[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nitronet]  [nitroib4f]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
Death by poison.

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Post a Reply
File 140371259442.png - (1.49MB , 1137x749 , streetsoftyr0.png )
4817 No. 4817 edit
The hustle and bustle of a lively market gradually dies down as you turn onto a nearby street. The stalls are eerily vacant, and you don't see any other people. At least, not right away.

Yells of surprise and alarm mix with the sounds of heavy boots and claws on Tyr's cobbled streets. From one end of the lane, two thri-kreen are bounding in your direction. On overlooking rooftops, a handful of elves throw off cloaks and snatch throwing chatkchas from their belts. From the other end of the street, three burly dwarves hustle toward you. Behind the dwarves strides a determined-looking human in a long cloak. He bears the insignia of the city of Urik: a roaring lion.

Expand all images
>> No. 4818 edit
One of the rooftop snipers hurls its throwing star at Killua, but the clever rogue is too nimble for him to land a hit on. The elf falls back, then... Vanishes. You don't know if it's crouching or using some sort of magic, but you've completely lost sight of it. One of the thri-kreen takes advantage of this distraction and charges Killua, slashing at him with its claws and drawing first blood.

A dwarf conscript narrows its eyes and lets out a cry of battle, then charges at Kudust with a gouge, promising horrific damage on contact. Kudust blocks the attack with the help of his trusty shield, to which his opponent replies with a wordless snarl.

Glenn is hit with the chatkcha thrown by another of the elves, as is the ghostly ally accompanying the party; the latter isn't hurt quite as badly. The enemies take cues from their ally and step back, disappearing from sight and sound. The other thri-kreen hurls its own chatkcha at Killua, scoring a hit against him, then moves between him and Glenn for whatever purpose. Speaking of, Glenn fails to block another shot from a rooftop sniper, who likewise hides away after the attack completes.

The opening salvo finished, the human takes the opportunity to speak.
"Rejoice, dogs of Tyr. Hamanu, the Lion God, has chosen you to join the ranks of his worshippers. You should feel honored!" His lips curl into a wry smile. "However," he explains, unable to mask the glee in his voice, "I'm afraid that this is going to hurt."

The air around the Templar crackles with sparks of black lightning. "A lot."

Last edited at 14/06/25(Wed)09:34:15
>> No. 4819 edit
File 140371417779.png - (1.46MB , 1137x749 , streetsoftyr1.png )
4819
Elf Sniper 3 misses Killua with Chatkcha
Elf Sniper 3 uses Elven Misdirection and moves away, becoming hidden

Thri-kreen Bounder 2 charges Killua with Claw for 7 damage, ending its movement at F-6

Dwarf Conscript 3 uses Singular Focus against Kudust, gaining a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against him until the end of the encounter
Dwarf Conscript 3 charges Kudust with Gouge, but misses, ending its movement at F-10

Elf Sniper 2 hits Glenn with Chatkcha for 5 damage
Elf Sniper 2 uses Elven Misdirection and moves away, becoming hidden

Elf Sniper 5 hits Ves with Chatkcha for 2 damage (reduced from 5)
Elf Sniper 5 uses Elven Misdirection and moves away, becoming hidden

Thri-kreen Bounder 1 hits Killua with Chatkcha for 7 damage
Thri-kreen Bounder moves to E-7

Elf Sniper 1 hits Glenn with Chatkcha for 5 damage
Elf Sniper 1 uses Elven Misdirection and moves away, becoming hidden


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Kudust (Misha) : 13
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Ves (Voyager) : 10
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Killua (anon-kun) : 10
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (D-8) 23/33 HP
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (E-10) 42/42 HP
Ves (Voyager) : (G-9) -2 HP Half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (F-7) 19/33 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not Present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not Present)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (C-16)
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7)
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6)
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13)
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14)
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (F-11) +5 bonus to damage against Kudust
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (I-8, elevation 2)
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (??)

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.
>> No. 4820 edit
File 140371931717.png - (31.97KB , 128x128 , Thri-kreen.png )
4820
Nature (Kudust) : Kudust doesn't know any more about these elves, dwarves, or the human Templar than your average person would.

But he is familiar with the thri-kreen. Thri-kreen bond with their clutch mates and greater pack. This cohesion amplifies their hunting and fighting prowess. Thri-kreen prefer to hunt nonsentient creatures, but they make exceptions in desperate times. They do not fight for vengeance; rather, they safeguard their freedom and attack only when threatened. Thri-kreen who stray from this norm are nearly always under the influence of malevolent creatures, spirits, or curses. Shamanistic desert talkers lead the thri-kreen rituals to connect with ancestral spirits. Each thri-kreen taps into the race's memory. Some ancient memories reveal that the thri-kreen once held a powerful empire of their own.

These are thri-kreen bounders. They are level 6 minion skirmishers who make up for weak defenses with deft agility (they have a move speed of 7, and are trained in athletics). This attribute shines when confronted with those who would harm it with bows and thrown weapons, as it is extremely good at dodging projectiles (its Deft Dodger trait gives it a +2 bonus to all defenses against ranged attacks). Up close, it can slash an enemy with its Claw attack, while from afar it can hurl its Chatkcha at a target, which returns to its hand after being thrown. Finally, if it evades an attack, it can slip away and reposition itself with a mighty leap (its Mantis Bound triggers when it is missed by an attack; as a free action, the bounder can jump 3 squares without provoking opportunity attacks).

>> No. 4821 edit
File 140372027248.jpg - (8.14KB , 118x129 , occupied.jpg )
4821
Withdrawing his shield to bring his craghammer to bear, Kudust says simply, "Ye'll regret thoose words, friend." With a bone-crunching smash, he sends the nearest dwarf stumbling backwards towards his fellows, and the three have their position compromised by the awkward stagger of the now-wounded one. The stalwart warden bears follows up by bearing down on the group fearlessly, his face grim and determined as he surrounds himself with foes and invokes nature's wrath to turn their attention towards him.

Standard Action: Use disrupting advance on the dwarf conscript 3, 22 to hit for 18 damage (added crippling crush damage). Push to C-14 thanks to brutish disruption, it is also slowed until the end of my next turn. The two adjacent dwarf conscripts are slowed until the end of my next turn and take 4 damage from crippling crush. http://orokos.com/roll/203116
Move Action: Walk to C-13.
Free Action: Nature's wrath to mark the three adjacent dwarves.
Nature checks: http://orokos.com/roll/203105 24 for the thri-kreen, 10 or lower for the rest

>> No. 4822 edit
File 14037229771.png - (1.45MB , 1137x749 , streetsoftyr2.png )
4822
Kudust slams his craghammer into the other dwarf, sending it hurtling back several feet from the impact. The dwarf conscript tries to steady itself, and ends up unbalancing itself and its allies in the process. Kudust closes the distance and allows himself to be surrounded, then invokes the powers of nature to draw the ire of his enemies.

The last sniper gets a lucky shot in on Killua, creating a small gash and leaving him looking quite wounded. It, like the others, withdraws and conceals itself completely.

The Templar simply looks amused.


Kudust hits Dwarf Conscript 3 with disrupting advance for 18 damage, pushing it to C-14; it and the other Dwarf Conscripts are slowed until the end of his next turn; the two adjacent Dwarf Conscripts also take 4 damage
Kudust moves to C-13
Kudust uses Nature's Wrath and marks all the dwarf conscripts until the end of his next turn

Elf Sniper 4 hits Killua with Chatkcha for 5 damage, bloodying him
Elf Sniper 4 uses Elven Misdirection and moves away, becoming hidden


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Kudust (Misha) : 13
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Ves (Voyager) : 10
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Killua (anon-kun) : 10
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (D-8) 23/33 HP
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 42/42 HP
Ves (Voyager) : (G-9) -2 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (F-7) 14/33 HP (bloodied)
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not Present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not Present)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (C-16)
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7)
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6)
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -4 HP, slowed, marked
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -4 HP, slowed, marked
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -18 HP, slowed, +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (??)

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.

Last edited at 14/06/25(Wed)12:03:27
>> No. 4823 edit

Arcana check for Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (please ignore the unlabeled and meaningless nature check) http://orokos.com/roll/203149
Arcana reroll http://orokos.com/roll/203150
Nature knowledge checks for Thri-Kreen Bounder, Dwarf Conscript, Elf Sniper http://orokos.com/roll/203152
Nature rerolls for just Thri-Kreen Bounder and Dwarf Conscript http://orokos.com/roll/203153

----------

Knowledge checks summary.

Arcana:
(29) Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu http://orokos.com/roll/203150

Nature:
(29) Thri-Kreen Bounder http://orokos.com/roll/203153
(26) Dwarf Conscript http://orokos.com/roll/203153
(29) Elf Sniper http://orokos.com/roll/203152


Last edited at 14/06/25(Wed)13:04:51
>> No. 4824 edit
>>4823
Nature (Ves) : Ves knows everything about the Thri-kreen Bounders that Kudust knows.

Elves are tall, long-legged desert rovers whose tribes wander the face of Athas. Traders and herders, elves rarely stay in one place for long. They are also charlatans, entertainers, thieves, and raiders. Each of the great city-states hosts a branch of the Elven Market - a never-ending bazaar where the elves (and others who deal in goods of dubious origin) sell their wares. Many elven goods are cheap baubles of little worth, or were stolen from their rightful owners. Still, elves have a knack for being in the right place at the right time to peddle their wares, and even the most officious templar appreciates the selection of goods in the elven market.

Normally hired out to protect merchants, and their own caravans as well, an Elf Sniper prefers to keep watch from the rooftops, in shadowy corners, and anywhere it can hide. It is a level 3 minion lurker who attacks primarily at range. It uses its chatkcha to attack, then slips into wherever it can hide, flawlessly blending into the shadows (Elven Misdirection allows the sniper to move up to two squares. If it has any cover or concealment, it can make a Stealth check to hide; finding them requires a DC 25 perception roll if they are hidden from you). From there, it can cause significant harm to creatures that are unawares (Sharpshooter's Advantage allows the sniper to deal 3 extra damage against any creature it is hidden from). When forced into melee, they fall back on daggers carved from bone to defend themselves (Bone Dagger is a melee basic attack).

The dwarves of Athas are known for their stoicism and single-mindedness. They fix their minds on the task at hand, whether it is a challenging feat of engineering, an intricate work of craft, a struggle for survival, or a quest for revenge. It's just not in their nature to abandon a task or leave work half-done; dwarves set aside the object of their focus only after much grumbling and coercion.

Dwarf Conscripts are workers by trade, drafted into military service. Work hardened laborers, they are ready, and able, to fight, kill, and die to drive away their enemies (a Dwarf Conscript is a level 2 brute). They have the typical hardiness inherent to dwarves (Stand the Ground can allow it to reduce any forced movement by 1 square, Steady-Footed allows it to roll saving throws to avoid falling prone). Their weapon of choice is usually the gouge, which is every bit as grisly as its name implies (on a critical hit with its Gouge attack, the conscript pushes the target 1 square and knocks it prone). Their single minded stubbornness is weaponized as a focus upon a single enemy, and they will attack their prey until it is dead (Singular Focus lets the conscript choose an enemy; it gains a +5 bonus to damage rolls against that enemy until its target drops to 0 hit points or fewer, at which point the power recharges).

As for the templar, he is an agent of Hamanu, and radiates all the confidence that his position affords him. He is quite strong, and his attacks are varied as a templar who openly defiles (Sarhan is a level 4 elite controller). He calls upon the power of his master to deliver punches that have deceptively long reach (Hamanu's Fist has a melee reach of 2, and attacks AC; it deals psychic damage on a hit, and Sarhan slides the target 1 square). The baleful gaze of the Sorcerer-King is a forceful presence that inspires dread (Hamanu's Glare is has a range of 5, attacks AC, and deals psychic damage on a hit, and Sarhan pushes the target 2 squares). Otherwise, he can attack many nearby enemies by summoning ghostly shackles (Fettering Glare is a close burst 2 that targets an enemy's will; on a hit, the target takes psychic damage and is knocked prone; if the attack hits, the next ally of Sarhan that damages the target before the end of Sarhan's next turn can reroll one attack roll before the end of that ally's next turn, using either result). Most of his powers, however, trigger in response to things happening to him. He can seep life from an ally to recover from crippling afflictions (Borrowed Chance is an immediate reaction to Sarhan getting afflicted to a save ends effect; one ally within 10 squares of Sarhan takes 9 necrotic damage, and Sarhan makes a saving throw against the triggering effect; if he fails his save, the power is not expended), create an invisible aura of empowerment (Mantle of the Sorcerer King is a free action that triggers when an enemy is adjacent to Sarhan at the start of his turn; that enemy grants combat advantage until the end of Sarhan's current turn. If Sarhan attacks and damages the triggering enemy while this effect is active, one ally of his can make a basic attack as a free action against that enemy), retaliate when he is hurt (when Sarhan is first bloodied, his Reprimand of the Sorcerer King triggers as a no action and attacks will; creatures in a close burst 2 that are hit take 7 psychic damage) (Soul Chasm triggers when Sarhan is bloodied, creating an aura 1 that deals 5 necrotic damage to any other creature that ends its turn in the aura), and when using powerful attacks (Defiling Attack triggers when Sarhan rolls for a power that he cannot use at-will; it allows him to make 2 attack rolls and use either result; the target of the attack and one of his allies takes 4 necrotic damage that ignores resistances and immunities). As for what he means about making you one of Hamanu's worshippers, you are unsure.

>> No. 4825 edit
"Only their leader needs to die" Killua says, rather composed considering the situation.
Clever Strike against Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (31) (non-lethal)
Shift to G-6
http://orokos.com/roll/203148

>> No. 4826 edit
>>4824
With a lot of narrating to do, Ves starts with the most important detail. "That one uses mental attacks. Get him first!"

Relay other details after that.
>> No. 4827 edit
File 140373959169.png - (1.46MB , 1137x749 , streetsoftyr3.png )
4827
The assassin Killua has no problem exploiting an opening created by his ally, and bashes the blunt end of his knife against the thri-kreen's face. This knocks it out cold. He then shifts into position to attack the other bounder, as Ves relays the dangers they encounter.

Killua hits Thri-kreen Bounder 1 with Clever Strike and knocks it unconscious
Killua shifts to G-6


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Kudust (Misha) : 13
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Ves (Voyager) : 10
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Killua (anon-kun) : 10
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (D-8) 23/33 HP
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 42/42 HP
Ves (Voyager) : (G-9) 12/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (G-6) 14/33 HP (bloodied)
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not Present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not Present)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (C-16)
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7) Unconscious
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6)
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -4 HP, slowed, marked
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -4 HP, slowed, marked
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -18 HP, slowed, +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (??)
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (??)

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.

Last edited at 14/06/25(Wed)16:40:19
>> No. 4828 edit
File 140375552298.png - (57.46KB , 251x359 , eri1.png )
4828
"I have an object of worship already, but you are welcome to convert to venerating the spirits. You can start by promising not to defile."

A long-forgotten water spirit engulfs most of the battlefield, drowning annoyances to unconsciousness.

Free action: Elemental Spirit boon to conjure spirit companion to J-11, elevation 2.
Move action: to F-9.
Minor action: Mage Hand to J-6, elevation 2 (should be just above the roof)
Standard action: Spirit of the Healing Flood. Half damage on a miss. Allies in burst have 2 regen while bloodied, and can end the effect on self as a minor to heal 10 HP.
http://orokos.com/roll/203213
http://orokos.com/roll/203214
No action: Heroic Effort to turn the 9 into a hit.


Last edited at 14/06/25(Wed)21:08:44
>> No. 4829 edit
File 13907593808.png - (42.10KB , 419x248 , 1371878551351.png )
4829
"Lower thine weapons lest- ribbit- Never mind..!"

With haste, Glenn hops towards the closest Dwarf and strikes.

Minor: Berserker's Charge
Standard: Charge Dwarf Conscript 2 http://orokos.com/roll/203268

>> No. 4830 edit
File 140382223617.png - (1.48MB , 1144x749 , streetsoftyr5.png )
4830
A spirit of water appears on the nearby rooftop as Ves quickly takes action. The shaman glides into the most effective position for her next action, conjuring an invisible hand that fills nearby enemies with nameless dread. With great effort, Ves conjures a spirit of ages gone by, of rain and flooding waters that flow through her allies and empowers them. The elves on the rooftops, the dwarves in the streets, the thri-kreen threatening Killua, all experience the sensation of drowning in a great flood as spiritual waters cascade over them. The snipers and bounders are unable to endure, and pass out, while one of the dwarves appears to be in poor shape.

Glenn, meanwhile, focuses his anger upon an enemy and charges down one of the coscripts, his fullblade's impact only slightly absorbed by the dwarf's hide armor. One of the conscripts nearest to Kudust manages to deal a fairly heavy blow to him with its gouge, while the dwarf than Glenn charged attacks the bullywug in kind. While Kudust's intervening strike isn't able to hit its mark, neither is the conscript's, as Glenn proves too agile to hit even with his heavy armor.

The templar steps forward, moving past the nearby cart with little impedement, then stopping near Glenn and Kudust. Black lightning arcs from his hands as he draws upon the vitality of the two, as well as one of the conscripts, to fuel his reckless magics.
"I am Sarhan, templar of Hamanu," he proclaims, the ground beneath Kudust and Glenn erupting in spectral chains, "Behold the glorious boon he has gifted me with!" Glenn and Kudust are yanked to the ground with terrible force by the psychic shackles, leaving both of them in very bad shape. He turns his gaze to the ghastly apparition that wiped out most of his following and glares at her.

"Disappear," his voice booms, directing a psychic attack with the intent to eradicate the ghost; Glenn takes advantage of his preoccupation and delivers a heavy blow to him that causes his energies to miss their mark. Sarhan scowls at Glenn, snarling, "Insolent frog!" The injured conscript, fearing no retribution from Kudust, brings his hammer down on Glenn and knocks him out cold.

Kudust feels the power of the rain spirit revitalizing him, but one solid hit would still take him completely out of the fight.


Ves conjures her Spirit Companion at J-11, elevation 2 as a free action
Ves moves to F-9
Ves conjures a Mage Hand at J-6, elevation 2
Ves uses Spirit of the Healing Flood hitting Thri-kreen Bounder 2 and all the Elf Snipers, knocking them unconscious (after expending Heroic Effort); she also hits Dwarf Conscript 1 for 12 damage and misses the other two for half of that; this bloodies Dwarf Conscript 3

Glenn enters the Berserker's Charge stance
Glenn charges Dwarf Conscript 2 and hits for 11 damage, ending his movement at D-13

Dwarf Conscript 1 uses Singular Focus against Kudust, gaining a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against him until the end of the encounter
Dwarf Conscript 1 hits Kudust with Gouge for 17 damage

Dwarf Conscript 2 uses Singular Focus against Glenn, gaining a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against him until the end of the encounter
Dwarf conscript 2 attacks Glenn, and Kudust's Warden's Fury misses; Dwarf Conscript 2 misses Glenn with its Gouge

Sarhan moves to E-14
Sarhan uses Defiling Attack dealing 4 necrotic damage to Kudust, Glenn, and Dwarf Conscript 2, allowing him to roll twice on Fettering Glare; both Glenn and Kudust are hit for 16 psychic damage and fall prone, Kudust failing her saving throw against it; the next ally of Sarhan that hits them before the end of his next turn can roll twice on attacks, and Kudust and Glenn are both bloodied
Sarhan spends an action point! Sarhan uses Hamanu's Glare against Ves, provoking an opportunity attack from Glenn; Glenn hits Sarhan for 20 damage by enhancing with Power Attack; Sarhan's attack just barely misses

Dwarf Conscript 3 hits Glenn with Gouge for 16 nonlethal damage, knocking him unconscious until he is healed; the dwarf can roll twice on its next attack roll and use either result

Kudust regenerates 2 HP


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
[s]Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14

Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Kudust (Misha) : 13
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Killua (anon-kun) : 10
Ves (Voyager) : 10
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (D-13) 0/33 HP (unconscious) regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 7/42 HP (bloodied) regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone
Ves (Voyager) : (F-9) 12/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force, regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (G-6) 14/33 HP (bloodied), regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (J-11, elevation 2)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not Present)
Mage Hand (Voyager) : (J-6, elevation 2)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (E-14)
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7) Unconscious
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6) Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -16 HP, slowed, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Kudust
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -10 HP, slowed, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Glenn
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -24 HP (bloodied), slowed, +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked, roll twice on next attack roll
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (A-6) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (A-10) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (J-5) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (J-8) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (J-12) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.

Last edited at 14/06/26(Thu)15:41:44
>> No. 4831 edit
File 140382324834.gif - (52.62KB , 300x360 , dwaratha.gif )
4831
Temporarily overwhelmed by the templar's psychic power, Kudust's expression remains nevertheless resolute as he rolls over and slowly picks himself up, waiting for a sign that it's time to counter-attack.

Immediate Interrupt: warden's fury misses. http://orokos.com/roll/203330
Stand the Ground: Save fails http://orokos.com/roll/203331
Delay until after Ves

>> No. 4832 edit
Killua holds too, waiting for the best time to sneak in.
Delay after Kudust.
>> No. 4833 edit
"We need you conscious, Frog. You can sleep when you're dead."

Move action: G-10. Spirit companion moves to D-14, elevation 1.
Minor action: Healing Spirit, targeting Glenn for surge+4 healing. Kudust gets the 1d6.
- Requesting Ribbit, Ribbit to heal us, too.
Standard action: Ready action. Trigger: Glenn standing up.
The action is Ironbreaker Claws against Dwarf Conscript 2 (D-14). On a hit, Glenn can MBA the same dwarf as a free action.

>> No. 4834 edit
File 140383283854.png - (1.47MB , 1144x749 , streetsoftyr6.png )
4834
The shaman works tirelessly to keep the group alive, moving into action and sending her spirit companion to provide aid. A boon of primal energy surges through Glenn and brings him back from unconsciousness, while the spirit stands poised to strike as soon as he is upright again.

Ves moves to G-10 and moves her Spirit Companion to D-14, elevation 1
Ves uses Healing Spirit, healing Glenn for 12 hit points; he is no longer unconscious; Kudust is healed 1 hit point http://orokos.com/roll/203385
Ves readies an action to use Ironbreaker Claws against Dwarf Conscript 2 when Glenn stands from prone


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
[s]Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14

Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Killua (anon-kun) : 10
Ves (Voyager) : 10
Kudust (Misha) : 13 (delayed)
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (D-13) 12/33 HP (bloodied) regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 8/42 HP regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone
Ves (Voyager) : (G-10) 12/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force, regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (G-6) 14/33 HP (bloodied), regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (D-14, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not Present)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (E-14)
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7) Unconscious
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6) Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -16 HP, slowed, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Kudust
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -10 HP, slowed, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Glenn
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -24 HP (bloodied), slowed, +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked, roll twice on next attack
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (A-6) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (A-10) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (J-5) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (J-8) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (J-12) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.
>> No. 4836 edit
File 140383837526.gif - (467.26KB , 200x200 , deal with.gif )
4836
Climbing to his feet, Kudust braces himself and calls upon his inner reserves of strength before swinging his stone hammer in a whirling arc, attempting to force his enemies to the ground. As his hammer connects with the last one, the warden stomps the ground, and the earth beneath his own feet as well as the feat of each of the other dwarves begins to creak and rumble.

Move Action: Stand from prone.
Minor Action: Use second wind. Regain 10 hit points, gain a +2 bonus to all defenses and an additional +4 to AC until the start of my next turn.
Standard Action: Use roots of stone on all the dwarf conscripts. 25, 26, and 26 to hit 1, 2, 3, for 11 damage. In addition, I create a zone of rippling earth in a close burst 1 that lasts until the end of my next turn, any enemy that leaves the zone takes 4 damage and falls prone. Note that this hit also knocks the dwarves prone because they are slowed (World Serpent's Grasp). http://orokos.com/roll/203398
Free Action: Use nature's wrath, mark each adjacent enemy until the end of my next turn.

>> No. 4837 edit
File 14038476453.png - (1.49MB , 1144x749 , streetsoftyr7.png )
4837
Back on his feet, Kudust revitalizes himself and braces against further attacks. Ripples of power flow through the cobblestones as the warden swings his hammer. The weapon connects with each of the conscripts, and knocks two of them flat on the ground. Further tremors threaten them if they should move away.

Kudust stands from prone
Kudust spends his second wind and regains 10 hit points; he also gains a +2 bonus to defenses and a +4 bonus to AC until the end of his next turn
Kudust uses Roots of Stone and creates a zone in a close burst one; All the dwarf conscripts are hit for 11 damage, and Dwarf Conscripts 1 and 3 are knocked prone; if any of the conscripts leave the zone, they will be knocked prone and take 4 damage
Kudust uses Nature's Wrath to mark all the conscripts until the end of his next turn


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
[s]Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14

Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Ves (Voyager) : 10
Kudust (Misha) : 13 (delayed)
Killua (anon-kun) : 10 (delayed)
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (D-13) 12/33 HP (bloodied) regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 18/42 HP (bloodied) regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, +2 to defenses, +4 to AC
Ves (Voyager) : (G-10) 12/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force, regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (G-6) 14/33 HP (bloodied), regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (D-14, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not Present)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (E-14)
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7) Unconscious
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6) Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -27 HP (bloodied), marked, +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, prone
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -21 HP, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Glenn
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -35 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked, roll twice on next attack, prone
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (A-6) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (A-10) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (J-5) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (J-8) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (J-12) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.
>> No. 4838 edit
File 140385279336.jpg - (15.29KB , 320x180 , 4546546546.jpg )
4838
After the Ghost saves the day with her magic tricks, Killua moves ahead and throws a glance to the remaining enemies.
Not very smart, not very tough, but they might hurt a little. Their boss is a different thing and he would rather catch him vulnerable. He decides to stay away and just throws his left hand dagger against the weakest dwarf.

Minor to heal 10 hp (Should be at 26 because regen 2)
Move to G-11
Ranged attack against Dwarf Conscript 3 (The roll says its a charge but its because I messed up) (17, 17 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/203413

>> No. 4839 edit
File 140385343022.png - (1.48MB , 1144x749 , streetsoftyr8.png )
4839
Killua invokes the boon of the rain spirit to immediately close most of his wounds. With his injuries no longer a concern, the rogue leaps onto a nearby crate and hurls a dagger at the weakest of the dwarf conscripts. The blade spins through the air and hits the prone dwarf blunt end-first, knocking him out.

Killua ends Spirit of the Healing Flood's effect to regain 10 hit points
Killua moves to G-11
Kullua makes a Ranged Basic Attack against Dwarf Conscript 3 for 17 damage and knocking it unconscious


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
[s]Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14

Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Ves (Voyager) : 10
Kudust (Misha) : 13 (delayed)
Killua (anon-kun) : 10 (delayed)
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (D-13) 14/33 HP (bloodied) regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 18/42 HP (bloodied) regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, +2 to defenses, +4 to AC
Ves (Voyager) : (G-10) 12/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force, regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (G-11) 26/33 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (D-14, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not Present)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (E-14)
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7) Unconscious
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6) Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -27 HP (bloodied), marked, +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, prone
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -21 HP, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Glenn
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -52 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked, roll twice on next attack, prone Unconscious
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (A-6) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (A-10) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (J-5) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (J-8) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (J-12) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.
>> No. 4840 edit
File 139071909144.png - (53.06KB , 419x248 , 1371878400312.png )
4840
>>4817
Glenn motions to the friendly ghost with a nod.

"Thank ye watery maiden, thine healing is most timely."

Free: Ribbit, Ribbit when made to spend that surge
Move: Stand from prone
Free: Granted MBA http://orokos.com/roll/203486
Minor: Battle Wrath
Standard: MBA on Sarhan http://orokos.com/roll/203493

>> No. 4841 edit
File 140397783573.png - (1.46MB , 1144x749 , streetsoftyr9.png )
4841
While being healed, Glenn uses his unique physiology to share his vitality with Kudust. The frog jumps back into a standing position, and Ves's spirit companion seizes the opportunity to bash the dwarf it was hovering over, sending it stumbling right into Glenn. Glenn uses the opening for an attack with the flat part of his blade, and the dwarf conscript falls. Taking a more aggressive stance, Glenn strikes a glancing blow against Sarhan and draws his ire.

The last conscript climbs unsteadily back to its feet and takes a moment to weigh its options. The disapproving glare of the Templar is all it needs to reaffirm its conviction, delivering a crushing blow that pierces Kudust's defenses and sends him to the ground unconscious. With the warden down, the dwarf focuses on Glenn, preparing to assault him at a moment's notice.

A brief wave of dizziness hits Glenn, and Sarhan punches at him, fist infused with arcane might. A last-second sword parry is all that saves the frog from being thrown into the jaws of the conscript, and Glenn is rewarded with seeing the Templar lose his temper. The minion of the Lion God moves into a position to flank Glenn, just waiting for the dwarf conscript to step over Kudust's unconscious body to begin the beatdown.


Glenn uses Ribbit, Ribbit healing himself and allies within 3 squares for 4 HP; he also regenerates 2 HP
Glenn stands from prone
Ves' Ironbreaker Claws hits Dwarf Conscript 2 for 15 damage, bloodying it; Glenn is granted an attack that hits for 11 damage, knocking the conscript unconscious
Glenn changes his stance to the Battle Wrath stance, gaining a +2 power bonus to damage rolls
Glenn hits Sarhan with a Melee Basic Attack for 13 damage

Dwarf Conscript 1 stands from prone
Dwarf Conscript 1 CRITS Kudust with Gouge for 23 damage and knocks Kudust unconscious; Singular Focus recharges
Dwarf Conscript 1 uses Singular Focus on Glenn, gaining a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against him until the end of the encounter

Sarhan's Mantle of the Sorcerer King triggers, and Glenn grants combat advantage for this turn
Sarhan just misses Glenn with Hamanu's Fist and loses his boon
Sarhan shifts to E-13

Kudust cannot make death saving throws against unconsciousness, so his turn is skipped


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
[s]Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14

Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Kudust (Misha) : 13 (delayed)
Killua (anon-kun) : 10 (delayed)
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Ves (Voyager) : 10 (delayed)
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (D-13) 18/33 HP regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, Battle Fury Stance
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 0/42 HP (Unconscious) regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone
Ves (Voyager) : (G-10) 12/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force, regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (G-11) 26/33 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (D-14, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not Present)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (E-13) -33 HP
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7) Unconscious
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6) Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -27 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Glenn
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -21 HP, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Glenn Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -52 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked, roll twice on next attack, prone Unconscious
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (A-6) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (A-10) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (J-5) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (J-8) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (J-12) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.

Last edited at 14/06/28(Sat)10:51:36
>> No. 4842 edit
Killua notices the ghost murderous intent and waits just a little more before making his move.
Delay after Ves
>> No. 4843 edit
"We recommend not interfering with the healing spirits. This isn't giving them a very good first impression."

Minor action: Healing Spirit. Target Kudust, healing for surge+4, and 1d6 for Glenn. http://orokos.com/roll/203636
Minor action: Spirit of Athas, conjured next to Sarhan.
Standard action: Spirit of Athas attack vs. Sarhan. http://orokos.com/roll/203639
- On hit, -2 penalty to attack and defenses until EoNT.
- Spirit is dismissed, giving +2 to defenses for allies who were within 2 squares of the spirit.


Last edited at 14/06/28(Sat)12:34:36
>> No. 4844 edit
File 140398515869.png - (464.85KB , 800x600 , killua.png )
4844
Killua jumps ahead and faces the maniac that planned the ambush, throwing him a glare full of contempt. "You know what else hurts? A knife in your face."
Then, just after saying something like that, he forcefully stabs Sarhan in the leg, knocking him down.
Move to F-13
Assassins's Shroud against Sarhan
Dazing Strike against Sarhan (32, 23 damage after Takedown Strike) http://orokos.com/roll/203642

>> No. 4845 edit
File 140398892866.png - (1.47MB , 1144x749 , streetsoftyr10.png )
4845
The spirit companion once again imparts healing energies, this time giving the bulk of it to Kudust and only some to Glenn. Kudust is conscious once again. Ves then conjures an elemental spirit adjacent to Sarhan; dust swirls in the air as an elemental of earth and stone appears, then charges Sarhan. It bursts on impact, damaging the templar and and leaving behind motes of earth that infuse and bolster Ves's allies.

Killua moves to flank Sarhan with Glenn, placing a shroud of darkness over him using his powers of shadow. The shroud is removed to reveal a weak point for him to strike at, and Killua does so, knocking Sarhan to the ground and leaving him reeling from the blow. This triggers a surge of psychic energy that batters Glenn and Killua both, once again putting the heroic frog in peril.


Ves uses Healing Spirit on Kudust, healing him for 14 HP and healing Glenn for 1 HP
Ves conjures the Spirit of Athas at E-12
Ves uses the Spirit of Athas Attack and hits Sarhan for 10 damage; Sarhan takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and defenses until the end of her next turn; the spirit is dismissed, and each ally gains a +2 bonus to defenses until the end of her next turn

Killua moves to F-13
Killua uses Assassin's Shroud on Sarhan
Killua hits Sarhan with Dazing Strike and uses Takendown Strike as a free action, dealing 23 damage; Sarhan is knocked prone and dazed until the end of Killua's next turn; Sarhan is bloodied and uses Reprimand of the Sorcerer King, hitting Glenn and Killua for 7 psychic damage; Glenn is bloodied

Glenn regenerates 2 HP


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
[s]Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14

Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Kudust (Misha) : 13 (delayed)
Ves (Voyager) : 10 (delayed)
Killua (anon-kun) : 10 (delayed)
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (D-13) 14/33 HP regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, Battle Fury Stance, +2 to defenses
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 14/42 HP (bloodied) regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone, +2 to defenses
Ves (Voyager) : (G-10) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force, regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (F-13) 23/33 HP +2 to defenses
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (D-14, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Dismissed)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (E-13) -66 HP (bloodied), prone, dazed
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7) Unconscious
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6) Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -27 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Glenn
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -21 HP, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Glenn Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -52 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked, roll twice on next attack, prone Unconscious
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (A-6) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (A-10) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (J-5) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (J-8) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (J-12) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.
>> No. 4846 edit
File 139112630525.png - (63.88KB , 419x296 , 1371968996926.png )
4846
Noting the wounded Dwarf Conscript, Glenn focuses his attention towards it.

Move: Shift to E-14
Minor: Berserker's Charge
Standard: Charge Dwarf Conscript 1 ending on C-14 (20,20) http://orokos.com/roll/203801

>> No. 4847 edit
File 140406615168.png - (1.51MB , 1144x749 , streetsoftyr11.png )
4847
With the templar unable to stop him, Glenn moves back a few paces and changes up his footing. In a stance suitable for charging, he does just that, bringing his blade to bear against the last conscript and bashing it heavily with the flat part of his blade. The conscript can take no more punishment, and falls to the ground.

Sarhan focuses his wrath on the apparition, giving Killua an opportunity to stab him in the back. With an angry roar, he unleashes a blast of psychic energy upon Ves, but she manages to avoid the worst of the attack.


Glenn shifts to E-14
Glenn enters the Berserker's Charge stance
Glenn charges Dwarf Conscript 1 with a Melee Basic Attack and hits for 20 damage, knocking it unconscious

Sarhan uses Hamanu's Glare against Ves; this provokes an opportunity attack from Killua that hits for 16 damage (http://orokos.com/roll/203832); Sarhan hits Ves for 6 psychic damage and pushing her 2 squares to H-8


Initiative
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : 26
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : 25
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : 17
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : 16
[s]Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : 14

Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : 14
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : 11
Kudust (Misha) : 13 (delayed)
Ves (Voyager) : 10 (delayed)
Killua (anon-kun) : 10 (delayed)
Glenn (keiki) : 10
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : 7
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : 7
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : 6

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (C-14) 16/33 HP (bloodied), regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, Battle Fury Stance, +2 to defenses
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 16/42 HP (bloodied), regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone, +2 to defenses
Ves (Voyager) : (H-8) 8/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force, regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (F-13) 23/33 HP +2 to defenses
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (D-14, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Dismissed)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (E-13) -83 HP (bloodied), prone, dazed
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7) Unconscious
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6) Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -27 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Glenn Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -21 HP, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Glenn Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -52 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked, roll twice on next attack, prone Unconscious
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (A-6) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (A-10) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (J-5) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (J-8) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (J-12) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check, or arcana for figuring out Sarhan's abilities.
-Market stalls, tables, barrels, stacks, boxes, and anything other than cobblestones that's not sand is difficult terrain.
-The shops and residences are blocking terrain, and require a strength check to enter. Climbing to a rooftop requires a DC 15 athletics check. The slanted rooftops are 10 feet high and difficult terrain. Creatures on the rooftops have cover against creatures at lower elevations.
>> No. 4848 edit
File 140407726388.gif - (547.11KB , 416x240 , mou ikkai fish.gif )
4848
Kudust pauses for a moment, again taking his time getting up, to wait until the rogue can get into position.

Delay until after the rogue.
>> No. 4849 edit
File 140407780396.jpg - (31.21KB , 600x450 , 133697716810.jpg )
4849
Seeing his prey rather weakened, the rogue moves for the "kill". He stabs the lunatic again, leaving it ready for further damage and stays ready to counterattack him.
Shift to E-14
Riposte Strike! (17 damage) Ready to counterattack if I get attacked of one ally adjacent to me. http://orokos.com/roll/203862
Sneak in the attack against Sarhan
Assassin shroud on Sarhan

>> No. 4850 edit
>>4847
Ow, my head.

"Still not convinced? But you can't argue with the importance of water and its spirits. Do you need a reminder?" asks Ves, dessicating the templar with her hand and absorbing the moisture.

Minor action: Spirit's Sacrifice giving me 4 THP.
Minor action: Call SC to E-13, elevation 1.
Standard action: Charge Hamanu (to F-12) with Corrupting Touch. http://orokos.com/roll/203869
- On a hit, vulnerable 1 all, and using Stolen Years. Also, Sneak in the Attack extra damage. http://orokos.com/roll/203870
No action: Stolen Years. Corrupting Touch hit target is weakened (save ends) and I gain a healing surge.


Last edited at 14/06/29(Sun)15:17:01
>> No. 4851 edit
File 140408221743.png - (1.51MB , 1144x749 , streetsoftyr12.png )
4851
Killua moves around Sarhan and delivers another successful stab in the templar's back. Preparing to counter if he or his allies are harmed, Killua marks the weakest part of the templar's armor. This makes it easy for Ves - after reinvigorating herself with the help of her spirit - to charge down Sarhan. Her hand reaches through his flesh, and Sarhan is subject to terrible pain as both moisture and time are stolen from him. He ages rapidly, hair growing white, skin becoming pale and wrinkled, and gasps, "How... could... before his head smacks against the pavement and his eyes roll back into his head.

Killua shifts to E-14
Killua hits Sarhan with Riposte Strike and will counter if he or his adjacent allies are attacked
Killua uses Sneak in the Attack against Sarhan
Killua places his Assassin's Shroud on Sarhan

Ves uses Spirit's Sacrifice and gains 4 THP; her spirit companion disappears
Ves calls her spirit companion to E-13, elevation 1
Ves charges Sarhan with Corrupting Touch for 8 necrotic damage, plus 12 damage from Sneak in the Attack, plus Stolen Years leaving him weakened (save ends), killing Sarhan


Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (C-14) 16/33 HP (bloodied), regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, Battle Fury Stance
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (C-13) 16/42 HP (bloodied), regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP, prone
Ves (Voyager) : (F-12) 8/14 HP +4 THP, half damage from all but psychic and force, regen 2 while bloodied, end for 10 HP
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (E-14) 23/33 HP +2 to defenses
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (E-13, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Dismissed)

Enemies
Sarhan, Templar of Hamanu (enemy) : (E-13) -120 HP (bloodied), prone, assassin's shroud, vulnerable 1 all, weakened[/save ends DEAD
Thri-kreen Bounder 1 (enemy) : (E-7) Unconscious
Thri-kreen Bounder 2 (enemy) : (F-6) Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 1 (enemy) : (B-13) -27 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Glenn Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 2 (enemy) : (D-14) -21 HP, marked, +5 bonus to damage against Glenn Unconscious
Dwarf Conscript 3 (enemy) : (C-14) -52 HP (bloodied), +5 bonus to damage against Kudust, marked, roll twice on next attack, prone Unconscious
Elf Sniper 1 (enemy) : (A-6) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 2 (enemy) : (A-10) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 3 (enemy) : (J-5) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 4 (enemy) : (J-8) Unconscious
Elf Sniper 5 (enemy) : (J-12) Unconscious
>> No. 4852 edit
>>4851
Surprised, Ves quickly retracts her hand. "... Did I overdo it? Oh well... The spirits must not have liked him."

With Ves's supervision, her Unseen Servant begins searching the templar's body.

Last edited at 14/06/29(Sun)23:32:41
>> No. 4854 edit
File 140412230010.png - (49.30KB , 256x256 , urist.png )
4854
Urist gets up and rights himself, trying to catch his breath. "Damned fool..." he mutters, looking to the templar. "But wha does Hamanu want wit' us?"

Stand from prone. Wait until I regen to 22 hit points, then use a minor action to regain 10 and be up to 32 hit points.
>> No. 4855 edit
Action points spent
None

Healing surges remaining
Glenn : 9/10
Kudust : 11/13
Killua : 7/7
Ves : 5/4

Experience Gained
1041 experience points (260 experience points each)
>> No. 4856 edit
Killua scratch his head, a little troubled by the now white haired, dead templar.
"Ah, it would have been more convenient to kill him after the answered a few questions. Well, you got him pretty badly, didn't you?"
Go and loot the minions, take any weapon from them.
>> No. 4857 edit
File 132053424896.png - (372.29KB , 536x886 , sak_a13 default 1.png )
4857
While the rest of the party cannot see it, Ves's faithful servant scrutinizes the belongings of the Templar. First is his yellow token of office, a stylized lion roaring. A simple examination shows that it isn't gold, but crystal instead, making it worthless to the average merchant. Within the pockets of Sarhan's cloak, the servant procures a small sack tied with a string, containing 550 gp. In his other pocket, he has a bottle of ink with a stopper in it, and several long, thin bones that could be used as needles. Off the top of her head, Ves doesn't know the significance of this (it requires a hard DC Arcana check).

The others collect 3 gouges, 54 chatkchas, and 5 bone knives off of the other foes. It's far too much for him to carry by any stretch of the imagination.

You can hear the sounds of the city slowly returning, which likely means having to deal with the Tyrian Guard, the city's watch.

>> No. 4858 edit
File 140415800489.png - (112.46KB , 600x270 , 1371958151257.png )
4858
Glenn gestures to the rest of the party.

"Ribbit. Take what thee must and let us be our way, I wish not to tangle with the city guard."
>> No. 4859 edit
File 135892973691.jpg - (272.30KB , 1280x720 , 1332822318886.jpg )
4859
Picking up the dagger he threw before, Killua nods to the frog-man.
"Well, they're good at cleaning up, so let's run and let em' handle this."
>> No. 4860 edit
>>4859
"Here, carry these," says Ves, as the unseen servant hands Killua the templar trinkets.

She then focuses on discerning the flow of the spirit world around said items.


Speak with spirits and an Arcana check (28) http://orokos.com/roll/204103
>> No. 4861 edit
File 132012252818.png - (21.13KB , 200x200 , sak_expert.png )
4861
Arcana (Ves) : The pot of ink and needles are almost certainly used for inking tattoos. This is because it is known that Hamanu developed a ritual that allows him to use the tattoos as the endpoints of psionic compulsions. When Hamanu or one of his high templars performs this ritual, those who bear the tattoos are forced to telepathically anwer questions put to them. Thus, if he had succeeded, you would potentially be interrogated by Hamanu or his templars, at any time, all while they sit comfortably behind the safety of the walls of Urik.
>> No. 4862 edit
>>4858
>>4859
>>4861
"So he was a mind control tattoo artist. I agree. Let's go elsewhere for supplies."

For now, Ves follows the party as best as she can by moving from one hiding spot to the next. Whenever she has the time, Ves takes one minute to conjure a Silent Image to make herself look like a solid creature. It lasts for 1 hour or until discharged.
>> No. 4863 edit
Once everyone's ready, Killua leads the colorful party to somewhere else less dangerous.
Streetwise check to lose the crowd that saw us fighting/looting (19) http://orokos.com/roll/204118
>> No. 4864 edit
File 140418313847.jpg - (102.12KB , 1558x406 , moetanks.jpg )
4864
Kudust looks hesitant, then replies cautiously, "An' where were ye plannin' to escape too? We still gotta find tha Face in tha Stone." Looking around nervously, he adds, "Could be a good excuse tae skip town if ya ask me. Start by followin' tha trail of tha lost caravan. Or we could find out wha those lads wanted with us..."
>> No. 4865 edit
>>4864
"Anywhere but right here with the dead body. But before we set out, can we afford a wagon, maybe enclosed?"
>> No. 4866 edit
"Well, I was going to kill him anyway."
"Let's make haste first, we'll worry about shopping later."
>> No. 4867 edit
File 131766743133.png - (488.32KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 default 1.png )
4867
Deftly avoiding any pursuit, the group traverses through the alleyways and back into the crowded areas of the marketplace. The sounds of commerce return as the group reemerges in a bazaar several blocks away, still within the Merchant District. The guards patrolling the streets don't give them a second glance.

The party finds themselves in the Iron Square, the crowded central terminus of the district. Shadowed by the large ziggurat built of blocks of varying hues, stands from the various merchant houses sit, staffed by members of lower ranks; one of House Shom's vendors, a small hooded figure, glances your way.

A variety of wares are being peddled, some of them being of dubious value and veracity (one man is trying to sell 'dragon detectors' : twigs with strips of paper on the end). While there are many exotic animals in small cages, there's no sign of wagons or beasts of burden for sale, all of them being used by the merchants to transport their goods. Hilariously, in spite of the name, there is no sign of any metals being openly sold.

>> No. 4868 edit
File 140424581586.png - (240.08KB , 615x518 , 18541534561231.png )
4868
"That guy, he probably knows us" the rogue motions the party to the small guy from House Shom. Once they face it, Killua introduces himself.

"Greetings, good sir. We're the adventurers that took the House Shom's request to find the hidden temple. We're currently looking for some goods, a beast of burden and some sort of wagon. It would be a great help, were we to find any survivors."
Diplomacy (16) http://orokos.com/roll/204341

Last edited at 14/07/01(Tue)13:19:41
>> No. 4869 edit
File 131827574750.png - (374.92KB , 536x886 , sak_a23 bothered 1.png )
4869
The figure hesitates for a moment, then moves in close. They produce a scroll from within their robes and, after flipping it around a couple of times, clear their throat and speak in a deep, gruff voice. "Adventurers," it states, speaking slowly, "The administration of House Shom wishes to extend the services of the bearer of this letter in whatever capacity they are able to aid with your quest. They are... Capable... Of fending for themselves, and should be of great benefit to you in the event of battle. Please consider taking them with you to the Face in the Stone."

The figure waits for a response, then seems to remember Killua's question. "Follow me," it replies, then heads around the ziggurat at a somewhat fast pace, without bothering to check and see if the party would follow. At the very least, they don't seem to be heading to the Warrens..

Insight (Ves) : Though the speaker is trying to mask it, and they're doing a very good job at it, you can tell that they are not using their real voice. Furthermore, they sound as though they had difficulty reading what was written on the scroll.
>> No. 4870 edit
Killua follows the creature and asks the rest of the party to do the same.
>> No. 4871 edit
>>4869
"You're not showing your face to your coworkers?"

I'll follow too.
>> No. 4872 edit
File 139107413916.gif - (300.74KB , 400x225 , hidamari vision.gif )
4872
Though suspicious, Kudust decides that his best use would be to follow and protect the rest of the party in case they get into trouble.

Follow the party and keep an eye out for trouble.
>> No. 4873 edit
File 135663225528.png - (489.52KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 laughing 1.png )
4873
The person slows for a moment, but does not stop walking. They don't turn to face Ves, or her illusory doppelganger. But her question is answered in the same gruff voice, easily heard, easily understood. "My appearance makes it very difficult to be taken seriously," it explains, coming up on the Smith's District. "I would prefer not to show, not within the city walls."

Chimneys stab through the roof of every building here, billowing smoke in various greys. You are led past the Brickyards that built the ziggurat, past the walls of the Slave Pits, and past the workshops. Two large buildings are your destination, with a small sign hanging over both of them, reading "Rarvin's Wagonworks". There are several wagons set out in front of the shops, a few of them covered, some not. Pushing another one out from behind one of the buildings is a heavy-set human man. They move the cart to the front, then take notice of your group, and possibly sensing your intent to purchase. With a wide grin, the man moves up to meet you and bellows, "Welcome to Rarvin's Wagonworks, best quality wagons in all of Tyr, and you can quote me on that!" With enthusiastic gesticulations, he goes into his sales pitch, as though he knew it by heart, explaining that they build and sell vehicles of all kinds : wagons, argosies, chariots, howdahs, and more. If the party doesn't see a vehicle they like out here, they have more inside the showroom, the building next to the one he just came out of. They also do repairs, and custom orders can be finished in mere weeks, for a nominal markup.

"So," Mr. Rarvin asks, rubbing his hands together, "You folks looking to buy, or are you here to make a custom order?" The hooded figure has remained silent the entire time.

Last edited at 14/07/02(Wed)10:19:48
>> No. 4874 edit
>>4873
"We've yet to look at available wagon-pullers in our price range. Should we be browsing these first?"

streetwise (10) http://orokos.com/roll/204666

>> No. 4875 edit
File 138764269195.png - (492.04KB , 888x886 , sak_a21 laughing 3.png )
4875
>>4874
Mr. Rarvin laughs heartily and shrugs off Ves's question. "Yeah, probably should start there first!"

The hooded figure bows its head to the party, growling, "My sincerest apologies," before starting off back the way they came. Mr. Rarvin watches with an expression of bemusement.

Insight (Ves) : You sense disappointment in the figure's voice. Though it's unclear what they're disappointed at.
>> No. 4876 edit
>>4875
"We'll come back."

Follow.
>> No. 4877 edit
Killua silently follows too.
>> No. 4878 edit
File 138561476830.png - (373.17KB , 536x886 , sak_a13 laughing 2.png )
4878
You find yourselves returning to the Merchant District before being led east. Down Caravan Way to the Caravan District, the crowds thicken, although you note that there are fewer people leading around animals and wagons. The din of the marketplace consists of traders screaming about their wares and animals shrieking inside their pens. The figure brings you to a stable, its sign reading "Messenger's Mount" and swinging in the wind. There's a faint odor of animal spoor that you can smell even from outside.

The man who greets you is another human, with brown hair an a big smile.
"Need something to ride through the desert?" he inquires. The hooded figure nods,

"Great, then! You all look like you could do well with bunch of crodlus to pull your skiffs and wagons. Herd animals by nature, so they feel most comfortable with a group, and can go without food for about a week before they start getting antsy. I can sell you a few, starting at 290 gold each. And if you don't mind splurging - I certainly wouldn't - you can pick up some war crodlus, highly trained and willing to let you ride them, no vehicle required. They go for about 1300 each, but they're mighty fierce fighters."

Insight (Ves) : You can sense that they are willing to haggle down the price, but it requires a successful diplomacy check to make them consider your offer; rolls may be granted a significant circumstantial bonus depending on certain factors, but you won't know until after you've posted them. You also sense there are animals they haven't told you about, for whatever reason, but successfully inquiring about them does not require a diplomacy check.
>> No. 4879 edit
File 140442078931.jpg - (46.84KB , 486x301 , 10541564121.jpg )
4879
"We're looking for something strong enough to pull a wagon, wouldn't you have something like that?"
Diplomacy lol (10) http://orokos.com/roll/204869
>> No. 4880 edit
File 140442197369.jpg - (94.14KB , 640x944 , crodlu.jpg )
4880
>>4879
The man grins, responding with, "Knew I'd guessed right. But here, let me show you show you..." He heads back in for a moment, then leads out a pair of large, flightless birds by reins around their long necks. In place of feathers, they have scales, and have long reptilian tails. They regard you with some interest, possibly sniffing at you.

"These two are Bucky," the man informs you, gesturing to the left one with his head, "and Beaky." he continues, gesturing to the one on the right. "They should be what you folks need to pull a wagon through the desert; excellent endurance, very friendly as long as you don't hit them too hard. You can have the both of them for 560 gold."
>> No. 4881 edit
File 140442275436.jpg - (101.15KB , 1006x564 , 15641561231231.jpg )
4881
Killua examines the crodlus and find their names a little funny.
"They look tough, but pulling a big wagon might be a little demanding for them. What about a larger beast of burden?"
>> No. 4882 edit
File 132649624930.png - (199.33KB , 398x554 , sak_youaresosmall.png )
4882
>>4881
The man snorts, "They may not be as big or strong as an inix, but two of them's more than enough to pull a wagon full of passengers across the desert. They're also less picky eaters, and you can feed them whatever bits of vegetation you might happen upon. If you're dead set on a bigger animal, then you'll have to ask to rent one from one of the merchant houses. They're far more expensive than anything I'm selling, though, and that's the truth."
>> No. 4883 edit
>>4880
Ves throws Killua a whisper. "They'll haggle, and we'll need to, but who knows what'll help. Our affiliation with House Shom, perhaps?" Ghost Sound, whispering so only Killua can hear.

"Sir, the sign reads Mount, not Crodlu. What else do you have, inside?"
>> No. 4884 edit
File 135259278626.png - (372.34KB , 536x886 , sak_a13 bothered 1.png )
4884
>>4883
"We got a few kanks, insects bigger than you or I, with large pincers on their jaws; they make fine war mounts. They're 1090 gold each. Otherwise, we don't have anything suitable..." His face darkens as he seems to recall something else with displeasure, "Welllllll, there's a couple of id fiends that we're trying to train. They're been lobotomized, mind you, so they're not a threat, but I think somebody took out a bit too much. They're not responding very well to training, is what I'm saying. Lazing about most of the time, keep forgetting commands. I wouldn't recommend them, but if you think you can train 'em better than us, they're yours for 2500 gold. Otherwise I was just going to ship them off to Draj for some coin."
>> No. 4885 edit
Ves grasps for some hint to the size of the initial markup. Insight vs. Markup. http://orokos.com/roll/204913

"Do you know anything about these mount prices?" whispers Ves, directly this time, to the hooded guide.

Last edited at 14/07/03(Thu)16:25:00
>> No. 4886 edit
File 134981995296.png - (475.82KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 default 1g.png )
4886
>>4885
Insight (Ves) : You're certain that there's been a recent mark-up, and that the normal price is at least ten percent lower.

While the figure hasn't been especially expressive since you left the Smith's District, Ves senses a definite eagerness when it responds to her query. "All the mounts have been marked up by thirty percent of their normal price," they explain, "Normally they would cost twenty-five to thirty percent less to purchase. I'm almost completely certain that they are attempting to make as much money as they can due to bandit raids meaning fewer new customers and fewer return customers buying things like feed. It doesn't follow the normal 'supply and demand' rule, which means they're putting on a front to make it look as though there is more demand than there actually is, and control the prices accordingly. He shouldn't have tried to sell those id fiends, it revealed how desperate he really was." The figure pauses in the middle of its ramble and coughs politely, "In any case, if you call him out on the fact that we are the only customers he's likely to have, he will almost certainly relent and drop the price on the crodlus."
>> No. 4887 edit
>>4886
Befitting a House Shom representative. "Thank you, it really helps."

Taking a few moments to think of what to say, Ves addresses the merchant.

"We sympathize with your concern about the recent drop in sales. As you can see, we're adventurers, and we are under the employ of House Shom, which has set us on the task of putting an end to the raids. However, our own pockets can only afford so much for the necessary supplies... We must cooperate in such times. All we ask of your part is a fair price. It would be toward a noble goal, and upon our successful return, we promise to put in a good word for your business to our employers."
>> No. 4888 edit
The seller frowns, not expecting to be seen through so completely. The crodlus, for their part, remain oblivious to the conversation like the animals they are. To corroborate Ves's assertion, the hooded figure produces an emblem bearing the symbol of the merchant house : three white dragonflies.

"Well, if you're doing us a favor, I guess it's only fair," he says, defeated. "Normal price for crodlus is 230 gold and 1000 gold each." The hooded figure nods at Ves in response.

Last edited at 14/07/03(Thu)17:45:01
>> No. 4889 edit
File 140443625550.png - (1.25MB , 1366x768 , 84156456412341.png )
4889
"I'll use the money from the Templar, we will figure out the math later."

"Then we will be glad to take good care of Bucky and Beaky" says Killua, taking 460 gold pieces from his pouch.
>> No. 4890 edit
>>4888
"We appreciate your cooperation. I am called Ves. Could we have your name?"

As a formality, look at the chocobo for health. (18) http://orokos.com/roll/204942

Also, I need to ask about maintaining crodlu, so I'll do that after introductions.


Last edited at 14/07/03(Thu)18:42:55
>> No. 4891 edit
>>4889
With the price settled upon and the gold given, the man hands the reins of the crodlus to Killua. "Ibl B'juk. My family's had this stable for three generations."

Nature (Ves) : The crodlu appear lively, strong and in good health from what you can tell.
>> No. 4892 edit
File 139129310115.gif - (554.28KB , 500x720 , 1365186548370.gif )
4892
Kudust offers his share of gold to purchasing the crodlus, but finds they are paid for with the money looted from the templar. The dwarf then moves over one to examine the pair. "Better keep yer trinkets in yer pockets, lest they try to snatch 'em away. Didn't see many where ahm from..."

Crodlu Knowledge: http://orokos.com/roll/204977 (Nature) 11
>> No. 4893 edit
File 140449408833.png - (151.48KB , 461x404 , crodlu.png )
4893
>>4892
Nature (Kudust) : Wild crodlus form small herds of about a dozen members, each led by a dominant female. In a given herd, females outnumber males and are related to one another. The dominant female's mate outranks other males but is otherwise part of the herd. Males leave their birth herd on reaching adulthood to seek a mate in another herd.
Once per year, crodlus mate and lay eggs. The young can run and hunt within minutes of hatching, though few escape predators and humanoid raiders.
Crodlus are curious - sometimes to a fault - and have been observed examining objects and holding such items with their forelimbs. In the wild, they use simple tools such as sticks to drive small prey out of hiding.
Crodlus flee from larger predators and treat weaker or smaller creatures as prey. Humanoids train crodlus as mounts, despite their unpredictable nature. Domesticated crodlus are found among any beings capable of handling and feeding the beasts.

>> No. 4894 edit
Ribbit, ribbit, there's a chocobo and I wish to mount it.

http://orokos.com/roll/205009

Last edited at 14/07/04(Fri)12:09:54
>> No. 4895 edit
File 139052149154.png - (49.83KB , 421x248 , 1371975408009.png )
4895
"Ribbit..! Forget thine city of sin, let us make haste! The desert a waits~!"
>> No. 4896 edit
"It looks fun" says Killua, while mounting the other crodlu in a single movement.
Acrobatics (21) http://orokos.com/roll/205013
>> No. 4897 edit
File 132053424896.png - (372.29KB , 536x886 , sak_a13 default 1.png )
4897
>>4894
Glenn leaps atop Beaky with ease, landing on its back and eliciting a brief squawk from the avian creature. It doesn't attempt to throw him off, though, and after turning around to regard him briefly, it quickly turns its attention ahead. Killua has to scramble up the side of his, but 'Bucky' seems mostly content.
>> No. 4898 edit
File 140450343553.png - (61.21KB , 800x473 , 1336864519895.png )
4898
"Ribbit so.. where are we going!?"
>> No. 4899 edit
>>4898
"Back to Rarvin's Wagonworks," replies Ves, amused by the eager crodlu riders.
>> No. 4900 edit
"This is pretty cool, what a shame we aren't mounting them later."
Having fun with his crodlu, Killua faces the hooded creature and introduces himself. "Hey that was good, we knew about the raids, but I never thought of using it to make him give us a better price. My name's Killua, could you tell us yours?"

Last edited at 14/07/04(Fri)13:04:10
>> No. 4901 edit
File 140451040882.png - (375.56KB , 536x886 , sak_a13 laughing 3.png )
4901
>>4900
With the mounts purchased and tested, the small figure leads the party back to the wagonworks. In response to Killua's prodding, it grunts, "I could," and doesn't share anything else.

You return to find Mr. Rarvin discussing things with another, younger human, whom he sends into the showroom. Upon seeing your return, he grins.
"Welcome back, travelers, he greets, with the same exuberance as before. "Looks like you got your beast of burden issue sorted out! Looking to get a wagon to go with them?"
>> No. 4902 edit
File 140452748332.jpg - (107.89KB , 1019x566 , 1489423561.jpg )
4902
"Yes sir, we are looking for an enclosed wagon to travel through the desert. Got something for us?"
>> No. 4903 edit
File 140454723130.gif - (967.50KB , 640x360 , 1354901175338.gif )
4903
Kudust mumbles to himself something about finding a covered wagon would probably be difficult, but refrains from saying anything out loud. Maybe they'd get lucky.
>> No. 4904 edit
File 140459000655.png - (539.43KB , 933x886 , sak_a22 laughing 3.png )
4904
"A covered wagon? For being pulled by pair of crodlus?" Mr. Rarvin gestures behind himself, presenting such a vehicle. "You'll want something like this, then. Standard price is 35 gold."
>> No. 4905 edit
>>4904
"Is that a fair price? Quality?" whispers Ves to hoody again.

Last edited at 14/07/05(Sat)13:55:34
>> No. 4906 edit
>>4905
The hooded figure considers it for a moment, then nods.
>> No. 4907 edit
File 140459508261.gif - (1.99MB , 242x171 , 71YgV8q.gif )
4907
Seeing the approval in the face's of the economists in the group, Killua grabs more gold from his pouch and says "That sounds about good, we got a deal."
>> No. 4908 edit
File 136543273355.png - (538.53KB , 933x886 , sak_a12 laughing 2.png )
4908
Mr. Rarvin accepts the gold, and helps the party secure the crodlus in their harnesses. The beasts protest at first, but don't make any attempt to run or attack. The wainwright also gives them instructions on how to maintain the wagon and wishes them well.

The hooded figure makes a few false starts before climbing onto the wagon properly.
"The gate out of the city is through Caravan Way, to the east," it explains, making itself comfortable in the back. "I suggest we all prepare supplies sufficient for a week long journey to be safe."
>> No. 4909 edit
>>4908
"Would that be two weeks to account for returning alive?" asks Ves.

"... Anyway, 55 gold bits left. Split it among us five?"
>> No. 4910 edit
File 131837714616.png - (493.83KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 bothered 2.png )
4910
>>4909
The figure pauses, then nods. "Right. Two weeks of supplies. And I can contribute 40 gold bits on top of that."
>> No. 4911 edit
"So, we still got a few gold bits from Mr. Templar, so everyone gets their fair share" says Killua, struggling to make some basic math. "Ah, I guess you get your share too" admits the rogue with a smile.

Give 11gp to everyone, I add 11gp to my money stack as well. When the times come, Killua will directly offer hoody a 9gp loan.
>> No. 4912 edit
>>4910
"Then we'll need to stock the wagon before heading out. By the way, I'm a spirit, so don't be alarmed if I don't buy food and water for myself."

Unless someone wants to be the cart driver, Ves sets her unseen servant to the task.

I'm ready to go supply shopping.
>> No. 4913 edit
File 140469300830.jpg - (37.33KB , 297x448 , Market.jpg )
4913
The remaining money from the templar is split amongst the entire party, the hooded figure accepting their share.

Ves's mention of being a spirit doesn't elicit any response from them, and the group sets off for the Caravan District. After getting several odd looks from bystanders for driving a cart invisibly, the figure moves up to the front and mimes driving the cart. People mostly stop paying attention after that.

Despite the crowds, it's relatively easy to find all the supplies you'd need for two weeks. The total comes up to 220 gold bits - 60 for Kudust, Glenn, and the figure, and 40 for Killua.

>> No. 4914 edit
"Will we be needing navigational aids? Maps?" Ves asks the hooded driver.
>> No. 4915 edit
>>4914
The figure shakes its head. "For that I came prepared."
>> No. 4916 edit
>>4915
"Oh, really? Mind showing me? Your identity is one thing, but I'd like to know about our preparations."

If Astaroth wants to explain later instead, I'm okay with assuming that, when asked, hoody explains in a way Ves can understand,
>> No. 4917 edit
File 136693253443.png - (28.74KB , 211x186 , gotthegoods.png )
4917
>>4916
Reaching inside of its cloak, the figure removes a heavy backpack and a belt pouch. From these it produces a map case with a map of the general destination area, some writing quills and a sealed pot of ink, a traveler's kit including the aforementioned map case, snares, chalk and slate, and a shovel.
>> No. 4918 edit
>>4917
"An oasis, not far from our route. Perhaps there's a chance to resupply on the way?"

Ves also purchases (has Killua pull the money out of her share) a barrel of water and some feed for the crodlu, as per Ibl B'juk's instructions.

Astaroth's mount survival rules summary:
- One "Mount Survival Day" (large creature) costs 3 gp.
- A crodlu only needs these at the rate they need to rest, which is only once per 72-hour period (3 days). Therefore, a crodlu needs one MSD every 3 days.

So 5 MSDs per crodlu, 10 total with two crodlus, should get us through the two-week journey. Cost is 30 gp total. I'll just pay it myself, since I barely have enough.


Last edited at 14/07/06(Sun)20:03:09
>> No. 4919 edit
File 139076507053.gif - (816.98KB , 352x200 , wide eating.gif )
4919
Kudust quickly and quietly procures the supplies he'll need for the journey. He trusts in his dwarven instincts to show him the way, but doesn't object to Ves and the hooded figure being a bit more prepared. For his own preparations, Kudust also purchases a distillation kit to load into the cart.
>> No. 4920 edit
File 140478476611.png - (11.98KB , 217x314 , Portend Weather.png )
4920
Once finished with the shopping, Ves takes a seat in the wagon and spends a few minutes portending the weather.

Portend Weather.

Last edited at 14/07/07(Mon)19:00:10
>> No. 4921 edit
File 140478642219.jpg - (150.62KB , 640x451 , tyr-map.jpg )
4921
The group spends about an hour gathering foodstuffs and clean water from various vendors. Kudust acquires a kit for purifying water and loads it into the wagon. The figure itself struggles under the load of the supplies, and is immensely relieved when they're placed on the wagon. Ves swiftly moves onto their transport in order to invoke the blessings of the spirits for whatever weather lies ahead. Behind her closed eyes, she sees the blazing rays of the sun beating down upon the sands, A few small gusts of wind kick up dust here and there, but the breeze isn't enough to relieve the heat. With the protection of the nature spirits, however, the group has a better chance to endure.

With all your affairs in order, the command is given for the crodlus to leave through the gates, the figure following outside the wagon for now. The guards motion you through with less trouble than one would expect - a perk of working for a merchant house? The crowd thins outside the Caravan Gate, and as soon as you're unable to see the city, the figure directs the crodlus to head off the road and move north-east.


Kudust spends 60 gold bits on 12 additional survival days (14 total), plus another 50 gold bits on a distillation kit
Glenn spends 60 gold bits on 12 additional survival days (14 total)
The figure spends 60 gold bits on 12 additional survival days (14 total), being loaned 9 gold bits
Killua spends 75 gold bits on 15 additional survival days (21 total)
Ves spends 30 gold bits on 10 mount survival days
All of this is loaded into the wagon

Portend Weather : Sunny, generally weak winds

>> No. 4922 edit
>>4921
"For better or worse, clear skies ahead," announces Ves.

Further replenishing of her spiritual power leads to restoring everyone to full health.


After regen and 10 HP from Spirit of the Healing Flood, these are everyone's HP totals.

Glenn: 28/33
Kudust: 32/42
Ves: 14/14
Killua: 23/33

I'll just assume the 1d6 per healing spirit rounds to 3 each for this.

Healing Spirit targets Killua and Kudust once each, and they spend a surge to heal for surge+4. The bonus healing goes to Glenn both times, healing him for 6. Everyone should be at max HP after this.


Last edited at 14/07/07(Mon)20:12:35
>> No. 4923 edit
"Oh. Right," the figure says after a while. "I did promise, didn't I?"

It takes some struggling, but the figure removes their cloak and tosses it into the back of the wagon. Out clatters a simple wooden staff that is almost as tall as they are.

And beneath said cloak, they are revealed to be...




...a child.

A little girl.


"I'm sorry for the deception!" she replies with enthusiasm that was definitely not there before the cloak was removed. "Recette Lemongrass, inductee to House Shom, at your service!"
>> No. 4927 edit
File 140485002751.jpg - (106.03KB , 1280x720 , 51231156156.jpg )
4927
"...She's pretty young. Is she gonna be okay with us?" Killua throws a skeptical glance to Recette, and then he tries to word his question in a kind manner.

"So this is what you mean before eh, well you sure know about the market for a girl of your age, but do you have any means do defend yourself?"

Last edited at 14/07/08(Tue)13:07:07
>> No. 4928 edit
File 140485038195.png - (17.23KB , 128x207 , eri3.png )
4928
>>4923
Is she really a child, or does she just age slowly?

"Ms. Lemongrass? Do you have some experience crossing the desert?"

Last edited at 14/07/08(Tue)13:16:16
>> No. 4929 edit
File 140485259860.png - (104.05KB , 223x399 , rec_sigh.png )
4929
Climbing back into the wagon, the girl looks slightly bashful, responding, "Ehehe, I get that a lot, but I just picked things up from the slave traders. I had to in order to-"

She catches herself in the middle of the non-sequitor and looks even more embarassed, speaking slowly, "Er... But.... that has nothing to do with anything at all!" Recette clears her throat and takes a deep breath, then ponders things, before answering Killua's question.

"Let's see... I don't remember when I first found out about my abilities, but I've been secretly honing my psionic powers for years now. Slaves that revealed significant psionic talent were more valuable, and were usually made to fight to the death for the entertainment of their owners." She nods to herself in self-satsfaction. "I don't know if I'm good compared to others, but I think I'm a formidible enough psionic to not be a burden to you."

Turning to face the spirit, and not registering any major surprise, Recette speaks again, "And for your question, caravans had to move around a lot. The slave caravans aren't particularly well sheltered, so if you couldn't rough it through the desert and fell down, you'd have to rely on the aid of your fellows to help you, if they were willing to do that much. I think my abilities helped a little in that regard?"

"And I think... Yeppers, I think that's it for me! I don't believe I got your names, though?" She says.
>> No. 4931 edit
>>4929
Ves nods, satisfied. "A practitioner of The Way, wise and able enough to hide it from a very young age. I'm sold. My name is Ves, an elemental priestess of water and rain."
>> No. 4932 edit
File 140487068110.png - (202.94KB , 450x385 , 456123263123.png )
4932
"Introductions... what does grandpa always say?"
"Killua's the name, I come from an assassin's family" the rogue declares. "Let us know if you need anyone killed. For you, we can give 30% off" he adds, nonchalantly exposing his profession.

Last edited at 14/07/08(Tue)19:07:13
>> No. 4933 edit
File 14048884834.gif - (220.79KB , 640x360 , 1354391167853.gif )
4933
Heal according to Bernkastel.

A child? Kudust adopts a skeptical look as he moves alongside the wagon, taking up a position ahead while slinging his craghammer over his shoulder. He winces as it grazes a bruise from the previous battle, but his expression solidifies as he clears his throat and announces, "Kudust Earthheart, miss. Formerly of Tyr's gladiator pits... until tha rev'lution came." The dwarf briefly glances a bit warily at the self-proclaimed assassin before turning his gaze back at the representative of House Shom, and comments, "How'd an inductee git involved in somethin' as dangerous as this? They've already lost one group. I dinnae doubt yer psionics, miss, but mebbe it'd be safer fer ye tae keep back when there's fightin'."
>> No. 4934 edit
File 140489398223.png - (74.96KB , 414x260 , 1371942629277.png )
4934
>>4929
"Glenn, master swordsman at thine service." the frog replies with a bow.
>> No. 4935 edit
File 140493002340.png - (104.41KB , 223x399 , rec_joy.png )
4935
Without so much as batting an eye at Killua's comment, the girl stands up and bows slightly - waving her arms to keep her balance in the moving vehicle. "It is a pleasure to meet you all!" Kudust's comment elicits a smile from her, and she happily addresses the latter part of his doubts, "I'll happily leave the front line fighting to you, sir, but I insist on doing what I can in combat."

With little else to say, the wagon shambles on. Your destination appears to lie somewhere in the Ringing Mountains, but away from the dangerous iron mines and the road that leads to them. The journey is long, and may be longer still if you cannot find your way.

Assuming there is a way to be found.


Special :
Each attempt at this skill challenge requires a full day of activity.
Each successful use of a skill (other than Aid Another) contributes 1 success to the skill challenge.
There is a limit to the number of successes a skill can contribute, which is noted below.
You must earn 6 successes before 3 failures, or you fail the skill challenge. Failure leads to no experience gained for the skill challenge, and may impose other penalties.
When a character succeeds on a check, the next time they make that check, it increases in difficulty appropriate to the level of the skill challenge. A previously Easy DC becomes Moderate, and a Moderate one becomes Hard. This does not affect Hard DCs.


Primary Skills (0/6 successes)
Athletics (Moderate DC) to scout ahead, leaping over ravines and climbing tall heights. Can contribute 1 success
Endurance (Easy DC) to have the least robust members of the party not slow down the group (must be made by those with a Constitution of 10 or less). Can contribute 1 success
Nature (Moderate DC) to recognize terrain as indicated by the map, and choose the best route to avoid hazards and cover distances quickly. Can contribute 1 success
Perception (Moderate DC) to stay alert for "where the devil's horn threads the tunnel in the sky" and to not get lost. Can contribute up to 3 successes

>> No. 4936 edit
"If she says she can fight we shouldn't belittle her" the rogue say, thinking back in his training, which started when he was much younger than Recette.

"Froggy, let's scout the road ahead, we better don't run into an ambush."
Athetlics aid another: (29) http://orokos.com/roll/206002

Last edited at 14/07/09(Wed)19:31:08
>> No. 4937 edit
File 139190530863.gif - (945.87KB , 320x213 , sleep is good.gif )
4937
Kudust moves over to the ghost and, not trusting it to keep a good eye out for danger on its own, lends it his own eyes (metaphorically) to aid in the task.

Perception (Aid Another): 26 http://orokos.com/roll/206175
>> No. 4938 edit
Ves lies on the wagon's roof, lazily watching the spirit world's flow to pick a decent route.

Skill Challenge attempt with Perception, with aid and speak with spirits. (21) http://orokos.com/roll/206212

>> No. 4939 edit
File 139198604973.png - (59.82KB , 419x248 , 1338909158138.png )
4939
>>4936
"My name i- ribbit- nevermind.. Scout ahead we shall!"

http://orokos.com/roll/206292 +5 if jumping over anything~!
>> No. 4940 edit
File 134981995296.png - (475.82KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 default 1g.png )
4940
From her vantage point on the top of the wagon, Ves keeps tabs on the movements of the spirits. At first it seems as though she would get no useful information, until Kudust points to something in the distance. Something that Ves can sense puts the spirits ill at ease. Something unnatural. Yet something almost unnoticeable if you weren't looking for it specifically : a tall, far-off spire in the Ringing Mountains, surrounded by a thin vortex of dust.

'Where the devil's horn threads the tunnel in the sky'... You have your destination pinned down, now you merely need to make it there.
Ves granted 1 success with perception

The next day of travel proves to be, as accurately predicted by the shaman, sunny and clear. Before the day's end you make it to the foothills, but the path forwards seems difficult. Traveling through mountains without a reliable road will be tricky, as it would take many precious hours to head back up a rocky path backwards. Killua suggests Glenn scout ahead, and gives him a foothold to easily bound up the craggy mountainside. From his vantage point, he is able to direct the wagon down a path that leads forward and is safe for the wagon to traverse. Glenn granted 1 success with athletics


The third day, however, greets the shaman preemptively with visions of sandstorms and heavy obscured vision for most of the area. All of the party survives the stinging, blistering winds while being no worse for wear, even young Recette is fine. Truly a covered wagon was a surprisingly wise choice. However, your crodlus move much more slowly and carefully, since you can't afford to make any mistakes when you can't see anything. By the time the winds have died down, it's already approaching dusk. Recette granted 1 success with endurance http://orokos.com/roll/206317 (27)

deduct 3 survival days from each adventurer
deduct 2 mount survival days


Primary Skills (3/6 successes)
Athletics (Moderate DC) to scout ahead, leaping over ravines and climbing tall heights. Can contribute 1 success
Endurance (Easy DC) to have the least robust members of the party not slow down the group (must be made by those with a Constitution of 10 or less). Can contribute 1 success
Nature (Moderate DC) to recognize terrain as indicated by the map, and choose the best route to avoid hazards and cover distances quickly. Can contribute 1 success
Perception (Moderate DC) to stay alert for "where the devil's horn threads the tunnel in the sky" and to not get lost. Can contribute up to 3 2 more successes (Hard DC for Ves)


Last edited at 14/07/11(Fri)14:00:46
>> No. 4941 edit
Perhaps it is because of your diminished vision, but when you come across a difficult space to cross, you almost completely miss what is almost certainly a trap. As you draw close, too close, you notice thin, glass-like strands shimmering in the sun near the rocky outcroppings. Directly before you are what looks like a small field of rocks to Glenn, small, spherical, cracked stones. To the rest of the party, they are recognized as strange, round cacti. And to Ves's perceptive eyes, she sees the cracks very slowly widening on the cacti, like shells cracking open.

But most distressingly, a pair of giant spiders abruptly emerge from the sands nearby, startling the crodlus and bringing them to a halt. The ever so slowly reddening light of dusk gleams their crystalline carapaces, and casts a riot of colors across the rocks. It would look like a beautiful sculpture constructed of glass, were it not for the frightful crimson tinge to its extremities and its many glowing eyes. With nimble grace, the seemingly fragile creature scurries over the outcropping and sits upon the webs below, its dazzling body difficult to look at. Its body flashes briefly before a beam of light erupts from it and strikes Kudust directly in the face, rendering him blind and dealing heavy damage to the dwarf. The fight is on!


Last edited at 14/07/11(Fri)15:23:48
>> No. 4942 edit
File 140511738143.png - (1.27MB , 933x709 , deserttrek1.png )
4942
Surprise round!
Crystal Spider 1 appears at A/B-5/6
Crystal Spider 2 appears at J/K-2/3

Crystal Spider 1 moves over the rock outcropping to E/F-4/5; its Gleaming Carapace trait grants it concealment until the end of its next turn
Crystal Spider 1 hits Kudust with Brilliant Ray for 20 radiant damage, and Kudust is blinded until the end of the spider's next turn


Initiative
Crystal Spider 1 - 26
Glenn - 22
Kudust - 22
Killua - 20
Recette - 19
Crystal Spider 2
Ves - 8
Bucky and Beaky - 7

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (K-15) 33/33 HP
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (J-15) 22/42 (blinded)
Ves (Voyager) : (I-15) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (J-16) 33/33 HP
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (K-16) 26/26 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (I/J-13/14) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-13/14) 55/55 HP

Enemies
Crystal Spider 1 (Enemy) : (E/F-4/5) concealment
Crystal Spider 2 (Enemy) : (J/K-2/3)

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Learning more about the cacti (t shape) requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
>> No. 4943 edit
The monster-dex recognizes the creatures.

Nature for spiders (15) and cacti (27) http://orokos.com/roll/206370
Rerolling for spiders (21) http://orokos.com/roll/206371

>> No. 4944 edit
File 140517269277.gif - (748.92KB , 500x281 , four question marks.gif )
4944
Alarmed by the sudden blindness, Kudust tries to think about what he saw before the world went white.

Nature (Knowledge): http://orokos.com/roll/206448 9 for spiders, 20 for cacti
>> No. 4945 edit
File 140518196977.jpg - (128.25KB , 529x354 , crystal spider.jpg )
4945
Recette rolls nature : http://orokos.com/roll/206450 (14 for spiders, 16 for cacti)
Nature (Kudust, Recette, Ves) : From what the party has seen, the crystal spider is a highly mobile creature (crystal spiders are level 4 lurkers and have spider climb). It uses its movement and the Athasian sun to reflect light off its glittering carapace to keep foes from accurately watching its movements (when the crystal spider moves at least 5 squares during its turn, its Gleaming Carapace trait grants it concealment until the end of its next turn). It is also capable of refocusing the harsh rays of the sun that passes through its body into terrible blasts of light (its Brilliant Ray attack targets reflex, and is capable of dealing heavy radiant damage to a target and blinds on a hit). Spiders usually are able to sense movement as well (crystal spiders have tremorsense 10).
In addition, Recette and Ves deduce that the creatures are resistant to powers of light, but can be made to shatter like glass (crystal spiders have resist 5 radiant and vulnerable 5 thunder). They are known hoarders.
Ves knows that crystal spiders are natural loners that haunt shallow caves, deep valleys, and similar locations that offer cramped confines and twisting passages, like this mountain path. The spiders weave webs across these passages, keeping prey from leaving its territory (Crystaline Webs are a level 4 obstacle that attacks creatures that enter its squares, dealing damage and ongoing damage on a hit, and return targets to the last square they occupied and their move ends even on a miss; a character can move through a single square occupied by the web by spending a move action to make a DC 14 acrobatics check; the web can also be attacked, and is destroyed when reduced to 0 HP; the spiders are immune to its effects). In melee, it will attack up close with its sharp-edged legs (Razor Leg is a melee basic attack that has a reach of 2) but prefers to target enemies that can't see it with its potent poison (Bite can only be used against creatures that cannot see the crystal spider and targets fortitude; on a hit, it deals some poison damage and ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends)). Whenever possible, however, it prefers to let off a burst of light that staggers foes and blinds them as well, hoping to send them stumbling through their web traps (Radiant Agony is a low accuracy close burst 2 that targets fortitude and is a standard action; on a hit the target is pushed 3 squares and blinded until the end of the spider's next turn; it recharges when the spider uses bite or when no enemies are blinded).
The more immediate threat is the rock cactus field. All three characters recognize the rock cactus field is not something that should be approached if at all possible (the rock cactus field is difficult terrain). When a creature draws close, the cacti crack open and unleash their tendrils on it, draining precious moisture from them (when a creature enters or ends its turn within 2 squares of the rock cactus field, it attacks as an opportunity action; on a hit, it deals damage, and the creature is slowed and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both), and is weakened as an aftereffect). The cacti themselves rely on their barbed exterior to thwart attackers, but can be destroyed very easily (a square of the rock cactus field can be destroyed by attacking it, but adjacent attackers take 5 damage).


"Don't get too close to those rock cacti!" Recette shouts in warning, pointing to the piles of rocks right in front of the group.

Last edited at 14/07/12(Sat)11:48:47
>> No. 4946 edit
>>4945
"The spiders have long, sharp legs, and if you can't see them, they can give you a bad poisonous bite. Like the focused sunlight trick, they can try to blind everyone near them. Also, don't walk into those sharp webs."
>> No. 4947 edit
File 139127966162.png - (32.70KB , 800x473 , 1372173464858.png )
4947
Noting the advice from the others, the frog charges into battle.

Minor: Berserker's Charge
Move + Standard: Move 5 then charge Crystal Spider 2 ending on K-4 http://orokos.com/roll/206501
Power Strike: http://orokos.com/roll/206502

>> No. 4948 edit
AP: MBA on Crystal Spider 2 http://orokos.com/roll/206506

Last edited at 14/07/12(Sat)13:58:52
>> No. 4949 edit
File 140520204138.png - (1.27MB , 933x709 , deserttrek2.png )
4949
Glenn is the first party member to react. Springing to action, he moves swiftly around the hazardous plants and straight for the spider that had not yet attacked. Bringing his sword down on it elicits an agonized shriek of pain from the creature, cleaving off part of its abdomen. Swiftly he spins around and strikes it head on, splitting the creature apart. There's a brief glow from its body before it ceases all activity.

Glenn enters the Berserker's Charge stance
Glenn moves, then charges Crystal Spider 1 for 33 damage, bloodying it
Glenn spends an action point! Glenn makes a melee basic attack against Crystal Spider 1 for 12 damage, killing it


Initiative
Crystal Spider 1 - 26
Glenn - 22
Kudust - 22
Killua - 20
Recette - 19
Crystal Spider 2
Ves - 8
Bucky and Beaky - 7

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (L-4) 33/33 HP Berserker's Charge
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (J-15) 22/42 (blinded)
Ves (Voyager) : (I-15) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (J-16) 33/33 HP
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (K-16) 26/26 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (I/J-13/14) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-13/14) 55/55 HP

Enemies
Crystal Spider 1 (Enemy) : (E/F-4/5) concealment
Crystal Spider 2 (Enemy) : (J/K-2/3) -45 HP DEAD

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Learning more about the cacti (t shape) requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
>> No. 4950 edit
>>4949
"One spider down, one left," narrates Ves for Kudust's benefit.

Last edited at 14/07/12(Sat)15:03:20
>> No. 4951 edit
File 140520305453.png - (104.97KB , 223x399 , rec_def.png )
4951
"Um, if I might make a suggestion?" Recette pipes up, clutching at her staff, "If everyone would wait a moment, I can clear a path to the last monster."

Last edited at 14/07/12(Sat)15:10:54
>> No. 4952 edit
File 13911475629.gif - (2.59MB , 448x252 , 1349420399896.gif )
4952
Though Kudust has few objections to hurling himself blindly into the fray, he pauses at the girl's suggestion and waits a moment.

Delay until after Recette
>> No. 4953 edit
Delay after recette
>> No. 4954 edit
File 140527292993.png - (1.26MB , 923x686 , deserttrek3.png )
4954
After the others delay for her, the psion walks forward, keeping her distance from the dangerous cacti. She looks a little nervous, but points her staff at the hazard and unleashes her psionic abilities.

"Ei!"

There's a sound like tinkling glass at the location she points to, and for an instant the space distorts and twists. A few of the rock cacti disappear, then reappear nearby, shredded and lifeless. But it's not enough to clear a safe path. Recette concentrates, and tries again.

"Eiii!"

There's the sound of a window being smashed as the space is broken into fragments. Only the cactus not targeted by the attacks was spared.

Recette sighs in relief, and turns back to tell Kudust, "Field almost all clear! Just go straight past me if you're trying to reach the last spider and it won't get you!" She looks a bit giddy.

Recette moves to K-12
Recette uses Dimensional Scramble on the rock cactus field (centered at G-10) and clears the cacti at F-10 and F-11
Recette spends an action point! Recette uses Dimensional Scramble on the rock cactus field (centered at G-10) and clears the cacti at F-9, G-10, and G-11


Initiative
Crystal Spider 1 - 26
Glenn - 22
Recette - 19
Kudust - 22 (delayed)
Killua - 20 (delayed)
Crystal Spider 2
Ves - 8
Bucky and Beaky - 7

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (L-4) 33/33 HP Berserker's Charge
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (J-15) 22/42 (blinded)
Ves (Voyager) : (I-15) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (J-16) 33/33 HP
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (K-12) 26/26 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (I/J-13/14) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-13/14) 55/55 HP

Enemies
Crystal Spider 1 (Enemy) : (E/F-4/5) concealment
Crystal Spider 2 (Enemy) : (J/K-2/3) -45 HP DEAD

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Learning more about the cacti (t shape) requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop

Last edited at 14/07/13(Sun)10:36:36
>> No. 4955 edit
File 139076384362.gif - (1.18MB , 320x213 , 1349295979856.gif )
4955
Once Kudust hears the word, he tries his best to recall where everything was before he went blind, and stumbles forward into the fray. Using his keen dwarven sense of smell to detect the still-living spider, he charges forward and delivers a devastating blow with his weapon, in such a lightning-fast manner that the spider would have a difficult time avoiding the blow. Hopping back, he draws back his hammer and swings it in an arc around him as a follow-up, but the preparation time gives the spider plenty of time to see the attack coming. Nevertheless, he calls upon wild magic to focus the beast's attention on him, despite still not being able to see.

Move Action: Move 5 squares to J-10.
Minor Action: Use second wind, regain 10 hit points and gain a +2 bonus to all defenses and an additional +4 to AC until the end of my next turn.
Standard Action: Charge to F-6 and attack with a melee basic attack, 23 vs. AC for 16 damage. http://orokos.com/roll/206705
Spend an Action point! Standard Action: Use roots of stone, 16 vs. AC for 12 damage if it hits. Create a zone in a close burst 1, enemies I hit that leave the zone fall prone. http://orokos.com/roll/206709
Free Action: Nature's Wrath to mark each adjacent enemy.

>> No. 4956 edit
File 140527511021.png - (1.26MB , 923x686 , deserttrek4.png )
4956
Kudust's blindness doesn't stop him from moving forward and charging down the remaining crystal spider. The spider is caught off guard and is smashed with a powerful blow from the dwarf's craghammer. It's ready for the second swing, however, which it ducks out of the way of before it connects. Kudust is able to draw its ire with his primal magic, though whether it will be necessary or useful here remains to be seen.

Kudust moves to J-10
Kudust uses his second wind, healing for 10 hit points and gains a +2 bonus to defenses and an additional +4 bonus to AC until the end of his next turn
Kudust charges Crystal Spider 1 at F-6 and hits for 16 damage
Kudust spends an action point! Kudust uses Roots of Stone, but misses
Kudust uses Nature's Wrath to mark Crystal Spider 1


Initiative
Crystal Spider 1 - 26
Glenn - 22
Recette - 19
Kudust - 22 (delayed)
Killua - 20 (delayed)
Crystal Spider 2
Ves - 8
Bucky and Beaky - 7

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (L-4) 33/33 HP Berserker's Charge
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (F-6) 32/42 (blinded), +2 to all defenses and +4 to AC
Ves (Voyager) : (I-15) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (J-16) 33/33 HP
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (K-12) 26/26 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (I/J-13/14) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-13/14) 55/55 HP

Enemies
Crystal Spider 1 (Enemy) : (E/F-4/5) -16 HP concealment, marked
Crystal Spider 2 (Enemy) : (J/K-2/3) -45 HP DEAD

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Learning more about the cacti (t shape) requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
>> No. 4957 edit
"Ah, thanks a bunch Reccete."
Exploiting the path the young psion made for the party, Killua runs and stabs the spider on a weak spot on its crystalline armor.
Shroud the spider
Move and charge to G-6 (23 damage after takedown strike) http://orokos.com/roll/206718

>> No. 4958 edit
File 14052774722.png - (1.26MB , 923x686 , deserttrek5.png )
4958
Eyeing the weakest point on the spider is difficult even for Killua, especially from a distance. The glare of the sun glinting off its body makes it hard to stare at without his eyes watering. Even so, the rogue charges in and finds the exact place to stab it that kills it. The creature screeches one last time before it collapses into the sand, its brittle body shattering on impact.

With no other obvious threat, it appears that the battle is over. The crodlus seem relaxed, at least.


Killua places an assassin's shroud on Crystal Spider 1
Killua moves, then charges Crystal Spider 1 for 23 damage, killing it


Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (L-4) 33/33 HP Berserker's Charge
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (F-6) 32/42 +2 to all defenses and +4 to AC
Ves (Voyager) : (I-15) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (J-16) 33/33 HP
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (K-12) 26/26 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (I/J-13/14) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-13/14) 55/55 HP

Enemies
Crystal Spider 1 (Enemy) : (E/F-4/5) -39 HP concealment, marked DEAD
Crystal Spider 2 (Enemy) : (J/K-2/3) -45 HP DEAD

Last edited at 14/07/13(Sun)11:51:12
>> No. 4959 edit
Action points spent
Glenn
Recette
Kudust

Healing surges remaining
Glenn : 9/10
Kudust : 9/13
Killua : 6/7
Ves : 4/4
Recette : 7/7

Experience Gained
850 experience points (170 experience points each)

You have reached 1 milestone! Everyone gains 1 action point.

Last edited at 14/07/13(Sun)12:08:34
>> No. 4960 edit
File 140442078931.jpg - (46.84KB , 486x301 , 10541564121.jpg )
4960
"Ah, that was fast" the rogue remarks while walking back to the wagon. He pets the crodlus a little bit and then asks Recette.

"That's a fine craft little lady, how did such a rare thing end up in your hands?"
>> No. 4961 edit
"I'm surprised you could hit," comments Ves to Kudust, conjuring her spirit companion to heal him to full health.

"Anyway, the spiders hoard things, so should we look for treasure?"

Healing Spirit for Kudust.

Looking around the area, with Speak with Spirits. http://orokos.com/roll/206757


Last edited at 14/07/13(Sun)13:10:47
>> No. 4962 edit
File 140485259860.png - (104.05KB , 223x399 , rec_sigh.png )
4962
Recette is quite relieved with combat over as quickly as it is. She takes a moment to destroy the last of the cactus with an attack from a distance, making the path safe again. Killua's inquiry is replied to immediately afterwards. "What, this?" she asks, showing him the staff. "This is something I'm field testing for the house officials before they put it up for sale. Supposedly it bears a curse, but they couldn't be bothered to find out what sort of curse it has on their own."

She sighs in annoyance, muttering, "I do owe them for what they've done for me, but the officials making the decisions really are stingy when they're not buying something for themselves."
>> No. 4963 edit
File 140528233982.png - (349.77KB , 854x480 , 51564321561321.png )
4963
"Cursed? Then you better be careful with it" Killua suggests. "I was ordered to return home with a powerful magical item, but I haven't found anything that fancies me. That's why this job is promising for me."

Then, he also remarks to the ghost. "If you find anything I'll be willing to help to carry it to the wagon."
>> No. 4964 edit
File 14052843739.png - (105.04KB , 223x399 , rec_smile.png )
4964
"Ehehe, to be perfectly honest, I'm hoping to find something as well. It means a higher commission for me if I come back with something to show for the journey... Besides survivors and the raiders leaving.

Recette puts her staff back on the cart, sounding rather excited. "Maybe we'll both be lucky!"

Ves has to examine the areas the spiders surfaced from by use of her invisible hand conjuration, but from within she is able to pull out a small sack containing a single day's worth of dried rations, a cracked mirror, and 331 gold bits.
>> No. 4965 edit
>>4964
"The spiders were fairly well-off," announces Ves, bringing over the bag of money.

An equal split puts each of us 66.2 gp ahead, I guess.

Last edited at 14/07/13(Sun)13:58:57
>> No. 4966 edit
File 133305613258.jpg - (56.95KB , 447x326 , 126165461161654.jpg )
4966
"Looting spiders? That's new for me" the rogue remarks with a smile, accepting his fair share. He also notices the rations and the mirror but doesn't remark anything about them. Then he returns to Recette and adds
"Even if we find some nice stuff it might be a little hard hard to divide between everyone. Well, we'll manage somehow."
>> No. 4967 edit
File 140535916990.gif - (35.47KB , 200x200 , 1390903567158.gif )
4967
"Nothin' good ever came outta luggin' around magic, especially cursed things, iffa stories can be believed," Kudust points out once his blindness fades, putting away his battle gear and gathering what he can from the treasure. "Let's take some time ta search fer supplies."

With that, Kudust will begin to search the immediate area for any edible plants or fungi, using what he learned of local flora from his time spent training under Kadol.

Spend a surge for healing spirit to return to full. Nature check to forage, http://orokos.com/roll/206954 (27 via natural 20), then take a short rest.
>> No. 4968 edit
File 140536950816.jpg - (154.50KB , 600x562 , sak_travel.jpg )
4968
With the spiders gone and their spoils taken, the group heads off again. The rest of the day is uneventful, and Ves predicts another sunny day tomorrow.

Kadol manages to find enough food and water to constitute a survival day for 5 people

Primary Skills (3/6 successes)
Athletics (Moderate DC) to scout ahead, leaping over ravines and climbing tall heights. Can contribute 1 success
Endurance (Easy DC) to have the least robust members of the party not slow down the group (must be made by those with a Constitution of 10 or less). Can contribute 1 success
Nature (Moderate DC) to recognize terrain as indicated by the map, and choose the best route to avoid hazards and cover distances quickly. Can contribute 1 success
Perception (Moderate DC) to stay alert for "where the devil's horn threads the tunnel in the sky" and to not get lost. Can contribute up to 3 2 more successes (Hard DC for Ves)

>> No. 4969 edit
File 140540076419.gif - (296.85KB , 444x250 , sae versus horse.gif )
4969
Storing away the survival days for now, Kudust sets out ahead of the group to try and find this so-called devil's horn. Skilled in traversing the desert, the dwarf keeps his hand on his weapon as he travels.

Perception: http://orokos.com/roll/207158 (24)
>> No. 4970 edit
>>4968
Ves spends some time reading Recette's map, especially the marked oasis.

Nature for the skill challenge (30) http://orokos.com/roll/207181


Last edited at 14/07/15(Tue)01:48:00
>> No. 4971 edit
File 132053424896.png - (372.29KB , 536x886 , sak_a13 default 1.png )
4971
As was promised, the next day is sunny again. And Kudust spies the same thing that Ves saw before - a vortex of swirling grit around a tall mountain. Easier to see as you draw closer. And with Kudust doing the spotting, navigation along the path is uneventful and easy.

When Ves takes the map, she steers the group towards an oasis tucked away in the mountains. The group takes a brief break before heading onwards.


Subtract 1 survival day

Primary Skills (5/6 successes)
Athletics (Moderate DC) to scout ahead, leaping over ravines and climbing tall heights. Can contribute 1 success
Endurance (Easy DC) to have the least robust members of the party not slow down the group (must be made by those with a Constitution of 10 or less). Can contribute 1 success
Nature (Moderate DC) to recognize terrain as indicated by the map, and choose the best route to avoid hazards and cover distances quickly. Can contribute 1 success
Perception (Moderate DC) to stay alert for "where the devil's horn threads the tunnel in the sky" and to not get lost. Can contribute up to 3 2 more success (Hard DC for Ves and Kudust)

>> No. 4972 edit
Killua isn't very skilled in traveling, but his common sense is enough to help the group a little bit.
Perception aid another for Recette (17) http://orokos.com/roll/207322
>> No. 4973 edit
While watching the road, Ves manages to nod off on the wagon roof.

Orokos is obviously bugged, please fix. Perception aid for Recette: 11 http://orokos.com/roll/207358

>> No. 4974 edit
File 140552224872.png - (105.05KB , 223x399 , rec_sad.png )
4974
When it's Recette's turn to navigate, she tries to bring the group around closer to the cyclone. While it seems to be going well at first, by the next morning it seems as though you'd been travelling in circles without even being aware of the fact.

Recette looks despondent.
"I messed up, didn't I?"

Recette failed her perception check : http://orokos.com/roll/207420 (12)

Subtract 1 survival day

Primary Skills (5/6 successes, 1/3 failures)
Athletics (Moderate DC) to scout ahead, leaping over ravines and climbing tall heights. Can contribute 1 success
Endurance (Easy DC) to have the least robust members of the party not slow down the group (must be made by those with a Constitution of 10 or less). Can contribute 1 success
Nature (Moderate DC) to recognize terrain as indicated by the map, and choose the best route to avoid hazards and cover distances quickly. Can contribute 1 success
Perception (Moderate DC) to stay alert for "where the devil's horn threads the tunnel in the sky" and to not get lost. Can contribute up to 3 2 more success (Hard DC for Ves and Kudust)

>> No. 4975 edit
"Don't worry, we must be close let's just keep going" the rogue says, staring badly at the map.
Fail to aid another perception http://orokos.com/roll/207454
>> No. 4976 edit
File 140520305453.png - (104.97KB , 223x399 , rec_def.png )
4976
"I'll take watch this time, if that's okay with you?"
Aid another for perception : http://orokos.com/roll/207456 (17)
>> No. 4977 edit
File 140553620576.gif - (2.46MB , 444x250 , 1349527310738.gif )
4977
Kudust, a bit worried by the lack of progress, moves to the front of the line. "Lemme help out this time, lassies."

Perception (Aid Another): http://orokos.com/roll/207458 (14)
>> No. 4978 edit
>>4974
>>4975
Ves looks a bit apologetic. "Sorry, I should have paid attention instead of sleeping. It's impossible to miss the sense of unease in local spirits."

True enough, the churning of the spirit world practically arranges itself into a street, ready to be followed.

Skill Challenge Perception attempt, speak with spirits, 2 successful aids and 1 failed aid.
(37) http://orokos.com/roll/207495

>> No. 4979 edit
The day after, Ves turns to the spirits for guidance again. It is impossible to miss the signals, and the anxious spirits guide the group nearer and nearer to the cyclone. As the group draws closer, the sound of the winds grows louder and louder. Finally, though, you get close enough that you can see what is presumably the front of the maelstrom. The dust storm hangs in place over a cliff wall. A swirling, twisting pillar of blowing dust and sand ascends high enough to reach the skies. It screams over the dead plain, promising stinging death to those who enter its skirts.

Once you've drawn closer, you see signs of movement ahead. Figures moving about, and an abandoned wagon farther back. You see more than a dozen humans and humanoids among the jumble of rocks and dunes ahead. Their ragtag and eclectic dress suggests most of them are raiders. Some perch atop the rocks as sentries, and others are farther away, partly sheltered by the large stones. Numerous bound human captives lie near the edge of the stationary dust devil. Just as you notice the prisoners, a raider drags one of the captives across the sand and tosses him into the swirling dust. The victim screams, and is gone.


"That's one of our caravans!" Recette cries in hushed horror, hands over her mouth. Your wagon's approach isn't subtle, and the lookouts call out to most of the raiders to attack you. The ones handling the captives stay put, going back to grab another one of their prisoners. One of the men moves up and twirls a wicked looking spear, leering at the group.

Skill challenge completed. You gain 300 experience points (60 experience points each)
>> No. 4980 edit
File 140555132138.png - (1.11MB , 863x606 , stormsedge1.png )
4980
Human Raider 1 moves to I-4
Human Raider readies an action


Initiative
Human Wasteland Raider 2 (25)
Glenn (22)
Tarek Raider 1 (21)
Killua (20)
Tarek Raider 2 (16)
Human Wasteland Raider (15)
Recette (11)
Ves (10)
Tarek Raider 2 (7)
Tarek Peons 1-7 (5)
Kudust (4)
Bucky and Beaky (4)
Tarek Peons 8-10 (0)

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (M-3) 33/33 HP
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (N-3) 42/42 HP
Ves (Voyager) : (N-2) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (M-2) 33/33 HP
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (M-4) 26/26 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (J-7)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4)
Tarek Raider 1 : (B-9)
Tarek Raider 2 : (H-6)
Tarek Raider 3 : (H-9)
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5)
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3)
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5)
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3)
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5)
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7)
Tarek Peon 7 : (F-9)
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13)
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14)
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15)

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
-Any squares completely within the dust devil is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters or starts its turn within the swirling winds takes 1 damage and falls prone. All creatures within the dust devil have concealment from one another, and total concealment from those outside the dust devil.

Last edited at 14/07/16(Wed)15:56:37
>> No. 4981 edit
>>4980
"Recette, why are they here?

Nature http://orokos.com/roll/207549
Nature reroll for Tarek Raider http://orokos.com/roll/207550
- Human Wasteland Raider: 22
- Tarek Raider: 15
- Tarek Peon: 27

Streetwise: 8 http://orokos.com/roll/207553

>> No. 4982 edit
File 136416748834.png - (545.11KB , 933x886 , sak_a12 surprised 1.png )
4982
Nature (Ves) : Human Wasteland Raiders take advantage of seemingly weak opponents, and pin them with their Barbed Spear attack (getting hit means you're grabbed). Against somebody they've caught, they will stab to death with their daggers (Dagger is a melee basic attack), though they prefer an arterial cut (Gutting Dagger can be used against a grabbed creature, and deals ongoing damage (save ends)). They are level 2 soldiers.
Tarek as a whole are xenophobic and aggressive, dotting the hilly and mountainous regions of Athas. The raiders are level 3 soldiers, and prefer to gang up on targets, focusing one down before moving on to another. The Tarek Peons are level 1 minion artillery, but are not afraid of getting into melee (they gains a bonus to speed when charging, and Tarek Squad Tactics grants them combat advantage against enemies adjacent to another tarek). They bring enemies into the jaws of their raider brethren (bone heartpick deals damage and slides an enemy 1 square[/b]) and harry reinforcements from afar (Bone Javelin deals damage and slows targets until the end of the peon's next turn). They are not above tossing around hostages, as you have seen already (Shove pushes a helpless target up to 2 squares).


"I... I don't know. They're not the one that was sent out to look for this place, I think."

Last edited at 14/07/16(Wed)17:01:58
>> No. 4983 edit
>>4982
"They're holding hostages. Start with targets near the hostages, but quickly disable as many as you can," suggests Ves to Recette, before relaying what she knows about the enemies.

Last edited at 14/07/16(Wed)17:46:38
>> No. 4984 edit
Killua throws a glance against the riders, but he can't discern much besides them looking decently armored.
Nature on raiders (15) http://orokos.com/roll/207593
>> No. 4985 edit
File 140561375085.png - (74.67KB , 800x473 , 1356941237570.png )
4985
Minor: Berserker's Charge
Standard: Charge Human Wasteland Raider 2 ending on J-3 http://orokos.com/roll/207744
Power Strike: http://orokos.com/roll/207745


Last edited at 14/07/17(Thu)09:43:21
>> No. 4986 edit
File 140561545770.png - (1.11MB , 863x606 , stormsedge2.png )
4986
Glenn is the first to spring into action, adopting a stance to help him close the distance between himself and the human with ease. The frog moves toward the rocks and cleaves into the raider with his fullblade for heavy damage. However, this was exactly what the raider had anticipated; the man drives his spear through Glenn's boot, the painful barbs holding him fast.

One of the tarek raiders moves closer, and makes ready to attack.


Glenn enters the Berserker's Charge stance
Glenn charges to J-4 and hits Human Wasteland Raider 2 for 19 damage
Human Wasteland Raider 2 uses its readied action and hits Glenn with Barbed Spear for 10 damage, grabbing him

Tarek Raider 1 moves to H-7
Tarek Raider 1 readies an action


Initiative
Glenn (22)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 (25) (delayed)
Tarek Raider 1 (21)
Killua (20)
Tarek Raider 2 (16)
Human Wasteland Raider (15)
Recette (11)
Ves (10)
Tarek Raider 2 (7)
Tarek Peons 1-7 (5)
Kudust (4)
Bucky and Beaky (4)
Tarek Peons 8-10 (0)

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (J-3) 23/33 HP Berserker's Charge, grabbed
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (N-3) 42/42 HP
Ves (Voyager) : (N-2) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (M-2) 33/33 HP
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (M-4) 26/26 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (J-7)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4) -19 HP
Tarek Raider 1 : (H-7)
Tarek Raider 2 : (H-6)
Tarek Raider 3 : (H-9)
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5)
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3)
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5)
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3)
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5)
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7)
Tarek Peon 7 : (F-9)
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13)
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14)
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15)

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
-Any squares completely within the dust devil is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters or starts its turn within the swirling winds takes 1 damage and falls prone. All creatures within the dust devil have concealment from one another, and total concealment from those outside the dust devil.
>> No. 4987 edit
"Ah, it's time to get dangerous serious."
The rogue prepare his keen senses to counter-strike any opposing attack.
Start Duelist Prowess
Place a shroud in Human Raider 2
Move to I-3
Piercing Strike against Human Raider 2 (18 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/207927

>> No. 4988 edit
File 140570394776.png - (1.10MB , 863x606 , stormsedge3.png )
4988
Killua takes on a defensive stance as he saunters up to the nearest raider. The raider is well protected, but with the help of his shrouds, the assassin finds a weak spot and drives his blade through it, then kicks the raider's legs out from under him, pulling the spear out of. The wasteland raider is not getting back up after that assault.

One of the tarek raiders lumbers over towards Killua and makes to swing at him with a wicked-looking scythe of bone and wood. Killua counters before the attack is finished, and the swing goes wild. The remaining human raider hides behind a rock and waits.

Recette moves up and, with a grunt of effort, directs a burst of mental energies at the tarek throwing hostages into the cyclone. One of them falls, but the others remain unaffected. Groaning in disappointment, the psion sends a flurry of images into one of the target's minds to distract it, then tries again.


"Haaa!"

The other two fall into a heap, leaving the captives safe for now. After the attack's conclusion, however, an eerie black light radiates from the staff Recette carries. She looks panicky at first, but then snarls angrily at the enemies surrounding the party. She looks to be struggling with something, as her expression twitches constantly.

Killua enters the Duelist's Prowess stance; until the stance ends, he can interrupt attacks against himself
Killua places an Assassin's Shroud on Human Raider 2
Killua moves to I-3
Killua hits Human Raider 2 with Piercing Strike for 22 damage (using Takedown Strike), killing it

Tarek Raider 2 moves to I-4
Tarek Raider 2 misses Killua with Bone Heartpick, and Killua interrupts with Duelist's Prowess Attack for 7 damage (http://orokos.com/roll/208093)

Human Wasteland Raider 1 moves to L-9
Human Wasteland Raider 1 readies an action

Recette moves to M-5
Recette uses Dishearten on Tarek Peons 8, 9, and 10 (centered at F-14), knocking out Tarek Peon 9 (http://orokos.com/roll/208095)
Recette uses Distract on Tarek Peon 8, and it grants combat advantage to the next attack made against it
Recette spends an action point! Recette uses Dishearten on Tarek Peons 8 and 10 (centered at F-14), knocking out Tarek Peon 8 and 10 (http://orokos.com/roll/208098)
Recette's Magic Staff property triggers! The staff is revealed as a Blood-Crazed Implement. If the staff is not used in an attack that slays an enemy before the end of the encounter, the encounter continues, and the wielder must attack the nearest ally before the end of each of their turns, or else take damage equal to their healing surge value (save ends)


Initiative
Glenn (22)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 (25) (delayed)
Tarek Raider 1 (21)
Killua (20)
Tarek Raider 2 (16)
Human Wasteland Raider (15)
Recette (11)
Ves (10)
Tarek Raider 2 (7)
Tarek Peons 1-7 (5)
Kudust (4)
Bucky and Beaky (4)
Tarek Peons 8-10 (0)

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (J-3) 23/33 HP Berserker's Charge, grabbed
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (N-3) 42/42 HP
Ves (Voyager) : (N-2) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (I-3) 33/33 HP Duelist's Prowess
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (M-4) 26/26 HP Blood-Crazed Implement
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (Not present)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (L-9)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4) -41 HP DEAD
Tarek Raider 1 : (H-7)
Tarek Raider 2 : (I-4) -7 HP
Tarek Raider 3 : (H-9)
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5)
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3)
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5)
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3)
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5)
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7)
Tarek Peon 7 : (F-9)
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
-Any squares completely within the dust devil is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters or starts its turn within the swirling winds takes 1 damage and falls prone. All creatures within the dust devil have concealment from one another, and total concealment from those outside the dust devil.
-If the staff is not used in an attack that slays an enemy before the end of the encounter, the encounter continues, and the wielder must attack the nearest ally before the end of each of their turns, or else take damage equal to their healing surge value (save ends)
>> No. 4989 edit
>>4988
"Perfect, you got all three. Okay, now, sneak over there and free the hostages," Ves compliments Recette and whispers an order to her servant, but frowns once she sees Recette's condition. "That doesn't look good."

Even as Ves speaks, her companion wreaks havoc on the enemies.

Minor action: Ghost Sound to warn the nearest hostages about the invisible servant, and to tell each other to stay still once free.
Minor action: SC to I-4, elevation 1.
Standard action: Voice of Battle vs. Tarek Peon 5's will. (I-5) http://orokos.com/roll/208132
- Killua can shift 2, possibly to H-4.
No action: Heroic Effort for a +4 to Voice of Battle's attack roll. (total 14 vs. will)
- Action Point - Standard action: Ironbreaker Claws vs. Ironbreaker Claws vs. Tarek Raider 2's reflex. (I-4) http://orokos.com/roll/208134
- 12 damage, and Glenn can MBA it. CA from Tome Expertise.


Last edited at 14/07/19(Sat)08:31:58
>> No. 4990 edit
File 140573466742.png - (1.11MB , 863x606 , stormsedge4.png )
4990
Ves sends her unseen servant to deal with the hostages. Her spirit appears in a burst of mist, above the head of the tarek raider that attacked Killua. The spirit first forcibly removes the peon from the realm of the living with a shout that spurs Killua into a better position. Then it sets its sights on the raider, attacking it from above and giving Glenn a good opening to inflict a grievous wound to the creature.

The last tarek raider moves up and strikes at Killua, but hits Glenn after the latter makes a daring save. Glenn counters with a heavy attack that staggers the creature after the latter moves him into the open. From there, the honorable warrior is easy prey for the peons, whose spears rain down on both Glenn and Killua, leaving the former in critical condition and both with their movement impeded. One of them tries to attack Recette, but, possibly due to the sudden killing intent from the small child, he misses his mark completely. Regardless, all the peons draw picks like the raiders wield, preparing to move into melee.


Ves uses Ghost Sound
Ves summons her Spirit Companion to I-4, elevation 1
Ves uses Voice of Battle against Tarek Peon 5, killing it after using Heroic Effort; Killua shifts to H-4
Ves spends an action point! Ves uses Ironbreaker Claws against Tarek Raider 2 for 12 damage, and Glenn's granted attack hits for 14 damage, bloodying it (http://orokos.com/roll/208151)

Tarek Raider 3 moves to G-5
Tarek Raider 3's attack is interrupted as Glenn uses Guardian's Counter, switching places with Killua and getting hit with Heartbone Pick for 6 damage; the raider slides him to H-5 and marks Glenn until the end of its next turn. Glenn attacks, hitting the raider for 20 damage

Tarek Peons 1, 3, and 7 hit Glenn with Bone Javelin for a total of 12 damage, and Glen is slowed until the end of their next turns, and also bloodied
Tarek Peons 2 and 4 hit Killua with Bone Javelin for a total of 8 damage, and Killua is slowed until the end of their next turns
Tarek Peon 6 misses Recette with Bone Javelin on a natural 1
All of them draw their bone heartpicks


Initiative
Glenn (22)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 (25) (delayed)
Tarek Raider 1 (21)
Killua (20)
Tarek Raider 2 (16)
Human Wasteland Raider (15)
Recette (11)
Ves (10)
Tarek Raider 3 (7)
Tarek Peons 1-7 (5)
Kudust (4)
Bucky and Beaky (4)
Tarek Peons 8-10 (0)

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (H-5) 5/33 HP (bloodied) Berserker's Charge, marked, slowed
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (N-3) 42/42 HP
Ves (Voyager) : (N-2) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (J-3) 25/33 HP Duelist's Prowess, slowed
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (M-4) 26/26 HP Blood-Crazed Implement
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (I-4, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (J-7)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4) -41 HP DEAD
Tarek Raider 1 : (H-7)
Tarek Raider 2 : (I-4) -33 HP (bloodied)
Tarek Raider 3 : (G-5) -20 HP
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5)
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3)
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5)
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3)
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5) DEAD
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7)
Tarek Peon 7 : (F-9)
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
-Any squares completely within the dust devil is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters or starts its turn within the swirling winds takes 1 damage and falls prone. All creatures within the dust devil have concealment from one another, and total concealment from those outside the dust devil.
-If the staff is not used in an attack that slays an enemy before the end of the encounter, the encounter continues, and the wielder must attack the nearest ally before the end of each of their turns, or else take damage equal to their healing surge value (save ends)
>> No. 4991 edit
File 140576268452.png - (114.68KB , 256x256 , frost titan.png )
4991
Hopping off the cart next to the crodlus, the dwarf braces himself and proceeds right into the midst of the enemies. Facing off with the wounded raider, Kudust swings his stone hammer with all of his strength. Even as he does so, however, white facial hair grows on his face and his skin turns a deep hue of blue as it hardens into an icy texture. The air around him seems to freeze, his eyes roll into pure black spheres, and the ground beneath his feet becomes slick or steady as he wills it--Kudust has adopted a guardian form.

Move Action: Move to I-3.
Standard Action: Use weight of earth on the raider at I-4. 17 vs. AC for 16 damage. http://orokos.com/roll/208256
Minor Action: Use form of winter's herald. Until the end of the encounter, Kudust takes on the guardian form of the Winter's Herald, gaining a +1 bonus to AC and resist 5 cold. In addition, all squares within 2 squares of Kudust are difficult terrain for enemies.
Free Action: Use nature's wrath to mark adjacent enemies.
Nature knowledge check for tarek raider: http://orokos.com/roll/208257

>> No. 4992 edit
File 140579469338.png - (1.11MB , 863x606 , stormsedge5.png )
4992
Kudust enters the fray and brings his hammer down on the tarek's skull. For a brief moment, it looks as though the raider would shrug it off, but it immediately crumples to the ground, dead. A burst of freezing winds swirls around the dwarf as his skin becomes like ice, the normally arid ground freezing beneath his feet.

The crodlus squawk nervously, but make no attempt to move.


Kudust moves to I-3
Kudust hits Tarek Raider 2 with Weight of Earth for 16 damage; Tarek Raider 2 fails its Deathless Warrior saving throw and is dead
Kudust uses Form of Winter's Herald and enters the guardian form until the end of the encounter


Initiative
Glenn (22)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 (25) (delayed)
Tarek Raider 1 (21)
Killua (20)
Tarek Raider 2 (16)
Human Wasteland Raider (15)
Recette (11)
Ves (10)
Tarek Raider 3 (7)
Tarek Peons 1-7 (5)
Kudust (4)
Bucky and Beaky (4)
Tarek Peons 8-10 (0)

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (H-5) 5/33 HP (bloodied) Berserker's Charge, marked, slowed
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (I-3) 42/42 HP Form of Winter's Herald
Ves (Voyager) : (N-2) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (J-3) 25/33 HP Duelist's Prowess, slowed
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (M-4) 26/26 HP Blood-Crazed Implement
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (I-4, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (J-7)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4) -41 HP DEAD
Tarek Raider 1 : (H-7)
Tarek Raider 2 : (I-4) -49 HP (bloodied) DEAD
Tarek Raider 3 : (G-5) -20 HP
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5)
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3)
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5)
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3)
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5) DEAD
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7)
Tarek Peon 7 : (F-9)
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
-Any squares completely within the dust devil is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters or starts its turn within the swirling winds takes 1 damage and falls prone. All creatures within the dust devil have concealment from one another, and total concealment from those outside the dust devil.
-If the staff is not used in an attack that slays an enemy before the end of the encounter, the encounter continues, and the wielder must attack the nearest ally before the end of each of their turns, or else take damage equal to their healing surge value (save ends)
>> No. 4993 edit
File 139009355129.png - (36.31KB , 421x248 , 1371868278593.png )
4993
Glenn swings at the closest Raider.

Minor: Battle Wrath
Standard: MBA on Tarek Raider 3 http://orokos.com/roll/208361
AP: MBA on same target http://orokos.com/roll/208362
Crit: http://orokos.com/roll/208363

>> No. 4996 edit
File 140587574971.png - (1.11MB , 863x606 , stormsedge6.png )
4996
Glenn takes on an offensive stance before swinging at the raider with a solid hit. The raider is in bad shape, but isn't down yet. That changes when the frog draws channels his fury into a slash that cleaves through the creature's skull. The tarek briefly holds out on sheer tenacity, but not even that makes up for it missing most of its head, and it soon falls. The remaining tarek raider looks to punish Glenn, pulling back for a charge, but when it turns around, it finds Kudust has intervened, and its path is too icy to traverse. Instead, it focuses on the only remaining target. Rearing back, the creature bellows before bearing down on Recette, attacking her with a reaping slash. The psion somehow manages to duck under the attack, and both of them glower at each other.

Glenn enters the Battle Wrath stance
Glenn hits Tarek Raider 3 for 20 damage, bloodying it
Glenn spends an action point! Glenn CRITS Tarek Raider 3 for 37 damage, killing it after it fails its Deathless Warrior saving throw

Tarek Raider 1 moves to H-11; Kudust's Go with the Flow triggers, and he shifts to H-4 while gaining combat advantage against Tarek Raider 1 until the end of his next turn
Tarek Raider charges Recette with Heartbone Pick, ending at L-6; its attack misses


Initiative
Glenn (22)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 (25) (delayed)
Tarek Raider 1 (21)
Killua (20)
Tarek Raider 2 (16)
Human Wasteland Raider 1(15)
Recette (11)
Ves (10)
Tarek Raider 3 (7)
Tarek Peons 1-7 (5)
Kudust (4)
Bucky and Beaky (4)
Tarek Peons 8-10 (0)

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (H-5) 5/33 HP (bloodied) Battle Wrath, slowed
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (H-4) 42/42 HP Form of Winter's Herald, combat advantage against Tarek Raider 1
Ves (Voyager) : (N-2) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (J-3) 25/33 HP Duelist's Prowess, slowed
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (M-4) 26/26 HP Blood-Crazed Implement
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (I-4, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (L-9)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4) -41 HP DEAD
Tarek Raider 1 : (L-6)
Tarek Raider 2 : (I-4) -49 HP (bloodied) DEAD
Tarek Raider 3 : (G-5) -67 HP VERY DEAD
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5)
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3)
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5)
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3)
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5) DEAD
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7)
Tarek Peon 7 : (F-9)
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
-Any squares completely within the dust devil is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters or starts its turn within the swirling winds takes 1 damage and falls prone. All creatures within the dust devil have concealment from one another, and total concealment from those outside the dust devil.
-If the staff is not used in an attack that slays an enemy before the end of the encounter, the encounter continues, and the wielder must attack the nearest ally before the end of each of their turns, or else take damage equal to their healing surge value (save ends)
>> No. 4997 edit
"Ugh, it stings, Recette would you please get rid of the guys above the rocks?"
Killua moves as fast as he can and end ups facing another Tarek Rider. Without much hesitation he places a mental curse on it and nicely stabs him on a weak spot on his armor.

Move to K-5
Place Shroud in Tarek Rider 1
Piercing Strike! (18 damage) http://orokos.com/roll/208463

>> No. 4998 edit
File 140589417218.png - (1.11MB , 863x606 , stormsedge7.png )
4998
Even while slowed down, Killua is able to move around the obstructing rock and get close enough to the raider. A knife where its armor doesn't cover inflicts a nasty wound on the raider. The last human of the group comes out of cover and charges Killua, provoking an attack in response. This doesn't deter the raider from catching the rogue with its barbed spear.

Recette staggers back and raises her staff at the distant targets. A surge of crushing despair overwhelms the peons, and their bodies fall to the rocks. They seem to not be dead yet, though Recette is visibly struggling with something.


Killua moves to K-5
Killua places his Assassin's Shroud on Tarek Raider 1
Killua hits Tarek Raider 1 for 18 damage

Human Wasteland Raider 1 moves to I-9
Human Wasteland Raider 1 charges Killua with Barbed Spear, and Killua interrupts with the Duelist's Prowess Attack for 8 damage; the Human Wasteland Raider's attack hits Killua for 6 damage and Killua is grabbed

Recette shifts to N-5
Recette targets Tarek Peons 1, 2 and 3 with Dishearten; Tarek Peon 1 is CRIT, and the other two are hit, all fall unconscious (http://orokos.com/roll/208473)


Initiative
Glenn (22)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 (25) (delayed)
Tarek Raider 1 (21)
Killua (20)
Tarek Raider 2 (16)
Human Wasteland Raider 1(15)
Recette (11)
Ves (10)
Tarek Raider 3 (7)
Tarek Peons 1-7 (5)
Kudust (4)
Bucky and Beaky (4)
Tarek Peons 8-10 (0)

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (H-5) 5/33 HP (bloodied) Battle Wrath, slowed
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (H-4) 42/42 HP Form of Winter's Herald, combat advantage against Tarek Raider 1
Ves (Voyager) : (N-2) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (K-5) 25/33 HP Duelist's Prowess, slowed, grabbed
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (N-5) 26/26 HP Blood-Crazed Implement
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (I-4, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (L-9) -8 HP
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4) -41 HP DEAD
Tarek Raider 1 : (L-6) -18 HP
Tarek Raider 2 : (I-4) -49 HP (bloodied) DEAD
Tarek Raider 3 : (G-5) -67 HP VERY DEAD
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3)
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5) DEAD
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7)
Tarek Peon 7 : (F-9)
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
-Any squares completely within the dust devil is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters or starts its turn within the swirling winds takes 1 damage and falls prone. All creatures within the dust devil have concealment from one another, and total concealment from those outside the dust devil.
-If the staff is not used in an attack that slays an enemy before the end of the encounter, the encounter continues, and the wielder must attack the nearest ally before the end of each of their turns, or else take damage equal to their healing surge value (save ends)
>> No. 4999 edit
>>4998
"Recette, what's happening? Is it the curse?"

Move action: Ves to J-2, SC to L-6, elevation 1.
Minor action: Healing Spirit. Glenn heals for surge+4, and Killua heals for 1d6. http://orokos.com/roll/208489
Standard action: Charge Tarek Raider 1 at L-6, charging to M-5. Necrotic damage, and on a hit, vulnerable 1 all until EoNT. http://orokos.com/roll/208490
No action: Stolen Years. Weaken target (save ends) and I gain a surge.

>> No. 5000 edit
File 140591167290.png - (1.11MB , 863x606 , stormsedge8.png )
5000
Recette grits her teeth and nods in response to Ves, the sickly black light of her staff pulsing as she refuses to kill. Ves and her spirit companion move to attack, first healing up the more banged up party members, then charging down the tarek raider. Ves drains the moisture from its body and leaves it feeble and weak, drawing sustinence from the lifegiving water. The peons decide to move into melee, but their recklessness gets their numbers even further reduced as Kudust as Kudust swings upwards at one landing on the ground, and Ves's spirit savagely attacks the one nearest to itself. The remaining one moves back, snarls, and charges Recette, but a thin shield of psionic energy appears around her to deflect its attack.

Ves moves to J-2; her Spirit Companion moves to L-6, elevation 1
Ves uses Healing Spirit, healing Glenn 12 hit points and healing Killua 3 hit points
Ves charges Tarek Raider 1 with Corrupting Touch for 4 necrotic damage and invokes Stolen Years; Tarek Raider 1 gains Vulnerable 1 all and is weakened (save ends) while Ves gains a healing surge

Tarek Peon 4 jumps down to I-3 and is killed by Kudust's opportunity attack
Tarek Peon 6 provokes an opportunity attack from Ves's Spirit Companion and is killed by Spirit's Wrath(http://orokos.com/roll/208506)
Tarek Peon 9 moves to M-12
Tarek Peon 9 charges Recette with Bone Pick; Recette interrupts with Intellect Fortress and gains a +3 power bonus to AC until the end of her next turn, and the attack misses


Initiative
Glenn (22)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 (25) (delayed)
Tarek Raider 1 (21)
Killua (20)
Tarek Raider 2 (16)
Human Wasteland Raider 1(15)
Recette (11)
Ves (10)
Tarek Raider 3 (7)
Tarek Peons 1-7 (5)
Kudust (4)
Bucky and Beaky (4)
Tarek Peons 8-10 (0)

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (H-5) 17/33 HP Battle Wrath
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (H-4) 42/42 HP Form of Winter's Herald, combat advantage against Tarek Raider 1
Ves (Voyager) : (M-5) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (K-5) 19/33 HP Duelist's Prowess, grabbed
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (N-5) 26/26 HP Blood-Crazed Implement, +3 to AC
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (L-6, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (K-6) -8 HP
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4) -41 HP DEAD
Tarek Raider 1 : (L-6) -23 HP vulnerable 1 all, weakened (save ends)
Tarek Raider 2 : (I-4) -49 HP (bloodied) DEAD
Tarek Raider 3 : (G-5) -67 HP VERY DEAD
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3) DEAD
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5) DEAD
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7) DEAD
Tarek Peon 7 : (N-5)
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
-Any squares completely within the dust devil is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters or starts its turn within the swirling winds takes 1 damage and falls prone. All creatures within the dust devil have concealment from one another, and total concealment from those outside the dust devil.
-If the staff is not used in an attack that slays an enemy before the end of the encounter, the encounter continues, and the wielder must attack the nearest ally before the end of each of their turns, or else take damage equal to their healing surge value (save ends)
>> No. 5002 edit
File 139107413916.gif - (300.74KB , 400x225 , 1347232140620.gif )
5002
As Kudust senses the battle heating up, he moves forward to adopt a better position, and is in just the right place to strike down one of the peons as it attempts to hop off the rock. Once that's done and it looks like the battle is shifting to the south, the dwarf quickly heads in that direction, trailing frosty footprints, and slams his frosthammer into the ground between two of his foes. The ground beneath his feet shudders, and then releases a spray of icy shards that fly with unerring accuracy towards Kudust's enemies.

Holding his hammer and shield at the ready, the warden adopts a stance that dares his foes to challenge him.

Immediate Reaction: Go with the Flow to shift to the square indicated.
Opportunity Action: Melee basic attack against a peon, http://orokos.com/roll/208501 17 vs AC
Move Action: Walk to L-5.
Standard Action: Use form of winter's herald attack power, http://orokos.com/roll/208714 21 vs human raider's AC, 24 vs. tarek raider's AC, 18 cold damage and they are immobilized (save ends).
Free Action: Nature's wrath to mark each adjacent enemy.

>> No. 5003 edit
File 140596959792.png - (1.07MB , 863x587 , stormsedge9.png )
5003
Kudust brings the wrath of winter with him as he moves, ice forming on the ground around him. When he strikes the ground with his frost-encrusted craghammer, icy shards impale his enemies where they stand, leaving them bloody and unable to move. With the enemies bound, their ire is directed towards the dwarf. The human raider should have been paying attention to what was happening behind him : Glenn moves back into the fray and charges him down, running the raider through with his sword. The raider gapes at the wound for a moment before slumping to the ground, releasing Killua from his hold.

With escape cut off, the remaining enemies focus their anger on the party, prepared to go down fighting. The raider brings all of its strength to bear in a desperate strike against Kudust, but as withered as it is, it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it should. While it's able to pull itself out of the ice, the effects of its stolen time lingers.


Kudust moves to L-5
Kudust uses Form of Winter's Herald attack, hitting Tarek Raider 1 and Human Wasteland Raider 1 for 18 cold damage (19 vs Tarek Raider 1) and both are immobilized (save ends) and bloodied
Kudust uses Nature's Wrath to mark both raiders

Glenn moves to I-9
Glenn changes to the Berserker's Charge stance
Glenn charges Human Wasteland Raider 1 and ends at K-7, hitting for 14 damage and killing it (http://orokos.com/roll/208718)

Tarek Raider 1 CRITS Kudust for 8 damage (reduced from 16) and fails to slide him, and Kudust is marked until the end of the raider's next turn
Tarek Raider 1 saves against immobilization
Tarek Raider 1 fails its save against weakening


Initiative
Glenn (22)
Human Wasteland Raider 2 (25) (delayed)
Tarek Raider 1 (21)
Killua (20)
Tarek Raider 2 (16)
Human Wasteland Raider 1(15)
Recette (11)
Ves (10)
Tarek Raider 3 (7)
Tarek Peons 1-7 (5)
Kudust (4)
Bucky and Beaky (4)
Tarek Peons 8-10 (0)

Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (K-7) 17/33 HP Berserker's Charge
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (L-5) 34/42 HP Form of Winter's Herald
Ves (Voyager) : (M-5) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (K-5) 22/33 HP Duelist's Prowess
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (N-5) 26/26 HP Blood-Crazed Implement, +3 to AC
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (L-6, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (K-6) -40 HP (bloodied) immobilized (save ends), marked DEAD
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4) -41 HP DEAD
Tarek Raider 1 : (L-6) -42 HP (bloodied) vulnerable 1 all, weakened (save ends), marked
Tarek Raider 2 : (I-4) -49 HP (bloodied) DEAD
Tarek Raider 3 : (G-5) -67 HP VERY DEAD
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3) DEAD
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5) DEAD
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7) DEAD
Tarek Peon 7 : (N-5)
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15) Unconscious

Notes
-Learning more about your enemies requires a successful nature check.
-Areas marked by triangles are difficult terrain.
-The rock outcroppings protrude 10 feet high, requiring a DC 15 athletics check to climb atop.
-Any squares completely within the dust devil is difficult terrain. Any creature that enters or starts its turn within the swirling winds takes 1 damage and falls prone. All creatures within the dust devil have concealment from one another, and total concealment from those outside the dust devil.
-If the staff is not used in an attack that slays an enemy before the end of the encounter, the encounter continues, and the wielder must attack the nearest ally before the end of each of their turns, or else take damage equal to their healing surge value (save ends)
>> No. 5004 edit
File 140485002751.jpg - (106.03KB , 1280x720 , 51231156156.jpg )
5004
"I guess we need one of them alive."
Killua forcefully stabs the Rider in a leg, attempting to incapacitate him, however he steadily refuses to give up. Another well place hit on the neck with the dull side of his dagger fixes it, though.

Piercing strike with Sneak attack (19 damage)
AP! Another piercing strike for non lethal
http://orokos.com/roll/208757 http://orokos.com/roll/208758


Last edited at 14/07/21(Mon)13:20:01
>> No. 5005 edit
File 140597855820.png - (1.09MB , 863x591 , stormsedge10.png )
5005
Killua attacks the remaining raider, once again easily slipping past its defenses with his attack. The raider is able to maintain consciousness through sheer force of will, but a blow to the back of its head sends it tumbling to the ground. Recette is unable to shift away from the last enemy, and unsteadily steps backwards through the dunes. She stumbles once, provoking an attack from the peon, but the last vestiges of her psionic shield repel the attack. With some distance between herself and the target, she focuses intently on it while her whole body shivers. The peon falls to the ground under her psychic attack, but it still breathes. Black lightning erupts from the staff and shocks the psion painfully for not slaking its bloodlust, and she makes a pained yelp in response. Her force of will perserveres, however, and the staff's black light gradually fades away.

Sounding out of breath, she asks,
"Is everyone... okay? The unseen servant has finally freed the hostages, though you now have several captives of your own to deal with.

Killua hits Tarek Raider with Piercing Strike for 20 damage; its Deathless Warrior ability triggers, and it does not die until the end of its next turn or until it takes damage
Killua spends an action point! Killua hits Tarerk Raider 1 with Piercing Strike and knocks it unconscious

Recette moves to N-4 and provokes an opportunity attack from Tarek Peon 7, which just barely misses her with Bone Heartpick
Recette uses Mind Thrust against Tarek Peon 7, hitting for 14 psychic damage, knocking it unconscious (http://orokos.com/roll/208763)
Recette takes 6 damage from Blood-Crazed Weapon for not killing anything
Recette saves against the effect (http://orokos.com/roll/208765) (the weapon is still cursed)


Players and Allies
Glenn (keiki) : (K-7) 17/33 HP Berserker's Charge
Kudust Earthheart (Misha) : (L-5) 34/42 HP Form of Winter's Herald
Ves (Voyager) : (M-5) 14/14 HP half damage from all but psychic and force
Killua Zoldyck (anon-kun) : (K-5) 22/33 HP Duelist's Prowess
Recette Lemongrass (NPC) : (N-5) 20/26 HP
Spirit Companion (Voyager) : (L-6, elevation 1)
Spirit of Athas (Voyager) : (Not present)

Non-combatants
Bucky : (K/L-1/2) 55/55 HP
Beaky : (K/L-3/4) 55/55 HP
Captives : 10/10 remaining

Enemies
Human Wasteland Raider 1 : (K-6) -40 HP (bloodied) immobilized (save ends), marked DEAD
Human Wasteland Raider 2 : (I-4) -41 HP DEAD
Tarek Raider 1 : (L-6) -62 HP (bloodied) vulnerable 1 all, weakened (save ends), marked Unconscious
Tarek Raider 2 : (I-4) -49 HP (bloodied) DEAD
Tarek Raider 3 : (G-5) -67 HP VERY DEAD
Tarek Peon 1 : (C-5) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 2 : (D-3) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 3 : (E-5) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 4 : (G-3) DEAD
Tarek Peon 5 : (I-5) DEAD
Tarek Peon 6 : (L-7) DEAD
Tarek Peon 7 : (N-5) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 8 : (F-13) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 9 : (G-14) Unconscious
Tarek Peon 10 : (G-15) Unconscious
>> No. 5006 edit
Action points spent
Recette
Ves
Glenn
Killua

Healing surges remaining
Glenn : 8/10
Kudust : 8/13
Killua : 6/7
Ves : 5/4
Recette : 7/7

Experience Gained
950 experience points (190 experience points each) plus 100 experience points (20 experience points each) for saving ten hostages

You have reached 2 milestones! Everyone gains 1 action point.
>> No. 5007 edit
"I'm fine" Killua replies with a nod. "What about that staff? Is it really cursed?"
>> No. 5008 edit
File 140600259919.gif - (469.53KB , 258x258 , 1405391058742.gif )
5008
Kudust relaxes his battle stance, and reverts to a normal, hairless dwarf. Strapping his shield to his back and tying his hammer to his side, he begins to move towards the hostages to attempt to free them, but not before noting, "Ye should do somethin' aboot tha staff, lass."
>> No. 5009 edit
>>5005
"Are you okay?" retorts Ves, using the recently drained health to heal Recette.

Healing Spirit on myself to spend the extra surge, giving the bonus healing to Recette. I rolled, but pointed out I'll use the rolled result only if Astaroth won't let me use the average (3). http://orokos.com/roll/208925


Last edited at 14/07/22(Tue)00:16:05
>> No. 5010 edit
File 14052843739.png - (105.04KB , 223x399 , rec_smile.png )
5010
As the shaman imparts some color back into Recette's cheeks, she nods cheerily, "Yeppers! Most definitely cursed!But now that we know the nature of the curse, I can do something about it! Just need about an hour and I might be able to remove it."

Kudust finds the hostages shaken by the experience, but otherwise they're all fine.

Recette heals for 3 hit points
>> No. 5011 edit
"You can do that?" Killua asks, somewhat interested. "I heard once that it can be a little dangerous, so it wouldn't hurt if someone else helps you."

After his suggestion, the Rogue restrains the unconscious enemies with the same ropes they used to leave helpless their hostages.

Last edited at 14/07/22(Tue)13:47:04
>> No. 5012 edit
File 14061388322.gif - (594.46KB , 800x450 , wideface reactions.gif )
5012
Kudust moves to try and undo the bindings of one of the captives, and asks, "Can ye tell us what happened 'ere?"
>> No. 5013 edit
Take ten for thievery while restraining.
>> No. 5014 edit
File 140485259860.png - (104.05KB , 223x399 , rec_sigh.png )
5014
"Yes, but... But it could fail. I'm very nervous about it failing."

With all the living raiders bound up and unconscious, Kudust is the first to inquire about what happened. The captive he speaks to is trembling, his speech short and halted. But he gathers that the caravan was traveling to Kled, a nearby dwarven settlement to the east, when they were hit by a dust storm and became badly lost. When the storm cleared, the raiders attacked and dragged them here, demanding information about 'The Face in the Stone', and were furious when the caravan knew nothing about it.
>> No. 5015 edit
File 13909680568.png - (55.53KB , 413x244 , 1371797095646.png )
5015
"I'll keep a look out whilst you interrogate the hostages ribbit."

Glenn moves a little away from the party and keeps an eye out for anything else that may come.

Also spend 2 surges to go back to full hp!
>> No. 5016 edit
File 140626867223.gif - (2.58MB , 654x573 , yuno spin.gif )
5016
"Ah see... so t'ey were after tha Face too," Kudsut notes. "Well, let's see if we cannae get ye back on yer feet ta Kled." With that, the dwarf will go around and free the rest of the captives, taking the bindings rather than destroying them (in case they are needed for the prisoners), and returning to the group. "Aye, seems tha bandits 're lookin' fer tha Face too."
>> No. 5017 edit
>>5015
Unless 1 HP is worth an entire surge, it's fine to spend just one if I use healing spirit on Glenn once (healing Glenn for surge+4, and healing Recette for 3) and on Kudust once (healing Kudust for surge+4, and healing Glenn for 3).
>> No. 5018 edit
File 140487068110.png - (202.94KB , 450x385 , 456123263123.png )
5018
The assassin comes over to his allies. "Did the guys we rescued say anything useful?" he asks Kudust.

After making sure the raiders are decently restrained, the rogue returns with Recette gives a look to the magical item. "I'll give you a hand, just tell me what to do."
>> No. 5019 edit
File 14064059463.png - (379.79KB , 536x886 , sak_a13 surprised 1.png )
5019
Glenn moves to take watch over the area. The sands seem more or less peaceful away from the whirlwind, but you never know. The remaining captives are freed thanks to the joint efforts of both Kudust and Ves's unseen servant. The caravan explains that they can use the same transports that the bandits used, which should come with enough food to make it to the nearby settlement. However, they haven't verified this, and a couple go to check on that now.

When Kudust informs the group of what the status of the caravan, and what the raiders seek, Recette flits into a panic.
"They must be the ones attacking the caravans! Is the cargo okay?" One of the distant figures nods at her, and she sighs in relief. "Thank goodness..."

Killua's insistence on being helpful makes the girl smile. "Well... I'd probably have to do the more complicated parts of it myself... But you can still assist me with it if you're really really careful!" She outlines steps simple enough for those without knowledge of the arcane to grasp. Ves finds it works similarly to some longer rituals, but without the cost, and with specific steps for the sort of curse being dealt with.

As of now, however, the brigands that haven't died are waking up. The peons are panicking and struggling against their bonds, while the tarek raider, upon realizing its bindings won't budge, merely glares at you.


Last edited at 14/07/26(Sat)13:20:09
>> No. 5020 edit
>>5018
"Didn't you go through the trouble of restraining bandits to ask them something? If you have nothing to say, I could just kill them," says Ves, to Killua but within said bandits' earshot, walking in their direction with her rain spirit.
>> No. 5021 edit
"Ah, I really don't think they will talk. Don't you see the glare of that one? If the merchants don't have any other fun idea we could just leave them tied on the desert. If they're lucky a wild beast will kill them before the sun burns them alive."
Intimidate on everyone: http://orokos.com/roll/210187
>> No. 5023 edit
File 14064927994.png - (105.25KB , 223x399 , rec_shock.png )
5023
The larger raider snorts and rolls his eyes at the intimidation attempts of the pair. The peons, however, lose their minds and struggle even harder. When this proves fruitless, they start talking. All of them. Trying to talk over each other in an effort to provide some kind of useful information that would spare their lives. All of it in broken common. In between useless bits of information, you gather that the bandits are seeking the Face in the Stone, and an ancient artifact inside. It supposedly lies within the whirling dust devil over yonder, but none of the raiders have worked up the courage to venture inside and find out. They were using the captives to see if any one of them could survive the sands, but none of them came back, which only further fueled their paranoia. The tarek peons mention that they work on behalf of the raider lord Yarnath the Skull, and Recette pales a little at this and starts to panic.

"Yarnath the Skull is behind the raids? This is bad! Really bad! I've heard horrible, evil things about him! His fortress walks, and, and, and he raises dead as his minions! Bad things!"

Learning more about Yarnath on your own requires a successful Streetwise check

Last edited at 14/07/27(Sun)13:27:31
>> No. 5025 edit
"Yarnath the Skull? I figured that much already"
Streetwise: (27) http://orokos.com/roll/210261
>> No. 5026 edit
File 14064929762.png - (153.58KB , 256x256 , Yarnath the Skull.png )
5026
>>5025
Streetwise (Killua) : A mul defiler that covers their face with an animal skull, Yarnath the Skull is a dread necromancer that leads this band of raiders. He makes his home in his fortress, Slither, which sits on the back of an enormous skeletal beast given life by fell magic. Those who associate with him are branded with a snake skull tattoo somewhere on their body. It is said that, if you promise to do him any favor he asks, he will spare your life. However, most favors end up costing the life of the person who asked for them, whom he animates as his servants. Above all else, Yarnath seeks power, and pursues artifacts and rituals that would give him enough might to rule the wastelands, perhaps even match that of the Sorcerer-Kings. Were such a thing to pass, the current state of Athas would be as paradise in comparison.
>> No. 5027 edit
"If they're really Yarnath lackies they might have a snake skull tattoo, and probably owe something to him."
The rogue considers the current situation for a while, but it proves difficult for himself to decide what to do.
"What should we do? Freeing them might cause us some trouble with House Shom later, but bringing them to a city might be worse than killing them now" asks Killua, looking for the rest of the party opinion.
>> No. 5028 edit
>>5027
"I thought killing them was the safest way before, but now we know that if we let these guys go, chances are at least one will reach this Yarnath. I'm for eliminating the risk right now."
>> No. 5029 edit
File 140650747960.gif - (752.52KB , 587x360 , hiro hair.gif )
5029
Kudust remains quiet as the debate over how to deal with the prisoners continues. He seems indifferent to the debate and instead focuses his attention on the prisoners themselves, making sure none manage to break free and try to make a run for it.
>> No. 5032 edit
File 14052843739.png - (105.04KB , 223x399 , rec_smile.png )
5032
"Um, if I might suggest something?" Recette volunteers. "Put them out of our misery, please? They would only cause us more harm left alive." The girl's voice is eerily calm as she suggests this.

Looking back toward the caravan, she adds,
"I should help the others with getting on their way. It looks like they've found supplies after all!" With that said, the little girl runs off to the people loading the cart. The raiders begin struggling against their bonds again.
>> No. 5033 edit
"That's two against me, huh? Killing weak people is such a boring thing."
"I guess you're right. Sorry guys, they don't want you free."

Saying this, the rogue takes his weapon and kills every restrained minion, starting with the grumpy Tarek Rider. As a token of gratitude, Killua makes each hit as fast and clean as he can, providing them a nearly painless death.
>> No. 5034 edit
File 139071909144.png - (53.06KB , 419x248 , 1371878400312.png )
5034
Glenn returns to the group and simply lowers his head at the slaughter seen before him.

"..Shalt we continue our journey?"
>> No. 5035 edit
>>5033
"It's too bad, really. We can't leave witnesses."

>>5034
"Whatever it is Yarnath wants, it seems to be in there, meaning we should steal it first," Ves points out, gesturing to the dust devil. "Our mission was just to find the stone mask or something, so we'll report back about this location, pretend we found nothing interesting, and keep it for ourselves."

Last edited at 14/07/30(Wed)20:57:19
>> No. 5036 edit
File 139009693328.gif - (409.73KB , 830x470 , 1348698882617.gif )
5036
Kudust joins Recette while the rogue attends to the dirtier business. Looking for the one who looks like they're the most in charge of loading the cart, he asks, "'Re ye gonna be okay headin' out like this? Do ye need an escort?"
>> No. 5037 edit
File 136543273355.png - (538.53KB , 933x886 , sak_a12 laughing 2.png )
5037
Killua finds no significant resistance from the various tarek as he kills them. While the peons wail and struggle against their bonds, the raider faces death with quiet dignity. No witnesses from the raider group remain.

The caravan is very grateful for the offer of assistance, but as long as the weather is fine, they believe they can make it back okay within one or two days.

>> No. 5038 edit
File 140684096391.gif - (2.93MB , 640x360 , 1374838824231.gif )
5038
Kudust shakes his head, "Listen, ye cannae be crossin' tha desert wit' no armed escort. Ye've ahready been attacked, surely ye see tha? Let us help ye first, tha Face can wait."
>> No. 5039 edit
File 140684217354.png - (105.39KB , 223x399 , rec_mad.png )
5039
"He's right, you know," Recette adds, verifying that there's enough cargo and supplies for the entire group. "You're not safe traveling alone when your destination is that far away."

The caravan members look to each other, then, after some hesitation, offer to pay the adventurers 80 gold per person (minus Recette) if they would act as their armed escorts.
>> No. 5040 edit
File 140687413922.gif - (1.00MB , 480x270 , 1400716552199.gif )
5040
"Aye, it's for tha best, lads," Kudust replies, nodding. Turning to face the others, he says to them, "We should go wit' tha caravan back ta tha city. We'll come back after tha."
>> No. 5041 edit
File 140485038195.png - (17.23KB , 128x207 , eri3.png )
5041
>>5040
"The city? Not Tyr, I hope? How far is it? Do we even know where we are?"
>> No. 5042 edit
File 140520305453.png - (104.97KB , 223x399 , rec_def.png )
5042
>>5041
"No, no," reassures Recette, pulling out the map and studying both it and the surrounding area. "We're going to Kled. From where we're at, between these landmarks... We can actually cut through this valley here," -she points to a spot on the map - "and make it back within the span of the same day!"

Last edited at 14/08/01(Fri)18:23:34
>> No. 5043 edit
>>5042
"That doesn't sound too bad, but we can't leave right away. Moving is too risky until the curse is removed, Recette."
>> No. 5044 edit
File 14064927994.png - (105.25KB , 223x399 , rec_shock.png )
5044
"Ah! Yes, that's right!"

Recette takes out the staff and kneels on the ground. After placing it on the sands, the staff begins to glow with a black light again.

"Now, do it just like I showed you."
>> No. 5045 edit
Killua carefully follow Recette's instructions and do his best not to mess up.
Arcana aid another (15) http://orokos.com/roll/211637
>> No. 5046 edit
>>5044
"It didn't sound too complex. Let me help," offers the OP friendly ghost.

Arcana aid (29, natural 20)
http://orokos.com/roll/211638


Last edited at 14/08/02(Sat)13:40:47
>> No. 5047 edit
File 140493002340.png - (104.41KB , 223x399 , rec_joy.png )
5047
Recette nods at the other two and gets to work. Running her hands over the staff, it occasionally sparks and flashes. The psion whispers reassurances as the staff begins vibrating, Killua helping to hold it in place while Ves speaks of calming things.

It takes a long time, but the staff's black glow flickers and disappears.


"Yayifications! We did it!"

Magic Staff +1 is no longer cursed http://orokos.com/roll/211662 (27)

The caravan appears ready to leave at any time, now.
>> No. 5048 edit
>>5047
"We're ready now," announces Ves.
>> No. 5049 edit
With everything squared away, Recette relays instructions to the caravan to follow behind the adventurers' wagon, and directs the Crodlus according to the map. The group leaves the whirlwind of swirling sands behind for now, and presses on to the east. This means cutting through the rocky badlands at the foot of the mountains, and their twisting canyons of crumbling rock. The path here is wide open compared to the trek through the mountains, and the group is able to move significantly faster through it than they've been able to across the roadless sands and craggy mountains. Progress slows when you emerge into the desert sands, but your destination is already close. Once you've drawn near enough to be about half a mile away, the caravan insists you stop.

The modest settlement of Kled isn't much to look at from this far away. There aren't very many buildings, and certainly little attention has been given to aesthetic in their design and coloration. It looks to be cobbled together from stone and ceramics for the most part. The appointed leader of the group offers up his thanks, and hands out four pouches containing 80 gold bits each. The caravan continues on without you the rest of the way, and your crodlus are redirected towards the path you came through. Climbing back up the mountain takes a while longer. Recette navigates the seemingly identical passages, looking visibly nervous while doing so. More than once she looks at the map, then at your surroundings for some sort of familiar landmark.

And now you're right back where you were just hours ago, sans caravan. The bodies of your fallen foes are either missing or scattered piles of meatless bones - victims of scavengers, most likely. It's getting difficult to see clearly, though, as the sun has nearly set.

>> No. 5050 edit
>>5049
"Okay. We should do it before the sun completely sets. We can't leave Beaky and Bucky out here, so we'll squeeze them inside the wagon with Recette to keep them from panicking. The muscleheads can push the wagon along from the side, using it as a shield against the wind. And to avoid getting lost, you'll need lifelines connecting you to the wagon."
>> No. 5051 edit
File 14071097142.gif - (1.07MB , 640x360 , STREET.gif )
5051
Kudust lets loose a grunt at being referred to as a "musclehead," but doesn't complain and takes up a position on the side of the wagon. He pulls out some rope and begins tying it to himself.
>> No. 5052 edit
"...I guess I have to push too?"
Killua wonders if he's good enough to be called a musclehead, but tries his best anyway.
>> No. 5053 edit
File 139146157415.png - (172.31KB , 704x245 , 1371815668782.png )
5053
>>5050
With a ribbit Glen begins to tie some rope to himself and the cart getting ready to push it.

"Let us begin."
>> No. 5054 edit
Pulling up near the sandstorm, the group begins by moving the crodlus into the cart. They protest at first, but obediently oblige after some prodding. Tethering themselves to the wagon with rope, the adventurers enter the sandstorm, with Killua, Kudust, and Glenn pushing it from the side.

The worst of the stinging grit is absorbed by the canvas of the tent, though it's hard to say how long it'll hold up. Your destination lies ahead... Hopefully.


Special :
This skill challenge takes place in rounds, not unlike combat. Each character may act once per round.
All characters gains a +4 bonus to skill checks for this challenge.
Each successful use of a skill contributes 1 success to the skill challenge.
There is a limit to the number of successes a skill can contribute; when a skill can no longer contribute a success, it is marked off below.
When a character succeeds on a check, the next time they make that check, it increases in difficulty appropriate to the level of the skill challenge. A previously Easy DC becomes Moderate, and a Moderate one becomes Hard. This does not affect Hard DCs.
If you haven't received enough successes by the time a round approaches, you will receive penalties on future skill checks during this challenge. This will be noted during the rounds where such things are relevent.
Characters take 1 damage per round while within the dust devil. As long as you're inside or adjacent to the wagon, this does not apply.
You may spend an action point to reroll a failed skill check. You may only do this once per check.

Primary Skills
Athletics (Moderate DC) to use brute strength to push through the storm.
Endurance (Easy DC) to withstand the dust devil's rigors.
Nature (Moderate DC) to read the winds and avoid the worst of its effects.
Perception (Moderate DC) to avoid being turned in the wrong direction, or to make sure you're going in the right direction.

Kudust (0/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Killua (0/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Ves (0/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Glenn (0/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Recette (0/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception

Complications
None yet!


Last edited at 14/08/05(Tue)08:10:29
>> No. 5055 edit
"This... is rather tough." The rogue does his best at pushing the wagon, but clearly the other two muscleheads are sturdier than him.
Athtlics check (14) lol nat 1 http://orokos.com/roll/212221
>> No. 5056 edit
>>5054
"Duck now!"

Nature (29 before more bonuses) http://orokos.com/roll/212267


Last edited at 14/08/05(Tue)11:52:24
>> No. 5057 edit
File 140731204532.gif - (2.23MB , 400x225 , 1354784485972.gif )
5057
Kudust braces himself and attempts to use his whole body to push the wagon forward. He grunts a bit as his flesh strains under the effort.

Stow shield so I don't take the -2 check penalty.
Athletics to push through: 17 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4596973/

>> No. 5058 edit
Athletics: http://orokos.com/roll/212608
>> No. 5059 edit
File 132053424896.png - (372.29KB , 536x886 , sak_a13 default 1.png )
5059
"Ah! A little more to the right!" Recette shouts above the roaring storm. http://orokos.com/roll/212778 (18) Those on the outside do their best to redirect the cart, pausing briefly to duck down as a particularly strong gust of wind rolls past. The wind fills with stinging grit, and you'd swear there are shapes being formed by the storm.

Special :
This skill challenge takes place in rounds, not unlike combat. Each character may act once per round.
All characters gains a +4 bonus to skill checks for this challenge.
Each successful use of a skill contributes 1 success to the skill challenge.
There is a limit to the number of successes a skill can contribute; when a skill can no longer contribute a success, it is marked off below.
When a character succeeds on a check, the next time they make that check, it increases in difficulty appropriate to the level of the skill challenge. A previously Easy DC becomes Moderate, and a Moderate one becomes Hard. This does not affect Hard DCs.
If you haven't received enough successes by the time a round approaches, you will receive penalties on future skill checks during this challenge. This will be noted during the rounds where such things are relevent.
Characters take 1 damage per round while within the dust devil. As long as you're inside or adjacent to the wagon, this does not apply.
You may spend an action point to reroll a failed skill check. You may only do this once per check.

Primary Skills
Athletics (Moderate DC) to use brute strength to push through the storm.
Endurance (Easy DC) to withstand the dust devil's rigors.
Nature (Moderate DC) to read the winds and avoid the worst of its effects.
Perception (Moderate DC) to avoid being turned in the wrong direction, or to make sure you're going in the right direction.

Kudust (1/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Killua (1/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Ves (1/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Glenn (1/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Recette (1/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception

Complications
Nature (Moderate DC) - Any checks made do not count towards a success, but a failed check counts as a failure and imposes a -5 penalty in perception checks until you earn another success.
>> No. 5060 edit
File 140746293860.gif - (888.34KB , 800x450 , hiros spiral power.gif )
5060
Kudust's face remains resolute in the face of the gritty gust of wind, and he maintains his forward momentum with ease.

Endurance (21): http://orokos.com/roll/212807 (forgot to add +4 from challenge)
>> No. 5061 edit
Killua stays resilient while pushing the cart.
Endurance (24) http://orokos.com/roll/212812
>> No. 5062 edit
>>5059
Ves tries to avoid falling off the wagon.

Endurance (8 before any circumstantial bonus) http://orokos.com/roll/212843

>> No. 5063 edit
http://orokos.com/roll/212867 +4
>> No. 5064 edit
File 131827574750.png - (374.92KB , 536x886 , sak_a23 bothered 1.png )
5064
As the winds pick up in intensity, the party struggles through the churning sands, both them, and the wagon canvas, enduring admirably. A blast of air surges through the front of the wagon, though Ves and Recette brace themselves against it, both them and the crodlus mostly unharmed. Such a thing shouldn't happen when you're facing away from the wind, though.http://orokos.com/roll/212994 (33)

Special :
This skill challenge takes place in rounds, not unlike combat. Each character may act once per round.
All characters gains a +4 bonus to skill checks for this challenge.
Each successful use of a skill contributes 1 success to the skill challenge.
There is a limit to the number of successes a skill can contribute; when a skill can no longer contribute a success, it is marked off below.
When a character succeeds on a check, the next time they make that check, it increases in difficulty appropriate to the level of the skill challenge. A previously Easy DC becomes Moderate, and a Moderate one becomes Hard. This does not affect Hard DCs.
If you haven't received enough successes by the time a round approaches, you will receive penalties on future skill checks during this challenge. This will be noted during the rounds where such things are relevent.
Characters take 1 damage per round while within the dust devil. As long as you're inside or adjacent to the wagon, this does not apply.
You may spend an action point to reroll a failed skill check. You may only do this once per check.

Primary Skills
Athletics (Moderate DC) to use brute strength to push through the storm.
Endurance (Easy DC) to withstand the dust devil's rigors.
Nature (Moderate DC) to read the winds and avoid the worst of its effects.
Perception (Moderate DC) to avoid being turned in the wrong direction, or to make sure you're going in the right direction.

Kudust (2/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Killua (2/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Ves (2/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Glenn (2/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Recette (2/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception

Complications
Endurance (Moderate DC) Not applicable

Last edited at 14/08/08(Fri)14:08:08
>> No. 5065 edit
"Keep going!"
Still pushing the cart, Killua ventures into trying to look ahead. The task is rather hard because of the strong winds, but it allows the rogue not to push on the wrong direction.
Perception (20) http://orokos.com/roll/212998
>> No. 5066 edit
>>5064
Ves loses her grip from the gust, but thankfully, local spirits shove her into the wagon, and she phases through.

Endurance, nat 1 w/ speak with spirits
http://orokos.com/roll/213005
- Action Point - Reroll. http://orokos.com/roll/213007


Last edited at 14/08/08(Fri)15:18:34
>> No. 5067 edit
File 139141347139.gif - (2.41MB , 477x397 , deploy the wides.gif )
5067
Biting back some grievances with the local weather, Kudust strains himself upwards to try and peer over the wagon and look for a clear path to push towards.

Nature: (Reading the Winds) 31 (Natural 20): http://orokos.com/roll/213120
>> No. 5068 edit
Perception http://orokos.com/roll/213151 +4
>> No. 5069 edit
File 131837714616.png - (493.83KB , 888x886 , sak_a11 bothered 2.png )
5069
As the group presses onward, Killua and Glenn can see the sands shifting in front of them and nearby. Sand dunes pile up and then topple in an instant, several of which are dangerously close to the cart. They're able to steer the wagon away from them, and Kudust gives a timely warning about another gust of wind that blows through the inside of the cart. Ves nearly falls off, but the wind spirits assist her back into the cart. Recette doesn't appear to be hurt, though she is shaking quite badly. http://orokos.com/roll/213228 (28)

Special :
This skill challenge takes place in rounds, not unlike combat. Each character may act once per round.
All characters gains a +4 bonus to skill checks for this challenge.
Each successful use of a skill contributes 1 success to the skill challenge.
There is a limit to the number of successes a skill can contribute; when a skill can no longer contribute a success, it is marked off below.
When a character succeeds on a check, the next time they make that check, it increases in difficulty appropriate to the level of the skill challenge. A previously Easy DC becomes Moderate, and a Moderate one becomes Hard. This does not affect Hard DCs.
If you haven't received enough successes by the time a round approaches, you will receive penalties on future skill checks during this challenge. This will be noted during the rounds where such things are relevent.
Characters take 1 damage per round while within the dust devil. As long as you're inside or adjacent to the wagon, this does not apply.
You may spend an action point to reroll a failed skill check. You may only do this once per check.

Primary Skills
Athletics (Moderate DC) to use brute strength to push through the storm.
Endurance (Easy DC) to withstand the dust devil's rigors.
Nature (Moderate DC) to read the winds and avoid the worst of its effects.
Perception (Moderate DC) to avoid being turned in the wrong direction, or to make sure you're going in the right direction.

Kudust (3/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Killua (3/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Ves (3/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Glenn (3/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception
Recette (3/4 successes) Can use Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Nature, Perception

Complications
Athletics (Moderate DC) : Not applicable
>> No. 5070 edit
>>5069
"That's really weird, but we must be close! Just a bit further," encourages Ves, climbing back out of the cart.

Perception (20+etc) http://orokos.com/roll/213275


Last edited at 14/08/09(Sat)15:58:22
>> No. 5071 edit
http://orokos.com/roll/213278 nyanpassu
>> No. 5072 edit
File 140766563236.gif - (2.59MB , 500x338 , Sae and Hiro Hand Plant.gif )
5072
Kudust lowers his head and squints his eyes tight as he continues to push the cart forward, steeling his body against whatever else the desert throws at him.

Endurance: (23) http://orokos.com/roll/213341
>> No. 5073 edit
"We better are close..."
The rogue barely manages to stand still.

Endurance (14) http://orokos.com/roll/213385
>> No. 5075 edit
File 14077031479.jpg - (87.58KB , 640x1136 , sak_knowsomethingyoudon't.jpg )
5075
>>5074
Continued!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason