faerûn). She is said to be one of the famous "Seven Sisters", seven chosen of Mystra, the greater goddess and Mother of Magic. The seven were also said to be daughters of Mystra, who possessed a mortal host to birth them. Storm took care of Elminster in the years following the Spellplague, who is said to have suffered a period of insanity when the Weave collapsed. Her activities since Elminster's departure are news to you, though she was well-known as an influential Harper throughout the centuries. She has a long and storied history, but suffice it to say she is regarded as a powerful force of good in the realm.
>> No. 77294 edit
"I'll now excuse myself. Mr. Reiyasu, Sureiya, please take care!

Sophie, proud of providing support for an important mission, leaves the pub with a wide smile on her face. Meanwhile, father and son stay around while enjoying some more ale.

"That was certainly stupid, boy. Even all of us would have had a good fight against all of them. What made you fight them?" Reiyasu asks, talking in a worried tone.

"I was powerless before leaving this place, old man. But now, I am not. I wanted to teach those bastards a lesson, but it wasn't one of my best ideas" the ranger carelessly explains, gulping a generous amount of his drink after that.

"But you did. Stealing that mask was certainly a bigger hit for them than just killing some of their bodyguards and one of their leaders. Change will come, son."

The half-orc and his father spend a relaxing evening there, where they exchange several stories of their adventures. Reiyasu is still worried of the harsh nature of his son, but that night, there was no man more proud of their son than that worn adventurer.
>> No. 77295 edit
File 130508734891.jpg - (136.27KB , 491x480 , 11125426_p0.jpg )
77295
Though it's hard to immediately judge the effects of stealing the dragon mask away from the hands of the Cowled Wizards and, indirectly, the Cult of the Dragon, Sureiya is well aware that something big is happening all across Faerûn. For now, he has done his part to see that the greater good is served throughout the duration of these events, but there will be many more challenges ahead. His thoughts turn northward towards Baldur's Gate, Thelkra, and his adventuring companions, and he knows that adventure will soon call once again.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason