[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
We're back!

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 132970385667.png - (835.43KB , 1069x675 , SankisA.png )
8045 No. 8045 edit
A blast of heated air welcomes you as the stone doors swing open. The room is large--the ceiling is at least 50 feet above the ground, and the ground is covered in the same igneous rock you saw before. Engraved into the walls, the floor, and everywhere in sight are macabre scenes depicting screaming, burning humanoids, horrifying demons, wastelands, and seas of magma.

In the northeast and southwest corners of the rooms are eerie, glowing holes in the walls. They are a bit elevated, about 20 feet off the ground, but you cannot see beyond them. They glow with a strange orange-red light. Every now and then you think you hear something like a scream emanate from one of the glowing holes. Scattered throughout the room are a handful of what appear to be metal cages and shackles, though they are not currently in use. Additionally, there are the burned, unrecognizable husks of what appear to be humanoids.

In the ceiling, stretching across the middle of the room, is what appears to be pure fire, held back by a thin "skin" of some unknown substance. The fire contorts and moves as though it were burning something--or lots of somethings. It's very similar to the leyline you saw back in the cavern outside Baldur's Gate. Below that is a dais occupied by a wicked-looking throne fashioned of some sort of bone, with an armored dwarf sitting on it. The dwarf appears to be on fire, as his skin is charred and flames are erupting from his eyes, mouth, shoulders, and every crack in his armor. However, he appears perfectly calm despite this. Standing next to him is a hulking, wet-skinned creature inexplicably out of place in this realm of fire, and nevertheless if you were to compare it to something it looks like an oversized frog-like humanoid. It stares at you with eyes that seem to lack much intelligence, though the dwarf regards you frankly, saying, "Well, well, come in, come in! It be a long way tae tha surface, ye'know. I'm curious as tae how ye got in 'ere."

Dunegoneering for possible knowledge on the dwarf-like humanoid.
Arcana for information on the large, frog-like humanoid.

Expand all images
>> No. 8047 edit
Sariel regards the frog with some derision, before stepping forward, Roth trailing behind her.

"A slaad, is it?" the eladrin mentions. "Interesting choice of familiar. I presume you are Sankis."

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382889/ Frogledge
>> No. 8048 edit
File 130568883698.png - (85.87KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana1.png )
8048
Taking the dwarf words as an interesting way to threat, the ranger decide to reply.
"A long way to the surface? Oh darn, you think we can return before evening?"
Dungeonering check (lol 18) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382892/
>> No. 8049 edit
>>8048
Always thoughtful of her master's feelings, Roth whips Sureiya with a tentacle.
>> No. 8050 edit
>>8049
Softly, so as not to reduce his HP, even though Roth doesn't even know what HP is.
>> No. 8051 edit
File 131104581937.png - (117.74KB , 289x462 , bern76b.png )
8051
Curious, the shaman steps into the room.

"Hello. Are you really Mr. Sankis?"
>> No. 8052 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
8052
Look around after entering. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382908/
>> No. 8053 edit
File 13091654769.png - (10.83KB , 200x200 , 154845675121.png )
8053
Look around as well
Perception check: (28) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382909/

>> No. 8054 edit
>>8045
Sighing at the paladin's gung ho response and opening the door, Folka figures he has no choice other to enter the room with the rest of the party.

At Sankis' comments, he remarks,
"Do you really need us to tell you? I'm sure you have some way of knowing how we got here."


Insight Check:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3382910/

>> No. 8055 edit
File 129813594380.jpg - (311.75KB , 540x720 , seeingwithrabu.jpg )
8055
Myn steps into the room as well, surveying the decor with a smile.

"This place reminds me of home."
>> No. 8056 edit
File 131344653439.png - (23.17KB , 187x220 , sakutaro_glare.png )
8056
"Through the door," Torrin responds in a deadpan tone, checking the device again. Hopefully this will be the last stop they have to make down here.
>> No. 8057 edit
File 132971109188.png - (884.75KB , 1069x675 , SankisB.png )
8057
Dungeoneering: (Sureiya) Sankis looks like a dwarf--but not like any dwarf you've ever seen before. It's quite likely he possesses the normal traits for a dwarf--hardiness, resistance to being knocked prone and forced movement, but you have no idea what else he might be able to do. He appears twisted by the power of the elemental leyline.

Perception (Bernkastel, Sureiya): You don't see anything hidden. Everything seems as it appears.

Arcana (Sariel): This is a frog demon, some sort of ancient hellspawn that is native to the abyss. Those holes in the wall may be portals of sorts to the abyss. Ferocious, amphibious creatures, frog demons are not seen very often these days as their numbers have dwindled greatly in the post Spellplague era, and they were remarkably rare to begin with, usually only appearing in the deepest recesses of the Underdark, where such portals to the abyss could be found. All of those portals were thought to have closed in the Spellplague, however...

Insight: (Folka) Sankis seems gleeful and cordial, as if he's being honest with his words, but his attitude seems a bit erratic. He seems a bit on edge as well, as if expecting something dramatic to happen.

"Aye, I be Emperor Sankis, ruler of all dwarfkind!" declares the fiery dwarf, turning to face the adventurers head-on. "As fer how ye got 'ere, ahm afraid I doon't have a clue. But!" He puts to the frog demon. "My frog demon 'ere--never 'eard of a slaad, by tha way--brought me somethin' interestin'. Maybe ye could tell me what it is?"

The frog demon hoists up a large, stone disc that you instantly recognize as the stepping disc that teleported you here. You quickly realize that the fact that it's been moved is probably a bad thing. You also realize that the disk was very, very heavy--way too heavy for any normal humanoid to move by itself.
>> No. 8058 edit
Sariel eyes the stone disc.

"It looks like a stone disc to me," she answers coolly.
>> No. 8063 edit
File 132977303580.png - (38.35KB , 128x128 , frog demon.png )
8063
Sariel: (Monster Knowledge) Frog demons are vicious, nasty opponents in combat. They are aquatic creatures, meaning they have an advantage over non-aquatic creatures in aquatic combat. ...This doesn't seem terribly relevant here. However, they are quite strong, and have a very specific method of attack, which would be nice if it wasn't so powerful (level 8 lurker).
The frog demon's basic attack is a slam attack, which tends to leave the target a bit waterlogged (slam is their basic melee attack, which deals some damage and slows until the end of the frog demon's next turn). The start of their ferocity is when they conjure a savage whirlpool in the midst of battle, pulling anything within to the center and making it quite difficult to escape. In the process, the frog demon vanishes. (The frog demon's whirlpool removes it from play, and creates a a zone in a close burst 2 that is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures, it also attacks the Fortitude of every creature in the zone upon creation which, on a hit, pulls the target up to 3 squares towards the center of the zone). It will then leap out of the whirlpool unexpectedly, striking down an unfortunate soul still trapped within or near the whirlpool (the frog demon's from the depths can only be used when it is removed from play by whirlpool, it causes the frog demon to return to play within the whirlpool and immediately attack an adjacent enemy for a very large amount of damage, and knocks them prone). If you have a chance to escape from the frog demon's whirlpool, you should do it quickly (since both of these attacks are standard actions, you have time to avoid them).

>> No. 8064 edit
"It sure is a stone disc. Can't read anything on it, though," Torinn remarks. He moves in while trying to maintain an air of calmness to avoid provoking them into attacking.

When he's certain neither the dwarf nor the frog demon notice it, though, he taps Myn and Folka on the shoulder, Rutger baring his fangs meaningfully where neither of their possible enemies can see.

Of all people, he wants to skip diplomacy and have them put down while they suspect nothing.

>> No. 8065 edit
"See, even the wise paladin agrees," Sariel nods.
>> No. 8068 edit
File 132978231090.png - (18.86KB , 158x118 , b2.png )
8068
Stone disc, yup.

The shaman walks over to the burnt corpse nearby, briefly examines it, and turns to look at what made the screaming noise.


We're out of initiative, right? I'm assuming we are when I take these actions.

Speak with Spirits, and Dungeoneering for Sankis. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3383951/
Then I'll move to L-60, and move the elemental spirit to L-61. Spirit companion to F-59, elevation 1.

>> No. 8070 edit
dorfcheck: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3384121/
>> No. 8071 edit
>>8057
"It's as the others say. Not that I'd know anyway, stone discs aren't my forte." Folka remarks as he moves over near Bernkastel to seemingly see what she's inspecting, but in reality, to get ready to either protect or attack at a moments notice.


Move to M-61

>> No. 8072 edit
Having some fun before dealing with the bad guy? Why not!
"Your pet doesn't have a good taste with it's toys. That one looks rather heavy!"
>> No. 8073 edit
File 132979448871.png - (1.21MB , 1069x675 , SankisC.png )
8073
"Really! Hmmm," Sankis considers, looking over at the disc with his hand on his chin. "Could've sworn ah sens'd somethin' magical aboot it. Maybe I could try tossin' it inta one of the glowin' pits? Thas always fun. It probably won't scream like the other things did."

Sariel (Leyline Knowledge): The leyline's connection here is extremely strong. Certainly strong enough to perform the ritual. Someone well-attuned to it could probably channel the leyline's power to some effect here as well...

Sariel and Bernkastel (Knowledge): You know all that Surieya does, but unfortunately little else. Sankis appears to be a level 8 elite brute and is highly resistant to fire. Beyond the normal dwarven traits, you cannot guess the nature of his powers, except that they are likely fire-based.
>> No. 8076 edit
File 129625045160.png - (26.45KB , 147x185 , diplomaticimmunity.png )
8076
Noticing everyone seems to be in agreement, Torinn 'wanders' over to the nearby fire pit, pretending to peer over.

"Go right ahead, then, it probably won't scream, though." Torinn remarks. Rutger gets ready to charge, Torinn remaining placid and composed.

Move to P/Q 65/66
Ready action : Charge Sankis with Holy Smite when negotiations start breaking down

>> No. 8078 edit
File 129956272039.png - (87.97KB , 243x357 , spear.png )
8078
Upon considering everything she knows, the shaman comes to a conclusion and sends quick signals to the effect of 'attack with me', 'attack the frog', and 'spread out'.

- EDITED -

Prestidigitation: explain the opening move without letting Sankis see.

Before Hunger of Hadar, Torinn can charge and daze Sankis, as he wanted to. That way, we'll make sure he doesn't come out of that zone.

Both Sariel and Myn need to cast an area burst spell each (preferrably Phantom Chasm and Hunger of Hadar) and catch both enemies at once. Myn needs to move up a bit to be in range.

The melee fighters EXCEPT TORINN need to be standing in charging range of the frog demon, not Sankis. The reason is that Sankis will be in the Hunger of Hadar zone, and thus out of line of sight. Anyway, they should ready charge actions.

All of these actions should be Readied Actions. The trigger will be me casting Vengeful Elementals. The frog is the focus fire target, until it disappears. Then we attack Sankis until we can hit the frog again.

Now's the last chance to post any objections.

Good luck etc.

>> No. 8079 edit
Getting the Shaman signal, the ranger prepares for the action. "Hmm, she's good at this"
"Yeah, forget about that rock. Now let's talk about this place. I am no expert here but even I can notice there's something powerful here. Say, what is this place?"
If we are still out of initiative I will move to F-62
Also, I will ready a charge against the frog as soon Bern make the signal.

>> No. 8080 edit
Taking notice of the shaman, Myn quietly steps forward into position.

Move to G-60. Ready dat action.
>> No. 8101 edit
File 132985879832.png - (1.07MB , 1069x675 , SankisD.png )
8101
Sankis regards the adventurers positioning themselves with no small amount of suspicion.

"'Ey! Well, tha does sound rather fun, but what're ye in 'ere fer anyway, eh? This be my realm, and ah've noticed you've been fightin' yer way down fer some reason. Thas the one thing I kant figure out!" the burning dwarf asks in a rather loud voice, glaring at the nearby paladin and his mount through narrowed eyes. The frog demon lurches forward a bit, hopping off the railing surrounding the throne and holding the stepping disk out haphazardly.
>> No. 8102 edit
File 129788612424.png - (38.88KB , 208x207 , bobblehead.png )
8102
"Official world-saving business," Torinn says bluntly. That more or less summed it up.
>> No. 8103 edit
File 132970319571.png - (36.07KB , 128x128 , Sankis.png )
8103
>>8102
"Interestin'. Mind elaboeratin' a bit?"
>> No. 8104 edit
>>8103
Torinn points upward at the leyline. "You see that thing? We need to do something to it, else there will be a great calamity."
>> No. 8106 edit
"Hmm, as soon he gets angry he will probably summon some of his minions. This will not do"
"Oh, it's nothing serious really. The lady here will cast a simple ritual and we shall move."
>> No. 8108 edit
File 132985879832.png - (1.07MB , 1069x675 , SankisE.png )
8108
"Oh? Ye and me, we're kindred then!" the dwarf replies, laughing heartily. "Tha thing up there, ahm gonna use tha tae cause a great calamity! Funny how tha works out, eh?"
>> No. 8110 edit
>>8108
Figures.
"...How?"
>> No. 8111 edit
File 132970319571.png - (36.07KB , 128x128 , Sankis.png )
8111
"Wit' this, it'll be easy tae flood tha world wit' magma! Then I'll carve a new dwarven empire, like tha ones of old, wit' tha worthy survivors!" Sankis pronounces, hopping off his throne and striking a dramatic pose. "All thas left is tae finishing mining out tha tunnels needed fer tha magma flooding device. It's always fallin' behind schedule, though! Too many spontaneous combustions amongst tha labor force. Ya'know how tha is, aye?"
>> No. 8119 edit
File 132995785053.jpg - (184.35KB , 360x480 , I Hurt Myself Today.jpg )
8119
>>8111
"No, I don't." Torinn paces around Sankis, responding coldly, "Because I'm not a monster like you, I'm an adventurer." The cavalier levels his blade at the deep dwarf, growling "And do you know what adventurers do to monsters? We slay them."

Letting out a roar, Rutger rears back as Torinn charges down Sankis, prepared to slash him. The tiger makes a mighty leap as the cavalier spears his foe with a shaft of light, then hits him hard enough to knock him for a loop.

Move back to R/S-66/67
Charge Sankis with Holy Smite : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3386738/ (29, 14)
Athletics check to jump : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3386746/ (26)
End movement at O/P-66/67

>> No. 8121 edit
Audio 114_Battle_2.mp3 - (4.70MB , 114 Battle 2.mp3 )
8121
Torinn and his mount leap forward, and the paladin's blade slashes into the somewhat surprised dwarf, and he yelps in pain. The holy power infused in his sword leaves Sankis a bit distracted--but not so much that he doesn't immediately react.

Suddenly, in a flash of flame, the throne and the platform it was sitting on disappear. You all lose sight of both Sankis and the mounted Torinn for a moment, as all you can see is flame, and the whole cavern shakes. The leyline glows brightly at the same time, and you all completely lose focus on what you were going to do. The door behind you slams shut, and howls emerge from the demon pits. From the wall to the north-east, two beings made of flame emerge. They are vaguely humanoid, but more look like a living flame with two bulky arms. They fly effortlessly through the air, and hover far above the cavern floor. From the southwestern glowing hole, a fleshy, wet mass of tentacles emerging from an eyeball crawls out. It is massive, heaving, ugly, and the tentacles are quite long. It gurgles faintly.

The flames dissappate, and Sankis reappears, holding a bulky double-ended axe with both hands. The flames covering his body have intensified, and emanate from the blade of his weapon as well. "Ye've made a big mistake, mate. Prepare tae die!"

Torinn's basic attack with holy smite hits for 8 damage plus 6 radiant damage, and Sankis is dazed until the end of Torinn's next turn.
The whole room quakes as the Sankis's emotions are poured into the leyline. All readied actions are cancelled. Initiative to follow.

>> No. 8126 edit
File 132995931215.png - (1.11MB , 1069x675 , SankisF.png )
8126
The party begins to get their bearings together, but it's obvious that any plan of an initial strike has been lost. The monk is the first one to regain enough sense to act.

Folka's turn. Monster initiative is hidden.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-60) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-61) 48/48 HP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (L-60) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (O/P-67/68) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (O/P-67/68) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-62) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (F-58, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (L-60) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) -14 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (I/J-68/69)
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (Q/R-60/61)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (F-74, Elevation 4)
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (I-76, Elevation 4)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
Monster initiative is hidden until they first act in combat, to discourage metagaming.
>> No. 8129 edit
File 130297183511.jpg - (26.37KB , 400x500 , All By Myself Don\'t Wanna Be All By Myself.jpg )
8129
Torinn draws a blank. The monsters are almost completely unfamiliar, save for maybe the tentacle'd abomination. It was likely mentioned in passing in one of the poem collections. They just called it a "tentacle demon", didn't they?

"Knowledge" check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3386780/
>> No. 8132 edit
Myn attempts to figure out what that guy's doing and what that thing is.

Arcana knowledge checks: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3386789/
>> No. 8134 edit
>>8132

Another arcana check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3386815/
>> No. 8135 edit
File 132996211097.jpg - (235.85KB , 810x1080 , Strike the earth.jpg )
8135
Sadly, Torinn has never encountered any detailed mention of such creatures in his reading, nor does he know about the elemental leylines. Myn knows abit, though.

Myn (Monster Knowledge) Spirits of fire are quick and flighty skirmishers that dash through the battlefield, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. These demons are rarely mentioned in arcane lore and are closer to actual elementals than demons. They are level 8 skirmishers. They can fly and hover. They are very resistant to fire, but cold energy will stop them in their tracks.
The tentacle demon is another aberrant creature that is from a bygone age. It uses its long tentacles to pull creatures in, and then teleports away, thrashing and hurling creatures away as it does so. It is a level 8 controller, and it has a melee reach of 3. It can teleport as a standard method of movement, though only a short distance. It is not particularly resistant or vulnerable to the elements.
As for Sankis's connection to the leyline, you can guess that the leyline gives Sankis immense control over all fire energy nearby. He may use it to conjure jets of flame from the ground, which will shortly thereafter erupt in a massive burst of flame, leaving anything nearby horribly burned. You unfortunately do not know the details of this power, though you guess that it has the conjuration keyword and takes 1 round to go off.

>> No. 8142 edit
"Good thing. I was growing tired of all this diplomacy!"
Dungeonering: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3386891/
>> No. 8145 edit
The battle has begun, but Folka doesn't look phased. He calmly takes a deep breath and begins to speak.

"You're clearly insane, and even though my words probably aren't going to be listened to by you, but I'm compelled to do so anyway. You're the only one who's made a mistake here! Trying to cause a great calamity with forces any of us can't possibly comprehend, you're no better than..." Folka trails off as he mutters to himself,"him."

"Prepare yourself, Sankis. You will receive punishment for your misdeeds."


Minor Action:Centered Defense stance
Move Action:Movement technique from OtGoB, move to M-68
Standard Action:Open the Gate of Battle vs Sankis' Reflex
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3387055/
Flurry of blows, no shift, 4 damage no action

>> No. 8147 edit
File 132997671580.png - (1.11MB , 1069x675 , SankisG.png )
8147
Sureiya knows all that Myn does about the demons.

Adopting a defensive stance, the monk leaps into the fray, smacking Sankis firmly in the face, and a sequence of quick strikes that soften him up some more. Sankis crouches, and now seems to be bleeding slightly. His blood itself catches aflame.

Folka uses centered defenses, gaining a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the stance ends. He then uses open the gate of battle's movement technique and attack technique, which hits Sankis for 20 damage, plus 4 damage from flurry of blows.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-60) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 48/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (L-60) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (O/P-67/68) 58/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (O/P-67/68) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-62) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (F-58, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (L-60) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -39 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (I/J-68/69)
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (Q/R-60/61)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (F-74, Elevation 4)
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (I-76, Elevation 4)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
Monster initiative is hidden until they first act in combat, to discourage metagaming.
>> No. 8158 edit
File 131729193551.png - (251.20KB , 661x478 , 131649829551.png )
8158
"Hey you! Stop playing with the leyline! If you break it before we can use the ritual this will get quite bad!"
As the ranger show off his ignorance about magic a stuff he also bring hell to that terrible pet of the Sankis.
"I shall take care of the frog beast! Someone take care of the fire demons! They look pretty anyoning!"
Movement action: move to J-67
Minor action: Quarry the frog
Standard action: Jaws of the wolf against the frog.
Attack rolls: (30,26) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3387584/
Damage rolls (Adding hunter quarry and Furious assault): (28,27,1,3 = 59 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3387588/

>> No. 8161 edit
File 133003048124.png - (1.12MB , 1069x675 , SankisH.png )
8161
Sureiya, also quick to recover from the shockwave, chooses his target and dashes to confront the frog demon, tearing a pair of savage wounds in its flesh. The abomination gurgles loudly, its blood splashing all over the ground around it.

The leyline glows with power, and you can see bits of Sankis's fiery essence rise to meet the leyline. It seems empowered by his wounds. The ground near the two groups of adventurers rumbles, and suddenly, large jets of flame shoot from the cracks between the ground. The ground near these flames looks quite volatile, as if it will erupt in a fiery explosion any moment.

The frog demon, for its part, reacts to the attack by conjuring a massive whirlpool around itself, then diving into it, disappearing from sight. The rushing waves tug at Sureiya for a moment, but the stalwart half-orc resist its pull.

Torinn manages to recover as well, despite being very close to the center of the action. However, his close proximity to the flame jet causes him to be slightly scorched.

Sureiya moves and places his quarry on the frog demon. His jaws of the wolf hits the frog demon twice with furious assault for 32 damage and 27 damage. This bloodies the frog demon outright.
The elemental leyline conjures two flame jets on its turn, consuming Sankis's burning blood charge. See the notes for the flame jet details.
The frog demon uses whirlpool, removing itself from play. Its attack misses Sureiya. Torinn takes 5 fire damage from the flame jet. Rutger does as well but he resists it.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-60) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 48/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (L-60) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (O/P-67/68) 53/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (O/P-67/68) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (F-62) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (F-58, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (L-60) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 0, -39 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (Q/R-60/61)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (F-74, Elevation 4)
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (I-76, Elevation 4)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
Monster initiative is hidden until they first act in combat, to discourage metagaming.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8162 edit
File 133003150417.png - (174.14KB , 503x399 , incredibly tall.png )
8162
"That tickles," Torinn remarks, moving away from the flame jets. Rutger snarls and blocks the path going east, Torinn spearing Sankis with light again. With an almost serene expression, he slashes at the deep dwarf.
Minor : Virtue
Move : N/O-69/70
Standard : Valiant Strike w/ Holy Smite
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3387667/ (28, 13)

>> No. 8163 edit
File 133003294657.png - (1.12MB , 1069x675 , SankisI.png )
8163
The paladin's divine smite again strikes firmly at Sankis, leaving him feeling a bit dazed. As Sankis accumulates more wounds, the fire that the leyline absorbed before seems to be rekindled.

One of the spirits of fire flies effortlessly across the room, briefly swooping down near the paladin long enough to set him ablaze, before flickering to the opposite end of the room in the blink of an eye.

Torinn uses virtue, spending a healing surge to gain 19 temporary hit points. He then moves.
His valiant strike with holy smite hits for 7 damage plus 6 radiant damage, and dazing Sankis until the end of Torinn's next turn.
Spirit of fire moves to N-71, elevation 1, triggering Rutger's immediate reaction. It then uses burn everything to use slam, which hits Torinn for 10 fire damage plus ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends). It then flies its speed away without provoking opportunity attacks as part of burn everything.
It then shifts 4 squares as a minor action using flickering flame.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-60) 50/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 48/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (L-60) 47/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 53/58 HP + 9 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-67) 55/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 51/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (F-58, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (L-60) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -52 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (Q/R-60/61)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (F-74, Elevation 4)
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
Monster initiative is hidden until they first act in combat, to discourage metagaming.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8164 edit
Rutger's reflexes are too slow to hit the nimble flame spirit.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3387702/ (14, 10)
>> No. 8179 edit
Sariel's seen these creatures before.

ARCANA on Flame Imps and Tentacles.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3389268/

>> No. 8180 edit
File 133014058946.png - (925B , 457x21 , This is a story all about how my life got turned u.png )
8180
Sariel: (Arcana) You know all about these creatures that Myn does. In addition, you know that the tentacle demon has a reach of 3, and its basic tentacle slap pulls creatures 2 squares towards the demon. When it uses tentacle grab (an at-will but not basic attack), it uses slap but also grabs the target. However, the demon possesses the supernatural ability to take creatures with it when it teleports (demonic grip allows the tentacle demon to teleport all adjacent grabbed creatures with it when it teleports, the creatures remain grabbed). It is known to thrash about occasionally (thrash is a recharge power), flailing its tentacles all about, and possibly tossing a creature it has grabbed and slamming it into another creature (if it hits a creature it has grabbed when it uses thrash, it can end the grab to knock that creature prone and slide it 4 squares to a square adjacent to an enemy it didn't hit with thrash, then make a secondary attack against that enemy, which deals some damage and knocks prone). It also pays attention to every direction at once with its large eye (it has all-around vision, you can't gain combat advantage by flanking it).
The spirits of flame is somewhat vulnerable to cold, and will be immobilized if it is hit with cold damage. Its basic slam attack deals some fire damage and ongoing fire damage. When it uses burn everything, it flies or moves its speed without provoking opportunity attacks, using slam at any point during the move. It can also slip away at a moment's notice (flickering flame allows it to shift 4 squares a minor action, once per turn). When it expires, it explodes with a fiery vengeance (when it dies, combust deals hefty fire damage and ongoing fire damage in a close burst 3).

>> No. 8185 edit
The shaman takes a moment to reassess.

Delaying one turn.
>> No. 8186 edit
File 133022537712.png - (1.32MB , 1069x675 , SankisJ.png )
8186
When the shaman hesitates, the demons take the initiative, with the flame demon attempting to burn the ranger but missing severely. It settles for hovering near his space. The tentacle demon, on the other hand, lurches forward and catches the shaman in a crushing grab with one tentacle, pulling her to it and closer to the fray.

Myn is burned slightly by the nearby flame jet--or would be if not for the protection of his pact with his book imp.

Bernkastel delays.
Spirit of fire 1 moves and uses burn everything, but misses Sureiya with slam. It moves a few squares over and hovers. Bernkastel continues to delay.
Tentacle demon moves and uses tentacle grab, which hits Bernkastel for 14 damage and pulls her 2 squares, and she is grabbed by the tentacle demon.
Myn takes 5 fire damage from flame jet but resists it.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (G-60) 50/50 + 4 Temporary HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 48/48 HP + 4 Temporary HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 33/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 57/58 HP + 9 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP + 4 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-67) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 51/51 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 25/25 HP + 4 Temporary HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (F-58, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (L-60) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -52 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-60/61)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (J-66, Elevation 1)
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
Monster initiative is hidden until they first act in combat, to discourage metagaming.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8187 edit
Sariel does something useless.

Dim Useless: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3390685/
>> No. 8188 edit
"Warlock," Sariel directs, pointing her blade at the nearby fire spirit. "Those elementals are fire affinity. If you have any way to bring the winter's cold to them, do it now and halt their movements."
>> No. 8189 edit
File 13302277836.jpg - (67.93KB , 600x338 , 1324276372859.jpg )
8189
Moving beneath a flame spirit into the center of the chaotic battle, Myn turns to launch a psychic attack at the demon, straining his mind to ensure a hit as he channels the freezing power of his new gloves.


Move action: Move to M-64.
Minor action: Curse Spirit of Fire 2.
Cast Shared Agony against Spirit of Fire 2.

Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3390713/
Reroll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3390717/

Damage: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3390730/

>> No. 8190 edit
File 133023103378.png - (1.32MB , 1069x675 , SankisK.png )
8190
For a moment, it seemed like the creature was going to resist Myn's efforts, but a small price is all it takes to make sure the flame spirit feels the full effect of Myn's vicious psychic attack. His gloves add some cold energy to the effect, and the elemental seems to flicker wildly and lose its ability to move.

Myn moves and places his curse on spirit 2. He then uses shared agony, which misses but the reroll (which makes him take 7 damage) hits for 13 damage plus 8 cold damage, which immobilizes the spirit of fire 2 until the end of its next turn.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 48/48 HP + 4 Temporary HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 33/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 57/58 HP + 9 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP + 4 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-67) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 51/51 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 25/25 HP + 4 Temporary HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (F-58, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (L-60) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -52 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-60/61)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (J-66, Elevation 1)
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -21 HP, immobilized

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
Monster initiative is hidden until they first act in combat, to discourage metagaming.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8191 edit
Attempting to use the damaged spirit as a vector for his curse, Myn attacks again, hoping to weaken it further.

(AP) Standard action: Cast Spiteful Glamor against Spirit of Fire 2.

Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3390834/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3390836/

>> No. 8192 edit
File 133023377737.png - (1.32MB , 1069x675 , SankisL.png )
8192
Myn reaches into his deepest reserves of strength to unleash one more attack on the hapless demon--and though it was clearly affected by the attack, it still seems to be quite in the fight.

Myn spends an action point! Myn's spiteful glamor hits the spirit of fire for 17 psychic damage.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 48/48 HP + 4 Temporary HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 33/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 57/58 HP + 9 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP + 4 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-67) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 51/51 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 25/25 HP + 4 Temporary HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (F-58, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (L-60) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -52 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-60/61)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (J-66, Elevation 1)
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -38 HP, immobilized

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
Monster initiative is hidden until they first act in combat, to discourage metagaming.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8193 edit
File 131692195438.png - (79.40KB , 200x200 , Vengeful Elemental.png )
8193
The shaman realizes too late that the moment's hesitation was a mistake.

"Help us!"

With the primordial whisper, she calls to the most powerful elemental spirits she knows. As before, fire archons emerge from walls of flame to aid the group.

Move action: Elemental Spirit to N-63 elevation 1 and Spirit Companion to K-63 elevation 1.
Standard action: Vengeful Elementals. Ranged, and unfortunately, combat caster doesn't apply. OA etc.
>K-66 elevation 1
>M-64 elevation 1
>M-69 elevation 1
>N-68 elevation 1
Minor action: to be decided after the OA resolves.

>> No. 8197 edit
File 133027921883.png - (1.47MB , 1069x675 , SankisM.png )
8197
As the shaman's spirits move into position, she calls forth a horde of elemental warriors to assist in the coming battle. The tentacle demon spots an opening and slaps her heavily with a free tentacle, and the shaman is now bleeding from the face.

Bernkastel moves her two spirits.
Bernkastel uses vengeful elementals, which provokes an OA. The tentacle demon's tentacle slap hits Bernkastel for 9 damage, which bloodies her. Her vengeful elementals are summoned, granting a +1 power bonus to melee attacks for adjacent allies.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 48/48 HP + 4 Temporary HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 23/47 HP (Bloodied), grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 57/58 HP + 9 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP + 4 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-67) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 51/51 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 25/25 HP + 4 Temporary HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -52 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-60/61)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (J-66, Elevation 1)
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -38 HP, immobilized

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
Monster initiative is hidden until they first act in combat, to discourage metagaming.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8201 edit
File 12989609891.png - (10.42KB , 200x200 )
8201
Minor action: Inspiring Word for me. Surge value (11) plus roll result plus healer's brooch (11)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3391802/

I should have started at 24 HP, so 46 HP now.

A Vengeful Elemental adds +1 power bonus to any attack rolls and +1d6 damage to melee damage rolls for any adjacent ally.

>> No. 8202 edit
File 133030162537.png - (1.47MB , 1069x675 , SankisN.png )
8202
The shaman gives herself a pep talk, restoring some of her fighting spirit.

Sankis growls, and lashes out at the nearby paladin with his double-ended axe. The blow misses Torinn, but a flaming trail from it still burns the dragonborn slightly. Sankis seems to stab himself with the other end of the axe, which strikes you as a bit odd.

The shield the shaman set up before the fight helps to protect Sariel and Roth from the nearby flame jet, and they regain their senses.

Bernkastel uses inspiring word, spending a surge to regain 24 hit points.
Sankis uses double edge, which misses Torinn for 6 fire damage. Sankis takes 12 damage.
Sariel and Roth take 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 48/48 HP + 4 Temporary HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 46/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 57/58 HP + 3 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP + 4 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-67) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -64 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-60/61)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (J-66, Elevation 1)
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -38 HP, immobilized

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
Monster initiative is hidden until they first act in combat, to discourage metagaming.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8203 edit
Sariel moves away from the biting flames, Roth quickly trailing behind her.

"You, Folka. Move away from the whirlpool," she instructs in Elven, then continuing in Common, "Sureiya, get out of that whirlpool, unless you want to be that frog's dinner. Go help the shaman, or something."

As she talks, her projected warriors commencing a fierce assault on the immobilised fire spirit, seeking to take it out of the fight quickly.

Move Action: Sariel to I-64. Roth to H-63.
Standard: Winged Horde on J-62.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3391865/
Minor: Mark J-66.

I might Action Point if this doesn't Bloody the fire spirit.

>> No. 8205 edit
File 133030663521.png - (1.47MB , 1069x675 , SankisO.png )
8205
After Sariel and her companion escape the flame jet, she turns to the flying spirit of flame and unleashes a horde of distracting illusionary warriors. The illusion seems to have had quite the effect on the spirit of fire, and it now flickers at an irregular rate. The mage then places a shielding aegis on the other spirit of fire.

Sariel and Roth move.
Sariel's winged horde hits spirit of fire 2 for 12 psychic damage, which bloodies it and it can't take OAs until the end of Sariel's next turn. Myn's rod of corruption allows his curse to spread.
Sariel uses aegis of shielding on spirit of fire 1.
Folka takes 5 fire damage from the flame jet.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 46/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 57/58 HP + 3 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP + 4 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-67) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -64 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-60/61), Cursed (Myn)
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (J-66, Elevation 1), Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -50 HP, immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8206 edit
File 131120622295.jpg - (131.02KB , 689x858 , Sorceress in Gold.jpg )
8206
"Folka, change of plans!" Sariel calls out suddenly in Elven. "Let's prioritise rescuing the shaman. Leave the flaming mongrel to the paladin. I'll create an opportunity."

As she speaks, the mage conjures an orb of gravity, briefly levitating above her palm before it flashes: a similar, but much large gravitational sphere appears over the tentacle demon, exerting impressive force to push the creature to the ground, holding it in place.

"Folka! Now!"

Action Point!
Standard Action: Phantom Chasm, centred on N-62, elevation 1. Floating gravity sphere. On a hit, prone target and immobilise (save ends). On a miss, half damage and prone target.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3391993/

>> No. 8208 edit
File 133030993756.png - (1.23MB , 1069x675 , SankisP.png )
8208
Sariel quickly tosses in another action--conjuring some weird illusionary gravity sphere or something equally silly. The tentacle demon is just as confused by this as the rest of the adventurers, and flattens itself on the ground to avoid it.

Sariel spends an action point! Sariel's phantom chasm hits the tentacle demon for 20 psychic damage, and the tentacle demon falls prone and is immobilized until the end of its next turn.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (M-68) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 46/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 57/58 HP + 3 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP + 4 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-67) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -64 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-60/61) -20 HP, Cursed (Myn), prone, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (J-66, Elevation 1), Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -50 HP, immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8210 edit
>>8208
Groaning to himself at the Shaman's hesitation causing her to get caught, Folka reluctantly follows the direction of Sariel and moves to attack the tentacle demon to help free Bernkastel.

He tries striking it and although effective, Folka doesn't do much other than get the strange substance from the demon all over his arm. He makes an audible "Eugh" noise while somehow moving the creature towards the battlefield.



Move to Q-62
Standard Action:Monk basic attack vs tentacle demon's reflex
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3392006/
Flurry of blows for 4 damage, slide one square east
Daze with surprise strike
IF I FALL INTO THE FIERY PIT I WILL KILL YOU ALL

>> No. 8212 edit
File 133031258763.png - (1.23MB , 1069x675 , SankisQ.png )
8212
Folka darts away from Sankis, and pounces on the fallen tentacle demon with a savage flurry of attacks, which seems to have dazed it a bit.

Folka moves and uses monk basic attack, which hits for 7 damage, plus 4 damage from his flurry of blows, sliding it 1 square. He also uses surprise strike to dazed it.

Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 46/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 57/58 HP + 3 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP + 4 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (J-67) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 1, -64 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (Removed from play) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -31 HP, Cursed (Myn), prone, immobilized, dazed
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (J-66, Elevation 1), Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -50 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8214 edit
File 132243747184.png - (153.21KB , 1000x1000 , 2011112307.png )
8214
"Agh, where the hell is that damn frog!? Oh Bernkastel, this is no time to play with the evil tentacle monster."
"Hey Shaman, you seem to be busy with that lovely monster, can I join as well?"
Standard action: Marauder rush against the tentacle monster (causing no OAs), ending movement at N-63 (20 points of damage)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3392325/
Alright evil tentacle die plz
Action point! Twin strike against the tentacle! (one miss and a hit for 19 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3392335/
By the way, I'm using disruptive strike if possible when the tentacle attempts to attack.

>> No. 8219 edit
File 133039395229.png - (1.27MB , 1069x675 , SankisQ.png )
8219
The ranger charges into the fray, slashing heavily at the tentacle demon over and over again with incredible ferocity. The monstrosity is now looking quite wounded, blood seeping from its abhorrent flesh.

Suddenly, the ground surrounding the flame jets erupts noisily into shallow pits of fire. This pits of flame seem to linger, and drawing on Sankis's power, two new flame jets emerge from the ground.

The frog demon emerges from the whirlpool it created, but finding no targets, it slinks to the back of the room, hoping to go unnoticed. Its whirlpool disappears.

Sureiya charges with marauder's rush, which hits for 20 damage. He then uses an action point, using twin strike, which hits once for 19 damage and misses once.
The elemental leyline's flame jet zones explore into fiery zones that linger. It then absorbs one charge of Burning Blood from Sankis and creates two new flame jets.
The frog demon uses from the depths to return to play. Finding no targets for its attack, it uses a move action to move away.
Torinn takes 5 fire damage from the flame jet, plus ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 46/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 50/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (N/O-69/70) 29/29 HP + 4 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-63) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 0, -64 HP, dazed
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -70 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), prone, immobilized, dazed
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (J-66, Elevation 1), Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -50 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8220 edit
File 130386602757.png - (18.98KB , 200x200 , saku_laugh.png )
8220
"You're becoming a pain, you little gnomish lawn ornament," Torinn growls, recklessly slashing at Sankis while Rutger tries to pin him. It occurs to him that sticking around might not be a good idea with those things exploding like they are. The fire pits look rather nasty. So when his hit connects, he digs deep and gives a portion of his inner reserves to enervate the dwarf Torrin overexerts himself by getting in close and cleaving off the fiery dwarf's beard, leaving him suddenly short one beard and numb with shock.

A blast of lightning erupts from his gullet and electrifies the deep dwarf, putting his divine sanction on him. For now, Torinn orders Rutger away from the fiery area and moves close enough to threaten the nearest spirit of fire. He adopts an aggressive stance and beckons Sankis to move towards him with a taunt and a very smug grin.
"Now come and get me," he sneers, "if you've still got the stones for it, peachfuzz!"
Standard Action :http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3393689/ (35, 9)
Free Action : Item Daily. Spend healing surge to weaken Sankis until end of next turn.
AP : Battle Pounce : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3393704/ (23, 22)
Minor Action : Dragon Breath (26, 8)
Move Action : K/L-67/68, avoiding the fire zone
Save : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3393732/ (3)

>> No. 8222 edit
File 133041441344.png - (1.26MB , 1069x675 , SankisR.png )
8222
Torinn has his fun, slicing into the dfiery dwarf's beard, weakening Sankis with his weapon's power, then breathing lightning on him. However, when the giant cat rakes him with a battle pounce, Sankis's anger explodes in the form of a big burst of fire, scorching both Torinn and Rutger and leaving them quite vulnerable to further burning. Torinn immediately fails to stop being on fire.

One of the spirits of fire is left impotent, but the one that can attack attempts to harass Torinn, but fails miserably. It then escapes, flying high into the air.

The tentacle demon, prone and being ganged up upon, thrashes in every direction with its tentacles.

Torinn's valiant strike hits Sankis for 9 damage, then uses his sacrificial longsword to weaken Sankis until the end of his next turn by spending a surge.
Torinn's dragon breath also hits Sankis for 8 lightning damage, and Sankis is sanctioned until the end of Torinn's next turn.
Torinn spends an action point, and uses battle pounce, which hits Sankis for 22 damage. This triggers Sankis's spontaneous combustion (a close burst 3 attack), which hits Torinn for 6 fire damage (reduced from 12), and hits Rutger for 1 fire damage (reduced from 12). Both take a -3 penalty to saving throws against ongoing fire damage until they fail a save. Random chance: Sankis loses his Burning Blood charges.
Torinn then moves and fails his save against ongoing fire damage.
Spirit of fire 2 can't do anything, unless I be cheesy and have it ready an action.
Spirit of fire 1 uses burn everything, allowing it to use slam against Torinn, but misses, and move its speed without provoking OAs (assuming you don't want to override aegis with a mark).
Tentacle demon uses thrash and I assume Sureiya wants to interrupt.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): 16
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 46/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 44/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/29 HP + 3 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-63) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 0, -102 HP, weakened
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -70 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn), prone, immobilized, dazed
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -50 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8223 edit
File 130065297310.png - (37.67KB , 640x480 , over9000hoursinphotoshop.png )
8223
"Oh no, I won't let you do that!"
Interrupt: Disruptive strike -5 attack penalty to trash. (17 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3393966/
>> No. 8233 edit
File 133046014957.png - (1.26MB , 1069x675 , SankisS.png )
8233
In the moment before the tentacle demon thrashes everyone nearby, Sureiya sees an opening and stabs it in its eye. It lets loose a horrid screech, and stops moving, the tentacle around "Bernkastel" loosening its grip.

Sureiya's disruptive strike hits the tentacle demon for 17 damage, killing it.
Myn takes 5 fire damage but resists it.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (M-64) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, concealment (shadow walk)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 46/47 HP, grabbed (immobilized)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 44/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/29 HP + 3 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-63) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 0, -102 HP, weakened
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -50 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8247 edit
>>8233

Myn continues to assault the flame spirit with chilliness, finally managing to direct a curse at Sankis as well.

Standard action: Cast Spiteful Glamor against Spirit of Fire 2.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3394729/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3394734/

Move action: Move to L-65.
Minor action: Curse Sankis.

>> No. 8248 edit
File 133047594853.png - (1.26MB , 1069x675 , SankisT.png )
8248
Myn shifts slightly towards the northeast (though this limited movement does not grant him concealment), then blasts the wounded flame spirit again with psychic energy, and it now seems very close to being snuffed out. The warlock places a curse on Sankis as an afterthought.

Bernkastel is a bit burned by the nearby flame jet.

Myn uses spiteful glamor, which hits spirit of fire 2 for 14 psychic damage plus 1 cold damage, and immobilizes it until the end of its next turn. Myn then moves and curses Sankis.
Bernkastel takes 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-65) 47/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-62) 41/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 44/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/29 HP + 3 Temporary HP, Resist 5 all, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-63) 55/55 HP + 4 Temporary HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (N-68) Burning Blood 0, -102 HP, weakened
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -65 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
>> No. 8251 edit
File 129956272039.png - (87.97KB , 243x357 , spear.png )
8251
>>8214
"Right. Thank you, mighty heroes, for vanquishing the foul demon."

I should have resist 2 fire from my background, so it'd be 3 fire damage, right.

Move action: Move to N-61, and spirit companion to K-64.
Standard action: Spirit Infusion, Myn vs. the less dead spirit of fire. The attack is a No action. +2 power bonus (doesn't stack with vengeful elementals) and +1 item bonus (doesn't stack with eagle eye goggles) to the attack roll, and a +5 power bonus to the damage roll.
Minor action: If the spirit infusion hit, I'll spend the M-64 elemental on Myn to attack Sankis as a free action. If the infusion missed, I'll instead have him attack the spirit of fire again. +1 power bonus and +1 item bonus (again, doesn't stack) to the attack roll.

>> No. 8252 edit
>>8251

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3394939/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3394944/

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3394966/
Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3394968/

>> No. 8253 edit
>>8252

That's actually 22 and 18 damage, respectively, k.
>> No. 8257 edit
File 133049491230.png - (1.26MB , 1069x675 , SankisT.png )
8257
With quick movements, two of the shaman's spirits vanish, infusion themselves into Myn, allowing the warlock to unleash a pair of lightning-fast attacks. The remaining spirit of flame is immobilized, and Sankis takes a shot to the face.

Boiling with uncontained fury, Sankis slowly says, "You... will all... BURN!" And as he says "burn," a torrent of flame emerges from his mouth, engulfing most of the adventurers in its wake. All of them are now aflame, and they feel the flames sapping a bit of their focus as well. Cackling maniacally, Sankis moves to the center of the lot, looking to threaten any of them.

Bernkastel and her spirit companion move.
Bernkastel uses spirit infusion, which allows Myn to hit spirit of fire 1 with eldritch blast for 16 damage plus 6 cold damage, immobilizing it until the end of its next turn.
Bernkastel expends a vengeful elemental to allow Myn to use edlritch blast, which hits Sankis for 18 damage.
Sankis uses conflagration blast, which CRITS Torinn for 15 fire damage, and hits Sureiya, Rutger, and Myn for 8 fire damage (Myn reduces to 3, Rutger reduces to 3). All take ongoing 5 fire damage and are dazed (save ends both).
Sankis moves, Torinn can't punish because dazed.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Frog Demon (Enemy): 21
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-65) 44/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 43/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all, -3 to saves against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-63) 51/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 34/51 HP,ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (K-66, M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-65) Burning Blood 0, -120 HP, weakened
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -59 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -22 HP, Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -65 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8288 edit
Sariel, on her part, fires off a zone of grasping tentacles for the frog, before moving away from the action, Roth extending its protection over Rutger and Myn.

Standard: Grasping Shadows
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3396776/ G37 focus.
Move: D-59 Roth to K-66.

>> No. 8290 edit
File 133058362022.png - (1.35MB , 1069x675 , SankisU.png )
8290
The weakened frog creature is unable to withstand Sariel's psychic assault, and keels over dead on the spot. The mage and her companion then reposition themselves.

Sariel's grasping shadows hits the frog demon for 16 psychic damage, which kills it.
Sariel and Roth move.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-65) 44/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 43/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all, -3 to saves against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-63) 51/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 24/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-65) Burning Blood 0, -120 HP, weakened
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -22 HP, Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -65 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8303 edit
Somehow, Folka wasn't the target of Sankis' attack, or if he was, he didn't bother noticing. Annoyed at Sankis not targeting him, which implies he is not a valid threat, and with the rest of the important targets either dead or incapacitated, Folka rushes over to give him a piece of his mind, while shouting at him,"Hey, I'm over here you hotheaded idiot! I'm the one you should be going after! I'm the one you should be fighting!" Before attempting to strike him a few times.



Move to N-65
Standard Action:Monk basic attack vs Sankis' reflex
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3397811/
Free Action:If it hits, slide Sankis to the right of me with flurry of blows
I dont think it hit so spending AP
Action Point:Monk Basic Attack vs Sankis' reflexes again, use Flurry of blows as above if the previous attack did not hit so I don't spend FoB.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3397841/

>> No. 8308 edit
File 133067131551.png - (1.35MB , 1069x675 , SankisV.png )
8308
While the monk's flurry of attacks is successful in knocking Sankis out of position, a weak fiery retribution from the fiery dwarf leaves everyone in the immediate area vulnerable to being burned. The fiery explosion seems oddly weak, however.

Folka moves, then uses monk basic attack, which hits for 15 damage. He then spends an action point, using another MBA for 13 damage, plus 4 damage from flurry of blows.
This triggers Sankis's spontaneous combustion, which hits Myn, Torinn, and Roth for 3 fire damage (Myn resists, reduced to 1 because weakened), and they all take a -3 penalty to saving throws against ongoing fire damage until they fail a save. It misses Folka.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-65) 44/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 43/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 28/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all, -3 to saves against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-63) 51/55 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 23/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-66) Burning Blood 2, -152 HP (Bloodied), weakened
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -22 HP, Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -65 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8309 edit
File 131752287365.png - (60.16KB , 290x295 , kan_odorokia45.png )
8309
Not in his best mood, the ranger grumbles
"Yeah, why don't you attack him instead!?"
Standard action: Marauding rush, ending movement at M-56 (20 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3398369/
Saving throw: (20 because i manly) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3398371/

>> No. 8326 edit
File 133074765549.png - (1.40MB , 1069x675 , SankisW.png )
8326
Sureiya is burned quite badly by the nearby flame jet and the flames still engulfing him, but he manages to charge Sankis, and ahs his blade bites into the dwarf's flesh, he extinguishes the fire on his person and regains his focus. Sankis howls in fury, and although the fiery zones from before vanish, the new flame jets explode into flame, and three new flame jets erupt from the ground nearby. Torinn is also now quite worse for wear due to the effects of the fire...

Sureiya takes ongoing 5 fire damage, plus 5 fire damage from starting his turn next to a flame jet.
Sureiya charges with marauder's rush, which hits Sankis for 20 damage.
On the leyline's turn, the flame jets explode, and the fiery zones disappear. The leyline absorbs two charges of burning blood and creates three flame jets.
Torinn takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends) and 5 fire damage for beginning his turn adjacent to a flame jet.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-65) 44/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 43/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 18/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all, -3 to saves against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-65) 41/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 23/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-66) Burning Blood 0, -172 HP (Bloodied), weakened
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -22 HP, Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -65 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8340 edit
File 12988391278.png - (488.44KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 bothered 1.png )
8340
Torinn takes a moment to gather his strength, muttering, "And you hit like an elf."

Heal self with second wind
Saving throw : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400261/ (13, 8)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400265/ (4)

>> No. 8342 edit
File 133079095951.png - (1.40MB , 1069x675 , SankisX.png )
8342
Torinn, quite distracted by the flames, takes a moment to recuperate, and manages to focus on the task at hand. However, he's still aflame, and Rutger stumbles slightly from the burning, directly into one of the blazing zones left behind by the exploding flame jets, scorching both mount and rider.

Torinn uses his second wind, spending a healing surge to regain 19 hit points and gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of his next turn.
Torinn saves against ongoing fire damage and daze, but fails his save against ongoing fire, and Rutger fails his save. When Rutger fails its save, Sankis slides him 2 squares, reduced to 1 square.
The spirits of fire are immobilized and can't attack anything.
Myn isn't affected by the ongoing fire damage or the flame jet.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (L-65) 44/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 47/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 43/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (L/M-69/70) 37/58 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (L/M-69/70) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-65) 41/55 HP
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 23/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-66) Burning Blood 0, -172 HP (Bloodied), weakened
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -22 HP, Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -65 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8347 edit
File 129695631675.png - (21.52KB , 200x200 , george_darkwormfeast.png )
8347
Still disoriented from the volume of flames, Myn nonetheless strikes at Sankis with more force than usual, assaulting the enemy with a legion of dark worms.


Standard action: Cast Darkworm Feast against Sankis.

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400696/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400702/

Saving throw: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400709/

>> No. 8348 edit
Immediate Interrupt: Powerful Warning vs. Sankis's fire attack. Sureiya vs. Sankis, and he has a +2 bonus to defenses.
>> No. 8349 edit
File 131836288151.png - (131.28KB , 600x569 , i\'m on a horse.png )
8349
"Oh no you don't!"

Righteous Shield on Sureiya
>> No. 8350 edit
File 129875666734.png - (15.61KB , 217x157 , kanonheh_ib4f.png )
8350
"Hey, you Sankis dwarf evil lord of the fire, Would you mind stoping burning us?"
Melee basic attack: (23 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400744/
>> No. 8351 edit
File 133081733628.png - (1.40MB , 1069x675 , SankisY.png )
8351
The warlock chants a dark incantation, and with a horrid sound, a mess of necrotic worms erupt from Sankis's flesh, causing him great agony and slowing his movements. With a hefty scream, he explodes with a fiery vengeance, scorching some of the nearby adventurers. Bernkastel's quick warning enables Sureiya to make a counter-attack, and Torinn takes the brunt of the damage for the half-orc, leaving Sankis seething with untamed rage. He grips his axe firmly, and you notice it's as if his fiery blood is hardening, granting him temporary protection from further attacks.

When Myn fails to shake off the effects of the distracting flames, he temporarily loses control of his body, running through a nearby fiery pit. His familiar's protection greatly reduces the damage, though.

Myn's darkworm feast crits Sankis for 31 necrotic damage, and Sankis is slowed until the end of Sankis's next turn.
This triggers Sankis's spontaneous combustion, which hits Sureiya, Folka, and Myn for 13 fire damage (Myn takes 8), and they take a -3 penalty to saving throws against ongoing fire damage until they fail a save. It misses Torinn and Rutger.
Torinn uses righteous shield, which means he takes the 13 fire damage instead of Sureiya, and he gains a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of his next turn. Bernkastel uses powerful warning, granting Sureiya a +2 bonus to all defenses (which doesn't make it miss), and granting him a basic attack, which hits for 23 damage, bringing Sankis to Burning Blood 3. Sankis has resist 5 to all damage when he has Burning Blood 3.
Myn fails his save, causing Sankis to slide him 2 squares through the fiery zone. He takes 2 fire damage (reduced from 7).
Bernkastel takes 5 fire damage from the flame jet.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (N-64) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 3, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 34/48 HP, +2 power bonus to all defenses, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 38/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 24/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 29/29 HP, Resist 5 all, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-65) 41/55 HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 23/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-63, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-66) Burning Blood 3, -226 HP (Bloodied)
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -22 HP, Cursed (Myn), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -65 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn)

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8354 edit
File 131120665080.png - (6.08KB , 35x45 , cut2.png )
8354
What's he doing?!

"Don't stand in there! Please, move!"

Minor action: Spirit companion to N-64. 4 tHP for Sureiya.
Standard action: Sly Fox Spirit. Grant basic attacks with a +1 item bonus to attack rolls, and +1 power bonus to attack rolls again from the archon. Myn vs. Spirit of Fire 1, and if he hits, Folka vs. Sankis.
Move action: Reorient the Axis, so Myn, Folka, Sureiya, and Roth can shift 5 squares. I'll assume everyone escapes from Spirit of Fire 2's burst 3 range, since I'm killing it, but exactly where they go is up to them. I'll move my spirit companion next to Myn.
- Action Point - Standard action: Spirit Infusion for Myn vs. Spirit of Fire 2. +2 power bonus, +1 item bonus to attack and +5 power bonus to damage.

>> No. 8356 edit

Attack roll against spirit of fire 1: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400857/
Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400862/

Move to P-62.

Attack against spirit of fire 2:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400863/
Damage: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400864/

>> No. 8357 edit
>>8356
>>8354
"I was going to do that anyway!" Folka says in reply to Bernkastel and attacking Sankis once he sees the weird warlock hits the one fire spirit.

At her direction as well, he gets himself out of possible range of a fire spirit, yet still in range of Sankis.



http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3400875/
Shift to O-67

>> No. 8359 edit
Exploiting the Shaman distraction, Sureiya shifts and escape from the fire bringer.
Shift to R-62
>> No. 8361 edit
Roth shifts to N-68.
>> No. 8364 edit
File 13309003025.png - (1.32MB , 1069x675 , SankisZ.png )
8364
Bernkastel elects not to move out of the fiery zone or heal the paladin--two decisions that may prove to have been mistakes. Instead, the shaman uses all of her strength to reposition her allies, plus direct a pair of the warlock's attacks to the hovering spirits of flame, extinguishing one and leaving the other immobile.

Sankis leans back and roars, fiery seeping from his eyes as he lurches forward and a blast of flame emerges from his maw, engulfing the two adventurers and the two beasts completely. If that wasn't enough, Sankis immedilatey charges and smashes directly into Torinn with his double-edged axe with incredible ferocity, leaving Torinn horrendously wounded and slumping in the saddle. Sankis grins, standing in front of the still-aflame and bleeding paladin, and says, "Lawn ornament, eh? I think yer ashes will make good fertilizer, maggot!"

Bernkastel calls her spirit companion, granting Sureiya 4 temporary HP.
Bernkastel uses sly fox spirit, allowing Myn to use eldritch blast, which hits spirit of fire 1 for 17 damage plus 4 cold damage, immobilizing it. Folka uses monk basic attack, which hits Sankis for 11 damage (reduced from 16).
Bernkastel uses reorient the axis, allowing her allies to shift (except Sariel and Torinn/Rutger, but Roth can shift). Sureiya and Roth take 5 fire damage from passing by the flame jets.
Bernkastel spends an action point! Her spirit infusion allows Myn to use eldritch blast, which hits spirit of fire 2 for 24 damage, destroying it.
Sankis shifts 1 square to N-66, and then uses conflagration blast, which hits Folka, Roth, and Rutger for 11 fire damage, and they are dazed and take ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both). It misses Torinn for [orange]3 fire damage[/orange] and [orange]ongoing 5 fire damage[orange] (save ends, redundant). Conflagration Blast consumes all charges of Burning Blood.
Sankis spends an action point! He charges Torinn with double edge and hits for 20 fire damage, and deals 12 damage to himself.
Roth takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): 20
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-62) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 6, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 23/48 HP (Bloodied), dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both) +2 power bonus to all defenses, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 38/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 1/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), +2 to all defenses
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 23/29 HP, Resist 5 all, dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-66) 40/55 HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (G-58) 2/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-67) Burning Blood 0, -249 HP (Bloodied)
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -43 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -89 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8365 edit
>>8364
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402057/
>> No. 8370 edit
Sariel first springs up a magical barrier, shielding Torinn from harm at least for now... while simultaneously launching her signature spell at Sankis. Quickcasting has its limits though.

Standard: Winged Horde at Sankis, lol'd.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402216/

Move: Roth shifts one square down.

Interrupt: Channeling SHield, -7 damage to Torinn.

>> No. 8374 edit
File 133091462132.png - (1.33MB , 1069x675 , SankisZA.png )
8374
A protective shield from Sariel somewhat reduces the blunt of Sankis's fiery onslaught on Torinn, but her following summoning of illusionary warriors isn't as effective as she surely hoped for. Roth slinks a bit away from Sankis.

Folka is burning and in bad shape.

As pointed out earlier, the spirit of fire's explosion harms the other spirit of fire for 15 fire damage (reduced from 25).
Sariel's channeling shield reduces the damage Torinn takes by 7. Folka's use of flowform armor fails.
Sariel has Roth move, and her winged horde misses Sankis with a natural 1.
Roth fails his save, and Folka takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-62) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 6, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (Q-62) 18/48 HP (Bloodied), dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both) +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 38/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 1/58 HP (Bloodied)[/b], ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 23/29 HP, Resist 5 all, dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-66) 40/55 HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (O-68) 2/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-67) Burning Blood 0, -249 HP (Bloodied)
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -58 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -89 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8377 edit
>>8374
Folka tries to shake off the fiery daze received from Sankis, but it is to no avail. All he can merely do is channel the energy of his attacks to reach Sankis from afar. He continues to have trouble shaking it off, to his annoyance.



Free saving throw against daze at start of the turn http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402376/
Standard Action:Steel Wind vs Sankis
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402377/
Saving throw again:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402378/
3 failed saves in a row, 1 that was a pass if it wasnt for the debuff

>> No. 8378 edit
File 133093375141.png - (1.25MB , 1069x675 , SankisZB.png )
8378
Folka is having an increasingly difficult time shaking off the effects of the flames, and though he manages to land a distant blow on Sankis through sheer force of will, he loses balance in the process and stumbles near a flame jet.

...It seems quite imperative that you finish this up quickly, as things are beginning to deteriorate.

Folka fails his superior will save.
Folka uses steel wind, which hits Sankis for 8 damage. Burning Blood 1.
Folka fails his save, and Sankis slides him 2 squares next to a flame jet. This causes him to take 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-62) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 6, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-65) 13/48 HP (Bloodied), dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both) +2 power bonus to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 38/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 1/58 HP (Bloodied)[/b], ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 23/29 HP, Resist 5 all, dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both)
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-66) 40/55 HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (O-68) 2/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-67) Burning Blood 1, -257 HP (Bloodied)
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -58 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -89 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8380 edit
File 133093571922.png - (193.72KB , 661x477 , kan_odorokia1b.png )
8380
Looking at the barely alive Paladin doesn't really help Sureiya's mood
"You ... why don't you die already!?"
Movement action: Move to N-67
Standard action: Twin strike against Sankis (Awesome rolls, but baka dead Torinn didn't allow me to finish Sankis with this, so 24 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402545/
Minor action: Offhand strike (Awesome damage roll, but fail ;_; sorry I couldn't stop Sankis)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402552/

>> No. 8381 edit
File 133093712659.png - (1.25MB , 1069x675 , SankisZC.png )
8381
Sureiya moves in and lets loose a deft barrage of attacks--but when the first connects, a blast of flame engulfs all nearby. This proves to be the limit for both the paladin and the monk, and both collapse. Sureiya's focus is a bit blurred by the fiery burst and the fact that he no longer has a flanking partner, and so his next two strikes deflect off the dwarf's fiery armor.

The flame jets erupt in massive explosions of flame, scorching the fallen Folka horribly. Bernkastel manages to avoid the burst, but the celestial tiger vanishes in the explosion. Folka's body is badly burned and he's bleeding out... he can't take any more of this.

Torinn is almost as bad off, but not quite--he'll last slightly longer. But he's still on fire. The flame demon continues to struggle uselessly, and now it's the warlock's time for action.

Sureiya moves, and uses twin strike. The first hit for 24 damage activates Sankis's spontaneous combustion, which hits Sureiya, Folka, Rutger, and Torinn for 13 fire damage, and they all take a -3 penalty to saving throws against ongoing fire until they fail a save.
This causes Sureiya to lose his flanking bonus, and as a result, the second attack misses.
Sureiya's off-hand strike misses Sankis.
The elemental leyline's attack hits Folka and Rutger for 21 fire damage. Folka is now a mere 3 HP from being really, really dead, and Rutger is unsummoned. It misses Bernkastel.
Absorbing the 2 Burning Blood charges, the leyline creates two additional flame jets.
Torinn succeeds at a death save, but takes ongoing 5 fire damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402557/ He can roll his own save against that.
The spirit of fire 1 is impotent.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-62) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 6, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-65) -21/48 HP (DYING), dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both), +2 power bonus to all defenses, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 38/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) -17/58 HP (DYING), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-66) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (O-68) 2/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-67) Burning Blood 0, -281 HP (Bloodied)
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -58 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -89 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8383 edit
File 133095057210.png - (308.87KB , 446x500 , 5d9260bc8e9b0614403f2d1377722729.png )
8383
Saving throw : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402622/ (16)
>> No. 8402 edit
Myn misses horribly, but resolves to do better in the future.

Standard action: Eldritch Blast against Sankis.

Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402846/

Saving throw:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402847/
Amulet of Resolution reroll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3402850/

>> No. 8404 edit
File 133097946666.png - (1.25MB , 1069x675 , SankisZD.png )
8404
Unfortunately, the warlock fails to realize the pressing need to take down Sankis immediately and misses. His amulet helps him shake off his affliction, however.

Bernkastel immediately catches aflame because she is standing in fire like the kind of nub that raid leaders yell at.

Torinn saves against ongoing fire.
Myn misses with eldritch blast.
Myn saves thanks to amulet of resolution.
Bernkastel begins her turn in the fiery zone, taking ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sanks the Burning (Enemy): 13
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-62) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 6
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-65) -21/48 HP (DYING), dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both), +2 power bonus to all defenses, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 33/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) -17/58 HP (DYING), -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (H-66) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (O-68) 2/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (Not Present)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-67) Burning Blood 0, -281 HP (Bloodied), Cursed (Myn)
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -58 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -89 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8412 edit
File 131564322348.jpg - (44.80KB , 350x180 , mb12.jpg )
8412
It's refreshing to have only one viable option.

Minor action: Call spirit companion to K-69, elevation 1. 4 temporary HP for Torinn.
Minor action: Healing Spirit. Target Folka to heal him for his surge value +1, and the extra healing goes to Torinn. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3403501/
Standard action: Direct the Strike, Myn vs. Sankis. No additional bonus to anything.

>> No. 8413 edit
>>8412
forgot save http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3403513/
>> No. 8414 edit
File 129739756694.png - (7.42KB , 124x105 , georgedoyo.png )
8414
>>8412

Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3403528/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3403529/

>> No. 8416 edit
File 133100537425.png - (1.39MB , 1069x675 , SankisZE.png )
8416
After the shaman hastily calls back her spirit and revives her two fallen allies, she directs the warlock to try his attack again--and this time, he succeeds.

"ARRGGGHHHHH!" Sankis screams, leaning back and facing the leyline in the ceiling. It glows with a strange light, and a pillar of flame descends, enveloping Sankis completely. Sureiya manages to jump back just in time--he surely would've been scorched horribly had he not. Sankis's body is lifted off the ground and disappears into the flame pillar, which forms into a massive maelstrom of fire that surrounds the spot where Sankis stood just moments before. It seems to remain there for now... but Sariel knows that now is the time for action.

The flame jets recede, and the fiery zones quickly disperse. It appears the master of the leyline has lost his connection to it.

Bernkastel uses call spirit companion to call her spirit back, then uses healing spirit. Folka spends a surge and regains 13 hit points, Torinn regains 8 hit points.
Bernkastel uses direct the strike, allowing Myn to use eldritch blast, which hits Sankis for 26 damage. This finishes him off.
Sankis explodes into an fiery maelstrom, pushing Sureiya back one square but not harming him. You get the feeling that you shouldn't try to stand in the fire, though. However, all of the flame jets and fiery zones disappear.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Elemental Leyline (Fire): 23
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-62) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 7
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-65) 13/48 HP (Bloodied), dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire, prone
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 35/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 8/58 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saves against ongoing fire, prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-67) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (O-68) 2/25 HP (Bloodied), +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-69, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-67) Burning Blood 1, -307 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -58 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, immobilized
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -89 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8417 edit
Sariel attacks spirit while Roth disappears in a puff of smoke.

ongoing damage kills Roth
Winged Horde: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3403576/
Sariel doesn't move.

>> No. 8418 edit
File 133100637063.png - (1.39MB , 1069x675 , SankisZF.png )
8418
Roth, unfortunately, can no longer stay in this realm and retreats to the Feywild to heal up. Sariel's horde of phantoms is more successful this time around, leaving the last remaining demonic interloper quick confused and damaged.

The monk is in quite the predicament, but may be able to right himself if his superior mental training pays off.

Roth reaches 0 HP and retreats to the Feywild.
Sariel's winged horde deals 8 psychic damage to spirit of fire 1, and it can't take opportunity actions until the end of her next turn.
Folka can save because of superior will.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-62) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 7
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-65) 13/48 HP (Bloodied), dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both), -3 to saves against ongoing fire, prone
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 35/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 8/58 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saves against ongoing fire, prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-67) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Not Present) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-69, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-67) Burning Blood 1, -307 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -66 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, can't take OAs
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -89 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8419 edit
Just as the ranger was going to thank the warlock for that hit, he's pulled back from the explosion, not than he's really worried by extreme temperatures, but it's not exactly pleasant.
"Wooah, what's happening to this guy!?"
>> No. 8421 edit
>>8418
"Finally that guy is dead, or hopefully he is. I'm just glad to be alive, but let's finish off that last fire creature. I'm still too hurt to be able to do anything though."


Free save at the start of my turn:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3403652/ super fail
Standard Action:Second Wind
Saving throw:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3403659/

>> No. 8424 edit
File 133101073049.png - (1.39MB , 1069x675 , SankisZG.png )
8424
Folka is pretty alert and adept for someone who was just on the brink of death, but he manages to regain his breath with a few gasps. He's still burning, though, which is unfortunate.

Folka fails his superior will save and takes ongoing 5 fire damage.
Folka uses his second wing to regain 12 hit points and gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of his next turn. He fails his save at End of Turn too.


Initiative
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 28
Sureiya (anon-kun): 27
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 21
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): 17
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 16
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 16-1
Sariel (Liliane): 13

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-62) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 7
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-65) 20/48 HP (Bloodied), dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both), +2 to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 35/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 8/58 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saves against ongoing fire, prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (O-67) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Not Present) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-69, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-67) Burning Blood 1, -307 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -66 HP (Bloodied), aegis of shielding, can't take OAs
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -89 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8425 edit
"Thank god the leyline stopped, but this damn fire still doesn't disappear ... "The orc say as he moves from that terrible fire aura "Anyways let's finish this job." As he say that, he drop the extra magical blade he created, and take his always useful farbond spellblade. Time to end this with Sureiya's signature move.
Movement action: Move to N-64
Free action: Drop the fake Paired bastard sword.
Minor action: Take farbond spellblade from bag of holding.
Standard action: Signature move; Boomerang Twin strike against the spirit of fire (one miss and one hit for 13 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3403689/

>> No. 8426 edit
File 133101475832.png - (1.39MB , 1069x675 , SankisZH.png )
8426
Sureiya drops the cloned sword and draws his trusty farbond blade, then moves forward and hurls it at the nearby flame spirit, finishing it off deftly. It would appear all hostiles have been dealt with, for now...

Sureiya's twin strike (ranged) misses the spirit of fire once and hits once for 13 damage, destroying it. Its explosion hits nothing.

Final Stats

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-62) 34/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 7
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-65) 20/48 HP (Bloodied), dazed and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends both), +2 to all defenses
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 35/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 8/58 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saves against ongoing fire, prone
Rutger (Astaroth): (K/L-67/68) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-64) 27/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary HP, -3 to saves against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (G-59) 50/51 HP
Roth (Liliane): (Not Present) 25/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (K-69, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-63, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Vengeful Elementals (Bernkastel): (M-64, M-69, N-68, Elevation 1 for all), +1 power bonus to the melee attacks of adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Burning (Enemy): (M-67) Burning Blood 1, -307 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Frog Demon (Enemy): (E/F-74/75) -75 HP (Bloodied), Sureiya's Quarry DEAD
Tentacle Demon (Enemy): (O/P-61/62) -87 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 1 (Enemy): (H-64, Elevation 4), -79 HP (Bloodied) DEAD
Spirit of Fire 2 (Enemy): (J-62, Elevation 3) -89 HP (Bloodied), immobilized, cannot take opportunity actions, Cursed (Myn) DEAD

Notes
Knowledge of the demons may be arcana or dungeoneering. Knowledge of Sankis's ability to channel the leyline is arcana.
The flame jets deal 5 fire damage to you if you begin your turn or move adjacent to them. The fiery zones left behind after the flame jets explode either cause you to take ongoing 5 fire damage, or deal 2d10 fire damage to you if you're already taking ongoing fire damage. This happens if you enter a zone or being your turn in one.
The frog demon's whirlpool is difficult terrain for non-aquatic creatures.
If you fail a saving throw against Sankis's conflagration blast, he slides you 2 squares, and each ally adjacent to you at the end of the slide takes 5 fire damage.
>> No. 8428 edit
Audio Metroid_Pre-Boss_Theme.mp3 - (1.43MB , sm18.mp3 )
8428
An eerie calm sets over the battlefield, and the adventurers being to lick their wounds. The strange pillar of flame persists, however...

You may take a limited short rest. Here are the details:
You MAY plant the battle standard.
You MAY spend up to two healing surges.
You MAY recover one encounter attack power. This includes holy smite.
You MAY recover one class feature or racial encounter utility power. This can be like one of Bernkastel's heals or Torinn's heal. If you have no applicable powers, you can regain an encounter-based magical item power instead.
You MAY recover one normal class utility power. Bernkastel may opt to recover her second heal instead.
Encounter-long effects like the vengeful spirits END. Folka's stance would end, but it already ended when he fell unconscious (rules for stances).
You may also move about and reposition yourselves within reason, make heal checks, etc.

>> No. 8430 edit
"... Is this Sankis guy really dead?"
Place Farbond inside bag again, take the extra paired blade in offhand.
Spend 2 surges, so 2 extra surges and 55 hp
Recover Furious assault and Disruptive strike.

>> No. 8434 edit
Bernkastel
Planting battle standard in P-63, everyone come near before spending surges.
>> No. 8443 edit
File 130619667274.png - (378.17KB , 536x886 , sak_a13 bothered 2.png )
8443
Severely injured, Torinn forces himself to stand up and staggers towards the others, summoning Rutger once more. He hoists himself up, cringing from his injuries and feeling short of breath. The cavalier lets show no weakness or fatigue, even though he is nearly at his limit. However, he does cite a short prayer in his own language, certain that the battle is far from over.

"Mighty Platinum Dragon, thy faithful servant asks thee for thy blessing. Please watch over us in the coming battle."

Stand up
Summon mount at J/K 66/67
Get on mount
Spend a healing surge
Recover Righteous Shield
Recover Holy Smite
Recover Virtue
Pray : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3404339/ (6)

>> No. 8445 edit
Bernkastel
If possible, heal DC15 to grant Folka a saving throw (20) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3404442/
>> No. 8454 edit
Sariel rejoins the rest.

Recall Roth, recover Channeling Shield and Dimensional Vortex.
>> No. 8455 edit
"Nothing ever can be easy, can it." Folka remarks at the end of the encounter, still somehow on fire and dazed, even with Bernkastel's help.


Saving throw granted by bern:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3404886/
saving throw:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3404888/
A little help guys, I only have one surge left, how are we going to heal and all. Make suggestions.

>> No. 8457 edit
File 130023651110.png - (15.99KB , 200x200 , blank look.png )
8457
With Rutger refusing to materialize, Torinn reconsiders his options.

Noticing Folka is still burning, he takes out his still mostly-full canteen and dumps it on him in an attempt to put the flames out.


Recover Shield of Devotion instead
Don't recover virtue. Nothing to replace it with
Move adjacent to Folka and dump canteen on him

>> No. 8458 edit
Sariel assists dousing.

Heal check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3404896/
Forgot my bonus which is +4, should be enough.

>> No. 8459 edit
>>8457
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3404901/
>> No. 8460 edit
>>8458

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3404922/

>> No. 8462 edit
File 133109059590.png - (1.22MB , 1069x675 , SankisZI.png )
8462
Folka finally manages to put out the fire without any further scorching involved (Sariel's turn is before Folka's so I'll roll with it).
>> No. 8464 edit
>>8428
>>8428

Regain Open the Gate of Battle
regain item encounter power from flowform armor
maybe regain the outlaw feature power?

>> No. 8467 edit
Bernkastel
Recover Powerful warning, Healing word and Inspiring word.
Spend one healing surge when everyone is on the banner, also summon and dispel spirit a few times to give everyone 4 temporal hp.

>> No. 8472 edit
File 129757930295.png - (19.87KB , 200x200 , george_swimmingcutelylikedumbooctopus_ib4f.png )
8472
Spend healing surge.
Recover Shared Agony.
Move to S-65.

>> No. 8473 edit
File 133110453319.png - (1.35MB , 1069x675 , SankisZJ.png )
8473
The party begins to recuperate when the whole cavern unexpectedly begins to shake. There is a deep rumbling noise coming from the leyline--specifically, the area above the pillar of fire.

With five surges spent among the party, the banner heals everyone for 10 HP.

HP Totals:
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (P-63) 50/50 HP + 4 THP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (P-60) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 46/47 HP + 4 THP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-63) 37/58 HP + 4 THP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-64) 55/55 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (Q-62) 50/51 HP + 4 THP
Roth (Liliane): (Q-63) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-62, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (N-62, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
>> No. 8475 edit
"It's starting," Torinn growls, re-equipping his weaponry. Walking on his own two feet again, he doesn't get as far as he'd like, but he manages to find a good enough position.

Move to I-68
>> No. 8477 edit
File 129652691796.jpg - (79.78KB , 640x480 , kanongununu.jpg )
8477
"There's no time to rest! Everyone prepare yourselves! This guy is not done for!"
Move to M-72, if possible ready an action to charge Sankis.
>> No. 8493 edit

move to q-67

>> No. 8495 edit
Bernkastel
Move to N-60 (ignore chains and corpse)
Spirit of Athas to QP-67 (elevation 1)
Spirit companion is fine where is it

>> No. 8500 edit
Audio 204_Battle_with_Golbeza's_Four_Emperors.mp3 - (5.91MB , 204 Battle with Golbeza\'s Four Emperors.mp3 )
8500
Suddenly, the rumbling ceases, and a large crack of energy overwhelms everyone nearby, causing them to lose their focus. Strangely, you also feel a sort of a rushing, healing sensation--as if part of your inner strength has been restored.

Unfortunately, it seems that these same healing energies are being diverted into the leyline... and you hear a familiar voice from within the flames, "ARRRRGHHH....rghhhhahahahaha....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

With a mighty explosion of flame, the pillar of fire dissipates, leaving behind a huge, hulking form before you. It appears to be that of a dwarf--though most of the flesh has melted away, leaving behind a mix of bone and muscle, and every single inch of the dwarf is aflame. The dwarf has increased in size substantially, and is holding a massive double-axe with both hands, that is also on fire. There is a loose collection of armor covering the dwarf, but it is also on fire, so the details are difficult to make out.

The fiery dwarf-skeleton cackles and addresses you, "Ach, ye damned FOOLS! Tha Fell King has given me eternal life as an archfiend o' tha leyline! Tha dominion o' Sankis tha Ever-Burning begins now! BURN, WRETCHES!"

The leyline discharges energy, and everyone who had less than three healing surges now has three healing surges. You can also immediately spend one to regain more health.
However, the effect of the battle standard is gone. All readied actions are cancelled. This is a new encounter.

>> No. 8501 edit
File 13129932721.jpg - (82.56KB , 284x312 , uryufufu.jpg )
8501
Torinn feels energy flowing into his body, wounds knitting themselves shut as he laughs at the flaming dwarf. "What a coincidence, we're supposed to shut that guy down, and I guess that starts with you." The paladin grins as he takes a battle-ready stance, taunting the dwarf a second time, "Your dominion's going to be brief and forgettable, 'cause you're no immortal or archfiend. No, you're just a little man with no beard who played with fire and got burned." He makes a sign of prayer, calling out to his allies, "Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Let's bury this cretin in his little hellhole."
>> No. 8503 edit
File 133126457256.png - (1.49MB , 1069x675 , SankisZJ.png )
8503
"Rrraaagghhh!" Sankis roars, motioning towards Torinn with his hand. From the leyline overhead, which is now shaking and rumbling slightly, spouting occasional jets of flame and looking quite unstable; a massive ball of flame descends. It nearly strikes Torinn head-on, but the dragonborn manages to dodge to the side at the last second. The ground below Torinn explodes into flame, and sears the dragonborn slightly.

Torinn regains 19 hit points for spending an extra surge. He's down to two.
Sankis uses channel the leyline as a free action due to mastery of the leyline, and its attack misses Torinn. This creates a zone in a burst 1 centered on Torinn, see the notes for details.
Torinn takes 5 fire damage for beginning his turn in the zone.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 50/50 HP + 4 THP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (P-60) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (I-68 55/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-64) 55/55 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (Q-62) 50/51 HP + 4 THP
Roth (Liliane): (Q-63) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-62, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy)

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage
>> No. 8505 edit
File 130593838077.jpg - (175.49KB , 354x250 , great conqueror.jpg )
8505
Spend a healing surge as free action
Torinn bolsters himself further before charging into the fray, stabbing Sankis with a spear of light and a well aimed sword slash. Sankis is left with a crushing headache again.
Minor action : Virtue
Standard : Charge to K-66 w/ Holy Smite
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3407837/ (33, 13)

>> No. 8508 edit
File 133127554210.png - (1.27MB , 1069x675 , SankisZK.png )
8508
Torinn charges forth, and though he is sans his mount for this fight, he strikes hard in the opening round, smiting the aberrant Sankis with divine energy. This leaves Sankis a bit dazzled and open to attack. He also uses some of his newfound strength to shield himself from further harm.

Torinn uses virtue, spending a surge to gain 19 temporary hit points (one surge left).
Torinn charges, hitting with a melee basic attack for 7 damage plus 6 radiant damage thanks to holy smite, and Sankis is dazed until the end of Torinn's next turn.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 50/50 HP + 4 THP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (P-60) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 55/58 HP + 19 THP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (N-64) 55/55 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (Q-62) 50/51 HP + 4 THP
Roth (Liliane): (Q-63) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-62, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -13 HP, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8511 edit
Sariel knows little.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3408083/
>them rolls
Lol.

>> No. 8512 edit
File 13312778917.png - (66.95KB , 300x217 , kan_odorokia44.png )
8512
Surprised by the sudden energy recovery, the ranger knows this can only mean a thing. This is not nearly done for. Huh, he even got bigger.
Knowlogment checks Dungeoneering (16) Arcana (22) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3408088/
>> No. 8519 edit
File 133135527845.png - (39.18KB , 128x128 , Sankisv2.png )
8519
Knowledge (Sariel and Sureiya): Given the unique nature of Sankis, it's difficult to say what he's capable of. However, it's likely that his approach to combat is much the same as it was before--but now he's more serious about it. He is a level 8 solo brute.
Sankis's connection to the leyline has revived him, but it has also rendered the leyline highly unstable. It would seem that Sankis now taps into its power to attack directly, rather than merely manipulate nearby fire. If what he said about the Fell King is true, it seems that the Fell King can communicate to other creatures via the leyline and influence them in some way. This bodes ill, as it means that the Fell King can reach creatures throughout the world from wherever he lurks, without even sending out envoys. Moreover, he could grant them immense power in exchange for cooperating with him, and that offer could appeal to many.

>> No. 8520 edit
Folka strangely doesn't have anything to say, though his eyes are staring at Sankis with either intense fury, hatred, or otherwise. He gets into some sort of stance and tries to strike at Sankis. Unfortunately, maybe because of the fire from earlier, he misses Sankis by a wide margin.



Minor Action:Stunning Palm stance
Minor Action:Boots of the Fencing Master encounter power (shift 2 squares to O-67 ), gain +1 to ac and reflex
Standard Action:Open the Gate of Battle vs Sankis' reflex
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3409496/

>> No. 8521 edit
File 131729193551.png - (251.20KB , 661x478 , 131649829551.png )
8521
"So you plan to kill us and kiss the Fell King ass after that huh?! Do you care to give us a good-bye gift? Answer this! How long have you been under his command!?"
Minor action: Set hunter quarry on Sankis the Ever-Burning.
Move action: Move to M-69
Standard action: Twin strike against Sankis (two hits, dealing 15 and 12 points of damage)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3409790/

>> No. 8522 edit
File 133137011092.png - (1.27MB , 1069x675 , SankisZL.png )
8522
Folka slides easily into a new stance as he approaches Sankis, attempting to slam his fist into the fiery demon-dwarf hard, but being repelled by Sankis's weapon.

Sureiya attacks Sankis verbally and physically, slicing into the gigantic being of flame with his blades. Sankis is, strangely enough, still bleeding, though he has barely any flesh left--and his blood burns.

"Arrrghhhh! What's it tae ye, eh?! Tha Fell King'll give me all I ever wanted--a dwarven empire tae meself! They'll regret displacing me as overseer... all make sure they all regret it!" Sankis twirls his flaming double-axe high over head, then slashes at both the dragonborn and the half-orc--provoking an attack from Sureiya, which causes the strike to go wide and miss both targets. Sankis looks at Sureiya furiously, then says, "Graaah! Just you watch, don't get cocky!" Suddenly, both Myn and Torinn burst into flame, and this powerful effect leaves both disoriented. "Bwa ha ha ha! Now we're cookin'!"

Folka uses stunning palm stance. He shifts 2 squares using boots of the fencing master. He then misses with open the gate of battle.
Sureiya sets his quarry to Sankis, then moves up and uses twin strike, which hits for 27 damage. Burning Blood 1.
Sankis uses double edge, which allows him to attack with his fiery double axe twice, targeting Torinn and Sureiya once with each attack. This triggers Torinn's righteous radiance,
Sureiya uses battle awareness to make a melee basic attack against Sankis, which hits for 18 damage. Burning Blood 2.
Sankis's fiery double axe misses both Torinn and Sureiya.
Sankis spends an action point! Sankis uses conflagration, consuming 2 charges of Burning Blood to attack 2 targets with a +2 bonus. He hits Torinn for 15 fire damage and CRITS Myn for 20 fire damage (reduced to 15), and both take ongoing 5 fire damage and are dazed (save ends both).


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (N-61) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 55/58 HP + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 55/55 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (Q-62) 50/51 HP + 4 THP
Roth (Liliane): (Q-63) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-62, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -65 HP, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8526 edit
File 12988391278.png - (488.44KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 bothered 1.png )
8526
Torinn can't shrug off the flames quite so easily.
Steadfast amulet saving throw : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3409942/ (2)
>> No. 8541 edit
Bernkastel
Movement action: Move to R-63
Spirit companion to O-65 (elevation 1)
Standard action: Direct the Strike, grant an attack to Sureiya.

>> No. 8542 edit
At the Shaman silent order, the Ranger decipher her signal and don't hesitate before swinging his blade again
"Hey you! I'm right here!"
Melee basic attack: (23,16) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3410521/
>> No. 8544 edit
File 133144101699.png - (1.44MB , 1069x675 , SankisZL.png )
8544
Bernkastel and her spirits move into position, and a quick summoning of an air spirit guides Sureiya's blade into Sankis again.

Torinn's steadfast amulet's power fails to save, so he retains the use of it.
Bernkastel and her spirit move.
Bernkastel uses direct the strike on Sureiya, allowing him to use a melee basic attack, which hits for 12 damage (since it wasn't Commander's Strike, no +4 damage bonus).


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-63) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 55/58 HP + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 55/55 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (Q-62) 50/51 HP + 4 THP
Roth (Liliane): (Q-63) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-65, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -77 HP, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8546 edit
Move: To M-65, Roth to L-64.
Minor: Swordmage Aegis on Sankis.
Standard: Booming Blade.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3411414/

>> No. 8548 edit
File 13315206533.png - (1.43MB , 1069x675 , SankisZM.png )
8548
The swordmage and her fey companion engage the enemy at close range, and once the eladrin's shielding magic is affecting Sankis, she slashes him with her blade.

Sariel and Roth move.
Sariel marks Sankis with swordmage shielding aegis.
Sariel uses booming blade, which hits Sankis for 11 damage.
Myn takes ongoing 5 fire damage but resists.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-62) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 55/58 HP + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 55/55 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-65) 50/51 HP + 4 THP
Roth (Liliane): (L-64) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-65, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -88 HP, dazed, aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8549 edit
Unleashing his most powerful magicks, Myn envelops Sankis' upper half in a zone of shadows, taking the opportunity to clear his mind and extinguish the pitiful flames afflicting him at the same time.

Cast Hunger of Hadar at M-67, elevation 2.
Saving throw:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3411841/

>> No. 8552 edit
File 13315245286.png - (1.43MB , 1069x675 , SankisZN.png )
8552
With Myn's incantation, an eerie, hungering void engulfs Sankis's upper body, blocking your view of him. Instinctively, he swings his axe in the air and reaches upwards, roaring, "Aggghhh, damn ye! I'll incinerate ye!"

A ball of flame zips out from the leyline and strikes Sariel head-on, scorching the eladrin a bit and causing her to catch aflame.

Myn creates a zone that blocks line of sight at M-67, elevation 2. It does not completely block Sankis however as the bottom level is available, and thus you can attack Sankis and he can attack you. Myn saves.
Sankis's mastery of the leyline triggers, allowing him to use channel the leyline without provoking opportunity attacks, hitting Sariel for 9 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-62) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 55/58 HP + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 55/55 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-65) 45/51 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Roth (Liliane): (L-64) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-65, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -88 HP, dazed, aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8553 edit
File 129653219817.jpg - (84.43KB , 450x613 , Let\'s Get Dangerous.jpg )
8553
"Where are you aiming? I'm right here!" Torinn growls, buffering Sariel with divine energy as he slashes Sankis. A brutal hit inspires the paladin to shake off the flames as though they were nothing.

Strike of Hope, 4 THPs to Sariel http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3412080/ (CRIT)
Total damage : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3412081/ (14 radiant damage, plus 4 damage)
Saving throw : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3412082/ (10)

>> No. 8554 edit
File 133153880948.png - (1.43MB , 1069x675 , SankisZO.png )
8554
Torinn's inspiring strike cuts deep, and Sankis yells out in response, bits of burning blood splattering over the ground. "I WILL BREAK YOU!" The dragonborn also manages to shake off the lingering effects of being aflame.

Torinn takes ongoing 5 fire damage. Torinn's strike of hope CRITS for 18 damage, and Sariel gains 4 temporary hit points. Burning Blood 1.
Torinn saves against conflagration.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-62) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 54/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 55/55 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-65) 45/51 HP + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Roth (Liliane): (L-64) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-65, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -106 HP (Burning Blood 1), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8560 edit
Folka breaks his stance and attempts to stun Sankis before he can act any more.



Standard Action:Stunning Palm attack vs Sankis' fort (stun save ends and 5 dex damage if it hits, if it misses, 2d8+5 damage)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3412664/
(miss roll if it did in fact miss)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3412665/
Flurry of blows, damage, no slide if it hits as well.

>> No. 8561 edit
File 133160467442.png - (1.43MB , 1069x675 , SankisZP.png )
8561
Folka channels all of the energy of his stance into a single blow that knocks Sankis senseless. The halpless dwarf-demon looks to be unable to take actions at the moment, and he manages to spit out an "Urgh--!" and stumble around a bit upon taking the blow.

Folka ends the stunning palm stance and uses the attack, hitting Sankis for 5 damage and stunning him (save ends). His flurry of blows adds 4 extra damage.

Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-62) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 54/58 HP
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 55/55 HP + 4 THP
Sariel (Liliane): (M-65) 45/51 HP + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Roth (Liliane): (L-64) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-65, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -115 HP (Burning Blood 1), aegis of shielding, stunned (save ends)

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8562 edit
Noticing the momentum getting on their side, Sureiya doesnt hesitate to attack the Fire Lord.
"Immortality? Don't make me laugh! Even gods can die, and you and your master are no exception!"
Standard action: Twin strike against sankis (with furious assault)(on a hit, dealing 25 and 14 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3413235/
Minor action: Sohei flair! (11 points of damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3413243/

>> No. 8563 edit
File 133161113344.png - (1.43MB , 1069x675 , SankisZQ.png )
8563
Sureiya slices into Sankis with a hefty amount of fury, but when the demon dwarf takes the wound, he flares up into a fiery explosion that engulfs the nearby adventurers. Miraculously, Sariel and Folka escape unscathed, but the half-orc and the dragonborn are slightly scorched. This doesn't stop Sureiya from following it up with another salvo of attacks that leaves Sankis quite wounded, however.

Sankis mumbles something, managing to regain his focus, but losing the opportunity to make an effective counter-attack. The hadar zone nevertheless saps away some of his strength.

Sureiya hits once with twin strike for 25 damage, which triggers Sankis's spontaneous combustion (at 2 or more Burning Blood charges, Sankis can take free actions while stunned or dominated). This misses Folka and Sariel but hits Torinn and Sureiya for 14 fire damage, and they take a -3 penalty to saving throws against ongoing fire damage until they fail a save.
Sureiya's second twin strike attack hits for 14 damage, and Sohei flair hits for 11 damage.
When Sankis begins his turn in the hadar zone, he takes 9 necrotic damage (reduced from 14). http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3413403/
Sankis saves against being stunned.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 42/48 HP + 4 THP
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-62) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 40/58 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 45/55 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (M-65) 45/51 HP + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Roth (Liliane): (L-64) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-65, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -174 HP (Burning Blood 3, Resist 5 all), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8582 edit
Bernkastel

Move to Q-64, move companion spirit to N-69
Standard action: Spirit Infusion on Sureiya
Minor action: Resummon spirit companion in N-69, grant Sureiya 4THP

>> No. 8584 edit
Not really worried by Sankis attack, Sureiya use the distraction bringed by the Shaman's spirit and swing his blade again.
Melee basic attack roll (21,17) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3414433/
>> No. 8585 edit
File 133169224939.png - (1.22MB , 1069x675 , SankisZQ.png )
8585
The shaman moves, then infuses her spirit into the nearby ranger. Sureiya strikes at Sankis again, triggering a very strong burst of flame that leaves half of the adventuring party quite badly burned.

Benrkastel and her spirit companion move.
Bernkastel uses spirit infusion, allowing Sureiya to make a melee basic attack, which hits for 12 damage (reduced from 15). This triggers spontaneous combustion, which misses Torinn but hits Sureiya, Sariel, Roth, and Folka for 26 fire damage, and they all take a -3 penalty to saving throws against ongoing fire damage until they fail a save.
Bernkastel uses call spirit companion.
Sariel takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 20/48 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (R-62) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 40/58 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 19/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (M-65) 18/51 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (L-64) 25/25 HP + 4 THP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-65, Elevation 1)
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -186 HP (Burning Blood 4, Resist 5 all), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8587 edit
Just as the ranger attack, Sankis unleash a fiery explosion around all his comrades. He attempts to stop this with a second attack, but he is not fast enough...
Disruptive strike (miss) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3414651/
>> No. 8588 edit
Sariel throws up a protective ward for herself, directing Roth far away from the action while she gathers her strength.

Interrupt: Channeling Shield for self, -7 to damage and I get a +2 to damage until end of next turn, wasted.
Standard: Second Wind, spend healing surge. Roth heals by the same amount.
Move: Roth moves to S-64, without triggering an OA because I said he'd moved to L-64 last turn.
Saving throw: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3415244/

>> No. 8592 edit
File 130526666323.jpg - (51.18KB , 222x200 , dooooom.jpg )
8592
"Oh no you don't, you rock smoker!"

Shield of Devotion on Sureiya. +2 to attack rolls until EoNT
>> No. 8593 edit
>>8588
Move: Sariel shifts one square south-west.
>> No. 8594 edit
>>8593
Scratch that, Fey Step five north-west.
>> No. 8596 edit
File 130145723297.jpg - (62.12KB , 240x173 , concern.jpg )
8596
In the wake of sudden devastation, Torinn turns to his faith for reassurance.
Religion check : Pray to Bahamut again http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3415306/ (16)
>> No. 8630 edit
Bernkastel
Swaping my minor action
Instead of resummoning the spirit, using inspiring word to heal Folka. Heal surge + 6 + 1 hp http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3416093/

>> No. 8635 edit
File 133177490026.png - (1.21MB , 1069x675 , SankisZQ.png )
8635
When Sankis bursts into a torrent of flame, Sureiya lashes out with his sword, but misses for once. Sariel protects herself with a hastily-channeled arcane shield, while Torinn extends a divine shield to protect the half-orc.

Re-evaluating the situation, the shaman decides to use a quick inspiring spiritual infusion to boost Folka's resolve in the face of adversity. Sariel quickly determines that her presence on the frontline is rather hazardous, and teleports away while her feat companion slinks away slowly. She also manages to put out the fire.

Sariel's channeling shield reduces the damage she takes by 7. Sureiya's disruptive strike misses. Torinn's shield of devotion heals Sureiya for 4 hit points, and Torinn gets a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of his next turn.
Bernkastel does not resummon her spirit companion, instead she uses inspiring word to allow Folka to spend a surge and regain 19 hit points.
Sariel uses her second wind to regain 12 hit points by spending a surge (Roth is also healed for 12 hit points), and gaining a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of her next turn. She fey steps diagonally NW, and Roth moves.
Sariel succeeds her save.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 39/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Q-64) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 40/58 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +2 power bonus to attack rolls
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 23/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (H-60) 37/51 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +2 to all defenses
Roth (Liliane): (S-64) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -186 HP (Burning Blood 4, Resist 5 all), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8636 edit
File 131232394523.png - (35.65KB , 213x398 , georgeanaru.png )
8636
>>8635


Too focused on sustaining his magic to move, Myn nonetheless manages to follow up a curse with a powerful psychic attack against the large flaming foe.

Minor action: Curse Sankis.
Minor action: Sustain Hadar.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3416208/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3416216/

Standard action: Cast Shared Agony against Sankis.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3416218/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3416220/

>> No. 8638 edit
File 133177943985.png - (1.24MB , 1069x675 , SankisZR.png )
8638
Myn places his curse on Sankis, then adds power to the hungering zone, sapping more of Sankis's power into the void. Getting just enough focus on the fiery dwarf to issue a follow-up, Myn blasts Sankis with a bit of mental anguish as well.

Sankis's pain flows into the leyline, fueling a barrage of fireballs that manages to spectacularly miss every single target, though the ranger only evades thanks to a quick warning from the shaman, that provides an opportunity for counter-attack.

Myn uses his warlock's curse to curse Sankis.
Myn sustains hunger of hadar, which hits for 17 necrotic damage (reduced to 12, including curse damage).
Myn uses shared agony, which hits for 21 psychic damage (reduced to 16). Burning Blood 5.
Sankis's mastery of the leyline allows him to use channel the leyline without provoking opportunity attacks. Sankis consumes 4 Burning Blood charges to allow the leyline to attack 5 times, missing Myn, Torinn, Sariel, and Bernkastel, but hitting Sureiya.
Bernkastel uses powerful warning, the extra bonuses to defenses making the attack miss, and allowing Sureiya to make a melee basic attack against Sankis. The attacks still create their zones.
Tornn takes 5 fire damage for stating in a zone.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 39/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Q-64) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (K-66) 35/58 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +2 power bonus to attack rolls
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 23/55 HP (Bloodied) + 5 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (H-60) 37/51 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +2 to all defenses
Roth (Liliane): (S-64) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -214 HP (Burning Blood 1), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8640 edit
powerful warning mba (fail) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3416297/
>> No. 8644 edit
File 130593838077.jpg - (175.49KB , 354x250 , great conqueror.jpg )
8644
Not impressed by Sankis' mastery of fire, Torinn moves into a flank with Sureiya and says, "Take heart, Sureiya! He's starting to weaken!" before slashing at him again. Divine power flows from his sword and grants Sureiya a significant boost to his stamina, and Torinn motions for Folka to move next to him.

Move to M-65, with an extra +2 bonus against opportunity attacks on top of Sariel's mark, giving an effective 30 to AC
Use Strike of Hope on Sankis (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3416888/ 35, 7) and grant Sureiya 9 THPs

>> No. 8646 edit
File 133186971910.png - (1.45MB , 1069x675 , SankisZS.png )
8646
Sureiya's warning-induced attack misses Sankis, but it distracts the dwarf sufficiently that his opportunity to exploit Torinn's opening as he moves is largely missed, and the ill-timed attack is easily turned away by the paladin's shield. Torinn then strikes with an attack of his own, bloodying Sankis. The half-orc takes note of the fiery dwarf's weakness and is inspired to fight on, despite his wounds.

Sureiya's melee basic attack misses.
Torinn moves, provoking an OA, but Sankis's fiery double axe misses. Torinn uses strike of hope, which hits Sankis for 7 damage, bloodying him, and granting Sureiya 9 THP.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 39/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 39/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Q-64) 46/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-65) 35/58 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 23/55 HP (Bloodied) + 9 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Sariel (Liliane): (H-60) 37/51 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +2 to all defenses
Roth (Liliane): (S-64) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -221 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 1), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8650 edit
>>8646
Even though he remembers how badly it went last time he tried, Folka still goes for it anyway and tries to taunt Sankis into attacking him.

He shouts,"I'm right here you know! Feel free to fight me any time!"While moving himself to get a better defensive advantage and attempting to strike.



Move Action:Shift 1 square east for defensive bonus from boots of the fencing master
Minor Action:cloak of resistance daily power
Standard Action:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3417901/
If it hits, flurry of blows, damage, no slide, if I have CA somehow (probably because he's in that zone I guess), then daze with Outlaw power.

>> No. 8651 edit
File 132820271150.png - (74.24KB , 527x442 , anon_point.png )
8651
"He's starting to weaken! Guys! Stay scattered, stay strong!"
In flames, Sureiya make a short jump back trying to gather some strenght. Then he rush back at his enemy.
Movement action: Invigorating stride, shifting to K-71 and spending my second wind.
Standard action: Charging with Marauding Strike, ending charge at K-68 (25 points of damage.) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3417986/

>> No. 8654 edit
File 133196154575.png - (1.36MB , 1069x675 , SankisZT.png )
8654
Folka dodges to the side and uses his magic cloak to grant himself a bit of additional protection, though his attack goes wide and is parried by Sankis's fiery double-axe. Sureiya retreats briefly to recuperate before charging back into the fray and striking Sankis rather solidly.

Sankis roars, finally able to bring his full might to bear, and slashes forward with his double-axe, saying, "'Ave a taste o' this!" His first swing goes wide, missing both Torinn on the foreswing and Sureiya on the backswing. But he just grins and spins the axe around again, catching both warriors unaware and setting them aflame. A brief moment afterwards, the shaman and the warlock suddenly explode into flame and feel their concentration deeply affected by the fact that they are on fire.

Folka shifts 1 square, then uses cloak of resistance to gain resist 5 all until the end if his next turn.
Folka's monk basic attack misses Sankis.
Sureiya uses invigorating stride to shift 2 squares, and spend his second wind, regaining 14 hit points by spending a surge.
Sureiya charges with marauder's rush, hitting for 25 damage. Burning Blood 2.
Sankis uses double edge, which misses Sureiya and Torinn.
Sankis spends an action point! Sankis uses double edge, hitting Torinn and Sureiya for 7 fire damage plus ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends). Sankis takes 15 damage.
Sankis expends 2 charges of Burning Blood to use conflagration (minor action), hitting Myn and Bernkastel for 6 fire damage (Myn reduces to 1, Bern reduces to 4) plus ongoing 5 fire damage and they are dazed (save ends both).
Bernkastel takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends). (reduced to 3)


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 38/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-68) 39/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +1 to AC/Reflex, Resist 5 all
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (Q-64) 44/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-65) 27/58 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (M-69) 37/55 HP + 2 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (H-60) 37/51 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +2 to all defenses
Roth (Liliane): (S-64) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -261 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8655 edit
Bernkastel
Move to L-62
Saving throw: Failed http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3419126/

>> No. 8656 edit
File 133196506634.png - (1.36MB , 1069x675 , SankisZU.png )
8656
Bernkastel stumbles northwest in her daze, but the overpowering flames end up altering her course, and she suddenly finds herself a little too close to Sankis.

Bernkastel moves. When she fails her saving throw against ongoing fire damage, Sankis's !!on fire!! slides her 2 squares.

Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 38/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-68) 39/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +1 to AC/Reflex, Resist 5 all
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (L-64) 44/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-65) 27/58 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-68) 37/55 HP + 2 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (H-60) 37/51 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +2 to all defenses
Roth (Liliane): (S-64) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -261 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8674 edit
As Sankis attempts to attack Torinn, Sariel intervenes by opening a dimensional vortex, using the transportation magic to whisk Sankis away to a location much higher up. The cleaving axe is orchestrated to smash into his own body instead.

"Careful you two!" the eladrin calls, while she summons a horde of illusory warriors to assail Sankis once more.

Immediate Interrupt: Dimensional Vortex.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3421040/

Teleport straight up.

Standard: Winged Horde
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3421313/

Move: to J-60. Roth shifts to T-63.

>> No. 8675 edit
File 133212834886.png - (1.21MB , 1069x675 , SankisZU.png )
8675
Sankis finds his first attack redirected from Torinn to himself, though the fiery stab hardly seems to affect him at all. The second swing still slices lightly at Sureiya, though it doesn't even completely penetrate the protective shield of the paladin.

Sariel conjures a battalion of illusionary warriors to distract and harass Sankis while she and her fey companion slip away. "Rrrgh! Why won't ye just DIE?!" Sankis call out in frustration, swinging his axe wildly at the illusions.

The warlock finds his actions somewhat limited by the flames that distract him, though they don't hurt much.

Sankis takes 3 necrotic damage from hunger of hadar. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3421315/
Interrupt! Sariel's dimensional vortex hits, and though Sankis saves against being teleported into the air, the first attack gets redirected to Sankis himself, and he completely resists the damage. The second attack still hits Sureiya.
Sariel takes 5 fire damage from starting in a zone. Sariel uses winged horde, which hits Sankis for 9 psychic damage, and Sankis can't take opportunity actions until the end of her next turn. Sariel and Roth move.
Myn takes ongoing 5 fire damage but resists.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 38/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-68) 39/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +1 to AC/Reflex, Resist 5 all
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (L-64) 44/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-65) 34/58 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-68) 37/55 HP + 7 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (J-60) 28/51 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -273 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), can't take OAs

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8680 edit
>>8675

Despite his disorientation, Myn doesn't allow his magic area to fall apart.

Minor action: Sustain Hadar.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3421434/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3421435/

Saving throw:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3421437/

>> No. 8681 edit
File 133214207443.png - (1.19MB , 1069x675 , SankisZV.png )
8681
Myn pours his focus into the zone, barely noticing the flames that engulf him as he does so. The zone saps a bit more of Sankis's strength, but gives him enough energy to pour into the leyline and send a pair of flaming bolts streaking towards Torinn and Sariel, both of which unfortunately hit, burning them slightly and catching them aflame. Sankis laughs a bit weakly, gripping his double-axe tight.

Torinn has certainly seen better days, standing in a flaming zone while on fire.

Myn sustains his hadar zone, which hits for 16 necrotic damage. Burning Blood 1.
At the end of Myn's turn, he takes 8 fire damage (reduced to 3) from standing in the fire zone. He saves against ongoing fire and daze.
Sankis's mastery of the leyline allows him to use channel the leyline, hitting Torinn and Sariel for 6 fire damage plus ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Torinn takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-68) 39/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +1 to AC/Reflex, Resist 5 all
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (L-64) 44/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (M-65) 23/58 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-68) 37/55 HP + 7 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (J-60) 22/51 HP (Bloodied), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -289 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), can't take OAs

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8682 edit
File 133214550881.jpg - (96.58KB , 600x618 , moeblob.jpg )
8682
Finding the fire to be very painful at this point, Torinn quickly leaves the fiery square and takes position near the spirit of athas.

"You first, butterfingers," He says as he jabs at the dwarven creature again, "Maybe if you swing hard enough you'll brain yourself and save everybody here some time," the dragonborn spits. Even if he's on fire and badly wounded, he's not taking crap from this guy.

Move to O-66
Strike of Hope : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3421473/ (28, 16)
Give Sariel 9 THPs
Save : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3421474/ (8)

>> No. 8684 edit
File 133214622953.png - (1.19MB , 1069x675 , SankisZW.png )
8684
Torinn continues to hack away at Sankis, his every strike inspiring his allies to keep in the fight. Sankis spits a bit, fiery blood pouring from his face now, and replies, "Grah, can't ye see it's hopeless?! Just give up and die quietly!"

Torinn moves.
Torinn's strike of hope hits Sankis for 12 damage, granting Sariel 9 temporary hit points.
Torinn fails his save, and Sankis slides him 2 squares because of !!on fire!!. Because of the timing of the triggers I don't think this actually causes him to take extra fire damage, though.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-68) 39/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +1 to AC/Reflex, Resist 5 all
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (L-64) 44/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N-64) 23/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-68) 37/55 HP + 7 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (J-60) 22/51 HP (Bloodied) + 9 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -301 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 1), aegis of shielding, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), can't take OAs

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8692 edit
"Just shut yer face already, if it's hopeless, so be it! At least I die fighting to the last breath!"


Standard Action:Monk basic attack vs sankis' reflex
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3422129/
CRIT DICE:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3422189/
flurry of blows, 4 damage
Move Action:Shift 1 square west.

>> No. 8693 edit
File 131729193551.png - (251.20KB , 661x478 , 131649829551.png )
8693
"Fight to the last breath? This guy won't live to see that much!"
Standard action: Twin strike (geez, one hit for 11 damage) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3422351/
Movement action: Slide to K-67

>> No. 8698 edit
Sureiya is in flames! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3422447/
>> No. 8699 edit
File 133222041190.png - (1.44MB , 1069x675 , SankisZX.png )
8699
Folka's strike hits true, and a follow-up flurry leaves Sankis quite wounded and dazed. When Sureiya slices into Sankis as well, a fiery blaze engulfs those nearby, leaving them more vulnerable to being set aflame. Sureiya can't put out the fire, and Sankis snorts, setting the monk that hit him aflame, but failing to make the dragonborn catch fire. "Arrghh, ye insolent--!"

Folka uses monk basic attack, which CRITS for 18 damage, plus 4 damage from his centered breath flurry of blows. Using his theme power, Folka dazes Sankis until the end of his next turn. Folka shifts 1 square.
Sureiya takes ongoing 5 fire damage.
Sureiya uses twin strike, which misses once and hits once for 11 damage. Burning Blood 2, this triggers spontaneous combustion, which misses Folka but hits Bernkastel, Sureiya, and Torinn for 12 fire damage, and they take a -3 penalty to saving throws against ongoing fire until they fail a save. Sureiya fails his save.
Sankis consumes his 2 charges of Burning Blood to use conflagration, which misses Torinn but hits Folka for 4 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both).
Sankis fails his save against ongoing fire damage (lol). Bernkastel takes ongoing 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 35/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +1 to AC/Reflex, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (L-64) 27/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N-64) 11/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-67) 27/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (J-60) 22/51 HP (Bloodied) + 9 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -334 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), can't take OAs, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8701 edit
Once more, Sariel interferes with a well-timed shield, absorbing the brunt of the attack against Torinn.

Interrupt: aegis of shielding, reduce damage from combustion to Torinn by 7.
>> No. 8711 edit
Bernkastel
Minor action: Healing spirit on Torinn, heal torinn by his surge value +4 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3423591/
Action point: Move to G-69
Saving throw (miss) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3423670/

>> No. 8712 edit
File 133231591182.png - (1.16MB , 1069x675 , SankisZY.png )
8712
Sariel's shielding aegis protects Torinn from some of the damage, and the shaman's quick intervention allows him to regain some vitality--though since her spirit is not present, she can't grant extra healing to anyone else. She does dig into her deepest reserves of strength to find enough energy to fight the daze long enough to stumble away, however.

Sariel is in a fiery zone!

Sariel's aegis of shielding prevents 7 damage to Torinn.
Bernkastel's healing spirit allows Torinn to spend a surge to regain 20 hit points. There's no extra healing because the spirit companion is not present, and I believe Torinn is out of surges now.
Bernkastel spends an action point! And moves.
Sariel takes 5 fire damage.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 35/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +1 to AC/Reflex, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (G-69) 30/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N-64) 38/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-67) 27/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (J-60) 22/51 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -334 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), can't take OAs, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8714 edit
In spite of the flames surrounding her, Sariel makes a sweeping gesture with her blade, striking magically at the core of whatever magic's conjured them and putting them out around Torinn.

Wordlessly, she moves again.


Standard: Dispel Magic on Torinn's Zone.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3424900/
Move: D-62.

>> No. 8715 edit
Myn tosses a copious amount of magic at Sankis, taking a moment to restore his protective veil of shadows as well.

Move action: Move to U-68.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Sankis.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3424924/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3424925/
Minor action: Sustain Hadar.
Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3424928/
Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3424929/

>> No. 8716 edit
File 133235389213.png - (1.14MB , 1069x675 , SankisZZ.png )
8716
Sariel successfully dispels one of the fiery zones, and Myn channels another bolt of eldritch energy, drawing power from his gloves to empower it into a mighty blast.

"Arrgh!" the fiery dwarf cries, as the warlock's attack strikes him head-on. "I'll murderize ye--" He's interrupted by clenching his teeth as the hadar zone continues to sap his energy.

Now quite wounded, Sankis channels his fury into the leyline, raising his hand in the air--you can see a tendril of orange power connecting the very badly damaged fiend to the pulsing mass of flame above. "Even if I should fall... tha Fell King will resurrect me...!" A pair of fireballs descend on the party, and though Sureiya manages to barely dodge the one aimed at him, Folka is struck alight by the other.

Sariel uses dispel magic, removing one of the zones. Sariel then moves.
Myn uses eldritch blast with two charges from his gloves of eldritch admixture, dealing 35 damage to Sankis. Burning Blood 1.
Myn sustains his hunger of hadar, dealing 12 necrotic damage to Sankis.
Sankis's mastery of the leyline allows him to use channel the leyline, and its attack misses Sureiya but hits Folka for 4 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 31/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +1 to AC/Reflex, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (G-69) 30/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (N-64) 33/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-67) 27/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (J-60) 22/51 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -381 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), can't take OAs, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8719 edit
File 129788612424.png - (38.88KB , 208x207 , bobblehead.png )
8719
"Resurrect a madman like you? I doubt it," Torinn quips after the area of flames surrounding him dissipates. He quickly moves into position and strikes Sankis where it hurts, and also slashes at him. "You screwed up here. And after we end your brief reign, we won't have any more of his obstacles between us and shutting these leylines down." Though the flames engulfing him haven't ceased burning, Torinn stands tough in spite of his wounds. "Face it, you've failed."

Move to N-65
Valiant Strike : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3425222/ (24, 10)
Saving throw : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3425233/ (3)

>> No. 8721 edit
File 133235829393.png - (1.14MB , 1069x675 , SankisZZA.png )
8721
With a few choice words, Torinn hacks away at the madman with his sword once more, but when he feels Sankis's gaze upon him, he loses control for a moment as the flames distract him, causing him to stumble out of position. "Don't get cocky, this fight ain't over yet!"

Torinn moves. Torinn's valiant strike hits Sankis for 10 damage. Burning Blood 1.
Torinn fails his save, and Sankis slides him 2 squares because of !!on fire!!.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 31/48 HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire, +1 to AC/Reflex, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (G-69) 30/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P-67) 33/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-67) 27/55 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Sariel (Liliane): (J-60) 22/51 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -391 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), can't take OAs, dazed

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8730 edit
Folka fails to put out the flames yet again until he manages to get out of the fiery zone of doom and finally shakes it off, all while glaring angrily at Sankis.


Flowform Armor save:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3425817/
Superior Will save at start of turn:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3425837/
Five Storms Movement Technique:Shift 2 squares east
Saving throw again herp:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3425881/ (yay.)

>> No. 8733 edit
Noticing the battle is getting into it's climax, the ranger can't get too reckless ... "I will strike as soon he get distracted."
Delay turn, let Sankis move first.
>> No. 8736 edit
File 133239627775.png - (1.21MB , 1069x675 , SankisZZB.png )
8736
Folka, unable to shake off the distracting flames, quickly slips out of the zone of flame to literally shake off of the flame. It works.

The reprieve is short, however. "Ahahahaha, don't take me lightly! HIYAAA!" With one quick motion, Sankis swings his axe again, cutting deep into the half-orc. Blood sprays everywhere, and Sureiya immediately drops in a heap--even the swordmage's shielding aegis cannot save him. The backswing misses Torinn, but Sankis immediately whirls and again engulfs the monk in a pillar of fire. "Ahahahaha!" the dwarf cackles, not noticing the fire on Sureiya's unconscious form suddenly dying out.

Folka takes ongoing 5 fire damage since his saves fail.
Folka uses a movement technique to shift 2 squares.
Sureiya takes ongoing 5 fire damage.
Sankis uses double edge, and his fiery war axe CRITS Sureiya for 30 fire damage (Sariel can reduce it by 7, but it's not enough), and misses Torinn. Sankis takes 15 damage.
Sankis uses conflagrate with 0 charges, hitting Folka for 15 fire damage, plus ongoing 5 fire damage and he is dazed (save ends both).
Sureiya succeeds his save against ongoing fire damage and his death save. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3426351/ Sureiya takes 5 fire damage from ending his turn in the fiery zone.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20-1
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 16/48 HP, +1 to AC/Reflex, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (G-69) 27/47 HP, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P-67) 28/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-67) -13/55 HP (DYING), ongoing 5 fire damage
Sariel (Liliane): (J-60) 22/51 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -391 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8739 edit
Bernkastel
Summon spirit companion in k-66, give Sureiya 4thp
Saving throw: (19) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3426362/

>> No. 8740 edit
File 133239760475.png - (1.21MB , 1069x675 , SankisZZC.png )
8740
Bernkastel, still in a daze, calls back her spirit companion from the aether, granting Sureiya a bit of minor resilience. He's still unconscious, however.

(Forgot this earlier) Sankis takes 5 necrotic damage from hunger of hadar. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3426363/
Bernkastel summons her spirit companion, granting Sureiya 4 THP.


Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20-1
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 16/48 HP, +1 to AC/Reflex, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (G-69) 27/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P-67) 28/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-67) -13/55 HP (DYING) + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage
Sariel (Liliane): (J-60) 22/51 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -411 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8744 edit
Sariel first moves closer, then breaks into a charge to lash out at Sankis.

Move, then charge, ending movement at K-65.
Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3426741/

>> No. 8745 edit
File 13324390708.png - (1.27MB , 1069x675 , SankisZZD.png )
8745
Sariel looks ready to put a finish to this, but just misses the dwarf with her charging strike.

[spoiler]Sariel moves, then charges, but her melee basic attack misses.[spoiler]

Initiative
Sankis the Every-Burning (Mastery of the Leyline): 30
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): 25
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): 20
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Actual Initiative Count): 20
Sureiya (anon-kun): 20-1
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): 18
Sariel (Liliane): 18
Myn Nthelsyr (George): 15

Players
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 16/48 HP, +1 to AC/Reflex, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (G-69) 27/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P-67) 28/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-67) -13/55 HP (DYING) + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage
Sariel (Liliane): (K-65) 22/51 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (O-69, Elevation 1) Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -411 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)

Notes
Knowledge of Sankis's powers may be arcana or dungeoneering (different aspects for each check). This includes his connection to the leyline.
Failing a saving throw against ongoing fire damage while you can see Sankis has consequences.
If you willingly enter one of the fiery zones or being your turn therein, and are not taking ongoing fire damage, you take 5 fire damage. If you end your turn in the zone, you take 2d6 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
>> No. 8747 edit
File 133244306859.gif - (431.20KB , 283x425 , 1331783070359.gif )
8747
>>8745

"I wonder if 'ever-burning' means that you'll save us the trouble of a cremation...?"

Myn murderizes Sankis.

Move action: Move to T-71.
Standard action: Cast Eldritch Blast against Sankis.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3426919/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3426920/
Minor action: Sustain Hadar.
Attack roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3426923/
Damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3426927/

>> No. 8749 edit
File 133248894267.png - (1.41MB , 1069x675 , SankisZZE.png )
8749
Myn's eldritch blast leaves Sankis looking like he's on death's door, and the zone finishes the job.

"Rraggh---ARRGHHHH!!!" Sankis roars, hurling his fiery double-axe high into the air, leaning back and spreading his arms. "This--is a hollow--victory! GAAAAHHH!" With that, his body explodes into a column of flame, and the double-axe also seems to explode into fiery bits that slowly descend to the ground. The fires left by the leyline put themselves out as the leyline itself rumbles a bit--though not nearly as loudly as it did before.

Battle Final Stats
Myn Nthelsyr (George): (S-65) 35/50 HP, Darkspiral aura 4, concealment
Book Imp (Myn): (In Myn's Space) Passive Mode
Folka Shiningarm (Hideiling): (O-67) 16/48 HP, +1 to AC/Reflex, ongoing 5 fire damage and dazed (save ends both)
"Bernkastel" (Bernkastel): (G-69) 27/47 HP
Torinn Tormine (Astaroth): (P-67) 28/58 HP (Bloodied), ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Rutger (Astaroth): (Not Present) 15/29 HP, Resist 5 all Not Present
Sureiya (Anonkun): (K-67) -13/55 HP (DYING) + 4 THP, ongoing 5 fire damage
Sariel (Liliane): (K-65) 22/51 HP (Bloodied) + 4 Temporary HP, -3 to saving throws against ongoing fire
Roth (Liliane): (T-63) 15/25 HP, +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies
Spirit Companion (Bernkastel): (J-68, Elevation 1 Not present
Elemental Spirit (Bernkastel): (P-66, Elevation 1) +1 power bonus to all defenses for adjacent allies

Enemies
Sankis the Ever-Burning (Enemy): (L/M/N-66/67/68) -440 HP (Bloodied) (Burning Blood 0), aegis of shielding, ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends) DEAD
>> No. 8750 edit
Audio track21.mp3 - (1.21MB )
8750
The battle is won, though there are still matters that require your immediate attention--a few party members are still aflame, and Sureiya will die if he's not tended to.

There are also more long-term concerns. The stepping disk's link to Baldur's Gate has surely been broken, since it has been moved. Plus, there is the matter of accomplishing the task that you were sent here to do. Probably best to deal with the immediate concerns first, however.
>> No. 8751 edit
Bernkastel
First saving throw: (1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428137/
Summon spirit
Second saving throw (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428139/
Use spirit sacrifice (1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428140/
Third saving throw(1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428142/
Summon spirit again
Fourth saving throw(12) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428143/

>> No. 8752 edit
Bernkastel
Stabilize Sureiya, can't heal him because he already spent his second surge
>> No. 8756 edit
Sariel, once more, sets herself to the task of dousing her burning allies.

Heal Check to grant save to Torinn, then Folka:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428146/

>> No. 8759 edit
File 12988391278.png - (488.44KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 bothered 1.png )
8759
With Sariel's aid, Torinn is able to once again extinguish the fires engulfing him. Unable to hide how worn out he is, he slumps to the ground to catch his breath, granting his last bit of vitality to the dying ranger. Breathing heavily, he gives credit where it's due and murmurs to Sariel, "Thanks. For everything."

Glancing back at the spot where Sankis stood, Torinn lowers his head in prayer.
Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. May you find your path to your afterlife unchallenged, and never more return to this plane.


Finally, Torinn looks back at the non-functioning disc and the leyline. They still had to shut that thing down and get out of here. But there is something bothering him about all this. Somehow it feels... Familiar? He frowns at how uneasy it makes him feel. Unnamed worries gnaw at the back of his mind. The closest thing he can relate it to is a terrible sensation of deja vu.

But he'd never been in a situation quite like this one, for certain. Nothing before now ever came close to the battle they just fought. So why does it feel like he's seen this before?

With nothing else to contribute at the moment, he mulls this over while the rest of the group does their thing.


Saving throw : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3428474/ (11)
Spend second wind to heal Sureiya

>> No. 8761 edit
Bernkastel
Short rest. Sureiya will do the same if possible.
>> No. 8762 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8762
The group tends to their wounds, and Sureiya is revived without too much difficulty. There are still a number of matters to be discussed and settled among the group, however.

After a few moments, the flaming column where Sankis stood dissipates, leaving nothing but a few wisps of smoke. The fully reality of what happened when Sankis transformed is also now something you should consider: if he was a servant of the Fell King, then what does his presence here mean?
>> No. 8763 edit
Having difficulties to understand what happened, the ranger look at his comrades and ask with a weak grin. "... So what happened after I killed that foul creature? ... my mind feel very hazy ..."
>> No. 8764 edit
Sariel, slightly deadpan, comments, "I think it pertinent to commend the Warlock for that kill."

She proceeds to gesture to where Sankis's remains had been and continues, "A minion of the Fell King, down here. I presume that means the Fell King is now abundantly aware of our presence here, and may do things to the Leyline. Unless there are pressing matters, I would like to get started with that ritual immediately, lest we be attacked once more without completing our goal."
>> No. 8765 edit
File 133257743026.jpg - (48.10KB , 500x282 , dog_science.jpg )
8765
"Ohh, so it was that guy, he definitelly is quite scary sometimes!" "... Well, since we just killed his minion he's probably not in the best mood. So can I assist you in that ... how did you call it? Ritual?"
>> No. 8767 edit
Sariel frowns. "No, I do not think I shall require much aide."

ARCANA check for Leyline info: what happens if we get in.
HISTORY check for Leyline info: have people ventured in before and if so, do we have preserved records of their experiences and if so, do we know what is beyond there?
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3429559/

>> No. 8769 edit
File 133258165768.png - (1.45MB , 1069x675 , SankisZZF.png )
8769
It occurs to you that when the scroll was handed over to you, it was recommended that at least five people performed the divination ritual together.

Arcana: Well, for one thing, this leyline is embedded into the ceiling, far above your heads. Besides that, you're not sure how to actually use the leyline to pass between dimensions. Based on your investigations in the Fell Cavern and what you have learned in the Arcanimus, the leyline is a phenomenon that occurs in areas where the barrier between planes is weak. It is an intrusion of another plane, like the Elemental Chaos or the Shadowfell, on the material plane. Its presence indicates that it might be easier to use plane-shifting magic that has been more difficult to utilize in the post-Spellplague era, or that calling beings from another plane via summoning magic may be simpler. Beyond that, you are not aware of any way to manipulate the leyline. It appears solid enough, so simply moving into it is unlikely to result in passing between worlds.

History: In theory, the leyline is possibly a wellspring of untapped magical power, as its presence allows for a number of arcane "shortcuts." However, prior to this "Fell King," you are unaware of anyone successfully harnessing the power of the leyline for any purpose other than summoning forth creatures from another plane.
>> No. 8772 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
8772
Still a bit exhausted, the ranger try with a more serious tone this time.
"Are you sure? I remember something about the mission requering a few persons to be executed." Meanwhile, the Half-orc gives an inspection to the room itself
Nature (22) Dungeonerring (27) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3429827/
>> No. 8773 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8773
Sureiya isn't finding much of interest... aside from a cache hidden in the floor beneath where the throne once stood, containing a wooden box. Inside are two bottles, one containing Evermead from the Green Isles (vintage 1123 DR, worth 1000 gold pieces), and one of Berduskan Dark (vintage 1385 DR, worth 1500 gold pieces). There is also a pouch containing about 1600gp in arcane alchemical reagents.

Knowledge (Sureiya): Your sense of nature doesn't tell you much here, but your knowledge of dungeoneering says that messing around with the leyline would probably be a bad idea. The ritual will probably protect you from any ill effects of doing so, but beyond that, this thing is dangerous and volatile. Sankis was apparently tampering with it, and now that he's gone, who knows what could happen?
>> No. 8774 edit
File 129528424024.png - (139.54KB , 600x800 , discardedtarou.png )
8774
>>8764
Something clicks in Torinn's mind.

"What do you think the odds are that the other leylines already have his agents siphoning their power and standing guard over them?" he asks to no-one in particular. There were two other spots, weren't there? Yes, there were three leyline areas they needed to go find. Just three. Not four. Definitely not four.

He really hoped there wasn't a fourth.

>> No. 8777 edit
"Then we must tell the good duke he has a lot of trouble on his hands, and then I depart," Sariel responds, though not unfriendly. "I've seen enough of this war, really."
>> No. 8780 edit
Surprised by Sariel reaction, the half-orc walk toward her, and sit on the ground, as if trying to make her reconsider.
"You know, I don't blame you if you want to get involved in this any further, but we probably need to perform this ritual before heading back. Which remind me, how are we coming back?"
>> No. 8781 edit
The eladrin frowns. "Yes, quite. Now, if you want to help, then perhaps you should get yourselves ready, as I have no desire to remain in this putrid hole any longer than is strictly necessary. Unless you have something you yet wish to do, such as find some hidden hoard of treasure or summon magical faeries or whatever you lot do."

So saying, Sariel makes preparations to cast the ritual.
>> No. 8783 edit
Not impressed by the the wizard bad mood, Sureiya stand up, leave his equipment on his magical bag and prepare himself as he reply: "Heh, I have no idea about the fairies you mention, but I wouldn't mind more treasure!" as he show to the rest the loot found under Sankis throne.
>> No. 8785 edit
File 129946870751.png - (217.59KB , 480x640 , fiery.png )
8785
Torinn steps up to help with the ritual, nodding, "And I'm going to have to speak my mind with him about all this when I next see him."
>> No. 8789 edit
Bernkastel
She also helps with the ritual.
>> No. 8790 edit
>>8777
"I wish I had the luxury of just leaving after this, but I'm probably stuck until this whole thing gets dealt with! Won't the Fell King become a problem for your people too if we fail after your leaving, though?

Anyway, just point out where you need help with this ritual, if even necessary."
>> No. 8791 edit
"...I wonder if those bottles are worth too much to drink."

"Let us get this over with quickly, I've seen enough soot for one day."

Myn moves to assist in the ritualing.
>> No. 8792 edit
File 133264270031.png - (1.24MB , 1069x675 , SankisZZG.png )
8792
Sariel unravels the ritual scroll, and the six form a circle around the spot where Sankis's throne stood. At her instruction, each of them hold their hands out towards the middle, and Sariel begins to read from the scroll. A glowing circle forms, connecting those gathered, and the five feel their consciousness drifting... it's almost as if they're entering some sort of trance.
>> No. 8793 edit
Audio 50_-_Repression_(Memoro_de_la_S^tono).mp3 - (2.87MB , 50 - Repression (Memoro de la S^tono).mp3 )
8793
The leyline, the chamber surrounding you, and even your bodies seem to fade away as some sort of vision overtakes your consciousness. You feel as though you are connected to some very distant place... and you're not alone. There's something else here...

It is night. A village. Most of the nearby buildings have already dimmed their lights for the night. The tavern is somewhat still abuzz with activity, though, and there are sounds of music and laughter from within.

The somewhat plain-looking human woman, wearing a rather ragged-looking hood and clothing that heavily obscures her figure, puts some distance between herself and the activity, finding a darker, more isolated location. An alleyway between two very quiet, seemingly deserted buildings. Normally, you'd think that this kind of location would be avoided by a lone peasant girl, especially at night, but she seems to be looking for something... or someone.

"Cordelia," a voice calls out from the shadow of an abandoned wagon. The woman turns and moves to the source of the voice, and a figure emerges. The only light here is a dim lantern the woman carries, and she shines it so that you can see the figure she is meeting with. Another hooded figure, tall and built to be quite sturdy-looking. Clearly masculine. Though his face is well-hidden behind some wrappings, you can tell that his skin behind those wrappings is a dark green. You cannot make out any other details of his figures due to the low light and the cloak he wears.

"Ragrim... I've been waiting. How much longer...?" the woman asks.

The male figure shakes his head. "It's gotten worse... we need to get you out of here. This whole area could become dangerous very soon, if civil war breaks out... and I don't think that's a very big 'if' anymore."

"Where shall we go, then?" the woman urges, looking desperate. She wants an answer from him... but not the answer he can give.

"Not us. I have duties to my clan. If only things were safer... you must escape from this place. There are villages to the west... there isn't a lot of turmoil along the Surbin river. Flee there as quickly as possible. Once this matter is resolved, I will find you..." the orc begins to pull away, but the woman clings to him.

"You can't run away again!" Cordelia urges. "We... we made a promise! Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

Ragrim rests a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "When the unrest settles, I will either take you to the Spine of the World as wife of the chieftain... or I will be fleeing in disgrace to live the rest of my life out quietly with you. Whichever way the war goes, we can end our secrecy here."

"And if you die?" she looks at him, clearly angry now.

"I won't die," he says simply.

The scene suddenly drifts away, and is replaced by another. A dwarf, scorched and gasping for breath, wanders a dark tunnel. He is hunched over, limping, and leaning against the rough cavern wall to support himself.

"Damn... dammit all... tha demons... tha fortress's..." he begins, but he is interrupted by a rumbling sound coming from the tunnels behind him. He looks back, fear covering his face, and he hurries forward. "Damn...!"

Suddenly, the dwarf touches a part of the cavern wall that feels different than the rest. "Eh...?" His hand is resting on what appears to be a glass-like membrane, very warm to the touch. It was glowing softly before, but at the dwarf's touch, it seems to react rather strongly, glowing much more brightly with a brilliant, fiery orange and red. Suddenly, a voice fills the chamber--though it seems as though only you can hear it, as it is speaking directly into the dwarf's mind.

"Do you wish for the power to fight?"

That scene too melts away--and is replaced by a different cavern. This one is lit with a soft, blue glow, emanating from strange bio-luminescent moss covering sections of the walls and ceiling. The cavern is filled with the sound of metal on metal, and war cries echo. It sounds as though a great battle is taking place here, though you only see two figures. Both of them are orcs, and they are battling one another. One is clad in scale armor, decorated with spikes, and with the triangle of arrows symbol you recognize as the symbol of Many-Arrows. In one of his hands is a hefty battle axe, and his empty hand is covered with a spiked gauntlet. He is bald, but has a black beard accenting his chin.

His opponent is the figure you vaguely recognize from before--a gray-bearded Ragrim. His long hair is braided and tied back, and he wears a dragon-head symbol stitched into hide armor. In both hands he wields a jagged great sword expertly, striking forward at his opponent. It seems that Ragrim is on the offensive at the moment.

"Give up, old dragon-worm!" the orc of Many-Arrows calls out. "I am Gruumsh's chosen, and your dragons are not here to save you now! My kingdom will have no place for such cowardice!"

Ragrim replies with a roar, and a mighty swing sends Obould leaping backwards. Despite being apparently being on the defensive, Obould eyes his opponent with cool, calculating eyes, and he slowly resumes his fighting stance. "The Dragonsworn will never die, Obould! Feel the wrath of the elements!" With that, Ragrim slams his war pole into the ground, and the whole cavern begins to violently shake, and the scene disappears as an avalanche apparently engulfs the entire cavern...


You suddenly snap back to reality. It appears the ritual is now complete.
>> No. 8794 edit
File 129674887945.jpg - (278.84KB , 600x799 , armslooklikedanglinglegs.jpg )
8794
Torinn is the first to come back to awareness, blinking a few times as he tries to process what just happened.

"Did anybody else see that vision?" he inquires. "I don't recall hearing about that being part of the ritual."

And if that's what happened... What a sad fate that was.
>> No. 8797 edit
Still rubbing his eyes, Sureiya grow an answer "No ... I saw it too. There was this Ragrim guy, and ... was that dwarf ... Sankis?!"
>> No. 8813 edit
Sariel snorts. "Whatever that experience was, it is of no interest to us. Our quest is to assist in that scrying ritual, and it seems to mingle in a war. Figuring out the meaning of the past is for historians."

With a frown to Torinn, she adds, "That's no invitation for you to start figuring out what it means."
>> No. 8814 edit
>>8813
Torinn nods distractedly, already trying to think it over. But something more pressing occurs to him.

"How will we get back?"
>> No. 8815 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
8815
I've been a bit lazy about giving you XP for the last two fights, but after the Taskmaster Encounter, the encounter with Sankis the elite, and the Sankis solo encounter, the expected XP total is 10,021/10,000. You will advance to level 7 during your next extended rest.
>> No. 8816 edit
"How will we get back? ... Is the disk broken? "
>> No. 8820 edit
>>8813
"Agreed. I'm just here to do my job until I'm finally able to go back on my own quest unless something comes by which happens to coincide with it. Let's finish up here and figure out a way out, I'm tired of this burning hell."
>> No. 8821 edit
The eladrin nods. "Moving a permanent teleportation circle often does not really disturb the magic contained therein, but I do believe this teleportation ritual was using the disk as a focus of sorts... in any case, unless we can magically Summon one of the Arcanimus people here, I do believe we must find another way out."

For a brief moment, she pauses. Then she says, "It may be expedient to turn to the drow, however repulsive you might find them."
>> No. 8822 edit
File 129674887945.jpg - (278.84KB , 600x799 , armslooklikedanglinglegs.jpg )
8822
>>8821
"We can still summon Cid, if that makes any difference."
>> No. 8823 edit
As if the ranger was having problem reminding that name, he grumbles. "Sid? ... Oh right, do we still have that scroll?!"
>> No. 8824 edit
>>8823
Torinn reaches into the bag of holding and produces one of the scrolls he was given, still folded up and unread. "Got it right here."
>> No. 8827 edit
Looking at the scroll, the ranger cleans some of the sweat on his forehead and comment.
"Oh great, Do you have any idea of how to use it, though?"
>> No. 8830 edit
File 130740644285.png - (475.82KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 default 1g.png )
8830
>>8827
"Not the foggiest. But really, how hard can it be?"
Unfurl scroll and read it
>> No. 8834 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8834
Torinn doesn't really understand the contents of the ritual scroll--but he thinks that anyone could use the ritual, including him. No kind of skill is required to perform the ritual, and it should take about 5 minutes to perform.

No check required to use the scroll, but if you want to try and understand what it does, you'll need to make an Arcana skill check. You don't think you could copy it to a ritual book, however.
>> No. 8835 edit
File 130154212549.png - (57.03KB , 279x344 , adventuretarou.png )
8835
"Here goes nothing..."
use the scroll to summon Sid
>> No. 8837 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
8837
Torinn begins to read the scroll aloud, chanting strange, arcane phrases, and the scroll glows blue in his hands. Provided no one interrupts him, it only takes a few moments before a cloud of purplish-blue smoke starts to form in front of the dragonborn, growing steadily more opaque.

At the conclusion of the ritual, there is a short popping noise, and a shadowy figure of a small gnome appears in the smoke. The smoke suddenly dissipates, leaving a somewhat surprised-looking, bearded gnome wearing plain work clothes and goggles standing before you.

He looks around quizzically, in a bit of a panic, stamming, "Oh dearie dear--ah, it's you!" He notes the presence of Torinn, struggling to regain his awareness. "Ah, good, good! You're safe! The Arcanimus has been in a whiz-ding since we lost the signal to the stepping disk! What's happened here?"
>> No. 8839 edit
File 130533980957.gif - (7.83KB , 71x150 , blink blink.gif )
8839
Sighing in relief, Torinn remarks, "It's good to finally see a friendly face after all this." The dragonborn points to the stepping disc in question and explains, "The villain we dispatched brought the thing all the way here and waved it in front of our faces. With our mission accomplished, I was hoping you could help us get it working again so we could get out of here."
>> No. 8840 edit
Sariel frowns. "We had a portable Gnome?"
>> No. 8841 edit
Surprised by Sid suddenly appear and Sariel ironic comment, Sureiya can't help but laugh
"Hahahaha, apparently we had one!
Sid, please give us a hand here, the disk broke or something and we really need to get out of here!"
>> No. 8844 edit
Audio 125_Boss_Cid.mp3 - (2.18MB , 125 Boss Cid.mp3 )
8844
>>2462

"Oh dear, I'm afraid that's a bit out of my area of expertise. The S.S. Carpgristle 5000, sure, but--" Sid objects, gesturing with one hand open-palmed, before stopping mid-sentence. He thinks for a moment, then says, "Ah, but! If ya have but a few alchemical compounds with you--say about 50 golds' worth--I can get a Sending to the Arcanimus, let 'em know you're safe, and have them walk us through the process of getting the disk set back up!" He seems to be offering to perform the Sending ritual for you, if you give him 50gp worth of arcane ritual reagents.
>> No. 8845 edit
Bernkastel
Bernkastel has reagents, she will give Sid 50gp worth of them.
>> No. 8850 edit
File 133294778226.jpg - (27.75KB , 173x61 , georgesmiley.jpg )
8850
Letting the rest of the party handle the menial task of disc repair, Myn makes a mental note to investigate what he saw in the vision.

"'The power to fight', is it..."

>> No. 8858 edit
Audio 44_-_Sometime_Somewhere.mp3 - (1.64MB , 44 - Sometime Somewhere.mp3 )
8858
Sid takes the reagents he is offered, saying, "Ah, many thanks!" Noting the eladrin's comment, he turns to Sariel with crossed arms. "Well, good fellow fey, it's a bit of a story, but it involves one of my inventions and their use thereof. I was to be called if there was a malfunction. Thankfully, there were no such problems that required my attention. Still, I am glad to have been of service in this regard."

With that, the gnome pulls out his ritual book, and dumps the alchemical compounds on the ground in front of him. His eyes flutter as he begins to chant, the reagents swirling into a pool of energy that slowly seeps upwards, and spreading outwards in every direction. Sid begins to gesture wildly while performing the ritual and, with one hand, pulls out a vial and starts dripping some liquid onto the pile of compounds. The liquid briefly glows green and reacts, causing the pile of reagents to evaporate more quickly, swirling into strands of green and blue energy that dissipate slowly as they trail upwards. Finally, there are no more arcane reagents left, and Sid turns to the sky and begins to speak, his eyes shining somewhat.

"Urist, good news. The adventurers are safe. Stepping disk was moved, though, we need some instructions on how to reset it posthaste! Awaiting your reply!" With that, the magic vanishes, and Sid turns to face the rest of you sheepishly. "Sorry, the ritual has a limit of twenty-five words per casting. It'll take him about ten minutes or so to get back to us."
>> No. 8859 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
8859
>>8858
About ten minutes pass, and suddenly Sid snaps to attention, as if he is receiving a telepathic message that you are not privy to. He nods, and looks to whoever is holding or watching over the discarded stepping disk. "Urist says to set the stepping disk down under the leyline somewhere, and they'll do the rest. Apparently the leyline makes it easier to establish a connection or something, he didn't have enough words to explain it all!"
>> No. 8861 edit
File 133295996041.jpg - (538.98KB , 750x1000 , Move \'Em Out.jpg )
8861
>>8859
With all the heavy lifting involved in moving the disc, Torinn knows he'll be asked to help. So he takes the initiative.

"I'm on it," he replies. He reaches down and digs his fingers into the material as he grabs it. With a strenuous effort, he attempts to lift it. Though it might be too much for him alone.

"I could use some help," he says in a strained voice.

Strength check to lift disc : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3436629/ (18)
>> No. 8862 edit
File 131190777925.png - (95.69KB , 291x478 , kanonwithapinwheel.png )
8862
Helping the paladin to move the disk, the orc grumbles "Somewhere? Where's somewhere?"
Strenght check (25) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3436846/
>> No. 8863 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
8863
Torinn and Sureiya move the quite heavy disk into position. Sid, nodding, adds on, "Oh, and he said it'd be easier if there was someone standing on it!" Sid doesn't seem to be volunteering.
>> No. 8864 edit
File 129988119241.png - (3.96KB , 175x169 , sakutarou_hehg.png )
8864
After setting the disc down, Torinn takes a moment to work out a kink in his shoulder. The warlock was being awfully quiet again.

"Alright, now it's your turn to help out," he says to Myn. Maybe he's just tired, but he doesn't want to have to test the device himself.
>> No. 8865 edit
File 129457873262.jpg - (168.49KB , 385x900 , georgeadjust.jpg )
8865
"How lazy. It's not like he can't stand."

"I suppose that the least-charred member of our group makes the most sense as a test subject."

Myn smiles, dragging his imp along as he positions himself on the disk.
>> No. 8866 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
8866
Myn steps onto the disk, with his imp chattering in his ear the whole time.

Myn: (Familiar's Speech) "Ya'know, there's a sayin' for times like this. 'One devil will grant you power, two will rip out your throat.' Get my meaning?"

Sid motions to the warlock, saying, "That's good! Now we gotta wait. Could be some time for them to get it calibrated."
>> No. 8867 edit
Sariel shrugs.

"Let's wait, then."
>> No. 8868 edit
"Hmmm ..." Skeptic on this whole process, Sureiya ask to Sid "Ya know people at the Arcanimus are experts at this but, is this safe? With the leyline so close and this damn ritual I'm getting a bit nervous!"
>> No. 8869 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
8869
The gnome turns to Sureiya quizzically. "Eh? Ritual? What do you mean?"
>> No. 8870 edit
Nervous by his impressive lack of understanding of arcane related matters, the ranger reply in a defensive tone. "This calibration, ritual or whatever of the disks! Oh man, I wanna take a good rest ..."
>> No. 8871 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8871
Sid nods in something like agreement with the half-orc. "To be honest, I don't really understnad it much myself! But I trust those blokes down at the Arcanimus, they're--"

Suddenly, though there's no indication of any change, the warlock suddenly disappears. Myn regains his senses in the transportation room in the Arcanimus, where the warforged from before is waiting alongside Urist Ironwrought.

The rest of the party sees him disappear, and Sid cheers, "Woo-hoo! Looks like they got it working! Well, hopefully, anyway, and hopefully he wasn't just lost in another dimension or something."
>> No. 8872 edit
Just as the ranger was getting relieved to the disk working, Sid comment completely breaks the orc common sense regarding sarcasm.
"Another dimension?! ... Hey Myn! be careful!" Saying this, Sureiya run and step on the teleporting disk
>> No. 8873 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
8873
Sureiya joins Myn in the small, well-decorated room that is mostly empty save for a desk, another stepping disk (the one you recovered from the goblins in Loudwater), and the two other humanoids present--Urist and the warforged. Well, the warforged is more of a humanoid animate, but you get the point.

"Ach, good, good! We were startin' tae think tha mission'd been a failure!" Urist exclaims, nodding to Sureiya and Myn.

The warforged interjects, "Ah, but there was no need for concern. I told you they would contact us as soon as they were able."

Back in the dwarf fortress, Sid considers the half-orc's actions. "Well, that wouldn't be among my recommended courses of action, but... it seems safe! What could go wrong?" With that, the gnome hesitantly steps onto the stepping disk and is also whisked away.
>> No. 8874 edit
File 129800394717.jpg - (92.59KB , 361x378 , Ain\'t Nothin\' Like The Real Thing.jpg )
8874
Exhausted and overheated, Torinn is very blunt when he says, "Let's just get out of here, and quickly." He steps on the disk, looking quite beat up and his shoulders sagging.
>> No. 8875 edit
"I could make a list..." Sariel ventures, motioning for Bernkastel and Folka to follow and letting Roth preceed her on the teleport circle.
>> No. 8876 edit
Bernkastel
She moves to the disk.
>> No. 8877 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8877
In a few moments, all of the adventurers are assembled in the small waiting room in the Arcanimus. Urist nods to you, saying, "Good job! Ah assume tha mission was a success? Did ye successfully cast tha ritual?"
>> No. 8878 edit
File 133305287513.png - (29.36KB , 250x221 , Might As Well Be Walkin\' On The Sun.png )
8878
Tiredly, Torinn rasps, "The ritual succeeded... But the mission was..." He takes a moment to collect his breath, his mouth incredibly dry. Water would have been nice, if he hadn't poured it all out already.
"They... Were expecting us. They know."
>> No. 8879 edit
File 129610171245.png - (84.95KB , 291x478 , kan_fumana3.png )
8879
Sureiya takes his last half-empty waterskin and offers it to Torinn.
"I'm not half-sure, but we performed that..." Sureiya make a sound in a signal of dissaproval " ritual. And we fought a minion of the Fell King before that... he was quite strong, we still haven't healed up from that."
>> No. 8880 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
8880
The warforged remains silent and expressionless through the whole spiel, but Urist and Sid react rather strongly.

"Wha? But how could they know? Tha doesn't make any sense..." Urist begins.

"Ah, yes, I thought you looked a bit... singed. It was quite warm down there, however," Sid interjects. "But ya say yas encountered a minion of the Fell King? What happened down there?"
>> No. 8882 edit
File 133306019951.png - (129.73KB , 295x600 , shizu_adjust_smug.png )
8882
"Nothing we couldn't handle," Sariel interjects. "Some lunatic dwarf who insisted he was an ally to the Fell King and who manipulated the leyline. We managed to overcome the problem, but it seems there was some trouble with neighbours as well."
>> No. 8884 edit
>>8882
"Pretty much as the others said. We ran into some drow who were all to quick to help us out, but besides that, nothing really of note that the group hasn't already told you." Folka says while smelling like burnt bacon, yet making no attempt to show a care for it.
>> No. 8890 edit
Nodding to Sid, Sureiya continues. "Sankis, Sankis the everburning. Apparently he was a dwarf who received the Fell King power after a demon raid against the fortress. Which remind me, when the ritual finished all of us had a vision or something. Ragrim was fighting against Obould. He called himself the Gruumsh's chosen."
>> No. 8893 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
8893
"Wha--?" Urist seems overwhelmed by all this information. "Whoa, slow down. L-let's find a more comfortable place ta talk aboot this...!"

Urist leads the party up the spiraling ramp to the table at the top where you have held many conversations with Elayne in the past. Bernkastel does not follow due to her fear of ramps. Urist turns to the other five if you when you arrive at the comfortable meeting area, however, and nods. Apparently Elayne is not here, so he'll be the one to listen to you. "Now... let's see 'ere... first thing's first, what about this minion o' tha Fell King?"
>> No. 8898 edit
File 129607782146.png - (59.23KB , 330x443 , kan_komarua1.png )
8898
Surprised by the shyness of the shaman, Sureiya wonders how did she manage to enter that cave a while ago. "She surely is afraid of heights."
Once inside of the room, the orc try to explain it again.

"He was a dwarf called Sankis, we confronted him at the strongest point of the leyline. We don't know a lot about him, but apparently the Fell King offered him some of his powers during a fight against demons in that same fortress.
He was rather strong, a dwarf with the powers of some kind of infernal demon. Had not this guy come with us" Sureiya point Folka with his thumb "we probably wouldn't have come back."
>> No. 8901 edit
Audio 13_-_Heavens_Tower.mp3 - (5.88MB , 13 - Heavens Tower.mp3 )
8901
Urist seems taken aback by this revelation, but Sid interjects with another question, having followed you up to the meeting area. "And ya say yas had some kinda vision?"
>> No. 8907 edit
File 131232466574.png - (130.79KB , 162x170 , You Got Me So Dizzy.png )
8907
>>8901
Pausing constantly to regain his breath, Torinn relates what he saw regarding Ragrim, stating, "Yes, there was... A town. A human woman meeting with Ragrim... He was warning her... Warning her about civil war. Telling her to leave while... While he stayed behind. Promised to come back... Then there was a fight between Ragrim and Obould. A cavern where they're fighting... He slams the ground... Makes an avalanche... And there was... Sank-"

It is at this point that Torinn's voice gives out as he coughs dryly, mouthing 'water' rather desperately.
>> No. 8908 edit
"There, there."
Sureiya offers his waterskin to Torinn again, since the first time he didn't seem to notice it.
>> No. 8909 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8909
After a moment, Urist manages to procure an endless decanter and gives Torinn a glass of water. Sid strokes his beard thoughtfully as Torinn gulps down the water, saying, "Interesting... and troubling. Elayne didn't mention anything about that being part of the ritual. Dearie dear... and she's gone away to the Spine of the World now. Just left the scrolls here. Only she, the high shaman, and Halvangh know anything about it. Most troubling indeed."

Urist shakes his head slowly, and pounds a fist into his hand, asserting, "Well, they did come back safe, aye? Whate'er these visions mean, they're not harmful. May even prove useful to us, if we kin figger oot what they mean. So we gotta continue with tha mission!"
>> No. 8912 edit
File 129912511466.jpg - (23.83KB , 98x141 , pweh.jpg )
8912
>>8909
At the mention of the Spine of the World, Torinn does a spit-take. He finally understood what was bothering him. "But the enemy will reach them before we get there!"
>> No. 8915 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
8915
"Wha?" Urist seems dumbfounded. "Now yer gonna have tae explain tha one ta me."

"Curator Elayne is a powerful and learned wizard, and she is under the protection of the high shaman Mardoc of Many-Arrows... and Many-Arrows lays claim to the land they were headed to," Sid quickly points out. "Not to mention Halvangh and the compliment of guards the duke assigned them. I think they took that scary-looking orc with them too. Great googly-moogly, I can't imagine what kind of force could contend with that! I'm sure they're quite safe!"
>> No. 8916 edit
"I should point out a scraggly band of idiots managed to overpower Halvangh once," Sariel ventures. "Although I agree that their force would be quite capable, I mirror the paladin's sentiments somewhat. It would be, at the very least, comforting to know if they have reached their destination in safety."
>> No. 8917 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
8917
"Unfortunately, they're much too far from here to use Sending," Sid explains, looking lost in thoguht. "She's left Urist and I instructions for guiding yas to the other points, but had not planned to get in touch again until it was time to try and find the Fell King."
>> No. 8918 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
8918
"To the other points huh?" Being a tired, the half-orc decide to be more direct.
"Well well, that leaves me two questions.
What are they doing in the World spine? And, Where's our next location?"
>> No. 8919 edit
Audio 36_-_Anxiety.mp3 - (2.51MB , 36 - Anxiety.mp3 )
8919
>>8918
>>6183
"Ta my understandin', they be making preparations fer performin' the scryin' ritual in order tae find tha Fell King. Under Halvangh's direction, they're setting up a key point o' tha ritual there," turning to Sid, he gives the gnome an admonishing look, saying, "And if I may make a correction, I do believe she was plannin' on sendin' us a message once tha flow of power along tha leyline was traced, so we could plot out the next course of action. She does have tha power to transmit a message over this distance--though she's not here. So we'll know if they've arrived safely, I imagine by tomorrow."

Sid scratches his head and looks at you apologetically, "Ah, yes, tricksy business this is, outside my area of expertise." He looks up then, beaming again, "But! I take it my Leyline Tracer X-Traordinare functioned to expectations?"
>> No. 8920 edit
File 131671563965.jpg - (178.47KB , 458x487 , I don\'t believe this.jpg )
8920
>>8919
"Oh, right. That worked just fine." Torinn takes out the device in question, sighing, "So we have to wait before we know if they're okay or where to go next."
>> No. 8921 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8921
"Ya'know, ye just got back from a pretty tough an' harrowin' job, from tha sound of things!" Urist says, suddenly standing and brushing himself off. "So why don't ye try ta relax a bit? Shouldn't take more than a day. In tha meantime, try tae not worry yourself so much."
>> No. 8922 edit
"Speaking of 'job'," the eladrin interjects, "I admit to some confusion regarding your rather strong faith of us with this... delicate matter."

She eyes Ulrist, saying no more than this, hoping the implications to be clear enough.
>> No. 8923 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
8923
The dwarf tilts his head a bit, and puts his hands on his hips. "Ta be honest, that's not really tha kind o' thing fer me ta decide. Elayne trusts you, an' from what I hear, tha grand duke does too. And that be good enough fer me."

"As long as yas have the approval of Elayne, I'm more than happy to have ya testing my new gadgets!" Sid adds.
>> No. 8924 edit
File 130162151469.png - (84.98KB , 291x478 , ka2_fumana66.png )
8924
"So, we need to wait for tomorrow? Good thing, I wouldn't mind taking a good rest."
>> No. 8925 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
8925
"That'd be what I recommend," Urist says. "But, I figure ye'll also need some time to resupply and such. Oh, and I think Elayne left some reward packets around fer ye, I'll have ta fish around fer 'em."
>> No. 8963 edit
Scracting his head, Sureiya agrees.
"Reward, yeah that's good. I might be able to buy something pretty."
>> No. 8964 edit
"A reminder of what you are doing this for, ranger?" Sariel says, grinning for a change.
>> No. 8965 edit
"Hahahaha, it's just natural to be paid for your work, Wizard. As a hard-worker creature, I think there's clearly no the best part of the process than seeing your client with a smile and a pouch in his hands. As for the reason I need the money, well it's something personal..."
>> No. 8966 edit
Sariel snorts. "No doubt to erect a monument in your honour, what with your fleeting life."
>> No. 8967 edit
Not offended by Sariel comment, Sureiya move back, and replies.
"Well, once I become Amn hero I wouldn't mind a small monument or two!"
>> No. 8968 edit
File 12969527522.png - (14.44KB , 206x168 , dazed.png )
8968
>>8966
Handing the glass back to Urist, Torinn comments, "What does lifespan have to do with great deeds?"
>> No. 8976 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
8976
Urist disappears for a few minutes, while Sid listens intently to the group's conversation. When Urist returns, he is carrying several small pouches, and hands them over to each of you. Inside each is 400 gold pieces.

"Also, I've instructions ta allow ye to make one additional item trade-in fer an equal value item, or the same amount of residuum. If there's nothin' else though, we'll be seein' ye tamorrow."
>> No. 9046 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
9046
Sureiya takes the sword he found in the ruins and say.
"Oh yeah, I need someone to appraise this for me. This thing it's quite strong, but I would prefer to use my favorite blade. One just don't sell his family treasure, ya know.
And we should decide how the loot it's gonna be divided."
>> No. 9052 edit
Sariel shrugs. "I'd say we split everything evenly. I could use some of the gold pieces to purchase reagents and invest some more magical power in the items we currently owe to, though."
>> No. 9053 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
9053
Urist looks over the sword handed to him by the ranger, saying, "Damn shame, this be a fine blade ye've got 'ere. But if ye want, we'll trade it in. Ye'll have ta forgive us fer not bein' more generous, but supplies're tight 'round here nowadays."

"That failed assault really set us back you know!" Sid adds. "Well, if there's anything else we can do for you, please let us know!"
>> No. 9055 edit
"Thanks for the reward and all, but I suggest we get some rest and do whatever we need to soon so we can go deal with that next leyline or whatever it is. The sooner I get done helping with that, the sooner I can get back to my own business. I still don't really know my way around this city so I guess I'll just follow some of the others around I suppose."

He turns to Sariel and asks,"Are you good with enchanting? I might need my cloak done provided I can get enough of the materials for you."
>> No. 9057 edit
File 129875666734.png - (15.61KB , 217x157 , kanonheh_ib4f.png )
9057
Nodding in agreement, Sureiya continues.
"Oh yes, some rest would be good. but before that, Sir Urist can you help us to get this loot appraised? We need to sell this stuff before diving the reward" then the orc give a small smirk"maybe you are interesed in some quality booze? Hahaha!"
>> No. 9061 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9061
Urist tilts his head, saying, "Well, 'f course! If ye want tae git yer spoils appraised, tho, I'd be headin' ta the merchants. Ahm sure ye could get a good price fer any an' all valuables ye've obtained!"
>> No. 9065 edit
"Naturally, I am able to enchant well," Sariel responds. "Just inform me what needs done and I can likely get it done."

She turns to Ulrist, then, and produces her own blade. "I've been dissatisfied with this blade," she says, "as I do not know whether it is through a fault of this sword or not, but magic is easier to channel through an orb or some such. I would much appreciate if you could supply me with a crystal orb - perhaps a properly enchanted one?"
>> No. 9069 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
9069
Urist has a look at the offered sword after taking it into his own hands. He gives it a good once-over, then nods, saying, "Well, tha depends on tha enchantment, but we can certainly handle somethin' like tha. Might need some time tae actually perform an enchantment, though."
>> No. 9072 edit
Thanking Urist and Sid, the orc say his goodbye "Well, we got some stuff to do before finally taking a rest, let's start selling this stuff.
And thank you again Sid, good think we still had that scroll!"
If there are no objections, Sureiya wish to sell the loot and divide the loot. After that we should go meet whoever in the Arcanimus who is allowed to perform our equipment trade and can sell us reagents.
>> No. 9074 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
9074
Urist and Sid wish the party well as they disperse. Sureiya, and anyone who cares to join him, heads to the market, and has no problem finding some quite willing merchants willing to take the art objects off his hands and pay good gold for them. Now quite overburdened with gold, the half-orc decides to head back to the Arcanimus to divide it up.

At this point I kinda want to know who goes where. I assume Sureiya and probably Sariel will return to the Arcanimus, but if anyone else wants to head out anywhere else, that's cool too.
>> No. 9075 edit
Sariel sticks with Sureiya, lending her (read: Roth's) aid in carrying all the loot and whatnot if it doesn't fit in the bags of holding they, well, hold.
>> No. 9078 edit
Taking the initiative (because nobody else except Sariel looked interested to do it), Sureiya try to get as much he can from the loot found in the castle. If bern data it's correct, it's 7000gp and 1600 in reagents.
Then, after complex math done by the Shaman, the loot is divided into Sariel, Bernkastel, Folka and some go for Torinn.
"I still need to make an expert check this beauty, but it seems I'm already getting more than enough with this. Now, if you excuse me I need to get some magic stuff from this. Are you also coming, Sariel?"
>> No. 9079 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
9079
When Torinn, Sureiya, and Sariel return to the Arcanimus (presumably with Myn and Folka in tow), they are confronted by a somewhat panicked and distraught Sid.

"Great googly-moogly, adventurers!" he exclaims, almost running into the dragonborn in a panic on his way out the door. "Ah, erm, uh. There's, ah, been an incident! A situation, we have, yes! Oh dear, oh dear..."
>> No. 9081 edit
Sariel, at the height of calmth, a very paragon of excellence and measured reactions, responds, "Perhaps it would be best you take a deep breath and inform us of what is amiss."
>> No. 9085 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9085
"Ah, yes! It's your shaman friend!" Sid exclaims, gesturing wide with his arms. "They-they tell me that she went back to the stepping disk for some reason, back to the dwarf fortress! And then they lost connection to the disk! It still hasn't come back! We don't know what happened or what to do!"
>> No. 9088 edit
The eladrin frowns. "That... is indeed odd. She'd been awfully quiet... though, has she ever spoken much?"
>> No. 9089 edit
Sid words seem to have a stunning effect on the ranger, hesitating a few seconds, Sureiya reply
"... What do you mean you lost communication? ... Can you get ready the disks again? I'm going to bring her back."
>> No. 9090 edit
File 12973099045.jpg - (121.35KB , 268x358 , astonished.jpg )
9090
"You... What?" Torinn gapes in shock. To his knowledge, Bernkastel wasn't one to take such unnecessary risks. Which left him to ask one pressing question.

"Why?"
>> No. 9091 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
9091
"Ah, ya don't understand," Sid replies, seemingly exasperated. "I mean the disk on the other side was moved. We can't send anyone else there now! Transportation is completely cut off, we worked hard to establish the link to begin with, and re-establishing it took cooperation on both ends. Unless she contacts us, we can't do anything, other than try and use Sending to reach her!"
>> No. 9093 edit
Still holding a bag with the Shaman's part of the reward, the ranger lose his temper and exclaim
"Are you saying she teleported and then moved the disk!? ... That makes no sense!!
... But if the experts here don't know what to do there might not be much it can be done ... Why on the earth would she return to that hell?"
>> No. 9094 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
9094
Sid scratches his head and takes several steps back, clearly intimidated by the half-orc's response. "W-well, technically, we don't know who moved the disk or why. Though it does seem likely, since ya just cleared out the area, that she'd be the only one around... we were hoping ya might know what set her off."
>> No. 9096 edit
File 130687002321.jpg - (37.48KB , 282x337 , listen to me!.jpg )
9096
>>9093
>>9094
The initial shock wearing off, Torinn puts his hand on the ranger's shoulder and grips it firmly, warning him, "Easy now, Sureiya, we're not going to understand it any better by yelling at Sid." He sighs heavily and growls, "But I understand your frustration - it just doesn't make any sense! Unless she's gone back to strike a deal with the drow, there's just no reason to be there that I can think of." He looks imploringly at Sid, "Are you certain we can't go in after her?"
>> No. 9097 edit
File 130298673897.png - (258.29KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p6.png )
9097
Sid looks apologetic, and says, "I-it's not impossible, in theory, but..."

At this point, Urist comes up behind him and puts a hand on the gnome's shoulder. He looks at you sadly and says, "But in prac'cal terms, it is. Tha steppin' disk ain't workin', so tha only other way would be tae try and find a passage inna fortress from tha Underdark. Which could take weeks or months, an' we dinnae even know where ta start."

Sid does add though, "W-we can try to contact her via Sending. But we wanted to hear from you all first... thought maybe she'd told you something."
>> No. 9098 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
9098
The half orc takes a breath and try to calm down for a bit, then he gives a look to the rest of the party as if saying "What the heck is wrong with her?"
"... Right, she was interesed in the drow people living there but ... even if we deal with our part of the deal I see no reason for them to listen to her. Having the fortress for themselves they could simply take her as a hostage..."

"I'm sorry Sid, but this is too much. Can you try to contact her?"
>> No. 9099 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
9099
Sid nods and leads you back into the Arcanimus. Gathered in the chamber with the stepping disk, he casts the Sending ritual, requesting Bernkastel to put the disk down and stand on it so they can re-establish a link.

Minutes pass, and the warforged shakes his head. Sid looks down. "Looks like there's still no signal... sorry, but there's no way for her to respond directly."
>> No. 9100 edit
>>9099
"Then what can we do?"
>> No. 9101 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
9101
>>9100
Sid shrugs and looks helplessly at you, saying, "I don't know. I can't think of anyway to get back to her..."

Urist tries to butt in delicately, though he's not great at it. "'Twas her decision... we'll keep our ears open, but I think we haveta carry on."
>> No. 9102 edit
"Fantastic," Sariel huffs, making no effort to hide her exasperation. "What... just what kind of nonsense runs thro-- guh!"

The eladrin, taken by the passion of the moment, storms off in a huff. Roth, a little confusedly, chases after its master to another part of the library.
>> No. 9103 edit
Audio 孤独な深海魚.mp3 - (3.43MB )
9103
>>9101
Torinn shakes his head in disbelief. Here they were, barely escaping the last battle with their lives, now short a companion, and unable to do anything about it. Trying to distance himself from the sadness at the probable loss of life, the helplessness he felt about being unable to do anything about the situation, he thought about it from the perspective of a soldier. And his perspective told him that this was not good for morale, and low morale did not win battles. But more than that, there were several other factors were playing against them, and the odds were not in their favor. What they needed was an advantage.

He raises his head, ever so slowly, and takes a deep breath. In a calm, measured tone of voice, Torinn responds,"Understood. Please inform Duke Prestor that I wish to speak with him within the next fifteen minutes about something urgent." His weapons long since put away, the dragonborn removes his bag of holding from his belt and pulls out a length of rope, and sifts through the bag as he begins to wrap it around something in a series of complex knots.
>> No. 9104 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
9104
Listening to the apologetic comments of Sid and Urist, Sureiya got so annyoned than almost started shouting again, however Sariel did this before than him, so the orc decided to reconsider it. He's completely down with the mystery dissapareance of the Shaman, but it doesn't look it can be helped.
"... Oh man, I just wanted to take a good rest."

Looking at the Wizard walking away, Sureiya consider for a second following her, well maybe just half a second, it doesn't seem like a good idea. Then there's this thing Torinn said.
"Why do you want to talk with the Duke? I don't think he can do a thing about this ..."
>> No. 9105 edit
File 130023680217.png - (254.91KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p4.png )
9105
Urist and Sid look a bit confused at the request, and look at each other briefly before turning back to the dragonborn. It is Urist who speaks up, "If ye wanna see tha duke, I suggest headin' o'er tae tha palace. We don't really set appointments fer him 'ere..."
>> No. 9107 edit
File 129625664819.jpg - (149.10KB , 532x524 , chessboard.jpg )
9107
>>9105
"Then that makes things easier. Sid, Urist, everyone. I'll see you gentlemen later."

Without waiting for any response, Torinn walks off to another part of the library. A short while later, the doors of the Arcanimus shut behind him.
>> No. 9108 edit
"Hey hey hey! What are you going to do!? ..."
Just as Sureiya is going to follow the paladin, he stop and ask to Folka.
"I'm going to follow this fool, Do you care to join us?"
>> No. 9113 edit
Folka just shakes his head and sighs at the news, remarking,"Seriously.. I don't know that Bernkastel too well, but what could she be thinking! At least let us know or discuss it with us before you go running off into a fiery abyss or underdark."

At Sariel's outburst and Sureiya's subsequent questioning, he shakes his head no in response to his question and says."No, I'll go look for Eladrin friend Miss Sariel. I have no taste for wanting to meet with the Duke anyway. Have fun."

With that, he heads off in the direction she ran off, most likely ending up lost in a place like this.
>> No. 9114 edit
Silently pondering, Myn makes his way to follow the two to the palace as well.

"She must have had some reason to go back there... did she find something interesting without the rest of us noticing...?"

>> No. 9115 edit
File 130121837726.jpg - (122.29KB , 800x1289 , Galmod.jpg )
9115
Folka wonders off in the direction Sariel made for, while Sureiya and Myn tail the dragonborn. Dunno where Sariel is headed, so update me on that when you can~

It doesn't take long for Torinn and his companions to reach the palace, where they are admitted without issue. Once inside the grand entry hall once more, they are greeted by their usual escort.

"Oh, hello, friends! Good to see you again, yes," Letharst states, rubbing his hands together and bowing slightly. "We'd just received word on your return. Have you some business with the ducal palace?"
>> No. 9116 edit
File 130023651110.png - (15.99KB , 200x200 , blank look.png )
9116
>>9115
"I'm afraid so," Torinn replies grimly. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but indeed I do bear such bad news, and I think it very important that he should hear about it. Could we speak with Duke Prestor?"
>> No. 9117 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
9117
The tiefling tilts his head, and motions to the comfy benches situated around a low-sitting table nearby. "I'll inform the duke, but it may be a short while before he is able to see you. Please wait here until then, yes?" He then skulks off in the direction of one of the side hallways in the grand entryway.
>> No. 9118 edit
Sitting on the waiting area, Sureiya try to calm down and think a bit on the situation. He doesn't think Prestor can help their friend, so what is Torinn thinking to do?
"What are we doing here bud? I also want to bring Bernkastel back but, the Duke won't make a big difference. What's the plan here?"
>> No. 9119 edit
Sariel's found herself one of the quiet meeting rooms, poring over two specific books.

"What're the others doing?" she asks when Folka enters.
>> No. 9120 edit
File 129737251878.png - (28.12KB , 151x214 , (Jeopardy Theme).png )
9120
>>9118
Torinn takes a seat, and thinks.

Lost in thought, Torinn cryptically responds to Sureiya,
"Need to make up the difference somehow."
>> No. 9121 edit
"Hmmpt, that's not awfully specific" [i] but I understand your worries. Do you want the Duke to help us to get a new member? We have this terrible luck with our healers. I would like to know how is Michael doing."
>> No. 9122 edit
File 129988119241.png - (3.96KB , 175x169 , sakutarou_hehg.png )
9122
>>9121
"Maybe, maybe. Though I have a feeling that won't work out, which is why I'm prepared to negotiate something different." He pats Sureiya on the back encouragingly, smiling despite looking troubled, and says, "Have a little faith in me, eh?"
>> No. 9123 edit
>>9119
Finally finding Sariel, only to be surprised at how quick she's calmed down, remarks,"Well you calmed down fast.."

Taking a seat across from her, he answers her question, responding,"The ranger and the dragonborn went off to see the duke, dunno what that weird spellcaster is going to do."
>> No. 9124 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9124
After a few moments, the tiefling returns, looking apologetic. He addresses the three sitting in the entry area, saying, "The duke is quite busy with the preparations for a summit in Luruar. He is extensively briefing our envoys at the moment. In the meantime, perhaps I could go over some of your concerns in his place?"
>> No. 9126 edit
File 133236100769.png - (502.15KB , 850x900 , hmm.png )
9126
Torinn seems wary of trusting the tiefling, still not having any particular reason to do so. But with the Duke busy, he feels he doesn't have any other choice but to give him some idea of what's happening.

"Very well. First, the leyline was guarded by a minion of the Fell King. That particular minion, a deep dwarf who called himself Sankis, knew we were coming. He also seemed to know about the stepping discs and that tampering with them would make returning impossible without help. Somehow, he managed to move said disc without us seeing him pass us by, despite the mostly linear layout of the cavern." Pausing for breath, Torinn thinks harder on the last point and concludes, "Though there was a hole that a carrion crawler probably called home, so maybe one of them fetched it for him. Anyway, without the efforts of Sid and the Arcanimus, we may have been trapped down there." Torinn pauses again to give Letharst time to process what he said before continuing.

"Something to note is that the enemy could harness the leyline's power and infuse themselves with it. He was able to control it, use it against us, and drew power from it when we thought we'd beaten him. Suffice to say, it was an extremely difficult fight, and were it not for a miraculous invigoration discharged from the leyline, we'd probably be dead. This was with a group of six seasoned adventurers, mind you. And that brings me to the final bit of distressing news : Bernkastel went back without us and moved the discs. We don't know why, but without a way for her to contact us or somebody who can fix the stepping discs, we're down one person."

Trying to look at things from a practical perspective, Torinn still sighs at the loss of their comrade, reflecting briefly on what might have caused such a rash course of action. With his host likely bewildered by the stream of information and his sudden silence, he summarizes, "My point is this : The Fell King's minions knew we were coming, they were ready for six of us, and historical precedent says they'll be ready at the next location, which we don't even know about at the moment. And the enemy will almost certainly be even more powerful than the deep dwarf, and have mastery of the leyline's powers. Now that one of them has been defeated, they know what we're trying to do and will make an even greater effort to stop us. It was hard enough with six people. But even I find it hard to remain optimistic without some reassurance." Having said that, Torinn waits for a response before he makes any sort of proposal.
>> No. 9127 edit
Audio 36_-_Anxiety.mp3 - (2.51MB , 36 - Anxiety.mp3 )
9127
The tiefling takes in all this, nodding a bit, and looks ponderous for a moment. "I agree, those would be very grave concerns, yes. But how did you arrive at such conclusions? That you were expected, and such? Not everything is always as it seems at first glance, in my experience."
>> No. 9128 edit
File 130133266864.jpg - (137.86KB , 530x726 , impassive.jpg )
9128
>>9127
"Well, for starters, the dwarf said he'd been expecting us. But ven if he only knew he had visitors and not that we were a threat, the Fell King most likely knew. Perhaps that was why he reached out to him the way he did..." Torinn wonders aloud, before he recalls he didn't describe what he saw during the ritual casting, namely where Sankis stumbled upon the leyline and was contacted by a voice. "And this was quite a long time ago, too, as it has been many, many years since Boatmurdered fell. It's not uncommon for beings who draw their power on landmarks and artifacts to have a guardian put in place. If I might be so bold, I'd say that the Fell King or one of his agents was the one who contacted Sankis, and did so in order to secure that particular leyline."
>> No. 9129 edit
File 130121837726.jpg - (122.29KB , 800x1289 , Galmod.jpg )
9129
"He knew you were coming, yes. But he also stole the stepping disk that had been lying dormant there for some time, yes?" Letharst points out, tilting his head. "Perhaps he, or one of his minions, observed you arriving on the disk, and took it to investigate. That would also explain how he knew you were coming, yes?" He nods, seemingly convincing himself of something, then says, "About guardians, it does seem logical to assume you may have tough battles ahead of you in the other locales. I would rather hope the Fell King didn't quite know what we were up to just yet, however. We've been quite secretive in this matter."
>> No. 9130 edit
File 129757250051.png - (58.56KB , 330x443 , kan_fumana1.png )
9130
Trying to help Torinn with his explanation, the orc also mutters a few words.
"Whenever they expected us or not today it doesn't really matter, they do now.
We just killed one of his strongest minions and casted a strange ritual in the leyline, it would be ridiculous to assume the Fell King is not informed of this."
>> No. 9131 edit
Sariel frowns. "Calmed down? I was merely frustrated by the festering stupidity I am surrounded with."

She gestures to the books she's retrieved. "Information. I need to know what that ridiculous fop was thinking when she stormed off, that half-wit human rushing to her death."

As far as the dragonborn's quest goes, Sariel does not mention it, though she's obviously heard of it.
>> No. 9132 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
9132
The tiefling nods, appearing to look understanding. Or at least trying to. "We anticipated the Fell King would catch on eventually, yes. However, at the moment, we find it unlikely that he can be sure of where we will hit next. After all, even we do not know. Still, it is logical to prepare to fight even more of his minions in the future, yes?"
>> No. 9135 edit
File 129625045160.png - (26.45KB , 147x185 , diplomaticimmunity.png )
9135
While not entirely convinced that the Fell King's minions would not be waiting for them, Torinn presses on, "Which is why I am here to make a proposal that will, if not guarantee our safety, most certainly give us a much better chance against the forces that threaten us. With that in mind, I request that we be given a small advance payment so that everyone might be better equipped for the journey ahead."

"Of course, if it would put you at ease, I'm more than willing to do other work in the off-time to compensate for my share."

Diplomacy roll to aid with conviction : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3486100/ (23)
>> No. 9137 edit
>>9131
Folka scratches his head, unsure of what to really say after that. He didn't know the Shaman too well to really say anything, but the idiot part he's sort of seen in action already a few times.

Suddenly having an epiphany, he remembers how Sariel wanted to discuss something with him after they got out of that hellish place.

He breaks the silence by saying,
"Didn't you have something to discuss with me after we got out of that otherworldly hell?"
>> No. 9148 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9148
Letharst considers Torinn's words for a moment, then stands up. He smiles, and says, "I understand the loss of one of your teammates has put you in a difficult position. I will bring this matter to the duke's attention, and get back to you in the morning, yes?. Given your excellent performance thus far, however, I am optimistic about your chances, yes! In the meantime, I urge you to get some rest. You have been through quite the ordeal, yes?" With that, the tiefling turns to leave.
>> No. 9149 edit
File 130456574185.png - (32.14KB , 200x200 , knightarou color.png )
9149
>>9148
"Thank you for understanding," Torinn replies, turning to the other adventurers. "You heard him; let's get some rest for now and see how things turn out."
>> No. 9150 edit
File 133573361025.png - (256.22KB , 527x380 , bren.png )
9150
"... That girl, she runned away before we could even give her part of the share. Well she can't complain right now so let's share this between the group for now. Once the time comes we will have to repay her, though.
Anyways, should we return to the Arcanimus?"
>> No. 9156 edit
The eladrin frowns. "I had been curious as to where you learned our language," she replies, "though that can wait, now. Hardly a matter of grand importance, right?"
>> No. 9157 edit
>>9156
Sighs and says,"If you say so. It just seemed like it was urgent to you back there, but I probably misunderstood."
>> No. 9158 edit
>>9150
"Sure. Hopefully she's regained her cool by now."
>> No. 9163 edit
With the rest of the group(?), Sureiya arrives at the Arcanimus, and after small walk he finds Sariel and the new guy.
"Torinn asked for an advance in the next payment to get us provisions, so we might get it tomorrow." After that short explanation, the orc directs to Sariel in a nervous tone.
"...I know it's not a good time, but could you try enchanting some stuff for me? My good ol' blade and hide need to strengthen a bit. I got a whole damn bunch of reagents from exchanging that blade so it should be almost enough."
>> No. 9164 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9164
Though there may be various trials and tribulations involved in the party getting their items and enchantments together, these tasks are eventually accomplished. The treasure from the previous adventure is divided amongst the remaining five, and eventually they wander off to find places to sleep. Establishments are waiting for them in the Three Old Kegs still, courtesy of the Ducal Palace.

Morning comes, and the group gathers back at the Arcanimus. Before they can meet with either Urist or Sid, however, they are stopped by a half-elf official in expensive-looking clothes.

"Ah, you must be Torinn Tormine," he says, nodding to the dragonborn. "The duke is very pressed for time, as the situation in Luruar is continuing to deteriorate. He does, however, understand that your own situation is dire, and is making efforts to see that you receive additional compensation in the near future." The half-elf gestures a bit timidly, apparently a bit nervous in the presence of five so heavily armed and imposing individuals, and continues, "I-indeed, for the time being, I believe he's instructed the Arcanimus to turn over some items of value. Prestor would like to emphasize, however, that given the current political climate of Luarar, that you should set out to the next target as quickly as possible!"
>> No. 9166 edit
Being the rest of the party still half-asleep, Sureiya go ahead and reply to the official.
"Yeah, if everything goes nicely we should we able to depart today. By the way, could I ask you an special favor? I would like to send a few coins to somewhere in Crimmor. Do you know if there's any place here where I can send a small package?
>> No. 9167 edit
File 130456574185.png - (32.14KB , 200x200 , knightarou color.png )
9167
Before leaving : upgrade meliorating plate armor to +2 meliorating layered plate armor, take away monies/haggle as needed

It's no small relief that the Duke listened to his plea. Torinn nods graciously, replying, "Thank you, and extend my gratitude to Duke Prestor as well. Though that can probably wait for later with the situation as urgent as it is," he adds, looking meaningfully at Sureiya. It's not like he didn't approve of sending things back home - in fact he considered it quite thoughtful of the half-orc - but this is hardly the time to do so. "I think we'd best hurry inside and find our next target," the dragonborn says urgently, regarding their messenger with a disarming smile of confidence, "unless you needed to tell us something else before we go?"
>> No. 9170 edit
Ask Riri to enchant Predator's hide and Farbond spellblade to +2. I check my money and remove the according value ok.

"Well, I would rather seeing this package departing today." Then, Sureiya shows a simple package; a towel tied at the ends. From the looks of it, it probably contains a few gold coins and maybe something else"
"I'll try to keep it fast and clean alright? I'm kinda used to this place already, so I just need to know where can I pay for this service.
Once this is finished I will join you without delay."
>> No. 9171 edit
Upgrade Cloak of Resistance +1 to +2, I think I have enough gold+mats to get it.

While rejoining his companions, Folka stretches to get the sleep out of his system the whole way to the Arcanimus, and finishes doing so once they arrive. Agreeing with the others, seeing as there isn't much else to do here, he says,"Yeah, yeah. The sooner we deal with this leylines the sooner we deal with this Fell King person." Inwardly, he says,"And the sooner I get back on my own search."
>> No. 9173 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
9173
"I-I'll see what I can do," the half-elf hesitantly replies, taking the "package" that Sureiya has arranged. "It shouldn't pose a problem..." Clearly a bit unnerved by Torinn, the diplomat looks to slink away as soon as possible. "A-at any rate, I'm sure they're expecting you inside, so don't let me keep you further!" With that much, the half-elf bows and departs, as quickly as he can while still being somewhat polite.
>> No. 9174 edit
File 130026940684.png - (84.84KB , 291x478 , ka2_nayamua43.png )
9174
A bit surprised by the rush of the diplomat, Sureiya urges him to wait for a second and ask him for his name.
"Hey thank you, I could have gone by myself, but if you guys are that worried about this then I will trust it to you.
My name's Sureiya, sorry, Did you tell us your name?"
>> No. 9175 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
9175
The half-elf seems a bit startled at first, but manages to stammer a reply to Sureiya, "Er, Eugene. My name is Eugene Erikson. L-look, you don't need to worry about payment or anything, the duke's made it pretty clear to us that we're to make things as convenient for you guys as possible around here."
>> No. 9176 edit
File 130606626814.png - (85.73KB , 291x478 , kan_komarua134.png )
9176
"I see, well, thanks a bunch Eugene!"
Returning to the rest of the guys, the ranger asks.
"So, let's pay a visit to the Arcanimus."
>> No. 9177 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9177
The half-elf nods, and then resumes his departure. Once the party meets up inside the Arcanimus, they are greeted by an elf that none of them seems to have met before.

He is tall, spindly, and somewhat pale; with shining green eyes and long, blond hair tied in a ponytail, and wearing full-length purple robes with a gold embossing. He carries himself with grace, and spreads his arms wide when he spots the group, saying, "Ah, hello! You must be the adventurers everyone's been talking about! A dragonborn, a noble eladrin, a human and two half-breeds... yes, yes, must be you all."

The elf bows and addresses you somewhat casually thereafter, "We've not been introduced, but I am Elayne's apprentice. My name is Ilar. Urist has brought me up to speed on the recent happenings concerning that dreadful assault on the Shadowfell earlier. In Elayne's absence, I am taking over looking after the affairs she was personally involved in, which includes your affiliation with the Ducal Palace."
>> No. 9178 edit
File 130025852633.png - (541.42KB , 724x1174 , geo_a11k smiling 1K.png )
9178
>>9177

"...'half-breeds', is it. He'd do well to experience having half a face."

"A pleasure to meet you, Mister Apprentice. What manner of business are we to discuss?"
>> No. 9179 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
9179
"Ah, it seems there has been a small... hiccup, regarding our future plans," the elf admits, seemingly embarrassed about it. "Please follow me!"

Ilar leads you up the spiral ramp to the familiar meeting area near the top of the building. Spread out over the center table is a map of Faerun, with two red dots marked--one north of the Moonshae Isles, and one in the Plaguewrought Lands west of Tymanther. Standing near the table, flipping through a thick tome, is the familiar Urist Ironwrought. He looks up to the group as they approach, and beckons you to have a seat around the map.

"Ach, lads. Got tha sendin' froom Elayne this mornin'," Urist begins. His face switches from its default impassive to a more worried expression as he continues, "They appear ta be in noo danger, but there's been a prooblem wit' tha scryin'. The flow o' power be goin' in multiple directions. Halvangh thinks we'll be needin' ta perform tha ritual in two locations instead o' one more ta get an accurate read inta tha Shadowfell."

"Which leads us to our next problem," Ilar interjects, placing a delicate finger over the dot north of the Moonshae Isles. "The prime locations themselves. Elayne has managed to pinpoint the ideal locations at which to perform the ritual, given the results of your earlier excursion. You see, this one is emanating from somewhere deep underwater--about a half-dozen miles below sea level, and this one--" he shifts his finger to the other marker, and says, "Is likewise more than a half-dozen miles above sea level. Somewhere far above the ground. Likely lodged in one of the plague-changed hovering islands that dot the sky above Faerun nowadays."
>> No. 9180 edit
File 129737251878.png - (28.12KB , 151x214 , (Jeopardy Theme).png )
9180
"But that's closer to home than I'm comfortable with," Torinn muses to himself.

"So we need to go to one of these two locations now?" he replies aloud. "Personally I'd be more comfortable above water than below it at this point, if that matters."
>> No. 9181 edit
Sariel eyes the map curiously.

"Above the Moonshae Isles?" she queries. "I happen to know my way around those isles, if that helps any. Unless," her gaze shifts to the Dragonborn, "there are more among us who would prefer a floating isle."
>> No. 9182 edit
File 13164172561.jpg - (37.52KB , 193x288 , georgeuguu.jpg )
9182
Myn shakes his head in slight exasperation. "They couldn't come up with an option closer to the ground? Although it'd be worse with that one with us."

"A change of pace from sailing would be welcome, I think. I have a small interest in earthmotes as well."
>> No. 9183 edit
File 129909998322.png - (255.05KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p3.png )
9183
"Allow me to tell you the rest of the details," Ilar says in response to the conversation brewing amongst party members. "We are currently seeking contact with Waterdeep in regards to their formerly famous griffon-mounted knights. By all reports, they have no more griffons, but if anyone nearby knows where any are, then someone in Waterdeep will. It may, however, take some time to operate through the proper channels."

"On tha otha hand, Sid's got an idea 's tae how ta get at tha otha leyline," Urist explains, motioning carefully towards the spot near Moonshae. "'Parently he's got a contraption that'll take ye beneath the sea, an' hopefully get ye close enough tae tha leyline ta cast the ritual. He's already gone to fix it up and get it prepped. Ah think he was hopin' ye'd go see 'em." The dwarf suddenly lets out a short laugh, and adds, "Ah think he's taken a likin' ta ye!"

The elf looks exasperated and holds out his hands suddenly, "The earthmotes provide a number of difficulties when it comes to travel... if you'll give us some time, we can make the proper arrangements to see to it that you are transported safely. However, with time at a premium, it may be more prudent to proceed firstly to the undersea leyline."

A history check would be a good idea here, for anyone who wants to make one.
>> No. 9184 edit
File 133095918497.jpg - (240.01KB , 450x500 , goodness gracious.jpg )
9184
It's not like I can go home right now anyway. Hmm...
History Check : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3517024/ (21)
>> No. 9185 edit
"I would rather go to the area near Tymanther than be under the sea in some contraption that may or may not work, or safely get us there. That's just my opinion though."
>> No. 9186 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9186
"I should note that 'near Tymanther' is also more than a half-dozen miles above ground, presumably on a floating earthmote somewhere," Ilar replies, looking quizzical. "However, should you insist, we'll make the arrangements to send you to Waterdeep immediately. You'll probably have to do some of the griffon hunting yourselves in that case."

History: (Torinn, and anyone else who rolls and beats DC16) You have heard rumors that, upon the onset of the Spellplague, one of the northmost isles of Moonshae was cast beneath the waves. It's possible the sunken ruins of an ancient eladrin civilization linger somewhere around that spot.
>> No. 9189 edit
The eladrin shrugs. "It seems a poor distribution of time to invest in hunting griffons and delay the inevitable trip to the Moonshae Isles, but I know humans and their fool-hardy insistence that problems left unattended may solve themselves."
>> No. 9190 edit
Also history: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3517283/
>> No. 9191 edit
File 131469785533.jpg - (345.59KB , 850x1044 , Astaroth-sensei.jpg )
9191
"As much as I'd like to see what happened, I'd rather tend to something we can deal with immediately rather than go off on a wild gnoll chase," Torinn notes, deciding against the floating island until they can be prepared. "In any case, is this underwater area one that sunk during the Spellplague? The one that may hold ruins from pre-Spellplague eladrin society?"

"A submersible vessel traveling to sunken ruins? Not unlike what happened in the Dawn Warrior Chronicles."
>> No. 9192 edit
File 130552341030.png - (85.67KB , 291x477 , kan_odorokia453.png )
9192
What the hell...? How about a third option?
"... Yeah, we can't wait to get into this earthmote thing. So what's the plan for the underwater leyline? ..."
>> No. 9193 edit
File 130101422990.png - (318.54KB , 486x800 , 11125426_p1.png )
9193
History: (Sariel, and anyone who can beat DC23 History) In addition to the previously mentioned information, you know that in the year of Risen Elfkin, a fey city called Karador rose from the waters near Moonshae, marking the beginning of the domination of the isles by the eladrin. What is lesser known is that a few other larger fey cities emerged at the same time, but all of them but Karador fell into ruin following the onset of the Spellplague. In particular, the northern city of Heyl'r sank, and none of its inhabitants were ever heard from again. In the ten years between the two events, Heyl'r was emerging as a major center of art, culture, and music as part of the eladrin civilization established in Moonshae.

Urist and Ilar glance at each other in regards to Torinn's inquiry, and the elf manages a response, "That was... certainly nearby, yes. There's no way to know for certain whether or not the city sank in that particular location, however. No one's ever been down that far, to our knowledge."

"As tae tha plan," Urist explains, "Sid's planning ta take ye down there wit' his bathysphere thingy, then use tha leyline findin' gizmo you used in Koganusân. If ye'd rather head ta tha earthmote, we'd need ta send ye to Waterdeep tae find some griffons. We can get 'em fer ye if ye head on out wit' Sid, however. Sid's too nervous about goin' alone without some armed accompaniment, however, so we cannae send 'em alone."
>> No. 9194 edit
File 129788612424.png - (38.88KB , 208x207 , bobblehead.png )
9194
>>9193
"We're fine with using this 'bathysphere' device first," Torinn responds quickly. "Is there anything else we need to know about it?"
>> No. 9197 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
9197
"If tha be where yer intendin' ta go, then you'll need ta ask Sid fer the details. He's by the docks," Urist replies. "I admit, it's a big unnervin' since he's tha only one who seems tae really understand how thas inventions o' his work, but so far they've been quite reliable. Mostly. Yer in good hands wit' him, a'least."
>> No. 9198 edit
"Well well, I think we should give a look a this invention before taking our decision. So, Myn, Folka. What do you say? I don't like much the idea either, but we can't afford to waste time playing hunters right now."
>> No. 9199 edit
"Actually, before that, I was told that you were to provide us with some 'items of value' before we set out?"
>> No. 9202 edit
"I suppose it would do no good to go to the earthmote alone, at least. " "Such deep places tend to have interesting things as well, so perhaps it's not a waste of time."
>> No. 9203 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9203
"Ah, yes, that," the elf replies a bit hesitantly. "Well, we've managed to procure a few things for you, as per the duke's request... we are doing everything we can to provide you with further assistance, within reason."

Ilar reaches into his pouch and pulls out a few magical items, placing them on the table.

The items include a battle standard of healing, three elixirs of water walking (which you can imbibe as a minor action to walk on the surface of water until the end of the current encounter), two elixirs of water breathing, a horse's breath, an eternal chalk, and a chime of opening.
>> No. 9210 edit
Sariel eyes the battle standard.

"Helpful, considering our last one got... displaced," she comments. "Does anyone mind if I take it along, then? I suppose since the shaman left us, someone will have to work on support, and I haven't quite been able to effect much with my magic thus far."
>> No. 9212 edit
The Ranger mood get crushed at Sariel words, so he vaguely reply too her.
"... Sure, go ahead."
>> No. 9215 edit
Audio 13_-_Heavens_Tower.mp3 - (5.88MB , 13 - Heavens Tower.mp3 )
9215
"At any rate, if the undersea escapade is your choice, then I suggest heading out to see Sid at the docks as soon as you have finished your preparations," says Ilar, bowing. "I wish you luck in your endeavor."
>> No. 9217 edit
Darn, we barely know each other, Why do her disappearance feels so frustrating?
I hope the drows help her to return safe, as for us we have no time to lose.


"Should we go there then?" "I can't wait to see what Sid has ready for us now." Say the orc, in his usual sarcastic tone
>> No. 9218 edit
Sariel eyes the group.

"Then we're ready, are we not? Let us set off to... whatever his name was. Shid?"
>> No. 9219 edit
Audio 125_Boss_Cid.mp3 - (2.18MB , 125 Boss Cid.mp3 )
9219
The group departs the Arcanimus, and arrives at the docks. The last time they came here, it was to head to Waterdeep for their journey to Many-Arrows, and this time the docks are considerably less crowded. There is also additional security, as a few heavily-armored individuals seem to be scattered amongst the cityfolk, presumably members of the Flaming Fist, keeping an eye on things.

It's easy to spot where Sid is, as one of the docks is not housing a sailing ship, but a ship-sized metal vehicle. Unlike a wooden ship, this one seems mostly submerged, with only a small extension actually reachable from the dock, sealed by a hatch. The strange vehicle is shaped something like an elongated oval, and is a metallic gray in color.

A gnome is perched upon the vehicle's back, and it appears a metal panel has been removed from the hull. He is busily fiddling with the ship's innards, apparently using magic in the process, and does not notice your approach. You quickly recognize the gnome as Sid, though his face and clothes are so stained by grease it was hard to tell at first.
>> No. 9220 edit
File 133761021759.jpg - (54.94KB , 114x172 , sakutarou_happy.jpg )
9220
"Ahoy there!" Torinn calls out to Sid, admiring the smooth metallic submersible, "Is this your new vehicle for plumbing the depths of the ocean?"
>> No. 9223 edit
File 130466399513.jpg - (17.31KB , 167x225 , sid.jpg )
9223
Sid is a bit startled by the dragonborn's approach, fumbling and sending one of his tools flying into the air, but he quickly composes himself and snatches it as it falls before turning back to the approaching dragonborn. "Ah, very very good! You're here! I was just making some last-minute adjustments to my latest..." the gnome stands, and gestures dramatically to the metallic vehicle, saying, "...the Undersea Beta Zero Autonomous Transport! Indeed, it as you surmised, it is designed to travel deep under the waves without succumbing to water pressure, and without the possibility of leaks! Yes, yes, I've woven many protective wards into the hull, just in case. No fear, no fear, comrades! This baby is safe, super safe in fact! I guarantee it, and I'll be personally accompanying you this time around to make sure you are transported there and back safely!"

Sid stands atop his contraption, hands on his hips, apparently beaming with pride over his work.
>> No. 9224 edit
The eladrin remains a little unimpressed.

"How long would the trip take us?"
>> No. 9225 edit
>>9224
>>9223
"It looks really good Sid! But I'm still a bit worried about this. Do it has any kind of defense against undersea creatures?"
>> No. 9226 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9226
Sid begins to climb back onto the dock, first working his way along the hull and then heading towards the hatch. As he does so, he explains, "The trip is a few hundred miles. Luckily, this baby gets about 12 knots. Trip should take no more than two days! But as to the question of sea monsters..." He looks to the half-orc uneasily, and says, "I'm not a designer of weapons. However, the guidance system includes a device that can broadcast very powerful sonar pulses, which should ward off any troublesome wildlife. Furthermore, this hull's heavily reinforced with both fine craftsmanship and magic wards. Pressure's a far greater concern than weaponry, but she's built to withstand both, I assure you."

The gnome turns away for a moment in order to pop open the hatch, then turns back to the group and suggests, "I know she's not quite as spacious as the average sailing vessel, but I've tried to make it roomy enough for a small group to travel for a few weeks without becoming uncomfortable. We'll only be a few days, so I don't reckon it'll be a problem!"
>> No. 9227 edit
File 130265529787.jpg - (101.03KB , 276x286 , amazement.jpg )
9227
"12 knots? That's... Faster than an airship!" Torinn exclaims in awe after spending several seconds mentally translating the speed to something more conventional (and using his fingers to count). Being the first to step forward onto the craft, he pats the gnome on the back (gently!) and grins when he says, "You've really outdone yourself this time with this... UBZAT of yours. I'm impressed." Getting caught up in curiosity, he requests, "Mind showing us around below deck after we set off?"

Of course, the dragonborn has already climbed down the hatch by the time he asks. A curious mixture of eagerness and urgency driving him on. There was a lot at stake, after all. "Come on, you lot!" he calls back to the group, voice booming, "Quit being scaredy kobolds and get in here!"
>> No. 9228 edit
"Scaredy kobolds? hahaha, I will show him later."
Giving a small peek to the boat, Sureiya asks.

"That should do the trick. Is this boy ready to depart?"
>> No. 9230 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
9230
"Oh, aye! She sure is, ready to go!" Sid replies, nodding enthusiastically. "It's real a shame the Starlight Intercontinental Delver won't be ready in time for your other assignment, but she still needs a few months of work. Even the name on that one is still a work in progress!" Beckoning you towards the hatch, he says, "Now don't be shy, go ahead and climb on in when you're ready to go!"
>> No. 9231 edit
Myn boards the watery metal deathtrap.
>> No. 9234 edit
Sariel facepalms. "What brightened Grumpy Old Man's day?" She boards anyway.
>> No. 9235 edit
Folka gets on the weird submarine thing.
>> No. 9236 edit
File 129490478099.png - (257.40KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p5.png )
9236
The group boards the transport without much more incident. After entering, each of you needs to climb a short, stable metal ladder down a well-lit upwards corridor that leads into the belly of the ship, which is sparsely decorated. Sid indicates that the controls are towards the front of the ship, in a cockpit-like area with a great many magical and mechanical gizmos that are indecipherable at first glance. Towards the back, the ship's center level splits into two levels of sleeping areas with a connecting common area, that is perhaps unexpectedly spacious, and there are two unused rooms that have desks and chairs set up in them. The sleeping areas are individually separated, and though not very big, furbished with comfortable-looking cots and with shelves set into the walls for personal effects (that can be sealed off in case the transport happens to roll or tilt).

Once you've been shown around the ship, Sid makes his way back to the front of the ship and begins to work the controls until the ship begins to back out of the port and head out to open sea. He tells you that you'll be remaining near the surface for most of the journey, and only submerge when you're close to the destination.

In the meantime, you have two days for yourselves.

Brief time to interact or whatever you want, because we're starting a new adventure/dungeon crawl when we reach the area near the leyline. I'll be updating again in a day or two to start this.
>> No. 9238 edit
File 133808967584.png - (939.75KB , 600x1200 , the fool.png )
9238
Asking a fair number of questions along the way, Torinn watches Sid steer the ship for a couple minutes before heading back to the commons. Anybody else he runs into is informed which room he decided on, and that he needed to store some items away for safekeeping.

When he reaches his quarters, Torinn pulls the bound package out of his bag of holding - half a half-dozen thick books that he'd borrowed from Halvangh's tower and finished reading - and delicately sets it inside. As well as the rest of the books he was lent, save one. Then he seals them up tight, ensuring that, even if something happens, Halvangh's old books should be safe for a while.

Finally, with all of that out of the way, Torinn returns through the commons and settles into a chair with his latest tale. The faded letters on the cover are almost completely illegible, though there is a somewhat preserved woodcut of an eladrin on the cover.

And he begins to read silently.

>> No. 9244 edit
"Traveling is boring, and traveling by sea is doubly so... although, it's a rare chance to remain clean for once. If that fell fool were to attack the city, we wouldn't be made to journey for weeks on end, at least."

Myn wanders over to a cot, attempting to entertain himself during the downtime with his small supply of wine.

>> No. 9246 edit
File 129910793379.png - (253.80KB , 494x478 , 11125426_p2.png )
9246
>>9245
New thread!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason