[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
game fell out window

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
No. 77847 edit

Reiyasu removes the cult disguise and approaches the enormous dragon-like corpse, Torinn traveling alongside him. They barely manages a few steps in its direction before a low rumble resounds over the top of the spire.

WHO TREADETH NOW UPON MY BONES... AND WAKETH ME FROM SLUMBER SWEET...?

The voice is simultaneously something you hear with your ears and something that resounds within your very soul. It is simultaneously male and female. It carries the weight of both a command and an inquiry. It is not the voice of a mortal creature. Suddenly, the eyes of the petrified entity take on a soft, red glow, and you feel as though you are being watched by it.

It's about this time that a canary lifts off from atop the dragon's head, and flutters downward towards the raised platform in front of the spectacle. It lands upon the center of the platform and chirps briefly.
Expand all images
>> No. 77849 edit
Torinn is rightly intimidated at first. This thing is the biggest creature he's ever seen. When he finds his voice, he uses it to introduce himself. "I am Torinn Tormine. I seek the Fell King, that I may bring him to face justice for his crimes, and I seek the Golden Narwhal, to restore the good name of my clan. I know what you are, but I do not know your name."

Last edited at 15/10/10(Sat)15:31:25
>> No. 77850 edit
>>77847
>>77849
The shaman is startled, but manages to reply after Torinn. "What he means is we're nobodies and very sorry for bothering you."
>> No. 77851 edit
File 144452013889.png - (1.43MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1B.png )
77851
For a moment, there is no answer. Then, suddenly, a circle of runes appears on the platform the canary has suddenly fluttered down towards. The voice sounds again,

APPROACH, MORTALS. WE SHALL HAVE WORDS.

That's not a direct reply to your words. Perhaps it did not hear you?

Trained in Arcana (Passive): Based on the fact that it did not seem to hear or understand you, perhaps you can only commune with it if you are standing on the raised platform.
>> No. 77852 edit
"It must have rather sensitive bones to notice beings of our size treading on them."

Myn moves to the platform in order to have some words, beckoning to the party to follow.
>> No. 77853 edit
Torinn moves up to the platform.
>> No. 77854 edit
>>77852
>>77853
"Should we really not just leave?" the shaman asks apprehensively, but follows the others.
>> No. 77855 edit
File 144453094311.png - (1.41MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1C.png )
77855
The canary seems to have vanished by the time the group ascends the platform. Now you feel as though this entity's gaze is fixed upon you, you have definitely gotten its attention.

CHILDREN OF THE GODS... THOU ART NOT PAWNS OF TIAMAT. WHO ART THOU WHO SEEKETH THE WORLD-SHAPER...?
>> No. 77856 edit
File 144097817295.png - (21.16KB , 208x272 , Caster_nervous.png )
77856
Ramuh proceeds onto the platform.

Last edited at 15/10/11(Sun)08:51:46
>> No. 77857 edit
>>77855
Torinn repeats himself. "I am Torinn Tormine. I seek the Fell King, that I may bring him to face justice for his crimes, and I seek the Golden Narwhal, to restore the good name of my clan. I came here following a representative of my god."

Last edited at 15/10/11(Sun)11:27:06
>> No. 77858 edit
File 144463271226.png - (211.78KB , 352x480 , lee_1947.png )
77858
Reiyasu politely bows, and it probably takes him a few seconds to formulate his answer.

"We have infiltrated here in an attempt to gather information about Tiamat's pawns, in fact. We ought to stop them before it is too late."
>> No. 77859 edit
File 144469798940.png - (1.10MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1D.png )
77859
When Torinn mentions his god, the air suddenly stiffens and becomes oppressive.

THOU HAST FORGOTTEN THE FACE OF THY LORD.

A small sphere of light forms in the mouth of the enormous serpentine corpse, and drifts north and west as it descends. As soon as it reaches ground level, it explodes, and a colossal, shimmering, semitranslucent clone of the dragon-like creature appears. This one, however, is decidedly more animate, and it opens its maw and roars.

REMEMBER, MORTALS, AND FEAR ME!

Even as the spirit looms above you, the body of the creature seems to glow in tandem--it's not moving, but it is suddenly aglow with a dangerous-looking light. You would guess it is no longer safe to traverse upon its body.

OOC: Knowledge for this creatures is arcana or religion.
>> No. 77860 edit
File 144469798940.png - (1.10MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1D.png )
77860
The spirit before you radiates hostile intent. It would seem you have a fight on your hands. You each have your weapons/implements drawn, but those who did not exchange their head slot item are still wearing dragon masks.

Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-23) 76/76 HP, darkspiral aura 1, resist 5 fire
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (M-20) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 52/89 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (Not Present) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (E-19) 83/83
Ramuh (Lili): (O-20) 73/73 HP, resist 10 lightning/thunder
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (F-19) 74/74 HP, resist 3 thunder/fire/cold
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present), allies within 2 have resist 5

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25)

Notes
Knowledge for the Remnant of Asgorath is either arcana or religion.
>> No. 77861 edit
"I was not aware we had a lord."

Arcana:http://orokos.com/roll/333154
>> No. 77862 edit
We really should have left while we could. "Does following a canary always lead to things like this?" the shaman asks Torinn, and then relays what she can tell about Asgorath.

Arcana for Remnant of Asgorath. (31) http://orokos.com/roll/333159

Last edited at 15/10/12(Mon)18:48:28
>> No. 77863 edit
File 144470426625.png - (106.41KB , 256x256 , midgard spirit.png )
77863
Bernkastel (Arcana): This spiritual manifestation is a remnant of Asgorath. When it appears, you feel a strange resonance within you, and somehow you innately understand what it does because of your connection to the spirit realm.

This is merely a remnant of Asgorath--it represents the barest fraction of the power represented by the being that calls itself the World-Shaper. You suspect that it is limited to manifesting as such because of its weakened state; its body still lies broken and dormant on this plane (it is a level 15 solo controller). Though it can only manifest a fragment of its total power, it still retains quite a bit of power from being worshipped as a greater deity by dragons for aeons (Asgorath has the following traits: Divine action means the remnant rolls initiative twice and acts on both initiative counts. Providence means the remnant does not provoke opportunity attacks and cannot be blinded, dazed, deafened, dominated, immobilized, petrified, knocked prone, restrained, slowed, stunned, surprised, or weakened, and it ignores penalties to attack rolls, damage rolls, defenses, and saving throws. Creatures level 21 or higher ignore its providence. Outer Turmoil means any creature that attempts to traverse Asgorath's body while the remnant has 1 or more hit points takes 20 damage for every square it moves). Interestingly, you can sense that it possesses power similar to the Fell King's--and those dead fell dragon corpses on this platform are very familiar (infuse spirit means when the remnant falls below a certain hit point threshold, it will first raise a fellrime dragon and teleport it to a space within 5 squares of the remnant. It will again do this after being bloodied, raising the fellstorm dragon. This requires no action, and as long as the fell dragon has 1 or more hit points, the remnant is immune to all damage. When the fell dragon first drops to 0 or fewer hit points, the remnant takes damage equal to the total damage dealt to that fell dragon. The fell dragon acts on its own initiative count). The fellstorm dragon and fellrime dragon are the exact same monsters you fought in the Fell Keep.

The remnant of Asgorath will constantly barrage you with elemental energy. You must endure lightning strikes (admonishment is its ranged basic at-will attack, which targets 1, 2, or 3 creatures with a vs. Reflex attack that deals lightning damage on a hit), globs of acid (disdain is an at-will area burst 1 within 20 attack vs. Reflex, which hits for acid damage on a hit, and the target takes a -4 penalty to all defenses (save ends). On a miss, the creature takes half damage and only a -2 penalty to all defenses (save ends)), freezing blasts (condescension is an area burst 2 within 20 attack that recharges on a 5/6, dealing cold damage and immobilizing on a hit with its vs Fortitude attack. It creates a zone of difficult terrain, and any creature that enters the zone or begins its turn within takes 10 cold damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn. The zone lasts 1 round), and circles of flame (antipathy is an area burst 1 within 20 attack vs. Reflex, recharges on a 6, dealing fire damage and inflicting vulnerable 10 fire on a hit. In 1 round, the attack is repeated in a burst 3 with the same origin point, but creatures within a burst 1 of the origin are not affected. One round later, the attack is repeated in a burst 5 with the same origin point, but creatures within a burst 3 of the origin are not affected). Finally, when it is wounded, it will unleash an enormous blast of radiant power (as a free action, when bloodied, the remnant uses animadversion, which is a close burst 20 attack that attacks your lowest defense, dealing a large amount of radiant damage on a hit and half damage on a miss).

The remnant is highly resistant to dragon-related elemental damage and sees through invisibility and illusions effortlessly (the remnant is immune to poison and disease, and has resist 10 to fire, lightning, cold, and acid damage. It has truesight 60). It can also re-manifest itself anywhere near its own body with some effort (as a standard action, the remnant can use manifestation to teleport to any space within 20 squares of Asgorath's body. It can hover and has a fly speed of 10).

>> No. 77864 edit
>>77862
"Not normally, no."
>>77859
Torinn scoffs. "If you seek to awe us, then do so with your own power. One who is called the 'World-Shaper' should be confident enough in their own prowess to not rely on minions to fight on the front lines while they themselves remain immune to harm."
diplomacy: http://orokos.com/roll/333187 (24)
>> No. 77865 edit
File 144103302079.png - (21.22KB , 208x272 , Caster_unhappy.png )
77865
"It seems ancient beings know of naught but how to fight..." Ramuh muses, as he lifts his staff on high.

"And once more, we stand to challenge."

As he brings his staff down, so too does lightning strike.

http://orokos.com/roll/333278
>> No. 77866 edit
File 144476749083.png - (1.30MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1E.png )
77866
Lightning descends at Ramuh's command upon the manifestation of Asgorath--to no apparent effect.

TO MY FALLEN CHILDREN, I OFFER LIFE. TO MY DISOBEDIENT CHILDREN, I OFFER DEATH!

Immediately in front of the floating manifestation of the World-Shaper, three spheres of electricity form, and with a peal of thunder, blast forward, striking at Torinn, Ramuh, and Myn. The warlock manages to dodge to the side of the incoming bolt, but Torinn and Ramuh are struck--though the sorcerer's innate resistance dulls the blow.

Ramuh's lightning strike misses the remnant of Asgorath.
The remnant of Asgorath uses admonishment, hitting Torinn for 20 lightning damage and Ramuh for 22 lightning damage (reduced to 12), and missing Myn.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Bernkastel (Voyager): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-23) 76/76 HP, darkspiral aura 1, resist 5 fire, shadow walk
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (M-20) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 69/89 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (Not Present) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (E-19) 83/83
Ramuh (Lili): (O-20) 61/73 HP, resist 10 lightning/thunder
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (F-19) 74/74 HP, resist 3 thunder/fire/cold
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Not Present), allies within 2 have resist 5

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25)

Notes
Knowledge for the Remnant of Asgorath is either arcana or religion.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
>> No. 77867 edit
"Can not we solve this... by talking?"
As Reiyasu hesitates, his magical helmet reacts even without his owner's order, and empowers the shaman's readiness.
No action: Change init with bern (Casque of tactics)

Last edited at 15/10/13(Tue)16:48:37
>> No. 77868 edit
"Could you possibly tell us where you got these dragons? We're looking for someone who used to control them," the shaman asks Asgorath.

Equipped: Goblin Totem Javelin and Chieftain's short Spear.
Move action: to Q-17.
Minor action: Spirit of Athas to Q-19 elevation 1.
Free action: Stow a weapon.
Standard action: Draw and plant the Battle Standard of Healing at R-18.
Free action: Draw the stowed weapon.


Last edited at 15/10/13(Tue)17:19:53
>> No. 77869 edit
File 144478252612.png - (1.30MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1F.png )
77869
The enormous dragon-spirit seems to regard the shaman with indifference as she summons her own spirit and draws forth the battle standard of healing, planting it in the center of the battlefield. It does not immediately reply to her request, and Myn takes action at this point.

The shaman moves and uses spirit of athas. The shaman plants the battle standard of healing, creating a zone in a burst 5 that allows her and her allies to regain 3 hit points whenever any of them in the area spends a healing surge.

Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-23) 76/76 HP, darkspiral aura 1, resist 5 fire, shadow walk
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 69/89 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (Not Present) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (E-19) 83/83
Ramuh (Lili): (O-20) 61/73 HP, resist 10 lightning/thunder
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 74/74 HP, resist 3 thunder/fire/cold
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25)

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
>> No. 77870 edit
>>77869

"I suppose even something this big should die if we hit it enough."

Myn hits it.

Minor action: Curse Remnant.
Move action: Move to S-20.
Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Remnant.
Attack roll:http://orokos.com/roll/333351
Damage roll:http://orokos.com/roll/333353


Last edited at 15/10/13(Tue)18:06:55
>> No. 77871 edit
File 144478887836.png - (1.17MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1G.png )
77871
Myn places his curse upon the apparition before brazenly approaching it. He then unleashes a psychically agonizing attack upon it. Briefly, the spirit wavers, then it calls out,

ARISE, CHILD. INTO THEE I INFUSE MY SPIRIT.

The remnant of Asgorath seems to phase out of view, and a tether of green energy links it to the fell dragon corpse to the northwest, which climbs to its feet, risen. The remnant spares the shaman a glance, and answers her query by openings its mouth and spewing forth an icy projectile in her direction. It impacts the ground between her and the warlock and explodes into a freezing field of cold, and both seem to be briefly frozen in place as the bitter freeze assails their bodies. The freezing field lingers, promising to punish anything foolish enough to enter its grasp.

The newly-risen dragon roars, and freezing winds burst from its body, swirling into a biting, bitter wind which surrounds the fell dragon as it attempts to overpower the shaman's mind--however, "Bernkastel"'s resolve proves too strong for it to affect, so it charges forward and bites through her armor instead. The scale seems to offer no protection against the dragon's teeth, and blood begins to ooze from the wound.

Myn curses the remnant of Asgorath. Myn moves. Myn uses shared agony, hitting the remnant of Asgorath for 45 psychic damage. This triggers infuse spirit, and the remnant of Asgorath becomes immune to all damage, and revives the fellrime dragon but does not teleport it.
The remnant of Asgorath uses condescension, hitting Bernkastel and Myn for 20 cold damage (Bern reduces to 17, Myn reduces to 15) and they are immobilized (save ends).
The fellrime dragon uses rising winds, and freezing winds expands to aura 3. The fellrime uses shadowed mind but misses Bernkastel. The fellrime dragon charges Bernkastel and hits with its bite for 24 damage.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): 19
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 61/76 HP, darkspiral aura 1, resist 5 fire, shadow walk, immobilized (save ends)
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 69/89 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (Not Present) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (E-19) 83/83
Ramuh (Lili): (O-20) 61/73 HP, resist 10 lightning/thunder
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 33/74 HP (Bloodied), resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, immobilized (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -45 HP, cursed, immune to damage
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15)

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn.
>> No. 77872 edit
>>77871
The incoming bite attack knocks an earth archon spirit out of the shaman, which proceeds to charge through the shaman into Reiyasu to infuse and enable a counterattack for each.

Immediate reaction: Vengeance is Mine. I make a BA, and Reiyasu moves 5 squares and makes a MBA against the attacker.
RBA with Bracers of Mental Might: http://orokos.com/roll/333380


Last edited at 15/10/13(Tue)19:18:39
>> No. 77873 edit
Immediate reaction: Life Siphon off of Bernkastel's damage.
>> No. 77874 edit
Vengeance is mine: Move to N-16 and MBA (20 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/333383

Last edited at 15/10/13(Tue)19:30:52
>> No. 77875 edit
With the giant lizard unwilling to listen, Torinn sets out to defeat its risen servant. A direct blow with his sword wards him from further attacks with Bahamut's protection, and he threatens a horrific punishment if it should attack his allies.

Move to O-13
Place Divine Challenge on the dragon
Hit it with Brash Strike and gain +5 to all defenses against its attacks: http://orokos.com/roll/333397 (28, 18)

>> No. 77876 edit
File 144479223695.png - (1.17MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1H.png )
77876
Myn leeches some power from the shaman's pain, and the shaman feebly hurls her spear at the dragon before an earth archon infuses and pulls Reiyasu into position near the fellrime dragon, and the ranger pummels it with his quarterstaff. Almost in tandem, Torinn closes the distance with the dragon and issues Bahamut's challenge upon it before striking its head with his blade--it's only a glancing hit, but it knocks the dragon off-balance, and the wave of necrotic energy that rushes around Torinn fails to weaken him in any way.

The freezing wind forces Reiyasu back a few steps before he can resume his fighting stance.

Myn regains 5 hit points from life siphon and gains a +2 power bonus to one attack roll made before the end of his next turn.
Bernkastel uses vengeance is mine, missing with her ranged basic attack. Reiyasu moves and hits with hits melee basic attack for 20 damage.
Torinn moves and places his divine challenge upon the fellrime dragon. Torinn uses brash strike, hitting the fellrime dragon for 18 damage and gaining a +5 bonus to all defenses against it until his next turn. The fellrime dragon uses its shadowy rebuke but misses Torinn.
Reiyasu begins his turn and gets slid 1 square.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): 19
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 66/76 HP, darkspiral aura 1, resist 5 fire, shadow walk, immobilized (save ends), +2 to one attack roll
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (O-13) 69/89 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (Not Present) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (O-17) 83/83
Ramuh (Lili): (V-14) 61/73 HP, resist 10 lightning/thunder
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 33/74 HP (Bloodied), resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, immobilized (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -45 HP, cursed, immune to damage
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -38 HP, challenged

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn.
>> No. 77877 edit
File 14447971044.png - (246.34KB , 528x480 , lee_2034.png )
77877
"My son did not lie about your adventures, they really are full of needless confrontations!" the middle aged ranger complains. However his protests don't deter him from joining the action. He jumps back next to the cold dragon and makes a circular double swing with his quarterstaff. Not satisfied with his performance, he tries smacking the dragon on the head with a two-handed effort.

Move to N-16.
Twin strike! (12 and 13 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/333414
Sohei's flurry! (16 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/333415
41 damage total.

>> No. 77878 edit
File 144485685459.png - (1.17MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1I.png )
77878
Reiyasu moves back towards the fell dragon, twirling his staff in a way that each end strikes the beast in succession, then grips it tightly with both hands for a heavy blow to the dragon's head. Still, while the blow makes a resounding crack as it connects, the dragon roars in defiance, still full of fight.

Reiyasu moves. Reiyasu uses twin strike, hitting for 12 damage and 13 damage.
Reiyasu uses sohei flurry, hitting for 16 damage.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): 19
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 66/76 HP, darkspiral aura 1, resist 5 fire, shadow walk, immobilized (save ends), +2 to one attack roll
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (O-13) 69/89 HP, resist 5 necrotic
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (Not Present) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (N-16) 83/83
Ramuh (Lili): (V-14) 61/73 HP, resist 10 lightning/thunder
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 33/74 HP (Bloodied), resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, immobilized (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -45 HP, cursed, immune to damage
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -79 HP, challenged

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn.
>> No. 77879 edit
Ramuh blindly charges and slashes at the dragon.

Posting for Ramuh.
Minor action: Promise of Storm. Until EoNT, +2d8 damage to lightning/thunder hits.
- Elemental Echo: Until EoNT, +1 attack and +4 damage rolls to arcane powers.
Standard action: Spark Form. Shift 6+2 squares to O-14 then N-13 (flanking with Reiyasu), entering and exiting the Fellrime Dragon's space and attacking it. (nat 1) http://orokos.com/roll/333832
Minor action: Lightning Cuts vs. Fellrime Dragon's reflex. (27, 25 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/333834


Last edited at 15/10/15(Thu)17:59:34
>> No. 77880 edit
File 144495842567.png - (1.23MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1J.png )
77880
Ramuh briefly dissipates into a speedy collection of sparks, which briefly tries to affect the dragon, but it wholly ignores the genasi. When he reappears, however, a strike from his lightning-infused weapon does affect the dragon, though it still seems resolute in the battle.

Then, Ramuh is engulfed wholly by a flame that Asgorath calls down upon both him and the dragonborn--both are caught in the ring of flame that appears beneath their feet and slowly expands outward, though the sorcerer is much worse for wear. The shaman also feels her own strength being slowly sapped by the freezing cold she is trapped within as she looks on.

Ramuh uses promise of storm. Ramuh uses spark form, moving and missing the fellrime dragon.
Ramuh uses lightning cut, hitting the fellrime dragon for 25 lightning damage.
Remnant of Asgorath uses antipathy, hitting Torinn for 31 fire damage and critting Ramuh for 45 fire damage. Both are vulnerable 10 fire damage (save ends).
Bernkastel takes 10 cold damage (reduced to 7).


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): 19
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 66/76 HP, darkspiral aura 1, resist 5 fire, shadow walk, immobilized (save ends), +2 to one attack roll
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (O-13) 38/89 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends)
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (Not Present) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (N-16) 83/83
Ramuh (Lili): (N-12) 16/73 HP (Bloodied), resist 10 lightning/thunder, promise of storm, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 26/74 HP (Bloodied), resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, immobilized (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -45 HP, cursed, immune to damage
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -104 HP, challenged

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn.
For antipathy, orange is where the area of the follow-up attack will happen. Black is the safe zone.
>> No. 77881 edit
"____," the shaman whispers in Primordial, and taps the earth a few times with one of her spears. Walls of fire burst forth on the battlefield, from which emerge the fire archon spirits. Directed by the taller spirit, the one next to Ramuh infuses itself into Ramuh.

The smaller spirit also appears with a flash of flame, though less flashy than the other spirits, and helps heal the shaman and Ramuh before following the archon into the sorcerer to grant another attack.


Standard action: Vengeful Elementals. Adjacent allies get a +1 power bonus to attacks and a +1d6 to melee damage rolls. Positions:
>One next to Ramuh to be used up this turn,
>O-17 elevation 1,
>P-14 elevation 1, and
>R-20 elevation 1,
Minor action: Vengeful Elementals attack grant, Ramuh's lightning Dragonfrost vs. Fellrime Dragon. +1 power bonus and +1 item bonus to attack. (30 vs. Fort, 43 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/333883
Free action: Sudden Call SC above Ramuh.
Minor action: Healing Spirit for myself (heal 19+2=21 HP). Ramuh as the secondary target (heal 3d6+4=18 HP). http://orokos.com/roll/333884
- Battle Standard of Healing triggers, healing everyone for 3 on top of all this.
- Action Point - Standard action: Spirit Infusion. Ramuh's lightning Dragonfrost vs. Fellrime Dragon. +2 power bonus and +1 item bonus to attack, +6 power bonus to damage. (38 vs. Fort, 51 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/333888
- SC is dismissed.
Save vs. Immobilize. (9) http://orokos.com/roll/333889


Last edited at 15/10/15(Thu)19:57:05
>> No. 77882 edit
File 144496517365.png - (1.24MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1K.png )
77882
The shaman calls forth a spiritual congregation, infusing spirits into Ramuh and calling upon healing spirits to aid herself and the sorcerer both. The Ramuh unleashes a true storm upon the lightning, and large chunks of the dragon's exterior are blown away and it staggers briefly, nearly loosing its balance in the barrage. It seems to be barely holding together, though it gives a pitiful roar at this point.

Bernkastel uses vengeful elementals, conjuring four elementals. Bernkastel infuses one elemental to grant Ramuh an attack, and his dragonfrost hits for 43 lightning damage, bloodying it.
Bernkastel uses sudden call to call back her spirit and uses healing spirit, Ramuh regains 18 hit points and Bernkastel spends a healing surge to regain 21 hit points. Each ally in the battle standard regains 3 hit points.
Bernkastel spends an action point and uses spirit infusion, unsummoning her spirit and Ramuh uses another dragonfrost, hitting for 53 lightning damage. Bernkastel fails her save.
Myn begins his turn and takes 5 cold damage (reduced from 10).


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): 19
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 64/76 HP, darkspiral aura 1, resist 5 fire, shadow walk, immobilized (save ends), +2 to one attack roll
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (O-13) 41/89 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends)
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (Not Present) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (N-16) 83/83
Ramuh (Lili): (N-12) 37/73 HP, resist 10 lightning/thunder, promise of storm, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 50/74 HP, resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, immobilized (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5
Vengeful Elementals (Voyager): (O-17, P-14, R-20, all Elevation 1) adjacent allies get +1 power to attack and deal 1d6 extra with melee damage rolls

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -45 HP, cursed, immune to damage
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -200 HP (Bloodied), challenged

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn.
For antipathy, orange is where the area of the follow-up attack will happen. Black is the safe zone.
>> No. 77883 edit
Myn prepares a large amount of magic for shooting and uses it to moderate effect. He notices a strong curse surrounding the dragon and hopes it helps kill it.

Minor action: Armor of Dark Majesty curse Fellrime Dragon.
Minor action: Use Potion of Clarity.
Free action: Expend two Gloves of Eldritch Admixture charges.
Standard action: Cast Crown of Stars against Fellrime Dragon.

Attack:http://orokos.com/roll/333904
Damage:http://orokos.com/roll/333905

Saving throw:http://orokos.com/roll/333909


Last edited at 15/10/15(Thu)21:18:30
>> No. 77884 edit
Before suffering a fatal wound, Torinn uses his magic armor to heal himself.

Use dwarven armor to heal for surge amount.
>> No. 77885 edit
File 144497373518.png - (1.22MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1L.png )
77885
The warlock draws upon the power of his magic armor to curse a distant foe, and summons a crown of radiant energy to blast the fell dragon with a searing radiance after gulping down his last potion. Surprisingly, the creature still clings to life as the voice of Asgorath booms above you,

THOU SHALT NOT TAKE ME LIGHTLY, MORTALS! SHOW THY TRUE POWER, OR PERISH PITIFULLY!

Suddenly, a burst of acid explodes over Torinn and Ramuh, leaving the both of them temporarily vulnerable. It is only Ramuh's reflexive dragon scales that shimmer briefly in response and the dragonborn's own magic scale armor that keep either from falling when another enormous shard of ice crashes down upon most of the party, rendering them all stuck to the ground and in the middle of a new treacherous zone of ice.

This is too much for even the icy fell dragon though, and it collapses, provoking earth-shaking roar from the colossal dragon spirit.

Myn uses his magic armor to curse the fellrime dragon. Myn imbibes a potion of clarity and expends 2 charges from his gloves of eldritch admixture, and uses crown of stars, hitting the fellrime dragon for 35 radiant damage.
The remnant of Asgorath recharges condescension. Asgorath uses disdain, hitting Torinn and Ramuh for [green]22 acid damage[/b], and both take a -4 penalty to all defenses (save ends).
The remnant of Asgorath spends an action point! The remnant of Asgorath uses condescension, hitting Ramuh, Torinn, Reiyasu, and Bernkastel for 13 cold damage and they are immobilized (save ends). Ramuh's sudden scales turns the hit into a miss. The fellrime dragon is also hit for 3 cold damage and dies (reduced from 13).
Torinn uses his dwarven armor and regains 25 hit points. Torinn takes 10 cold damage from starting his turn in the zone and is slowed until the end of his next turn.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): 19
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 12

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 64/76 HP, darkspiral aura 2, resist 5 fire, immobilized (save ends), crown of stars, slowed
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (O-13) 21/89 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends), -4 to all defenses (save ends), slowed
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (Not Present) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (N-16) 70/83, immobilized (save ends)
Ramuh (Lili): (N-12) 15/73 HP (Bloodied), resist 10 lightning/thunder, promise of storm, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends), -4 to all defenses (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 40/74 HP, resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, immobilized (save ends), slowed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5
Vengeful Elementals (Voyager): (O-17, P-14, R-20, all Elevation 1) adjacent allies get +1 power to attack and deal 1d6 extra with melee damage rolls

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -283 HP, cursed
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -238 HP (Bloodied), challenged, cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn. The zone is difficult terrain.
For antipathy, orange is where the area of the follow-up attack will happen. Black is the safe zone.
>> No. 77886 edit
>>77885
Torinn clings to life long enough to summon his trusty mount. He then invokes the power of his god, to challenge Asgorath, and to bind the creature into obeying his oath.

"Don't take us lightly, you. Fight me, or sit there and do nothing."

Summon Rutger at N/O-14/15
Get on Rutger
Divine Challenge on Asgorath
AP: Activate Symbol of the Champion's Code
Saves: http://orokos.com/roll/334141 (10, 10)

>> No. 77887 edit
Reiyasu delays
>> No. 77888 edit
Ramuh glances at the soon-to-be-an-enemy dragon corpse, and answers Asgorath's taunt by testing out a massive stream of raging lightning on the now-vulnerable remnant. However, this being his first time using the spell (the sudden moment of primordial fury from the shaman's influence doesn't help), it briefly spirals out of control and away from the target before Ramuh focuses all of his will into taking back control and aims it back at Asgorath, this time piercing the enemy spirit.

When Asgorath predictably resurrects the minion dragon, the chain of lightning swerves to pierce it as well, before dissipating from a lack of new targets.

Spent from the first attack, Ramuh feebly flings one last bolt of lightning at the dragon, but the effort doesn't seem to be enough to hit a conscious enemy.


Move action: to O-13, next to the Vengeful Elemental.
Minor action: Calculated Acumen, targeting the Fellstorm Dragon('s corpse, since Ramuh does know it's going to be resurrected). Gaining CA until EoNT against it and learning its vulnerabilities, if any.
- Action Point - Standard action: Furious Bolts vs. Asgorath, expending Guidance of the Past normally. (being rerolled) http://orokos.com/roll/334168
Free action: Profound Flashback to triple reroll Furious Bolts. (33 vs. Ref, 59 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/334170
- Furious Bolts secondary attack vs. Fellstorm Dragon. (26 vs. Ref, 52 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/334172
Standard action: Pinning Bolt vs. Fellstorm Dragon. (nat 1) http://orokos.com/roll/334175

Save for vulnerable 10 fire (17) and -4 to all defenses (5). http://orokos.com/roll/334196


Last edited at 15/10/16(Fri)17:53:06
>> No. 77889 edit
File 144504402521.png - (1.23MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1M.png )
77889
The dragon spirit swings its enormous head towards Torinn as he issues his threats, and even as the paladin climbs atop his mount, he gestures towards the remnant of Asgorath, and the holy symbol he wears amplifies the effect of his sacred challenge.

This seems to distract the remnant of Asgorath long enough for Ramuh to call down another storm of lightning, the genasi's eyes flashing in fury as a barrage of bolts spews from his staff, and with some effort he manages to steer it such that it connects with the ethereal dragon. It roars in anger, but the power of Torinn's holy symbol does not allow it to divert its attention long enough to deliver its devastating signature attack.

The other fell dragon, however, begins to climb to its feet.

ARISE, CHILD. SHOW THESE MORTALS THE POWER OF THE WORLD-SHAPER!

Ramuh quickly attempts to divert another attack upon the rising dragon, and the first fury-infused bolt connects but the follow-up bolt that would've pinned the dragon down goes wide and blasts the ground next to it. Reiyasu's hesitation leaves him feeling slightly weaker, and weighed down by the bitter cold that assails his flesh.

Torinn uses call celestial steed to summon his mount. Torinn mounts Rutger. Torinn uses divine challenge on the remnant of Asgorath.
Torinn spends an action point! Torinn uses his symbol of the champion's code, and divine challenge ends. Torinn saves against his status effects.
Reiyasu delays. He takes 10 cold damage and is slowed until the end of his next turn.
Ramuh uses calculated acumen against the fellstorm dragon, learning it has no vulnerabilities in particular. Ramuh spends an action point! Ramuh uses furious bolts, expending guidance of the past and profound flashbacks to make it hit for 59 lightning damage, bloodying it.
The remnant of Asgorath tries to use animadversion but cannot. The fellstorm dragon revives and stands from prone.
Ramuh uses the secondary attack of furious bolts against the fellstorm dragon, and hits for 52 lightning damage. pinning bolt but misses the fellstorm dragon.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 31-1
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 64/76 HP, darkspiral aura 2, resist 5 fire, immobilized (save ends), crown of stars, slowed
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 21/89 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic, slowed
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (N/O-14/15) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (N-16) 60/83, immobilized (save ends), slowed
Ramuh (Lili): (O-13) 15/73 HP (Bloodied), resist 10 lightning/thunder, promise of storm, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends), -4 to all defenses (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 40/74 HP, resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, immobilized (save ends), slowed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5
Vengeful Elementals (Voyager): (O-17, P-14, R-20, all Elevation 1) adjacent allies get +1 power to attack and deal 1d6 extra with melee damage rolls

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -342 HP (Bloodied), immune to damage
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -342 HP (Bloodied), challenged, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Fellstorm Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -52 HP, granting CA to Ramuh, cursed,

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn. The zone is difficult terrain.
For antipathy, orange is where the area of the follow-up attack will happen. Black is the safe zone.
>> No. 77890 edit
"Reiyasu! Climb on!"
>> No. 77891 edit
Letting Reiyasu take the reins for a moment, Torinn channels his faith and scores a vicious blow against the dragon. In a blur of motion, he lands another attack to hobble the creature, ready to punish it if it attacks again.

As part of Flyby Attack, use MBA (crit for 41 damage) and then use Trip-Up to slow and mark (19 damage)
http://orokos.com/roll/334253
http://orokos.com/roll/334255
http://orokos.com/roll/334259

>> No. 77892 edit
The iron archon spirit appears to help Reiyasu counter the dragon's counterattack.

Immediate interrupt: Interrupting the Wing Buffet hit against Reiyasu with Powerful Warning. Granting MBA with a +1 item bonus to attack.
>> No. 77893 edit
File 14450539107.png - (1.24MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1N.png )
77893
Rutger smashes the ice pinning Reiyasu in place, and the ranger hops on and guides the pegasus close to the fell dragon. As he does so, Torinn stabs the center of the dragon's head with Nightfall, splitting it open and letting the lightning within seep out, and it flinches and stumbles from the force of the blow--clearly off-balance. With a feeble roar, its wings beat heavily, knocking the human ranger off the mount and the half-elf off his feet, but even as Reiyasu falls, the shaman calls an iron archon to assist him in a mid-air attack.

Reiyasu mounts Rutger. Reiyasu uses flyby attack, and Torinn's melee basic attack scores a critical hit for 41 damage. Trip up also hits for 19 damage, and the fellstorm dragon is slowed and marked.
As an immediate reaction, the fellstorm dragon uses wing buffet, hitting Myn and Reiyasu for 12 damage and they fall prone (Bernkastel interrupts this with powerful warning, Reiyasu can make a melee basic attack with a +1 attack bonus). The fellstorm dragon flies 2 squares.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 31-1
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 52/76 HP, darkspiral aura 2, resist 5 fire, immobilized (save ends), crown of stars, slowed, prone
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Mounted) 21/89 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic, slowed
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (T/U-19/20) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (V-18) 48/83, immobilized (save ends), slowed, prone
Ramuh (Lili): (O-13) 15/73 HP (Bloodied), resist 10 lightning/thunder, promise of storm, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends), -4 to all defenses (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 40/74 HP, resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, immobilized (save ends), slowed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5
Vengeful Elementals (Voyager): (O-17, P-14, R-20, all Elevation 1) adjacent allies get +1 power to attack and deal 1d6 extra with melee damage rolls

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -342 HP (Bloodied), cursed, immune to damage
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -238 HP (Bloodied), challenged, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Fellstorm Dragon (Enemy): (X/Y-19/20) -112 HP (Bloodied), granting CA to Ramuh, slowed, marked

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn. The zone is difficult terrain.
For antipathy, orange is where the area of the follow-up attack will happen. Black is the safe zone.
>> No. 77894 edit
File 144511430518.png - (249.26KB , 528x480 , lee_1945.png )
77894
"Absolutely..."
Reiyasu appreciates Torinn's effort to get him out of the cold zone and jumps into the Pegasus. Immediately, he guides them toward the newly resurrected dragon and get them close enough so Torinn can hit it with his sword. Once the paladin strikes, the counter attack of the creature throws him off from the mount, with the shaman's archon allowing him for a feeble counterattack before falling prone.

The ranger, apparently upset, stands up and says, still staring threateningly to the thunder dragon.

"Thou shall hast to excuse my earlier performance, Lord Asgorath. Now I shall taketh this seriously."

Saying this, he performs a familar three hits combo against the Fellstorm dragon, except this time his quarterstaff is irradiating cold energy from its ends, much as the eyes of the person who's holding the weapon. Once the final blow makes the dragon's head explode, he turns his head toward the remnant of the deity and challenges it with a cold stare.

First than nothing, use a free action to reactivate frost weapon.
Then, the MBA: (16 damage) And frostcheese begins http://orokos.com/roll/334329
Then, stand up as a minor action with acrobat boots.
Spend an action point! Lashing leaves against the Fellstorm dragon! (27 and 27 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/334331
Lastly, converting the move action I get from Pathfinder's feature, Off-hand strike! (32 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/334332

Save throw against immobilization (15) http://orokos.com/roll/334515


Last edited at 15/10/17(Sat)13:45:02
>> No. 77895 edit
File 144511631361.png - (1.38MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1O.png )
77895
As the ranger falls off the pegasus due to the force of the dragon's beating wings, it reaches forward with the lengthy quarterstaff and clocks the dragon on the head. Climbing to his feet, he becomes a living burst of energy, slamming the fell dragon at range again and again until it staggers backwards and collapses into a sparking heap of cracked, charcoal-colored rubble.

The feedback from the dragon's demise sends a ripple through the ailing remnant of Asgorath, but it's still in the fight. To emphasize this point, it focuses all of its attention on Torinn--even as the ring of fire expands harmlessly, and blasts the dragonborn with a thick burst of lightning. This proves to be too much for the paladin to withstand, and the Fell King's blade slips from his hand as he falls from the mount and crashes heavily onto the ground besides Rutger.

Reiyasu's melee basic attack as part of powerful warning, hitting for 16 damage.
Reiyasu stands with his acrobats boots. Reiyasu spends an action point!
Reiyasu uses lashing leaves, hitting twice for 27 damage and 27 damage. Reiyasu uses off-hand strike, hitting for 32 damage. The final blow destroys the fellstorm dragon. Reiyasu saves against immobilization.
Antipathy expands, but the attack can't happen because of the holy symbol. The remnant of Asgorath uses admonishment, hitting Torinn for 25 lightning damage. Torinn is dying, falls off his mount landing prone and dropping Nightfall on the ground.


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 31-1
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 57/76 HP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 fire, immobilized (save ends), crown of stars, slowed, prone
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (V-21) -4/89 HP (DYING), resist 5 necrotic, slowed, prone
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (T/U-19/20) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (V-18) 48/83, immobilized (save ends), slowed, prone
Ramuh (Lili): (V-18) 15/73 HP (Bloodied), resist 10 lightning/thunder, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends), -4 to all defenses (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 40/74 HP, resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, immobilized (save ends), slowed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5
Vengeful Elementals (Voyager): (O-17, P-14, R-20, all Elevation 1) adjacent allies get +1 power to attack and deal 1d6 extra with melee damage rolls

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -557 HP (Bloodied), cursed
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -238 HP (Bloodied), challenged, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Fellstorm Dragon (Enemy): (X/Y-19/20) -212 HP (Bloodied), granting CA to Ramuh, slowed, marked DEAD

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn. The zone is difficult terrain.
For antipathy, orange is where the area of the follow-up attack will happen. Black is the safe zone.
>> No. 77896 edit
>>77895
The shaman waits for Myn to stand up before beginning the attack.

Delay a turn.
>> No. 77897 edit
Myn stands up and bamboozles the foe.

Minor action:Stand up.
Minor action: Curse Remnant.
No action: Cloak sustain Crown of Stars.
Attack:http://orokos.com/roll/334564
Clarity reroll:http://orokos.com/roll/334565
Damage:http://orokos.com/roll/334566
Standard action: Ready Eldritch Blast attack against Remnant when curse damage is available again.
Attack:http://orokos.com/roll/334568
Damage:http://orokos.com/roll/334570

Saving throw:http://orokos.com/roll/334585


Last edited at 15/10/17(Sat)16:55:57
>> No. 77898 edit
"Mr. N, a signal when your curse is ready again," calls the shaman while healing Torinn and granting Ramuh a useless attack.

Assumed to have Chieftain's Short Spear and Light Mace of Healing in hand.
Minor action: Inspiring Word for Torinn. (total healing 39) http://orokos.com/roll/334573
- Battle Standard triggers.
Minor action: Vengeful Elementals attack, Ramuh vs. Asgorath. +1 power bonus and +1 item bonus to attack. (20 vs. Fort, 25 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/334571
- Supposed to be a Vengeful Elementals attack, not Direct the Strike like it says in the roll.
Standard action: Ready action to Direct the Strike when Myn's curse is ready again.

Save vs. immobilize. (15) http://orokos.com/roll/334589


Last edited at 15/10/17(Sat)16:58:48
>> No. 77899 edit
Myn signals with his coolest imp-twirling routine.

Attack:http://orokos.com/roll/334579
Damage:http://orokos.com/roll/334581

>> No. 77900 edit
File 144512664883.png - (1.39MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1P.png )
77900
The shaman imparts healing to the fallen paladin, and Torinn gasps as health returns to him. The battle standard emits a soft echo of healing energy that gives a minor boots to the entire party as well. Then the shaman's spirits take action, one infusing Ramuh for a blast of lightning that does not really seem to affect the remnant in any way, and another archon guiding the warlock's eldritch strike to pierce the spirit, this time distorting its image slightly. As the warlock crawls to his feet, his starry crown blasts the primordial spirit with more radiant energy, and Myn blasts again for good measure at the shaman's command. The image seems very weak now--the remnant is quickly losing strength.

An enormous beam of lightning energy strikes at the fallen Torinn twice, but the nearby elemental spirit's shield manages to diffuse the energy enough for the paladin to remain conscious--just barely.

Bernkastel takes 7 cold damage and is slowed until the end of her next turn (reduced from 10).
Myn stands from prone and curses the remnant of Asgorath. Using his sustaining cloak he sustains crown of stars, and the attack hits for 18 radiant damage, using a clarity potion reroll.
Myn readies an eldritch blast, and on Bernkastel's turn uses it, hitting for 30 damage. Myn is no longer immobilized.
Bernkastel uses inspiring word, allowing Torinn to spend a healing surge to regain 39 hit points. PCs in the battle standard regain 3 hit points.
Bernkastel expends a vengeful elemental, and Ramuh's dragonfrost misses Asgorath.
Bernkastel readies an action.
On Asgorath's turn, Myn's direct the strike fueled eldritch blast hits the remnant for 29 damage.
The remnant of Asgorath uses admonishment, hitting Torinn for 20 lightning damage (reduced to 15) and 24 lightning damage (reduced to 19).


Initiative
Ramuh (Lili): 31
Reiyasu (Anonkun): 31-1
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 29
Bernkastel (Voyager): 23
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 23
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): 22
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 15

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 60/76 HP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 fire, crown of stars, slowed
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (S-19) 8/89 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic, slowed, prone
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (T/U-19/20) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (V-18) 51/83, immobilized (save ends), slowed
Ramuh (Lili): (V-18) 18/73 HP (Bloodied), resist 10 lightning/thunder, vulnerable 10 fire (save ends), -4 to all defenses (save ends)
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 36/74 HP (Bloodied), resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, slowed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5
Vengeful Elementals (Voyager): (O-17, R-20, all Elevation 1) adjacent allies get +1 power to attack and deal 1d6 extra with melee damage rolls

Enemies
Remnant of Asgorath (Enemy): (L/Q-20/25) -634 HP (Bloodied), cursed
Fellrime Dragon (Enemy): (N/O-14/15) -238 HP (Bloodied), challenged, cursed (Myn) DEAD
Fellstorm Dragon (Enemy): (X/Y-19/20) -212 HP (Bloodied), granting CA to Ramuh, slowed, marked DEAD

Notes
The battle standard of healing at R-18 allows each creature within 5 squares to regain 3 hit points whenever any creature in the area spends a healing surge.
The drop off the platform is 30 feet. You may descend safely using the difficult terrain area to the southwest.
Whenever a creature begins its turn in the fellrime dragon's freezing winds aura, the fellrime dragon can slide that creature 1 square.
If you enter the freezing zone created by condescension or begin your turn in there, you take 10 cold damage and are slowed until the end of your next turn. The zone is difficult terrain.
For antipathy, orange is where the area of the follow-up attack will happen. Black is the safe zone.
>> No. 77901 edit
Picking himself up and barely hanging on, Torinn takes up Nighfall again and prepares a stance, then charges with a roar, his blade cutting with streaks of light.

"Fall!"

Stand from prone
Pick up Nightfall
Charge with Ardent Strike + Mocking Smite at Q-20 http://orokos.com/roll/334604 (29, 26)

>> No. 77902 edit
File 144512908975.png - (1.25MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1Q.png )
77902
Torinn climbs to his feet and retrieves his fallen weapon, and grips it tightly, slashing the enormous spirit with the Fell King's blade. The point at which the dragonborn slashes splits apart, and the whole spirit slowly disperses from that point.

Torinn stands from prone and retrieves Nightfall. Torinn charges the remnant of Asgorath, hitting with ardent strike for 22 damage (including mocking smite). This destroys the remnant.

Players and Allies
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-20) 60/76 HP, darkspiral aura 3, resist 5 fire, crown of stars, slowed
Apsaumbas (Myn's Owlbear): (Not Present) 38/38 HP
Book Imp (Myn): (On Myn's Person) Passive Mode
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (Q-20) 8/89 HP (Bloodied), resist 5 necrotic, slowed
Rutger (Torinn's Mount): (T/U-19/20) 44/44 HP, resist 5 all when mounted/10 vs close/area attacks
Reiyasu (Anonkun): (V-18) 51/83, immobilized (save ends), slowed
Ramuh (Lili): (V-18) 18/73 HP (Bloodied), resist 10 lightning/thunder
"Bernkastel" (Voyager): (Q-17) 36/74 HP (Bloodied), resist 3 thunder/fire/cold, slowed
Spirit Companion (Voyager): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Voyager): (Q-19, Elevation 1), allies within 2 have resist 5
Vengeful Elementals (Voyager): (O-17, R-20, all Elevation 1) adjacent allies get +1 power to attack and deal 1d6 extra with melee damage rolls

Surges Spent
Bernkastel: 1
Torinn: 1
>> No. 77903 edit
File 14361140564.png - (252.30KB , 450x253 , ffxiv2015012621300390_thumb.png )
77903
There is a brief pause, and then the thunderous voice of Asgorath sounds again,

BY THY STRENGTH AND BY DIVINE GIFTS HAST THOU BEEN GRANTED A REPRIEVE. THOU HAST QUESTIONS... SPEAK, THEN, MORTALS, AND I SHALL LISTEN.


You no longer feel the radiating hostile intent from the petrified serpentine monstrosity. There is still tension in the air, and its eyes still glow red, but it no longer seems intent on attacking you.
>> No. 77904 edit
>>77902
>>77903
The shaman calls Ramuh closer for healing, and the smaller spirit appears and widens its influence to heal Torinn and Ramuh. The shaman heals herself as well.

Call SC and CFTSW (9 HP per tick) first heals Torinn to 53 and Ramuh to 45.
Inspiring Word heals the shaman for 19+10+2=31 HP, and also triggers the Battle Standard.

>> No. 77905 edit
"Given what you said earlier, Mister Asgorath, I suppose you don't have an amicable relationship with the cult over yonder?"
>> No. 77906 edit
File 144513188566.png - (1.14MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1R.png )
77906
THE CULT OF THE DRAGON IS INSIGNIFICANT APART FROM THEIR ROLE IN TIAMAT'S RETURN. I HAVE NEITHER QUARREL NOR ALLIANCE WITH THEM.
>> No. 77907 edit
>>77906
"We're still looking for the Fell King, an orc who had dragons just like yours."
>> No. 77908 edit
File 144400695373.jpg - (128.62KB , 1260x600 , ff14-midgardsormr.jpg )
77908
The shaman's question seems to give the entity pause for a moment. Then, it barks a low, droning laugh.

HEH. HEH. HEH. HEH. THE ONE THOU CALL THE FELL KING... HE SOUGHT POWER... HE SOUGHT VENGEANCE.

The eye of the great serpentine monstrosity seems to dim briefly as it pauses, then resumes its intense glow when the voice of the World-Shaper booms again.

THROUGH OUR COMMUNION DID I GRANT HIM AN EXTENDED LIFE. HIS MIND TOUCHED A FRAGMENT OF MINE, AND HE LEARNED MUCH OF POWER. BUT HE ABANDONED HIS VENGEANCE. I SUMMONED HIM HERE. I TOOK BACK WHAT HE NO LONGER NEEDED.

As the primordial god continues to speak, every word seems to press on your soul as if it were trying to crush you to the ground. Even in this state, even with the remnant defeated, its power is not to be trifled with.

I TOOK FROM HIM ALL THAT HE WAS AND SENT THE SHELL THAT REMAINED ON ITS WAY. THE FELL KING NO LONGER EXISTS, NOR DOES THE MORTAL WHO HE ONCE WAS. ALL THAT REMAINS IS A SHAMBLING SHELL.
>> No. 77909 edit
File 144519446874.png - (212.48KB , 334x480 , lee_1875.png )
77909
"From their role in Tiamat's return?" the ranger politely asks, as he now has calmed down.

"Should we assume you support their cause? Would you be pleased with Tiamat's rise?"

Last edited at 15/10/18(Sun)11:54:28
>> No. 77910 edit
File 144441202741.png - (142.85KB , 256x256 , midgardsormr.png )
77910
Though the head is completely immobile, Reiyasu can feel Asgorath's gaze burning through him like a searing wind. However, try as he might, the human finds he cannot so much as flinch with the dragon god's focus upon him.

THE TIME HAS COME FOR DRAGONS TO RISE AND CLAIM THIS REALM. THOSE WHO ARE DEEMED UNWORTHY SHALL PERISH.

Suddenly, the gaze relents, and Reiyasu no longer feels frozen in place, and all of you feel the fierce attention of Asgorath lift. The tension still hangs heavily in the air, however, and it continues,

THE SUN DARKENETH WITH THE DRAAKHORN'S CALL. TEN EYES BURN THROUGH THE DARKNESS, AND FLAME CONSUMETH ALL.

Uneasily, you all begin to feel the primordial's gaze slowly press down upon you once more. It's quite eerie, because the dragon's petrified form is completely immobile and does not so much as twitch--only its eye pulsates with the red glow.

MY PEOPLE HAVE HEARD THE SOUNDING. THIS WORLD SHALL BURN.
>> No. 77911 edit
Biting back a response to the threat, Torinn says, "shell or not, we're bringing him back. We have to find him."
>> No. 77912 edit
File 144081658034.png - (607.82KB , 1024x576 , final_fantasy_xiv___wrath_of_midgardsormr_by_chibi.png )
77912
THOU SEEKETH A SPECTER, A BODY WITHOUT A SOUL, A REMNANT BEST FORGOTTEN. YET THOU SHALT NOT LIVE TO LABOR IN VAIN. THY REPRIEVE IS AT AN END.

The air is again filled with hostile intent, and Asgorath's oppressive gaze presses heavily upon each of you. You feel a wave of malevolent energy reaching a crescendo...

Asgorath readies akh morn.
>> No. 77913 edit
File 14452113746.png - (551.79KB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1S.png )
77913
Suddenly, the malevolent energy disperses, and each of you finds a canary fluttering near you. And before you stands an average-looking human man dressed in a dark green hooded robe. He appears to be elderly, and wears glasses with a silver rim, giving him the look of a sage of some sort. Torinn immediately recognizes him as the man with the canaries from before.

HMPH. TRICKERY IS THY SHIELD. PLATINUM DRAGON, YOU PROTECT THESE FRAIL, IGNOBLE CREATURES...?

The man takes a step forward, and when his foot touches the ground, you can feel the air that once bound you dissipate as well. Asgorath seems to emit a slow, mocking chuckle at this.

HEH. HEH. HEH. FEAR NOT, MORTALS. I SHALL NOT HARM THEE... NINE CHILDREN DID I SIRE, AND ONE INTERCEDES ON THY BEHALF.
>> No. 77914 edit
>>77913
Torinn takes a reverential stance before his god, though he does have a pressing question. "Why did you lead us here?" he asks.
>> No. 77915 edit
File 144522597345.png - (952.26KB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1T.png )
77915
The man with the canaries turns to face Torinn, and gives an almost apologetic look. He doesn't say anything for a few moments, then simply says, "Thou may not understand, but more than my blessing, it is the assistance of Asgorath thou needest at this time. I have already meddled too much in thy affairs." Turning back to Asgorath, he calls out, "Hearken to me, World-Shaper! Honor the covenant!"

SO BE IT, XYMOR... I REMEMBER, AND I CONSENT.

In the petrified serpent's mouth, a shimmering orb of brilliant energy forms, about half the size of Torinn himself. It hovers there briefly, then suddenly shoots towards the platform and explodes, and the entire party is temporarily blinded by the brilliant flash of light and energy that envelops you all.
>> No. 77916 edit
File 144522648478.png - (1.06MB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1U.png )
77916
Slowly, your vision clears, and you stand--unharmed, exactly where you were before. The only notable difference is that the strange sagely man and the canaries are now gone.

HEH. HEH. HEH. MAYHAP THOU THINKEST ME AN OATHBREAKER?

At this point, Asgorath seems more amused than anything else. Looking up towards the serpentine entity, the eyes continue to glow red, but there seems to no longer be any malevolence there.

THOU ART MISTAKEN. IF THOU COMEST TO HARM, IT SHALL NOT BE BY MY HAND.
>> No. 77917 edit
"Say... what did just happen right now?"Reiyasu manages to ask, very confused.
>> No. 77918 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
77918
I DRINK OF THE PLATINUM DRAGON'S BODY, AND THENCE DOTH MINE FIND NEW LIFE. THOU DIDST PROFIT MUCH BY HIS PROTECTION, BUT NO MORE.

The red glow in the eyes of the petrified dragon head begin to dim, and blue and white energy again gathers in the maw of the petrified entity. This time, however, it coalesces into a tiny form--once it stops shimmering, it appears to be Tiny dragon with grayish scales and a tan underbelly. It hovers in the air, flapping its wings, and slowly descends in front of the group.

WITH HIS POWER, GIVEN FREELY, I AGAIN TAKE FORM. IN EXCHANGE... THE PACT BINDS ME TO THEE.
>> No. 77919 edit
File 144523823771.png - (327.51KB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1V.png )
77919
The tiny dragon hovers before you. It's almost absurd to think that this diminutive entity is, in fact, the new physical body of Asgorath the World-Shaper, but it appears to be so.

FEAR NOT. THE PLATINUM DRAGON HATH COMETH TO NO TRUE HARM. I HAVE MERELY TAKEN WHAT REMAINING POWER BOUND HIM TO THIS REALM.
I SHALL ACCOMPANY THEE... I SHALL WATCH... LISTEN... AND WAIT. I SHALL JUDGE THY ACTIONS, AND OFFER MY COUNSEL... IF THOU ART WORTHY.
AND WHEN MY BODY HATH GROWN WHOLE, THE LOYAL AND PENITENT SHALL REJOICE. THE DRAAKHORN'S SOUNDING HERALDETH A BEGINNING... AND AN END.

>> No. 77920 edit
The shaman, being largely confused as to why the dragon-things are doing the things they do, chooses to remain silent and observe the proceedings.
>> No. 77921 edit
File 144289377612.png - (209.88KB , 394x480 , lee_1984.png )
77921
"Until your body has grown whole? That reminds me... Mr. Asgorath. Why is your body laying here, inside of the well?"
>> No. 77922 edit
File 12969527522.png - (14.44KB , 206x168 , sak_dazed.png )
77922
Torinn isn't sure how to take all this and just nods.
>> No. 77923 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
77923
WHEN MY BROKEN FORM WAS THRUST INTO THIS REALM, IT WAS DRAWN HERE. THE WELL OF DRAGONS COMPELS DYING MORTAL DRAGONS TO SEEK IT OUT, AND THUS DID IT COMPEL MY TWISTED REMAINS.


That doesn't sound like the whole story, but it's probably as much as you're going to get for now.
>> No. 77924 edit
File 144112725762.png - (21.33KB , 208x272 , Caster_confident.png )
77924
Ramuh considers all this in silence, then says, "So a God to which I have no affiliation surrendered his might such that the World-Shaper might be at our side to render aid unto us?"
>> No. 77925 edit
File 144529057869.png - (205.71KB , 320x480 , lee_1961.png )
77925
The ranger finds the sorcerer's remark amusing and replies to him.
"It seems that way, Mr. Ramuh. The great Bahamut must have seen something in all of you, something that compelled him to make this gamble."

In response to the mini evil dragon, he adds "That's certainly difficult to picture." Then he changes his expression to a more serious one and says, "We will the most grateful if you could aid us to find the shell of the Fell King, sir. We believe he might have some valuable information for our cause."

Last edited at 15/10/19(Mon)15:13:13
>> No. 77926 edit
File 144529819133.png - (700.22KB , 1010x797 , wellofdragons1W.png )
77926
XYMOR GAMBLES THAT THE MIGHT OF MORTALS MIGHT CONTEST THE STRENGTH OF THE DRAGON GODDESS... AND SUCH AMUSES ME.

The tiny dragon-god flutters in to the middle of the circle of adventurers, and regards the lot of you.

WHY THOU WERE CHOSEN AS REPRESENTATIVE, I KNOWETH NOT, AND SHOULD OTHERS PROVE MORE WORTHY, PERHAPS I SHALL MOVE ON.

Turning towards Reiyasu, he continues,

BUT THOU KNOWEST THE FELL KING, AND THUS I BELIEVE THIS SHALL BE INTERESTING. MARK THIS, HOWEVER. THE FELL KING'S MEMORIES... HIS EXPERIENCES... ALL THAT HE WAS I TOOK. THE SHELL WOULD PROVIDE YOU WITH NOTHING USEFUL.
>> No. 77927 edit
"Can you tell us now where the remains of the Fell King are?"
>> No. 77928 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
77928
I KNOW NOT WHERE THAT REMNANT OF THE FELL KING WANDERED TO. I DO KNOW THAT IT DEPARTED IN THE COMPANY OF A GOBLIN...
>> No. 77929 edit
File 14412931448.png - (21.18KB , 208x272 , Caster_neutral.png )
77929
"Then, can you tell us how we might yet recover all that was the Fell King?"
>> No. 77930 edit
File 144530463160.jpg - (24.51KB , 323x454 , For_what_purpose.jpg )
77930
RECOVER...? THOU WISH THE FELL KING'S MEMORIES AND IDENTITY RETURNED...?

Asgorath's reaction sounds a little incredulous.

SUCH A THING WOULD BE POSSIBLE... IF I SHOULD PERMIT IT. WHEN MY BODY GROWETH STRONGER... BUT THY REQUEST IS A STRANGE ONE.
>> No. 77931 edit
File 144112725762.png - (21.33KB , 208x272 , Caster_confident.png )
77931
"I bear no love for the Fell King, nor his machinations of vengeance. However, he has yet made attempts to make amends for his actions, and I would not see him reduced to a mere shell when he was on the cusp of making amends with his wayward child," Ramuh retorts easily. "If you'll allow me more questions, O World-Shaper... having taken all that is the Fell King, does that mean you can divulge the secrets of his memories?"
>> No. 77932 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
77932
I CAN. THE FELL KING BARGAINED WITH ME... AND PAID THE PRICE AGREED.

The tiny dragon's eyes burn with an unnatural intensity as it stares at Ramuh.

IF THY WISH IS TO BARGAIN AGAIN FOR THE FELL KING'S SELF RETURNED, A PRICE MUST BE PAID. TO KNOWETH HIS MIND, HOWEVER, IS LESS COSTLY. IF THOU HAST QUESTIONS, SPEAK.
>> No. 77933 edit
File 144532969841.png - (211.02KB , 394x480 , lee_2001.png )
77933
"There is something I believe we wanted to learn from Ragrim. The last time he was seen, he was fighting Daragoth. I wonder, would you know what happened to the red dragon after the elemental disaster that happened in the Fell Keep?" he politely asks.

Last edited at 15/10/20(Tue)01:34:25
>> No. 77935 edit
The shaman gets over enough of her confusion to take out her notes and start writing.
>> No. 77936 edit
File 143417115455.png - (34.15KB , 128x128 , prestor.png )
77936
AH... THAT PARTICULAR CHILD IS STRONG. SUCH AN EVENT WOULD HAVE KILLED A LESSER DRAGON.

Asgorath's tone becomes amused here, though it still sounds in both your ears and your mind, both feminine and masculine.

DARAGOTH SURVIVED, BUT WAS HURLED INTO THE ELEMENTAL CHAOS, BARELY CLINGING TO LIFE. WITH DECADES OF PLANNING UNRAVELED, HE SHALL SURELY GO BACK INTO HIDING. IF THOU SEEKEST HIM... FIND HIS CONTACTS. FIND THOSE HE HATH TURNED, AND THEY SHALL LEADETH THOU TO HIM.
>> No. 77937 edit
>>77936
Having gathered up enough confidence to ask a question, the shaman asks something. "I have a question, too. What is the Draakhorn's nature, and its role in the Cult's scheme?"
>> No. 77938 edit
File 144538671075.jpg - (64.91KB , 1024x699 , draakhorn_by_bryansyme-d85ham2.jpg )
77938
THE CULT OF THE DRAGON HATH TWISTED DRAAKHORN'S PURPOSE. WITH IT, THEY CALL CHROMATIC DRAGONS HERE SO THAT THEY MIGHT BARGAIN WITH THEM. CHROMATIC DRAGONS FROM ACROSS FAERȖN HATH BEGUN THE JOURNEY TO THE WELL.

The tiny dragon begins to fly a lazy circle around the group as it continues,

SECURING ALLIANCE WITH MY CHROMATIC KIN WILL NOT BE EASY... BUT THE CULT HAS DIVINE AID.
>> No. 77939 edit
>>77938
"I see. And could you tell us why the Cult chose this place for their base and gathering?"

Last edited at 15/10/20(Tue)17:31:18
>> No. 77940 edit
File 144538787738.png - (492.46KB , 443x798 , dragon cultist.png )
77940
THE CULT OF THE DRAGON HATH MAINTAINED A STRONGHOLD HERE FOR CENTURIES, WEATHERING ASSAULTS FROM ALL FOES. IN THE PAST, DRAGONS NEARING THE END OF THEIR LIFE WOULD JOURNEY HERE TO BARGAIN WITH THE CULT, AND BE TRANSFORMED INTO DRACOLICHES.

At the mention of dracoliches, you feel a wave of disgust emanate from the World-Shaper. It would seem it's not a fan of that topic.

FOR THE PRESENT, THE STRONG SPIRITUAL CONNECTION THE WELL HATH WITH DRAGONS MAKES IT IDEAL FOR SUMMONING TIAMAT.
>> No. 77941 edit
>>77940
The shaman nods and scribbles into her notes some more, and then looks back up. "What kind of help did Mr. Bahamut intend for you to give us?"
>> No. 77942 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
77942
THE PACT BINDS ME TO THEE, AND COMPELS ME TO PROVIDE COUNSEL... MAYHAP EVEN AID... AT MY DISCRETION. WE SHALL SEE IF THOU PROVEST WORTHY.
>> No. 77943 edit
>>77942
"But what was Mr. Bahamut's intent, specifically? There must be something he believed only you can do," the shaman insists, wanting a more specific answer.

Last edited at 15/10/20(Tue)18:24:57
>> No. 77944 edit
File 144539113174.png - (33.23KB , 128x128 , the man with the canaries.png )
77944
I CAN ACT WHERE HE CANNOT. HE COULD NOT MAINTAIN FORM IN THIS REALM FOR EXTENDED PERIODS.

The tiny dragon stares at the shaman directly now, with narrowed eyes.

WHAT BOONS I GRANT TO THEE, IF ANY, ARE AT MY DISCRETION. XYMOR BELIEVES THAT BINDING TO THEE WILL AID THE MORTAL CAUSE IN TIAMAT'S RISE. WE SHALL SEE.
>> No. 77945 edit
File 144097817295.png - (21.16KB , 208x272 , Caster_nervous.png )
77945
"A place that attracts dragons waiting to ascend into lichdom, and a fine place to summon Tiamat Herself?" Ramuh drawls, though more to himself than anyone. "We've wandered into a veritable den of malice."

Raising his voice, he addresses Asgorie. "Then, if you shall be our companion as yet, might I trust we shall have opportunities for lengthy discourse later on? I do not mean to rush us," he continues to the entire group, "yet I do believe we are as yet guests in a hostile locale. It may be prudent to limit ourselves to the most relevant questions right now, such as the location the Fell King has stumbled off to with the goblin?"

He distinctly recalls they wanted to recover the Fell King, though he's not sure that they want to bring back a shambling mirage of what used to be the Fell King.

Maybe focus on looting the Cult's hoards and freeing the prisoners so someone can provide more information. Ramuh's not sold on the World-Shaper being the right person to counsel the Counsel.

>> No. 77947 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
77947
Of course. We shall have much to discuss, I am certain... as for that other matter, I did not keep track of the Fell King's body as it wandered off...

>> No. 77948 edit
File 144227919814.png - (216.19KB , 394x480 , lee_2007.png )
77948
"Well, with this, it seems like our mission is over. Should we then attempt to teleport back to Mithral Hall? Or should we look for further clues?" he says, directing his attention to the adventurers.
>> No. 77949 edit
>>77948
"We were going to raid the prisons and escape from there, right?" the shaman replies.
>> No. 77950 edit
"And the treasury, I believe."
>> No. 77951 edit
>>77950
"That's in the other direction," reminds the shaman. "We would likely have to choose one or the other to raid."

Last edited at 15/10/20(Tue)23:46:57
>> No. 77952 edit
>>77951

"I suppose there's always after the cult is destroyed."

Myn shrugs.
>> No. 77953 edit
File 14412931448.png - (21.18KB , 208x272 , Caster_neutral.png )
77953
"I would prefer prisoners over loot, though I am to understand our paladin of Bahamut wishes to recover a lost treasure."

After a brief pause, he adds, "I also recall we were promised some wealth for returning the treasure, though of course the lives of the prisoners weigh far heavier─especially if they can provide intel."
>> No. 77954 edit
File 14454846002.png - (208.46KB , 334x480 , lee_1945.png )
77954
"I see, well then I better prepare myself in these awful looking robes" he says as he disguises himself again as a cultist.
>> No. 77955 edit
As Rutger is not very stealthy, Torinn reluctantly dismisses him.
>> No. 77956 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77956
As you begin to walk off, the tiny dragon silently fades from sight, seeming to phase into the air itself. However, you can still very much feel his presence near you, even as you move further away from where you saw him last.

The descent is long and somewhat treacherous as before, though you notice that the pieces of Asgorath's greater body that you walk upon seem to be more "hollow" than before, and crumble slightly as your footprints sink into its scales.

My old body's decay has begun... in days there shall be naught left but memories...


It would seem that despite being out of sight, Asgorath is still with you. Once you reach the bottom of the spire, you still see the caldera as empty as before. However, as you begin to get your bearings, a group of cultists emerges from lava tube entrance worked into the side of the spire in the southeast portion of the caldera--at the base level of the spire, just across from your point of view, in the direction that the dwarf instructed you to head before. It would appear to be led by a wearer of purple, and four other humanoids, with two drakes at their side. They are still hundreds of feet away from you at your current position, so you cannot make out the particulars at this distance, but they seem to be moving towards you at a normal marching pace.
>> No. 77957 edit
File 144555980728.png - (212.00KB , 352x480 , lee_1954.png )
77957
"They might be looking for us" the ranger says, a little worried. "Mr Myn, do you believe it is possible to keep them fooled?"

Perception: 20. Insight: 31 http://orokos.com/roll/336412

Last edited at 15/10/22(Thu)17:23:54
>> No. 77958 edit
>>77957

"I can try, but the dwarf at the entrance instructed us to stay away from this area, so we may be too suspicious. Hiding or ambushing them may be better options."

Myn looks up at the crumbly snake thing.

"In the latter case, if we're lucky, they might attribute the missing cultists to Mister Asgorath rather than a group of intruders."
>> No. 77959 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77959
Reiyasu: (Check Results) You don't see anything additional about the approaching cultists, but the sense you get from them is that they have definitely seen you, but are not moving towards you in a hostile manner, or even a suspicious one. They have taken note of you, but their approach is a normal, leveled one thus far. That's as much as you can tell from this far out.
>> No. 77960 edit
File 144556134250.png - (223.52KB , 396x480 , lee_1953.png )
77960
"Well, I think it's worth the gamble, Mr Myn. I am certain they have noticed us, but they do not seem agitated at all. I do not think they suspect us just yet" he explains, having his grin obscured by the ugly cultist mask.
>> No. 77961 edit
>>77958
>>77960
"I don't think they saw us come out of the spire, so we should be able to pretend we're just passing by, as long as we keep walking. We can move to the lava tube we came from for now to avoid close scrutiny," quietly suggests the shaman.

Last edited at 15/10/22(Thu)22:51:36
>> No. 77962 edit
>>77961
"Certainly. That might be safer," Reiyasu nods in agreement.
>> No. 77963 edit
File 144563183540.png - (431.23KB , 555x610 , basic map.png )
77963
OOC: Squares here are 20 feet squares. Yellow line marks the gilded door. Big star-shaped thing in the middle is the spire, note that elevations are not universal. The southwest tunnel goes directly into the side of the spire, but doesn't egress on the interior, it egresses on the exterior.
>> No. 77964 edit
>>77963
While walking around the spire, the shaman has another idea, and a whispered question for Asgorath. "Lord Asgorath, could you tell us which tube goes to the prisons? Is it that one?" The shaman points at the northeastern lava tube.
>> No. 77965 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
77965
The prisoners are held somewhere to the south and east.


The World-Shaper's rely is terse, as if offended it's being asked such a tedious question.
>> No. 77966 edit
With the path then decided, though without much certainty, the group moves around the spire, slowly circling clockwise. As you do so, you pass by the other lava tube entrance to the northeast that juts up out of the ground, appearing to lead down underground rather than leading into a cavern wall. By the time you reach the south side of the spire, the other cultists have moved up out of sight, presumably into the lava tube to the northwest. The caldera is again devoid of creatures other than yourselves.
>> No. 77967 edit
"Let's try heading to the cultist's quarters before we gather more attention than required" Reiyasu suggests, glad that luck remains on their side.

Last edited at 15/10/25(Sun)14:24:30
>> No. 77968 edit
The shaman listens for hints to where the cultists really went.

Perception to try and hear where the group of purple went/is going. (33) http://orokos.com/roll/337010

Last edited at 15/10/25(Sun)14:28:53
>> No. 77969 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77969
The shaman sees no sign of the cultists in the current area, though if they had gone anywhere other than one of the northern lava tubes, she imagines she should be able to still hear or see them. Either that or they are simply too far away, or for some reason turned back and went into the southern tube. They don't seem to be nearby unless they are exceptionally well hidden.
>> No. 77970 edit
"If the group we saw also chose to circle the spire, they could be upon us relatively quickly. Let us proceed into the tube."
>> No. 77971 edit
File 144584696792.png - (133.17KB , 499x533 , ms paint masterpiece.png )
77971
The group heads into the southern lava tube, and find that it descends at an angle downward. The group has to travel nearly three hundred feet on foot before coming to the first intersection. The dwarf instructed you to go to the third room on your right, but you immediately notice two things: first, the path to the west is blocked by a well-made door. The past to the east is open, and leads down an 80-foot long passage before opening into a larger circular chamber. There's also a branching path to the north about sixty feet in.

Inside the larger, circular chamber you see a half-dozen humanoids dressed in rags and tatters, with their hands bound. They look roughly treated, and though their legs are not bound, they don't look like they're in very good shape to travel or make any kind of escape attempt on their own. They look tired, hungry, and beaten. Four appear to be human, three males and a female, and there is what seems to be a half-elf female and a dwarf male.

There don't seem to be any cultists or drakes in the immediate area.

>> No. 77972 edit
Myn sends his imp to invisibly scout the northern passage.
>> No. 77973 edit
File 131494295867.png - (33.73KB , 128x128 , Book Imp.png )
77973
After a moment, the imp reports back that to the north and east there is another cavern much like the one you can see, housing eight additional prisoners. Seven humans, four females and three males, and one moon elf male.
>> No. 77974 edit
File 144587783734.png - (212.25KB , 352x480 , lee_1959.png )
77974
"We have received Tymora's blessing once again" the ranger mutters with a wide smile.
"Now, how will we make use of it? Should we try to move to a less busy location to perform the ritual?"

Last edited at 15/10/26(Mon)12:33:50
>> No. 77975 edit
>>77974
"If you can find one, that would be best."
>> No. 77976 edit
>>77974
>>77975
"We should try to locate all prisoners. Maybe we can ask one of them about this place?"
>> No. 77977 edit
>>77976

"We may as well question this group while we're here. If there aren't any other prisoners, we can move them to the northern room and exit with both groups via portal."
>> No. 77978 edit
File 144262575991.png - (21.25KB , 208x272 , Caster_blush.png )
77978
"Nothing to report from the imp, then?"
>> No. 77979 edit
Before the party enters, the shaman looks for traps.

Perception to detect suspicious stuff in the prisoner room (traps?), and Arcana to find things like magic wards). Perception 16, Arcana 34. http://orokos.com/roll/337405
>> No. 77980 edit
>>77978

"Nothing aside from the second group of prisoners in the northern room, it seems."
>> No. 77981 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77981
Bernkastel: The shaman doesn't spot or sense anything suspicious. She is at least reasonably certain that this area is clear of any wards or alarms.
>> No. 77982 edit
Meanwhile, Reiyasu also looks around.
Perception: 29 http://orokos.com/roll/337406
>> No. 77983 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77983
Reiyasu: Reiyasu does not find anything that appears suspicious. It's rather quiet here as well.
>> No. 77984 edit
File 14459335264.png - (212.45KB , 352x480 , lee_1973.png )
77984
"Well, it seems we are on the free" the ranger says, after his own inspection.
"If you do not mind, I will try approaching one of the captives" he says, as he moves next to one of the male human.

"Excuse me, good sir. We are looking to help you. You see, we are not regulars here" he explains, briefly revealing his face. "Do you mind if we ask you a few questions?"
>> No. 77985 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
77985
The man regards Reiyasu with a weary expression, and does not reply. The other captives move away from Reiyasu as he enters the cavern, clearly frightened of the heavily-armed man wearing cultist robes and a dragon mask.
>> No. 77986 edit
"I'm sure an orc's face would be scarier than most of the regulars, rather."

Myn approaches the prisoner group as well.


"To be clear, we were sent in order to investigate the cult. The disguises are merely here to aid in our infiltration. Aside from yourselves and the group in the next room, do you know of any other prisoners being held here?"

Diplomacy:http://orokos.com/roll/337575
>> No. 77987 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
77987
The prisoners look at each other, and the human man being addressed shrugs before turning back to Myn and Reiyasu. "I suppose our captors have little reason to resort to tricking us at this juncture. If it were time for the sacrifice, they'd do it directly. Who sent you?"

One of the other prisoners, the half-elf female, chimes in, "There's one more room where they keep prisoners, just a little ways further down the hall."
>> No. 77988 edit
"We're from Waterdeep, and the plan is to teleport all the prisoners there, or maybe Mithral Hall, but only one or the other," the shaman explains, while she checks if she can use Linked Portal around here.
>> No. 77989 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
77989
The man's eyes go wide, and all the prisoners in this chamber (the far east one) look significantly more interested than before. "Y-you can really do that...?"

The shaman senses no obvious magics preventing her from using the Linked Portal ritual here.
>> No. 77990 edit
>>77989
"I do think the ritual will work here, yes, though it takes ten minutes," affirms the shaman, nodding. She then turns to the party. "We still need to get all the prisoners in one place."

The shaman also checks for spies.

Insight for anything suspicious in prisoner reactions (32) http://orokos.com/roll/337587

Last edited at 15/10/27(Tue)14:39:42
>> No. 77991 edit
"We might, yes. But we require your cooperation. Remaining calm and quiet will be vital" Reiyasu announces, trying to read the atmosphere.

Insight: (23) http://orokos.com/roll/337586

Last edited at 15/10/27(Tue)14:40:08
>> No. 77992 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
77992
Insight: Both can tell that the prisoners in this chamber are rattled and slightly apprehensive, but none seem to be attempting to deceive you. Rather, they seem eager to be freed.

"They've killed... sacrificed so many to those horrible dragons already. Just, please, get us out...!" the human man begs in a tired, desperate voice.
>> No. 77993 edit
File 144599143245.png - (126.82KB , 311x416 , mik16.png )
77993
"We would not have ventured here with this plan had we not thought it possible!" Ramuh declares. "Should we venture towards the rest of the prisoners altogether, or will we bring them here?"
>> No. 77994 edit
File 144532969841.png - (211.02KB , 394x480 , lee_2001.png )
77994
>>77993
"Each plan has a different risk" Reiyasu ponders.

"If we attempt to bring the rest of the prisoners, lady Bernkastel could begin to cast the ritual. On the other hand, if we are able to move together, we will gather all of the prisoners faster."

Reiyasu directs his attention to the half-elf. "Would you have an idea of how many prisoners remain cautive in the other room?"
>> No. 77995 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
77995
The half-elf shakes her head. "No... they bring in new ones... periodically..."
>> No. 77996 edit
>>77993
>>77994
"I believe bringing the other prisoners here is better, after clearing the path along the way by trickery or fighting... We can't just take noncombatants into the unknown. Once everyone is in one place, we can hide in the room or lock ourselves in and escape from there. Perhaps caving in the entrance will work, in the worst case?"

Last edited at 15/10/27(Tue)21:14:19
>> No. 77997 edit
"Caving in? Hopefully we will not require such a extreme measure" the ranger says.

"Should we go and look for the rest of the prisoners, then?"
>> No. 77998 edit
"I believe our cover may be easier to maintain if we first extract these prisoners, and then move on to the unconfirmed group, although that would require two rituals. In the best case, the latter group will be in or near a location suitable for a portal, and the cultists becoming alerted is less likely if we need not trail the prisoners through the tunnel back here."
>> No. 77999 edit
File 144097817295.png - (21.16KB , 208x272 , Caster_nervous.png )
77999
"Better to send them all in one go," Ramuh opines. "I hesitate to believe we've the luxury of casting ritual magic twice."
>> No. 78000 edit
>>77999
"We probably won't, no."
>> No. 78001 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
78001
With a decision reached, the entire party begins to move out, but the prisoners beg you not to leave them here. "They'll come back and kill us for sure...!" "We can't live like this anymore! Help us, please!" "I knew it was too good to be true... you're not coming back, are you...?"
>> No. 78002 edit
>>78001

Myn charms the prisoners with his dashing masked demeanor.

"There is no need to worry. We will make every effort to ensure that all of you are brought out of here alive."

Bluff:http://orokos.com/roll/338014
>> No. 78003 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78003
The prisoners seem hesitant, but seem to calm down significantly with Myn's assurances.

As the party moves down the hallway past their current location, it's about 150 feet further down the tunnel when it opens up into two other sections, spaced about twenty feet apart. The one that heads to the west appears to be an empty tunnel-way that opens into a branching path to the south but also continues into a slow curve to the south further west down the tunnel. To the east is another room filled with prisoners--there are five, three human men, a dwarf woman, and a dragonborn male with tan scales.
>> No. 78004 edit
File 144107911315.png - (215.92KB , 394x480 , lee_1993.png )
78004
Making sure no guards are nearby, Reiyasu approaches the newly found prisoners.

"Greetings. We come from Waterdeep and we have infiltrated this place as part of our secret mission. I have a question for you, is the cult holding prisoners somewhere else?"

Diplomacy for them believing me: 21. Insight for reactions: 32 http://orokos.com/roll/338159

Last edited at 15/10/29(Thu)15:18:26
>> No. 78005 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
78005
The prisoners look at each other uneasily when Sureiya approaches them. The ranger can sense that they might not quite buy his story, but the dwarf female replies anyway, "Tae tha north, there's summore. Thas all ah know aboot." Reiyasu believes this to be a truthful reply.
>> No. 78006 edit
File 144556134250.png - (223.52KB , 396x480 , lee_1953.png )
78006
"Certainly, we found a few captives there. However, we are trying to find as many other prisoners we can. Are you certain there are only these two prisons?" Reiyasu inquires.
Diplomacy aid another (someone go and smooth things please) : 23 http://orokos.com/roll/338268
>> No. 78007 edit
>>78005

"There is no cause for concern, I assure you. We intend to help you and the other prisoners escape through a ritual portal. If you have any other useful information, we'd appreciate hearing it."

Myn turns to the rest of the party.

"I wouldn't be surprised if we came across a patrol if we tried to backtrack with this group. Should we not simply cast the ritual twice after all?"

Diplomacy:http://orokos.com/roll/338273
>> No. 78008 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
78008
The captives seem a little more convinced now--and a little more desperate. "If a patrol comes by, they're just as likely to peek in here as they are anywhere else! Let's just get out of here, fast!"

As a whole, all the humanoids seem to be snapped out of their prior state of listlessness, and now look attentively at the party.
>> No. 78009 edit
>>78007
"It would take far, far longer to cast the ritual than to move the prisoners... In fact, I think we don't have time to discuss. I'll go on ahead and start the ritual, with the Enshrouding Candle ready for an emergency. In the meantime, please move the prisoners from the other rooms into mine."

The shaman looks out into the hallway and watches and listens for a patrol, and if she doesn't find any, walks into the first room the party visited.

Perception to watch/listen for patrol. (26) http://orokos.com/roll/338553

Last edited at 15/10/30(Fri)16:01:14
>> No. 78010 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78010
The shaman encounters and hears no patrols while moving through the tunnel. She moves out of sight from the main hall and, as the prisoners watch her hopefully, begins to cast the ritual.

The prisoners in the southern room look at the rest of the party expectantly.
>> No. 78011 edit
"Well, our ritual caster is gone" Reiyasu says while looking at Myn.

"Let's make haste, then. We are already well disguised, so it would help if you pretend we are cultists" he continues.

"Can everyone walk by themselves?"
>> No. 78012 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
78012
The prisoners begin to climb to their feet, looking rather energized by the prospect of freedom. One by one they confirm that they can, in fact, walk under their own power. They move to follow the other party members back north, towards where the shaman went.
>> No. 78013 edit
Myn shrugs and moves to escort the prisoners, and then to the unvisited prison room if the transportation is without incident.
>> No. 78014 edit
Before heading out, the ranger checks for incoming cultists.
Perception: 24 http://orokos.com/roll/338651
>> No. 78015 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78015
The party sans the shaman escorts the prisoners north, and surprisingly does not encounter any patrols along the way. Reiyasu thinks he hears a faint reptilian snarling sound coming from the doorless passage to the west as you go by it on your way back, but nothing seems to come out to pursue you, and you make your way to far eastern room with the prisoners. They seem relieved at your return, and the prisoners from the other group join them.

There's still the group in the north room that you haven't gathered together yet.
>> No. 78016 edit
>>78015
Seeing the party come back, the shaman looks up to address the others. "Could we have someone keep watch for anyone coming in this direction?"
>> No. 78017 edit
Reiyasu volunteers, and remains on guard on their weak spot. "Would you bring the rest?"
Perception: 23 http://orokos.com/roll/338682
>> No. 78018 edit
>>78015

"I'll gather the remainder while the ritual is being performed."

Myn moves into the northern room.
>> No. 78019 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
78019
Myn enters the northern room in the cultist disguise, and sees that it as the imp reported: seven humans, four female and three male, and one moon elf male. All of the prisoners you have seen thus far appear to be healthy and still young and strong, though worn down and weary. It would seem the cult doesn't have much use for prisoners who might not survive the journey to the Well.

They regard Myn with tired suspicion, though it would seem two of the humans are unconscious, perhaps sleeping.
>> No. 78020 edit
>>78019

"Good afternoon. While I may be disguised as one of the cultists, I'm actually a part of a delegation sent to free the prisoners held here, amongst other things. If you cooperate, we should be able to help you escape safely."

Myn points at the unconscious pair.

"Are those two okay? I should hope they're only sleeping."

Diplomacy:http://orokos.com/roll/338740
>> No. 78021 edit
File 144112725762.png - (21.33KB , 208x272 , Caster_confident.png )
78021
Ramuh decides casters should stick together and accompanies Myn.
>> No. 78022 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78022
The prisoners seem a little hesitant at the approach of the sinister-looking half-elf, but several move to awaken the unconscious prisoners. They do appear to have only been sleeping, as they rouse fairly easily. "Escape...? What do you mean by cooperation?" one of the human females asks, sounding a bit suspicious.
>> No. 78023 edit
>>78022

"You need only accompany me and not make any noise. We are preparing a teleportation ritual in the next holding room for your extraction."

Myn frees the prisoners and gestures for them to follow.
>> No. 78024 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78024
The prisoners seem nervous, but the idea of only following Myn as far as the next cavern room seems safe enough for them to trust. Their eyes go wide as they look at all the other prisoners gathered there, and the shaman continuing to cast the ritual.

Even as the group stands guard over the tunnels, conveniently enough, no patrols come to this section of the Well during the entire casting of the ritual. It is nearly complete.
>> No. 78025 edit
"Given that we have yet to be detected, it may not be necessary for us to leave alongside the prisoners. Should we also investigate the treasury after all? It should be safe to create another portal for our escape at the spire, even if we are detected."

Myn yearns for immediate financial compensation after the trauma of the duke's underpayments.
>> No. 78026 edit
"Is not that a little too greedy?" Reiyasu questions. "I wonder, would we be able to reach the spire if we are found out? I certainly can't see that happening very easily."
>> No. 78027 edit
>>78025
>>78026
The shaman agrees. "The portal ritual is going smoothly enough to consider it. I was thinking about bribing the lone guard into cooperating, since fighting in plain sight can't be good for us. If we can't convince the guard to let us inside, then since Mr. Tormine is just after this... Golden Narwhal, maybe we can convince the guard to simply let us purchase it, at a premium to both the guard and the vault?"

The shaman is leaving the address field for the end of the ritual.
>> No. 78028 edit
Reiyasu turns to the shaman with interest and asks her "Bribing the guard? That could work as long we have something to use against him. Were you perhaps thinking about bribing him with treasure?"
>> No. 78029 edit
>>78028
"We do have some money of our own, right? Speaking of which," the shaman turns to the prisoners after seemingly hearing something inaudible. "We'll give you a couple gold pieces each to cover your immediate survival, but we ask that you cooperate with those working against the cult. Please look for the Harpers, and tell them Mr. Valanor's group sent you. If you help us, we'll give you some more coins, even if I have to pay you myself when we come back."

The shaman turns back to the party. "Please give them some gold. I can pay you back after I finish casting."
>> No. 78030 edit
>>78029

"I'm sure that if the prisoners tell any guards they happen across of their circumstances they will be fine. It would be terrible if we should come a few coins short of a proper bribe."

Despite his overflowing good nature, Myn recalls his hatred of unnecessary charity.
>> No. 78031 edit
>>78030
"I have a feeling 38 coins would hardly make a difference. Besides, it's my money, anyway," retorts the shaman.
>> No. 78032 edit
Reiyasu grins at Myn's unsavory display of greed and gives each prisoner 2 gold coins.
>> No. 78033 edit
File 144351080681.png - (70.41KB , 199x1595 , Linked Portal.png )
78033
- If we vote to stay, the Linked Portal goes to Waterdeep, and after the prisoners jump in and the ritual ends, the shaman will rewrite the circle's address to read Mithral Hall.
- If we vote to leave with the prisoners, the Linked Portal goes to Mithral Hall, and we can teleport to Waterdeep from there.
- Using Speak with Spirits for the ritual casting arcana roll. This allows for a 3-round duration at a minimum.


"Once the portal opens, please enter quickly. It won't last too long."

Soon, the shaman finally finishes the ritual, and when her taller spirit companion appears and infuses the magic circle, it displays a hazy view of the destination.

Last edited at 15/11/01(Sun)17:29:26
>> No. 78034 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78034
The shaman's promise of gold seems to have some effect on the attitude of the prisoners, and several try to talk over each other in order to voice their thanks, and praising various deities for their salvation.
>> No. 78035 edit
>>78027
Torinn is quite heartened by the idea of being able to search the vaults. "If we haven't been detected yet, it would be highly beneficial to enter the vaults, I think."
>> No. 78036 edit
File 144650670256.png - (212.11KB , 352x480 , lee_1941.png )
78036
As the group seems ready to continue their exploration, the middle-aged human retrieves a heart-shaped stone and holds it tight inside of his hand.

"Very well, I will not oppose your decision to stay."

Then he faces to the prisoners, adding something else. "I will have to ask you to cooperate with our allies in Waterdeep. Any knowledge you hold might be valuable in our mission against cultists."

Last edited at 15/11/02(Mon)15:35:19
>> No. 78037 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78037
The shaman opens the portal, and the prisoners hurriedly rush through, some nearly crying as they do, and many yelling thanks as they depart, taking Reiyasu's offered gold with them. It's somewhat noisy, but nobody seems to have noticed as of yet. The party now stands alone in the former prison warren.
>> No. 78038 edit
"To start, we should try to get away from here as quickly as possible. We would seem quite suspicious if found in an empty prison."

Myn moves to walk back towards the spire.
>> No. 78039 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78039
As the party leaves the prisons and traverses the caldera, they encounter no cultists or other anomalies along the way. It's been almost eerily quite and peaceful from the moment you entered the southern tunnels. The party now stands in front of the lava tube leading back towards the gilded door which you think blocks the path back to the treasure chamber. The entrance to the tube is about 120 feet from the gilded door, and you cannot see it from outside.
>> No. 78040 edit
While walking, the shaman calls Reiyasu's attention, takes out 40 gold pieces, and gives them to Reiyasu.
>> No. 78041 edit
Reiyasu notices the extra coins the shaman gives him and gracefully accepts them. Then, something else gets in his mind.

"Deciving is not one of my competences, Mr. Myn, so I will let you handle the negociations. However, I believe in my ability to read others" he explains with a smile, as the group moves.

"I was wondering. Back then in Waterdeep, when you masterfully colored Mr. Torinn's armor. Where you using a pair of Hedge Wizard's gloves, Ms. Bernkastel?"
>> No. 78042 edit
>>78041
The shaman nods. "Yes, I think that's what they're called."
>> No. 78043 edit
File 144227919814.png - (216.19KB , 394x480 , lee_2007.png )
78043
"Wonderful, I have used them before. They are certainly useful for making jokes, and for sending signals" he explains, trying to keep his voice low.

"I wonder, would you lend them to me? I believe I can use their trinkets to send you positive or negative messages according to what I perceive," he asks to the shaman.
>> No. 78044 edit
>>78043
The shaman hesitates for a moment, having become far too used to wearing the enchanted gloves. Still, she removes and hands them to Reiyasu. "Okay. Could you tell us about the signals?"
>> No. 78045 edit
File 144107911315.png - (215.92KB , 394x480 , lee_1993.png )
78045
"I will treat them with the utmost care," Reiyasu grins, as he accepts them. Then, he removes his owns gloves and tries the wizard gloves for a little bit.

"To keep the signals simple, I will use the gloves to slightly affect the temperature of our clothes. Hot for a "yes", cold for a "no". Furthermore, if I detect a lie I will use them to create an unpleasant odor. However, this means I will typically only be able to communicate with single person, if we desire to keep our signals a secret" he elaborates.

"Mr. Myn, I will use these signals to communicate with you, unless someone else is driving the negotiation at the time, and I believe my insight might be useful."
>> No. 78046 edit
>>78045

"Understood. I find it difficult to believe that the guard will allow himself to be convinced to let us in as we are now, however. Perhaps those gloves may be used to color my robes purple as well?"

Myn laments the headache that robbed him of his short-lived telepathic abilities.
>> No. 78047 edit
"Certainly... it is possible, but I wonder if it would look quite the same" Reiyasu ponders for a second. Nonetheless, he does his best attempt to change Myn's clothes to look as one of the wearer's of purple.
>> No. 78048 edit
>>78047
The shaman comments on the horrible disguise. "That will just make us more suspicious. ...If we want to use influence, we could say a wearer of purple sent us."

The shaman considers for a little more, and then speaks. "We could tell the guard we need to retrieve an item called the Golden Narwhal, and if the guard refuses to let us into the vault by ourselves, convince the guard to come in with us while one of us substitutes. If the vault isn't full of enemies, those inside can subdue the guard. Otherwise, and if any part of the plan goes wrong, we can just take the Narwhal, if it's there, and get out with as much information as we can learn."

Last edited at 15/11/03(Tue)13:17:54
>> No. 78049 edit
"One could assume that a cult leader should have some freedom in their clothing options..."

Myn shrugs, and turns to the orc to have the change reversed.

"I suppose it's better that my deceptive ability be underestimated."

>> No. 78050 edit
Reiyasu removes the color enchantment on Myn's clothes.

"I suspect the vault is going to be well secured, Ms. Bernkastel. I would still call our trip a success if we were to escape only having looted the narwal."
>> No. 78051 edit
File 144113947337.png - (21.14KB , 208x272 , Caster_nonplussed.png )
78051
Ramuh decides not to comment on Torinn's quest for self-glory.

"And our exit strategy in case things go awry?"
>> No. 78052 edit
>>78051
"Fight, run, Enshrouding Candle?"
>> No. 78053 edit
>>78051
"That is probably my biggest concern" Reiyasu replies to Ramuh. "If we manage to escape to the spire we might have a good chance to recast the linked portal ritual."
>> No. 78054 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
78054
The party moves forward, with Reiyasu and Myn leading the way. As you approach the gilded door--and you can see various draconic runes and writing upon the door. The shaman and the ranger can instantly tell that the man in the metallic-green robes and the elaborate, highly-stylized dragon mask tenses up. He speaks before you even get within ten feet, saying, "Keep your distance, initiates."

Torinn: You believe that the writing on the door is essentially a dedication to Tiamat, promising her all the wealth within.
>> No. 78055 edit
>>78054

Myn disperses his aura of confident cult droning.

"We have been instructed to search for and confirm the presence of a certain item. Please allow us entry."

Minor action: Knack for Success.
Bluff:http://orokos.com/roll/340062

>> No. 78056 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
78056
The cultist in the metallic green robes seems to draw in a deep breath, and speaks very slowly as he replies, "I will let that remark pass, once, because your number is still acclimating to your position within the Well of Dragons. But whoever told you that should well know procedure, none below the rank of Dragonsoul may pass through these doors. You will depart, and find this insubordinate individual for me, and bring them here, where I shall discipline them. Should you fail to do this immediately, I shall discipline you instead."
>> No. 78057 edit
Golem arcana:http://orokos.com/roll/340063
Door arcana:http://orokos.com/roll/340065
Guard nature:http://orokos.com/roll/340066


Last edited at 15/11/03(Tue)21:59:28
>> No. 78058 edit
>>78055
>>78056
While people are talking, the shaman takes a moment to observe the guard, the golems, and the door.

Golem (33) and guard (16) knowledge, both nature somehow. Also, door Arcana (24) and Perception (25).
http://orokos.com/roll/340064

>> No. 78059 edit
>>78056

"The matter is sufficiently urgent as to compel the Wearer of Purple Frulam Mondath to deploy us in the stead of a delegation of higher rank. The item we seek may have been included as a part of the recent cargo from the sack of Greenest, and when the Wearer of Purple realized this we were made to depart for its retrieval soon after the carts left."

Bluff:http://orokos.com/roll/340067
(AP)Reroll:http://orokos.com/roll/340068


Last edited at 15/11/03(Tue)22:26:43
>> No. 78060 edit
File 144662013721.png - (74.38KB , 200x200 , flesh golem.png )
78060
The dragonsoul raises a hand slowly, and points at Myn, then replies in an accusatory tone, "You test my patience, whelp. A most unwise course of action... regardless of the wishes of Frulam Mondath, my orders come from lord Severin himself. In regards to the transport of treasure, in or out, it is handled by a Dragonsoul. Lady Mondath tries our lord's patience with her petty games..."

OOC: Both Myn and Bernkastel are pretty sure the door is sealed magically. It could be opened with a lengthy incantation, which you do not know but could perhaps piece together via trial and error with some time, as there don't appear to be traps on the door.

The shaman knows about flesh golems. These specimens are level 12 brutes, they are large natural animates (constructs), and are immune to charm, fear, poison, and disease. They also resist lightning damage (resist 10). They are easy golems to craft, as far as crafting golems go, but they are somewhat unreliable, as they tend to go berserk when damaged (a bloodied golem is berserk, gaining a +2 bonus to attack rolls and a +5 bonus to damage rolls, but always attacking the nearest enemy, choosing randomly among eligible targets). The golem will slam with its meaty fists, and often twice (slam its its melee basic attack, dealing quite a bit of damage with a melee reach of 2), and it can use [b]double attack to slam twice as a standard action. Its fists pack such power that it might knock a foe silly (dazing strike is a recharge power that triggers when the flesh golem hits an enemy with its slam, dazing the enemy hit until the end of the golem's next turn). Additionally, whenever the golem is struck while bloodied, it will lash out at the nearest thing in retaliation (berserker strike is a free action that triggers whenever the golem takes damage while bloodied; it attacks a random enemy within its reach with its slam). The flesh golem's highest NAD is Fortitude, and its lowest is Reflex.

Nobody knows much about the cultist in the metallic green robes.

>> No. 78061 edit
"This might be difficult." Reiyasu remains silent for now, unable to pick any lie from the cultist.

Nature: 27 Insight: 23 http://orokos.com/roll/340074
>> No. 78062 edit
File 131371067578.png - (45.71KB , 128x128 , cultmanipulator.png )
78062
OOC: Reiyasu knows that this is a green dragonsoul, one of the highest-ranking members of the Cult of the Dragon. In his semi-frequent contacts with the Harpers since the incident with the black dragon mask, Reiyasu was informed that dragonsouls answer only to the elite among their numbers, the wearers of purple, and of course the leader of the dragon cultists, Severin. As level 14 controllers, they are quite dangerous, this one appears to be human and carries the statistics one would expect of a human, except that dragonsouls are said to have been blessed with the power of Tiamat since Severin's takeover of the cult. A dragonsoul embodies the soul of a chromatic dragon, and this particular one seems to be thematically aligned with green dragons, and thus resists poison damage (10). Rumor suggests that dragonsouls have been known to assume an alternate form known as dragonkin form, though the exact nature of the shape-changing is unknown to you.
>> No. 78063 edit
"Might I suggest a compromise, then? Since you are allowed inside, perhaps you could retrieve it instead?"

Winning at diplomacy: http://orokos.com/roll/340307 (33)
>> No. 78064 edit
File 144669404013.png - (513.22KB , 1010x797 , lavatube1A.png )
78064
The cultist seems to calm down a bit, but still seems unwavering in his rejection of your entrance. "...I shall need more than your word that Frulam Mondath did indeed send you for this item if I were to root through the Dragon Queen's hoard for it. Do you have any proof?"
>> No. 78065 edit
>>78064

"We were deployed quite hastily after Lady Mondath noticed the missing item, so it may be the case that the situation was too urgent to prepare us more thoroughly..."

Myn turns to the remainder of the party in a motion of helplessness before continuing.

"...nonetheless, we have no choice if the overseer of the treasury should judge our circumstances insufficient. Thus, our only recourse is to return and report our lamentable failure to the Wearer of Purple. Please excuse our previous rudeness."

Myn bows, and gestures to the group to follow him back towards the spire. Within earshot of the guard, he mutters audibly to the party with a strongly disheartened tone.

"It is a shame. I can only hope Lady Mondath should not suffer greatly from our shortcomings."

Bluff:http://orokos.com/roll/340352
>> No. 78066 edit
File 131371067578.png - (45.71KB , 128x128 , cultmanipulator.png )
78066
"If Lady Mondath wishes this item returned to her, she should know well to follow the proper procedure for such things!" the cultist replies impatiently. Giving a small sigh, he adds, "Find one of the Thayans--the red wizards--and tell them that Luth Stormwind has need of his assistance. Bring them back here, and a simple communication to Lady Mondath can be made to resolve this matter."
>> No. 78067 edit
>>78066

Myn becomes reinvigorated.

"Yes, understood! If it is no trouble, have you any idea where we might best find one of them, Lord Stormwind?"
>> No. 78068 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78068
"Head into the southern lava tube, across the caldera, and the Red Wizards' Quarters is the first--and only--door to the west," the green-robed cultist answers.
>> No. 78069 edit
>>78068
The shaman has a question, and speaks up. "Sir, are these Thayans the only way to communicate with the field from here?"
>> No. 78070 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
78070
The dragonsoul regards the shaman with annoyed suspicion. "Watch your tongue, initiate. You ask suspicious questions."
>> No. 78071 edit
>>78070
"I'm sorry, it was only curiosity." The shaman bows, and leaves with the others.

Last edited at 15/11/04(Wed)21:54:56
>> No. 78072 edit
"Thank you for your kind instruction. We will return shortly."

Myn resumes his spirewards movement.
>> No. 78073 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
78073
Passive Insight (Bernkastel/Reiyasu): The shaman's last comment aroused a lot of suspicion in the cultist. Even as you move away, you get the feeling that he is very deep in thought, and staring at you hard as you go, suspicion heavy in his eyes. You get the feeling that he may take precautions before you return.

When the party moves out of the sight of the cultist and re-enters the caldera, the tiny dragon familiar that houses the essence of Asgorath the World-Shaper reappears, and begins to speak.

Be not fooled by the apparent lack of security. Tiamat's Cult will protect Her Hoard at any cost. A dozen initiates would be slaughtered before parting with a single coin.

>> No. 78074 edit
"That was my initial assumption" Reiyasu softly agrees.
>> No. 78075 edit
>>78073

"It seems to me that entering the vault may be more trouble than its worth at the moment. Perhaps we might revisit it after the cult is dealt with?"
>> No. 78076 edit
>>78075
"Won't they take everything with them, though?"
>> No. 78077 edit
>>78076

"That would depend on how dealt-with they become, I suppose."
>> No. 78078 edit
>>78073
"Sorry. I really shouldn't have asked that," the shaman apologizes to the party. "I think the narwhal may be out of our reach for now. Still, it's true that these red wizards seem to have an important role. Should we not try to disrupt their communication network?"
>> No. 78079 edit
>>78078

"Is it worth the risk to investigate them, however? Surely the missing prisoners will be noticed at some point, and a search called for their benefactors."
>> No. 78080 edit
>>78079
"We'll be facing greater security the next time we return. It may be best to do as much as possible before we leave, but with that in mind, I'll understand if everyone prefers to put our safety first."
>> No. 78081 edit
"As much as possible?" the ranger repeats the shaman's line. "If there's anything else that is worth the risk we might try to pull it off. Otherwise, I find little reason to remain here."

Thinking further, he also adds. "Though somehow I believe the next time you come to this place it will be a very big battlefield."
>> No. 78082 edit
>>78081
"I was referring to taking out the Red Wizards. In addition to the communication issue, were the Thayans to find their dispatches... maybe dead, their relations with the Cult could become more strained."
>> No. 78083 edit
"Certainly... defeating their allies might slow down the cult's operations. However, do you think we have a chance to perform substancial damage? We should form a strategy losing our disguises," Reiyasu says. Then, he removes the wizard's gloves and returns them to the shaman, "I am sorry I could not help during the negociations."

Return gloves to bern, equip gauntlets of blood.
>> No. 78084 edit
>>78083

"There is also no guarantee that we would succeed in killing every Red Wizard. Should one simply be out of the room on some business, their communications could continue unhindered."
>> No. 78085 edit
>>78083
>>78084
The shaman nods. Better luck next time. "Well, let's go back, then. The spire, after all?"
>> No. 78086 edit
File 144112725762.png - (21.33KB , 208x272 , Caster_confident.png )
78086
"I do think she has a point," Ramuh interjects. "There is a certain merit in hindering them as much as we can before we leave. Perhaps even as we leave."
>> No. 78087 edit
"We should be careful as to where we discuss these matters" Reiyasu says, considering Ramuh's comment. Then, he tries hearing in the surroundings to see if it is safe to continue the conversation.

"Should we move to somewhere else?"

Perception: 31 http://orokos.com/roll/340898
>> No. 78088 edit
>>78086

"We have a deficit of time and information. Unless we should happen to come across the cult leader and take the opportunity to kill him, I see little chance of causing significant damage before our departure."
>> No. 78089 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78089
Reiyasu does not hear or see the presence of any approaching patrols. It seems the caldera remains relatively clear.
>> No. 78090 edit
"Then we should leave as soon as possible. Should we head to the spire?" the ranger asks.
>> No. 78091 edit
File 144130101170.png - (21.20KB , 208x272 , Caster_happy.png )
78091
"All the same to me. Let us quit this place with haste then."
>> No. 78092 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
78092
The group makes for the spire. It's empty inside, and much the same as you left it. There's still no sound of any patrols making their way towards you. However, Asgorath fades back into view, having disappeared again sometime ago, and hovers nearby, looking towards its former body.

The decay begins...


Indeed, you can no longer feel the World-Shaper's power emanating from the enormous, serpentine form. Now it feels dead, and hollow.
>> No. 78093 edit
"Is this a side effect of your contract with Bahamut?" the ranger asks, looking at the cute flying evil dragon. After that, he remains on guard, as the group begins climbing the spire.

Last edited at 15/11/09(Mon)17:51:53
>> No. 78094 edit
File 144351080681.png - (70.41KB , 199x1595 , Linked Portal.png )
78094
>>78093
"...I'd rather not climb that more than necessary., and there's more than enough room here to hide using the Enshrouding Candle," the shaman suggests.

Using the Everburning Lantern, she finds a relatively secluded area, activates the Enshrouding Candle, and once everyone is inside its area of effect, begins casting Linked Portal to Mithral Hall.


"We'll go to Mithral Hall first to fool the cultists, and teleport to Waterdeep from there. The portal won't last long, so please step into it quickly once it opens. Someone should pick up the candle, too."

Last edited at 15/11/09(Mon)18:13:23
>> No. 78095 edit
File 144712786055.png - (215.22KB , 366x480 , lee_1944.png )
78095
"That sounds good to me" Reiyasu says, stepping inside of the candle's area of effect.
>> No. 78096 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78096
The enshrouding candle ensures that the party is not interrupted while conducting the ritual, and after the ten minutes, the portal to Mitrhal Hall is opened. Once the party passes through, they find themselves in a small, perhaps twenty feet in diameter square room, hewn from the cavern walls deep within Mithral Hall. The only feature of note here besides the teleportation circle is a large stone door with a pair of armored dwarven guards flanking it, who stare at the group questioningly, their hands easing towards their weapons.
>> No. 78097 edit
>>78096

Myn moves to allay the concern of the guards.

"No need to worry. We are returning from a certain destination whence these garments allowed us some degree of safety. We have no unsavory affiliation."

Diplomacy:http://orokos.com/roll/342559
>> No. 78098 edit
The shaman removes her cultist mask and robe, and returns her hair to normal. "I'm sorry, we're just passing through."

She then starts working on the portal to Waterdeep, assuming nothing interrupts.
>> No. 78099 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78099
The dwarven guards seem a bit surprised, though seem convinced enough that you're not here to cause trouble. The shaman's unmasking helps with that, as at least one of the guards seems to recognize you, "'Ey, yer tha adventurers from back then! ...But, just passin' through? Ahm no expert on tha, but isn't tha expens've?"

The shaman begins to perform the ritual.
>> No. 78100 edit
>>78099
"It's okay, it's much cheaper when there's a base circle," replies the shaman, still casting.
>> No. 78101 edit
File 144556134250.png - (223.52KB , 396x480 , lee_1953.png )
78101
Reiyasu takes off the ugly cultist clothes and throws a smile to the guards.
"Please apologize our sudden visit, we will not stay here for long."
>> No. 78102 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78102
"Well... arrite," the dwarf guard replies, returning Reiyasu's smile, though not quite recognizing the human. "If yer sure ye dinnae want me ta call anyone ta talk while you're here."

It doesn't take long for the shaman to complete the ritual once more, and usher the party forth to Waterdeep's teleportation circle. This one is located inside the Waterdeep branch of the Arcanimus, and the room on that side is much larger--though still largely empty, with what appear to be arcane wards of various sorts lining the walls of the sixty foot in diameter circular room. Illumination is provided by an elaborate-looking chandelier, and being a small raised desk stands a warforged male, who looks up at you when you appear.

"Ah, you are expected," the warforged says, nodding.
>> No. 78103 edit
File 144587783734.png - (212.25KB , 352x480 , lee_1959.png )
78103
"Greetings" the ranger replies. "Were you able to accommodate the prisoners we teleported some time ago? I would bet most of them would appreciate a good dinner and some rest" he laughs.
>> No. 78104 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78104
"Those prisoners will be well taken care of. Though we are unsure as to how much we can learn from them, Elayne believes we do need to talk to them as soon as they are able, so we are keeping track of them for now," the warforged pauses a moment, then asks, "Shall I fetch her for you, or is there someone else you need to speak with first?"
>> No. 78106 edit
>>78104
"We would like to arrange a Sending for Mr. Valanor, telling him we've arrived in Waterdeep," the shaman suggests.
>> No. 78107 edit
File 144735969029.png - (212.11KB , 352x480 , lee_1957.png )
78107
"Perhaps miss Elayne can help us with that" Reiyasu adds.
>> No. 78108 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78108
"Well, you can certainly discuss such things with Elayne," the warforged notes. "I'm certain she'll be glad to see the all of you again."

Following the warforged into this new branch of the Arcanimus, you notice it is structured quite a bit differently than the Baldur's Gate chapter. It is all on one level, and while the very center of the enormous circular chamber is clear, to either side are sections that are maze-like alleyways of large bookshelves. There are north-south and east-west walkways between the bookshelves, and illumination is provided by several chandelier-like circular objects that hang from the ceiling, looking almost like beehives in appearance but functioning as light sources. Everything has a distinctly elven look to its manufacture, with curved, natural-looking wood bookshelves and green-cushioned chairs around tables. Elayne stands in the center, the female eladrin dressed in pale green robes and her long blond hair flowing freely. She turns to the adventuring group, smiles, and quickly shuffles towards you, bowing deeply once she's standing about five feet away.

"Welcome back, my friends. It is good to see you well," the eladrin offers, rising to meet your gazes, now that the entire party has removed their cultist robes and masks. She spares Reiyasu a questioning glance, but doesn't immediately note his presence, instead saying, "I understand it was your mission that led to the delivery of several rescued hostages from afar to us. The city guard took them away and has assured me they are being taken care of. I admit I do not know what your mission involved, but I am glad to see that you are back safely from it."
>> No. 78109 edit
"Hello, Ms. Elayne. Were we needed for something?"
>> No. 78110 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78110
"Not at all," the eladrin replies, shaking her head. "At least, not that I'm aware of. But do feel free to ask for my help if there's anything I can do."
>> No. 78111 edit
File 144746760444.png - (226.78KB , 396x480 , lee_1987.png )
78111
"Greetings, miss Elayne. We would appreciate your assistance in contacting Valanor. He must be told that we have safely returned to Waterdeep" he says, ignoring introductions for now.

"Besides that, have you seen my son Sureiya around? Chances are, he has already arrived."
>> No. 78112 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
78112
"Oh, well," Elayne seems a bit flustered with acquiescing to the demands of the stranger, until she realizes that Reiyasu referred to Sureiya as his son. "Um, yes! Sureiya did come by yesterday, late in the day, but I do not know where he is now. He mentioned something about you, now that I think about it! As for contacting Valanor, I can do that for you. But first, may I ask your name?"
>> No. 78113 edit
"Excuse my poor manners, miss. My name is Reiyasu Yatagarasu. I was asked by my son to stay with the party during his absence the ranger explains.
>> No. 78114 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78114
"A pleasure," Elayne replies, bowing. She then faces the rest of the group again and says, "So let's see, you wish to Send to Valanor to tell him that you have safely returned to Waterdeep, is that it? If there is anything else you wish to say or anything else I can do for you, please let me know. Otherwise, I will see to it immediately."
>> No. 78115 edit
>>78114

"That should be sufficient. We can tell him our findings in person when we next meet."
>> No. 78116 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78116
"Of course, of course. I will see to that immediately, then," Elayne replies, bowing, then scurrying off in the direction she came from, presumably to procure reagents and begin casting the spell.
>> No. 78117 edit
>>78116

"We should report to the nobles as well, I suppose, although it would be a wonder if they were prepared to meet with us on such a short notice."
>> No. 78118 edit
File 144769682443.png - (212.42KB , 352x480 , lee_1942.png )
78118
"We could look for lady Dala first, if we are to summon the rest of the nobles" Reiyasu suggests, wondering where his son would wait for their arrive.
>> No. 78120 edit
>>78118
"We can inform them, but maybe we shouldn't call a meeting until we've asked the people we brought back what they know."
>> No. 78121 edit
File 144781501556.jpg - (66.19KB , 1000x1305 , leosin.jpg )
78121
With that much decided, the party leaves Elayne to conduct her ritual and heads out into the city of Waterdeep proper. The weather is nice today, so the city is bustling with activity, and it's difficult to track anyone in particular down, since you never really agreed to meet anyone anywhere. However, the crowds become sparser as you approach the keep, where you met the council before, and it doesn't take too long for you to attract some attention.

It turns out to be two people you recognize from earlier who approach: Remalia and Leosin of the Harpers. The moon elf fighter and half-elf monk approach you with some certainty, and Remalia offers you greetings, "Welcome back. I assumed you would be returning soon, given your delivery of prisoners from the Well of Dragons. We've taken them and the cultists you sent back into custody for questioning for the moment, though the hostages will be released as soon as we've got them back on their feet and in condition to travel once more."

Offering a gracious bow, she then states, "The council will not be meeting for quite a few days, but I think it's best if we discuss your findings ahead of time. We may have time to make other moves before the council meets once more. Leosin, please go fetch Dala for me. I contacted her earlier, so she should be standing by."

The monk bows and moves off, leaving the five adventurers alone with Remalia. She gives a tired-looking smile, and decides to make some conversation, "I trust your journey was productive?"
>> No. 78122 edit
File 144788807265.png - (215.71KB , 394x480 , lee_1988.png )
78122
"I would say that it was" Reiyasu replies to Remalia with a welcoming smile.
"We could not find Ragrim, but as far as we know he should not be a threat anymore. And in the other hand... we found something else, but it might be a little difficult to explain it" he continues, a little troubled by Spyro the tsundere dragon.
>> No. 78123 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
78123
Asgorath does not seem to be willing to manifest before random strangers, but Reiyasu can feel that it is present nonetheless.

Remalia tilts her head as she replies, "Well, that is good to hear. I have some information for you as well, but it is perhaps best to wait until lady Dala is here."

It's only a few moments later when Leosin the monk returns with the noble you recognize as Dala Silmerhelve. She gives a bow of respect, then greets you, "It is good that you have returned. The council will not be meeting for a few days, perhaps a week or two--there's been some upheaval recently. The Masked Lords of Waterdeep have officially removed Lord Neverember from power, and are in the process of selecting a new Open Lord of the City to represent Waterdeep at the council. However, the City of Splendors will see to it that you are still well compensated for your efforts." She spreads her hands wide and says, "Shall we share what we have learned? I believe all three of us have something to report."

"Indeed. Leosin, if you would," Remalia replies, nodding to the half-elf monk.

With a deep breath, Leosin begins, "The Cult of the Dragon has been thoroughly reorganized under a new leader named Severin, as you may know, and now upholds that true power lies within an alliance with living dragons rather than undead dragons. The cult is organized into individual cells that often do not have much contact with each other, and only the highest-ranking members of the cult send communications to other cells and the higher-ups, usually via magical means."

He pauses for a moment, then elaborates, "Their organizational structure is as follows: various initiates and acolytes form the lowest-ranking cult members. They have no official rank but are often referred to as such. Once they are given a mask and robes, the next rank up is Dragonclaw. Dragonclaw that display some talent are elevated to the rank of Dragonwing, and those Dragonwing that are especially capable become Dragonfangs. The next rank up is those of great power, especially magic-wielders and paladins of Tiamat, known as Dragonsouls. There seem to be a number of rumors surrounding the Dragonsouls, which I could not personally verify. Each Cult cell is led by the highest-ranking cult member, known as the Wearer of Purple. As their name indicates, they wear purple garments or armor to show their rank, and most are elite Dragonsouls or Dragonfangs. The topmost level of the cult consists of the five Wyrmspeakers, the Wearers of Purple we believe to be in possession of the legendary dragon mask artifacts. Each Wyrmspeaker corresponds to a different color of chromatic dragon, and we have learned the identity of two: Severin himself is the red Wyrmspeaker, and Rezmir, a half-dragon of some repute, is the black Wyrmspeaker."

Giving a nod and a gesture, Leosin adds one last thing, "We've also learned that the Cult of the Dragon has nearly doubled their effective force by hiring various bands of mercenaries, hunters, and the like to complement their forces. Given many of the Cult raids thus far have been that of looting and plundering, it's not surprising that many morally dubious folk are willing to work with them."

"Thank you, Leosin," Dala says, giving the half-elf a smile and a nod. She then turns back to the party and says, "Let's hear what the adventurers have to say next, then I'll give my own report."
>> No. 78124 edit
>>78123
The shaman begins to look through her notes for things to report, but stops early. "...Rezmir? Someone by that name was at the Greenest raid, which was three days ago, though the loot caravan only departed yesterday. Does that mean they leave some of their artifact masks exposed?"
>> No. 78125 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78125
Leosin shrugs. "It is possible. The cultists were in Greenest in force--hundreds of them, including mercenaries, so they must have felt secure. And they may feel they need the masks to negotiate with most chromatic dragons."
>> No. 78126 edit
>>78123
"We've gained a..." Torinn scratches his head, "..a World-Shaper's agreement to watch over us. I can't say what that means other than Bahamut thought it important."
>> No. 78127 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78127
"World... Shaper?" Dala repeats, tilting her head.

Leosin looks thoughtful for a moment, then surprised, and asks, "You mean Asgorath, the World-Shaper? The ancient greater god of dragons?! How... in the Well of Dragons, then? Was the Cult harnessing its power somehow?! What is the World-Shaper's relationship to the Cult? And you mentioned Bahamut...?"
>> No. 78128 edit
>>78127
"No, he was just... there. A large, mostly empty husk, though his essence was still there. He doesn't like them at all."

Last edited at 15/11/19(Thu)18:04:25
>> No. 78129 edit
>>78127
>>78128
I guess he already knows about Asgorath.

The shaman, who had been making marks in her notes during the conversation, looks up to add to the report.
"At the center of the Well, we met a primordial called Lord Asgorath the World-shaper, who had taken the Fell King's memories and powers. Mr. Bahamut gave Lord Asgorath a small body to inhabit, which now follows us around, apparently according to a pact."

Last edited at 15/11/19(Thu)18:34:59
>> No. 78130 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78130
"A small body? And it follows you around... but it was a husk before?" Leosin repeats, seemingly quite interested in this line of thought. Dala and Remalia seem more confused than anything, but the monk continues to press, "And where is it now? Can we speak to it?"
>> No. 78131 edit
>>78130
"Not manifested, but still here. Do you have questions for Lord Asgorath? We do have other things to report, too."
>> No. 78132 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78132
"Perhaps you should finish your own report... though I'm a little unsure about proper decorum before such an... entity...!" Leosin replies, apparently trying to rein himself in.
>> No. 78133 edit
The shaman reads off the marked bits in her notes. "These are more or less in the order we learned the information, though some of them aren't as useful as others:

- The cultists wear magic masks, derived from the artifact masks, that make draconic cretures like drakes friendly to the wearers. We've brought some back.

- There's a password to enter the Well, which is "dracorage mithal."

- The Greenest raid was led by three people: A Wearer of Purple named Frulam Mondath, Langdedrosa Cyanwrath, and Rezmir. The two cultists we sent back earlier should have had more details, but we haven't heard much else yet.

- The Fell King seems to have left the Well with a goblin. My conjecture is that this goblin entered through the unused passageway Mr. Valanor mentioned, and they probably left the same way.

- Mr. Daragoth the Desolator survived, and ended up in the Elemental Chaos. Lord Asgorath suggested looking into his contacts.

- The Draakhorn is calling a bunch of chromatic dragons to the Well. Mr. Valanor also thinks the artifact masks are helping with diplomacy.

- The prisoners were being kept to be sacrificed to something or other. The exact details of how they were captured and what the Cult wanted with them should be learned directly from the prisoners, since we haven't asked yet.

- Lastly, I believe they're employing the Red Wizards of Thay to communicate with the field."
>> No. 78134 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
78134
The trio absorb Bernkastel's information, and Leosin asks one more question, "Would it be possible for us to communicate with Asgorath? I have--"

"Perhaps that is not a good idea at this time, Leosin," Remalia interjects, silencing the monk with a gentle hand on the shoulder. She goes on to ask, "What is your opinion on the Fell King? Is he still dangerous?"
>> No. 78135 edit
File 144788807265.png - (215.71KB , 394x480 , lee_1988.png )
78135
"No, Milady. As far as we understand, the Fell King lost all of his powers and, apparently, even his memories," the human softly explains. "And about Lord Asgorath... well, I believe they are honoring us with their presence as we speak, but they might only be interested in showing themselves in front of the pacted people," the ranger continues, hoping this doesn't cause Sureiya problems later on.
>> No. 78136 edit
File 144806792736.gif - (9.19KB , 250x134 , Sea_of_moving_ice_250.gif )
78136
"If you say it is so, we could certainly use our resources elsewhere," Remalia replies, nodding to Dala. "Perhaps it is time to tell them what you know."

"I have another lead," the noble explains. "The Draakhorn. Its last known location was the Sea of Moving Ice, the northern most known region of Faerûn. We've tried to pinpoint the Draakhorn's location by sound, but that has proven impossible. We have no idea if the Draakhorn is still there, but perhaps someone there knows where it is if it is not. Either way, I feel we must start our search there."

Dala wears a grave expression as she continues, "The Draakhorn is one of the Cult's weak points, like the Dragon Masks. Wresting it from their grasp would be a significant victory, and hopefully prevent them from continuing to rally chromatics to their cause. To this end, I have contacted the Arcane Brotherhood. One of their number, a tiefling named Maccath the Crimson, left over three years ago on an expedition to the frozen north. No one alive knows more about the Draakhorn than her..." she does appear a bit nervous at this comment, as though Asgorath might take offense, but your unlikely companion remains silent, and she sighs and goes on, "They haven't heard from her in nearly that long, but she was in the process of investigating the Sea of Moving Ice when she disappeared."
>> No. 78137 edit
>>78136
"And you want us to find her and ask her what she knows?"
>> No. 78138 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78138
Dala gives a quick nod and says, "That would be well. We also need to see if the Draakhorn is still somewhere in the Sea of Moving Ice, and if it is not, if there are any clues as to its current location. The sea is called as such because it is filled with icebergs, which are blown here and there by strong, bitter cold winds. Though this biting cold prevents all but the hardiest creatures from making the Sea of Moving Ice their home, it nonetheless sustains a population of sentient creatures."

"One of which is Arauthator, or 'Old White Death' as he is known by the locals. An adult white dragon known to be loyal to the Cult of the Dragon, according to what little information we have on the area," Remalia adds.

Dala turns to Remalia and gives a brief nod of confirmation, then explains, "Maccath reported her progress to the Hosttower by way of sending spells. Her last report spoke of seeing Ice Hunters paddling their sealskin boats toward a huge iceberg, flattened like a plateau across its surface, but ringed by icy peaks. She had intended to follow the Ice Hunters and investigate the iceberg. After that, no more reports came. Attempts to find Maccath using scrying and other magical means located only her ship, adrift and heavily damaged. Some of the ship’s crew were seen dead, but no sign of the tiefling sorcerer was ever found. However, the lair of a dragon as powerful as Arauthator is no doubt protected against scrying magic. If Maccath is alive, in addition to the lore she can share regarding the Draakhorn, the Arcane Brotherhood would be most grateful to get her back." She pauses, looks back to the adventurers, and emphasizes, "It's a chance to gain another potential alliance."
>> No. 78139 edit
>>78138
The shaman adds to her notes some more.

Nature vs. (adult?) white dragons (16) and Arauthator (19). http://orokos.com/roll/345879

"When would we have to depart? Mr. Sid wanted us for something in Loudwater after the Well of Dragons mission, too."

Last edited at 15/11/21(Sat)14:22:01
>> No. 78140 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78140
"I would obviously push for as soon as possible, as it will take several days to reach the Sea of Moving Ice by boat," Dala replies, "But the tiefling has been missing for years, so I doubt a few days one way or another will make a significant difference. I leave it to your judgment."
>> No. 78141 edit
>>78140
The shaman thinks. "I'm inclined to help Mr. Sid with his thing first, but I do think it's a good idea to have finished the Draakhorn mission before the council meets. Maybe we should try to hurry."
>> No. 78142 edit
"Mister Sid has helped us a great deal in the past. If the Sea can wait, then we may let it wait."

"Loudwater sounds marginally more comfortable."
>> No. 78143 edit
Reiyasu briefly chuckles and adds "I am certain my son will be happy to join your adventures again, wherever you decide to go before."
>> No. 78144 edit
>>78143
"Will you be leaving us?" asks the shaman.
>> No. 78145 edit
"I would hate to steal the spotlight of my son," the ranger jokes. "And to be honest, I might be a little old for the caliber of your adventures. Nevertheless I shall remain working for Lady Remalia, as least until so they find me useful for their purposes" Reiyasu laughs.

"Before we part our ways, I would wish to find my son. Now, I wonder where he might be?"
>> No. 78146 edit
>>78145
"But what about your pay, Mr. Yatagarasu?"
>> No. 78147 edit
"I will let Sureiya to handle that, I am certain some money will help him in your fight against the cult," he admits with a smile.
>> No. 78148 edit
"On the subject, where is this pay? There is some equipment I wish to procure before our next departure."
>> No. 78149 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
78149
At the mention of "pay", Remalia decides to interject, "You won't be receiving a full payment until the council meets again... but it will be substantial. In the meantime, the Harpers have prepared something to help fund your efforts, and I have access to enough to hopefully make a difference."

Saying this much, she provides each of the five members of the party a good-sized pouch containing various platinum, gemstones, and gold pieces totaling 8,000 gp.

"If you haven't returned from you adventures by the time the council is set to meet, it would be a relatively simple matter to stall them," Dala adds. "They won't want to meet without you being present."
>> No. 78150 edit
Reiyasu graciously accepts the reward and places it inside of his magical bag. Then, after thinking for a moment, he makes a suggestion to the group.

"Wouldn't you think it is a good time to get some rest?"
>> No. 78151 edit
>>78149
That's way more than expected. The shaman accepts. "Thank you very much. This will definitely help us a lot."

>>78150
"I still have to report to Mr. Valanor," replies the shaman.
>> No. 78152 edit
"Well, maybe we should return with miss Elayne to see if she is done with the ritual," Reiyasu says.
>> No. 78153 edit
Accepting the funds with a nod, Myn turns to depart.

"I will leave Mister Valanor to you. If I am needed, I will be at the market."

Search market for
-Rod of Avernus +1
-Rod of Cursed Honor +1
-Rod of Dark Reward +1
-Potion of Clarity (Lvl 5)

Sell
-Amulet of Resolution +1
-Leather Armor of Dark Majesty +1


Last edited at 15/11/23(Mon)17:21:28
>> No. 78154 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78154
Myn is able to sell his items at half price and find all of the magical items he requests, though doing so will take several hours of hunting down the specific items he wants.

Meanwhile, the shaman and the others are considering returning to the Arcanimus to check on Elayne's ritual progress.
>> No. 78155 edit
>>78154
"If that's everything, maybe I should go back to Ms. Elayne." The shaman is ready to go hear the results of the Sending.
>> No. 78156 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78156
"Bernkastel" makes her way back to the Arcanimus. Immediately upon entering, Elayne looks over from nearby, where she was conversing with another elven mage of some sort, and walks over to address the shaman. The other mage bows and walks off, heading for another bookshelf. "Valanor was glad to hear from you, and should be returning shortly. He just wanted to do one last sweep of the outskirts before teleporting in."
>> No. 78157 edit
>>78156
The shaman nods. "I understand. I'll just wait here, then, if that's okay."

Rather used to the place from her studies, she finds an empty desk and begins organizing her notes.

Last edited at 15/11/23(Mon)19:18:49
>> No. 78158 edit
File 144840940032.png - (212.61KB , 352x480 , lee_1955.png )
78158
Reiyasu tags along with the shaman, and goes to the Arcanimus. Then, after listening about Valanor, he decides it's time to look for his son.

"If everything is fine now, I believe it is time to find Sureiya. Knowing him, it should not be too hard to find him if I take a peek in the pubs around the outer city," he admits with a smirk.

"It was a pleasure to work with you, miss Bernkastel. I hope you stay being friends with my son," Reiyasu bows.
>> No. 78159 edit
>>78158
The shaman bows as Reiyasu begins to leave. "Goodbye, Mr. Yatagarasu."
>> No. 78160 edit
Reiyasu departs from the Arcanimus and asks for a few directions once he's outside. Then he moves to the less glamourous areas of the city and takes a peek into a few ugly pubs, taking note of their names. Once he finds a suitable place, he gets inside and gracefully asks for their best drink, to the surprise of the barkeeper.

Just before the human finishes his drink, a robed figure joins him.


"It took you long enough. So, what's new?" Sureiya asks.

"Hello! I missed you as well," Reiyasu welcomes his son with a warm smile. "Our expedition was a colorful success, I would say. But you will have time to listen about it later. Tell me, son. How did your expedition go?"

"It was... interesting, at least. These fellas don't know how to use their gifts. I stayed with them just enough to learn the basics."

After talking for a while, Reiyasu gives to Sureiya his share of the reward, and the half-orc decides to head to the Arcanimus.

Last edited at 15/11/24(Tue)21:18:49
>> No. 78161 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78161
Sureiya arrives at the Arcanimus. The shaman is still sitting around organizing notes at this point, and Valanor has not yet arrived.
>> No. 78162 edit
File 129643998318.png - (89.42KB , 291x478 )
78162
Sureiya uncovers his head from the robes and quietly approaches the shaman.
"Busy as ever, huh. I heard what happened from my father. Did you decide where we're going next?"
>> No. 78163 edit
>>78162
The shaman looks up. "Oh, welcome back, Mr. Sureiya. Yes, we did. Will you be joining us again?"

Behind the shaman, the smaller spirit waves at the ranger.
>> No. 78164 edit
Sureiya returns the wave to the spirit.
"Yeah, and sorry for not getting in time. After an unpleasant experience at my home town I found out I needed some training," he explains.
"I didn't have much time, and the place where I was being trained was a little suspicious. But I think it was worth my time," the ranger admits.

"Was my father useful to the group? It's been a while since he went to an adventure."
>> No. 78165 edit
>>78164
"I see. Yes, he was much stronger than you."

The shaman then tells Sureiya about the two planned missions.
>> No. 78166 edit
"Not gonna lie, he's pretty tough" the ranger smirks. "So, where's the rest? I wanted to see if Torinn still had Nightfall with him."
>> No. 78167 edit
>>78166
"Mr. Tormine and Mr. Ramuh are both around here somewhere, and Mr. N went shopping ahead of us. Is Mr. Yatagarasu not coming back?" the shaman explains and asks.
>> No. 78168 edit
"Well, for starters he said he wanted to have a night of rest before he decided anything else. But it seemed like he was not going to accompany us, at least," the ranger answers.
>> No. 78169 edit
>>78168
The shaman nods. "Please feel free to look around for Mr. Tormine. He does have Nightfall with him."
>> No. 78170 edit
The ranger shrugs. "Well, I'll find him later. So, how are you going with your notes?"
Sureiya will stay around, quietly looking at the shaman's notes, if she allows it.
>> No. 78171 edit
File 130141783628.jpg - (12.74KB , 322x362 , valanor.jpg )
78171
It's about this time that Valanor, in his humanoid shape, strides into view out of the portal room. He quickly notices Sureiya and the shaman talking, and approaches, smiling.

"Ah, so you decided to teleport directly out of the Well! How went the mission?" he asks quietly.
>> No. 78172 edit
>>78171
"Hello, Mr. Valanor. Yes, it was much safer than fighting or bluffing our way out."

Insight to see if that's really Valanor. (30) http://orokos.com/roll/347685
>> No. 78173 edit
File 142613875384.jpg - (68.27KB , 400x291 , gold-dragon.jpg )
78173
"Good, good," Valanor replies, nodding. "How successful was the mission, then? Did you recover any prisoners, or any other information?"

Insight: (Bernkastel) You detect no hints of deception. Valanor seems earnestly curious about how your mission went. He also seems a bit tired.
>> No. 78174 edit
>>78173
"We brought back 19 prisoners, which seemed to be all of them. As for the mission..."

Here, the shaman repeats her earlier report, reading off her notes again.

"...but maybe most importantly, we met Lord Asgorath, the coiled figure from Mr. Halvangh's scrying. They seem to have taken the Fell King's memories and powers. Lord Asgorath should be around here somewhere, maybe with Mr. Tormine?"
>> No. 78175 edit
Sureiya casually greets the golden dragon. "Hey, it's been a while."
>> No. 78176 edit
File 130141783628.jpg - (12.74KB , 322x362 , valanor.jpg )
78176
Valanor briefly meets Sureiya's gaze and replies, "Indeed, it has," before turning towards the shaman with a serious expression. "I had not expected Daragoth to be dealt with so easily, and yet news of his survival is unsettling nonetheless. As for what happened with the Fell King--that is most troubling news indeed. I will need to tell Thelkra... and I should see her in person again very soon. Though my offer to help you reach your next destination stands, I need to attend to my own duties thereafter."

Pausing, he then adds, "As for... Asgorath... I admit that matter is a bit beyond my ken. However, it is something that I might need to inform the metallic dragons of when at council. It will help to emphasize the urgency of meeting with you adventurers." Giving a quick nod, the gold dragon in humanoid form adds, "For now, you should rest, and let me know what your immediate plans are. I will do my best to assist before proceeding with my own."
>> No. 78177 edit
>>78176
"We were planning to help Mr. Silversprocket in Loudwater before our mission to visit the Sea of Moving Ice... I guess I should Send to him. But is it really okay to take up even more of your time? We could find another way there."
>> No. 78178 edit
The ranger considers Valanor's offer for a little bit and answers as well.
"Reaching Loudwater should be no problem" he says. "Instead we might use your help to reach the sea of ice, but we can't stall you. The business with the other dragons is more important"
>> No. 78179 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
78179
Valanor shrugs. "I said I'd take you to Loudwater after we finished at the Well of Dragons, and I intended to follow through on that. It's up to you whether or not you think you can find another expeditious way there."
>> No. 78180 edit
"Heh, my bad" the ranger shrugs. "I guess it would be rude to decline your kind offer. If that's the case I'm sure the rest will be glad to have your help," Sureiya says.
>> No. 78182 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
78182
Valanor gives a bow, and says, "No apology necessary, you weren't even present when I made the offer. In any case..." At this point, the dragon-disguised as a humanoid looks apprehensive, "I feel as though... has Asgorath... mentioned anything in particular about his role in Tiamat's rise? Does he truly mean to be a passive observer in all this?"
>> No. 78183 edit
>>78179
>>78182
The shaman bows her head. "I'm sorry. Of course your help is the best way for us."

She then elaborates further on Asgorath. "I don't understand everything myself, but Lord Asgorath made a pact with Mr. Bahamut to gain a small body. Mr. Bahamut believed Lord Asgorath's counsel and aid would help us against Ms. Tiamat, more so than his own blessing."
>> No. 78184 edit
"I haven't meet them yet, but they appear to be on our side" Sureiya nods. Then, he adds.
"Well, if we're to leave tomorrow, I should get some things readied. I'll meet you here at first hour tomorrow," the ranger says, as he leaves.
>> No. 78185 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
78185
Valanor nods, "Of course. If I may make a suggestion, now is probably a good time to make whatever purchases you feel are necessary and rest up." He looks around, then adds, "I'd like to find and converse with Elayne and Dala as well, to give you all a rest. ...And perhaps Asgorath, but that can wait until Torinn is available."
>> No. 78186 edit
>>78185
The shaman also nods. "Yes, I'll do that. When and where should we gather tomorrow?"

Once Valanor leaves, the shaman goes to the market as well.

Current main shopping list:
>Sending Fork - 1800 gp
>Secure Shelter - 1000 gp (if Rope Trick/Solace Bole cannot be found)
>Silent Image - 50 gp
>Stone Shape - 680 gp (if Passwall cannot be found)

On the lookout for any of the following:
>Crystal Ball (heroic tier) - 3400 gp
>Passwall - 2600 gp
>Reverse Portal - 2600 gp
>Rope Trick - 4500 gp
>Solace Bole - 2600 gp

I will need to confirm what is and isn't available before I subtract the costs, and also probably spend more gold on reagents.
Depending on player demand, a couple more lower-level rituals may also be purchased.
In the market, if the shaman runs into a party member, she will mention the meeting place and time for the next day.
After shopping, the shaman plans to Send to Sid using the Sending Fork and Ritual Points.
She can then use Sending two more times without spending reagents, which can probably be used to help communicate with other missing party members.


Last edited at 15/12/01(Tue)14:35:33
>> No. 78187 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
78187
Valanor shrugs and says, "Any place you wish, though in front of the Waterdeep keep would be convenient. I'll be ready in the early morning."

The shaman is able to locate and purchase a sending fork, and ritual books containing the the secure shelter, silent image, and stone shape rituals. She has some trouble wresting the books from the grasp of a greedy wizard vendor, until a nearby guard identifies Bernkastel as an associate of the Waterdeep councilors.

The rarer items seem to be nowhere to be found in Waterdeep. Contacting Sid reveals that he is standing by in Loudwater, and though his investigations have proven fruitful, he will need the party's assistance to proceed. He believes the people he spoke of earlier are in fact here, and investigating a location not far from the village. They have yet to make any hostile actions towards the townspeople, but he doesn't want to approach them or talk to them alone.
>> No. 78188 edit
>>78187
After shopping for some reagents, the shaman eventually heads off to a nearby inn, and aside from contacting Sid, begrudgingly Sends to each party member to inform them of the meeting in front of Waterdeep Keep. She then sets to reading one of the ritual books.

The shaman buys 2063.4 gp of alchemical reagents.

Four more Sendings, one each to Myn, Torinn, Sureiya, and Ramuh, telling them when and where we'll be meeting. First two are from Ritual Points, but the last two cost 100 gp of reagents total.

Mastering the Silent Image ritual for now.

>> No. 78189 edit
Myn replies in the affirmative and heads to an inn for the night.
>> No. 78190 edit
The ranger procures a few things and goes to rest in an inn.
Buy cold-weather clothing and 2 frozen whetstones, 210gp.
>> No. 78223 edit
Much later, in the inn, the shaman tries to commune with the spirit of Asgorath with a quick prayer.
>> No. 78224 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
78224
The diminutive dragon appears in response to the shaman's attempts at communion.

Thou seeketh counsel, child of a dead world?

>> No. 78225 edit
>>78224
The shaman bows as respectfully as she can, as do her two spirits, not manifested but visible to Asgorath. The two spirits seem glad to see Asgorath respond to the prayer, but the shaman maintains a serious expression.

"Hello, Lord Asgorath. Though the spirits have only now told me of our purpose here, it seems like you were already well aware. We would seek your help in reviving this dead world, by destroying the threats that plague it."
>> No. 78226 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
78226
Heh. Heh. Heh.


The tiny dragon-god seems amused by this proposal.

Ever dost man seeketh that beyond thy ken. There exists no world without threat. To revive, to protect, is an endless journey. An eternal devotion. What asketh thou of me?

>> No. 78227 edit
>>78226
After a brief pause to think through her words, the shaman continues.

"That world is ruled by Sorcerer-kings, unchecked tyrants who drain the life out of the land the primordials fought to defend. Athas needs a guardian, but the primordials of legend lay dormant, and are unable to act. ...The spirits still seek a method to travel back to that world, but I will find it eventually. And once you, Lord Asgorath, regain your full strength, it would not be a difficult matter for you to topple these destructive rulers and restore life of Athas."

The shaman pauses again, this time to bow before Asgorath with her spirits.

"To that end, we pledge our services to you. Would you help us?"

Last edited at 16/02/05(Fri)12:18:24
>> No. 78228 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
78228
I understand.


The dragon-god's voice booms in the shaman's mind, but it seems aware that it is speaking directly to the spirits rather than the human herself.

Power is thy wish. As ever, the world is unchanging. Very well, misbegotten pawn. Amuse me--fulfil thy role in the mortals' struggle for Toril, and perhaps thy wish shalt be granted.

>> No. 78229 edit
>>78228
The shaman looks up. "Thank you. We will do our part."
>> No. 78230 edit
File 144523736036.png - (117.16KB , 256x256 , asgorath minion.png )
78230
Without saying another word, the small dragon fades from view.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason